Speaker 1: This is Frosted Tips with Lance Bass, an iHeartRadio podcast. Hello, my little Peanuts, it's me your host, Lance Bass.
Speaker 2: This is Frosted Tips with Me.
Speaker 1: Lance Bass and my wonderful co pilot today, mister Alexander James A. J.
Speaker 3: McLean.
Speaker 2: Hello, Oh my gosh. Of course we got Drew Boo in the back.
Speaker 1: Hello everybody, and then we go ella ella, ella ech. It works, it does work, it does work. We have an eight hour drive to Vegas. Now it only takes usually about four and a half hours. But you know us, we're trying to be real safe. We're here at nine and three and we're gonna be stopping on the way to Calico, ghost Town, Alien Jerky.
Speaker 2: We're gonna do about.
Speaker 1: Cracker barrel stop. We are bringing you this show thanks to Hyundai.
Speaker 2: So we're in the Ionic five. Yes, what's great about this car is it's all electric. Wig Wig wiggie.
Speaker 3: This is my oldest daughter, Elliott. This is her dream car.
Speaker 4: She every time we drive past an Ionic five, she asks me, Daddy, can I have an Ionic five? I got four years until I have to worry about that, But you have a much much longer time.
Speaker 2: I know what By the time my kids are that age.
Speaker 1: I hope that the cars are just really just driving themselves.
Speaker 2: But for reals, why did these people keep getting in front of me?
Speaker 5: Well, lence, you know, when people found out that you're you guys are doing this road trip, they started to write some questions to you guys. There are specific about traveling and touring and that sort of thing. They apparently think you guys are experts. I happen to somewhat disagree. I having been in this car now with you, but you.
Speaker 4: Haven't seen me drive yet. You you might want to reserve that yet.
Speaker 6: But but would you like to take some questions from the fans that I have here?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: No, absolutely not.
Speaker 2: No major pass, wasn't it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, no, I just.
Speaker 4: Want to drive and complete silence. Today's episode is going to be all about silence.
Speaker 5: Kids.
Speaker 3: How long can we not say words?
Speaker 2: You would last two secs.
Speaker 3: I would last literally not even a milissa.
Speaker 2: Yes, go ahead, let's answer something.
Speaker 6: I have a very controversial one to start.
Speaker 5: TRL dream asks if the this this has to do with if you're traveling on an airplane?
Speaker 2: I thought you were saying TRL dream.
Speaker 5: App Yeah, like, oh, I don't know the person's at name. Their handle is trl.
Speaker 6: Dream okay, and they're asking.
Speaker 5: On a plane, if the person behind you asks you not to lean your seatback, do you recline or do you ignore?
Speaker 2: Well, it depends on how much of a recline there is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there is certain like levels of recline, and there's also certain seats that don't recline at all.
Speaker 1: But I would say, if you know the normal, like if it goes back one inch, I will, I won't recline.
Speaker 2: I'm good.
Speaker 1: I will be very good to the person behind me because I know what it's like to have a seat.
Speaker 2: In my knees, so I will. I will politely say, sir.
Speaker 3: I would say it depends on the length of the flight. If it's a law, if like, if.
Speaker 4: It's a two to three hour flight, i'm good.
Speaker 3: If it's longer than that, I'm reclining.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's no question.
Speaker 5: Why would you have the seats of the ability for them to recline if you weren't supposed to recline the seat?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but those but it's just really most the seats that do do the little recline, you don't even know that you're back at all.
Speaker 4: And it's and it's and it truly shouldn't be affecting the person behind you because your trade table still comes out even and it's not in your I mean you would have to be like six foot seven to notice a difference.
Speaker 2: All the planes have gotten so bad. Traveling is just a chore. It used to be so fun and what No, it is hell. I want hell.
Speaker 4: I just once, Like for me years ago, I used to want to go buddy jumping. I don't anymore now being a parent, I just don't want to risk it.
Speaker 2: That's where I want to go.
Speaker 3: Eddie World, Eadie World, I think, eaty Eddie.
Speaker 1: That's that's the places we should be going instead of Alien j That's the largest gat and it is shake everything you can think of.
