Speaker 1: M.
Speaker 2: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 3: Cowboys.
Speaker 2: This is nick Shot, streaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys at now Here are Bill Jones, Savannah Humoller, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 4: Well it's we're gonna stampede into this weekend. There we go, speak.
Speaker 5: As cool.
Speaker 6: M.
Speaker 4: The first time the Dallas Cowboys took on the Buffalo Bills was nineteen seventy one. It was a Cowboys stampede. Forty nine thirty seven was the final score, and that game was played in Buffalo. I guess at Rich Stadium in Buffalo nineteen seventy one. Could this game be similar forty nine thirty seven. You'll find out here at the end of a fabulous football fight song Friday edition of Mixed Shots.
Speaker 3: So we're we're gonna we're going to tell them all of that. Huh.
Speaker 4: We're going to give him our predictions, right, Okay, We're going to tell you whether or not it's going to be at that high scoring. I think it's going to be high scoring. I'm not sure it's going to be forty nine to thirty seven points.
Speaker 7: I predict it's going to rain.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm going to see the box score from that game.
Speaker 4: Well, I got it for you in a matter of moments.
Speaker 8: Football.
Speaker 7: As a matter of fact, I think McCarthy should move up the Saturday to practice today and get outside.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got perfect weather.
Speaker 7: This is Buffalo weather right now.
Speaker 3: You know what, guys, you'll need to stop. See there's the guys that don't play football. They would say something.
Speaker 7: Like that, you don't want to practice in the.
Speaker 1: Rag No, well, you know, honestly, there's a few guys out with some illnesses. Yes, the flu season or the cold season or something, so maybe stay away from the rain.
Speaker 4: Started with Micah and it spread to the wide receiver room in the cornerback.
Speaker 7: Well, judging judging from his interview yesterday, he's fine.
Speaker 4: Yes, he was back in Yeah that's right. Yeah, I love the way you described Josh Allen.
Speaker 7: We had we had make sure you read my column because I transcribed it.
Speaker 4: McCarthy says that Josh Allen reminds him of Brett Farv and Micah says Josh Allen reminds him of.
Speaker 7: Who that guy in the frat house that wall he's wants to go out and get drunk, because he said, he just one of those guys that wants to have fun. It looks like to me, he said, if if you're playing Bill beer beer pong, he'll eat the cup.
Speaker 9: Wow, which reminded me of remember remember going back to Labor Day weekend and Micah was back at Penn State and there were a video that went viral.
Speaker 4: They were playing beer pong and Saquon Barkley was there a week before the Cowboys played the Giants in the season opener, and Micah was he wanted some of Saquon and beer pong, and I think he got his wish whatever, and then a week later he got some of them on the football field.
Speaker 7: He said. He said, he said, Josh, Josh looks like a guy that I'd like to go to the bar and grill with the bar and grill.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 4: We have some breaking news and I thought this.
Speaker 8: Would happened last night.
Speaker 4: Already happened last night at halftime.
Speaker 8: When it was forty two to nothing.
Speaker 4: But the Chargers have fired head coach Brandon Staley.
Speaker 7: Tom Desco, did you hear what he said when he was asked after the dame. He goes, they asked him, do you think you're gonna get fired? And he goes, I don't know, just like that, and then.
Speaker 1: It was like, oh he had a gut intuition.
Speaker 7: It was going down sure intuition.
Speaker 3: He can hear him breathing down his neck.
Speaker 7: Do you think do you think you should be the head coach? Yes? I do. What is he going to say?
Speaker 3: What do you want the guy to say? I can't ask those questions? And then the guy tries to give a brave answer. And you know, now people just say, no, oh he's a quitter, right, you know, so come on.
Speaker 7: But still to ask him that after getting whipped that right, but you knew it well.
Speaker 3: I remember the last best conference he had. They let somebody come back and there was a close game and they asked him, said, well, you know, you guys keep giving it up in the end because of your defense, and he we have a good defense. You know, the famous last, famous last.
Speaker 1: Word zero at half last night when I checked, I.
Speaker 4: Think in the forty nine there's there's forty two that at halftime it was fifty six to nothing third quarter?
Speaker 1: Does that happen?
Speaker 3: I just got.
Speaker 4: Well, here's how it had.
Speaker 8: Here's one way it happens.
Speaker 4: Now, Eastern Stick the quarterback only through one interception of the game. They did cough up four fumbles. Okay, but when you think about it, what were the chances that Easton Stick was going to have any chance in a short week? Okay, Herbert gets hurt and Stick finds out basically on Sunday, he's now the quarterback. And now you've got a short week getting ready for a Thursday game and having never really played in the.
Speaker 7: NFL, probably didn't get but one practice.
Speaker 4: Even if that, yeah, right, And so I mean people should have been jumping on the Raiders if they weren't already, even even though it is the Raiders. The Raider is based on the quarterback situation in a short week. That's tough.
