Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio. We did it.
Speaker 2: We made it to a meet Friday. It's hour two. The gang is here, Todd, the Minister of human Marvin Humor, Marvin Paulie, Dylan. Dylan not only sitting in the back row with Todd, he's also whipping up a feast or resistance. It's Porterhouse Steaks. Is this Peter Luger style? Yes, one of the most famous steakhouses in America. They don't take credit cards, I believe at Peter Luger's in Brooklyn, New York.
Speaker 3: Yes, it will be cash only today.
Speaker 2: Alrighty. We have Tomahawk ribis, we have tableside caesar salad, and we have o'grotten potatoes. Who has it better than we do?
Speaker 4: No body?
Speaker 2: Steaks provided by Heartland Steak Co. Taste the Heartland difference there. Uh so you're going to do a table side caesar salad.
Speaker 1: We are.
Speaker 3: That'll be the first course, Dan, and then fought up with our steak and potatoes.
Speaker 2: Do you have the little cart that you're going to roll out that they do at steakhouses?
Speaker 3: I found something that'll work in the back.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, there's a lot of things in the garage that have been out there for a long time, even before we got here.
Speaker 3: Yep, there's a lot of heavy machinery back there.
Speaker 2: Yes there is all right, or yes there are eight seven seven to three. DP show email address DP at dan Patrick dot com, Twitter handle a DP show say good morning. If you're watching this program, you can watch it all unfold with all of the cameras. We we've added new cameras. We have more cameras. It basically, wherever you go in this building there is a camera, except for the bathrooms. Although Chrissy Teagan, the swimsuit model, she kept saying, you swear, you swear you don't have a camera in the bathroom. I go, I don't have one in the bathroom. That's illegal. She goes, so oh, and I go, I do not have a camera in the bathroom. I mean, Todd's creepy, but not that creepy. No, we have to draw lines somewhere, yes we do. But yeah, cameras all around, and you can explore the man cave. Our director, the eyes and ears of the program, Mario is here to guide you through with all the different places. We got the bullpen, we got the director's room. We have the basketball court pickleball court there as well. We have Tyler in there answering your phone calls. We have the dogs that are in there as well, a couple of dogs, and we have me, yes, Balie.
Speaker 5: When people visit the man Cave for the first time, they love look at the field house, the outside area.
Speaker 6: They love the stuff.
Speaker 5: Though they start looking on your desk and behind you and on our side and like.
Speaker 6: Who's shoes are these? Yeah, whose surfboard is this?
Speaker 2: I think what happens is it looks larger in person when when you're watching on TV, it doesn't look as big. That's what she said. But you have the man Cave and it is. It's an embarrassment of riches. This is considering where we were with the old man Cave that was basically two three rooms. This has got I don't know, twelve thousand square feet.
Speaker 3: Yes, Dylan, I remember one of my first times going over to the old studio and I think you guys had just had meat Friday and Tyler was doing the dishes in the pedestal sink in the bathroom like there was no The grill had to be brought outside onto the fire escape.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah. We had Alan our it guy who also doubled as the chef, and we were out on a fire escape and whipping up meat Friday. All right, pull question results from our one. We will talk to the CEO of the PGA tour, Brian Rollout. He'll stop by a few questions to ask him about. And Nate Bargatzi, the comedian. His movie bread Winner comes out today in I believe theaters around the country. All Right, what do you have?
Speaker 3: What's worse? Being underdressed or overdressed? Seventy eight percent of the public say being underdressed is worse. Okay, and what is your reaction after Game six last night in San Antonio? Now I think the Spurs are going to win. I always had the Spurs winning, Or now I think the thunder are going to win, or I always had the Thunder. Forty percent always had the Thunder. So they're still believing.
