Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: It's our one on this Wednesday, Dan and the Dan Nuts Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Glad to have you on board here in New Orleans. Rich Eisen will.
Speaker 2: Stop by on loan from NFL Network South pom Antonio, The Mothership. Jim Harball will stop by. Chris Haynes, our good buddy covers the NBA. The NBA trade deadline tomorrow. I do have updated odds on the player or players expected to be traded this according to DraftKings, They've got odds on who will be traded. Now, Marvin, you follow the NBA, so i'll give you. I'm taking Jimmy Butler out of this. So it's Jimmy Butler and this player best odds to be traded by tomorrow. So I'm going to start with you. This is a big man who has been embroiled in a couple of altercations, maybe with a member of the Golden State.
Speaker 3: Warriors from the Suns. I can't think of his name, Vousavis.
Speaker 1: Yes, can I make a guess? Yeah, Kevin Durant. Kevin Durant is down the list Norwich. There was.
Speaker 2: Chitch kitchen, so usef Nurkic and Jimmy Butler odds on favorite to be traded and then brandon Ingram, Chris Middleton and then Kevin Durant. But the trade deadline, you know, the NBA hijack the NFL. Normally it's the other way around, where the NFL like Christmas Day, you guys play games there every Christmas. Okay, good, Now you get a little payback here that the NBA is hijacked super Bowl Week. But it did take a monumental trade, you know, with Luca now Miles Garrett the possibility that he wants out of Cleveland will be be able to get out of Cleveland. That of course brought the NFL back into the news. But this is one of those that the and Chiefs have been there, didn't expect to hear anything that was controversial. You got Travis Kelcey being asked about are you going to retire if you win? And he's like, no, I want to play a couple more years. Andy Reid, You're going to retire. Why do we keep pushing people out the door. You know, you guys keep pushing me out the door to do this show, and I keep saying I want to stay I'm like.
Speaker 1: No, it's Ross Tucker's time.
Speaker 2: Dan, you happen to move on, Speaking of which I did meet with Ross Tucker yesterday.
Speaker 4: Doom.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Ross is like a.
Speaker 2: Can I ask you about hosting your show? I said, in a couple of years, we can go down that road.
Speaker 4: If you want to watch you some more hig cholesterol food with me Dan.
Speaker 2: Eight seven seven three DP Show Email address dpat dan Patrick dot Com, Twitter handle the DP Show. Good morning if you're watching on Peacock, our streaming partner and our radio affiliates around the country. Our stat of the Day has always brought you by Ben Ineny America. The official trading cards of the program First Hour brought to you by Keeper's Heart. It's the best Irish whiskey in the world, and it's made in Minnesota, and now it's new. They have a unique style that combines the best of Irish and American whiskey, creating a smooth character of Iris whiskey the bold flavors of American whiskies. If you're a whiskey fan, you got to try it and drink responsibly. Pol Question, Play of the Day, stat of Today, All of that forthcoming, dearon Fox makes his debut with the Spurs tonight. Luca met with the media in Los Angeles yesterday and the NBA trade deadline coming up tomorrow. Speaking of Luca, there's a lot of discussion of does Lebron stay, want to stay? Does he wave his no trade clause? Does he end up at Golden State? Is Kevin Durant going to end up at back at Golden State? Kevin Durant might be moved. There seems like there's more talk that they can't move Bradley Beal because Bradley Beal and Lebron James are the only two players with no trade clauses, which is amazing. But Bradley Beal looks like he's going to stay, but Kevin Durant could be on the move. Luca met with the media and he was asked about his on court fit with Lebron James.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think we both make our teammates better. Our IQ. He's very high, so I think that's going to help everybody.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: I'm just excited to work with him, work every day here, so every day that goes by, it's going to be better.
Speaker 2: And he looked like he was showing up. It was like a class trip or something, you know where, Hey, we're gonna go to a Laker press conference, you get to hold up a jersey. I mean he dressed like where he's going to a country club. Yes, PAULI, Yeah.
Speaker 6: He had the long sleeved shirt under the sweater. He looked like high end substitute teacher. Look yeah, like mister dochick. He can ball.
Speaker 2: He didn't look like he weighed two hundred and seventy pounds, but yes, Martin.
Speaker 4: More importantly, Rob Alinka looked like the fawns.
Speaker 3: You see his other Jackie yesterday, and he had he was looking like Maxim Grease too, had the sleeves pulled up.
Speaker 1: I'm like, what's going on here? Look good?
Speaker 4: Looked impressive there you have to have.
Speaker 7: The motorcycle right next to him. That was kind of weird to be in the show.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Toad. Here's Lebron James talking about Luca. You've got a whirl win talk.
Speaker 8: Can only imagine or I can't even imagine how Luca and Ad and Max Christie and Maxi Kleeber and obviously Huay Chapino with one of our teammates as well. So it's a little bit challenging for sure, especially for me. You know, anytime I you know, I'll have what six years with Ady win a championship with my guy obviously one of my best friends obviously, so but uh, you know, it's a business, and you understand that.
