Speaker 1: Welcome to the Solid Verbal.
Speaker 2: I'm that for me.
Speaker 1: I'm a man, I'm forty.
Speaker 2: I've heard so many players say, well, I want to be happy.
Speaker 1: You want to be happy for Dake Edith state is that?
Speaker 2: Whoo whoom?
Speaker 1: And Dan and Tye welcome back to the Solid Verbal. Boys and girls. My name is ty Hildebrand. I am joined by my co hosts. A gentleman, fine gentlemen. I saw him yesterday. His name is Dan Rubinstein. Sir, how are you.
Speaker 2: Ty That intro was not good enough for being for me? Excuse me, since I've been with you, that's just not going to work for you.
Speaker 1: Nobody can equal me. You know this, and I know this.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna sip on this drink when I'm a little left up, Tye, when I'm a little left up, I should know how to pick up.
Speaker 1: I have no idea what lyrics you're going with today.
Speaker 2: It's very difficult to understand him. That is, I mean, I feel the same way, don't get me wrong. That is from the heart. That is French Montana, French Montana, French Montana with unforgettable unforgettable right okay?
Speaker 1: Ooh and she tipsy? Okay, yeah, yeah, not familiar with the genre as a whole. Is it on pop radio? Haven't heard it? It's like the number two song in the country right now. I need to I need to dive into Spotify then.
Speaker 2: And I I'm trying to remember like his dating history.
Speaker 1: There is a Kardashian involved. I don't know enough. Well, let me tell you this soon to be number three because breaking news new t Swift coming out on Friday. Yeah, I did see that really bad album cover, Like very didn't see the album cover. Saw there was a hashtag. Feel like the hashtag's a little contrived album comes out. What is the hashtag? It's like hashtag reputation something like that. Yeah, I think that's the name of the album.
Speaker 2: And what I like about this is the French Montana Taylor Swift discussion dovetails Perfickly with an audience tuning in for SEC talk exactly like that.
Speaker 1: We know the crossover content. Yeah, that's what we do here on the show. Well, thank you all for coming back here. It's great to have you. We've got the SEC, we've got the Pac twelve, and we've got Notre Dame still to discuss here our plan of attack this evening as Dan mentioned is to talk about all things SEC and then we're going to release a show on Sunday. We're going to record it tomorrow, but we're going to release a show on Sunday in which we will discuss all things PAC twelve and Notre Dame. Maybe we'll close out our round or previews talking about Notre Dame in Oregon to four and eight teams from twenty sixteen, and then, you know, unless we decide to get crazy and post another show in between now and the start of the season, there's a pretty good chance our next show could be a Week one.
Speaker 2: Preview show, Dan, how did we get here? That's spicy, Tie, That is spicy. I cannot for that sound drop that says Dan, Ty, help I need?
Speaker 1: Is that what it is? I need the week? Need picks of the week. Yeah, we'll help to the extent that we can. One note on the game picks, though, we have been flooded with emails, with tweets, people asking what's the deal with the pick'm pool? As I said to you earlier today, I'm gonna murder the next person who asks me a question about pick'm pools. And I mean that in as lovingly a way as possible, Murder them with kindness. That's right, murder them. Thank you, thank you for putting a nice spin on that. Here's the deal. Yahoo has a pick'm pool. It's against the spread, but they cap the league size at one hundred. They don't label that anywhere. Of course, otherwise it would have been a lot easier to navigate this particular situation we're in. So what I'm trying to do is find another home for the pick and pool. I've reached out, I've cast a net far and wide. If we can't find a home for it, I don't know what we're gonna do. I've even tried building my own, but I don't think I've got enough time.
Speaker 2: So, damn you, Oh sports, is that what Yahoo is going to change? I damn you.
Speaker 1: I'm trying, Okay, I'm really trying because it's a lot of fun. But if somebody doesn't come through for the pick and pull, I don't know what I'm gonna do. I have no options at this point. Then I am at the end of the rope. I'm sorry to hear that. Tight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna figure something out. I don't know what we're gonna do. Also, I think it'd be a great idea because if we're releasing SEC in the near future after recording this and Pack twelve this coming weekend, why don't you just you could probably fit your Notre Dame preview into an Instagram store.
Speaker 1: You could squeeze it into the fifteen. We will give that preview like Organs the time he deserves on this podcast.
Speaker 2: Can you take a shot and try to preview right now?
Speaker 1: Or no?
Speaker 2: God, what a dumb way to start into an SEC preview. I was gonna say, you could probably do it. I'm curious about the new court. Brandon Wimbush is promising. No, no, no, no, don't don't know.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait, I could definitely do it. I've got I know you could. I've got something in the oven. I've got something in the oven. It needs another day, Okay. Anyway, stay tuned about to pick and pool. Also, end of the week, the shirt sales close, so if you're interested, to solid verble dot com slash store and buy your shirts. Okay, okay, Final war stand. Follow us on Facebook, on Twitter, on Instagram, all of those fun places. Dan, Let's talk some SEC, all right. I am firing up, I'm yelling at the Mic, because we're talking SEC. What are your general takeaways for the SEC in twenty seventeen, mister Rubinstein.
Speaker 2: A lot of new coordinators, a lot of returning quarterbacks, and the top looks the same, the bottom could shift around a little bit, and the middle should be a mess in a good way because there's a lot of uncertainty surrounding. But even just the West, if you just look at the West, the new coordinators obviously highlighted by our dear friend Paul Rhoades taking over the defense at.
Speaker 1: Arkhams so proud. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So you have the situation, the coaching situation in general at Ole miss and Phil Longo's a new offensive coordinator comes from sam Houston State. Chip Lindsay takes over at Auburn from Arizona State. A short trip there, Matt Canada of course, to LSU, Todd Grantham to Mississippi State. Alabama loses both Lane Kiffin and then Steve's Sarkesian and they hire a Patriots assistant in Brian Dable. So I think the uncertainty surrounding scheme, surrounding quarterback play, surrounding personnel, and how that all fits with these new coaches. I think that's pretty interesting to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there are no teams in the SEC that I'd consider a stinker. You know, Ole Miss could be the worst team in the SEC. I don't think they woefull Yeah, a woeful team. Yeah, yeah, they could be the worst team because they've got nothing to play for. But even they have talent to go five hundred. Just commit that to memory because at some point somebody's going to have a hot take and you're gonna read about how, oh the ACC is better than the SEC, or is this the year the PAC twelve is finally dethroned in the SEC. I don't like those articles. We should have drafted that genre of article in our fantasy things maybe next year.
Speaker 2: Did you see that Jimbo Fisher was on like Sports Center or something recently and there was men as a compliment and the host was like, you know, Florida State, to your credit, you're like a very much SEC type team, and all Jimbo Fisher does is beat SEC team. So it was very weird backwards compliment. Yeah, it was fun.
Speaker 1: Anyway, the conference has very good depth. Every team in this conference could conceivably qualify for a bowl game. I don't think they all will Now, obviously all miss caan't by their own volition, But I think it's a very good conference, very deep conference, a lot of quality teams. Also of note, the SEC East. You don't realize it until you go through and look at every team. How ridiculously young it was a year ago, and it's going to be a recurring theme now as we talk about some of these teams like Vanderbilt, some of these teams like Missouri. Fair, where would you like to start? I mean, I guess we start with Alabama. All right, let's get that out of the way. It's gonna be very quick. It's gonna be quick. We're gonna have to split hairs to really find things that we don't like. There is a ton of turnover on defense for Alabama. Yet they are still odds on favorites to win the SEC West, quite probably to win the national championship at this point.
Speaker 2: Fair to say, it's probably a stretch just because that's a different base, but to win the SEC certainly. Yeah, and yes, if there were a certain team that is the odds.
Speaker 1: On favorite, is absolutely Alabama. It is hard to bet against the three Dragons of Damian Harris, both Garborough and Joshua Jacobs.
Speaker 2: Yes, and they still have the number one overall recruit coming in at that position on top of all of that, and Naj Harris. It was probably gonna play a little bit in the slot, I would assume, just to get on the field and get touches.