Speaker 2: Well, there's still the favorites to win the title at minus one five, the Knicks at plus two ten, the Spurs at plus five point fifty and Saturday night Game seven, Thunder they will be giving three and a half to the Spurs. We like to look at experience when you get this far, no matter what the sport is. You know, if you have somebody who's a rookie or first year, second year player that experience, well, you can't look at Oka See any different than you can San Antonio this year because okay See hadn't won it last year and we were win wondering. You know, you get to those games sevens pressure situations trying to win a championship. Well, they were the youngest team in the NBA and they ended up playing well. Sga played well in the Game seven against Joker and the Nuggets. He had thirty five Game seven in the finals against the Pacers, he had twenty nine and twelve assists. Did not play well. He hasn't played well in their losses. He's played really well in their victories. Victor Wendanyama has played well in San Antonio's victories and not so well when they've lost. Is there a direct correlation. Yes, as SGA goes, Okase goes, as Wemby goes, so did the San Antonio Spurs. Can you be as aggressive? They were more aggressive than I'm seeing them. But SGA only had three free throws and that's where I wondered was it a market correction. Was there something where consciously, subconsciously this topic comes up with the officials with the NBA. I don't know that, but it did feel like there was more play on moments last night. And this is what I want to see. I will if you get fouled, called the foul. But if you're hunting fouls, then I'm gonna I'm gonna really be tough on you, and I'm going to say play on. But if it's something that happens in the course of a game, that is in the flow of a game, then call it. I have no problem with that. But I also wonder does SGA care how he's being viewed. Does he consciously subconsciously not hunt those fouls last night? Now, I would tell him do what you've been doing. Don't stop just because people are saying, hey, this is going to affect your legacy or however they want to frame this. Go out and play the way you play, because in twenty years from now, if you have two titles and two MVPs, it's okay if they say, yeah, but you were and fowls, Yep, you're right. I want to be criticized for winning I'm okay with that. I remember I one a Sports Emmy for Studio host and Bob Costas wasn't in the category. And I remember somebody saying, hey, you won it, but Costas wasn't in it, and I go, I don't give a bleep. I couldn't care less. Bob wasn't in the category. He wasn't doing a studio show. I couldn't care less. I just wanted to win. Yeah, Paul.
Speaker 6: And the funny thing is it was Bob Costa.
Speaker 2: That's weird. I wasn't going to say.
Speaker 6: That third person.
Speaker 2: Yeah awkward, Yeah, Oh that was awkward. That was nineteen ninety six and I was up against Chris Berman, and I'm sitting at the table, so all the people at ESPN are there, and I get nominated, and it was kind of an oh, by the way nomination because Chris is there and he's telling the producers for like NFL Countdown, who he's going to thank when he wins the award. So I'm sitting at the table and I don't say anything. And I do think Chris is going to win, and I would have no problem if he did, but he's saying I gotta thank and he started going around telling these producers and then at the very end he comes back to me and he goes and good luck to you, and the winner is Dan Patrick. Yeah, I grabbed the Sports Emmy. I walked by and said, you know, thank you to everybody at the table with ESPN who was there. And I went to Clark's, which is a bar that's a couple of blocks down there. I sat there because I was like, I can't hold this trophy at that table with Chris Berman, who is responsible for ESPN. And I was like, I am gone and I'm gonna sit at the bar with my Sports Emmy by myself for I don't know how long. But and then everybody came. That was where the after party was, and then I left soon after that. Yes, Dylan, did.
Speaker 3: You throw the Emmy up on the bar like it's a beer league softball let's put some down.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: I did want to put it down by my feet, but then I thought, I if it breaks, then somebody will say, oh yeah, he didn't even care. So I did put it on the bar, and you know, the bartender, you know, said do you want me to put this behind the bar? And I said yes, but don't let me forget it. You know, yes, tom and you're just supposed to be the Charlotte observer. You're not supposed to be beating him in any kind of categories. Hey, what he did at ESPN. They should be naming a building or putting a statue up without Chris. There's no ESPN and Bob Lee and Tommy's not great respect. My first Sports Center was with Chris, but it was such an awkward moment. I also got up one time because I thought I had won, and Bob costUS won that one, so I awkwardly went on stage. I accepted bob Emmy and I remember grabbing it from Melissa Stark and I said, here, let me have that. She goes it's Bob's and I well, I was already moving towards the stage, so I thought I'd go up there and give a speech because I hadn't won in a long time, so I'm thanking people that had died. And I walked off the stage. I have that Sports Emmy here. Bob never never came back and got it. I don't think, Yeah, PAULI.
Speaker 6: That's what's funny about it.
