Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe Getty, arm Strong and Gatty and He Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 2: Investigators say they discovered a notebook and nine millimeter handgun in Mangioni's backpack, key evidence his defense team is asking the court to suppress. They argue police did not have a search warrant and failed to read Mangioni his Miranda rights.
Speaker 3: This could make or break the prosecutions case.
Speaker 1: It completes the picture of what was.
Speaker 2: Going on in Mangioni's mind.
Speaker 4: I thought that was pretty interesting when I learned that yesterday the cases started with the good looking, eyebrowed scumbag murderer being charged with killing that United Healthcare worker just murdered him in cold bud shot him in the back.
Speaker 1: Awful, awful story.
Speaker 4: But I thought it was interesting that maybe they didn't cross their t's and dot their eyes in terms of following legal protocol getting some of the evidence.
Speaker 1: I don't know, you know, we'll have to see.
Speaker 5: The defense always claims that they try to get everything tossed out.
Speaker 4: Sure, the fact that the media went along with the here he is smiling in court, showing the good looking kid all dressed up nice and neat, looking like a model, smiling in the courtroom. I saw that on every freaking newscast I watched, way to build him into a folk hero.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's disgusting.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to puzzle out what's behind people's and the people who are fans and you know, contributing to his legal defense and idolizing the guy. And because he murdered a young dad, now you might be really unhappy with the state of American healthcare and health insurance. I am, But to then make the leap that therefore murdering somebody's fine to get attention to the to the issue because that's more or less the argument that's being made, or this guy was complicit in it, therefore dot. I just think it's that so many people live so much of their lives online they've forgotten what real human beings are. In a way, they see everybody as just an icon or a video or a series of posts online. They've lost their sense of their fellow humans, humanity.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I became aware of this a long time ago, as we are minor celebrities that when people say incredibly awful things on the text line or Twitter or whatever. I realize that they don't see me as an actual human being. I'm like a TV show or something, and you know, just take it that way, because I know I do that with celebrities and I'm not proud of it, but I, you know, make comments about their lives, fashion choices, or you know, surgeries they've gotten on their faces or whatever is if they aren't actual human beings with feelings.
Speaker 1: And needs and desires and everything like that. And so I think you're right.
Speaker 4: I think this has just grown to include like practically everybody is just an actor in a play as opposed to an actual human being.
Speaker 5: So you're you're like indicating directionally what you think. You if you want to make clear that you think American health insurance and our system is screwed up, you say hooray for the murder of this young man, because that indicates I am against the current state of things. Forgetting that to encourage murder is just horrific. Where does it end? Genius?
Speaker 4: I hadn't seen the video in a while, and when they showed you know, portions of it yesterday and the newscast because the trial started it.
Speaker 1: Oh as really reminded.
Speaker 4: How horrible it is that dude just walking down the street and this young scumbag hit him in the back and he goes to his knees dies there in the sidewalk.
Speaker 1: It's just horrible, horrible.
Speaker 5: And then you factor in the fact that a lot of the appeal of Luigi.
Speaker 1: Is the fact that he's handsome. What the freak is wrong with you?
Speaker 5: Well, and he didn't have any any interactions with United Healthcare, so it was just like a generalized insurance is a problem, So I'm going to find somebody in the industry and murder them. He didn't have a problems with anything. He went to a super expensive grade school, middle school, high school, went to what ivy league college.
Speaker 1: He's been rich his entire life. He's one of those type of people.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, he had a lot of He had some pretty serious back issues and back pain, a lot of medical treatment, So I could believe he had a gripe about our medical system.
Speaker 1: But again, that doesn't even enter into it. I don't know, so I think I said this during the commercials. I think I honestly believe this.
Speaker 4: Anybody who's out there in support of the dude because he's so handsome, needs to be put in jail because they're that stupid. They're a danger to society. A stupid jail, a stupid person jail.
Speaker 5: It could be pretty nice. It could be like the place they got Gallayne Maxwell. It doesn't have to be hardcore. But you gotta be away from the public. If you're supporting this guy because of his eyebrows. Yeah, you should not be in the public, a stupid denterie. If you will. Uh yeah, I don't know. I just deny them the vote. That's enough for me. I'm a kind and merciful man. Just don't let them vote ever again. All right, weird.
Speaker 4: Editorial decision though by all the news people to here he is smiling in the courtroom.
