Speaker 1: The folks did a Sunday August twenty third, and there is a major manhunt for a woman going on right now in Massachusetts. And with that, welcome to this episode of Amy and TJ. This has been going on for several days now. This woman has been missing, a woman, Robes I guess we shouldn't necessarily surprised to hear that she's accused of killing her husband.
Speaker 2: Her husband's a cop.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a big deal. And look, they have now issued an arrest warrant for her. The charge is assault and battery with a dangerous weapon with serious bodily injury. But they found her husband lying in their yard dead and what they describe as a bloody scene inside the home that they shared.
Speaker 1: And so we are now getting into as that we're hopping on here on this Sunday, Yes, folks, it so remind we do these live on day of We don't necessarily get a chance to tape ahead. So this is happening now, and as we sit here on Sunday, this is almost a week long search for this woman who by this point Robes I haven't seen necessarily much reporting or much from the authorities that think she's dead or in some way met her demise. But sounds like they think this woman's on the run and they're telling everybody to watch out, don't approach her.
Speaker 2: She's considered dangerous, Yes.
Speaker 3: Armed and dangerous is what they said. And look, she was last seen on a ring camera walking down the street just shy of her home in a T shirt, shorts and flipflops.
Speaker 4: So it's not as if she escaped.
Speaker 3: In a vehicle or had any other quick way of leaving the scene. And yet she is missing, nowhere to be seen, no sightings of her.
Speaker 1: This is Woocester, Massachusetts, where this has taken place, where this all started on August eighteenth. So you go back to last Tuesday when they got a nine to one one call, and this nine to one one call.
Speaker 2: Came very early in the morning, and.
Speaker 1: Also with some string search ccumstances here robes it turns out later that turns out she was the one to call nine one one in the first place.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 3: So when the call comes in at five point thirty in the morning, what the scene is described as a mail laid out in the backyard, unknown breathing, and so yes, officers rushed to the scene and they find her husband. But then I believe it was about thirty minutes later they went and retraced the nine to one one call, and yes, it ended with Karen Solomon's voicemail, so it was very obvious who called nine.
Speaker 1: One one, And that's they're trying to piece this together now. And there's some questions about who was at the house, how many people were at that house, But the only person robes at the authorities at this point are going after is a woman by the name of Karen Solomon. She is fifty eight years old. I didn't get a good read on how long these two had been married.
Speaker 4: Well I didn't either.
Speaker 3: They we know that they shared a home and had been married, but there was some indication in some of the ports that authorities didn't want to discuss their current relationship status, and they cited domestic violence privacy rules. So yeah, this is the AP, the AP reporting that who knows that there was history between the two of some domestic violence?
Speaker 1: Oh no, I saw the police reported that. I didn't necessarily make sense of it. What are they suggesting that they cannot reveal or say about their victim or about their suspect. That is a violation of they say domestic violence laves is what they quoted. I didn't necessarily fully comprehend what they were. What you can't say.
Speaker 3: Right if someone's been convicted or charged or accused of we certainly have a right to know that, and it's certainly a matter of public records.
Speaker 4: So that was a bit confusing.
Speaker 3: And if you look at the comments in this article, people are rushing to judgment, saying, yes, that there was some history, and that obviously she was exacting revenge, sure she had had enough or there are all sorts of people trying to fill in the blank. But clearly if she were, if she felt like she had a right to defend herself, it wouldn't seem like the next step would be to flee the scene, never to be found.
Speaker 4: I guess.
Speaker 1: So again she fled. As the timeline goes here, it was five thirty when the call came in five thirty a m. On Tuesday, August eighteenth. The police were there in twenty minutes, or they a nine to one dispatcher called back in twenty minutes, phone didn't nobody answered, and robes the police were on scene within that twenty minutes. They were there soon she was already gone, so she called and bounced, is what it appears. That sounds like somebody on the run, but she didn't look like somebody who was about to be on the run.
Speaker 3: Exactly like if if that were the case, it's just bizarre to see her walking in you know, not that many clothing and flip flops.
Speaker 4: That's not how you get away or have a life on the run.