Speaker 5: As part of a bit, Bob Costas brought US Sports Emmy up here and forgot he left it here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he said, yeah, you can have it and and I have it somewhere. He was like, probably didn't have any room left on his shelves. All right. A couple of phone calls here eight seven seven three DP show. Do we have a new poll question for hour two? Dylan, We do.
Speaker 3: We've got a few more of those ones, Toddson over earlier.
Speaker 6: Which would you rather make people do?
Speaker 3: Laugh like a stand up comedian, cheer like an athlete, sing and dance like a musician, Be physically or mentally healthier like a doctor or a therapist, Be inspired or energetic like a motivational speaker, or make people smarter like a teacher or professor.
Speaker 2: Todd What would you like to be.
Speaker 7: One day I helped to make people laugh on a regular basis. I know, I know I walked right into that. But for me, I would get most joy out of making people laugh like that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, pull Maybe someday you'll have an outlet to do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like a platform in three hours to be able to make people laugh, or.
Speaker 7: To get an opportunity to be on the grandest of stages and not bomb.
Speaker 3: At comedy clubs in New York and La Yes, Dylan, I think to I can make a decent therapist. They're most therapists. You don't really want to look under their no, because it becomes about him. It wouldn't be about your problems. Todd would say, yeah, but that reminds me, and then he would tell you about his ill.
Speaker 7: Get depressed too, And I have that whole obsessive, compulsive, that sort of thing, I just like you reminds me, I think worse than yours.
Speaker 2: I think being a musician that'd be pretty cool. Yeah, And you know when you factor in when you're a comedian, you can't tell the same jokes like two years from now. You know, David Spade famously says, hey, musicians can play the same song. Springsteen can play the same songs for decades. Now, you can play it differently, you know, Billy Joel can still play piano. Man, we didn't start the fire. Where's a comedian? It's like then you say that like two years ago, Yes, Dylan, Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Think that's actually kind of a debated thing in the comedy world because there's some there's like the Jerry Seinfeld's of the world who will play the hits even later on, and then there's like the Luis c Ks who are have a new hour regularly. But I think it's kind of it can be viewed as kind of being hack if you're just like, all right, let me pull out some of the old.
Speaker 2: Is Louis c k still don't stand them?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh yes, yeah he's back.
Speaker 3: Oh he is still hilarious.
Speaker 2: Oh I haven't seen anything. Yeah he was.
Speaker 3: He just did a big tour in Europe.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 3: Oh, and then he's gonna chill out, yes.
Speaker 2: Ton, Yeah.
Speaker 7: A lot of people be like, you know, oh, we've heard that joke.
Speaker 2: Don't you have any new material?
Speaker 7: But as you were saying, for a musicians like play that again, play they can't get enough of some of your hits.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Todd, Well Lucas and Texas, Hey Lucas, Hey.
Speaker 8: Dan, good morning, good morning, happy to meet Friday, to you and the boys. And I don't know if I've ever actually properly introduced myself to Dylan, so just glad to have you on the show and formally suck it.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 8: I have a quick question for you, Dan, and it relates to sports fandom. You know, I'm a proud Houston sports fan, which means you know, all the way down the line baseball, football, basketball, which means I'm kind of stuck as a Rockets fan and growing up in Texas watching the Spurs, It's always been fun to cheer for them. But I feel because of my you know, presupposition as a Rockets fan, I can't really fully be a fan of the Spurs. At the same time, I just feel like you can't be a genuine fan of two teams, you know. Do you guys ever feel do you guys have any basketball or football teams where it's almost like you wish you could be a fan of that team, but you were kind of trapped by your fandom that you inherited or that you had early on as a kid.