Speaker 1: So it's hard to bet against an offense that as Calvin Ridley back at wide receiver one hundred and fifteen targets last year. Hard to bet against a secondary that is as loaded as this one is with Minka Fitzpatrick and Tony Brown and Ronnie Harrison and you know, if you're squinty, you could say, well, they lose Cam Robinson along the line, but they have three starters back and a ton of talent coming in.
Speaker 2: Yes, and Oj Howard sort of along the line was a big deal and at least caused a lot of teams to pay attention to yet another playmaker along the line. So that's a somewhat big deal, even though he wasn't used a ton. Big thing to me offensively is what are they going to look like with Brian Dable? You know, how does that offense evolve after Lane Kiffen went to some more spread and mobile quarterback looks rightfully, so with Jalen Hurts' ability, what does Jalen Hurts look like with the summer of perhaps getting into a better rhythm and becoming more accurate as we saw he struggled with the better defenses down the stretch for Alabama. And then what type of role if any, does the true freshman who has certainly impressed thus far in spring and summer whatever to attag of Aloa for Alabama. The quarterback, the smaller lefty from Hawaii who's pretty interesting, what role does he play? Because defensively, you sort of know what you're getting. It's the same defensive coaching staff mostly certainly the same defensive coordinator, Jeremy Pruett. They have five stars everywhere up front, even though they're replacing a Ton and replacing Jonathan Allen is as we talked about with Cole Kublick, a not insignificant deal. He was that versatile and that dangerous. But yeah, Sean Dion Hamilton comes back from injury, and as the as you mentioned, the guys in the secondary going to be huge, and they're they're deep with talent, so it's a matter of weathering their schedule Florida State. Obviously in week one they go two A and M, and we don't fully know what to expect from that A.
Speaker 1: And M offense.
Speaker 2: They go to Mississippi State, which is I would argue one of the more intriguing, interesting unknown quantities offensively because of the potential of Nick Fitzgerald. And they go to Auburn, another one of those teams that sort of fits in with that, but with a higher talent level, so how they're able to weather But there's no reason to say, well, this is a loss, and this is a loss on their schedule. Most likely there just isn't that game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's interesting about it too? Defensively, you talk about Jonathan Allen, but also Dalvin Tomlinson, Reuben Foster, Ryan Anderson, Tim Williams. That's a lot of combined tackles for lost Dan. It's a lot of combined sacks that is moving on either to the next level or elsewhere. The fact that Alabama is still the odds on favorite to win the SEC and again probably the national championship at this point in late August, that's really telling you something about the team that Nick Saban's built, the talent that's coming in so on and so forth. The defense is a bit of an open question mark, But I think we're willing to grant Nick Saban a rite a passage there, if only because they've been so good defensively since he's gotten there. I will go back to the Brian Dable offense for a second. Paul Weinbaum called him a failed offensive coordinator, so he must be good. He went on ESPN, he talked about about him being a failure. He does have a lot of experience with Bill Belichick. He worked with Saban in the nineties as a grad assistant at Michigan State. Again, this is an area where we gloss over it. Typically will give Saban the benefit of the doubt, but I'm not sure we fully know what that offense is going to look like until we see it out there against Florida State. So that bit of an open question to me. Otherwise, I echo a lot of the same stuff. Tough schedule, if they can weather it, they'll be fine. And Alabama is one of my playoff teams at this point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think Mike Loxley has a coordinator title, So there's that too, and the other. Only other thing I'll say about Alabama when you look at their schedule, is there is there's not really a back to back that's terribly worrisome with the better teams on their schedule. But if you want to look at a letdown, just pure letdown spot which doesn't really happen with Nick Saban and Alabama. But if in a hypothetical world we were thinking that's a possibility, they go to Mississippi State, They go to Starkville the week after the LSU game, and so there's a there's a trick sandwich in there.
Speaker 1: Ty trick. Mick Fitzgerald turns out to be very good. All right, let's go to Auburn. Auburn or LSU, depending on where you look. Those are the teams that most of the prognosticators, if you will, seem to think represent the next tier in the SEC. Auburn when eight and five last year, they started one two, they finished one in three. They played pretty well in the middle. I like their stable of running backs with Cameron pat Way, Carrie and Johnson lal Martin another three headed monster. Right yeah. I like their line. They are replacing two starters, but they got a grad transfer from Florida State and another transfer from Jacksonville State who just happened to be a two time All American at the FCS level. Yep, so they're going to have a run game. What I don't like about Auburn is that both Montravius Adams Carl Lawson are both gone thirteen and a half sacks walking out the door, a ton of potential and the guy stepping up. I'm real excited about Derek Brown. I think they're going to be just fine. It's just an open question. And to lose two studs like that, right sure. Another question for me is Jared Stidham. Everyone's assuming that Jared Stidham is going to come in and be very good. He was very good in limited action at Baylor before he di to transfer. But what is he going to give us. He's still a bit young, he's still a bit unproven. There are options out wide, but again open question mark new quarterback. How will Gus Melzon decide to use Jared Stidham. It's a reasonable question.
Speaker 2: I think it's more of a Chip Lindsay thing, as it appears that Gus Melson will be delegating a little bit more, if that's the right word. Chip Lindsay has said that they're going to be working in Baylor type route trees and plays and RPO type stuff for Auburn to keep Jared' Stidham comfortable, which seems to make a lot of sense. He's surrounded by a ton of offensive skill talent. As you said, I'm not worried about that line, even though they are replacing a couple of pieces. I think they're going to be all right under our good pal And then defensively, I think you know that they have experienced rotation guys that came in. There's talent that's young that should develop, we assume, So the linebacking corp is pretty good. They've got some experienced playmakers there. And then the back of that defense there's a couple of big losses, but they've stocked the talent well in Auburn on the planes, and I think guys are going to come in and be pretty good against which should be a pretty good roster of quarterbacks on this schedule. And we don't know what to expect out of Clemson, certainly early on in the season, and that's a road spot. So we'll learn a lot about both of those teams just in terms of where they are early they have LSU and Arkansas both on the road back to back, and it looks like they have A and M on the road, and then George at home back to back, and then they host Alabama. So it's a landmine of a schedule. It is everywhere you look on this Auburn schedule. But the combination of good offensive coaches what we think will be at least a good quarterback right from what he shohould.
Speaker 1: He should be. He was pretty good in the limited action that we saw him over at Baylor.
Speaker 2: What we see in Jarrett Stidham, I think, and this is the collective we probably is what Nebraska fans think Tanner Lee will be. Nebraska fans, I'm sorry I shouldn't.
Speaker 1: Well, in fairness, Nebraska has a little bit more data to go on with Tanner Lee. That's true. That's true.
Speaker 2: You look at those manning passing numbers, that's right, those camp numbers. Anyway, nine and.
Speaker 1: Three feels like the right prediction to me. If you told me ten and two, I could believe it. If you told me eleven and one, if I was feeling really generous, well maybe I could believe that. Twelve and oh's too much. Wait with those with those two back to backs.
Speaker 2: I think their ceiling is ten and two because of what we saw when Shawn White went down last year and hopefully Sewn White his full strength in the backup role, that a wounded Auburn doesn't have a ton of options if the quarterback goes down, and you know what, healthy Sewn White with his offense might be really good too if Jared Sidham goes down. But I'm a little bit concerned. I think the ceiling is ten and two, nine and three. Ten and two is where I stand, and they're going to be a really good team when they're operating.
Speaker 1: I am probably the most excited to see Clemson against Auburn any of the early games. Florida State Alabama is interesting in its own right. As Kirk Kurkstreet said, I think right before we went on the air here over at ESPN, it's kind of like a national championship game in Week one. I don't disagree. It's a great game. I am more excited almost for Clemson and Auburn because both teams have a fair amount of open questions. Both teams should be pretty solid. I think that's going to be an outstanding game. I'm excited to see that game. I agree, the other team in the SEC West again in that second tier, if you want to call it that LSU. LSU is in a very interesting spot this year. Was there any doubt that Coacho wanted this job more than anybody else?
Speaker 2: No, I don't think there was any any morsel of this job that Coacho was not willing to scrounge ob.