Speaker 4: You know, it's a business of basketball. We understand that. And uh, I know he's going to do well on Aaron Dallas. Yeah.
Speaker 1: See, I have two quick things.
Speaker 9: But it's funny how there's zero talk about Anthony Davis in this trade.
Speaker 1: Zero whatsoever.
Speaker 9: Nobody is like, hey, how's Anthony Davis feel about being moved?
Speaker 1: No one cares at all.
Speaker 2: But when I asked Charles who won the deal right now, and he said the Mavericks did. Yeah, he said that Anthony Davis can help the MAVs winning championship. He said the Lakers aren't going to win a championship, but he said ad Ad can be the missing ingredient there in Dallas. And it feels like the West is up for It feels like every East and West is up for grabs. That are you buying into Oklahoma City when they get to a seven game series, you know against some veterans there. But sounded like Charles was all in. He was in the minority of ad and the MAVs got the better end of the deal.
Speaker 9: Now, it's got to be weird to be Luca and sit down at that press conference and sort of riding that line between everybody knows you don't want to be here and you're excited for this new opportunity, you know, like, all right, yeah, dream come true. I get to play with Lebron. Didn't want to, but pretty awesome. It's weird to have, you know, be of those two minds at the same time.
Speaker 2: Well, it's like, hey, you know, it's great to play with Lebron in an All Star game.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but not every day. I didn't ask for this. It's cool, don't get me wrong, it's cool, but I didn't want it.
Speaker 2: And by the way, I had to sacrifice over one hundred million dollars to be able to play with Lebron, like he missed out on the super Max deal and you know, hey, but you get to play with Lebron.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Maverick Carter will get that back for you. Yeah, he'll get it back for you.
Speaker 1: Don't worry. You sign deal with us. It's the better, Maverick to be with us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's got. Yeah, he went from Dallas Maverick to Maverick Carter.
Speaker 1: Hell or we got you, you get a movie, you get a.
Speaker 2: More influential Dallas Mavericks or Maverick Carter, Maverick Carter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 1: Poll question today is gonna be what seedon?
Speaker 9: Well, we could start there. Actually, who would you rather play with Slash four? Lebron and the Lakers or Kyrie and the MAVs. I mean one of them we just said probably got the better end of the deal than Dallas. But the other one is Lebron and the Lakers just both larger than life identities.
Speaker 2: I would say the Lakers in Lebron. I just I'm not all in on Ad with the MAVs. It now, if you said everything with Ad is, it's always followed by, you know, if he stays healthy, that's it.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: They went to the finals last year, but that's with Luca and in granted he didn't do it all on his own, but Luca is one of those guys who can carry you in an entire series, one of the few guys Ad maybe years ago, but that's always comes with a caveat and if he stays healthy, I would still want to play in Los Angeles with.
Speaker 1: Lebron. Marvin, what about you going with Lebron.
Speaker 4: Especially in Los Angeles? Yeah, you have much rabit.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, Todd Yep, Lebron and the Lakers.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Paul, I would say Dallas. It seems more steady right now. I don't think the Lakers are threatening this year or next year.
Speaker 2: Okay, it'll be interesting though if gold Golden State. Now, I was told by somebody what day is date? Wednesday a Monday, that Golden State is desperate, like they have kicked the tires on everybody. They have asked, They've been quired about everybody, and the question is what are you willing to give up? You know they keep talking about some of their younger players, Well, who are you going to get that?
Speaker 1: Allows Steph?
Speaker 2: This is almost it riding into this, you know, the sunset with Lebron in LA and Steph in Golden State, and then you have KD and KD maybe could end up at Golden State one more time they make a run of it. Yeah, pauling, I was.
Speaker 6: Just looking at Durant's stats after you mentioned he could be traded even back to Golden State if you count Seattle. He's been on this will be his He's been on five different franchises, Seattle, Oklahoma City, Golden State, Brooklyn, Phoenix.
Speaker 1: For all four of.
Speaker 6: Those franchises, if you count Seattle in Oklahoma to the City together, he averaged twenty five plus points for four different franchise.
Speaker 4: That has to be a record.
Speaker 6: No one's ever done that before for four different franchises and possibly another.
Speaker 2: Yep, but I don't know if I can give him credit for Seattle and Oklahoma.
Speaker 6: City if you put those together, though, it counts. Still we're at four different franchises averaging twelve years.
Speaker 1: You're combining those as a frenchise. Yeah, the NBA stats officially do.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's pretty wild, and he could be traded again by tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Yes Mormon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Golden State is like that guy at the end of the night, one fifty seven am at the club. You know what, Bobby portis not the hottest girl in the club.
Speaker 6: But let's see you describe my senior year of college.
Speaker 1: Wait, explain your Bobby portis at the end of the night.
Speaker 3: So at the club, at the end of the night, where you're just like, oh man, she didn't want me. She didn't want me. Well, how about her. It's the end of the night. What are you trying to do. You've never been in depth. No one's ever had that moment, you know, excuse me.
Speaker 4: Get it.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. I wrapped up vision at around ten o'clock. Yeah, I'm not gonna.
