Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty. Armstrong and Getty and no he Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 2: In the so called White House Press Secretary wants to lecture America and lecture us about civility. Get lost, clean up your own house before you have anything to say to us about the language that we use. The threat right now in this country to the American people are extreme maga Republicans.
Speaker 1: That's the threat.
Speaker 3: No one has ever been more dangerous to this country than Donald Trump, and he is a fascist to his core.
Speaker 4: We're to war right now to save this country, and so you have to be willing to do whatever is necessary in order to save the country.
Speaker 5: I don't understand why it's so difficult for the press to have a consistent narrative about how dangerous Trump is.
Speaker 1: Do you think Donald Trump is a fascist? Yes? I do.
Speaker 3: We have a tim ol Hitler in the White House right now.
Speaker 1: They're still going to have to go out and put a bullet in Donald Trump. And that's a fact. He's just a vile creature, the worst thing one face of the earth.
Speaker 3: Who said the bullet come in. I mean that stands out is different than the other ones.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't recognize that.
Speaker 3: What was that that? That couldn't have been anybody in office? Nobody say to that.
Speaker 5: Wait a minute, Jasmine Crockett just said it was the whole thing was faked. It was a false flag. She's in office, she's an idiot. Well, we'll figure out.
Speaker 3: Saying something is fake is different than saying somebody needs to put a bullet in the president.
Speaker 1: You couldn't get away with that. Who was that in that clip?
Speaker 6: Rick Wilson, he's a political strategist.
Speaker 3: He's the Lincoln Project. Yeah right, those people. Lincoln Project is the most embarrassing thing anyway.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So what's really interesting out what's emerging from looking into the latest guy to try to assassinate Trump is how weirdly mundane, passionless, ill thought out, hardly ideological it is. I'm stealing this from Michael Brandon Doherty of the National Review, but he said it almost feels like as casual as assassination attempt as retweet. And there's a lot to this and I'm hoping I can, you know, herd it into a recognizable shape. But if you look at this guy's history online, it's interesting. He has a great deal of animosity toward Trump and the administration. But for instance, he had lately said that on the the insane islamiunist influencer Hassan Piker, he said, where is that quote? After he we mostly posted about video games, but then he started to get kind of political. But and he retweeted posts comparing Trump to Hitler the wake of the attempted assassination of Trump and Butler Pennsylvania, all and retweeted posts basically suggesting the attack could have been staged, blah blah blah. And then but then when the Hassan Piker guy was tweeting in favor of shoplifting, uh, he said, he retweeted somebody who said, I've spent a lot of time in countries where graft and drifting or the norm, and I assure you it, it's worth a truly immense cost to prevent that from taking hold in our society. You don't want to live in that kind of society. Hassan Piker is an effing idiot. And the shooter retweeted it, and then he retweeted somebody that's ae take and then he retweeted somebody else who was talking about some influencer streamer's dumb take, and he retweeted, I do not listen to any streamers because streamers are dumb. And a review of his posts on Blue Sky suggest the alleged gunman was primarily drawn to mainstream resistance figures, Democratic activist Will Stancil, Princeton history professor Kevin Cruz, democratic propagandist Aaron Rupert, New York Times columnist Jammel Bowie, Sarah Syong, the former Times editorial board member.
Speaker 1: That's who he mostly seemed into.
Speaker 5: Now, is this trying to draw some sort of therefore these people are assassins. No, not really. We all need to lower the political rhetoric. But the interesting and I think significant part of this is that this guy, in some of it, like his quote unquote manifesto, said things like administration officials, not including mister Patel, who he'd opened, who he had mentioned earlier, they are targets prioritized from highest ranking to lowest. He was armed with a shotgun, handgun, several knives. Spoke about his mission in the way someone who imagines himself a Navy seal.
Speaker 1: Might but is not actually a Navy seal, he might speak.
