Speaker 1: The toys.
Speaker 2: I'm a homegirl that knows a little bit about everything and everybody.
Speaker 1: You know, if you don't lie about that right already came in. Hey, y'all, what's up.
Speaker 2: It's Lauren Rosa and this is the latest with Laura the Rosa. This is your daily dig on all things pop culture, entertainment, news, and all of the conversations that shake the room.
Speaker 1: Baby.
Speaker 2: Now today we are going to get into some biz nest because we got a lot to talk about when it comes to Megda Stallion and Hermi and Hermi and her men and her men her baby. If you have not heard Megda Sallion's song, which is a play on a song from Total, you gotta go listen to it. Okay, I've been singing at one liner ever since I heard the song. So she's because I'm such a might name I me and my man type of girl nowadays. But yes, let's get into some relationship things. So look, Magde Sallion music artists rapper. I mean, now, she's become like a hot girl, no pun intended, because that is Meg Deciens saying the hot girls. She's become a hot girl or hottie with the brands, you know, she's working with so many different brands. Now you know all the things. Meg Decidion is doing all the things. So she's been dating Clay Thompson. Klay Thompson plays for the Mavericks and he's a guard for the team. And basically what's happening right now is that something. And this is what always happens anytime in athlete, whether it's basketball, football, wherever, is involved in a relationship, especially with another celebrity, because at that point the relationship becomes the topic of conversation no matter what's done, no matter how they blame, how they move, don't move, whatever. So every move he is making on the court or lack thereof, because there has been some conversations about a lack thereof and we'll get into that.
Speaker 1: They blame the girlfriend.
Speaker 2: Now, this is not something that is synonymous to Megda Sallion even though I know that people love to hate Megda Sallian since the whole Tory Lane situation. Yeah, led apollo on with that girl, and you know people will because of this because Klay Thompson basically had to get out there and defend her in the situation we're about to talk about, because there were some other athletes who were having a conversation about how he's been playing lately, which hasn't been so well, and blamed it on the fact that he got nanny. But because Clay Thompson had to get out there and defend Megda Sallion. There are a lot of people pointing out that are bringing up past situations where, you know, a man that Megda Sallion was dating had to come out and defender, only to then not be embarrassed publicly when other information came out. And that's not me judging Megde Sallion any of her decisions or anything like that. It's just the narrative that has been painted around her because, you know, to give it some background, when Megda Sallian was dating Partisan Fontaine, who is a music artist and writer himself, this is when she was also on trial with Tory Lanes and the whole shooting thing that happened, you know, during the pandemic. Now, while this was going on, while they were dating, there was a back and forth online between Partisan and the baby music artists that Megda Stallion has famously collaborated with. And you know, there's just been some back and forth there with you know, former conversations and things about Megda Stallion and her past relationships. And then at the end of the trial certain things came out where you know, there were allegations that Megda Sallion and the baby slept together. There were also conversations about whether Megda Sallion and Tory Lane slept together or not. And a lot of you guys will point out and have pointed out with this situation, basically people think they're getting online and warning lay Thompson to not stick his neck out there for his girlfriend Megda Sallion because it always because always, I don't want to say that, because in past situations it has put the men or the man that she was dating at the time and just not I wouldn't even say not the best spotlight. But it was kind of evident that part of san Fontein didn't kind of know all the information about Satain situations when he jumped out there. Now this one is a lot different because you know who was in her bed and who was not in her bed is not in question. And to be honest with you, I hate when people have those conversations because if the girl is single and she chooses to go and date and explore, we just talked about this with Biblica Fox. Let's just do her get up out of her bed and out, get from in between her legs. Okay, unless she is inviting you there, please don't invite yourself. It's how I feel about conversations like that. But I'm giving you guys this information just to add some color and some context to why a lot of the fans reacted to Klay Thompson getting out there and defending Meg the stallion. The one that they did basically said, aunts, don't start that. That don't in well for a lot of the you know the men that are in you know, her, the boyfriend position with her. But I do feel like this this situation is very different because again her bedroom and who is in between her legs is not in question. Now let's get back to where we were the current stuff. So Clay Thompson is, you know again big name in basketball, plays for the Mavericks. So there's a clip that is going viral. The clip is from Hooping and Hollering with Pat Beverly and Jason Williams, and they were speaking about Clay Thompson on their podcast and they were talking about basically how he's been playing recently.
