Speaker 1: All right, now you can finally get your chores done on Saturday, because it's the your back to back classics.
Speaker 2: That you, yes, clean, you've been saving for all week.
Speaker 1: Right now, that's right, it's Brig and Jeffrey in the morning, and just a heads up tomorrow right here on the feed, we are going to be hosting something very special, something just very unique, and that is our full hour episode, yes, one.
Speaker 3: Of our favorites from last week that we aired on our other podcast feeds.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So we have three podcast feeds. Second Day is our most popular, and then we have a main feed where we do one hour long episodes every day. So this is just to give you a taste and see if you like it.
Speaker 2: And if you don't turn it off. Yeah, it's simple, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Like that's just heads up to check back here tomorrow and right now, just enjoy your back to back classics.
Speaker 5: If you're a single lady and you're looking to make the first move and approach a guy at a bar, wow, what is the right play.
Speaker 2: Drink? I'm just gonna say make eye contact and say.
Speaker 5: Hi, and you could do what Brooke does, open up her purse and say hey, I got some free jerky.
Speaker 6: I bought off a Randol in the street one share stick and she's.
Speaker 1: Like, everybody knows jerky stands on the side of the highway are the best?
Speaker 6: Are?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 6: It has a surprisingly high success rate.
Speaker 5: Or you can do it, one of our listeners did when she saw a cute guy, and even though her move was a little unorthodox, apparently it worked. You're gonna hear it in your second date update right after this second date update for a date, would you rather be silently ghosted or blatantly canceled on?
Speaker 2: Yikes? I at least you would know if you're blatantly canceled on.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but I wondering I can make up my own excuse, like I'm too perfect?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: You when you're ghosted, there's still that like glimmer of hope that maybe they got the wrong bar or maybe they.
Speaker 2: Got a rested and their phone broke.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because they fell down a man hole and they can't get out. You meant a story for yourself there that makes you feel good. But today, one of our listeners, Jillian, thought she had a second date locked down until she got one very strange last minute text, calling it off, and now she's really confused and needs our help. Jillian, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: Hi, thank you.
Speaker 1: My interest is so Pete don't want to know what that text message says that someone wassed.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so let's start at the beginning of your story.
Speaker 6: How did you meet this guy? What's his name?
Speaker 4: His named Zach?
Speaker 6: Okay, where did you and Zach meet?
Speaker 4: So? We met at a bar?
Speaker 2: Oh in real life?
Speaker 8: In real life?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know. So it was like last Friday night. I had been planning on staying in, like not going out at all that night.
Speaker 1: It always happens, right, I know, right, which means that you weren't looking your best.
Speaker 2: You're probably kind of a mess. But yes, okay, No, I don't mean that in a mean way. I was looking kid, Okay, that's just mean.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Then I had this like feeling after I got home from work where I was like, no, you know what, I actually don't want to have a cozy night and I want to go do something.
Speaker 7: Feeling like I always have the feeling to go. You're feeling to go out at so fun.
Speaker 2: You're bringing the good energy.
Speaker 6: Okay, So where did you go?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 4: I called my girlfriend? We go to a bar? Kind of by my place and we're just hanging out, and then I see this guy and I like, I don't usually make the first move, like ever, but I was kind of like listening to their not listening to their conversation. But I was at the bar trying to get a drink.
Speaker 2: I thought you were gonna say, but I was kind of drunk, so.
Speaker 6: I did it.
Speaker 4: Right there. They were talking about the movie Wicked, oh, and I had just seen it, and their opinions were like totally wrong. So I jumped in to tell him why he was wrong, but also just like to flirt with him, and.
Speaker 2: Okay, right off the path.
Speaker 7: I don't argue about a man with Wicked either.
Speaker 3: I just know that there's two guys arguing over Wicked together.
Speaker 6: I feel like I already know why he's not calling you back.
Speaker 2: But yeah, no, she was being playful.
Speaker 4: Come on, yeah, if you like touch their arm and stuff, then they love an argument. So anyway, we ended up talking for a while. We went to another bar together, just the two of us. Okay, yeah, well she was kind of done. She was like, yeah, I came out for you, so if you're good, like bye, and we had plans for a second date, we were going to go to this bar that has ski ball and I was going to beat him at skyball and the gills.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, So you guys even talked about where and when and all of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all of it. And so then she's the crazy part. That morning that we're supposed to go out, I get a text from him that says, I'm onto you, dates off on to you, onto you, I'm on to you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what does that mean?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I texted it back and I was like, what are you talking about? And then he just didn't answer me.
