Speaker 1: Hey rain Drops. Yes, so I finally got merch.
Speaker 2: That's right. You can buy your Allegedly and my Boys.
Speaker 1: Mugs, T shirts, rain Drops, hoodies and T shirts all on Carlos Kingshop dot com.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: Get your hoodies, your T shirts, and your mugs all on Carlos Kingshop dot com.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Reality with the King.
Speaker 1: It's me Carlos King, the King of Reality TV and one of the most sought after executive producers in reality television with over ten years of production experience. Once a week on Reality with the King, we'll sit down with my friends across the entertainment industry, recap our favorite reality shows, and revisit unforgettable moments that we are still talking and tweeting about.
Speaker 2: Hey, rain Drives.
Speaker 1: On today's episode of Reality with the King, I'm here with New York Times best selling author Michael Arsenal as he and I talk about the Real Housewives of Atlanta and this demand for reboot or not so. Michael also wrote an article for The Huntington Post where the title is our HOA is so underwhelming it needs to be revamped.
Speaker 3: Our range Drops, I am a rain Drops, so happy to be here. You know I listen to the part.
Speaker 1: So again, the title is our HOA is so underwhelming it needs to be revamped, invented, beat is not that entertaining, and Bravo has two options to fix this show. So Michael, I'm assuming you're not into the current season.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, And I know some of the girls are really trying, but can I actually just start?
Speaker 4: I mean, Drew is a lovely person.
Speaker 3: I wish anybody that was married to that man will But like, I don't believe anything she ever says. It's like watching a too Be or Tyler Perry parody of Real Housewives of Atlanta, Like I don't know what to believe. Like I understand she's dealing with stuff, but like their dad, like Marlowe, I'm happy she finally got a peach. I actually long rooted for that, but honestly, and it's gonna sound worse than the shit, but she would have been a better main character five or ten years ago when she had a deeper relationship with.
Speaker 4: Women on the cast.
Speaker 3: I really enjoy actually watching her with her nephews. But I don't understand, like the thing with Candymn, like, girl, you're not mad the chef. I don't know if I believe that, but okay, and Kenya was not lying about it's not a scooter, but the thing that gets you up.
Speaker 4: The lad a partner plas, Yeah, the chairlift.
Speaker 3: Yes, And I was like, oh, she does have one, Okay, Yeah, I just think the show and I don't necessarily really, I mean, I do think Drew has kind of brought down the value of the show.
Speaker 1: Respectfully, you're saying that Drew Sidora brought down the value of the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like, in some ways it's a good look for her, and I don't deny that she hasn't provided drama to the show. Again, like, it's really hard to believe her because she lies, she'd be lying, like it's not I don't know what to believe. I truly don't know what to believe. And I actually still really don't like this whole idea we're caught up in, like whether or not she kissed a woman.
Speaker 4: And I can understand maybe, I mean, I wrote a book.
Speaker 3: I can I get the religious conflict with some of that stuff, if that's all true. But it's like we're looking she lies, like Donald Trump. It's like we're looking at something with our playing eyes. And she will tell you that it did not happen. I think she's a good actress, but I think she should be acting, Like I think Drew should being more scripted stuff. I should Drew should be in more plays, dush be on TV. Like she has a nice voice. I remember she was pushing the originally back in the arts, but like it's not really good on the show. I don't know what to believe. But like, literally she lies like Trump, it's the same thing.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 3: It's like I would, I genuinely wish her will, but I just don't know what I'm watching. And like even on the finale, I'm feeling bad, but I'm like, is this even real?
Speaker 4: I'm like candy and scene.
Speaker 1: First of all, I'm still stuck on you calling Drew Drew Ivanka Trump. So Drew, your new name right now is Drew Banka Trump. Michael is alleging that all you do is lie, lie, lie, all the time, and you are a beautiful girl with a great voice, and you should be acting. First of all, congrats on the past. People are saying it was a great movie and that Drew did well, so you may be onto something In terms of should Drew stick to acting.