Speaker 5: They are targets only if necessary, Alan said of the Secret Service, and to be incapacitated none lethally if possible.
Speaker 3: Wow, have you ever watched a war movie or anything like that? I mean, I really think you have a it's childlife it is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then he included in his quote unquote manifesto three objections to his attack on the Washington Hilton, and his rebuttals to those objections, including number one was as a Christian, you should turn the other cheek, he replied, turning the other cheek as for when you yourself are oppressed. I'm not the person raped in a detention camp. I'm not the fisherman executed without trial. I'm not a school kid blown up, or a child starved or teenage girl abused by the many criminals in this administration. He'd bought the whole Trump is a.
Speaker 3: Pedophiles, as Nora O'Donnell mentioned the on Sixty Minutes the other night. Yeah he he. I personally know, Like I'm not just read this online. I personally know people who believe the Trump Hillary bushes all of them are baby raping pedophiles. So this guy believed that stuff, I mean, and if you believed that stuff, you could justify any action. If you believed that stuff, I mean, you could justify anything.
Speaker 5: It's also worth mentioning as both the free press, I believe it was. And a couple other people have mentioned that CNN has gone very big because again, this guy seemed to be mostly into pretty mainstream commentators.
Speaker 1: CNN's gone really.
Speaker 5: Big with a couple of those completely discredited people who came out of the woodwork and claimed they knew about Jeffrey Epstein, that there was baby eating, and that Trump was there and she saw him raping a young girl and just what I mean. The FBI under Biden, for what it's worth, you know, looked at these people and said, Okay, this is the sort of mentally ill person who comes.
Speaker 1: Out of the woodwork.
Speaker 5: But there are quote unquote mainstream outlets that are reporting this stuff gleefully because such great, delicious clickbait. But then you've got an intelligent, but again childlike in his judgment, fella who decides it's all true and he's gonna kill Trump in his entire cabinet for it. And his plan is again childlike in its completely utter lack.
Speaker 3: Of reality, so hear his marriage was on the rocks, or there's something bad with his family life.
Speaker 5: He had apologized he wrote his quote unquote manifesto as a suicide note essentially, and apologized for the pain it was going to cause his family, and also for the pain he had caused previous to that, the specifics of which I have no idea to.
Speaker 3: So there might be something we don't know about, something in his main personal relationship.
Speaker 5: Right, And though this guy was childlike, he was planning to run into a room in which the president was eating, guns blazing, he had to know he would die.
Speaker 3: Well, that's what I've wondered all along. It doesn't necessarily sound.
Speaker 1: Like he was expecting to die.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you do that experiment a thousand times, nine hundred and ninety nine times, you end up dead. I mean, the fact that he is not dead is shocking. He wasn't even shot. He just fell down, yeah where they could tackle.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I still think there's more to be learned on the bringing him down situation. It sounds like because there was a woman on the other day who happened to be in the hallway where he went down. You saw how he was running. If you've ever run like so fast, you're kind of out of control. He looked like he was running out of control. Why carrying a bunch of stuff? He just I think he fell and all his guns went flying and they were in and grabbed him. What if he hadn't fallen, would he had just went around that corner, down a couple of stairs and been in that room with a bunch of guns.
Speaker 1: Sure looks like it, And what did the It looks to me like.
Speaker 3: If he hadn't fallen, he had just been able to go right around the corner, down the stairs, and he'd been in that room full of people. Now you know what he'd been able to pull off?
Speaker 1: Then? I don't know, but people would have gotten shot.