Speaker 2: I think you have to have that bias build up that you just can't root for certain teams, and you know, it's territorial. I get that, but it I was always amazed the number of fans who wanted to root for the Chicago Bulls, even if it meant at the expense of their team. Now, I'm not talking about Phoenix Suns or the Utah Jazz or Seattle SuperSonics. When they would get to the NBA Finals, But I am talking about regular season. When the Bulls would go to Atlanta, it would be a home game for the Bulls. If the Bulls, you know, pick a spot and chance of people came out to see them. And it's the only team that I truly remember where if you lost, it was okay as long as Jordan played well, you got to see him play. And I don't remember any other team except for the Harlem Globetrotters, where you tune you came out to see them win, have fun. Now granted that was scripted, but the Bulls people were you were seeing a boy band. It was that important. You were seeing something you had never seen before. You had never seen somebody like Mike before, and they were great and they were winning championships. And then you had the commercials attached to that. You've had individuals where I think people would show up to see show Heyo Tani and root for show Heyo Tani. But the Bulls were a dynasty. Now, people in Detroit weren't rooting for the Bulls, that's for sure, and Boston they weren't rooting, and La they weren't. But I was always amazed the number of people who and parents who would bring their kids out so they could see the Bulls and get Bulls gear on the road. And I don't remember another team in my lifetime covering sports where I saw that, Yes, Dyling, Yeah, my mom.
Speaker 3: Who thinks of football field is like forty yards long. She even knows like all of the nineties Bulls players, and that is so outside of her world.
Speaker 2: And I don't know if the Chiefs fell into that category, because it felt like there was a pushback of Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift. They're on all the time. Mahomes gets preferential treatment. Chris Collinsworth can't tell you how much he loves Patrick Mahomes. So there was like, okay, enough, you never had that with the Bulls. People did not tire of hearing from the Bulls about the Bulls. And then when they broke up, we were We're like, why not run it back one more year? But I can't remember. I mean, I'd have to think about it. But even Boston, you know, when the Celtics would go on the road back in the mid eighties and the eighties sixteen, like that was a true great team. When the Lakers went on the road, you're watching something that you had not seen. I don't think they were beloved. The Bulls were the Celtics and the Lakers. I think we were just fascinated. Look at that point guard, look at that center, look at those uniforms with Bird and the Celtics. There was a fascination there as well. But I just don't remember any other team being like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Paully, it's not an exact comp But when people say the LA Dodgers are bad for baseball, no, they are not. Not for ratings, not for reach with Otani, They're global. They're bad for your team's chances to win the World Series, they're not bad for the sport of baseball.
Speaker 2: And we're hearing those words cap, and then when I hear salary cap, I hear workstoppage. They tend to go hand in hand. Go back to nineteen ninety four, the strike, the last time they were bringing up salary Cap. Take a break. Talk to the CEO of the PGA Tour, Brian Rolett, got a lot of things talk to him about, and Nate Borgotzi will be in the final hour of the program. We're back after this.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 9: This is Rob Parker, and I'm here with an important public service announcement. Whatever you do, do not listen to the Paulie and Tony Fusco Show. Fox Sports Radio asked me to do a promo, but I'm here to do a no mo, as in, don't listen.
Speaker 1: To this show.
Speaker 3: No Mo.
Speaker 9: The host of two fools from Philly who have the dumbest takes ever and all of sports talk. And you know, if I'm saying that, they must really be bad. I have no idea why Fox Sports Radio picked this up, but I know where to put it down in the trash can. So please don't listen to the Paulie and Tony Fusco Show.
Speaker 6: No way, no how.
Speaker 2: It's me Friday. But Dylan wants to do a table side caesar salad. They do that those high end steakhouses. I remember the Golden Steer in Vegas, wonderful place. They just opened one in New York, but they did the table side caesar salad. And that's what you're gonna do here coming up?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Actually, and I saw a video of one of the guys at Golden Steer on Instagram where they asked him how many Caesar salads he's made in his life and he's like over ten thousand.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, also banana Foster they're famous because Sinatra always wanted banana Foster's. That was his dessert.
Speaker 3: Yes, Dylan, Yeah, we actually when we were in New Orleans for the Super Bowl, some of us went to Brennan's, to the famous restaurant there. They actually invented the bananas Foster and they do a table side, you know, flambay and everything.
Speaker 2: Is it Flambay or Flambay?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 3: Probably Flambey Okay, but I'm an American Dan, Yes. Paul Dylan brought this up the other day when we were talking steaks. If someone takes you out to dinner or the host, do you not order something more expensive than what the host orders?
Speaker 6: Out of respect?
Speaker 2: You're supposed to not order something more expensive than the host. I've been led to believe that you can't go like market price on everything that you're going to order. There. You know what, Todd, what if.