Speaker 2: So let me unpack this a bit.
Speaker 1: One thing I want the world to know is you are a die hard fan of the Real Housewives of Atlanta. The reason why you and I know each other is because we have a mutual named Tiffany, and Tiffany would say to me like, you got to meet my friend Michael. He's amazing. He is obsessed with the Real house Parts of Atlanta. This is back when I was short running the show. So you're not somebody who just started watching it. You haven'ten watching it since season one. So when you say you think Drew brought down the value of the show, and you're giving your examples, what was it about the earlier days of The Real Housewives of Atlanta that made your die hard fan to now to where you're not seeing it anymore.
Speaker 3: I mean when initially started, it was I mean, there's nothing like you see on TV. People like Nani like you can't find that anywhere, and I understand, like shows transition, I looked at like now essentially because.
Speaker 4: I know the ratings are still solid.
Speaker 3: I'm sure they really do well on Peacock, but ultimately, like the soap opera and sometimes soap operas, kind of like, lose this thing a little bit and you need a bit of a shape. I just think with Drew, and it's kind of like, I know that sounds harsh, like bringing down the value, butultimately the show was about friends or people who were close enough to be friends for casting agents, and they have this relationship and they share actual parts of the lives, and like the conflict and the drama, it all feels more natural. Drew came in really hot the first season, and I mean most audiences didn't know what to do with her or route. I think Seconcies were a little bit better but for her. But now I'm just kind of remembering them. I don't know what to believe with you, and so there's her. But then ultimately with the show, I just think they're not friends. They're not friends. They don't really have any real connection with each other. And I think just kind of pulling digging in the crate, so to speak, and pulling in old cast members doesn't necessarily work if you're only if you I mean like if Nani's not coming back, there's only so many people you can pull through poorsh you would essentially work, I will say in Hans when I heard Candy and Ken they on your show say that she doesn't think they both said they don't think of full rebolt could work. As soon as I heard them say it, I kind of thought, maybe that's true, if only unlike New York and like a black social circle like that, no matter the age, someone probably already knows someone else. Okay, well, maybe do Miami or OC or like season five reboot of New York because it's just I think a lot of people watch it because we've been watching it for years and now again like a soap opera, but it's still and actually I don't rush to watch it now. It's just y'all don't like each other, y'all fighting over nothing.
Speaker 4: No one's sharing the.
Speaker 3: Most aren't sharing the actual details of what's going on in their lives. And then we watched people argue about stuff from three years ago that wasn't an issue then.
Speaker 4: But we thought it was set up. But it's just like what am I watching? Y' don't like each other, y'all lying.
Speaker 1: I agree with you this since listen, I've been a part of that show since season one and I left season nine, and what I can't say to you Michael is what made the show so successful out the gate was these big personalities, but bigger storylines, bigger storylines. You had Charade dealing with the crux of a divorce, like going through a divorce, possibly losing her home because in the in the divorce proceedings, Bob Wills at the time was battling child support and alimony and all these things. You had Nimi deal with oneting to search for her father.
Speaker 2: Is this my real father? Is it not?
Speaker 1: You had Kim Zosiak dating a man who was still married, this serious guy who's buying her escalade, who's buying her.
Speaker 2: Rolexis thank you Papa?
Speaker 1: You know Deshaun Snow who was married to a basketball star in this big, gigantic house. She had maids, servants, nanny chefs, and you were like, what is what about watching here? Then it kept being the stakes kept being increased with with the dishes of Candy and Cynthia and Phedra. I think Kenya Moore came in important. It elevated throughout the course of the season. Yeah, And what I'm hearing from you that I am agreen with is every season of that show since season one, the stakes were raised higher to the point where when certain people were let go, you didn't miss them because you elevated the show with the additional cast members. And we were on this ride, and we're on this journey, and I think, and I'm going to say this, I never said this publicly. I think the moment that Kim Fields was cast, yeah, oh man, I think we all said, where is this show going now? Because are we casting I call it stunt casting? Are we casting somebody because they happened to have a name, being a household name like a Kim Fields, where anybody within two seconds of seeing Kim Fields around that cast would have said, this is a bad idea.