Speaker 5: He had to recover a huge geographic space to get to the president and the people on the dais, but he certainly could have gunned down innocence and journalists and guests and that sort of thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think he fell down.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm willing to wait a couple of weeks for that, because you know, the first stuff you hear is always fake. In fact, later, maybe I've got a piece on all of the big time ish influors with influencers with hundreds of thousands or more followers on Twitter, how they were immediately out wearing their sexy keyhole dress, pronouncing what the news was and how it was all wrong, but that these people have hundreds of thousands of followers. Anyway, to get back to the main thread of this, there have been a couple of times in recent days we've quoted Jonathan Alpert, who is a practicing psychologist or psychiatrist, and he's writing a book about some of the mental problems of the modern age, and he's had a couple of great pieces printed, including in The Walls Street Journal, and he's writing about when rationalization turns deadly. The common thread that ties it would be Assassin's manifesto to a journalist's excuses for micro looting.
Speaker 1: And he's talking.
Speaker 5: About how this guy's manifesto said, do you think that when I see someone raped or murdered or abused, I should walk on by because it would be inconvenient for people who aren't the victim. Insofar as representatives and judges do not follow with the law, no one is required to yield them anything so unlawfully ordered. And he writes this reflects a pattern you see every day in less spectacular form, and he goes to the execrable, steaming horror that was the New York Times podcast with that Hassan Piker and those two giggling woman journalists indulging his islamiunism. But the logic is familiar. Large companies can absorb the loss. The system is unfair, the harm is negligible, and he says the behavior recedes and the explanation takes over, and if the explanation and I'm real summarizing quickly because we're running low on time, but he says, it's about how easily grievance turns into permission, and how feeling wronged starts to look like a reason to do wrong. And he says, in his practice that sort of rationalization he's seen throughout his entire career. Something was taken from me, so taking something back feels less like a violation and more like correction. And your question quietly shifts from is this right? To who deserves it? And once it shifts, the answer is always the same Jews. They deserve whatever I take from them, or if I hurt them or whatever. And he says it destroys relationships, and it destroys societies if it gets going. It's almost as if far leftists want to destroy our society and are teaching these values to all of our children and young adults.
Speaker 1: That would be terrible, wouldn't it.
Speaker 3: That's interesting though, I'd never thought about that, and I think that sounds true just psychologically. When you've been wronged, and we all get wronged at various times where things unfair happen, we have a desire, a need probably to balance the scales somehow.
Speaker 5: Well, right, it's just an extrapolation of he hit me, so I'm going to hit him. But when you get into human style rationalization, the hit that he did to me might be something perfectly acceptable or mundane. I can flesh this out because it's really well written. You know, maybe a little bit later, Joe, you see it everywhere and it's being taught to the kids. Do you all know about Chonkers. Chonkers, the giant sea Lion.
Speaker 1: Is the toast of the West Coast.
Speaker 3: It's a big star. You need to talk about Chonkers. I think I'm gonna take the kids to see Chonkers this weekend. That, among other things on the waist to hear. Joe and I, as of March, which was last month, have been on the air in San Francisco on the radio for twenty three years.
Speaker 1: It's amazing.
Speaker 3: That can't be right, I know. Anyway, So we're familiar to this. If you're not familiar to San Francisco or haven't ever been, you should go. One of the things you go down less bummy than it was a few years ago, definitely. Well, one of the things you do is you go around Peer thirty nine, which is a touristy area and see the sea lions who sunbathe on these floating little docks that they got out there. Well, a giant, giant one showed up the other day named Chonkers, which Katie first told us about the other day.
Speaker 1: When did Chonkers show up last week? Uh, two weeks ago.
Speaker 3: Chonkers is about three times bigger than any of the other sea lions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, two thousand pounds laying around. No joke, I've seen him. He's a BFS.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you, he's a stellar sea lion, which is not an adjective. That's actually the name of the kind of sea lions. Sounds like an adjective.
Speaker 5: They're also calling him Chonkis Maximus. I like that, but you know, I once pointed out a great egret to my son. He said, it's an alright, so it's one of those. Exactly, that's a stellar sea lion.
Speaker 3: It's okay, I don't know. Eleven feet long, two thousand pounds. They're usually only up in Washington nor Alaska, but this guy came way down further south.
Speaker 5: Can you give us a minute to contemplate two thousand pounds?
