Speaker 1: Fairy tales do come true. They can happen to you, but only if you're the Lakers. What what what? Well, well, well we are back. Miles is back. Probably next week, definitely next week, Miles will be back and I'll be out. But we're not feuding. But Miles is back, and he appreciates all you all his messages, and he appreciates the fact that the Lakers straighted for Luca Dodget. So there's a scene in this kid's movie, Mitchell's Versus the Machines where the little kid is going through the phone book and just calling every line, every person in the phone book and be like, Hi, do you want to talk to me about dinosaurs? And no, okay, thank you, and then just crosses it off calls the next one. That's how I've been going through my life about the Luca trade. I'm just going up to other adults being like, Hi, do you want to talk about the Luca trade.
Speaker 2: That's same here.
Speaker 1: I can't I can't stop talking about the Luca trade. But then when I get somebody who's like, yeah, man, what that's crazy? Then I don't have anything to say besides what like wait, what how?
Speaker 3: Wow? Did what huh.
Speaker 1: So that's those are the questions we're gonna answer on today's episode with comedian and NBA podcaster Sean Keen. On today's episode, I'm Jack O'Brien.
Speaker 2: And I'm Jabari Davis. Inform my probably one more.
Speaker 1: Time, and this is yeah, next time you're gonna be in for me, and this is Miles and Jack.
Speaker 3: We all get mad busby.
Speaker 1: Dog, Sorry guy, Luka, hitch okay, driving spinning. I don't know, night, Geane. That's been so sure.
Speaker 4: The cultics are NBA champions over the couple teams, n.
Speaker 1: No show time what you yes? Well, well, well, welcome to the show. Sean Keen, how you doing? Comedian, co host of the Roundball Rock podcast alongside Joey Devine. What's going on?
Speaker 2: Man? Uh, I'm good.
Speaker 3: I had just returned to America right before the Luca deal happened. Welcome and what a well turn right back around. It was definitely the craziest thing that happened in America while I was gone.
Speaker 2: Nothing else absolutely close.
Speaker 1: It is wild because all right, so you know, my co host Miles Gray just got back from being out for three weeks and I was like, you know, all right, so like all these things I have to like tell him about that happened while he was out. The government has been taken over that you know, every everything, like a literal coup is happening, but like orchestrated by nineteen year olds who like haven't even graduated from college. But man, the Luca trade, though, like that really does feel the most is definitely the most unlikely of all those things. I will say based on my pessimistic outlook of on politics over the past few years. So yeah, I'll ask the various two questions that I've been asking everybody who I talk to about this trade? What what? Like wait, but like how did you know?
Speaker 3: Like huh why?
Speaker 1: Like why would you know?
Speaker 3: Why would they so?
Speaker 1: All right, the question on everybody's mind. Ant put it best like in his reaction to this when he was being interviewed, it's basically like they traded the best in the league at twenty five like that, I mean that's yeah, that's and then and then he does some like I get, I mean, huh, like what why'd they do that? There's been rumors that it had to do with his conditioning, a number of different factors being thrown into that.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: I guess like weight partying, complaining about the refs, like it just it just is so confounding that like the reasons they gave, Like I was, I was like, so there go, there's going to be some story that comes out that's gonna be like okay, like I still that very bad decision, but okay, I can kind of see it and that I've yet to hear that story. Have you have you guys, like gotten any any clarity.
Speaker 4: My first thought was that he must have had something he did that pissed off the Adelson family somehow, like he hates gambling or casinos right like one he was mad Mark Cuban for abandoning.
Speaker 1: His existential like yeah, like things like somebody literally was like he must. The only way this makes sense is if he has a terminal disease. And even then it doesn't make sense because you still have to do a physical so like it doesn't it doesn't make sense, like that would just validate the trade. So it doesn't make sense.
Speaker 6: None of the reasons they gave or deal breakers. None of the reasons they gave. Not only are they not deal breakers, they're not even that bad when you're getting what he's what he's providing.
Speaker 1: Sure, I just don't understand it, Like the if the condition if it's like the level of conditioning is so bad that they're like his achilles heel is like hanging on by a single strand because it's pushing around too much weight or something like. That's the only thing. But again, these are things that would come up in a physical and would invalidate the trade, like if they're doing like five like five D chess where they're just like all right, but people are gonna be too excited by how lopsided.
Speaker 2: Like.
