Speaker 1: Wake that ass up in the morning. The Breakfast Club ej Envy.
Speaker 2: Just hilarious, Charlamage, the God we are to Breakfast Club. We got a special We had a special guest.
Speaker 1: In the building.
Speaker 2: Just one is just running a little late. The first special guest we have is Anthony Anderson.
Speaker 1: What's going on, baby? How you feel?
Speaker 2: I'm good?
Speaker 1: I'm good, All right.
Speaker 3: Marseille Martin was supposed to be here. Butuld you say you blame yourself for her?
Speaker 4: You know, it's my fault that she has become the star that she is. And I don't blame her, but she she Hollywood today. You know, we had to start this at nine fifteen and it is now what time is it? Nine thirty one?
Speaker 1: She's sixteen minutes late.
Speaker 3: When y'all are filming together, because y'all end the new movie together G twenty twenty. When y'all filming together, how do you get out of the rhythm in mind state of Black Kids? Because y'all did that for so long? Yeah, you know what, that was something that we never really.
Speaker 1: Discussed while we were on set.
Speaker 4: You know, Viola, you know, requested me to be her husband, and then they were looking for someone to play our child or children, and I told them to hire Marseille, and never once did Marseille and I discuss the rhythm that we have had because we have a great shorthand with one another for eight years and one hundred and seventy five episodes of Blackish.
Speaker 1: But you know, I made it.
Speaker 4: I wanted to make sure that no one confused that or saw us falling to that pattern just as actors and knowing someone the way that we do. And I hope we didn't, did you guys? You guys see the movie yet I see something? Okay, I don't think. I don't think we did, you know, And that's something that we never discussed with one another. But it's something that we talked about, you know, since we've been out doing press and people ask us that question.
Speaker 3: Let me ask a questions an actor, Right, do you like when interviewers watched the movie beforehand? Because I feel like sometimes I try to watch bits and pieces, but I don't try to watch the whole things.
Speaker 1: I feel like I get a whole movie.
Speaker 5: With you before it comes out.
Speaker 4: Because you're ruining. You probably couldn't keep them a fucking secret. You've been a nigga that stitching on everybody in the neighborhood. I know that THATGA watched the movie first.
Speaker 1: Because you want to talk to the person about what you saw. Yeah. Yeah, no, Actually, that way you have context and you know, we can talk about this.
Speaker 4: It's like, yo, and when it's so yeah, I like it when when when they do that way we can have an informed conversation about the work that we did and all that, and then you can talk about it's like, Yo, you was whacking this and you know, I was like, okay, cool, No, you don't want to be honest? Why I used to I used to do that. Yeah, that's the Charlamagne to God that I know.
Speaker 3: But I don't like doing that because I know I don't want to mess up with nobody money, because I know how hard it is to get these movies made right, and so at least I like the movie to live a few weeks.
Speaker 4: Yefore, I didn't say shipped on the movie. I just said, you know, maybe sen or two before I just just say ship on the movie.
Speaker 1: Shot Man.
Speaker 4: When you did this, man, I didn't believe that. That wouldn't believe it. But when you got, when you got your ass kicked, got you got you.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. I was gonna say I wanted to go back to Blackish, right, I know, we talked about it a bunch of times. But why don't you think they make more? I would guess sitcom was like that, Like, you know, growing up, I had, you know, Different World Cosby Show, but my kids had Blackish. Yeah, why don't you think they make more sitcoms like that? Because they do well, they do.
Speaker 1: I don't know, man.
Speaker 4: You know, when Kenya and I looked at the landscape of television, you know, at the time before we created Blackish, we looked at what was missing from television for us, and we miss shows like The Cosby Show. We missed a different world. We miss shows just even going further back, you know, good times the Jefferson's all in the family that have points of view and characters that were irreverent, uh uh, and and that you know, you knew where you stood with them in honesty and authenticity. You just can't make that up, you know what I'm saying. What we did with Blackish was our life. It was me and Kenya, we sat down and she's here, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 1: Morning. Oh my god. It was worth the way good morning. It was worth her way, be honest with you.
Speaker 4: He was just talking about He definitely was, you know, you know, and I told him I created this monster.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you what happened before you walked in back.