Speaker 7: The host doesn't get an appetizer but you really wanted to get salad or sup or something.
Speaker 2: Calamari, I know that you have no decorum, like you don't care. I try to do the right thing. No, you do not.
Speaker 7: Why is no one getting an advertise? I'd like to Callamari and the lobster bisk cause you can.
Speaker 3: Get both of them.
Speaker 2: Yes, do.
Speaker 3: There's nothing worse than going to eat with people you're not maybe super close with, and you're like, well, I guess I'm gonna figure out what to order after the person order first, Like you're gonna see what they get and be like, Okay, I've got a steak too, you know, like or am I getting the chicken?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 2: I usually don't take social cues from what somebody else orders are really no, no, like, well I'm using pains.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's different island.
Speaker 2: Oh, there he is. Brian Rolla is the PGA Tour CEO, joining us on the program. I apologize for our stupid discussion there. Let me start out with maybe what sounds obvious. What's the biggest hurdle facing the PGA Tour Brian.
Speaker 4: I think the biggest hurdle.
Speaker 12: Is how we take this momentum and this popularity we have.
Speaker 4: Around the sport of golf and around the PGA Tour and turn that.
Speaker 12: Into long term sustained success and stability. So a lot of the work we're doing is not only make it better for fans, both golf fans and sports fans, but also built something that has lasting power in a world that's changing all the time. That's and I don't think that's just a PGA Tour challenge. I think that's a challenge for anybody in the sports business.
Speaker 2: Quite frankly, is there anything positive that Live Tour did for the PGA Tour.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've said this.
Speaker 12: I think, you know, competition makes everybody stronger. I think, you know, there was this a bit of a narrative around that Live was in competition. It was it was competing for people's attention and time and certainly competing for players before I got here. But I've said it often, this was a little bit of golf had their AFL NFL moment, they just had it late. And is the NFL better because of the AFL NFL moment?
Speaker 4: I think so. I don't think it's the modern NFL without it.
Speaker 12: So I don't know about the ABA NBA history, but there's probably a parallel there to be drawn. So I think I think they got that right and and sort of push the PGA Tour to to get better. So yeah, I think that hads the satilllasting impact if.
Speaker 2: You look at it. I don't know if the Formula one model can work in golf where everybody is showing up, the best are showing up at each event, But how close can you get to that?
Speaker 4: I think we can get close.
Speaker 12: I think we're working hard on it, and we'll have more to say about this and in less than a month. But it's clearly what fans want. This is not a sport and we're not a tour where we're gonna put guys under contract. It's not in their DNA, it's not how it's built. And I think that's okay. But I do think we can create a competitive model where the best show up, and they show up because they want to play against the best, and that they're working towards a postseason that awards the best.
Speaker 4: So I think we get getting close.
Speaker 12: Well we have a model where every single players in every single event, I don't think so.
Speaker 4: I don't think we need that.
Speaker 12: I think we'll have a set of really compelling tournaments where almost all the top one, twenty guys show up and they're competing in a competitive model.
Speaker 4: That's a lot easier to understand than today.
Speaker 2: Talking to Brian roll Up, the PGA Tour CEO, I've said this for years, where I thought the Masters could say we're going to give you a golf ball to use when you come here to play. So and you know how many of these courses around the world that you know, distance, technology, equipment, And I don't know what input the PGA Tour has if let's say Augustus says if you come there, you've got to use our golf ball, if any power over them, well.
Speaker 12: I mean, I think you're getting to the golf ball debate, which is really a debate about distance, and even a finer point on it, it's a debate about distance off the tee.
Speaker 4: I think is what really people are talking about. And this is a.
Speaker 12: Debate I've learned since I've been here, not even quite a year, and I'm still learning. I think there's two big questions facing the golf world. One is distance a problem? And when we say the golf world, I really mean professional golf is distance the problem? Is it not good for the game? Is it ruining the game. Is it making courses obsolete or whatever you want to pick. That's open question number one, and open question number two is if it is, does impacting the golf ball solve that problem? And I think depending who you talk to in the golf world, the answer to those questions are are an open debate.
Speaker 4: I think, in one hand.
Speaker 12: You've got courses that are shorter and older, and on.
Speaker 4: The other hand, you have these athletes who keep getting better.
