Speaker 1: What's up and welcome back to another episode of No Sealer's podcast with your hosts now fuck that with your low classes Malone. So if you don't think at a place jobs that, like, so you feel like there's black culture and then there's because Okay, my thought is there's no black community, so there can't be black coaching. Black community is a very lazy way of justifying Black America. Right, But Black America has always been like there are things that are somewhat like amongst some or even a decent amount, but there's always been unique because it's based off land, right, how else do we? So I think it's always been a lazy thing to reference it as black culture. Now, I'm not I'm not gonna argue against soul food being black coach, though, Oh there's a nice population of black people that never got into soul food, right because every black person in this country wasn't slaves, blah blah. Moving past that. But that's why I've never really got into that idea because it's it's it's different, you know what I mean. It's like, it's a very broad idea for a huge spectrum of people. Like there's no white coaches, right, there's no you know what I mean, It's just not just different now. There are things like people like me and you share in common because we both came up in places that probably were disenfranchised, you know what I mean. I don't know what Detroit was like by the time you came up. I would imagine that the warehouses were pretty much, you know, on their way out if they wasn't gone all the way. And the appeal of crime, right, which is the streets. When people say street nigga, they saying a criminal somebody who does street crimes. Right, It's like there is a connection that that we can both understand. But it was like when I was telling Pete, Me and Pete got into this really big debate about the sound of the West Coast, and I'm like, I think it's a way that people want to frame or box something so they could recognize it versus understanding what's really happening, you know what I'm saying. And it's the same thing even when we're talking about black culture. It's framed in a way, for lack of better words, white America to understand what's happening. But it's also the problem is as white America understands it. Then they start telling Black America what's happening, and that becomes the problem because as a black man in America or even Pete, Pete should be able to call Glass and black glasses what's up on this, specifically about this that I heard, and he can get like cleared up, you know, he can get the gray. He doesn't need the news version of what's happening to some people that he can call on the phone. If that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I get what you're saying. But I think Pete, oddly and respectfully probably has a more practical way to look at it because he's been able to to kind of go in and out of both worlds. I don't think that white culture is as dominant as Black culture, but there's definitely white culture.
Speaker 1: What's white culture? White supremacy, it's not white culture that is it is.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's culture, it's not.
Speaker 2: It's absolutely a culture. Like a white person seeing something happening extremely and not all white people, but a great majority of white people will watch something like this, this whole Trump ship. They are mad that Trump is is fucking over people. They're mad that Trump is fucking over people. They know, but.
Speaker 1: That's normal, and I don't.
Speaker 4: That's not what the heart of the Trump support apparatus is centered around.
Speaker 3: Okay, and like me, it's it's more are so a group of people.
Speaker 4: But the way I perceive the political spectrum in the most practical terms is on one side of the spectrum is more government interventionist is a good thing.
Speaker 3: The other is that it is a bad thing.
Speaker 4: So that's why people look at this dose stuff or like rilet like just like totally enthralled with the dough because it's like basically pulling receipts on the amount of money that's going into non productive economically speaking, government ventures. And people are like the power apparatus has become so entrenched and disenfranchised from the public's ability to manage and mold it that it needs to be completely restructured. It's not necessarily like so, and so people have been that that group of people has been very sick and tired of a like a much steeper curve of recent like last forty fifty years, like the expansion of the portion of the government and its roles and its regulatory authority beyond where you can vote people in or out, even if you wanted.
Speaker 1: There's more.
Speaker 3: That's mostly what it's about.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: I think to simplify, it's poor white people thinking that the black people and Hispanic people are the reason they're poor white people.
Speaker 1: But that but that's not a standard that all white people feel and it's not the culture of white people to feel that way.
Speaker 2: Is that they when they started this country, the elites told poor white people. They didn't come out and say it, but they showed it to them. You're too stupid to vote. From the beginning, they brought in another culture to make them subservient to white people, so that those poor white people would feel like they were better than somebody change.
Speaker 1: The first group was poor white people. Yes, we first group of people they brought in was other poor white people.
Speaker 2: Necessary like the gangs of New York.
Speaker 1: The gangs in New York talk about that all the time, Like look, look, I don't want to try to debunk white supremacy. I just don't want to make that a part of white culture because that's not it's not a cultural thing.
Speaker 4: Like what's interesting is on the baseline, I agree with jobs the idea that there is a black culture, but I don't know, necessarily that in this sense, it's almost like the way we would construct our definition of culture is different, but the way we would identify it and its pervasiveness is aligned, if that makes any kind of sense. Like if you go to almost any black city or any black district of a city in the country, you're still gonna largely see, like add its root. I always say, like I mean to me.
Speaker 3: It's really in its cultural root.
Speaker 4: It really comes out of the church, and you're still going to see, whether it's an ame or a Baptist church or this or that, a very similar type of worship, and that drives a lot of what happens in the house, and then therefore out from there. It's not like you have people who white Poles are Catholic, or white British people are Protestant or German or whatever. Like, that's so much more fragmented, just simply like matter of religious practice, which is a very over the course of generations and generation generation generations, that's much more constant. So that does have a very big impact on the way that a lot of other cultural aspects happen within communities and people.
Speaker 1: No Selling gl in the House episode fifty one of the season fourth season. I got my brother Peter Boss in the house again. We're supposed to do four conversations with my man Jobs, but Jobs is a working man, so we don't really get him, but we're blessed to have him now intellectually petty radio, make sure y'all subscribe to that. So some love to somebody that will really be thinking much more than.
Speaker 5: He.
Speaker 1: Both both right, both. He definitely will be petty about thought, but he will think and and he's not above There's very few things I've noticed with Jobs that he's above thinking deeper into. So and that's important because a lot of people will stop you at the door, like, no, we're not even gonna open that door. So there's very few things that Jobs will not open the door on, even if you built it. Let's say, if that's true, right, because I think at that point we're talking about how black people in this country worship, and it's like minded. That's still a very much it's a lot more poor in that than you could imagine. Like the church that Magic Johnson goes to on Crenshaw, you know, the one I'm talking about, the big one. It's not quite like the churches that we're talking about it's a little different.
Speaker 3: Not really.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's as different as is it seems from the outside of the building.
Speaker 1: I mean going to the church, like when I went to the church a couple of times, it's a little different. Just a little.
Speaker 3: Talk about West Angeles, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's a little different than going to the church in Guardena that all the brothers go to. That's big. I went to that church once or twice two. I forget the names of the church. It's a popular church, though, but.
Speaker 4: The style and tone of worship. If you were to like go to the ten o'clock in the morning at one, the noon at the other.
Speaker 3: And then go to like late afternoon a Catholic church, you'll be like those first two are very similar.
Speaker 1: But I think religion is one aspect of culture, right, And I give what you're saying the style of practice, but then once you come out, it's still a like even everybody that goes to that church, Like, I agree with you right that I'm a huge advocate of the legal system. Church or the streets create morality for most humans a standard as far as a cultural thing, but particularly those type of places they don't always establish I think morality like they were talking about in that particular conversation. Shout out to the homies of eighthd Onmi Trap, y'all know Trap Trap is dope. And they were talking about how it's hip hop a bad influence. And I've always said one million, just like gang banging, hip hop or gang banging is what you make it. Like if you're again, if you're a legal beagle, I totally understand gang banging is going to be the scum of the earth to you. But again, if you're a black man and you're a legal bagle, you're probably a joke in the first place, right because the history of this country has shown that laws have not been on our side and they're not gonna be today.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: So I always say, as a black man, your goal is not to obey the law. Your goal is to stay out of jail. And white people understand it's better than everybody. The wealthiest white people are trying to stay out of jail. They're not trying to avoid breaking the law. They will break the law. That's the standard. To get ahead, right, it's going you have to bend some moves. But again, it's like we try to justify in general, excuse me, not just for but generalize something that's real, nuanced, And so the conversation never picks up ground, like it could never pick up ground, right, It's hard to pick up ground when you start blaming the representation of the art. The art represents what's happening, right, it's not actually causing things to happen, Like it's like saying, I guess the equivalent would be to if, like if the world was sick and everybody was sneezing, instead of trying to cure the illness, everybody just keep saying, cover your mouth. And I think that that's kind of been the tone of what people feel about these two street urban cultures, specifically in hip hop and game man cover your mouth, and it's like, well, no, I'm sick, and this is a way to relieve, right, the pressure, the signs pressure of whatever this virus has backing up. So instead of us looking at those opportunities as a moment to help humanity, we tend to want to make people deal with it they self and go suffer alone. So here we are into these conversations where we like, is uh, you know, it's like people make they feel like you have to be in a gang versus you're just in it. You're just in like you're just from a community. Then it determines are you gonna break the law? That's a lot closer to rooted in poverty. That's that's like necessity creates that need, you know what I'm saying. And again it sounds crazy because there's a ton of other opportunities. It's a million things that we can actually blame it on or or make as of why people break the law. But again, it's not unique specifically peak to black culture. That's my point. Even if jobs, let's say we use jobs, concept of black culture breaking the law is not unique to black culture. It's pretty much consistent throughout all poor four sectors of this country. If you go to a rural go ahead, what.
