Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: As the Cleveland Brown quarterback competition progresses into mandatory mini camps, Shador Sanders has often found themselves practicing with the backups while team other passes Placo Picket and Dylan Gabriel have received first team reps. Shador said he's unbothered by practice reps instead of looking to take advantage of every opportunity to give.
Speaker 3: Life is just based on how you view different things.
Speaker 2: So you can view things if you're not getting reps in a negative way, or you can view it as Okay, it's my time to get out there.
Speaker 3: Let's be proactive and let's get warm. Let's get going.
Speaker 2: So there's no excuses because when you get out there, nobody cares how many reps you got whenever you got in the game. Nobody cares if you took a snap before. Everybody cares about production. So that's the main thing. When you get out out there, you got to be able to produce. Oh Joe, see I love this response. See now you got me questioning whether or not he was unprepared when he came to those meetings.
Speaker 3: I think y'all tried to salt that man up.
Speaker 2: I've only heard responses like this all the press conference.
Speaker 3: Yeah he had.
Speaker 2: I mean when he was in college, you know, he was a little facetious at times. But I did never I never got the inclination that he was unprepared. If the one thing that he was going to be, it's prepared. His father prepared him. He understands his dad. Although he didn't play quarterback, he understood what comes along with playing the quarterback.
Speaker 3: Right. I just I love the way he's answered the answered that question.
Speaker 4: He's answering the questions perfectly.
Speaker 5: And the funny thing about it that you know I got I got a couple of young bulls out there. You know I told the Denzel Award. You know I told some but let me sham I say the name. But anyway, I didn't talk to some people. He looked there's a difference when that young buller is out there spinning that ball. Yeah me difference I'm talking about. I'm talking about football. I ain't talking about no media and all that, all that hoopla and all them you know on Twitter, they putting up the numbers something people ten for twelve or two touchdown. I'm talking about when he's at the Ham. He looks different. Whether he's going with the first team, second team or third team. It don't matter. You know, I understand getting drafted in the fifth round, all that means nothing. When it's time to play football and that whistle blows, he looks different than the rest of the competition. That's that's what I heard. And I'm talking about I'm talking from from from a not brother water. I'm just talking about from sources that's in that room, that's on that field, that's playing the sport.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: Come on, man, I just say something that I can relate to. Yeah, you can't relate to this.
Speaker 2: You a second round draft pick, so you was probably at worst case scenario was running with the second the two's as soon as you stepped foot in the camp, it's somebody. But it's somebody that was a seventh round draft pick in that was with the third, fourth, fifteen, the last guy to get a rep. Some days, Oh, yoll I get one rep? What I get one rep? That's all I got? Yes, that's it? Oh that's it?
Speaker 4: Or I would have cut up. Well you got me, man.
Speaker 2: I just I just remember having a conversation with my brother. My brother would tell me and say, man, how it's going I susplained, man, I ain't man, they ain't gonna dang. I got like one rep. I got like two reps. I didn't even get in today. He said, don't worry about that. He said, one day, John Elwig gonna call on you. Yes, sir, just make sure when he called on you, you answer. Just make sure you're supposed you where you're supposed to be when you're supposed to be there. That's all they told me. He said, A man, they messing over you. He never said, hey, you know what you can do. Now, you're gonna get your opportunity. It's gonna come. Yeah, and when it comes, swo. I was with the threes swollen, but surely I was with the two's. Hey now all of a sudden, hey, shark, get in there. I'm in the slot, but I'm running with the ones. Okay, yeah, okay, So make the team mainly special teams. But you know, hey, they called it want somebody if we ran them all a bunch. So you know, I'm big receiver. I'm blocking, you know, hey, it didn't matter. I'm blocking forcher Ronnie Lott, you know, Eddie Anderson, all them big time, big time hitters. But that's the only thing that my brother told me. He didn't tell me they messing over me.
Speaker 3: He didn't say.
Speaker 2: All he said is like, you know what, John there, We're gonna call your number one day.
Speaker 3: Just make sure your answer. And I was like, you know, I would go, I would go ask John, man, what can I do better?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: I just I just want to be I just want to be like when you when you call them, I want to be there. He's like, hey, just.
Speaker 2: Make sure you get your head around, make sure you get your depth on your routes, blah blah blah. You know we run certain drills. He's like, hey, I like that. I like that effort slowly but surely, so if I could give I can't give you no advice how to play the quarterback position, but I say just keep doing that. Yeah, just keep just keep doing what you're doing. That's all you gotta do. And people like, man, you always turned it in. I said, No, What I try to do is that in situations, what Ocho or now we try to do is that if we've been in those situations before, we can tell you how we handle it. We can get go inside because you're talking to people that was in the huddle, not somebody I didn't cover the game. I cover the game now, But you're talking about somebody that was in the huddle. Know what it's like on fourth and three. That's know what it's like when it's first in gold and you're down six. So I ain't tell you what somebody told me to say.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you through firsthand knowledge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, first hand knowledge, being in the locker room, being in those meeting rooms. I love what your door said. I love the way he's handling it. I don't know when that time is gonna come on, yo. Yeah, because the man say you don't know when I'm coming. He said, you better make sure you be right when I return. Sure, Door doesn't know when the opportunity will present itself.