Speaker 1: It's pretty big.
Speaker 6: I just watched him jump up on one of the docks, and every other sea lion just went right into the water. The whole thing tipped.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: People are enjoying it because when he sprawls across the docks, he dwarfs all the other sea lions, and when he hauls himself up and flops down, it sounds like a tree falling.
Speaker 1: It says, I have not heard it yet.
Speaker 3: I might take the kids this weekend before he heads back up north. I guess he's described as pretty mellow, mostly sunbathing and eating.
Speaker 1: Sounds like me.
Speaker 3: Oh if this is helpful. This is what chat GPT told me. The nickname Chonkers came from social media. Basically Chonky being comically big. Okay, thank you, oh so much, comically big. I had zero idea.
Speaker 5: When if I witness a universal human reaction, it interests me and I think probably every human being on earth would look at that thing and say, holy crap, that's a big seale.
Speaker 1: Why we're impressed by it? But we all are. Yeah, look at the size of that.
Speaker 3: There is a live cam on Peer thirty nine. We should post that at the website so people could find it.
Speaker 1: I know what I'm doing is going to get nothing done.
Speaker 5: So you can watch Thenkers all the time.
Speaker 3: He usually usually shows up in the morning, but you can see him a various times through the day.
Speaker 5: As the morning, I think about it. Clearly, a beast that big from the dawn of time. Humans would either say, oh my god, that's a threat or oh my lord, that's a lot of meat.
Speaker 3: All right, Yeah, I gotta believe the the native people which we are broadcasting on lands once once owned by the subtribe probably eight time, probably eight people like Chonkers. When they showed up, It's like Chalkers.
Speaker 1: Is not there yet. I'll give I'll be back with live Chonker watch how is the how does the KM look, how's the equality? The quality?
Speaker 6: Wait, bether than what they had at the White House Correspondence, then I'll tell you that century.
Speaker 5: You know, what I'd like to do is go to elementary schools, especially in California, and make the little children cry by pointing to them, pointing out to them that a lot of the Native peoples hunted the large mammals of North America to extinction because they were big and media and delicious, so they just killed them till they were none left.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: I got a book recommended by our friend Tim Sandfer about the realities of the apaches that I got for my son, and he is going to do a paper for school about the realities of how Native Americans treated each other.
Speaker 5: And we will see how that goes. Maybe they could do a coloring book for younger children.
Speaker 3: Because that is an underdiscussed aspect of the people that had this land before. It's the way they treated these other It was not pleasant. It'll put the disgust back in disgust. Yes, that's really good.
Speaker 1: That's fantastic. We are more on the way. Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 4: The top college football player now Sideline Texas Tech, one of the top programs in the country, says transfer quarterback Brendan Sorosby is entering a treatment program for gambling addiction. ESPN reports, citing sources, that the NC DOUBLEA is investigating Sowersby for gambling on college football games. The NC DOUBLEA declined to comment to confirm whether he's been investigated.
Speaker 3: One of your biggest college football stars with a gambling addiction in a world where it's very, very very easy to gamble. That's not what we're going to talk about here. But there have been a number of articles I've come across in recent days about how the data is in this whole gambling everywhere is not working for society right. I don't know how you square that with libertarian views of people get to amble if they want, but a lot of people aren't handling it well.
Speaker 5: On the long list of things, I don't know how successful is treatment for gambling addiction compared to say, drug addiction.
Speaker 1: No idea, no idea.
Speaker 5: But if you know joff Us an oapmail bag and Armstrong and giddy dot com.
Speaker 3: Those stats we had the other day about people who played the lottery on how people with a household income of twenty thousand dollars a year household yearly income of twenty thousand dollars a year, by three times as many tickets as household incomes that make thirty thousand dollars a year, and they are buying a lot of them, So it's preying upon I don't know, do I want to use that perternalistic phrase. Probably not, because you get to make your own decisions. But that's who's buying. You're not wrong, that's who's buying most of the tickets, right Anyway, different topic.
