Speaker 1: Good morning in usc yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Yo yo yo yo yo yo jes hilarious week that ass side Charlomagne is out today. And guess what day it is? Guess what day it is? This Wednesday is home day. It's been a little week. How y'all feeling? How you feeling?
Speaker 3: Just?
Speaker 4: I feel good? Yo?
Speaker 5: It is nasty outside.
Speaker 2: Discussing like the last seven days has beens. I'm like, damn, yo, yeah, my kids have been highly upset for like the last seven days. In the Tri state area, which is New York, Connecticut, in Jersey, parts of Delaware, it's been nothing but nasty rains. We can't even enjoy the outside. We can't even enjoy I think this Friday is summer. We can't even enjoy any of that.
Speaker 5: So, yeah, this Friday is summers, the start of summer. That's right.
Speaker 2: So it's been pretty nasty out. But oh, good morning. What something learning? You got your court a tire on today?
Speaker 5: Yes, that's right. I thought you wasn't going to court today. I am gonna go late though, okay, okay, all right.
Speaker 2: Though missus Jones will be joining us this morning, Miss Jones. If you don't know who Miss Jones is aka Jonesy, she is an artist. She's saying on Azy's record, I want to be sugar Hill.
Speaker 6: Remember that record.
Speaker 5: I didn't know that was her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's Jonesly singing on that record. She has her own joint and she's a raised personality. Of course, she does morning radio. She's on Pick eleven and she actually got my got me my start on morning radio, taught me how to do morning radio probably about eighteen nineteen twenty years ago. She I guess she's seen something with me at the time, seen something in me, I should say, at the time, and said decided like, let me give this kid a chance, and it grew to what it was. So we're gonna be kicking it in with Jonesy in a little bit and let's get the show crack.
Speaker 6: Why you look like that.
Speaker 4: I'm just getting my life together, riny here, trying to not be too late.
Speaker 2: You know, if you leave like five minutes earlier, you ain't got a run in.
Speaker 4: This morning was the morning because I couldn't figure out my shirt because I'm trying to do something in between Court and like regular right right.
Speaker 2: You seem like the type of person that picture clothes out the night before it laves it on the bed, so when you get up you could just get right. That sounds like you.
Speaker 5: I don't try on.
Speaker 4: So then when I tried it on this morning, I'm like, I'm not really feeling this Court. It would be good for the show, but I'm not feeling it for Court, so they're not changed.
Speaker 2: The full fit got you got you?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 2: Well, let's get the show cracking. We got Morgan should be giving us from page news. It don't go anywhere.
Speaker 6: It's the breakfast Club. Good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 2: Everybody's dj n V. Just hilarious charlamage the guy. We are the breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page news, some quick sports.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 2: Game six of the NBA Finals is tomorrow at eight thirty p m. Eastern time. Now, the Stanley Cup is going on right now. You know anything about the Stanley Cup?
Speaker 9: No, my goodness, do you you talking about the Cup? The actual Stanley Stanley's hockeyt hockey.
Speaker 2: It was the Panthers and the Oilers last night. The Panthers, no no, no, all right, figure y'all know about it either, I exactly, at least I know it's hockey.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 5: We had a Stanley Cup shout.
Speaker 2: Out the Stanley Club last night.
Speaker 6: So the one last night. Yeah, hit the champions five to one.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's what's up, graduations.
Speaker 5: That's a new team, because you know we got a hockey team.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's news team.
Speaker 5: You wander everybody, how we feel it on horn?
Speaker 10: Girl?
Speaker 11: Hey, good, good good, all right, let's get it to it first on front page. According to multiple reports, the White House is considering an offensive strike against Iran. The report comes after President Trump said he wanted an unconstitutional surrender from Iran. There's growing speculation whether the US will enter the conflict offensively on behalf of Israel and take out Iran's remaining underground nuclear facilities. Israel has dealt a significant blow to Iran's nuclear program, but lacks the technology to reach sites buried beneath layers of mountain. Meanwhile, shortly after Trump got back to the White House yesterday following his early exit of the g seventh Summit in Canada, he spoke about the conflict aboard Air Force one let's take a listen, Iran.
Speaker 6: Cannot have any nuclear weapons.
Speaker 12: Very simple, not to go too deep into it, they just can't have a nuclear weapon. Welcome down, so hard they doing anything dark bople Welcome they're so lard that that loves her off Soto Flint. Now they think they I think they know that to touch our troops.
Speaker 2: So they've already been protecting Israel right by shooting down missiles and things that's been coming to Israel. But now they're talking about actually attacking Iran and to make sure that they you know, hit all the of things.
Speaker 11: Okay, yes, to make sure they yeah, exactly to your point, what they consider eliminate the threat, the nuclear threat.
Speaker 2: They call it a proactive attack to make sure that it doesn't come back and burn us or kick us in the ass later on.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 11: And they're also saying that it's you know, it's it's not just about us or about Israel, but it's about you know, the bigger picture of the world than saving the world, you know, saving the overall world, and that that you.
Speaker 13: Know, Iran cannot have.
Speaker 11: They are standing in tent too's down on that stance that Iran cannot have a nuclear weapon. Now, there have been recent reports at least six hundred people killed in Iran and at least thirty four in Israel and most recent strikes, and to your point yesterday, NBS, some of those are civilian as well, some of those are also military. As a result of this, the US is of course warning Americans not to travel to the Middle East. State Department spokesperson Tammy Bruce announced the Middle East Task Force, and let's take a listen to what they're supposed to do.
Speaker 14: Not to travel to Israel or Iraq, and not to travel to Iran under any circumstances. The Department of State has established the Middle East Task Force to help coordinate support for US citizens, our US diplomatic missions and personnel, and diplomatic engagement.
Speaker 11: So Tammy Bruce says, the Israel Iran conflict is rapidly evolving.
Speaker 13: She got it, a rapidly evolving situation.
Speaker 11: Bruce also said the State Department has set up that task force. She again reiterated President Trump's stance again and again that Iran cannot have a nuclear weapon. The US Embassy in Jerusalem is also closing. The State Department says the post will close on today through Friday due to the current security situation involving Israel's conflict with Iran. Meanwhile, President Trump's National Security meeting concerning the next steps of the conflict wrapped up yesterday and he again, as I said, is reportedly considering an offensive strike against Duran. So at this point, it's a matter of galvanizing our troops, getting people out of the way, those people who are in the area, US citizens out of the way, and we'll see what takes place as a result of President Trump's I don't know if you would call it a threat, but he definitely is calling for Iran to have an unconditional surrender of their nuclear programs. So I will keep you posted as to what happens with that. On the other side, at the seven o'clock hour, as we're running out of time now, we'll discuss what members of Congress how they feel about this. There is a bipartisan effort to stop the President's efforts to on that offensive strike, so we'll get into that, and of course we'll have some updates on what's happening with Ice on the home front.
Speaker 2: Now, do we know for a fact if they have nukes or is this a guessing game this.
Speaker 11: Right now, It does appear that they said that they were working on a nuclear weapons, so it has whether or not it has been confirmed, that remains to be seen.
Speaker 2: And I wonder why somebody would not want to protect that, but I guess we'll find out next hour. Okay, we'll see in a little bit. Everybody else, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent phone lines or wide open again, eight hundred five eight five one oh five one, get it off your chest. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: Good morning, the Breakfast Club telling.
Speaker 2: I'm telling what you doing of you.
Speaker 15: If this is your time to get it off your chest, whether you're mad or blessed. Eight hundred five eight five one five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Hello this yo, Move, Move, what's up?
Speaker 7: Move?
Speaker 2: What what you call them from?
Speaker 16: And I'm calling from Hampton.
Speaker 2: Hampton, Virginia, Hampton, Georgia.
Speaker 6: Oh, Hempton, Georgia. What's up? And get off your chest?
Speaker 1: Man, I just want to talk about my seventeen year old twin boys.
Speaker 16: I'm sick. God, you hear me. God, I can't wait till this time next year. You hear me? What what you do getting on my last jock? Damn nerves?
Speaker 2: Jeez, that's next year.
Speaker 1: Every time I turn around, they'd.
Speaker 2: They gonna beg next year too. You think, cause they're eighteen, they just gonna leave. They gonna beg next year too.
Speaker 4: And I know that. But guess what.
Speaker 2: I love what I'm carda say your names?
Speaker 4: Can you?
Speaker 16: The mars mars Man, the my baby?
Speaker 3: So I love him?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: But you love them?
Speaker 8: See that?
Speaker 2: And I bet you every time they beg you give it to them? Yeah?
Speaker 17: I do.
Speaker 5: That's me.
Speaker 16: I'm the problem.
Speaker 7: I'm the problem.
Speaker 2: As long as you know.
Speaker 6: Well, you have a go with Mama. Be saved out there on the roads. You too.
Speaker 2: You to thank you, nobody, thank calm. Hello, who's this.
Speaker 7: Good?
Speaker 3: This is Schmid. I'm doing an internship in Atlanta right now, and I keep racking.
Speaker 18: Up speaking teachers, bro like they keep getting me.
Speaker 2: I gotta pay like eight hundred dollars in tickets. Get down, Damn no, I don't.
Speaker 7: Be making my internship.
Speaker 18: I was driving down the Florida like last week and I was going like a nineteen to seventy bose three of a.
Speaker 7: Speeding and the police call me envy.
Speaker 5: Why are you talking to him like that? You know, won't you slow your dumb ass down?
Speaker 2: Hey, yo? Because I'm thinking, how old is this kid killing? How old are you?
Speaker 8: Yo?
Speaker 7: I just turned twenty one three three weeks ago.
Speaker 2: I bet he's still under his parents and your parents. See, he's still under his parents and bunch of stations. Eight hundred dollars insurance is gonna go up, and he just gonna say sorry, Mom, sorry, Dad, No, slow your dumb ass down.
Speaker 5: See da dad mode, Bro, dad mode instantly once in an.
Speaker 2: Accident, you'renna kill somebody and you're gonna raise my assurance.
Speaker 5: Crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you're like like, I'm wait, how I doing Florida?
Speaker 18: Like Georgie just care way too much about chess clubs?
Speaker 2: Bro, why don't you just leave thirty minutes earlier, twenty minutes earlier?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, I'm gonna lie Mom, Dad, I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: He's find out, you know, he made him apologize something.
Speaker 2: The man as you who paid the card.
Speaker 18: Me, You're gonna lie, you know with that car lying, it's not too much like I gotta I gotta get the cardinal was only like three hundred and forty.
Speaker 2: Who paid the car insurance. Okay to say to see, I would take you on my insurance immediately, immediately take you off for the insurance. And we got six kings. Yo, you ain't learned your lesson. You was kind of calling up here complaining, talking about the cock pulling you over, you speeding.
Speaker 18: But but look though out from Florida, we drawing the same. Like I know that Georgia care too much about speeding.
Speaker 9: Oh wow, yeah he cares about speeding, real young baby, it's the law.
Speaker 5: It's to his crime.
Speaker 3: Jesus jes taking too much.
Speaker 2: Seriously, Oh my goodness, we'll slow your ass down for you heard somebody hurt yourself. All right, be safe out.
Speaker 3: There, appreciate it.
Speaker 2: I have a good man.
Speaker 6: You know how much insurance can go up?
Speaker 2: Now? I know you didn't just say one ticket. He said he got a couple.
Speaker 5: Yo, you kicked into dad mold straight up because.