Speaker 4: He gonna be ready. Hey, I want to get back to this one rep man.
Speaker 5: Now that that's that stuck with me out of everything you never said, because but they about to raise Hell.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, I'm a seventh a round draft pick. I'm a body Oh ship, Okay, my bad ain't no.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: If I was the first round draft pick and I ain't getting but one REP or second round draft pick yet, I will I will have some issues too. But I'm a seventh round draft pick. And you know the thing is with me, I played well, I played, I played. I was the Z receiver.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So now you know, oh Joe, you coming to the rookie. You see you slot you X they throw you in a couple of players the type role. Can I learn? Let me learn one thing? Right, come on now, let me let me let me. I'm trying to write cursive and you try to get me to do triggonometry.
Speaker 2: Huh man, one rep, two reps? Show, that's all. I we out there for two hours.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: He everybody else getting called to get in there. Hey, turn to get in there. Johnson, get in there, y'all get in there. Everybody get in there. Last play Sharp, get in that disease man, listen. Huh, let me tell you something. Let me take that back. It was called It was not called to Z. It was called the wing.
Speaker 3: Right sharp, you at the wing?
Speaker 5: Hey, huh, you gotta think. And twos man TJ was on here with us. Remember he told you, Yeah, I take I was taking scout. I'm talking about two thousand and five, two thousand and six. I'm talking about my whole career. I ran our place, and I ran scout team, right, I'm I would purposely the gun on special teams. I would purposely go on special teams just to keep myself running through the whole practice. And I purposely took the scout team whoever the number one receiver based on who we're playing. Let's say we're playing the jag you know, we're playing the Jags. I'm Jimmy Smith on the scout team, and I'm taking every rep because now I get to work with the number one dB on our team and gave him good work so he'd be ready for Jimmy or keeping Keeny mccarr there on.
Speaker 4: Sunday yep, And I'm man Marvin and.
Speaker 5: You Jackson would have to pull me the f out of practice.
Speaker 2: But you know, training camp, it ain't really no scout team. It's one versus one one. Yes, you don't get you don't really get to the scout team until like that first preseason game because now, okay, offense, you going against the twos, uh, defense going against the two offense, things like that. And then obviously when you get to the regular season, the scout team you know, go to get given that. So yeah, now once once the regular season came Yeah, I was, I was that's me. I follow the ball right. Whoever had been that best receiver? It was Tim Brown. I'm Tim Brown, I'm him Brown, Old Timmy Man. Rod Smith came in. He said, Man, he was walking right across from mind, and he every day he absorbed everything of everybody that was another offense that I've ever been around. Rod Smith probably was probably my greatest student because he absorbed everything. He said, Man, I just want to said, he said, Man, I want I want that. I said, what you what he said, Man, the way crowd cheer you, the way everybody respects you.
Speaker 3: He said, I want that. I said, tell you what, when.
Speaker 2: The scout team come, whoever the best receiver is, you get that jersey.
Speaker 3: I don't care if your ex, I don't care if you'r Z.
Speaker 2: You get that jersey, and you go out there when they say hey, man's look, you bust their ass.
Speaker 3: I like that question. Man.
Speaker 2: The first time Fudds got in the game, we played Washington Endeavor three by one. We down hold React He's an ex receiver. They put it into a side by him filth by hisself. He got Darren Green matched up on it. John throw in the football. He jump over with Drren Green and catch it. We win the game. Oh right, lady, Yeah, yeah, I talked to fust Of all the time. Yeah, yeah, we ate him. You know, I still it's a few guys I stay in touch with a lot. Obviously, Burns, I talked to the house who's about backup tight end Chock Eye with another backup tight end Foots.
Speaker 3: But you know, it's a few guys I still keep in touch with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's what I tell guys, and a lot of you know, they say there are a conspiracy theory circling that Cleveland trying to force the early piace. Yeah, they're gonna do everything they possibly can because they draft.
Speaker 3: They don't want to look bad. Oh Joe, if I.
Speaker 2: Draft Gilan Gabriel, how did I drafted shru Door and your door out playing? But they we looked bad. If he gets in there, I signed the Knny Pickett as a free agent. If he gets in there, he out played for Borns Kenny Picktt. That makes me look bad. So I'm going through give these guys every opportunity to succeed because I don't want you all to make me look bad. So you can say, oh yeah, we didn't have this grade on him. The matter the grade, because at the end of the day, you gotta play. You can give that guy a plus or B whatever the case may be. But when we get in there, yeah, something got.