Speaker 1: That's why we kept it a secret, was so that everybody would be like amazed, too excited, and then by the time the physical rolls around, they can't go back on it. Like that would be that would actually be impressive. I've just written the fan fiction of this trade. That makes sense. That's the only explanation I've been able to come up to for the The secrecy is really it, right, Yeah, the secret you could have gotten every pick in like five years worth of drafts. You could like drafting third also of the Dallas Mavericks.
Speaker 2: No, no, ask me for anything. I am Rob Lincoln, ask me for anything.
Speaker 1: Ask you for anything?
Speaker 2: Yeah, whatever you want.
Speaker 1: Ask could I have lebron jaus?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Could you give us your last championship?
Speaker 4: Like just.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't want to, but yes, because I'll take it. I'll take a three for one.
Speaker 1: Could we call ourselves the Lakers?
Speaker 2: You add something in the middle, but yeah, sure, if that's.
Speaker 1: What you need, and you have to be named after not the Mavericks but a different Mel Gibson movie.
Speaker 6: Okay, the Weapons, the Risks, the Bird on the Wire, whatever, what you need whatever.
Speaker 1: The Beavers with the yellow jersey would be giving teen Wolf in a way that I think would be fun. Yeah, I think, yeah, it's It's truly again, I can't. I don't have a lot to say about it, but it's all I want to talk and think about. That's the same, But I don't remember anything like this.
Speaker 3: It just feels like he drinks and he's too fat, but it's kind of like he's still twenty five, Like I'm not going to catch up. That's right, Even Sean Kemp was not ridiculously fat until he turned thirty, Like right, I just don't I think he still has the metabolism now.
Speaker 6: Yeah, if he's if he is giving you thirty four twelve and nine, which is something like that you did something like that last year and he's fat.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. I will take it. I will absolutely take it.
Speaker 1: He already looks like our Vitas the Bonus when he was in his like late thirties, So like he's gonna be able to play when he's in his late thirties, Like just get buckets. Also, you don't want like somebody who has a thing like that, like a handicap like that that La like everybody stops drinking when they moved to La.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which just sent him to like if you just sent him to Boston, like I mean you know that, I can see that, or he sent him to Philly like he yeah, but La, man, you're gonna get a like trim in shake Luka doncic Like who's mad at everything? He's already mad all the time. Yeah, like this it's gonna be so wild.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's just gonna add a couple like arawon smoothies to his dady. He's going to realize stuff just isn't open late enough to really get a fad amount of shape there. It's it's it's not that possible to have that same kind of like Midwestern Texas kind of lifestyle.
Speaker 6: I think, yeah, got got at your beach body ready. But Jack, I just want to quickly say, you referenced the secrecy of it. That's that's part of this thing that makes me the happiest is because according to reports that came out today, uh, the Utah Jazz were not aware of the deal that they were actually.
Speaker 5: In, the.
Speaker 2: Like the fact that Danny Ainge had to come out and say, I did not.
Speaker 6: Realize I was giving the Los Angeles Los Angeles Lakers the next franchise guy.
Speaker 1: For the for the foreseeable future until like thirty minutes before he still could have put the brakes on.
Speaker 2: But even he it was too late. And thank you, Thank you, Danny. I truly appreciate I truly appreciate your support.
Speaker 3: You know he did it again helping them with Westbrook too.
Speaker 1: Did he did? I mean the thing that I've heard a lot of Celtics fans being like, this is so not fair. This is what That is exactly how I felt when the Celtics got KG and y Rail and the same officer like that, That is how everybody felt. That is exactly what happened to you. It might not have been through a trade, but it.
Speaker 2: Was Michale hooked that up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like that exactly as unfair as this. I'm also not a Lakers fan. This is just so fun though, you know, yeah really as a Sixers fan who's just been like, well, I guess I'm out for this season. Now, I'm just like, I like this. This is so entertaining, Like I can't wait to watch Luca next to Lebron. And I am also like, even though I'm not a Lakers fan, I have rooted for every Lebron James team since he's been in the league, and so I do, you know, passively root for the Lakers. And this is exciting. Like we've we've seen him with a lot of different types of players, but there's not another player like Luca, so it's it's going to be interesting. And I did enjoy my time rooting for Luca last year against the Celtics, even though it was only one game that they got off them. That was a fun game.
