Speaker 1: Hey, I like Andy went better. Yeah, I like calling you Andy. Hey, can we talk about hash Browns? All right? I love that. Well, first of all, welcome to boll Chat.
Speaker 2: It's been a second. One's going to be pretty short, but we just figured why not. It's a Friday because I'm going with Gandhi for her New York Live appearance.
Speaker 1: I wasn't on that show.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I'm going to support Gandhi.
Speaker 1: I wasn't invited. I would support her.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, I'm going to support Kandhy and yeah, so she needed but I want to support also.
Speaker 1: Okay, can I go?
Speaker 2: I don't know, you have to go feed Sawyer, Cooper everything. But yet when there's another opportunity, it's all of a sudden.
Speaker 1: I don't have to leave anymore. I could say it's long, it's not an opportunity. I just want to go support. Look. Yeah, that's when I was on New York Live. See I got to sit in the chair on the set and then maybe go on the floor. Want to go through coupons on my knees? I can't. That's amazing. Look that's so good. Yeah what I was so mad they made dumped my whole coupon envelope on the floor. That was Scott. Yeah, I looked my bald spot. It was terrible. Wait, how did you don't look at her? What did it say? What did it say? What did it say?
Speaker 2: Do you want me to.
Speaker 1: Actually I don't. Do you want me to actually say what it said? I do not see it. I cannot. You are in sick. Give me my phone.
Speaker 2: I'm also cracking up because you uploaded the TV listing of you Want Extreme Couponing.
Speaker 1: Oh, she didn't say anything bad.
Speaker 2: It's not that she said anything bad. It's more what you.
Speaker 1: Wrote to her. What my hot girlfriend?
Speaker 2: My hot girlfriend? There's I'm not, I'm not. We're Everything's wonderful. I love love.
Speaker 1: Anyway. So yeah, no, it was a fun show.
Speaker 2: Great love that well, good time. I hope they don't make Gandhi you talk about the Grammys on her knees.
Speaker 1: Anyway? Hash browns Oh, this is the sister podcast to Serial Killers, In case you didn't know. This is so chaotic, alright, it is everywhere. Look I'm red. Yeah, she could have said something much worse there.
Speaker 2: I don't need to know any more.
Speaker 1: Like handing phones to people is really dangerous. It's really took it from me, you hand. I said, look, and you took it. You're like, oh, you said read it, read the message. There was no message. It was a picture and you took it out of my hand. I'm not gonna watch the video because I was like, here, look that's what they did, and you took it. Okay, you can't take people's phones because then dirty things then you see and then you think differently. Ah, right, it's not nice. And I wasn't dirty anyway.
Speaker 2: I never said it was dirty. Yeah, it's just whatever.
Speaker 1: Ok. Anyway, Hash Browns, So first of all, my favorite hashbarns in the world. You know where they come from.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where the waffle house?
Speaker 1: Waffle House there's no you would lose on wheel of fort waffle House. So they're my favorite. And the way that I owe to them is scattered. Well you know what that means, no real burt ones. Did you think they care at the waffle house?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: They that just because usually they're in a circle, you know, So scattered means they scatter them on the grill, so it's not in a circle. And well it means well done. Yeah. So I have had such problems lately. We go out to diners all the time, like hash browns are home fries or whatever, well done, please, well done. First of all, nobody has hash browns up here. Now it's all home fries.
Speaker 2: I loathe a chunky potato hash brown home fry.
Speaker 1: You mean yeah, I don't like it, Like.
Speaker 2: You're just basically making me like what my mom does for sausage and peppers. Yes, since she puts like potatoes, just cut them up. Yes, there's no there's no pizzazz, there's no razzle dazzle.
Speaker 1: Hash browns are shredded. Yes.
Speaker 2: The thing speaking of shredded, I got a mandolin and I already cut myself with seid.
Speaker 1: What that's from? Oh yeah, I don't want to hear much about it because I'll pass out.
Speaker 2: Here's this guy on Instagram who makes these cucumber salads with a mandolin, go ahead, And so I was like, I need to get a mandolin because I love cucumbers. And I go put soy sauce in peanut butter and make these delicious cucumbers.
Speaker 1: Is that like a big grater? Yes?
Speaker 2: And my mom and my sister were both like, you're gonna cut your finger off, please watch out, And so I was like, no, I'll be fine. I know how to do things.
Speaker 1: And then why didn't you know?
Speaker 2: I start slicing the cucumber and then the next thing I know, the top of my finger is gone. Stop it's.
Speaker 1: But you never heard that song?
Speaker 2: I haven't, and there's a reason.