Speaker 1: Okay, what is that? What are you trying to think? They get everybody that way.
Speaker 5: They get the fans and the people who understand that murder is a bad thing, which apparently we need to remind people of.
Speaker 4: Coming up bottom of the hour, I want to talk about your p doom? What's your p doom? That's a common term of art around the whole. AI is going to destroy us all things, and I got some interesting information for you.
Speaker 5: Our friends at Omaha Steaks have a great deal for you right now. Fifty percent off sitewide. It's their Sizzle all the way sale. Jack and I have both been given Omaha Steaks to people we care about, including our dads, for years and years. The quality is fantastic, the selection is terrific, and it's just great to have high quality steaks and burgers and dogs and apple tartlets and everything in your freezer ready to go anytime again. Fifty percent off site wide, and you good folks get an extra thirty five dollars off with the promo code Armstrong if you use that at checkout.
Speaker 1: Wow, wait a second.
Speaker 4: Just for using the code Armstrong, our listeners get an extra thirty five dollars off.
Speaker 1: Holy cow, and every.
Speaker 5: Bite of Omaha Steaks is backed by their one hundred percent guarantee. Right now perfect time to save on delicious holiday gifts and holiday hosting favorites. Big say big on gourmet gifts and more holiday favorites with Omaha Stakes. Visit Omaha Steaks dot com fifty percent off. Let's use that code Armstrong at checkout for an extra thirty five bucks off. Terms blicy sites for details at Omaha Steakes dot com.
Speaker 1: The code is armstrong.
Speaker 4: So open the show asking the question, how do these economic numbers all fit together? Where you've got more people not making their car payment than in many, many, many years, more people maxed out on their credit cards, people falling behind on their student loans, people saying they're one months ran away from being poor. Blah blah blah blah blah. Right direction, wrong direction for their own personal economy.
Speaker 1: Horrible. Yet we had a huge Black Friday weekend.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to figure that out and everybody else is too, But we did get this text. Black Friday sales were up three percent total, but prices are up seven percent, so that means people actually bought four percent less stuff. I'm not sure everybody understands basic economic I'm trying to new let through.
Speaker 1: Does that make sense?
Speaker 4: Sales were up, but things are way more expensive. So if you bought the same amount of stuff as last year, they would be up, right, that's true?
Speaker 5: Or if it's down less than the rate of inflation, like it would be up. Yeah, huh, that should be answer. Why is he by the way, people, inflation is not what we all say it is. We have it backwards, and it's important. We'll explain coming up later this hour. Inflation is not what we think it is. We have it backwards.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 5: We've all been wrong, dead wrong, filthy wrong, shamefully wrong.
Speaker 1: Okay, and Joel explained, yes, I will all right.
Speaker 5: If you haven't seen the video of the guy trying to kick a field goal on Monday Night football, we have it at Armstrong in getty dot com. It's hilarious A lot on the way, stay here Strong.
Speaker 1: What part of your body was the MRI looking at. I have no idea.
Speaker 6: That's not physically possible. To have no idea, it's not possible. Lord, would you say to the doctor, no, no, no, don't tell me. I want to find out at my MRI reveal party.
Speaker 3: That's the flu.
Speaker 6: For god's sakes, man, were you not curious at all when they laid you down in a tube for a half an hour to forty five.
Speaker 1: Minutes You didn't want to know what they might be doing?
Speaker 6: Or did you just think yourself what a loud tanning bed?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well that struck me the same way too. When Trump said I have no idea what they did an MRI on I just I can't imagine not being curious and wanting to know myself.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just I mean because you find medical science interesting. Well, I have personal interest in my own health. So you think I might have something wrong with me? You're gonna do an MRI on what?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Had one emailer say that, No, since the budget is unlimited, they just did a whole body.
Speaker 1: MRI or what. I don't know if that's a thing.
Speaker 5: That wouldn't that take hours and hours and hours because you got to take very specific shots of the various levels of you to get those layered images.