Speaker 3: I'm just very excited for Luca in LA for the lifestyle stuff, like the paparazzi Lucas stuff. He's genuinely a weird guy, like the Lakers have never had Targasol was you know, European, but he was from Barcelona, so it kind of transferred more.
Speaker 1: He was going to be if Paugasol hadn't gotten drafted, he was going to be a Spanish doctor.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was like a surgeon. He was like, oh, yes, I guess I will play basketball. Yeah, put my surgeon career on hold, like very smooth, very continental, and Luca's yeah, Luca just gives like, I don't know. He if he was from America, he'd be like mudding on a farm in West Virginia. Yeah, absolutely, with a cut off tea.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, un ironically wearing an eastbounded down shirt.
Speaker 1: I mean I was wrong with that. What are you talking about? Do you have a problem with he's bounding down? All right?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Do we want to look at people's reactions? I mean, aunt was just taken aback. There's footage of So this is a wrinkle that I guess I'd seen this before that someone like passes someone their phone real quick while they're on the bench. But they're just like on the bench during the Sun's game, looking like passing their phones back and forth, looking at the news. Katie and Bale just like have their mouths open. Katie's like looking into the middle distance like it's that is My favorite thing about KD is like he's such a basketball fan and he's honest. Yeah, he's honest too. All Right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back. We'll probably just keep talking about this the whole show. But I mean, Darren Fox got traded to the Spurs, that would be a whole episode in and of itself. With this one, I don't know, it's yeah, seismic. We'll take a break. We'll be right back, and we're back, and let's see how other people are dealing. Let's continue to look at how other people are dealing with the news. Like we mentioned Katie and Beale, we're looking at their phones on the bench being like what wait what wait huh. But Katie, one of my favorite things about him always the consummate basketball fan. Here's his response.
Speaker 5: Yeah, would have never thought Luca don just get traded this age, you know, yeah, in mid season. It's the NBA's little house place, man, And if he can get traded, then anybody's up, you know, for grabs, you know, so yes, so fans is pretty on somebody spectator it's pretty fun. I know it's kind of nerve wrecking, no, probably, but Luca and everybody in Dallas's la a D so everybody involved.
Speaker 2: I'm sure the head is spending right now.
Speaker 1: And just as a players just kind of underscore the transactional nature of this business.
Speaker 2: Uh, It's always been transactional, you know. You Uh, there's the players are held to.
Speaker 5: A different standard of loyalty and commitment to a program, but the organizations don't get held to that same standard from the outside. What ll either whether it's from media members and chains. Uh, and we all should get held to that same stand like actual game. There's a lot of money involved, a lot of business and law too, so I mean it just goes on and on.
Speaker 2: But that was that WASI just of it.
Speaker 1: Some great fan reactions to Uh. I watched like there's a Denver podcast I think with a former guest on this show where the trade broke as they were recording, and they're just like so confident that Chams was hacked that they just they just like sit there for tenants being like that's so funny, how like look at these people they actually believe that this trade happened. This trade trade is not real. It's obviously not real. Like the guy who like same, who's like kind of willing to believe it, is being shamed by the guy who's like, dude, what like that's fiction? How how could that possibly be real? Why wouldn't they have chopped him around? Why would we all just be finding out about this right now? So the results are that Luka Doncic is on the Lakers with lebron Ja. They have some defensive question marks. Let's say they also have the best or second best offensive player of all time and the best or second best scorer in the league currently at the age of twenty five on their team. Like, what what is this going to look like? I'm excited to find out, But do you guys have any predictions?
Speaker 3: I mean, I think it's awesome that they're just gonna try to outscore everyboddy, Like that's probably not the way to win an NBA title, but it's going to be incredibly entertaining, I think because they kind of feel like they're going to have to play lebron at center, which is terrible defensively but awesome for scoring and weirdness, you know, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: That'll be so interesting.
Speaker 6: The funniest thing that I saw was, you know, the immediate reaction. And I recognize, you know, like the talking head shows, like that's what they're there for. But the first thing that people were saying was like, oh, well, hey, that's not gonna work. You know, Lebron needs the ball in his hand to do his business and old, uh, you know, Luca obviously needs the ball in his hand to do his business.
Speaker 3: Like we didn't all just.
Speaker 2: See it work with Luca and Kyrie, you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: I would I would venture to say that two of the smartest basketball minds that we've seen, like probably ever, but especially of this generation, they can figure it out together. They can figure out how to work off one another. They can figure out how they can figure out that two man game that pick and roll.
