Speaker 1: Hey, hey, Hey, it's me Tiffany, Hi and Mandy and we.
Speaker 2: Are tired and this is brand Ambition and she's tired. Brown Ambition needs a nap.
Speaker 1: I've got two words. I think it's six syllables. Wakanda forever?
Speaker 2: Did you see it?
Speaker 3: I did? Did you see it? God? Oh yeah?
Speaker 2: I have my tickets like a month ago. It was phenomenal.
Speaker 1: If you're listening, I mean we're talking about it. You had the whole weekend to get your stuff together. You really had longer than that. They've been talking about it forever. So if you don't want to hear spoilers, oh well, you you know, I feel like the Black delegation. I checked in and they said that as of Monday evening not twelve pm Eastern Standard time, then we are well within our rights to discuss the full movie, which is happening.
Speaker 3: Agreed, Yes, so let's talk about it. So did you go with with Husbye?
Speaker 2: I took Husbye. He gets to come on all my adventures. I just I just buy tickets and send him calendar invites. That's what I do. He's like, yeah, where are we going?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: He actually loved it.
Speaker 3: Really because everybody was like eh, it was all right.
Speaker 1: I couldn't believe it. I looked at him like, are you kidding me? And he was like he's like, no, no, you know what. He well, first of all, one, he's really into comics, like since he was a kid. He watches the cartoons. He reads it like you know. So he was like it was good. But he's like, I guess all the hype pipe hype pipe pipe, I don't know. And I was just like, are you kidding me? So he was like he didn't hate it, but he wasn't like like blown over the way everybody else was.
Speaker 2: But I was like, what, he's a comic book fan. So has he read the actual comics.
Speaker 3: Some of them? I don't know if he's read the Black Panther comics, but he's.
Speaker 2: Definitely what I meant, yeah, the Black Panther ones because they are a little bit different than the movie.
Speaker 1: I heard, Yes, probably, but whatever. I was like, like, as soon as the end of it, he was like, all right, that was pretty cool. I looked at him like, are you crazy? Like my life is no longer the same. I belong to Wakanda now.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's fine to have an opinion.
Speaker 3: I guess.
Speaker 2: I guess, but like, can he just be quiet about it because we need to keeek out of it?
Speaker 3: Did you?
Speaker 1: First of all, he didn't notice that because I knew he wasn't going to get dressed up. So I wore all black And it wasn't until we got home that he looked at me. He's like, I just feel like what you have on? He was like, I can't with you.
Speaker 3: I'm like whatever, dude, Like I'm in it. Okay, what did you wait?
Speaker 2: What did you wear? Did you wear like a full on?
Speaker 1: No, I wore all black. I just wore like, you know, black black shoes, ugs. I wore black jeans, black sweater. I had black beret, my black trench coat. I don't know how he didn't notice, but I was there extra black you.
Speaker 3: Want, like literal black panther, Yeah, beret. I did.
Speaker 1: Actually I had a but right like, my sister got me some little like hat last year for Christmas. And it's a cute little bereat, but it had a little fuzzy ball in the middle, so you know, it's not as militant as I would like, but close enough.
Speaker 2: Just to like soften it a little bit. So no one like whispers to the manager, see something, say something.
Speaker 1: But you know, I went to go see it in Super Black Newark. Surprisingly, people were quiet during the film. I was really expecting a lot of you know, I don't know, chatting, but yeah, it was full. But you know, I just was expecting because I was nervous about that. I was like, ugh, opening weekend. I really don't want to hear everybody's like mouth And no, we went on Monday. No, No, we didn't go Monday.
Speaker 3: When did we go? I think we went on No, we did. We went on Monday.
Speaker 1: And so yeah, I loved it and I was like, I have to go back to see it again. And my life has forever changed. I want to be a citizen of Wakanda. I am ready for my day glow lip tattoo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's everything. I mean, let's just talk highlights. So, I mean, it's a great movie. It's a great action movie. But there's so layers, just layer. I mean, I've never left an action movie with a tear of my eye, Like when a little boy on the basketball court looks up and sees a king from Africa and his badass good sister, scientist's sister and their spaceship. I'm like, God, I mean that movie just did so much for women women. I mean it was so female centric. I mean, I I've seen the posters. I knew it how Lupza, I knew it had Angela Bassett, but I didn't know just how central a role the women in this movie made were. Yeah, it was amazing and there wasn't It felt like every woman in the movie had a juicy role.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: What I love is that the is it the dope don't get me saying around, but the private guard to the King.