Speaker 1: Let's take a listen, said he's trying to get him a pass.
Speaker 2: I never seen clayon I shoot it like this, And for him to say I'm out of my prime.
Speaker 1: Might come on Clay like he said that, how many? How many? He's got a beautiful So how you're speaking to BBM. I'm from West Virginia, man, I've been taught a lot bat some old folks, old white folks.
Speaker 2: It only tastes one plussy the drag a battleship across the desert.
Speaker 1: That's how power for this?
Speaker 2: So yeah, got it got something to you know what I'm saying Clay Thompson.
Speaker 1: Oh, I ain't saying that's what it is, but that might be what it is.
Speaker 2: So Clay Thompson jumped in the comments of this clip and he says, referring to my girlfriend as a pussy is so disgusting and disturbing, especially from someone who played in the NBA. How would y'all feel if I referred to your wives in such a way? And then he tagged Pat Beverly. He says, do better. Fellas very disappointing and one thing that I love about Clay Thompson and the relationship that he hasn't make the sigon. She in her the song that I was just telling you guys about called lover Girl, which is a spin on totals Kissing You. She talks about how he treats her, like how he's such a gentleman, like you know, if I'm being honest with you, and it's gonna sound so bad, because it's going to sound like the bar is in Hell when it comes to men in dating, and maybe it is depending on who you're experiencing and who you're meeting. But she just gloats about the fact that he doesn't refer to her as a bee, as a bitch, and that he says my girl, my woman, my lady, just in talking to her, like you know, he's very sweet, very charming, very respectful of her, and it allows her to be in her you know, real feminine and I think as a woman, you know, I understand dud. When they first popped out officially because there was a photo that went viral, Megda Saion was sitting near a pool over the summer summer twenty twenty five. She posted a photo of herself. It was a selfie, but in the background you could see Klay Thompson, but we.
Speaker 1: Weren't for sure if it was him. People zoomed in on the picture and I was like, oh, this is Clay Thompson. What the heck.
Speaker 2: So that sparked the rumors, of course, because like, why else are they together? She's sitting by the pool, find as her on his bathing suit and he just there his swim trunks.
Speaker 1: But it was a made official.
Speaker 2: In July of twenty twenty five, they attended Megda Saillion's inaugural Pete and Thomas Foundation.
Speaker 1: GALLA in New York City. They were there on the red carpet together, very much.
Speaker 2: A couple, PDA all the things right, and people were like, yo, this is so different from her type. You know, we know that she is dated Tory Lanez, we know that she was in a relationship relationship with money Bag Yo. It had been rumored that potentially her and Trey Songs had dated at one point. Then I know she was dealing with the soccer player from overseas and I don't know Klay Thompson. I think the reason why people said that is because Clay Thompson just comes off as like such a sweetheart. Not to say that any of those other guys don't. But the image of him, people look at him, I guess as like this buttoned up He's not the rapper, He's not the you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So it was a bit different for her.
Speaker 2: But I'm gonna tell y'all something right now, Like you get to a certain point when you are respecting yourself a certain way that you don't care if the men's buttoned up, button down, button sideways, button left right, it don't matter, Like you lean in because it just feels good to be seen as more than just something, so more than just you know, sexually, what you can bring to the table, more than just who you are in your career. And it seems like, you know, I watch a lot of the content that make the science posts, and she does like these cute, little, really quick vlogs, almost like they're reals, but they're vlogs.
Speaker 1: So she takes you in a day in the life.