Speaker 2: Does he think that you're in a relationship or something? That's the first thing that.
Speaker 5: I think, Oh, yeah, we should have asked, are you currently with somebody I know?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, what's wrong with that?
Speaker 1: And that's so strange too, because you don't have any Like it's not like you can ask his friends.
Speaker 2: You don't know anybody that he knows, you.
Speaker 8: Know, right exactly?
Speaker 2: If you google search.
Speaker 1: Your name, is there like a weird news article that comes up of somebody who with a shared name.
Speaker 4: I don't even know if he knows my last name to google me at all? But also, like I don't think anything crazy comes up.
Speaker 6: Last name is Dahmer. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I swear I paid to have all those articles deleted.
Speaker 6: This is a true mystery.
Speaker 4: Yeah. My best guess is that maybe one of his friends like thought I was someone else that they recognize me, you know, like dark bar.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, you.
Speaker 7: Know what that's happened to my friend group before. Really, oh she was some other girl, bro, never mind, it could be that.
Speaker 2: Like a girl from the dating apps.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was just so bold, I know, and that you don't follow it up, Like, if you're gonna be accused, just tell me what's.
Speaker 2: Been accused of.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just so frustrating. Like I've texted him a few times being like, hey, I don't even need to go out again, I just want to know what are you upset about? And I don't get anything.
Speaker 1: Well, And you need to know for future dates because what if other men say the same thing and you still don't know what you know?
Speaker 3: Is your purposely using him for something?
Speaker 6: Just tell us?
Speaker 5: At least mass texting him makes you sound super laid back and chill, so he has nothing to complain about when we call him now and try and ask him why he didn't follow through with the second date that you had already arranged with him.
Speaker 2: What the hell that text message meant?
Speaker 6: Really, pile on and tell him everything is done wrong in his life.
Speaker 2: His opinions, we suck.
Speaker 5: Yes, good, we will beat him into a pulp. Second date update coming up right after.
Speaker 6: This second date update.
Speaker 5: I can't believe we never caught the nursery rhyme connection because our listener, Jillian, I met a guy named.
Speaker 2: Zacha and Jill.
Speaker 5: Zach and Jill, you mean Jack and Jill, But it sounds it sounds pretty close.
Speaker 2: Okay, someone.
Speaker 1: Someone fluggs preschool in this room, and it was It was definitely not Zach rhyme.
Speaker 5: Sorry for trying to draw a connection. I thought it was a cute story. They met at a bar. They were drinking pails of white claw together.
Speaker 2: How the nursery rhyme goes?
Speaker 5: Jill said great to another date, and Zach canceled last second.
Speaker 6: Okay, and that's where we are today.
Speaker 5: Like a total jerk, Zach reached out to Jillian the day of their second meet up and said, I'm on to you.
Speaker 6: Date canceled, So Zach just.
Speaker 2: Is fetching a pail of water right now, he's rolling down a hill. I think I thought it was white claw.
Speaker 7: I got the nursery right now.
Speaker 5: The whole thing is confusing, especially to Jillian, because there was no explanation for what he meant by I'm on to you.
Speaker 2: It's so accusatory.
Speaker 1: I mean, the thing is is that although Jeff you're calling him a jerk, he thinks she's a jerk, is.
Speaker 2: What it sounds like.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but we don't know why exactly.
Speaker 7: I'm on to you. We'll raise an eyebrow to anybody. Yeah, walk up to me and say that right now, I'd be like, what you feel guilty?
Speaker 6: Yeah, no matter what am I doing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, my guess is that he's going to be coming in hot like a text like that.
Speaker 2: It's not going to be I just.
Speaker 7: Thought, what if it was his tagline? What if he answers it like I'm onto you? You know what if that's his thing?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you probably don't want to end up with him. Yeah, probably not dial his number. See how he answers the phone if he picks up, and hopefully get an explanation and are you ready?
Speaker 6: I'm ready.
Speaker 5: So that was a question just to myself I'm ready.
Speaker 7: When he's talking to Jeff.
Speaker 6: Okay, Hello, Hey is this Zach?
Speaker 9: Yes, who's speaking?
Speaker 2: Interesting? Hey Zach, welcome to the show.
Speaker 9: Uh what is this Hello?
Speaker 6: Sorry? Sorry for that.
