Speaker 1: I'm moving. I'm moving, and a lot of people have moved. I'm not the only person who ever moved. I have resources, etc. But the impetus of the move is immediate. I am a person at the minute. There's like a disaster. And that's why I can like activate and get into high gear and move mountains and raise tens of millions of dollars. Okay, but the problem is, I'm good for it. It's not good for me. Is to produce events. I was good for it, it wasn't good for me. I can't leave one detail undetailed. I can't know it's not all finished. I lay down to sleep in a place. Everyone around me has to understand that there is not a fucking corn husk prong thing in it. To eat corn if you want to like meaning, it has to be a fully stocked universe and everything has to be perfect. And it's a problem. And I'm not saying it's good. It's not changing. We are fucking too far into this thing. We are the horses left the barn. We are pot committed, and we just that toothpaste is not going back in that fucking tube.
Speaker 2: So wah.
Speaker 1: I was in a relationship and I mean fucking hi. I was born at Long Island, Jewish in Queens, nearby stake Charlie's near the tennis stadium. Wow, there's a lot to say. I could tell you my whole life story. One day, I'll tell you why I'm not Jewish, not Catholic, not anything. My whole life is just being Ish. But here we are in this discussion, and I will tell you that I left the Housewives, was in a relationship, was in the sick sick apartment in New York City in Soho. The pandemic hit and that six sick apartment in Soho became less desirable at that time. So I ended up migrating out to the Hamptons. Don't forget, I have a daughter and did never all the time, ended up the pandemic, ended up cracking open something crazy and saving my life. And I just ended up in a different place than when the pandemic started, as it pertains to my daughter. And so I was in a relationship and it was long distance, but long close distance, which is almost worse than long long distance, because long close distance isn't that sexy, and like it's the travel isn't sexy, and you're just sort of like trying to figure it out. But it's still almost the same effort as getting on a plane to go somewhere like far distance, and it just it wasn't very ideal. And so as a dumb idea in fantasy lamb when we thought like find a place halfway or equidistant or close or whatever. I ended up moving to the suburbs during the pandemic. And what's funny is certainly my personal well being and health and love is more important than money. But by making this move to the suburbs and going out to Connecticut, I can say it now because I'm moving and it's no longer security risk. I ended up flipping three houses and making millions and millions of dollars in Connecticut, including the house that I bought. I am very good at real estate. Touching story, it doesn't matter. But I ended up moving to the suburbs and moving to Connecticut, to an area called Greenwich that is beautiful. It is then I'm gonna say this as I leave Greenwich in my house that I sold and made a big profit, rockets to the to the fucking to Saturn because of this sentence. But I'm gonna say this. Greenwich is probably the nicest town in the United States of America. And I mean I've been Aspen and Palm Beach and Beverly Hills and bel Air, et cetera. Like Greenwich is not even a town. It's big, but it's like horses and property and old gorgeous stone walls that go on forever and gates and honestly, in the movies, it's like portrayed like Palm Beach, and there's an allure to it because of the name. It's actually pretty fucking chill. It's not like that, like there are people and there assholes everywhere, but it's like very nondescript, like Palm Beach is like dress in pastels. You're in a costume party every day, Like you're in the costume party, costplaying yourself, and you have of a billion dollars and you actually feel like you're a loser because you don't have five billion dollars. Like people are warped there, people are insane. It's a big flex and it's a big flex of a place that people pretend that they don't care about their like they play like it doesn't matter. Money is the main thing that matters, and Greenwich is not like that. Okay, Aspen's like that, but it's also not like that. Aspen is highs and lows like down like Aspens, like the ski operators hanging out at like a tech billionaire's house. So it's got the texture, and Miami has that too. Miami can be like cheesy European South American international Dubai asshole, douchebag, flashy watch, tight black T shirt, but also like chic Argentine woman with her hair slicked back like a band of sole ad, et cetera. Palm Beach has one note. It's called money. It's gonna be the longest story in history. I'm not even getting close to it, so anyway, I And also like Nantucket is different. Nantucket's a little more like Aspen. Like you have like like probably fishermen, but like also like billionaires and like you know, you've got Dave Portnoy, like degenerate gambling in his basement and like the rich wasp bos from Palm Beach don't want him there, but he like probably gets along with some of the local people and like Boston people, they get off the ferry and like it's a mixed bag. It's just different. Okay, pom Beach doesn't really have a lot of lows. They export them at the end of the day of five o'clock, after the work's done. Okay, So I moved to Greenwich, and I think Greenwich is one of the nicest places in America, if not the it's just it's and also there's horses, and there is water and boating and you know, assholes and nice people. But there are like middle class people and Greenwich of people don't know about and it's bigger than people think. And I liked it. But I'm not from here and I'm not really from anywhere. But I don't have any connection and it's almost like you're playing double Dutch.