Speaker 12: Every every year, and and you know, that's great to see. And I think there's some people on the side of the debate who say that's not what golf should be. I think there's other people on the side of the debate who say that's exactly what golf is. And you know, you don't make it the one hundred and ten meters dash because you seeing vaults really fast, and so I think I think it's very much an open debate. I think what's really interesting dan is who have very strong feelings about it, or the guys who are doing this every day, which are the professional golfers, and they are, since I've been here, are inserting themselves in this debate a little bit stronger than I think I've seen historically, but I think is I think it's I think it's better for the golf world to have one set of rules. What makes it so great is, you know, you and I could go out here on eighteen at TPC Sawgrass and spend all day trying to replicate Cam Young's three hundred and seventy five yard t shot in the Players Championship and never do it. And you gain an appreciation for that because you're playing with the same equipment under the same condition.
Speaker 4: So I think we'll see.
Speaker 12: I think this debates far from over, but I think everyone's trying to do the right thing.
Speaker 2: We like to see things that we've never seen before. We like to be fascinated like Wemby Steph Curry. And you need personalities. I look at Mike Trout with the Angels. He was the best player in baseball, but people said, well, he has no personality. Scotti Scheffler is not Tiger Woods in personality in draw, but results might be. So I don't know how how can you, as the CEO encourage or bring out personality And how much would that move the needle?
Speaker 4: I think it, I mean, I think it could move the needle.
Speaker 12: You know, people do love sports and sports personalities in sports, whether that's the loud guy, whether that's the guy he just goes about doing his business quietly. I mean that runs the gamut in sports. I do think professional golf we can do better telling the stories. There's this, I think there's this been, this false narrative around the sport of golf that a tournament where a competition only matters if four guys are in it, and you could probably name the four guys or five guys and whatever everyone's list of similar when the reality is you look at any given professional golf tournament on the weekend, and the difference in winning or losing is a stroke or two over four days, and the competitive parody of the sport of golf is incredible.
Speaker 4: As good as Scotty is, Scotty can't win.
Speaker 12: Every week, That's how much competitive parody there is out there. I think we have to do better job telling the stories about that, and I think we have to do a better job in our telecasts, in our social media content about telling the stories and showing the personalities of these guys, because there's quite a bit and you never see it. One thing we did do when I was here about a month and a half and I called the NFL films guys and I said, hey, you know what we did for hard knocks for decades, why don't we try it at the Players Championship. Come down and Mike, these guys fall him around for four days and see what we get.
Speaker 4: And it resulted in a show called Chasing Sunday.
Speaker 12: Which is you could watch it on YouTube, but it is a hard knocks look at the Players Tournament or Players Championship and you see personalities like in a way you've never seen before. And so I think we just have to do things like that to let people know who these guys are, because they're pretty extraordinary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I was going to ask you about that, trying to bring the NFL to the PGA Tour. Yeah, how can you do that?
Speaker 4: Well, Look, the NFL is one of one, like you, don't.
Speaker 12: I mean, I think in this job, it would be a mistake to say everything we did in the NFL is going to work at the PGA Tour, or even to say that professional football professional golf are the same thing.
Speaker 4: They're not.
Speaker 12: They're different, and and that's a good thing, that's great. But I do think there are things we learned at the NFL that I was part of that. I think we can bring the professional golf. I think what we're talking about is, you know, the NFL, we obsessed about the competitive product, like how do you make it better on the field, And not only do you just think NonStop about making the game better, making the game better, honoring tradition but not being overly bound by it, but not only just do that once, but constantly do that. I mean, we change rules every year for the for the benefit of the sport, and I think that can help here. I think, so this is this commitment to innovation and just thinking like a fan and thinking about the product.
Speaker 4: I think we're gonna do more of that here.
Speaker 12: I think about how you present the sport on television and media. We obsessed about that and not only just when the game was on, but also during the week and in the off season. And that's some of the things we're talking about. And so I think, you know, some things we're talking about when we talk about the personality of the players, I think that's something we can do. But you know, we we were you know, we had a great saying at the NFL, is only the paranom we'd survive. And I think that just means you got to keep keep changing, keep innovating. And I think we're trying to bring a little to that here.