Speaker 3: And look, this is a woman when you read up on her, she wrote two books about the physical and psychological problems that first responders have when they deal with coming up on crime scenes. Right, so this is a bit ironic. And she actually created an organization called First Help h ELP and it helps those folks with mental health. So it's just interesting given her line of work and what she dealt with in and obviously felt very passionate about to create a whole organization surrounding this notion to then create her own crime scene. The irony is not lost on anyone who was reading the story.
Speaker 1: And the victim here is a thirty one year police veteran, Kurt Solomon is his name. He was found dead at that home. They didn't identify I guess ropes, but they think the murder weapon is do have write a sharp object? He sound like he was stabbed in some way where they call this a bloody scene. He was found in the backyard, and you can only imagine bro this is. We've covered plenty of stories with when they're but when there are firefighters who are killed or police officers who were killed, it has an impact on not just that force, but that community in a particular way. And grew up to see that he had been around for thirty one years as an officer. He knew everybody, and everybody knew.
Speaker 3: Him exactly, and so it was there are some gutting statements made by those who worked with him, who knew him, The sheriff, the police chief, all talking about what an incredible police officer he was and how he's going to be missed. I believe the mayor even said he's going to miss his warm smile at some of the meetings that they would all be at for the community. So this was a well known member of the community and that's why this domestic violence is a little strange.
Speaker 4: Who knows.
Speaker 3: I mean, look, domestic violence can work both ways. We don't know, and people are rushing to judge because Oh he was a cop. Oh he must have been this way, he must have been that way, And that seems why unfair given the circumstances, because, yes, I'm thinking, if she were defending herself, if there was some altercation that took place where there was documentation of past bad acts, you wouldn't imagine that she would run, that she would leave the scene, that she would she would stand there and say, this is what happened.
Speaker 4: I was defending myself. For her to be on the run is bizarre.
Speaker 2: Isn't that?
Speaker 1: The other scenario robes, even though it might not be as likely, is that she was the offender in whatever past domestic violence now that goes along with her running. Yes, but we don't. Again, it was an odd thing for the police to say. Did they have to say that? Did they Why put that out there? I know they got a question or something from the absurd from reporters, but that just to leave it there and leave it hanging is now leaving everybody to guess and wonder what in the world happened to this guy. But it's that there is no records that they've been able to get her on the phone or how they've been able to track her, but roads it's we have seen.
Speaker 2: And we're usually pretty.
Speaker 1: It's pretty remarkable how quickly they're able and are beingion to find folks and track folks down. This is a woman who was lasting flip flops, and they don't seem to have any idea where she is.
Speaker 3: I think that's so bizarre to me, And to the point where they're so concerned about this woman's ability or maybe reasonable belief that she could inflict harm on others. They've been canceling community events. There were several different community events in the Worcester area where they were using public parks. They've canceled them, relocated them, moved them further away. That just speaks to the level of concern they have about this woman being out and about with potentially a weapon.
Speaker 4: That is alarming as well.
Speaker 3: A fifty eight year old woman you don't normally consider a physical threat. Obviously, if that person has a weapon, that's concerning. But I just thought that was that spoke to the level of concern this community has at this point about what she's capable of.
Speaker 1: But we all that doesn't what is happening, that just doesn't happen. You're canceling community events because a fifty eight year old woman is running around with.
Speaker 4: A knife, they close public parks.
Speaker 1: I mean, I just feel like we're missing something. And again they're doing that investigation. They have to do what they have to do and keep some information. But there is a reason, or maybe they're just doing that because the community is on edge and this makes them feel better, or I don't know, but they haven't said. I mean, that move canceling something suggests there is a threat. However, Robe they have not come out and said there is another target or threat to the community. I don't get it. They know something we don't. But we're in five days? Am I doing the math?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Five days now? This woman's been on a running You got a thirty one year veteran cop dead, and we can't find the killer, even though we believe we know who she is. Fifty eight year old woman. What are the chances? I still think, what's his name? Travis the coach, Travis Turner ain't found him. It wasn't be in six plus months.
