Speaker 1: Are you recording there on the YouTube?
Speaker 2: I am recording.
Speaker 1: You're recording on the YouTube.
Speaker 2: I'm recording on zoom and then I put it on YouTube.
Speaker 1: Yes, hi, YouTube, Hi.
Speaker 2: It's two guys with us just a ball at his spoon. The review is the wheels for you? What is Scott gonna say? What's Andrew gonna say? Well? There seriales to just okay.
Speaker 1: No, wait a minute, we don't use balls, we use cups.
Speaker 2: Yeah, can we redo the song?
Speaker 1: Just two guys with two cups and a spoon, ball and a cup and a spoon. Sure, okay, Welcome to Serial Killers. I'm Scottie B. And I'm Andrew and this is episode one eighty six. Today is Monday, July fifth, Happy Venezuela Independence Day, Andrew.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, idea it into those archives for that one.
Speaker 1: No, well it's just on the calendar.
Speaker 2: Oh okay.
Speaker 1: Got When I look to see what day it is, it sometimes says what day it is.
Speaker 2: A happy day after fourth of July, when most of you have off and probably aren't listening. So it's actually Tuesday when you're probably listening to this.
Speaker 1: Can I see your hand? Do you have any fingers left?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Did you blow them off with the last night, Andrew.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, really, really, Scott, whatwork? Fireworks injuries are very very serious, Yes they are. They're scary, just like peak friends are a very serious cookie what you don't know what that is? I don't, Scott. All I know is I follow this one account on Instagram called missus Anne Jemmy or Anjemy. I don't know what her name is, but she's a forensic pathologist, uh huh. And so she posts like leading up to fourth of July, like the gruesome days of the Fourth and then she posts like a montage of like this is when someone blew their hand off, This is what happens when you stand too close to a firework, and it has like the little content warning on it, and it just it always freaks me out.
Speaker 1: All I know is is a park near my house that now says no fireworks allowed because many years ago someone I think died or blew their hand off or something in that.
Speaker 2: What about that football player that did it? I mean now he's back in the NFL, but.
Speaker 1: You have to be so careful. Yeah, well whatever, this is a late warning because it's over. Well then again, tonight is almos gonna be all the extra boom booms that are laying around that's going to scare the hell out of my dog, because that's what happens.
Speaker 2: Is that what we call them? Boom boom?
Speaker 1: Yes, they are boom booms.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, Andrew.
Speaker 1: Are you ready to eat some cereal? He said boom boom, Well yeah he is said they're fireworks. It's okay, Okay, Now, this brand new cereal Andrew was sent to us by a listener of ours, and the original one was put out by Ralston in nineteen eighty five. Any guests, No, Then there was another one. It's a movie cereal. Okay. Then the next movie came out in nineteen eighty nine, so there was a cereal that looked like this. If you're watching, I'm holding up two fingers. And now for the all new movie in twenty twenty one or twenty twenty one, however you like to say it, there is a new one out by General Mills. Do you know that song, Andrew, my dear Scott, it's Ghostbusters, Yes, Ghostbuster Cerial. Thank you Ray Parker Junior for that little interlude.
Speaker 2: Also, I'm sorry I can't keep this act up. We recorded this episode before, and it didn't record correctly on Scott's computer because he didn't check if it was actually recorded. What we've done this episode already. I knew what was going on. I know what the three cereals are. I can't lie to our listeners.
Speaker 1: This is not a lie. This is just episode one eighty six, take two.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's all remitting it whatever.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we did this already. So you're such a jerk because now our reactions will be fake.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know what I really rated these before.
Speaker 1: So you just ruined the whole thing. Well, I'm not gonna.
Speaker 2: Go, oh my god, maybe it's Ghostbusters.
Speaker 1: I know what that it's Ghostbuster anyway, thank you. Rachel from Pennsylvania sent the Ghostbusters. Serial Afterlife is the name of the movie. And guess what, I know that it's coming out November eleventh.
Speaker 2: Because you didn't my daughters the lost episode, I'm now titling its serial Killers the Lost episode. Scott was convinced it came out in July of this year.
Speaker 1: June. I thought it was June eleventh because that's what I saw on the internet.