Speaker 3: What I loved is that one. They were so fierce and just a maze easy.
Speaker 1: And what I also love is that they weren't overly sexualized their outfits like ruths I forget the woman's name who like made like the costumes that she said she wanted to make them obviously like they're women and she wanted to acknowledge that, but she didn't want to pander and make it super like booby busty booty.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I thought they were all like beautiful, but androgynosts like it, like, it wasn't about their sexuality, it was about their power. Yeah, you know, like it's so often like they say, oh, we have a strong female you know, superhero in this movie, but they're always like using their sex appeal to like trick people into giving them what they want or to beat the bad guys. And it really just felt like, no, they're just straight up kicking ass and that is why, Like, that's what it's about. This armor is there for a purpose, you know, to protect them, not to show off your body their bodies.
Speaker 1: And I just love how the default was of course the women are strong and that they play in a huge and hugely important role. There wasn't this like whoa women are strong such a surprise. It was like this is a well established known fact, you know what I mean, Like it was I just loved it. And I love the fact, yes, finally for women who are chocolate to be included, like and not like oh we've got that one, like we've got Gabrielle Union that's as dark as we go. It was so nice to see a range of browns and that, you know, because I honestly hardly ever see a woman in my complexion playing any sort of leading anything, you know, in a movie, let alone multiple women. I was like, oh mg, all of this dark chocolate in one movie, I die.
Speaker 3: I die.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna let you speak on that because I'm feeling it, but I also just want to shut up and listen because you know, it was just I noticed it. So I'm just I can only imagine what it must mean like for people who are yeah, darker skin and you just don't see yourself and if you do, it's the only one. Yeah, and just oh, all right.
Speaker 1: And then the diaspora presentation, like so there were Africans, there were West Indians, there were African Americans. They really tapped into that diaspora to play different roles, you know, and which was really amazing, like to see like, oh, like Lupita is African, and the woman that played a Koye Ko Koye, she was African, Yes.
Speaker 3: But then also Baku, the.
Speaker 1: General or the king from the northern tribe, the Ape tribe, he was I believe West Indian. And then Chadwick Boseman is I believe the African American. And of course Angela Bassat is African American. I think Zuri his sister, I believe she is African by way of by way of the United Kingdom. I think and that guy who played get Out is from like the UK or whatever, but he's he's his background is African.
Speaker 3: It just I just was like I can't with all this awesome things. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: It was overload of like and then the fact that I just love them Michael B. Jordan first of all, Newark brick city, stand up born and raised Michael B. Jordan, like he literally came to Newark to do like a talk like during opening weekend, and he's from Newark and just to like have like this kid from Newark who grew up here like be killing it on the screen. And then this thirty one year old director, I mean, hello, Ryan. I just it was just too much, too much in the fact that it's like broken so many records. It's just we're entering into this like black brown love fest renaissance.
Speaker 3: I hope so we are.
Speaker 2: I hope what's happening because you know, everyone's making like it's really exciting that we have all, like, of course, a movie where it's just it's not just about it's not just a movie with black actors, but about the black experience and like every shade of it from Africa to the US, but also I just hope that it's just, you know, because people take the complain about Hollywood and how there's not enough roles for people of and like it's very, very true. But I continue to be like you, we can only beat against a brick wall so hard trying to expect people to change, the people in casting rooms, the directors, the producers to change their perception of people of color and to cast them for you can only do that for so long. At a certain point, you got to say, what can we do? We can create our own art. We can be in a position of power putting Ryan Coogler in charge just with that one decision. You know, he's going to be reaching to people that he knows, and all of a sudden, those people are not going to be naturally you know, white, or naturally you know, from the US, because he might know a much more diverse variety of people just based on who he is, based on his own It's like, give us a chance to use our internal biases, yeah, to our networks. And as soon as this starts happening more, we just need more and more people getting in positions of power and decision making. Like I just that just for me reinforce that whole belief I've always held, which is that's where the real change happens. And that's what's so freaking exciting about Black Panther. And hopefully, like I hope everyone in this movie just goes on to make more movies and cast each other.