Speaker 3: At this point, right months, you know, and after he was well. It was right before he was about to be publicly accused. He had just been removed from his position. As a coach because there were allegations about child porn and potentially even sexual assaults against a student, and he went, Now, that's a heavily wooded area, I believe near the Appalachian Mountains or the Appalachian Trail. And to think that he's not been found, I guess that happens. People have ways of disappearing, whether it's through death or I would imagine if you have no I mean, I don't know how she's even surviving unless someone is housing her. How it didn't seem like if you look at that ring camp, she didn't have a purse with her. It didn't look like she had anything that you would need to actually be able to survive for days outside of your home. You need food, you need shelter, you need water. And if you don't have a credit card, you don't have a purse, you don't have money. I don't know if she has her phone with her, but it would seem like she would be with someone who was housing her, helping her. How could a fifty eight year old woman just vanish without a trace.
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess it's possible. We saw her walking and flip flop. It's possible she was heading somewhere, and she knew exactly where she was going as possible.
Speaker 2: She did get in a vehicle of some.
Speaker 1: Kind, and I don't know, I didn't see any well, I didn't see that quickly. But I don't know how much they were saying about what she possibly had on her that could help her survive. At some point, you need water, some point you gotta you gotta survive. I don't know this area ropes that well. How would necessarily or whatever think about Travis U. I keep messing up his name. I want to say Travis Barker every time. Sorry, mister Barker, but Travis Turner. He went out, he was wearing nothing. It was cold, right, and you could you could piece that together to why okay, and he had a weapon with him on that. We need to revisit that story at some point we do. What's the weather these days? I guess it's a little warmer in that area of Massachusetts. But bro, she can't You can't go far. You can't even walk through tough terrain based on the footing, no, but on the shoes she has.
Speaker 3: I'm looking at the picture of her, the last known picture of her from this ring cam, and I mean she truly has flip flops on and a T shirt and shorts, and that she is not carrying anything like I guess she could have. It doesn't It doesn't look like she has anything on her from a phone, but.
Speaker 4: I guess you can have keys in her pocket.
Speaker 3: To your point, she could have strategically put her car somewhere else. But they didn't say that a car was missing. They didn't say they were looking for a car. They didn't say they were looking for any of that. So this is truly truly bizarre.
Speaker 2: All I would stay here, folks.
Speaker 1: It's bizarre and it's pretty rare that there is a female killer on the loose.
Speaker 2: Stay here.
Speaker 1: We'll explain the latest FBI statistics that tell us just how many female killers there are out there. All right, we continue here on Amy and TJ on this Sunday, August twenty third, where a man hunt for a woman. Wait, is there another way they say it, whether you're looking for a woman.
Speaker 4: No, yeah, because it's a man hunt. You're right, I hadn't thought about that.
Speaker 3: A man hunt for a woman is very rare. You've got this fifty eight year old woman who was basically in a nonprofit business as we mentioned, and Help.
Speaker 4: First Help is this organization that she started. They actually had to.
Speaker 3: Put out a statement because look, this is a big operation that helps a lot of folks, and they felt like they needed to say something. Yes, she co founded it, but they wanted to separate themselves from it. But it just makes it so bizarre. Literally, she was there helping and helping police officers and law enforcement and first responders navigate mental health issues from responding to horrific scenes, and then to create her own scene.
Speaker 4: It's just bizarre.
Speaker 3: So Help put out the statement saying, as we navigate the days ahead, we remain dedicated to treating everyone affected by this tragedy with the utmost compassion and dignity. We remained faithful to our commitment to the families and first responders. First Help was created to serve. But just what a bizarre twist, and it is rare, extremely rare. We don't talk about man hunts for women killers. Potentially, I'm still I don't know why I'm caught up on this.
Speaker 2: Is there another name for it?
Speaker 1: You remember when they changed how we talk about the oddest anything space travel, where you don't say a five man crew or whatever.
Speaker 2: It's a what's the language now to include women?
Speaker 4: A crude Yes, that was Actually it wasn't. People. It's crude.
Speaker 1: It's a manned mission. You can't say that it's a crude mission. We don't write it's something about I don't know why I'm hung up on that man hunt for a woman? Is there another way I'm supposed to say that a woman hunt doesn't work?
Speaker 3: It's funny you mentioned that, because I never even thought about it. But then, but then you're right, it does sound funny that you have to say a man hunt for a woman. But I don't think there is another There haven't been enough cases, perhaps for us to try.
Speaker 4: And come up with a new phrase.
