Speaker 1: All right, let's start off with Mary.
Speaker 2: I meet yourself. Please, we are coming to you. Hi. Everyone.
Speaker 3: I'm well, so I'm gonna make it quick. I literally bought Amazon. You guys are gonna laugh at me. I'm giving away my age on sharebuilder.
Speaker 1: Okay. Back in.
Speaker 3: Okay, my roommate and I we're in our dorm rooms and we're like, oh, you know, goofballing, and we did it.
Speaker 1: So I'm good right now.
Speaker 3: I want to get into the whole bitcoin, but I'm not as confident as far as what I've done with the stocks. And you know, I'm sitting here and I said to myself, all right, I'm going to do it. Do I do six hundred? Do I do twelve hundred? Because I feel that's nice and you know, cautious, safe amount. And I'm looking at the bindance as the way to go, and I'm just trying to figure out am I perceiving that correctly?
Speaker 1: Or should I just all back?
Speaker 4: And before I gotta give you praise? What year did you buy Amazon?
Speaker 1: Ninety nine?
Speaker 3: That's why I'm laughing these days, like people have no idea, Wow, I'm good.
Speaker 4: What percentage are you up? And tell them how important? Long term investment is please.
Speaker 3: You just got to chill, Like seriously, it was a joke for us in college, Like my roommate I Asian guy moved off campus. Are like, let's try it out and see what's you know, what's going to happen? We lose what twenty five dollars and we just wrapped up because it was like something like nineteen and change, if I remember correctly, nineteen We just we.
Speaker 1: Just wrapped up.
Speaker 4: You don't need bitcoin, you got bitcoin gainst from Amazon.
Speaker 3: I do, but I just I don't want to you know, I don't want to sleep. I've got two kids and I just want to make sure they're could you.
Speaker 4: Know binancer is a good option. I probably wouldn't touch it till it goes to forty six fifty six though it's too high. Okay, I will wait, but we need to get you. Can we Jennet get her information. I need to send you an award plaque for those who don't know show Builder go Google. I know, yeah, you are a seasoned veteran, but what are you comfortable saying? What percentage you're up in Amazon all time?
Speaker 1: Let's just have to you know, I'm gonna put myself up. I'm good. The kids are good. My kids kids are good.
Speaker 3: We're good, and I just, you know, I just want to be knowledgeable because you know, I come from the family of Nigerian and it's putting money in the bank. So we weren't taught making money work for you. So I'm coming out there, you know, making this money work for me. And when I showed my parents like buying houses, you know, I'm in Connecticut buying house is two three hundred thousand cash, no mortgages, and just again lend it work for itself.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 4: You are literally the message I've been preaching forever that.
Speaker 1: Free we don't now, We just we don't know.
Speaker 3: And it's unfortunate because as the black people, we don't know what we don't know, so we are our own worst enemy in a sense.
Speaker 5: Mary, you were saying six hundred, twelve hundred As far as what is that much coins you want to buy?
Speaker 4: What are we talking?
Speaker 3: The funny I wanted to put towards it like I'm I'm definitely you know, I feel like I feel confident in my stocks, but again with bitcoins, I'm still trying to learn it. So twelve hundred is it's I don't want to say trump change.
Speaker 6: But two hundred dollars not two hundred coins. I'm like, wait our valad doorboards seven hundred Bitcoin's like she's not buy never one hundred.
Speaker 4: Said she's good, So like we never know, we never know. Shout no, you definitely know, bro, Yeah to twelve hundred is a good investment holder. For three or four years. We will be related treated the same way as any top ten company on nastac. It moves the same rate of speed to volatility is almost equivalent. You'll be good.
Speaker 3: So my money guy's talking me out of it, and he's like, no, you're fine right now, Like, well why not, no, no, no, rebe.
Speaker 4: Twelve hundred won't hurt your lifestyle, And that's that's what I said.
Speaker 3: And I'm a very like I'll split a penny four ways, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're good for sure, Yeah, I al way for the forty thousand market, you'll be good. But I have to get you to work. Thank you for apprecing this, and especially for a woman. Can you tell the women how important it is and how much better it's made your life by.
Speaker 3: Investment ladies, sisters, I can't even I'm gonna make you, guys sad for a moment, but I think I really need to put it out there.
Speaker 1: My husband passed.
Speaker 3: Away one year ago, battling new gags disease and his passing. We're okay, and even before that, I was okay as a female, and I think we are so still stuck in this momentum of you need a partner, you know, because money is about men and it's really not that.
Speaker 1: You know, you have to be able to stand.
Speaker 3: On your own, and there's nothing wrong with standing on your own and knowing what money is, understanding how it works, what is it, what is the value of it. You don't have to wear it, but know it, understand it, make it work for you.
Speaker 2: That's incredible.
Speaker 4: I want to meet Mary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have to.
Speaker 4: There's something about Mary. We got to meet her. Oh my god, Yeah we got We've got to get here to Houston.
Speaker 5: Look of this out. Yes, yes, Yes to you and the family.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you, Thank you for the info.
