Speaker 1: Get your hand us together and we're going to start to party.
Speaker 2: And to start the party.
Speaker 1: I'm ready to party.
Speaker 3: The Elvis Duran after Party.
Speaker 4: This is the after Party podcast here. We are all right, all right, parties over this podcast. Some people just clean up after the party.
Speaker 3: No we podcast if someone else will show up and clean up this mess. So the other day, so it wasn't that long ago, we were talking about our reviews here at iHeartMedia, where we do these reviews of ourself online.
Speaker 4: How did we do?
Speaker 1: How are we doing?
Speaker 3: Are we meeting up to the expectations of the people that work with us, and are we helping other you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So Sam was listening and said, I want to comment about my year end review. So you had one of these things too, Sam, Right.
Speaker 1: Hey, how are you?
Speaker 4: We're doing well. I'm glad you're here.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Yeah, first time caller, long term listener, A big fan of you guys.
Speaker 4: Thank you. Sam.
Speaker 3: So, So you just like we have these year in reviews, you did it and what good came out of it?
Speaker 4: Anything good?
Speaker 1: Not really? I mean I was a little blindsided.
Speaker 2: You know, I've I've always you know, taken pride in my work and not feeling too.
Speaker 1: Hot about this one.
Speaker 2: To be honest with you guys, and you know reason for my calling. You know, I respect your opinions. I think you guys give.
Speaker 1: A lot of really good advice. It's like, I just wanted to talk through it.
Speaker 4: So what did they say about you and your work ethic?
Speaker 2: I mean they just set up not giving quote unquote one hundred percent, which I always do.
Speaker 1: I feel like I give one hundred and fifty percent.
Speaker 2: But there's just a lot of really strange, awkward comments. Like my manager, who is actually new in the role, said that, you know, when they look at me and when I smile, it looks like I'm unfulfilled.
Speaker 4: What so they're analyzing you through your Okay, all right? What else?
Speaker 1: What's weird?
Speaker 2: I mean just other things that you know, my work could be sharper, and that I'm not meeting specific deadlines, which I always be my deadlines everything and I'm always early.
Speaker 5: Well did you ask them to be specific? Like to say, okay, well, what do you mean by I don't meet deadlines when I always meet a deadline?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean I think that there's are some follow ups.
Speaker 2: I need to have with them, But you know, honestly, I always finish them ahead of time, and in fact, I help my coworkers with their projects. Who so again, I truly believe I'm going one hundred and fifty percent.
Speaker 3: So, Sam, I mean before this year in review, did you feel totally fine with this job?
Speaker 4: Is it something you wanted? You weren't even thinking about leaving or changing?
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, I'm about too hot about it.
Speaker 2: Like you know, I work in marketing. It's an interesting company, you know.
Speaker 1: To be honest, I don't really feel like the the culture is there.
Speaker 2: And I'll give you an example, like today is Taco Tuesday. I'm calling you for a conference room right now, I'm in the office, and they only put out vegetarian tacos. Oh, there's no carnetas, there's no fried fish, there's no charizo. They just put out vegetarian tacos. And they think that their employees are happy with that.
Speaker 5: So today you would be feeling unfulfilled.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good point, and thank you for making me laugh.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: We So are you thinking about maybe another place in this company or another company? Maybe it's time to realize that maybe you guys aren't lining up, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, you.
Speaker 4: Know, I try that vegetarian tacos.
Speaker 3: But look if they look at me and say, you're not giving you all, well that's what their perception is of me. Do I really want to fight harder to make them think I'm giving my all and give them more? Or is it time to be considering other things?
Speaker 2: Right? No? And I couldn't agree boring honestly, like maybe this is a blessing in disguise, Like maybe there's a silver lining here. Maybe it's time for me to figure out a new career path or like point of what I'm doing in.
Speaker 1: My existence, you know, like honestly, I love food. Maybe going to the food industry, Yeah.
Speaker 5: You can have a way better taco Tuesday than what they're giving you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I sure. I mean, you know, just talking off the cuff. I love sourdough.
Speaker 2: Why don't I start a micro bakery and call it Sam Sowardough?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I think the food that they're serving over there says a lot about their characters. I think you should move on, and you know you're doing yourself a favor. Get out now, because vegetarians are very finicky, weird people and.
