Speaker 1: Wake that ass up in the morning. The breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Morning, everybody is DJ.
Speaker 3: Envy Jess hilarious. Shall I mean the guy? We are the breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 2: And Monday night football.
Speaker 3: The Broncos beat the Browns forty one two. All right, good morning, morning.
Speaker 4: Good morning, good morning. How y'all feeling this morning?
Speaker 2: It's Morgan?
Speaker 4: All right, it's Giving Tuesday.
Speaker 5: But you know, I'm not gonna get too much into that just yet, because the only thing giving right now are these reactions to President Biden pardning his son. So Biden initially promised that he would not pardon or commute hunter sentence on a Hunter's sentence on federal gun and tax evasion charges. In case you missed it, let's roll tape on Biden to hear those comments.
Speaker 6: I shall I advide by the jury decision.
Speaker 2: I will do that, and I will not partner.
Speaker 5: So Biden initially promised, excuse me, yes, So Republicans and some Democrats, of course, like you mentioned earlier, v are not happy with this part and Biden claimed, claiming that Biden put his family above the country or ahead of the country.
Speaker 4: Meanwhile, White, what other reason was he doing for.
Speaker 5: The White House is defending Biden's decision to pardon his son Hunter, saying the decision came just this past weekend.
Speaker 4: Karine Jean Pierre, the Press secretary.
Speaker 5: She spoke to reporters as Biden boarded Air Force one to travel to Africa.
Speaker 4: Yesterday. He has headed to Angola.
Speaker 5: Let's hear more from White House Press Secretary Kaarine Jean Pierre on the pardon.
Speaker 7: Those who are late paying their taxes because of serious addictions but paid them back subsequently with interests and penalties are typically given non criminal resolutions. It is clear that Hunter was treated differently.
Speaker 5: I was just about to say, who who getting on a criminal because yeah, like you said, not when you're black book, I'll speaker Mike Johnson. He also criticized the decision in a post on X, saying Biden is abusing the justice system. Now, your comments, Charlemagne has been picked up all over, you know, across many TV networks. What are you making of this now that you know the dust has settled a little bit.
Speaker 4: Anyways, I feel.
Speaker 1: The same way I did yesterday.
Speaker 8: And you know, Biden wouldn't be in this position if he didn't say, you know, a few weeks ago that he wasn't going to pardon his son, because he's the one who said he wouldn't do it because he has a respect for the rule of law. That's his fault, because Democrats always want to act like they staying on this moral high ground, like be unapologetic about it. Trump don't explain why he pardons his people. But he also doesn't act like he's above doing things like that.
Speaker 2: But people could change their mind though, right.
Speaker 3: Maybe he thought that Kamala Harris was going to get in office and he was like, we'll take care of it later, and then when he realized Kamala.
Speaker 2: Was losing, he's like, now I'm not playing this game. I'm gonna get my son out of here.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 2: People change them, I'm.
Speaker 8: Sure, right, But once again, don't act like you're you're standing on this moral high ground. Don't stay things like you respect the rule of law, because because that's not something.
Speaker 2: That's you change. Right.
Speaker 1: We should always respect the rule of law, of course.
Speaker 5: So don't I know, when you're on your way out, things may change, right.
Speaker 2: And he might be on his way out, way out.
Speaker 3: But you know, it's funny to me when I had when I heard Trump start talking about, Oh, I can't believe you doing.
Speaker 2: I'm like, do you see all the people that Trump parton. He's part of his son's some stepdaddy parted everybody.
Speaker 8: So once again, Republicans are more sincere about their lives than Democrats are about their truth.
Speaker 2: I've been saying that for years and it hasn't changed.
Speaker 8: And you know, Biden should be doing he should since he's a proud offer of things like the eighty six Anti Drug Abuse ac and the ninety four Crime Bill. He should pardon everybody in federal prison for a non violent weed defense. We mean, that's something else we've been saying for the last couple of years. Absolutely, you in federal prison right now for a non violent weed defense. Joe Biden should party.
Speaker 2: And this is a full.
Speaker 3: Party, right Morgan where he can't be charged or tried for ten years between the last last ten years right from twenty fourteen.
Speaker 4: Ever read that Absolutely, yes.
Speaker 8: The prostitute and all that just party stuff in Ukraine, all hundred Biden's crimes.
Speaker 1: Yep, he cleaned them up.
Speaker 5: Speaking of which, Chad Cronister, who is the Hillsbury County Sheriff, and he has been nominated by President elect Trump to head the Drug Enforcement Administration. Now, the funny thing about Cronister is his father in law, Eddie de Bartolow, who you mentioned earlier. He is the former San Francisco forty nine ers own owner who was pardoned by Trump during his first term after the nineteen ninety eight plea deal in a Louisiana gambling case.