Speaker 4: Now the work like we love her, leave her long, go to work him, don't do this.
Speaker 1: Kim's directing Movies actually has a hits Netflix called The Upshaws, And this is something I said to Kim Fields director.
Speaker 2: But I'm like, you don't belong on this show.
Speaker 1: And it's no shade to Kim Fields. Kim Fields not everybody's meant to be a reality star. So I feel like that was the moment and I was a part of it then, right, But I was like, where are we going with? Like I don't know about this, and now I think we're filling the same thing with the new additions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I just well, I know how people Clunini have thoughts about Candy, but I'll say I can tell from being in a girl groups on assuming she knows how to be an ensemble. Ultimately, she knows the role that she's playing. Kenya knows the role that she's playing. She's clearly bored and they're not using the footage she provided, which I do think people want to see.
Speaker 4: I want to see it. The new Sla.
Speaker 3: Richard's ross is lovely, her husband is amazing to look at. She reminds me of Deshaun Snowing that you're very nice what you're doing here. I know because of a friend, like how important she is in track. I'm like, you're an Olympian, you are like on NBC Sports. I think the last episode in the finale was probably her best episode that I've seen. But I just I don't know how she mixed in the group. Also do even Charae. I noticed this season she was being more black and anchor, but like I mentioned the article, that's not really her natural position. She's more of like poster or bone collector something, you know, Shade, It's not that.
Speaker 4: Courtney, I don't think that.
Speaker 3: I mean, she that stuff about Drew was nasty, but generally she seems like a nice man that shouldn't be there, like a fan of the show who wanted to jump in and like almost like og on basketball.
Speaker 4: I can already hit a sweep the messages to that. But you know.
Speaker 3: Someone that knows how already they feel about the show, and you can tell as I mean, I get it. It becomes more formalic in that a lot of people are trying to self produce. I just think most of the people self producing aren't good at that, And she's just for all the manufactured drama and like all that stuff. I really truly think the most interesting things about the show are when the people on the show are have relationships with each other and they're just telling us what's going on and didn't even go back to your question.
Speaker 4: That really is just the difference.
Speaker 3: Like this whole season has gone by, I don't really really know what's going on with Candy. I know, and I wouldn't know what's going on with Keny from the show, but I know from you, and to be blunt speak of that, and your have been like more entertaining than the episodes and the chatter around the show this season because everyone's like, what is this? I just think every people are there ready to work, but this is just not the right mix of people.
Speaker 1: I had to stop watching because for two reasons. One, you're absolutely right when the show has been on for more than a decade. At that point, it's a habit for anybody all over the world to know that at eight o'clock PM on a Sunday, you're watching Bravo.
Speaker 2: I think we all know that.
Speaker 1: I think every network knows that any show we create, we run the risk of it competing against people's patterns of behavior of watching the Atlanta Housewives eight o'clock on a Sunday. So let's not put a brand new show to compete against that time slot because we want people to watch. So we all know that, and I think all of us are watching it out of habit, which is why the ratings are stabilized. I'll say this, it is similar to a soap opera. You know, Honey, at twelve thirty, the Young and the rest is coming on, and at one thirty you get the both and the beautiful like you just know that, you know that back in the day, four PM was Oprah. That it was, It was, it was, It was a habit. I stopped watching because I felt myself being disappointed week after week because I come from producing this show and I know what it takes for that show to be great, and I'm watching a show I was once associated with where listen, there's been seasons where it wasn't the greatest, but it was sustainable to watch, like, Okay.
Speaker 2: I can watch this. I would do that.
Speaker 1: It was something about this season that I was like, I can watch this, And is what you said, Michael.