Speaker 1: And you know what, and I talked about I talked about this after the live show with a few of the guys who were there. There's a lot of value sometimes in hiring the guy that wants a job the most. That's kind of what Notre Dame did with Brian Kelly. And you might love him, you might hate him, you might make fun of him. But the program is absolutely in a better place now than it was when he took over. If Orgeron could take LSU to the next level, hey, that's like national championship quality Dan, the talents there. The consistency on offense hasn't been there right, which leads me to my real question. Are you a Matt Canada believer in what he can bring to the table at LSU? Mostly yes. The track record is somewhat there.
Speaker 2: He did a really good job with pieces that he didn't necessarily develop and recruit into last year, which is a good sign that without much time to sort of recruit to a specific style, he was very multiple At pitt last year. We saw them run a lot of power with James Connor, but at the same time Nate Peterman was able to spread the ball around pretty nicely to playmakers who are always traditional, big hulking pro style guys, and LSU was built to be at least multiple with what they've cruited. My concern it's the obvious one in Danny Etling and a very definitive ceiling. I would say, and now that Brandon Harris is gone, the parachute is it's got a couple holes in it. He's not playing with as robust and net beneath him. I'm a little bit mixed on offensive skill, which is to say I love Darius Geice no whole bunch. Yeah, yeah, but the receiving core is pretty green. Couple big losses, exhausting eligibility, but all in all, if the offense is creative enough, they don't need to score thirty five to win. With the defense that LSU is going to be fielding. So I think it could be a good step forward year for the offense and getting creative and shifts and motions and misdirection and sort of keeping defenses on their heels. It's hard to screw up when you have decent offensive line talent and Darius Guice.
Speaker 1: It just is you. How do you feel about the geiss is right? It's fine? Poltergeiss is an? Is that a positive message? I don't know. I don't he's ghosting people. They can't okay, they can't tackle him, you know. Yeah, Swiss army guys, I don't know. Army stretch. That's better. Yeah, we'll get back to it. I think there's potential there. Thirteen hundred and eighty seven yards and fifteen touchdowns last year, and that is on a team that also featured Leonard Fournette. Yeah, so he was a pretty good year. He was prime candidate.
Speaker 2: I don't think we drafted this in our Fantasy Things draft, but we had as an option the backup might be even better than the start, and that you can see that. I mean, if we had drafted that, you might be getting points with to attag of Ailoa.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. Last year, Sam Darnold would have turned out to be correct, sure, But defensively, LSU is in a wonderful spot. There is I have written down in my notes is their defensive line talent from a pure talent, depth experience whatever, it's scary big time.
Speaker 1: Now there is some turnover a line, and in the secondary they're gonna need to lie on a few younger guys. But you're right, everyone's a blue chip recruit.
Speaker 2: On my notes, I have LSU scary, big time defensive line talent. And even though, like I'm sure you know, they did lose a couple of big, big dudes, but they've recruited so well up front and depending on who gets cleared and who is able to play this season, they should have dudes a plenty.
Speaker 1: It is a brutal road schedule, though it is. It's ooh ah at Mississippi State, at Florida at Ole Miss, which you know you never know with Old Miss, at Bama at Tennessee, and then there is a home game against Auburn right after Florida, which obviously not a road tilt, but right Florida Auburn, that's body blow potential right there.
Speaker 2: I'm looking and I think the schedule that I have in front of me is correct what their uh, I guess November looks like.
Speaker 1: Do you see this tie?
Speaker 2: Yeah, at Alabama, Arkansas at Tennessee and A and M and can secutive weeks. Spicy. That's a spicy meatball. And that is if you can picture it in your head, everybody listening at home or mowing the lawn or driving your car. Hey ten and two, by the way, picture at oorzer on shoeless, sockless, bare feet with like one hundred yards of flaming hot coals in front of them. Yeah, and that's what that's schedule.
Speaker 1: Oh oh oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, so that's what the schedule is just saying. And two, I think it's a nine and three year for LSU. Nine to three feels about right to me. Yeah, tough schedule, okay, but it's the ceiling is pretty high.
Speaker 1: We got we gotta move quick here. That's next half of the SEC West. Let's go to Arkansas. The last three seasons for Brett Bielma, he's twenty two and seventeen. I think the eye opener a year ago was that Arkansas was not that great at running the football, which is contrary to Bilama's entire brand. You know, they ripped off some big plays, but they just they were not consistent on the ground. And when Belama's bread and butter is not as efficient, not as domineering as you would expect it to be, I think that's I think that's a bit of an issue. And you know Brett Bielima loves his bread and butter. Oh my god, Yeah, of course I love the Alan Whaley duo in the backfield. Yeah, this year, the depth isn't great. Yeah, the line's young, it's it's experienced. Okay, I'll give you all that, but if they can't run, if that doesn't get any better, I got to ask the question where it's all going in Fayetteville? Is that a fair question? It is?
Speaker 2: I was I'm trying to remember, and they talked about on the full cast our friends Spencer, Ryan and Jason Brett Bilama's record in the SECS Conference record is not dramatically what it's below five hundred, and it's just what the patience is going to be like. Obviously last year they were particularly and you mentioned the short yardage on offense, but they were atrocious defensively tackling in the open field and Paul Rhoades takes over and has a history of running good defenses. The secondary wasn't bad against the pass last year, which is a good sign.
Speaker 1: On defense.
Speaker 2: They look like there's experience and if that it's a good thing, then they've got it. If if the experience of the guys coming back is good, it's there. They're gonna need to get better along the linebacking core, and there's it's The line is only okay. I think offensively you nailed it.
Speaker 1: But schedule, schedule isn't great. Great maybe like going like maybe like forty yards of hot coals. Yeah, for Arkansas, I'm looking at tc He's better suited for hot coals at Orgron or or brat Bielam. It has to be orson right, It's definitely got to be to Mark strikes me as the kind of guy who you could smash a bat over his head and you wouldn't feel it, but he cried for a paper cut. Yeah. So who do they have? Who's on the slate. Some of the highlights for me, TCU, Texas A, and M they go to Bama home against Auburn at LSU. Those are the big ones, and you've got some other tweeers in there. At South Carolina for a team like Arkansas, I could see that being tricky. If South Carolina improves, Jake Bentley keeps looking good. Yeah, At Old Miss, you just don't know what to expect from Old Miss this year. They've got a home game against Mississippi State, which again a great unknown. If the Hogs were to start two and four, I would not at all be surprised. It's a tough schedule. To me, this feels like a seven and five team. That's pretty nice of you. I don't know if they're getting past six and six.
Speaker 2: They feel like the ultimate Well, you got to take the bad with the good, and everything just feels like it's in such extremes. I'm fairly confident that Paul Roads is increasing or improving this defense. But beyond that, I like Austin and he certainly stood in because of a bad offensive line performance last year and took a bunch of hits and was still able to be relatively productive. His ceiling isn't super high. I love a good ceiling tie, as you noticed, But I like Austin. I think he's pretty good, and all things considered, if the offensive line improves. He has, he has some weapons to play with, and I just I'm worried about the line play. I'm worried about the line of scrimmage with the Brett Bieloman team. And that's weird, especially considering how good they were defensively a couple of years ago. I just think they're going to get in their own way too much, and that just it's like they almost feel like not just a six and six team, tie like the most six and six team in America.
Speaker 1: Very very average, the most wild card.
Speaker 2: One week they win a game against LSU, the next week they lose to South Carolina.
Speaker 1: We're in agreement. Then both both lines really offensively, they're young. They've got experience, but they're young and they need to get better because running was an issue last year. Yeah, and then defensively, five of six defense and defensive linemen are gone. Excuse me, a lot of potential among those who return, which is I think a source of optimism. But they're also installing a three to four. It's a little bit of a different look. Makes sense for them because they're a little bit deeper at linebacker. But yeah, I mean there's there's some moving pieces there that doesn't exactly. It's still confidence. So seven and five ceiling team.
Speaker 2: Maybe, Yeah, they need to take three leaps and or bounds to get to seven and five.
Speaker 1: Eight and four. Yeah, Texas A and m Dan. Here's what they lose. They lose Trevor Knight, six of seven top wide receivers, Avery Gennessee there their stud left tackle. They lose a good chunk of their depth in their front seven, including Miles Garrett and Dashawn Hall. Not great. Looks like they're going to start Nick Starkle, the red shirt freshman. Everything I've read says that he's got an edge over Jake Kubanac.