Speaker 4: To give, all right, but him some good days Bay.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh yes, but I love I love the way your door answered the question. It's like, look, first team, secondeen thirteen, when they call my name, I'll be ready because they're don't nobody care, didn't nobody care the a all the tight ends got hurt, and they putting a seventh round draft pick in there from Savanna State.
Speaker 3: Any nobody care, no about that.
Speaker 2: All the song was number eighty one, sharp man, that's Sterling's brother. I wonder if he's as good as his brother. Hell, if I was, they better had to take it. They took me to the seventh round, and I'm just as good as my brother. Somebody do some poor a scouting, But I thought I was. Oh Joe, you couldn't tell that I wasn't as good as my brother. I'm on all his records. I did everything that he did, everything he did now, but he more physically like I was more talented.
Speaker 3: Right. He was a harder worker. Right. So once I got to college, I was like, man, sh.
Speaker 2: I'm like, man, scouts say't really come because he was telling me, Man, we had all the scouts from every team I think the title of like twenty eighteen, twenty seventeen.
Speaker 3: Every scout was here today.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, y'all having scouts Like now we have no scouts down here.
Speaker 3: So I know the opportunity.
Speaker 2: So I got to I got to do something to make the scouts come, right, that's it should do.
Speaker 3: Or keep doing what you're doing, bro, I love it.
Speaker 2: I know you're not your your dad dealing with a little some health problems right now, but you've gone through it versus before when you did Jackson State and your dad had that had those blood clots. You built for this. You are absolutely one thousand percent built for this. Head up, prayed up, Stay up.
Speaker 3: So o. Joe Pooka Lakoua is an ig name.
Speaker 2: Pooka is dead because his mom discovered that he had Instagram in the eighth grade and changed the name. My mom eighth grade. In my eighth grade year, didn't know I had Instagram. My mom found my Instagram, my gin changed it. She made it Pooker is dead to let me know I was in trouble. What is the most memorable time you got caught, Ojoe.
Speaker 4: Oh Man, Listen.
Speaker 5: Honestly, I don't know if I told the story and the most memberable time I got caught if it had nothing to do with obviously, back then I was, I was young, is man. I had to nerve my grandma and my grandfather. They done went to church, and I had the nerve to pull that goddamn car. I had the nerve to pull one of their cars out the driveway. You know, we had an old steel fence back in the day, the old steel fence that just that slide back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let it open and.
Speaker 4: Put the car reverse.
Speaker 5: I'll never forget it was a five hundred five hundred bins but it was Diesel.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, okay, okay, old school.
Speaker 5: I done pulled the goddamn car out the driveway backwards, and don't know how to drive, and don't know how to differentiate how far I am from the rift, from the from the rails, man and court the goddamn right fender on the on the on the rail, trying to get out. So I'm looking, well, if I if I just keep going. It's gonna loose to itself, the whole. I'm off the whole right front, bump off. Un Man, let me tell them people came home from church. But I ain't never got out like.
Speaker 4: That ever again.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, never got wore out like that ever again. Never had a whooping like that ever from both of them, never again.
Speaker 4: Mind how y'all coming from church, but y'all beat me like the devil.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, we are. We already we are done, told the Lord forgive us for our said. We already know we were gonna do something.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I would never I will never forget that day ever.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, man, But you know what, out Joe, them old people didn't play man.
Speaker 3: Uh huh. They didn't play.
Speaker 2: Mind boy like I said the bast The worst whooping I ever got from my grandfather is that we were going fishing. All of my cousins had done came down. We was going fishing. My Grandma's gonna get off. My grandma wore from seven to three. So by the time my sister go get a Noble wasn't driving then she was driving, but she did have I don't think she had license. Dear my aunt, I think it might have been gladdest, might have been gladest of Papa might have wouldn't pick the up. But anyway, all my cousins arn't Eugene lande uh me, Spanky.
Speaker 3: We all gonna go fishing. It's it's we're the oldest.