Speaker 4: Okay, sorry, no, so budgy, yeah buddy w No, but I I kind of want to just go on a short flight on Spirit Airlines, just.
Speaker 3: Once, just once. I just want to experience. I want to do it for the experience.
Speaker 2: No, it makes you pay for everything, even napkins ridiculous.
Speaker 1: You know what I kind of missed back in the day, value jet, Remember that one value jet. It would always it was only this the only straight flight that went from Jackson, Mississippi to Orlando.
Speaker 2: So it was the only thing that I was.
Speaker 4: That's why we don't remember it because we didn't live in Mississippi.
Speaker 2: It was well, no, it was.
Speaker 1: It was based out of Florida, and it was so great because all the all the flight attendants were so fun. You know, it's just just a fun way they would serve. Sometimes you would get a good flight attendant and as you're taking off, they're like, well, we don't have much time to serve your peanuts and your beverages, so we're gonna start right now. And they're like, here comes the diet coke and they'll put it in the aisle and as we go up, there's like sliding down the aisle and then here comes the peanuts.
Speaker 2: It's spilling everywhere.
Speaker 1: That was the type of airline, okay, until one crashed in the Everglades and then it went bankrupt.
Speaker 6: All right, questions another here's another question from fans.
Speaker 5: All right, Miss Eileen asks, how do you pack light?
Speaker 6: Like, what's a good strategy for packing light?
Speaker 4: I don't pack light at all, no worse ones, but I can tell you I've done it.
Speaker 3: I've done it a couple of times.
Speaker 4: You bring two pairs of shoes, neutral colors. They can go with multiple outfits casual endor dressy. One pair of jeans because you know, jeans with no tears can be both casual as well as you know, you keep get away with it like a nice restaurant. You know, one button down shirt, one T shirt and uh, technically, you know, if it's an overnight trip, you get away with just one pair of underwear, one pair of socks. You could, technically, wait a minute, do all of that within one bag, small carry.
Speaker 3: On you could.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, you could.
Speaker 3: I don't, but you could.
Speaker 1: The only way to pack, like for me, is you get a backpack. That's where you put all your toll trees and definitely a pair of underwear and socks, because you never know if you're gonna get stuck on the plane for like a day or two.
Speaker 2: But what you do is you ship your stuff ahead of time.
Speaker 1: Come on, dude, you put a little box together, mail and your mail your stuff to that hotel and.
Speaker 2: There you go boom, and then when you leave, you mail them back.
Speaker 6: That is not packing light.
Speaker 2: That is packing the lightest. Thank you very much.
Speaker 5: You're not welcome, all right, Next question, so o j oj Quentos or Quintos asks on tour. When you're on tour, are you around people all the time as an introvert? I cannot imagine this. Yeah, so you do you get any alone time when you're on tour?
Speaker 1: No, the only alone time that you get on tour is when you get to your hotel room. True, And I think I'm a what am I an an introvert?
Speaker 2: Extrovert? I'm one of those.
Speaker 4: Intro Well introvert means you don't really do anything or go anywhere.
Speaker 3: Extrovert you're like always.
Speaker 1: Yeah, It's like I'd like to be an introvert, but I have to be an extrovert, right, It's whatever that is.
Speaker 2: That's what I am.
Speaker 4: I'm you know, I it's weird. Over the years, I've gotten a little bit more kept to myself. Yeah, but I am. I'm a bit of a shopaholic. So like when I check in somewhere, I usually find the closest nice mall. I go to the mall, walk around. But yeah, I don't Oh, I do enjoy just being in my room by myself. But I mean, you know, Lance, being a new parent, I know can back me up on this when you're on the road and you're away from your family. This is the kind of time that you get to yourself to kind of just have real quiet time. There's no kids running around, there's no kids jumping on, you know, on the bed asking, you know, daddy.
Speaker 3: Can I get this this? This?
Speaker 4: I miss my kids constantly, But it is nice to just kind of be in your room, kick your feet up. I can sit in my tidy whities and I'm not freaking out my girls, and and I can watch you know whatever, family guy or something.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, being still is so nice.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 1: And yeah, with kids, you forget about what that feels like a little bit. Yeah, And once I put them down, I try to put them down at eight pm.