Speaker 7: Weren't they the ones that had trouble scoring last week?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they had a little trouble.
Speaker 4: It was it was scoreless and they lost to Minnesota three.
Speaker 8: Nothing at trouble.
Speaker 10: So they go from zero zero to sixty three, they would They went from zero to sixty and no time, like a commersion my car could go zero to sixty five seconds.
Speaker 7: So did they promote Kellen Moore to well, that's what I.
Speaker 4: Was looking up here. I haven't seen what. They've just search Kellen Moore and see if it comes up. Uh based they was on their offensive performance last night.
Speaker 3: They did they talk about the general manager also being Lego did.
Speaker 7: Yes, yeah, he's gone. So while he's looking for that, we'll go back to practicing outdoors today.
Speaker 3: And the coach got the GM fire too. That's when you're bad. When you get you take someone with you. You drag him down with you. That's a tough move.
Speaker 4: And one reporter says that they're assuming it will be Kellen Moore.
Speaker 8: They'll announce it later on.
Speaker 7: So we finally got it, and we have news coming out of Buffalo too. You tell Micah Hyde heading towards probably I R with the next stinger that he had, so he is not playing. And also how do I say it? Bill epinez A, he's out.
Speaker 4: He had a big play early in that game but only got four snaps because he got hurt.
Speaker 7: He has a rib injury had in practice and Sean McDermott announced both of those guys were out for this game. So I don't know, helps the Cowboys a little bit offensively, but the rain is still in the forecast, so they practice the wet ball, wet footballs. And I made a point of saying footballs because last night they had the SNL Christmas Show and they showed their best ofs around Christmas, and you remember the skid on the balls?
Speaker 8: No where are you going with this, Vickey?
Speaker 7: I wanted to make sure after watching that that I said, footballs, not just balls.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, all right, moving on about.
Speaker 7: I've never seen it?
Speaker 3: Right? What's what's it from? Its from the comedy shown Saturday night? Saturday Night? I mean talking about yes, good ball c h W. It was you know, it's not fall.
Speaker 7: Off the couch last night and I said, note to Mickey, when we talk about wet tomorrow, it's wet footballs.
Speaker 3: I remember that thing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, okay, So that's all the breaking news we have today.
Speaker 4: I love the way I just lay it out, let.
Speaker 7: Y, I handed hand awfully well too.
Speaker 3: You did. I tried to save you.
Speaker 4: What else is on your legal pad, Mickey? Joe Brady, Yes, offensive coordinator Joe Brady, who took over a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 7: Two of the three games that he took over, they've put up thirty some points only twenty against Kansas City, thirty four against the Eagles that got beat, and thirty two against the Jets. So maybe he's tapped into something right now. So yeah, I thought Sean McDermott had a nice comment. He was talking about how teams because I was looking at Stefan Diggs numbers over the last three games, they haven't been all that great. He's had four catches against Kansas City, six against the Eagles and four against the Jets. And he was talking about how teams make a note of taking him away and then take their chances with everything else. And somebody asked him about Gilmour having been taking on the top receiver for their teams the last game and a half and he said, uh, he said, I've got great admiration for his game. Uh to play at such a high level for so long, Uh, he said, he's The key thing is he's very aware, seems to know what the routes are that are coming. And I think we've talked about that before that he kind of by formation, kind of knows what he has to cut off and what's okay to let him have.
Speaker 3: And this is familiar territory for him, you know, he's been here right, Wow, yeah, I mean yeah, this area playing against Buffalo, right, you know he's doing well.
Speaker 7: So he's going his first round draft pick of Buffalo.
Speaker 3: At home, right. Yeah. When he goes up there, I don't think itself, what's that?
Speaker 4: As we tease our picks to click later in the show.
Speaker 3: Going back home will reflect that.
Speaker 8: Then he's under considered.
Speaker 7: It's always looking for an angle right right right now? They do how they're playing.
Speaker 3: But I would imagine that would help Bland as well. You know, I'm sure Gilmore will tell them some things. You know, hey, man, be careful here, be careful there in a game like this, you know, don't let things get away from you early. You know, if you could just hold things down, don't be so interception happy. You know one thing about games like this, it's a chess match, Okay, it's not checkers. You know. You could try to jump that first out route. But then if you miss that outroute and it's an out and up, then you're looking at the sixty seventy yard play or touchdown, right, well, then that has fuel to the fire. So as a defensive back, you got to know how to keep that squashed. If they catch a fifteen yard play. It's just a fifteen yard play. Don't get caught up in these personal battles because these are the kind of games where you got to keep you poured.
Speaker 7: Which is kind of what his mentality was going up against aj Brown. Right, what do you have seven to nine catches?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 7: It was only it wasn't even one hundred games.