Speaker 1: I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 5: I never will. So I found this really really interesting. It might seem seem like a quibble to you, but it's not. I think it's fundamentally really important. How many times have we talked about how the Left perverts language, how they change the meanings of words or equivocate between two terms like sex and gender. First they tell you, no, gender is different from sex, it's just the way you express yourself. And then Mike, your child needs to change his gender. Do you mean to get a sex change? No, we've already reckoned with that. As a society. We don't give sex changes to children. But now they've invented new terms to try to confuse issues. They do that all the time, and it pisses me off when even conservatives use terms like gender affirming care, for instance, which is obviously a term created to cloud issues. Found this super interesting. This guy from the Misse Institute, Ludwig mis say, Ludwig von missus, miss a missus whatever, I'm not friend, it's me right, messus uh. The Mesas Institute says every major economic illusion begins with the corruption of a word. Inflation once meant popularly people's perception of the word inflation, they understood what it still means in truth, the artificial expansion of money and credit. Inflation means one thing, the artificial expansion of the money supply and or credit. But over time it's been redefined to describe the consequences of inflation rather than its cause. Now here's where you might think Joe Getty, expert wordsmith, is really slicing it thin. But that's not the case. That's exactly and that's why I thought there was so.
Speaker 1: Interesting about this.
Speaker 5: The deliberate inversion of language serves a political purpose. It shifts blame from those who create money to those who merely spend it, transforming an act of monetary fraud into a mere statistical phenomenon. And I think even more important their second point is, and they mentioned the result is profound because by refined, redefining inflation, governments have obscured its nature, and economists have lost its meaning, and citizens have come to accept their gradual impoverishment as an unavoidable fact of life. And also, this is the part that I really liked. So since we don't since we've used inflation now to describe or rise in prices, we don't have a word for an artificial inflation of the money supply anymore. If you say inflation, people think hot dogs are more expensive.
Speaker 1: I know I do. We don't have a word for what used to be inflation.
Speaker 5: People today use the term inflation to refer to the phenomenon that is, the inevitable consequence of inflation, that's the tendency of all prices and wages to rise. The result of this deplorable confusion is that there is no term left to signify the cause of this rise in prices and wages. There's no longer any word available to signify the phenomenon that has been up till now called inflation. If it follows that nobody cares about inflation in the traditional sense of the term. As you cannot talk about something that has no name, you cannot fight it. Those who pretend to fight inflation are in fact only fighting what is the inevitable consequence of inflation rising prices. Their ventures are doing to failure because they do not attack the root of the evil. That was an excellent point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So governments do things that will cause in what we call inflation.
Speaker 1: Nobody discusses that.
Speaker 5: When the inflation occurs, what we call inflation occurs, then we.
Speaker 1: Have discussions about that.
Speaker 5: They do things. What things? What things are you talking about? I need to be introduced to this concept because we've changed the meaning of the word.
Speaker 1: And they go on.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: In case you're thinking, well, prices go up a little bit. You know, it's fine, I'm used to it. For every expansion, I like your sanguine tone.
Speaker 1: That's really good. Yeah, it's it's why I'm not really involved. I don't know much about Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's see, for every expansion in the money supply, it constitutes a form of legalized counterfeiting that robs all holders of money, redistributing wealth from savers and producers hello to those nearest the new money's point of entry. Prices adjusted evenly because new money does not enter all pockets at once. It flows first to borrowers, banks, and state contractors before dispersing through the broader economy. Or I would argue it flows into the pockets of those who politicians wish to bribe to get their votes.
Speaker 1: This is true. You know, I hadn't thought about it. If you, if you actually start.
Speaker 4: Thinking about your net worth and how it's changed over the inflation years, starting in like twenty twenty, it's depressing.
Speaker 1: It's depressing.
Speaker 4: But so you know your your chunk of money that you've been hanging on to is worth God, what is it worth? Ten fifteen percent less than it was not very long ago. But people who are getting money, they've adjusted those amounts for inflation, right, right, they have adjusted my savings for inflation.
Speaker 5: So you know, you go back to the absolutely obscene an American eachable treason trial with hangings Quality Inflation Reduction Act, Remember that one that was inflation. Yeah, it vastly inflated the money supply they borrowed vast amounts of money and pumped them into the economy that was inflation.
Speaker 1: It didn't cause inflation.
Speaker 5: You know, I'll be frustrating the rest of my life because everybody else in the world, folks will continue to use the convention or the current meaning of the term death with your first well, right, exactly because of my anger. But they mentioned the Austrian school of economics and the understanding new money changes prices, which we beget other changes from injection points. Inflation benefits those who receive new money first and penalizes those normal people who receive it last.