Speaker 4: The hell are we talking about? We went from talking about is there black culture that isn't there? To now is there hip hop culture?
Speaker 3: Is rap?
Speaker 4: An influencer is influence, there is the product of influence, to now poverty and crime?
Speaker 1: What this started off? It's not like a linear conversation, Peter. It started off simple, Like my thought is what we say as black culture is a little bit more nuanced. I don't really believe in that concept. But I'm not mad if people identify things that a decent sector of Black America does as black culture, even though all black people don't do that.
Speaker 4: I think the truth with all of this, like the underlying principle with this conversation West host hip hop sound conversation against rap conversation.
Speaker 3: Game bang conversation or whatever, it is just where not where.
Speaker 4: You can draw the line a different point between defining the the what is it the exception by the rule, the role of the exception. You're getting caught up in nuanced in particulars versus.
Speaker 1: Because nuance is everything Pete. If again, this goes into you trying to understand something versus me having an understanding of it. And I don't mean that particularly you, but let's say mainstream Americans.
Speaker 3: A completely different context.
Speaker 1: But it's only one. There's the facts, and then there is how people can assume the facts or what they think of the truth, right, and then how they feel about it, how they can consume it. I actually know the true ingredients, right. It's like back to the same West Coast sound conversation what people like I talked to Hutch about it this morning and it's like that's their thing. They like funk. So when people say, hey, funk is a sound of West Coast, it's not true. It's just a fact, right, it doesn't belong to the West Coast. It's not solely identifiable to the West Coast.
Speaker 4: It's none of the West Coast hip hop, and to a much greater degree than it is of other regions of hip hop in that context.
Speaker 1: But you're saying, because it's used more, don't make it exclusive again.
Speaker 3: Exclusive, it's the hallmarks the point.
Speaker 5: But it's not if you want to be when you talk about funk.
Speaker 3: That's my point. Defining the exception by the rule.
Speaker 1: It's not defining the exception by the rules. You saying what you know versus what I actually know?
Speaker 3: What you know?
Speaker 1: I can tell you half of the music is not this, and you would say the exception. It's more than half.
Speaker 2: There are certain beats, certain sounds that if most people hear it, they would associate that with the West Coast. You would associate it is it's my.
Speaker 5: Micone Because y'all keep cutting me off, I was thinking, maybe y'all can hear me. But but what I was saying was this, right, what I was going to say, is this when you talk about stuff like funk. Yeah, it's identified by the West Coast, but actually the East Coast utilize E p MD.
Speaker 1: That what you say, you gotta trust all. You gotta listen to it a little bit more so you don't say exactly what Pete is going to say. Just listen a little bit, I know, just just listen a little long. Give give about a good thirty seconds, big bro shout out the big brother stay jumped there. Look, if I play you the G Thing instrumental jobs, you can't say it's West Coast. It's just lazy and it's ridiculous they make it West Coast. Therefore, the sound of the music cannot be If I play you the G Thing, it sounds like the Leon Haywoods on nothing about It sounds West Coast. Again, hip hop, I'm gonna say this for the one million times. Hip hop is street urban culture built on black music, right on black music. That's what the hip hop records are. So again, when you say Leon Haywood or Doctor Dre's G Thing instrumental sounds West Coast, that's not a fact.
Speaker 2: Like let me RT sounds completely West Coast.
Speaker 1: No, it doesn't like there.
Speaker 2: Is just certain there's certain tempos, there's certain sounds that you would associate with with the East Coast, and.
Speaker 4: You're and you're viewing time as a as frozen and not as evolutionary. There is a consolidation of sound that has happened over the course of time in that area.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 1: You can't re classify something because you learn about it within the spectrum, like in the time period Pete. Just because you you can't say, hey, this is doctor Dre made this melody because you just learned about the melody when doctor Dre made it.
Speaker 4: That's not what I'm suggesting. I'm saying if you step back and look at West Coast hip hop hits over years, you can see a stylistic consult. They don't all sound identical, but you see a pulling together over time of that sound.
Speaker 2: And there's a reason that doctor Dre is considered a genius. Like for every region or every area that may have a sound associated with it, you're gonna have producers or artists who are so much better than their contemporaries in their particular region that they expand the sound. They'll have principles of their reagion sound like they could listen to the Hot Boys. You know, you can hear New Orleans in there, but they wouldn't. They're necessarily uh like if you go to like really deep bounce music in Orleist.
Speaker 1: You know what, man, this is like the most pete you know, it's funny. That's very frustrating conversations I've ever had. In my mind, this is one of the most frustrating conversations because it's really simple, really simple. There's no sounds that are West Coast. It's none that that's when you learned. You digested them, and you figured out that they were something you heard from somebody putting street urban culture on top of black music. Then you started to define that the first time you recognize it as something that sounds West Coast, but it's not the sound.
Speaker 4: But it created a feedback loop that reverberated within itself, that validated that. Like just from a simple philosophy of truth standpoint, the fact that we're having a conversation about whether or not hip hop has suffered in the West Coast by people trying to superficially manufacture a West Coast sound validates the idea that there's a West Coast.
Speaker 3: Sound, just from a basic truth standpoint.
Speaker 2: Again, Nigga going in the studio right now telling the producer out on the West Coast beat.
Speaker 1: But that's ignorant. Does not getting you right to stand on some level of fact ignorance just because you're ignorant, and this is the best. It's like gang banging. It's like when I first start talking to you. There's a million things you're ignorant when it comes to gang banging about because you're ignorant and white people taught you about brothers in la or maybe some loose ideas, and I can give you a fact you don't have to live in truth. Truth is the depth of how much you know something and you feel like you can prove it. Fact is actually the art to fact. It's actually the hardcore reality of the conversation, right, the hard core reality conversation is maybe the first time a lot of a generation have heard a Moove League in the beat, right, it's g thing a move league. We did not the West Coast did not create that. We didn't create the melody, didn't create the sound. We ain't even use the sound first. We ain't even necessarily popularize the sound until you come to another generation of people that don't make it a fact you learned from me. I could be the first person that showed you how to ride a bike. I did not invent riding the bike.
Speaker 5: So when you hear boom boom, sure that that don't remind you of West Coast stuff.
Speaker 1: No, that's not West Coast No, which is what I was saying to Hut from Above, the law who coined the term g funk this morning. I was like, it's funny to everybody today that gets in hip hop, They're like they're trying to emulate a specific producer, and then they're saying it's a West Coast sound. The funny part is out of Doctor Dre's illustrious history of making hip hop. That is probably the smallest part of his career when people would like to define his music in funk. It's probably the smallest. He had the n w A era before that, right, the roofless era with with with lines on them for roughly ten years when he wasn't even touching funk to no reil degree. Then you had the era after death Row right where he's not touching funk to any real degree, yet you classify him by when you discovered doctor fucking Drew.
Speaker 5: Arguing doctor Dre is a break guy. He's utilized more breakbeats than probably funk. And over the span of his career, they used to put albums and maybe you know you remember, they used to put out albums on with the different break beats on They half album's actual album with a bunch of break beats on them. And I swear Dre has used all of those.
Speaker 1: I get with.
Speaker 2: Peter on the West Coast brou that that have consciously or unconsciously unified around a certain set of sounds.
Speaker 1: It's how you identify black people from LA And you're making it a fact because this is how you see it.
Speaker 2: But you're ignorant, bro, I'm telling you don't know.
Speaker 5: If you can call ignorant. I just think he thinks, probably like the majority of the people.
Speaker 1: In the country thing, most people in the country are ignorant. They have no knowledge outside of these general things. But if most people, most white people in America and black people are gonna snatch their purse, most white people think black people beg and still so you want to give you the most of what people think. You think that way, I know Peter, don't think that way.
Speaker 5: He's not.
Speaker 1: He's not.
Speaker 4: She's citing most, but it's statistically, it seems like most black people. If you're in an inner city environment and see somebody who might look like he might be kind of a thug like guy, they do the same thing. There's not a huge disassociation, least from any measurable data I've ever seen, or there's a separation.
Speaker 2: White people may do the same thing in unnecessary situations. We're on the elevator, I'm not about to rob you, sure, but.
Speaker 1: They think you are, so I guess that means you're a robber, right like they do it just unnecessary, Like we created punk mid night.
Speaker 2: And I'm walking down Crenshaw. Yeah, I'm looking at niggas like this could be a problem.
Speaker 1: You know, why would it be a problem you walking down Crenshaw Middle Street I can recognize out in LA I'm just saying, why would that be a problem?
Speaker 2: Because if I'm walking down Euclid in Cleveland at midnight in East Cleveland, I'm fully aware of how East Cleveland gets down. So my spidey sense, so to speak, is a little heightened.
Speaker 5: Yes, I don't think it would be wise to walk down the nighttime though I'm from there, I don't think it'd.
Speaker 3: Be Why not?
