Speaker 1: Welcome to the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast AM paranormal podcast network.
Speaker 2: Now get ready for us Strange Things with Joshua P. Warren.
Speaker 3: Welcome to our podcast. Please be aware the thoughts and opinions expressed by the host are their thoughts and opinions only and do not reflect those of iHeartMedia, iHeartRadio, Coast to Coast AM, employees of premier networks, or their sponsors and associates. We would like to encourage you to do your own research and discover the subject matter for yourself.
Speaker 2: I'm Joshua P. Warren and I'm in the field on a secret mission right now. You'll hear all about it when I get back, but for now, please enjoy this best of edition of Strange Things. Get ready to be amazed by the wizard of Weird. This is Strange Things with Joshua E.
Speaker 1: Warren. I am Joshua FE Warren, and each week on this show, I'll be bringing you brand new mind blowing content, news exercises and weird experiments you can do at home, and a lot more. On this edition of the program, It's Little Person time again.
Speaker 2: That's right. I am recording this in March of twenty twenty three. So I've decided to get an early jump on celebrating Saint Patrick's day up the Airy Mountain, down the Rushy Glen. We dare not go a hunting for fear of little men. So of course I'm talking about leprechauns and the like. And I figure, you know, it's better to perhaps have you listen to this a little early rather than ride on Saint Patrick's so you'll have some time to enjoy the content. And I tell you what, I'm also going to do something on this show that I don't think I've ever done before. I am going to play a complete song for you. And this is an original by UFO Phil. And if you listen to Coast to Coast am with George Nori, you will know that he is a staple of the show. He has a very distinctive voice. He's a great musician and sing and he composed this song that George has played, oh gosh, I don't know hundreds of times. I think he usually plays it at the end of maybe like Friday Nights and it's uh and it's just called I'm listening to Coast to Coast and so UFO Phil has this song that I recently discovered called Larry the lunar Leprechaun. So I will be playing that for you on the show, with his permission. And so that's just a special fun thing. Another thing I'm going to do right up front here is something else that I've never done on a show. According to my DNA analysis, a good chunk of my DNA is Irish, also Scottish. So I decided I'm going to start off the show here with a shot of Irish whiskey. Yeah, And you know what, And if you have your favorite beverage nearby, go ahead and prepare it. We'll do a toast together. How about that? And so I just I don't drink liquor that much anymore. I used to when I was younger, growing up in Ashville, but now that I'm getting a little older, I find that often if I drink liquor, I may not feel too great the next day. But I think I can handle a shot of this. I just grabbed a bottle off of my bar here at home, and I'm in my home studio. I'm not going anywhere, so I can do this. I just might sound a little bit goofy the rest of the show. But wat's new there? What do we have here? This is cask matured kilbrin Irish whiskey, nice green bottle. It's got a red foil seal on it. So I'm gonna go ahead and pop this baby open. Oh yeah, and got my special shot glass here. I'm not going to go into that, but maybe someday I'll tell you about my special shot glass and maybe I'll even sell you one. You can drink whiskey like me. All right, So I'm gonna pour pour my shot of Irish whiskey to warm up for the show. And it is cold here, even though you know I'm in Las Vegas, but you'd be surprised how chilly it gets here in Vegas. Okay, there's my one shot, and uh okay, if you're ready, here we go. Here is one of the old Irish toasts I remember as you slide down the banister of life, May the splinters always point the right way. Ah whoo, smooth and toasty, yeah, certainly powerful. It's got that little Irish whiskey burn at the end. All right, I think I'm loosened up now. I'm ready to do a Saint Patrick's show. And I may as well start by doing something stupid and illogical. I think I'm going to debut a new segment on this show, and it's called and now I'm going to make my wife mad? Do you think? What do you think is that a good idea? Is that a segment just to make my wife mad? You can see that shot very quickly went into my bloodstream. So you know, hopefully she won't listen to this show. I just thought something happened recently that I thought was kind of funny. She's probably not gonna like the fact that I'm bringing this up on the show. But here we go. So I don't do a lot of TV filming anymore. I just don't have the time for it. I've told you that before. But I did agree to do a project recently out filming in the desert here, of course, in Las Vegas. Las Vegas is as a city, is an island in the middle of a desert. We're surrounded by miles and miles and miles of just descint land. That's why you have all the military testing and stuff out here. So I can't tell you the details. But this guy who's a producer in La he's a friend of mine. He's working on this project and it's you know, it has to do with