Speaker 2: You guys aren't friends.
Speaker 1: You guys aren't friends, and you're forced to be around each other. You just don't want to be around each other. And no one's giving great personal story. And I feel like a lot of people are catering to their fan base and a lot of people are trying to hide something because their intention of going on the show is to Bethany Frankle their way out of it.
Speaker 2: Stay tuned.
Speaker 1: We'll get into this conversation right after these quick ads. If you're anything like me, you're always busy, You're always on the go, and sometimes you don't have enough time in the day to prepare your own mail will Baby Welcome.
Speaker 2: To a Hello Fresh.
Speaker 1: They have a very quick and easy recipe and fifteen minute meals that you can get a very tasty dinner honey on the table in less time than it takes to get takeout or delivery. Hello Fresh takes out the stress anytime you think about preparing a meal for you or your family. They have these ingredients and recipes that they deliver right at your door. So look this fall, skip that at your trip to the grocery store, and have dinner ready in no time with the America's number one meal kit. I know what you're thinking, Well, Carlos, isn't going to remain fresh like my produce?
Speaker 2: The answer is yes.
Speaker 1: When you get HelloFresh, you know you're getting top notched produce since it travels from the farm to your door in less than seven days. If you follow me on social media, you know I'm always preparing my own meals. Thanks to HelloFresh, I'm able to do it at a very very concise time with my very busy schedule. It also takes really good The recipes are easy to follow, and because I like plant based food.
Speaker 2: They also have options for people like me. It's really really good.
Speaker 1: Go to HelloFresh dot com, slash fifty r WTK and use code fifty r WTK for fifty percent off plus fifteen percent off the next two months. HelloFresh America's number one meal kit.
Speaker 2: This is Reality with the King, and I'm Carlos King.
Speaker 1: Let's get back into the show.
Speaker 2: Why are you blocked by King? Ya the icono?
Speaker 3: I don't know, because I don't usually at the celebrity. I don't like they don't need to see my disapproval or whatever. I'm just tweeting whatever I think. Maybe when I used to use the hashtag when Twitter was really going, maybe she said something like em but that said last season was not great. She was the best part of a not great season. And this season I really have so much empathy for her because she should be given better material to work with. And I really like what you pulled out of her in her interview, or just maybe she felt more comfortable opening up in that way.
Speaker 4: I actually really enjoy KNY.
Speaker 3: I'm very happy about her hair Caroline and like expanding all the stores. I love watching her with her daughter. It's really really sweet and I have a better appreciation for her.
Speaker 4: She was she.
Speaker 3: Played the role of villain, so I responded, how you respond to a villain? I guess when you're watching if that's not your favorite. But I have a better appreciation for her on the show, and I can tell why she's so bored. It was very interesting to watch how vocal she was about what she had to deal with. I was very surprised, but it's right to bring out that energy in a better way with a revamped season for show.
Speaker 2: Sorry, no listen, I agree.
Speaker 1: A lot of people have said that my interview with Kenya made them see her in a different light, and I was happy to hear that because Kenya is someone who I love and a door on a personal level, like personally, that's the Kingya that I see every day. And when I was working with her, she never once gave me any talk back.
Speaker 2: She never yelled at me, she never argued with me.
Speaker 1: Even when she disagreed with me, she would do in a very respectful way. I knew when she was disappointed in me giving my feedback, and she would say, okay, boss, okay, and you know it's it's it's like a parent and a child and I felt so bad, like, oh God, did I break her heart? Because she's such a perfectionist and she wants to always do a good job. And it bothers me that people think she's this evil person and I'm like, Honey, there's other evil people that's been on that show that deserves that title. Kenya Moore's not one of them at all. She's a sweetheart. And I do mean it when I say a show without Kenya Moore, what the fuck am I watching? Do you agree with that?
