Speaker 1: Lady Jell, Welcome to another episode of Busting with the Boys, having an outstanding podcast for you. But before we get into that, let's talk about the best vehicle to ever put rubber on the road, the Chevy Silverado, the most durable, reliable vehicle on the road. Silverado is strong and dependable, as as strong and dependable as the people who drive them. Chevy Silverado modern and advance with a ton of grit, a partner and getting things done, especially when it comes to the heart and soul of a pickup truck the bed. With Silverado, you get the most functional bet off any competitor, best in class, standard cargo volume. The inner gate folds to a large step up for easily getting in and out.
Speaker 2: Of the bed.
Speaker 1: Available, industry available, industry first power Wait I did this last time, right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Available industry. People know that this is the this is the available industry But why would it? Why would I say industry first, availably available, industry first, power up, dash up, dash down tailgate. So you want to write it, I'm gonna read it, right, I got that.
Speaker 2: But we're we're trying to let people know that this is the industry first, power up, down tailgate.
Speaker 1: And they also need to tell them about the available multi flex tailgate that we've been telling you about with six convenient configurations. All this makes the bet of the Silverado work harder and smarter. Silverado Strong, advanced, dependable, and hard working. A lot of adversity through that ad read not a lot, just the kind of a little right in the middle and uh gonna be it got rattles me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's all good. It happens the people put a few dashes in there. It can it can shake it up a little bit. It ruffles the feathers.
Speaker 1: I am not a punctuation guy. I don't know what the fuck a dash even is for, right.
Speaker 2: So when you randomly throw it in there, it kind of like throws. Yeah, my brain goes, why is it here? Yea, what are we doing?
Speaker 1: But also shout out a Freeland Chevrolet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because if you're in the greater Nashville area, go check out the voice of Freeland Chevrolet. Yeah, we'll hook it up Astra Cameron, Mike Dirty Mic and the boys. Just tell them that the boys sents you. I think they're gonna hook up with something nice and I think you're gonna like it.
Speaker 1: You're gonna like it quite a bit, dude. It's a beautiful thing. The Silverado is really everything. Yeah, not just a Sivada, but that's suburban. I got a suburban recently. Yeah, let me tell you the ultimate family vehicle. Do you love it? I, dude, I absolutely love it. I loved it so much. I told my wife, I said, hey, I might get the tahoe and trade in, and she goes she kind of got like sad. She's like, well, I always kind of like the fact you're a truck guy, Like, yeah, you're right, one hundred percent. So it's kind of a weird thing. Like I see this thing I'm not really allowed to have in the distance, and I'm liking what I'm saying. So you got the suburban. The suburban. So were you one of those.
Speaker 2: Guys like back in the day, like when you saw your boys and their family had like a suburban, You're.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, man, this one they have. I thought in myself they had their shit together, right, Yes, yes, I agree with you. Also, I had a boy in high school, like we were talking about coming back from Barstool HQ, which we'll get into about. I had a boy who had the Chevy Tahoe with the subs in the back and that shit fucking bumped dude playing Mike Jones playing Tea Pain all that.
Speaker 2: Shit dude, we were rocking that.
Speaker 1: We were rocking that last night, right at eight o'clock. JP was karaoke in it. JP trying to get on the micro car T paint.
Speaker 2: Let's hear something? Oh hey us, so here's for something real quick.
Speaker 1: Which one you want? Which T Pain song?
Speaker 2: By you drink?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, this is.
Speaker 3: What's Uh? Can I have a little instrumental? Let's go turn my mic up? I got no snare, I got no my miphones?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Is this have lyrics or now? Yeah?
Speaker 1: How does it start to snap your fingers?
Speaker 5: Do your staf You can do it all by yourself. Bab be girl, what's your name? Let me talk to you, Let me by you a drink. I'm juice box. Whoa, whoa, what's the I know?
Speaker 1: But what's the instrumental doing?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 1: Box man? Yeah, I'm juice box.
Speaker 2: Help me out.
Speaker 1: I'm I think the answer. I think we're doing phenomenal, But the instrumental messed us up. It wasn't your fault, it was the instrumental's fault. Thank you, thank you absolutely.
Speaker 2: Oh dude.
Speaker 1: Uh. A lot of cool shit happened this week. A lot of dope stuff happened. We are obviously on our second week of eight weeks doing we wait, you got it. Yep, we're on our second week of eight weeks. This is our third week of eight weeks. But last week we had a two fur We had an outstanding podcast with KFC and I know the reviews are ran on the YouTube. Yeah, a lot of people are upset about that slight show. A lot of people we knew.
Speaker 2: We knew.
Speaker 1: Man, that's adversity, and we deal with that. Those are people who just watch on the YouTube, which we love.
Speaker 2: Those guys, we love them, But it doesn't seem like they're following on social media or they're listening on Apple or Spotify, because if they had, they would have known that was coming.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I mean. And if you're sitting there listening to this right now and you're going me, yeah, probably if.
Speaker 2: You're somebody and you're like, I'm just subscribed to the YouTube, which we fucking love. We love that. We numbers are booming on the YouTube because if you guys, but you got to understand that things happen, and we post those things on Twitter, we post them on Instagram, we post them on our social media's. And also if you if you're a legitimate Tier one, you're subscribe to the Boys on Apple and or Spotify in the morning, so you're hearing this stuff before it gets to your face, before it gets to your eyes in.
Speaker 1: The afternoon when you watch on YouTube.
Speaker 2: So if you're just a subscriber on YouTube, we do apologize, but you should have known it was coming, and.
Speaker 1: You don't have to leave a nasty comment. Right, that was a nasty comment that it wasn't nice coming, but sometimes it's just happen. Comments in general is nice. Giving feedback is good, but the boys like it. We're always trying to get better. We're always trying to do it. And if you're wondering how can I keep up with this stuff? You can follow Bust Them with the Boys on Twitter or Instagram. It's at bustin WTB, or if you like the boys, you can follow Will Underscore, w Compton, Underscore, Will comp Underscore, Will Compton and then mine is Taylor Lawan seventy seven on Twitter, and I believe it's just Tail Lawan on Instagram. I'm really not one hundred percent positive, but it was a big week last week. We went to HQ. We went to HQ. I got a little shiner on me right now. You wrestled KB, who I mean was trying. We were on the Yak. We did several podcasts. We did part of My Take, we did the Yak, we did Son of a Boy Dad, and we did KFC. But when we were on the Yak, KB was there. It's a line of guys. I really didn't know what to think at first.
Speaker 2: I was kind of nervous.
Speaker 1: Lots of dudes, a little bit of a It was an energy dynamic that we had to insert ourselves into, not knowing really how to be right, KB, he sees you from across the room. He starts talking about wrestling, and then Big Kat, being the instigator he is, goes, well, wrestle him, and he goes He starts asking, yo, you do this, you do that, and he's trying to get a feel for you. He's not giving you any information about himself, right, knowing good and well that he knows how to wrestle. D one knows d one wrestling, no clue had no clue at the time, so he tried to hustle your asking. Well, wy don't you tell us what happened?
Speaker 2: So, like Taylor said, he was kind of baiting me a little bit of an answering questions. I'm like, oh, yeah, I know Jordan Burros. I beat him in mad In twenty ten, like a while back. And Big Cat on the side the whole time. I'm like talking to KB and Beatcat. Big Cat is on the side the whole time, instigating us, don kinging us to get out there and wrestle. I'm thinking, like we're on the yak and stuff. Dude, the boys like to mix it up like some nick just got a swirlly a week before that. So I'm thinking, like I can get up and do something. So I'm looking at KB. I'm like, like, let's just tie up or do like do like a headlock or something, and just like get Big Cat to just give Big.
Speaker 1: Cat right scratch his itch. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So we go out there and I take the middle of the floor and I kind of do it like a wrestler, like having fun or whatever. And he comes out there, He's like, how about you, how about you taking it? Try and take me down, and I'll just try and defend myself. Because he was just saying he's all defense. I'm like, oh, you seem like an ankle picker. You seem like a high crotch kind of guy. He's like, no, I'm all defense. I'm like, do you ride legs? He's like, no, I don't. I don't know how to do any of that stuff. All fun words, right, all fun words. He's setting me up and I'm like, oh, let's just go out there. So we get out there. He's like, you're trying to take me down. I'm like, let's just tie up. Let's let's do what I was saying. And so we shake hands, tie up a little bit, and he's just dangling his leg. He's baiting his leg, and I hear the crowd on the side, mostly big At There's like, hey, will don't do it to him, don't do it to him.
Speaker 1: Will best time in the game.
Speaker 2: By the way, we'll get we'll get into that, but uh, you hear big kl like you hear stuff going on. And I'm tied up and he's kind of trying to fight some risk control and he's dangling his leg in front of me, and I'm thinking to myself, like, yo, is he trying to like is he trying to like bait me into something, because that's what a good wrestler would do, just like give me. It's like like he's way smaller than me, and he's like giving me his leg and I'll.
Speaker 1: Giving you because you keep puating your leg. He's like standing up right and he's like baiting me his leg. He's like, you take a shout of the mouth.
Speaker 2: He wanted me to drop down the shirtros like so he can sprawl and make me look dumb.
Speaker 1: Oh you knew that. Yeah, oh you're playing chess.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm thinking about him, like why is he bating this? Like he's way smaller. So he kept putting in front me, and that's why I went for that front trip to try and get him down because I'm not trying to stay up and just use my strength. And once he regained his balance and then we started kind of like toussing.
Speaker 1: A little bit, yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I have you hear, and he started to really fight for my wrisk control.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, he's a legit fucking wrestler, Like he's trying to like get me right now, Like because like I was saying it in college, like I would take my boys. My brother was a wrestler, awesome stud wrestler Nebraska.
Speaker 1: We would uh, I don't know why we hang on positive paus it for me.
Speaker 2: And when the groups would get together, the wrestlers are obviously undersized by the football players, and wrestlers would try and instia get the the football players. So we would circle around in the front yard. So football players are trying and wrestle like a smaller. Football guys are trying to wrestle a smaller. This happens at every single university by right, because Taydler was on talking about how he don't blame Gebett that one time at a party. Yeah, because football players always want to like take their chances to small and you just kind of know sitting back, like you never want to fuck with wrestlers because they'll get you. Like they're good, bro, no matter how small they are, Like they understand leverage, they got weird grip strength. They can always deadlift a lot even though they can't like squad or bench press very much because their grip is so strong. And so we're in there tussling. I'm like, Oh, he's fucking good, and I start feeling tired. I'm like, I have to make my move or he is gonna be me.
Speaker 1: Really, because I hear you in the background like we'll get it. You guys are going back and forth, going for him. In my head, I'm like, oh, it's over. I like, I'm so highed up because I've seen what you've done to me. You know what I'm saying. I was that dumb football player and you were the wrestler, and I'll just beat this bitious ass right now. Strengthen right and you like shimming up a pole, dude. It was insane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And he's like you feel him going and You're like, I gotta make a move because he tried at one point in time getting me with an over under. We'll walk through the table, try to get me, keep it on me, try and hit me or dump me. And so I'm like sinking my hiss back like I'm way too big for him, and he obviously like underestimated the boys shrink a little bit and a little bit of a wrestling background.
Speaker 1: I don't think we were drinking. We didn't have any drinks at this point.
Speaker 2: That's when I snapped him on win got got a nice little I guess she can call a double leg.
Speaker 1: I say, you're much bigger than him on this, much bigger.
Speaker 2: But he knows what he's doing. Look at the look at the motherfucker. But I don't know that because I don't know wrestling.
Speaker 6: That's right.
Speaker 2: When I threw my head backwards, I go, oh, hey, are you good wrestling? He's like, just just try and take my leg, and I'm like, fuck, I say, this is him.
Speaker 1: Daily was like at you right, yeah, he's like putting it in front of me. He's like, go ahead, try and take my leg.
Speaker 2: Oh he's talking to you.
Speaker 1: That's why you hit him with that, which if you would have dump him there, you would have fucked that TV up so bad. So this is when you know this is real.
Speaker 2: When I snapped him, I'm like, let him see if he's like, he's just gonna come back. And then he gets back in the there for hand position. Oh he's fucking good.
Speaker 1: Oh oh oh so you right there right there?
Speaker 2: He has that over on me. He tries he's trying to get his right arm fly under my shoulder to try and hit me and flip me. God, you're as a phenomenon those Shore thirty base.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a dirty base. You're you are a very sturdy man. Just dudes being Dude's wrestling a road, no doubt about it. So right now I'm hype. I think, oh Will's toying with this bitch. I'm having no idea. I'm eating a little gas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have no idea.
Speaker 1: And the big dump, the big dump, I get out. I'm so excited in what's more impressive? What's more impressive about you being so gassed? When you stood up, you hit the handshake, You're stoked and I couldn't tell it all your gas until you started making out the mic. We'll sit down. I have the headphones on. He's like, my bro, like, just move it away from your face. You can put it on microphone. Before that had been hilarious. If you actually stepped out, oh buddy, And then LA didn't say nothing the rest of the show. He was so up, dude, he was genuinely hurt. And now that brings that makes me think, and I don't know, wrestling, if Will being just a football player can come in as as wrestling even a real sport, if Will can just dominate, if you can just walk in. If I can just walk it in now, if he dumped you and put you in some sort of pretzel something that looks relatively cool, I'd be like, oh shit, wrestling is a real sport. But right now, because of what I've witnessed with my own eyeballs, Plaker can walk anywhere and be like, point out a wrestler. I think I can win an Olympic gold right now, I don't have I don't think there's a question about it after watching what you did to that poor Yeah, and I think I say sad because I'm just trying to get some I know Boo's boiling as Kaby's watching this. Yeah, I'm a ba say trigger words guy. But I think building it. Yeah, I'm building it. And I think I don't think wrestling is a real sport just based on what my last experience.
Speaker 2: Just by saying that I understand what you're sea, I think he really let the wrestling community down. That's why he was so quiet, because all he's saying about is damn all my boys.
Speaker 1: It's a big missed opportunity for the wrestling culture.
Speaker 2: And you didn't anytime you get a shot to dump a football player like you're like kind of fist bumping, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Oh, the boys like hey, yeah, you're like, oh, we showed those motherfuckers like they really thought. Yeah, because you were saying about in the Yact that there's no the wrestlers, and this is true. Don't care if there's really women at their party. There's shirtless headbands on. They're just kind of ready to if you want to wrap the game. You're like, oh, le's set up the wrestlers.
Speaker 2: You know, they're hanging out and they're probably like thirty beers deep with a bandan on, shirtless, parting shoulders, shoulders, playing ping pong and getting like physical with each other. Yeah, Like they'll get hype and they'll like get hype. How mean you chest bump? Did our handshake? But then they'll just start kind of tussling, you know what I mean. Yeah, Like they're just some good old boys.
Speaker 1: Makes you think like, is it not really a sporters or's kind of like a boys club kind of thing, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It's like a are they kind of into that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And then you take them to the bar and you're low key a little on edge the whole time, because all it takes is one side comment at a wrestler.
Speaker 1: Really, for whatever reason, they want to fight the entire place. And this is not a shot at Cody. This is an observation. I feel like Cody's very much when those guys you take to the bar and you're like, he's really one comics away from just dropping somebody eye on him.
Speaker 2: Yea, yeah, you gotta keep an eye on Cody's like, hey, are they looking at you? Kind of weird?
Speaker 1: You're thinking like, hey, yeah, yeah, E do nothing. Hey, you know what I'm saying. But it wasn't just the first time you made a waves. About fifteen twenty minutes later, after you caught your breath, well, you.
Speaker 2: Guys put me on spot. I was not like I wasn't trying to show off. Yeah, I was like, all right, I did the rest.
Speaker 1: Of I know. Well, I don't know if it was me or Bakehead that brought it up first, but you chugging a beer, lights out, dude, And I'm sure they're gonna play the video for you guys now, don't fucking blink, because I've never seen a man choke a beer. Like we'll comp the joke's a beer. Big Cat knew about it, and I knew. I think we were the only two that really knew. Yeah, And like you said, my one of my favorite things to do, obviously is to watch you control alt delete. You know what I'm saying. I feel it's one of my favorite things to watch your do. It's like one of those things.
Speaker 2: And then like the video gets posted and there's a lot of fucking there's a lot of tough guys in the comments talking about like, oh are we timing with the calendar? And shit, it's just I don't know. It's easy to buy a ticket, easy to throw.
Speaker 1: In the arena, Yeah, in the arena. You don't fucking worry about those kind of guys. The thing that was so impressive to me is halfway through the fastest shoke I've ever seen, you started showboating like, now, only were you going so fast? You put that index up. When you put the index out and said like, that's a that's basically like walking up to the plate in baseball and pointing to the back fence, right, that's as you did, and you fucking hit a grand slam and it was a bottle.