Speaker 2: My god, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 3: I mean, it worked pretty well with Lebron James and Kyrie Irving and Lebron James and Dwayne Wade, like that was a pretty successful pairing.
Speaker 1: I felt like, oh, yeah, he was on those teams. I forget how they did. Yeah, And it's not like Luca is just a pure scorer. He's a great passer, a great like just a great offensive you know, chess piece historically great.
Speaker 3: So it's gonna and no one's gonna run back on defense on the entire team, so it'll be.
Speaker 1: Like then just a dunk contest at the other end.
Speaker 2: No, but honestly, just like just quickly on that.
Speaker 6: Like Lebron has been playing off ball for the you know, like a lot more over the last few years, Austin Reeves has been the primary ball handler in the Initiator because like, again, even though it's incredible that Lebron is doing this at forty, he is forty.
Speaker 2: He is forty years old. So like, I like, to me, that initial reaction is crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's actually probably something that the talking hat should be talking about, is this cuts into Austin Reeves's touches, and that's you don't you don't want that, right, Like he's Luca's going to have to figure out how to fit in with Austin Reeves' team. You know, he's not they're not adapting to him.
Speaker 3: Bill Billy Kobe has to eat, you know, Cob he.
Speaker 1: Uh just talked about the weird and like his first picture holding the jersey up with his he just looks like a high school kid like on picture Day, like everything about him. Anyways, Ad Kyrie Clay could be interesting for the rest of this year. We'll see Ad is very good. Like the lopsidedness of the trade has people ignoring how good Ad is. He's very good. I think he's going to help them in the short term. He's an incredible defensive weapon, defensive stopper, and again, Kyrie is one of the most creative and gifted offensive players in the world, So that's gonna be fun too. The maps are going to be They're going up against the Sixers pretty soon as we're recording this, although I don't think AD's there yet.
Speaker 3: I think playing a game. Yeah, they made it. They made a trade that was like just to save plane tickets. Yeah, that's right, just like you brought your stuff.
Speaker 2: You're fine. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Looking at odds, the Lakers went from forty to one to win the title to sixteen to one to win the title. So still not like the FA by any means, but that's pretty significant improvement. Dallas now has the same odds as the Clippers and had previously been twenty five to one. Now they're going in the other direction. It would seem yeah, thirty three to one. All right, let's talk about I mean, dearon Fox to join Wemby in San Antonio is super interesting, super exciting. I am like interested to see like how that is going to fit. But I do think like that that could be lightning And also, well I don't know what Wemby is in a weather metaphor, but you know, like someone who's super fast and then having Wemby as the stopper and you know, being able to do so much on offense could be could be interesting. What are you guys' thoughts on that trade?
Speaker 3: It's funny that somebody's dream destination was the San Antonio Spurs. Now, I mean it made sense. But usually when you hear that trade demand and he's got one team in mind, it's like South Beach, Los Angeles, New York, and he was like, get me the River Walk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've got one job.
Speaker 3: But I think he fits really well because the Spurs actually have a bunch of guys to shoot threes, but they basically have no one who shoots mid range shots, and so it feels like it's gonna be like basically like no one was getting to the line except Wemby, and no one was shooting mid range shots. So suddenly they have like a functional offensive basketball team overnight. It feels like, I.
Speaker 6: Mean, and not only that, and the fact that they were able to do it without giving up you know, you know, Devin Vassal without giving up you know, so hand, without giving up you know, Stephan Castle like.
Speaker 2: Being able to do that, being able to get like.
Speaker 6: Your point guard of the of the present and future to pair with Wimby, and keeping all of those other assets, whether they're continuing to build around them or they eventually use them.
Speaker 2: That's just incredible.
Speaker 6: Like I'm not saying it's it's on the level of, you know, of a steel like the Lucas situation. And again that's mean intending no disrespect to Anthony Davis as you mentioned, is great, no disrespective Max Christy, you know that's my awkward adult son. But it is pretty significant to be able to do that, and you know, the Spurs are kind of in the driver's seat go hading into the off season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's gonna be interesting.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 3: Uh. A big part of what they gave up was just stuff they got for helping DeMar Juros and sign other places as an unrestricted free agent. It was like three of the picks they traded they just sent back to the Kings and Balls because they were so excited to get DeMar Right.