Speaker 2: That's going shoot, he's twenty one years old. He's a male, So boys, twenty one until like twenty five, insurance goes through the roof. But how did you know?
Speaker 5: It's like you just knew he was young because they sounds like twenty one.
Speaker 6: It sounded like lazy.
Speaker 2: Now, if his parents are listening to, what I would do is I put a track on the car so you can see exactly how fast the kid is going at all times, and if it goes over a certain speed, it gives you a text and you could yell at them immediately.
Speaker 9: I haven't had that problem, and they had no idea that that even existed. Yes, ma, yes, jesus, ma'am. Okay, you got a young man that's about to drive a couple.
Speaker 5: Of years, all right, that's when you got six kids.
Speaker 2: That's right, I know that's right. Get it off your chest. Eight sorry interrupt?
Speaker 4: What four? You do that four times right now? Because your other two are not driving.
Speaker 6: Yet too, Madison and Logan.
Speaker 4: Oh dang, I got stressed out for you. That's a lot of money.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, and then if you speed it shoots up, your insurance could double.
Speaker 4: You gotta saving fun just for your kids cars and insurances.
Speaker 2: Yes, yo, that's a thank you college.
Speaker 9: And they all on your policy. Yes, damn, that's crazy, all of them.
Speaker 6: And then them got no tickets knock on with I love it.
Speaker 5: And they all in your on your Netflix account.
Speaker 6: All of them and my Amazon.
Speaker 5: She rethinking having a bunch of kids.
Speaker 4: I just thought about it like that.
Speaker 2: It's control over eats too. Every time they order Uber Eats, it goes on mine. Yes, so when they don't tip the uberheat person and get it off your chest. Eight he literally just got.
Speaker 6: The breakfast club. It's a new your time to get it off.
Speaker 15: Your chest, whether you're mad or blessed.
Speaker 2: Time to get up, get something. Call up now. Eight hundred five five one o five one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast club. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 9: Oh my god, Piana.
Speaker 3: I'll listen to the busy clubs every morning.
Speaker 7: Good morning, Lauren the Morgan.
Speaker 5: Chess, Good morning.
Speaker 19: I one.
Speaker 16: Oh, I told my daughter I want to call. My daughter is graduating from high school today. She got a full ye to l s U academically.
Speaker 7: Nay graduate that's from.
Speaker 16: A local college down here with her. So she is a degree and she has graduated today with her high school diplome.
Speaker 4: I know you're a proud mommy.
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, I I listen to y'all every morning.
Speaker 16: Y'all start my day.
Speaker 3: Keep doing what y'all doing.
Speaker 2: Thank you. No, I'm a good one. Congratulations to them.
Speaker 10: Thank you?
Speaker 8: Hello, who's This is Jordan from Atlanta.
Speaker 2: Man, Jordan from What's up? Get her off your chest?
Speaker 3: Man, I want to call us the guy day when they call up here, Man, call up there, I.
Speaker 7: Mean, keep this to a mental room.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 18: They supposed to be calling up there. We want to tell you about their whole life.
Speaker 3: Sorry, like the.
Speaker 8: Lady with the water at work, that happened a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 3: Jimmy club Ka, guy, I'm so happy for the Clupcate got his businesses and everything going up and getting the recognition.
Speaker 7: But man, I'm just.
Speaker 16: Trying to call up there to the bigger pop got shot.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 8: I was gonna get my.
Speaker 3: Shout out, say that man the boy of y'all. Y'all have a broth day, and I'm out here.
Speaker 2: We ain't got on. We haven't been on radio since bigger podcast shot.
Speaker 5: You been on radio since then?
Speaker 2: That I haven't no no.
Speaker 4: Then I thought when that happened, was I was in school? What like what high school?
Speaker 2: College?
Speaker 5: Oh? Okay, why are you signed card here? That long?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 5: Y'all y'all had the same number this whole time.
Speaker 2: Dan, Hello, who's this boy? Baby boy? What's up?
Speaker 5: Baby boy?
Speaker 16: I'm bothering this to the man.
Speaker 10: I'm trying.
Speaker 8: I've been calling the last two days.
Speaker 1: If been trying to follow people.
Speaker 8: Just I know my son, just man, I be called to show you the love.
Speaker 5: Then, how you going west top baby?
Speaker 4: I'm good?
Speaker 5: Thank you for the love.
Speaker 17: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Man, When I called about two weeks ago, I would throw big on politics away DJ and Sharlo Man, I forgot to show me the love, so I just had to make sure I super back to do that.
Speaker 4: I'm doing good. How are you good? Morning, dad?
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 8: I just wanted to and show y'all for Lord this morning. Man, Hey, Envy, I'm trying to come to the show, Broing. I'm gonna come from Florida.
Speaker 3: I ain't got no old fool or nothing like that.
Speaker 8: My baby mama's fresh up up, but I'm still gonna bring it very.
Speaker 2: I won't just bring the family. I could just bring the family and enjoy this July nineteenth in Hampton, Virginia. Come on out, kids fiving under a free so you could just come and chill, have some drinks of men.
Speaker 6: We just chill.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna come fight to pick with your careal bro Bro, and I'm trying to catch the one in New York. So I ain't gonna hold y'all up. Man, y'all be blessed.
Speaker 1: Man, y'all know where it is.
Speaker 2: Every morning.
Speaker 8: It's all love.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 8: We outside this Friday year, man, the first first day of froma Friday. We outside every day the first time.
Speaker 2: Everyone, all right, it will be safe outside period.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 4: Third, you gonna tell that man bring his family. You heard him say his baby mom scratched his car up. How you know the family is still out there, and I'm gonna bring the family, try to get his family back.
Speaker 6: He could leave, leave his wife forget and he hang with me.
Speaker 2: Get some drink ard, get it off your chest. Eight hundred and five eighty five, one oh five one. Now we got the latest, Lauren comeing up.
Speaker 4: We do, and we're gonna talk about Tyler Perry.
Speaker 5: He is being sued.
Speaker 4: It was an out yesterday for two hundred and sixty million dollars for sexual harassment and assault. He's a nine in it.
Speaker 2: But we're gonna get.
Speaker 4: Into all one hundred and sixty million dollars. You know, when they come and they ask for that money, they ain't coming like.
Speaker 2: Uh, all right, we'll get into that next it's the breakfast club.
Speaker 6: Good morning, the breakfast.
Speaker 2: Club owning everybody is DJ n V, Jess Hilirish, Charlamagne, the guy. We are the breakfast Club. Let's get to the latest with Lauren.
Speaker 5: Lauren become to a straight fast.
Speaker 2: Maybe she gets them somebody that knows somebody she used to detail.
Speaker 4: I'm the homegirl that knows a little bit about everything, and she'd be.
Speaker 6: Having the latest on the latest with Lauren la Rosa.
Speaker 8: Sometimes you have fact, sometimes you have details, sometimes you have a little bit of everything.
Speaker 6: It's the latest on the breakfast clubs to.
Speaker 4: So, Tyler Perry is being sued for two hundred and sixty million dollars for sexual harassment, sexual assault and workplace I'm sorry, workplace sexual harassment and sexual assault and battery by a man named Derek Dixon.
Speaker 5: So, this man named Derek.
Speaker 2: Dixon, what go ahead? Go ahead?
Speaker 4: This man named Derek Dixon was formerly he's an actor and he was formerly in the Oval. He is not only just suing Tyler Perry, he's also suing Tyler Perry Studios. So, and Tyler Perry is denying this. His attorney has already made a statement calling this a scam. So to back up, Derek Dixon says that him and Tyler Perry met in twenty nineteen at an event and Derek Dison's words in the documents, he says that Tyler Perry picked him out of the crowd and act for his number, suggesting that he might have a role for him. So then following that, Derek Dixon says that Tyler Perry did end up giving him did end up giving him a small role in two episodes of a show called Ruthless. Then, Derek claims that in January twenty twenty, Tyler Perry allegedly invited Derek to his Atlanta home. Derek says that he accepted the invite he hoped that this would build the friendship between the two of them and lead to more acting kids. But according to the lawsuit, while there, Derek claims and alleges that he drank too much and he ended up sleeping in a guest room. Now, he alleges when he was asleep in the guest room that Tyler Perry got into bed with him and started touching his thighs, and although Derek alleges that he rejected this, the advances that night he says that Tyler.
Speaker 5: Perry remained interested in him.
Speaker 19: Now.
Speaker 4: He says shortly after he landed a role as Dale in The Oval, and he says this was great for his career, but he says that at the time, this is when he alleged at the time, this is when Tyler Perry started to fire off sexually suggestive suggestive text, including asking what Drew's sexual preferences were and telling him that he and allegedly telling him that he had sex with men. Now. Derek also points out in his lawsuit that the character Dale that he played was written as a gay, homeless, and desperate store clerk who had to sleep with other characters for a place to stay, and Derek claims that Derek alleges that this is exactly what Tyler Perry told him he was looking for in a real life sexual partner, someone who would be loyal and dependent upon him. Derek is also alleging that he feared that his career would be derailed if he said no to Tyler Perry, so instead he told him he just wasn't the sexual type. Allegedly, but he was always terrified he lose his job if he complained about sexual harassment. Now, Derek says that this happened to the point that you know, once again, Tyler Perry allegedly invited him to his home back in twenty twenty and things took a dark turn. According to Derek, Derek is a legend that Tyler Perry greeted him warmly at the home, but then quickly started to sexually charge the conversation, asking him things allegedly like if he likes it rough in bed, and then Derek alleges that Tyler Perry grabbed him by the throat while saying, look, how excited you just got. He alleges that Tyler Perry that he pushed Tyler Perry away and that was the end of this alleged incident. Now, the lawsuit includes a bunch of different text messages over the years between both of the men. Most of the ones that most of the text messages that are included, he's trying to show that trying to allege that Tyler Perry is like sexually charging and bringing sex into the conversation and doing things that made him uncomfortable.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 4: One of the text messages, in particular, there's a couple included in the lawsuit.
Speaker 5: One of the text messages.
Speaker 4: In particular, Tyler Perry is responding to Derek and allegedly and he's saying, no straight men would be going on walks with you or cooking dinner for you unless they wanted to f you, and then I would f you. Is in the text Now this text there's a so there's the text go like this. So there is a photo that is sent to Derek of Tyler Perry in the water. He's on like an off of a jet ski and there he's asking him like, you know, you don't see like a stud in his photo? Like it's it's it's the conversation obviously between two people who are familiar with each other. And then there's another text message where Derek, I guess there was a photo poster or something like that, or maybe Tyler Perry received the photo of Derek walking with another guy and he's texting him like, oh, I'm jealous, like who's in this photo type of thing, and Derek is like, you know, responding like oh it's just he names the guy or whatever the case may be. There's another text message conversation where Tyler Perry is having a conversation allegedly with Derek about when are you going to be able to have sex without any guilt? And then there's like a whole like religious guilt conversation that they have as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but so who's the lawyer?
Speaker 4: So Tyler Perry's attorney is a man named Matthew Boys. Tyler Perry's attorney.
Speaker 9: The other guy, the guy I mean, because this just it definitely sounds like you know something that we've heard, you know, over and over.
Speaker 5: I really honestly feel like.
Speaker 9: Maybe they was dealing with each other, yo, got mad over something.
Speaker 5: And then now he want to come out with, oh I.