Speaker 2: And then I had to do research in the lost episode, which maybe one day you'll hear that. It actually came out in November. It was very funny. I'm sorry you'll never get to hear it. Who knows. Maybe I we'll release it. I'll release it on VHS tapes.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, Rachel for the Ghostbusters after life cereal from General Mills.
Speaker 2: We have to send this to coaster boy Josh after this because he loves Ghostbusters.
Speaker 1: Yes, fruity flavored sweet and corn puffs with marshmallows and other natural flavors.
Speaker 2: Who spoof?
Speaker 1: I dropped one, just like I did the last time.
Speaker 2: Andrew, Yeah, the lost episode. What can I tell you about it?
Speaker 1: What? We're also going to be using organic Valley two percent milk, the six dollars container that you brought, the.
Speaker 2: One that I still bought, and then we talked about inflation too.
Speaker 1: Listen, I don't remember the things that we talked about. So let's just it's a whole new episode. Andrew.
Speaker 2: I'm like an elephant in here. I can remember things. Some things I can't do. I not get to spoon anymore. Oh, thank you. I thought maybe I was cut off.
Speaker 1: I mean, some people have great memories, like my wife, Amy remembers the exact day time, everything where we met and our first everything. She remembers everything.
Speaker 2: I'm an idiot when it comes to certain details, like I don't know why I can remember. Oh, yeah, you wore that shirt X day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wore the shirt one year ago because I wear it every year on this day. Do you know why?
Speaker 2: Well, not this day, not July fifth?
Speaker 1: Okay, well, the day that I'm wearing the shirt is the anniversary of me working here. I've been at this radio station for twenty six years.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, alright, ready here we go.
Speaker 2: Hmm.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, it tastes like tricks.
Speaker 2: It tastes like tricks with marshmallows.
Speaker 1: Tasts like tricks with marshmallows.
Speaker 2: It is really good. I am enjoying this.
Speaker 1: Oh stop it, Andrew, I actually am.
Speaker 2: I get I gave this in the last episode. I think I gave it four balls in a spoon. I don't say what you think you gave it. Just give it what you want to give it. I give it four balls and a spoon. This is pretty good.
Speaker 1: It's got little white and blue ghost marshmallows. I'll give it four balls. It's good because I like tricks like marshmallow. So four bowls.
Speaker 2: It's delicious. I feel like it's not reinventing any wheel, but you don't need to. It's good.
Speaker 1: Now, how do you say this town in Pennsylvania where Rachel's from? It looks weird. It looks like it's brin Marr? Is that right? Is that how you say it? Maybe b r y nmawr Bryn mah.
Speaker 2: I think so right. I don't really know Pennsylvania. Pennsylvania is huge, That's all I know about it. I feel like every time I've done a road trip, I'm always in Pennsylvania. It's a very long state and it takes a very long time to get through.
Speaker 1: Yes, Pennsylvania should be two states because remember that time when I lived in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. So I had a drive across country a bunch of times, and Pennsylvania is the longest state horizontally. Yep, you know, yeah, and just you know, you hit Pennsylvania like, oh, finally Pennsylvania. New Jersey's next, but then Pennsylvania's like eight hours yep. What's the matter?
Speaker 2: Do you remember that from Cedar Rapids, Iowa?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Wow, corn Country?
Speaker 2: Remember when you lived there? What made it sound like like six years? Into like five years turned into two years. I've never set it into a year, and now we're at nine months. But we'll be there for nine months.
Speaker 1: Look, I estimated it as a year. I moved there in June. I came back and med.
Speaker 2: I estimate that I've been working here for twenty five years too, Scott.
Speaker 1: But that's eleven months. It's almost a year. So I just said a year.
Speaker 2: It's eleven months.
Speaker 1: Now May June to May is eleven months.
Speaker 2: Is it not the last episode? You? If I need to make a montage because.
Speaker 1: You have gone, you're the one that does it, not me.
Speaker 2: I know who goes eleven years or eleven months, nine months, ten months?
Speaker 1: Never? Yeah, okay, go find them. Okay, anyway, let's move on. Thank you very much, Rachel. T shirt on the way.
Speaker 2: Yay.
Speaker 1: We still have some of these ugly yellow shirts. So if you want to make a merch store for free, just send us some cereal that we haven't done yet and we'll send your shirt.
Speaker 2: We have to make a merch store, get on it.
Speaker 1: I think you made a merch store and it was garbage.
