Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Pros MLB. This is leading off live. It is me, Joey p Joe Pizafia with me, of course is the Welsh, and it's all of you, the Peanuts and the Crackerjacks here on our twitch twitch dot tv slash Fantasy Pros Live every single day, Monday through Friday noon Eastern RVD style. That's right, And of course you can always watch us video on demand on our YouTube channel Fantasy Pros MLB where we have the waiver wire video up, the trade video. Everything going on right here at your fantasy baseball fingertips and Welsh. It's a big day because I was wrong. You were wrong. Ronald acunia is back, baby, Holy crap, that happened fast. I woke up this morning. I was at an event yesterday. I really wasn't checking too much. I got up this morning to get kind of reacclimated to all the baseball comings and goings, and holy cow, Ronald Acunya is back and going to be playing for the Braves today. Well, how do you.
Speaker 2: Feel you just showed your sign of how early you go to bed or stop paying attention to everything? Because this was a yesterday thing. This was a late night not even late night. This is an early evening thing out here as wes.
Speaker 1: Co graduation family thing to go do. There was also a wedding proposal. There was a lot going on last night. The wine we're flowing, no no, sir. But we also with the kids last night caught up on the finale Survivor, so the rest of the evening was spent that's their favorite show. So I was watching that. I watched a little quick pitch, but I must have missed the Yukunya news like when I was doing it, and this morning got up and went, oh, well look at that. Hello, it's very good.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think you set that over under and I did say the under in the June numbers. So we're here. As soon as he got to triple A and started just getting those baseballs out, you knew that this was gonna happen. You knew it was going to be early. I'm not sure I quite thought it was going to be this early, but it was great.
Speaker 1: It's great.
Speaker 2: I have a keeper league that I've been waiting for a cunia to get back. It's great for fantasy, it's going to be great for also the ranks getting him back up. I love, you know, whenever I'm doing these weekly rank adjustments to you know, get the best players back up there. And really, it's such a weird year last year in what he played of just you know, figuring out like the you know, the bounce back off of the big year, what was going on, some of the weird contact and strikeout stuff.
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 2: I'm just excited to see this version of Ronald Acuni again. But he's back, and it is good for all of us and the Braves.
Speaker 1: It's good for all of us. It's good for the Braves too, the Braves that are really rough April starting to play a little better. You've seen Austin Riley, You've seen Drake Baldwin kind of be a little injection there. I'm not worried about the Striders start yet. I think this is the by low window. I thought it was weird he didn't have a rehab start again. I just think he he has bad numbers against the Nats historically, and on top of that, it's probably just the feel for pitching. And I'm hoping that he just gets back into his routine and all is well for him going forward. But the Braves need a coon. Yeah, and now I think the East gets really interesting. The Mets have hit their first wall after being really good, and of course everyone's hyper ventilating still in New York City about it. It's gonna be fine. The pitching's been really good for the Mets. The pitching has been really good for the Phillies. That Phillies line up just crushing balls everywhere again yesterday, Harper and Schwarber are red hot. Lozardo has been a revelation. So the East is getting really interesting, really fun from a fantasy perspective. I know everybody keeps talking about all year while he's not gonna run as much, not going to run as much. Okay, we have one hundred games left in the season. I'm gonna give you a stolen based total. Here we go, Here we go. You're ready, stolen based total, Rondokunya. One hundred games. Let's go thirty one and a half over under.
Speaker 2: That's a good number. I am going to go under. Okay, I'm gonna go under. I think we're gonna sit at like somewhere between twenty and thirty. I could be so wrong about this. He could be hyper hyper aggressive on the bay's path base paths is I mean not stopping. But I do think of like you know, when Tatis came back and then you know, didn't really run, and then this year he's like, I just feel healthy, I feel good. Just don't think he's in that space yet where they're gonna want to let him go like that. But you know what, they also need to manufacture runs. Ozzie Alby's not hitting Matt Olsen doesn't look like Matt Olson fully, so maybe he does run more. But I'm gonna take the under thirty one and a half. Are you over under?
Speaker 1: I think it's a good number I set. That's why I was going to try. I think I'm gonna go under. I think it's more like twenty nine. I think he just I think he's right under thirty there, and I think there's going to be more steals and people realize the people will think hes gonna steal ten bases. I think are way off base. I really do shout out to black buguy O two. Just subscribe with Prime. Remember when you subscribe with Prime, what do you get? You get rid of all those ads and you get to hang out with us and access to the home run Call Channel, a lot of baseball to get to. I seeal the peanuts and cracker jacks. We're gonna get to questions today too, so keep dropping your questions. It's a fun Friday. Thursday's always alight baseball day. We also have a fun thing to look at too, from the athletic they put out. But let's get to uh to Jose al Tuove. Two home runs for him yesterday, a really good day. Certainly we needed that. He is six for his last fifteen. Uh so good on Jose Altuve there and also wasn't the only guy who towo home runs. But I want to talk about Nady Evaldi, who we were discussing yesterday, being so good. You can't really believe how good he's been his ERA after yesterday. He got an unfortunate turn into the stick yesterday against the Yankees, but a one point six ERA now after six innings where he gave up just a run, He's got seventy one strikeouts to just nine walks. He's been incredible. Carlos Rodan also really good in that game too, not to be overlooked. Six scoreless sittings. He had a rough start to the season. Rodin now has an ERA of one point four to seven with a K per nine of ten point nine to seven since the middle of April. So after that rough April you throw those numbers out. Rodan's been brilliant. So Rodan Eovaldi? Who would you rather have? Rest of season?