Speaker 3: Michael, Yes, honestly, if they don't, I don't. Actually, again, I don't know if the full reboot could actually they could pull that off, but I would at least keep Kenya and Candy, maybe like a Cynthia and Chary and certain roles depending on how that goes. But I would if they build around like a Miami style or even whatever you show you want to point to. I think Kenya and Kandy are pretty vital. I think Candy is just en listening to you, and so is Keny is also be a really good performer. And I also think if she wanted to show more of that side that we saw in your interview, like that's just and in her business. I think other think there's a lot that you can do with Kenya on the show. She is like, they're the de facto stars carrying the franchise. However, people who should still be there or not. I think those two are kind of hard to replace, especially which I can imagine if you like, I can't imagine. It's hard to cast that show in Atlanta, Oh breaking news nine way so hard to cast.
Speaker 1: And Michael, to you and to my audience, as somebody who was there a part of casting, The Real Housewives of Atlanta is the number one show of all shows across the realities. I guys, the Real Housewives of Atlanta is the hardest show to cast.
Speaker 2: It's hard.
Speaker 1: There's people there who I would love to do the show. When I was a part of the show, I would call like my celebrity friends like, look, bitch, you want to do the show? And they would say to me, and I'm just telling you the truth. I'm not doing that ratchet ass show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what I imagine with the money like that in Atlanta. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, the women who are either married to a very rich man or the women who are celebrities themselves, a lot of them feel like the brand of the show doesn't fit them. So when the conversation started to center around a full reboot outline New York City Housewives, right, New York City Housewives completely started from scratch and they now have I believe it's five or six New Housewives. A lot of people feel like, does Atlanta deserve that treatment? Because if you start clean, then maybe you're able to get those women. Who knows, but at this point, those women do not want to join the show.
Speaker 2: So who do you who?
Speaker 1: Ideally, Michael, do you want to see on the show? Is there a celebrity you think would be good or what type of black woman or white woman in Atlanta would you like to see a part of the cast.
Speaker 4: Hell, we don't need any white people. I mean maybe.
Speaker 3: Unless they really fits. Like I will say, I don't need Kim Zosiak. I don't need her back that did not end will that twenty sixteen reunion and how she cried and acted like she was a victim.
Speaker 4: We don't need that energy.
Speaker 3: If they could find a white woman that doesn't give that, maybe, but no, I don't.
Speaker 4: I used to like have an.
Speaker 3: Idea, like what kind of celebrities, but like honestly, I just want an actual group of people who seeming who really actually like each other. I think Keny and Keny are still really nice verse between. They can anger this sh show. They have a certain level of celebrity and success that can still go a lot of ways. But I would like to see maybe, I guess forty thirty somethings that kind of fit that actually. I mean, I don't know if I'll go back there, but like not Shamari, I actually think that was a missed opportunity with her because you had someone who was a celebrity of a certain era that grew up with the audience that we knew. She was easy to pull from a lot of people to or I think it would be easy. I'm just trying to Beguret who could actually pull in people that we want to see.
Speaker 4: But I just don't.
Speaker 3: I don't know anymore because I think when they travel celebrities in Atlanta particularly, that just doesn't tend to go well anymore.
Speaker 4: And I think that's kind of like a lot of.
Speaker 3: Any real Atlanta based franchise, it kind of not doesn't go well. No, a lot of the world on how to go God bless them which ones.
Speaker 4: Honestly, they can they I don't.
Speaker 1: Look at job Michael, who would you like to see removed food from the shop.
Speaker 4: I don't need Drew. I don't really need you either. She's a legend, but I don't. I don't need it. Sonya, God blessed, bless She's a nice lady.
Speaker 2: I like her.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's nice.
Speaker 1: She's talking about business business Courtney.