Speaker 4: Guys.
Speaker 1: I'm definitely gonna lean that way.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Mary, thank you.
Speaker 6: I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Since ninety nine, Like, let's take a moment and let that breathe. I was looking at the chart, Blake. So everybody put in chat long term and that's is the way. There's no trader that has on paper and with real money that is outperformed. That number of return long term is a way. Go ahead.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go to another lady here, Denise.
Speaker 7: So please, oh Denise, No, it's been so long since it's been a Frisbrank YouTube.
Speaker 4: Let's get back to eight thousand. What was going on?
Speaker 5: They was talking crazy about you, but I was just saying, She's, well.
Speaker 8: Hey, guys, I'm happy to be on here to talk to you guys tonight. I have a quick question about I just recently stopped working, So I have a four oh one K that's like two hundred and fifty thousand, and I'm a little bit afraid of like what's going to happen with the market coming with the recession, so I know I need to switch it over to an IRA. I also have some stocks, so I'm just kind of in that mode of not really knowing what to allocate everything in.
Speaker 6: So first, yeah, as far as the question of rolling over to the IRA, it's definitely always a good I'll just start off with this is the reason why it's a good idea to roll over a four one K into an IRA. Is that when you leave your job, your full one K is kind of frozen in the sense is not frozen where it's not growing, it's still growing whatever however it's invested, but it's frozen. Whereas you can't add money to it, you're kind of stuck. You're stuck with the investment options that are provided for you by the four one K. So full one K usually has like a menu of like let's say ten or twelve different investment options that you get to pick and choose from. Like let's say Fidelity manages the fund, they'll give you like fifteen different options to choose from. So you can't just invest in anything you want. You have to invest in what is given to you in the four one K. You really can't get investment advice on it, like legally, if you call a one one hundred number, they can't actually like give you advice over the phone. Most of the time people don't have a relationship with the advisor that have done that did their full when K when they're no longer with the job. You can't borrow from it when you're no longer working, So there's not really a lot of advantages of keeping an old fall one k at the fall one k. So that's that's the reason why you roll into an IRA, because now when you roll into an IRA, you can invest in anything that you want. You can put money into the IRA over the course of time. It serves as a central hub. So if you have a couple of old fall one k's, it kind of gets hard to manage, so you can roll it all into one central IRA. So these are all the benefits of actually doing the IRA, first and foremost. Second of all, I believe she said what to invest in?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: Was that a question part of it? What's talk to you?
Speaker 6: So with the retirement you know you said you want you interested in what to invest in the four one k?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: Correct?
Speaker 4: Yeah, So with the.
Speaker 6: Retirement account, you know, me personally, I like to be a little bit more conservative.
Speaker 5: This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding a professional's routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank, it might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, But keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 4: Erness. What's Up?
Speaker 5: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like The checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless where whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners. Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most Ready to see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 9: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast? Easy? Just use Indeed. Stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer, speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at Indeed dot com slash po d kat z thirteen. Just go to Indeed dot com slash pod kat z thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring indeed is all you need.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't necessarily take a lot of risk from my retirement account. So we talk about, you know, a lot of great ETFs. You know, Ian always talks about v oo vt i QQQ is one one of my personal favorite ones. You know, you have the xlks of the world spy, which is the S and P five hundred. So you know, I would go more on the index ETF route. I feel like that'll be something that you can sleep wealth at night knowing that you're investing in you know, twenty of the top companies in the world, and you know, not necessarily putting it in one company and with the IRA. Also, it's important to keep in mind that it's also a long term play even when you're in retirement. Retirement is just the beginning part of it. So it's like most people. You know, it's crazy because you talk about Mount Everest, and most people die on Mount Everest coming down the mountain, not coming up the mountain. Reason being is that everybody has a plan getting up the mountain, but nobody ever really.
Speaker 4: Considers how they're going to get down the mountain.
Speaker 6: So retirement is the same way I look at it like the day you retire, it's like the top of the mountain, but that's only half the battle. Now you actually have to get down. So you know, you could live another twenty thirty years in retirement. So the money still has to actually work for you. You just can't have it in a conservative bond account when you retire because you know, when you're taking money out, if it's not growing and you're taking too much money out, what's going to happen over the court of time is that you're going to actually run out of money. So that's why you still want to be invested in the stock market at all times at some level of exposure. Now you might you know, peel it back as you get you know, older, but all of those different funds that we just talked about b O, O, QQQ, sp Y, they all give you exposure to the stocks and you know it'll still have time to grow over the course of time. Even if it's out of all time high right now, ten years from now is not, it's going to be higher. Odds are the stock market is going to be higher than it is now.
Speaker 4: I want to say stop quantitative reason, which is very well what individual stocks are you in, curly? What stocks are you in currently?
Speaker 2: Oh? I have like twenty nine different stocks.
Speaker 8: I don't know if you guys here, Yeah, yeah, Roku was.
Speaker 2: One of them. Td OC to the third bank fc am I breaking up?