Speaker 4: Stay until one.
Speaker 1: Can't there mark ten o'clock.
Speaker 7: I'm out of here.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I mean, I'm let's see hi shorty, Yes, Paul.
Speaker 6: The old phrase was I'm looking for an eight at ten and a five at two. Oh that's the old phrase.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, there's also the uh I thought you were a ten ten at two and a two a ten?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, Todd.
Speaker 10: There's always a sneaky late round pick, though I can think about it. Look at you go through history, seventh rounds, eighth rounders. You're willing to be patient. You don't where you could get time.
Speaker 2: I was always in the supplemental draft. You know, it's like we got to create a special draft for this guy over here. Hey, how about the guy with the hair parted down the middle of the acne?
Speaker 1: Anybody anybody?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, hi, how old are you?
Speaker 3: I was in the expansion draft.
Speaker 2: You don't want Go ahead, by the way, it's Dan interviewing Dan tonight. If you're here in New Orleans at Tippatinas, the legendary Tippatinas Music Hall, and uh that'll be at seven local time. You can go to Dan Patrick dot com to inquire about tickets and joining us there.
Speaker 1: It should be a fun night with Dan Lebatar, the Dan LeBatard. That guy you're with, the Dan LeBatard. You guys are interviewing each other. That guy get out of here, no way? Yeah? What about his cast of characters? Will they be getting interviewed as well? Oh?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I was told it was just Dan and myself. It's just YouTube, but I think we're less fun.
Speaker 4: Sorry.
Speaker 2: Wherever Dan goes daff it'll be Stu gods in all of his producers.
Speaker 9: Would that be way better if it was Dan, Dan Ran and every that's just jokes.
Speaker 1: Oh, we got an item report, we do Dan.
Speaker 4: This is had to get this in for an IT team investigation.
Speaker 2: The motto of our news team is we don't break news, we sprayed it.
Speaker 1: Let's go to the newsroom, point Dan.
Speaker 6: Every morning, Sin O'Connor brings around the Mako van and Fritzy and I jump into it. It's pretty quiet in the morning, we're waking up, we're texting our wives. And this morning I casually said to Todd, so, what did you do yesterday? And Todd said, well, I spent the afternoon in my hotel room and it was actually pretty cool.
Speaker 4: I watched this station called NOLA.
Speaker 6: It's about food and drink and social activities to do in New Orleans. He goes, I watched all day. It's all the places you can go to eat, you can go to visit, all the sites to see. It was really great. It's like they brought you to New Orleans. And I said, I go, Todd, you're in New Orleans. You could walk to these places, you could go out eat at these places. And he just he didn't realize what he's saying. He spent the day watching a show about traveling and visiting New Orleans.
Speaker 4: It's really well done.
Speaker 10: I'm flipping around the channel and channel one on my hotel dial there it said NOLA, and it's showing all these restaurants and museums and crepes and vignets and everything like that.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's not like you're watching a channel on Italy and you're in the United States.
Speaker 10: I just found it that much more exciting because it's like just minutes away from where I am. All these wonderful things that I'm just in there talking to the owners and managers of all these.
Speaker 2: Restaurants, and of walking outside. You just said, might as well just stay here in the hotel room.
Speaker 10: I was watching Law and Order and Everybody Loves Raymond and some kind of ghost stories and all these different interesting things that I'm just flipping around, and then I came across this NOLA thing. I'm like, Wow, look at all these fun things and doing only I can just, you know, go go to the elevator and go down to the lobby and walk eight minutes up the road.
Speaker 1: Yes, I see it.
Speaker 9: From me, it did do sort of like I don't know if you guys have seen this, but it's incredible.
Speaker 1: Is that the NOLA channel.
Speaker 10: Yeah, sometimes you're at hotels and one of the channels is here's how you check out, you know, or like to.
Speaker 7: Check out the pool or the bar or Todd, this is all about New Orleans.
Speaker 6: Todd didn't realize what he was saying in the moment, and seat and I were quiet for about three seconds and he goes, Todd, you're in New Orleans.
Speaker 9: You know, you know you're here right now? Where you could just you could go see all those places.
Speaker 10: I actually google maps some them when because the addresses pop up because they want you to go obviously.
Speaker 7: And I'm like, forty seven minutes walk. I don't know.
Speaker 10: I guess I could do the eight minute uber, but like I was, I started to knock out somethings.
Speaker 7: I never actually went.
Speaker 10: Forward with me me next time, I put in about half a dozen places.
Speaker 7: Just to see where these things were. It's like, oh, that's actually not that far from here.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you to just quatch signed walk fresh word. Yes you can't go wrong Andy that it's funny.
Speaker 9: And sometimes Todd has that like crazy energy in the morning because you could tell he's been alone in a room for twenty one straight hours. So finally I see people. If you guys, do you guys know that, I mean, this is unbelievable. Can you see that this is happening? I don't know if you guys are aware of this, but there's Nola Channel's incredible.
Speaker 1: You should see what they apper You're like.
Speaker 10: And the that's like very nice the southern you know, southern hospitality. It's like someone's doing like an overnight.