Speaker 2: Like everybody's like oh, like I could do this, and they're like chugging beer canes and stuff. It's like, yeah, you can poke holes and beer canes, you can do everything else. That was an ice cold bottle. All the holes that big, right.
Speaker 1: I've never seen in my life someone to lead a beer so fast, and if everybody wants that, you can fucking get it. I love that, dude. It was incredible. Shortly after the act, well before were the act, we went on PMT and we got to kind of talk about that a little bit because it's gonna be a phenomenal episode.
Speaker 2: You guys are gonna love it.
Speaker 1: If you haven't heard, I've retired from football according because Will did an episode. Yeah, Will, because you know, Will's key in the Dream Alive. But I had to retire because Will wouldn't. But don't get it twisted, dude, that we walked into a hornets nest. It wasn't. It wasn't all sunshines of rainbows. When we walked in to h Q itself, the big arena, bake Cat was there giving hugs and handshakes. All the boys was also doing that. Yeah, PFT was also doing that down at the little coffee shop down there.
Speaker 2: Too.
Speaker 1: We nice guy and he fucking bamboozled us several times and try to split us apart. Yeah, we walked into there and I fucked up.
Speaker 2: How'd you funk up? You know how I fucked up?
Speaker 1: You're talking about?
Speaker 2: I said I don't want to come at you guys.
Speaker 1: That's where that's where it heard.
Speaker 2: If you just said, oh, this is smaller than I was picturing it, like, I think that they would have just went with it, like, you know.
Speaker 1: Like yeah or agreed or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what you threw in the part like hey, this is this is a little bit smaller, like I'm not trying to come at you guys.
Speaker 1: I think that's the moment to where it's like, you know what am I supposed to do? Because I know those guys are kind of ready because you know what they are. They feel a little heap ber than down their neck right now. They no, bust on.
Speaker 2: It's not a competition.
Speaker 1: It's not a competition. Worker, it's not a competition. Colleague numbers blasting through the stretosphere right now, we're going up. We're moving baby twenty four. Gras you heard him. They gave us our flowers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but there were times that they were fluffing us up just to kind of divide.
Speaker 1: Us and split us apart. Well, yeah, so we we start to show. Big Cat collaps and he basically gives Will Compton the floor to retire without having any preconceived conversation or anything like that with Will Compton, and puts Will in a position. You can see he's kind of doing the smiler's like you're ten baby, like he does. You didn't really you didn't have your footing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm thinking to myself like I told you too, Like I felt that like, oh, you're trying to get if I was to retire, you're trying to get me to say it on your platform and not ours.
Speaker 1: Yeah, type of thing.
Speaker 2: And we have this yeah, like we we have the bous like we got something to do it on and then we'll have as a uh.
Speaker 1: But then they all retire and then I'm like, well, I guess I should have just fucking well I was starting. I was trying to diffuse because I already fucked up. You know what I'm saying. I was, I was backpeddling myself. Oh you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: With that, then Will has a pretty good at best dialogue about how in and Out Burger is not great? Five guys? Are you k blet back there?
Speaker 2: Buss? Okay, so I.
Speaker 1: Thought you were away going to hear something a good not great dialogue about in and out Burger five guys or how Burger is not great? It's a show, it's a.
Speaker 2: Novel in there, and I knew PFT was trying to say Will absolutely hates in and Out And it's like, if you actually listen to the episode, it doesn't come across.
Speaker 1: Burck Crusher right right with Burt Krausher. It was a great episode.
Speaker 2: Uh, he's trying to place me in a box of like really putting me all the way against the in and out fans. Now I think I've I've done I've kind of done that for myself. But him just saying like Will clearly and obviously hates in and out, I think was also kind of a driving way.
Speaker 1: Which is one oh one of getting people interesting thing as saying the trigger words right right by saying what I said about KB, Well, I'm doing the same thing, right, Do I mean it?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: But he's just trying to get your feathers roight. Yeah, it divided us for a second, but that's not what hurt me the most. Here's to hurt me the most. They fucking asked, what's your opinion? And then bake Cat starts talking over me as I started giving my opinion. So I go up, that's fine all, I guess, I want to talk on your show. This is your guys, to show you guys do whatever you want and kind of go into one of those deals. Then things calm down and PFT goes, no, that I really want to hear. I really want to hear what you have to say, and I think to myself, Wow, in Olive Branch, I feel for.
Speaker 2: It to I go PFD is genuinely wanting to actually yeah opinion, which actually hurt us more because I thought you were in on it. No, I go, all I say, is here's the thing about in and out. Before I can finish that part of the sentence, PFT goes I don't care.
Speaker 1: And continue to show aptly different direction. And now I'm fucking struggling to swim right now, dude, I'm a I'm a decent swimmer, I'm Michael Phelps, but I'm treading water. Hit the yeah, dude, So they got me twice on it too, which is like, hey, stupid, how do you fall for it twice? Yeah? It was. It was only want shame on you for me twice.
Speaker 2: Shame on You're not gonna fill me twice?
Speaker 1: Is that bush? Yeah? But they folds you twice, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's the Bush's coming. I thought you were doing the but I'm.
Speaker 1: Saying it isn't it. Uh, fool me once, shame on you. Listen, we're not historians. For me twice, shame on me. Isn't that the same?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Three times on the peace side.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what is it?
Speaker 1: Load the chopper, Let it rain on you. Load the chopper, Let it rain on you. A pretty hardcore from step two to three. Yeah, just for fooling somebody.
Speaker 2: That's your uh, that's your daily stoic right there. Only want shame on you for me twice. Shame on me, beautiful.
Speaker 1: Oh So I think towards I think towards the end of that show went all right, it went okay. It was hostile for sure, and you gotta find we had to find a way to really bridge the gap because I think big cats and the whole time stares at you with that note pad in a pen, Like, what's twenty twenty two? What are you doing with a ballpoint and fucking a pad of paper? You know what I'm saying. You can't fully hit on that kind of games. He's just not in the text savvy, like in text every day. We all text every day, right.
Speaker 2: But I'm saying like he comes in with a notepad and paper, like maybe he took notes for the show, like when I do notes for football.
Speaker 1: I'm like a pin and paper type of guy. I'm not an iPad guy. And I loved Billy's energy because in the beginning, when Billy first came on, we're talking about beating the shit of one of our guys where we instigated it is no one's fault. It's definitely not ours, but it's no one's fault and go in there and he's all smiles and giggles and he's super happy, and I'm thinking, oh, this guy is kind of great. When we get into the show and PFT shits on him a couple times, and I'm the type of dude it's like, oh, we just get the shit on this guy, and so I'm thinking about should I shot on him? You know what I'm saying. You know, I saw a little blood in the water. I was like, Oh, we're just gonna shot on Billy. Now we didn't. We didn't, but Billy had a good question at the end. Here's my theory.
Speaker 2: I think Derrick Henry's long legs can hurt him. And sure you are is what do you guys think? It's just like yeah, I mean he's got long fucking legs, like he's not Nick Chubb.
Speaker 1: Right, So you guys, here's what you gotta do. You if you uh, this episode's gonna come up before after the episode.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure we have no clue, but after if you've probably after probably if you heard. If you hear this before you hear part of my take, you don't need to listen to it.
Speaker 1: You've already heard it all. We've told you everything, right, you don't. You don't have to if you're.
Speaker 2: Listening from listening to us on part of my take, please take a moment subscribe to the Boys Apple Spotify.
Speaker 1: Right. We'd love to have you and we're excited if you have heard this. It'd be great if under all their social media's of them tagging anything has to do with us, just go ahead and put heard it and tag me and will Yeah. That way, we know that you've heard it before, right already. If you heard it already, then it doesn't matter, right, heard it? Yeah, I like that move.
Speaker 2: If you're when you as you hear this, like go on Twitter and just anything that they're saying, whether that involves the episode or not.
Speaker 8: But heard it, heard it already, heard it with the boys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, But anyway, so it's not a competition. Then we go on KFC and that definitely is not a competition. We pick up that episode right where we left off talking about Harry Potter. It was an hour of giggles. They're a good time, dude, They're a great time. Fidelberg has a weird obsession with this porn star.
Speaker 2: Named Christy Mack. I looked her up.
Speaker 1: I accidentally pressed on the link and it was just two dicks in her face coming on her right away and the music, and it threw me off.
Speaker 2: It's not fair for everybody that watched that and everything else to make a preconceived notion like, don't judge anybody by one of their lowest moments. No, not judging her, I'm judging myself. That's what I'm saying. Them judging you. Oh yeah, don't judge me, like you clicking on the link and for a couple of seconds like yeah you got uncomfortable. Yeah you were like, hey, I get you know, I'll tell you what. I'll tell you what.
Speaker 1: I did notice though, in those few seconds I was watching, she's very passionate about her craft. You can tell she's very passionate about what you see. Who are great. Oh efforts not an issue with her, you know what I'm saying, So good for her. But also when I had it on, I'm like sitting there like, yo, this is being films right now. You're just staring on the phone of this girl getting pounded, and you kind of feel like I'm a father of two kids.
Speaker 9: You know what I'm saying, I'm doing. Yeah, it was like, oh my god, what am I doing right now? Anyway, then we went to Son of a Boy Dad and that was great. Son of a Boy That was a good time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because Ron and little SaaS which little Sass is the goat. Come on though, he's a goat. But don't sleep on Rone either, Oh.
Speaker 2: Roan super talented by I think it's very understood Sas is just he's a twenty one year old.
Speaker 1: He's a twenty one year old cat up and comer. Yeah, like Roan.
Speaker 2: Has been in the game, Like he's he's cut from that cloth of barstool. It really is a barstool. He's build barstool. Yeah, definitely shouts to Ron. Dude, he's a he's a he's a monster.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he's one of those dudes that he doesn't take a complement well, which makes you like him even more. Yeah, you know what I'm saying, because you're you're the best, you'd be like, I know, He's like, okay, but you said you're the best, and he's like, tweet guys, stop doing that please, right, you know.
Speaker 2: You know he's like a freestyler, like he can he can rap battle He's like, yeah, he's.
Speaker 1: A battle rap. Why anybody tell me this before we like we're back from New York. Why didn't we tell us before we were there?
Speaker 2: You know, I don't acknowledge. I thought, yeah, I thought it was like an I thought it was like a known thing. He is like a he's like a good battle rapper. It's a white boy that you're like, you can constantly throw in there and you're like, yeah, he'll he'll do just fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because he's witty. If you could tell he's witty, he keeps conversations going. But anyway, I love that. Shout out the boy son of a boy Dad. Go check out our episodes.
Speaker 2: We got our episodes, Son of a Boy Dad, KFC Radio, pardon my take.
Speaker 1: And then obviously the yack I don't.
Speaker 2: Know describe to the yak.
Speaker 1: There's gettingto one hundred thousand, and then we're gonna do a.
Speaker 2: Case race, case race. You gotta go do a case race with them. Maybe go up for a couple of the best person to do a case race with. And I know I got footage out there, and I know it's pretty it's a pretty good looking.
Speaker 1: At me, Like with me, you're you're legit, Like Michael Jordan's saying to me, he must to be a pretty good teamate, Like I already know I got the best. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. And we've seen the Catfish videos, Like I think it is an elite team. I think it's like, what is it? What's the due? What's that? Like a magic bird?
Speaker 2: They're not a duo. They were rivals. The biggest rivals. But yeah, like a waiting lebron I do. But here's the deal.
Speaker 1: When you look at my film, it's like guy's messy spills beer.
Speaker 2: That's private. Yeah, so you know what, no pause, I will say that I cannot wait to guzzle beers with you against the boys being honored.
Speaker 1: It'll be an honor. It's gonna get wet, it's gonna get messy.
Speaker 2: And I'm gonna throw up everywhere every time I drink, I throw up. It feels like it will be a good time.
Speaker 1: But is there any more house? Key? Onais you like to touch on before we hit a shout? Enough for shut of the week? New merch is out, o merch we're wearing. Come sit right here real quick and just just be our model for a second, because these boys are almost out JP. I think you're you have one on two. You're up next the.
Speaker 2: That thing's a hit.
Speaker 1: I'm rocking the white ones. You got the uh busted hat?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What color is this?
Speaker 2: Manila?
Speaker 1: Khaki?
Speaker 2: The khaki color hats. I love the trucker hats. We got some vintage looking flat bill. What are those ones? A little snap back? They're kind of like a vintage field.
Speaker 1: Nice and we're gonna keep telling him with heat heat, heat, dude, this we got a matter of fact, we're putting pictures right here on the on the fucking screen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, boss, you got it right? All right? Cool?
Speaker 1: Should we get to we should get the shout out no Shadow of the week. Love it.
Speaker 2: Here we go yet again.
Speaker 1: We are back and we're doing it.
Speaker 2: We'll get to the shout out no for shotow of the week. And then have we even talked about Mike being on the No, but we can hit that right after. Okay, but it kind of speaks for himself.
Speaker 1: Actually, since you since we've stopped it, because we just stopped it right there, let's go and hit Mike being on the pod.
Speaker 2: I think it'd be hilarious for you to just go back into what you're wanting to do. And I rudely interrupted you, knowing that it could be done later.
Speaker 1: I think this is all staying no matter what, you might as well just.
Speaker 2: Talk about Mike now. So we have Mike Chandler on the bus, future lightweight champion in the UFC.
Speaker 1: Mike Chandler came on the bus, put the front kick of death dude on people. He fucking murdered Tony Ferguson, and I hope to God he's safe. I hope to God he's all right, and I hope he has a safe recovery. But I don't know if it's possible. But so, what he just put on that man, it was unbelievable. We asked the important questions, he asked the important questions. Let's not go in to too much detail about it. It's unreal. Yeah, he talks about how he's gotten better.
Speaker 2: On the mic.
Speaker 1: Will we will Will came on him. He's working the mic. We asked him about this, Yeah, this, so we talked about where he was at before this fight, how he was feeling about his career. What else we ask he wants to fight? Does he want the bag or is he trying to be the UFC champion?
Speaker 2: There?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was a great love. How vague this is love?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And then we asked him about like we check him a little bit on his mic skills, but how he he performed very well this last but how he he he uh help me, Yeah, you got it. I mean it's gonna say how he wasn't the best working the mica.
Speaker 1: We called him on it. We I you yeah, right, a little bit on it.
Speaker 2: I was there with you.
Speaker 1: Diagree here he did phenomenal.
Speaker 2: But before that last Mike worked that, he did Mike talk whatever we call it, whatever the people call it.
Speaker 1: I think that was one area he really needed to get better at and I think he did. And I think you guys are you're gonna love the episode. In all the backflips like wall fucking the dude playing dead on the ground, I think it was like maybe one too many, one too many? What beck for this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we get into it.
Speaker 1: We don't want to spoil the episode. Yeah, yeah, we don't listen, but let me can't I say something else? Yeah, it's time for our favorite segment of the weak boys. It's time for tear talk.
Speaker 2: So no, I don't know if we shot.
Speaker 1: Out of the week and it is time, ladies and gentlemen. Every week we sit in our seats, we look at our phones so we can make sure what.
Speaker 2: Are we gonna do today?
Speaker 1: What are we gonna shout out? What's that little thing we're gonna do that makes everybody's heart go? Yeah, that is what we're gonna That is what I like to do, That is what I love. How are we gonna get into your hearts today and we're gonna find out first. Last week was a toughie. Last week was a hard one for him. But that man hits at versity and he comes back off the tarmac. He got the ten count and he's back. Now, Boss, what got What do we got for our shut up off the week?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 10: My shoudow this week goes out to uh jelly Roll who appeared on the Bobby Bone Show.
Speaker 2: Hold on to jelly Roll, let's.
Speaker 1: Go mann that was up there with uh our boy JP our boy be on that hitter on the Bobby Bone Show. Don't let us interrupt you anymore if we do, tell us oops.
Speaker 10: Yeah, So my shadow goes out to jelly Roll, who appeared on the Bobby Bone Show.
Speaker 1: He talked about how he UH wanted to do.
Speaker 10: Raise money to build a music center for the juvenile detention center.
Speaker 2: He talked about how.
Speaker 10: Like when he was when he was in juvenile he talked about how people would come in and they would talk to him, but it was nobody that he could actually relate to. So he wants to do more for the juvenile system. But he also talked about matching it out of his own pocket for the money.
Speaker 2: That he raises.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and uh he's asking everybody else who uh who raises money to just kind of forward and put their money where the mouth is.
Speaker 2: I love that. You know what else? I love you know, you know what?