Speaker 2: He's like the bigger, sort of can take hits and has a big arm kind of guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, yeah, So whoever plays at quarterback. You've got Christian Kirk, You've got Travion Williams.
Speaker 2: Ty I'm gonna I'm gonna stop you right there, Yeah, because I have a DUOD alert, Dude.
Speaker 1: Travion Williams is so good. He's a truth. He is the complete truth.
Speaker 2: And he is lost a little bit in a conference with a pretty good set of running backs. I just Travon Williams was such a home run hitter last year, and they needed him to be He's so fun, he's so quick, he gets to the edge in an almost mean way. Ty, I really like Travion Williams, and that's not discounting Nick Chubb or Darius Geice or anybody else in this in this conference. He's so fun and he is such a dude.
Speaker 1: One fifty seven yards last year, six point eight per carry. Yes, he's behind a line that's young, They've got experience. I would expect Tim to have another good year regardless of who's playing quarterback. On the defensive side of the ball. They've got a senior heavy secondary and they're gonna need it because it needs to off set a ton of turnover in the front seven.
Speaker 2: And it wasn't fully the secondary's fault last year. They gave up so much on the ground and it was almost as if they just were always set with pass rushers and they could never really set a consistent edge. Miles Garrett was obviously great. I mean, their ends were really good, but for whatever reason, they just allowed so much on the ground. And that's if they can shore at least that up, then they become interesting. I'm still worried about Nick Starkle whoever ends up starting at quarterback just because the attrition is brutal, losing Kyle Allen and Kyler Murray. But this is the most wild card. Yeah, we've got eighty five, but the past three years, I agree because I like a lot of the pieces on defense coming in. They've recruited really well. I like the beef inside on the line. I really like their safeties. Armani Watts is a legitimate star all Conference if not All American type talent. But they need so much in the way of fundamentals on defense and just consistency from quarterback because Trevor Knight was not that good.
Speaker 1: He was not the answer. No, no, no, And look, the schedule sucks for everyone in the SEC West. Yeah, let's just assume that much. A and M opens up at the Rose Bowl against UCLA. Yeah, which will be an interesting bell weather for both of those schools. Good game right away, nice measuring stick. I think that's what we look for in week one and then between October and the end of the year. Listen to this one. Okay, Bama at Florida, Mississippi State, Auburn, New Mexico in there, just for just for fun and then at ole Miss at LSU. Yeah, that's a murderer's row.
Speaker 2: Well it's it's a wounders row, wounders yes, okay, it's a guntlet. Yeah, okay, Kevin Somelin any better at the Coles and then Ed Oorshron.
Speaker 1: I don't think I don't think so. I think it's pain intolerance. I think that's what we're talking about. Yeah, all right, I say seven and five, Well, they win a bowl game to go eight and five? Yeah, or straight years? Yeah, okay, I'm with you, seven and five, let's go to Ole Miss. Perhaps you haven't heard this. We've got breaking new. We haven't talked about it at all. But Hugh Freeze was fired, yeah, or resigned under a grave pressure, yes, resigned whatever, Yeah, he was fired. Not just that, but there are some self imposed sanctions which means they're not going to play in a bowl game no matter what happens this year, which you know sets up an interesting circumstance for eighteen to twenty two year old football players. Yeah, how emotionally, how mentally invested will they be in in this season? I thought a lot about how high I've been personally on Old Miss over the years, and I just I want to confirm with you that I am not responsible for any of this.
Speaker 2: Can neither confirm nor deny ty. We've yet to see all of the call logs. Let's see if you appear the.
Speaker 1: Front seven's got talent, yeah, but minimal depth. The secondary has depth, but only a few proven pieces. They're not land Sharks anymore time they're not. The offense has talent. The highlight I think is clearly Shape Patterson. The rest is pretty much to be determined. Yes, I think that's all correct.
Speaker 2: I think the skill position, especially receiver, is pretty promising. They return a number of quality pass catchers that could form a pretty good tandem with Shape Patterson. The offensive line isn't bad, but yeah, defensively is where they seem to take a step back, because it always seemed like they were rotating, and somebody knew that was high quality. The land Sharks were such a threat to everybody, I don't care who up front. They had first round talent at both along the defensive line and the linebacking corps, and it's just not there. They've taken some hits talent wise, The schedule actually tie. If there is a schedule that you're like, well, all right, I mean they do have it appears Alabama and Auburn on the road in consecutive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not great, not great.
Speaker 2: But other than that, I think their only other significant road game is they're at Mississippi State the egg Balls on the road. Right, that is correct? Yes, yeah, they have Kentucky who should be pretty good. But LSU is at home. Nothing, everything's really buffered by other teams. It's tex A and M's at home. Schedule for being in the SEC West is actually fine. Here's my predation. Here's my prediction for Old Miss. I'm not going to predict wins and losses. I think it's almost impossible.
Speaker 1: My prediction was. My prediction is that they're going to beat someone like Arkansas by twenty eight, but lose at the gun to Vandy or maybe a team that they've got more talent. Then it's gonna be that kind of year. Up and down.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Here's the case for Ole Miss. Is a new offensive coordinator in Phil Longo who is at Sam Houston State, and they put up video game numbers.
Speaker 1: They have a new.
Speaker 2: Defensive coordinator who was there before, and Wesley McGriff. He takes over and the coaching staff other than Hugh Freeze is pretty much intact new faces, So there's an unexpected factor with Ole miss with Phil Longo and Shaye Patterson and good receivers that. Yeah, I think you're right. They could win a thirty four to thirty one type game against somebody that is in a better position to win more games. So I'm going to go. I still think they're around a five and seventeam and they wouldn't be in a bowl game anyway, but there there will be fun moments just because Shaye Patterson does have that much talent.
Speaker 1: And our final team in the SEC West, the other Mississippi team, Mississippi State. Now, how dare you they've got Mississippi. I'm sorry, I mean no disrespect to the Bulldogs. They've got Nick Fitzgerald at quarterback. He is six', five two. Thirty he's a mac truck. Back, There Fred ross is, gone the rest of the wide receiving court is. Back shout out to the. Freeducation that's. Right the line has to replace three. STARTERS i feel very confident That Nick fitzgerald will take it upon himself to do some damage in THE sec and find ways to win games For Mississippi. State i'm not sure what their ceiling. Is it might only be a six and sixteen this year because it's a tough, Schedule BUT i am oddly excited to see what they can put out in the field this.
Speaker 2: Year, yeah they've and they're a little bit of a mystery just because they recruited a lot of junior college guys who are going to help out with positional needs on both offense and, defense but particularly, defense where they took a definitive step back and shout Out Dan mullen his ability to hire defensive. Coordinators It's Manny, Diaz Jeff, dollins And Peter sermon didn't work out and made his way To, louisville But Todd grantham makes his way to what feels like his seventh team in three years.
Speaker 1: Straight, up a straight up trade at the, Deadline Peter shermon To louisville Or ulville the point of, View, yeah in exchange For Todd, grantham they've recruited really well up.
Speaker 2: Front they have legitimate blue chip star power, upfront which is something you always like to see in the second. Person in the back, end it's sort of an unknown quality because of THE jc guys coming. In they were only okay last. Year need to improve back, there especially since quarterback play will be better this. Year schedules, Rough, yeah schedules, rough but they are for pure football reasons and Pere Nick fitzgerald reasons one of the, teams especially with How fitzgerald. LOOKED i think he averaged like nine yards per carry on non sack rushing, play something like. That Bill see had that. Number if he is completing sixty percent of his, passes if he improves to that, mark they become a pretty dangerous team because he is a prototypical mull and. Quarterback the offensive coordinators have done a good job. There they have more, excitement but they still feel like a twenty eighteen. Team BUT i, Agree, YEAH i think the trajectory is upward right.
Speaker 1: Now it's. Cool, yeah you, Know Nick fitzgerald is just a really good fit for What Dan moune wants to. Do, yeah what's the? Record you see six and, six five and, seven seven and five for? Me, Okay, yeah it's a brutal. Schedule they have el.