Speaker 2: And there was one she posted recently where Clay was just apology for picking her up from the airport late, and it was just so sweet and he like, she's in a back seat, it's very driving. It's daisy and he you know, has flowers for her when she lands, and I'm like, after having to carry so much, it's like a listen to that.
Speaker 1: Roses from my bloo. I'm sorry, damn it, I'm sorry. I thought I telling you, well, just sorry.
Speaker 2: There's no excuse after having to carry so much for so long. Magdsagion lost her mom, you know, a few years back. She's been doing a lot on her own every since, and she's talked about, you know, the dark space that that has put her in, and feeling alone and all these things. I know, it feels good to have a man that is just he's full, like he's full and he's filling you up. So he hops in these comments because that is a man that does not want you to be on e and be drained by the internet and the comments. And she's talked about how the internet takes her to a bad place as well. So he hopped in these comments to defend his lady. And people were like, hold on, brother, wait, don't even start that. But I get it. I completely get it. For him, it's a respecting especially coming from people who are older. Now I will say I don't think that, and it's gonna sound crazy. I don't think that the Fellas on the HUPA to Holler podcast meant anything bad. I don't think you were trying to degrade Meg thee Stallion by saying that. But I think, and the only reason why I'm saying that because it is degrading the way that they refer to her, Because she's not just pussy. That's his girlfriend, Like, that's his whole. Like they're in a relationship, he's building a life with her. They posted keys and put the heart with their fingers a few weeks ago. It's given they live together, you know what I mean. It seems like this is very serious and they're planning their future together. But I think men sometimes are very tone deaf, if I'm being honest with y'all, especially when it comes to women, Like men are tone deaf. I think the way that men look at women in certain situations, especially because y'all heard them mention her bbl and I'm gonna go out here on a limb. I don't care, tell me I'm reaching. Don't care. But I feel like, especially women who have certain body types and certain sex appeal, the way that they are objectified and referred to just as a matter of fact, so just casually in conversation, they refer to Megda Stagion as some pussy like this is not his whole girlfriend.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't be surprised that this is not soon to be his wife.
Speaker 2: He's referred to her as that it gives that energy when you see them together. But even if not, even if they just date it doesn't work out and they move on. Still, it's just very tone death It's very disrespectful, and I don't think they make anything by it. But I think men in the tone death like world that not all men, but that a lot of them live in, especially the ones who did this, like little locker room talk, which is what this is. Sometimes they need to be reminded on your hold you are. Sometimes they need to be reminded that it doesn't matter the body type, the sex appeal, how she talks out of her mouth, you know, or raps or whatever. That's a grown ass woman that should be respected as such. Okay, because y'all got daughters, y'all got wives, how would you feel?
Speaker 1: Perfect question posed by Klay Thompson.
Speaker 2: Now, I understand the argument that they're making right, and the only reason why I don't think it's fair to blame make the stallion.
Speaker 1: But if we're being honest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, again in the relationship does make you kind of like, you know, I know, for me recently, in a very intense relationship, I had to kind of We've had conversations like me and Beab talked about all right, we can't lose our focus. Both of us have very demanding careers that require a lot from us, that require us to show up a lot, to be on it, to be detail oriented.
Speaker 1: People depend on us.
Speaker 2: Like we got to say focused because it feels so great when you meet somebody and you guys are on the same you know, same wavelength, like you want to lean all the way and like we were just talking about the other day, how.
Speaker 1: I'm over here, blessing.