Speaker 1: It's going full circle right now. What do you think he said when he's in Juvi some icy me and now he's bringing it back, baby, He's bringing thereck to help everybody out. Listen. I think, I don't want to think. I think a lot of good music is gonna come out of there. You know, Jolly Roll came out of there, right. I'm not sure who else came out of there, but you see some ship is a great shout out. That's our standy shout out, real free shadow of the way.
Speaker 2: It was unbelievable.
Speaker 1: I did see that. You were looking at your computer a little bit. You had yourself some trading wheels on there, and you came up and as you started to get a little more confident, No, and as you started getting more confident, you start to look up and show the world those beautiful brown eyes of yours. Let's transition to our left. Let's be of our front runner, MVP guy that we've had on the shout out, no free shout of the weeks. Jeff Mike finishing bos and girls looks him one, thank you, thank you, thank you. So, as we all know, summer is just right around the corner.
Speaker 2: Is that that that?
Speaker 1: Yes, single moms obviously, but season they're starting to change, starting to get a.
Speaker 2: Hot, little humid.
Speaker 11: I got my first invite out to the lake this weekend. Shout out, no free shout out to those lake days. Man, they hit so hard. The sun's out, the buns are out, the women are there. We got beers flowing.
Speaker 1: Good food them and buttons. Uh you know, single mom.
Speaker 11: Yeah, my shout out, no free shadow obviously is to that lake day.
Speaker 1: It's just a great camaraderie. Go out there, catch a tan, catch a buzz.
Speaker 11: You know, you come back maybe a little red, a little tired, Maybe rally, go out to a Broadway something like that. Maybe go take a nap, you know, doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: It's the lake.
Speaker 1: It's whatever you want it. So shout out to the lake. Shout out to the lake, shout out, and let's all prepare for the lake too. Right, He's still a nice little base hands before you get out there, and you're gonna get red. He's the guy gonna put the SPA fifty on. Fuck yourself, dude, get that based hand, and then let's keep on lathering it up. All right, Well, look like leather when we're sixty, but we'll looks like kings and queens today. Next coming up, his friend, wait.
Speaker 2: Had a brain fart.
Speaker 1: Oh no, Garrett, darn man, shout out my fuck up just now, Duane, don't shout out your fuck up owning me. Hey hey, hey, all.
Speaker 2: Right, my free shout out.
Speaker 12: It's gonna be the tier ones that are purchasing the new merch. We're almost sold out, so go really yeah, so go and get it while it's hot.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you guys. I love the pride you take in the merch game because you're like the merch guy. He's the worst guy. I feel like you shout out the merchant couple of times, and I really appreciate it.
Speaker 12: Yeah, y'all, let me on cameras and now i'll get to you know, chop it up, put it in there. Here you go, so make your head collab. Yeah, we can collab. The clab go, we'll.
Speaker 1: Take this one off. Shout the merchant the march fucking got onto the next one.
Speaker 2: Well, you gotta take this one, deserve it.
Speaker 1: All right, So my shout out no, no JP, Yeah, introduce JP. Oh go ahead, dude, No, I fucked up, Garrett. I can't take it JP. What's your shouting?
Speaker 2: No free shout out of the week, bro, crazy, somebody to save me?
Speaker 13: I shout out no free shout out of the week goes to a place that I believe I have belonged in and just never knew I belonged there. In that place is first class on a flight. Who let's go get hey, big shout out to Will and Taylor. But this was my first time on first class, and right when I sat down, I just I felt different. You see the video on Will's Twitter. People are walking by, You give him the nod, you say, what's up. It's just a great feeling up there. So shout out no free shout out to first class. It's an elite status. It really is an elite status.
Speaker 2: And what makes it so elite.
Speaker 1: Is you get on the plane first and so everybody who walks by has to see that you're in first loss and no one else says, we'll.
Speaker 8: Get it we'll get.
Speaker 1: That.
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: Out standing shoutout no free shadow of the week, JP, I loved it. I absolutely loved it, Willie, what you got for us, homie?
Speaker 2: So my shout out, no free shout out of the week's funny.
Speaker 1: Because you're going my shout out, no free shadow of the week. The point of turning her head is to get that no free shadow part away from the mic.
Speaker 2: It goes to those men cheeks, those men out there, those husbands that stuck with their wife, that waited six weeks with their lonesome them in their hand. Boys, the six weeks is up for the boy, and uh, your boy's about to go super grimlin to night.
Speaker 1: Shadow goes.
Speaker 2: Those men's out there the weather, that six week storm after birth, man, and they had to day to keep it zipped up for a little bit. And now they're out ready to shine a boy. And by the way, boys, hey, hey, run, I got the text. We're clear for yes, dude, Hey ma, sure you cut up cut up a video of will when he goes, I'm about to go super Grandmulin motor just goes, run, Dad.
Speaker 1: That is fucking unreal. I'm excited. Yeah, I'm getting man, Yeah, absolutely I gotta get going. I gotta get on my man.
Speaker 2: Probably a mess, huh. I'll tell you what. There's a yeah, yeah, it's jungle down there. It's jungle down there. Well yeah, it's not a commission for a little bit, I know. But you know you have to pay a janitor for to go clean it up if you're not gonna use it for a while.
Speaker 1: True. And I was going to go into further detail, but it's like, let's just let's just Yeah, there's people living down there, little people.
Speaker 2: There's people listening right now. There's women and children and stuff like that. Yeah, you don't want to be insensitive. You don't wan to be insensitive.
Speaker 1: We have a big single mom listening group ever since Jack shadowed the mouth that right, big babe, babe mom, dude, All right, my shout out, no free Shadow of the week is it's the moms and dads who raise their child And sorry, why is that so funny about to say, exactly mon of us who raised their child who don't leave, don't go get the milk? No, my shadow, no for you. Shot of the Week goes to moms and dads who teach their kids how to walk, teach your kids how to talk, teach them how to eat regular foods, get off the tit and start living. And then that kid finally goes to school, and that kid gets to do something extracurricular outside of school that first time, the first time you're available to go and do something. My daughter, win Rebel Lawan is having her first play this weekend.
Speaker 2: She's a tomato and you.
Speaker 1: Know, Dad's gonna be there with my min at your phone, dude, and I'm going to film every single second, every single misstep, every single off Q vocal she has, and I'm gonna cheer harder than every fucking dad in that place. So shout out, no free shoutouts to kids first extracurricular activity outside of school. Hey, oh yeah, tikey tikeys, I hook the boys. I don't worry. I got a couple. You know, I got a couple. Love that dude. I can't wait to see the photos of her and her being a man.
Speaker 2: Oh today, she was in it all.
Speaker 1: She's wearing as a red shirt and pants and blacks like no, I wish it was, but it's not. Come down bracing the smoke.
Speaker 2: Mom in his right.
Speaker 1: Oh, go ahead, go ahead, Mom gets her ready, for uh for school every day, and I go make breakfast and I make her lunch, and I go I meet him at the stairs every morning. And as I go to meet him at the stairs, I hear a willow go hot daddy, and I look up, like hey baby, and one goes, I'm a tomato, and I'm like, fuck, yeah you are, dude, You're a tomato and you're ready to crush it. We know what's gonna happen. She gonna be the star of the show. Did She's like her dad. She loves the attention. He loves the attention. She might kick over the star of the show to be coming. The tomato is gonna run the show, the shout out my daughter. I was gonna say, you know what, today is right the thirteenth.
Speaker 2: I didn't even think about that. Dude, Wow god, yeah, yeah, tell me the ship man. I mean, tell me the fucking day about this. I started saying the costume thing.
Speaker 1: Oh you know what also comes out in front of thirteenth on May thirteenth. Today, the TV show shortsy Really Yeah comes out today. I kind of liked mine. I liked mine phenomenal. I wish it would have been Jason forhes, but you know I like mine.
Speaker 2: I like mine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a letter It's a Letter Kenny spin off of Shorsey and it's I'm sure it's gonna be fucking hilarious. If those you have not seen Letter Kenny hilarious show, please cut the substuck and sent it to them, DM them and then they can hopefully get me in their show.
Speaker 2: I just want to be in it.
Speaker 1: We talked about it. The boy wants to be in Letter Kenny. So bad, amazing show. A town of five thousand people, Hicks, skids, Christians and hockey players and it's just one long run on sentence. You guys got to watch it. It's it's amazing. If you have seen it, let us know in the comments below what you think. Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, all right, we are going to get into this episode, Mike Chandler, after this beautiful attery that's gonna happen. It's gonna be Duke Cannon. I'm just gonna spoiler alert right now. Wait wait, wait, this isn't It wouldn't be Duke Cannon because there's no no, no, no.
Speaker 1: Chevy's at the front just because we're the way we did the ads the way we.
Speaker 2: Did the ads.
Speaker 1: No free shoutouts to Duke Canon whatsoever.
Speaker 2: But we're gonna hit a attery right now before we do, take a moment before it goes into the sattery, just hit subscribe to the boys. We love you, We appreciate you. Big hucks, tiny cases. Have a fun time with this episode. Share it to everybody.
Speaker 1: We think everything should be done at one hundred percent, and so does Whistle Pig Whiskey. They created the first one hundred percent rye whiskey, perfect for sipping and mixing. Piggyback is made with one hundred percent rye whiskey for a bold, full spice flavor. It's a bartender's dream, perfect for mixing up cocktails. Trust us on this one. It truly is of the good stuff. Get your bottle at shop dot whistle Pick Whiskey dot com or at your local retailer. Dude, it is phenomenal. Hey we got hey, we got the void the boys back on.
Speaker 2: No, Dude, times were like he does a kick and he's doing all the back fluffs, He's doing all this stuff, and you're like.
Speaker 1: Man, is he gonna remember us?
Speaker 2: Like this?
Speaker 1: Fuck with the boys, Because when you when you killed that man on Saturday and you want to you want to see a dead body.
Speaker 2: You just want to see a dead body. Will I look at each other like you think you'll come on?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I knew it.
Speaker 7: I'm pretty sure I tried to get on early. Well no, actually you try to get me on earlier. But I was still in Arizona. You have the best states in the country.
Speaker 2: It is, really and uh yeah I was.
Speaker 1: I wasn't back till Wednesday and then yeah, on daddy duty and all that. So before we get into this whole fight, we're gonna plenty of time for that. What do you like to see?
Speaker 2: You like Arizona? You're about Arizona. I love Arizona. I am a lifer in Nashville forever button based in Nashville.
Speaker 1: You we're about to get the bag.
Speaker 7: The least I could see myself being would be Arizona. Like I train in Florida, trained in Florida. Don't really like Florida that much as far as a I mean, it's it's all right. It's just we we had the option to move there. You know, we're leaving. We were leaving San Diego. We could have went to Florida where I was training, but we wanted to make a life here. Man, we love Nashville. I wanted to be here, and here we are Planet roots firmly. If you were going to be in Arizona, what part of Arizona and being Cave Creek, it's Cave.
Speaker 1: Creek like South Zona. No, it's not like if there's Scottsdale, I would just be in Scottsdale. In Scottsdale, we just rented a house open Inbite. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, May and June. Yeah, let's get there.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, you're gonna be out there in the summer summer, Yeah, we're gonna. Yeah, we're gonna fry ourselves for sure. Let's go Base ten.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So we're like, we'll be out there for like, so we already had a trip to Arizona planned before this fight got booked in Phoenix. Then my fight got booked in Phoenix, so then hung out there for an extra couple of days by the pool.
Speaker 1: So why a couple of months renting and Man and June just go out.
Speaker 7: It's actually not Man, Jane, it's one day in May. It's May thirty first to like June twelve or so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, there all day.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 7: It's a two week trip and then yeah, just going out and that's what that's what we've done. Like actually my last couple of fights, we go out to Arizona and just kick back. Man, just me going into training camp and then being away from my family and just being a robot for ten weeks straight. I need to just be Honestly, when I'm in Nashville too, I feel like I need to work because I'm home. Like if I'm in Florida, I feel like I need to work. If I'm in Nashville, I feel like I need to work. So I need to you know, be in a location. Yeah, just where I'm like I'm on vacation where it's like, well, I got a Wi Fi connection, I can do something if I need to, but I'm most likely not. There's a pool out there and the refrigerators got libations in it.
Speaker 2: Dude, the ten weeks where you're training, you also we'll give a huge run up of a pause.
Speaker 1: But you also, you have a new kid. I was just your father. I am, yes, and and this morning was actually the first time I was alone with him.
Speaker 7: Because my wife is doing a continuing medical education, she has to do like one hundred hours every couple of years to these conferences and education. So she's actually at a conference downtown right now, so she's like, hey, Nanny's coming over at.
Speaker 2: Like ten ten o'clock.
Speaker 7: You got busting at ten thirty, so you're gonna have Ace by himself for about an hour passifying colors. Really I did, Yeah, I mean he was looking at me like, dang, dude, you're awesome.
Speaker 2: Dad. Was it hard that happening like adopting your newborn? Like while you're in the last few weeks of training, it's like anything.
Speaker 7: I mean, you guys have gone through it where it's like, dude, when you look back and you think, okay, that was a that was a tough, little hairy scenario there. But when you're in the moment, I think, when you're in these moments where you don't have you have, you're basically sink or swim like it's it's no one's going to save you. Like. So I was able to compartmentalize it, and I actually there was so many things that went to went happened. I changed my flight the day of flew to Atlanta. Atlanta ended up driving a couple hours from Atlanta until two in the morning because my flight I missed, the second flight missed the connection, got there and then you know, Ace was born the next day and then spent most of our time in a hotel slash hospital and high high stakes, high strung, you know, because it's never one hundred percent he's not your he's not your son until it's legally documents are signed.
Speaker 1: You know that's gotta be.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean you hold them, fall in love with them, take care of them, and and minds could be changed, and all of a sudden you're like, Okay, I guess we'll go back home without a baby. You know that can happen, So you know, you just uh, until that, you know, until that moment where the papers were signed, it was you know, high stakes, and then I had to get back to Florida, and it was get back after it because I was fighting a man at a cage two weeks later.
Speaker 1: Is the adoption process, it'd be hard to switch up. Yeah, exactly. Go from like, too, you're fucking training, I'm gonna beat the stud desk. Let me go be a soft man for a little bit and go about this pudiful hope that it goes through Like.
Speaker 2: I'm curious about the adoption process. Yeah, I'm glad, not like shot out Parenthood. No free shot us to the Parenthood And Tron and I we were watching the show and in Parenthood they get it's a family who can't have they can't have a child, so they go through the adoption process and they they find this young lady who's having a baby, and they get all the way to the hospital, the chick has the baby, and then the chick has such a connection and feel so bad about letting giving the baby up that she ends up keeping the baby.
Speaker 1: And this whole family in Parenthood is like going to the hospital to welcome.
Speaker 2: Having this newborn and they were so excited and then the mom keeps it and then the Parenthood family is just like broken that that's that situation happens. So like, can you talk about like the adoption process and like I guess those.
Speaker 7: Feelings, Yeah, I mean it's and that's the thing is, you're always negotiating emotions.
Speaker 2: Every day.
Speaker 1: You're like one day you're just one hundred percent like this is gonna happen, this is God's plan. We prayed for that.
Speaker 7: I mean I prayed with happy every single night for the last year before this for his baby brother, you know. And uh, so you're not only thinking about myself and my wife, but also a five year old, another innocent child who has just you know, he's he's left up to the whims and fancies of us adults or what the world may throw at him.
Speaker 2: And I'm just like, this has got to go through for him, you know, this has got to go through. And we kept it a secret, you know. He he knew we were going to.
Speaker 7: We haven't disclosed the location because we want to keep yeah in the adoption process too. This is not my story to tell either, as much as it is, this is Ace's story. This is HAPs story any adopted child.
Speaker 2: This is their story.
Speaker 7: So you always got to be be careful what you're talking about, even us sitting around a campfire, let alone on microphones. You know, this is this is their story. So we we kind of shielded him from it. We brought him there. He thought he was just on a little vacation, a little we were going going on a trip. He had no idea until it was one hundred percent done that it was his baby brother. Then he could act to meet him. And that'll make it just cry too, because it's just like it was. It was amazing because we just we prayed for him so hard and he was one hundred percent confident that he was going to get a baby brother, and and he did and now we do.
Speaker 1: So you know, the process is just it's it's long and it's arduous.
Speaker 7: Albeit I am the man in the situation that ninety eight percent of it falls on the woman.
Speaker 2: I'm sure a lot of it, you know.
Speaker 7: And when you were talking about the documentary whatever you're watching, my wife handled all of it. And it's a stack of paperwork, and it's FBI background checks and it's financial background checks. I had to get a physical with a vaccination record, so there was physic I barely passed.
Speaker 1: Physical.
Speaker 7: And then even during COVID, even during COVID, like I don't want I'm not trying to do hit political hot button issues here, but there was even certain adoption agencies that would not take on adoptive families that were not COVID nineteen vaccinated.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, listen, there's a lot of things.