Speaker 5: She was so flirty with that question. This is there a radio show. We're called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning. This is a segment called second Date Update. Okay, you could help us because we have a listener who you met up with the other night.
Speaker 6: Her name is Jillian.
Speaker 2: You guys met at a bar.
Speaker 9: Oh my god, are you joking?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 9: No? Uh yeah, she keeps texting me.
Speaker 5: Yes, right, I can hear your con Can I tell you what we know from what Jillian told us? Because she said, you guys met at the bar the other night, you hit it off, ended up separating from your friend group to just hang out one on one, and then arranged a second meetup. Had it all planned out until the day of she got this cryptic text from you saying I'm on to you.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Wow, Okay, so she'd told you a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I mean, honestly, she has no idea what you're referring to in that text message.
Speaker 9: Well, I can explain that.
Speaker 5: That would be great because she just does not understand what happened, if she did something wrong. We're just trying to give her some clarity.
Speaker 6: We asked, are you in the middle of some awful dealings?
Speaker 7: And she's like, I am not in the midst of evil, so you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: So she has no idea what.
Speaker 10: You're talking about.
Speaker 9: Okay. So the day of the next date, I went back to the bar that we had met at and the spartender recognizes me and he says, hey, are you hanging out with Jill again anytime soon?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 2: They know her at the bar, like she's a regular or something.
Speaker 9: Okay, well that's what I was thinking. So I say, what's going on? How do you know her? And he says that she calls the bar like every night, asking if there's any cute guys there.
Speaker 2: Oh really, this world just opened up? Are you serious?
Speaker 1: She calls it ahead of time, just to see if it's worth her time to go down there.
Speaker 9: Yeah, not just that place. Apparently she does that all over town.
Speaker 2: How do you know all over town?
Speaker 9: Yes, that's what the bartender said. So I don't know.
Speaker 1: So are you upset that you were the cute guy that the bartender reported on kind of a compliment, or.
Speaker 6: The fact that she calls the bar every single night going out.
Speaker 2: There, Like she doesn't go to the bar every night.
Speaker 5: Though, unless there's cute guys.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there's a good radio enough, that's why she decided to go from I'm staying home, I'm going out, yes Worth, you're going out for that's a compliment.
Speaker 9: She said that to you.
Speaker 5: She mentioned that the night that she was going out and met you, she was considering staying in, but something changed her mind and she wanted to go.
Speaker 6: Out that night instead.
Speaker 9: Okay, so it turns.
Speaker 5: Out that something was a phone call to the bar to ask if there's any good looking guys there, but we.
Speaker 6: Didn't know that.
Speaker 2: Why does that make you so upset?
Speaker 9: Well, I'm just another cute guy at a bar to her, And it's just kind of shady that she is talking how spontaneous this whole thing was, when really she kind of planned the whole.
Speaker 2: So it feels like you were deceived a little bit.
Speaker 7: It's nice to be the cute guy, but now it's like you don't feel special because every night there's another cute guy.
Speaker 3: And I just feel like it's weird someone pretends they just met you randomly when they didn't acting a bit.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 9: I didn't feel special at all and pretty weird to me.
Speaker 2: Now you feel specially you're on a radio show.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and she calls us every day, though she doesn't she's before ever.
Speaker 5: Actually she specifically reached out so that we get in contact with you to find this information out.
Speaker 6: That should mean something.
Speaker 4: Right, I guess.
Speaker 9: I mean, now you have your reason.
Speaker 5: Uh okay, well, thank you for that, and we're thankful. But who I think is more appreciative is actually Jillian, who is on the other line listening to this conversation.
Speaker 6: It does soe like she's like always on the other line.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is the only one actually making phone calls these days.
Speaker 6: Jillian, are you there?
Speaker 4: I'm here, and I have quite a bit to say in.
Speaker 5: Response to that, good things.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, No, I'm not sorry.
Speaker 4: What did I get wrong? Listen? First of all, I do not call them every night, like Friday and Saturday nights, okay, okay, And like listen, if I'm at home, I don't want to have to like put on pants and like make up, and you know, like just to go to a bar when there's nobody there and so I'll call be like, hey, is it popping? There are a lot of guys there, what's going on? But I was not find you guys when I said I almost never approach anybody.
Speaker 6: Oh, she did mention that to U, Zach.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, are you still there, Zach?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm not sure what to believe anymore. I mean she's saying one thing to you guys, the bartender says a different thing than me, So I don't know.