Speaker 1: We've talked about this a couple of times.
Speaker 3: So the United States, it seems, is decided to try to keep Chinese cars out of America because we're worried about what that would do to our car market, which is a big part of our economy. The US car industry contributes one point three trillion dollars to the economy each year. That's a lot. And the old saying used to be so goes GM, so goes the United States economy. It's not that big anymore, but still a big deal. And we're concerned about the quality of these Chinese cars and their price.
Speaker 1: They're just so freaking cheap.
Speaker 3: Anyway, The Wall Street Journal's got a big piece today about car dealerships that are just across the border in Mexico, where people are buying them and driving them and liking them. Greeley is one of the cars that I would like to try out. They've got an EV that's supposed to be really good. It starts at twenty thousand dollars. Twenty thousand dollars is like the price of what cars was in the nineties.
Speaker 1: And not a strip down hunk of junk either.
Speaker 5: It's pretty technically advanced and impressive from every review I've read.
Speaker 3: So they say, I do have a little bit of the skepticism around. People like these stories so much. Remember when Tubuck Chuck took off. There've been a couple of those over the years. People just love the it's only two dollars, but it's really good thing. For some reason, I don't know why. That captures people's imaginations. And the two dollar line was actually pretty crappy. It was just the novelty of it and everything like that. So I wonder I'd like to sit in one of these cars before I buy in completely too. And there's a lot of you know, self hating reporters out there that would love to talk about how China is kicking our assid everything.
Speaker 1: So I would like to actually sit in one of these cars.
Speaker 3: But if they you know, if they drive off the lot and hold up at all, it doesn't even they don't even need to be great. For twenty thousand dollars, that's that is a price that I mean, we ain't got nothing like that in the United States.
Speaker 1: And I would point out.
Speaker 5: Your your citicism, I think is appropriate. But at the same time, when the head of Ford Motor Company went there and said I'm terrified, he wasn't being cynical.
Speaker 1: This stuff is.
Speaker 3: Incredibly good for the price, right, And again, it doesn't even need to be incredibly good at that price. It would just it would be a huge disruptor anyway. And the right across the border in Mexico, it's currently illegal to register these Chinese cars in the United States at all, and we're trying to put even more barriers on the ability for them to get into the country.
Speaker 1: Have we ever done that before with anything like this? Does that does that work long term? It seems pretty crazy. Yeah, I don't know. There's sky high tariffs too, but yeah, it's not a good sign.
Speaker 5: Although you could certainly make the argument, Number one, you've got Communist Party subsidies going to these manufacturers, so.
Speaker 1: That is dumping right off the bad right.
Speaker 5: You can't really make the cheaper labor argument because hell, go to your local Walmart. Virtually everything there is made in a country that has cheaper labor than We'd have.
Speaker 3: To figure out why, because so Elon Musk is a genius and set out to build a great electric car at the lowest price he could, and they are not inexpensive because the tech is so so, so amazingly expensive to put in these vehicles. Why is China able to make the tech good but cheaper than we have been able to What is going on there?
Speaker 1: Sub it is the subsidies an incredibly low labor cost.
Speaker 3: But it's well then if it's if it's the subsidies especially well, then you know, like you said, that is a stumping.
Speaker 1: That's a different category of competition.
Speaker 5: Chief Exeka, a Hundai motor said, I'm telling you it's a very difficult, not to say impossible, to compete. We cannot compete at the same price as the Chinese and the markets where we operate otherwise we will be losing money.
Speaker 1: So if they were not.