Speaker 3: No man yet a nice woman. No, I just I don't know. It doesn't work for me anyway. I don't think it's working, but I like her happy. I've watched Hollywood debs, but no, they all can go, honestly, Besides Candy and Kenya, maybe it should right, even if they could get Porsche back or something. But I don't really need the rest of them. I just I don't know. I think Marlowe. Now, I don't want to let Marlowe go because she she deleats try. But the way she tried is exactly why I don't want to watch the show unless she can really open up more about certain parts of her life that would make her appear fuller on the show. If that makes sense, Like it doesn't work, it's just beef that you are pulling out a wherever just to kind of get on screen time, which is look late at this point. Yeah, I don't really need Candy and Kenya. We need to start around, get Porstcha. I mean, I read the rumors.
Speaker 4: I don't know about how.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that's true, but throw whatever you need to bring her back, actually let her bring Shamia, bring some like women of her age in that circle. I feel like that's a nicer mix, and then some still younger. I don't know, I just whatever is it. I don't know if they can't go full Housewives of New York reboot, but that is really well done casting. To me, that is a really well done show now, and it was just enough that it was a nice mix. But yeah, I don't need anybody really on the current cast besides Candy and Kenya. And I do agree that you need can on the show. I actually think if Candy decided to leave, you still really need Kenya.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I think it's a staple for sure. Let's talk about Chara. CHARAE is an og. Charay is at this point the longest running and standing og on the show. I love Shara. Charay's a personal friend of mine who I love in Adoor. I personally think Charay's good for the show. A lot of people agree with me. A lot don't agree with me. I want to hear from you because when people do talk about who should stay when it comes to Charae, some people are fifty to fifty. I'm on the side of Scharay staying, but a lot of people are And I'll give you my list later in the episode of who I think should stay. But why is it that Charay isn't somebody that's automatic, Yes, considering she is an og, I.
Speaker 3: Think it's not. She really can't still give good TV. She's really fun in the confessional. She's beautiful, Like I really rude for Churead. But I also think in terms of story. Okay, let's just Martell, Okay, I get it. I watched Huntsville. You know how I feel about Melody that is would have done and played aka she is. I like Melody a lot gone if you watch him day her. Okay, what are you doing? I just don't believe that they're in Like I'm sure they have fun and they are good company and they like I get it, But there's a level that she adds to it that you can directly see opposes it when when you watch your show, when you watch Love and Marriage Huntsville, I'm like, these do not align. So when I'm watching this, it's like, what is real? Like why are you adding whether it is? Then you need to the Bob thing That reveal was peculiar, but it was also like, I don't know, like I think this season, she again she was trying to play the role of like the nucleas brings everybody together. I don't think that's a natural fit for her, which is how kind of while that scene wherever they were they started arguing, I was like, Okay, I'm tired of watching terriblemen who are not going to do her right, Like and that's like, if you kept her who was the equipped Atlanta equivalent of millionaire matchmaker, get them on the show and help Charay find somebody and we can watch her date. And I want to know if Sharay was I don't feel like she's good on the show, but I actually don't know if I'm getting more about like her actual story in the way that ultimately I think Candy and ken Yell have been We've been on a journey with them and how change and evolved.
Speaker 4: I think Charay is cool, but it's small. I don't know. I feel bad.
Speaker 3: I like it's kind of like how she thought like her website crashing was a good thing.
Speaker 4: I think that's where I'm at.
Speaker 3: I'm like, you're good at this, and it's all there, but this is not the way it she would be like maybe if we got a different producer, if you open up a little bit more.
Speaker 4: But I just know, I feel like I've run my course with Shrep.
Speaker 3: But I do think with the right mix the mind on the cash, she still works because she's, you know, how to make good TV. I just feel like with the story, it's not really evolving. So I just want her to sell them joggers. The price point is how though, but get the money.
Speaker 2: Bring me some jogger shop that that reminds.
Speaker 4: Me now I'm just not gonna get it.
Speaker 1: I'm coming over and I want some joggers, and I will add it to Carlos kingshop dot com, where you can get all of your rain dropping allegedly apparel, honey, because I want some joggers.
Speaker 2: So what's happening right now?