Speaker 4: Ye would you love to experience some of it?
Speaker 7: I should get How.
Speaker 1: Great would it be to go see that stuff?
Speaker 10: I did get like a shrimp po boy the other day. That was like my one, my one mid day out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but didn't you go to I don't know, a fast food restaurant here?
Speaker 10: There was a Jimmy Johns I caught my eye. And then there was a subway, and I'm like, I kind of flipped the coin on that.
Speaker 2: There are the trust me, there are really really good places to eat.
Speaker 9: To be fair, the New Orleans Jersey Mikes really is. Butll it's up there.
Speaker 1: Better than the New Jersey Jersey Mikes. It just tastes different.
Speaker 10: They put it as a hintum jumbal lie and they're like, I don't know if they dip it in a little gumba whatever they do, t fe they do something. It's a little creole subway. And and Jimmy Johnson, yes.
Speaker 3: Marvin, you know, Fritzie's a real person, like this is legit who he is.
Speaker 1: Everybody, thank you.
Speaker 9: I'd have any important to Oh okay, yeah, that is that's still the number one question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is what I get. Yeah, and I go, yes, yes, he is even more so, you're getting about ten percent of Todd. By the way, Rich Eisen will join us coming up.
Speaker 2: Also, the match will take place tomorrow between back row front row. They I guess you were kind of scrimmaging against one another. You were practicing yesterday, but it gets real tomorrow and uh so we'll have that Thursday and Friday on the show. We'll take a break and we'll come back. Phone calls are welcome. Operator Tyler sitting by age seven, seven to three DP show. Good morning, if you're watching on Peacock, Thank you for downloading the app. We'll take a break. Rich Eisen is next here on The Dan Patrick Show. Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine to noon Eastern or six to nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for The Dan Patrick Show at Foxsports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app by searching FSR.
Speaker 11: Hey, we're Covino and Rich Fox Sports Radio every day five to seven pm Eastern.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing. We never have enough time to get to everything we want to get.
Speaker 11: To, and that's why we have a brand new podcast called over Promised. You see, we're having so much fun in our two hour show. We never get to everything, honestly, because this guy is over promising things we never have time for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you blubber list jam in me. Well you know what it's called over promise. You should be good at it because you've been over promising women for years.
Speaker 11: Well, it's a Covino and Rich after show and we want you to be a part of it. We're gonna be talking sports, of course, but we're also gonna talk life and relationships. And if Rich and I are arguing about something or we didn't have enough time, it will continue on our after show called over Promised. Well, if you don't get enough Covino and Rich, make sure you check out over Promised and also Uncensored by the way, so maybe we'll go at it even a little harder. It's gonna be the best after show podcast of all time. There you go, over Promising, and remember you could see on YouTube, but definitely join us. Listen over Promised with Covino and Rich on the iHeartRadio app Apple podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Tire rac dot com the official tire expert of the Dan Patrick Show. Go to tire rack dot com, slidestand try the tire decision Guide. Full lineup of Yokohama tires, special offers, free road hazard protection, mobile tire installation. Tire rac dot com The way tire buying should be. I just went outside and I saw Chad and Julie from Trigger and uh, they're going to be here today and tomorrow, And all of a sudden, I go, what do you have for me? Well, they gave me the menu for a Meat Wednesday. So it's smoked wings, baby back ribs, smoke brisket, burnt ends. We got baked ham and cheese sliders, hot dogs, meat balls, takeithos, poppers, kettle corn, check mix, pizza poppers, chocolate cupcakes, and baked skewered loaded tater todds.
Speaker 3: No, no one, nobody.
Speaker 4: Is that for the month that worry you.
Speaker 6: That just for mys the one you can watch on the NOLA channel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you'll bring that up.
Speaker 2: You'll be in your hotel room watching all the great things you can do.
Speaker 1: A complete horrible bit of judgment there but you you don't keep anything private?
Speaker 7: How would I tell him that? I just in passing. It's like this NOLA channel tells you about all the.
Speaker 10: Cool things to go see your norms while I'm laying in bed in my hotel in New Orleans.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, you put the no into NOLA. No, I don't want to know what's going on there.
Speaker 2: All right, Rich Eyes and NFL Network host Rich Eisen show on Roku and he's getting ready to start the pregame show on Pregame festivities on NFL Network should be starting in about an hour from now.
Speaker 1: How about we welcome Rich eyesen.
Speaker 2: Ya having done the the Super Bowl pregame show And how was the choice that was?
Speaker 1: You know, you have to do it every year?
Speaker 12: Well, I no, I mean the guest has to make a choice, like go down the road, do you say hello to you?
Speaker 4: First? You go to show your ass to the camera and walking right?
Speaker 12: Yeah, And I think I've counted this Severn camera shoot, which I think sets the record for most cameras in a shoot in a pickleball bar in New Orleans for the Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: You're setting standards as always.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you got you gotta go around the room, you gotta dap everybody up.
Speaker 12: That's what I figured, you know, because I wanted to pay respects and also explore the studio space.