Speaker 2: We were just talking about how the other day, like we are like we've become like best friends because we spend so much time together. And it's because it just feels great to meet someone who actually is able to meet you where you are at, which it gives Klay Thompson to make design and you are doing. But at the same time, Klay Thompson got a job that he got to show up for and according to you know, some of the reports, the people po ain't liking how he's been showing up, you know what I'm saying. So Klay Thompson currently, according to reports, is averaging a career low of eight point five points per game on a thirty two percent shooting, including twenty eight point nine percent from the three point range. So he is he's basically just not performing how people know him to perform, and people are saying it's basically like it's a distraction. I think the conversation that they're having was fair as far as he's not doing well or as well as we know him to do, so something's distracting him. The obvious thing to point to is his relationship because it is on Front Street. But the car her just a piece of pussy, like this is not a woman he might be planning the rest of his life with its crazy, and I think Klay Thompson had every like to hopin them comments and defend his girl. So y'all need to stop playing with him about that. He did not a thing wrong, and I would expect nothing less from my man, my men, my men, my men, and my baby. Y'all gotta go listen to that song. Let me know what y'all think. Though y'all feel like it was a reach, he should have just let it go locker room to That's the thing too, I think the whole men in sports with podcast mics. It's not everybody, but you get the locker room talk that sometimes I think should stay off of a mic in a group chat or in a you know, a group FaceTime conversation because again, and.
Speaker 1: It is disrespectful.
Speaker 2: Every I keep saying that they didn't mean to be disrespectful, but regardless, it was disrespectful. But I think you gotta just, you know, think about think about the fact that you know that these people gonna see this. You know, Klay Thompson's going to see this because of who you guys are, even if not nowadays, you could be a person with two thousand followers on Instagram and you make the right opinion or critique and it goes viral and Klay Thompson and Megdacion can see it. You got to think about that type of thing. And I don't feel like you censor how you really feel. That's why I said the conversation is fair. That's how they really feel. But ain't nothing wrong with putting a little bit of respect on Megacigon whatsoever. I think it's so easy for people to disrespect women in certain spaces and that pisses me off too. And I don't want to make this, you know, a race thing, but I mean, you got the BBL body comment is I've heard people literally have conversations about women and rapping and what they speak in how they then come back to men to respect for themselves. But it's like, oh, but y'all rap about this men rappers do it all the time. And maybe I'm reaching, but when you say things like and again, I think what he was trying to say was to be honest, that little key is a compliment about anybody's bussy. You know, you're taking down all of that. You got this man off his game like that. But it's the referring to her like not even saying her name, calling her or making or implying that, you know, it's just a piece of pussy, y'all. Let me know what y'all think. I'm lo La Rosa. And again, this is something that happens all the time. Gazelle got it with Tom Brady, Kendall got it when Ben Simmons was in Philly with the Sixers as well, I mean all the Kardashians, to be honest with you, Like the Kardashian curse is a thing as well, so it's not even just something that is solely happening with Yo, Sierra. I've been seeing Sierra getting I'm not even a like, I'm not like a sports girl. I watch it when Bay is watching it, or if something pop culture related happens within the games, like Taylor Swift showing up or something like that.
Speaker 1: But I've been.
Speaker 2: Seeing people get on Sierra and blame her for certain things with Russell Wilson, Travis Kelce, and Taylor Swift.
Speaker 1: It happens there too.
Speaker 2: People try to say certain things or even like they I remember they tried to say the NFL as a whole was distracted because Taylor Swift was showing up and they were gearing so much around her.
Speaker 1: Y'all let me know what y'all think.
Speaker 2: Okay, I got two questions that I want y'all lead this podcast episode, thinking about should minute sports keep their relationships super private because you don't want any bad game to be blamed on your girl, your boo, your baby.
Speaker 1: Or a second question, was this a fair critique?
Speaker 2: Did they mean nothing by it am I reaching, is Klay Thompson reaching. I want to hear from y'all. I'm one of the Rosa everywhere. This is the latest with Laura the Rosa. At the end of the day, y'all could have been anywhere with anybody listening and talking about this, but y'all joes to be right here with me, my lowriders. I appreciate you, guys. I'll catch y'all in the next episode because next episode we're gonna be breaking down Easter Ray set of thing. She says she feels like her career is stagnant and I want to break that down. Okay, So make sure y'all tune in the next episode will be getting into that and some other things.
Speaker 1: Great discussion today. Can't wait to hear from y'all. See y'all later.