UFOs. That's as much as I'll tell you. And so he came out here to film with me recently, and so Lauren and I got into our suv it's a Toyota four Runner, which we've had for a long time, and we drove way out into the desert to meet with this small crew. And so after I finished my filming part, we set our farewells and then we got back into our Forerunner and the battery was dead. And so at first I was like, like, well, that's just kind of weird because the battery is not that old, but this is a harsh climate, and I go, well, no problemo. I've got our super rugged survival box that I always keep in the car. I have this box. You know, I am enough of a prepper type that I've got a Ham radio in there because I have a Ham radio license. I have got a little battery that you can use to jump start your car if there's not another car around. I've got all kinds of you know, like some block supplies and survival blankets and first aid kits and walking talk. I mean, I got all this stuff, and of course there's jumper cables in there. So I was like, We're gonna be fine, no sweat. I had prepared for everything out in this harsh desert environment. But it turns out there was one one thing I had not prepared for. My beautiful wife Lauren took the kit out of the car. Oops. I did not prepare for that. And so yeah, and of course I'm like, you too, we have an emergency kit. That is the one thing that I cannot compensate for is the kit not being of the car. This is how reality works, isn't it. And she goes, well, it's your fault. I was like, how is that my fault? And she said that she went to the grocery store and bought a bunch of groceries that I had wanted, and so she took it out of the car to make room. And I'm like, well, but you could have put it back in. Look, you know that you can't win these kinds of arguments, guys. So here I was. I was like, all right, surely this film crew in their van, they probably have some jumper cables. Nope, they didn't have jumper cables. As a matter of fact, their shoot had almost been cursed. They'd had a lot of different problems along the way, which I won't get into. So here we are stranded in the desert without jumper cables, with my super duper survival box back at my house. But I must say that the person who saved the day was mister Jason Sarachi because he also was part of the shoot that day, and we were able to use his truck to drive to wherever we could finally find some jumper cables. Anyway, we got it solved. But it was kind of funny though that here we were in an area where a lot of strange phenomena had been occurring, a lot of big electrical signals, and you know, the battery gets zipped. I don't know that it seems like and you may not realize this. If you start working on a paranormally oriented show, and I mean UFOs, ghosts, psychic phenomena, CRYPTI, it's any of that stuff, then often there are things that will work against you. They're obstacles that you will face. So everything turned out well, and it was a great lesson learned to your survival kit doesn't do any good for you unless you have it. With you all right, Sorry about that, Lauren, but okay, now let's get ready to talk about Saint Patrick's Day and the little people, because you know my friend Jim Marris, he used to say, a little green man runs across the room at a party and one person says, look an alien. Another person says, look a leprechaun. Another person says, look a demon. Well what are these things? We've seen them all throughout history from different cultural points of view, but we interpret these beings in different ways. Coming up on our first break and you may or may not know that I have this brand new, one last chance item out there for you. Some of you were able to get a Buddhas stone a long time ago with a purple plate kit that was early on, and those are gone. Then some of you were lucky enough to get the Buddha stone wand now those are gone. But what you can get now, this is my last time offering this, the Buddhastone money magnet kit. Go right now to the Buddhastone dot com that's spelled b U d Dha the buddhastone dot com. And also while you're clicking around there on the net, you sure better go to Joshua Ppwarren dot com and sign up for my free e newsletter on the homepage. When you do that, you will receive an automated email with links to all kinds of free instant online gifts. Takes you two seconds to do that, Joshuapwarren dot com. You just put your email address into the little bank there and hit the submit button. So do that during the break. Okay, I'm Joshua P. Warren. You're listening to Strange Things on the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast AM Paranormal Podcast Network, and I will be right back. Welcome back to Strange Things on the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast AM Paranormal Podcast Network. I'm your host, the Wizard of Weird, Joshua P. Warren, beaming into your wormhole brain from my studio and Sin City, Las Vegas, Nevada, where every day is golden and every night is silver. Yes, as we prepare for the Saint Patti's celebratory mood, get ready to dance a jig because here it is from UFO Phil, a song that I presume I will be listening to at least once a year from here on out. This is Larry the Lunar Leprechaun.