Speaker 2: But literally I don't think i've hit bedtime. Like nine thirty.
Speaker 3: That's when I go to bed is eight eight to try to.
Speaker 1: I try to, but yet usually nine thirty, especially now that they're into the Halloween stuff, trying to like watch all the Halloween movies.
Speaker 2: Nine thirty what time they usually get.
Speaker 4: They don't have homework, so you're good, they don't have to get up the next time looking for it to turn in homework.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, till you get to the new math. Core core math. It's gonna drive you insane.
Speaker 2: I think they're gonna go back to the old math by the time my kids are.
Speaker 3: I mean I I come from the generation of counting on your fingers and toe. I still count homes finger core math is now. They say, once you get it, you're good for all kinds of math, all the way up through like to coast.
Speaker 2: There's a reason for it.
Speaker 3: I don't get it, and like that the way.
Speaker 2: They teach you how to tie a shoe.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, but you guys gotta start complaining again against the like jars being too hard to open.
Speaker 1: Now, Oh, my carporal tunnel will not let me open homes I still use.
Speaker 3: I still use a butter knife to open up things.
Speaker 5: Get Mercedes, Mercedes Underscore Hocus Pocusman ninety three.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of information.
Speaker 6: A big handle right there.
Speaker 5: Mercedes Hocus Pocusvan ninety three asks what are your must have road trip snacks? Sunflower seeds? Are you a jerky? Are you a candy bar?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 4: The original original spree size sweet tarts, original sweethearts.
Speaker 2: I haven't heard of a spree in years.
Speaker 4: No, but I like sweet Charts, but the original sweet Charts, not the little chewy ones.
Speaker 3: Those are not Sweethearts.
Speaker 2: So I like the chewy.
Speaker 3: Ones little balls.
Speaker 2: No, I like the spree, the chewy spree.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, the like like the old school Sweethearts, and then must have for Meese's peanut butter cups and uh bugles.
Speaker 3: I love bugles.
Speaker 4: I just introduced my kids to bugles and they're like, this is the coolest thing ever.
Speaker 2: Googles are good. What about you?
Speaker 3: Lance?
Speaker 2: Okay, so.
Speaker 1: Can okay, It's changed obviously because I'm diabetic, so like I can't have the things I really want. But if I weren't diabetic. Here are my go to Reese's peanut butter cups. They have to be the holiday versions. They have to be either an Easter egg or peanut butter. The pumpkin again, they got a pump they got pumpkin. I'm a peanut butter guy. So there's these things called log cabin candies. I know, the log cabin my favorite, favorite, favorite favorite.
Speaker 2: Let's see, I'm.
Speaker 3: Going to keep up with the girls.
Speaker 4: You are literally is like dude, She's stuck between two subs and you're like tennis s UB's back and now now we're now we're between two subs.
Speaker 2: It's like Christmas vacation.
Speaker 5: It is literally, yeah, literally, all right, I've got another one for you.
Speaker 2: Wait, I'm not finishing.
Speaker 3: He's done.
Speaker 6: You've got more snacks, the log cabin and.
Speaker 2: The watch McCalls.
Speaker 3: Do you like fast breaks?
Speaker 2: Yes, break? I know what's fast breaking? Right now?
Speaker 4: This is like a real This is like some straight up like fashion and furious, but it's the slow in the pathetic.
Speaker 1: I mean, okay, So I'll stop those snacks because those are you know, okay, and.
Speaker 2: I love a fuion.
Speaker 3: Goods are good.
Speaker 6: Onions are good.
Speaker 2: They shouldn't be good, right, they don't flat.
Speaker 3: I know, I'm not kissing anyone for the rest of the day.
Speaker 1: Snacks, Yeah, maybe the funions and coffee like the worst comedy bunions, coffee and a cigarette.
Speaker 3: Boom, there you go.
Speaker 2: You just proved me wrong, all right in your mouth.
Speaker 5: Last question for the fans, and then we'll move on to I want to get your guys opinion on some of.