Speaker 2: Schedule IT'S lsu and then road games Against georgia And auburn all those are three straight. Weeks they Host, alabama which is all things considered the way you want, it and they Host ole miss as we mentioned the egg.
Speaker 1: Ball while we're catching our breath from talking about all Things mississippi college, FOOTBALL i want to talk to you about finding a shirt that. FITS i think That transition fits, ty nice and. Tidy thank, You. Crisp finding a dress shirt can be, hard finding one that fits can be. Harder, luckily ordering a custom fit shirt's never been easier thanks to our friends over at Proper. Cloth Proper cloth at propercloth dot, com you can easily create a custom shirt size in mirror. Seconds you got to answer a ten question. Quiz you don't even need a measuring. Tape it's. Foolproof they've got over five hundred fabric styles to choose, from including, premium, Premium italian And japanese, fabrics as well as business and. Casual all kinds of styles starts to just eighty five bucks and the guarantee of perfect, fit so if you get it doesn't, fit they'll remake it for. FREE gq loves, Them The googles love. Them they're the. Futures they're the future of, shirts Right, now if you are, interested and there's no reason you shouldn't, be go to propercloth dot com slash Solid solid enter the gift code solid to get twenty bucks off your first. Shirt damn proper quocks dot com slash. Solid they guarantee a perfect. FIT i, listen it fits me. PERFECTLY i can only attest to. That everybody's shaped.
Speaker 2: Differently one of those it was ten, questions, right, yeah first, question AND i really like this first? Question do you coach at The university Of? Arkansas are you the head? Coach it's a legit. QUESTION i, said, no suirre it fits me. Perfectly boom you do you do the?
Speaker 1: Math? Tye our second presenting sponsor this? Seven who could it? Be remember our good friends over At. Harry's. Dan it's been a while since we talked About. Harry's but you know you saw me yesterday because we did video for The Espanation College football previous. Show, yes we. Did did you see how smooth my face was looking? Yesterday? Ty there Was the lights were reflecting very don't you, imperfections no, nicks no, Scratches, no you take care of. Yourself, yeah you got to take care of. Yourself that's why you Use Harry's get It nice And Smooth. Dan they are so Confident harry's that you're gonna their blades that they will give you a free trial. Set all you gotta do is pay for. Shipping the trial set includes a weighted ergonomic razor. Handle it feels, great five precision engineered blades with a lubricating strip and trimmer, blade rich, lathering shaved jel and a travel. Blade cover the thirteen dollar. Value they will give it to you absolutely. Free. Again you just got to cover the. Shipping stop messing around, here get started shave With harry's. Today claim your free Trial yep, again thirteen dollars value for. Free just pay for the. Shipping all you gotta do is go To harry's dot com slash solid h a r r ys dot com Slash Solid.
Speaker 2: DAN i use it on my neck SINCE i sort of keep oh, like trim the beard and keep the scruff. Look it works so. Nicely it's my neck is. Smooth jody with AN i loves. It kate keeps emailing me and telling me how great my neck.
Speaker 1: LOOKS i thought that was. WEIRD i thought that was. Strange. Ty i'm with. You but here we, are AND i cannot Recommend harry's. Enough i'll use.
Speaker 2: It will you Use harry's between betwixt your? Eyebrows do you have to do? That is there a thread of you in a?
Speaker 1: Browing not much of a threat on occasion you got to clean it, up, Though you'll use Your harry's. RIGHT i don't use The harries for? That oh what do you? USE i have a. Tweezing, No i'm not, tweezing my, God come, on, Ty, no the stakes are too high for the, Tweeze, Dan so what are you? Doing what's your? STRAT i CAN'T i can't Fly harry's up. There it's like that's like shaving with a jumbo Jet. Man you got to use one of those little LIKE teenc electronic. ONES i.
Speaker 2: Use WHAT i did was The harries simulator software to really get steady with.
Speaker 1: It, yeah, yeah, OKAY i let off all THINGS Sec. West why don't you talk to me about THE Sec? East? Dan we're all? Right does your heart take you when you THINK Sec East georgia coming to Jew, okay let's talk About.
Speaker 2: Georgia, yeah let's talk about a team that returns a ton on?
Speaker 1: Defense how about that.
Speaker 2: TIE i really they were a mess offensively and starting a true freshman quarterback as blue chippy as he was In Jacob, eeson there were gonna be some. HICCUPS i didn't anticipate this. MUCH i still Think georgia is the favorite to win The, east BUT i still have questions about the direction of the. Offense So georgia's schedule is pretty. Good they have App state to, open which is. Tricky they go to it's a Non power five team the next. Week i'm fairly, certain right, ty how dare?
Speaker 1: You but?
Speaker 2: No with how much they return on defense And Nick chubb is, Back Jacob, eason we assume will, improve but they're working in rotation guys and contributors out. Wide the offensive line has, pieces but still not fully confident in their ability with how Much Jacob eason was kind of on the run last. YEAR i like the talent. Level i'm Just i'm unsure about the coaching level at this. Point but YET i still feel like because of what they are up against and schedule, WISE i know they go To, Tennessee florida is obviously a neutral site. Game they, go they cross over Against auburn And Georgia. Tech NOT sec, wise that's still on the.
Speaker 1: Road it's.
Speaker 2: Fine the, defense to, me is probably the single best thing about THE sec.
Speaker 1: East AM i? Wrong, no you're not. Wrong i'm not, wrong and you're not wrong to have a few questions about the, offense because my question is about the. Line last, year the line was not all that. Great right, now they still lost To vandy last, year it's still lost To. Vandy this year they are replacing both tackles and their, center and the line already was a liability a year. Ago so you, know they might have, talent and lord, knows they've been doing a really good job in the recruiting, trail but a problem up front against some of these fronts in THE sec is not. Optimal should they be?
Speaker 2: Worried AND i don't have what app state returns in front of, Me but if there is a week in which you really don't have a good sense for where you are as a team and how to call plays and how to work in, rotations it's always week. One the biggest improvement tends to come between week one and. Two they have app state week one granted at, home what chance do you GIVE i don't have a point spread in front of. Me but given how great App state was on defense last year and how tricky their offense can be at, times they're going to be outclassed By. Georgia is there a twenty percent chance App state could win that?
Speaker 1: Game twenty? Five thirty percent? Chance, OKAY i mean it's out. There App state's a good. TEAM i think you all talk about it more next. Week you're always a little higher on App state THAN i. Am but, yeah that's. TRUE i love me some. Sadderfield it's out. There what happens If georgia goes seven and five this? Year how do you Think georgia fans would feel About Kirby?
Speaker 2: Smart that seat is warming because they've done really well on the recruiting. Trail but seven and five is seven and, five seven and, five seven and, five they win an eighth. Game that makes a little bit better in the bull. Season if they go seven and five this year and they win any fewer than nine games in twenty, EIGHTEEN i think it becomes a.
Speaker 1: Problem fair or? Not all, Right where are we going? Next let's go To, Florida.
Speaker 2: Florida, YEAH i have news that both you AND i have been suspended for the game. ACCOUNT i didn't want to tell you this on the, air but you, know sometimes you just have to make that.
Speaker 1: Suck so let me let me jump in. HERE i don't want to steal your. Thunder. Hm the Zai Era Dan, Oh, yeah the Zi era is now In. Gainesville, yeah maybe the Backup. Zaierra but, yes quick history for new. LISTENERS i have been in On Malik zayira since when he was a wee pup back In, Kettering. Ohio mm. Hmm him coming over as a grad transfer is a big deal For. Florida you should know that if you listen to this, show because the human body can only take so. Much Treon harris And austin Apple be And luke Del rio and lord knows whoever the hell else they've been trying to play quarterback In. Gainesville the, question as you, alluded is whether or not it's going to be The zayia at starting quarterback Or zayera at backup. Quarterback because it could Be Felipe. FRANKS i wouldn't be surprised if he ended up WIN. A, Yeah zaire has not been the same player since his injury back in twenty. Fifteen he just, hasn't and it's not because of lingering effects from the. Injury maybe it was just the situation At Notre dame. BROKEM i don't. Know right it was a weird time for us, all but in limited action last year he was not the same. Player maybe The texas game where everyone was high and mighty On League zaire was a bit of. MIRAGE i don't. Know we will find out if he, plays we will, see but right now it remains an open item whether or Not zaia error is going to launch the zai era as starting qure back In week. One For, FLORIDA i THINK i still Like doug Na, smeyer the offensive coordinator who's had sort of an up and down career as he's gone different, places who's very good At, washington not great At michigan.