Speaker 1: You know what I was talking about earlier.
Speaker 4: I'll be interested to see how this whole spending season shakes out if we end up actually spending more than last year through the holidays while being behind on car payment, student loans. Being the scaredest we've ever most scared we've ever been around healthcare costs.
Speaker 1: What does that mean about our society?
Speaker 5: We have re complete inability to say no to ourselves personally or politically.
Speaker 1: We are really short term thinkers. Yeah, doomed, are you gonna do? What's P doom?
Speaker 4: P doom is actually a term they use in the AI world what's your p doom?
Speaker 1: Various people ask each other.
Speaker 4: That's the percentage you believe the likelihood of complete doom because of AI, that it's going to destroy mankind. And I can tell you what various people's p dooms are and why they have them, and why I am so much more pessimistic today than I was twenty four hours ago about AI.
Speaker 5: I certainly hope the p doom is generally one to two percent, right, I.
Speaker 4: Am much more pessimistic having taken in a bunch of in from yesterday about ever getting our In fact, I've given up.
Speaker 1: I have given up no longer. I'm going to be concerned about it.
Speaker 4: It's kind of liberating, really giving a certain way in a certain way, Yes on the way, So stay here, armstrong and getty.
Speaker 7: This man dangling from a tree. A female lion is just feet below. As the man slides down, the lioness begins to claw, and when the man is close enough, the animal pounces, dragging him to the ground.
Speaker 1: In less than a.
Speaker 7: Minute, the struggle appears to be over. The zeus is the man was killed. The lioness, who's named Leona. Speaking Portuguese, this woman, identified as the Zous biologist says the lioness simply displayed natural behavior for her species.
Speaker 1: She adds, at no point to the idea.
Speaker 7: Of putting the animal down cross our minds.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, you never hear that, And I've always wondered that, why do you put down an animal who, in given the opportunity, eat somebody. That's what they're supposed to do. Like Chris Rock once said that Tiger didn't go crazy, it went tiger right. Well, given the opportunity, the guy climbed into the enclosure.
Speaker 1: Where was that cage? Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Yeah, that was in That was in Brazil. Wow.
Speaker 4: So if you're at the zoo, I have ad If I'm with my little kids, the answer is obviously different. But if I'm by myself as a grown man and I see some job about the climb into the lion cage.
Speaker 5: Am I thinking cool? Or am I horrified? I think he'd be horrified and amazed and have just some percentage, some percentage he would be like, oh my god. Yeah, I mean, so, once he's in there and the lion is approaching him, do you watch or once the lion starts chewing on him, do you watch?
Speaker 1: Or do you look away?
Speaker 4: You know, person be probably horrified, person's probably mentally ill.
Speaker 3: But because I'm sick, I watched the video and the guy is shimmying down the tree. He doesn't even hit the ground before the lion starts going at him, and then she takes him into like a bush like she's hiding with a snack, so nobody could really see anything.
Speaker 7: Ah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and lions, it's not like the it's a Texas chainsaw thing. It just gets around the neck and clamp down and suffocate you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then they sprayed it with a fire extinguisher to get it away from the guy, but it was too late.
Speaker 1: Well, they shouldn't have climbed into the line cage, just as general rule of thumb, don't do that.
Speaker 4: So if you listen to this show, you know, I'm endlessly fascinated with AI, and I think I always will be. It's maybe the most interesting thing that's ever happened on planet Earth, and it's going to become more evident that that is the case.
Speaker 1: Is days, months and years go by.
Speaker 4: I was briefly over the weekend thinking I might become an activist to try to slow down AI. But I took in more information yesterday that made me think that's a waste of time. So while I will continue to be endlessly fascinated by AI, am no longer going to be an activist.
Speaker 1: Here's one of the reasons which I thought I found this is not surprising. You still got human beings involved.
Speaker 4: So I've been taking I read a lot, I watch a lot of videos.
Speaker 5: I've been watching these doom debates. I'm doom pilled, as they called it, because I am definitely believe that this is going to be a bad thing, not a good thing when AI get smarter.
Speaker 1: So I am doom pilled.
Speaker 4: Buzz watching a pretty good debate between a doomer and somebody on the other side of it who's an accelerationist, and I went into it, you know, tear them apart doomer, and the accelerationist actually convinced me. You know, that's a pretty good debate for performance. When you lean one direction and you're watching a debate and the person that like is not your natural inclination ends up winning you over.