Speaker 4: No, we're here. So you said you were in Teledoc, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Tele Doc, which I know I should have exited, but I just was.
Speaker 8: Afraid because at one point I really had like a good thing going, and then a lot of my stocks have just kind of fallen off here lately. I think I have twenty nine different positions, so I've been trying to kind of figure out how to balance it without losing as much or losing what.
Speaker 4: Would be a great help if you've got the first scholarship tonight for Red Panda stock Club.
Speaker 2: I'm actually in stock club.
Speaker 4: I'm all we got to get that portfolio cleaned up tonight. Okay, for sure, So send me. Send me your list Ian at join Redpanda dot com. Send me all twenty nine. I'll tell you which ones to get rid of. We gotta get rid of fifth, third, Teledoc and what was the one you mentioned? Cool? Yeah, we gotta get rid of all those.
Speaker 2: Okay, thanks, okay to thank you, thank you.
Speaker 6: Can we just somebody's been spamming YouTube with the same question every minute? What are your thoughts on waste management? On waste management?
Speaker 4: And then let us block Since you want to spam, I'm gonna answer your question, but I want you guys to be kind. Listen, stop doing this. I know they're nice, I'm not Stop playing with me. Waste Manager is a great company. I appreciate you being here. Can we block them? Shout out to Michael Batnek who put out the first crypto index, but you wanted to tell him he didn't know. Okay, we gonna see who knows what when this crash happens. Now were check next year? Everybody was talking options. Come to the table. We're gonna have a big paperwork party next year. Listen to a shot twenty two bottles I got you.
Speaker 7: Listen.
Speaker 5: Listen when you see him pick up this microphone and it's not playing, stop playing with him, Stop playing with him.
Speaker 4: Next question, No, I'm not higher drunk. I am high off Jesus and Ally, I love y'all.
Speaker 6: How are you off?
Speaker 4: Ally?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 4: Let's get one more question, Janet, if we can please, all.
Speaker 2: Right, Jeremy, I mean.
Speaker 4: Hey, how y'all doing, Jeremy, my brother.
Speaker 5: Listen, listen, I was there yesterday with you, man. I heard you you speaking in the club yesterday. Man, powerful, powerful, powerful were coming to Oakland, by the way, just letting you know.
Speaker 10: I'm on the east Man, I've been on the east.
Speaker 5: Coast from Oh that's right, that's right, that's right, came this way. But dope, dope yesterday Man, listening to your testimonial. Man, that's powerful.
Speaker 11: Thank you for charity, that and another one. I'm just gonna give hours like I always do. Man, every one of our every one of our revolutionaries, every one of our civil rights leaders have been speaking about wealth, and it has to it's tight in with my question. And they've been speaking about wealth and they literally looking down on each one of your spirits and thankful, thank god y'all came into most of our lives. Man, that's the truth. But my question really is circling around, like, all right, what are the next steps after wealth is created? And you guys alluded to a little bit of it tonight, like talking to group economics, group politics, Like what is the next step after wealth's created? How do we start to focus as a culture on.
Speaker 10: Group economics and community building, and then do you have a vision that helps us build unity that takes us away from the individualism and the separation that is killing our community.
Speaker 6: I like, somebody just asked me this question, and in Miami, that's crazy. That's a great question. And I feel like there's different steps to you know, the process, and the first step is, you know, taking care of yourself and taking care of your family and creating strong individuals. And then when you have enough strong individuals, now you can create a strong community. Group economics definitely has to be part of the conversation, not just on like just a you know, fluff conversation group economics, Like what does that really mean? Right, Like actually having real group economics where it's like we can actually have you know, funds, and we can actually have banks, and we can actually have institutions and things trade, yeah, publicly traded companies, things that nature. So group economics definitely has to be part of the situation. Politics. Politics definitely has to be part of the situation. Understanding politics becoming more politically mature, not just voting out of emotions. You know, I feel like a lot of times, like we do stuff out of emotions. We're very emotional a lot of times, and it's like, you know, politicians use that against the so you know, you can't you can't be emotional in politics because there's no emotions in politics. So that's something that we really have to come to the table and then honest the next the next step after that is a global conversation and really having global conversations and building you know, global summits and really connecting the dots. That's why, you know, you see us go to Jamaica, you see us go to Egypt, you see us go to Nigeria. You know, you see us talking to Shine, who's you know, probably going to be the prime Minister of Belize one day. It's not just we're not just doing this just for no reason, Like we personally want to establish relationships, learn educate ourselves because we understand that, you know, the world is big. It's much bigger than just the United States of America. So as a community, you know, we we have to understand that, get past trivial differences that we have because ultimately we're stronger together. And if you look at like the G eight summit or the G twenty summing, you know, every country doesn't get along. Russia and America don't have to get along and sit down and have a conversation, and they still work on stuff because ultimately, you know, what's good for the goose is good for the gander. So I think, oh, that's kind of a long answer because it's it's not just a short solution. But I feel like that's just a couple of things that come after building personal wealth
Speaker 11: My graduates from my school being false back drop drop, Mike drop, back drop drop,