Speaker 4: What is this isn't set up? Man? Didn't you play pickleball yet? Have you done it?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 1: But the danis there's a big match coming up tomorrow. Okay.
Speaker 2: If I said it's Fritzy and Seaton versus Marvin Paully in pickleball, nobody has played.
Speaker 13: Is there a choice for the meteor the medior that it doesn't happen like?
Speaker 4: No, I'm just saying like there is hard pass.
Speaker 12: So I'm seeing that I can't imagine this is going to be a great competition now.
Speaker 1: Todd did play high school tennis.
Speaker 10: I was just behind second doubles at Lincoln High School and bro just behind second high school.
Speaker 7: I played very very little.
Speaker 10: I practiced with people that had all kinds of injuries and health issues.
Speaker 7: Once in a while they'd let me get out there.
Speaker 4: So okay, I'll take time.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I'm sold Todd in seton. That's all it took.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Todd said that if there was like a kid in a wheelchair, then they would have Todd go out and play against me.
Speaker 10: I thought that the coach was joking. It's like you see Fred over there, It's like the one he's got. What happened to him? It's like, yeah, you gotta play him possibly and he's possibly playing.
Speaker 7: We have decid if you're going to be the one good enough to win that one.
Speaker 12: I love it, same old Fritz, just sharing a little bit too long.
Speaker 4: Just a little bit play one, just one sentence or two.
Speaker 2: It's I thought, it's not ironic, but it's interesting that the NBA hijack the NFL this week with the Lucas stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now they did.
Speaker 2: The NFL did try to bring it back a little bit with the Miles garretts.
Speaker 1: You know, yes, still.
Speaker 12: Thanks to Miles Garrett demanding a trade like he's Jimmy Butler. Yeah, yeah, I do remember it was two years ago. For I guess this is part and parcel for whenever the Chiefs and the Eagles play in a Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: It was Kevin Durant's acquisition.
Speaker 4: In Phoenix where we were, yes, which was something.
Speaker 12: There's also another similarity to Miles Garrett because I believe it was the Super Bowl in LA between the Rams and the Bengals that started off with Kyler Murray's agent putting out a press release basically saying that Kyler Murray wants out and yes.
Speaker 4: There is something to remember.
Speaker 12: You came on my show in LA on that Monday where we're talking for the first ten minutes about Kyler Murray cleansing his Instagram account of anything to do with the Arizona Cardinals, and now here we are starting off the Super Bowl week.
Speaker 4: Miles garrettson he.
Speaker 2: Wants yeah, but and this is interesting that he would want out. I'm just curious how likely this if you're the yeah, you know, you got to move on from Deshaun maybe a draft quarterback, do you move on for Miles Garrett that like, is this a complete reset?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Built. I think they.
Speaker 12: Should take advantage of this in the fact that Andrew Berry trading Miles Garrett, let's say, last week, it would be like, what are you doing now this week? It's like, well, this is all you can do, you know, you know, like so you can take advantage of the fact that Miles says he wants out. Less heat on the on the on the the whole franchise that has a ton of heat on it. But you also have an asset that is one of the greatest assets to put out there at age twenty nine, top of his game, reigning Defensive Player of the Year, great guy in the community, great guy in the locker room. I mean this should be let's just say that this that Miles Garrett should met more first round picks than Luka Doncic did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's trade, yes, yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: But also you know, we had Albert Breer Monday Morning quarterback on yesterday and he said he thinks Detroit would be oh yeah.
Speaker 1: They have all these picks.
Speaker 2: As we know, because we've been doing this a long time, that window to win a Super Bowl is a lot tighter than what you think. And as a fan, you're like, you know, a Niners fan, man, we got a window of opportunity a couple of years ago.
Speaker 1: You don't.
Speaker 2: And if you're Detroit, all you need is one title like that, just get one super Bowl title.
Speaker 1: I'd go all in because you're not wrong.
Speaker 12: I mean, look look at the town that we're in right now, right they got their one super Bowl title.
Speaker 4: It's sure w it's worth it.
Speaker 12: We're still talking about it, and this town will never forget it. And if you need a reservation this week. Just hang out with a New Orleans Saints. You know they'll be able to roll out a red carpet for you. It's also a situation too where we're going to find out real fast if what I think you believe For the lack of better putting words in your mouth, but I think it's a generally wise thing to say that the Washington Commanders now are going to be a hot destination for anybody that wants to win now or win for a long time to join an organization that has changed completely from just two years ago with a generational talented quarterback.
Speaker 4: We'll find out.
Speaker 12: If Miles Garrett could be the first one to be that's the place where I want to go. Let's get me there. We'll see if Cooper cup might do the same thing. And Washington and Detroit are great destinations for Cleveland too because you get him out of the conference.
Speaker 2: But we also talked about this on Monday, and that is Matthew Stafford. Like, if you're the Rams, do you want to kind of privately professionally move on from Matthew Stafford?
Speaker 4: No right now?
Speaker 2: No, No, financially, like you can move on from him?