Speaker 9: Need two hundred and sixty thousand, I mean two hundred and sixty million dollars. But like it sounds everything sounds consensual. Everything sound like they were talking like and then now you're just.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. I would say this, there's two sides to every story, right, you hear this one side? And I would tell people you got to look at somebody's character, in somebody's integrity. Right, we always look at Tyler Perry. He's always carried himself with integrity. He's always done so much to uplift each other, especially our community. He's hired so many different people. Like I said, I don't know all the details. Well, based on what we know on Tyler Perry's Tyler Perry's character, sometimes you just got to sit back and relac. Yeah, you can't judge too fast because Tyler Perry has done so much. Like I said, there's always two sides to a story. And because Tyler Perry is being sued, you know what, he can't say anything. Yeah, he has to let it play out in court. But knowing what we know about Tyler Perry and who he is as a person, sometimes you just sit back and relax.
Speaker 5: Let's let it.
Speaker 2: Play out well.
Speaker 4: Tyler Perry has not said anything directly. And just to answer your question, the guy Derek Dixon is being represented by the law offices of Jonathan Deshad PC out of LA. Tyler Perry has an attorney. His name is Matthew Boyd. He's an attorney for Tyler Perry and Tyler per Studio's Production Services, who's also being sued. And their statement reads from Tyler Perry's legal team. This is an individual who got close to Tyler Perry for what now appears to be nothing more than setting up a scam. But Tyler will not be shaken down, and we are confident these fabricated claims of harassment.
Speaker 5: Will fail period.
Speaker 9: All right, Harriot, Yes, I mean I know, we got to sit back and wait. I just feel like, yo, this is crazy. Two hundred and sixty million dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, everyone sounds like the.
Speaker 5: Money six like this is weird.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's seeking the two hundred and sixty million dollars for two hundred and sixty million dollars for damages. And this all comes after he quit the OVAL back in June twenty twenty four and filed a complaint with the Equal Employment and Opportunity Commission saying he could no longer put up with the alleged sexual harassment. So yes, to Envy's point, we just sit back down and watch it play out and just see what happens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, Well, as we hear more information, we'll give you more information now when we come back. That was the latest with Lauren front page news. More going to be joining us and then miss Jones being in the buildings. So don't go anywhere as the breakfast club.
Speaker 4: Monkey.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right, thank you.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Okay, job Charlemagne is out, So Donkey of the day. We're going to open up the phone lines for you, guys. Eight hundred five eight five, one oh five one. It happens in the hour, but we'll start taking your calls if you want to give somebody Donkey of the day. Charlemagne is out, will open up the phone lines for you. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: Good morning, you're.
Speaker 2: Checking out the Breakfast Club pointing everybody is j Envy, just Hilarius, Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page news. Start off of sports Game six to the NBA Finals is tomorrow at eight thirty pm OKC versus the Paces and last night the Stanley Cup Florida Panthers beat the Edmonton Oilers five to one. It was an amazing match. Did you see it, jes yes, man.
Speaker 5: He was going back and forth with the you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yep, yeah, yeah, Lord, you didn't see it?
Speaker 13: Hey, y'all, Hey, all right, So in case you missed.
Speaker 11: In the first hour six am, President Trump is reportedly considering an offensive strike against Iran and a bipartisan effort. Members of Congress on both sides of the aisle are looking to limit US involvement in the Iran Israel conflict. Virginia Senator Tim Kaine, who is a Democrat, introduced legislation yesterday that aims to limit President Trump's war power.
Speaker 13: Let's take a listen to his comments.
Speaker 19: It happened to believe that the US being a war with Iran would be a colossal mistake. There is no national security imperative that suggests that we should I support aid to enable Israel to defend itself.
Speaker 2: But this need not be a US war.
Speaker 19: Those who are urging US on apparently have forgotten the lessons of the twenty years of war in the Middle East that caused so much heartache and damage in the region, but also in Virginia and all American states.
Speaker 11: So this legislation would keep the President from being able to use military force in Iran without Congress authorizing it. I think it is important to note that the power to declare war is vested in Congress. The Constitution, specifically, Article one, Section eight grants Congress the sole authority to declare war. While the President is the commander in chief of armed forces, they cannot declare war independently, so they will need the help of Congress. Meanwhile, Republican congress Amen Thomas Massey announced his plans to introduce a bipartisan war powers resolution in a post on x MASSI says, this is not out, this is not our war, but if it were, Congress must decide such matters according to our constitution. Democratic Congresswoman Alexandria A. Cassia Cortez indicated that she would support the resolution by responding to Massey's post saying signing on uh now switching gears back to the home front. Here on the home front, New York City Comptroller and mayoral candidate Brad Lander. He was arrested for allegedly obstructing an immigration hearing. Lander was handcuffed at the Immigration Court in Lower Manhattan yesterday as he was observing hearings involving possible deportations, which he has done a few times now. The video of the arrest shows Lander being pushed against a wall and handcuffed.
Speaker 13: Let's take a listen to that incident.
Speaker 6: Right here in the hallway.
Speaker 2: You don't have an authority to arrest your less citizens asking for a judicial war.
Speaker 11: So prior to his arrest, as you heard, Lander shouted, he was shouting to ICE agents to show him their warrants and badges as they were taking an immigrant into custody. Lander has been a big advocate for immigrants and is calling for more legal funding and resources for migrants who are arrested by ICE. He was later released by ICE hours after his arrest. Now this comes, of course, just a week after California Senator Alex Padilla was also aggressively removed from a Homeland security precedent regarding just asking questions for their constituents and for their people about what's going on with ICE and how ICE raids are taking place. So New York Governor Cathy Hoape was condemning the arrest of New York City Comptroller Brad Lander, and she basically is saying, how dare they take an elected official who's been down there for weeks doing what he's been doing to escort people who are afraid to walk into the courthouse of the United States of America.
Speaker 13: So moving on, and.
Speaker 11: San Diego Congressman Mike Levin is responding to the President's calls for more immigration enforcement in large US cities. Of course, this comes as Trump's administration is reportedly reversing its decision to halt immigration rates on undocumented workers in agriculture, hotels, and restaurants. Let's take a listen to San Diego Congressman Mike Levin's comments on immigration.
Speaker 10: They seem to be going after people who are contributing positively to our economy, to our society. Of course, the president seems to go back and forth on whether or not to do rates on farms and hotels and restaurants. And it's just going to further disrupt our economy.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you talked about that yesterday and the about it being a disruptor to our economy. So the change comes where the Department of Homeland Security has informed ICE officials about the shift on a Monday call, as reported by the Washington Post. Now, this decision follows the president's acknowledgment that his aggressive deportation efforts were affecting these industries by removing essential workers. Recently, on truth Social Though, Trump wrote we must protect our farmers, but get the criminals out of the USA, and added that changes are coming, so we'll continue to keep you guys posted. I think before I eve, though, I think it's important to note that tomorrow is juneteenth, Ykay, June nineteenth, eighteen sixty five, the day marks when slaves in Texas were finally they were finally free to an extent, free free ish and the slaves in Texas finally learned about the Emancipation Proclamation. So June teenth, June nineteenth, eighteen sixty five, we've been free ish and that's your front page news.
Speaker 13: I'm Morgan.
Speaker 11: Would follow me on socials at Morgan Media, and for more news coverage, follow the Black Information Network at Black Information Network, download the free iHeartRadio app and visit us at bi in news dot com.
Speaker 13: Thank y'all, y'all.
Speaker 2: Now, do have a question. June teenth is a national holiday, right, so banks would be everything federal holidays. I just want to make sure because I thought Trump would try to change that back. But I just want to make sure it's a federal closed post office clothed matter fact.
Speaker 9: You know we I don't think we should make you wench toys about it because you're gonna remember, I think you forgot about it.
Speaker 2: So it's federal holiday. So enjoy the day off tomorrow, guys.
Speaker 13: Yes, all right, Well I'll see you guys on Friday.
Speaker 2: All right now when we come back. Radio Legend Radio Icon Miss Jones will be joining us now, guys. Miss Jones got me my start in morning radio twenty years ago. She gave me an opportunity, gave me a chance to ride with her and taught me morning radio.
Speaker 6: And we're gonna talk to her next.
Speaker 2: She actually lost a love for music industry radio a couple of years ago during COVID, and we just happened to reconnect and I was very upset that she gave it up. She said she didn't want to do it no more. She had to raise her boys. So we came up with a plan to get it back on radio. And she'll break all that down and we'll talk to miss Jones next. So don't go anywhere. It's the Breakfast Club, Good Morning, the Breakfast Club One. Everybody is DJ Envy, Jess, Hilarious, Charlamagne, the Gud. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: Lon La Rosa is here as well, and we got a.
Speaker 2: Special guest in the buildings we do now. She is the first black woman to hold the syndicated morning show. She had one Indus York, and Philly has one in New York.
Speaker 6: Right now.
Speaker 2: She does Entertham of Reporner Picks eleven and she has.
Speaker 6: Her own morning shows.
Speaker 2: Where I got my start, Ladies and Jemen. It's Missus Jones aka Jonesy.
Speaker 5: Welcome, good morning, Thank you, thank you, MV.
Speaker 4: Thank you for that, thank you for having me here.
Speaker 2: So, if you don't know, Jones is how I got my start in morning radio. And I'll just break down the story and then I'll let you girls take over because I know.
Speaker 6: Everything about Jones.
Speaker 5: Yes, I'll shut it.
Speaker 2: So I was doing morning radio with Joe Button at Hot ninety seven. This is when starring Buck left Swayed left. They tried a bunch of different shows. It didn't work, and they had Joe Button and me. We were doing morning show and Joe Button was a rapper at the time, so he was he was on tour and doing all types of things and it just didn't work. So they brought in Jones. And when they brought in Jones, me and Jones really didn't have a relationship. We knew of each other, but didn't know each other. And I remember the first day, you know, me being nosy. I was air hustling and I found out she was talking out on her manager or whoever at the time, and she said how much they made and how much they were giving her, and I pulled her to the side and I said, look, just to let you know, they paid your button this much, so you should ask for that much.
Speaker 9: And right then and there, that's what he said.
Speaker 4: They paying Joe to fifty.
Speaker 2: And we became brother and sister. She asked for that, and you're a shotting point. So and that's how our brother and sister became. And from now on we've been through ups and downs and battles and wars, and we always had each other's backs, the good the bad. People were always there for each other. And even after we were always there for each other. And that's how it became. So she is somebody that I look up to in radio. So when I talk about radio, she taught me how to do interviews. She taught me how to tease. She taught me how to not have anything to talk about and just pull a topic out of thin air and make it big like she was the moments. And she was somebody that mentor or idolized when it came to radio because she knew how to do it and she did it so effortlessly.
Speaker 9: So this Jones, ladies, how you advocated for her first of all like you, because you know, nobody would have you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Not many people would do that.
Speaker 9: Oh this person getting paid this and you knew that, you knew who she was and that her worth and what she was worth, you.
Speaker 4: Know, and that was real value. No one does that anymore, no, nobody, no, So that that's really dope. Thank you.
Speaker 9: How do you feel about how radio is ran today? The current state of radio today?