Speaker 7: You can't walk in your favorite restaurant, or you can't fly on air play, that's one thing, but you talk about you were going to excommunicate me from adopting a child because I don't have a vaccination. That to me was probably the biggest tragedy I've ever heard about, this whole COVID thing. Yeah, but that was here nor there. We ended up obviously finding an adoption agency and and uh, our baby boy.
Speaker 2: So that's back of paperwork and a lot of stuff going on after you had your first son. You doubted your first son.
Speaker 1: Did you go through multiple processes before you got to ace or was there was this like Okay, we're gonna go do this and it was like a one time thing. Like did you ever get into a situation and family that's like yeah, they're an adoptive. Well, I'm more asking. I'm more asking like, did you ever have a situation where like you thought you were gonna end up with a baby and that did not happen?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean anything like that. It's it's constant. It's a constant. It's a constant up and down because you get, you know, you get. They call them cases and it's it sounds. It's it sounds you know too.
Speaker 1: I don't know, just black and white to call it transactional.
Speaker 2: Yeah, transaction.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's a great words. That's what I was fishing for, like that world. And so it's up and down, like you could say yes, but then you might not get chose. I mean that's the other thing too, This is it's the options are on the birth mom too. They have to love who they're going to, you know, have it, put a plan in place, an adoption plan in place with a potential family, and then you could get chosen.
Speaker 2: You might not get chosen, you know.
Speaker 7: So we we had gone through that process a couple different times where one day you feel like, Okay, this is the one. Next day you're like, no, it's not, you know so, But obviously ultimately we settled on Ace and he was supposed to.
Speaker 2: Be and.
Speaker 7: One of the ladies that we were working with, she says something very profound, she said, what what is meant for?
Speaker 8: You?
Speaker 1: Won't pass you up?
Speaker 7: Because that's the hardest part about it too, is you feel like you're making a decision and you're hoping for the best and if it doesn't work out, I mean, human emotion is or the human default as well. Now I'm sad because I want this to work out, But what is meant for? You won't pass you up. And that's in the adoption process. That's in sports, that's in life, that's in business, that's and everything. So it was, you know, being on the other side of it with my baby boy, who I was just holding an hour ago. It's uh, it's surreal. It's amazing and and more more than anything. I mean, I obviously I love the joy that I get and I love being a father, but man, seeing my seeing half as a baby or as a big brother now, and then seeing my wife it going through and her having our second child that she's been praying for and thinking about since she was a.
Speaker 2: Teenagers, it's amazing. Man.
Speaker 1: It's it's uh, we have fallen in love with adoption, and we might even do it again.
Speaker 2: We'll see.
Speaker 7: Really, I don't know, man, I never know, right, Yeah, tattoo I say that too, Like it's like, you know, I got I just got a tattooed on me here. But it's like when whenever you're getting your first tattooed, like I'm just getting one, everybody's like, well, no, you'll probably get another one, yeah yeah, yeah, And then you know, and it's that's.
Speaker 1: Probably how it is, whether you're having your own biological children or not.
Speaker 7: I mean, once you fall in love with a child and realize, holy cow, I didn't know what love was almost in so I know what what being in love with Bree was. But she's another adult who can like she can handle herself quite frankly, she doesn't even need me.
Speaker 2: She freaking she'll crush it without me. Yeah, but hap like which is the best kind of relationship. But it is the best exactly, and and I am very thankful for it. But also once I fell in love with Halp, I'm just like, dude, I want freaking one hundred babies.
Speaker 1: With with Halp that first time seeing him from an adoption standpoint, what was that emotion like for you? Was it instant? Was it take so com mints? Because just to preface this, when I first met my firstborn daughter, like I thought there was gonna be like this firework type of emotion or immediately, and my first feeling was like worry, like am I gonna fuck this? Am I gonna fuck this kid up? Am I gonna like do something wrong as a father? And ruin Like you know what I'm saying, Like the warries came in before like that you fork crazy feeling.
Speaker 7: Yeah, No, and and well, number one, honestly, kudos to you, because I think that's I think that is an emotion that and in a feeling of because yeah, fatherhood is is you know, we're all men here obviously, and mothers are obviously extremely important too, but you know, the boys we're talking to mainly men here, and it's like the breakdown of what a father is and the responsibility that we need to take and how seriously we need to take. And being an NFL player is great, and the m MA fighter is great, but the greatest thing that we can be and the greatest, the greatest title that we will ever acquire as being a father and not just being a father, because anybody can be a father, but being a good father. So to have that feeling, and yeah, the first time I held him, I was like, Okay, Like life just got real because now every decision that I make, every every opportunity that I take or don't take, every day that I live my life is going to positively or negatively affect this child or my willingness or ability to be able to take care of them and him and provide for him. But the first time I held Happy yeah, I you know, I was crying like a little baby and just like promised him me, I'm just gonna love you and take care of you.
Speaker 2: And he's just like looking at me as a little, you know, a little baby. But a lot of those feel and doubts and insecurities where you're just like, Okay, figure this thing out quick, and then you realize you don't figure it out quick and you fail every single day as a parent.
Speaker 1: That's the one thing they do not tell you.
Speaker 7: So all the boys out there who are listening, you're not a father yet, just get ready to feel the dad guilt, to feel the parent guilt, to feel like you're failing every single day. You know, But it's the most beautiful thing in the world because you're really not failing. I think feeling like you're failing is indicative of wanting to be better every single day. So it's a good thing. It's kind of like being an athlete. It's kind of like being good at everything. You're never quite satisfying.
Speaker 1: If you ever want to be great at something, Yeah, Like, if you feel that failure, it's going to make you better towards the.
Speaker 2: End, Like or even the fear of failure.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's so it's you know, staying on guard, garden your heart, guarden your mind, and putting your best foot forward as much as you possibly can.
Speaker 1: Now far ast hap goes. Is he now aware of what dad does for a living. Is he like totally into it and low nervousness Like at this past fight, was he like holy shit?
Speaker 7: You know I was likely I was like, oh, but this, you know, it was it was a mixed emotion because I'm like, man, I want my son to be here if I, you know, knock out Tony Ferguson the way I do. But if I if that same exact thing happened to me, which is what we brave every single time we sec step in the octagon Tony Ferguson or the hunterd thranked guy.
Speaker 2: In the world or the number one ranked guy in the world.
Speaker 7: You can get knocked out, you can get finished, you can have a bad night, and then you have to share that with your son.
Speaker 1: You know, we watched we watched MMA here and there.
Speaker 7: It tried to He's old enough now to understand it and understand and compartmentalize between sport and actually hitting somebody at school or whatnot, and that's you know, it may be controversial, but that's the way.
Speaker 1: That's this is my calling, and this is what I'm doing for a living. So he's going to be involved in it. And yeah, I know he came.
Speaker 7: He had his headphones on obviously because in those arenas it's sensory overload. It's crazy. And I was after the fight after I knocked him out. I don't know if you can read my list, but I jumped up on the cage.
Speaker 2: I'm like, where's my son?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I was like looking because I was scanning, and I'm like, where where's this dude at? And he's wearing a bright green shirt. I'm like I should be able to see him, and then my wife. I finally saw my wife like carrying him over, and at like point to him, I start losing it, like I had one job.
Speaker 2: I had one job, like be.
Speaker 1: Tough on TV and I lose yeh yeah yeah on ESPN, you know, like.
Speaker 7: So yeah, man, he knows what daddy does and for us to be able to share that and even even us be their cage side. He got up on the cage and first of course I had this you know, black eye and cut, and he's like daddy, ooh auchi.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I'm okay, baby.
Speaker 7: I went in for a kiss and he like turned his head away because my face is all bloody and.
Speaker 2: Sweat and he's like, no, dude, not right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you know. So yeah man, it was uh, it was awesome.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I'm glad to have shared it with him.
Speaker 7: I don't know if I'll do it every fight now because I'm like, it's a little bit too much pressure.
Speaker 2: You know, to have my son.
Speaker 1: You feel it a little bit more that walk out you're kind of feeling that piece for sure. Personally it's a little.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's it's kind of like, you know, you you want to be able to compartmentalize things because you just want to keep the main thing, the main thing, which I got a job to do.
Speaker 2: I want to fight.
Speaker 7: Even even leading up to the fight, I got asked a couple of times in interviews and I'm like crying on fight week, and I'm like, do I want to feel this way? Do I not want to feel this way? I know I'm at my best when I start tearing up and I get welled up with emotions. Like actually, before the before the Dan Hooker fight, it happened. I was walking the halls like crying, listen to my favorite song. This time that happened again. I was like tears running down my face, walking, making walk, making the walk like back and forth, pacing, listening to my favorite song, visualizing and all that kind of stuff. And I was like something epics about to happen. I didn't know it was going to be this epic, but it was. I think we're I think we're in a good spot. It was, and we're in a good spot.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what though he almost caught in the first round. Let's let's a little time, a little time, a little times's little I've hold on home. Before we get into that, let's talk about.
Speaker 2: The timeline before this fight.
Speaker 1: Let's let's back up two fights is Oliver right? Yes?
Speaker 2: Two fights ago?
Speaker 1: Yes, we're going back. Well, I want to hit some emotions. How we feel about that that one ended the way you did? Will and I watching that fight, we thought that first round, if you had another minute, he had another thirty seconds, you were taking that dude out. Yeah, was that your same feeling? What do you mean, oh, in that fight? Yeah?
Speaker 7: No, no, for sure, I mean and I was I Will say, man, it's being an athlete in these type of high stakes situations. It's so amazing because it just it humanizes you in it and you you are at you are not in as much control as you wish you were, Like, obviously that's a title fight.
Speaker 2: I thought my whole.
Speaker 7: Life was a culmination and just struggles and highs and lows leading to that one moment where I was about to beat Charles Olivera, and I think the emotional adrenaline dump got the best of me there.
Speaker 1: I just I And I also also thought I was gonna run go out there and run through them.
Speaker 7: I had no I had no reason not to think I wasn't going to if I put hands on people, I think they usually crumble eventually, and Charles Lavera had crumbled in the past, and I wasn't afraid of his ground game and I wasn't afraid of his striking.
Speaker 1: Then I got knocked out later on, but you know, it's uh.
Speaker 7: I was just I was on cloud nine after the Dan Hooked fight a couple of months later.
Speaker 2: I was like, this is gonna happen.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna do this, and you know, if I had a couple more seconds yeah, or even a different referee, like not to ever talk about alternate universes, but referee there could have been, there could have been another referee that might might have referee, might have changed referees. But I never I never want to say that because it makes it sound like I was like, Oh, if it would have been you know, Herbdian or someone else. You know, It's just that's just how close to this sport is and it's left up to human interpretation in the moment in a split second.
Speaker 2: But hey, it was.
Speaker 7: But I always say this, and I've said this on the pod before, is if something bad happens to you but something good comes of it, wasn't really a bad thing? Or was that just the necessary coiling of the spring of who I was going to be sitting on the bus right now talk about all the beautiful things that we were about to talk about on the rest of the bod that I needed to I needed to be cracked in the face in front all those people. I needed all the doubters to say I knew you weren't that good. Then I needed to come back and prove myself against Justin Gaegee to for them to say, Okay, you might be that you might be all right just to get to this Tony Ferguson fight. And now everyone's talking about me, you know, as one of the top guys now. And it's crazy how fast opinions change. I'll tell you what the most when we talked about minutes in sixteen seconds and everybody's opinion changed.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Well, and and the greatest thing about opinions when it comes to me is is I was I was put so far behind the eight ball because I was pushed so fast by the UFC. You know, me coming in and saying I was gonna beat Kabeeb and then you know, me getting a title shot after one win in the UFC.
Speaker 1: Everybody hated me just for that.
Speaker 7: They were just like, I don't like this guy because you know, this guy was on a twelve flight win streak, and this guy has been in the UFC for ten years, and this guy's doing this, and this guy's doing that, and this guy's getting paid more than these other guys who have been here. So there was a lot of the deck was stacked against me from a fan friendly, uh standpoint. I just needed to get in there to show them, hey, this is who I am. And you guys are gonna love when.
Speaker 2: I start in the gay gave you Hooker in the first fight, and he's like a lot of people argue, that's probably the biggest mismatch before.
Speaker 1: Were you coming into the.
Speaker 2: Act, you and Shob having your your your you were you were asking Shob like, hey, you know, how do you think about this fighting shops like, I don't like it? Man?
Speaker 7: It was yeah, I tol I was like, hey, boys, I don't like it either. I didn't like it either, but I signed up the dotted line. I said, I'm gonna come in here and say yes to every opportunity. We asked for Fergus and he said no. We asked for Poier, he said no. Hooker was the first guy that said yes, and thank god he did. And then you know, now the rest is history.
Speaker 2: And I'm on this.
Speaker 1: You know, four fight, four fights in sixteen eighteen months that you know, strength of schedule.
Speaker 2: I think they're yeah, and they're fighting fights.
Speaker 1: So after after Gashee, things are there's some turbulence, Yeah, some turbulence going on to you at the beginning of a UFC career, Like where do you feel you were at going into this fight? Was there worries that, hey, if I slip up on this one, it might be over for me.
Speaker 7: No, no, because there's now if you were talking to me while I was still in Bellator, and one of the reasons I didn't want to come over to the UFC possibly was, Hey, I'm the outsider coming in. If they don't see me as a asset, then yeah, they probably will want to be like, hey, I told you those Bellotour guys weren't that good. Throw them against against killers, and then we cut them and then it continues to diminish Bellatour.
Speaker 1: But the UFC has not done that. THEFC. The UFC, with as much ego.
Speaker 7: As we might think that they have, they're willing to swallow their pride and let that ego go because they know what, if it makes money, it makes sense.
Speaker 1: If it makes business sense, it makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 7: And I think what they saw in me was this guy's going to be entertaining, this guy's going to keep his nose clean. He's not going to be a bad thing for the organization. And that's what I told him from the very beginning. I want to be a good thing for your organization. And it just so happens to you. Guys are the cream of the crop. You guys are where I want to be. So let's make magic together. And now we've done it, and they've you know, I think they've they've gotten a really good.
Speaker 1: Return on their investment and you know, let's keep on. But I think the return hasn't even started yet. You know what I'm saying, Like, we've got we've made our money, We've made our money back from our initial investment. Now it's sound to reap the benefits. It sounds like I yeah, I hope so man, I think Uh.
Speaker 7: I mean, I'm just and I actually just talked to you know, one of one of the guys yesterday about some business things and it's like, I just want to when you get to a certain point, you just want to do good business with good people and a mutually beneficial uh win win situation and all of your business transactions.
Speaker 1: And that's where I am.
Speaker 2: With the UFC. I would I would think I think they see me and they're like, hey, we can take this guy and do something great with them. And I'm like, hey, I can use the UFC and do something great with my life.
Speaker 7: So where's the where's the rub there's there's no there's no way that this doesn't turn out great.
Speaker 2: You know, you didn't feel like you felt any pressure at all to drop three in a row, and in getting lost by.
Speaker 1: Tony Ferguson, be we felt the pressure for you.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, I could I really, like you said, being behind the eight ball, Like, damn, I can really I would really put myself behind the eight ball if I drop a third fight in.
Speaker 13: A road to know.
Speaker 7: You're right, And that was your original question that I'd never answered, but I did somewhat. But also we're in the entertainment business as well, Like if this was all about wins and losses, the you know, the champions that we have right now wouldn't necessarily be the champions that we have the biggest names, most most lucrative fighters and big money fights, uh and big pay per views wouldn't be you know, the making that type of money if it was all about the record, and that's what I love about well that well, no it's not, No, it's.
Speaker 1: Not, but it's like a direction or first no, yeah, you look at the excess and nose.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, but but we are in entertainment business first, you know, And and then it's skill right after that, or it's it's record right after that. You got to make people feel something. If you don't make people people feel something, it's not a good product. If you're not a good product, nobody wants to watch you fight. So that's why I think people love mixed martial arts as well though too, and because none of us are perfect perfect.
Speaker 2: All of us have losses, all of us.
Speaker 7: You can see all of us with these black guys and on the ground, you know, after Charles olivera TKO's me or after a fight where I, you know, lose to Justin Gatschee or Justin Geatege this weekend gets choked out. It's like, will you guys get to see us at our lowest points and get another l on our record?
Speaker 1: And it's an individual sport. That's why I think people love it.
Speaker 7: So it's almost like I said, if a bad thing happens to you and a good thing comes of it, dud. These losses are These losses don't mean a dang thing. How many losses I got, I don't know. I mean wins so I got, I don't know. But people are gonna watch me fight. They don't care I'm twenty three and seven.
Speaker 1: I get three and seven.