Speaker 2: Man? I just realized as you were doing that, I had to show it, yeah, that you were gone. I'm gonna start looking because I'll give you my initial reaction.
Speaker 1: I know my answer. I can't wait to hear yours.
Speaker 2: And I think I'm gonna stick with my initial reaction. And it's Carlos Redon and that might be surprising, or maybe that's where you're at with it. The two eight era fantastic, The sub one whip with him just speaks volumes. I am worried about that K percentage. It's a ten percent. It hasn't been like that since twenty eighteen. But with it has come elitd K percentage thirty one percent. I really do think that this strikeout rate can continue with him, where I don't quite buy it with Ivaldi. Ivaldi, though, can go deep into games that team has been underperforming, which really might might say a lot for him. Moving forward. But I just think that Carlos for Redon in that K, that K number is just going to carry you through the season. And I think you could get if you're talking about a trade, I think you can get Redon maybe and maybe a little bit of a sweetener if you were trading Evaldi, because I think Ivaldi with you know, almost into June, having like a sub two era, people are losing their mind. So I think it's a really tough one. I guess the value you probably have to have Valdi like a couple of notches above Radon, but I think rest of season I would take him. What about you, I would take two.
Speaker 1: I would also take Rodond. I would take him as well, because I like where the Yankees are at. I think as Devin Williams pitch is better too. That's only good news for the bullpen. We were well going to get into that conversation too, because that's intriguing what's going on there. You know, Devin Williams does get that job back. We've been so untouchable. Do you want to muck around with it? I don't know, but I believe more in the Yankee offense and the Ranger offense to the range of offense. Still we're waiting. We're gonna get you know, uh seeger back eventually. You hope that Simeon has something this year, but man, we are deep into it right now. So I've just more faith basically in the Yankees. Let's talk about our faith in George Kirby. Three and two thirds innings yesterday, five runs allowed against the astro. So this was his first start of twenty twenty five. He hit Jeremy Panya in this game. Then he got two scoreless innings, but after that things kind of fell apart. So when you look at this outing and you step back from it, seventy two pitches obviously first one out. Obviously not the normal, you know situation here that you would want a guy to make his debut, because it wasn't at the beginning of the season. It was injury. So do you take too much out of this? Do you take nothing out of this? Like where are you at here with Kirby after what you saw or maybe he didn't see from him yesterday?
Speaker 2: I don't Okay, Yeah, there's actually something you didn't see from him, which I think is actually the interesting part.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you.
Speaker 2: Take anything out of it. His velo was where it always is, So that's like a I think that's a big key. I think it's probably like the number one thing that you're looking for. You know, Kirby's a big, big command guy, so it's like, what are you going to read out of one start? What are you going to read out of his walks being up a little bit. But the pitch mix is kind of interesting. One little caveat I'll give is the designation of pitches. Let's just throw that out for a second, because you know, sometimes sinkers and fastballs they just get designated weirdly or he's throwing it. Because if you look, it shows he threw you know, primarily four seams last year, and then sinkers were his second most used pitch. This shows he was just all sinkers. Okay, so we singing the ball a little bit more, not throwing four seams. There's that last year's slider was the third most used pitch, but his cutter was way up this year, and I excuse me, I think that was about the designation cutters and sliders can be used. So pitch mix looks different there. But here's the big one. He didn't throw that split finger at all, and that was a pitch that he added last year to try to up his case and try to be more of a strikeout pitcher. He didn't throw one in that first start. He threws change up. Change up, He didn't throw it all last year and he threw twelve percent of the time. So did he scrap the split finger for the change up? What is that going to end up doing to the strikeout numbers at the end of the day. Don't overreact, but the pitch mix change. Kirby always does this. He's always weird about the stuff. We need to see a couple more of these and what is going to be more successful at the end of the day, because we don't know. He didn't, like I said, he didn't throw the change up last year. So that split finger, which had an almost thirty percent with rate last year, is this change up going to be better? It wasn't in the first start by the way. It got hit three point thirty three batting average against with only a sixteen percent wiff rate on it. So it wasn't a good pitch in this first start. That would be more of my worry than like first start, out he just got kind of banged around or whatever.
Speaker 1: Okay, there you go. All right, let's move on here and hopefully better things ahead for George Kirby as we look. Better days for Christian Yelich two for three with a pair of home runs. So we've called him out here on the show last couple of days. We said the counting stats were good at the same time, as always concerns deep down. Look, if you want to sell Christian Yelich, this is the time, but still showing you some power. It's by like a razor thin margin considering what some of the deeper stats look like. But a good day for Christian Yelich. Nonetheless, Tan or Bibbey also a good day for him turning things around. He needed this in the worst way. It was a big victory over the Tigers too, no slouch of a team. Seven innings, three five seven r Right now, after all said and done, a one point two to one whip, forty three strikeouts to eighteen walks. So the strikeout for nine is still not where you want it to be. So this is also your sellaway windows for Bibby if you want. If you don't like what you've seen so far, and you think this is the mirage. This is the start to sell him off of Breton Doyle, another guy we called out yesterday two for three. Boyt, we are magic on this show. Give us a player you want us to call out that sucks for your fantasy team, we will fix him.