Speaker 12: Oh my god, like, why would the Rams take a guy who fits perfectly there, loves the area, is great to have around and great to be a face front person in the community, and it's that's just that's just for starters, but is so good at playing quarterback right now and doesn't seem to be defraying at all.
Speaker 1: Blame Albert Breer.
Speaker 12: Don't yell at me, Ron, you know what, I'm going to use you as a vessel then, because it is.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 12: Why would anybody willingly put themselves into the mosh pit right now about the Cooper Cup? That one I might need's thirty one? I guess I don't know. I wouldn't, but I don't know what other plans they have. I don't know what their cap sheeting.
Speaker 2: And I said to Albert Breer, they's seven points away from beating the Eagles.
Speaker 1: I thought they were going to win that game.
Speaker 2: I thought that Stafford would lead them down, score touchdown, kick the extra point. I mean, they're twenty yards away, and we would be talking about the Rams.
Speaker 12: I know, yeah, Network Jalen Carter just blew that thing straight up though that It's crazy how playoff action will always expose to any fissure of a weakness in your team. And you know on occasion in tier past, blocking for the Rams or just protecting their quarterback in general was the problem for them starting one and four. Staying healthy upfront, I mean, jailing Carter blew that thing up. They couldn't block him at the worst possible time. Yeah, so, or didn't block him.
Speaker 2: He's rich Eison NFL Network, Coast and eight and a half hour can confirm, Dan, you can't confirm.
Speaker 1: Eight and a half can confirm? Why? Why not nine?
Speaker 4: Or why not?
Speaker 1: A great question?
Speaker 12: You're halfway there. Let's just either prefer to round down, you know. But yeah, I don't know. It's just you know, it's it's kind of funny how and you can run into people in life and for their big week or their big convention or whatever in their business.
Speaker 4: They're like, this is like my super Bowl. They say.
Speaker 12: I'm like, well, the super Bowl is actually my super Bowl. And so it's eight and a half hours and I'm doing my show every day from here for three hours.
Speaker 4: You're coming by today, So I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Do you have an understudy on NFL Network?
Speaker 4: What what do you mean?
Speaker 12: First, where like they hand out the playbill prior to the show, and today's host by yeah, I'm going to Broadway. Understand, I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I don't want to find out. I guess, but yeah, I know.
Speaker 12: Colleen Wolf is there and co hosts with me along with the I mean they it's wild. They put up on the screen all the people that are going to be on it on a on a graphic and obviously I look at it to see if I have shoulder on somebody or if they're taller than me, and this graphic.
Speaker 4: But that's a me problem. But there's like there's like two dozen of us.
Speaker 2: Do you hate football? No after Sunday? No, no, no, after the pregame show, no.
Speaker 4: No, I miss it.
Speaker 12: Every there's you know this, Dan, I mean, there's nothing beats for what.
Speaker 1: We do, but eight and a half hours.
Speaker 12: I understand that after Like I get excited when the buses leave the hotel like a child. Oh look, mommy, daddy, the wheels on the bus they go round and round, you know, like that's literally that's my day.
Speaker 4: But is a lot in life.
Speaker 2: I'm happy to have We jumped the shark on criticizing the officials or thinking the officials are slanted in one way that the commissioners had to address this, you got the you know, the referees have had to address this like we're overly critical, we think that they're somehow rigged and could there be more transparency?
Speaker 1: Would be what what I would ask, what are you looking for?
Speaker 2: Like to officials pull reporter like after the Saints Rams game a couple of years ago. Yeah, I need I need full transparency there. I think that's only fair. And as we get deeper and deeper into gambling, I think we got to have you got to have that transparency so it doesn't feel like there's a wizard of Oz.
Speaker 13: You know, don't look behind the curtain here. I just don't know how a wizard of Oz would work. That's the whole thing, you know, how how would that work? Who makes the decision in what room? And how is it communicated to a vast No? But they should never available though, rich like the.
Speaker 12: The officials after the game of the press conference or something.
Speaker 1: I think that that let's say it's in the playoffs. Is that asking you?
Speaker 12: I think the transparency that you might be looking for is something that I do believe they do in the spring leagues which is you.
Speaker 4: Listen in on the conversation.
Speaker 12: I like that as the officials at you know, headquarters and at the facility are talking about it, so you actually hear it, and so you know who might be personally responsible to say. I don't I can't tell if that's a first down or not by Josh Allen. I just think that, you know, when if they do put a chip in the football, and they do have lasers, I want rest with frickin lasers on their head, you know, and you figure out that the NF millimeter where to spot spot the football, there will always be people who owns the chip, who owns the chip company, Take a look at who owns the chip company? Who once went to school with Robert Kraft's great grants on?
Speaker 4: You know, And then all of.
Speaker 12: A sudden, it's like that Jiff you know that you see from on every conspiracy tinfoil hat site.
Speaker 4: You know. So I don't know where it ends or where it begins.
Speaker 12: I know, I'm accused of being a company man when it comes to that, I don't care because I just definitely know there's no chance that somebody is sitting there or for instance, in the NFC Championship game on the take on. Okay, I hope, I hope Drew Brees throws it in my direction. Please have him throw it in my direction, because there's no way I'm calling pass interferance.