Speaker 2: It's gobage, I'm Scott, it's goboach.
Speaker 1: It was wasn't it. It's goldbouch. It was one of those like cafe press things where they make it as you order it and it's like iron on.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Because every time we're like, well let's do a merch line with somebody, you're like, but I want to ship them to people? No, yes, yes, your words, not mine. I would be more comfortable if I could ship it myself.
Speaker 1: Can we move on to the next listener supplied serials garbage? By the way, this whole episode is listener supplied, So thank you listeners.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the best Listeners shirts for all of you. Yay and soon. If we had Team Andy and Team Scott shirts, do you think people would buy them?
Speaker 1: They would buy all the Teams Scott shirts. They'd be like one Team Andy shirt and it'd be your mom. Let me tell you, hey, Donna.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my mom would buy it, and you know who else would My dad? He would buy two? Okay, and maybe Jackie.
Speaker 1: Can we move on to Alexis from Binghamton.
Speaker 2: Also the YouTube and the iTunes reviews or podcast reviews all like me too cool.
Speaker 1: So we've done this cereal multiple times from different store brands because for some garbage, because for some reason, only store brands make this cereal if General Mills or Kellog's or something jumped on it. I mean, hello, why would you not make peanut butter and jelly cereal peeb and j corn crunch from Wegmans. See that the other ones don't have the word corn in the name. This is sweetened corn and oat cereal with real peanut butter and natural strawberry flavor with other natural flavors. Now, I'm pretty sure we agreed in the past that grape jelly just would not work with peanut butter and jelly cereal, so it's always strawberry. Yeah, I'm I believe that the best one that we've had was the Millville one.
Speaker 2: Yes, we loved that one. I loved that one way back in the day. And we just a bad one.
Speaker 1: We did one from Oh, we did the one from Stoppin Chopper Johnson. It was okay, it was okay.
Speaker 2: We didn't like it that much, No, I think we did.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, Well that's you all right. So because you like.
Speaker 1: Something, Wegmans has food you can feel good about. Let's see, Andrew, how good you feel.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure I'm not gonna feel that good. Why are you making a mess.
Speaker 1: I'm not. I was just showing the camera.
Speaker 2: Remember when you were so resistant making a YouTube channel too? That was great.
Speaker 1: Didn't we say that we're gonna do TikTok?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think a TikTok would be fine.
Speaker 1: I do too. I don't know how we're gonna do it, but we need to do that.
Speaker 2: I feel like we could just do it like the board game people, because I'm I was. I have to I go through phases with TikTok where I'm just like, I've watched this for three hours today, I need to delete the app, and then I take a break for like two three weeks, and then I get back into it. Well, god, what, no, No, what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: No, it smells like peanut butter.
Speaker 2: This is gas station bathroom. This is what this smells like. This smells like gas station bathroom.
Speaker 1: Okay, if we're gonna go ahead behind the curtain. You said that last time, and I don't understand what it means, Scott. I've been to some very nice gas station bathrooms. It doesn't smell like.
Speaker 2: Seven eleven Jersey City. Next time you're in that has overflowing, that has overflowing diarrhea. It smells like the little pucks in the urinals, oh, urinal cakes. Yeah, okay, and if it tastes like that too, I'm just telling you from now I'm gonna throw up.
Speaker 1: Do you still have COVID? Because your nose is not right?
Speaker 2: What do you mean?
Speaker 1: This is this? It does not smell like anything bad?
Speaker 2: It does.
Speaker 1: Oh no, it tastes just as good as all the other peanut butter and jelly cereals we've had. No, No, no, I must say, there literally is something wrong with you.
Speaker 2: Ugh, that is disgusting.
Speaker 1: Alexis. He has no idea what he's talking about. It's very good. No, it's just as good as the others. No, the coloring is a little bit off. No, but I'm going to give it four balls.
Speaker 2: Have you ever had a black and mild?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: Now? A black and mild?
Speaker 1: There's not like a little cigar.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, this tastes like after you smoke a black and mild.
Speaker 1: Well, I wouldn't know.
Speaker 2: I'm just telling you that's what. It tastes like. Four balls a spoon For me, this four ball is gross. It smells gross. It tastes gross. Alexis is her name. Yeah, I thank you so much for sending it. It's really really ice.