Speaker 5: Sure, that's what universities used to do, the exchange of ideas so people learn things good times.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this guy, actually he won me over mostly by just getting into the how the hell would you regulate it and getting into the particulars of it. It's just not possible and anything you attempted to do would do more harm than good. And then you always have, as you brought up yesterday, the China problem of so we're going to regulate it to death. There are a thousand different state bills in state houses around the country right now of every different kind that would make it impossible for open AI or chat GPD.
Speaker 1: Well they're the same thing.
Speaker 5: Or groc or you know, whoever's different thing to get off the ground because there's so many different ways of trying to regulate it. Meanwhile, China screaming ahead. So anyway, there's that also. But this is the part that really struck me. I was watching some of these AI geniuses and they're morons.
Speaker 4: They're way smarter than me when it comes to computers and AI. They are not smart than me when it comes to geopolitics or human nature.
Speaker 1: Absolutely not smarter. And I've seen some.
Speaker 5: Of them talking their children in their understanding of human nature and geopolitics.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was watching this guy yesterday and he's one of the top AI people the entire world that I remember which the name was, and and he's he was all about how we've just gone overboard with thinking China is our enemy and we need to work with China, China and us can work together to create an AI.
Speaker 5: And I thought you are freaking nuts say that, you child sounds come on, you are so much smarter than me and them when it comes to you know, coding computer, but so much stupider than me and most everybody else. And not having the ability to recognize that China's one goal as a country is to pass us up and dominate the.
Speaker 1: World, your child, in the name of totalitarianism.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and they have no interest whatsoever in working with us to create an AI that benefits all man. And they never ever will, you child, So as long as do we need to work with them and get will and they'll be nice to us, and we'll be nice to put on a little Lord Funnel Roy outfit and suck on a lollipop.
Speaker 1: Ew dope, you child, you child.
Speaker 4: It was both not surprising and disappointing to realize that the same moronic politics and human nature and blind spots are going to be involved in the debate around AI as there is with freaking everything else.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it reminds me of civilian control with the military that exists for a very specific set of reasons. Civilian control of AI will let you worry about the particulars and develop it and come up with new weapons and the rest of it. But there've got to be non in the lab forces that talk about how to be used, how.
Speaker 1: It be used.
Speaker 5: On the other hand, it's funny all these we got a bunch of great emails on this topic. I've read articles, I've listened to you talk, and I just sit here, you know, munching on a cellery stick, playing cribbage on my phone. And when everybody's done talking, I say, what about China? And I go back to playing cribbage on my phone Because you could talk for weeks about well we could. We probably don't want to regulate the development of it in the research, but we can regulate the implementation of it in ways that make sure that what about China? And I sit down again.
Speaker 1: So getting to this whole p doom concept. So this I don't remember.
Speaker 4: It was coined a couple of years ago, and it's a regular thing you ask people to start the conversation of what's your pedom, what's your percentage of this is going to destroy mankind? And for instance, Elon Musk is at like ten to twenty percent, which seems incredibly high.
Speaker 5: I mean, if that is, if that is realistic, you wouldn't think you'd go down a road where there's a one in five chance it destroys all of mankind. But we are AnyWho this one particular expert, the one that was a moron about China and their desires, his pedom is around one percent. And they said, and he said, it's just insane the idea that anybody thinks it's incredibly likely that we destroy mankind. Now, he said, now a catastrophic event unlike anything mankind has ever seen. A much much higher on that, but destroying mankind completely. I was like, what, Oh, okay, so you're better a case scenario ain't great? Yeah, soon you're narrowing it to absolutely destroys mankind completely, human beings no longer exist on earth.
Speaker 1: Anything short of that is fine. What the hell kind of a mindset is that? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Again, this guy's probably great in the lab, but I don't want them in charge of anything. So a lot of so what he's describing would reduce the population by what, I don't know, ten to ninety eight percent.
Speaker 4: Well, right, and he actually said something like, you know, there would still be millions of people left that could procreate and rebuild society. Well, I don't think most of us want to live through whatever that would be.
Speaker 1: You freaking weirdo.
Speaker 5: Just alerting you to the fact that some of the people that are in charge of these systems that are going to take over the world have these crazy, crazy outlooks on thing.