Speaker 2: I think Michael just did. Michael and the Chat literally just called out a bunch of players like you, ell and Langford.
Speaker 1: Seriously, though, Ellie's killing me in the league too. I just I need that. Where's that Ellie hot streak? Man? I need to see it. But Breton Doyle five for twelve since the dropping the order to four walks. See, to me, that's when a guy's getting right. I always talk about this. Are you seeing him hit the ball the opposit field? Are you seeing the walks? You're seeing that with Doyle, you're seeing the walks. He's a really intriguing bilo for me because although Welsh does not necessarily call himself a fan of Bretton Doyle, I like Doyle last year. I was impressed by what I saw, but certainly not what I've seen this year. This is your window if you want to try to pluck him away.
Speaker 2: Well, problems, oh, well, I want to say it was real quick. You passed it. You say that, but I don't know if it was on a trade video or the live stream, because you're right. I was a huge fader of Brenton Doyle in the draft season. But whatever that show was, we just did. I said to buy on him, even though you can kind of sell guy on him that he is so low at the level where people are just want to get out that you've got to consider at this point because he still has a really good profile. He is a big counting stats player, and they're going to keep him at the top of the lineup because it sucks. So this has been a by opportunity for Doyle, even though I don't.
Speaker 1: Well, they did drop him from that top spot, so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he can get back to it.
Speaker 1: I mean, Sean m is going to get traded coming back too soon, so you know that lineup might be fortified. I want to shout out, yeah sports too, who just subscribe to Today with Prime? So I love this all these people, these newbies, let's go, come on, come on the waters form. Here's a good question from Frov, which, uh ray would you rather have? Rest of season? Todd Bradley or Ryan Peppio. I'd rather wesh.
Speaker 2: I thought he was gonna asked about Robie.
Speaker 1: I was like, well, that's where I thought it was going to. I read it when I was reading it, That's how I read it. And then a second view I was cleaner with that. I go Pepio with this. I just think he's a better picture.
Speaker 2: I think I want I think I want to say Bradley, you know, Bradley for six twenty expected is three to five. But the I need the keys to come out. I mean, Pepio's probably safer. I'd have to look, I'd have to go through Pepio stuff. You know what. Let's go with Pepio that I love.
Speaker 1: The other thing's more mind. I think Todd Bradley is the more exciting arm, but I think it's a picture. I like what Pepio does more. I like the way he change fan beads. I like the way he is commanding the strike zone better. I think it's less volatility. I think TODs Bradley has more raw ability, but I'm talking like fantasy productivity. I feel more confident in Pepio.
Speaker 2: I think it right now, but I also think the upside belongs to TODs Bradley, but ten percent great stinks. Also his split finger really interesting. You want to kind of deaden this thing almost like a change up to and it's like he's added way more spin and velocity on it and it just doesn't look as good. This year had a thirty three percent wiff rate is twenty one this year. Love them to dead that thing out a little.
Speaker 1: Bit laser sharp. Is it time to worry about Junior Camonaro? Yeah, sure you can worry. I mean, I don't want to get rid of them right now, but I'm definitely worried. Yeah, probably don't think.
Speaker 2: I think there's some worries on it. One of the things with Cammon Arrow it's interesting is if they just released this new informent. I've talked about it like last three days. But Baseball Savant they've got attack Angle. So if you want to like start analyzing.
Speaker 1: Are they paying you to talk about attack Angle? No?
Speaker 2: I just I'm super interested love that. No, you remember Max.
Speaker 1: I mentioned this every single show?
Speaker 2: Oh have I I'm upset. I'm obsessed with it.
Speaker 1: You are obsessed with it.
Speaker 2: But one of the things that you really pay attention to on this the elite elite hitters like Otani and Judge. They've got an attack angle of like fifteen degrees, a fifteen degree attack angle, ten to fifteen, ten to eighteen, whatever they say, five to twenty. That's like the key spot where you really want to be. Elite. Bat speed with a really good attack angle and just a semi decent vision creates some incredible things. The problem is Junior Cammanaro has the second best bat speed in all of baseball, but he has a five degree attack angle, so that could be affecting some of the quality of contact. So I think that's interesting if you're trying to find like a true reason behind it. But like, is it gonna bounce back? Yeah, I think so. As expected batting average is almost thirty points higher, he's still not striking out. It's just a little bit of a quality contact thing gonna pop next year. But I still believe in Camanaro.