Speaker 3: You know, so you won't call that shutdown. Yeah, and to me, that's an overrated term. Okay, you can let a guy catch a ten yard round, twelve yeard route. That's not going to kill you. It's the eighty yard. It's a sixty yard that's going to kill you. That brings life to the party. You don't want any life to be brought to this party. You want to make sure and keep things boring for that offense. And so that means that don't give up nothing big early.
Speaker 7: But they've also I noticed, been getting good production from James Cook. They're running a noticeable four straight games of one hundred yards from scrimmage, so they've been doing a better.
Speaker 4: Job throwing to him out of the backfield. Is gaming against Kansas City, A ten cares for fifty eight yards, really good average per carry. And five catches.
Speaker 8: For eighty three yards in a touchdown.
Speaker 7: Where's he from Georgia? It was George that's right, that's right, okay, So yeah, there's other things to worry about.
Speaker 8: And he's a guy that last year.
Speaker 4: I mean, he had Tony Pollard like five point seven yards per carry last year on just eighty nine carries, but five hundred and seven yards and twenty one catches out of the backfield eight and a half yards of reception. It's almost like they've finally unlocked the potential that James Cook always had. Of course Stalvin Cook's younger brother.
Speaker 3: Well, now you see how important Bail is going to be. It's going to be extremely important that he and Jaymon played very well this game because they are going to do all they can to try and cross these guys up. And you're talking about Cook having the one hundred you aus with scrimmage, we run our pass. We have to make sure he stays contained. You know, that's going to be their workhoorse, you know, and especially if the weather's bad, he's going to be the guy that they're going to try and use to cross up our young safeties. They saw how confused they were. About three or four games back, and I'm not talking about just three before. I mean all three of those games we had some problems with our safeties. Right this past game we did not. I'm hoping they come to play the way they did in this plass game against the Age.
Speaker 4: You know, you look back even early in the season. They had a couple of games early in the year. Now it was against Vegas and it was against Washington where they had they won thirty eight ten and thirty seven to three.
Speaker 7: Cook.
Speaker 4: In those games against Vegas he had seventeen carries for one hundred and twenty three yards and four receptions for thirty six and against Washington fifteen carries ninety eight yards, couple of catches for fourteen more yards.
Speaker 3: And so what's the offensive court of his name again?
Speaker 7: Joe Brady?
Speaker 3: Joe Brady former la Hugh Off who.
Speaker 7: Went to Carolina, didn't like them.
Speaker 3: You will concentrate on confusing them with whatever they can do with Cook, trust me.
Speaker 8: So there you go.
Speaker 4: We got more, got we got him figured out.
Speaker 7: Right, got more on Josh.
Speaker 4: Here's the other thing with their offensive line, and we'll go to break on this. It is rare and I haven't taken the time to do the research on it. They have not missed a start from their offensive lineman this year. Their offensive linemen have been healthy the entire season, and in fact, even their backups they've used. They've had active for every game the same seven or eight offensive linemen and haven't haven't missed a start or basically haven't missed a snap from their offensive line starters. And they may be the only team in the league that can say that. All right, we continue with more mix shots in just a moment.
Speaker 6: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they.
Speaker 4: Snapped the fresh guy who looks right, it's not there.
Speaker 7: He escaped slapped. He'll look for a per style.
Speaker 6: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 4: Prescott's gonna rub this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 6: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 3: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 6: Get started at Blockchain dot com.
Speaker 11: We know that juicy, cheesy, grilled to perfection burger sounds amazing, but it does sound like something is missing.
Speaker 12: Pepsi baby the yin to this burger's yang.
Speaker 11: Burgers and pepsi go together like well, like burgers and pepsi. This perfect blending of flavors makes every bite of lettuce, every sesame seed on the bun, and every sip of that crisp refreshing ice cool coola a journey to footopia. Burgers better with pepsi, That's what I like.
Speaker 12: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 13: Did you know that responding to one spam call can lead to more? Or that the IRS would never ask for your Social Security number on the phone beat scammers at their own game. By subscribing to AARP fraud Watch Network alerts and texts. At AARP dot org slash Beat Scammers TX, you can sign up to receive information that helps you recognize and avoid the latest scams. That's AARP dot org slash Beat Scammers TX.
Speaker 1: Shots k Post Roofing and Waterproofing the official roofer of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: The odds are out for the next Chargers head coach.
Speaker 8: What do you think He's at the top of the list.
Speaker 1: Kellen Moore, Bill, Bill's week, Bill Belichick very.
Speaker 8: Good, Savannah's on top of her gales.
Speaker 1: This is Bill, Bill, Yes exactly.
Speaker 4: Bill Belichick listed as three to one odds to become the next Chargers head coach. Kellen Moore is four to one, Jim Harbaugh nine to one, Dan Quinn fourteen to one, and Lincoln Riley fourteen to one.
Speaker 8: So there's some names for you.