Speaker 2: We're the oldest grands so we always gon we're gonna go fishing that Saturday. Grant ain't getting no baits, everybody. Oh Joe, I done got me a milk cause I already know we going fishing. You know that was our thing Saturday. I done got a milk jug, done cut it half it too. Hey, there got me some good old wet dirt. I'm down there in the ditch. I'm digging them jumping jacks, losing, you know, red wigglers, whatever y'all want to call it. If you're from the southe you go fishing, you know, by baby. Oh Joe, oh yo, I'm telling you, I got it, Oh Joe. When I say I got them baits, I got him. I'm talking about if you went to the store as many bas I had, that probably cost you three dollars. Three dollars in nineteen e seventy five seventy six, was a lot of damn money. Yes, sir, So, Louisiana pinks cost you the most money. They were long, long base, and like I said, if you go fishing, you know what I'm talking about. Louisiana Pink's they had regular wiglers, jumping jack, knight fall, whatever you want to call them. You get crikets, you can get sawr worms, you get a what was the mother counter. But we fished with you know, we go find the old rotten stump and we get those drug worms out of there. We fish you with those twoards us. So you know me, So I done got my thing. Everybody. You know, my brother and them they got a little better. They they ain't got like I got cause I got him. Cause you know me, o Chargers, I'm the youngest. I gotta have a post right.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Papa bought me a cane pole, got me a cane pole for a quarter.
Speaker 3: Your boy could Ah, I'm good, can't keep.
Speaker 4: You know what I said.
Speaker 3: I don't, y'all. I pull a bed. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: So we get to the lake. We ride in the back of the truck. We got out. My cousin them jump out. They they just got it gone. Shallna give me your babes mm hmm. Nah, Grant ain't gonna be do that. Mm hmm, you don't.
Speaker 3: She didn't want to get me. She's like, she's like, boy, give me them baths.
Speaker 2: I said no, Granny Barney, Yeah, that boy won't give me them baits.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 2: Nah, Barnie. I told him, I told him to give you them baths. He said no, he wouldn't give them to me. Oh Joe, I don't know what possessed me to say no.
Speaker 3: To this day. Wait.
Speaker 2: Why she wanted you base though she didn't have any and she is still instead of instead of like taking something from my cousin's them, she wanted mine.
Speaker 3: Because I was the youngest. I couldn't have been no more than right.
Speaker 1: But man, man, you beat me so bad, Joe, Oh Joe, I didn't even want to fish, no more.
Speaker 3: Better outside the back of the truck.
Speaker 2: I don't even want to fi, I started, Oh Joe, because I used to get mad. I was a poor spot. I used to get mad like my brother make me mad. Hey, I start throwing rocks in the water. Boy, my grandma boycatter, Yeah, one stopped talk. I'll be talking. My grandmother boy stopped talking. You gonna scare the fish away. I can't hear that underwater. I can't hear nothing in the water. I can they hear man, I get mad man. Oh Joe, that jn beat me so bad, Joe, oh jo aldy alrighty fish.
Speaker 4: But that's classic.
Speaker 2: But you know them they didn't play back there. They busshell out you. I was surprised. It really surprised me that I said no and she didn't do nothing, because my grandma didn't play either. My grandma get close to you and hit you dad in your mouth.
Speaker 5: Quick, quick, creak, backhand. I'll never forget that backhand.
Speaker 2: Oh yo. You know if you got a fire square foot, I mean the HoTT ain't but so big. My grandma be a mess. Frank can be in the living room and granted, be in the kitchen cook it and I will say something and grat to say.
Speaker 3: I show wish I was close to that boy so I could hit him in his mouth. Hm. You know a and what got you in trouble? Oh yo? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think Jamaicans and Caribbean people call it kissing your teeth. We call it sucking your teeth.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Grandma, I ged him.
Speaker 4: I need something all right, all right, you play play.
Speaker 5: If you want to and stopping it, boy, dude, take you and you better not slam my goddamn though. Oh hey, when I sit back and think about it, man, I think about all the all the times I've gotten gotten in trouble, all the times I've gotten beaten. But I do anything, my God, I swear for God, I do anything to hear my mama curse.
Speaker 4: Me out one more time.
Speaker 5: And I do I do anything to hear my grandma say chatty, to have her scream chatty real loud right when them light when them when them light poles come on out there in Liberty sitting when they come on, and she would scream my name just to make sure I'm in the area, to.
Speaker 3: Let you know it.
Speaker 4: Well, I do anything to hear it, just to have them teemok us.
Speaker 2: Again, you don't think about it at the time, oh Joe, that you're gonna miss those moments you just like man, I can't wait to get grown and get away from here. I'm tired of all this yelling, and I'm tired of all this screaming. I'm tired of all these ass cuttings. I just hey, and I didn't get a whole lot because I was the youngest. I didn't get a whole I didn't get, but the ones there's sometimes I got.
Speaker 3: Somebody didn't think I deserved. I deserved them.