Speaker 1: I don't want to dig a hole here.
Speaker 4: But it's just the fact that.
Speaker 1: They're not hope, my sister isn't listening, the food, that they're.
Speaker 4: Not thinking about everybody in the office.
Speaker 3: And it's like, well, we're the vegan clubs, so we're just going to do this scary scary I do.
Speaker 1: Is cut costs and burn people out.
Speaker 3: Well no, but okay, okay, see this is your opinion. Okay, maybe this is true.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: But maybe their point of view is, look, not everyone eats meat, but everyone eats vegetables. Let's have a vegetarian taco and.
Speaker 4: Everybody be happy. Maybe that's what they think is the right thing. I'm not saying I would like it.
Speaker 1: I will.
Speaker 4: I want to meet in my taco. You know what I'm saying, Scarry would not thrive.
Speaker 2: It's just there's a number of things, from the lack of culture there to the people.
Speaker 1: That I work with on it, like my colleagues as well.
Speaker 2: I feel like they all hate each other, like everyone's just always in the bad.
Speaker 1: And if you have answered everything environment.
Speaker 3: I think you've answered everything in this call you you want to move.
Speaker 4: And it doesn't mean it's a bad company.
Speaker 1: It's just isn't for you.
Speaker 3: You know, you deserve you deserve something different, something better. Do you guys want to add.
Speaker 2: To that, My entire Instagram feed is filled with sour dough bakers and people that are starting micro bakeries.
Speaker 1: It just makes sense.
Speaker 2: Here's the other thing, from like a financial standpoint, because I think we all know in marketing, especially you know, I'm mid level. It's not great money. I could probably make more money from Sourdale. I think fifteen loaves a day Monday or Friday. I'm bringing it like forty five hundred, five thousand dollars a month.
Speaker 3: You could, you know what, And even if even if you didn't bring in more money, I mean, going to where you were satisfied is really that.
Speaker 1: I couldn't agree more. I couldn't agree more. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wow, I was just really thrown off by this performance review. And maybe that's what's setting me over the edge.
Speaker 4: Well, maybe that's a great thing.
Speaker 3: This could be the best thing that's ever happened to you, even though it wasn't pleasant.
Speaker 1: But you know, like I tell someone that they look unfulfilled when they're smiling.
Speaker 5: That's the craziest one to me, because that's not really a work or performance evaluation at all. So if you can appeal it, I would go after that one for sure.
Speaker 1: That's DR violation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, do you really want to find it or is it just time to you know, keep keep your head in the keep going in there and getting that paycheck until you figure out what you're going to do.
Speaker 4: Go do it.
Speaker 2: This is a great I'm always proud of myself on taking the higher roads.
Speaker 1: I don't think I would do the HR route, I agree.
Speaker 4: Okay, how old are you, bungwe if I may ask.
Speaker 1: I'm forty. Okay, this is the most almost forty. I'm thirty nine. I'm almost forty.
Speaker 4: Doing great? Do it, Sam, go do it.
Speaker 2: I mean it's just such a big you know, change in career and changing lifestyle.
Speaker 1: I'm just like goods about it.
Speaker 4: Good and changing career and lifestyle is exactly what you want.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And if financially it ends up being kind of like six of one, half a dozen of another, or whatever they say, then why not just go for it?
Speaker 1: Or a baker's dozen or a baker.
Speaker 6: Does I think you really need a sour dough bread coming bacon.
Speaker 2: I gotta tell you guys, my sourdough is fantastic, is well, you know what.
Speaker 3: There you go and if you can actually go do like on weekends, maybe go in and watch someone who has a side our dough bread company and see how they are rate, because you know, baking it at home and baking it for a business is two different things.
Speaker 4: But you have a lot of great things ahead of you. Sam.
Speaker 1: This is good.
Speaker 4: This is Sam.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna get out of the slump. I'm just I'm so thrown off by the review. It's never never been given to me like that before. I've always done excellent work, and I've prided myself for my work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think maybe it's sign You're.
Speaker 3: The only one who can do it, Sam, and so go make it happen. Thanks for listening to us and get back to us. Let us know about your Swardo Sam or franchises. We want to buy one.
Speaker 1: I will, I will, no. I appreciate it. Guys, thanks for having me on the show.
Speaker 4: All right, take care of
Speaker 1: Ran after party