Speaker 4: If there's anything close to contact.
Speaker 1: In this very even helmet to helmet.
Speaker 12: Now, this is going to be a great time for me to make sure I get that money. I just don't know how that happens. I know there are gamblers out there who would be sitting there thinking I'm completely naive. I just know how hard and you know it too. And that's why Travis Kelsey said this week, you know, and he was asked in his media session, do you have a question for the for the press? And his answer was, yet, why are you puffing this story up? Because you know how hard I work? You should, as a professional, know how hard we all work, how long it takes to get to this point for a third straight year. My god, and you're thinking that there's some zebra out there putting their thumbprint on it.
Speaker 4: I just know that it was.
Speaker 12: It's just the same thing that we were talking about with the Patriots dynasty. It's the same thing we're going to talk about with the next dynasty.
Speaker 1: But I'm kidding. But however, we'll call however, I get it.
Speaker 12: I totally hear you, man, I had again. Bill Burr was on my show last week. He is adamant that there's somebody in the NFL that's massaging things is He says, he doesn't think he's fixing it, massaging it for the Chiefs. And trust me, when Luca got traded this week, I got a very similar text from him, basically saying, the NBA's massaging that because the Lakers need to get puffed up, you know, and and he is a you know, a diehard sports he needs to get a life. Well, listen, I just think it is. I don't I shouldn't say this about him because I don't know if he gambles, but just anybody who gambles, I think does have a serious thought about This is too easy. That it's happening over and over and over again for the Chiefs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, the NFL doesn't want to go out of their way to say, oh, we want the best team in football to be in Kansas City. It doesn't. None of it makes any sense there. And we like the Chiefs because they finally rid us of the New England Patriots like thank God, and then all of a sudden we got tired of the Chiefs. Now we can't wait, Like who would have thought, Hey, I can't root for the Chiefs. I'm rooting for the Eagles.
Speaker 1: Dan.
Speaker 12: I spent a night of my life in January rooting for Notre Dame. Okay, so I can understand what the heck is going on in this world that strange bedfellows can be made.
Speaker 1: I spent a night so Notre Dame, and I got nothing for it.
Speaker 4: I got nothing for it.
Speaker 2: All right, Before I let you go thirty seconds, who would benefit more legacy wise, Andy Reid or Patrick Mahomes with another Super Bowl?
Speaker 12: I think Mahomes because you know, Andy Reid is already on a certain metrics above Bill Belichick statistically, statistically, and I know this would make Andy Reid three and three in Super Bowls and always only a five hundred coach in Super Bowls. But Mahomes is chasing Tom Brady and he can run him down. He's already run him down as the best quarterback as a twenty year old, and he's got a long way to go even if he wins on Sunday. He's halfway there, to use the bon Jovi phrase, so he is one hundred percent on a path. Could you imagine if Brady lost to him in twenty twenty where we would be right in in terms of this conversation. So Brady win over him just helped keep him at a distance. But he's he has an opportunity to get there, so I would go with mine.
Speaker 2: He's rich eysonn NFL Network Coast. It's only eight and a half hours. It started three three seconds agree game coverage the Richeison Show on Roku. I'll be on there a little later on this morning, well this afternoon. Yeah, I look forward to Thanks for coming by, Richie. Richie, all right, we'll take a break out our play the day up next here on The Dan Patrick Show. Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine until noon eastern six to nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio, and you can find us on the iHeartRadio app at FSR or stream us live on the Peacock app.
Speaker 14: M Oh my God, Play of the Day.
Speaker 2: This is the play of the day.
Speaker 7: Check this out.
Speaker 1: Nine point five seconds to go, Witch it out. Topnounce it a deep three. It's good with six point nine cuts to lead to one rockets in.
Speaker 13: About it, turn it over, Net's to stay a rustle of three?
Speaker 1: Good, right boy, Let's take the lease. WHOA.
Speaker 2: That's courtesy of WFAM the Nets Radio Network.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: The Net's the first team to hit two three pointers, including the game winner in the final nine seconds of regulation since the Wizards did it in a win against Brooklyn in twenty twenty one. That is your play of the day. Play of the Day brought to you by the Pros. Don't have the right team in place. Express Employment Professionals can help from contract placements to full time hires. They've got you covered. Visit expresspros dot com today. Let them handle your hiring so you can focus on growing your business. You know, it's interesting with the trade deadline, all the talk about those who have been traded. Kevin Durant may be traded, Bradley Beal won't waive, is no trade? Lebron's probably going to stay in LA and Jimmy Butler is still in Miami. How is that possible?
Speaker 5: That?
Speaker 2: And maybe, I mean he's the odds on favor to be traded before the trade deadline tomorrow. But you would think that would have been the guy who had started all of this. And then I was told yesterday that Luca being traded. There's a domino effect that this person said, you know, keep an eye on that that there will be other players who will be traded. But Kevin Durant probably the biggest name, and maybe he could go back to Golden State.
Speaker 1: Yes, Marvin.