Speaker 1: When it comes to the real housepots Atlanta b Scott his website loved Be Scott, Hi Be Scott. He did an article recently that said sources claim the network is looking for a complete reboot, and that calls a firestorm on Twitter. So much so Sonia Riches Ross made a tweet or a post about pretty much just saying don't believe everything you read.
Speaker 2: People don't have all the facts.
Speaker 1: The fans went crazy, wondering what does this mean.
Speaker 2: For their favorite franchise.
Speaker 1: B Scott also did another post after the tsunami of tweet saying some of the girls, meaning the housewives, some of the girls are trying to discredit me.
Speaker 2: Who do you think? Who do you think?
Speaker 1: I get my sources from Love Muffins again, paraphrasing what he said. If the network is interested in a full of reboot, do you think there would be a backlash from social media or even.
Speaker 3: You shout out to be Scott. I don't play with them. Their sources usually stay on it, so I do think they'll be a big fan backlash. You kind of already seen it online. Some of my friends that watch the show, like they talk about the show with me have already complained I think it would be like that. It might have actually been on the same or if not slightly worse scale than New York, because I do think particularly Black audiences, we are comfortable and familiar with the folks that we know, and housewise in Land is very particular show, especially if you kind of essentially grew up with it. I don't think it would work unless which is actually why I get Kenyan Candy's standpoint. But I don't think it would work unless they were able to pull a really big celebrity for celebrities, which I don't know if they can pull off, so it wouldn't work the same way.
Speaker 4: But if it were just the.
Speaker 3: Kind of a new group of women, I personally would give it a chance because I've seen because I was mad about New York but also thought that was fine because it got sad, and that's the think about Atlanta. It's not sad, it's just kind of like the right parts are not working and it needs to be some ship and not just the cast, probably production, because I think maybe production is doing a lot of the women.
Speaker 4: A deservice to be fair and have the way it's set up.
Speaker 3: I do think the fan backlafts would be pretty big, but it would take some if they got the right cast like some big names.
Speaker 4: It could worry, but I don't think they can. So just fix what we have.
Speaker 3: And kind of slowgan rebuilt, and personally, I feel like they let it get to this point. They should have did a big reshuffle like five years ago.
Speaker 1: What's crazy is I think they were trying to do that, but unfortunately, in my opinion, some bad decisions were made.
Speaker 2: I was told that.
Speaker 1: Drew was bought on because of Eva Marcel, because they're friends in real life, and that there were conversations possibly surrounding Eva amongst this younger group, which is by that season you had Drew, Sodora and LaToya Ali. LaToya was considered to be a housewife, not a friend of, and that Eva Eva was going to bring in this usher in this new world of Atlanta, to do what you're what you're saying, which is let's slowly build into this. The problem is, listen, I thought Eva was good for the show. I spoke to Eva and I said, this, all right, I'll say it again. I ran into her in New York City a couple of years ago. I think this was her first season as a housewife, not a friend of, and I.
Speaker 2: Said, look, bitch. Where is WB upon Eva? Because what you've.
Speaker 1: Given now, Honey, I'm not into I need top Model Eva.
Speaker 2: I need Eva because off the girls smoking a cigarette.
Speaker 4: I say, that's my thing with Eva.
Speaker 3: I feel like we didn't really get who Eva is until she let Marlowe.
Speaker 4: Have it on the bus.
Speaker 2: She was good in the Virtual re Union, the Little Zoom Reunion.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, but all I remember is Porsche chopping her. But yeah, she did.
Speaker 1: Show doctor Breast being social distance child. Yes, I did go ahead, I rebuilt around.
Speaker 4: I'm kind of glad that didn't happen, but I would have did that I did with Porsche.
Speaker 2: So let's get into that.
Speaker 1: It has been reported that Bravo is in negotiations with Porsche and that allegedly Porsche is demanding a lot of money to come back to the show. How do you feel about Portchra coming back? Is that a step up in the right direction? And Sha, Bravo backed up the brinks Trump open that bitch up. Let all the Benjamin Franklins and the George Washington.