Speaker 4: Last year at the Saint Patrick's Bash, I was down at the pub keating bangers and nash. I met a guy. He was short, green and fat, with a big green antenna sticking out of his hat. He looked kind of Irish except for his mister spot ears secret. He said, my name is Larry. I came from the Moon to buy beer. Larry the Lunar Lepricaun one pyth again his head. Then he's gone. He busits the planet every years. He is the only place that has good beer. And Larry the Lepricand knows how to have a good time dude, but he never drinks so much that he won't be able to fly. And that night Larry started to talk about how the Moon has a shortage of barley and hops. They've got clovers and potatoes to spare. They serve shamrock shakes, but no beer. It's not fair. He looks like a spaceman except for his rainbow tattoo. He said, poor me a guinness, cause they don't have this.
Speaker 3: On the Moon.
Speaker 4: Marry the Lunar Leprica one point of guinness, and Ben King's gone. He visits the planet every year because Earth is the only place that has good here, and Larry the Leprikan knows how to have a good time, but he never drinks so much that he won't be able to fly. Marry the Lunar Leprica one point of guinness, and Ben King's gone. He's not an ordinary guy to a rainbow, a part of all the ship that fly. And Larry the Lepricon knows how to have a good time, but he never drinks so much that he won't be able to fly. And each year on Saint Patrick's Day, he'll be down at the pub, sitting in the same place. A quick beer and some bangers to go, a chat with some humans, and time to fly home. He looked kind of irish, except for his mister spock ears secret. He said, my name is Larry. I came from the Moon to buy beer, Marry the Lunar Lepricaun one pint a guinnis, and then he's gone. He visits the planet every year to Earth is the only place that serves creams, beer, Me the lunder Lepricaun one pint aginnis, and Ben He's gone, and Larry the Lepricon knows.
Speaker 2: How to have a good time.
Speaker 4: That he never drinks so much that he won't be able to never drink so much that game won't be able to never drink so much that he won't be able to fly. Ah.
Speaker 2: Yes, Larry the lunar Leprechaun. How can you not feel good when you listen to that, especially after a shot of Irish whiskey. Thank you, UFO Phil for letting us all enjoy your original creation there. And by the way, if you go to his website ufophil dot com, that's Phil spelled p h I l ufo phil dot com, it's very interesting. It says he's President of Earth, Ambassador to the Aliens, a really nice guy. But listen to this. It says UFO Phil feature film in development, and if you are interested in becoming involved with the UFO Phil feature film, he has an email address right there, and I'm sure he would be happy to hear from you, and I can't wait to see what he's gonna come up with. So go check that out at ufoviil dot com. All right, well, hopefully if you're not in the mood by now, I don't know what else I can do for you. And now, Look, I don't want this show to be redundant because I have had a lot of close friends tell me about having personal encounters with little people, and I have talked about all those stories before, so I'm not going to repeat them. If you want to hear those stories, go back, go way back and listen to episode twenty three of this Strange Things podcast and it's called are the Little People Real? Okay? Episode twenty three. And also keep in mind that if you just want to see a whole list of all the Strange Things shows and my descriptions of them, because sometimes my description in some cases is a little different than the description that's posted with the podcast, just go to Strain thingsshow dot com Strange Thingsshow dot com and you'll see the list of every single episode and what I think best describes that episode. So go back and listen to twenty three, episode twenty three if you really want to hear about people who have encountered them face to face and some theories about what they may be. But let's talk for now though, a little bit about what Saint Patrick's day is. And I should also mention that I know people of Irish descent, especially some who literally were born and raised in Ireland who don't really like Saint Patrick's Day because they don't agree with the influence that Christianity had when it moved into Ireland all those centuries ago. So you know, you just have to also keep that in mind. I guess it's you know, worth mentioning. But okay, here's what Wikipedia says. Saint Patrick's Day or the Feast of Saint Patrick, the Day of the Festival of Patrick, is a cultural and religious celebration held on the seventeenth of March, which is the traditional death date of Saint Patrick. They believe he was born in three eighty five and died around four sixty one, and he is considered the foremost patron saint of Ireland. I'm going to talk a little bit more about who he was in a minute. There's you know, the facts are unclear, but it looks like that he he died when he was, you know, an older fellow, in his seventies or something. If you see some pictures of him, they show him looking a lot like Santa Claus with a long white beard, So it says you're Saint Patrick's Day was made an official Christian feast day in the early seventeenth century and is observed by the Catholic Church, the Anglican Communion, the Eastern Orthodox, the Lutheran Church. Actually, I'm not not going