Speaker 10: This is all kind of shady, dude.
Speaker 1: It would have been such a good pickup line to walk up to him and be like, hey, I called ahead of time and they said you were here.
Speaker 6: You're that well?
Speaker 8: I would Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 4: Maybe I'll just say it.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, I asked for hot guys and they delivered you. I'm so happy to tell us how that goes.
Speaker 6: Not as romantic to a guy's year as you probably think.
Speaker 1: Don't think anyone' will give her romance at a bar, Jeff, They're just looking to talk.
Speaker 5: More Clearly, someone who is looking for romance is Zach, and he feels like he's not special, that he's just one of many guys. You would have taken any cute guy at the bar that night and he just happened to be there.
Speaker 4: That is absolutely not accurate. I can see why you would think that, but it's it's so not true.
Speaker 5: And we do appreciate you coming forward, Gillian and actually admitting that you did this, because I think a lot of people would deny it or try to like be like, no, I've never done that. You told us you were going to stay in, but you had a special feeling, and the special feeling was a call to the bar asking them to scope out hot guys for you.
Speaker 2: Which Alexis is definitely picking up.
Speaker 3: I think every bar should just start posting who's there online that.
Speaker 4: You should feel special. The bartender said, there were lots of cute guys, but you were the cutest, and you're the one I talked to.
Speaker 2: Oh look at that stand out. You're a standout cutie, Zach.
Speaker 9: It's the strange to pretend like it wasn't all set up.
Speaker 5: Well, now that all the information is out there, can we book ski ball again and actually follow through with the second date that you had already planned for each other before this misunderstanding.
Speaker 1: I mean, if anything, Zach, it shows what a on top organized woman she is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she definitely.
Speaker 7: Got her her life organized, and if you guys start dating, she'll call the bar make sure it's all ugly guys the next time she goes.
Speaker 2: That's a good point.
Speaker 4: Since I met you.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, all right, I mean I'm willing to probably again.
Speaker 6: Okay, really wow, that was so heartfelt, Zach, I really buy it.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 6: I wonder if this is like setting her up to get stood.
Speaker 5: Up now, because if you actually agree to meet up with her, we will pay for the date.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay again, it just feels.
Speaker 6: Like very like you're brushing us off in the room. Can feel something's weird.
Speaker 3: I didn't expect reactions from men anymore.
Speaker 6: Zach, be honest. It doesn't sound like you're actually gonna call her, are you?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Probably not.
Speaker 5: I mean, look now, they're both ghosting each other for each other.
Speaker 6: Yeah, two ghosts make a right, it's not it. I think it is Zach and Jill. That's how the fairy tale ends.
Speaker 2: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: I swear, sometimes you can just tell when somebody isn't fully into it and they're just saying yes to go along with pure pressure.
Speaker 2: I wanted him to be into it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but there was something in his voice.
Speaker 6: I was like, yeah, yeah, sure.
Speaker 1: I mean he was still the hottest guy in the bar. Maybe that's why he doesn't carry has options.
Speaker 5: But if someone's not into it, you don't want to go along with it. Honey, will you marry me?
Speaker 6: Fine?
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 5: The great thing about it is both of them were actually honest with us. In the end, she admitted that she calls ahead to bars to scope cute guys out. He admits he'll say yes to dates when he doesn't really care to actually meet up with him.
Speaker 3: So many questions for the bar, her type, Does she give photos, know more about it?
Speaker 6: What does she get out of it? She get tipped more.
Speaker 2: It's a guy. It was a guy, it still is.
Speaker 1: He just gets somebody else to come to the are bars are always looking for more women.
Speaker 6: Yeah, all the bartenders out there.
Speaker 5: Make sure you text into seven eight, five, nine two when you have cute guys and then so Alexis knows where to.
Speaker 6: Be and when to go, even if it's nine am.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she'll be means to you. If you need help with your dating life, email the show. We'll call that person who's not calling you back and go check out all of our second dates up where our podcasts are at Brooke and Jeffrey.
Speaker 2: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 5: Hey, kids, today we're all going to learn the difference between a share and an overshare. Okay, So I'm going to say something and you tell me if you think it's a share or an overshare.
Speaker 6: Okay, Okay.
Speaker 5: So I started doing yoga last week and my body feels great.
Speaker 2: Yay, that's a share.