Speaker 7: So dan Quinn's got no better chance than Lincoln Riley.
Speaker 4: Who's had a better season, well a better couple of seasons.
Speaker 7: So, by the way, Bill, if you want to know about your five offensive linemen, yes, one hundred percent, one hundred percent, ninety eight percent, ninety seven percent and ninety seven percent. The snaps of the start.
Speaker 4: Left tackle Dion Dawkins, left guard Connor McGovern, the former Dallas Cowboy center Mitch Morse University, former Sir Zuri Tiger, right guard rookie second round draft pick Osiris Torrance, and the right tackle a product of eight Man high school football in Iowa, Spencer Brown, who is a six ' nine, three hundred eleven pounder at right tackle. I think Micah can get around that edge quickly.
Speaker 7: Yes, watch out.
Speaker 4: Speaking of guys that can get around the edge, Will McLay did his Little Telestrator segment five How the Show yesterday and he showed Leonard Floyd bending that edge at six six, two hundred and forty pounds with his four to six speed and he can still bring it around the.
Speaker 3: Edge for six six.
Speaker 8: Yeah, at six six, four to six of the combine.
Speaker 7: Where was he before?
Speaker 4: Well, he was drafted and the Cowboys had interest in him. In twenty sixteen, he was drafted number nine overall by the Chicago Bears. The Bears and then he went to the Rams the last few years.
Speaker 7: He won a Super Bowl there.
Speaker 4: Yes, he was on the Super Bowl team and he's had. Now he does nine and a half sacks this year, and it's now four straight years with at least.
Speaker 8: Nine and a half sacks.
Speaker 4: He's a low He's coming into his own now here in the last four years.
Speaker 1: So are we worried about dak in the pocket getting sacked?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 1: Is that one of the biggest concerns for you guys this week?
Speaker 7: Well, at least the EPA Nisa I got it isn't going to be there. So that's one of the guys that was tied for second most sacks with six and a half.
Speaker 4: Leonard Floyd was coming off the left side, which would be Terrence Steele's side, right side of the Cowboys offense.
Speaker 3: That's been our problem, but I don't need to be brave right side.
Speaker 4: And then you got a guy named von Miller who also is in the rotation.
Speaker 3: About him, so they forget about that guy. We haven't spoken about him all week.
Speaker 4: And then he got Ed Oliver as an inside rusher who was also the ninth pick in the draft in four years ago.
Speaker 7: So the Buffalo News pointed out that replacing Eponizo would be Kingsley Jonathan would be the likely replacement, not okay. Familiar with his work.
Speaker 4: He was a college free agent last year, but Epeniza was He's basically in the rotation there.
Speaker 8: He got a lot of right.
Speaker 7: He was kind of a pass a Dante Fowler type guy.
Speaker 4: Well, he's six five and seventy five pounds.
Speaker 3: Okay, sound Based on what Savannah was saying, if I'm both, if I'm Buffalo, how do I want to attack that that? How do I want to attack him? Do I want to sit back in the zone and watch him eat this alive, keep the score down and play like North Carolina did, like Carolina did in regards to just playing back so far, keeping everything under control. Or do we want to come out and blitzing because if we come out in blitzing, we have a chance for turnovers, we have a chance for big plays on our defense. Do we want to play that way? Based on the weather in this game, based on the way Buffalo's offense is going to be playing, do we want to counter If I'm Buffalo, do I want to counter my offense with gambling and blitzing? Or do I want to play back, stay back and play in the zone and see if we can keep them from outscoring us?
Speaker 7: My thoughts on the subject that you got to keep Dak from beating you because it's a hard chore to take care of the three receivers and Jake Ferguson, and so if you think you're going to cover that, well, I think you've got a problem. So to me, I'm coming after him. Yeah, I want I want to make sure he doesn't beat me.
Speaker 3: We don't want him comfortable some McDermott's style too.
Speaker 7: Yeah, right, I got a blitz. I'm blitzing.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: As we talked about yesterday, they've got forty two sacks as a team, and there's fourteen different players who have sacks.
Speaker 8: And so I think they'll try to come at all angles.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 7: You know. I was reading and they were giving me the five different things that the Bills had to take care of, and one of them was getting off to a fast start, like not falling behind, which we've talked about the Cowboys, getting a lead and making people play ketchup. Well, last night dawned on me it's like, well many points of the Cowboys scored in the first half. It's just less than twenty points a game in the first half. And then I looked up Buffalo they've only given up eighteen points something a game. So the Cowboys were actually scoring more points in the first half than Buffalo had been giving up in the entire season in games. So something's got a break. And be interesting to see if they try to open up their offense to score. And it'll be interesting to see who decides they if they win the coin toss, they taken the ball or they deferring, because the stat from last year on the coin flip and what the teams do two hundred and fifty times last year they deferred only twenty times. Twenty two times did they take the ball?