Speaker 4: You know what business is always business. Once I got that, once I understood that, it just became an understanding of do your show and expect them to perform the business. But you take the personal out of it, it's easier to just focus and move on and do your other things. Yeah, let's talk about you getting to radio. So before radio, you were a music artist. Yes, R and B singer. Yeah, I had singles where I Want to be Boy. My first album actually never came out. It wasn't until I left stepsn Records and got with Andre Herrel at Motown. It was going to be the new Motown and then he got fired and then it was just bringing the A and R bringing the new. It was a mess. So I'm glad that when they asked me to do weekends at Hot ninety seven. Although first I was like Radio, I'm gonna be a big singer, so I don't got time. I'm glad I humored them because that wound up maintaining my lifestyle, which wasn't a huge lifestyle, but paying my bills because my mother died June twenty sixth of ninety one, right after I got home from college. My dad died freshman year, so I had nothing. I had nothing, so I needed that little weekend job and I didn't know I would wind up needing it to be my full time job when they offered me Morning Now.
Speaker 2: Jones was the R and B singer Talking to Miss Jones. She was the R and B singer, kind of like how Fab used to do the Clue mixtapes. She used to do the R and B version of that before Fab, So she would sing on the mixtapes. Who ever beat was out, she would kill it. And that's how Jones got popular. She did with Ronji legendary mixtape, DJ That's.
Speaker 9: Amazing, Ain't an R and B mixtape? Oh yeah?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah? That was the start And it's funny because once I did it, it started catching on. But I was just doing it for fun, primarily because I loved the beats and I always wanted to sing. I didn't want to necessarily be a rapper. But that was a good fusion and it was safe because I, you know, I studied music. I thought I could sing. I know that people liked it. But hearing a mixtape one Jamaica Avenue in front of the coliseum wall was everything. You already made it when that happened.
Speaker 5: So what happened, like, why aren't we?
Speaker 4: We could blame it on a lot of things. Now, I'm so glad I avoided the baby oil of it all. Oh I'm glad that I always wound up with labels that didn't necessarily have the resources. I was always with a small engine, and then when you have the other artists that have the bigger engines and maybe not necessarily the bigger talent or the bigger gifts, you lose. But I flipped it and I just stayed the chorus of radio, never knowing that that would be my full time thing, and that from radio I would then go back to making records. Because last year I went back to music. I have a song called Holding All Ladies that was Grammy nominated and this is the first time graduation ever. Thank you so, and I have a new single, let's play it's the birthday song. Hopefully Envey'll give it a spin or souf.
Speaker 2: Do you think Diddy took what you were doing back then?
Speaker 4: I know for a facts he did. Woman to tell the story, please, so if you remember the so back then it was Mary J. Blige and it was well before that it was like maybe Alison Williams, but she wasn't really a contender because she was a little more mature at her marketing. But back then it was Michelle Allison Williams and Mary J. Blige was the new kid on the block. Michelle was from the West Coast, so she didn't really have the edge, the New York edge, and they knew well then I came and ron G was my person and Diddy was behind Mary. So Mary's first album, if you go back and listen, it was really all jazz, R and B. Diddy always had his ear to the street and so he heard about my stuff coming and he came to ron G heard the mixtapes that we were doing, and he knew that my album was supposed to be like the mixtapes which wound up being Mary's remix album. So when he couldn't get Ron to give him my stuff, because Ron was like, no, miss Jones was going to be my artist. I'm getting her a deal, he took the music and went and remixed her first album and released it before we could even get out the gate with mine. So because he couldn't have you or not me, he wanted the music for Mary Oh good. He wanted the music from Ranchi for Mary. So every song that was supposed to be mine sound that's on the remix album that was he got it from. And he tricked Ron to Ron, just bring all your tapes down here, I just want to vibe. And Ron dumped all the tapes there, and I'm like, why would you do that? In hindsight, he didn't know. We didn't know that Diddy would wind up being you know the way it was. But so that's it. But she didn't know. Have you and Mary J. Blige ever sat and had a conversation about this, No, and she doesn't know. She doesn't like, I probably shouldn't even still remember, right.
Speaker 5: Why shouldn't you remember? Did somebody give you somewhere you ain't supposed to remember?
Speaker 4: I mean, because it's so many years. After so many years, you're supposed to move on, right, So don't get me wrong. I have my moments of Tourett's and going down the rabbit, but primarily I realized that she did not know and it wasn't her fault. And that's not to say that even if she didn't she wouldn't have been a huge star she is today. But I just know that particular situation happened that way, and that is the truth. But I'm not denying her success. I note after that, did he did the reality show for you for free? I've heard you talk about that? Remember that? NBA? My god, what was.
Speaker 5: The exact reality show?
Speaker 4: We don't even know. We were just kids happy to have some cameras because this is before reality shows, this is before Keisha call, this is before anything, and they have brought cameras into the High ninety seventh studio. So Envy was like, it would be good, it would be dope. Actually, if you could get Ditty to COSN you go shoot some scenes with Ditty. I'm like, what are you talking about? He's like whatever. So we get in there. I get into the office and he's first thing he says, is why are you always talking about Beyonce? And I'm like, I don't know. What are you drinking.
Speaker 5: He's like, cro ray T.
Speaker 4: Do you want something? And I'm like yeah, And then we just broke the ice and started talking. So the show never went me where and he said it was horribly produced. It was so bad.
Speaker 2: We're still kicking it with miss Jones. Now break down how you got on morning radio with starring buck back at Hot ninety seven days.
Speaker 4: Now mind you starn Buckwoldt used to write talk about me and their little magazine that they had as an R and B singer. They always talking about the gap in my mouth and all the things, and I'm like, since one dud dude talk about a woman's feature. But that was them, and so when they put me together with them, I still had an attitude. So he apologized, but it don't matter, like you know what I mean. And then he used to talk about everyone, which I understood what he was doing, but I didn't necessarily want to be a part of that because I'm still an ARM and B singer trying to make a comeback.
Speaker 5: And you got to rub hands or hands and I'm.
Speaker 4: Out signing at nights or not you go back to wherever it is you live. I'm in these streets and I gotta wow, yes, yes.
Speaker 2: And why did you leave that show? Because I yes, I.
Speaker 4: Had before we get to while you left, I wanted to ask because it kind of sets up for that question. So just hearing that background and knowing about the magazine and you coming in with attitude I gotta protect myself. Is that why before you left you chose to protect yourself in the situation that with Aliyah. Yes, that was a straight disrespect and it was too early for the bull. And I didn't like the fact that I knew all morning they were whispering, so I knew something was growing. It was always something growing with the kids, right, But that morning it was too soon for the bull. I knew she had just died, so it was and I was like, but I know they would never like go that far what happened, So go ahead you So Aliah passed away the week before. This was right before nine to eleven would happen. Right, she passed away. This is tragic because no one girl R and B young singer had been dying at all.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: The next week starring Buck Wow, primarily and his assistant Reese. They decide to re enact her dying on the plane crash, and they played on the screams and the and the sound of fire burning like a plane crashing, and I knew they were up to something like to this day, he goes, Miss Jones knew, No, you kept it from me, and you know, you didn't tell me what it was. But when I heard it, I walked out and I said, I wish you had died in a plane rather than a leah. And then Tracy used that. She was like, you don't wish death on your coworkers and go home and you cool off and you think about this like she punished me, right, She yelled at.
Speaker 5: Me and got them on the radio.
Speaker 4: And then an hour later McDonald's pulled their money, Bergie King, PEPSI, everybody pulled their money. I don't know if it was Jay Z and Dame Dash telling them this is what happened. I don't know. Because we didn't have social media back then, word didn't travel that quickly, but we had a lot of listeners back then, and everyone that was listening to the Star and buckwhole feature on Miss Jones heard it and knew someone that heard it. So when the corporation started pulling the money, bring bring Hello Jones, is Tracy Tracy the one that just wanted to go home and think about it.
Speaker 2: We need you back.
Speaker 4: I have to pull starm Buckwow off the air. The world everybody's mad, yeah, and we need you to calm the savage beast that is. And I did what I was told and went back on air. There's always been a conversation that either Dame or jay Z either called the station or came to the station or something like that.
Speaker 5: After all that happened.
Speaker 4: And now that all this other stuff is coming out now years later, I'm sure they probably took her to breakfast and made the threat that either you get them off the air or elsewhere, you won't have any more Rockefeller artists. I'm sure of that. I'm finding out now, we're all finding out that those type of conversations were had. You know, Wendy got let go because did he allegedly called Tracy and said, by the time I get back in town, she'd better be going, or you won't have any bad boy artists.
Speaker 2: So when they finally left Hot ninety seven and you were in Philly, us, right, we have to call a come back to New York.
Speaker 5: Yeah, wait, wait, don't.
Speaker 4: Let's stay Philly real quick because you're going to Philly. Was Wendy Williams giving you a call? So I called Wendy? Wait, Whendy called me that? I think she called me?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I heard.
Speaker 4: I've seen the interviews where you said she called you because she heard what was happening. Wendy Williams Info Andie Martinez. You guys are like the pinnacle of like if I could have a radio career on her mind.
Speaker 5: It is that.
Speaker 4: So I enjoy all your interview, especially your drink TMS interview. I've watched it a couple of times. Thank you, Thank you for carrying the torch and getting in there and getting no stories. Because I pay attention to you too, I'd be like this, like what, thank you.
Speaker 5: I appreciate that, and I.
Speaker 4: Appreciate you still having the love of it. So Wendy call Jones because she always had to sneak to call me because her husband Kevin later try to have me murdered in front of ninety seven. That's a whole nother story.
Speaker 5: Hold on, damn, put you something to drink?
Speaker 2: What did you call again, Yes, she said, I heard.
Speaker 4: What's going on. Called Golden Boy, who was then doing mornings or the PD for Power ninety nine, and call Luscious Ice over at the Beat. I didn't know either of these people, but I needed a job, so I called Luscious Ice responded quickly, and in a couple of weeks I had the position. I didn't know anyone in Philadelphia except for Charlie Baltimore and thank God for Chuck. She took me under her wings. She sat and with me on my first week and introduced me to people, told me kind of we're at a party where not the party, but to stay away from And Derek Coleman hell from the Sixers, and we went to Syracuse together. He helped me find my apartment and he just was being a real big brother to me when I got to Philadelphia. But it was very rewarding because when I got to that station, they were like number of fifty in the ratings. They had no signal and they had little resources, and I brought them to number three and three months.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 4: So for me, that was self what self?
Speaker 7: It was?
Speaker 4: It was because I still had the hurt of did I mean that little to the Star and Bucklow show that they think that they could just throw me out, and then I'm like, wait, maybe I ain't.
Speaker 9: And then you go somewhere and you revamp it, you replenish it, and then you make it a whole.
Speaker 4: New thing, and you just I just bought the same thing. They were happy to have me. They were coming to my grown folks Fridays, which I created. By the way they were coming, it was everything I did in Philly. I love Philly so much because they gave me what my soul needed without being paid or without yeah, without being paid to do so. They showed up for me, and at that time in my life, they gave me the confidence I needed to stand in being the only woman radios like that. And then it was so gratifying when Hot ninety seven had to call me back to save that as So, now we're getting back to New Jest. You want to ask her about the front pick with.
Speaker 5: Years So somebody trying to have you killed.
Speaker 4: Oh, Kevin, Wendy William's husband. According to the court documents, I was saying, okay, break.
Speaker 5: It down, allegedly breaking down.