Speaker 5: That's right, that's a share everyone all right, now, how about this? Now that I'm in yoga, I am so flexible. I can clean out my ear using my pinky toe.
Speaker 6: That would be uh. I don't like.
Speaker 2: It as a share, but I don't want that.
Speaker 6: Said over share. But we don't cheer over shares. We don't want to do that.
Speaker 7: Ye.
Speaker 5: Now, if only our listener had had that lesson before she texted a guy after their date, we wouldn't even be in this position. But we're gonna hear about the text that probably said a little bit too much in your second date update right after this second date update date. You know, researchers say what you text a person after a good first date, yeah, can actually be more important than the date itself.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, I mean you do look forward to it.
Speaker 1: That is not.
Speaker 2: Helpful for people who really overthink that text.
Speaker 9: Jeff.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying, look, for example, if you were to text hey, I had a great time with you tonight. Also, I accidentally took your fork from the dinner for a DNA TESTA.
Speaker 6: No, that's not good. You might not go over quite.
Speaker 1: So well soon you just leave it as I took your fork and you.
Speaker 10: Just saying night.
Speaker 6: Just try not to overthink it. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Because one of our listeners, Carly, says she had a text exchange with a guy after they went out and it could be the reason she's not getting called back. And we're gonna get to that and talk about the text in a little bit. But first Carly, welcome to the show.
Speaker 8: Hey, everybody.
Speaker 2: But first Carly, we want to hear the good part.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I don't ask this a lot, but how important is it for you, Carly to get a second date here with this guy? Is it a like a lot like yay nay or hay neighbor type of situation?
Speaker 2: It's hey neighbor, Yeah, that's the media.
Speaker 5: Is it a yay nay or hay neighbor. Where are you on the important scale?
Speaker 8: No, No, it's a yay obviously.
Speaker 2: Okay, why would you not do one through ten?
Speaker 5: No, that's not as fun as y We only do fun stuff on our show. This this guy is a yay. Tell us about him and how you two met.
Speaker 8: His name is Blaine and I was at Top Golf with some friends. I was there for a party.
Speaker 2: That's great and a great place to meet people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I never want someone to see me there.
Speaker 6: Nobody trying to help you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you guys love to show you. I don't know that reach around and just show you how.
Speaker 6: To do it. Is that what Blaine did for you?
Speaker 8: So, like, he was there with a group of guys and he were in like the next all over. So we were just talking when it wasn't our turn, and like we hit it off.
Speaker 6: Cute hit it off, Charley.
Speaker 1: I knew you would fun, Okay, I would, but I don't know.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry about that. Yeah I already said that joke. But that's okay, Charley, keep going. So you guys hit it off like how yeah?
Speaker 8: How he asked me out. I thought it was kind of cute because he gave me his number on a golf ball. He wrote it on there with a sharpie.
Speaker 7: Oh that's cool.
Speaker 1: Oh, actually, is it bad that I'm already thinking if you got married, it would have to all be golf seeing now.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, this guy isn't even calling her back. Let's not start making the wedding plans and choosing the plates and everything.
Speaker 7: That's true.
Speaker 5: Okay, so that sounds really nice. Did you guys end up hanging out?
Speaker 8: Yes, we said we were going to hang out next Friday, so we kind of planned that even before we left. But then we were texting and I was like, I wanted to see him sooner, so I moved it up to Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Also, don't waste a Friday night.
Speaker 2: That's a good call. It's a whole chapel roone song was a weekend on a guy.
Speaker 6: Somebody's jaded over there? All right, okay, so you moved it up to tuesday. How did that go?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 8: It was a really good date. I got to know a lot about him, like where he grew up and like what's important in his life. And you know he's into sports and animals. I love animals.
Speaker 1: So okay, so wait, I'm sorry, were you guys just at dinner. Is that what you did on Tuesday?
Speaker 8: Yeah? Like dinner, drinks?
Speaker 1: Okay, cool way to downplay it, broke, No, I'm just trying to set the scene.
Speaker 6: That's all you just did dinner? Okay. How'd you feel after that hangout?
Speaker 8: I mean I felt great, like he seems like a really great, caring guy. We did end up kissing.
Speaker 2: Was the kiss?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 8: It was really good.
Speaker 2: She's smiling.
Speaker 8: Okay.
Speaker 5: You did say the one thing that you're worried about that could have stopped you from hanging out again was your text message exchange afterwards. Can you get into that or just read it?