Speaker 3: How many times you to work out.
Speaker 7: That didn't have that?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 7: Right, See, everybody thinks, well, if if I defer, then I can get two possessions double up at the right. But you're not guaranteed to get the ball at the end of the first half, right, you never know what will happen.
Speaker 3: That's why it makes no sense to me.
Speaker 7: I don't even know why you want the ball. I'm sorry track that crowd analytics, Yeah, who cares? I want the ball. I don't want to be behind five minutes in the game and I'm down seven to nothing because I let them have the ball.
Speaker 4: Especially when you have offenses like these two, who are the top two teams in the league on third down offense. Now Boys are number one, Buffalo's number two.
Speaker 3: So similar, they are so similar. I mean, firepower, quarterbacks, tighty ends, wide receivers.
Speaker 7: I got a quarterback that's leading the league with twenty eight touchdown passes. I want the ball now.
Speaker 4: Theirs has got the thirty five total including his rushing rushdowns.
Speaker 7: And they've got twenty five. Yeah, thirty five.
Speaker 3: Except for injuries. Defensively, I think we match up very well.
Speaker 1: Also, I just think there needs to be a lot of running the ball. And it was the same thing against Philly. We had to establish more of the run game. You have to do the same thing in Buffalo because you have to confuse the defense. You don't want Dak passing the entire time.
Speaker 4: You need to run the ball.
Speaker 3: To and even if they do, if they're not successfully running the ball, just get it out there in space. You know, we'll take the flare pass and things of that nature. The way we scored the touchdown, I can't who it was, but just be able to get pilot or dowling in space or even ferguson to where that could be considered a running play. We'll get five six seven yards on that and that could be considered.
Speaker 7: And that's what they will do with Josh Allen. Yeah, the last three names, he's run the ball twenty four times for one hundred and twenty eight yards and two touchdowns.
Speaker 1: Well, then Dak at the same time, if you see an open space and you don't have anybody open, go quickly, Go go quickly.
Speaker 3: I know he likes to wait, but that that's when he gets in trouble. When he waits, make up your mind. Either run it or pass it right away. And he's done very well with.
Speaker 7: That, and very well at when he's not waiting. Get out of the pocket and throw the ball. Yes, throw it on the run, because he's been pretty good at that. How about this against the Eagles, Joe Brady's offense five hundred and five total yards, they had three point thirty nine passing, but Josh Allen threw the ball fifty one times in that Now, I know it was overtime, right and they did.
Speaker 8: It was and that was a rainy game too, and.
Speaker 7: It was and they had just one possession in overtime. But yeah, ran for touchdowns. I mean, so it's it's hard to figure what they'll do because they'll get pass happy.
Speaker 3: Well, they're going to it's gonna be a heavy dosage of Josh Allen, heavy dose. Whether it's run or pass, the ball is going to be in his hands mostly.
Speaker 7: Mia Michael pointed out that there's no sliding with him. No, he said, he's dipping the shoulder and he's coming right after you.
Speaker 4: So there's interception opportunities.
Speaker 7: Yeah, or fumbled maybe if you can get a big guy like that, the fumble right the frat boy, he was so on his game yesterday, so on his game, and then they got him going on the on the not getting any holding calls, and he goes, well, they go they were such something like, well if you complain, maybe that makes it worse. And he goes, how can it be worse? He goes, I'm not complaining and I'm not getting holding calls. And if I complain, I'm not still not getting holding calls.
Speaker 3: So mean referee had to feel like crap, I forget the game. I mean, clearly he was being just dragged down.
Speaker 7: Oh the one the guy wrote his back that's to the corner back.
Speaker 3: And that's what he was fussing at the raft. Yeah, I mean the ref had to be like, okay, calm down, bro, because you're embassing me. I know I missed it. Everyone knows I missed it.
Speaker 7: In the arena, he called the game and he said, you're playing in Buffalo. This is going to be an extreme game. And he compared the Buffalo fans to Packer fans too.
Speaker 3: That's a good comparison.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that they're very loyal game.
Speaker 3: They want to they got to jumping in the stands.
Speaker 7: They're still bristling Super Bowl losses.
Speaker 1: They feel a little worse more out there the Green Bay fans.
Speaker 3: Green Bay fans, they're not jumping on tables.
Speaker 1: The Green Bay fans just wear like the cheese for the you know, but they're not jumping on tables.
Speaker 7: Or getting on top of the r vs and mooting the bus as.
Speaker 4: We left one year, that was Green Bay. No, it was Buffalo, Buffalo, Yes, okay, you missed that.
Speaker 8: I've never been to Buffalo.
Speaker 7: You've never been.
Speaker 8: I've never been.
Speaker 7: Have you never been to Niagara Falls?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: I've been to.