Speaker 3: These travel hatches.
Speaker 5: What okay, tell me this, like, if you could only name one, what is the best road trip song? Oh gosh, like just something that you throw it on and you're like, all right, we're.
Speaker 3: Heading out on the rest of the road trips.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean any kind of Leonard Skinner right, little Sweet Home Alabama.
Speaker 4: That's good also, and I would Alanis Morris that's good.
Speaker 2: I think Jagged Little Pill. You can't go wrong with that whole album.
Speaker 3: Yep, I like it's bad.
Speaker 4: Actually, Like lately, like I've gone on a couple of road trips, Gaga has been a big one for me.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, and uh, what's your favorite Gaga song?
Speaker 3: I mean, Alejandro, why not heard about me?
Speaker 6: What about Edge of Glory?
Speaker 3: I mean that's a great one too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I also did my Gaga impression in Drag, so that was great. So there are.
Speaker 5: I pulled a list of some of the top travel hacks uh for this trip prior to this trip, and I looked at some of these and I was like, what, this doesn't make any sense or I don't think this is a real travel hack. For instance, like use dryer sheets in your luggage to keep your clothes smelling fresh.
Speaker 6: Like I just feel like.
Speaker 3: That does work.
Speaker 2: That's smart?
Speaker 3: That does work?
Speaker 2: Do that?
Speaker 6: And why do you care for clothes?
Speaker 2: I will?
Speaker 3: I have it, But I know people that have and it does actually work.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 5: Well, since both you and AJ have toured the world spend countless hours on the road, my guess is by now your travel experts.
Speaker 6: So I'm gonna name a handful.
Speaker 5: Of popular travel hacks and you can tell me if it's actually useful or completely useless, or if a different version of.
Speaker 6: That is gonna be better.
Speaker 2: All right, Okay, here's one.
Speaker 5: Roll your clothes instead of folding your clothes in your suitcase to save space.
Speaker 3: Yes, one hundred it works again.
Speaker 4: Two people that overpack for a two day trip, you bring more than you need. So and I'm a big T shirt and like sweatsky, but.
Speaker 6: Do you roll your clothes?
Speaker 3: I do roll my clothes.
Speaker 4: The only thing you can't roll, really is like hoodies or hats.
Speaker 3: Hats, Well, hats.
Speaker 4: Travel in their own bag, because my hats cannot yet creased or crinkled. Those are always in my carry on because they fit perfectly in there and they don't get squished. But yeah, you gotta roll. And you put your socks in your shoes, yes, so they don't crinkle.
Speaker 3: Yep, socks in the shoes.
Speaker 4: Now you even have more space because you don't realize how much your underwearing socks fills up the rest of your shoes.
Speaker 1: You can put your underwear and socks in those shoes. You roll your clothes, so it's rolling. Rolling your clothes definitely save space. But I do not because I'm a quick packer. Like I I throw things in, I do fold it.
Speaker 2: You're a late pack.
Speaker 1: But I'm a late packer. I'm a procrastinators.
Speaker 3: Packer hashtag team.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: But what's fun is because Michael is a stickler for rolling, So he'll go behind me and roll all my clothes so I know that it's gonna be done anyway, because it really like it really upsets him to see that I don't do that. And I because I'll steam clothes right when I get there. El steam, so I don't care if it's wrinkled, just throw it in.
Speaker 2: I'm good. But it bugs the hell out of them, so I know it's gonna be done anyway.
Speaker 1: So I yeah, I purposely pack horridly just so he goes by.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry. I'm sorry, Mike, I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: Now now I want to ask you this. Now here's another travel hack that I've tried doing. This it's I hate it. Bring a travel pillow for comfort during naps on the plane or in the car. Are you walking around the airport with a travel pillow?
Speaker 3: I've never used one.
Speaker 2: No, I've never used one. I couldn't. I can't sleep on planes unless it lays flat.
Speaker 3: Sorry, yep, and I look honestly, I've gotten jaded.
Speaker 2: I mean, we have worked hard to get here.
Speaker 3: We did.