Speaker 3: Doing that, where the government is subsidizing a product to try to get it in and disrupt a market, would we allow it in the United States? Would you before allowing it in the United States and competing because you know that we went through this. If you're old enough, you remember American cars were so amazingly crappy in like the late seventies, early eighties or a period. American cars were just crap. And because we did allow Japanese cars in, people started buying Toyotas and Hondas because they weren't crap. And then Ford and Chevy had to get much much better, and they did and now they're good also. So you wouldn't want to not have fair competition because we've been through this once before.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 5: This is a great gray area that has super arguments on both sides. Because to further reduce our industrial capacity for making the weapons of war, which car manufacturers are very quick to adapt to when necessary, that would especially in favor of China having enhanced capability to do that. You could make a national security argument that would hold water.
Speaker 1: It's tough one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you've never been in a Tesla. The the the feel of a Tesla is comically cheap, I mean comically.
Speaker 1: Cheap, like it was a school project.
Speaker 7: Sometimes some of the stuff well, yet because the tech is so expensive, I mean it's so it's mind bogglingly good, the tech in my cyber truck. But like the like the little knobs and stuff like that, the little plastic thing you push down or pull up to, you know, put your window up and down, are just like so crappy, But it's the only way you could make the car even possibly close to affordable. They're almost not affordable now because the tech is so expensive.
Speaker 3: If you want a car that's like a modern Chevy or Honda with that tech, it's elucid and that costs two hundred thousand dollars and nobody's gonna buy those. It's just because the tech's so expensive, you have to make the plastic stuff so cheap to like you get it in the range of biable. So if China's come up with way to make a car that has Tesla level tech but like Honda level quality at a well, they have come up with way you have slave labor, and the Communist Party subsidizes it.
Speaker 1: Practically. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So they have three different automakers byd Geely and great Wall Motor that are among the biggest car makers in the world. They're gobbling up market share in Europe now, parts of other parts of Asia. In Mexico, Chinese vehicles account for a quarter of total sales already, and Canada is going to allow tens of thousands.
Speaker 1: Of them to be imported. Right around the corner.
Speaker 3: Do those countries not care about unfair competition? Volkswagen is the number one car maker in the world, and Europe is going to let China dump a bunch of Communist Party subsidized vehicles and undermine the number one car maker in all of Europe.
Speaker 5: I think it's going to be an enormous fight. I don't know. That's a great question. What is the gentleman saying.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's a national security issue one of your biggest industries for your entire economy. It's basically the Communist Party coming in and messing with your number one biggest part of your economy.
Speaker 1: You can't allow that.
Speaker 5: If I can get a cool car for cheap, I'll buy it anyway, say, thirty percent of American car buyers, according to strategic vision the market research firm. Thirty percent said yeah, I'd be open to that.
Speaker 3: Well, as opposed to what saying, that's a really great car, and it's really good quality and it's really cheap, but I'm not going to buy it because it's subsidized.
Speaker 5: As opposed to saying I ain't buying no communist deffing car.
Speaker 1: Yes, correct, that's interesting. I don't know.
Speaker 3: We need to figure this out. It looks like we're leaning towards we ain't gon allow them in the United States. I think that's a perfectly defendable position, unless somebody can talk me out of it.
Speaker 5: A couple more consumer type stories after this consumer type message from our friends rough Greens.
Speaker 1: You love your dog.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's nothing's more self evident than that you want them to have a long, happy, healthy life. And a lot of dog owners don't realize that the live nutrients your dog needs to thrive for missing from their food. And that's where rough Greens comes in. It's America's number one dog supplement. You sprinkle right on their food.
Speaker 3: And you're going to get to try it for nothing, which we'll explain in just a little bit. But it's got all these vitamins and minerals and everything like that made in the US. By the way, it's an American product. You just sprinkle it on top of your dog's food. Your dog could feel younger, more energetic, healthier. Get a free Jumpstart trial bag today. All you do is cover the shipping. Go to Roughgreens dot com and use a discount code Armstrong.
Speaker 5: But does it have enzymes you're asking, Yes, probiotics, enzymes, omegoils, over twenty live vitamins and minerals fabulous supports your dog's digestion, energy, overall health. Get your free jump Style Jumpstart trial bag for your dog today.