Speaker 3: So, Kevin Durant goes to another team when he retires? How many jerseys? How many teams will retire his jersey?
Speaker 1: Oklahoma City, Golden State?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I think that's it.
Speaker 3: So you may have played for five teams and only get a jersey retired by two, Okay, I feel like a journeyman almost.
Speaker 2: Okay, But who has the most jerseys retired as a Hall of Famer? I'm gonna say will three teams? Okay, Maybe we can check and see if somebody played for four got four retired.
Speaker 3: But that's a lot, right, You got to at least have something memorable happened while you were there in four different franchises.
Speaker 4: I doubt that happened. That's a lot, Yeah, Paul, I have it.
Speaker 6: Wilt Chamberlain, three jerseys, retired Warriors, seventy six Ers, Lakers, Pete Marrivitch, Hawks, Jazz Pelicans. Oddly, I guess they shoehorn that in Kareem adul Jabbar two box, Lakers, Clyde Drexer two.
Speaker 4: Clyde got one with the Rockets.
Speaker 7: How about that?
Speaker 4: And there's a bunch of people at too.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, wait, will played with Philadelphia and then then the Warriors at Golden State, but then also with the Lakers. Correct, Okay, go ahead, Todd, you have your suggestion for the New Orleans Super Bowl. Of what you would suggest, I think they should.
Speaker 10: Call each period of the Super Bowl, since it's here in New Orleans, the French Quarters.
Speaker 7: Each fifteen minute period just called the French Quarters.
Speaker 4: You can have a little fun with it, Okay, if we.
Speaker 10: Could do a Nickelodeon little cartoon animated football players.
Speaker 1: You know, this seems right, but that's not on the main network.
Speaker 4: We're gonna do in.
Speaker 10: GENI if we're gonna try all these little cute fun things French Quarters.
Speaker 2: All right, it's just after the third email that you say, hey, you know, then I just thought I would at least I get in patients. I know, I know, I'm trying to run a show. Here you do, and you're doing a very good time. Thank you Ton to come out on that. By the way, if this is in or out, I'm out. Oh oh, okay on French quarters in or out that they're called French quarters during the here's the problem. It's the first quarter, second quarter, third quarter, fourth quarter. You can't go, hey, they're just all called French quarters.
Speaker 10: I don't even have to the broadest, don't have to say French quarters. It's just a little graphic. You could even put it in parenthesis, just in purple. After the explanation, I'm out falling.
Speaker 6: I'm in with a little French before quarter, but they don't put that on the screen, so I'm out.
Speaker 1: Actually okay, as the first time for everything, yeah, thank you Tom.
Speaker 10: It was a time where the didn't have the yellow line showing you with the first time really, so French quarters just because I haven't been done before.
Speaker 7: This is an campigi.
Speaker 1: Can you update the poll results Seeton please? Ken?
Speaker 9: Who would you rather play four slash with Lebron and the Lakers, Kyrie and the MAVs. Believe it or not, it's fifty to fifty.
Speaker 1: How about that? Mikey Okay, all right, I'm a little surprised. I think it's gonna swing one way or the other, but right now it is right down the middle.
Speaker 2: Sound pal Antonio will join us coming up next hour. Also Jim Harbaugh in the final hour of the program, and Chris Haynes are good buddy, NBA Insider get his thoughts on what happens today and tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Yes, Paul, I have me hearing.
Speaker 6: Some things from scuttle butt Dan yesterday on Radio Row. Talk to a guy from Ireland, which is always fun. They're almost expecting an NFL game in Ireland next year. Now, I don't know that's not breaking news? Is this sources close to you? There's a guy with the Irish Times who I spoke to, Okay, he said they're in an expectant mode and think it's going to be the Steelers because of the Rooney's connection to Ireland. So it wouldn't be like a Jaguars game over there for their first game in Ireland. Yeah, I could you though, as early as this week I'm hearing not that they're going to play there, but they are going to announce it. That'd be awkward.
Speaker 2: And the Chiefs and the Eagles on Sunday, the Steelers and the Packers on Saturday from Dublin.
Speaker 9: Yes, I feel like that's a little lame. I love going Ireland. I love Ireland. I feel like it's a little lame if all of a sudden the NFL is like, oh, oh college football did again. We were doing one too. You guys play on Christmas?
Speaker 4: Here?
Speaker 1: Will we play on Christmas?
Speaker 4: Two?
Speaker 9: You guys, I don't know, Man, get your own ideas against the grain. Yeah, they don't have to. Oh, you guys are playing that. We're going to do that too.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Man, you guys are the NFL. It's the NFL.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: It's it's like big, big corporations, Fortune five hundred company.
Speaker 1: We thought of that idea. Actually, that was our idea first.
Speaker 4: Yes, Tom, you could be the best at something.
Speaker 7: You have to be a bully about it. There are a lot of people that are best, but they don't shove it in everyone's face.
Speaker 2: Todd Fritz calls out NFL cover of USA Today Sports. Yes, it will be all right. One hour of the books, two more to go. It's a meet Wednesday. Quite a menu here. South Palantonio will join us. Coming up in a little bit back after this