Speaker 4: In for a seconds back and four seconds back and four seconds I was here talking and just realized and just like she ain't here.
Speaker 1: She just threw your hold on.
Speaker 4: Wait when when we sure you can use that excuse? Yes, when you watched it, you're gonna see her just slam your mic down. As I was saying that you're not here, she smelled that ship down.
Speaker 1: Baby, don't believe.
Speaker 6: Not gonna put it back? Hold on, hold on, Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 1: You good, Okay, you want him to the right. Anthony was answering the question. He didn't want to answer anyway.
Speaker 4: He came.
Speaker 1: Down. Okay, where you are the black daddy? Not that just landscape of television. You know those things you.
Speaker 4: Know just can't be created out of thin air. And it's just about us telling our authentic stories and and and that's what it was.
Speaker 1: That that's how it was born. We would all love to see shows in that vein.
Speaker 4: We would all love to see shows like Blackish, and and and my wife and kids, and Bernie Mac and all those shows that I talked about. But you know, they they come once in a lifetime. I shouldn't say once in a lifetime, you know, once in the in the generation or whatnot when it's something as great as that. Because when we our show was like a breakthrough, and it allowed other shows to happen, you know, you know, fresh off the boat, you.
Speaker 1: Know, uh yeah, yeah, right, you know you know, uh Carmichael Show.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, not not not that it was us that created that, but it was us that created that avenue for other networks. It was like, oh, this is working over there for them. We need our own version of that. Uh and and that and and and that's how that's how it happens.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: But you have to have authentic stories and you know with people that uh people want to watch and see on television.
Speaker 3: Both of you and by all to play ex military in this film. When she called you, you say, Okay, I gotta get in some type of shape because I know Viola gonna be in shap.
Speaker 1: He wasn't in shape. Figure all you read the script. I got my ass kicked that but no, no, you know, I thought I was.
Speaker 4: I thought I was in decent shape to to portray whatever it is that they needed me to do in in this film.
Speaker 5: And it was.
Speaker 1: It was cool, It was great.
Speaker 4: But yeah, when you get a call from not just Viola, Davis, Viola is an egot, man. I mean, you know when when somebody likes that, like that requests you, you know, you have to show up and show out.
Speaker 1: And I believe that's what we all did.
Speaker 5: Marseille included, Yeah, how was it shooting in South Africa because y'all were in Cape Town?
Speaker 1: How was it?
Speaker 6: You know, it was beautiful. I loved it. Was my first time in Africa as.
Speaker 1: A whole, so you're welcome.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was all right, it was it was new.
Speaker 7: It was very new to me, and I enjoyed every every minute of it. And we got to experience it from any different points of view. Literally, h We got in and it was winter there in summer.
Speaker 1: Here right yeah, yeah, the other side of the hemisphere.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, so that was a lot.
Speaker 7: We got to experience, like the South African wind storms that they haven't which I had no idea was a thing.
Speaker 6: And then we went on strike. Then we came back and it was summer there in winter here.
Speaker 5: So now did that affect the continuity of what y'all were doing the film?
Speaker 6: I don't think it was that bad. You didn't even notice.
Speaker 1: It wasn't It lasted a few months, but it wasn't bad. It wasn't bad. Yeah, we didn't have to reshoot anything.
Speaker 4: You know, we were able to stop that at a great place in the film and come back and pick up what we left off. And it was up to us, you know, as actors and what not to be professional. Was like, all right, well, I can't go back to eating the doughnuts, you know. I gotta I gotta be straight. I gotta keep this right.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say, how is it dealing with Anthony? Because he's been in your life for so long? Right, and this is when you're a lot younger, you're twenty years old, now, how is it dealing with.
Speaker 6: I've been through this before before.
Speaker 3: I was from the heart.
Speaker 6: It's always, will forever be like my bonus dad. I love him so much. He's he's seen me from ever since basically I came out the.
Speaker 1: Wound to now, not that far back. I mean, your real daddy has something to do with that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well I was eight.
Speaker 7: Okay, yeah, true, it's been a minute, and I mean it was it was so much fun and honestly it was filming once again.
Speaker 6: It just was like picking up where we left off.