Speaker 1: What's going to happen? If you're walking down euclid you you have a shame is sorry? There's eyes are you may get shot? You might get robbed. Why would you get shot?
Speaker 5: Because it has happening numerous times over there before? So what's the making me lat my ass out there?
Speaker 3: This is?
Speaker 1: This is why.
Speaker 2: Walk down?
Speaker 6: Just like me?
Speaker 5: If I walk down and period past the niggas, since in this one o'clock in the morning, I got on all blue, that probably wouldn't be wise.
Speaker 1: You see how you went to it? Why would you say that difference?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: And what are you wearing blue? Are you wearing a pair of blue?
Speaker 5: Let's say your tire got broke? You're looking for a Let's say your tire got a flat and you're looking for a tire place you're walking down there from.
Speaker 6: Town a white T shirt. Let's say I got on what I got on? A blue Puma sweatshirt, right and I walked down there? Hey, guys, can you tell me the thing else I'm going to motive likely be jumped jumped, get jumped on eyes or there's a chance they may say, yeah, Bro, So it's depending on who I run into.
Speaker 5: Glasses. You got to remember something, man, you are not the majority. You are the minority with your thought process. You got to remember this. And I and I agree with what you're saying. I think music is music.
Speaker 1: Do you care that what I'm saying is a fact versus the people that are ignorant to what we're talking about?
Speaker 5: You know what, Bro, you can't. You can't expect you know what I figured out, man, my long tenure on this planet. Man, it is a long tenure. Common sense is not common bro. And I do think I do see why people from out of town would think that there's a West coast sound because.
Speaker 3: Boom shot, boom shot, boom shot.
Speaker 5: Has dominated the kind of landscape.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: You know what makes it hard, Bro, that you can't teach you niggas. I can't. I know what you're saying. I can't expect jobs to let me teach him about gang. But he's from Detroit. I why would I not me being a gang member with all the experience, all the information, all the knowledge, all the first hand understanding. It's I studied it. It's not even just like I'm a member got.
Speaker 5: Gang bangers, he got jobs, he got gang bangers, and Detroit's gang bangers in Cleveland. That's not something that's unique to LA.
Speaker 1: We're talking about a specific group of gangs. We're not talking about just active guys in the community committing crimes. They're talking about specifically the.
Speaker 5: Job.
Speaker 1: So my question to jobs or to anybody, why would I not be the person that you would listen to on the matter. We're not at that point. It's like in hip hop, right, this is the problem. And it's funny because I never had the arrogance to think I knew about hip hop before, Like I lived the songs and I've heard the music my whole life, but until I studied it. Like imagine going into your teacher, Like right, you're going into your math classes of fifth grade thinking you know more than a teacher because you've added up money, Like that's what people are doing. Like I'm telling people, hey, here's the truth. The truth is there were ten years of West Coast hip hop and people didn't embrace funk, and there was another few years. Even the main producer you're thinking about does not have more funk kids than he doesn't have more funk kids. Even Ice Cube doesn't have more funk kids than he doesn't have fun kids. Even most of these people that's to sound that define everything. It's more nuanced. And then when I'm trying to give the nuance based off education and experience, I find myself arguing or debating people that don't have anywhere near the education. They have a very vague understanding based off of what they saw in their limited time.
Speaker 5: You know, you know what to be honest with you if you want to talk about like this just to validate your point. Gee, Redman has more funk in these history of using more funk than Snoop Dogg does by far.
Speaker 1: We're not gonna do that. We're not gonna do that, even though I would agree even though Jersey is really the home of funk or one of the homes, because George Clinton is from Jersey. But sure, whatever the West Coast. If I can't tell John, if I can't teach my brother because he's not open and he has ignorant perceptions like a white person that he getting the elevator, a white lady thinks you're.
Speaker 2: Right there, bro, I have been. My whole existence has been hip hop from day one.
Speaker 1: No, no, me. Your whole existence.
Speaker 2: Has been him my whole life.
Speaker 1: What year were you born?
Speaker 2: I was born in nineteen seventy two.
Speaker 1: Your whole existence has not been hip hop hip.
Speaker 2: Hop as far as me hearing sounds at eight nineteen an associated note that that music.
Speaker 1: My existence has been hip hop.
Speaker 2: Your existence has been after mind.
Speaker 1: You know I only grew up. I only grew up where hip hop was the.
Speaker 5: Hold on, Gee, why would your existence be more hip hop than ours?
Speaker 1: Because you guys grew up with Lisa Lisa.
Speaker 3: But that goes to the show.
Speaker 5: We started hip hop, Joe geeve our generation started, so we probably saw we'all generation that started.
Speaker 1: Y'all are too young and started. That's the problem.
Speaker 5: We've seen more. We've seen more of the development of hip hop than you did. It was already done. I didn't see. I'm not saying you guys didn't see the development. I'm telling you my whole existence been hip hop. I've never lived without it.
Speaker 7: But that.
Speaker 4: I understand that what you're saying, that's the you can't see the forest for the trees underpinning of.
Speaker 1: The But imagine me trying to debate again, Like Job said, he's living no jobs, has had an existence without hip hop. I'm not saying he can't be more knowledgeable. That's not what I'm saying. We're not talking about the just conversation to hip hop. That's a different conversation specifically this style of hip hop, right, And what I'm telling him is I am experienced and study and learned and experience at this version of street urban cultures. As people. You would have to concede that.
Speaker 2: But your experience is not exclusive to just you. You you, especially in the hip hop conversations, assume that you are the teacher in every debate.
Speaker 1: Not at all. I listened to Lord Jamore all the time. I listen to Herk all the time. I listened to a ton of people who have dedicated their life to knowing this. It's hard to listen to just a fan of it because you're a fan. Like it's like a fan if you're a fan of doctors versus watching a doctor and learning from doctors. Like you may be a fan of surgery, man, I've been seeing surgery my whole life. You know, how may people I know? God surgery?
Speaker 5: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Surgeries I had. You're not a doctor, So what I'm saying to you is I'm not that I couldn't debate you on hip hop because I never we never had that conversation. That's not when I'm saying specifically, when somebody says the West Coast sound, there is no sound. There's a sound that people tend to coin as West Coast. But that's the problem. That's why hip hop is suffering because of that. But when Hutch went in there, you like.
Speaker 2: One of four niggas on the planet that think that brou the rest of us agree that there's a West Coast sound.
Speaker 1: Well you know who doesn't agree. Well you know who doesn't agree, doctor Dre Hutch, Warren g DJ, Quick Battlecat. So I would trust us.
Speaker 5: Gee, you know what the thing is. But like you said, you said, funk originated and in New Jersey, George, that's what It's.
Speaker 1: Really originated from the South. James Brown, Yeah.
Speaker 5: It really comes from the South. You know, if you think about it, Nicka, just I will say that Georgie Clinton them took it to another level.
Speaker 1: You feel what I'm saying, which is Clinton, which is New Jersey and Ohiotown was able to do with it. In Michigan, Clinton Michigan and then in Michigan, right, and.
Speaker 5: It just got it got kind of I would say, what funk, It got passed around and east with every time it got passed around, it developed more and with you know what those guys did to they just made it a monster. You feel what I'm.
Speaker 1: Saying now again, g funk is a sound that the West Coast is credited with, or a genre, a styling.
Speaker 5: That not by Warring c but by Hutching.
Speaker 1: Now, but that's not even important because he would be from southern California. What I'm saying to you is that's not the sound, that is the culture. Like even talking to hutch this is what they can do the same thing with jazz or blues because they.
Speaker 3: Argument, well, I.
Speaker 5: Would say the Jobs has that thought, Jobs has that thought that Peter has it because that's what they've primarily heard from coming from the West Coast. Is it more funk based.
Speaker 1: Depth of what you heard to the depth of what's been made and successful is different?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I agree, And I'm not saying we don't use funk, but I'm saying we use jazz. Right, we use multiple things. Now, if you keep saying, what do you guys use the most. That's not the problem is you're trying to put it in a box. So and this is why the term gangster rap was bad because it became in a box for people who didn't quite understand what was going on, to digest what was going on, which is why I keep explaining the jobs. It's like you're getting in a woman, an elevated woman, and she thinks you're gonna steal her purse. It's the same ignorant thought. So now I'm giving you debt to yang Bang, and I'm giving you depth to you know, West Coast or southern California hip hop. I'm giving you depth to it so you can have a fact to hold so you don't have to go with this ignorance of all I know is like that white lady who's seen TV articles or news stories of black people still in their purse.
Speaker 5: It's kind of like how politicians think if they inject rapping to their discussions, that it's going to attract black people to him.
Speaker 1: Because I wonder why they wonder why they think that, Like if.
Speaker 5: They meet you class, they if they meet you, they may start rapping. Yes, that they meet you, job, they gonna start rapping to us. Bro, that's what we understand.
Speaker 1: Somebody talking to Pete and bringing in some ship that don't got no seasoning and thinking he gonna enjoy it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Or I think Pete is not nuanced enough to understand black culture, you know, and then that's just go.