Speaker 1: Yes, I love because you see Ryan Coogler of his three films, Michael b. Jordan has been in all three Fruitvale Station, Creed and this one, because that's what he's able to do. Like I One of the things Michael B Jordan said when that surprised him when he got on set was how many brown people were behind the scenes, that the cameraman, the light man, the sound man. That he was like, well, he was like, I remember watching some interview that the whole cast did and they asked all of the cast, like, what.
Speaker 3: Was one of their most memorable moments?
Speaker 1: And remember when T'Challa is becoming king and he's he's this is right before he's about to do the ceremonial challenge, and so it's like the waterfall scene where everyone is kind of like in bright colors and like dancing and singing. So all of them describe how I guess they were trying to figure out what the direction or what it was going to look like. So while they waited, they had African drummers on set. While they waited, the African drummer started playing Drop It like It's Hot by Snoop Dogg.
Speaker 3: Like dude, they said.
Speaker 1: Everyone started singing it and just jamming, like waiting for the director to be like, all right, guys, this is how we're going to do the shot. And she was like it was magic, cause where else would that happen? Snoop Dogg Drop It Like It's Hot. People from every country imaginable and all throughout the diaspora, all knowing this one dope song. And she was just like everyone was just looking around like, yo, this is so lit.
Speaker 2: Just seeing how much fun they're having on the press tour, like following them on the Instagram. It's just you know it and to see it's just one of those examples too where everyone is just supporting it. It's when we win, everyone wins kind of thing. But like right now it feels like everyone's winning, which is nice. It's not like you're just congratulating the one woman, you know, in the one Black woman or one Black man in a movie getting praised, it's like you're all in it. It's happening from more than one person. And like what you said before about the different not just one shade of black, like a different nationalities, different you know, different backgrounds, different, just experiences and socioeconomic statuses and just experiences in life. That's what happens when you give more than just one person an opportunity like of color, and it's gonna help other people. Like I hope, I hope people of every color go see this movie. And I know that they will because it's a big Marvel movie has a built in you know, audience. But like the fact that they're going to be seeing this too and start to think more complexly about people of color. It's also like a big win because we may understand that we're not just one Obviously, we're not just one group. We're different shades, different backgrounds, different you know, nationalities, et cetera. But there's a lot of people who just put a put black people into this big pool. Yeah, remember how you brought up get Out. Daniel Kluya was in Get Out and he is also in Black Panther, But when he was cast like Samuel L. Jackson was like, man, they should have given that to an American black actor. Why they give it to a British black actor, Like, so we're nitpicking because it's easy only West, you know. Yeah, that's that's the frustrating thing about having such limited roles. If we just create more opportunity than it wouldn't be like these, the singular roles wouldn't have to have all the pressure on them.
Speaker 1: Yes, you're right, because here I feel like people everyone is everyone feels good because they're like everyone in the diaspora is represented.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 1: I see so many like people going up for like yes my West Didney and x y Z or yes, my African sisters in this or yes my you know my African American brothers in this. And you're right because there it wasn't just one role. It was so many roles. So I really have not heard, you know, the any sort of like oh they should have.
Speaker 3: They're like, no, we're all here. We're literally all here.
Speaker 1: And so I mean, but nothing is more And to bring a tie back to finance, like nothing is more powerful than financial impact. And in this movie, doing as well as it has, it dispels that black movies don't do well. And I think I saw some numbers somewhere where it was like thirty five percent of the people who've seen the movie, or African American like thirty seven percent or white, I believe, and the other was like kind of like other. And it just goes to show you. So it's it wasn't just us. Obviously we came out in mass but what it shows you is that moviies with people of color can do well outside of our community, like there is enough here, you know, and so and yeah. So at the end of the day, you know, corporations and businesses, you know, they see money, and so I'm hoping that this will help to trigger some change and to put some finances behind you know, creating different images, because there's money to be made if you do so.