Speaker 4: But I want to say this about Marseille. Marseille came in an auditioned for Blackish at eight years old. Yeah, I witnessed her greatness. Everything that the world is seen right now, I witnessed this at eight. And I pulled her aside and I told her this and this is where she is. And I also told her that one day I'm going to be coming to her and begging for a job. So I just need you to remember this moment right here. So when I come to you, you got my back. And she was like, I got you.
Speaker 1: You had a childhood, Marseille.
Speaker 7: Yes, oh for sure. I mean it looks different from many people. I mean, I feel like everyone has a childhood. It just looks it just looks different.
Speaker 1: For me.
Speaker 7: It was just I've always even before the show, I grew up around so many adults in my life.
Speaker 6: I grew up with my grandma, my great grandma, and like everybody.
Speaker 7: House so and I was an only child for most of my life, so jumping into a show that was basically the same thing.
Speaker 6: I mean it was. It was nothing new.
Speaker 4: She had an old soul. My nickname, my nickname for Marseille is a little Coretta. I gave years old little. Yeah, she embodies all of that. Yeah, that's a little coredda right there.
Speaker 2: Sure you promised a call when she turned sixteen?
Speaker 1: Was that true? I mean, everybody want to talk about that. I did you followed through? I did you followed through? I didn't follow No, I promised you.
Speaker 6: I wondered for you.
Speaker 1: But first off, she ain't got the driver's license.
Speaker 6: Okay, I was.
Speaker 1: I'm a responsible parent, responsible parents.
Speaker 6: He didn't know that for a minute though, he just didn't.
Speaker 1: You don't think. I keep in contact with your mama and your daddy talked to him.
Speaker 6: But still they like, oh, Marll, you got a license, But.
Speaker 1: Do you have a license?
Speaker 6: I don't.
Speaker 1: She didn't just have a car. She has a vehicle.
Speaker 6: I have a car, but I haven't got to stop.
Speaker 4: Them.
Speaker 1: What you got?
Speaker 4: I have something the world don't need. She has a luxury vehicle, but no, not even a license. She didn't even got a drivers permit.
Speaker 6: Okay, let's have a drive.
Speaker 1: You know we call that, we call that niggash. Have you.
Speaker 6: You need me, Carolyn Johnson, listen, it's there.
Speaker 7: Whenever, whenever I decided to take that, I definitely said I wanted to get it before I turned twenty one.
Speaker 6: I can't be I can't be legal in these spaces.
Speaker 1: And you've been in these streets. And and she no longer wants the car that she asked me for, so I'm good. I'm off the hook. She she wanted a purple electric car. I'm not going to mention the name, but you wanted a purple electric car, purple, and I was going to get it for shopping.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 4: I literally I went to the I went to the electric car place and and and built it for her and all that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did. What do you have now? I have ury, fossil fuel, love it to get from point appointment. Many like sports stop stop stop. I know it's but they don't need sports luxury. He really isn't dead.
Speaker 4: Okay, go tell us about twenty Tell me about that g wagon you got since we talked about.
Speaker 1: Because I got give me that's.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 1: I love Mary.
Speaker 4: Tell him it's bulletproof, like like the president's beasts, like your mama's can tell him's bullet.
Speaker 1: Tires.
Speaker 6: Let's promote, Let's promote.
Speaker 4: Okay, I thought from promoting your your g wagon. No, let's talk about this movie G twenty that starts stream. I mean globally, yeah tomorrow, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, globally. We just don't make regional movies. We make global movies.
Speaker 3: Going to ask you about that, Anthony, because I feel like your international presidence has grown tremendously.
Speaker 1: Have you been intentional about that?
Speaker 4: Always been intentional about that, man, And you know what it started when I started making movies with Jet Lee twenty some years ago. You know, first one was Romeo Must Die, and that really was just on a global scale. And then to be able to work with some of the people that I've worked with in almost thirty years, man, you know, with Eddie Murphy, Martin Lawrence, Jim Carrey, the Fairly Brothers, Martin Scorsese, you know, just people like that. It just continues to grow and get bigger. Yeah, so it really been intentional. It was also intentional to move away from the comedy at one point to do more dramatic roles.
Speaker 1: So I wouldn't just be type cast. It's just a fat, funny dude. It was like, no, this is what I do.