Speaker 6: Just read it. I don't know how long it is. Just give us the vibe I think.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I mean, you know, like sometimes when your friends will ask you about to some expensive place and you're just not in a place to do that. So I just wanted to be honest and let him know where I was at. I did tell him that I was a little short on my rent this month.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, how did you jump from?
Speaker 9: That?
Speaker 2: Was a fun night? The text rent?
Speaker 7: I thought you were just going to say, hey, our next day, let's not do top golf.
Speaker 6: Maybe something a little lighter, you know, wait.
Speaker 2: Didn't he pay for dinner?
Speaker 8: Yeah, he paid for dinner.
Speaker 6: Okay, she's just sharing.
Speaker 5: I think she's trying to like be honest and be like I'm in a vulnerable place to.
Speaker 2: Really get that.
Speaker 1: I'm just curious how you brought it up, Like is it seems so out of the blue.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean we were just like talk about date and then we were talking about like, well, what's your week like and what are you doing? And I was just feeling a little stressed because of this, and so like it was just sharing like general stuff.
Speaker 5: Well it sounds normal to me, Like, don't you when you were dating Brooke talk about paying rent with all the guys that you hung out with your rent?
Speaker 9: Do think?
Speaker 2: Like, I think it's good to be vulnerable with people.
Speaker 1: But I'm wondering if he read it as basically an ask for money.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, that's how I read it. How did he react to that text?
Speaker 8: He was like really sweet and he he did send me a little bit of money. I mean like, oh really, that sounds like he's an amazing guy who cares. I mean we've been on one date. I wasn't expect seeing him to do anything.
Speaker 6: He set Wow, let's just are you taking notes over there?
Speaker 1: But he set you money and then stop talking to you, because that's kind of strange.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what happened after that?
Speaker 8: Yeah, and then we were supposed to go out again, and now he's just not responding.
Speaker 6: Huh.
Speaker 2: Do you think it regrets the money?
Speaker 1: He said, like, maybe he sent it when he was feeling bad, and then after he thought about it, he's like, ah, man, that's kind of a week.
Speaker 3: I was money for the date and then he ran out.
Speaker 7: I fought a nice gift for a girl, and you spent a couple hundred bucks, and then they kind of insinuated one another and you realize, all right, this may be the base of the whole relationship. I'm back out right now.
Speaker 5: An exchange of money or goods can change the vibe between two people. You would know, Jeff, Yes, I'm very cold after the exchange. I will tell you that, even though I'm satisfied in the moment, let's just not get into this hand. We need to call Blaine and figure out where his head is at. That's the most important. We're going to come back and do that with your second date update. Right after this second date update, we're in the middle of a second date update with one of our listeners, Carly, Am I saying that right?
Speaker 10: Carly? Yeah?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Do you want to emphasize the why more Carle exotic?
Speaker 5: It could be the traditional pronunciation of Carly. We're all still recovering from some of the information that we learned about her date.
Speaker 6: With Blaine, and she shared a lot. She did all the highlights real quick.
Speaker 5: They had a great meet up at Top Golf, It's where they met, had a great get to know you date sash followed by kind of an awkward text exchange that involved him sending our listener Carly money because she admitted she was short on.
Speaker 2: Rent, which is really kind of him.
Speaker 10: It is, but it.
Speaker 5: Does change the vibe. I mean me just saying it, Yeah, it does. It feels awkward to say they exchanged money afterwards, but he did send her some and then after that did not follow through with their plans for another date.
Speaker 7: I have a question, don't pipe up this early, but was it a loan, Like, was this something you was supposed to pay you back? Or he just gave you the money expecting nothing.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he didn't say it was alone.
Speaker 6: I guess it's not if he's not calling you back?
Speaker 1: Okays, he's the worst loan shark.
Speaker 6: Yeah, never mind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean maybe it's just because she didn't send him a formal thank you.
Speaker 6: Oh I feel like Carl, you must have said thank you?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah of course.
Speaker 6: Okay, So what's running through your head?
Speaker 4: Then?
Speaker 6: What what's going through your mind before we reach out to him?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 8: I mean, like it might have made it weird, but I really like I I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't know. But you also made your rent, right, so that's good news.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but I really like him, So I mean, like, I don't they really bummed if that's the reason.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm gonna tell you if a guy asked me to help pay his rent, I probably would call him back.
Speaker 5: Oh she didn't, Husband, Michael, do not ask bok to ship in towards This is on you this time.