Speaker 2: It's so funny, dude, we interrupt this episode to shut out sport Clips. No free shoutouts. Has it been a while since your last haircut? Head on over to the boys of sport Clips. And as for the MVP haircut Experience, it comes with an expert precision haircut, a neck and shoulder treatment, perfectly steamed towel, and a shampoo massage. Neck and shoulder treatment not available in Washington or organ. So just understand that people of Washington in an organ. So sit down, relax, and leave with the energy and confidence to face whatever your day throws. That you'se a boy tailor. He just got a haircut recently from sport Cliff showing that flow. Show him that flow, dude, that little beard trim too.
Speaker 1: That they do.
Speaker 2: They take full care of you, massage, shampoo, all of it. There's plenty of things in life to worry about. Worrying about your haircut shouldn't be one of them. Sport Cliffs, the pros in Men's hair bro I follow us in Washington, Oregon. It'd be so hot right now, what do you rank? Now?
Speaker 1: Then those rankings come out so it's funny.
Speaker 7: I actually now I have a number five by my name, which it would have been a number four by my name because it would have been champion one, two, three, four, So the rankings, I actually went up a ranking, but I still have a five by my hand because there is no champion because Charles Olivera decided to not make weight, not.
Speaker 2: Be a pro. You want to be a pro? Go all, yeah, what do you think about that? What do you think about him not making weight? And then the vacancy of like them vacating the UFC.
Speaker 7: Title number one. I will stand firm that I think the UFC did the right thing.
Speaker 2: Man, if you if you can't do the most basic, the most basic thing for us, who's.
Speaker 14: Like Michael doesn't know what he's talking about, this guy and this and listen, I I would never kick a guy while he's down.
Speaker 7: And I said that, well, he's not really down because he won the last fight. You can't have a title fight without him in it.
Speaker 1: No, everybody goes, well, he's still the champion for sure, and that's that's fine.
Speaker 7: But in life there are consequences to your actions or in actions and the inaction of him or the action of him not making weight. It's you know, if anything, all it does is keep on adding wrinkles to the most electrifying division in the UFC.
Speaker 2: I freaking love it.
Speaker 7: Like everyone talks about the lightweight division because of the dudes that are in it and stuff like this that are happening. And that's happening, and you know the eight ball is Connor coming back, and then you know Poorier talking about going up to one seventy, and there's just all kinds of stuff happening, and it's.
Speaker 2: Just do you think that there should be a situation where Olivera shouldn't fight in the next title fight.
Speaker 7: I mean, there's a chance that he could come back. He wants to Connor fight. If he got the comments about the title, the title, no, they.
Speaker 1: Vacated the title. He asked to go back and fight for the title.
Speaker 7: Okay, in the UFC already said that, And it's most likely going to be Islam Mahachev and him fighting for the title. That's what we're all hearing in the media, and that's what inside sources are saying. So then you got Gatchie, who who obviously fought on the same night. You got Poorier, who's kind of a you know, we're not sure what he's doing. He's talking about fighting Diz. I don't think that fight's going to materialize. But Neil there who's dropped the spot or two two spots actually according to the the thing there.
Speaker 1: And then you know, so I don't know.
Speaker 7: I'm in a spot right there where I'm just chilling and hanging out and we'll see, uh, we'll see what happens.
Speaker 1: Is there is there a sense of urgency for you to go get another fight or are you right now sitting pretty like maybe you wait for that belt fight to happen, that bell fight happens. Then he started weighing pros and cons because you're you're the next dude. And now, Louis, we were on the pod what was it Thursday? Right, yeah, last Thursday, and we're saying, what are you chasing?
Speaker 2: Are you?
Speaker 1: If we're you, are we going that belt or are we trying to we trying to get Connor and get that bag?
Speaker 7: Gosh, dang, man, I mean, that's it's sure as nice to have to have that as maybe the two options. But if I had to choose, man, I want to I want to be able to say I was UFC champion. I was the number one guy in the world. That's that would be the number one goal. You know, conventional wisdom and and guys like yourself might say you got to chase the bag.
Speaker 1: Let's be honest.
Speaker 2: I want to chase the bag as well.
Speaker 7: But I also it's hard to say that because I can't quite tell people that it's it is about the money. It is about taking care of my family, of course, but man, I just want epic fights on epic stages with epic dudes.
Speaker 2: And Connor's that.
Speaker 7: Dude, Connor having Connor as as your as your dance partner for one of these fights, and you know my last call it eight or ten fights in the UFC is you know, it's epic.
Speaker 2: It's what It's what careers are made of.
Speaker 1: I think anybody that says, like, oh, to go chase the back, I don't doubt I would say that right now to you. But if the if it was like flipped around and you were like, what would you do? We're all gonna want the super Bowl, you know what I'm saying, Like you kind of really want, like, yeah, make a lot of money's next, But like being able to say you're a super Bowl champion is like you've done, You've made the pinnacle.
Speaker 2: The belt is so fluid that like I feel like in the UFC, like you have both, you can have both, you have both. It's it's like a momentary thing, like there's certain moments so where some opportunity might be better than the other. And in a case like this where Connor hasn't one in a long time, like he's out there trolling, he's out there being like I'm gonna pick my fight. I'm gonna pick a comeback and like you said, epic fights with epic people on like an epic.
Speaker 1: Stage, like if you're if you're somebody sent back being like yo, I.
Speaker 2: Could potentially end Connor McGregor's career and it would produce a lot of money. You could do that first and then you're set up beautifully to get the title after this. That's the thing too, That would be the perfect storm.
Speaker 1: That would be legit. But like you fired me up just by listening to that, I.
Speaker 2: Got a little maybe I definitely got fired out.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm saying, we're fans. We don't care what we say. We say whatever we want says. We're like we're fucking when that click landed, like like we're like that when he when that first round when you caught you the stumber, like no, no, no, no, no no no. You know hey, it was legit like a like straight up fans like yelling at the TV screen with.
Speaker 2: The baby, don't wake the baby.
Speaker 1: But you know, we're watching our boy fight. Yeah, watching the boy fight, And it was legitimately like a we were in there with you when NF turned on.
Speaker 2: Oh I ain't that some.
Speaker 1: Ob there like, oh my god, ship you know what I'm saying, Just waiting for things to happen. Dude, you get out there, yeahs.
Speaker 2: Around the ring.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh, we're about to do this, moving their damp, moving this bus, are falling and shaking, bro dude, so stoked, so stoked about it.
Speaker 7: But that's but but just like what you're talking about there too, you can get that, like you said, you can get that with both me fighting for the title. You the boys of course, like my closest dudes, but also the people who are just are fans of me. They're gonna feel that in a title fight, and they're definitely gonna feel it in a Connor fight.
Speaker 2: So it's it's almost it's almost like, yeah, you're very polished, you're very good. I'm gonna put you back in the box, put me a visual personal Mike Chandler, which of those fights would you rather have? I want the title, so you if you got to pick your next fight to be the title fight, I want Connor.
Speaker 10: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I also don't want to sit here and act like it's up to me. Okay, that's what's hard.
Speaker 1: You know, like we're out here playing chess first off, Like I know we're gonna bunce around a little bit. What you did on the mic after was fucking chest.
Speaker 2: I texted you.
Speaker 1: I was say you played the fucking game. Let him get out of it, let him get out of me, Let me rod, let me ro.
Speaker 2: Who do you want?
Speaker 1: Because you're getting to the point right now that after that electric knockout, you could say I want McGregor.
Speaker 7: Here's here's what I would say. Here, here you got to call it, Here's how I would say it. If I got to call it, I would say right now, Connor, because only because.
Speaker 1: Stay with a little more conviction, Stay a little more conviction.
Speaker 7: No, it's not a wireless caller, but Connor because I think never has there been somebody who's like a front run.
Speaker 1: I feel like I'm the front runner right now. I could be the front runner.
Speaker 2: I'm exciting.
Speaker 7: I got the hype, I got the I got, I got the people behind me, I got, I got the knockouts, I got He'll billy fights with gay Chee, I got to call out people. People can see me on the mic, and they know there's gonna be some some verbal some verbal uh jiu jitsu going on there on the microphones, me and him going back at it respectfully, of course on my side.
Speaker 1: On my side at least we'll see. Hey, you know what'd be awesome is you hit him with a big fuck you to start. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 8: You just went on good old American boy themselves now like that, they're like, oh, we flipped the script.
Speaker 2: You know what's going on. I'd be like, what is happening in the pantry is just on Twitter? Step into my office, bro, in my office. Oh bro, But yeah, back to that.
Speaker 7: I think it's I think I'm just I'm on the cusp of being the guy who is in the conversation with Connor, and very few people get into the conversation with Connor. So obviously there, you got to take it a little he's crying there, you got to take it a little bit more seriously or a or put a little bit more weight in that, because I still think I go out there and I beat Connor, I'm fighting next for the title anyway, Like you said, so bam boom, But that's nothing is guaranteed. This sport moves quickly, and who knows. There could be injuries happening. There could be all kinds of stuff happening. Dudes all of a sudden say they don't want to fight each other, and I'm the guy who's sitting there, you know, all right, I'll fight it. I've done nothing but say yes since September nineteenth, when I signed with his organization in twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: It seems like Connor doesn't want the he doesn't want it. I feel like I feel like he's afraid right now because I think he knows. I think Connor McGregor was scared of you.
Speaker 2: I don't think Connor is.
Speaker 1: I think Connor McGregor is scared of Michael Jackson.
Speaker 7: What I have heard about Connor is Connor's not scared of any No, Connor is not scared of anybody, because I can tell you right now, if there was one dude that I thought he was scared of, it was Kabeb. But all back behind the scenes conversations where that he wanted that fight again. Connor is not afraid to fight anybody. Connor wants to fight the toughest guys on the planet. So I for a moment I was like, he probably doesn't want to fight me because I'm not that great of a matchup.
Speaker 1: But Connor wants to fight the toughest dudes.
Speaker 7: Connor is that dude, and we can talk about not we because I don't I think he is that dude. A lot of people say he that sentiment that he he doesn't want the tough fights. The dude, the dude wants the tough fights, and I truly believe that.
Speaker 1: So I just think.
Speaker 2: I think we got we got some magic happening.
Speaker 7: But also Connor his tweet always is you know I can see that happening down the line.
Speaker 2: No, it doesn't, because.
Speaker 7: It doesn't because if I was, if I was in Connor's position, or if anywhere you were us were in Connor's position, leave your options open because you are connor. You can come back and fight whoever, whenever, wherever. So don't say yeah, I'll fight you or I'll fight that guy.
Speaker 1: That make you nervous when you see that. I saw that. I saw that in this streon, I ligt.
Speaker 2: Kind of nervous. It doesn't.
Speaker 7: But dude, but this is this is combat forts. Put the music on personified. This is combat sports per personified. And you can you can say he's not a fighter. You can, you can trash them all you want, but the sport of mixed martial arts changed with this when this man became a superstar combat sports in general.
Speaker 1: For history, the rest of combat sports history.
Speaker 7: There may never be another dude that creates that amount of intrigue, that amount of attention, and that amount of Mike dropping power with everything he does. He talks about anything on Twitter, it gets retweeted a million times.
Speaker 1: Imagine if you're sitting there right now, I would like to I would I want to get.
Speaker 7: The green Uh you know, Dewey Foggy do treatment if we if we fight, for sure.
Speaker 2: Let's just go hard.
Speaker 1: You're saying the best, and he's got the best walk out of all time. Though he does he's got the best walk out of all this foggy do oh bra And it's got to be in Vegas. And imagine if you're let's say you're the underdog, you're sitting there, Yeah you do. You go in Dublin like Rocky Fo. You're going bro. I think it's called Croke Park or something.
Speaker 7: There's that there's a big stadium out there that they've talked about doing Croke Park or something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that would be awesome too.
Speaker 7: And I would love to go to Enemy territory because I love the Irish fans, like oh, I love I love all the European fans. This it's uh, obviously us speaking the same language helps, but man, it's just it's a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: They are a great group of people that fight fan wise and they love some beard dude, and they love some Points.
Speaker 7: I said points on a BT sports uh interview which goes all to Europe, And everybody was making fun of me because like.
Speaker 2: And that what you has call him, We call him pints as you call him points they call because the accent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they made fun of me p O y n T s.
Speaker 7: But yeah, this is and you know what the cool thing about Connor is he looks different every single fight. He'll shave his head, go a short beard, he'll go a long beard. He'll might get another tattoo, he might.
Speaker 1: Go disrespectful, he'll go perspective. He's different every single time. You know what I'm saying. The most dangerous Connor though, when he's like the most.
Speaker 2: Most dangerous, I think so. It was like lots of hair.
Speaker 1: Connor also seems like the most dangerous Connor to me. Well kept fade Connor. No, I don't think he's dangerous.
Speaker 7: No, Actually, the most dangerous we've ever seen Connor was him when he won the second belt, he won the one fifty five belt, and he knocked out Eddie Alvarez in that first or second round. It was that is the cleanest combination I've ever seen in my entire life.
Speaker 2: In slow motion.
Speaker 7: It's he like does a pullback when Eddie throws a right hand, he does a pullback and hits him with a four piece. And Eddie doesn't know that he's in the northeast. He thinks he's in another part of the world.
Speaker 1: I want to see it. That thing in Vegas would be fire bro Well, first of all, it needs to be said.
Speaker 7: I haven't fought in Vegas yet, all right, Like I've been signed with the UFC for a year and a half, four fights, and I have now fought.
Speaker 1: In Oh he's got he's got a fade going right there. Yeah right, I guess, yeah, a little bit, but it is a little always got that calm.
Speaker 2: Stance, dude, Yeah he does. He's just about to pick a shot places like out there too. Uh yeah, yeah, he's dangerous in that first round too. He is dangerous.
Speaker 7: Yeah, We're both dangerous in the first round. So I think it'd be an epic first wouldn't be a fun one because I'm gonna be like, let's do this thing.
Speaker 2: Bro. Hey, So you don't feel like you got caught a little bit in the first round, No, oh dude, come on, you drop for a second. Is it like just a huge adrenaline dump, like, oh, get the fuck up? And yeah, yeah, I mean it was. I like that word, adrenaline dump. Adrenalin dump. Yeah.
Speaker 7: No, it's more just, uh, you you get hit with a shot that you don't see coming in a weird spot. My temple up here is sore. I think I got hit in the temple, which obviously messages message your equilibrium up and it's you know, you know which way is up, and you and me, I got this thing where I kind of fall backwards, and luckily I'm able to like kind of spin out of it and get back up, and he wasn't able to completely, uh kind of capitalize on the scenario, and I was able to be like, Okay, I'm freaking fighting a tough dude. This ain't gonna be an easy fight, which actually made me, you know, made me even more happy because I just I wanted to be an indo.
Speaker 2: I wanted to be in a fight.
Speaker 7: Sometimes that distance is hard to negotiate, man, especially when you're fighting a guy who's almost six foot tall, and I'm just like, dude, I just want to get in your face and make this a slug fest, and every ground, everything in me, yeah, everything in me doesn't want to do that. So obviously we got the blast double and he saw stars a couple of times on the ground.
Speaker 2: I cut him up with an elbow.
Speaker 1: My right hand landed a couple of times, so I know right where he hit a guy kind of on that.
Speaker 2: Temple soft spot.
Speaker 1: Whenever you can hold his head and give him a couple of these, and they're like, you got to get it.
Speaker 2: One of these numbers.
Speaker 7: So softened him up a little bit. And then even at the very at the end of the first round, dude, he smacked me in the chest. I smacked him in the chest. He smacked me in the butt. He's bleeding. I'm bleeding.
Speaker 1: People were like, Okay, this is about to be when you like two more rounds of barn burner. When he was when he was on his back, and you like, I think he was like trying to kick you off real quick, and you went up for a second to go back down. There were some driplets that started hitting him on the chest and stump. But and you're like, oh, fuck, dude, So that was my really my nose, oh really, So I don't know if it was.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it was.
Speaker 7: Obviously I had just been in Arizona or five days at that point. I get a bloody nose every time I'm in Arizona.
Speaker 2: He adversity in Arizona. Shout out Arizona, no free shouts. Yeah, but obviously I got hit.
Speaker 7: But also getting hit in the eye right here so close to your your nasal passage too. I think it kind of did something here and that's where the blood started. But it wasn't bleeding while I was on the ground or on the feet. It only happened while I was on the ground. So maybe it was the fact that my head was down and I wasn't standing vertical anymore.
Speaker 2: I really don't know, but it was.
Speaker 7: It was bleeding pretty bad. I was like, dank, dude, whe're that come from? That doesn't look good. So part of it's like, it doesn't look good that you're bleeding. Yeah, look good that you got to probably a shiner. I couldn't see it at that point, but I knew something was going on. I gotta start FFing this dude's face up to even the score. Yeah, start chasing things you.