Speaker 2: And put these people in places where they can create more art. Like you know, Lupitza and younger won a freaking oscar. But we haven't seen her in a major movie. You know, she's done small parts in like Star Wars, and she did the Princess or Queen of Katwe, which was like a Netflix movie, but she went off and did a play with actually who played the the the Akoye in the movie done Dona Garia. I'm probably just butchered her last name. I'm sorry. So she wrote the play Eclipse, DNA did and then cast Lupita in it. And look, Eclipse was a play that was in New York City and ran for a couple of years. It moved to Broadway. It was a big hit, but it was, you know, a play, but it was about I think female prisoners in Liberia, and you know, they went off and created their own art. But like to have someone say, you you know, because that's probably where the opportunities were for them, you know, sadly is on the stage and you know, on in theater because these roles for in movies and film that everyone's so excited about just aren't going women of color. So they had to go off and do their own art. And I just hope that with this movie. I just want them. You know, Donae is in her forties, Lopita, you know, I'm sure by Hollywood standards is not like you know, a spring chicken like they which is sad, but they need to be given these these opportunities to create the same way other people are, because that's the only way going to continue seeing stuff like this happen. Yeah, Am I broken record yet?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I just think that, like, yes, I just think that this is like I'm just excited how everybody's exact. I mean, of course you have some people who are just contrarians, but I'm like, girl, you can't steal my joy.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, Sterline K Brown, Angela Bassett and those when she took off that crown and it was Gray Dreads. I just I died in love. In love. Yeah, amazing movie. And I hope that you know, if you're in a position of power and where you work, or you are afraid to take a position of power where you work because you don't think you're ready or whatever, I would just say, like my message is always you you have to take it, like you just have to because just by virtue of who you are, if you're a person of color or any minority, or just a different experience, you know, among you know from the people in your office, Like even though you may not feel ready or maybe intimidating to you, just think about the just the different the value of your perspective and you're bringing to the table. You know you can grow into a job. But you know that's That's one of the proudest things I can say as as I'm hiring and building a team is that, you know, I just know that I'm bringing something different to the table and I'm building my team and I'm looking around and I'm like, this is different and this is special, and you know, it's not something that that might have happened if I hadn't been here, and I and I and I and I know I've I've talked to people about jobs in leadership roles, you know, even on my team, and to see them be like, I don't know if I'm ready, and like, you know, it's a.
Speaker 3: Lot of response.
Speaker 2: I'm like, just do it. I'll help you. Just do what you got to do it. Take one for the team. It's going to be great because you never know where you're going to be next and who you can help.
Speaker 1: Yeah, honestly, it's just to kind of pickyback off. What you said is that, like we have to you have to create spaces where like, look, how many different types of people are going to have opportunities because you're in a position to hire.
Speaker 3: You Mandy at the Brown Woman.
Speaker 1: Are in a position to hire, and so things can't change unless there is someone in the position to bring us into the room. Some doors cannot be opened with just education alone. Someone from the inside literally has to open the door. There is no door door knob on the other side.
Speaker 3: You know. One of my one of my teammates.
Speaker 1: So I call my team of folks that work for the Academy or the budgetiese. I call them the Unicorn Squad. So her name is Karen. Karen is amazing. She just turned forty eight. You know, she looks like twenty five and she just started working with me. But she's amazing. So I've made her into like my floating project manager because she keeps me organized.
Speaker 3: And I was telling.
Speaker 1: Her, asking her kind of like the other day we were talking about she was just saying why she enjoyed working, you know, as a Unicorn Squad member. She was like, I've never had the opportunity because she is silent but mighty, like one of these people that puts in so much work but also does not play the corporate America game, like, hey, look what I've done. And so she was like, in all of my jobs, she's got locks too, and she's little.
Speaker 3: She's like, in all of my jobs, I've been looked over.
Speaker 1: I've been like, no one has given me the opportunity to fully stretch to the fullness of what I bring to the table, even though I've wanted to bring so much, and no matter how hard I've worked, I've always been overlooked. She's like, but working here under you, a woman of color, Tiffany, You're always just like, well, hot, do you think we should do it?
Speaker 3: Well? Create a strategic planning, let's get it done. She was like, there is.
Speaker 1: Never a no I am able to fully She's like, I've never been happier. I'm able to fully work within what I'm capable of. She's like, I've never had that before. And I thought, wow, that unless there are people in positions to be able to create opportunities like that, then it's just we're just not going to grow. And that's what motivates me to go harder and to grow bigger because I it less for it because I'm such a cheapy I'm not spending any money less for that. It's more so because I want to be able to vide platforms and opportunities for a woman like Karen, who whatever job was overlooking her is a fool. She is like amazing. Yeah, you know, and I just think about, like, I can't how much she could have brought to the table if they would have put aside their own bias against this little black woman with locks, and they probably are like, she doesn't know much.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile she's like slaying.