Speaker 4: Allegedly, Kevin never liked me and Wendy's friendship and I think it's because when Wendy introduced me to Kevin, when she very first met him, he and I were sitting in the car together because she had gone in the store to get some gum, and we had a conversation and I told him to take care of my friend, and he goes, no, when she makes it, I'm gonna make it, I'm gonna take care of her. I didn't like that. I didn't like that. What you mean, when she becomes a star, you're gonna be right there. I didn't like that. And maybe it was harmless, but no, it's not because look how it ended up. So I knew Kevin didn't want her having any part to me, and I guess it got to the point because I wasn't backing down. At that point, she was start saying slick stuff about me on Aaron. I was started saying stuff back. For many years, I did nothing, but I was tired of being a punk ass bitch, and so I started saying stuff back and he wanted to silence me, and so in the court documents when they're intern, Nicole I think was her name, sued them. She came out and testified that he attempted to have a murder plot placed on Miss Jones. Now three years ago when me and Wendy Williams reunited, I think this was twenty twenty two. Twenty twenty two. She told me she goes, oh as far as keV trying to have you murdered. He was just playing. He didn't mean it, But that doesn't mean he didn't say it, And that doesn't mean that someone who is trying to be in his graces. We see people now shooting and killing people because they think they're doing something in the spirit of I got her, I got her. So how are you playing?
Speaker 5: How do you How do you feel right now about the.
Speaker 4: Regular Yeah? Yeah, no, no, yeah, thanks thank you because I almost missed it so regularly.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, we got more with Jonesy, Miss Jones. When we come back, don't move. It's to breakfast club, Good morning, the.
Speaker 5: Bugs with somebody else.
Speaker 20: I don't understand the people say, yeah, yeah, I can put you in the long cabin somewhere and asking.
Speaker 5: Girl, ain't nothing to the pain.
Speaker 2: Ain't tricking.
Speaker 21: If you got it what you're asking for, put you in the mansion somewhere and wiscabs and like I said, it ain't nothing.
Speaker 5: To the pain.
Speaker 4: We can change the last name.
Speaker 21: What's happening cause it looks so good? Tell me why you want to work here? I put you on the front page of a King magazine. But you're gonna get yourself heard here.
Speaker 20: Hey baby, about you in the back just to have a conversation.
Speaker 2: Really think you need some ventilation.
Speaker 5: Let's talk about you.
Speaker 15: And me.
Speaker 2: Oh, I can't believe that.
Speaker 5: Oh oh, she out a HOI home?
Speaker 2: What everybody is? E en v Jess, Hilarious, Charlamage, the God we are the breakfast club Lawn. La Rosa is here as well. We still talking to Miss Jones, radio personality singer. She's on Picks eleven.
Speaker 6: So now you know.
Speaker 2: When Jones goes back to Philly leaves Hot ninety seven, I was mad because I'm like, how she just gonna leave us in Philly. We've been doing this show for three four years, and I was mad at Jones. And I don't think I spoke to Jones for like two years, three years.
Speaker 4: Right, I know how you were mad at me.
Speaker 2: We just speak maybe for five months.
Speaker 4: No, Envy, that's not true.
Speaker 6: I had to be long enough, not for a minute.
Speaker 4: No, we were talking. We didn't talk personally. I had no idea. You were mad because I thought I did infight you to come to Philly, and you said you had money in.
Speaker 6: The clubs, so I thought I was coming. I thought we was ganggang.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she eyed your deuces and left, so I was always mad.
Speaker 6: I'm like, damn, so I had to start over.
Speaker 4: But sorry, wait, wait, wait, no, bring it back rewind. I am sorry because I wanted you. I don't Maybe I didn't come to you directly. Maybe I knew I couldn't afford you, so maybe I asked somebody in the team. Do you think I should ask Envy because he's not gonna come. I can't afford to pay him. But I thought I.
Speaker 2: Did different free when COVID hit, I haven't spoke to Jones, and you was watching the own network, you.
Speaker 4: And your wife, and I did not know this. Jack and Joe Mom called and said, I had no idea, your miss Jones, because I had created a new life for myself. Once I got fired in Philly the last, the third time, the last time, I couldn't have I couldn't mess around anymore. So I separated myself from the industry. I couldn't listen to radio. It made me.
Speaker 2: Bleed to hear radio industry stuff at all.
Speaker 4: Nothing. I changed my name. I started using my married name just so that no one could trace miss Jones back to me and that my kids would have a shame free upbringing, you know, so I was. I was not doing that. So one of my Jack and Jail mom shot to Jack and Jail of America called and said, I didn't know that was you, and I said, we talk about and then she said, there's a program on own dj MVY. His wife just said that we're not for you giving her husband a story radio he wouldn't be where he is. And I broke down crying because I hadn't spoken or heard from him in years. And I was angry because I felt like he's doing well. The other call hosts, everybody's doing well. They started on my show, and no one has reached out of hand to even see if my kids had Christmas, if everybody was doing okay or nothing. I was upset, but that gave me the to get outside of my ego, to pick up the phone and call and say hey, can we talk? And he was like, hey, Jones, was.
Speaker 9: He was very Yeah, you were very yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, uh maybe crying here me cry so I can't look at it out. So during COVID, she was telling me what she was going through. She left the industry, she didn't want to do radio anymore. She was fine just being a mom.
Speaker 6: She had two boys.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, nah, be, I'm like, I don't think you understand what you bring.
Speaker 6: So I said, this is what we're gonna do. Let's create a reunion show.
Speaker 2: We use my player form to push it, and I guarantee you a program director will coy you didn't I say that?
Speaker 6: And then what happened in a couple of months, I alone.
Speaker 4: I mean, we don't know your height of it, me and Jess, but like, you know what it's like to be doing something and being alone and feeling alone. And I felt so alone all the time that I became numb to it. Just felt like it was always going to be me and just me. And especially because in this I think people look at you. It's like you had a career. People think you're doing well. You just don't know what people Some people think that you're so resilient that she's not back because she doesn't choose to be back, looking and she's out there being football mom, wrestling mom, pta mom. She doesn't want to come back into the industry, and God bless her because the industry is poisoned. Not knowing I would have enjoyed, you know, having a stable check. Yeah, and I was sick and I had multiple more surgeries with the tumor, which is I want to say, it's God, it may never me completely, but I had. I had been diagnosed with amelia blastoma since I was child and was told I would never sing or have a career that required speaking, which is why God is just so miraculous, right and wonderful.
Speaker 2: But can I can I talk about the surveys? Yes, this is what made me cry.
Speaker 5: Okay, wow because this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So for Jones to make money, she would do surveys.
Speaker 6: She would go home on the wig.
Speaker 2: And do the survey again, then go home, put on another wig and do the survey again. So she had three different ways to get paid to do.
Speaker 4: Sorry, at this point, you had to feed your baby. Yeah, look he's learning cry till I'm going down all of the time and I'm back.
Speaker 2: So she would go surveys used to pay the bills and to get food, and she would change the wigs.
Speaker 9: Heavy although it's rumor in it and you know now or whatever, but like you were doing what you could do to take care of your baby.
Speaker 5: Well you're not, and to pay your bills, right, but does you know that feeling.
Speaker 4: I just wanted? Like for me, my kids did not ask to be born to me. Yeah, so why should they have to suffer and go without what their classmates have because of my reckless mouth or for decisions? So you have to do what you have to do. And those surveys like real talk, I like, still do so.
Speaker 5: Easy. This is what your opinion on?
Speaker 4: Do you like this pression ary? Do you like that one that's easy to money?
Speaker 2: This is crazy?
Speaker 6: So listen.
Speaker 2: So if we start doing the podcast, and within about three weeks she gets a call, right, somebody, a program director from down South, offers her a job and she goes, Andy, what should I do? I said you should wait, and she goes, why are they gonna give me a deal?
Speaker 6: This? That and the other.
Speaker 2: I said, you're not from down there, this is your town. This is where you're from. I said, somebody from New York was gonna call you. She just like you think. Another month later, you got the call from Neil.
Speaker 4: And it took about a good year and a half of me meeting with Skip and Chris to convince them that the Jonesy that they're hearing about her, the Jonesy that they once knew that was doing shock jock stuff, has matured, has children, has reasons to not come and destroy your radio station, sir and say reckless stuff to cause us all lose our jobs. Right, And ultimately that really was who I had grown into. Yeah, I had grown up. I had grown up, and so it was I felt like for me because the radio station dropped on my birthday. Yes, that's me and God's thing. He knows what he does things on my birthday.
Speaker 2: Oh that's for me.
Speaker 4: So I hung in air. I did get discouraged along the course of the way because it was just taking so long. A lot of women and maybe men too, we're so used to fighting and things not happening that we're always waiting for their other shoe to drop. But I'm so thankful. I guess that I had nothing to lose and everything's a gain by humbling myself and letting it happen in their time and in God's time, Because here I am and now I feel like God is moving me up so quickly because I did do a lot of work when I was home. I got into the Scripture and I would write down my pastor Darius Daniels. I would write down everything and so I could apply it whenever I was faced with a challenge because I don't want to go back to being hot head Tarsha. I want to write. And so I was doing the work and I was applying the work. And even now, I listened to the Scripture every morning on my drive into the block because I don't want the listeners that God has blessed me with again to be tortured or tormented with some book that I'm going through, right, because it's bigger than me, right, so it's always worked to be done, it never stops. I'm just thankful that I'm able to sit here with you and you and you and Charlomagne. You're here in spirit. But thank you for allowing me and y'all's house. Because I never imagined. I thought it was over. I thought I was going to be Jayalen and Chay's mom, and I was happy being that, right, But as my kids grew older, they had needs. So I'm glad.
Speaker 5: I'm in position, yeah, to meet the needs.
Speaker 2: Were still talking to Miss Jones, radio personality singer. She's on Picks eleven, jests.
Speaker 4: When did you meet Miss Knowles and the why did you say that? She told me off? You know I won that argument.
Speaker 5: What happened was argument with Miss Knowles.
Speaker 4: So Beyonce, it was a Friday afternoon and the staff was trying to rush me out. You're still here, Jones.
Speaker 6: You always would leave the same thing as now, Friday going.
Speaker 4: Most of the time, I wasn't even coming in. I'm at the book got.
Speaker 2: Jones winning at.
Speaker 4: But on that day I was there. I don't know Beyonce was coming up. So Michael Sean, the comedian on our show at the time, he happened to be downstairs because his routine was to go down after the show and smoke. So he said, he sees a whole secret service black SUVs pull up and all of a sudden, doors fling open, doors fling open, and hair blonde hair is just flowing in the wind, and these long, beautiful elongated legs step out of the suv and he's like Jones. So he runs back in the building to let me know that Beyonce, who we have been joking on, laughing on. I mean, because we always played too much. We don't have personal there's really nothing never to beef. I was just being stupid, right, and I was being paid to be stupid and to mind the people's business. And if you ever want me to stop minding your business, you have to pay me a separation. So she came upstairs and she went to hug me, but I being just being stupid. I was like, I don't hug I have newborns at home or whatever. That's something stupid just to I didn't know she was gonna be love on top. I would say, what error, Beyonce is? Where what's popping from the couch of tin and oles?
Speaker 2: And I'm from the Kuchi? Did this matter?
Speaker 5: This saying my name?
Speaker 4: What was this?
Speaker 5: Ring me along?
Speaker 4: She was, you know I got kids at home.
Speaker 5: Don't touch me.