Speaker 2: WHATEVER i like pieces For. FLORIDA i THINK. C. C jefferson is a complete and absolute. DUDE i am ready to put my foot. Down i've already used my dude alert. Up but he is somebody that didn't start last year but played a ton and when he was in, there he was pretty. Dominant they don't return a lot on, defense Though they've got a couple interesting guys in the, back but they lost two great corners, obviously and a really good linebacker and a ton along the defensive. Line but they've recruited well enough. Offensively it's just what do they look, like what is their, identity who's throwing? Passes and you, know maybe there's a comparison Between MALIK'S iiir And Evort golson with the sort of grad transfer transfer, transfer But Everitt golson was fine at times For Notre dame and had a ton of reps for the eye were transferring To Florida. State whereas the phrase you use limited action is quite appropriate because it's not like my. LEAKS i ear was up and down as he was finding his. Way, now he didn't play that. Much he, Didn't he really, didn't and so to assume that he's going to get the starting role is kind of a, leap AND i don't know if he. Will Felipe franks is recruited by this. Staff he came in raw but has a huge. ARM i don't know if he's going to, start but he certainly gives them an option That Austin appleby And luke Del rio do not. Physically So i'm curious to see what they look like schedule. Wise obviously they Have michigan and they're gonna be. SHORTHANDED i Know Antonio callaway was suspended, again their best. Receiver and rest of the schedule, wise it's.
Speaker 1: Fine, YEAH i mean AS sec schedules. Go, yeah it's good because they miss Both alabama And, auburn they GET lsu at. Home they they only have three true road. Games, yeah so it's a decent road. Schedule the problem really is a non. Conference they supplement what looks like a MANAGEABLE sec, schedule again relatively, speaking they supplement it With michigan And Florida state in the non, conference which is not used by any. Stretch florida not leaving to play true road. Games, huh you, never you live to see see it?
Speaker 2: All, yeah, man here is the, name, though, Ty jim. McElwain i would. Pause it has been barefoot a, lot and if we're climbing across hot, calls he. Doesn't his stretch is not nearly as long as. LSU's but if there is somebody better. Suited you saw how his face. Responds he was shorred in his he was introductory press. Conference, yeah, YEAH i think he could with stand some heat to the, feet could have a genetic.
Speaker 1: Disposition mm, Hmmmmmmm i'm. Intrigued, yeah, yeah So i'm just paying attention to WHAT i don't. Know all, right let's go To. Tennessee all, right let's do That. Tennessee as everyone, knows they are the defending champion's wife m. Dominant Butch. Jones nine and.
Speaker 2: Four nine of four is not, bad, Right, no especially since the problem, Was, yeah it's not. Bad they started out last season went five and, zero and then they it's that up and down and up where you just lose faith and you forget that they did put up starting In november when the schedule opened up a little. More they really beat up offensively on mediocre, teams which is what good teams, do And Josh doobbs put up a ton of. Yards they had big time, Receivers they had the two big running. Backs Alvin kamara broke, Out SO i mean they Lose mike To, board who's now At, indiana and they bring in The miami, coach, right the guy who took over When Al golden was let, Go Larry scott takes over the. Offense, so just so we're, clear not The pack twelve, commissioner, Correct Not Larry Scott pack twelve. Commissioner, OKAY i don't believe they've a quarterback. Yet it's between an, Upperclassman Quentin, dormandy who is super promising And Jack, warrantano who's more of a dual threat but also looks like he could be pretty electric if placed in the correct. POSITIONS i. Am i'm concerned about the losses on defense at every. Level that's the. Problem they were really built to make that nine to ten win run last year and now there's just so many. Questions and, OFFENSIVELY i like what they've. Recruited they return a good, amount BUT i don't. KNOW i don't know about This tennessee. Team too many questions for.
Speaker 1: Me, yeah the strength of the defense is probably at, linebacker but there are questions up front now That Derek barnett and some other guys are. Gone and then there's some turnover in the, secondary and it's probably not as big of an issue since they do have options back. There BUT i Like Todd kelly a. Lot, yeah, yeah keep your eyes on. Cornerback that could really be a concern in the secondary for The valls And Bob shoop's okay With. TENNESSEE i think, offense, YEAH i, MEAN i think they're. FINE i just don't think they're as fine As tennessee fans want them to. Be AND i think that's going to be a, problem especially For Butch, jones because he may not be fully secure in his. Position AND i think he knows it. RIGHT i think that's the real. Concern what happens if he really starts feeling the. Pressure what kind of bugaboos will he find himself In? BUGABOO i don't. KNOW i don't know what to expect From tennessee this. YEAR i am worried about the defense as well because of the. TURNOVER i think they Beat georgia tacking week, one BUT i think they lose To.
Speaker 2: Florida that's also in the big, stadium, right that's not At, georgia that's In Mercedes. Benz, yeah THEY i think they Beat georgia attacking week, one BUT i think they've lose To.
Speaker 1: FLORIDA i think they lose To. GEORGIA i think they lose At alabama AGAINST. Lsu wouldn't surprise me to see a letdown or a look ahead in. There maybe Against South Caner, Missouri i'm going to go seven and. FIVE i don't know if it's enough For Butch jones to keep his. Job but seven and five is where it's at for. Me why are you automatically Assuming florida is a. WIN i know it's At, florida it's In, gainesville but these ARE i, mean they are two teams with quarterback, questions with a lot of big defensive. Losses tennessee's offense should look a little bit. Different, true different, quarterback different Quarter it's a fair. QUESTION i feel better About florida's defense as a, whole, okay and their ability to rebound because they have matched. Up they have been rock solid, defensively even despite some of the losses that they're.
Speaker 2: Experiencing, yeah seven and, five eight and four feels pretty appropriate considering the questions and the.
Speaker 1: Schedule and it's.
Speaker 2: Just going to take some, TIME i think for whoever comes in at quarterback to get used to the pace of.
Speaker 1: Play, okay let's go To. Missouri let's do. It missouri also part of the four and eight club last.
Speaker 2: Year, Dan, yeah that's, true and completely reversed themselves from going From wow dominant defense that.
Speaker 1: Dominating on.
Speaker 2: Defense but the offense just isn't doing them any favors To, oh the.
Speaker 1: Offense is pretty. Good defense got real. Bad defense was a disaster a year. Ago. Yeah Bill connolly described it as plugging one leak and then having another pop. Up mm. Hmm the line Has Terry beckner junior, Back, yes that's, good And Marcel fraser he had seven and a half sacks blind, know still something of a mystery and corner is even more of a mystery. Talent but none of it is really all that. Proven oh your voice is going up, again raising the. Register so again a story of youth getting getting. Older on, offense pretty much the entire offenses. Back SO i think we'll see them take a step. Forward but, DEFENSIVELY i just don't know where to. GO i really don't know where to.
Speaker 2: Go there might be a good thing ty the fact that they so new defensively from where they were last. Year where can some new players get people who used to the sort of second year of the, System you know they. Do Miss Craig kolangowski with such a good defensive line coach for. THEM i think they're gonna. IMPROVE i think they're gonna make a bowl. GAME i Like Drew locke a good amount tie that me.
Speaker 1: Too i'm with.
Speaker 2: YOU i like his receivers a ton the guy, More Jamon, moore really really good, schedule totally, fine totally, totally if, not if not better than totally. Fine Missouri state to open the season Up idaho At, yukon.
Speaker 1: Watch out For Brett. Lashley it's. Fine, yeah it's totally.
Speaker 2: Good they're road games in THE sec At, kentucky At, georgia At vandy At.