Speaker 2: You're trying to like jump in.
Speaker 1: And I could have any connection I want because I have access and I know people, and the few people that I do know here, every single one of them is like a name brand person. But I'm not, like I only have two really good friends here, a couple here, and like other than that, I'm not gonna just like start hanging out with people because I know them and because they're like name brand people.
Speaker 2: It's just not my personality. I like my people.
Speaker 1: I like the Hamptons, which also is extremely highs and lows too. It's extremely they call it bonic, which is like locals and fishermen and watermen and ocean rescue. And then also yes, there are billionaires that are like in Sagaponic and run major hedge funds and everything in between. Honestly, there's like a lot going on there too. But like I know the Hamptons, I've been going there since I'm twenty.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: I feel comfortable there, and there's a vibe there that, even in January when it's freezing, like you feel like you're on some version of a vacation. And Granwich is more like where you live. And I just didn't really immerse, and I just like, I'm familiar with the place I'm familiar with, and I love them. In addition, in flipping these houses, I ended up in this massive house, a compound, and it was a reaction to the first house I was in, which was a good, substantial house. But because of my business and because of this podcast, and because of the studio, and because of the shooting, and because you know, shooting social media shit, and because of people.
Speaker 2: Being around, I want people around. I need people around.
Speaker 1: But I don't actually want them around, so I need different spaces. And the place I ended up in had like a separate structure, which is like great, this would be a we work, which it became we call. It's literally called the we Work. This entertainment bar and this separate, separate structure that I created out of like a wood shop. These are all the things I do also to create value. The work was a shed. The entertainment barn is a shit like place where rakes were. But I'm very good at envisioning what things can be. That's just like my that's my gift in life, knowing seeing something and being able to see something nobody else sees.
Speaker 2: I'm really good at that.
Speaker 1: That's why I've been exceptional at personal real estate, and like the numbers are all live, I've done extremely well.
Speaker 2: So the entertainment barn.
Speaker 1: In britn and the movie screen in the bar, and I create all these fantasies that like don't end up happening for me. You know, this amazing gorgeous dining room in this landmark property that's from seventeen forty three, and it's historical and has original beams. So we're gonna take the original beams that I found in the attic, and we're going to put them under the stove, you know, the top of the stove and the ceiling of the kitchen and like all this vision right, and you don't know how you're actually gonna live. And like this gorgeous dining room that is original seventeen forty three, this has those only twenty people that have ever lived here.
Speaker 2: It's a landmark property. The governor lived.