Speaker 1: But it's mandolin. Cool. I didn't know that mandolin was a fi it's an instrument.
Speaker 2: I thought it was rain anyway, So.
Speaker 1: A mandolin. What kind of an instrument? Is a mandolin? Like a harp.
Speaker 2: It's like a little titar looking thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hornsby so cool out with the range.
Speaker 2: Oh really, that's awesome. Go on, great anyway, slice my finger off, not off?
Speaker 1: Open?
Speaker 2: Well, it still is bleeding. It's been two days.
Speaker 1: Do you need to stitches?
Speaker 2: I don't know how they would stitch it because it's like the tip of my finger.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you what something cool about that? I did that? On? Notice? Howme? Nobody can ever have something this finger? No, because I'm telling you something that's gonna be cool about that. Guess what? No fingerprint? Gross, it's going to be different because when you put it back on and the band aid, it's not exact and you could commit crimes now yeah, yeah, and then when.
Speaker 2: They fingerprint me, they'll be like, we were going to charge you, but that one fingerprint was all.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's mandolin, right, Okay, back to hashprounge anyway, So hash So it's very very difficult up here to go to a diner and say I want them, well done, well done, home fries, christy. They don't do it, they don't and then they come out and like, is that enough for you, sir? And they're white. No, and then they have to take them back and it's a whole thing. And you just cannot get good crispy hash browns or home fries here in New York. You can't.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry about that.
Speaker 1: And they should have diners don't have hash Browns. Why not? How hard? Is it the great potato?
Speaker 2: Maybe it's just the way they do it, Oh hard, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't like it.
Speaker 2: And then they put the peppers in their ruin everything. Oh yeah, I don't like the peppers ruins everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not a fan.
Speaker 2: It's I like a classic crispy hash.
Speaker 1: Brown yes please, waffle house, all day of it.
Speaker 2: And I like when they put the cheese on the cheese Hash brows so good. Cam I like fake cheese, but I'm a fan.
Speaker 1: I like them. Capped I Hop has the same, pretty much similar Hashbrowns. They're good to it.
Speaker 2: I'm into an I Hoop in Ages.
Speaker 1: I was there like two weeks ago. Cooper and I decided to go there ten o'clock one night. We were in the shopping center. We had just gone to TJ Max. I think it was probably right before Christmas. So TJ Max was open late and it was ten o'clock and we walked out and there was an Ie Hoop next door, and I'm like, you want to go in there real quick. She's like, they got Kraft mac and cheese, right, I said, yep. She's like, I'm in and we went. So she gets the Kraft mac and cheese. I got a side of Hashbron's and a coffee and it was a glorious evening. I love that for you, little late night I hopped.
Speaker 2: Oh, I love that.
Speaker 1: There should be more late night places there. There's a bunge, not many anymore.
Speaker 2: It's so crazy because you're in literally the biggest city in the United So like in New York City, Yeah, so in the suburbs where you live, everything is closed. But in a city, everything is open.
Speaker 1: I get it, I get it. But most people don't live in big, giant, massive cities.
Speaker 2: So there are eight million people in this one five mile span alone, so.
Speaker 1: You cannot say that many people don't live here. There are more people listening to this podcast out in the sticks there are in all of New York City.
Speaker 2: Sticks are still the suburbs, which is still huge.
Speaker 1: Okay, well they probably have Denny's. We don't have that. Denny's is twenty four Most of them actually haven't. Some of them started closing.
Speaker 2: Well. In New Jersey, we have diner culture, so they're open all the time. Long Island we have diner culture too, but you are all closed down. You'd be hard pressed to find many diners that are open twenty four hours anymore. Bat down by my parents' house. The Classic Aberdeen Diner twenty four seven. Yeah, every day love the Aberdeen Diners twenty four seven. I'm pretty sure, Oh pretty sure. Yeah, there's two of them. There's like two diners across the street from each other, and both have stayed open.
Speaker 1: I don't know how well my diner is now, the Embassy Diner. Can I just tell you about this guy. Of course I have to. I'm sorry. You know, you tell me something, I just feel like I take over and I don't mean it. No, I just get very excited. I get yer.
Speaker 2: You're excitable. That's why you have to do more bowl chats. So much to say and limited time.
Speaker 1: So we lost our diner. It was very sad. I remember that.
Speaker 2: Everything good.
Speaker 1: That was the shrimp parm diner. They had delicious shrimp parm. I don't really eat that anymore. But so there's another diner and it's probably like ten minutes away. It's not that bad. It's called the Embassy Diner. This dude, gust and his brother Billy. They if I told you the decorations in this place, they just did a story about him in the New York Post, like it's it's insane. Every single inch of this place is covered with whatever holiday is next, like Christmas.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you told me about this diner.