Speaker 4: I've been training at this since I was nine years old. So let me really show you my range and what I can do. And so I was able to do that by doing shows like Law and Order and The Shield and movies like Hustle and Flow and The Departed.
Speaker 1: And things like that. All of those were strategic moves.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and speaking of range, how was it seeing Viola Davis in her action hack?
Speaker 1: It's not real.
Speaker 6: It's definitely not an act.
Speaker 1: Let me know, I said she's a hack. No, I didn't say it. They were like, she's an act.
Speaker 6: I didn't know what you said.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 6: It was amazing.
Speaker 1: You've seen Viola cry on screen and all that. We didn't even made a joke about her and her snop bubbles and tears on Blackish. It was it was great.
Speaker 3: You know, you don't talk about the old snop bubble enough. That was like Denzel's glory too.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, but working with Viola was a dream come true. And uh, I mean, look, she's an e good Yeah. Yeah, it's they're only about eighteen e gods in the world, and you know we got to work with one, uh in a very special way.
Speaker 1: How did they make you step you acting game up? Marcia?
Speaker 7: I mean, I mean obviously, when you you jump into something unprepared, you just you just kind of want to Honestly, in that said, it was the most comfortable set to be in, especially with something that was so challenging and so different. But what I loved about Viola is she is she She feels like a family member already.
Speaker 1: Tell the world how you made Viola work in the scenes that you was in with her, You tell them how you made her work? Tell her, Tell them how you made Violin David step her game up. I was late. This is why my late Marseillan, you would be sitting here if you didn't, because he got work and anyways seen the movie yet little corredit and was right. Get made Viola working and seeing.
Speaker 7: When you see when you see the film and you see the character arc that my character goes through within her relationship with her mother, it's it's a story that I wanted to tell for a very long time.
Speaker 6: And to be able to.
Speaker 1: Have that nail color again. This is the fourth nail color. I'm sorry, go and finish your story. Go on. I just I love them. Y.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So it was it was very special to be able to tell that story with Miss Viola.
Speaker 6: I mean it was, it was really special.
Speaker 1: Respect.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Okay, I'm saying that Miss Viola was here doing this interview, you wouldn't showed up seventeen minutes late.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. In New York, what I mean, I didn't go to see you last night.
Speaker 5: A lot of traffic going.
Speaker 1: On because I was outside outside. I was outside you outside, I'm outside.
Speaker 6: My opinion this morning was sixty.
Speaker 4: Five, Good morning America. My driver pulled up. I was walking into the hotel.
Speaker 6: You're also a man who just puts an outfit on. I got I gotta like make you know what it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is the last movie.
Speaker 1: That you right now.
Speaker 7: But no, I mean, honestly, we know what the mother and daughter dynamic looks like for many many people.
Speaker 6: I mean, I go through with my mom. My mom went through with her mom.
Speaker 7: So to be able to tell that grounded story within this action packed world, and I mean the super high stakes with your mother being the president, I mean it's it's it's very it's a very special thing.
Speaker 1: Have a question for you. I'm sorry. How old is your oldest child?
Speaker 5: Twelve?
Speaker 1: Twelve? Yes, your son? Right, yep?
Speaker 4: How is that dynamic with you? You know Marsell is talking about the dynamic between you know, daughter and mother. Yeah, you know you you had a dynamic with your mom and whatnot. How was that dynamic for you as a mother with your with your son?
Speaker 5: We are very close, were close. He is nothing that he won't tell me now. At first, it was a phase that he went through where he was very close, very guarded, you know, and it took a while, it took the pandemic for him to open up, like you know, that's when I actually said and got to really know who he was and who he was growing int.
Speaker 1: Be you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: So yeah, we were closed, were okay close?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Very sweet?
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I definitely learned within this time of like be jumping into my twenties and being able to understand my parents more and having more of those like deeper intellectual comes is about just life as a whole, friendship, relationships and all that. It's like you learned that your parents are it's their first time living too. Yeah, Yeah, they're just people and they are that's the first time of them having a twenty year old daughter and going through these things, and and they had a life before you got here and somebody before they were your parents, and they had a revelation.
Speaker 1: Like that in the movie. So the kind of when you realize that it was like a real how would you know? You didn't see the movie watch I feel like I spoil it, so it's.