Speaker 1: I still believe in the player. But it's okay, you can panic. I just don't want you to make a bad decision. Cody Nannheim has an interesting one. Doyle got dropped in my league. Would you drop Taylor Ward for him? You know the problem with Ward is those home run totals, right, want to the thirteen on the air? Fourteenth, yes, fourteen yesterday? Right? Yeah, So that's where I struggle. It's just the home run. I think overall productivity, Doyle is gonna give you theoretically better batting average for sure, steals run scored, probably less RBI, and probably or maybe comparable. It is Colorado. You never know if they get going eventually. I don't know. This is a tough one. I struggle with this one. I mean, if he asked me this going into the season, this would have been a slam dunk Doyle for me. So I guess I want to steal linge Doyle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, who is a todd in there? Said you just can't drop Taylor Ward right now? He's not wrong. I mean the profile, the profile looks great. They expect a batting average is over two fifty and all of that aside. He's hit fourteen homers. He's got fourteen homers, and he's got some elite traits in there. I don't know if you were really chasing stolen bases. I think you could. Those guys are probably a little bit interchangeable, but I don't know how you drop Taylor Ward right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know if it's very difficult to do that, that's for sure, all right. Uh Like people wondering about Max Velocity too, Max loves his attack angles. We all know that at Max Vlo could be a Tom Cruise type action star instead of adult films. He could be, but it's not as funny, Chief, it's not as funny. Let's get to Jeff Hoffman. Nothing's funny about this. If your Blue Jay fan, another blow and say for him, theres at six. He's allowed multiple runs in three of his last eight appearances. We talked about Green anybody else you want to talk about, because I don't think the Blue Jays want to talk about Hoffin right now. He is killing you in fantasy and he's killing the Blue Jays right now, who don't have a lot of room for error for winning games that are in the palm of their hand. You can't keep blowing games in the ninth inning and keep pace with the Yankees and eventually the Red Sox too. I just don't think it can happen.
Speaker 2: No, And I think they they got to make a move here at some point, like yeah, this this seems like the catalyst for it to happen. So Chad Green, if he's sitting out there, go pick him up.
Speaker 1: It's Chad Green time, everybody, and look, just out of curiosity. You want to play the game. Let's play roster game, Chad Green. What's the ross percentage on CVS? CVS? What's how I want to get a waiver wire claim and a twelve foot receipt on Chad Green? No, what is the CBS ross percentage on Chad Green. Let's let's take a guess.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say thirty five percent lower Bob Oh, he actually is lower twenty.
Speaker 1: Lower Bob twelve thirteen as Kluss thirteen. I was surprised. I thought it'd be closer to thirty after the last couple games for Hoffmann, but apparently not. Apparently not, which brings us to another bullpen situation, which is the topic of today's Microsoft Chasing It Challengers. Everybody, I know you'll love to chase the challengers, And of course, with Microsoft, the athletes who push boundaries and redefine what's possible and business decision makers today are turning challenges into opportunities. And Microsoft meets you where you are with tools and guidance to help you make an impact with safe, secure AI solutions. So whatever challenges you're facing, Microsoft empowers you with the expertise to say bring it on. And in this segment, the challenge is faced by the Yankees bullpen and manager right now, because what do you do with Luke Weaver, who's been absolutely brilliant in this closer role, brilliant for you in big spots last year, in the post season, down the stretch. Right now, he's got twenty two winnings under his belt, just six walks. His whip is at point five to three. He's got twenty five strikeouts an ERA of point four zero. So although Devin Williams has been better, it's kind of difficult to say, Okay, Luke Weaver, thanks, I appreciate your work in the last couple of weeks. Now get back to the eighth inning. I don't think the Yankees can do this, and I don't care what they trade it for Devin Williams until Luke Weaver proves otherwise. He has been the lockdown guy for you, and I think the Yankees need to just stick with him. So I understand there's prestige and money and trade capital and all these things that go into this. However, at the end of the day, the one thing that has to be accounted for is performance, and the performance of Luke Weaver has been straight up dominant since the end of last season and into the beginning of this one. So you got to leave him right where he is right now, and that's closing games for the New York Yankees. So that's this week's Chasing Challenger segment. Remember, Microsoft AI solutions empower you to take bold steps and make new ideas to help drive your business forward. With Microsoft as your trusted partner, you can navigate your journey with confidence, finding innovative solutions at reaching new possibilities. Visit Microsoft dot com Slash Challengers to learn more. Welsh, what's your take on the Yankee bullpen.
Speaker 2: I'm going to hold to what I said a while ago, and my idea was Luke Weaver goes into the rotation or goes into the bullpen as a closer, and he holds it for a while. I think, I said he. I think he holds it for a month or two, which could be a surprise for some people, especially at that time. There's a chance he holds it through the season, and I think like his success right now is showing us why it can't. Here's what I do think happens. I think he's going to continue rolling with this, but I think we're going to get a day in the near future where it's like, oh, Luke Weaver's not available or he had pitched dot d a dot, and that's going to be your opportunity to get Devin Williams in. Because Devin Williams has been really solid. He hasn't given up a run since May fifth, so you know, he's got two weeks plus and then and I know that does might not sound a long time, but he's got eight outings in here where he's been clean, lots of strikeouts, stuff looks good. They're gonna give him a save opportunity, but it's not going to be in the vein of like Weaver is out and then I think that'll start to be that test period. But I agree, Luke Weaver has been way too good. You can't just kick him out just for Devin Williams. And if he doesn't have the job at all this year, I wouldn't be surprised if Devin is kicked out of it. But I do think you've got another month or so, and I think in that month you're gonna get one or two instances where Devin Williams is gonna get thrown in, and then the fun is going to start after that of if they decide to make.