Speaker 1: To black culture. Just bring him some barbecue without no seasoning.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And that he was a certain amount of ignorance, you know, to assume that someone just, oh, man, I'm gonna play rap music to make them comfortable. You might not maybe like if you play that around my mom, Even though my mom appreciates all forms of music, she could look at you like you're crazy.
Speaker 1: So that's been my point of what I want to do with this Black History moth is to get more education from jobs, and to educate jobs about these conversations. Like that's the important part, because we brothers, and it shouldn't be no white person teaching him about us out here. It should be one of us who is aware of the nuances that's not as traumatized. I had a conversation with one of my g homies on the stream, and I realized his experience is very traumatizing. It doesn't change what's happening. But it shows that some people could misuse it. It's like when I was saying jobs on that stream where I was like, they said they couldn't believe there was no people mad in my comments. Oh there's you're saying gang banging is not a culture of vice. I'm like, it's not. It's not a culture of violence, right, And I'm like, the same violence happens in every state in America where people are right and they don't have to have crypts and bloods.
Speaker 5: And well, one thing me and the Linzo kind of discovered when we were talking last night, we were talking about this kind of like the same thing we're talking about right now, and we both kind of asked, as gangster rap done more harm than good?
Speaker 1: Right, Well, gangster rap couldn't do harm.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but hold on, listen, listen, this is what I'm saying. Listen to what I'm saying. Hear me out right. There was a time to where streets kind of influenced the music. You know, it was an opposite right now, Then we went to a period to where music actually influenced the streets. It's a certain energy, bro, there's a certain energy if you go to a party. It was a time that if you went to a certain party and they were playing certain music, it would be cool. But certain songs that come on, everybody would get turned up. But somebody was gonna start fighting. Somebody will get shot at my wrong right jobs.
Speaker 2: Lo John comes to mind immediately.
Speaker 5: It's not and it's just not just against the rep but Little John, come on, somebody was getting getting their head.
Speaker 1: Well, the same thing happened at a white party. If you play a Little John, if you play Knock, if you buck at the Republican convention where the fight start, probably so what the fuck are you talking about?
Speaker 2: If I played at the HPCU. Generally speaking, niggas is not gonna start fighting. But if you.
Speaker 1: Issueing the issues that is that are happening amongst poor people. As if the music is the stimulus, it is not. It is music does not work on all humans.
Speaker 2: That is so disingenuous. Though it may not take you to a particular level of change. But if you if you're drying, think down the freeway and a particular song comes up, comes on, you'll find yourself speeding.
Speaker 5: Yeah you will, you up and go, hey, that's my ship, and turn them up. The next thing, you know, you.
Speaker 1: Looking for a shoot like doctor Kocktu and the demolition men, like it should be nothing but Taco Bell jingles on the radio all day and nobody should wear any different colors. Because if your belief is that human behavior is controlled by this versus a circumstance, the question.
Speaker 4: Of gasoline by itself is just a buck of the gasoline so that you produce it to a flame and it becomes a different conversation.
Speaker 1: So gasoline is not the problem.
Speaker 4: There have been gasoline a problem, and there's a difference between not being the problem and not being an accelerant.
Speaker 1: Listen, that's gasoline and fire or heat.
Speaker 3: But it's different than water.
Speaker 5: Bro everybody I've talked to I just had. I just had a conversation with Black Sea from the RBL Possey shot on the Black Sea, and he told me when the movie Colors came out, San Francisco got turned up, especially when they heard the ice Ta song. They heard the song, it's like put a battery in their back. That's the exact words.
Speaker 1: There, because before that they was hold hand singing cool by y'all.
Speaker 5: But you know, ice t was an accelerant for them in the movie Colors.
Speaker 1: Sure, you niggas always want to blame somebody for y'alls. It was an accelerant, that's what he said, understanding what's wrong and what people be talking about.
Speaker 2: You didn't join a gang in a vacuum. There were people before you that made it look appealing.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you just didn't wake up. I'm pretty sure and say, you know what, I'm going to join Seventh Street because I want to have camaraderie.
Speaker 1: Hold up, Well, first off, I was recruited like a fucking person in the military. It's a different thing. Part two. You ever seen somebody drunk? Were you really recruited or or were you told I'm curious I was recruited.
Speaker 2: So you you really feel like you had an option at that point.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm telling you the truth. Man, you didn't have a choice. I would mighty gonna make me do something.
Speaker 2: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 3: I think there's a miscommunication here.
Speaker 4: Because saying I was recruited, and then he said, so you thought you had an option or don't? So you were recruited and had an option, and the influence had some play within the weighing of the option.
Speaker 1: No, I made a choice, but that was best fit for me.
Speaker 4: And the recruitment had no influence on on your calculation of the choice.
Speaker 3: That's why I just said.
Speaker 1: I agree. But but but he's saying as if I had a choice, I did have a choice.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying is is that technically, yes, you had a choice. But my ignorant as function is that most people, when being recruited by gangs in a heavily entrensed gang area, if they say no, they are fully aware that there may be repercussions for that negative response.
Speaker 1: It's not a negative response.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they may feel like, oh, you're too good to be on the hood.
Speaker 1: We be from the gang. Stop lying for jobs.
Speaker 2: Not not even lie.
Speaker 1: He's a perfect example. You didn't have a choice, gen you had a choice.
Speaker 5: That's different. I was from out of town. It was different. I wouldn't raise it in that community. Is a way different. I had a choice. I said no, I'm not participating. Here's one of those things.
Speaker 1: Again. See this is what I'm saying. They're asking me. I'm informing them that we're debating it, okay, instead of them taking my word this law because.
Speaker 2: Your particular situation, but most of us, I said, that's a fair point for your individual situation. I'm telling you.
Speaker 1: Has a choice.
Speaker 5: San Francisco didn't have a choice. When they saw that movie Colors and they heard the song Colors, how they respond to it? Yes, they responded to it, man in a negative way.
Speaker 2: It turned them up.
Speaker 5: It was the energy of it put a battery in their back.
Speaker 3: No choice. They're just.
Speaker 6: God.
Speaker 5: You from the Midwest, just like me. When gangst the Rapid merged, did you see a did you see an uptick in the violence and the way is violence? You started? You had gangs like Dynamite, There was a brick city outlaws turning the cripping blood games. They started claiming it.
Speaker 1: You had the whole number of things ready. Yeah, what were they doing with the game before that? They was feeding homeless.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they worried. They have barbecues in the community, having toy drives and all kinds of other stuff.
Speaker 1: Day blood like we got to kill each other.
Speaker 5: And then start, well, we're gonna do drive. We're gonna do it just like this. I remember one of the homies in Cleveland saying, we're gonna starting like the West Coast niggas is just gonna start riding behind the car.
Speaker 1: Is way easier, not like al Capone, sure bruh, like like I get what you're doing.
Speaker 2: Glasses. However, there is study after the study, there is actually you want to talk about facts. You want to talk about facts. There are facts. There's certain beats per minute do certain things to people's emotions, Certain tones, certain topics do certain things. There is a reason. Matter of fact, I interviewed one of the niggas from Souls and Mischief once and he said that he was in the record label's office when they got a call that literally said y'all gotta stop doing the decent hip hop shit. We going straight gangs. There's a reason they did that, bro. It wasn't because it was just more profitable. Nickas made dance mc amer sold ten million albums.
Speaker 4: One thing I have to point out statistically, the national crime peak was nineteen ninety four and it ran down for about twenty years. During that twenty years, there was more hip hop produced from more regions by more producers, and it was created more vastly and in a more dispersed way.
Speaker 3: Than prior to that time. So there is a disassociative statistical macro there.
Speaker 4: But I also I don't know at the same time, I think that there is some perpetuation that the music contributes to. There's a lot of input factors in both of those.
Speaker 1: Okay you to say that it's just isn't an uptick? Is there an uptick in suburban gang violence.
Speaker 2: There's definitely the biggest suburban violence.
Speaker 1: Because they're the biggest consumer of of of hip hop and gange the rat.
Speaker 2: There's absolutely an uptaken in suburban violence. When I was growing up, I didn't hear about any any white boys want to shoot up in school ever.
Speaker 1: Hip hop all the time.
Speaker 5: May you hear about all kind of white dudes man going to school and fucking up some ship that they just got finished listening to some n w A.
Speaker 2: And it's it is just not hip hop. There are rock rock bands out there that have found the sweet spot of aggression that that that resonates with the suburban white dudes.
Speaker 1: Horrible human beings.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 1: Well that that I'm not disputing that either horrible human beings, Bro, And you have no sense of accountability, and accountability is not in you. This is fucking crazy.
Speaker 2: I could say the same about you in your opinion that.
Speaker 1: The difference is I'm totally accountable like you just asked me, and I told you I made a choice, and I say, okay, fair point.
Speaker 3: I see accountable in the micro and not the macro.
Speaker 1: This is actually no. The truth is I'm accountable because I am a responsible adult. Everybody else is behaving like children, so they're giving away their accountability.
Speaker 5: Like you normally you were in a normally yes.