Speaker 1: And I'm just like, ugh, so I just it to me. The answer is, if you have the ability to create something or to elevate to a position where you're able to bring other people along with you, please go for it, because that's the only way we're going to really really be able to create any change in our communities.
Speaker 3: Yes, lot, so, I know.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I just feel like, uh, as far as a like Brown, you know, Brown Break, Brown Boost, I just feel like everything is, everything is will Coomba. I just don't have an out.
Speaker 2: I do have. I have a little thumb some I wanted to give a shout out just real quick. It's not financial related, so let me just stay it quick. But you know, we've all been I think you know there there was that shooting last week on Valentine's Day in uh in Florida at that high school, and I feel I'm tentatively starting to feel like this one might be a little bit different, like the reaction that we're getting. The way that these kids at this school have decided to take action. You know, they went to their state Assembly in Tallahassee and they took it. They rented a bus. I don't know who organized it, but the hundreds of kids from this school have gone to call on the local representatives to enact gun gun control restrictions in Florida. It's just amazing. And you know, you're starting to see things like Oprah and George Clooney are making these half million dollar donations to a march about gun violence. And I mean I always I was always in the camp of like, okay, well of twenty six child children, you know, and Sandy Hook couldn't like if we wouldn't do anything after that, then you know, probably nothing's ever gonna happen. But I'm I feel bad now because I think what we always needed, or apparently what is working, is when the youth, when the kids are standing up and shaming the adults, you know, for not stepping up and really just you know, living in their own power and and and getting their voices heard. It's just been really, it's been phenomenal, so that's that's my boost, not financial, I know, but I.
Speaker 3: Know that's great.
Speaker 2: I didn't want to. I feel like we had to be said, had to be said.
Speaker 3: No, I totally agree. And my brown boost is what kind of forever? No? No, you know what my boost is. That handshake is everything. Slap slap, snap, pull back, X over your heart what.
Speaker 1: Like's if I see you, Mandy. That's what we're doing. We're gonna practice until we get it right.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I'm gonna start watching YouTube. I'm just glad to have another use for that emoji with the crossed arms.
Speaker 3: Yes, that belongs to work.
Speaker 1: Do we have any amazing questions from our amazing listeners?
Speaker 2: As ever, you guys have sent us some great questions. If you want to get your question answered, I did. I got a question from someone who's like, why didn't you answer my question yet? I'm sorry. They're fair and fair enough well played. I will say, we don't we usually do a one or two per show. Maybe we'll do Maybe we should dedicate a show to answering some questions in the next in the coming weeks, because we did get a couple of I was reading your your survey responses PS if you want to do the survey, it's still on our Facebook page. Go fill it out listener survey. So I was reading some of the comments people left in a couple of them and asked for more questions, more answers.
Speaker 3: So, okay, I love that.
Speaker 1: Email us at Brown Ambition Podcasts at gmail dot com.
Speaker 2: Right, yes, ma'am.
Speaker 1: Or they can just go to Bronambition podcast dot com and click uh, ask what does it?
Speaker 3: Ask us anything?
Speaker 2: Ask us anything?
Speaker 3: Okay, I got.
Speaker 2: It, you're doing it. Thank you because I'm struggling today. Okay. Today's question comes from Danique. Donique has oh I'm going to read that. She gives me a short and a long version. I got to go with the short version. Donique says, I love you guys, Thank you. I have a medical bill that has been placed in an office for collection. It's eight hundred and sixty five eight hundred and sixty seven dollars for an emergency room visit. What should I do? I don't want to pay it because I believe I shouldn't have been billed for the visit. Then she goes on to explain a little bit more of the background which I read and essentially she's gone. She had gone back and forth with the hospital and the insurance company saying, no, I don't owe eight hundred and sixty seven dollars. This should have been covered by the insurance and then eventually she just stopped talking to them and cut to now she's got a letter in the mail from a Collection's what she's saying is a collection's office saying that she still owes this eight hundred and sixty seven dollars for an emergency room visit.
Speaker 3: Okay, so got it.