Speaker 6: Let's just reach out.
Speaker 5: We'll see if Blaine picks up, and hopefully he has an explanation for us.
Speaker 6: But here we go. Hello, Hey, is this Blaine?
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's just Blaine.
Speaker 6: Hey man, what's up.
Speaker 2: It's Jeff, just on a first name basis, Jeff.
Speaker 6: I thought he would know what has anybody ever known. Yeah, thanks a lot.
Speaker 10: I'm sorry. Who are you guys?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'll explain. We're a radio show. We're called Brook and Jeffrey in the morning on the show.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a good thing.
Speaker 5: We're calling you for a really fun, exciting reason because we're doing this segment called second Date Update, and we got an email from one of our listeners named Carly, who says she's very disappointed that you two aren't seeing each other and hanging out again.
Speaker 10: Yeah she really liked to Yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, make you Does that make you curious?
Speaker 10: You have no, not really. I mean she's cute, she's fun. I just not interested in seeing her again. I mean, what else do you want me to tell you?
Speaker 6: I get it a million of those out there, But look, it.
Speaker 5: Would be helpful if we get a little bit of information for maybe there's more reasoning why. I don't know if it's too much to delve into this, but I did hear that the two of you guys kissed at the end of your date. And usually when that happens and the lady says she wants to go out again, that's a pretty exciting thing for a guy.
Speaker 10: Yeah, we had a nice kiss at the end of the date.
Speaker 2: Okay, can you give us something here to tell her?
Speaker 10: Like, well, okay, after our date we started texting each other. She said thanks, I had a good time, and then we started making plans that She mentioned that she was going to be short on rent next month.
Speaker 6: Whoa, that's that's new information to us.
Speaker 2: Wait, we're going to say that.
Speaker 3: Okay, any chance you sent her money?
Speaker 10: So I actually did?
Speaker 1: Oh wow, yes, we're all acting surprise now, dude, what a generous move of you.
Speaker 10: Wow.
Speaker 2: So wait, I have a question. Why did you send her money?
Speaker 10: I felt bad. I mean, like I've been short too, and I just felt like I can help her out. I'm in a decent spot. I asked her what her VENMO was, and I kicked her two hundred dollars right away.
Speaker 5: She mentioned that you were like a really good, caring guy. So it's clearly coming here.
Speaker 1: And when you're describing it too, like you're not shaming her, you're not making her feel bad.
Speaker 5: Like, yeah, did that make it weird though to give her the two hundred dollars?
Speaker 10: Not exactly, I mean, I'm what I was weird is that she was like, she was very appreciative. She was like, thank you, thank you, you know. Yeah, but then she says, I'm still eight hundred short.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay with that.
Speaker 2: An maybe she was just telling you that so that.
Speaker 6: So that you could run her finances.
Speaker 2: Yeah, before how.
Speaker 3: She already said she couldn't pay her I don't.
Speaker 7: Know, and she should follow up with that.
Speaker 6: What was going on? What was going on with your in your mind?
Speaker 10: There's no way I'm giving a thousand dollars to a chick I just met you, and I'm thinking about, like, that's just a bad feeling, you know, it's a whole bad vibe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's really short on rent.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I started thinking like, did she do this to other guys?
Speaker 1: It definitely doesn't feel like she's a scam artist or anything when we talked to her.
Speaker 7: Yeah, most girls don't at first brook.
Speaker 2: Oh, I feel like it's pretty honest.
Speaker 10: Whatever her situation is, it's just not something I want to be involved with.
Speaker 5: I think before you make any final decisions on that, I feel like maybe you need to hear from Carly herself, because she has been listening on the other line wanting to talk to you. Yeah, she's waiting for the other eight hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: So she didn't call for that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm kidding. We didn't even know about the eight hundred dollars death set. So just let Carly talk here.
Speaker 6: Call you there?
Speaker 8: Hey, yeah, I'm here. I mean, you're actually like it's a big deal to ask a question like I would you know, I didn't even.
Speaker 10: Ask a big deal.
Speaker 8: It was just informing, like I just told him I was still short.
Speaker 6: Are you wait?
Speaker 7: Are you putting it out as a vibe, like as an insinuation?
Speaker 10: Like why else would you tell me that after I just gave you two hundred dollars you know, like why why? Why else would you share that information? And what's what's this thing about? Like now I'm going to have to go to work?
Speaker 2: What is that what you said?