Speaker 2: Not looking back at it, but you know when you you five, six, seven years old, you're think you deserve boy, I please, and uh but you like, like I said, oh Joe, it took all that. It took all of that to to to get us to where we needed to go, because that's what they say. There's no doubt in my mind. My grandmother didn't know me and my brother was gonna turn out to be professional athletes and accomplished what all I knew. I don't think my grandmother and we didn't want that. My grandmother dropped out of school in like the second grade. Grandfathers dropped out of the second grade. School wasn't big on them, you know, like, son, just don't be no dummy. Yeah, okay, that wasn't gonna take much. But I looked back at that time and then me and Spanky, my brother, we get on the phone and we just talked about that. Said, man, you remember that? Do I remember it? He's like, man, you remember everything? Is that any Did you forget anything? I was like, Nah, not really, not really because we just him and I. Yeah, just him and I. And like you said, oh, Joe, I don't know if I want to go back because that was hell back then.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was hell.
Speaker 2: Uh the limited resources that we had. We had love, but food was on short supply. You know, love was in abundance. We you know, boy, I would who but I would give anything for my grandfather and my dad to actually physically I know the spirit o Joe. I know they saw, but the physically see what me and my brother became. Just one game, my granda, have my dad, my grandfather there, Have my dad on the sideline, Have my dad come in the locker room, have popa see see.
Speaker 3: What we became.
Speaker 2: Because I remember one night, it was probably about nineteen seventy probably about nineteen seventy five, might have been early, might have been seventy four. Like I said, I slept with Granny Spanky s level Papa. Spanky slept on the back of Papa. I slept on the back of Granny and they were talking. It had to be about two o'clock in the morning. And I remember, like yesterday he was like Mary.
Speaker 3: She was speaking. He's like, yeah, Barney, he said.
Speaker 2: He said, Mary, i'm'll probably be dead and gone, but them two little fellas gonna make something.
Speaker 5: Mm hm.
Speaker 2: She said, yeah, barn and they they so smart. There's some good fellas. They they ain't like our boys.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: He said, yeah, Mayor I'll probably be dead and gone. He said, but that little one, he said, that little one don't forget nothing.
Speaker 3: Mary. You're talking about me, Yeah, and I did. I hung everything.
Speaker 2: My grandfather said everything, my grandfather, my grandfather, my grandmother. You know back then, oh Joe Day, by the back of your head, come you know, just right down there, Hey, come on, come on boy.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, they didn't. I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't remember my grandfather. My grandfather died in seventy seven, so I was almost nine. I was eight years old. I was about to be nine. He died in February. I have been nine that June. I don't think my grandfather. They would call me my name. It was always boy's son, boy boy to. I mean that's what that's what old people called you. Then they didn't call you your name. Hey boy, come here, hey son, come get this, Hey Libby, where them boys? At Okay, take these to the boys. I missed that. I missed that. Granny got an opportunity to see it. You know, she came. She came to my last my last game in Samanna State. She got an opportunity to witness.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: She came to my college graduation. She came to my high school graduation. She got a witness a lot of faiths. Obviously, my mom is still alive, So my mom got to go to everything. But if I could, just my dad and my grandfather, Barney Porter, my dad, my grandfather, he was a lie.
Speaker 3: I think he saw Yeah.
Speaker 2: He died in ninety No no, no, no, no, he died before the and he died when I went to college. Yeah, because I remember the last time I saw him alive. I ended up taking my UH. I took my girlfriend from college up there Threesville. There was some times on Joe you won't catch Joe flack On dancing on TikTok anytime soon, flat On chime down on players getting on TikTok and doing dance moves, saying no TikTok dances. This generation, the fact that people want to get out their phone to show people like that's embarrassing.
Speaker 3: You're an adult like be an a dog.
Speaker 2: I can't wrap my head around that well till you you big into TikTok.
Speaker 5: Don't you now my kid? My kids are? My kids are huge. My kids are huge on TikTok I have. I have a TikTok uh I don't know how to work it. So all I do is I use TikTok as if it's a GQ magazine, Right, that's it. It's literally, a matter of fact, a chat me and everybody in the chat follow my TikTok. Matter of fact, let me type it in the chat, and y'all follow my y'all follow my TikTok because I don't know how to work it.
Speaker 3: Well, what it's gonna do it? If you don't know how to work it, what does it follow you for?
Speaker 4: Because I just post pictures and be fly.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 4: I just post pictures and be fly.
Speaker 3: Aren't you supposed to do something on TikTok.
Speaker 5: It's supposed to be like some video, but I don't know how to work it. People know how to edit and do all I don't know how to do all that stuff. I don't know how to do.
Speaker 2: All that ash wants to know who is a bigger curmudgeon, flack O or Shannon.
Speaker 4: A bigger who?
Speaker 3: What was the word curmudgeon? What do that mean? Huh?
Speaker 4: What curmudgeon means?
Speaker 2: That's good. I can't tell you. We're gonna ask you to spell it next time. A cranky, grouchy me.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, no, black of flack of flack of old head. Now he how old flack o forty? Yeah, you know flack o And he not. He not with that, He ain't with that.