Speaker 5: Here you go.
Speaker 1: So Dallas fans like, who are going through a Like I really do feel for Dallas fans, Like watching on YouTube video. It gives me no joy to watch the videos where the one you have in here Jabari where.
Speaker 2: The dad is just going nuts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like, get me every piece of Dallas Mavericks gear and I'm gonna burn it. I never never going to any Dallas sporting event ever. I do kind of understand how you feel because I was excited about Caleb Martin coming to the Sixers this offseason and they just traded him to Dallas. So that doesn't feel great. So I get it, you got I guess right, kind of similar like we we thought he was going to be big for us this year.
Speaker 2: I was in the wondering where's he going with?
Speaker 1: I do like that was what a weird season for the Sixers. Like heading into the season, I was like, Caleb Martin is gonna be a piece. We're gonna like, oh, we're gonna be nice, and it is just I would I would throw them all back.
Speaker 2: Real question for you. We weren't planning on discussing this, but I just have to ask.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would have taken Luca probably that too.
Speaker 6: Yeah, would it stunn you if MBAs somehow moved before this deadline, Like if they go ahead and say, let's go ahead and press reset.
Speaker 1: Would anything stun me at this point?
Speaker 2: No, that's a good point.
Speaker 1: I would be disappointed because I just think whatever you're getting for him right now after this season is probably not what he's worth, like assuming that there is a future where he can play basketball again. So I'd be disappointed personally. But what are you hearing?
Speaker 2: No, it isn't even that I'm hearing anything.
Speaker 6: It's just like, and it it kind of to the point that you just made once that Luca deal went down, I'm like, Okay, anything could happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like I I.
Speaker 6: Anything as possible, But that those are gms now screaming that instead of kg's you know, screaming that. But I just look at I look at what they're doing. I look at the fact that they took another swing at it. They you know, they brought in Paul George, all of the all of the hopes and expectations that everybody had and it simply did not work. Part of me is like, you probably should have sold high on him a couple of years back, but since you didn't, you know, I don't know what playing him another half of the season, only for him to potentially get hurt would do for his stock.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know either. The other the other rumors that are getting spread around, someone called them ridiculous rumors, or would have called them that about four days ago, Jimmy to Phoenix, KD back to Golden State, Parts and Picks heading to Miami. Now, in the past, you would say, okay, you just kind of like YadA YadA past the last part where like Miami doesn't get anything like and just so that you could like make this rumor make sense, but it doesn't. Why would Miami do that? And yet here we are talking about a trade where Luca is on the Lakers, a team that was like uniquely stuck like heading into the season, everyone was like, well, the problem with the Lakers is they don't have any assets, so like you can't like get a big piece you can, and you know, the Lakers have been good at like doing the little like oh little niptop little like, oh little, this is a nice trade. This is a little yeah, rue little pieces. It makes sense and they get like three games better than they would have been otherwise.
Speaker 7: Well, they never thought it was gonna happen because they traded Dangelo Russell two months ago, you know, and we're just like, yep, there's nothing more than this eighteen million dollar expiring contract can help us with. Yeah, we're gonna Dorian Phinney Smith is the best we can do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right, Jabari, Were you excited that Rob Polka managed to pull Dalton Connect back from that trade? Gaes, Rob Polinka apparently like bad mouth Lucas fitness too much.
Speaker 6: That's the craziest part. Okay, let's be honest. I was not being hyperbolic earlier. When I said Jack asked me for anything within reason, I would have said yes, and you you can have it.
Speaker 2: If and I like Dalton Connect, I like him a lot. I think he's going to be good. Jack knows.
Speaker 6: I was praising him to the I Heaven's especially in the early season when it looked like he was like, Okay, we got one of those.
Speaker 2: If they wanted him, they could have had him and the fact for.
Speaker 6: The fact that the fact exactly connect four dunches, that's actually damn good. I would I would have given him a ride to the you know, to the airport myself if they wanted.
Speaker 1: And he doesn't say that lightly. By the way, there's a chance the Lakers would have asked to drive to the airport about seven hours.
Speaker 3: I'll take me about seven hours to drive back to l A.
Speaker 2: And I got you, big dog, I got you.
Speaker 1: I'd like to make this trade. But who's going to drive into the airport.
Speaker 2: Recording? No, But you know, like whatever, it would have taken.