Speaker 1: A move, Well, the fund's already begun in Boston because Ryan Noda is the newest first baseman to come over for depth from the Angels for Cash Considerations, which is actually one of the film starring Max Velocity. I'm pretty sure, isn't it Cash con Yes, in Cash Considerations. I don't look too much into this Ryan Noda deal, do you. I mean, this is just depth as far as I'm concerned. Do you see it as more no depth?
Speaker 2: I think there. I will say, I wonder if this is a telling piece of how uncomfortable they are with Christian Campbell, maybe at first because they've been making these moves and then they bring it. But I think you always need depth. This is like a super depthy move, so I don't read much into it. Maybe he's going to be a good on field type of coach for Christian Campbell to learn this position, and then we can get Marcella Mayer.
Speaker 1: Here's a fun one, ki We Wizard, what's up Joe and Chris? First time on Twitch? Usually listen on Spotify. Welcome Kiwi Wizard. I traded Edmund good job for Senga and Fairbanks earlier this year. Did I fleece myself?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Please Weln fleece yourself. You've been great outfield. I had Trout, Campbell and Buxton and well that's the problem. The problem is the outfield is suffered. But the good news is Trout's on his way back. I don't think Christian Campbell. I think Christian Campbell finds his way back to things. I think he's just out of source right now. But I would, if I were you, kiw look for some outfield depth. Maybe this is the exact kind of person that should be looking for a Brenton Doyle right now. Right, yeahs out of a mess by Low. He's available in a trade, or maybe he got dropped. That's the kind of guy. I'm adding, so Key, we appreciate you. I saw mctunda resubscribe to We love the Peanuts and the Cracker Jacks. Here. We have the best of the best when it comes to our fan base here on the show. I love all the guys and gals who listen to this show, especially every day. You guys are awesome. Robert Hassel nice MLB debut for him, pair of singles, two runs, a stolen base, and he's scored the winning run. Was a nice moment for mister Hassel. There, the Athletics plan to remote top outfield prospect Denzel Clark from TRIPAA. So Clark is twenty five, his slash is two eighty six, four thirty six, four nineteen. Now no Homer's there, twenty one RBI, seven steals. So prospect Guru, oh, prospect one, help us about Denzel Clark in the profile.
Speaker 2: I'm actually surprised about this one. I thought this would be Colby Thomas. Colby Thomas with them, or Henry Bolt. They just got a glut of these great outfielders. Henry Bolt played in the AFL last year, Denzel Clark has played in there. Colby Thomas might be the best of that crew. Denzel Clark's super athletic outfielder. Actually him and Lawrence Butler played in the AFL together a couple of years ago. Surprised about the Homers. The Homers have kind of dissipated, but I think this also might be about Denzel who work because he's got like pure raw power. But this might be kind of the Robert Hassel school of changing the type of hitter you are. You guy's got a four hundred OVP seven stolen bases. I think there's more power projection in there. I just I don't fully trust his ability to make contact. But he's also changing as a hitter, and that little baby ballpark might work well. But my shock was more that Henry Bolt Colby Thomas. I mean, Henry Bolt just almost like fell shy of a cycle the other day. He's been killing it in Triple A, and same thing. Colby Thomas is a really complete player. I thought either one of those might have been better, at least fantasy options. But Denzel Clark is probably in the Robert Hassel school of if you're in a super deep league and you just got waist down there and you want to take a shot at it. That ballpark might benefit him a little bit, but I think you're going to have some batting average struggles with Clark.
Speaker 1: Carlos Rodriguez another one in the bright spots at tria A for the Brewers. He got a little taste yesterday. It got's first victory ever a Major league baseball That was nice. Three runs of five hits over three and a third innings. He got optioned right again, which everybody thought because they're just kind of cycling through arms right now until further notice. Let's get to the three up and three down. Brent Rooker three for four with a two run homer, Marcelo Zuna three for four with a homer of his own. I wish I had picked Ozuna yesterday instead, I didn't get a home run. Mad about that. And Taylor Ward three for four with a granny yesterday five. Ribby's huge day for it. It's tough to drop Taylor Ward. And we just talked about him right on one of the shows. We got a big Taylor Ward discussion, and look, man he was. He's under rostered in a lot. I think it was like forty percent available still, which was kind of odd, we thought, considering where the home run total was. The downs. Tyler Anderson, he stinks. He walked six, gave up five runs, four and two third. Kyle Finn again, another blown save for him against the Bravos and aj Smith Shaver. Not a good night for him. Seven runs eight hits, and it also knocked him out of the top spot. He was actually going into the game number one on the board on FanDuel for Rookie of the Year in the National League. Baldwin has leap frogged him. I'm kind of where you are, Welsh. I like Logan Henderson at seven to one right now. Maybe we just haven't seen the guy yet. Now that Matt Shaw's back up too, he's intriguing and getting a great number on him. But so far I've yet to make a heavy investment, but I'm getting very close to wanting to make one in Logan Henderson because he's been so good out of the gate. What do you make of aj smith Shover's performance last night?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a bummer because he had been just like lights out. He really it's pushed his ERA up over three and a half. He's gotten expected era that's pushed five so far. He's got away with a lot of stuff. It's one of those guys, you know. He had had like three starts where he'd given up one earned run, but walks were there. He got banged around and everything looks pretty messy right now. So smith Shover kind of went from a oh, maybe he really did click and find it and we give him the ben for the doubt regardless too, he goes into that range of the Logans and the the will Warrens and Hayden Birds songs as players that like, eh, you know, maybe they're not so invulnerable and maybe you you know, you not would potentially look at streaming. But the Rookie of the year stuff. I said this not too long ago, but we legit might not have who the NL Rookie of the Year is in the majors right now, Like that's a level that it is.