Speaker 4: Now, okay, the father.
Speaker 5: In law of the DEA elect or select anyways by Trump. So trad Carnister, his agency has participated in DEA programs on a local level to fight the opioate crisis.
Speaker 4: Let's hear more from him.
Speaker 6: I could feel more privileged and thankful that the DEA has now brought the three sixty program here did the Tampa Bay area to help us combat this crisis.
Speaker 9: This is not an epidemic that we're going to arrest our way out of. It is going to take treatment, prevention, education, and obviously enforcement.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's the Drug Enforcement Administration, the DEA. So, of course Cronister, he has been in law enforcement for three decades, Sheriff at Hillsboro County since twenty seventeen, and he went on to say he is committed to stopping the drug traffickers and keeping their highly addictive drugs off our streets and out of our neighborhoods.
Speaker 4: So yeah, so it's cool when they do it. It's a problem when I do.
Speaker 8: Listen once once again though, Trump is unapologetic, but it right parts to his people giving them jobs in his administration and not explaining it. Are acting like he's above doing things like that, right right, that's the difference very much.
Speaker 4: All right, looks like we're running out of time.
Speaker 5: But again, it is Giving Tuesday, so nonprofits are looking for your support today. The occasion happens on the first Tuesday after Thanksgiving each year, following Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, and Cyber Monday. The effort has been growing in popularity in recent years, with more than three billion dollars in donations made on Giving Tuesday in twenty twenty three. For those who are looking for a local organization to support great nonprofits, dot org has reviews for charities that are searchable by state based on.
Speaker 4: Here you live.
Speaker 5: So if you're looking to give, today is the day to do it. Give every day. Giveing Tuesday, it's today, all right. Yeah. The more front page news about where your president is and where your president elect is coming up at seventh.
Speaker 1: All right, wake that ass up in the morning, the breakfast club.
Speaker 3: Morning, everybody is DJ Envy Jess Hilariouschelamine the guy. We are to breakfast club. Let's getting some front page news now.
Speaker 2: Last night in Monday Night football, Lebroncos breathed the Browns forty one thirty two. All right, now where we.
Speaker 4: Start, Morgan, We're starting with the President.
Speaker 5: He has headed overseas and good morning to y'all.
Speaker 4: How y'all feeling you're school?
Speaker 9: Good?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 5: Yeah, So President Biden, he's the first sitting president to visit the African.
Speaker 4: Nation of Angola this week.
Speaker 5: His trip is scheduled through the fourth and we'll begin with a meeting with the President of Angola at the capital of Luanda.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 5: The White House says the goal is to deepen ties between the two countries and highlight recent US investments in the African nation. Now is supporting a railway project that will export minerals from Central Africa.
Speaker 4: To the Angolan part of Libido.
Speaker 5: Biden was initially set to go to Angola back in October, but the trip was postponed because of Hurricane Milton, and he stayed behind to respond to the aftermath of Milton. Now, meanwhile, President elect Trump He's headed to Paris this weekend and a post on truth Social on Monday, he said he'll travel on Saturday to attend the reopening of Notre Dame, the Notre Cathedral, which has been fully restored after a devastating fire five years ago. He added that French President Emmanuel Marcron has done a wonderful job ensuring Notre Dame has been restored.
Speaker 4: To its full level of glory.
Speaker 5: It'll be Trump's for He was elected to a second term in office last month. Also, President elect Trump's cabinet picks are making rounds with senators on Capitol Hill. Former Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi is Trump's nominee for AG. This comes after math Gates, the whole Gate situation. The gates Gate situation happened, and of course she met with Republican Senator Chuck Grassley of Iowa. Let's hear from them at the Senate Judiciary Committee.
Speaker 1: I hope that you feel the honor that you should feel for having this nomination from President Trump.
Speaker 10: I do, Chairman, should I earn the trust and the nomination from all of the Senators. I will do my best every day to work tirelessly for the American people, and I will make you the President and our country proud.
Speaker 5: Now, it is important to note that the Attorney General of the AG is supposed to be a bipartisan position. It is, and it is a position that needs to be confirmed by the Senate. Now, Grassley is the incoming chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee. And of course Trump has named over two dozen people to top positions in his administration.
Speaker 4: Now the latest is.
Speaker 5: Cash Mattel, who we talked about yesterday, to replace FBI Director Christopher Ray, who ironically is a Republican initially appointed by Trump back in twenty seventeen. Christopher Ray would excuse me, Patel would be replacing Ray, which means Trump would have to force him to step down. Now Patel is the former Justice Department prosecutor.
Speaker 4: Any thoughts on these things?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 4: See oh no, all right again.
Speaker 5: California lawmakers are starting to starting a special session that would request at the request of Governor Gavin Newsom, who says he wants to Trump prove his state.