Speaker 2: For you mentally, Like you don't want to like have the ask somebody questions if you've seen it, because you give it away for everybody.
Speaker 6: I always wanted to get.
Speaker 1: Away.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, but you did have that revelation in the film, yes.
Speaker 7: Exactly, which is why I was more excited to tell the story because I was It felt like I was going through that in real time.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I wouldn't know as a.
Speaker 1: Just a regular person, how do you deal.
Speaker 2: With just life with even with dating, because it's almost like you have two parents, Like does he have to meet the guys to or it's.
Speaker 5: Almost like you got too dads. I met him, Yeah, yeah, someone he.
Speaker 1: Drives one of them cars right there, though I didn't say who he was.
Speaker 6: Okay, why you give a clue.
Speaker 1: Do you have a god dad?
Speaker 7: I do, and he's and he's a firefighter like he's also I'm not multiple, listen, I grew up with like multiple figures in my life.
Speaker 1: To stop, just stop.
Speaker 2: You ever have to know, it's just just just you just take it.
Speaker 1: You got it.
Speaker 6: I'm like, you can't, you can't stop. We can't stop the madness.
Speaker 1: I just turn it on when we're together doing stuff like this. We have a great relationships of your careers? Can you Anthony me? Wow? I should tell you?
Speaker 2: There you go?
Speaker 1: I said, who hates more credit?
Speaker 6: Who you give credit? I was more credit for my career. I mean myself.
Speaker 1: I got what he was saying. Yes, Yes, I get what he was saying.
Speaker 6: Myself. He's he's he saw it from a very early age and saw the impact.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you would have heard that had you got your on time. That was at the beginning.
Speaker 3: I was, I was.
Speaker 4: I can't just waxing poetically about talking about how I saw your greatness, said eight. When you walked in there was just a light around you.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what does the Blackish reunion look like?
Speaker 4: I don't think it's ever going to happen, Say, don't show up the things. We would love to have it, we would love and I hope we have a Blackish reunion soon.
Speaker 3: Been since the show DW three years ago, going on three years.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was seventeen going on eighteen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, close as everybody the cast got. Everybody still keep in touch.
Speaker 7: Yes, my my twin Miles. He's truly my best friend.
Speaker 1: Playboy CARDI now, yes, yes, he's in.
Speaker 6: His Playboy CARDI era love him.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, outside white.
Speaker 4: Play okay when I'm calling my man playboy, yeah, yeah, but no, I don't want to put that on him.
Speaker 7: We have a friend group, like all together, and we're working on some things as a whole.
Speaker 1: And did you call him back last night? Did your face time after we were I.
Speaker 6: Went to sleep, you know, so I'll be on my phone, but we talk all the time.
Speaker 1: How much it dis role.
Speaker 3: Scratch you, Anthony, because you know, you said it's a drama, and like you are known for the comedy, and you're also playing.
Speaker 1: Like the the natural role. Yeah, like man is not an actor.
Speaker 4: The woman is like the head of the household in this one, and I'm not He's asking questions.
Speaker 1: I get it. He didn't he didn't see nothing.
Speaker 4: So you know, again it goes back to, you know, the dynamic between Marseille and I, you know, not falling into that shorthand that we have. And you know, I've been a part of some great films with action in them. I've never been a part of an action film and so I just had to be prepared for that to make sure that it was believable. And it's not all that's just and up there going through the motions and doing that. So you know, I showed up, you know, as I could. And to answer your question about you know, it's it's role reversal.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: Normally, you know, the man is the president of the United States, you know, and and and and and the first lady is being the nurture.
Speaker 1: So these roles were reversed, you know, and you rarely get to see that, you know.
Speaker 4: And and I was playing the nurturing role in this character or with this character from my children and allowing the power, not that women don't have power, use that power and have that power in films, but allowing Viola's character to have that power and wield it and not be emasculated by it. And just understand that I'm standing next to this right here. We are in this together. But she has her role and I have mine. So I just wanted to make sure I showed up for that and and not fall flat. And so people's like, Okay, that was believable.
Speaker 1: That that was real. Could you be in a relationship like that in real life? I could.