Speaker 1: Shouldn't be chasing, and luckily you just it's at chess up back. If you punk kick him in the.
Speaker 2: Face, Yeah, you fucking talk about that dude like he almost like low key ended his life.
Speaker 1: I don't know, it's yeah, it's hard, man.
Speaker 7: We see a lot of really bad knockouts on four training this sport, and it was he was out for a while and his legs were crossed, his feet were crossed, and they you know, you kind of get that convulsing where it's like.
Speaker 1: Where your body's just like breathing, but you're not breathing.
Speaker 2: Your body is just like doing it for it itself. He that kind of scar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: It was right there.
Speaker 1: He smacks He's like he smiling, smacks me in the butt. Like so it was, uh that kicks something you said, you like, you're just kind of threw it out of here.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 7: I don't train it a ton, but and it was more of a distance It was more of a distance finder. But I feel like I remember the kick, though a lot of times you don't remember the knockouts.
Speaker 2: You don't remember.
Speaker 7: You're just like I got to see it on replay. But I remember standing in front. I remember him circling this way, and I was like, let's see what happens. And I just and there is no let's see what happens. Gingerly with me.
Speaker 1: I'm just like, let's see what as hard as I could, and uh, yeah, I did it.
Speaker 2: Just landed there and put him on the ground.
Speaker 1: I thought you killed him. Did you have any You must not have had a clue that he was out like.
Speaker 2: That, because you're in about four back, did I did doing the one more thing?
Speaker 1: I'm like, yeah, something up here.
Speaker 7: Yes, there's a lot of people who are like, you shouldn't be celebrating while your opponent's down that number one.
Speaker 1: So you flip them off all he's on the ground.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but honest but honestly, here's here's the thing is, they don't actually let you go over to your opponent anyway. By the way, when someone gets knocked out your corner, if you notice my cornerman morning there, his cornerman moarning there. It was doctors and it was a referee, and it was medical people. They're all surrounding him. And if I tried to come over, I knew they were going to push me away anyway, because for liability reasons. What if I'm a psychopath and he says something about my wife and kids and I wanted to like stomp on his nuts while he was down, like that kind of stuff can happen. So if safeguard, they kind of make a little huddle around him, and I knew I wouldn't have been able to come over. And I'm also not a guy who's gonna I think when dudes come over and start hugging and kissing and doing all that stuff like a good fight. It's like it's more about me than it is about actually how you want to console your opponent. And I always said that I don't like it, or me walking over to him and like getting on my knees and doing this number. I see you guys do.
Speaker 1: I'm just like, you think it's just a I think you're making it more about yourself.
Speaker 2: You are that, so I'm like, but then again, I will show how grace is grace graceful for sure.
Speaker 7: But then again, I guess the flip side of that is if I want to flip my own argument on my head.
Speaker 1: I guess I was making it about me by doing backflips as well.
Speaker 7: But also that's what I would do had I choked them out, had I wanted a great decision or whatever.
Speaker 1: That's just I wanted to do some backflips. I made a decision. I I already have my call out speech ready and I was going to do some backflips. I was going to hopefully five my mind. Yeah it was only four jumps on the cage twice, there was a lot for Yeah, that was a lot of flips. I actually I almost. I tracked down two dudes. The dude I tracked down two dudes.
Speaker 2: His name is Tate.
Speaker 7: I said, hey, do you have Tat's number? I got to get ahold of him and apologize to him. I called him that night, didn't answer, so I wrote him a long text. I was like, dude, I just saw the video. I looked like a huge d bag.
Speaker 2: I was in the moment.
Speaker 1: I am so sorry, and he was so nice, like, dude, are you kidding me? Yeah? For sure, because yeah, because Tates takes.
Speaker 2: One of the best. He's he's been one of the cut.
Speaker 1: Man there, a man that's a big ass cupman in the UFC.
Speaker 7: Now for like a decade, he's seen all of these post fight reactions, crying, jumping, screaming, backflip and cuss and whatever.
Speaker 2: He's seen it all, so he knows that's not me. That's not the dude on the bus right now. That's the psychopath who want to be.
Speaker 1: Held accountable for, you know, for for that funny Really you really stapled, You really fucking brought it into the backflips your thing, it's your thing.
Speaker 7: I'll never do it off the cage again. So I just wanted to do it from from ground to ground. I mean I used to do it in my previous fights all the time. You know, that's what the US have only won twice.
Speaker 2: So I did the one one jump off the cage, which was ill advised and could have broke both my legs. So I'm not gonna do that anymore.
Speaker 7: Yeah that was and did that, you know, And now I do this. So y'all gonna keep on back flipping until the wheels fall off. Maybe the wheels do fall off someday. Andybody's like, he just knocked out Connor and then now he just broke his legs, so I guess we won't see him for a year and a half.
Speaker 2: So in your mind, you're like, I got the backflips down. I got the speech, because I want to talk about the speech, like your speech. Got the speech. Like if there's anything I had for Mike Chandler and my scouting report on something he needed to work on, it's working the microphone. And I feel like that whole thing happened. And Taylor looks back at me, I'm like, oh, yeah, he did that. You you think I need to work on the microphone. On the micro before I'm talking before this fight going, bro, if there's anything you needed to work as getting the mic game up a little bit out loud.
Speaker 1: We were sitting there before we were we were when did I When did I underperform on the microphone? Well, I'll have to go back and check the day.
Speaker 2: You need to go back, and we gave.
Speaker 1: Right now, here's right now. Do you not feel like what you just did on the mic has been your best mic work in your career for sure by far. But but I've only had two mic works.
Speaker 7: Bellatore me was I was never going to get on the mic because I wasn't fighting the best guys in the world.
Speaker 2: I wasn't on the biggest promotion in the world.
Speaker 7: It'd be like it'd be like trying to trying to be the biggest cool dude in the world being a running back for the CFL. You're just like, well, who does this dude think he is? If you really think you're something, go to the UFC, then get on the microphone.
Speaker 1: Michael Taylor doesn't think CFL people should celebrate.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Whatever you get, you get, no, I get I get what you're saying. You're not at the pinnacle you're not at the pretore. Why are you celebrating you're not there yet. Yeah, I get what you're saying, so, but.
Speaker 2: But what will saying.
Speaker 1: I think something could be misconstrued is the you're really nice. Oh that's what you're really a couple. I wouldn't mind it.
Speaker 2: But I like as I'm saying, and You're like, I've only done the micro work twice, and I'm like, yeah, I guess he's right coming into the UFC like knowing, like if you're going to get in the conversation, you got you gotta like do ship because your social media game is changing a little bit.
Speaker 1: You are getting a little chippier, which I love, which I love it.
Speaker 2: I love it, dude, I love it. Like six in the morning about the DS.
Speaker 1: A little Boy or something like that. Oh no, daddy's you know. He was talking about the UFC be and his daddy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bro, I'll tell you what.
Speaker 1: Wro cup and turn my phone. I was like, holy shit out here on a rampage right now.
Speaker 2: I'm just thinking, you gotta be a certain like you got to be the way you were on the mic the other night, and the way your social media game is changing a little bit like, those are the things you gotta do in my head, like if you're like wanting to propel yourself in the conversation. Not like this is Will's case of success, but I'm thinking, like, if you're making noise like you're you are usually like a nice dude, you gotta make noise like you're making now, Like wait, that's why.
Speaker 1: Like a good example of that might have been when Ferguson grabbed his ankle. I grabbed Michael. Yeah, grab Michael real quick. You should have walked away, you know what I'm saying. I like with the Finch, I feel like they were like doing the standoff or whatever you guys got. Yeah, he was pointing, smile at it.
Speaker 2: You knew he was joking though.
Speaker 1: You know what, you know he was selling tickeys over here, baby, we're selling tickets, Grand Michael. Again, that's not what you would they walk off. I liked it. I've told you about this before.
Speaker 2: I like to live between the two extremes.
Speaker 7: You got this psycho path right here that everybody sees on the TV, and then you see the normal me and somewhere in between, you never quite know what you're going to get, Like if if if push comes to show if this dude will show up and heads will roll.
Speaker 1: But for the most part, you know, I want to live kind of in between somewhere, but I know you do. It was incredible you do. I'm talking strictly when you're in this octagon. I don't talking about this, this.
Speaker 7: About I also didn't want to come in with such a with such a loud boys because I hadn't proven myself.
Speaker 2: I think, yes, man, you all are coming up with goods.
Speaker 1: We'll started it well start when I word you first.
Speaker 2: Hit me with it.
Speaker 7: But I but also imagine if I would have came in and I guess I kind of did with hook her a little bit, but like, imagine if this was my first call out or whatever in the UFC, which I did get some crap for the hooker thing at the very beginning because they were like, who's this dude?
Speaker 1: Who does he think he is?
Speaker 7: So I wanted to kind of come in my toe and the water a little bit, proved myself because I think everyone's got to prove theirselves at every level of every endeavor.
Speaker 2: I've proven myself. Now now you can maybe see me, you know, open up the places a little bit. How whatever that means, help him, you know, start calling uself him?
Speaker 8: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Did you recite this?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 1: Were you were you thinking about this speech? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Well I knew I was going to call out both guys in the main event, and I knew I was going to call out Connor because those all made sense and it was honestly true that people can see straight through bs and they can see straight straight through inauthenticity. I truly believe that there's not an M M A fan on the planet who wouldn't want to see me rematch Charles Olavera or Justin Gaechee.
Speaker 2: So just remind him. So you had to remind him.
Speaker 7: And I do think that I had I done this, which I knew I was going to, at least I was manifesting it that I was going to that Connor should be the next guy to.
Speaker 2: Call out, because it just makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 4: If we are happen to have a lapse in judgment, a moment a momentary laughing, you call out these two guys, then you say, if if Dana has the laughs and judgment, there's one dude, Connor McGregor, and everybody's getting fired up look at d.
Speaker 2: They and everybody brog.
Speaker 1: Is it cool?
Speaker 2: Like hearing the obviously it's fucking awesome here in the karate run. But in the beginning of the fight, you heard a lot of Tony Ferguson fans. I did, Yeah, yeah to America Weekend el Ka kouy Mexican descent on single to my weekend too.
Speaker 1: Like that was the other thing that I didn't quite in Arizona there.
Speaker 7: Yeah, country contended, like which I did not quite think about until I got there, and I was like, this might be hostile territory, but win the crowd, Maximus.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you did the crowd and the people will started yelling Tony in the beginning. We're definitely cheering at the end.
Speaker 7: Well, I mean in MMA fans too, and they just they want to see they want to see a show they wanted.
Speaker 1: They like they got their fighters.
Speaker 7: You could not dislike a guy, but you're definitely definitely got a guy that you're most likely going to root for.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, whatever, dude, it's I knew going to the UFC.
Speaker 7: You have to be willing to brave these type of emotional triggers that were gonna happen, like the big loud media and the big a lot of attention, and the crowds are going to be hostile and may or may not be for you or against you.
Speaker 2: Next time, I could be the huge pop.
Speaker 7: I could be fighting whoever and I get I get a bigger pop, and now I'm like, oh shoot, now I definitely got to perform, and it could mess me up even worse than having.
Speaker 2: A bad crowd pop.
Speaker 7: You never quite know until you get in there and you're like, here goes nothing to freaking strap on the gloves.
Speaker 2: I hope it's Vegas.
Speaker 1: I gotta, yeah, I gotta. What do you think about MRI today?
Speaker 7: I had a couple of CT scans and MRIs yesterday, just to like look at some stuff and just make sure I get healthy and see the hyperbaric chamber. The hyperbaric chamber. I did that hyperbar chamber. I'll do that again, maybe maybe this afternoon tomorrow or some I think it's like one hour for forty five days. Yeah, for your brain, for your brain clears of a whole bunch of shit. It's a crazy there's scans they can do. I think there's a place in New York where they take scans of your brains. They can show you where like damages.
Speaker 1: And then it's like a doctor radar. Yeah, and there's like a study where if you do hyperbary chamber forty five days on a certain frequency for just an hour. Yeah, then they show you your pictures the next the next time, and it's supposed to be Yeah, I'm guys. Yeah, Yeah, it's like a clouds.
Speaker 2: It's a clouds. You know.
Speaker 1: There's a spot in Lane.
Speaker 2: I think there's also a spot in Atlanta to where they do those image they do that imaging. Yeah, because that's like forty five days for an hour and apparently clears up the weather.
Speaker 1: Dude, Yeah, I need to clear with the plan obviously at least.
Speaker 2: Actually, yeah, maybe should get on their season. That should be probably the first thing you do for that, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: So do you worry about that stuff at all? Is that like is that a fear of yours?
Speaker 2: Uh? Yeah, I mean, of course a little bit.
Speaker 7: But especially with my fight style, Like I said last time I was here, it's like I can't trust myself. I know who I am when I step inside there, and it's not pussy foot around like let's kind of get into a pint point fight, I'm like, dude, let's let's make.
Speaker 2: Some carnage here.
Speaker 7: And it's a good thing for the promoters, for the fans, for these of you guys watching, and it's good for me sometimes too as an athlete, because sometimes you can break throughs and just go right through them.
Speaker 2: But longevity wise, yeah, but I've also have been well read on a lot of stuff as well.
Speaker 7: Obviously, brain injuries happen, and repeated blows to the head is obviously never a good thing.
Speaker 1: But diet, supplementation, sleep, hyperbaric chamber.
Speaker 7: There's so many things where we talk about, you know, CTE or dementia and all these other things where we're like, Okay, well it's got to because of head injuries, or it could be the fact that you eat way too many refined carb sugars and and all that kind of stuff and is messing with your brain as well. So I think my diet and the way that I treat my body is at least going to buffer against some of that stuff as well. But I definitely think about it because, yeah, being winning a title is great, but man, being able to enjoy my two sons for the rest of their lives is the most important thing. Yeah, and my body is holding up like you know, a couple of little things here. I freaking dislocated my finger twenty minutes before the fight, before the fight, in the warm up.
Speaker 2: Uh so I gotta I just gotta get make sure that's not Does that happen? Just uh No, it was no, it wasn't.
Speaker 1: It wasn't Hill, it wasn't Jason. You messed up.
Speaker 7: Now you almost lost the fight from Mark West Jackson had one of my best friends, and it's been in my corner now for like twenty fights.
Speaker 2: He Uh, it was my idea.
Speaker 7: I was done warming up showgun and osp the fight before me were in like the start in the third round. So I'm walking in like twenty minutes and I'm like, hey, Mark, wez hop up. Throw some left high kicks at me, and I want to hit you to the body because I want to go. I want to go left body liver off the left high kick. He throws a couple, throws a couple, and then I catch one and it just bent these two fingers all the way back and touched the back of my glove and then they went back and I was like, oh, something happened, and I took my thought I wasn't and I took my finger like this, and I went like this, and I touched it because it.
Speaker 2: Didn't hurt, and I was like, oh God. And Henry put his face in his shirt like this, and he's like, what just happened. I was like, I don't know, and like, luckily I went like this and made a fist. I felt to go pop, and I was like and I was able to make a fist. So I had doctor Davison come over, who's the UFC doc, and he like looked at it. He's like, as long as you make a fist, you're good. I can't.
Speaker 1: I can't like fully right now, but at the time he probably could. At the time I could. Yeah, then the swelling happened.
Speaker 7: I'm wearing a size thirteen ring right now, usually wearing a size ten, So it's you know, there's just things that happened. I said, it eight a hand, boys, it's a hammer. We got to keep throwing it. So Jason I was like, Jason, hop up. So I just started throwing punches. I was like, keep the adrenaline going, don't think about it. And then luckily we didn't think about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you think.
Speaker 1: About the boys walking out with you?
Speaker 2: It's a great idea. Here come the.
Speaker 7: We got do we gotta do it up. You gotta fight in Vegas. We're available, big fight in Vegas. Have you guys clear?
Speaker 1: Whatever necessary? If you guys wanted to play a game and that's not a Sunday full wrap and you yeah see, or it'll probably be a Saturday night you just fly back. Yeah, hey, brave, come on.
Speaker 2: Hop on the PGA to vegans so you have a fighter fighting for the belt or McGregor like he wants me to walk to the ring with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, will be like all right, go ahead right will Yeah, for sure and we can do like like February late feb twenty twenty three Vegas fight. Well does that look to you? It could happen. It could happen like that. Do you like that timeline?
Speaker 7: I'm okay, I mean a lot of That's a good break. It's a good break. I'm good to come back this this uh dope winter. He's got winter slash open winter early.
Speaker 2: But I did say that.
Speaker 1: I was like, I actually told Brie that too this this morning.