to name everything, but it says celebrations generally involve public parades and festivals, the wearing of green and or shamrocks, and it says historically restrictions on eating and drinking alcohol were lifted for the day, which encouraged people to consume. It's a public holiday in the Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland, the Canadian province of Newfoundland and Labrador, widely celebrated in the US, Canada, Argentina, UK, etc. Et cetera. And so here is what I can recall about, you know, the legend of Saint Patrick. Again, this was so long ago. A lot of it's very unclear, but so I believe he was Traditionally they say he was born somewhere in the British Isles, and somehow, when he was like sixteen years old, he ended up being captured and becoming a slave to Irish pirates. You don't think so much about that concept, do you, Yeah, But so he was enslaved by Irish pirates for years until he finally escaped, and then of course he became affiliated with the church and rose through the ranks, so to speak, and then decided to go back to Ireland and help the people there, which is, I may not might sound kind of ironic. And he would use the shamrock to describe the Holy Trinity because you know, shamrocks usually have just three leaves there. And of course being the Emerald, isle Green was always a big player. And he is also credited with supposedly removing all the snakes from Ireland. You know, there's all this drama about Hi getting up there and driving the snakes out, but most people say, like, there's pretty good evidence that there have never even been snakes in Ireland. So yeah, it kind of reminds you of the old joke like this guy killed all the lions in Las Vegas and you say there are no lions in Las Vegas, and it's like, well, exactly, you know that kind of thing, even though actually there are lions in Las Vegas. There's a whole lion habitat here. Bad example anyway, So but yeah, you know, he he apparently was beloved enough for this holiday to surround his legend and they nobody seems to know exactly how he died, but it just says that he died peacefully of natural causes. And so that's what Saint Patrick's stay is about. And of course the little people, they have been a part of that culture going way back, you know, pre Christian So maybe we'll talk a little bit about that when we come back. But I also realize I'm getting behind on some pretty interesting listener emails, and so I'm going to read some of those to you. And in fact, there's one that stands out in my mind from somebody who says, I think I have been experiencing astral visitors that are messing with me. So we're not talking about ghosts of dead people. We're talking about living people who are astrally projecting to this guy's house. He thinks that might be possible, and he says, how do I tell the difference. I'm Joshua P. Warren. You're listening to Strange Things on the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast AM Paranormal podcast network, and I will be right back after these important messages. Welcome back to Strange Things on the iHeartRadio and Ghost A Coast AM Paranormal podcast Network. I'm your host, Joshua P. Warren, and this is the show where the unusual becomes usual. Ozzia tato zoom may. Post a video of yourself saying that word on social media and just see what reaction you get. Don't give an explanation. I think if you can remember that, you're strengthening your brain. Ozzia tato zoom may. All right, let's see what the story is behind leprechauns. And again, if you listen to episode twenty three of this show called Are the Little People Real, You're going to get a deeper understanding. But okay, here's just you know, since we're talking about it. Wikipedia. A leprechaun is a diminutive supernatural being an Irish folklore, classed by some as a type of solitary fairy. They are usually depicted as little bearded men wearing a coat and hat who partake in mischief, and later times they have been depicted as shoemakers who have hidden a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Leprechaun like creatures rarely appear in Irish mythology and only became prominent and later folklore. Have you ever seen Darby Ogil and the Little People Boy. That's a great movie. And you know, I guess that's one of the cool things about the leprechaun concept is that we're going back to making wishes. You know, the leprechaun can grant you a wish. But unfortunately, this whole idea of a leprechaun granting a wish has taken on kind of a sinister context because you've got you've got to have drama in stories, and so usually, like the Leprechaun, wish comes at a price that is unexpected. So it's it reminds you of like the Monkeys Paul short story, where be careful what you wish for. You might get it, but it's going to happen in a way that you're not gonna like, you're gonna have to sacrifice something else that you're not even thinking about. It's a surprise, and that has scared a lot of people away from the whole manifestation and wish making practice. But in reality, you do not generally have to worry about that sort of thing because you are only capable of receiving what you put out. When you are making up your desire to manifest something on your own. So I mean, I guess if a little man pops up and asks you that, well, maybe that maybe that does have a catch, but that doesn't actually happen. When you're actually manifesting things. You are