Speaker 4: I'm secure in my masculinity, in my manhood and who I am and what I bring to the table. So yeah, I could definitely be secure in a relationship.
Speaker 1: You have to have the money and.
Speaker 4: Power, it doesn't matter. Wait, we're a team, you know, we're a unit. Were working on this together.
Speaker 1: It's not you do no.
Speaker 4: Just like in any marriage, in any relationship that we have that it's a give and take. It's an ebb and flow. It's like, Okay, I'm here doing this, you're doing this, you know.
Speaker 1: So yeah, how did that work for you?
Speaker 3: Month say, because you're the boss, Yeah, you've got your own production company, you are bosing whatever.
Speaker 1: Yes, you know, how would you want the man to show up?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I think.
Speaker 7: Honestly, I think it's uh communication and listening and understanding and a willing to understand. I feel like at times I've had a multiple conversations with a bunch of different people, and I think the main thing is them ready to respond without actually listening and understanding what the whole situation.
Speaker 1: You hear a race car driver guy, and.
Speaker 6: He's really he's really great at that, honestly, like great.
Speaker 1: Being racecar driver, great at being what you need, vulnerable understanding. No, he is, you know, I get that from from the two or three conversations that I have with it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's great, And I mean I think what's what's important is is that because if he was not, I.
Speaker 1: Was gonna run him off embarrassing, just being real, Hey man, you're not good enough. But he is.
Speaker 6: He's the best.
Speaker 1: And look at she smiles and like what she talks about.
Speaker 4: He was face turning him in the car yesterday and I was, oh my god. I had to snatch the phone and talked to him. I was like, what's up, play boy?
Speaker 1: How you doing?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 5: So he is your your your calm, like you know, it's a lot of hype.
Speaker 6: He's my patience.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 5: I was gonna say star, yes, yes, ability and patient.
Speaker 1: It was a great thing to say about me.
Speaker 6: Thank you, sure, patience, instability.
Speaker 1: I love you.
Speaker 6: I love you.
Speaker 1: Too, and that's dope, that's my girl right there.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I mean, I think that's the most important thing that a lot of men kind of lack, is vulnerability, being able to have that emotion too and have this kind of like stance as what a man should look like.
Speaker 6: So my therapy is important, Like I got home is so important.
Speaker 3: I got homegrowns to say they refuse the data. Guy who's not in therapy, I hasn't gone.
Speaker 7: To some type of okay, yeah, or even having the communication, but honestly too, I don't know. I've also seen guys that have therapy that take it the wrong way and it's like she told me to do this and I'm doing it like it's it's It can look like so many different things, but I think just being as open as possible to have that communication is like the top priority for me. So as long as you're listening and hearing me and know what's going on in my life and reassurance is everything.
Speaker 6: So that is important.
Speaker 5: I know you got your production company and everything you've done a lot, that's not my question. It sounds like when you first told me that you had a production company, I was like, you know what, I'm going to be auditioning for you. It was like, I'll see you there, and.
Speaker 6: I mean, shoot the thing that they.
Speaker 4: No, it wasn't.
Speaker 5: I didn't even ask nothing yet, Damn. I wanted to know, what else did you want to do? You know, you at a very young age, you've done so much. Yeah, you've still got a lot more life to live and a lot more career to go. What else do you want to do?
Speaker 7: I think seeing how far my creativity can get and how broad it can be. I feel like what I love about creating TV and film is like you're basically building these new worlds to where it can be in touch to reality as much as possible or not. And I think what that's what I love about just what we do is it feels so real, but it can truly be whatever you want, whatever comes to mind. So I would love to kind of just continue to build worlds that people can live in, understand and it be timeless and can last forever.
Speaker 6: As president.
Speaker 1: Create this world.
Speaker 7: But yeah, I mean I'm working on my festival right now, which is very world building for me, which is very exciting. It'll be it's called say Summer Cookout, and it's a it's a destination type of festival. So the first year was in Atlanta, second years it was in DC. This year it'll be in Houston in August thirty first.
Speaker 1: So what do we do.