Speaker 1: Here, and this relationship that I'm in, but like then everybody gets deal fatigue, and like I don't want to go there, and they don't want to come here, and like kids have their own activities and they're doing their own things on the weekend. So it's not the thing where you like took this house because you like thought everyone was gonna be frozen in time and live in the same house together, and like it never happened, and I never I did one. The only dinner I've ever done in that dining room was my team for like takeout Italian and my daughter and I Christmas Eve, and like it was beautiful that we did it, but it also felt sad. Like I used to say, like I'll one day be in a relationship where I'm gonna have like a dinner party here and have people over and someone's gonna come play the piano, and like it never happened, and it was kind of sad. I just didn't talk about it ever because there was nothing I could do about it. And I was in this big property with an addition, there was this apartment that I made if anybody was ever gonna live on the property, or if anybody ever needed to like sleep over because they drove too late, or an assistant we were doing HCN in the morning, and like there was this apartment under this three thousand foot cottage, and in my mind it was like, I'm gonna shoot commercials there and like brand things there. But I ended up wanting to do it in my own space, in my own house, and I built a studio in my basement, and I was like the cat lady living on his fucking property. And it became Chicago O'Hare or Atlanta Airport. It became this hub where like I would be as a waiting place to go other places to go to snowboard and assmen to get out to the Hamptons to go somewhere do something, be on a vacation, but like I, it was suffocating me. At the same time, I started this social media life and brands were sending shit, And as I kept getting more and more shit, it found more places. Put it in the cottage, put it in the basement, put it in a studio, put it in the we work, give it to that person, put it in the Hampton's, put it in the city. And like I used to have this anxiety like this house is gonna kill me. And I am the opposite of a hoarder. I keep nothing just to tell you how much this house like enveloped me as just one person with a daughter who's here probably like three quarters of a time. And like I'm looking around it, like the light in the equipment, and I make everything cute. I can't help it. I make everything like perfect. I have heart shaped lights on the ceiling for the studio, and like I keep trying. But I've always been a person that likes small spaces in special places. So I left my gorgeous Soho apartment when I went to the Hampton's and I sold it for a massive profit, and I dipped back in because of my daughter and where she was in school at the time. And I bought a two bedroom apartment in New York City, like for when I do shoots in the city and like working there. And that seemed to be very good because it's a small it's two bedroom, but it's it's small for me and like for what I do. So it's like a small space and a special place in a different part of New York City I'd never spent time in. So now I feel like I'm like a tourist when I go. You know, it's not the Soho Tribeca of my younger years. It's more like calmer, like more almost like adult in a way. It's not cool, it's more like just nice. And then I always wanted to have a place in Florida, so I bought a small place in Florida and like that too. I was like, wait, I really like this small space life. So I was just sitting here like everybody else my age, and I talked about it on this podcast. That's like waiting to see what's gonna happen when their kids go to college, knowing that I will move out of here, and then Brita would be like, but mom, I'm gonna want a place to come back from college. I'm like, we're not from here, and I know we love it and you have good friends, but you're gonna come back from college and you're gonna go to spring break and in the summer, you're gonna want to be in the Hamptons where we are, Like this house will be probably a two week a year thing for you. You know it's not. And I left it alone, like I'm doing. We do everything for our kids. I'm staying here for her until she graduates college or goes to college. And let's see what happened. So we were down in Florida and something very personal transpired and I went to school in Florida, and I don't want to get into all the details of this now, but something happened and my daughter, who had said years ago, I want to move to Florida, she cried to me one time. I'm like, we can't. There are a set of circumstances we can't, and I can't. And it actually would have helped that other long distance relationship because that person wanted to move to Florida too, But at that time it was just a concept and I couldn't have imagined living in Florida. So she said, I want to move to Florida this trip, and I was like something had happened, and I was like, maybe this is a silver lining that this thing happened and Florida became a real concept, like she had years ago said it. We dropped it because she has great friends and a great life, and she just said it, and she met and she begged me, but she didn't have to beg me, like she's just like I really want this. I'm like, you sure, And I know my kid, and I knew that once this was presented, this situation for her, that she'd want to move, and I just was like fuck it, like like fucking fuck it, Okay, you know. I didn't say that to her. I said it to myself. And I was in mode. I was in mode like the California fires had just happened, Like something had just happened and I had to solve the problem. And I got in mode and I that was a month ago. That was literally a month and four days ago, and I have been a frazzled, manic mess since then. It leaned into school house, sell house, pack house, and I was always thinking in the background, like this fucking house is gonna kill me. This fucking house is gonna kill me. It's the best house. It's an amazing, extraordinary house for a family that has kids, that have kids that will come home for you have a staff, Like there's an apple orchard, there are apples, like I can't believe I was so successful that I was able to buy this, But more importantly, I can't believe that I am so like I have such vision that I was able to make this into such an extraordinary property for someone like I don't get emotional about things like that. I sold the house in the Hamptons that I was in for like ten twelve years, and we were just like ready. But there's something about this house that I've been in and this town Greenwich that I feel like I didn't give it its fair share, you know, for me at the stage of my life, and it was so amazing. And the person getting this house like once this is out, like the deal will be done already. This house sold itself. This house, I had ten people come to look at it off market. Four wanted to come back, two wanted to make offers like it's been crazy and it's a lot more than I paid. Because I put my blood, sweat, tears, pours into this house, and like I was almost crying on the planet today coming home from Florida, just for like feeling like there's a plaque that says there were only twenty people since seventeen four three that have ever lived in this house, and I'm one of them, and my name is on the plaque, And like I feel like a fucking sellout for leaving this house after a couple of years, but like someone deserves to be in here. That's not gonna not use that dynamo and it's not going to not use the entertainment bar and that.