Speaker 6: But the fact that they were able to do that, the fact that Rob Lincoln was able to get this done, I will double back and say and give credit words due because I went into this, like I went into the off season saying, hey, look, I'm not happy with the direction. We doesn't look like they have any plan whatsoever. It doesn't look like they know anything beyond you know, Clutch Mafia and all of that stuff. And that it has been great, you know, to a point. But the fact that he answered with this deal, the fact that it's like, yeah, so now what you know what, Rob, You're probably going to get your statue. You're probably going to get your statue because you've been a part of it. You've been part of the organization. They brought in a d won a title, and in you know, within the next five years, found a way to bring in Luka.
Speaker 1: So man degenitive nerve condition. That's the only thing that like I can put like that.
Speaker 3: Don't put that evil on me.
Speaker 1: I'm not talking about you say the only way that Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: I like something in elementary school that was I was informed that was very a big threat like that.
Speaker 1: They somehow know about it, but nobody, like the doctors aren't able to later. It's truly like I have to resort to magic or like curses of some sort to make sense of it. All right, it's time for the don't look now rundown of the week. This was my catchphrase earlier in the year. Every time the seventy six ers won a game, I would say, Jabbari, don't look now. But the seventy six ers now have four wins. They're now four and nineteen. But the true don't look now teams of the year of the moment, the Memphis Grizzlies have won nine of ten. They're now the two seed in the West. Jaw was hurt for part of that time. They're still They're just ball Memphis, you know, everybody. It seemed almost too easy to be like, they're my sleeper. They were bad last year, they're gonna be good this year now that they got Jamerant back. But it was easy for a reason. It made sense. Milwaukee has dropped four straight. They're back down to the fifth seed. It's called the Jacks Don't Look Now curse because I gave them a don't look now highlight last week or the week before, and now they are plummeting four in a row. Fifth seed. I can't imagine what that must be like to have a team underperforming in the East. Orlando got Polo and Franz back uh and has dropped nine of ten. What is happening Orlando? This guys need to learn to get along. Or they could trade Paolo to the Sixers for I'm not gonna give him am bead, but you.
Speaker 3: Know, okay, maybe that's cool, Nah, maybe he's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I Thinkubra might be a might be a piece that makes sense in that trade. And then we just want to read through. Kate Cunningham over the last eight games thirty point six boards, fourteen assists, twenty two points three boards, fifteen assists, forty points six boards for assists thirty two five and nine. Uh, twenty two, three and seven, thirty five five and eleven, twenty nine six and eleven, thirty two, nine and seven. Dude is absolutely balling.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Uh.
Speaker 1: And then Booker became The Sun's franchise leader in points in his tenth season, which is wild, Like, first of all, that he's in his tenth season as wild because he just I don't know if it's like the babyface or what or just me being old as hell, but I still.
Speaker 2: Think, yeah, yeah, I mean that doesn't know, that doesn't hurt.
Speaker 1: But yeah, like three years older than Luca Dodge.
Speaker 2: It they got him at twenty five.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't. All right, let's take a quick break and then we'll come back and do the rapid fire round of questioning. And we're back and it's a wrap fire round of questioning, Sean Keen, you stepped into the danger zone is what seismologists call it. This is the fast round of questioning and podcast his We're gonna throw some questions at you. You have to make up your mind real fast, don't even think about it. But when we ask you to justify your reasoning, you have to have crystal clear logic. We are gonna move like the wind, and you just have to try and keep up, all right. And also you're gonna help us pick the game of the week, give it a week? Are you ready?
Speaker 3: And I don't really care.
Speaker 1: About your answer, to be honest, because that's the kind of energy of this thing. I don't really care if you're ready.
Speaker 2: You understand whatever's got you, and you talk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right, Brian, start the clock. Hey, all right, you want to go first?
Speaker 2: Sure? I got you, I got you, all right.
Speaker 6: All right, first one for you. It's a this or that scenario. Which player or duo would you choose for the next three years? A six foot six step at his current age or Wimby?
Speaker 3: Wait? Wait, which one do I want?
Speaker 2: Which one do you want? For the next three years?
Speaker 3: I'm staying hometown with Steph.
Speaker 2: Step They're going to six sixth Step is scary?
Speaker 1: Do you think Steph is really six three? Because he no, he's like six one. So this is a true six foot six.
Speaker 3: Yeah, taller than Draymond Green. Yeah, there you go that would be interesting.