Speaker 4: Carl?
Speaker 2: You're not working?
Speaker 10: She actually said to me, I still got the text. I can read it to you.
Speaker 2: Oh that's what I wanted to begin. Please help, That's what I asked her to do.
Speaker 6: What did she say?
Speaker 10: Well, no, it says right here. She's like, look, I need eight hundred dollars more from you or I'm going.
Speaker 4: To have to go to work.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, that's way different.
Speaker 2: Who I thought you were trying to be vulnerable with this guy.
Speaker 8: You have to go to work, I mean, like nobody does. I don't want to.
Speaker 2: Crazy.
Speaker 10: This makes me question everything, like how did she even get that top golf? You know, did she pay for it? Somebody else pay for it?
Speaker 5: You know you don't have to pay for top golf. Yes you do if you had a birthday party. You don't, Jeff.
Speaker 2: Everyone chips in for birthday parties except for you. It's the same thing when we go to group thing and I have to say, Jeff, you have to pay.
Speaker 6: Before they bring the bill. There's nothing should I'm just saying, just like everything's.
Speaker 2: Free, you don't pay it not do not back this up, Curly. This is not good for you.
Speaker 3: I just don't eve you want rent going like a sugar dotty site.
Speaker 10: Not normal date exactly.
Speaker 6: You don't got to trick people. You could just be open to yeah, or just get a job.
Speaker 2: Why, it's just the universal rule of life.
Speaker 6: Why even being mean, She went to work, she got the money, she paid her rent.
Speaker 2: She said until next month.
Speaker 5: The person that we really need to focus on here is Blaine. I bet he feels horrible for not coming through for Carly. In her time of need and making her work condition out the eight hundred dollars.
Speaker 10: Right, yeah, I I feels so horrible.
Speaker 6: Okay, really wanted to hear because he's.
Speaker 10: No, I'm not responsible for no.
Speaker 5: Man, Well, here's what you won't have to be responsible for paying for your next date with Carly because we will cover that.
Speaker 6: Bill for you.
Speaker 2: Is that what you call this the beginning, Carly? We're going to cover the check.
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 6: Actually, wait, that made me think of something, Carly.
Speaker 5: Did you move up the date a few days earlier so you could ask him for your rent before it was due.
Speaker 2: Friday?
Speaker 6: Is that why you changed the day?
Speaker 8: That it's a coincidence?
Speaker 1: Come on, No, wait, Tuesday is way too specific to be a coincidence.
Speaker 6: The first of the month, Carly.
Speaker 5: I am equally parts disappointed and impressed by you.
Speaker 8: Okay, you guys are reading way too much into this, Like we just get on with the gift card thing.
Speaker 5: Jokes on you, Carly. Nobody here reads. But let's let's do what he said. Let's ask Blaine, would you like to go out with carl one more time.
Speaker 6: On our dime?
Speaker 10: I'm not feeling it. No, I go next thing? I know She's probably gonna be trying to sell me some bitcoin, Carly.
Speaker 5: Do you have some available though, because now the time it sounds like.
Speaker 8: No, I don't do crypto standard.
Speaker 1: She doesn't do any money, have nobody Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 6: Man, I didn't know that working was optional.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, it's not je We've all been here dedicating her whole life.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I didn't know I could do that. I need, I really need to look on to that.
Speaker 5: Hold on a second, Hey, Brooks, I'm a little short on plane money this month. You rent your clothes, so I'm sure you've got some extra cash.
Speaker 6: Question Mark.
Speaker 2: Brook checking?
Speaker 6: Okay, Okay, I'll see how she responds to that.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Hopefully looking at it is. Look at that she said, yes I.
Speaker 9: Did.
Speaker 5: I'm not sending you picks for it.
Speaker 6: You know what appropriate?
Speaker 10: Okay?
Speaker 6: Okay, No, I'm not, Brook stop close, stop it.
Speaker 5: Okay, Okay, I'm just gonna send her to the link to our podcast at Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 10: Either.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna send her the link and my photos on there. I'm oh god, oh god, please do not talk to me ever again. Thank you?
Speaker 6: All Right, the show is going to be weird moving forward.
Speaker 2: Don't send that to me.
Speaker 6: There was something in there for you too. Extra Brook, but.
Speaker 5: Go check out our podcast where you get yours at Brooke and Jeff Right. All of our photos are up on there, and email the show if you want help.
Speaker 6: We'll call that person who's not calling you back.