Speaker 1: Arkansas. Fine, Okay, okay, yeah, yeah that's. Bowlworthy all, right let's go To South Carolina Dan, okay six and. Seven last year In will Mush champ's first year ahead him, SCHEDULE i would almost, yeah you, know everyone was skeptical of bringing will Mush, champion especially after it seemed Like South carolina when they were looking for a. Coach they got the news out there nice and early in case any big fish wanted to come To columbia and they Get will Mush. Champion admittedly a bit of a. Letdown to his, credit, THOUGH I i feel like he's acknowledged some of the shortcomings in his stay At. Florida, yeah you, know he doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who's too proud for his own good he's. Intense mm, hmm, YEAH i Guess I'm I'm i'm trying to be optimistic. Here i'm more. Optimistic i'm with. YOU i think they're ahead of. Schedule he went from three to six wins in his first. Year so there's something something to hang your hat.
Speaker 2: On, dan here's a retroactive pick that's not an actual pick for Our Fantasy things.
Speaker 1: Draft And Jake bentley should have been in high school last. Year Jake bentley should have.
Speaker 2: Been that was the parent in every single let's talk About South carolina in the off. Season Jake bentley was pretty good to finish out the. Season and here's the, thing.
Speaker 1: He should have been in high schools skinned the senior. Year so that was that was always sort of. Fun but, yes this wasn't a good team last. YEAR i thought they they, became they got.
Speaker 2: Better they lost three or four to lose the, season but they had a stretch in. There they're like Late, october Early. November they Beat, tennessee they Beat, missou they beat THE i Think america's independent, team The UMass. Minute, right, yes, obviously and they showed enough and yes they got killed Against.
Speaker 1: Clemson that was going to Happen clemson WON Nash.
Speaker 2: Championship BUT i think they showed enough that If South carolina can put out consistently just an above average, offense and they're certainly still so thin because recruiting was left so bare by the Time Will muschamp got, there that if they keep bringing in talent, defensively they are going to be a team that can win eight nine games a, year which is.
Speaker 1: GREAT i DON'T i don't think it. Happens not this.
Speaker 2: Year, no, no, no not this. Year But i'm saying the trajectory is such, yeah, okay that they can win eight nine a. Year, yeah they will.
Speaker 1: IMPROVE i don't know how much, offensively but the lineup front's almost entirely, back which is a decent starting. Point Jake BENTLEY i think was a marginal improvement when he came in at. Quarterback he's only going to get. Better he's still very. Young, defensively they should have a decent enough. Secondary the front could be an. Issue last year's run defense a bit of a tire, fire, Yep BUT i feel like there is good momentum, there SO i, realistically what's the ceiling is seven wins the? Ceiling probably it's a tough schedule for a team that's still. Building who is the best at the, Moment who is the best quarterback in THE Sec? East Jacob? Eeson you would have got A Jacob. Eeson he was not? Good who was?
Speaker 2: Better he had that ten the end of The tennessee game was one, thing but everything else right, now.
Speaker 1: It's got to Be. Jajabieson it could Be. Bentley, no it's one hundred Percent Jacob. Eeson it's Not, Okay so it's Not Stephen, johnson it's Not Kyle.
Speaker 2: Scharmer we know. That kentucky And, vandy now that's. Fine whatever we you, Know Felipe, franks whoever starts or whoever starts At, florida whoever starts At tennessee could be the best quarterback, Whatever we don't. Know i'm not nearly as high On Jacob eason as you. Are And i'm not Saying i'm high on. Him i'm, saying what are my choices? Here of this six?
Speaker 1: Choices if we Get Malik zaire from twenty, fifteen he's the. ANSWER i haven't talked to anybody yet who's now walking through that. Door, no, no no one's told me yet that we're going to see that version Of. Zayer so the default answer has to Be.
Speaker 2: Eason oh, SEE i think right, now given what we saw last, year and given what we know about everybody's, potential AND i don't know What easton's potential is now after last. Year that's just Where i'm, at and Hopefully i'm. Wrong Whatever Drew locke And Jake bentley could be that name By Vanda. Beer, no It's East. High i'm planting this. Flag i'm gonna die on that hill if you. Want but, YEAH i know the answer Is Jacob.
Speaker 1: Eeson, well we've got two teams left here in THE Sec. East we've Got vandy and we've Got. Kentucky which one do you feel better? About let's let's go to The sea Of.
Speaker 2: Blue let's Go, kentucky, okay WHICH i believe is our. Pow Ryan nanny mentioned this on the live. Show it's his pick to win The. East that's the.
Speaker 1: Most chaotic seven and. Six last, Year return A, Ton return A. Ton some news came out Of kentucky That Dorian, baker their wide, receiver recently suffered an ankle fracture and, dislocation which is not good require. Surgery he's going to be out for a. WHILE i do have a dud to log talk about my Boy Benny. Snell. Dan, Okay Benny, snell solid running, back thirteen, touchdowns almost eleven hundred yards last year as a. Freshman m. Hm he's the focal point of the. Offense. Dan So i've been workshopping if you here we go. SLOGANS i didn't find a whole lot here in the range of, options BUT i, LIKE i like Mack schnell a little bit of A german spin on. It In, German macksnell means to go, faster make it.
Speaker 2: Quick, okay if you have, to if you need that, colon if you need that, parentheses if you need that, dash that. Hyphen i'm not with, It Mack, Schnell, okay give me number. Two, no That's i'm saying.
Speaker 1: That, no that's. It that's. It THAT'S i thought About Snell. Hell but that's just that's. Cheesy you. KNOW i want a real, joke a real, slogan a real pun that we can go. With what about what About benny and The? Jets, no because The jets. March now we're cultured on this. Show we gotta Go. German snell The roses now they can't really go to the rose bony. Kid all. Right their run defense was disaster last. Year secondary is, okay they bring, Okay they've got really good. Corners they've got really good. Corners most of the front sevens. Back hopefully they're going to improve because there is some turnover in the second year that they're gonna have to contend. With BUT i Like. KENTUCKY i feel like they're a Fringe bowl. Team that's the WAY i. Feel six, wins six and. Six screw that eight and? FOUR? Whoa how about? That how about? THAT?
Speaker 2: Whoa talk about Liking Benny. Snell there are seniors everywhere on this. Team, ty how about? That eight and? Four they don't have much early on in the. Season they Host Florida september twenty, third they go To Missippi state To. STARKVILLE i mean the cross the cross division games are they Have Ole miss And Mississippi.
Speaker 1: State it's pretty, good, steabley that's pretty.
Speaker 2: Good as for cross divisional, games they Have louisville at home they beat last. Year they go To georgia and Two vandy and consecutive. Weeks tho's gonna be two relatively tough defensive. Matchups BUT i like The. WOW i think it's rain and men In.
Speaker 1: Kentucky how about. That that's a very weird thing to. Say BUT i don't, know.
Speaker 2: Because just there there's a lot of, seniors there's a lot of. Upperclassmen So, Okay i'm rolling eight and. Four i'm gonna go six and, six, whatever ty. Whatever and then.
Speaker 1: That brings us to our final, Team. Vanderbilt yes the. Doors, dan would you believe me IF i told you that we're in year four Of Derek mason AT. Vandae, wow time, flies time does. Fly year four Of Derek mason At. Vandy it was rocky in the beginning last. Year we started getting twinges of, Like, wow this guy can, coach or at a, Minimum, wow these guys really like this. Guy they're they're they're playing for, him they're fighting for. Him And i'll give him. This if you heard him AT sec media, days he is damn. Confident, yeah he's feeling pretty good about the direction of this. Program, look he's got some experience on the line coming. Back their best lineman's, gone but some experience coming. Back Kyle schrmer back at, Quarterback Ralph webb somehow back at running, back.
Speaker 2: Could set the all TIME sec rushing. Record he And Nick chubb are both pretty.
Speaker 1: Close feels like he's in That John stocko category of guys who never. Graduate, Yes Caleb scott is an exciting name out. WIDE i think the front and back of their defense should be. Fine linebacking needs to be pretty much, retooled but as a whole should be a pretty good. Defense they were a top forty unit last, year a top twenty team inside the red. Zone Derek mason's done a good job coaching up that. Defense so you, KNOW i don't know what the ceiling is. HERE i don't know if there's A bowl team, AGAIN i could see him five and, seven six and, six somewhere in that. Range BUT i think as a, whole good things are happening At. Vanderbilt and Like Derek mason has plenty of wigger. Room it's not like they're going to get rid of this. GUY i think they got a steal with bringing him over From.