Speaker 2: I think George Washington Carver, honey, and allow this money to be sent to Porsche to get her to return.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that highest paid housewife period thing is the move but give.
Speaker 4: Okay, So I think Porscha is a lot like Needi in that she could She's the only other person.
Speaker 3: I think if she joined got back on the show, it would really shake it up and people would like rush back to see But it's I hope it's the Porscha that actually wants to be there.
Speaker 4: I think that makes a big difference.
Speaker 3: Like if you're only there for the check, you don't necessarily like the people, and you it kind of shows then I don't know if that makes always for the best. And I want to say this because I'm being only be generous to Neini because she has dealt with so much over the years. But you could tell, maybe not you could tell, but after made more sense there was some personal and professional things going on between her and the show and what was going on her life, and she was going through a really hard state. And actually, just as a fan, you don't really want to see that. It doesn't necessarily like carry the best energy for the show. That might have just been like a year off because if like Nini came back right now, if they worked out a miracle, if she wants to be there. It'd be great. If she doesn't want to be there, I don't know how it'd work. I feel that same way with Porsche. If like Porsche wants to be there, talk about what's going on in her life, bring back media, pull in more home where was like, actually, yeah, bring out the Brinks truck and let her and let's see how her can you get it along she gets along with Candy, Maybe Drew can stay and see how that theatric goes. They can have a to be off and acting. You said, yes, I'm just teasing, you know, Drew, I don't think Marlowe will work.
Speaker 2: Let's go ahead, Michael, I don't.
Speaker 3: Think it would work, like if you come back. I can't see her wanting to work with Marlogo because it might go nasty. And I actually don't want to see that either. I do think it, Yeah, I give portion money. I could also see the network maing like we tied of pan all yo. But I think with Atlanta it's kind of worth it, because again, I just don't see how they would refresh that cast, like maybe some of us was going. I don't know if that's really possible. Get Portion money.
Speaker 1: One thing about the real Housewise Atlanta, they at least have between six and seven housewives full time of Housewives Lady has been only six, So let's add one more to make it seven, because I think for the sixteenth season you're gonna need seven in order to really arc So name me your dream season sixteenth cast that you think putting on your hat as a die hard fan, what seven Housewise do you think would make the show great?
Speaker 2: And listen.
Speaker 1: If you want to save two for new girls, tell me that is it seven familiar faces?
Speaker 2: Is it three familiar for new girls?
Speaker 3: And I don't want to be realistic because I wanted I hope this has Portia, Kenya, Candy, maybe Charree and.
Speaker 4: Actually surprised me with new people. So three new girls? Yeah, I want new people. I want like the people I like and new people.
Speaker 3: Friend of maybe like Cynthia, someone else fresh shoe like and actually tried them out like they did a couple of years ago, and like literally Claudia and Kenya, like, let's see the options, Let's see how they mesh, Let's see them in solo scenes like Kenya was right, like earn it, But I really want the people I know that will show up to work and perform in a new mix of people. Stop looking for a moment, be a person. I really want more reality stars to just be a person.
Speaker 4: The moment will come. That's what works with Nini. She is the moment. She just opens them up.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening to Reality with the King.
Speaker 1: New episodes drop every Tuesday, Share, comment, follow, and subscribe to Reality with the King. Wherever you get your podcast, visit Reality withthe King dot com and be sure to follow me at the Carlos King Underscore on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and Yes Baby, my YouTube channel where you can.
Speaker 2: Get all of my visuals, baby, my expressions. Yeah, don't forget.
Speaker 1: Tweet me your thoughts and hot takes about this episode using the.
Speaker 2: Hashtag Reality with the King.
Speaker 1: Reality with the King is a production of Kingdom Reign Entertainment. It is produced by Sierra Spragley Rix An executive produced by Me Carlos King, Kingdomring Entertainment, Baby h