Speaker 1: Insane. Right now it's Valentine's. Yeah, so there's Valentine's dying every And it's not just like sloppy here, I just throw a heart here. It's like it's very meticulously done. If you ever have a chance and you're on Long Island. They're in beth Page on the Hempstead Turnpike twenty four, right off the one thirty five, which is the sob Wow, that's the seafret Oyster Bay. Okay, not the son of a Bitch.
Speaker 2: Oh Lord, baby tee. That's the one that was supposed to go to I took it down.
Speaker 1: That's the one that was supposed to go to Connecticut but never did because they couldn't get the bridge built. Oh do you know how much time they would have saved Long Islanders to drive to Connecticut if they built that bridge.
Speaker 2: Why did not get built?
Speaker 1: Money? Of course, you know, good old robber Moses, he tried to do it back in the day and they got shot down.
Speaker 2: Nobody builds anything big anymore. No, it's now like, no, we don't have the money, that's right, And yet they should be building so much more.
Speaker 1: Because a bridge back in the day that was like fifteen million dollars is like two billion now for sure, you know.
Speaker 2: And also you need to get all the funding and then the funding can fall through and all that other.
Speaker 1: And it's also very different. It's like the guy we went to the Empire State Building last week and you know, we got that special tour thing. And so he was telling us, you know, do you know that they built this building in like fifteen months or something like that. He's like, that could never happen now with all the the rules and the ordinances and the checks and the insurance and this. These guys were shirtless throwing hot rivets across the thing, for sure.
Speaker 2: And there were also probably a bunch of two year olds just learning how to walk, screwing things.
Speaker 1: That's right. And you know, he's like, people died, but you know what, they just got someone to replace him. Nowadays, not like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wish I could go back to the good old days.
Speaker 1: People falling off beams, Hey, bring up Henry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, asbestos with their bare hands and no masks.
Speaker 1: That's right. You know what, things got built and they got things got built and they got done.
Speaker 2: So many people died, that was unfortunate.
Speaker 1: But yeah, and while they were smoking six packs a day, no filtered great, you know, you know, the good old days, that's right. If only we could go back they were those guys left to be ninety one hundred whatever.
Speaker 2: No, they died at twenty because the mask.
Speaker 1: Max aged that they would live till No, some of these guys that they smoked seventeen packs a day and they lift to one hundred and four some you know again some some yes, but I mean they were tough guys. Grandfathers were tough us. They were grandfathers a bunch of thirty. They were grandfathers at thirty. Yeah, and so they died at forty. No great great grandfathers, man, they were some tough dudes.
Speaker 2: Did you have a great great grandfather? No, exactly. All my grandpa's died before I was even born.
Speaker 1: I had a grandfather, okay, well I never had one. He wasn't really much fun. He's kind of sat around farted. You know what they When you get old, you fart. You don't even know. It just comes out you just walking. Somebody just walk and beat nothing, and by then you don't even realize it. Like my mom still doesn't. She's like oops, you know. But like old old grandparents, either they don't know or they just don't care. They're at the point of their life where they're just whatever, what's going to happen?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I guess when you reach that age, it's like, what do you really want someone to do?
Speaker 1: You know, well, let me tell you I'm not changing my parents' diapers. I've already told him that, you know. I like, listen, I love you guys so much, but I am not changing your diapers. Okay, I don't want to see old man balls.
Speaker 2: That's a hard line.
Speaker 1: I'm not changing diapers. No, for sure, I get it. They did it for me. Yeah, totally understand. But it's a little different.
Speaker 2: You can't reciprocate.
Speaker 1: It's different when you have like, you know, with baby's skin butt, then you have like old man saggy balls.
Speaker 2: I really don't need to think about your dad, your mom, your mom, Yeah, my dad. I'm so good on it, like we could just we're good.
Speaker 1: Yeah. You know, people that that change old people diapers, they just get paid a lot of them. They should a lot they should. Yeah, after care, like a elder care.
Speaker 2: That to me is such a hard but important job. These people, especially people that live in homes and don't have any family. They are their family, and they really they do such a nice job.
Speaker 1: They need to die with dignity they do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's different. Die with dignity is totally different.
Speaker 1: I heard that though, What is that.
Speaker 2: Dying with dignity is a suicide.
Speaker 1: Oh I just saw a story about that on CBS.
Speaker 2: Yes, because it's the middle of New Jersey.
Speaker 1: She drank a thing and like two hours later she was she was joking right up to the last minute. She's like, ha ha ha everything.