putting out the projection for what you want, and if you only put out positivity, then only positivity can come back. So don't even worry about that. But let's get onto the name Leprechaun. This is actually a lot trickier than I thought it was going to be. The etymology they say, it's they think this word is descended from the Old Irish luckerpon or luprecahn. It's like, okay, and then they give you different versions and it's like okay, what does all that mean? And apparently it's kind of unclear. They say the word may have been coined as a compound of the roots lagu and corp, which are Latin for small and body. Okay, And then it says that folk etamol derives the word from lafe, which means half and brogue. Because of the frequent betrayal of the leprechaun is working on a single shoe. So I don't know. I guess nobody really knows for sure, but they say. The leprechaun is said to be a solitary creature whose principal occupation is making and cobbling shoes, and who enjoys practical jokes. It says the leprechaun is considered to be not a professional cobbler, but frequently seen mending his own shoes as he runs about so much he wears them out with great frequency. And let's see, it says this is the perfect opportunity to capture a leprechaun when he's working on his shoes, and then refusing to release him until the leprechaun gives the captor supernatural wealth. Okay, well, you know, if you're interested in leprechauns, you can read more about that on your own. But I just think it's always interesting to look at where these traditions come from. All right, now, let's get into some emails. Let's see what you are thinking. This comes to me from uh Andrew. I'm not sure where he is located, so I'm just gonna it's kind of a lengthy email, so let me just sort of I'm just gonna read it best I can as he wrote it. He says, is there a way one can detect astral projectors, like using an EMF meter to find paranormal activity in the other life. He goes on to say, I have been experiencing some weird phenomena regarding spiritual activity and oppression, but multiple times they have claimed to be astral projecting, which I cannot confirm. Would you know of any method to figure out if they are astral projectors, telepaths messing with me, witches, ethereal beings, or ghosts of the dearly departed? He says, I've been trying to nail it down, but I'm just honestly distracted by some of their weird threats and judgmental attitudes. And then he gives some details. He says, at one point, I found myself in the middle of a park, and he tells where it is, but I'm not going to repeat that, and he says I was on a little island. I guess they have a pond there, And he says, basically calling whatever gods or goddesses or whatever would give me clarification. And I was doing this because these beings were claiming to be humbling me while mentally torturing me. So he says I started messing with them back. It's a whole bizarre type of communication I've never heard of before being used. But I digress. So here I am on this little island when the wind kicks up and in a three hundred and sixty degree fashion all around me, both inside and outside my head, as if I were in the middle of a surround sound system. I hear this adult the female voice say will you go to war with me? And then something along the lines of I'm Lilith, and he says, anyway, there's a bunch whole more surprise occurrences, as if they're intentionally trying to mess with my head. But I am a fool me once kind of person. So he says, if you have any knowledge on this or beings and other planes of existence, please let me know, all right. So, I mean, this is a weird email, right, What do you do with an email like this? So I just kind of tried to break it the best I could, And I said, well, look, Andrew, in my opinion, as an investigator who measures these things best I can, there is no way to distinguish between astral projectors and other types of interactive spiritual beings by using detection equipment alone, it comes down to an interpretation of entity behavior and psychology. So, in other words, it is my belief that, based on the evidence I've collected, whenever something takes on a non physical form, whether that be something we consider ghostly or some person who's projecting astery essentially a part of them, a spiritual representation of them is materializing somewhat in the physical world and interacting with you, and that process it still creates the same kinds of changes with electrostatic fields and electromagnetic anomalies, and so therefore I don't think that you can just use our current level of detection equipment to differentiate. But that's why I went on to say, so you have to look at their behavior, which is why that you know, most ghosts are non interactive, and they're redundant, and they are predictable, and you can see that this is almost like a recording in the environment that keeps replaying itself. But in other cases, you have a being that seems like it's interactive, which might be a disembodied spirit, but it's not speaking to you in a way as if it's coming to attack you or something. It might be the spirit of a deceased loved one. So if you have these like strangers that are popping up in a spiritual form and they are saying things that are disturbing you, well, then it could be somebody who's astually projecting I guess. I mean, that's pretty darn rare. Or you know, it's more likely