Speaker 1: It is, so who's still down that could make that buzz because I think that's a.
Speaker 2: A Chandler, a Bobba Chandler would be the number one guy. I mean, as it is a little bit tougher for pitchers, but the NL has just been blah. I mean, Dylan Cruz, your number one at Matt Shaw, could definitely take this if he gets going. Drake Baldwin is a catcher. He's got to keep getting the playing time. And from a war perspective, he's got it well.
Speaker 1: He's at plus three eighty Logan Henderson's seven to fifty, Chandler's at twenty to one, Dylan Cruise is at twenty five to one, Dalton Rushing is at twenty five to one, Matt Shaw thirteen to one, Smith Shaw or four and a half, and Augustin is five to one right now.
Speaker 2: So man, I don't know. I think the it's I like.
Speaker 1: Logan at seven fifteen, Seawan laying the weeds.
Speaker 2: Sean Bubba are the two that stand out to me if I were making But I just I don't know if we have it. I don't think we have any type. I mean, you're getting decent odds, but I don't feel confident about any of that.
Speaker 1: No, I don't either. It's got to go to somebody, though. Somebody's gonna win that thing, and I want to win some money off of it, so let's try to get that. Let's get to the injuries here, because we've got a lot of injury news to talk about as well. We've got Logan Gilbert scheduled to throw a simulate a game today in Houston, so hopefully all goes well with that. Julio Rodriguez was scratched yesterday with tightness in the back. That's not good. Don't want to see that. Justin Verlander did go to the ilet's retroactive to the May nineteenth. With that PEX strain. Corey Seeger is a week away, at least we've been told, So let's let's keep our fingers crossed. I don't know, light a candle in church at Corey seegerback in the next two weeks. Chase de Lander fifteen day il right for him tightness. That's typically not a great indicator. Welsh, I know you're a Dolander guy, but that's got to be really bad news for you.
Speaker 2: But for Dynasty, I mean Dolander, like Redraft, he just the Homers were too much of a problem that you know, he had gone. He's put himself into the position where he wasn't like needed to be justifiably rostered in Redraft. So we were already beyond that. But this is brutal because when he got drafted, he was coming off of I don't want to misspeak. I don't remember if it was Tommy John or not, but it was a bad injury and he didn't pitch and he was out for a while, and this would be another one. I'm pretty fearful this one's gonna this is gonna get him for a while.
Speaker 1: Yep, probably will. Kumar Rocker is gonna make a rehab start today as well. Carlos Korea is expected to be activated today, and Tario with Strata begins his rehab a time that we mentioned that. So if you have some second base woes, that's another guy you can just stash this weekend. Let's we want to play the game with him. We want to play the roster game with a strata. What do you want to say, strata as ross percentage.
Speaker 2: Is Welsh, let's say twenty four percent.
Speaker 1: Lower lower, eighteen fourteen percent.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think it's a good time to pick him up. He should be up there very very soon.
Speaker 1: Let's go. Let's go, is what we're doing. We're helping you out here. All right, it's time, boys and girls or everybody's favorite segment. It's time for the best.
Speaker 2: Bets of your Friday.
Speaker 1: With Joey p and the Welsh. Let's take a look at an enormous number here, the Yankees and the Colorado Rockies. Twelve runs. Now, I know it's Clark Schmidt and some JABBRONI they've just thrown the ball to in Colorado, and I get it, but I think on principle. I'm just going the under here. Twelve is a ridiculous number. I'm just gonna I'm just gonna go under. I mean, even the Yankees win this one ten to one, still an under. It just I can't. I can't when you see a number this high. I think it's just the discipline. Remember what we talked about on the show A lot, where we see a k prop at eight and a half, we like to go under on that one because typically that's gonna win out more times than not. This is that number for me. When you cross double digit it gets a little tricky. But twelve is a number where it's just a matter of price enforcing. And of course the Yankees on their own to score twelve, the actual the run total for the Yankees is around eight right now. They you couldn't even just do the team total because it was kind of absurd right now. So I'm gonna go under minus one ten. That's where I'm gonna live Pablo Lopez at home. I'm gonna take him with the five and a half strikeouts minus one eighteen. I'm gonna go over on that against Kansas City and tai Oscar Andrnandez is gonna take the RBI and plus one seventy good spot here against the Mets, four forty four career batting average and nine at bats with a thirteen hundred OPS for tioscar and Nandez, so I look for him to drive in a run. I also look for Juan Soto at home to get a nice ovation from a crowd and love him and hang on to him and say don't worry one, we're behind you. And I think one responds against the Dodgers this weekend. Kershaw on the mound tonight too, so that be entertaining for the Mets and Dodgers. Welsh, what do you have for the people on a fun Friday.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go with the Texas Rangers run line, so not money line. It does say run line there, so that's minus one point five, so them to win by two runs against the Chicago White Sox. We got Tyler Molly who's been pretty good. Sean Burk has actually been pretty decent on the mound as well, but I think the White Sox are going to struggle getting to Molly. The Rangers will not as much. They win by two minus one fifteen. Usually you're gonna see plus money on this. So this is really heavily in a favored market, favored for the Texas or Rangers, the Mets and the Dodgers. You said Kershaw's on the mound, that should be fun. Yeah, Kershaw's been getting hit hard. He got hit hard across all his minor league assignments, saw these seventeen year old kids hitting it right to the wall, even though he didn't give up any hits. I think he's going to get hit up in this one by the Mets. So I'm going over on the total runs also just because of the you know, the pitching matchup in general, but Mets over eight and a half, Mets Dodgers over eight and a half, it's big plus money so plus I don't did I write it was one fifty. Actually, now that I'm looking at that, it's not. I don't know where one fifty. It's minus one twenty. So that is a Jay moment. It is mine one twenty for over eight and a half. That'd be awesome if it was plus one fifty, and then I'm gonna go with Paul Skeens six and a half strikeouts over that one is a plus money play. But I also think it is plus one ten. It is not plus one hundred at least I saw. But going against the Brewers, he struck out more than seven in his last outing. He's getting going.