Speaker 1: I'm assuming that your emergency room visits are at least partially covered by your insurance. That's what your belief is, which sounds right, you know, because many insurance options give you some sort of emergency room coverage to a certain extent. So I would I mean, I know sometimes it's a pain in the butt, but I would think you'd have to reach back out to the insurance company and get a clear understanding of like just ask the basic question of if I go to the emergency room, how much do you cover and get that answer and ask if you can get that in writing in some way from the insurance company. Yeah, because I've had emergency room visits and where I wasn't insured, you know, I was like, yikes, And then I've had where I was insured, and so sometimes there's some stuff lost in translation. So the insurance company might say we cover a percentage, or it might be an actual dollar amount, so understand what that is. So let's just say it's a dollar amount and what the hospital saying is minus that dollar mouth, this is what you owe us. But you seem pretty sure that you're like, no, it should be covered, which, like I said, it's not crazy. I just went to the emergency room post surgery because I had like a really bad pain in my back and it.
Speaker 3: Was covered fully. So, like I said, that's not uncommon.
Speaker 1: Also, what I'm hoping is because sometimes hospitals they don't actually send it to full on collections. They send it to hospital collections, which means that it hasn't left the hospital atmosphere, which is a good thing because there's still space and room. So I want to jump on it quickly because if they find that, oh, it was a mistake, the hospital still owns the debt, because what I don't want them to do is to actually have sold it just yet, because that's going to be harder to get the because the people who bought it, they're not going to care about you know, your insurance companies at whatever. They're like, well, my name's Bob, I bought your debt.
Speaker 3: You owe me yep. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And the fact that this is the first bill she's gotten outside of those first initial bills, I feel like, I'm hopeful that this is just a hospitals collections. They're in house collections. ARM reaching out to her, and you know, she goes on to ask, you know, should I should I ignore it?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I don't think so. Yeah, you just answered your own question. Don't ignore it. If you do, it will only get worse. And here's one thing I'll say, because you know, I actually just got a bill. I went to an allergist a couple months ago. You know, I just had a feeling I was didn't get a crazy bill because they were in network. It was preventative, but I still went anyway. Ended up getting a bill for one hundred and twenty five dollars Billy and she mentions that her insurance company told her that the hospital must have put in the wrong billing code. This happens like all of the time. Okay, billing codes can be put in improperly, and it may sound crazy, it may seem really really annoying. It's a hassle for you. Now you have to go back to the hospital and ask them about the billing code, or you have to talk to your insurer and ask them to talk to the hospital about the billing code to get it all worked out. It feels like, God, why do I have to do this? Like why is it my job? Sadly, this is just reality and a lot of in for a lot of people in the US right now with the way that the healthcare system is set up. It's a pain in the ass and you really do have to stay on top of people, and you can't like drop the ball. You got to keep calling, keep be banging in that drum until you get whatever relief you're supposed to get. And if you drop the ball, what happens is what's happening now, which is they'll just keep putting it through the system and you know your credit can be at risk. Here my sister is going through something similar right now where she's having like you really have to be your own advocate. It's not like the insurance company and the hospital are best friends and they constantly chat and like know each other. I mean, these are thousands and thousands of employees at the insurance maybe thousands at the hospital. You know, one person putting in the wrong code can just mess up your life. But and it's gonna take it's gonna take a lot of work for you to get those two, the insurance company and the hospital, to like get on the same page. Which may sound a little harsh, but it's I mean, I'm just just seeing what my sister's gone through, having gone through it myself. Is it's it's nuts. But you gotta you just got to keep doing it, like you know, make it, like set a reminder when you get off work, okay, call or during lunch or whatever, just call the insurance company again, even if you haven't heard anything from them. Call them once a day, just checking in on this, you know, call the hospital, just checking in on this, to show them that you are engaged and that you want to get something resolved, and that will at least prevent it from from them continuing to try to push you through the collection system.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, I agree, because you don't want to be pushed inside. Like it's just but hospitals typically take their time with that, So yeah, get.
Speaker 3: On it now.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's it's adult thing is never quite fun unless we're going on vacation or like Supergirl said, we were at Whole Foods going food shopping and she said I can't because she kept picking out things where I was.
Speaker 3: Like, nope, nope, nope, nope.
Speaker 1: She said, I can't wait. I get to be the doc about whatever I want. And I'm like, you know what, it is pretty fun.