Speaker 7: Toronto, yeah twice. Yeah, these guys were talking about going in the TV department. Going before the game on Sunday, I said, are you kidding me? I said, you're going to take that chance of something going wrong? Oh, we're just going to Uber. I said, well, what if you don't get an Uber ride? Well, it's a four to twenty five start, I said, have at it.
Speaker 4: I've seen them all right coming up next.
Speaker 7: Oh no, yes, did you give this a lot of thought?
Speaker 8: I have given it some.
Speaker 4: See, I'm still still pondering it though I haven't come down to my well know here in a matter of moments, what our big predictions and picks to click are for our trip to Niagara Falls.
Speaker 12: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 14: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite would a pairing can cracks a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday Mornings Swag Brisky and the Smoker, Miller Lte and the two America's team playing America's Greatest Spool Miller Lite, the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys Dallas Cowboys Football taste like Miller Time Responsibly, twenty twenty three, Liberal Company for Worth Texas.
Speaker 13: Did you know that responding to one spam call can lead to more? Or that the IRS would never ask for your Social Security number on the phone? Beat scammers at their own game. By subscribing to AARP FraudWatch Network alerts and texts. At AARP dot org slash Beat Scammers TX, you can sign up to receive information that helps you recognize and avoid the latest scams. That's AARP dot org slash Beat Scammers TX.
Speaker 11: You know that sound anywhere. It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans.
Speaker 8: It's a sip.
Speaker 11: Away from perfection. That's what we're looking for at a delicious, refreshing pepsi and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of cool PEPSI. Finish nachos with pepsi.
Speaker 7: That's what I like to mixed shots to.
Speaker 1: Marcus Lawrence is the Dallas Cowboys nominee for the twenty twenty three Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year Award, presented by Nationwide. Help Tank raise funds for Dak Prescott's Faith Fight Finish Foundation by casting your vote on NFL dot com slash Man of the Year or tweet your support using the hashtag wpmy challenge. Voting ends on January eighth.
Speaker 12: Vote for Tank.
Speaker 7: Tank all right with Lawrence.
Speaker 4: And Dak's up for the Sportsmanship Award. I saw that Rooney, Yes, the Rooney Sportsmanship Award that was out there.
Speaker 3: What hasn't he won?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, well there is one thing, but the Cowboys are on their road today.
Speaker 3: Ever since as an individual, friggs.
Speaker 4: Were very literal here Dallas versus Buffalo, and the first time the Cowboys ventured to Buffalo, New York, it was War Memorial Stadium, second to last year of that venerable old stopping ground and the Cowboys won forty nine thirty seven. Everson asked the question, what happened the box score? Yeah, I got the box score. Called up Calvin Hill twenty two carries eighty four yards and four touchdowns in that game. Walt Garrison sixteen carries seventy eight yards in a touchdown. It was a game started by Craig Morton at quarterback. He was ten out of fourteen for two hundred and twenty one yards and two touchdowns.
Speaker 3: That was easy, right, And.
Speaker 4: The Cowboys intercepted Dennis Shaw three times, Chuck Hallie Leroy Jordan, and Charlie Waters with interceptions in the.
Speaker 3: What about Bob Hays was he in the game?
Speaker 4: Bob hayes, Yes, he had two catches for ninety one yards.
Speaker 3: Of your touchdown, of course there.
Speaker 4: Of course, Mike Ditka had two catches for thirty five hours.
Speaker 7: For ninety one probably one and the most notable player for the Buffalo.
Speaker 8: Bills was a guy by the name of O. J.
Speaker 4: Simpson, and fourteen carries for only twenty five yards shut him down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he must be young. Must have been a young young OJ.
Speaker 8: Well. It was nineteen seventy one, Young.
Speaker 4: Juice, there you go a trip down Cowboys the memory, but our most memorable Cowboys Bills game would be the two thousand and seven Affairs, right, mickey, which was a Monday night game where Tony Romo.
Speaker 7: Threw not one, not two, you ain't got time.
Speaker 4: Not three, not four, but five interceptions, two of them returned for touchdown.
Speaker 3: How many in the first half?
Speaker 7: I think they all were.
Speaker 3: I think they all were in the first.
Speaker 7: I think so.
Speaker 12: Crazy.
Speaker 4: No, it's about to turn for Yes, it is, young Savannah, It's about to turn for you. Because Cowboys were trailing with sixteen seconds left in the game, they get a kickoff and they were complete two passes and then Nick Folk kicks a fifty three yard field goal to win the game.
Speaker 3: Twenty five twenty crazy crazy crazy.
Speaker 7: How about that Cowboys Bills and three seasons crazy? I remember watching it.
Speaker 4: Cowboys went thirteen and three and then went to Cowboy.
Speaker 7: Does it have who had these interceptions?
Speaker 3: The Giants came in and kicked out.
Speaker 7: They in that game linebacker.