Speaker 1: Close one ten plus.
Speaker 2: I guess it's close. So I don't know where these numbers came from. But Paul Skins plus one ten Mets Dodgers is minus one twenty on the total runs and the Texas Rangers run line. That's mine.
Speaker 1: Shout out to mctundag just gifted five subs and frozen coup laid. There's a little space there in between, so I wanted to walk in that bad boy. Resubbed with Prime again. Resubs hang out with us. We're not going anywhere. It's wall to wall baseball here on the channel. Now. The one thing I will say, we won't be here on Monday. We are taking a day off on Monday. It's Memorial Day. It's for family, it's for barbecues, it's for fun, it's for remembrance to of all of our brave men and women in uniforms. So we're gonna take a day off. Plus, there's a ton of day baseball that we know you want to watch, and who wants to watch us when you can watch baseball instead. In the meantime. If you're gonna betting this weekend, bet responsibly and do it with fantasypros dot com slash Leading Off, where new customers can bet five bucks, get two hundred and fifteen bonus bets if you win on FanDuel again. That's Fantasybros dot Com Slash Leading Off end. We want you to download the Betting Pros app so you can use incredible tools like the prop bet cheat sheet that's available right now. It shows you the best value plays every single day. You get daily prop bet value rankings based on projections from our Fantasy overlords. You got strikeouts, hits, home runs, you name it, we've got it. Use it now at Bettingpros dot com slash Mlbprops, or just go to the Betting Pros app. And when you do download that bad boy, use that promo code leading Off and you get a free week with baseball with NBA with NHL all going strong right now, A free week of the premium tools on Betting Pros. What's better than that? Nothing, So go download the Betting Pros app today. Let's take a look at the home run board yesterday there were some double dips there. Marty's still at the top, tied with Georgia twenty one, far out dj Osbourne and Patsy at twenty. Wankye Penguin at eighteen, Welsh Holden is wrong at fifteen. I'm at eleven. I think I might be close to this board by the end of the weekend. Welsh the Sammy's Sosa jersey for Pristine Auction on the line. And I'm going to take Aaron Judge and Colorado for the weekend because it's not about making friends. HiT's about making money, and I think Aaron Judge can at least get me to this weekend. Where are you at? Well, SHEI, what are you looking for? Well?
Speaker 2: And it's imperpetuity unless I make the change over the weekend, but definitely today, I'm going with Pee Alonzo. So Pete Alonzo up against Clayton Kershaw. You know he's throwing it. He's dropping an eighty seven mile per hour fastball, hopefully you know, the new Pee Alonzo, who doesn't want to strike out as much and be a better player, doesn't eat at a lot of those curve balls. But if he gets that fastball in the zone. He should put that thing a mile So Peter Alonzo today will watch the weekend. I gotta pick it up because I have not. It is like close to two weeks Walkee was saying, can't buy a Homer. I can't buy a Homer. I'm one. I'm honestly we can come back from more to day. I might be off this list. I'm one. Like good weekend for everybody from getting booted. And I've been on this list for the majority of the year, so it'd be quite sad, quite sad to get catch.
Speaker 1: JD wants to know what's on the grill on Monday. I'll tell you, JD. Here's the plan. Right now. I'm gonna go to Wegmans get some some stuff there. But on top of that, so we I'm gonna get some chicken. We'll do some marinated chicken, some veggies on the grill. But also my girlfriend, she goes to this place and gets the most amazing Colombian teriso. We're gonna be putting that on the grill. And my my buddy, her her sister is now fiance after yesterday, so shout out to them, congratulations to them. He brings the most amazing Tarrasco, which is a Latin steak that's just unbelievable. It's like a skirt steak that's marinated and seasoned that it's just it's unbelievab. You put on the grill for like two minutes, you flip it around two minutes more. Bro, It's one of the best things I've ever had.
Speaker 2: I've never heard of these words. You're like, oh, my other cousin.