Speaker 4: Yes, we have paid our dues to afford a lay flat. Yes, but I will say some lay flats, if you're next to someone, it's a little like. I'm a window flier. I don't like dial But if you're in a lay flat where you're sharing, or basically you get there's Queen's you're like, yeah, so you're like right next to that person.
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 4: It's unsettling because if I have to go pee, it's like, what's proper etiquette?
Speaker 3: Crotch your butt or do I you know, climb over this.
Speaker 2: Person the button? The face is more appropriate, It's.
Speaker 4: Definitely more appropriate, unless you know, unless the place you think.
Speaker 6: You think you should be faced away from them when you're climbing up.
Speaker 2: We're not gonna put the crutch.
Speaker 3: No, you don't want to put the crotch in the face. It's proper, proper plane etiquette.
Speaker 6: I may have been doing it incorrectly.
Speaker 4: I guess it just depends on the the amount of space you have to squeeze through.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I will hold it.
Speaker 1: Look, I was a window person, especially back in the day when we're started and you know the record label only fly flass coach. The only way that we could take a little cat nap was on the plane, and so I had the window just so.
Speaker 2: That I could rest my head against it.
Speaker 1: Now, in my older age, I can't hold a bladder so much, so I have to be in an eye because I don't want to interrupt someone.
Speaker 2: I'm so embarrassed to ask someone can I get there? Can you?
Speaker 3: Can you pause your movie that you're really into so that I can will take.
Speaker 2: It as long as I can.
Speaker 4: But but those neck pillows, if you really look at somebody with a neck pillow, this is as far back as their head's going, like, it's not actually like you're not so it's actually doing you a disservice.
Speaker 6: I think so too.
Speaker 4: Now, if I if I have one, for whatever reason, I don't I don't lock it around my neck like a collar.
Speaker 3: I put it here and then I lay like that.
Speaker 2: No, the best pillow is a hoodie.
Speaker 3: Actually it is.
Speaker 2: It'll mold to your head, hood or.
Speaker 3: Backpack back in the day, depending on what you have in it.
Speaker 1: You have to have a hoodie. I don't care what the weather is. Always travel with a hoodie.
Speaker 3: Because planes planes tend to be chill eating. Most of the time.
Speaker 2: It's either hot as hell or cold as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, all right, I've got another one here, This one I for. This is more for road trips. Well, this is for road trips. Always bring an extra pair of shoes for impromptu hikes.
Speaker 6: Are you the type that pulls off to.
Speaker 5: The side of the road when you see a scenic something or other and go for a hike.
Speaker 1: I think I've been on one road trip where it's just a leisure you know, let's travel from San fran to LA and stop when we want to.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Other than that, I need to get to the place.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not doing a hike, although I do go hiking. I'm over a mountain bike guy. But I if I do see something cool that I want to get out and look at. Because I'm a sneaker head, I've got to be in the right shoes to want to go there. But when I'm traveling, I don't wear like the like the like nicer sneakers that I would normally wear out and about. I'll wear like my workout shoes or something that I don't care if it gets dirty, and I might go not on a hike, but I'll go, you know, take a picture at like a landmark or something.
Speaker 3: But we do live in California, where it gets hot as balls.
Speaker 4: I don't need to stop free pointless hike when I'm in an air conditioned.
Speaker 6: Travel hack.
Speaker 5: Are you the type of person to download podcasts or audio books ahead of time to keep things entertaining?
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, that is the one that's tell what are.
Speaker 6: You listening to? Can you remember any of the things that you're listening to?
Speaker 1: Well, the latest podcast, Well there's a I like listening to podcasts.
Speaker 3: I really do like this one here tips he listens to himself.
Speaker 1: But I do I love the scripted podcasts, right, I mean because the way that they have done these now, where all the audio cues and it feels like you're there, like we did the Bedtime Stories at Ingleside In with Jason Alexander and Brian.
Speaker 5: Jordan Alvarez is whose new show on FX is so good by.
Speaker 1: The way English Teacher, It's so good. He's in Ingleside in if you haven't checked that one out, and go check that one out.
Speaker 2: Also the new one with Glenn Powell.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's my butt.