Speaker 4: Understandable though understandable.
Speaker 3: Oh oh.
Speaker 2: Joe Kiya White kept it short and sweet on the big difference between the Patriots this season. He said, now I feel like I have a coach.
Speaker 3: Who what? But what that? What that I mean? What?
Speaker 4: What's that supposed to mean?
Speaker 2: You dating somebody? And she said, now I feel like I got a man in my life. And the last person she dated was you. What that's supposed to mean?
Speaker 3: Ship?
Speaker 2: The same thing if you said, hey, now I got Now I feel like I got somebody that hears me. I got somebody that listened to. I got somebody that that's my best be'st that got your boy?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 4: I don't, I don't like that.
Speaker 3: Listen, I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I don't. I don't like what brother Butro but Butter Dion said. I don't like.
Speaker 3: What's white white.
Speaker 4: Hey, I don't mean to be rude.
Speaker 5: Hey man now, man now man, I mean, I don't that's that's that's called.
Speaker 2: I don't know what he meant because I don't like the speculator on Joe. But you know how it's going to be perceived, right, I.
Speaker 4: Know it's gonna be perceived, you know.
Speaker 5: But I know when it comes to on field play, you know, sometimes it's okay. Sometimes you know, you have coaches that elevate your players play, and you have players regardless of who your coach is, you do what gotta be done with you in between them lines, there's two different types of players.
Speaker 3: Like you might have to talk.
Speaker 5: About quarterbacks need a supporting cast and in their quarterbacks that can elevate the people around them.
Speaker 4: Now, which player are you now?
Speaker 5: Depending on who the depending on the player that you are, you know, who's coaching you really don't matter because you're gonna have an your business anyway.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't, I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't like them worries though, I don't. I don't like like that.
Speaker 3: Uh. I was always a guy O Joe. I never wanted somebody to lose their job on my watch.
Speaker 5: Nah, but shoot if if, if I'm responsible, boy, you're gonna work forever.
Speaker 2: Stefan Diggs had high praise for Mike Brabel, saying I can tell he was a part of championship teams. I'm a huge fan of him. I can't wait to play for him. He got that edch like you want to run through a wall for him. Look when he was at Tennessee. All the guys love playing some some coaches, don't shoe you love playing for It's really that simple.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you just love playing for.
Speaker 4: You just do Yeah, Hey, and you know what, what's funny? If you can look at the inn.
Speaker 5: I'm not even playing no more. And I could tell you the coaches. I'll probably run through a wall for right now. Sean McVay, Shanahan yep. Mike Tomlin yep, He Carrol yep, Brother Vabel Rabel, break Mike, Mike, I'm trying.
Speaker 3: You did I did? He's the Steelers first. He was at the Steelers first.
Speaker 4: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 5: He show was, The show was a still at first. I mean, that's that's just that's that's five players. I'm talking about players, coaches, players, coaches that can that can can relate to you and understand exactly what you're going through.
Speaker 3: Around the game.
Speaker 2: Definitely be one of my favorite. He'd probably be the first coach Andy Reid.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh you know you know who I left off? God Damn Dan Campbell.
Speaker 3: Boy, Oh yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: He might keep it key to geeked, though, I say'd be geeked all the way through the week.
Speaker 5: O Joe, listen, listen, boy, I couldn't play for that Lion's team right now.
Speaker 4: I got my coach talking ship too.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, ain't no telling, oh Joe. Yeah, we're in the clear.
Speaker 2: Nikki saw her apology and she tweeted, lo o l Well we got a funny little rap bar of it. Thank you, Shannon, because I was like, what I've done? I did now, Uh you never cleaned it up with the barb, so we had so I had to avenge them. Oh Yoe. You know, it's a whole of love for life. But you know you laugh when I heard it.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm. You know, listen, that's a friend of mine, been in front of mine for a very long time. Obviously, that whole young money side. But I'm glad, I'm glad things are sorted out. I'm glad things are sort out now. This is a step in the right direction. Yeah, and hoping. And then I'm gonna tell you I listened said that word in the cist like getting her to come on, come on, come on on home clubs say say you have a nice sit down, hash out your differences, talk about everything she has going on.
Speaker 2: And I think, Nikki, when you have an album dropping, come on, come on, sit on down. Yeah, everybody normally people to have projects coming out, we come, sit down, we talk about it.
Speaker 3: You get to tell your story without interruptions.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I like it.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 4: That's done.
Speaker 2: I like that. A guy posted a video with the caption when it's your first time getting a section in the club.
Speaker 3: But the math at Mathing watch this video with your prices.
Speaker 4: Oh, he comparing the price.
Speaker 3: So he's praying the price.