Speaker 1: Because I take accountability for my actions and I figure and I don't think you can blame rap music. I would be the last person to say you can blame rap music for all the society. But rap music has been shown there's been an increasing alcohol use, increasing the mirror want a consumption because it's being pumped into somebody's head. Not the legalization of alcohol, none of that.
Speaker 5: Usage.
Speaker 4: And the one was there the whole time. And then the catalyst was introduced and the yielded a different consumption. Right then, yes, it would be the catalyst.
Speaker 3: How that would work?
Speaker 2: You know, both you know both points can be correct. Like it is like like still say it's not the be all end all, didn't it didn't invent violence, but that ship definitely pumps it.
Speaker 1: Up because it's violent. So why not deal with why not deal with the fact that people most people up it does something to them, So then why not fix the problem.
Speaker 2: That's part of part of the problem.
Speaker 1: No, No, the problem is you're blaming people reflecting the problem like you're you're you're blaming the mirror for the problem.
Speaker 5: And I love music, but you know what, the problem is not a balance because when you have your face, which one of us.
Speaker 3: Are you talking to? I can only do so much with what I've got to work with.
Speaker 1: No, No, fix your face. Don't blame the mirror for how you look. Fix your face.
Speaker 2: But what I'm saying you said, you said, you know easier, I got to look in the mirror. What I'm saying is is that that's an excuse that that artists have used since n w A's first album. We're just We're just not.
Speaker 5: You told me they can't go both ways. Bro, you told me something, and I said, I agree with you. You told me still you have to be more socially responsible because they're dumb ass people out there to take everything you say to face value. And I said, you know what, Bro, You're right, And I stopped doing a lot of ship that I was gonna do before. Yes, I did, I did and you can't say the same thing. See, there has to be some responsibility.
Speaker 1: If I was talking to Doc, to Dre and n w A, this is a different conversation. I'm talking to y'all. Fix the inspiration. Don't keep talking about y'all always figure out a way to blame poor black people.
Speaker 2: That don't make gangster music too right.
Speaker 1: But you're talking about the poor black people that do make gangster music.
Speaker 2: So I said, a conversation about hip hop.
Speaker 1: Same thing and gang bang.
Speaker 4: More conversations about gang bang is what it says on the screen.
Speaker 1: All the same, all the same, all the same. It's all the same, all hand in hand, they all, they all hold hands, Pete, they all hold hands.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this, name the person that has done the most recruitment for crips across the planet.
Speaker 1: Nobody's recruited crips across the planet. Who the fuck's that joined the cl Somebody somebody being proud of me, proud of where they're coming from, and being overpride and having pride is not a recruiting measure.
Speaker 5: See, there is some kid that may be in Youngstown promoting the crypts and may say, you know what, the glasses may be in the crypt. Sounds so cool. I'm gonna start a crypt game now, you know. The next thing, you know, you got our block cryps.
Speaker 1: That's fine.
Speaker 3: But using that type of.
Speaker 7: Pride manipulation, so to speak, or however you want to describe it, is a recruiting tactic, which is why the US Armored Forces pays millions of dollars a year out to every sports team to play the national anthem before games, because they deem it a recruiting effort expense.
Speaker 1: That's a brilliant effort by the military. This is not the equivalent. I'm just proud of my experience.
Speaker 2: Snoop Dogg has recruited more crypts in the history of Niggers, white people, Hispanics, whoever, than any other person that I would argue.
Speaker 1: By a lot. I think he should be proud of his experience. I think he should always bribing it. I think he should wear with a badge of honor. That's the point of.
Speaker 3: It, because that's fine.
Speaker 4: That there might be participation ratifications from that are not necessarily the same point.
Speaker 1: Well, the point I'm saying is he's not saying, hey, join my gang. But if you look up to Snoop and you want to be snooped. Then, in other words, you're saying, why why are people praising Snoop for being proud of his experience?
Speaker 4: I think to a portion of audience, he's not saying, join my gang.
Speaker 3: But for people who are like to the join a gang portion of the.
Speaker 1: Consideration, Listen, you cannot tell people don't be proud of their experience and bragging about experience.
Speaker 2: I absolutely can because some of the things that some people have experienced you should not be proud of.
Speaker 1: What's like for example, like what.
Speaker 2: I please explain to me at what point when he joined us?
Speaker 3: I'm proud of a day in my life. I'm forty one fucking years old.
Speaker 1: You don't need this pride. You don't need this pride.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, tell me and Snoop really, you know, like for all intentsive purposes gang banging purposes. I'm assuming he had a very brief career because he got with doctor Dre when he was what seventeen eighteen or something like that.
Speaker 1: But but gang banging is not necessarily the thing that you nuanced as just what you think it is. It's everything you do.
Speaker 2: Okay, But my point is is that the worst of gang banging is deplorable.
Speaker 1: What's the worst of it Riding in a.
Speaker 2: Car, pulling out a gun and shooting at a nigga because he looks.
Speaker 1: Friend, that's not what's happening.
Speaker 5: And you're shooting a nigga who could have innocent people around him, and you're driving them back with no regard for them people and just that's the enemy of a bus on them.
Speaker 1: That's not happening. Jobs, That literally is what happened. Well, that's not see I use that term literal. That's not that's not literal. Still is full of ship because I wish they would have beat your ass and put you on because you're full of shit and you can tell jobs the truth, but you're lying. That's fine, that's cool. Still, I'm gonna make sure they fuck you up for it. Anyways. Roaming Part two. We don't ride in cars and shoot people because they look different.
Speaker 5: Literally bikes sometimes forgot on bikes.
Speaker 1: We don't ride by and shoot people because they look different. Literally, right there.
Speaker 2: You're shooting people doing by.
Speaker 5: The old Lady got hit.
Speaker 4: Hustle interview. He Nipsy said, you drive around until you find someone that looks most.
Speaker 2: Like you exactly.
Speaker 3: That's what he said.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying he said, he's giving you a general concept of something that's rooted in something richer. Not what I'm telling you is looks like somebody just because they look different. Literally, that's not instructions he gave people. That's not what he said.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, So so would you agree glasses that drive bys are an actual occurrence.
Speaker 1: They have been since the thirties, and they were born out the Midwest.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's fine because they got a long history doesn't make them better.
Speaker 1: Now that I'm saying they're not something unique to gangs, they are not.
Speaker 2: Well I take that back. Yes, yes, yes they are. Yes they are.
Speaker 1: Even though people he does drive by.
Speaker 2: The people that you were talking about in the thirties, twenty thirty, the twenties and thirties, we're in a gang.
Speaker 1: No, they were in. People wouldn't even call that a gang.
Speaker 3: They call their gangs.
Speaker 1: That would call their cliqus, mobs or mafia's they were called.
Speaker 5: They still call their cruise mob. Like if you go to Chicago, they don't say my game and say my mob.
Speaker 1: So that's unique specifically to the West. Coast in California.
Speaker 3: Is the same thing. It's a question of adaptation and adoption.
Speaker 1: It's been happening since then, all walks of different life.
Speaker 2: It's been happening for a long time. It doesn't make it right because it's got a long history.
Speaker 1: So therefore you would have a conversation with most humans, not just specifically glasses.
Speaker 2: Look, well, I'm a black man, and things that happen in the black community have a way more direct effect than something that happens in Palestine.
Speaker 1: Are they doing drops when you were younger?
Speaker 5: Jobs?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Unfortunately has.
Speaker 1: Nothing to do with Cripson blood jobs. Guys originated that, to be theory. To be honest, the Midwest originated drive bys.
Speaker 2: I don't know the origin. My problem.
Speaker 1: I have to say, shout out to shout out to Midwest.
Speaker 2: At some point in the gang culture that became a response and expected.
Speaker 5: And people watch thirtain movies, they heard the music and they said, you know what, that looks attractive. I'm going to try that.
Speaker 2: No matter how you explain it, bro, it was part of the gang culture.
Speaker 1: Again, the Midwest started drive bys. Okay, so imagine Los Angeles blaming you.
Speaker 2: You know what if we're going to go there. My generation is to blame for a lot.
Speaker 1: Of this ship, actually pretty much most of it. But I'm not blaming you. That's why we have accountability.
Speaker 2: Well, I too have done some fucked up shit when I was younger, so I'm part of the problem. I'm I don't run away from that.
Speaker 1: But how is it not if you're saying, hey, you guys are doing something that should be so familiar, you guys invented it.
Speaker 2: I never said that. I didn't say you invented it. What I said was, it's an expected response in gang culture to shoot at niggas.
Speaker 1: That's an expected response in any conflict. It's not.
Speaker 3: And I have.
Speaker 2: Conflict with people all the time, and I don't.
Speaker 1: On any power structure where warring is an option, like this country.
Speaker 2: You can't possibly be comparing gang banging to the country.
Speaker 1: I mean they gang banging.
Speaker 2: They are, but gang bangers are fighting for nothing. Neither is the country they actually go with and take shit. So you believe you never saw them bring anything back, Well look at Iraq, bro, you.
Speaker 1: Never saw them bring anything back.