Speaker 2: Can we do something about the piped in birds sounds, Brian?
Speaker 12: Come on, honestly, I don't know a ton about the I don't even know if that's a real thing.
Speaker 2: Just listen to the Quail Hollow coverage and there was a bird that followed the leaders the entire round.
Speaker 4: Listen, you got to ask the guys in the truck about that. I don't. I don't know about it.
Speaker 2: I'm the CEO, you got power. I don't Listen.
Speaker 12: There's some things I don't understand. I don't I don't get into production truck and I don't know you know, the.
Speaker 4: Bird population in Charlotte, North Carolina. So I do have limits to what I can do.
Speaker 2: Uh the galleries, Uh issues, I know, we we have waste management, we encourage that. But issues with end gambling. Uh. You know, it's a it's a vocal everybody knows prop bets. You know, people are vocal there. People get angry too.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 12: I think this is an issue for all sports. Any sport you go to, there's a there's a fan code of conduct, right, and maybe it varies from sports to sport based on the tradition and and everything else, but golf should be no different. I mean, people, people should share and be excited, but there's going to be a line of inappropriate behavior that you know shouldn't be tolerated. And that's no difference in the football game or baseball game everybody out anywhere else. And I also think the issue of gambling and sports and integrity of the sports has been an issue, and let's let's let's.
Speaker 4: Be honest, an issue.
Speaker 12: Way before league sports, gambling was legal in this country. I mean this, this is oldest time. And so I think you just have to be really villaigent about those things and being willing to enforce it because you know, bad fan conduct or even much much worse gambling scandal is the first thing that could negatively impact sports. And so listen, I think there's always a line there, and I think, you know, sports organizations should be always prepared to enforce whatever that fan conduct is.
Speaker 2: What's your golf handicap?
Speaker 4: Not good? Well, you know I would tell you worse worse.
Speaker 12: Since I took this job, I actually play a lot less golf in this job than I did before.
Speaker 4: I actually made.
Speaker 12: This rule when I got here, is that I wouldn't play golf for work, because that's probably a pretty.
Speaker 4: Good rule anywhere you go.
Speaker 12: But in this industry, you know, everybody wants to have a meeting and they're like, let's go play golf and have a meeting. I'm like, well, why don't we just have the meeting and giving my four hours back?
Speaker 4: Because golf is.
Speaker 12: For like what I do with my boys, my my my girl on the weekend. So uh, it's it's gotten worse, but I at some point I'll come up for air and work on it a little bit.
Speaker 2: If you've played golf against Roger Goodell, who wins?
Speaker 4: Oh, I think Roger beats He's really good. He's good.
Speaker 12: I've never I've never played with him, but but he uh, he's certainly been playing longer than I have. And and he's a he's a he's a pretty good player. He's too modest, he won't brag about him.
Speaker 4: He's a good golfer.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe he's taken those meetings on the golf course.
Speaker 4: No that that he does it, I you know he doesn't.
Speaker 12: I worked with Roger long enough to know you know he works hard, uh, and so I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't think he spends a lot of time on the golf course.
Speaker 2: Great to catch up with you, Brian. Good luck in the job. Thanks for joining us.
Speaker 4: All right, Dan, great to see you.
Speaker 2: Thanks for having me, Brian, roll up, PJ tour CEO. How about we take a break. Who had the best week in sports? More of your phone calls coming up right after this.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 2: It's Meet Friday and our grills are fired up outside Howard by Rectech wood fired Grills. Learn more at R E C T e Q dot com. Who had the best week in sports? Todd, let me start with you.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna give it to the Las Vegas Your in Las Vegas, Vegas sweeping the abs the President Cup champions That is quite impressive and deserves that the conolgement.
Speaker 3: Okay, Dylan, h My best week in sports is everyone not named Jonnick Center at the French Open the Road to the Championship. It's got a lot easier yes to say, as he lost in catastrophic fashion.
Speaker 2: And Alcarez is in playing and he could have completed the career Grand Slam. I believe yep. Oh boy, Marvin.
Speaker 7: The New York Knicks winning on Monday, Mollywopping the Cleveland Cavaliers sweeping him in four games, and they've had the entire week off to get ready for the finals.