Speaker 2: I built for them.
Speaker 1: And I'm a person that like doesn't like when somebody made a lot of money on a house, Like I need to see the work. So whoever these people are, because I don't know their names that came in, like they are getting such an extraordinary home that I've put my life into, and like people would pay me a lot of money to do what I've done, like it was insane. So I was like sentimental about it. But I've been a manic fucking mix because I've had my entire staff and I have a staff in circles moving shit out. Here's the thing and You've heard me talk a lot about decluttering and stuff. The thing is, this is the thing I have gotten rid of. This is not an exaggeration. Seventy percent of my stuff seventy percent. Not a day goes by that there are not ten things, and we haven't gotten to furniture yet. I'm leading every single fucking thing. There has not been a day that I haven't said dump it, dump it, dump it, goodbye, donate it, get rid of it, to ten things. I am dispassionate about anything. I don't care about stuff. I want this new life to be stuff free. I want to not be shackled. I want to not be enveloped.
Speaker 2: I want to not.
Speaker 1: Feel that I need all this space. I want to feel free. I want a date. I want to enjoy. I want to live. I want to have fun. I want to travel. I and this weird, majestic, magical thing that I did put out into the universe, it just came and it saved me, Like I just I got out, and I got out ethically in the sense that like I did not.
Speaker 2: Push this on my kid.
Speaker 1: And we can tell our kids what they have to do and where they have to go, and they have to switch schools, the last year of high school. If we want because we're about to get a job, or we're going to do something, or we get married, or we could do whatever we want.
Speaker 2: I didn't do that. I just didn't want to do that.
Speaker 1: My kid's been through a lot and she wanted it. And I just feel so happy that like it's all coming together. But at this particular moment, I'm a just a goddamn fucking wreck. Like I'm just a little bit of a frazzle mess. I can't get out of it. I have to finish everything. I swam in the ocean this morning. I walk down the beach this morning. Like my best friends of my entire life live in Florida. My best like the best friends that I have on this planet live in Florida. I have a community there. I want a community for my daughter. I want a family for us, and like a place like, for example, my friends from Florida, that's who we're seeing on Mother's Day. I want to feel like we're part of something. We don't have that strong family unit. I want to feel like we're part of something, and like I don't feel like that in Greenwich, and I don't feel like that in the city because I feel like that's what the city is.
Speaker 2: I just don't feel it. So my body, my choice. We're moving.
Speaker 1: I'm stressed. Had a glass of wine on the plane today. For the first time in a while. I haven't been drinking. It just feels like the only thing that's gonna like calm me a little bit fucking down is to just have a drink.
Speaker 2: And it's not a good idea. I think I'm allergic to tequila. The other day.
Speaker 1: My face started getting read right away and I had like a terrible headache the next day. And that's why I stopped drinking to begin with. One tequila, give me one margarita. So anyway, I had a glass of wine on the plane because I was just like, what am I gonna do? Like I need to calm down. So I'm a mess, and that's a ramp