Speaker 1: Chariso, You've never heard of Teresa live in Arizona, like Pbrasco.
Speaker 2: Frrasco's Torrasco used to pitch.
Speaker 1: For the Brewers, didn't he I'm pretty sure now before we go, I want to talk about this because we're a baseball show first and foremost fantasy. Yes, of course, but the Athletic put out something fun, which was they're all century to quarter century team, whatever the heck it is. You know, since the year two thousand. Before the show we were talking as I was depressed, I heard a stat that if you're to make Back to the Future today, the going back in time would be two thousand and five, and that just upset me. And I don't know how you'd make that movie because I don't know how life is really vastly differentes eighty five to sixty five. That's different now, I just not so much. But here you go the quarter century team. I like this team. It's Barry Bonds, Mike Trout, Aaron Judge and the outfield. I'm cool with that. The starting pitchers were Verlander, Kershaw, Holiday Schurzer, and Randy Johnson. Okay, cool with that, dh Ortiz, that makes sense. Yeah, your Molina is the catcher, albl Poros at first base, a'lll Twove at second, Adrian Beltra at third. The Derek Jeter one I kind of struggled with because Marco Scutero he posted that he has more runs saved and shulot than Derek Jeter. You see, I thought that was great, and I love Derek Jeter. He's a great player. He's a winner, three thousand hits, Hall of Fame or first ballot, lock it up. But is he a better all around player than Alex Rodriguez.
Speaker 2: I was just about to say, I didn't know if you were going to drop Alex in this one out and he.
Speaker 1: Can't say, well, we don't want to put guys on story because Barry Bonds is on this list. So it's not that. So if we're just talking about in a vacuum, Yeah, Jeter over a Rod's just straight up dumb. You're right, Wonky. I don't know what the Chad thinks about this, but Welsh, what do you think about it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? No, I as soon as I looked at this, well, I was trying to think, if I'm am I allowed to put Rodriguez at shorter? Do I have to replace Beltray with Rodriguez? But either way I do it.
Speaker 1: I would put play more short in his career, didn't he?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think I can. We can justify you got.
Speaker 1: All the Seattle years, the Texas years, right, Yeah, I mean I assume that's got accumulate. I got to go back at the Yankee numbers over there.
Speaker 2: You know, I saw somebody posting the DH one that if you wanted to replace some people might want to replace David Ortiz with Otani at this point, but kind of arguing like, are we there yet that you would want Otan? Can? Does Otani deservedly belong there over Ortiz? I think in what we've seen, I actually do think so because of what he does on the on the ground, as far as how he can run.
Speaker 1: There's one more And now that you said that too, that's actually one more switch that I think we I would make, which this might upset a lot of people. Let's slide Aaron Judge over the center field and let's put Echiro in right field. For the love of God, I mean Ei Ro.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would have to put each row over.
Speaker 1: The fact that Echiro is not on here. I could even make a case for each roll over Aaron Judge, like if you want to take Judge and tro out and they're high points and have that conversation and fight it out all day, okay, but each your not being on this one is kind.
Speaker 2: Of And what about Meggi? Multiple people posted Miguel Cabrera like, where's Micky on this list?
Speaker 1: Well, that's the thing is like you put him over Pooholes. I don't think so, probably putting them on Beltray, you know, because he was a third basement earlier in his career.
Speaker 2: But if we're trying to finagle the roster, well, okay, what about DH. If you have Otani, Ortiz or Meggi, who's your.
Speaker 1: Dh Otani or Teas or maybe he.
Speaker 2: Didn't really DH enough.
Speaker 1: So if you're taking each towards the end when he was out of shape and he couldn't do it anymore. You know, Look, Miguel Cabrera is a better overall hitter than our ties. So if you're just letting me take a free hitter in there, Primo, I'm going to take Miguel Cabrera. But th Otani is another one too, where it's like, how do you not put Altani on this team at this point?
Speaker 2: But yeah, I would have placed Atani. I would put each year on. I would put Alex Rodriguez. The only thing is this is it's probably right. But when I look at the rotation, I feel like we're missing somebody. I don't know who. I don't know what it is right now, it's not Terry Piazza.
Speaker 1: Better offensive catchers than you. You're Malina, but not defensively. I mean, YACHTI is the you're talking about ketcher?
Speaker 2: Yea, I was talking about pitching. I'm just saying pitching one. There's one. I feel like we're missing a picture out of this.
Speaker 1: But I don't see the problem with Pedro Martinez, Like his elite is like ninety eight ninety nine, so he just misses this quarter century cut off. So I kind of get like that. I kind of understand it's a weird thing to like cut it off a two thousand, but that's also the beginning of Echiro, Like it's the entire eight year old career. And to have him on the list or not on this team ahead of Mike Trout and Judge, I think it's just kind of foolish. Yeah, Like you know, as great as Judges and great as they all are, Trow you can whip said, you can just put Trout on the AOL and keephim on the roster. Stand Ah, that's a good one. I want to leave on that. That'll do it for us, But the story of the game goes on. We'll be back again on Tuesday for the Welsh I'm Joey p. We'll see you next time. Kids, Enjoy your holiday weekend.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, Follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com. Slash Fantasy Pros MLB