Speaker 4: Don't touch me, don't hug you know why didn't say like I was just was like, you know, she went in for the hug and I did the stiff arm and she was like, I'm Beyonce, and I was like, nice to meet you, and she nice to meet you to and she walked on to the studio to do her voice work. Yeah, come that, damn Tina Oles. Yeah. I like how you keep my daughter's name in your mouth all the time.
Speaker 2: This is public.
Speaker 6: It's from everybody, now, everybody.
Speaker 2: I'm there, It's in the hallway.
Speaker 4: Okay, and now I'm gonna continue to keep it. And now I'm gonna add your us to the list. You need to worry about that joker lipstick making you look like the damn joker.
Speaker 5: What you said I did.
Speaker 4: Yes, you still feel like that jes said that. I believe, But you just said that was so much conviction. I just wanted to know if, like where we at right now with mss Tina and reenacting, you know what I mean? Yeah, that came, but no I had so I didn't have a problem with Beyonce back then, despite all the parody songs, all the things. We were like kids being let loose in the funhouse, you.
Speaker 6: Remember, and you wasn't there.
Speaker 4: That said came from I want you.
Speaker 9: I happened with mc hammer first of all, because he from absolutely right.
Speaker 2: I heard you know you see the dance can't touch this? Yes, So this is what interviews were live. Really, So when he landed, he was on his way to the station. Jones was in the casino, so she didn't coming that day winning. So Sean was making fun of him, like him's coming, what you're gonna say, can't touch this? Like him on what happened? I got to pray, like we were making fun.
Speaker 4: Of going because Hammer's in the cab listening to himself. He clown because he's thinking he's coming out love a great interview and it's New York. Who wants to be clown in New York?
Speaker 2: He's never expecting, right, So he gets to the station, him and the older gentleman come inside, closes the door, stands at the door, says, I'm here to test the coward's heart. I don't even know what that means, right, I was like, what that means, I'm here to fuck y'all up?
Speaker 6: Talk that in front of me. At that point, he's.
Speaker 2: Not letting us out. Yeah, he's not letting us out. So what you start doing?
Speaker 5: Dancing?
Speaker 2: I was, I was nervous. You joked again.
Speaker 4: You was like, can't touch this and started dipping his dodging away from him. He playing around, yep, and then Mike Sean starts going in with his type of comedy and then somebody called Ebro. Ebro came from the Bay every year and he had a relationship with Hammer. But it got so real, like I think Hammer started sweating and was in their face like when you're talking and sitting down. Oh yeah. And then had it not been for Ebro saying chill, chill, chill, chill, Hammer, they not. Yeah, they had the squad.
Speaker 2: Hebro said. Hebro caught me and said, look, I don't know if you know, but him is real. And that little that that guy, the old guy you got probably got a gun in his bag right there.
Speaker 6: So he was like at the time, I carry my little too.
Speaker 2: Yes, he said, so those little two bulletin gonna do nothing alone. And I was That was my probably my scariest interview after that was about so.
Speaker 5: He was the original bird Man?
Speaker 2: Yes he was, Yes, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 9: So your ass at the casino tumbling down on a hard four or something, split the fours or something.
Speaker 2: I do want to ask last question. You were in Biggie's video One More Chance. How was that video?
Speaker 4: That was very very special because everyone didn't get invited to be in it, and I was one of the girls whose records may not have been the biggest, but they'd invited me because Surety was ill and everybody was showing up and everyone was being regular like nobody was being nasty. Everyone came with love and excitement because we didn't even hear the song. Did He wouldn't let anybody hear And the only song that was out was the remix, So all night before, I'm practicing in the mirror to the remix, not knowing that that wasn't gonna be the one, but everybody was and there were people outside still trying to get in. So I'm actually glad I got there early. But Patra shah Nay like, I'm fans of these girls and I'm now I'm like in a video with them, And to this day when those see things like that would happen while I was raising my kids when they were little, a video would come on and somebody would be like that looks like you. Things like that, And I think the defining moment when the cat came out the bag that Tasha Jaylen and Chay's mom was Miss Shones. I was running around. It was football mom, and before a football game, you have to make sure that the announcer booth everybody has the names of the players, the coaches, all the things, and then you have to press a button for the Whitney Houston national anthem, which I'm pressing buttons and nothing's playing, and they're all looking at the black lady in the booth that they probably think should have had no business up there to begin with. I grabbed the microphone and bust down the national anthem to the point they're clapping before I even get to the and the Land of the Bread and my sons. They're looking there like, Jalen, that's your mom. And I'm like, hey, and mom. And at that moment they're like, you're somebody, do you know? White folks are googling, Oh yes, and the game for up at that point, and I couldn't hine. And then I was like, maybe I'm not supposed to. Maybe I need to figure out, you know.
Speaker 2: Some things.
Speaker 4: And I wanted to sing. I just didn't want to be back in the industry. So I started singing with a little band and that fulfilled me. And then that and my little surveys, the money from singing in the vand in the service were good.
Speaker 5: We were bought.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you so much. You could check on pix eleven on Thursdays.
Speaker 4: And now I have a TV talk show special on pix eleven hopefully June twenty second. If not, because I'm you know me, I'm never satisfied, so I'm still tweaking. If I don't make my June twenty second debut, it'll be July six, okay with recording.
Speaker 2: Go out and watch that, and I love it so much.
Speaker 4: History here man respecting and carrying a torch on ladies, no problem.
Speaker 5: That's really really good for us. We here because you reallyterally well.
Speaker 4: Thank you, because you're doing it well and you're looking great doing it, and you stay focused, black out the white noise, okay, and just keep going. Thank you, Thank you. Guys.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, miss Jones. Jones, it's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 6: Good morning, you're checking out the Breakfast Club. It's your time to nominate a donkey of your own. Remember now, that's it's how they choose. I call in now. Eight hundred and five eight five one o five one.
Speaker 2: All right, Charlomagne is out today, So if you want to give somebody donkey of the day, eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. Hello, who's this drag it up? Give somebody don't get a day? Hey man, this is going to you, and okay, I'm listening.
Speaker 17: Well, Long was the one to report about sider Perry's over there giggling.
Speaker 7: And stuff a spotter.
Speaker 17: You tried talking about character, whether you can't have a really good part, but you can also be gilty to things do happen.
Speaker 2: You're absolutely right. But my whole point is I'm not gonna judge a man based off of one side of a situation. I know Tyler Perry's character, and based on his character, I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt until we hear more information. I'm just not gonna crucify a man, especially that somebody has done so much for our community. I don't know if he's guilty, it's not, but me personally, I'm not going to crucify the brother.
Speaker 6: Until I hear his side of things. You can if you want, that's your opinion.
Speaker 5: And that's what you literally said.
Speaker 2: Just sit back and let no one said the crucified.
Speaker 3: When you start talking like.
Speaker 2: That's all you talked about, Listen all that.
Speaker 17: To proceed with this guy's head color, Like when when when Diddy was indicted, and until he castor came out, everybody was just like, whatever, I don't.
Speaker 2: Why would you do that? No, nobody said, nobody said the characters, nobody said Diddy's character was made. People said, let's let's say the information. I'm just telling you what what Tyler Perry has done the people. And you hear all the all the things that the good that Tyler Perry has done for people. You know what I'm saying is, don't judge when you only hear one person's out of the situation. Why why couldn't it be.
Speaker 8: If he if he did this, this was traumatized to this guy, if he did this this wrong.
Speaker 18: You could have said that, all.
Speaker 2: Right, but over there I could have said it, but I didn't want to say it because I don't believe it.
Speaker 9: All right, Look, let me tell you this. If something funny, I'm ana laugh. I don't care what you're talking about. You can give me donkey if you want, that's cool. But if something funny, I'm gonna laugh. Derrek Dickinson, that's funny. That is And the character and the character of a homeless gay dude this that it's funny.
Speaker 2: A lot of Tyler Perry stuff.
Speaker 5: It's funny. So I'm gonna laugh ha ha on that ass.
Speaker 6: But you could give his I have a good one. Gave us to Day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's on him.
Speaker 2: It's funny. That is hello. Who's this?
Speaker 6: My name is hey, Keisha? Who you want to give donkey to Day too?
Speaker 22: I want to give donkey to my boyfriend?
Speaker 2: Why on me with a gay man?
Speaker 5: Ha ha ha on that ass. That's crazy.
Speaker 6: What a transition.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, I don't know what I did wrong.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, mama.
Speaker 9: Oh no, it wasn't you. You didn't do anything wrong. Maybe that that's been where he wanted to be. But he could be by, To be honest with you, he could just be by because you know they exist.
Speaker 2: You know, that's very true.
Speaker 5: That's but he should have gave.
Speaker 2: You that choice.
Speaker 9: He definitely need don't today because he should have gave you that choice.
Speaker 6: You're right, I'm sorry about that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 16: So I caught him on the the jack app.
Speaker 4: The jack apps, Oh jackets, Oh he's really in It was the jacket The jack app is for the girls. And what were you doing on the jack app? She was trying to figure out why her man was on there. You always said you can track it if your guy is gay. No, it's the jack app is. It's like you can be in a location and you on Jacket. You could put your location and you can see who's in your area that wants to like hook up, link up.
Speaker 5: And that's for gays and streets, right, it's not just print people that go on jack do you? She and we have a gay house.
Speaker 10: In the community.
Speaker 2: So how did you know to even check that? Like, what gave you a sign that he was gay?
Speaker 13: Okay?
Speaker 3: Let me tell you what he did?
Speaker 2: Okay, So I'm.
Speaker 18: I walked in the room.
Speaker 22: No man should have their legs up. Okay, I don't.
Speaker 4: Care who tell me gone, No.
Speaker 22: Man should have their legs up and be comfortable like that.
Speaker 2: He liked, he liked a little butt action. That don't mean him he's gay.
Speaker 5: But you walked in the room and he had his legs up waiting for you.
Speaker 18: Or I don't know if it was for me. Honestly, I should have put on my cousin's roads to act like I was the man.
Speaker 22: I don't know what was happening.
Speaker 9: Oh would you get back with him?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, all right, Well, well I'm sorry, Mama. Sorry, he shouldn't go through that, so.
Speaker 16: That that goes to him, and because he is the father of my child.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's different. It's different.
Speaker 5: Y'all got a boy or girl?
Speaker 7: You have a daughter?
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, that's okay, all right, No that's not safe. Okay, thank you Jesus.
Speaker 2: We should have asked his name, and I ain't even put him on the class like that. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 16: Chariochario?
Speaker 7: Good morning Andy, Lauren. More than how you doing this morning?
Speaker 6: You give a donkey too.
Speaker 7: I got a double donkey if I could the one. I want to give a donkey to my cousin and her kids. All right, this is what's going on. My mom got a little dog in the bill, and then my cousin's you almost missed placed to my mom let him in the house, so they're staring up with her. And then ottle Son he like telling the eight years old what's gonna be boy? But he ended up breaking in the bell leg My mama seventy years old. He's she a good crystal woman, but she can't afford it and get the surgery done to get the love ad because she gotta go pint me page. That's the first part. But I really want to just give her donkeys to the little bad Little Boy. But if anybody on the on the platform or listeners, you can go to Sydney C I N. D Y Burches, b U R G. E. S. S. Brown And if y'all my mom get the arm dot leg that's I appreciate it. I put the guard in the healing bell and she ain't think I was funny, So I say, I'll come to the breakfast club with it. All right, I'm my second donkey, gonna go to arm to be. You know, y'all doing great on the TV, but I think y'all can put more segments in like the dunk the other day, your doctor chest just with my mess. It's more segments that y'all can put into it. I y'all want to get to be the biggest sea holl okay, not on follow or off.