Speaker 1: Or Wemby and possibly the only person who would have been a bigger surprise for the Lakers to get in Wemby and you picked and you picked six foot six steps good, good choice. In no way, by Its all right. You got Joker with a d's defensive capabilities or Yannie with Embiid's knees and feet. No, sorry with it, Janie with Embiid's offensive game and touch.
Speaker 3: I want I want the defense Joker, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: After after I was like, yeah, that's an obvious I love I love Jabari just.
Speaker 1: Like stacks these so that they're embarrassing and demoralizing to me as an Embiid fan, just like you want the best offensive player of all time with the defensive skills of one of the best defenders in the league. Or a guy who's good at offense with Jack's favorite players offensive game. Okay, good one. Really really it was a thinker.
Speaker 2: Here for the chape last one for you, and this one.
Speaker 6: It could come to fruition Luca and Lebron as a duo or Steph and Jimmy as a duo.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm still taking Lucan Lebron. I can't ride that bar with Steph Curry. I do think the Warriors are approaching the trade deadline like it's last call at a bar, so to be a rumor about them and literally anyone in the NBA, and they're just they're just throwing themselves at every vaguely attractive star in the league right now.
Speaker 1: And it's still going to be like, well, thanks, it's cool, but I mean it's not. No, No, Jimmy is awesome like that. Yeah, what he did three years ago was so cool. Yeah, how old is Luca? He's like twenty five, so he's probably like SMA three years worse. Whereas Luca probably this year better than last year when he took his team to the finals by himself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you need him, if you need him.
Speaker 1: All right, it's time to decide on game of the week. Game of the week. On Thursday, we've got the MAVs at the Celtics or your Warriors at the Los Angeles Lakers. Luca Downtrish will not be playing yet as far as we know. Those are both. On TNT Saturday, we've got the Celtics at the Knicks on ABC or the Pacers at the Lakers. Luka Doncic is expected to suit up for this game. This is a tough one. I don't know. I can't figure out which would be the best game here, most interesting game.
Speaker 3: So I'm I'm look. I know Sunday might be Lucas home debut with the Lakers, but I'm picking that one because of the bad blood from the n Season tournament last year. The Pacers want they didn't get to drink champagne in Vegas last year. They've had a chip on their shoulders since then. You were going to see Andrew nemhard.
Speaker 1: Uh. I'm tuning in form.
Speaker 3: They are gonna be. They are gonna be all t TJ McConnell is gonna have in this one.
Speaker 1: That's I mean, I can't I can't wait to hear the call on this one where they're just like TJ McConnell has come to he said, not so fast. Yeah, I think that's the right pick for those reasons. And that has been the rapid fire out of questioning, and despite me making fun of one of your answers, you actually did get everything correct somehow is that do we have that correct? That's weird anyway, Sean Keen, it's been a pleasure having you where can people find you?
Speaker 3: Follow you, hear you all that good stuff at Sean Keen on Twitter. You can listen to the round Ball Rock podcast. You can hear me at Golden Stead of Mind and Yard Barker and I'll be at the Sacramento the San Francisco Punchline in a week and a half with Catherine Blanford.
Speaker 1: Awesome, amazing Jabari. Where can people find you?
Speaker 6: Mainly on Blue Sky Jabori Davis NBA. You can probably find me on Twitter as well, lurking in the shadows a Davis like a creep.
Speaker 1: You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O'Brien and on Blue Sky at Jack oh b the Number one. And we're hashtag mat Boosti on the various socials for show lengths and updates, and be sure to join the combo short for a conversation on our discord, which you can also find a link for when you search hashtag my boosties. And that's gonna do it For this week's episode, I wonder if, like, what what could happen this week? You know who knows the sky is the limit? Apparently looking forward to joining again in a couple of weeks. When Jokic is on the seventy six ers untill then yeah, come on, why not. They're just like, we don't like how much he's into horse racing. It's it's just like weird. It's like annoying, you know, Like their explanations for the trade like are like a person who's been in a related who's just like tired of their ex you know, and they're like, it's just like, I don't know. The way he talks about horse racing is just like, yeah, we get like you talk about all you know and then makes a catastrophic decision. Yeah. Anyways, Uh, more of me just trying to wrap my mind around this trade for the rest of the season. On future episodes of Matt Bous Season, we'll talk to y'all then bye bye,