Speaker 2: So Glenn Powell's new show really good. Really yeah, I might. You know it's because I play his best friend the show. But that's okay.
Speaker 3: It's not about me.
Speaker 2: It's about Powell and it's really good. He's a it's really fun. It just came out. It's what's I don't look up? What's that? You get the cast on your Instagram?
Speaker 6: It's The Best Man's ghost Writer, Nicholas Brown.
Speaker 3: Ashley Park.
Speaker 2: Who else is in it?
Speaker 3: Darcy Cardon, Zach.
Speaker 4: Braffe, it's a it's a ton of people.
Speaker 1: It's called The best Man's ghost Writer, which is Lynn Powell is a ghost writer for best man speeches at weddings.
Speaker 2: That's clever. Yeah, it's really fun.
Speaker 3: And this is a podcast.
Speaker 2: It's a scripted podcast. Just came out last week. Nice, it's really good. What about you?
Speaker 3: A j no you they don't download and audio stuff.
Speaker 4: I as guy.
Speaker 3: Actually, I either drive in complete silence.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, that's like Oprah, that's what she does because my whole world is audio and music and audio and like, so I to have nothing but this but the weird thoughts in my head is quite nice.
Speaker 4: The other thing I will listen to if I listen to anything, is uh any kind of stand up, any kind of comedy, Like I've got introduced to so many new comedians over the years by listening to you know, like whatever, yeah, Sinbad's new.
Speaker 3: Yeah, uh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a lot of new ones like yeah, oh yeah, yeah, Billy Billy, Crystal Woopie Goldberg, brand brand brand new, brand new stand up. Yes, that she's gonna go places they had special what she does, have a very good.
Speaker 3: View of her career.
Speaker 2: And my lord, that's a coroner.
Speaker 3: Yeah that.
Speaker 6: Every singer has a signature sound.
Speaker 5: For instance, if I said it's a sing, it's gonna be me in Justice, right.
Speaker 6: You go like that.
Speaker 5: So for this challenge, I'll give you a famous singer and a song we'd love to hear that singer mashed into. Okay, all right, and then you can each try to be that singer. So, for instance, I'll say this. Brian Latreull from the Backstreet.
Speaker 6: Boys sings Hello by Adele. How would he sound singing?
Speaker 4: Oh crap, oh my god. He has a much higher voice than me. So it's like, what the hell was that I'm trying to do?
Speaker 2: Like Hello, Hello?
Speaker 4: Brian sings with his eyes closed. So and he puts a finger up, so Hello, it's me. Yeah, okay, that's all Yeah, I like and he puts a leg up. I don't know why he does that.
Speaker 3: It's weird he does.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he puts a finger and a leg up. I think that's just kind of it's like a.
Speaker 6: I think that's his church background.
Speaker 4: It could be, it could be, but he definitely is known to sing when his eyes closed.
Speaker 3: It backfired on him once on tour. A fandom it up on stage.
Speaker 4: His eyes were closed and she hit the mic and it hit him in the face and then he opened his eyes.
Speaker 6: Was like, oh, well, hello, all right, Lance, I got one for you, all right.
Speaker 5: Johnny Cash sings What's Up by the four nine blods?
Speaker 2: Old? How does that go?
Speaker 3: And wave?
Speaker 2: Oh that one.
Speaker 3: Awake in the morning and I step outside, I.
Speaker 2: Take morning brow showed that sounded more like share.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Why why did you give him like an overbite.
Speaker 1: I know, work morning, good in the morning, and a stiff Why I keep saying like share.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's he's like, uh, think about what was his big song? Well, he had a lot of big songs.
Speaker 4: I think a ring fire and ringing fire.
Speaker 3: So uh so it awake in the.
Speaker 2: Morning, awake in the morning and outside and myself.
Speaker 6: That's a takes and I get real high.
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 6: All right, all right, let's try another one.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 6: Eminem, you can do this one. Eminem sings hot in.
Speaker 4: Here by now, Oh my god, Marshall, I apologize. Now, this is like I'm trying to think of, like how his voice outs.