Speaker 1: The one that sent us the Snickerdoodle cereal that we didn't like, I'm really sorry.
Speaker 2: I don't like your cereals. I'm really sorry. Love you for listening, so thank you for that. But this one, to me tastes like a black and mild the aftertaste, and it smells like a urinal puck. So for all those reasons, I'm out, and I give it a spoon. Actually, I don't think I really give much no balls of this, nobles or spoons. I don't like it. I'm offended by it.
Speaker 1: I'm completely blown away. I got it.
Speaker 2: Just it's I'm telling you. The next time we go, hold on a second into a convenience story.
Speaker 1: Hold on, hold on because no, you're you're you have problems. This one from stopping shop or Giant or whatever. Yeah, looks exactly the same because it's probably made by the same people. Look, it looks exactly the same. They're identical. It's different, and they taste exactly the same.
Speaker 2: Oh God, this is offensive too.
Speaker 1: What are you talking about? You like this one?
Speaker 2: M M Millville, I haven't said that.
Speaker 1: All right, we're gonna go back, get other Scott on the case. I want him to look at the ratings of all your peanut butter and jelly cereals and see how much you lie right now or you have some sort of illness that is preventing you from tasting this.
Speaker 2: One's honestly not that bad.
Speaker 1: It's exactly the same.
Speaker 2: Uh, these are puffy, that's guy bit.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I guess we'll have to move on because this is just not going to be.
Speaker 2: I like the peanut butter puffs, so yeah, I wish I didn't say.
Speaker 1: It doesn't say where they're made by.
Speaker 2: It just is distributed by the peanut butter balls are delicious.
Speaker 1: All right, They're identical. Let's move on to cereal number three, provided by I'm sorry I forgot it's the Leedle Box and you sent it to us a long time ago, and I definitely gave you a shout when we first got it. But thank you very much for the Letle cereals, for getting our listeners oat loops with honey cereal, and it's heart healthy, heart healthy with an asterisk, which means it is probably not. So this would be your fake honey nut cheerios.
Speaker 2: Wait, can you see oat loops with honey cereal. Yeah, the whole box design is so bad, and.
Speaker 1: It's also double sided. Look at that. They're so lazy.
Speaker 2: I don't think a back of the box is all that important.
Speaker 1: Scott, Yeah, there should be bees on the back flying around making honey and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: I just don't understand why they couldn't fit honey cereal.
Speaker 1: All on one line.
Speaker 2: I think Biff was in the design department that day and was like, I don't want it to be on the same line.
Speaker 1: Well, it's because that thing is taking up too much space. What's the honey thing? That thing? What is that?
Speaker 2: The spoons?
Speaker 1: A spoon? Though? What is it called a It's a honey dripper?
Speaker 2: What's it called a honey dripper?
Speaker 1: Okay, a dribbler? Wasn't it a song? What honey? Honey drippers? What the Sea of love? Sea of love? It was that that song? What it was? Something? Drippers? It was? It was a song from a movie and they played it on Top forty radio and I never understood why, But it was from a movie. Hold on, let's see if we have it.
Speaker 2: Do you remember that weird point in time in history when we used to play the Hanging Tree by Jennifer Lawrence from The Hunger Game. Sound was right.
Speaker 1: The Honey Drippers, yep, yeah, I don't either. Lyrics, Yeah, it's not obviously not a top forty song, Andrew, but we played it years ago. Look up and see what movie that was from. Please, because I'm telling you here is it in here a bahba ba honey Drippers blah blah blah blah, bah blah blah blah. I don't know, but it was from a movie, probably in the late eighties early nineties, because I remember radio playing it and I didn't understand why, but it was because it was from a movie, just like we played that other awful song that was in Dirty Sea of Love, but the honey remake of the phil Phillips song. Yeah, the honey Drippers.
Speaker 2: Notable covers anyway. Oh, in the plotline of the nineteen eighty nine Harold Becker film Sea of Love starring al Pacino and Ellen Barkin.
Speaker 1: Look at that. I was right. Late eighties, early nineties, nineteen eighty nine, dude, what's up now? Wow?
Speaker 2: Such a pro I mean, let's eat it before it gets too soggy.
Speaker 1: Well, definitely taste some honey Yeah, it's not. It's definitely not honey nut churios at all. It's a different bass. He always tastes different. It's okay, it's two balls in a spoon. Okay, Yeah, I give.