some kind of a thing that would be classified as as demonic, like some kind of being from another realm that's coming and messing with you. But on the other hand, you know what, you always if you start having these experiences, I think you should go see a physician and make sure that you don't have a mental illness as well. You know, that's just part of the process. Have that checked out, you know. But when it comes to like figuring out a behavioral question, I always tell people email my friend Angela Moore and just tell her what's going on. She might be able to help you sort through how to interpret the behavior of these things if you have something really coming through. And her email address is Angela Vision at yahoo dot com A N G E. L A V I S I and Angela Vision at yahoo dot com. All Right, so that's how I answered that question. Maybe that's of interest to some of you. Next, I have an email from Celeste and she has a question about wands, and she said, first of all, the Buddha wand is gorgeous. I love it, and it was beautifully wrapped. Then she talks about another type of wand, and she says, how do I tell the difference between these ones and how to use them? Do they do the same thing? This is a question I get a lot from people who have ones, and so when we come back, I'll tell you about that. And then also some news scientists have built a tractor beam. I'm Joshua P. Warren. You're listening to Strange Things on iHeart Radio and Coast to Coast AM Paranormal Podcast Network. I'll be right back. Welcome back to the final segment of this edition of Strange Things on the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast AM Paranormal Podcast Network. I'm your host, Joshua P. Warren. And Celest email me and said, Okay, there it is. She says, first of all, the Buddha wand is gorgeous. Now, of course you can't. I don't think I think those are sold out. I'm not one hundred percent short. But she says I love it. Also, I have the wand that has the magnets on the bottom with the quartz crystal on top. She is talking about the forces of nature wand I'm pretty sure we have some of those still remaining if you go to the Curiosity shop at Joshua Pewarren dot com. And she said, can you explain the difference in the wands or do they do the same things? Thank you in advance. And I get these questions from time to time about you know, different products and different versions of things, and so I figured out, go ahead and read you what I sent her. I said, Hi, Celeste, both of these wands are intended to help you manifest whatever you like. I just experiment with different wand designs for different things. One day, I'm in the mood for pizza for dinner, the next day grilled fish, et cetera. So pick whichever one draws you in for a particular wish. It's different for everyone and every wish, and that's the truth. And she said, thank you so much, God bless you. I also received this message from a gentleman named David who lives I believe, in Missouri, and he sent me a couple of pictures, and he said, I have been using the Buddhist Stone and the Tesla plate the last several months with much success. And his two pictures are cash outs from the casino he goes to, and you know what I mean, like you cash out and they give you a little ticket that you go and you take to the machine to get you your actual cash or to the the cage where the cashier is. One of the tickets that he has here in this picture cashed out one thousand, six hundred and fifty three dollars and the other one cashed out two thousand, one hundred and seventy three dollars. He's doing pretty darn well. As a matter of fact, both of those are enough money that he would have had to fill out a an IRS tax form for hitting money like that. So he says the buddhistone and the Tesla play. Keep that in mind when you go to the Buddhastone dot com and again Buddha is spelled Buddha like boodh Ha the Buddha Stone dot com. Thank you for that, David, And hey, congratulations, man, you know you, I bet your life is now easier in some ways. Huh uh. I have another real, really interesting email that I read, and I thought, you know what, this is a subject that is interesting enough I might turn it into like a main subject for a whole show. So I'm gonna save that one for next time. But I do want to get this in here. From Popular Mechanics dot com. This just recently was published, says scientists actually did it. They built a real working tractor beam. You know how in the sci fi movies and TV shows, suddenly a tractor beam kicks on. I know they did this in Star Wars and a ship gets caught in the in the beam and it can't move and it gets pulled in and uh, it says here. Tractor beams have long been a staple of sci fi, but you might not know they've also existed in the real world, albeit at a very small scale. Micro Optic tractor beams, better known as optical tweezers, can pull atoms and nanoparticles for use in medicine and research. But we've never been able to actually see this happen. Well now we can, and a new study published in the journal Optic Express, Chinese scientists created the first tractor beam strong enough to manipulate macroscopic objects. That means things you can actually see with the naked eye. That's how large these objects are. They don't say exactly how big they are, but you you know, being able to see them with the neked eye, that's huge in terms of like quantum stuff. It says, yes, it was done