Speaker 3: That's that's all time.
Speaker 1: But other than that, adult think it'd be pretty hard. But we want the best for you, so definitely get on it and advocate for yourself because you would hate for this to balloon into something bigger.
Speaker 2: Absolutely excellent. Thank you so much for your question, Donnique, and you guys, like Tiffany said, hit us up at Brown Ambition Podcast at gmail dot com, or go to Brown Ambition Podcast dot com and drop us a line at the ask us Anything tab.
Speaker 3: Dot com. I know I'm like two lines late.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I barreled right over your opening.
Speaker 3: My bad. It's sad. I it's all right. So it's time for win.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm gonna give away a little a little self congratulations. I got a little feature in entrepreneur dot com. I'm entrepreneur and it was so dope because it was alongside of some amazing, amazing, amazing women. It was for they had an article about African American women on Entrepreneurs and it was Kathy Hughes, like the super just like successful women who started TV one, Jessica Matthews who started this disruptive, amazing company called Uncharted Play. I don't think it's called on trying to play anymore, but basically, I don't know if you ever saw the young woman who started a company where she's like, how can we bring energy to Africa? And she figured out a way how to collect energy in a soccer ball that kids use and then use that energy that you could take that ball at the end of the day back to your village and then you can light the house with it.
Speaker 3: Isn't that amazing? Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, So she's so and just like just some other just amazing women who are on the list.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I was like, how are you're here? Girl? But you know what, I'm gonna take.
Speaker 2: It, take it, run with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So it was just really awesome and so yeah, just a little like sometimes i I'm trying to learn how to stop drop and say, you know, something good has happened, acknowledge it, and you know, be happy for it, and then you know, of course, you know, don't stay stagnant.
Speaker 3: But I never stopped to.
Speaker 1: Really acknowledge it. I'm always barreling through to the next thing. So that's my win.
Speaker 2: Congratulations, I did share it. I did share it on the install. Think that you guys. You guys know that I'm treating The Brown Ambition Podcast Instagram as my personal Instagram now since I'm still locked out.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: I'm like, it's like I'm a like a prisoner of war, like Day thirty one. They are playing me, though, you go, so just I was kicked off Instagram, I guess I'll make my win our fabulous Instagram page now that I'm forced to update it because I have no other Instagram outlet. They still won't let me back in. But the thing is they're playing with me. They keep sending me these emails like, oh hey, Mandy money, see what you've been missing on Instagram. Like it's like I've chosen not to be on That is really weird. It's totally messed up. But no, the Brown Ambition Instagram podcast page is lit. Please go follow us. I'm sharing just all the Brown magic I'm seeing on the Gram and we're at what are we? Oh god, oh at Brown Ambition podcast shocker on the Gram and oh I have an I have another quick win for you. I have a copy. We are officially trademarked Brown Ambition. I have the copy of the trademark letter with a little gold seal and everything.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, that's awesome, exciting.
Speaker 2: So don't take it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't. It's trademark, it's owned.
Speaker 2: Brand Ambition TM. How do you add that to your Instagram name?
Speaker 3: I don't know, but I'm sure it's possible.
Speaker 2: All right, don't come from us. Get a season desist letter one. I'm going to google one.
Speaker 1: I have definitely had to send a couple of them. I remember somebody was like, I forget what the named their thing. It was like budget, Nissa something or the other, and I was like, hey, you know, just so you know, this is trademarked, and please you know, I you know, I asked you to take it down or you know, or I said something like next steps would be for me to, you know, send a legal request to take it down. They got so mad, and I'm like, They're like, oh, you came at a hard and hot you could have just said, I'm like, did I?
Speaker 3: I felt like I was nice. It was so pissed.
Speaker 1: They insulted me in every way possible, and I was like, you know what, they have three followers. Let's just back up because I don't have time to fight anybody in the streets.
Speaker 3: Oh, I do have a request for.
Speaker 1: Listeners, so I am disorganized.
Speaker 3: Do you have it?
Speaker 1: I can ask you too, Mandy. I need a project management tool. Not for like I mean just for like life. I mean definitely I want to add like business, all the kind of stuff. But I ideally would love if this is how, if it was in person, how I'd use it. It would be like a bulletin board with like long sheets of paper with the name of the basic project name on top of these like strips of paper and underneath the task that I need.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I got it. I got to use Trello. That's what I use, That's what we use at work. Yeah, it's amazing Trello.