Speaker 3: For the seven years that right, that was the here that that they went all the way right?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they went through Green Bay, came through gold on a second back fast forward, and I was talking about yesterday.
Speaker 7: They were playing, as I remember, they were playing like a Tampa two Buffalo, Yeah, and they were dropping the linebackers deep and Romo insisted that he could throw over the linebacker but before the safety, and they kept intercepting the ball and he kept trying until the second half and then he figured out, Okay, I can't do that. We're going to have to throw shorter routes.
Speaker 3: So he he's smarter now in the booth.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was in Buffalo.
Speaker 4: He has a Monday night game in Buffalo. And your question was it was a Buffalo led seventeen to ten at the half. George Wilson had a twenty five yard interception return to start the game for the Bills seven to nothing, and Chris Kelsey had an interception.
Speaker 8: In the end zone. What oh so in the in the end zone?
Speaker 4: I guess he Romo was throwing out of the end zone and Chris Kelsey picked it off in the end zone for a touchdown seventeen to seven.
Speaker 3: I think that was just like a ten return to something.
Speaker 4: Folk kicked a field goal to end the first half to make it seventeen to ten. Terrence McGee for Buffalo had a one hundred three yard kickoff return for a touchdown to make it twenty four to thirteen in the third quarter, and then the Cowboys rally in the fourth a Folk field goal, then a Patrick Here's what I don't remember this part of it. Cowboys recovered an on side kick.
Speaker 7: I guess well they had to to catch up.
Speaker 8: Okay, that was what it was.
Speaker 4: Romo to Patrick Creighton with twenty seconds left in the game. Yes, made it, and then they went for two. It made twenty four to twenty two.
Speaker 7: Went for two.
Speaker 8: It failed.
Speaker 4: Then it was the on side kick that set up the Nick Folk fifty three yard field goal.
Speaker 3: So Buffalo they didn't know it was coming.
Speaker 7: Real funny, Come on, man, you didn't know it was coming. If I come on.
Speaker 4: It was the last time that an onside kick was successful until the Watermelon gig.
Speaker 7: That was that, wash folks.
Speaker 3: Rookie Year an on side kick?
Speaker 8: Jeez, yeah, why didn't make this of that?
Speaker 7: So anyway, so fulked rookie Year. It probably had to be years ago, all right, So first time he had tried to onside kick, if I remember.
Speaker 4: Wow, So they got the on side kick recovered by Tony Curtis backup tight end.
Speaker 3: The day you practice on side kicks all right as a kicker.
Speaker 7: So the Cowboys get the ball with nothing else to do all day.
Speaker 8: Cowboys get the.
Speaker 4: Ball with eighteen seconds let eighteen seconds left, Buffalo forty seven yard line. It was like a twenty three yard on side kick. They from their own thirty. It was recovered at the Buffalo forty seven.
Speaker 3: It must have been one of those.
Speaker 8: It was one of those that out.
Speaker 4: And mad race for it. Okay, So it was an incomplete pass to to and then with thirteen seconds left second and ten complete to Barber for four that got him to the forty three and then uh eight yards to Patrick Creighton to the thirty five yard line. With two seconds left on comes Nick Folk fifty three yard field goal. See you later, Buffalo twenty five to twenty four or late go ahead.
Speaker 3: And I'm watching that on YouTube.
Speaker 7: And Munas on the way Munas on the way out too by the tire.
Speaker 3: Game right YouTube and picked a click.
Speaker 15: All right, I like that now that you just had h I'm gonna go with Cowboys thirty three thirty. Speaking of game winning field goals, Aubrey is going to kick the game winner to put the Cowboys over.
Speaker 7: The stop thirty three point. How long is that field goal going to be? You got to pick the longest field goal?
Speaker 3: All right, it's going to be the weather is going to be bad, So I'm going to say forty one yards.
Speaker 4: So so you're thinking four field goals, he goes four for four on field.
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't know about field goals. We could we could go for two corners, we could go for miss an extra more.
Speaker 4: The easiest way to get to thirty three would be three touchdowns in four field.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would be the easiest way. But we don't do things easy around here.
Speaker 13: Will you.
Speaker 3: Forty one yard for winning?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 7: Savannah Jordan, You're pick?
Speaker 4: The click is yes, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: I just want to note that this is a must win game for the Bills. They are fighting for man let's However, we are bringing the heat on defense, So I am going with the Cowboys winning thirty to twenty four. Micah Parsons for my click to pick with two sacks?
Speaker 7: At you got two sacks, and what will be the longest field goal in the game?
Speaker 4: Bill?
Speaker 1: You inspired me. We're going with fifty three oh, fifty three, fifty three?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: I like that?
Speaker 7: All right. I've got the Cowboys winning twenty four to twenty, and my pick to click will be Donovan Wilson and the long the longest field goal will be forty five years's against twenty four to twenty.
Speaker 8: Twenty.