Speaker 2: It three balls.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's decent. I like it.
Speaker 2: There's not enough honey.
Speaker 1: Well, the honey washed off while I was playing the honey Drippers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, after we went into a tangent about the Sea of Love.
Speaker 1: That was the name of the movie Sea of Love.
Speaker 2: Yeah, huh had Ellen Barkin in it?
Speaker 1: Oh? Ellen Barkin? Yeah, dude, in the eighties, in the late eighties, it was all about Ellen Barkin.
Speaker 2: She's not the one who was in Requiem for a Dream, right, is that? Ellen Burstein?
Speaker 1: You are asking the wrong guy when it comes to movies. I'm shocked, and I remembered anything about that.
Speaker 2: You'd be good on Obscure Jeopardy, Yes, I would be.
Speaker 1: I would be.
Speaker 2: This song was used in the sixties for a multimeal commercial.
Speaker 1: Well, all right, you know what, So now here's the thing. This episode is much shorter than the one we did last week and messed.
Speaker 2: Up the lost episode soon to come on VHS.
Speaker 1: I know you're being a joky jerk. But how could we release it because what happened was my microphone was not on, only Andrews was. So we did the entire episode until the last thirty seconds not realizing it. And so we have the audio, but it's just Andrew, and we have the video, but it's just Andrew.
Speaker 2: You're faintly in the background.
Speaker 1: Maybe one day we can release it somehow.
Speaker 2: Maybe, But I mean again, you were the one who, I forget what episode it was, was so insistent on saying it's quality over quantity.
Speaker 1: You're right, that's why. That's why we had just have to trash it.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, you were the same person. It was like I could just boost the levels.
Speaker 1: Well I tried to be fine. It just sounded like I was in the background, and it was.
Speaker 2: You wanted to release it. You were so you were you threw a box?
Speaker 1: It was I did. I was so. It was because it was a really good episode. This one sucks in comparison. I was talking about bees under my steps and shooting foam in there to trap the honey bees, and you got pissed off.
Speaker 2: Okay, because you don't take care of bees. What bees are super important?
Speaker 1: I know they are, but I also don't want them making my house collasse.
Speaker 2: Then call the like the township, So.
Speaker 1: I should call a company. They should come dig up my steps to remove the honey bees. Yeah, that sounds great. Instead, I just bought a five dollars can of foam and I sprayed him and I sealed them in there. The bees have a nice life.
Speaker 2: It's not having nice like they're dead, Scotch.
Speaker 1: Get good. I don't need them stinging my family growing up.
Speaker 2: In a world without honey You're to blame.
Speaker 1: I don't think they're actually honeybees, though I don't think they were. They had the little pouches on the legs full of pollen of those honey bees. Yes, oh okay, well they're dead. Now you're terrible. Although there is this one jerk that keeps coming back and sticking his butt in the hole and like diggings looking for his friends. No, they're dead.
Speaker 2: That's so mean.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, thanks for listening to this episode of serial Killers. Hope you have a great week. Please follow us on all social media at serial Killers PC, like and subscribe and do all those things and leave nasty comments about me on our th thing of a jigger I love.
Speaker 2: When he reads them and then gets so sad about it.
Speaker 1: No, I don't get sad. I love it. I love that listeners they actually listen so they can I don't care.
Speaker 2: You know, one review that was just recently posted said yay, no more Danielle, and I was like, that's so mean.
Speaker 1: We do need to get Danielle back in here.
Speaker 2: I do miss Danielle to or Gandhi or just other people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, other people.
Speaker 2: We'll have guests on so okay, but.
Speaker 1: Not on Zoom because I can't deal with the audio.
Speaker 2: No, we'll have Jeff fix it. So this way you don't have a small panic attack because you're never ready. At actually ten week, you open up the zoom. Yeah, you press a couple buttons and then you go, oh my god, it's not working. It's not working.
Speaker 1: You may or may not get a bowl chat this Wednesday.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: No, you might not because you know what are because we're going on vacation and what dumping out a lot of.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter, Okay, so take care of having let's be pre recorded all of this.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening. Until we see you again, say Crunch, Andrew, Crunch, I really don't think there is one this week there is. Okay, we'll say yay. We'll see who's right and who's wrong. Andrew, it'll be me, okay,