Speaker 3: And it's certainly not something we want to invite more women to do so that we can include them and feel so that women aren't offended.
Speaker 4: I think that's the thing.
Speaker 3: I don't think if you're a woman, a female fugitive on the run, you're going to be upset if someone says there's a man hunt, Like, are you going to really get upset about that? I really am offended by the term you used to look for me?
Speaker 2: I bet, I bet you.
Speaker 1: There are some people out there who are who are right now advocating to get this changed.
Speaker 2: A man hunt.
Speaker 3: The only thing you could say is a woman hunt. I mean, I really can't think of another way to say it.
Speaker 1: And then that really kind of belies the seriousness of whatever crime. If you have to say a woman hunt, he just that sounds crazy. But female killers, you and I spend a lot of time, me more so than you. But it's one of my favorite shows on television, Snapped. Snapped if you have I can't remember remember who was the original network?
Speaker 2: Was it bratwo? Who was the original Lifetime original?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Because of streaming so many places now you don't know originally where it came from. But Snapped has been all but thirty five plus something. And the whole thing, if you don't know, is just profiling female killers, women who have committed murder. And so you see ropes, thirty five seasons, all these episodes, Wow, women killers are all over the places in not the case.
Speaker 3: It does make you think that though it's quite funny. And if you watch and look, you introduced me to the show.
Speaker 4: I didn't.
Speaker 3: I had not seen it before, but we started seeing some commonalities among women, and it's so interesting and we love nurses. Nurses are amazing, so please, please, please don't be offended if you know, love or are a nurse, because thank God for you heroes. But it does seem like, at least in the cases we've seen depicted on television, oftentimes they're nurses. They have access to certain things and they I don't know, might just be able to look at the body a little differently.
Speaker 4: But nurses. And then people who have gambling debts.
Speaker 1: There's some shop like women who trying to hide like they shop too much kind of thing, women trying to cover that up. That goes in line with the you know, where were the other ones? Where there are themes like almost every single one, poverty is involved and almost all of them some kind of insurance claim oftentimes is involved them.
Speaker 2: But oh, it's as much.
Speaker 1: You watch this show and you think, wow, women are what just as prevalent of killers. The numbers are ninety percent of murderers are men.
Speaker 4: Ninety I didn't know it was that high. It's that but that makes sense, it's.
Speaker 2: That high, and the victims eighty percent are men.
Speaker 3: Really wait, yes, ninety percent are men killers?
Speaker 4: And eighty percent are male victims.
Speaker 1: But the stories we see and the things we see highlighted, every single one of those women on snap kill the guy.
Speaker 3: That's true, But I feel like every murder I see, I mean not true, I guess, But a lot of times when you think about relationships, obviously the women are the ones who end up being killed. And I guess I always go back to the number one cause of death for pregnant women and is homicide by the man who impregnated that.
Speaker 1: But overwhelmingly it's men gilling other men in some way, form or fashion. Wow, And it's remarkable to see. So yes, if we are sitting here, we're talking about a woman hunt robes. It's rare to even have a female killer, so it's certainly rare to have one on the run.
Speaker 3: I can't remember the last female killer on the loose that police were shutting down parks for and warning the community about, and especially when that woman had been for her entire life a community leader, a community helper who founded a group called First Help.
Speaker 4: So yeah, this.
Speaker 3: Is anything but normal, anything but typical. And I think there are still a lot of questions about what went on leading up to this that we are that we don't know about.
Speaker 4: Because this seems.
Speaker 3: This seems very there are some big holes in the story that need to be filled in.
Speaker 1: We will watch this one though, because I mean the concern that Robes is not just a story of fascination to killer. They're actually making moves to suggest there's some threat to the community.
Speaker 2: And this is a woman who has been helped.
Speaker 1: She is a flat out advocate for police and for first responders. That's who she's been in that community. She fought for legislation that Joe Biden eventually signed into law. Happy to do with first responder ropes. How we get to this, who knows what happened at that house, But first and foremost, they're just trying to find this lady and find her safely.
Speaker 2: Robes. This is one to keep an eye on. We will keep an eye on it this week. Just wanted to hop on and give you that update. I'm TJ. That's Robes. We'll talk to y'all soon.