Speaker 7: It's a black owned businesses vendors from it's like Texas based vendors. This year we have performers of course that is from and catered to that community. And it's HBCU centered. So I think that is something that I've always wanted to do. It's a it's an avenue that I feel like is so untouched and mostly overlooked, and I'm very excited to and also be in touch with with, I mean adults, new adults my age, you know, going through the same things. I mean, even though I'm doing this and you see a camera on my face, there is no difference between that person. So and it's no phones. It's no phones. The first year we did no plus ones. It was literally come as you are and to be able to have these celebrities and these these students want to become them one day or do something in that light and they have real conversations at the cookout.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's it's something that I've truly wanted to do.
Speaker 7: And then I'm on top of that. We have podcasts of course, still movies coming up. I have a movie coming out with Corney b Vance soon, which is very exciting.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're not We're not. We're not. We're not here to talk about she said, right.
Speaker 6: Any which is amazing. And that's the next day coming out. Just more world, old building things, things that challenge me.
Speaker 1: And I'm going to challenge you from Okay, okay, it's.
Speaker 6: Almost actually tell me what do you want to do in the industry?
Speaker 5: Horror movies and comedy?
Speaker 6: Horror movies, comedy.
Speaker 5: I got a little drama to me too, you know, I just cry on cue all that. Just get a live a couple of weeks ago. So yeah, thats acting.
Speaker 7: Nothing.
Speaker 1: What is that I'm listening to you?
Speaker 6: Are you talking to me?
Speaker 5: Okay, yadya?
Speaker 6: I got you now that I know.
Speaker 4: Sit here is the reason that I haven't been invited to your little festival for the less of your little festival.
Speaker 6: I love that festival definitely. It's exciting because we.
Speaker 7: Are expecting like six to eight thousand, which is exciting generation how to.
Speaker 3: Actually have conversation and the network with people and look people in the eyes and talk in a real way, building a real community, not that digital social media.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but you were invited. You've known since the beginning.
Speaker 4: Okay, said no, knowing since the beginning, and then say, hey, I need you to come talk to my peer group or two different things. They have stars there and just talk to people that want to be like them. One day, I mean, what's up, I'll be coming all the thirty first, I'll be in Houston.
Speaker 6: That's another promise. Let's see.
Speaker 1: She ain't got nothing else going on.
Speaker 4: She had already shot herd cover shoot yesterday.
Speaker 1: No, got nothing.
Speaker 5: No, I definitely did not know what he's manifested.
Speaker 1: I thought you just had all that under control.
Speaker 6: I mean, sure, let's let's do it one day. I did a lot of press yesterday.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want to end with this, asked Anthony this question earlier. But when you all film together, how do you get out of the rhythm of blackish? Because you all know each other so well personally and professionally.
Speaker 1: It seems like it never leaves.
Speaker 7: They definitely have to when you, you know, doing something like twenty I think I think it touched back what I was saying about creating a whole new world. I think you're building a character for me. I'm building like, Okay, where did she come from?
Speaker 6: What is she?
Speaker 7: What were the experiences that she went through to get to this point now where she feels like she needs to be rebellious or is this a new thing for her?
Speaker 6: How new is it?
Speaker 7: So I think these are all of these, all these questions that I put in my brain before jumping into a role, especially someone like Serena who's very multifaceted.
Speaker 1: And kind of just not really they don't know who, they don't know who Williams. When I watched it, I saw.
Speaker 7: That I was just wondering for me, It's like, what makes her different than any of the other characters that I played.
Speaker 6: So that's that's my take on it.
Speaker 1: And she's do she was.
Speaker 2: Said the typical she was, well, G twenty is streaming now on Amazon.
Speaker 4: That's just streaming now, streaming globally, telling me globally, we don't make regional films.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, Marseille, Martin and Anthony, and I thought you forgot about me. She told me to say her name first, No she should.
Speaker 4: You just did text me by showing up the way that you did. They know who the real diva is. I pie down to you.
Speaker 1: You've earned it, Martilles. You have heard it first on the She was the reason. She was the reason we got the first three seasons of Black. I'm just gonna give it.
Speaker 5: It's going to be some somehow, some way. He play your son.
Speaker 1: So she can me science and then you gotta put me. Let me make it a horror flea. It has to be a horror flake.
Speaker 6: That was all her.
Speaker 2: It's the breakfast Club, good morning wake that ass up her in the morning.
Speaker 1: The Breakfast Club