Speaker 2: It's kind of easily.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this next thing good jumping me.
Speaker 4: So it's getting hot in here, I said, the worst Eminem voice ever.
Speaker 1: It's getting hot in here, god Zilla?
Speaker 3: Give my dad gotz what time? How is that?
Speaker 6: That is fantastic?
Speaker 1: Is that?
Speaker 3: Listen?
Speaker 6: Here?
Speaker 1: At la la a a backed up, backed up egg getting hot in here.
Speaker 5: Okay, let's I got one for you. Okay, Kermit the frog sings Baby Got Back by sir, mix a lot.
Speaker 3: You can do that one.
Speaker 6: Baby Got Back?
Speaker 2: I like big, but about big birds and I cannot nahant and.
Speaker 3: Piggy pig she got mad because you like.
Speaker 6: But all right, Agent, I got one for you.
Speaker 5: This is actually a famous karaoke song for Lance Lance Event sing sings Friends.
Speaker 2: In Low Places by Garth. I've done this on stage with it, so to Garth Brooks.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're doing Friends in Low Places in the style of.
Speaker 4: Lance bas In the style of Lance Bass.
Speaker 3: I wish I knew the worst of this.
Speaker 4: Well I got friend Well, well I got friends in.
Speaker 2: Whiskey. Jesus. I know the way that it's the song.
Speaker 1: I know the words too, and that's why I'm always singing at carioke.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the only ones that I sing at karaoke are either Hotel California or c beanut He then.
Speaker 3: I never sing.
Speaker 6: That was pretty great.
Speaker 2: I don't think I've ever done that.
Speaker 5: This is the last one either. It's it's a choice. You can either do J. C. Chase singing Sweet Caroline, or you can do Nick Lache singing.
Speaker 6: Living on a Prayer.
Speaker 4: We are no longer going to be friends with any of these people because of Yeah.
Speaker 6: But they both have distinct especially.
Speaker 3: Is really you know, he's really breathy and Harry.
Speaker 2: Oh, we have Wait there, it sounds just like him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he sounds identical, and then I can do j C sounds the same, No, j C.
Speaker 4: Joshua apparently Joshersator.
Speaker 6: I can't believe you just learned that jay C is real name, dude.
Speaker 3: I am literally beside myself that for thirty years I have thought it was j C.
Speaker 4: Shase, meaning that Jayce stood for like John Christopher or Joseph Cooter.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Did you not have a subscription to Bop magazine for CONC?
Speaker 4: I know, but I would buy it if we were on the cover, just to show my friends.
Speaker 3: Were you not on the cover or Tiger Beat or Team Beat? No, but I never knew that, like I knew your sitch, you know obviously, So what question for you? Why why didn't you go with your first name? Just James Bess.
Speaker 1: My parents always called me Lance because every guy in my family, my father, my grandfather, my grandfather is James Urban Bess. So I was the first to break the Urban mold. But everyone is Jimmy, Jim James, Jimbo. And they just didn't want another gym. So they're like, we're now gonna.
Speaker 2: Call you Lance.
Speaker 4: Yes, they named you James, Well, James, the family names you passed it.
Speaker 3: Okay, yo yo, can't have it both ways.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so James will always be passed down.
Speaker 4: But it's Alexander, It's James and Jack James in the middle this time.
Speaker 3: That's where it belongs.
Speaker 6: All right, last segment, this one aj you can host.
Speaker 5: You can pick any of these you want off here, but just ask him to you guys to each other.
Speaker 4: Okay, what was the worst food you ever ate on the road? I could tell you right now. I was in hungry, and uh there was a language barrier.
Speaker 3: I was hungry.
Speaker 4: There was a language barrier with the waiter. God bless his heart. I ordered what they said was the number one dish on the menu of a local cuisine. So as I'm eating, I'm like, okay, whatever this is, it's very chewy. I don't know what this is, but it's very chewy. A fan walked up to ask for a photo, and she looked at me and giggled and she was like, I'm so surprised you're eating that.
Speaker 3: I'm like, why this is?