Speaker 4: Now, political analyst Mike Lurie.
Speaker 5: Says this is about optics as Newsom positions himself for a possible run in twenty twenty eight. Let's hear from Mike Lourie the political analysts on this.
Speaker 11: Newsom wants to expand his national profile and position himself as the anti Trump, and it's worked in some ways. He's gotten lots of attention, including a big New York Times article giving him the national press that he craved.
Speaker 5: Yes, So Lourie goes on to say that Newsom has three problems right now. California is a toxic brand, with more than eight hundred thousand people leaving the state since twenty twenty. So says that President Elect Trump is also more popular than Newsome nationwide, being the and the anti Trump thing that he's doing Newsom is doing, he said it's not necessarily a winning strategy, and he also went on to say that Newsom is asking for money when the state is facing a two billion dollar deficit, so none of this is supposedly going to work in his favor, according to this political analyst. Now Newsom is asking the legislature for twenty five million dollars to fund possible litigation if the Trump administration enacts rules that impact California policies.
Speaker 4: Now, I'm not sure if this is a good.
Speaker 5: Disbursement of resources, considering that who would prosecute the forthcoming administration, especially when Trump is making all of these appointments and nominations. So as you are talking about, you know, the Dems rallying, trying to figure out, you know, what strategies are working, what are your thoughts on this?
Speaker 8: I'll say one thing about Gavin Newsom, and I think I said this before, but I enjoy his media strategy. Like you know, he's been going on Fox News for the past year. I think we all remember the debate he had with Ron DeSantis on Fox News. He's got his own podcast with Marshawn Lynch and Doug Hendrickson, which I think is very important because it's a way to build real connection and trust with people. And I like how Gavin Newsom makes everything he's doing a story. We heard about him visiting counties that flipped red in California, and now we hear about him trying to Trump proof California. He knows how to make everything news and that's something that all politicians who are thinking about twenty twenty eight. They need to be doing now, like, don't wait until twenty twenty six to start your campaigns. You gotta start campaigning right now. And I think he's doing that with his media strategy. And I think him having that podcast Politic And with Marshawn Lynch and Doug Hendrickson is very important because Marshawn Lynch brings like just a certain level of reason in reality to it, while while Gavin is dead talking politics. You know, I think it's a very good podcast. I think everybody who wants to run in twenty twenty eight should have some have their own platform. I think We's More should have his own platform. I think Jos Shapil should have his own platform. I think Governor Women should have her own platform, Like all of them should have their own platform.
Speaker 2: Gavin Newsom is ahead of the curve on that.
Speaker 5: An exercise some of that unapologeticness, like you know the President.
Speaker 8: Nikki Haley, Nikki Heley, I was on her show last week. She's got her own radio show on serious exemp So all of these people who are going to be in the mix for twenty twenty eight, you know, some of them are ahead of the curve, Like the Gavin Newsoms and Nikki Hally' because they got their own platforms.
Speaker 5: Right now saying straight from the source, from the table, that's what we want, okay, all right and bringing things home to New York Governor Kathy Hochel is kicking off a state wide campaign to raise awareness about New York's paid parental leave policy.
Speaker 4: Which takes effect in the new year. Dang, jess, you had the baby too early.
Speaker 5: She's heard stories from struggling moms and moms to be about how they skipped pregnancy related medical appointments. Governor Hoko describes how pregnant workers will benefit from New York's paid parental leave policy.
Speaker 4: Let's hear more from New York Governor Kathy.
Speaker 12: To take the time off for it, because they would be leaving money with their employer and not in their packet books when they're trying to deal with the ever escalating costs of life in America. They just if they need to take a couple hours off for a doctor portment up to twenty hours during the pregnancy, the employer is required to continue their normal wages.
Speaker 3: So yeah, prenatal leave policy, prenatal, isn't it prenatal?
Speaker 4: Pre natal yeah, good paid again.
Speaker 5: Damn So if the January first pregnant workers, we'll be able to take up to twenty hours of paid time off for such appointments.
Speaker 4: The campaign will.
Speaker 5: Notify eligible New Yorkers and businesses about the policy she signed into law back in April via subway ads, social media outreach, and virtual media tour and more So, if you're pregnant, and you will be pregnant throughout the first or the top of the year, and you're in New York, you know, make sure you take advantage of these twenty hours time off if you need it.
Speaker 4: So yep, that's your front base news.
Speaker 5: It would follow me on social at Morgan Media and for more news coverage, follow at Black Information Network. Download the free iHeartRadio app and visit us at b I nnews dot com. Thank y'all, Happy Tuesday, Give Itesday, Give something behind, not yet, not yet, but you know, so let me get some Let me get something from that.
Speaker 4: I got your.
Speaker 1: You got you wake that ass up in the morning. The Breakfast Club