Speaker 2: He playing the price, Like, Okay, if I were to buy it at the store versus what it's like at the club.
Speaker 3: Oh, they marked that thing up three.
Speaker 4: Hundred percent, bro, absolutely.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you could buy a bottle out at a at a bottle of wine. Say you buy a bottle of wine for fifty dollars, it's three hundred dollars in the club, excuse me, or the restaurant. Or you buy a bottle in fifty dollars bottle, it's four hundred, five hundred dollars at the club because guess what you're in at that store.
Speaker 3: And if you want a drink, you got to pay you that price.
Speaker 5: Listen, I don't I don't understand how people do it. Un I understand the markup. Listen, and then mark up certain everything everything, whether it be clothes, whether it be jewelry in the club, shoes it is, it's ship. But in the club, with my understanding, the markup on alcohol is outwards.
Speaker 3: That's where you make your money, Joe.
Speaker 5: And then they go in there, they got to know. They buy bottle, left the bottle, bottle left the bottle. And then you have something I see on Twitter and I see on Instagrams. You got certain certain dudes. They going to the club and spend all this money and they have bottle wars, huh, to see who's gonna spend the most money on alcohol.
Speaker 4: And then they be the you know, they be pouring it out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it ain't never been one of those guys.
Speaker 4: What kind of man?
Speaker 3: What is your?
Speaker 2: We will compete, but it's gonna be. It's gonna be on the field, it's gonna be. You know, it's gonna be. I don't compete trying to spend the most money. I'm good you win.
Speaker 4: It makes no sense.
Speaker 3: It doesn't. It does not who you trying to impress.
Speaker 4: And it beats me. It beats me. I just damn man.
Speaker 5: Maybe maybe I don't understand it because I don't drink alcohol. Maybe that's the problem. I don't understand it. So it's hard for me to wrap my mind around going to a club having a section h buying bottles, having him come out with the sparklers and you know the It's just.
Speaker 4: Everybody has advice.
Speaker 5: I'm sure people look at me and say, well, your your black ass smokes.
Speaker 3: Send you the cigars? Yet?
Speaker 4: Nah, oh Na, How we're gonna send them to what?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 4: What address?
Speaker 3: I don't know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Somebody might have got him, somebody might be smoking on them.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Mag Listen, you know what, I'm me and Ken, we're gonna have to tussle. So I don't really want to do nothing to him, but that that's my boy. I love, I love Kenyon, but that's my boy. But I might have to put him in the giote.
Speaker 2: Uh time now for our Vinyl segment, even if it's time for you an a.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, yeah all right, Oh you're still okay?
Speaker 3: Back Kepper? Nor what Jr? Said?
Speaker 2: Which rapper duo would you choose from Little Wayne and Gorilla or Little Baby and Cardi B?
Speaker 3: Is this a true question, Kepper? That's a light one. What were you going? Mass stop?
Speaker 4: I'm asking.
Speaker 1: Oh little Wayne and Ash, Little Wayne and Ash? Yeah, who are you taking?
Speaker 3: Hold on?
Speaker 4: Give me, give me, give me.
Speaker 2: Which rap duo would you choose from Little Wayne and blow Riller or a little Baby and Cardi B.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna I'm going Wayne.
Speaker 4: I'm going Wayne D.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Listen, this ain't ain't nothing, ain't nothing wrong with a little Baby and Cardi.
Speaker 6: Now they they look Wayne a goat. Oh yeah yeah yeah I didn't. You ain't got to tell me. I've been I've been in a lab with Wayne. Now she's talking about yeah.
Speaker 3: And I like glow. I like little real country ass.
Speaker 4: He funny.
Speaker 2: Hey, don't give me, let me clarify, because everybody goes Now they gonna run till CARDI b shouting like gorilla bettery like you.
Speaker 3: I had glow on the show. Yeah, she was unbelievable.
Speaker 4: She was great's funny.
Speaker 3: Shared a story.
Speaker 2: So cause you know, now, O Joe, if you say you like somebody, that means you hate somebody else.
Speaker 3: Right, Oh Joe, you like bananas? Man?
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, oh yo hate oranges. No, he just said he liked bananas. That don't mean he hate oranges.
Speaker 3: Yeah. You see.
Speaker 2: So now if you if you like something, that means you gotta hate. No, that's not But if I had to choose, you got you gave me two choices.
Speaker 3: You got A or B. I choose A.
Speaker 2: That doesn't mean I hate B. That just means I chose A. I think A is better.
Speaker 3: Right. I mean, well, you gotta have for clarification now, o your Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean you you do? You know people people like to take things and wrong with it.
Speaker 3: You bought a car. Oh oh, so you you don't like Mercedes?