Speaker 2: On two B. It depends who the interview is, so sometimes we do interviews, sometimes we do the segments. There's two different formats, so definitely salute to two B and definitely check us. You could watch it on two BE each and every day. Donkey of the Day eight hundred five eight five, one oh five to one. You can give donkey of the day to whoever you want now when we come back. Now, when Jones was up here, Miss Jones just joined us. She was talking about some odd jobs she did to pay the bills. Right, I'll tell you that when I spoke to her, she was doing these surveys, and these surveys would pay her money where she can, you know, pay for her kids food and pay for rent and all this other stuff. And she said she would wear a wig, so she would go home, put on a different wig, and then fill out another survey, then come home, fill out a wig. And it was that tough for her because she gave up music. So we're asking eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one, what's the craziest thing you did to make some money?
Speaker 6: Legal?
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know if that's legal, lough, But what's the craziest thing you did to make some money? Let's leave it at that. I'll ask you when you come back. And I know you did some crazy stuff. And she was smiling, so I know you must have did some wild stuff. We'll get to it nexus the breakfast club.
Speaker 6: Good morning, your phone call in, right, now call me.
Speaker 2: At your opinion to the Breakfast Club top break it down. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five.
Speaker 6: One The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 15: It's topic time called eight hundred five eight five one five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Morning. Everybody is tj Envy just hilarious. Charlamagne the guy we are the Breakfast Club law La Rosa is here as well. Now if you're just joining us. We interviewed miss Jones. And when I was talking to Miss Jones because we haven't spoken in a long time, and she was telling me to make money and to make sure that she was able to feed her kids. She used to do these surveys, uh, and to do these surveys, I guess they pay you a certain amount of money to do these surveys. And then she would go home, put on a wig, and go right back and do it again. And then she would go home and put on a long wig or red wig and go right back and do it again because she had to make sure she took care of her family. So we're asking eight hundred five eight five one oh five one, what's the craziest, weirdest thing you did to make some money, what about you see the.
Speaker 5: Crazy ain't nothing weird? That evident?
Speaker 9: Well, you know, I was a sugar baby for a little minute. I was you know, I was out here with what I had. This old guy, right, I had a sugar daddy was crazy. He was like sixty five or sixty six Jesus Christ when I was younger. So it was crazy. I know, he probably like seventy five or dead now. Yeah, but it was a white dude.
Speaker 5: You had a lot of money, and yeah below.
Speaker 9: His ways didn't work. He was he was paralyzed a long time ago. Yeah, yeah, yeah, And so I ain't really had to do nothing but work up top. So I was like, okay, yeah, and it was like what is there to do time? You know, just kissing nipples, you know, things like that.
Speaker 5: He liked things like that.
Speaker 9: I mean, like for me to choke him like with like he would have like the He really liked bondage. He liked all that because nothing worked outside. But he loved being abused, and I loved it because he was white.
Speaker 6: Why not? Why did y'all break up?
Speaker 5: Because I was done? He wanted about to be my end. What you wasn't gonna be my man? I grew out of all that money.
Speaker 6: Sorry, all right.
Speaker 5: Once I racked up enough.
Speaker 2: I was good.
Speaker 5: You know I was good. But I know somebody close to me used to do sleep.
Speaker 9: Studies for money, which you mean like sleep studies like yo, you like John They would go to John Hopkins's hospital and let the people play in their brain.
Speaker 5: They put you to sleep. It's different sleep.
Speaker 9: Studies like uh, it's one you like a five day one, You'll be sleep like. They'll put you to sleep every day and they going to experiment on your brain and they pay you to do it, and they make you sign something right that is like you can't sue us if you if this affects you, lead on down the line.
Speaker 5: Really crazy like people do studies for money.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. Yeah, that's crazy. Let's go to the full long. I ain't do nothing crazy. I just did tell the market. That's as crazy as I would that's it. That ain't even that cry.
Speaker 5: I think you're holding back on side.
Speaker 2: And hello, who's this yo?
Speaker 3: Good morning, good morning.
Speaker 2: Easy with the word and be easy.
Speaker 6: What's uthing? What's the craziest thing you did for money?
Speaker 5: Yo?
Speaker 3: When I used to live in Fayerville, I used to sell Pezza and sell blood at the same time.
Speaker 7: That was like the main hustle for me down there.
Speaker 2: When I was down there, what do you mean piece of blood like blood on the pizza separately, no.
Speaker 7: Man, now blood on the people. Like I was working for Dominoes, and right after my Dominoes ship, I would go to the plasma turning and show all my blood. And I was running that forward. I was doing that for a while.
Speaker 2: How much would they give you for blood?
Speaker 3: It would be like it would be like fifty dollars every time you.
Speaker 7: Would go in, so like you would have to wait maybe like an hour or two hours before you could go back in again.
Speaker 2: So you go in there numerous times a day.
Speaker 7: I mean a hustle is a hustle. Now I think the cap was two times a day. The cap was two times a day.
Speaker 5: But now that was the hustle and you never passed out like nothing.
Speaker 7: Now I'm a I'm a soldier.
Speaker 3: Now I'm selling head wraps.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I'm selling brown Girl grinding and head wraps.
Speaker 5: I know because I where's your website?
Speaker 3: Everything could get from everything you could get off my Instagram.
Speaker 6: For the whole too.
Speaker 5: I owned that that tree.
Speaker 2: Easy, good luck, because Laurda's going to sue you.
Speaker 6: Thank you though. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 7: Hi?
Speaker 6: Hey, Reeese, what's the craziest thing you did for some money?
Speaker 16: Okay? So when I was in undergrad, I had a paper route and I would go to the club. Then I would go pick up my son and then we would go get the papers and we would be out until like five thirty in the morning. Then I would drop them off bets take care, and I would go to class.
Speaker 6: Paper rown ain't too crazy at all. A lot of people used to do paper routes.
Speaker 16: You don't think that's crazy for a whole grown up People used to laugh at.
Speaker 2: Me, nah, because I see people doing paper route now we're pisses me off about the paper route now when y'all throw the papers and the rains and that the papers all disgusting in front of my lawn. And besides that, I'm mad at that fee.
Speaker 16: Back in the day, back in the day, we had a little blue bag.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Pap, No, I know, blue bag now, but that ain't that crazy now?
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 4: Bye?
Speaker 1: This is Stacey again.
Speaker 2: How you doing, Hey, Stacy?
Speaker 5: Happy run?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, here we go. Okay, so wait real quick. So I always been like a hustler, Like, I've always been about my money, even when I was little. So I grew up in Brownsville. I don't know if y'all know about Brownsville, but everybody knows that you don't go in that neighborhood if you don't live there. I used to just put up flyers in a building. I used to go to, the so called People Choice. I used to pack backs there. They used to pay us to put flyers in the building. Right, So that's like the craziest thing I ever did.
Speaker 7: Now, mind you.
Speaker 1: I never got robbed doing it, but I got robbed like three times in my own neighborhood. So that was dangerous to me to be. But yeah, right, because I've always been about my money. One other thing, I just want to touch you on the topic about the lady who said that she lost her boyfriend to Jack. Not that I know anything about it, but Jack is a gay ass. It is where Jack is a gay app where day.
Speaker 4: You listen, you know about Jack. You know you know you know about Poper.
Speaker 1: I know all about Jack, I know about all I Yeah, I know about I know about all. But yeah, so yeah, if y'all ladies want to know, if your man is yell, look that's the anything, go on his phone and go on jack.
Speaker 7: And if you got a jack.
Speaker 2: Carry Thank you, Thank you y'all.
Speaker 18: Wait, Josh, you're gonna be there Friday.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, I'm gonna be there.
Speaker 2: My cupcakes gonna be here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, yes, listen, I'm thinking them Thursday night.
Speaker 18: I got it here.
Speaker 5: Okay, thank you baby.
Speaker 1: All right, no, but thank you y'all.
Speaker 7: Have a good.
Speaker 2: Day, see Friday. Now if you're just joining us, salute to misus. Jones, she was on the show earlier talking about odd job that she had to pay the bills. Let's listen. So for Jones to make money, she would do surveys, suld go home on the wig, No, do the survey again. Then go home, put on another wig and do the survey again. So you would have three different days to get paid to do. Oh sorry, baby.
Speaker 5: At this point, you had to feed your baby. Yeah, he's learning.
Speaker 2: Till we all here. So we're asking eight hundred five eight five five And what's an odd job you did to make some money?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 2: What about you?
Speaker 6: Lauren?
Speaker 4: My odd jobs are always like real careers. Like I was a flight career. I was a flight attend. I didn't market it for Barclays.
Speaker 5: I lived. I was a publicist. I've lived some lines.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like I said, I would put the US open. I did telemarketing. I ain't do nothing too too crazy.
Speaker 5: It was a pilot. I did you know?
Speaker 4: I was a commissioner.
Speaker 6: He who's thisha?
Speaker 2: Hey, issha, what's the crazy thing you did to make some money?
Speaker 22: So when I graduated high school, I went on got a interview with this place. I said. It was a spot in downtown Manhattan. It was good money. It was fifteen thousand an hours two thousand and four when I got there. It was a receptionist job. But it wasn't exactly a spot spot. It was a place where men got enemas. I had to read off the script. They stay underparts. It's very interesting.
Speaker 2: Wow, So it was they had. They had happy endings in there too as well.
Speaker 22: I'm thinking, will not. I wasn't in the rooms with time, but I'm sure they did.
Speaker 2: Okay, but you stayed there and got your money though, huh.
Speaker 4: Period.
Speaker 22: I did that for like two weeks, and then it got a little uncomfortable because the call they were to ask for me. Wow, wow, Yeah, I wasn't into that.
Speaker 4: Trying to yeah, trying to do that.
Speaker 6: Thank you, mama.
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this? I t three PC? What's up? What's the craziest thing you did to make some bread?
Speaker 3: I worked as a security guard and then they had to started doing videography at a sex club.
Speaker 2: Where was the sex club in Vegas? On Vegas? So you did security the green door, the green door. What celebrities?
Speaker 6: What celebrities would be in there?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: No, celebrities with a bunch of different people out the porno industry. I don't know their names.
Speaker 9: You have a run into the punishing Jesus.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 3: We had a couple that used to come in there and do the same thing. The guy would like everybody in the club finish on his girl and then we would go into a private room.
Speaker 2: See, it's a thing, it's a category, it's a fetish he did.
Speaker 5: He's nothing only as That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 12: Hi?
Speaker 16: This is tweet and I was just calling to tell you all the craziest thing.
Speaker 5: I read did for money back in my day.
Speaker 16: First, I went to a tricks out.
Speaker 2: Hold On hold On first of all, we know your name's not tweet because we got to call ot there. I say your name, and we're not gonna say it.
Speaker 16: Okay, I think, but now I want my mama to hear this.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 6: So so what you did to make some money?
Speaker 16: I then went to a trick, went to the house. Money was a little short. I had to make him go upstairs get his mama.
Speaker 2: Write, my chick, wait a minute. You wasn't escort. The guy paid you, but it wasn't enough money. So you made him go back in the house and and his mama got a check from his mama.
Speaker 16: Yeah, because I wasn't leaving without it. And she said, well damn how much did she.
