Speaker 1: I Am all In.
Speaker 2: Let's you.
Speaker 3: I Am all In with Scott Patterson an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: Hey Everybody, Scott Patterson, I Am all In podcast, iHeart Radio one eleven productions, also iHeart Podcasts and iHeart Media and one eleven podcasts and one eleven Media. Pop Culture Seene six, Episode seven twenty one is the Loneliest Number, joined by my intrepid crew, the Queen, the newly minted Queen Susanne French Amy Sugarman. Of course you know where you love her? Uh, Susanne take us away all right?
Speaker 4: So in the beginning, Luca's trying to lift the dollhouse and can't figure out how Richard got it there, and he says, no, guys, your dad is Hercules. Hercules is the Roman equivalent of the Greek divine hero Heracles, son of Jupiter, and the mortal Alcmena. In classical mythology, Hercules is famous for his strength and for his numerous far ranging adventures.
Speaker 2: Sounds like someone I know of, Amy, go right ahead.
Speaker 3: It always just makes me think of that, what is that from a Hercules Hercules?
Speaker 5: When Eddie Murphy says it, who Eddie.
Speaker 2: Hey, what.
Speaker 5: It's from that?
Speaker 3: I forget and I can just hear Edi Eddie Murphy saying hercules, hercules. I think is it from what's that movie with the green thing?
Speaker 1: Oh, Shrek shreck? I don't know, think, I don't think so.
Speaker 3: Rory waking up from her dream. Rory, I just had a dream that Madeleine Albright was my mother. Madeline Albright was an American diplomat and political scientist who served as a sixty fourth United States Secretary of State from ninety seven to two thousand and one. A member of the Democratic Party, Albright was the first woman to hold that post.
Speaker 5: That was pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, random, all right, Yeah it was. It was really very random. That's a light. That's a light, Laurele I, I want to be a mad scientist. I'm gonna come out bloodstained, white lab coat, freaky makeup, and big Don King kind of hair do. Don King is an American boxing promoter known for his involvement in several historic boxing matchups. Don King had noticeably wacky and wild hair, which created speculation over the years whether it was real or not his hair origins. His hair's origin story was told by King himself when speaking of the Los Angeles Times in nineteen eighty six. I was trying to go to sleep. I didn't know which way I was going to go with my life, what I was going to do. All of a sudden, there was this rumbling in my head. It was just like a volcano eruption. My hair began to pop up, ping ping ping ping, chero Stan Christine and Beautifully's standing up beautifully. Yeah, okay, we're not buying that one.
Speaker 5: Don King is still alive in his nineties.
Speaker 2: And I and spent still spending Mike Tyson's money.
Speaker 5: Well worth over two hundred and fifty million dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, two hundred million is Mike Tyson's anyway, go ahead, Okay.
Speaker 4: This is Laura I telling Luke about her Halloween plans. Okay, and so I come out and do mad scientist banter like hey who hears from Bellevue and girl interrupted.
Speaker 2: Now that's my.
Speaker 4: Idea of a feel good movie. I'll work on it, but anyway, after that, I'm going to drag you out. Bellevue Hospital is a hospital in New York City and the oldest public hospital in the United States. Historically, Bellevue was frequently associated with its treatment of mentally ill patients and Bellevue became a local pejorative slang term for a psychiatric hospital. Girl Interrupted is a nineteen ninety nine American psychological drama film based on the nineteen ninety three memoir of the same name by Susanna Cason, starring Winona Writer, Angelina, Jolie, Clea Duval, Brittany Murphy, Elizabeth Moss, Jared Leito, Angela Bettis, Jeffrey Tambor, Vanessa Redgrave, and Woope Goldberg. I guess I need to watch this.
Speaker 5: Have you never seen?
Speaker 2: She won an oscar for it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's good for it.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm gonna watch it.
Speaker 1: It's good.
Speaker 4: Follows a young woman who spends eighteen months institutionalized at a psychiatric hospital following a suicide attempt.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's an interesting move.
Speaker 4: It's quite the list of stars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, uh luke reacting to lorealized Halloween plans, What are the odds of you getting me to do a skit where you electrocute me, cut me open, and pull link sausages out of me?
Speaker 5: Because I'm thinking there right.
Speaker 3: Up there with Pia Zadora making a big comeback Piazadora, which is weird because I always thought it was it's interesting that it's Pia Zadora. I think I always thought it was Pia Zadora.
Speaker 5: I don't know, but anyway.
Speaker 3: Pas Zadora is an American actress and singer who came to national attention in nineteen eighty one.
Speaker 5: She won the Golden Globe Award as New Star of the Year.