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Because I bought a BMW, that means I don't like Mercedes. Or I bought a gas card. I don't mean I don't like evs. So oh Joe jans Rivalo said, oh yo, two million subs by the weekend, and hey, you give unk money to so work from the chat? Hold on, jan what the hell you're talking about? Give hunks money to somebody prot the chat? The hell you say give unk money?
Speaker 3: Kill? How about that?
Speaker 4: I got you? I got That's that's a good one though. I like that.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: Nick Mars said, I feel bad for that, rooking sensey. If oil represents sency, we know that they don't pay right. You know what, Joe, you just like the bingles they rubbed.
Speaker 3: Off on you. But they don't want to pay their players. You don't want to pay me.
Speaker 4: That ain't got nothing to do with it.
Speaker 3: They do. You a representation of Cincinnati. I am.
Speaker 5: I am like if I cut myself right now, I bleed black and orange, you hear me.
Speaker 2: But I'll make sure they get somebody get I'm call nine on one so they can get you. So they get over there and save you, so I can get my fifty nine hundred. You got you gotta understand.
Speaker 5: See Mike Brown and Katie and Troy they run a billion dollar enterprise.
Speaker 4: You know I ain't. I ain't got that kind I ain't got that kind of money. It's different.
Speaker 5: So they run their bit. It's a little bit different. So I got a hold on the mind.
Speaker 4: Until I get extra. When I got actually and I can send you yours, let's do it me.
Speaker 2: Hell chat how that works? So you owe somebody, so you owe your car. So you got a car payment, or you got a mortgage, so you tell the mortgage company you know what, I ain't got that. So when I get extra, I pay you. It's okay. Let's sixty days pass and you ain't got that extra. We got something for you.
Speaker 4: And that's different.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 4: That's different, though different.
Speaker 3: The mortgage company won't their money. I won't mind. Okay, I got you.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna send it to you. You you done added interest anyway, So I got you.
Speaker 2: I'm Glenn for real said love you uncle, Oho, great show.
Speaker 3: We appreciate that. Doctor Frank L.
Speaker 2: Bellaman said, Hey, fam, can y'all please give me a birthday shout out to him My amazing son, Xavier. I can't believe he's twenty nine years old. Thank you, Love at happy birthday. Man, I know your mom and dad extremely proud, great parents. Man, your mom and dad been so supportive. We greatly, greatly appreciate that. Doc, I appreciate you. You've been a lord, been down from the very I remember seeing doctor Frank L. Bellaman looking at looking down and seeing it our first show. We allied that Sunday, that Sunday, Oh Joe uh. And when I was in New York and I looked down and I saw doctor Frank L.
Speaker 3: Bellaman.
Speaker 2: And she's been I mean, she came to the Bager Show, she came to that Atlanta show, she came to the New Orleans show, and on most night she's in here faithfully. So, Doc, thank you so much for your support and happy birthday, Xavier.
Speaker 3: Hopefully you had a great birthday. Twenty nine.
Speaker 2: A got one moment for you, the Big three to zero. We enjoy your twenties, Bro, enjoy your twenties. That concludes this episode of Nightcap. Thank you everyone for joining us. Y'all know me, I'm your favorite UNC Shanna Shark, my partner and co host Liberty City's own Bengal Ring of Fame honoree pro Bowler All Pro. That's Chad O Yosiko Johnson, and we want to thank the head coach of the Delaware State HBCU, three time pro bowler, Super Bowl champ d Jack Deshaun Jackson, coach, go do what you do.
Speaker 3: You're raising, you're mentoring the future.
Speaker 2: Let them be great young man, fathers, husbands, sons, brothers, role models. We know you're gonna do great. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the like button, and guys, go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. Thank you, guys for your support. Thank you for supporting us tonight. Thank you for all the Knights that you supported us. We can't do this without you, all the awards, all the accolades that we've received before Nightcap myself for Club Shayshape, the love and support that you've given me when I was on Undisputed and now at first take could have done that without you. We greatly greatly appreciate that. Thank you for your continued support. And Lordy, make sure you check out Shade by Laportier. We have it in stock and if you can't find it any city or straight near you, We're coming to a city or state near you. We're just not there now. Ordered it online, we'll shipping directly to your door. Best tasting Bsop cognac on the market. Please drink responsibility and stay safe. Go follow my media company page on all of its platform Shayshape Media and my clothing company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out.
Speaker 3: That link is pinned in the chat.
Speaker 2: Supplies unlimited and once they're gone, they're gone, so please grab yours while supplies last. Again, thank you for joining us. We'll see you tomorrow night after the game. Okay, see Indiana. Will it be three to one Indiana or will it be two to two? Headed back to OKCE Finn out tomorrow after the game.
Speaker 4: Thank you guys.
Speaker 5: The volume