Speaker 2: I was like, you know, yeah we should January feb would be great man, we go watch the boys play like freaking every home game.
Speaker 1: Let's go travel around.
Speaker 2: Man, say you what if you if you can wait, I'll give you a ticket to every single home game, you and your family. So there's a nice ultrae you heard it here first Yeah, okay, cool, thank you? Okay, wait, let them up pay for it by expense. Here we go, and then February we gotta be Vegas.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'll tell you what. I've fallen in love with Vegas.
Speaker 2: I really enjoy going a good little city, man, is a blast. It is, and if you do it right you can spend a lot of time there exactly. That's the thing.
Speaker 1: You got to be able to do it right the right peo quick way. It's like playing around in quicksand like there's a lot of fun shit. But you one wrong step, wrong step, and you lost everything. You know what I'm saying, everything every you know, you lost everything.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. Life is down the drain. Yeah, and you're you know, things aren't going so well anymore. But I lived there for two and a half years actually really in my career. Yeah, but I lived like you know, twenty twenty five minutes off the strip. So it's when you're just living there, you're just living a normal desert life. It's like you're living in Arizona, except every now and then it's like, Hey, we're doing this thing down on the Strip, which is actually like the biggest hassle ever. It's like, hey, we're going to do this thing down on Broadway, and you're like, you really have to go to Broadway.
Speaker 1: I get that the strip is so much. I mean, when you just go there for three days at a time, it is like the most fun. It's actually a lot of fun. Yeah, and that's you know, you spent a lot of time down there. Man, are you talking about the Strip Vegas?
Speaker 2: When you were in Vegas? No, not at all. Oh really no, Oh you're in business. We were like probably twenty minutes south. Yeah, the boys were down there. But yeah, I feel like, I mean, I've never lived in Arizona, but it feels like the desert. Yeah, there's a lot to do there, like even not not on the strip, Like there's a lot of great food shit like that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, we never Yeah, that's the way like you're getting.
Speaker 7: You're getting all the world renowned chefs and restaurants are at some place. You know, you got red rock cannon up there, like, yeah, officers have sue, so.
Speaker 1: We can walk down with you the next fight. If I get season tickets done, no, actually I uh he said it. I got it right there, that way done and then it's over.
Speaker 7: No, Honestly, the UFC, that's what I do love about them, man, they are They are a cutthroat when it comes to like tickets and like the show that they run and the tight ship that they have. I will say there was was a UFC fight. Oh yeah, well there was no COVID protocols in Arizona. Didn't take one COVID test, which is great. There was, you know, we and have finally have like family and friends and whatnot at the hotel. So obviously by the next time I fight, COVID protocols will be gone a little bit.
Speaker 2: Even more so, Vegas runs real hard, just like Arizona. Yeah, so what do you say somewhere? What I'm saying is, I can't make any promises. But if I had, if I out but a front row seat or something, how about this, We'll just gotta kee. I gotta keep pulling my weight around here in the UFC and the end, we'll listen to keep on making connections.
Speaker 1: We'll do, we'll do. We got to get our the boys are in the stands. I can give you.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 1: Got to be broadcasting with us tonight, be broadcast with the boys. Yeah, you guys gotta be broadcasting live. Yeah, we could do that, but then we wouldn't be at the fight. It is something we should do, like a fight companion type of thing that like Shop does. We were supposed to do that wish shop. But I'll tell you what season tickets for four front row seats. I'm freaking boom and that sounds like a that sounds like a nice deal. That sounds you me and the girls. Right, Well, we five front row seats, then we'll have like a real UFC fight back here from wherever wants to go.
Speaker 2: Okay, I win. I got a videotape, pay per view, yeah, sell pay per view. Okay, we can uh, we'll talk about that lost be pulling out the gun gun in the bad California. Nobody moved too fast, all right, nobody moves.
Speaker 1: Start California, stand up dude. But yeah, it was awesome, man, I'm we're so fucking stoked for you.
Speaker 2: We're just fans.
Speaker 7: Fans of you guys, and I'm fans of the boys and the bus and I'm freaking pumped to be here. This is I mean, I I gotta go on the bus every after every fight, just a thing, manire up.
Speaker 2: You know, it's like a little black eye. I've gone to the point of you like getting in your fights and ship. It brings me back like memories of Cody going out on the wrestling mane and like the first state title or something like that.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean. It's like you just get.
Speaker 2: Those fucking I don't know, you get like a little nervous. Yeah, I mean it kind of like leaning and ship. You're yelling at the fucking yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 7: It's like nothing else. Man, It's it's kind of it's really cool. I'm very happy that it is my career path. It's and it's and I'm very happy that I've been able to do it for this long. Man, When you're thirty six and you'll be doing for almost fourteen years August, it'll be fourteen.
Speaker 2: Years to be where I'm at now. Arguably, like I guess, in the best spot I've ever been in my entire career. It just keeps going and you just keep going to the wheels fall off, yeah, or right before the wheels fall off, because you don't really want wheels fall off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, happy, Well just happen. Yeah, I'm fired up. Yeah, they have a good tear talk. Should we do the tear tog?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Shit there real quick.
Speaker 1: Revitalite it is an advanced rehydration solution designed to replenish vital fluids and minerals. It's powered by the same electrolyte formula found in the baby aisle, but with an improved taste and texture more appealing to adults. Revitalite is conveniently sold next to beer, wine and liquor, so when you shop like an adult, you can also hydrate responsibly. Barstool Black label berry frost flavor. But pro tip here just a quick one drink half at night and the other half in the morning for optimum results. Pick up your Revitalite black label today in stores, are online that Barstool the Barstool store, and tweet us, tweet at us or tag at drink Revitalate in your morning after stories.
Speaker 2: Our tier talk that you're going to be a part of with us tier's best trophies. Shoot, in sports, there's a tier one, a Tier two, a tier three, So your rank what you feel are the best trophies you could acquire in all of professional And I was.
Speaker 1: Thinking about you making a little change, and I want you to know a little brainstorm right here. Okay, what if we start tier three and go up to tier one where there's a little more anticipation.
Speaker 2: You guys like that, like that? Okay, cool, cool, cool, I'll take that.
Speaker 1: You're not limited to.
Speaker 2: The lit man, I'm I'm not limited.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we gotta say that again. Is this not limited to the list?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Is there something you're thinking of that's not on there? You can say that?
Speaker 2: All right, I got one?
Speaker 1: Okay, so tier what's your Tier three? If your third best your bronze? Yeah, hang on thet what do we have here?
Speaker 2: Dan?
Speaker 7: This is hard because I'm I'm I'm a homer for the individual sports, so I'm gonna have to.
Speaker 2: Go Okay, Okay, the bottom the bottom right middle is the World Cup? Yeah, above it? Yeah, because he goes so like it's basically like this is like first second m VP of the league, give me your give me your third place.
Speaker 1: Then your second place and your first play place. Yeah, individual for a team sport.
Speaker 2: But so would let me ask a question, would the gold jacket for Hall of Fame be included?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Absolutely, I think it's any major accolade in sports, music.
Speaker 2: Trophy, like a belt's not a trophy.
Speaker 1: But you know, whatever you want. So I'm gonna I go first. Yeah, you're gonna go first. So my third, I'm going with the uh, the golf Master's jacket.
Speaker 7: Because I think there's a lot of similarities between golf and mixed mart and mixed martial arts or wrestling like individuals.
Speaker 2: Okay, like just give it as flowers and don't mention equally physical run.
Speaker 1: I think there's a lot of want to give you. I want to keep better on the mic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pr Willy over here, all right? Uh? And then uh, you know right hey, And then actually I'm gonna change my tune.
Speaker 7: I'm going World Cup as the silver because I think as much as we love our American sports, that's a global that is the global.
Speaker 1: It's very progressive.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Well, but I don't care. I don't care about not Missouri all your fans like it. I'm just I'm just saying you're talking about just got soccer like two years ago. Millions of people.
Speaker 2: Compare to like billions the ball people are watching you win the World Cup like that's football somewhere else and the number one number while going to UFC lightweight belt.
Speaker 1: Duh, of course you are. That's a that's a decent one. It always goes like that always does go left right, dude, p R Willie. But I don't. I want to go something. I need to know. I need a little bit more time to one game shoot or no shoe.
Speaker 2: We always do this.
Speaker 1: Why change what's great?
Speaker 2: Because I still I still want to think a little bit more of mine, like I feel like I don't have mine yet.
Speaker 1: That's the only reason you already was coming. How do you need to think about it more?
Speaker 2: Because I see more stuff than they add, and they're adding like a couple more individual things where I feel like there would be a good argument.
Speaker 1: My heart's we're doing just trophies Mar's foundings. I wasn't ready. What about to hear everybody say what about that hamlet? People still this one, but from now on?
Speaker 7: But can we add the hammer thing that we went in Nebraska, that hammer, the big hammer thing, the hammer thing that you wanted Nebraska hammer downslice.
Speaker 2: Hammer thing that you have at your your house, Michael.
Speaker 1: That's from that's for a Titans award like that was like it wasn't the rest.
Speaker 2: No, Well, that might be in your tier list. Hold on, they don't. It might be in the hammer for all right. My my number three.
Speaker 1: Is gonna go to a friend of mine, someone who visited recently, and that is Lord Stanley. The Stanley Cup my number three. Yeah, I think, uh, I think that's lower than I thought that you would have it. I think it's the coolest trophy. I really do think it's the coolest looking trophy. I love the fact that all the names were on it, and history just history after history as your history, and it's just pretty unbelievable. So Lord Stanley goes too. Now I'm gonna be a little homer with you also on this one as well, light in the audience. I'm gonna have to go with the Lombardi Trophy as my tier two, the second best trophy you can ever acquire in your entire life. It's a profession of mine. It's the thing I've been chasing since I've decided that football is my dream. But my Tier one is the greatest trophy of all time, and that is on November twelfth, when Michigan and Nebraska fight for the Busting Coal, the most electric, amazing trophy anyone will ever witness in their entire life. My heart was counting, Oh man, oh dude, I'm just trying to get that out. I wasn't even thinking about that really, ye let me go to let me go.
Speaker 2: Last I was like, I'm.
Speaker 1: Sweating a little bit. You got a real uh you got a real like Burt Kreischer delivery on your crasher.
Speaker 2: Like that. I'm gonna start doing mine like that. You're like, here's the real sleeper here. Yeah, it's a bit of a sleep. I go.
Speaker 8: Oh.
Speaker 2: The week right after, man, that's a good fucking pool. I feel like it should.
Speaker 1: It rattled me a little bit.
Speaker 2: We don't care.
Speaker 1: Rattled dude, don't dick red all right? I think.
Speaker 2: I think my number three man, it means dude, hey man, you can. You're subject to change.
Speaker 1: I know my hear talk last week with uh my sides, I would change those now sids would be changing too well. I think it's your turn to talk. I love more time. I know you are tell me about that.
Speaker 2: I would say my number three, I love the busting ballpool. I feel like, you know what, I'm not gonna go with that. I'm not gonna go with that.
Speaker 1: Is this like what I would want to win personally?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I'm sorry, excited, Like there's a lot of great awards out there. When you need me, I would say my number three would be the Master's Green Jacket. I think it would be pretty iconic. I'll win the Master's Green Jacket.
Speaker 1: I really do.
Speaker 2: Like I'm not, no, I'm not a golfer, but I feel like the mystique of it. Every time it's presented, it feels like you're in some some club forever, like it's a fraternity forever. Like I know, the heisman is like I know, the Hall of Fame is like I fact, those are cool, but hall of Fame. You don't get that jacket too. You're old to your oldest fuck you know what I mean. And the green jacket you win it like you're gonna get that thing put on you and I love have you go more. Just give you the first bat hall of Fame and you get a five years after you retire.
Speaker 1: That's true, You're right. I could Yeah, no, I guess I'm looking at Joe Thomas will have it and you're sure. But you're you're hanging out with a lot of like you know, old guys, you.
Speaker 8: Know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't living party, you know, not about that right right.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to like get that green jacket, and you're just ready to you're ready to get after it with the boys, Like, hey, I'm in here now, my number two.
Speaker 1: I'm going to say he is.
Speaker 2: The uh being the champion in the UFC, being a UFC champion because you're the baddest man on the plane.
Speaker 1: You're an eye guy right now. Oh yeah, for sure, that's true. Doing Uh you're the baddest man on the planet. And I think that that is like steal Team six.
Speaker 2: That would be so fucking dope to like have that title like you're on the baddest like the heavyweight champion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you're good, like you can move well, heavyweight champion.
Speaker 2: Like like not like some I'm saying John Lesler is going to be the champion, but like a John Jones who could be a light heavyweight, he can be at heavyweight, Like you're the baddest man on the fuck yeah, he's got some ben he's a little lean yeah, lesser two like because but yes, yeah. The reason that that is not my number one, or like a boxing heavyweight championship is not my number one.
Speaker 1: Is because it's so fluid, like it can.
Speaker 2: It's not a forever thing, like yeah, you were the champion at one point in time, but it's extremely fluid. It's kind of not forgotten about, but you don't. It's always moving. This is why my number one is the Lombardi Trophy. I feel like if you win the Lombardi Trophy and you hoist the fucking Lombardy like the documentaries and stuff like on NFL films, NFL Network again, like the mystique of it, like you're ingrained as the champion the greatest football team in the world. I get that moment of time and it can't be taken away from you. Wow, Because I think the Lombardi would be the sickest. I think Lombardi would be the dose, the dopest, the hype with your boys because you only get like now it's seventeen opportunities.
Speaker 1: It was sixteen, but then you got the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Like it's a sport that like demands shit all year round, and if you win with the fucking boys, like all the grind Like think of all the times where you're like up and down with either the head coach or position coach, yourself with the boys around you, and you're just in the fucking gutter for a long period of time. And then you get to the playoffs and you win and you stack that momentum, and then you go to fucking the super Bowl two weeks ahead of time, and you're like, yo, I'm in this fucking moment.
Speaker 1: You think you think about it, You think you like admire the fact that you're there, or is it like I have business stick care of I think a little bit of both. I think if you like you, I think you'd be a lot business.
Speaker 2: But you also like got to appreciate like being there, Like here and Tom Brady talk about his day like he's won so many that he gets to like, I feel like he has like a every time, yes, versus like being there for the first time. But I do think it's like you win that fucking trophy, dude, and you win the super Bowl. Everybody in the world's watching on that day, and you hoist that thing up like you got that trophy, and you're known as like that year of champion forever, and you'll get like documentaries made about you or about you and the team and you and the boys as something that you guys will go and have parties about.
Speaker 1: So I think Lombard's number one. I like that Lombardy. The thing to the gold medal is huge, The World Series is huge, Grammy Oscar, those are all things too.
Speaker 2: Those will be cool, Those would be cool.
Speaker 1: They they are they they neither? What's that?
Speaker 6: There's a ring that comes with that Lombardy too, that's on your hair slow motion like confetti's falling down, and I'm just like like you're just like yeah, yeah, Tom doing.
Speaker 1: It like all of that ship. We fucking greatest feeling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're just holding in the whole world's watch, the.
Speaker 1: Whole world's washing.
Speaker 2: I feel like it's gotta be like the greatest like feeling for several days and a month, like I don't know, best feeling forever.
Speaker 1: You look back and you're like, damn, and it's one of those things like even if you played bad, like the stats don't matter in that game. It's all like it's all we could like close the book on like we fucking did it. Yeah, everyone talks about thirty two. Teams talk about it every single year. They have a picture of it in their team meeting room. They say, boys, right there, that's the goal, that's the be all and all. When you want to be Yeah, if you're like, if you're on the Titans, able talks, I've had three of those things. Yeah, if you're if you're in the Patriots, They've had a billion of those things. It's just one thing.
Speaker 2: Still trying to moment, still trying to me that what's so great, Like we gotta fucking get back there.
Speaker 1: The greatest I think the Lombardy would be is numero. You know, I can't believe the bust and Bowl didn't even make your tear.
Speaker 2: I know I was thinking about it, you know, I was like thinking selfishly a little bit more like I'm thinking, man, I wouldn't get to I don't get to play.
Speaker 1: For the bust and Bowl on that part of it, Yeah, where is the bust and Bowl?
Speaker 2: This year?
Speaker 1: November twelfth, It'll be an Antarburm, Michigan. And then is it next year in Nebraska? And then yeah they're playing the next year they're playing the next eight years in a row. Yeah, but do they football each year? Like I believe that they should. Yeah, hope you should.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Michigan does. At Michigan have one of the biggest stadiums in the Yeah, v they're like not one of the biggest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the big house, dude, it's just the what is it hundred the biggest I played? It was one hundred and sixteen, wasn't. Yeah, it's monster, bro monster weirdly quiet for how many people are in there though. Yeah, I mean it's so weird weirdly quiet that it's not quiet, like you know, it's not it's not quite.