Speaker 1: Really, because I've been I've been hearing about Trello and a sauna. Have you ever used a sauna.
Speaker 2: I've heard it. We looked at a sauna, but we just we wanted Trello and I'm a fan. I think they're both good.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna fry because I have an I have an assauna account, and I was like, eh, it's not as intuitive as I would like.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna super easy. Okay, We're super easy.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, and I think it's free.
Speaker 2: I don't think yeah, I have a special corporate account.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, No, I think it is.
Speaker 1: I think it's up to a certain amount of people or whatever. Okay, So I'm definitely gonna because I just feel like there's so many things that like I forget because yep, you know, and I'm just like, oh I forgot.
Speaker 3: Sometimes it's not even just business.
Speaker 1: I would like just the place where because as it is right now, I'm like the handwritten notebook girl. And if I can't find my notebook, I'm like just me.
Speaker 2: And that's good for you, But like, what about the other people who need to know what's happening?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: Well, well, the team we have like everyone, like we use Slack and we do have like project management stuff, but like sometimes like for example, I meet with the core team members on Mondays, and sometimes I'm like there's projects and I'm like, oh, I have to remember to tell Tamra to do this or did it? So when I give it to them, they included into we use project management tools that but I just none of them. I don't like Slack is okay, but I needed something that was like a Tiffany board where it's a mix between don't forget to go food shopping and oh your molly More edits are due, you know, and so yeah, so.
Speaker 2: Everything for that too. That's how we use it actually, because we have six different websites for doing content for and like six different people, well actually ten different people kind of in that process man like handling those different categories of content, and so each person as a board. So everything you need from this person's on their board, and you know, Chris's board has that his assignments, and Christina has hers. But another way you can use it is you could just create, like make the board the name of the project, like you said, that's what I'd like, like, yeah, like I don't know, budget needs to live, ritual challenge, and then everything underneath that board. Yeah, it's really really easy and then you can like add people to the board so whenever something happens to the board, they're alerted. Hashtag Trello free advertisement. It's good stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pay Trelo if you like the sponsor.
Speaker 2: Is that shout out to organization though, because you know it's it's something that they don't teach you. There should just be a class, you know, for new managers on how to be organized, because everything that you did as an individual employee does not work when you're managing a team at all, does not is not they don't accept your currency here in the other side, then I get.
Speaker 3: Out of here with this with your petty pennies.
Speaker 2: Yes, no, you just want to stare at your computer and be in your mind all day. Nope, it's not gonna work.
Speaker 1: It's just so many things. Like today, I was like, okay, I've hit capacity. I had like a call and I'm on the call and for the first minute, I'm like confused about why is she talking about my children's book project? And I'm like, oh, that's this is not the the other call all.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, oh my gosh, Tiffany.
Speaker 1: Because there's just so many you know, you know what I would really love more than anything. Remember this is so random. I know' was supposed to be wrapping up. But remember in the Harry Potter movie where Dumbledore was like, hats a.
Speaker 3: Lot on his mother pencis what.
Speaker 1: I would love one of those where I could just pull thoughts out and put.
Speaker 3: It into a little bowl and dive in when I'm ready, just to relieve my mind.
Speaker 1: That's what i'd like. I mean, let's get that invented. Until then, I'll try trello.
Speaker 2: That's what I need to go to sleep at night, Like if I could just take the thoughts out of my brain, Like I'm tired of dreaming about my boss. Like and it's not even the interesting dreams. It's just me at my desk at work, just editing things. The nightmare. It is not a good dream. It's just a work day. I'm just living a work day in my in my safe is what's happening. That's a sad state of affairs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, you know what. That's so crazy because that's what I do too.
Speaker 1: I'm like, wait, or I'll get excited because I don't think I have completed a task, and I'm like, that wasn't my dream?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'll be dreamed about your TrailO for it pretty soon.
Speaker 3: On that note, it's been great chatting with y'all.
Speaker 1: Connect with us, hit us up on social media everywhere, find us out Brown Ambition, and.
Speaker 3: We'll see you next week. Let us know what you thought about my mom My mom Black Panther. We'd love to hear too,