Speaker 4: What they told me is like, you're The most famous thing was cow testicles. I have never run faster to a bathroom. You know, I've I've tried like some interesting dishes over the years, but my palette's definitely gotten more experimental. Now as a father, you kind of have to be like, you can't yuck someone's young, Like I don't.
Speaker 3: I used to hate vegetables.
Speaker 4: Now I love vegetables because if my kids are like not wanting to try broccoli, if I'm like, oh, don't do this is gross, that's gonna deter my kids from eating healthy.
Speaker 3: So what about you? Worst food you ever had?
Speaker 2: I can't travel. I don't really because I don't eat anything. There's a lot of things I don't like, but I'll try, like mushrooms all kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: But you don't like mushrooms me either?
Speaker 4: Now, now do you not like them cooked or see raw? I can do because it's it's the texture.
Speaker 2: For me. It tastes like dirt.
Speaker 1: No, it's it is but a drink that I remember on the road. We were in Austria and uh so we were in Vienna. We get into the hotel and I don't know, We're all in my room and we all were taking a cheers for something.
Speaker 2: So we all want to go shot at something.
Speaker 1: So I go into the mini bar and I see campari, right, and I didn't know what campari is, but it's this beautiful red colored I'm like, it looks fun. So of course, all shots and we're like, you know, like you know, we cheers, we all shoot it at all at the same time. You just spit it out. It is the worst taste, and especially you think it's a strawberry.
Speaker 4: Taste and it's a bad like it's almost like it makes you spin it out.
Speaker 3: It does.
Speaker 1: It makes you spin it out, all right, guys. So you know, uh, we are heading to the iHeart Festival. We do have to let you go right now. We're gonna have another episode that we're gonna be uh shooting very soon at a really fun place in the racetrack. Yeah, but what are we looking forward to at the festival?
Speaker 2: Who are we looking for? To see? A little wins the funny?
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, there's a lot of acts that are our generation that are gonna be at this festival.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of news.
Speaker 4: I really enjoy these festival shows because you're with your peers, which are your kind of friends over the years, and I'm looking forward to seeing.
Speaker 3: My boys are boys you good kids.
Speaker 4: Haven't seen those boys since we toured together for the NK TBSP Tour back in twenty eleven, and.
Speaker 2: I think we can talk about it. They've announced their residency.
Speaker 3: Yes they have, so good luck boys. It's fun.
Speaker 4: Don't lose all your money at the slots. But yeah, I mean we're gonna have a lot of fun as always. Okay, we're here, so before we get to the ghost town we're gonna be We're literally stopping here at this dry lake bed.
Speaker 3: I get this.
Speaker 4: These ionics have a super cool feature called Vehicle to Load. With Hyundai's adapter Jesus Christ to be two all loud, you to use stored energy from the ionic to recharge and power anything else electric.
Speaker 3: Can it charge my phone? Yes, my phone's almost dead. It needs to chuck my phone.
Speaker 4: Uh so we're literally about to see this performance powered by Ionic. What are some songs that you listen to to give you a boost before you perform? Oh, Romstein is one for Metein that's good.
Speaker 1: I like a little Smashing Pumpkins, Nice tonight tonight. I love Silver Chair, just anything I like. I like Rocking Dot.
Speaker 3: Corn uh recently Limp Biscuit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, ooh, I love I did it all for the Nkie, the nookie.
Speaker 1: But all right, well, now that we're at this uh dry lake bed, we're about to see some amazing music. It's gonna be powered by five yes, which is so crazy, but this podcast episode was brought to you by Hyundai uh and to learn more about this Ionic five that we're driving around now, check out the notes in the bio for more details. All right, guys, that is all the show we have right now, but yeah, we will be doing another fun episode from Vegas, so stay tuned for that. Mister McLean is gonna be with us, Drew bu and Ella Ella is gonna be so So until next time, be good to each other, don't drink and drive, take care of those animals, and until next time, stay frosted gihe.
Speaker 2: Hey, thanks for listening. Follow us on Instagram at Frosted Tips.
Speaker 1: With Lance and Michael Turchinard and at Lance bast for all your pop culture needs, and make sure to write his review and leave us five stars six if you can see you next time