in a highly controlled lab manipulating a specific type of graphene composite. But it says they used they used a laser to move an object. And the scientists write, quote, with our new approach, the light pulling for has a much larger amplitude. In fact, it is more than three orders of magnitudes larger than the light pressure used to drive a solar cell, which uses the momentum of photons to exert a small pushing force. And so they say, in the experiments, a torsional pendulum device presented the laser pulling phenomenon. So basically they created some kind of a pendulum and they're hitting this thing with a laser, and you know they can they can suck it toward them. And so that's what these shiny scientists have done. And they say that this could whether or not this could work so well on big stuff here on Earth is yet to be seen. But a tractor beam like this could definitely manipulate vehicles and aircraft in space or somewhere like Mars. So interesting, huh. Popular Mechanics dot Com see sci Fi Come into Life? Come into life? Okay. In the and the final minutes of this podcast, sometimes I have this segment that I like to call mental manna, where I just share with you something that I find interesting that I've been thinking about. And the other day I bought a periscope for a project. It's like, you know, one foot long, and when you look through this periscope, I mean you could lift it up above you know, a fence or some other object and spy, you know, hunters use them to stay hidden while they're looking for their game. And what's funny is that when you look through the lower end of the periscope, the mirror that you're looking at is only a couple inches from your eyes. Now, I am near sighted, so I wear glasses, and that means nearsighted means I can see stuff that's up close, but I can't see stuff clearly that's far away. So when you're looking through the periscope, the mirror is actually close to your eyes. So do you think I have to wear glasses to look at the mirror on the periscope or not think about that for a minute. I'm supposed to be able to see stuff that's close to me. So can I look at the mirror that's only a couple inches away and see clearly? Or do I still need my glasses? The answer is I still need my glasses because it doesn't matter if the image is actually a couple inches away. It's still interpreting light that is coming from far away. That's kind of cool, I think. So I started researching, you know, the history of glasses. Do you know when eyeglasses were invented? I mean, what a profound thing that was. And it says here that Pliny the Elder, who was, you know, one of the ancient historians, said that there were times, you know, in the Greek and Roman ancient days, when people would use gemstones, like they would just luck out and they'd find a gymstone that would help them see. That supposedly, Emperor Nero had an emerald that he would use to help him see, and that over time they started realizing they could shape things and the actual invention supposedly of what we would recognize as a modern day eyeglass. It seems to have been made in central Italy, most likely in Pisa, where you know they have the Leaning Tower, about twelve ninety, but we don't know exactly who came up with them. And a sermon delivered on the twenty third of February of thirteen oh six, A Friar said, it is not yet twenty years since there was found the art of making eyeglasses which make for good vision. And it is so short a time that this new art, never before extant, was discovered. I saw the first one who discovered and practiced it, and I talked to him end quote. But I don't think they ever actually say, like, this is the person who invented eyeglasses. That it's interesting that thousands of years ago people were using natural gemstones to achieve this. But apparently, you know, the Italians and the late twelve hundreds gave us what we would recognize now as eyeglasses. And what a revolutionary invention, and yet so simple by today's standards, because it's a passive device that just bends and manipulates light. So there's your mental manna for this edition of the program. All right, Now let's end the show as I so often do, by listening to that tone that continues to bring people great success in their lives, help, happiness, all that kind of stuff. If you can close your eyes, take a few deep breaths. If you have some water, you might want to put it in front of the speaker, and then afterward drink that water. Here is the good Fortune tone, exclusively from this show. That's it for this edition of the show. Follow me on Twitter at Joshua P. Warren, Plus visit Joshua Pwarren dot com to sign up for my free e newsletter to receive a free instant gift, and check out the cool stuff in the Curiosity Shop all at Joshuapwarren dot com. I have a fun one lined up for you next time, I promise. So please tell all your friends to subscribe to this show and to always remember the Golden Rule. Thank you for listening, thank you for your interest and support, Thank you for staying curious, and I will talk to you again soon. You've been listening to Strange Things on the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast AM Paranormal podcast network.
Speaker 3: Well, if you like this episode of Strange Things, wait till you hear the next one. Thank you for listening to the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast AM Paranormal Podcast Network.