Speaker 4: But just getting to pe do them to pay this off. One to five percent means you're very optimistic. A lot of researchers are optimistic that it won't destroy mankind. Five to fifteen percent is considered moderate concern. It's common among people who think their risks are real but manageable. Fifteen percent likelihood of completely destroying mankind seems incredibly high, and like being really blase to.
Speaker 1: Let that go.
Speaker 5: Twenty to fifty percent, and this is what I wanted to mention, twenty to fifty percent fairly worried. A lot of current and former open AI and thropic and deep mind safety people land in this category. Twenty eight to fifty percent. You think it's fifty percent likely this is going.
Speaker 1: To destroy mankind on planet Earth.
Speaker 5: All of you people that work for all of these big a AI corporations.
Speaker 1: So let it gets started, let's get to work. Percent likely, I mean, that's unbelievable.
Speaker 4: And then you've got I've talked about Eli Yudkowski, who wrote the book that just came out a couple months ago. If anyone builds it, everyone dies. He's at ninety nine percent and has to been for quite some time, and there are other people like him.
Speaker 5: But the fact that there are lots of people that are at fifty percent, how isn't this not a bigger conversation?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 5: JT and Livermore suggests that let's let's retitle that if China builds it, we all die. If China gets there first, do you really think they won't ask it to help wipe America off the face of the planet. So I'd argue it's one hundred percent likely that if China builds it first, the world is screamed. But if America builds it first, we might actually secure safety and freedom for the whole planet. So if even if Musk is right about the twenty percent likelihood that AI kills us. I'll gladly take the eighty percent likelihood that it helps spread American values over the absolute certainty that China win.
Speaker 4: We're all screamed, Yeah, I think you're missing the point that if it becomes super intelligence, ain't nobody controlling it, US, China or anybody else. It's going to do whatever it wants to do. It's not being created, it's growing. It's currently growing, and it's growing in ways they didn't predict and have no idea how fast it's going to grow.
Speaker 1: It's on its own now, it's out there doing its thing.
Speaker 5: Even if you fully accept that and comprehend that America's got to be first to get it, and then when it goes out of control and destroys us, all, well think, well, darn it.
Speaker 1: We didn't have to try so hard. After all, it didn't matter.
Speaker 5: But you know, that'll be a twenty twenty hind sight as our organs are harvested or were melted by death rays or nobody's quat sure. So a quick word from our friends at Webroot. Black Friday through Cyber Monday is the super Bowl for scammers. While you're hunting deals that are hunting passwords, credit cards, and identities. Webroot Total Protection brings devices, identity, privacy, VPN and backup together so you can shop and scroll with confidence and listen to this craziness. Take seventy five five percent off now at webroot dot com slash armstrong. Seventy five percent off at webroot dot com slash armstrong.
Speaker 4: My mom was telling me she's been using webroot for a very long time. I didn't realize that they're searching the dark web all the time looking for your information out there to see if it's been stolen. Credit and financial monitoring with rapid alerts up to a million dollars in expense reimbursement if you get any fund stolen.
Speaker 5: And families can cover up to ten identities and ten devices. Choose who to protect from kids to grandparents, plus lightning fast scans with no annoying pop ups. Protect your family at webroot dot com slash armstrong. Webroot customers keep coming back when you need help. Identity theft restoration and support is US based twenty four to seven Again, get seventy five percent off at webroot dot com slash armstrong.
Speaker 1: Live a bitter digital life with webroot.
Speaker 4: I will shut up about this for today after just saying for the third time, I can't believe mankind is building something where a lot of people in charge. I think there's a fifty percent chance that it wipes us out.
Speaker 1: It's almost hard to wrap your head around. Yeah, I choose not to.
Speaker 5: I uh, I can't do anything about it, so I'm going to blissfully pretend it's not happening.
Speaker 1: It's like the ultimate.
Speaker 4: Human nature thing, I guess, and kind of like I was talking about yesterday, how we uh, you know, we all in theory would like to be healthy, but we eat pie and cookies and all these different sorts of things that are, you know, not in our best interest.
Speaker 5: It's just, yeah, I think. And I'm not a theologian. I'm not you know, a terribly devout person, but there is absolutely there's an undeniable biblical field to the.