Speaker 5: Paul, I'm gonna go with Shrey Park, fourteen year old from California who won the scripts National Spelling Bee last night. He won in a ninety second spell off tiebreaker, which I had never seen before.
Speaker 2: Was this like a shootout?
Speaker 6: Exactly? It was a shootout at the end.
Speaker 2: Are you allowed to ask for origin?
Speaker 5: No, it's word spell, word spell and as a clock so he spelled, spelt or spelled. He spelled thirty two words in ninety seconds. Oh boy, I can't spell thirty two words in an hour.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's impressive. But they know the words that you're going there's probably five hundred words and they study those words. Remember when we had Samir Patel who won the Spelling Bee contest a legend, Yeah, like fifteen years ago, twenty years ago, And I said, spell Shrzhevski, A J. Perzinski like. He couldn't spell those. Now, I know those are names, but you know we were asking if you how well can you spell like Chris fuamatu ma foua. He couldn't even come close. Yes.
Speaker 5: According to the Script's National Spelling Bee, the official study guide that all competitors get at all levels the words of champions. It's called four thousand words you have to look through.
Speaker 2: So I was off by a few a couple. Yeah, uh Levi and utah, Hi Levi? What's on your mind today?
Speaker 11: Ay?
Speaker 4: DC? Second time?
Speaker 6: Long time?
Speaker 10: I'm just curious what you and the guys have.
Speaker 4: Is your biggest pet peeve from callers?
Speaker 2: I would say when you go on too long, and I equate it to giving a best man speech. You think what you're saying is really interesting. When just get to the point that's less is always better. I've never been at a wedding where I go, man, that best man's speech was short? Yes, tom He.
Speaker 6: When they ask you how's it going today?
Speaker 2: How you doing well? That's why we would always say, you don't have to ask me. I'm doing great, I'm doing this, Uh Phil? And Iowa, Hi Phil? What do you have for me one thirty two?
Speaker 11: Uh, regarding the poll question, I think comedy. The instant gratifude, gratific gratification that comes comes with it is really hard to be but like as a parent, teaching, like just the fulfillment that comes with that is way way better than comedy. But I also wanted to thank you guys. Being on the show a few times has helped with with my fear of public speaking. Uh so much so that I was able to knock out an open mic in Des Moines and the transitioning wasn't quite there. But as I was walking off the stage, I got a few crickets, but I was thinking, like, yeah, surely, like Todd Fritz can't feel like this five.
Speaker 4: Days a week, righty?
Speaker 2: But he does. Congratulations on that film. I have problems with public speaking, believe it or not. I don't know what it is. I don't know if speaking into a microphone, but for it's weird. It's weird. And my wife keeps bringing this up about my speech at my daughter's wedding reception. She goes, you speak to millions of people, I said, but I don't know them. This is my daughter. It's different. Uh, Dustin in Alabama, High Dustin, Dan.
Speaker 10: Fellas question for you. We live in a beach down down here got Fores, Alabama, so we always hot tail it on big holiday weekends. Last weekend Friday, we had about four hours north to the lake and my sixteen year old son, they just started driving in Anuary.
Speaker 2: I drove us.
Speaker 10: That was probably the most nerve wracking trip I've ever taken with my you know, five month nearly licensed driver. Did you guys have any experiences like that with your kids When I first started driving on a long trip.
Speaker 2: Oh, I didn't let them drive on a long trip, but going out with them and uh, usually going to a parking lot at the mall or a school and you want to there's no break on your side, but you push down anyway. But you know there there's it's sensory overload with kids now, like they're they're so used to uh music, check your phone, they're talking to somebody, and you really have to get tunnel vision with them. And that that was the biggest challenge is just focus on that, nothing else, just that. And I remember we took out I mean I'd have cones there. I mean we if cones were spectator. My daughter was a mass murderer because we were banging into everything there, and I say, it's okay, these are cones. It's the other things that you know when they're buildings and other cars. That's what you have to worry about. Final hour on the way on this meet Friday, Nate Borgatsi set to join us. Fritzy promises let us down a couple of days ago, he'll be here. More of your phone calls as well, and a big reveal with our meat Friday Fritzy, Dylan, Marv Paula yours truly final hour right after this