Speaker 2: It's still a loud stadium.
Speaker 1: But like Penn State, what I hear, uh, Tennessee is like Nebraska, those teams like you go there and you're like, I can't fucking I'm yelling at you. I'm mouthing things to you and you can't hear what I'm saying. Yeah, there's NFL stadium that are allowed to like Kansas City game. Oh my, he's seeing the playoffs and the Home of the Chief here's like that was my first NFL game ever.
Speaker 2: And no one told me.
Speaker 1: Making like a big college atmosphere.
Speaker 2: Oh, you really do, and they're yelling at you, screaming at you.
Speaker 1: Baltimore Playoffs Divisional game against Baltimore, lights start flickering. People have start going crazy. Lamar Jackson is gonna win the.
Speaker 2: MVP that year because it's so loud and their lights are flickering because they're doing like a with music type of thing.
Speaker 1: It's electric. It's absolutely electric in that stadium.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're you're pacing your line paste back and forth that you're pacing back and forth.
Speaker 1: Playoff hype, dude, playoff hype is the dope Philly too. There's no better feeling than playoffs cause you feel like there's like there's no other option than winning. Like you don't even think about the thought of losing.
Speaker 2: We'll think about what you guys just talked about, the trophy and winning the super Bowl, like you know, obviously that's the those couple of games in the playoffs, that's what you're fighting for at that point, that's what you're now. It's like who was dude?
Speaker 7: Yeah, takes it all to the next level where it's like all right, boys, and now it's do or die. Now we're one of the chosen few. Yeah, Now next week we want to be the Yeah, that's when it's fun. Yeah, bro, it's a it's always fun.
Speaker 2: But when those games matter, like December and you're going you're winning and getting in and stuff like that, like football.
Speaker 1: Is fucking awesome.
Speaker 2: I know it's it actually sucks. Whenever the season's over. You're like, for me as a fan, like what would I do now?
Speaker 1: I was gonna say as a fan, it definitely sucks when the season's over. As a player, it's like, thank god this season.
Speaker 2: You guys are like thank god.
Speaker 1: It depends on how the season goes, right, if like you're not gonna make the playoffs, Like when you're in those years where it's like we're not gonna make the playoffs. Boys, it's the beginning of December, and you know it, it's like, git me the funk out of here, dude, this is an awful schedule going to be like right, yeah, when you're in it. When you're in it, like this year being the number one scene, number one scene, and you're like thinking like, oh, we gotta we got to buy a week. We're about to fucking put hands on whoever. And then we watched that week and you're watching it's either neither Raiders or the Bengals. Okay, they're duking it out, and you're I'm sitting there watching it will in my head, I'm like, I'm watching these teams, but I'm like not watching to watch the game. I'm watching, like what are they Like, who's a better matchup for us?
Speaker 8: Who? You know?
Speaker 1: All that stuff, And you get in that week and there's no wavering on the fact that there's a chance you're gonna lose. Everyone's just like, Oh, there's We're gonna fucking win this game by a billion if we can. In the first play of the game is interception. You're like, oh, that's not what But then our defense, that's so such a great job. But evenhen we threw that interception, we went off on the sidelines, it doesn't matter, right like we spotted the we spotted the cold fourteen point man.
Speaker 2: I mean even the year before when we were playing Baltimore and it's like, I didn't think we were still losing a game until we're in the middle of the fourth quarter.
Speaker 1: It's like, Hey, we gotta score a fucking touchdown, right right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, It's just wild, dude. It's a while in because you don't know if you're ever going to get back, Like if you're a wider and you're in it, like and you're an elite guy, like you'll be in the mix.
Speaker 1: You get the belt, you might lose the belt, like you're in the mix.
Speaker 2: Like when you're playing football, bro, Like I've been in years and I've only been in the playoffs twice and I was done the first round both. I was done in the first one both times. So it's like you just never know if you're gonna get back. No matter how good your team is. The roster changes that year that next year, so.
Speaker 1: You're like, even though you're the mayor, everybody else, teams are getting better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like all of a sudden, the AFC starting, AFC West starting steroids this year, You're like, oh, fuck, what's.
Speaker 1: Gonna we have to play that. I don't know if you're gonna be back.
Speaker 2: So like when you're in the playoffs, you're like, Yo, this is our fucking moment, Like we got the boys for this year, Like you got your you got all your players, this person is in their prime, Like this is our shot to like make the runner the super Bowl, this is it. Get it.
Speaker 1: And then you go in to next year, and you're like, like the confidence is still there because you've done it before, even the playoffs, but like nothing's guaranteed.
Speaker 2: To you anymore.
Speaker 7: Oh well yeah, like you said, you know, everything changes a little bit every year. But but the culture too, as you as you keep building that culture, you guys one two, Like in the NFL, not necessarily expected, but it's almost becoming like how we expected? Yeah, you got the main the main guys. I'm like, what's exciting?
Speaker 1: I know? Well, like I've been I've been playing off four times, and it's just like I'm just lucky because I played on a team that's been able to make the playoffs four times. Like it's can I just get lucky in those situations? And the cool thing about the NFL is every single week there's no like we can we can drop one basketball, he can drop one baseball, drop a couple who cares, Hey, long season? Boys like you drop one You're like, okay, we're oh in one, all right, what do we do now? We have to get back on track? One on one, we're just five hundred. Now we have to win this game one and two, Like oh fuck, oh, we're in a must win situation. We're in a must win situation. One in three. A quarter of the season is done one in three, and you just fight and fight and fight and fight. When can your season be over? For these teams who have.
Speaker 7: Lost a couple It depends, but you're talking about mathematicomatically, when are you definitely not making the playoffs?
Speaker 1: You could be looking at you be looking late November and being like Alex over because you.
Speaker 2: Could have an insane division like the a f C No with the Niners, NFC West my fault the NFC West last year where it's like the Arizona Cardinals, the Niners, fucking the Rams, Hawks and the Rams and they're all they all have like good records, right, Everyone's like that's the best division of football.
Speaker 1: Like three teams can make the playoffs.
Speaker 2: But then you got like the NFC East where it's the Redskins, Eagles, Uh Dallas and the Giants and everybody's like not playing that well and like one team, one team can get into the playoffs, but everybody's kind of like five hundred. So it kind of just depends on how your divisions did exactly. We're just like juicing them up about ball. I'm getting more and more into it, you know, you know it's a little sleeper league right now is AFC North with Bengals, Browns, Baltimore and who's that last one in there?
Speaker 1: The Steelers, like you used to be Steelers running that forever, like you don't know now Ben roth Burger's kind of gone, but that Deshaun Watson just went to a f C AFC North angles do the a f C. You know what I'm saying, the SEC show, low key, No, don't sleep on the NFC. Now, I'm not saying anything. I'm just saying a lot of good players went to certain areas and they're all looking really fucking good, like a blood blood bath out there, a lot of good football coming. I was looking, I was looking at the schedule. Somebody sent me the schedule a couple of hours early, and I'm looking at that, and Will and I were playing the game like conservatively, what do we think and we start, okay, let's just say we split with this team. Let's just say this happens, and we're you're then you start playing the numbers game with yourself when we end up at Super Bowl Champs eleven and six, I think. So that was like that was like a trying to be conservative, but we.
Speaker 2: Will be eleven and six.
Speaker 1: It's like so cocky to say, like his perfect example is last year we win the we win the a f C or went number one a f C uh and go to the playoffs, but you lose to the Jets, which no disrespect to the Jets, but wasn't a great year for the Jets. We should have beaten that team handedly because we were a better team. Right then, you know what I'm saying, You drop, You just drop some games. You're like, what are we what are we doing?
Speaker 2: You know, Titans, Titans. It happened, and that's football. It's didn't given fucking Sunday.
Speaker 1: No question, dude. It's really like that. They're like, oh, I can't believe you guys lost this team. It's like they're paid. Yeah, dudes made plays. Dudes were paid.
Speaker 2: I mean last year because when we got our asses whooped by the Chiefs and then yeah it was your first game there, right, yeah, Chiefs were my first game there.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, he's talking about when he went to the Raiders. When I went to the Raiders.
Speaker 2: The Chiefs, they just absolutely mopped the floor with us, and we held them down non consensual. We pull off the game against the Browns, and then we go at Indy, and Indy at that point in time was like the team that was fucking rolling, like Johnathan Taylor had figured it out, like he's crushing it like fantasy football all but like they had found their identity. It's like, oh, there's no way, like we're gonna go in and beat fucking Indy at Indy and then which.
Speaker 1: Which is one of the weirdest stadiums to play at, right, and then you end up beating Indy, so you just never know. And then then the Colts drop like a few games and don't even make the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they lost to the Jags. There was a winning get in against the Jags last game of the year, and they lost lost to the Jags. The Jaguars, but the Jaguars Wars also beat the Bills, who were I don't know, a coin flip away from going to the Super Bowl. You're just fucking crazy. They beat them nine to three. The most insane offense ever with Josh Allen and the Boys crazy Stefan Diggs. We got to play them week three, Week two, Week two, we go Giants, Uh them the Bills, and then we go Raiders. Then who's after that, the team formerly known as the Redskins. No, that's WEE five Indianapolis.
Speaker 2: Then them the Commanders, Yeah, the Commanders, because you play the whole NFC East, We played the whole NFC West, the Bengals, pat the Packers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a it's a gruly schedule. But if you look the schedule, like, damn, that's a that's a pretty heavy schedule. And at the same time, like you look at like strength of schedule because of like how teams fared last year, we're like towards the bottom of like win percentage.
Speaker 2: I know, you look at any NFL schedules like, oh man, it's gonna be a tough scal but you look at you look at based.
Speaker 1: On twenty twenty one, like preseason. Yeah, the last whatever the last season was. But the Raiders got a whole lot better. The the Broncos totally changed their entire team. Chargers totally changed their entire team, and they were a player they were about to be in the playoffs last year. Jaguars. Jaguars are a team that any moment can be good. Any moment Jaguars, Yes, I'm telling you, dude, the the AFC SAL is a sneaky competitive division. Could be a set vision division. My Buddyho's lived in Jacksonville his entire life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like, man, it's the hardest thing.
Speaker 1: I got players over there, dude, They've got dudes. You gotta be like, okay, all right, what are we gone about this guy?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. Uh, Cowboys always good. They fucking ro you know, Dak Presh gotos for a billion yards every single year. But they also got rid of Amari Cooper?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Who went to the Browns? Who we play this year? When do we play the Browns? December twenty fourth?
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: New Year's Eve? Or do you guys play the Browns? I thought we played the Browns this year. No, it doesn't look like it. You got the Bengals, Yeah, we play the Bengals to the BROWNSD Bengals.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, and you look at this from a d N like if you're a player, you look at it from your standpoint. Okay, who am I playing against? Week one? Who are playing the Giants? Keevon Thimbodeau fifth overall pick. That's the worst type of dude you want to play because I have no idea what the fuck he does?
Speaker 2: I have no idea.
Speaker 1: You're playing week one, he's gonna have thirty five snaps of preseason film on there. Yeah, and you're like, okay, I hope I can. And he's high on that that first game, Like right, yeah, he's notign in the first game. He's a rookie, Like you don't know, Like, dudes, is that a good Is that usually a good thing with a talent?
Speaker 7: Like yeah, to play a rookie, You want to play a rookie in the first year, he's gonna come out firing.
Speaker 1: You want to play a rookie like three four games in really, because then you have enough film to know what they're gonna doka. I thinkyone can beat you if you don't know. It's like you go into a fight without knowing how the fuck this person fights. You know what I'm saying. I'm just trying to figure that out. Next game after that is who.
Speaker 2: The uh the Bills?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have Von Miller, uh, Mario Addison. I think Jerry Hughes is still there. He may or may not be any He had the conversation before Raiders. We don't have to talk about it circle That motherfucker right there, Chandler Jones. You know what I'm saying. When from the Cardinals, Nurse and the Raiders, the boy keep following me around Colts Janickin Dockway was a pro bowler at the Jaguars, like these are studs coming out Washington Commanders. What's buddy Chase Young from from Ohio State and sweat the whole D line. The whole line are first round picks. So from a from a d Lions standpoint, that's hard by a week. Colts once again, Janick and Dockway Texans. Who's that kid's name?
Speaker 2: Josh Martin?
Speaker 1: No, Jacob j Martin quick fast does a good swipe? Dislike Johnny you signed with Houston? Yeah, okay, that's what I thought. Jerry here is another sleeper player because he doesn't play the run. And so now you had a fucking low key pass.
Speaker 2: Would you do something where you like you have the video guy, bring up like college film from the most recent thing.
Speaker 1: I'll have all have college film? Okon Chiefs, Frank Clark, Chris Jones, Stud's uh Broncos, Bradley Chub stud Packers, Darius Brother, Zadarius Smith, and Preston Smith. But I think Zadarius is gone now right, Oh yeah, I think so. Preston Smith. And then the kid from Michigan who was a first round pick Stud's Bengals, Trey Hendrickson white Boy Stud Eagles first round pick from Tennessee, what is his name? Derek Barnett Stud Jaguars, Josh Allen and the new Kavon Walker kid from from Georgia Stud Arger's Khalil mack Bosa Studs. You got uh, Then you go Houston again. You know, Cowboys? Is your boy still there? He didn't, he's matter of fact, I think he's with the Broncos. Okay, Randy Green Gray with the Broncos. Stud cowboy Boys, Who's what's what's Yeah, Lawrence DeMarcus, Lawrence de Marcus, Lawrence has been there and they picked up somebody allegedly stud And then you go back to the Jags like that is a from a Dan standpoint, that's a fucking that's a schedule.
Speaker 2: Now it's a good schedule.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good baby, let's go just just getting freaking.
Speaker 2: You want to see what kinds of offenses you're playing, Like it's like, oh funk. They like to they like to throw the ball around a lot. That just spread it out. They have to throw the running back a lot. You like how these for me?
Speaker 1: I like how this is spaced out, the schedule, how it looks though.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 1: You got some back end games you're proud of. You hope you can kind of pull off you got the beginning. The beginning is a tough little start, you know, I know, we open up it's like a minus six and a half. What's that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Week six, but I can kick fucking rocks. Week six byes fucking tough, especially with the longer schedule. Now, it's just in the middle of October, which is a big deal for Uspatober, Let's.
Speaker 2: Just hope the boys are rolling. Let's just hope the boys are rolling undefeated. Yeah, get a good bye week Inspectober.
Speaker 1: Because the Colts are gonna be legit as always. They're they're such They're like, that's a team that's like, they're a team like us where you could lose a bunch of guys and they'll still be good. Like we set a record for most injuries in the NFL this year and we still want won games. Like Frank Wright what he does really, I don't know him personally, but I respect the shit of him as a coach. Yeah, he's a stud. That's a perennial, tough, tough team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the boys are getting some love though for prime time games. The only thing that does suck is that early bye week. Early by week is always take kicker, dude, you want that by away? What you got?
Speaker 1: Ten ten straight games till eleven, eleven straight games till.
Speaker 2: The playoffs twelve?
Speaker 1: Week six? Right, there's seventeen games now five. It's just got worse and worse in forty five seconds, you know what I'm saying? Twelve straight games games. If it would have been the earliest you could have a buy, I'm pretty sure it's week six.
Speaker 2: It would have been two years ago that you guys would have to buy a week four because week four was a first by Oh I've had that before too. I've had that Week four buy.
Speaker 1: It's the hardest and you're kind of like, what are we doing?
Speaker 2: I kind of feel fine.
Speaker 1: I guess the only thing that's good is I guess hopefully the weather breaks this week, so it's that was hot outside.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It's a grinder, dude, It's a grinder. Imagine, but it's such a and it's a crazy different sport. You and I play, well, the three of us play.
Speaker 2: It's like.
Speaker 1: It's like you're you're fighting, you're chilling, and then you're like, all right, when do you start training? And how how much time are you going to take before you're like, legit, training ten weeks before fight?
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, I mean I'll I'll stay I basically just stay in shape. You stay ready.
Speaker 7: I know you're ready to stay in shape, especially now in the UFC there's so many more options like it. You know, they could have a title fight a month and a half from now, to fight three months from now, and all of a sudden someone gets hurt and like, well, hey, I'll do it. But more than anything, I just like to stay in shape. But it's not beating my body. I'm not sparring. I'm not doing a ton of grappling and wrestling all these things that gona hurt my boy. I'm strength the conditioning, trying to become a better athlete, like getting pounded on and then taking maybe a day off and then getting into straight into.
Speaker 2: It the next day.
Speaker 1: Like you you do fucking grind. That boy does grind. Yeah, I try to grind too. Appreciate you coming on, dude,