Speaker 4: Absolutely absolutely as we can't resist an impulse even though we know it's going to destroy us. There is some Adam and even the garden thing going on. There, no doubt about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we've acquired the knowledge that we cannot handle and it will kill us.
Speaker 1: And if you.
Speaker 5: Believe in God, we know it going and we're still doing it well. And if you believe in God is held as described by Judeo Christian traditions, the idea that we had a couple of million years, a few million years was a good run, and now it's time to end and onto the next thing, or maybe stripping it down to the five percent of the population excuse me, and going from there. That's not crazy Noah's ark, et cetera. It's it's not like it's not been thought of before. It's been thought of and described many times, several times. Anyway, stuff that's good stuff.
Speaker 1: Any thoughts, Texas or emails more on the way. Armstrong and Getty the most depressing radio show ever. That's a liberal.
Speaker 4: Probably the top Republican publication in my mind in American National Review has got an editorial board piece out. If Trump wants to use military forced to Toppe Maduro, he needs to call to Congress and ask for authorization.
Speaker 5: That's their take. Mm hmm, yeah, I don't know if you get it. Would he get it?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: No, I would guess not, because there's nobody in America who's running around pitching the idea of attacking Venezuela. I mean it has no constituency. I mean, we might not like drug cartels and that sort of thing, but.
Speaker 1: What happens next.
Speaker 5: And even we have like their top three generals have said, oh yeah, I'm totally down with the plan.
Speaker 1: I would love to be allied with the United States. Let's get this done.
Speaker 4: It would be a quadmire given our recent experiments with regime change. I don't think a majority of Americans probably want to give.
Speaker 5: That a world be my guess. I think you're absolutely right. Oh, speaking of Maduro, this is amusing. Establishments like CNN, the Associated Press, and The New York Times have all, in various articles, embraced the new narrative about Venezuela's Cartel de la Solis. It doesn't actually exist. It's not real. It's it's it's been made up, in spite of the fact that all of them covered the Biden administration prosecuting successfully a higher up known as El Poyo the Chicken back in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 1: This guy got extradited, uh and prosecutor.
Speaker 5: I want a better nickname. If I'm gonna be a high up drug kingpin, I don't want to be the chicken. Yeah, that's kind of weak, dudes. Look, I'm not gonna shoot anybody over this, but the chicken really not the cock.
Speaker 1: You don't even get to be that now it just says el poyo anyway.
Speaker 5: So yeah, back when that was happening in the Biden administration, US labels Madua tied Cartel del Solis is a terror organization. It's not a cartel per se, is the current headline in the AP But back in the day when the Biden administration was prosecuting them, it was that dangerous freebody always overplays their hand. You can go ahead and be against regime change in Venezuela. You don't have to pretend that they're not a narco state to do it, right, right, Yeah, Yeah, I got this story I wanted to touch on. There is a homeless encampment near the Space Needle in Seattle. It's gained international media attention. Well, Seattle, after a very brief jog toward the right, and not just toward the right, from like openly communists to reasonable liberal, is now going to veer back leftward as mayor elect Katie Wilson, who is just a treat takes office in January of twenty six, the Space Needle homeless camp is growing like a weed, and she has vowed to end junkie camp cleanups. They call them homeless camps to hide the fact that it's almost entirely junkies, but the growing camp highlights Seattle's worsening homeless crisis, as Microsoft just announced it's moving its Build twenty twenty six conference to Las Vegas and away from Seattle. It is widely believed this is due to safety concerns.
Speaker 4: Around the Seattle convigs, Microsoft itself having their conference in a different town.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I know, it's amazing. Let's see moving a long wasn't going to jump on. It's gonna take a little while to explain. You're about to see a bunch of new lawsuits against the oil industry. There is a new venture fund backed law firm backed by lefty hedge fund guys that are going to be filing suit all over the place. So look forward to hearing about that. That's where it's coming from. And you know, we have been somewhat to remiss in not reporting on Governor Tim Walltz lame O. Among lame O's presiding over the theft of more than a billion dollars in taxpayer funds, and then Waltz is trying to blame Trump for failing to stop the scheme. Man, these lefty schemes to hand out money, they always end up in massive fraud. Our four is gonna be great. If you don't get our four, grab it via podcast. You ought to subscribe to Armstrong You Getty on demand Armstrong and Getty