Speaker 2: A lot of oil. I didn't see them put it in the tankers.
Speaker 1: So then therefore you're you're spreading rhetoric. That's not true. They didn't go fight them for oil.
Speaker 2: You gotta talk to some vets bro.
Speaker 1: They didn't sell them. They didn't have to load up any drums or oil and bring anybody. No, that's a lie. Again. You're bringing dignity to white people doing the exact same thing I didn't. You're saying they're fighting for a reason. I'm telling you they're fighting for whatever reason that they deem is the reason to fight over. And if you can't understand it, I'm not saying you should actually understand why brothers fight. I'm telling you it's not foreign and it's not exclusive.
Speaker 2: But you're trying to make it sound so like I told you before. Man, you make it sound so wonderful.
Speaker 1: How was it wonderful? Was it wonderful when the people came and flew the planes in the tower. Was it wonderful when America retaliated and droned all of the cities and killed the man that was responsible that ran their gang for twenty twenty years later? No? No, but it's a part of existing. When you read the Bible, is it wonderful when certain people kill certain It's not that's just part of existing as a human. I'm not saying it's okay, and I'm not saying you shouldn't possibly be against violence. I'm telling you do not single out a particular group of poor people in this pursuit. They're not exclusive. They're not exclusive things that human beings feel, jobs, they're not makes it sound so great, man, I'm not making it sound great. I'm just saying tomorrow, That's not what I'm saying, bro. I'm just saying, where do I sign?
Speaker 5: Bro? It's not.
Speaker 1: Still is somebody who moved out here as a teenager. He had a choice to be from the hood. If you wanted to there to put him on, No, I didn't have a choice. Dude went to jail. I would had to stop going out there had he stayed out there, or I had to get put on. His friends would have put him on.
Speaker 5: And I think that I think you missing a point. Gee. I'm not saying that this stuff is is right, But I am saying that music and gangster rap does have a certain influence on people.
Speaker 1: I'm not I'm not even disagreeing that it does. But I'm telling you because it's inspired by life, so fixed life and then we could actually well.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 5: At one point it was, but then it started influencing people because people that then the lifestyle will hear that stuff say that sounds exciting.
Speaker 1: I'm sure it does. If you're that ignorant, that's your problem.
Speaker 5: Well, it's people that's that ignorant. You even say it the g you said it yourself. It's just like, these people don't sit up here and listen to these dumb motherfuckers online tell all these lies and talk all this shit, and they believe them. There's just a bunch of dumb motherfuckers that are easily misled.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thats it up right there.
Speaker 1: It's the truth.
Speaker 5: It's just a dumb like whether I love music, yeah, I love gangster rap. I love music period, man, But there are dumb motherfuckers. They wouldn't influence my household because my children have me that looks too. They don't let no fucking rapper tell my kids what to do. But there's a lot of people that do. They listen to it. They sit at home, listen to glasses and out of all the positive shits you say, they gonna take the one one negative out of it. Negga run with that ship man last look seem like a cool dude, and he had crypt. I'm gonna be a crypt.
Speaker 1: That's what If that's what they got from that, then what am I supposed to do? Not be a cryp?
Speaker 5: You don't probably have to advertise this much.
Speaker 1: I'm a crip and I'm proud of it.
Speaker 5: No, you are a man, You're a human being. Are you back now? Mack tell me I'm not a man. I'm a crypt.
Speaker 3: Just basic basic like free algebra, transitive property. I'm a crypt.
Speaker 4: I am proud of it, stated to listener. Therefore, listener thinks I want to be proud of something.
Speaker 3: I ought be a crip. Mm hmm. That's not terribly far fetched.
Speaker 1: I'm saying.
Speaker 3: We keep shifting the parameter all over the.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying people cannot want pride. That's a normal thing, poor people. That's a normal I'm not disagreeing. I'm not. Nobody is saying, hey, be a crypt like me.
Speaker 2: You kind of are, bro.
Speaker 1: I'm not.
Speaker 2: Particular verbiage. What you say is glasses low.
Speaker 5: Your real names, your names, glasses glasses Low. That's a crypt name. You advertising your equipment right now?
Speaker 1: No, I am a crypt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but but the way when when you don't, you don't necessarily say go out be a crypt. But if somebody says, well I was because of your music, you say, well, good.
Speaker 4: It's I'm cool and having to be a CRYPT. And someone goes, I want to be cool. Yeah, probably cool too, because he's cool and he's a crypt.
Speaker 2: There's the negative aspects of gang banging, and you promote and I've never disputed that there are some positive aspects of gang banging. It's just the the flip side of that. The conflict resolution aspect of gang banging is horrible.
Speaker 5: It's horrible. You got deep blogging this in their sixties and seventies to steal, still violent.
Speaker 1: They haven't found something. Well, I don't know what's better.
Speaker 2: They proud of being in their game.
Speaker 1: Why would you not be proud?
Speaker 5: I don't even know what you're saying.
Speaker 1: No more, why would I not be. You're proud of being a father. That's like second night, different things. Come on, man, I'm just saying you didn't even have to do anything.
Speaker 2: I actually had to work to be a father.
Speaker 1: No, No, you actually have to. It's a consistent effort. But that's what you're proud of.
Speaker 2: You know what. I wasn't concerned about her beat me up if I did something wrong.
Speaker 1: You guys, I get your point right, and I get what Pete is doing with his hands, But you're saying that my problem is what makes somebody want to be down.
Speaker 2: It's not just that it is. It is your descriptions of being a gang member.
Speaker 1: It's just what it is.
Speaker 2: But it's still you're.
Speaker 5: Giving blood when game came up, when two of them came to sing, look at the riots and the people that want to be bloods all on the East Coast, all everywhere else. They want to be blood because they say it look cool. Where's the first place people go when they come out here? They want to go in the hood. They don't want to go see these people are wealthy in most cases. Why they want to hang out in the fucking neighborhood around a bunch of broke motherfuckers and probably get rotted because y'all make it sound sexy to these dumb motherfuckers.
Speaker 1: Or it's not bad.
Speaker 5: They said, Well, I didn't know about that part. They didn't tell me that was gonna happen. I just thought it was gonna be cool because in the rap songs, all y'all motherfuckers talk about is we getting money? We fucking bic sious and we're doing what we want to do. It don't say nothing about man, I had to bury nine homies last week of my mama's house got shut up, she got my little sister got hit. They don't talk about that. They just talk about the fun aspects.
Speaker 1: Then most times, and then there is a song where you have to bury your homie.
Speaker 5: People don't hear. See, people don't hear the people don't hear message. They only want to hear the shit they want to.
Speaker 1: So then who are you blaming?
Speaker 5: I'm like, shit, I ain't got no choice but to blame the motherfuckers is making the music.
Speaker 1: And people ignoring everything that's happening. Yeah they have Yeah, yeah they got a certain amount of kountability. All parties are guilty. Well, no accountability is guilty. It's all choice. What I'm saying to you, is this right if every day do y'all think every day is burying a homie?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: But do you we're not talking about us up here. We more, we are more new fluanced than that. We're not a lot of people out here.
Speaker 1: It's just yes, you are.
Speaker 5: No, I'm not, I'm far from them.
Speaker 2: I'm just think there's a store somewhere in your neighborhood that that I don't know now, but at some point gang members hung out at yep. How do you think that the random young lady got two kids, doesn't want her sons involved in gang banging, but has to send her son to the store to get stuff. Does she feels safe with that?
Speaker 1: Maybe not?
Speaker 2: Why because it's said it's roses and daffodilsau.
Speaker 5: She knows her young son is go walk by these her young impressible sons go walk by these niggas like glasses and niggall be like, what's up a little homie, and they see them getting money, They see them with the bad brother. I'm gonna tell you this jobs. You know what I was in press by when I was little. The pimp dude down the street they had the cadillact with the grill on front, had a not of money like this, they had to clean shit on.
Speaker 2: I didn't look at them.
Speaker 5: My pops coming home in his ragged clothes wafter working a fifteen hour shift. I looked at that nigga down on the street that was getting that money and said, I want to be like that motherfucker right there had all the baddest women and.
Speaker 4: You just didn't have a shit's worth a game and look and there went that dream. No.
Speaker 5: But but the thing is that's who you wanted to be like because you looked at it and said, man, I want that right there because I don't have money, and that motherfucker got it all. He got everything that you could think, you think that you want as a young kid. They're impressionable, bro.
Speaker 1: So that my question to you is, so, then what should the country be doing about that? Why is it that this lifestyle that's against the law is doing better than people who are working in slavery.
Speaker 5: Because we need to promote, We need to promote more. I'm gonna tell you which not promoting people you can put I'm gonna hear you right now, geez, I'm gonna take you off. Hold on still.
Speaker 1: You could put a pimp in Beverly Hills and he wouldn't have the same influence.