Speaker 2: I don't know if we if we want to get into that topic. I am all for it is a political thing, yes, because technically you are taking your life. But if I have a terminal illness right in New Jersey, you have to get signed off by three different people.
Speaker 1: What if the doctor's like, oops, what after you like drink it? What if it goes oh? Wrong records?
Speaker 2: What do you mean wrong records?
Speaker 1: It wasn't really your chart what I said you were terminal, but I was reading Millie's chart.
Speaker 2: Okay, well then that's on them, not me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'm dead though.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well you thought you were gonna die anyway because of the chart you never knew.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but if you would have kept going, I get it pain to me.
Speaker 2: It's like you see at the very end with some people, it's like just bad, just bad. And if you know that all you have are six months, just like Boomer, and you could like plan it like you could have everybody, you could have a nice, big party and then be like, I'm good. I mean, if you know what day you're gonna go. Yeah, I think it's nice and it gives you dignity when you die. Hence the name with dignity. Oh okay, yeah, dying with dignity. Yeah, it's the new Jersey line. It's legal.
Speaker 1: There is it like a hashtag or something.
Speaker 2: I don't know about that. I haven't really looked in that far because gun would hopefully here for a while.
Speaker 1: Look, man, I just think you should be born with a clock, an internal clock, and you just don't wake up one day. That would be so much easier. Yeah, but it would be a surprise though you can't. Nobody knows what it is, you know, because if you knew when you were gonna die, you would do all kinds of stuff like rob banks and things.
Speaker 2: Yeah rob banks? Would you rob a bank if you knew like you were gonna die in it?
Speaker 1: I was gonna die tomorrow, I would try something outlandish, knowing you would.
Speaker 2: Be like I put fireworks in Mescal cafeteria.
Speaker 1: I did that when I was exact. It wasn't the cafeteria that was in the law.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you do something like I'm gonna be so hardcore extreme and it would be like what I took the hub caps off.
Speaker 1: I mean, I wouldn't hurt anything. I wouldn't hurt anyone, but I would like try to do something bad. Again.
Speaker 2: Your version of bad is very different.
Speaker 1: Than the national effort. No, I would rob a bank. Now you're robbing a bank. This is a stick up. I want to see what happens and Scott's done. Who's pewing me? Oh? Like some guy that's like some outlaw? Whatever are you in the wild West? What outlaw?
Speaker 2: You're going into a with a gun saying this is a stick up? Who don't think the cop that's in the bank.
Speaker 1: There's no cop in the bank until they call him. It's very rarely a cop in the bank at first of the security guard is so old, he's one hundred and six and he just fell asleep in a chair at the bank. Lumi by my hospit where I got Teddy Bear. By the way, there used to be an old old I can't you are so unseerious right now? No, I'm serious. There used to be an old man security guard that would sit there you know. And he he had the gun and everything, but he like his hands would shake when he would open the door. So he had parkinson. I don't know, but he can't handle a gun. First of all, no one should. I don't care anymore. I'm dying tomorrow going So you think I don't want to get shot, but I want to see what it's like to rob a bank.
Speaker 2: What, Yes, you want to see what it's like to rob a bank.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if it was my last day on Earth, i'd probably do something weird wacky like that weird wacky, yes the way you say it. Or I would just drive one hundred miles an hour on the l E too. Maybe that. Yeah, I go home, it's almost at one hundred.
Speaker 2: Goodbye.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It went from I'm gonna go in with a loaded gun to a bank too. I'm gonna drive the l AE at one hundred miles an hour.
Speaker 1: Again, this is what I knew. I knew it would be. Not that. Also, you can't ever drive the l at one hundred miles an hour. Hey guys, welcome, Welcome a bull Chat. This is the podcast where we talk about things. I gotta go, Oh you have to leave?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh no, we could just end it okay and scared you. I would have. I would have peed myself.
Speaker 2: That if he only had one day left on earth, he'd rob a bank.
Speaker 1: I want to see what it's like. If I knew I was dying tomorrow, I would want to rob a bank. You wouldn't why exactly? I want to see what it's like the thing. And then I decided I would just drive one hundred miles an hour. Stop. That scared me. Listen, they must have something more important to do. So we're gonna go. Okay, wait, what do you guys do? Oh you're going to the New York Live thing?
Speaker 2: Yes, I knes picking up coupon.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, anyway, all right, I will thanks you, was saying to bowl Chat. We'll see you Monday with an all new serial Killers if you can follow us at serial killers PC on Instagram. Yeah yeah, all right, until we see you next time. Say clink, everybody clink. That's dumb. We should we should change that. I like it