Speaker 2: Stanford do you know who basically had an ideal stat line last year within THE Sec east To Kyle, shermer it's your, Beloved you're gonna tell, Me Jacob, eson it's your beloved If vandy and, listen Losing Zach cunningham is crazy, huge that's nothing you want to deal with as a.
Speaker 1: Defense he was such a an incredible.
Speaker 2: Playmaker but if that defense once, again and we're talking about men, tie we are talking about raining men on This vandy. Defense upperclassmen everywhere, offensively if they are, OKAY i, mean they hung with pretty much everybody last, year right other THAN i know they sort of let. Loose they got killed By Georgia, tech but they hung against good. Teams they hung With. AUBURN i think that was like a twenty two to sixteen type. Game if their defense is just it's all, right or excuse, me the offense is just all. Right Kyle shermer is a little bit better than he was last year with what we Know Derek mason could put on the. Field, DEFENSIVELY i don't. Know this is it's a bowl team at the very least, time all, RIGHT i hope, SO i.
Speaker 1: Hope so they also LIKE Nc state in their bowl game last, year which is, fine. WHATEVER i like.
Speaker 2: THIS i like that the lower class which is a bad term for BUT i like that the final tier of THE sec has gotten so much.
Speaker 1: BETTER i like. That, YEAH i. AGREE i think it's a very it's always a solid, conference, Right but the knock on THE sec in years, PAST i don't know about the middle, class but, yeah the knock on the on THE sec though in years past has always been that the, bottom the bottom is really. Low it's it's a top heavy, conference and that was fair. CRITICISM i feel like the bottom has really has really come up. Here it's a lot higher floor in twenty seventeen than in some years, past which is.
Speaker 2: Why they weirdlyc they weirdly have sort of flip with THE pac twelve in that. Way, yeah totally where THE pac, TWELVE i, mean the quarterback situation THE pac twelve is very good this, year but beyond, that it's a very top heavy. Conference in years, past it was like, wow every, week you, know you have all these like six and, six eight and four teams whatever in THE pac Twelve south and Stand, Ford norgan and nor. Like it seemed like that was the calling card of THE pac. Twelve and now this year quarterback, dependent it looks like THE sec is in a better place FOR tv entertainment tie and that is a good thing as far as we are. Concerned speaking of, entertainment let's put a BOW tv on our twenty SEVENTEEN sec.
Speaker 1: Preview let's throw it over to the. Boys it's, serious.
Speaker 2: Ladies and, Gentlemen welcome Back SERIOUS xm The Solid verbal eight, eight, eight, nine, nine nineteen. Ten give us a call on The Devas dental. Hotline we're TALKING. Sec can anyone Touch Nick saban And? Alabama is there anything above a? Dynasty give us a. Call we want to talk to. You will the guy they call Coach? Oh turn THAT lsuo into? Offense huge, question no doubt about. It is this a make or break year For? Auburn and how's that new quarterback gonna? Be only time will, tell that's for. Sure and what About? Georgia can they get an offense going there In? Athens gotta wonder about. That let's go to the, Phones paul In, nashville what's going? On, yeah first, time block Time AND i just want to, say big Fan And alabama doesn't have a, dynasty they have a super. Dynasty i'll hang up and listen to your. Response great call, There. Paul now that's what we're looking for in a color great take at the top of the hour And, hey you know, what what About? Florida are we writing off The gators And jim mcelwaine a little too?
Speaker 1: Soon that just might be the.
Speaker 2: Case speaking of knox Can Butch jones get it going there In. Knoxville he's taken some, hits but don't give up on the balls just. Yet how about this? Question what do we make Of Britt bilama down there In? Arkansas is this the year The hogs put it together with those big uglies down?
Speaker 1: There big?
Speaker 2: Question no down about? It is there a case for old miss gotta hand it to You? Freeze his loss is a big. Blow can they sneak up on? Someone gonna be a rock hard season for those, Rebels i'll say that right. Now and, hey what About, Kentucky, vandy Southkak, Lackey Mississippi?
Speaker 1: State doesn't get better than.
Speaker 2: Sec WALL i think not saying once? Again eight, eight, eight, nine nine, Nine tanna get us a call on The Dave Davis dental. Hotline and because you requested, it and because he sounds like a delightful. Vacation French, montana French.
Speaker 1: MONTANA i notice a theme? There so you really never heard of French. Montana i've never heard. Of i've heard Of Actual montana And i've heard Of, french but never the two needed. Together, okay oh my, god what was that? Word? Tie? Concatny holy? Hell? Tie and you went to a state school just LIKE i.
Speaker 2: Did French. Montana he Is Moroccan. American. Okay he moved to The United states when he was thirteen years. Old he is the founder Of Coke Boys records on Predecessor Cocaine City. Records oh, great twenty, twelve we signed a joint venture recording deal With Bad boys and The Maybach Music. Group his breakthrough hit Tie chop A Chop It. Down, OKAY i think we've learned.
Speaker 1: Enough not. Familiar, yeah he's.
Speaker 2: Thirty two years old and he is associated with the following Acts Tie, Puff, Daddy Rick, Ross max B, Fabulous JUICY J Fat, Joe Harry, Frod Little, Dirk chinks and D J.
Speaker 1: Collin French. Montana Huh French.
Speaker 2: Montana and there Is kardashian it looks like, okay so he Dated Chloe. Kardashian this is all from His wikipedia. Page, okay you really dive in, there thank. You so there's a music video. Thing there's a character NAMED Dj MUSTARD.
Speaker 1: Dj i'm. Learning i'm learning so. Much how bad are you as A?
Speaker 2: Dj if you go WITH Dj? MUSTARD i? Am, oh just me, Personally i'm with. IT i like that because here's the.
Speaker 1: Thing AS. Dj, yeah, now, well here's the.
Speaker 2: Thing you want to go, smooth you want to go, sweet you want to go, spicy you want to go dark with your.
Speaker 1: Music you've got. It you've got options With, MUSTARD Dj mustards of OUR Dj ketchup's probably a bridge too far for, you BUT i. Digress oh never, Ever by the, way did you see the pictures of our Pal adam a main? DJing oh, yeah. Incredible, YEAH i have questions about. That when you see, HYOX i need to. Talk we need to talk about. That, yeah fair.
Speaker 2: Enough all, right what do people need to? Know the shirts are only this. Week then we're sending them out in early to Mid. September that's.
Speaker 1: Correct, Yeah so get your orders in soliverble dot com slash, store or you can go to soliverble dot com and see a link in the top menu bar up. There if you did order a, shirt we're going to send out a confirmation email because some folks have accidentally entered the incorrect shipping information Into.
Speaker 2: PayPal PayPal still WHENEVER i try to order something Through PayPal is, like oh here at thirty nine to fifty good past your road In, Eugene. Organ, yes that's still. Good what are you Doing? PayPal i do every TIME i update. It come, on if you sent us.
Speaker 1: An email in a cold panic because a wrong address was in, there we will take care of. That we will also send out a confirmation. Email so if you ordered a, shirt got a couple more days to do. That if you already, ordered you'll be getting a confirmation email to make sure that we've got the proper shipping. Information and the only other thing THAT i have to add is stay tuned for more info on the pick'm. POOL i am working as, quickly as hard as intensely AS i can to try and find a new home for that. Pool but, honestly, yahoop they put screws to. Us well do my. BEST i don't. Know i've got. TY i have one More French montana. Effect oh.
Speaker 2: Agree so this is from the references section of His wikipedia, page AND i will note that it is reference number. Five and this is AN Us weekly headline About French montana that was Referenced French montana says he's not Dating Chloe kardashian for. Fame kama recalls getting shot in. Head there's a lot of there's a lot of, story there's a lot of action right.
Speaker 1: THERE i hope he's. OKAY i hope his health is all. Right on that whitehearted, note, woof we will be back to talk about our Remaining power five teams And Notre dame On. Sunday thy will be recording, tomorrow so hopefully nothing big happens between now and the end of the. Week we will talk to you in a few short days and, meantimes stay so he don't forget to check out our friends over at propercloth dot com Slash. Solid do it today enter the gift Code solid saved twenty bucks on your first custom fitted. Shirt it's never been easier thanks To Proper. Cloth