Speaker 5: I'm going to give you the perfect scenario right here right. You know what I don't understand for the life of me. The NFL only has so many jobs. So that means invariably there gonna be a lot of motherfuckers that got NFL level talent sitting at home. It's only so many jobs, you know, where there are abundance of jobs at and then motherfuckers make more money than the players. The coaches how come make motherfuckers ain't pushing the line to be coaches. That's why I don't understand. Like, dude, if you want to stay around the game and make millions dollars a year, the difference is is you could play in the NFL. You might make a couple of million dollars for two three years, which are on average, is the average lifespan of a player, right when you can go be a coach and make all the fucking money and be around a lot longer.
Speaker 3: But that's time frame and you know you're not gonna have it now.
Speaker 4: You don't go to make millions of dollars as a coach in year one, but as a player, you will make millions of dollars in year one.
Speaker 3: You make it.
Speaker 5: Like you listen to what I'm saying, Peter, Now the game has changed, bro. They got GMS on the team, they got recruiting coordinators. Them dudes making millions of dollars now, right off the rip, dude, right off the bat. Everybody can't get that job, but you gotta like moregain.
Speaker 3: You're recruiting coordinators in year one?
Speaker 5: Come on now, yeah, I'm telling you, man, it's the thing. So let's say it take you a few years. Right. You know how many motherfuckers, Peter, they got dudes that the gms, The dudes like you probably didn't play football, right, and they know the game and they hire motherfuckers like that, and it's like, damn, that motherfucker is making a game and motherfucking money. Conversations where everyone attached last is last is always one to be Oh well, poor me, people, We just fucking with Glass day a poor glasses, poor glasses man, My poor little crip homie. Man, he just man, y'all is being so mean to him because he a crip.
Speaker 1: It's probably true. Though it's probably true. It's not nothing wrong with it, But cripping has prepared me for this.
Speaker 5: That's what I'm saying. Some Michael here this to say, you know what, cripping made Glass is tough. I'm be a crip. They walk.
Speaker 1: A man, that's true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did, alright, without.
Speaker 1: So so they could be like jobs, maybe jobs should be more prideful about, you know, maybe more people should be more pride for like prideful. I don't know why people aren't more prideful about their you know, they're them surviving.
Speaker 5: Because most people turned creeping and blood into a marketing too. That's the problem they turn. They don't ever talk about the bad with it. It's just all graty. Everything is just so man, it's so lovely to be out here doing this.
Speaker 1: I've never heard an artist that in life.
Speaker 2: Are you kidding me? To brag about going to prison? Every song they.
Speaker 1: Brag about surviving prison. Oh yes, they nobody. You'll never hear nobody with a song that's like first day in the problem nobody got. But that's not the problem, right that, that's not a problem. Right, you have to listen again, people's ignorance, right, it's not that's the problem. Like even me trying to inform you and y'all arguing is the problem. The ignorance. I'm not and there's nothing wrong with it. It's not nothing. I'm not insulting. It's just you just don't know. Nobody has a nobody is going to jail celebrating. There's no song I gotta go do nine years and they bragging about it, and and know they're not.
Speaker 2: They do that when they get out because they're jumped on in the shower in prison, nobody talks about somebody stole my comments.
Speaker 1: They have all of those songs, They have a thousand of those. Point them out, bro, the little homie name Twin, Now your name just twin, switching, sagging, rolling your eyes and neck.
Speaker 5: You better.
Speaker 1: It's a thousand songs. But again, everybody brags about surviving.
Speaker 2: Is that a real, dude?
Speaker 1: That's ice cues? Check yourself? Really yes? The second verse. So what I'm saying to you is you hear people bragging about surviving being accountable for whatever action they did.
Speaker 3: That's an exceptional song.
Speaker 1: Though that's not an exceptional song. People don't have songs like I did nine years and every day was rosy and we was out there chilling.
Speaker 2: And it's also not based on any facts. I still didn't go to prison, and we all know.
Speaker 1: That, but that it's it's that it is a fact that some people go in there and get turned out.
Speaker 2: People tend to believe if you went to prison and come out and make a song. People are naturally going to associate whatever you're saying as more factual than somebody just talking about my boy's experience or somebody else's experience.
Speaker 1: Oh then then let's take somebody from Detroit, like, uh, the guy that made First Day Out that doesn't seem like I would want to go to jail listening to his song.
Speaker 5: Yes, I'm gonna tell you what y'all should be listening to what should be to influence some motherfuckers this ship right if.
Speaker 3: It's not, you know what, this is a huge step.
Speaker 4: For still because usually it's showing us some boiled getting cut out of somebody's shoulder.
Speaker 3: So this is a lot better than that.
Speaker 1: You love, you'll put out my videos. The point I'm saying jobs reason why.
Speaker 5: I'm showing to you because I know this thing will.
Speaker 1: Never come to you, is this first day out does not make me want to go jail. But when I listen to T. Grizzly talking on First day Out, I hear somebody really excited that they survived the traumatic experience, telling me how bad it was, how bad the journey was, how bad the fight was. That's all the song. There's no songs where nobody's bragging about how fun it was in jail and they was sleeping with men, and that's not what's happening. So again again to lazily conflate, like, hey, you know what, somebody's you know, really excited that they're free. They didn't compromise the morals being unaccountable for something and putting somebody else in harm's way and then going into this traumatic experience where people die, you know, I mean, that's what he talked about in First day Out. That's why the song is celebrated. It's not celebrated because he went to jail. It's celebrated because he made it through the experience without compromising himself. If you made a song about going to jail and you was and you was sleeping with punks in jail, it wouldn't be celebrated. If you made a song about you went to jail and you told the police so you didn't have to stay there, it wouldn't be celebrated. It's when you beat, when you what you deem as something. So, oh, you just went to jail and that's pumped up. No, that person took accountability for what they were. They're bragging that they didn't sacrifice morality of blaming someone else, and through all of this madness I am here. It shows that I am built for tough. I took on the challenge and I made it through. That is something to be pregnant.
Speaker 5: Man, I'm gonna show you off something that's really disturbing right now. Look at this rare still.
Speaker 1: Can't nobody see what we're doing a podcast? Nobody could get.
Speaker 5: The window. I'm showing that because that's what you're seeing right now is as believable as that video.
Speaker 1: Right What did I do?
Speaker 5: God?
Speaker 1: What did I do?
Speaker 5: Sitting up here trying to justify a thuck? That's be your next song. Justify my thug.
Speaker 2: You make it, I'm telling you, man, you make me want to join up.
Speaker 5: Justify mind cripping.
Speaker 1: Listen, you can't be this. You can't become this. You eat it like like like that's that's the way.
Speaker 4: You couldn't be that pimp you always wanted to be. Still exactly, you can't. When you see that bank this fly, ladies, it wasn't in the car for you. Still, you know what I said, I said is the way to do it.
Speaker 5: I don't want to be negatives.
Speaker 1: I'm saying you you when you was you couldn't.
Speaker 3: Do it's either in you.
Speaker 1: Still, it's on you. It's in me. Mm hmm, it ain't. It ain't on you. It's in you. You either is or you not. And that's what I'm trying to explain. The jobs, like you can't become glasses Low, but.
Speaker 2: I could become John Flow.
Speaker 1: No, No, you couldn't because it's like it's something special.
Speaker 5: Job. They want as many new memories as they can because they lose a lot every day. It's always it's a lot of there's a lot of.
Speaker 2: Lose anybody they walk off into the sunset.
Speaker 1: It's easier to work money retired. They don't tell me easier to work at McDonald's than it is to be a crypt to be aspiring to do. It's hard being the low.
Speaker 4: It's not easier to get pussy when you work in McDonald's versus when you when.
Speaker 5: He feelings, I hate to do this, I gotta I gotta go fix my car because my brother laws fix my car from right.
Speaker 1: Okay, leave without having me have your recording in a minute.
Speaker 3: Steel is good to see it.
Speaker 1: That's all I'm saying. I don't think i'm really saying that in crazy jobs.
Speaker 2: I know you don't, and that is the wild part, Like you believe it. It's the facts. No, it's the facts as glass to seas though.
Speaker 1: No, it's just the fact.
Speaker 2: No, you you It's just a beautiful, harmonious experiment.
Speaker 3: Do you know what it reminds me of.
Speaker 1: Jobs?
Speaker 3: I think you've probably heard the expression. It's like something something about lies and statistics.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: There's like a famous lies and statistics or them lie like you can believe you're lying eyes or the damn numbers something like that, you know what I mean. It's like you can parameterize a stat any which way you want to, and it's a true statistic, but it's contextual application and how you want to direct it is what matters. And that, to me is the is where the whole disagreement comes. It's like, sure, these are all factual statements in so far as their outward application and ramifications and stuff like that. That that's just where the conversation is asymmetrical.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know how what I'm saying makes you want to be a part of a game.
Speaker 2: You make it sound wonderful where every time you talk about cripping man. I love cripping man. I'm proud of it. It has turned me into demand that I am. It is.
Speaker 1: You know, we have.
Speaker 2: Picnics, we talk on the phone, we give each other advice, we hold organizational meetings. We're structured.
Speaker 1: It's beautiful structured.
Speaker 4: You've said that you had a lot of fun during your during your teenage years of life.