Speaker 4: Twenty four to twenty, that's right, and the longest field goes what forty five yards?
Speaker 1: Forty five?
Speaker 8: Okay?
Speaker 3: What was your pick to click?
Speaker 7: Donovan Wilson?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 7: Nice, I've got Donald I.
Speaker 3: Hope, so baby kay?
Speaker 4: All right, Bill, all right, I am going with a high scoring affair, not quite forty nine to thirty seven.
Speaker 3: Cuts.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go forty to thirty seven Cowboys, And the longest field goal will be a fifty yarder from one Brandon Aubrey, one of four field goals for him, So there'd be four touchdowns and four field goals. And in honor of the great Calvin Hill Tony Pollard click and I'm not gonna say he's going to score four touchdowns, but I'll have that.
Speaker 8: I'll give him two touchdowns.
Speaker 7: One hundred yards.
Speaker 8: Yeah, let's go for it.
Speaker 4: Okay, we're going one hundred yards, you know, Pollard has shown a little sub burse there once he gets to that second level that I've enjoyed seeing here in the last.
Speaker 7: Few weeks, he's actually run over a few people.
Speaker 3: So how long does it feel though?
Speaker 4: Fifty yarder yeah by Aubrey to win the game after an onside kick in forty to thirty seven in honor of Nick Folk.
Speaker 7: Got I got the longest one?
Speaker 1: Fifty three?
Speaker 7: You do? Yes, that's right, in honor of Nick Folk exactly.
Speaker 4: This is the Nick Folk game. No, that was the Nick Folk game right, twenty five, twenty four game. Yes, we mentioned Nick Folks so much here.
Speaker 7: Okay, I think he's still kicking for somebody is yeah he is, Yeah, he's still kicking.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 7: Angeles's position.
Speaker 4: Do you have a parting mix shot because we haven't run over today for some reason we.
Speaker 7: Have Oh no, oh gosh, we got stretched out.
Speaker 3: We're to come up here. Yeah, based on our stand this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's pondering a parting mix shot here.
Speaker 7: And make trying to think of one other thing Michael Parsons would have said. That was just after making the appearance in Buffalo. I don't believe we are. Oh, I don't know if that was it. Was not a big destination game for the Cowboy fan to go to Buffalo in December.
Speaker 8: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 7: Just remember though, when you're watching the game, and I think it's on the Bill's sidelines, so the TV cameras probably facing that way. When you see all this red up in the stant stadium, that's there under the deck. They have heating lamps up there to keep the sweet people. Are the club people warmer? No, I bet the press box is cold. I remember going to Green Bay and the press box was cold because they didn't have much heat. And lambeau Field, Yeah, come on, man, yeah, certain things just they heated the field, but they really didn't heat the press box. Or going to Philadelphia and they'd leave the window open in the visitor's press box because the camera had to have an open window, so they would leave it open and then the cameraman would leave and it was still open.
Speaker 3: You know, they treat you guys like crap.
Speaker 7: They did deservedly, so y'all just take it.
Speaker 3: They just take it.
Speaker 4: I'm beginning to regret asking Mick for a partying mix.
Speaker 3: We've done.
Speaker 7: That was good. I think we're done because people are going to wonder why it's red up.
Speaker 4: There, Okay, And so the Cowboys will still be in will they be all alone? No, the Eagles play, by the way, the Eagles play on Monday night at Seattle. So the Cowboys on Monday, by Sunday night could be all alone in first place.
Speaker 8: Settle NFC East.
Speaker 4: No, I'm saying before the game is played, the Cowboys will have a half game.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's right. And so this now right in the game and having clinched the playoff spot, that's.
Speaker 4: Right, clinch the playoff spot. And we've got an NFL triple header tomorrow. By the way, you got three games to watch on the NFL network starting.
Speaker 7: At noon tomorrow Saturday. Full of football.
Speaker 8: Nice, it's like old times.
Speaker 1: I love it, and I love UIL state championships.
Speaker 4: At a C and TC Oh, look up, the score's Ana is up twenty six nothing at halftime.
Speaker 7: Good for Foster, yep.
Speaker 4: And then you got Alito playing tonight, and you've got South Olk Cliff playing at eleven am tomorrow Duncanville I think is the three o'clock game, and then tomorrow night De Soto.
Speaker 7: And unfortunately they're all on ballet sports.
Speaker 4: Then unfortunately that's why is that unfortunate because some of us don't get bally sports.
Speaker 8: We are stubborn in our ways.
Speaker 3: So that's the personal thing. Yes, I have to get the story on that one of these days.
Speaker 4: Weren't able to watch the Rangers until they finally made the postseason. Okay, that does it for this sedition of mix Shots, and we will shout at you again on Monday when the Cowboys will be all alone in first place in the NFC East.
Speaker 3: Go Cowboys.
Speaker 2: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.