Speaker 22: Well, I need all my money.
Speaker 6: How much you charged him? You did?
Speaker 2: Well back then?
Speaker 16: You know that was jers the goal.
Speaker 10: That was years thirty forty years ago.
Speaker 6: How much did you charge you, ma'am?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 22: Well, well he was short sixty, that was one sixty, and he was short six.
Speaker 5: How would you try? How much would charge him the day?
Speaker 4: With inflation? How much would you charge him today? You said that was years ago?
Speaker 3: Oh bro, you know what, it ain't know enough?
Speaker 4: They got It's too much going on, ain't know nothing, ain't know enough.
Speaker 2: I hope you're retired by now because you would be old.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, God, it's good. Look at him.
Speaker 6: There you go.
Speaker 2: Have a good one.
Speaker 6: All right, y'all too Wow, what's the ball of the story?
Speaker 4: Is it what you want z?
Speaker 5: As long as they don't get you in jail.
Speaker 4: I have a couple of weeks, Yeah, y'alltid alright, Well when we come back.
Speaker 2: We got the Latest with Laura. What were we talking about?
Speaker 4: Were talking push your t in the clips because he's throwing shot to another rapper and uh, we talked to people yesterday. Listen to the lyrics, but now we know exactly who we know exactly.
Speaker 9: Talking about little mama, he said the lip gloss thing. I said, oh what, little mama?
Speaker 2: Shut up?
Speaker 6: Nexus the Breakfast Club, Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Warning, everybody's DJ Envy, Jess Hilaris Charlamagne the guy we are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to the latest with Lauren. Laaren be coming a straight fast. She gets to somebody that knows somebody to detail.
Speaker 4: I'm a homegirl that knows a little bit about everything.
Speaker 6: She'd be having the Latest on the lawn. The Latest with Laurence la Rosa. Sometimes you have facts, sometimes you have details. Sometimes you have a little bit of everything. It's the latest on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Okay, so yesterday here in the Breakfast Club, we dropped the worldwide exclusive where we played a new song called so Be It from the clips from their new album that Got Sort Them Out coming on July eleventh. Now, uh, and we told y'all yesterday listen to the lyrics. Listen to the lyrics because pusha T was taking shot at somebody.
Speaker 5: Wow, I hit Laura. Mama said, what did you do to push up? Because you heard the talking about it.
Speaker 9: So, yeah, now we're not he not talking about little Mommy. I don't know, y'all was thinking the same thing.
Speaker 4: No, he's actually talking about Travis Scott. So push your Tea is throwing some shots at Travis Scott in that uh verse, you Mike.
Speaker 6: Went off, You Mike went off. We gotta plug it in. I don't know what just happened. Now say something.
Speaker 4: Push your T actually pushing he was talking to Travis Scott in that verse, and he actually sat down and explained why he came at Pushing T. In that verse, he sat down with the New York Times podcast podcast, Let's take a listen to Push your Tea.
Speaker 23: He's shameless. It all came from actually being in Paris, Pains, through carrying the you know, the Utopia briefcase. He comes see he interrupts the session. The next day, the meltdown verse or whatever comes comes on. You know, Yeah, Scott talking about and all of that. That was a corny like you shouldn't have been here anyway. And then to like, you know, to come back in our fold point, yeah, to invade.
Speaker 4: The fold and then you know, do all that he did was like.
Speaker 23: Man, I was corny. He's shameless.
Speaker 7: He does it.
Speaker 23: You've seen him do it to everybody. I've definitely had to put my hand on your shoulder before you died in front of me. You cried in front of me. Calabasis took you and your pride in front of me. I had to help you. People take that type of for granted.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so he said he felt away.
Speaker 6: Should to break it down for O Laman's terms.
Speaker 2: Yes, Travis Goott played allegedly played Push the T and m his project his album and didn't play that Drake verse.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 6: Then the next day they're saying that the Drake verse came out and it.
Speaker 2: Was like, bro, we just played the whole thing. You never played this, and I thought we was cool. And yes, push it just does what's pusha dust?
Speaker 4: He felt the way. Now the Drake's I mean the Drake the verse specifically talking about was from Meldown and the reason why he fought away is because Drake not only took a shot that pushed t in that, but he took a shot out for a well let's take a listening. But in that verse that y'all just heard from Drake, he's referencing the nerd chains and the different chances that he wore in a jumbo trying video that were previously for else He melted them down. Yeah, he melted them down.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 4: Push Your T also talked to GQ about this because when the verse came out and people started to pick up on the fact that he was talking about Travis, people of course started saying, what Push your T does this every time he drops music, and specifically when Push Your Tea talked to GQ, he said, it's not about him. He said, it's not about him, you know, trying to do things for shot value. He said, for the last couple of years, he's only been wearing clothes. He don't basically, I don't bother nobody, but he said, it's like, you know, people go out of their way and then you do something like meltdown and you bring it to our house where you play it for phar Real, you play it for me and my brother. Him and Malice were in the LVI studio headquarters and y'all leave off a verse and then it's like, basically, like you plan in our face type of things, so we don't bother y'all, don't bother us, and don't bring that home like we we He said.
Speaker 5: I got away from.
Speaker 4: Kanye, I got away from all the goofy things that y'all and indulge yourselves in. But when it comes to you firing at my camp, I don't take it lightly and I think go ahead.
Speaker 6: I also think there was an old way of doing stuff right. The old way of doing stuff was.
Speaker 2: You only when you clap back at somebody, you clap back on your own album and your own project. You didn't step out of your realm to do it right. That's what I think is doing it because it brings anticipation to the album. The project and now what I can't wait to hear the whole album.
Speaker 4: Yeah, one hundred percent because he's shooting. Oh yeah, he's definitely shooting. Do we have our next clip in for the next story?
Speaker 5: Yes? Okay, great? Oh God is good. So this just happened? We okay?
Speaker 4: So, Angie Martinez, she has her in real life podcast, Yes That Cares on her YouTube channel her Angie Martinez YouTube channel, and today at noon Eastern Center time, she's going to be dropping a interview with Angela Simmons. Angela Simmons announces on that podcast that Hurt and Yo Gotti are no longer together.
Speaker 5: Let's take a listen, Simmons, are you telling me right now you're in your single goal era?
Speaker 4: Again?
Speaker 13: Not my choice, but you know I respect him.
Speaker 5: It's all loved. It's not your choice. I wouldn't have chosen, but it was what was best.
Speaker 13: But I wouldn't have chosen it.
Speaker 2: No, what are you saying to me?
Speaker 7: I'm saying that I'm a lover.
Speaker 4: I love love, I love relationships.
Speaker 5: This man proclaimed that he wanted to get with Angela Simmons.
Speaker 2: This man like pursued you.
Speaker 5: So you're not telling me that he that he ended, did he have the relationships?
Speaker 4: It was my choice, you know, I just I had to make a decision. It's hard. I feel like for me, you were relationships because I get really invested like and when I'm in love, I'm in love like, which means like I'm staying with you.
Speaker 5: But yeah, you know, it didn't feel good to not do to not view them.
Speaker 4: Damn yo, I know.
Speaker 2: So they broke up.
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 5: And again that interview you call.
Speaker 2: Anjie May and asked if she wanted that part put out there or did you just stay like you stole everything else?
Speaker 4: Oh no, no, no, Angie Martinez is an icon, not that the clips are not. But you handled that differently. Did you handle Did you handle Angie Martinez? So here I did make the calls to not I mean maybe not even her, but to who I needed to talk to to make sure that you know, this was a fair like they knew what was happening, giving people what heads up.
Speaker 6: Because this let Angie come out of retirement.
Speaker 2: Have to give two piece. Let you know that she will come.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, we do things correctly here at the latest with Laura Rose in the Breakfast Club. Okay, make sure but make sure you guys going and listen to that interviewing fool, because there have been these like cryptic things that have been happening, right Like Angie, I'm not Angie. Angela Simmons had posted I won't once meet in life in all areas with flows, flows, with goals, goals to her Instagram, and people were like, wait, are they broken up?
Speaker 7: Yo?
Speaker 4: Gott he took a trip to I believe it was a London he took a trip to when we didn't see her, y'all know they always got there and they're like, wait, did they break up? So now she's actually sitting down and talking about it, and I think a lot of us were so happy for them, right.
Speaker 9: Yeah, like that, Yo, he had a crush on He chased her like he won her, and she finally gave him a chance. And then what happened, Oh no, you don't even we don't even know what happened to y'all find out on it on is it going to be on an interview, the full interview or Angie Montine you have.
Speaker 4: To watch the see I have her your mouth frumblings, but we won't get into it here.
Speaker 2: But weumblings.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we'll hear what's crazy? Will you hit the word rumblings?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we'll take it.
Speaker 4: We'll watch the interview and then we'll come back.
Speaker 2: Lauren to go too far sometimes, so you gotta you gotta pull it back, gotta reiler back in. Thank you? All right now, that was the latest with Lauren.
Speaker 5: Paul McCartney birthday.
Speaker 6: Name of Paul McCartney song.
Speaker 5: Come on, Hevy, you always the one with him and Michael Jackson. Damn, girl is mine or the dog gon girl is mine?
Speaker 2: You thought she did not, But that's the easy with Michael Jackson. All right. Now when we come back, we got the People's Choice mixes, the Breakfast Club, Come Morning Wake.
Speaker 6: You're like into the Breakfast Club pulling everybody's.
Speaker 2: DJ Envy just hilarious. Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 14: Now.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow Juneteenth shouts, everybody that's doing June teen celebrations. Uh, Lauren and myself will be hosting a panel in the American Dream Mall in Jersey, sir. And then tomorrow evening afternoon, I'm going to Queens Roy Wilkins Park and Queen's there having a huge celebration. They're expecting like eight to ten thousand people. It's all free, so come on out. They're gonna have free rides, it's all free, all free DJ's music and just a good time, just a great celebration. And I'm bringing a bunch of special guests for my DJ set to perform for everybody out there. So I want to slope to everybody in Queens. I don't want to say the names of the people performing because there's so many people coming, and just in case somebody doesn't come, I don't want to say this person and this person comes, and this person, this person comes. But it's gonna be a huge celebration. A lot of New York artists, a lot of artists all over the place that are gonna be coming up to perform. So get there early. We'll have a good time and it's all free, all in fun, all right now, Just this weekend, where you're at.
Speaker 9: I'm a Buffalo, New York, y'all at the Helium Comedy Club. We got two shows on Friday, two shows on Saturday. Get your tickets at jesselariosofficial dot com. They are going fast. I think Saturday is already sold out for the second show, the late show, and I will be doing meet and greet at every late show. So that's the nine thirty show on Saturday and the nine a clock show on Friday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, get your tickets. Can't wait to see you Buffalo.
Speaker 2: All right and also this week and I'm gonna be in Canada, Winnipeg on Friday Saturday. Albani so salutes everybody in Aubany. I can't wait to see you guys, not just you got a positive know I do.
Speaker 9: If you gotta do something strange for a piece of change, don't feel bad. What because people got to do strange things for money envy and they shouldn't feel.
Speaker 5: Bad about it.
Speaker 9: It's about the mental health, is yeah, because it's also Men's Mental Health Month.
Speaker 5: And if they all here popping it because they need it, they need some money. What else do you expect for them to do?
Speaker 2: Breakfast club? Bitch? Is you don'na finish for y'all done