Speaker 1: Just cover the shipping.
Speaker 5: Like Jack said, go to Roughgreens dot com use discount code Armstrong.
Speaker 1: That's our u. F fgreens dot com discount code Armstrong. Rough Greens. They make any dog food better.
Speaker 3: I drove my son, well, I didn't drive my son, Tesla Elon drove my son to his orthodonist appointment yesterday in my cyber truck. And I'd never done this before. Usually I drive the first part with my hands and feet, just through the neighborhood. I don't know why, but I did driveway to parking lot. Never touched the steering wheel and it was perfect the whole way, through traffic, on ramps, all kinds of different situations.
Speaker 1: It was amazing. Wow. I gotta get that. I gotta get that. Yeah.
Speaker 5: So, speaking of consumer issues, the World Cup this summer is going to be the great return of soccer, the world's most popular sport, to America, US men's national teams hosting the tournament for the first time since the nineties. But listen at is Wicha. The first match against Paraguay on June twelfth in la should have been sold out, clearly, but instead the ticket prices are well, the cheapest cheap seat in an upper corner section is eleven and twenty dollars.
Speaker 1: A better is four thousand dollars. And those aren't resale sites.
Speaker 5: Those are the FIFA prices, And so there are swaths of stadiums unsold out.
Speaker 1: FIFA which gave Donald Trump their Peace Prize. That's true. In a moving ceremony, the cheap seat is eleven hundred bucks.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah for the opening match, four thousand for a decent seat.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 5: And as this one software engineer is a big soccer fan says, we're not talking about the knockout round. We're talking about the group stage game. It's absolutely bonkers. This week, FIFA's website showed seats available for the US opener in at least a few dozen sections of the seventy thousand seats stadium.
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 5: It's especially jarring considering the surgeon soccer's popularity over the last three decades.
Speaker 3: I went merka, but apparently, I mean the the price of the seat would lead you to believe that I wasn't going to go anyway, because I find soccer unbelievably boring.
Speaker 1: You're an ignoramous you don't get the beauty of the game.
Speaker 3: I'm not a foreign with nothing else to do.
Speaker 1: Do you go to an art museums and say it's a bowld fruit? It's stupid fruit. What's interesting about fruit? Exactly? And you're kritting anyway.
Speaker 5: The July nineteenth final prices have ranged from forty two hundred dollars to eleven thousand, and the third place game, Oh, who wouldn't pay dearly to see who gets third and who gets fourth? Lower bowl corner seats are priced at ninety six hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: Wow, But but a lot of people coming from all over the world. Right, that's the whole thing, because it's it is the biggest sport in the world by far.
Speaker 5: They got six wives and half a dozen Bentleys for each you know, for each wife. Sure, I'll probably buy them up. I don't know, yeh, I know. How good is our team? How good are we going to be? Do we know we're America?
Speaker 1: Damn it? I don't know. I haven't What did that mean? I have no idea.
Speaker 5: Oh man, I've got some more consumery economic stories. Maybe we can squeeze those in a little bit later. You got AI companies buying up tens of thousands of square feet of Manhattan commercial real estate. They got two employees, but they think they're gonna have a lot soon. I came up with a great new metaphor. They're probably gonna steal this in the Wall Street Journal, and I ought to get paid for it. It may not be a bubble, but this whole AI thing is definitely inflated.
Speaker 1: Is it a bubble? Is it a birthday balloon?
Speaker 5: Or is it one of those milar balloons you end up having a jab with a knife to get rid of because it never deflates, right, bubble or my lar balloon.
Speaker 1: Stay tuned all that on the way.
Speaker 8: An attacker doesn't even need to have to have it out. They can simply just bump against your wallet just automatically steal the information through essentially a wireless radio frequency.
Speaker 5: I want, huh what was that? They call it ghost tapping jack. They can charge your card without you even leave in your pocket.