Speaker 3: I did, yes, So you.
Speaker 2: Only exclusively discuss Again, I'm not saying that there are not positive aspects.
Speaker 1: This is not positive. This is just what's happening.
Speaker 2: But to act like there are the counter is not also true.
Speaker 1: I never said the counter is not true. I'm just giving you you're saying people ride around looking for somebody that looks different. That's not what's happening. People have conflicts, and this is how they solve conflicts.
Speaker 2: Again, and the conflict conflict resolution amongst gang bangers is deplorable.
Speaker 1: What matches the United States conflict resolution? That doesn't justify it? What makes it? It makes it a little more standard than you give it credit for.
Speaker 2: No, it doesn't for us regular folks that just go on.
Speaker 1: You mean you mean not regular folks, you mean suburban folks who have something to live for. You have a career, you have things that's worth living for. Because this is standard out of Los Angeles where there's no gangs.
Speaker 2: Most people that live in the inner city are not gang bangers, are not criminals. They're just regular people who go to work, come home and would love to live in peace and not be fearful that some dudes that live in their neighborhood who make it difficult to live in that neighborhood will harm them.
Speaker 1: That's just nobody jobs. Okay, So you can't be a punk either way. So if you're worried that somebody who you didn't do anything wrong to is going to harm you, you're a punk. What Yes, I.
Speaker 2: Walk up to the store and there's thirty niggas in blue rags standing outside to do it.
Speaker 1: What do that got to do with you.
Speaker 2: I'm not exposed to I'm not gonna be worried that something could happen. I'm definitely not sending my daughters in there.
Speaker 1: I just don't see black people that way.
Speaker 2: I just don't yo, and that's not exclusive to black people. Like there are certain neighborhoods. If I go into a neighborhood and every house on that block got an American flag. I'm leaving that neighborhood because I know that neighborhood. It ain't right.
Speaker 1: I'm not scared of them either.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, fear and experience and making a wise decision are two different things.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's a wise decision. If you haven't made a decision, I listen. It's nothing wrong with being scared, right, But it's another thing when you let scared confused with danger, right, okay, because they feel like they should be.
Speaker 3: Well once there's just been irrational and irrational fear.
Speaker 1: There you go. That's what I'm looking for. So if you haven't did anything, that's like when I go to another community, right and cribs and cribs don't cribs and cribs don't get along. It's not as simple as that, right. It's like if I go to a store in a trade I don't care who hanging out in front of it.
Speaker 2: You feel comfortable going in their store.
Speaker 1: It's it's not I'm going into the store. I need to get what I need to get, and I'm getting my car and leave until somebody makes it a problem. If they make it a problem.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming a trade is not.
Speaker 4: Guys that's a big crip gang that's a few miles down the road from Glasses.
Speaker 3: It's not in their geographical purview of now.
Speaker 1: Now, if it's a community that now listen, now again that again. Now, if it's a community that we have direct conflict with, yes, then then I should be worried because I understand we have something going on.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: It's like me walking into a store where where there's Cluelus clam member sitting in front of it. As a black man, there's something going on that I probably should not walk in front of this store because I understand that there's an issue with me being here. Now you're saying that that shouldn't exist is ridiculous because it exists period.
Speaker 2: Walking into a store with twenty gang members standing outside.
Speaker 1: Why why the hell would you not? What do they got to do with you? What they're gonna do to you?
Speaker 2: They rob civilians all the time.
Speaker 1: Has nothing to do with gang banging. That's somebody robbing people. Gangs are not. They rob people in every ghetto around the country. Has nothing to do with gang that.
Speaker 4: That's kind of like, if you're likely the type in that area to be participating in an illegal activity, you're likely going to be part of a gang.
Speaker 3: It's not to say that the game.
Speaker 1: But the point is, I'm saying anywhere where crime is high, they don't have to have gangs. People that's robbing. People will rob you. That's not something that's part of gang culture. They don't teach you, Hey, rob somebody. This is not the standard. Some people who rob people has nothing to do. They would rob people whether they were in a gang or not. In a gang. You don't get extra points in gang man because you robbed somebody. Sometimes people use it as a way to It's not what it's about. So if that was the case, you should be scared. Whenever you see poor black people hanging out in front of a store.
Speaker 5: If I see.
Speaker 2: Twenty people hanging out in front of any store, just hanging out, I'm looking certain type of way.
Speaker 1: Yes I'm not.
Speaker 2: What is the good? I have not reached your level of phenomenal list trust for black people, just a regular motherfucker.
Speaker 1: So what if it was twenty white people in business suits?
Speaker 2: I oh all that that's the cops. I'm not going in there.
Speaker 3: Businesses suits and ties.
Speaker 2: Yeah them the fits. I'm not going in there.
Speaker 1: Why would you not going there if you're not a criminal?
Speaker 3: The fans and suits and ties.
Speaker 2: Absolutely in court. Oh he's talking about in front of a store.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying. In front of the store, just suits and ties.
Speaker 4: And there's twenty If there's twenty forty five year old black.
Speaker 3: Men in suits and ties, I'm thinking they probably.
Speaker 1: Would you.
Speaker 2: But yeah, absolutely, and I feel safe.
Speaker 1: I don't care who in front of what store outside of people that I know that are trying to cause direct harm to me because of my community or so forth, or because I'm Black. I'm going into the store and I'm not assuming because people are group doug together that their threat to my existence. I don't care what they look like, unless again, I'm in a different community where I know that community in my community have issues, or if it's the clue klutz Klan, or if it's somebody that's looking like they trying to whoop niggas because they just niggas.
Speaker 2: You a unicorn, bro, Most of us are a little bit more rational thinking about this.
Speaker 1: Is that rational? Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, Brouh, It's probably rational, yes, yes. Most most of like are concern.
Speaker 4: Me sometimes I do. Sometimes I don't. When I do go, I go with a different approach.
Speaker 1: Like where I'm at Now, there's a store, you know, it's not far from here, Pete. And it was like fifteen dudes hanging out. I got my car, when got what I wanted and left. Sure, what do those guys got to do with me?
Speaker 2: It's because you're unique, bro, You're different.
Speaker 1: I'm might unique because most.
Speaker 2: Regular individuals would have some concern about that.
Speaker 4: And I'll say this much also, this goes into a broader topic I would discuss on another day.
Speaker 3: But like in so far as like.
Speaker 4: You're the barrier of entry at face value to a conflict with you.
Speaker 3: Is different than with me.
Speaker 4: So there's gonna be a higher assumed cost of conflict from somebody looking at you.
Speaker 3: It's gonna have to be pretty serious.
Speaker 4: You're a big guy, you a young dude, you look like you're from that kind of a neighborhood.
Speaker 3: The way you get out and move or whatever. I don't nothing about me says force deterrent. It's just facts.
Speaker 4: So if somebody's like, I gotta add an appetite to maybe test this guy on a scale of three to ten, I'm eligible.
Speaker 2: For you.
Speaker 3: That motherfucker is gonna be.
Speaker 4: Like I need to probably have an appetite on an eight to ten, and that weeds out ninety nine percent of people. I only get to weed out like seventeen percent of people.
Speaker 2: And I'm an old, short black dude.
Speaker 1: Why would anybody do anything to you job you're an old, short black.
Speaker 2: Dude because I'm vulnerable.
Speaker 1: Is that what you think? People pray on people?
Speaker 3: People don't tend to pray dude strongest.
Speaker 2: They people pray on who they need.
Speaker 4: Don't eat exactly, So.
Speaker 1: Gay baggon is all about praying on weak people.
Speaker 3: I didn't say that.
Speaker 4: I just said, in general speak, most people don't even even in a sense if somebody wants the conflict. Most people don't walk into conflicts. They presume they're going to lose. They avoid them, typically.
Speaker 2: Speaking Yes, but okay, that's not that far fetched.
Speaker 1: No, No, I'm just sure I think somebody gets But I don't think that's a representation of gangs. Hey, let me see this white guy. He's a little thinner, he's not as tall like that. We would consider that person a bust.
Speaker 4: Sure, but it's it's a responsition. It's a representation of the perception of.
Speaker 3: For sure, which is your point exactly.
Speaker 1: But at the same time, it's like that nobody sweats the mailman.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you don't.
Speaker 2: Assume that the mailman is walking around with a lot of money on them.
Speaker 1: You don't assume somebody walking into the liquor store has a lot of money on them.
Speaker 2: You see a white guy, you're the thought process may be for a lot of people that they have access then, but what they look like like if they look like a meth head, you know, but if they look like, hey, this guy works on Wall Street.
Speaker 3: Let's ask ask this question.
Speaker 4: Say you own the store, you're probably conscious that a considerable portion of your potential customer base might be deterred by that. Do you want them all outside in front of your store? Is that good for your store?
Speaker 1: And looking out for tuning into the Note Sellers podcast, Please do us a favorite, subscribe, rate, comment, and share. This episode was recorded right here on the West coast of the USA. They produced about the Black Effect podcast network and not hard Radio.
Speaker 5: Yeah,