Speaker 3: While simultaneously winning the Golden Raspberry Award for Worst Actress and Worst New Star for the same performance in the film Butterfly. In the eighties, Zadora's film career failed to achieve critical success, she switched her focus to music.
Speaker 5: Why am I blurring Pia Zadora with the Lady green Acres?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: That's yeah, because they literally blurred, right.
Speaker 5: I guess I'm just not used to a name with the C in it.
Speaker 2: No, No, it's a very strange rory having dinner with Emily and Richard Roy. It's been weeks since I've had anything that hasn't been supersized for dinner. The phrase supersize, while particularly used by McDonald's restaurants to upsize their french fries and soft drinks to an extra large size. In the United States, McDonald's introduced the supersized option in the summer of nineteen eighty seven. Seven and what a summer that was. Oh Supersize Me is a two thousand and four American documentary following director Morgan Spurlock on a thirty day period which he ate only McDonald's food.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was a little crazy when they put the bun in the cabinet for like a year, and then it was still just fine.
Speaker 1: Yeap, oh gosh, Okay.
Speaker 4: This is Rory telling Reverend boat Right that she isn't a virgin and he says, well, Rory says, so have you seen the forty year old Virgin because.
Speaker 2: You might like it? Right, that's a great button on that forty.
Speaker 4: Year old Virgin is two thousand and five American romantic comedy film directed by jud Appataus, starring Steve Carell, Paul Rudd, Romany Malco, Seth Rogen, and Catherine Keener. The film follows Andy Stitzer Steve Carell, an introverted single guy who works at a big box store, lives alone, and spends his free time playing video games and curating his action figure collection. Despite his age, Andy has never had sex, so his friends push Andy toward losing his virginity.
Speaker 2: Amy Europe to the plate.
Speaker 5: Here, Luke Drinkin' the Rory. Luke says, tasted pink.
Speaker 3: I mean, like really really tasted really pink, like pink pink. God, that's terrible. It's like drinking My Little Pony, my Little for all. That's a very funny line. My Little Pony is a toy line I just purchased sum at Target. They're hot as ever and it's a media franchise developed by American toy company has Borrow, which reminds me of Esco Up. The first toys were developed in nineteen eighty one. Ponies featured colorful bodies, mains, and a unique symbol on one or both sides, referred to as a QT mark. My five year old niece loves My Little Pony, and she'll make me try to memorize all their.
Speaker 5: Names like My Little Ponies, though can't.
Speaker 1: They're like like Will Haunting and good Will he like.
Speaker 5: Ice cream raspberry. They're real cute names.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, Lorelei complaining about the Rory drink. Lorelei, we were going to drink Martini's the rat Prack, drank Martini's. James Bond drank Martini the rat Pack was an informal group of entertainers who made films and appeared together in Las Vegas casino venues. They originated in the early fifties as a group of a list show business friends such as Earl Flynn, Nat King, Cole, Mickey Rooney and Frank Sinatra. In the sixties, the group featured Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Junior, Joey Bishop, and Peter Lawford, and I think Don Rickles was involved with them too. They appeared together in the Film's Ocean Eleven and Sergeant the Original Ocean's Elevens and Sergeant's Three, and Robin Hood Robin and the Seven Hoods. James Bond is a character created by British journalists and novelist Ian Fleming in nineteen fifty three as a prodag. He is the protagonist of the James Bond series of novels, films, comics and video games. And nobody had more fun in the history of the entertainment business than the rat Pack. Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: Okay, So this is Laurel I joking with Rory about renovating the house and.
Speaker 5: She says no.
Speaker 4: Me and John O'Hurley Luke doesn't know yet. I hope he takes it okay. John O'Hurley is an American actor, comedian, singer, author, game show host, and television personality. He is known for his portrayal of Jay Peterman on the NBC sitcom Seinfeld, for hosting the game show Family Feud from two thousand and six to twenty ten, and his voice acting as the original King Neptune on SpongeBob SquarePants.
Speaker 2: That Jay Peterman characters unforgettable. He did a great job with that character, Elaine. Let me show you the scarf from Mike Travels Dan. I mean, just a fantastic portrayal. All right, that's going to wrap it up for pop culture everybody. Next episode, season six, episode eight, let me hear your Bala Lakes ring out. We'll see next time. Thank you, Amy, Thank you Suzan. We'll see you next time. Best fans on the planet. Keep those cards and letters and emails and pigeon notes and all kinds of things common at us. We love you, we need you, we appreciate you, and always remember we and I am all in. Stay safe everyone, Hey, everybody, and don't forget Follow us on Instagram at I am all in podcast, and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com.