Speaker 3: Well wait a second, I tap stuff all the time, so obviously take I use my watch, but I could use my card. There's lots of us do or you just tap your card on there, so so somebody can come up and tap my card in my pocket.
Speaker 1: That makes sense.
Speaker 5: According to the written account, they can use cheap, easy to read card readers. Thieves can trigger small wireless transactions just by getting close enough to your wallet or phone.
Speaker 1: No swipe, no pin, no warning.
Speaker 6: Yes, Katie, that is why all of my loved ones and myself have what's called an RFI D wallet. It actually has a protectant in the outside layer that can block anybody from doing this.
Speaker 5: I was just at a outlet store which will remain how anameless, although if you traveled to Columbia you might see their clothes and that was like all they sold in the wallet department. I thought necessary.
Speaker 1: It's very popular. But how bulky are they? I wear very tight pants.
Speaker 6: They're not.
Speaker 1: Stop. Stop, that's my answer to that. Quick.
Speaker 6: I tried to just go right by that, you know what I mean, Just just power through it.
Speaker 1: I'm not all seen, cannot be unseen. I'm a single man. I need to have everything on display. We get it. You shop at baby gap, Okay, very good.
Speaker 5: No, no, So the scam relies on crowded spaces like transit concerts, busy sidewalks where uh, you never realize the charge is happening. Better business bureaus out and saying when you think about how convenient commonplace payment has become, and it is, it's just a matter of time before somebody takes advantage of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Oh, and they do really small transactions. That's an interesting aspect of this, just to see if it goes through. Then what attackers are doing is adding that to their digital wallets and essentially buying gift cards and doing other types of scams to make a quick transaction out of it, but to take as many dollars as it can the shortest period of time possible.
Speaker 1: I'm one of those people.
Speaker 3: I mean, I know I should be like my mom always was or adults are, but I'm not where you know, I go through my credit card bill every month because there's eight thousand things and I don't go through them. It would be very easy to milk me fifteen or twenty two dollars at a time, A big one I would notice, but yeah, because you know there's so many charges on there.
Speaker 5: But if it's a gift card, you know, what do you well, I suppose the credit card company has to cover that.
Speaker 3: Well no, but I mean just even noticing I'm being stolen from you could do it for a year's for me, you know, a little bit at a time.
Speaker 5: So if you, if you like the utilities and phone companies, do yes mystery charges, you'd never notice and they steal, steal, steal exactly.
Speaker 1: And you just roll your eyes and think on whatever and you go on and pay it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So if you, if you, if you brushed up, got close enough somebody to tap ten different cards and you hit them each for you know, forty dollars a month, that'd be a quick, easy four hundred dollars a month you're making that nobody would.
Speaker 5: Probably ever know let's see, and then they go through an RFID blocking card, which is a dollar apiece that's the cheapest option and does not work. A blocking sleeve which is like twenty cents per piece. One card fits inside each sleeve, so you need one for each item, and your wallet sleeve work for both the plastic and metal cards, but was slightly inconvenient.
Speaker 1: You got your Faraday pouch, which worked very well.
Speaker 5: However, your cell phone services also need sleek and then RFID blocking wallet phone case combo extra sleek for the aging low Thario. The wallet feature worked, the cards could not be charged while inside it.
Speaker 3: I should just not carry my card. I really only need my watch to live my life at this point. If it's only I got my watch on, I can do whatever I want. Yeah, okay, Uh, yet another thing to worry about. That's what we all needed. That's what we do every day. Here's a list of things to worry about. Come back tomorrow for another list of things to worry about.
Speaker 1: Don't worry about racism. Most of it is fake.
Speaker 5: We've got an unbelievably revealing study of major media headlines over the last fifty years that will raise your eyebrows.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: I want to hear a little of the King's speech from yesterday, King Charles in the United States. Among other things, at now were three
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty