Speaker 1: You are listening to the Daily Best of The Rick Burgers Show. Hey, catch the entire show wherever you get podcasts, or watch us live and archived on YouTube, and subscribers can watch the Daily Best of the Rick Burgers Show on Blaze TV. Thanks for watching and listening, and be sure to follow us on social media for more from the whole gang at The Rick Burgers Show and here we go America. Are you ready America? Shelby Sandwich Shop says yes, come out, Rock Texas says yes. Tennessee truck driver says, Hey, Birch, I'm ready.
Speaker 2: Ready.
Speaker 1: Kentucky, Rock Mills, Alabama, Laurel, Mississippi, pick a U State Football Champs, Robins Middle North Carolina. Hey, Hey guys, I'm ready. Louisville, Kentucky says We're in Huntsville, Alabama. Jonesboro, Arkansas, Yellow Creek, Tuscaloosa County. Let's go Alabama has mad drivers? What drive carefully? There's some dogs in georgia'shown u A W Pennsylvania creaking out to them. Autible middles America at time? Are you ready?
Speaker 3: Everybody?
Speaker 4: Fort Rutger, Good to see you, brook Hate in East to Boga. You know, it was funny you guys were talking about Speedy, Greg and Andler all here. We've talked about this before, but when you went to Rainbow, Omega and we talked about that trip, that wonderful organization, Gregan and Speedy all helped them again with a fundraiser coming up in August, and we talked about They were actually located in a community in Alabama called East to Boga, not far from where Greg and I grew up, and so I mean real close. And so when I was in college and we mentioned this before, I would throw out East to Boga, and people thought I was referencing something being a.
Speaker 1: Long way or way or out in the middle of nowhere. Tell you one thing, man, Oh yeah, the next thing we got some laws. We was out in the middle East of Boga, and so I was like, no, that's a real place. And they were like, that's not a real place. And I remember some of them came home with me from college and when they saw that East to Boga signed, they couldn't believe it. They were like, that's a real place. I said, of course, that's a real place. Did they think you were saying east of Boga? Correct? Okay? Yeah, you know, like you'd say, yeah, not.
Speaker 2: To be confused west of Bogue.
Speaker 1: Correct, right, Yeah. They thought it was a reference to something that's a long way or know where you are, and I know no, No, it's a it's an actual place, you know, east to Boga, Greg, what does it really belong to? Is it is? I will say this when the community today, I know that now it's Oxford, so it belongs to Oxford a lot of it. Where I saw Oxford City limit at where you get off at East Bogle, you know, I turned and went the other way when left and I'm going to seventy eight right there at seventy eight where you come out. Yeah, the sign said Oxford City Limits.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're got the world's largest office chair there.
Speaker 1: That's all this stuff you're going, it's close to it. Yeah, that's downtown Nison. Heyy Adler. When it comes to Calhoun County, calm down, reckless. Let Greg and I handle this claiming all this stuff even got the muse you can't claim you can't claim that museum in easter.
Speaker 2: This is Google making these false claims. It really what about the International Sports closed?
Speaker 5: You can now for those of you around the country is trying to picture what we're talking about. It's if you're coming from the city or if you're coming it's a community. Yeah, if you're coming from Atlanta to go to Talladege Superspeedway, it's the first exit.
Speaker 6: Ye.
Speaker 5: If you're coming from Birmingham, it's a second. It's right there at the dirt track and all that.
Speaker 1: And it does appear that it is now part of the city limits of Oxford, Alabama, where Greg and I grew up. So the community of East Bogo. Do you know one thing? Every time I bring it up, I know a couple of things that Eastboga and buying them run together. Yeah, one thing's going to one thing I've already told you, and somebody sent me a picture of it the other day, number one. So of all things odd. So when I started becoming friends with Rich Wingo, now Rich Wingo has got quite a bit of connection to many people out there. First of all, a road tide. If you love the Tide, you know that Wingo was on a couple of NONS actual championship teams with the Paul Bear Bryant in the seventies. You know that if you're a Green Bay packer, fan. You know that Rich Wingo you know, played an awesome middle linebacker for them Packers, and one time he didn't enjoy as much. I think was moved outside linebacker when they had a coaching change. He didn't care for that. But anyway, so we've the closer we've gotten as friends. He is actually from Indiana, rich Is That's where his family is. He came to Alabama to play for the Tide, okay, and then stayed in Alabama with his wife. So who was I think from North Alabama. But anyway, so one day we're talking and he goes, well, you know up my family though, I used to come and see my family in Calhoun County. And I was like, what are you talking about? I said, where he goes, Have you heard of East of Boga? I said, of course, I've heard of Eastboga. He said, yeah, my granddaddy I think had a store. There's still there at Little Wingo Stores. It's not operational, but the building is with us. So, man, we were talking about that when we went to Rainbow Mega. You brought that and I thought, what a weird connection that Now when we have we have an East Boga connection. Yeah, yes we do. Yeah, and he said he even played in co Water Creek. Oh boy, and when he was a little boy they named it. Right, boy, it's cold, it's cold, Yes, not very deep, but sure it's cold. So uh So, anyway, there's an Easter Boga update. Yeah you get it started off on that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, people you know that they're ready, they're when when they're they're ready with everybody else. But you know, with a name like that, it does almost sound like it's made up or someplace that doctor Seuss said people live or something. And uh and apparently there's some place called Big Boga that is east of.
Speaker 2: Did y'all know there's an old east of Boga?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, oh yeah, a lot of people don't know that.
Speaker 1: Sure, people don't know it. It's just that thing where people in Selm will try to be sharp about Old Cahaba. You ever heard you heard Dery very Heaven wrote a song about. Oh yeah, and I for I think, for a brief moment, just for a brief moment, that ca Haba was even the capital of the Confederacy there for just a brief runt.
Speaker 2: Y'all know where this map is. Uh, there's the industrial park.
Speaker 1: We know that's old yeah, people, I know where that is. Pulling up up, we know where all that is. Yeah, I mean that's that's where we grew up. And i mean, come on, I mean that's that's when we were coming up. That was Welburn, it was, yeah, it was that's all.
Speaker 2: This is where the Combat Park is, where you can drive a tank. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Correct, that's modern day though, but yeah, it wasn't there when we were there.
Speaker 2: They didn't have the tank.
Speaker 1: Let me tell what you're doing right now. It's like Greg and I try to tell you what's going on in San Antonio.
Speaker 7: All right, we got to go drive a tank something and I'm gonna go check out y'all's hometown at East.
Speaker 1: You got that big billboard drive a tank, so the Yeah, So a lot of the audience got to come to our hometown.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 1: The very first conference we ever had with Manchurch and we did our own conference was in Oxford at the Performing Arts, which has some cool concerts and so a lot of you got to come and hang out there and and it was it was interesting because when you come to someone else's area, you always watch their facial reaction, like when you picked where you're going to stay. So you joke at a hotel, Yeah, where you're staying? You get that face? Yeah, I hope you didn't bring a good car, you know, no no one. Guy was like, yeah, we waited late. So we just we had to try to find a hotel and we finally found one. Where'd you where'd you find it? Yeah? And when he told me, when he when he told me, I was like, there's a reason there were rooms available.
Speaker 2: It's in a sleeping bag. You might want to bring your own sleeping bag, right.
Speaker 1: I think I just stay in the parking lot tonight. I don't think i'd go back. So so anyway, we do have a lot to cover today, I know, on on a serious note, which you know, we're not overly serious, but on a serious note, we're not afraid of serious. Uh. We do have an update from Israel today. There's there's a feeling something big is about to happen in this conflict, conflict that's going on with Israel and originally with Hamas, and of course that includes Iran with the hooties and you know all the different terrorist groups that are financed by Iran, and we know that we've had a little back and forth with the two we're going inside Israel today and we're gonna talk to Shannie Ferguson with my o's Israel, and we'll get an update inside and we'll tell you when we come back. Trump leaving the G seven early has everybody going, hmmm hmmm, something, something big may be about to happen in the Iranian Israeli conflict. So we'll we don't know that, it's just saying that it looks that way. We'll be back more of the Rick Burgess Show coming up right after this. So Israel and Iran ran, you know, and so the situation there, it seems to be intensifying everybody. I know, yesterday we were all watching the video. Uh, and I guess this is in Tehran where there's a news person on the air, you know, doing the normal you know, propaganda that these evil regimes do. And while she's given us that a missile hits the actual TV station. Uh that was the Iran State TV. Yeah, you know state and you can always trust State TV. True, But but she's doing the broadcast and there's there's the there's the missile hitting the TV station.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: Uh, you got to debris flying around. Time time to get off the anchor desk time to go go take cover, uh, as the TV station was taken out during the broadcast. So so there she she got out quick. She did. It was it was It's so real, it almost looked like a bad skit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 5: But and I think Shane, who will be talking to with my o's later Israel. She even alluded to that in one of her daily updates yesterday, and she said what she was saying at the time that the ank, what the anchor was saying, is that Israel is bombing us and and all this kind of thing. She was kind of talking about that, and all of sudden one hit yep.
Speaker 1: So anyway, and then of course a lot a lot of you know, murmur murmur murmur murmur.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: Trump and Rubio Uh, they they cut their G seven trips short uh returning to d c uh and uh. And they're also everybody matter. I've seen footage of this, the Iranians fleeing Terran.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: They they're they're trying to get out of the city. So I think they all sense that Israel is about to do something. You said, uh speedy, that they're even not even hiding that fact that a quote was made by one of the Israeli officials that if you thought our Beeper deal was a big deal, as Batman Turner Overdrive said, you ain't seen nothing yet.
Speaker 5: No, And that was the is Israel's ambassador. US ambassador says, the Beeper operation will seem simple compared to what its planned for Iran.
Speaker 1: So there we go. So what what will that look like? Will that will that bring Iran? Now, when you're dealing with evil regimes and I actually was watching one of the videos that Shannie Ferguson has has put out on her own with my O's Israel and says, you know, when you're dealing with these in the culture of the Middle East, Uh, there there's there's honor, there's shame, and there's all kinds of ways this has to be done. And she said, you know, when these leaders, even if they're taken out, if they're taken out in a way that seems honorable, it can actually increase their following. If they're taken out in a way that seems shameful, that's what they try to avoid. And they said, that's why when even when they're returning, she said, if you go back and watch even when Hamas was returning hostages, which means they are meet giving into a demand from Israel. They had them all marching in a parade like it was a celebration. They put signs on them, I'm a prisoner of Hamas you know, they were trying even though they were giving them back. There was some saving of face in the process. We did grab you, We did have a successful attack.
Speaker 3: All of that.
Speaker 1: So also, and we'll talk more about that when we interview her, coming up a little bit later on on what the people of Israel seem to be bracing for. So nobody knows, you know, it's all speculation right now, but I think it's I don't think you're out on a limb based on the things we already have just heard people say, like the one Bubba, I mean Bubba speedy. Just mean when you say something for a long time, it's just there. But is that something's about to happen and Israel is about to ramp up something offensively. So we'll see.
Speaker 2: And did y'all see that Trump posted Iran should have signed the deal.
Speaker 7: I told them to sign. What a shame, what a waste of human life? Simply stated Iran cannot have a nuclear weapon. I said it over and over again. Everyone should immediately evacuate Tehran, and as you can see, they did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he has, I mean, he has given them so many opportunities. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Please.
Speaker 7: That big strike from Israel came sixty one days after Trump told Iran they have sixty days.
Speaker 1: So there you go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Greg, how.
Speaker 1: Deep did you say the bunkers were in? About three miles? I hear that right, well, and I think some of that may be in talk about that. The reason why somebody thinks something, you know, something big is about to be launched by Israel is what you just said. Some of the scientists and some of the ongoing nuclear research that Iran is doing is so down underground they're going to have to drop something or fire something that can penetrate down to a bunker buster. That's exactly right. So there you go. And they have, you know, taken out so many of Iran's military leaders, including someboun text nations saying, you know, the head of the army that they've taken him out too. So you know, I can't remember the exact number, but I think they targeted I want to say, somewhere around twenty three and they got twenty one of them. So there's a little bit of chaos in the military leadership in Iran too because of that first attack. So we'll see, you know, hopefully Iran will we'll understand that they really don't have any way out and maybe there's a road and they can pretend to save face and and all that. That's that's perfectly fine as long as this thing can be de escalated a little bit. But we'll we'll find out more when we When we talked to uh Seannie Ferguson with my o's Israel coming up in a couple hours on the live show, all right, we'll be back, all right, So I pointed a new one and Israel took him out too. Okay, well we'll be back.
Speaker 3: Anyway.
Speaker 1: Greg. Also, one thing I want to tell you, because you know now we're hearing from people all over with Dad and all his incredible influence and things that he he's he's done everywhere. So do you remember the guy who did and I don't know if he continued to do it when he was at Jacksonville State, but I know he did it when he was coaching at Oxford High School. Smitty the film Guy, Film Guy Smitty the film guy Friday Night and get it. You know where he went the radio building where? Yeah? And so anyway, so he was he was the one. And I mentioned Smitty in the book and I actually heard from Smitty's son about by the way, I have the book and I'm reading about my dad and how about that? Yeah, so so that that's kind of cool. So all these little connections are happening in Oliver or so. So anyway, thanks for all of that. So Greg, you were you already mentioned it is? I don't know. At forty one is Aaron Rodgers worth all the drama and weirdness he brings? Why it's a strange? I mean, why can't he just not be weird? I mean, you know, if you're young and you're like he was incredible and you can, you know, throw it through the eye of a needle, you're worth it. But yeah, at forty one, does anybody want you to be weird? I mean you really need to be like everybody going, I'm glad we got the forty one year old. He's worth it worthy. So now you know, for some reason he wearing a wedding ring, just showed up with and just mentions in passing that he got married a few months ago, and now his family is coming in going out. We don't know if he's married or not. This thing just like a ceremony for partners or what. I don't excuse me. That weird. Well now this one woman he was with, the witch, Now she was weird, right? Is this a new witch?
Speaker 2: I don't know about that.
Speaker 1: We don't know who she. Yeah, we don't know who she is. Sure he's married?
Speaker 2: No, always she said, I'm not a witch. I'm your wife.
Speaker 1: Okay, noight, Okay, that's from Princess.
Speaker 2: Bride, is it?
Speaker 1: Okay, I do that's right. I don't remember that. We just kind of looked at you. I'm sorry, buddy, fine, I was that the one where that wasn't the one that, like the male of the couple was played by Billy Chrystal. Okay, yeah, I don't know who this is.
Speaker 2: W I'm not a witch, I'm your wife.
Speaker 1: Oh that's right. Okay, I forgot all that. I thought you were saying more. Sorry, but anyway, now there he's just for I don't even why would his family even weigh in on this?
Speaker 3: Why? Why?
Speaker 1: Why they're always stirring he and his family just it's so strange. And so now the family is saying that they don't believe he They think it's possibly he's not officially married. Yeah, he's pretending to be married. Is he like his helmet yet always had some sort of ceremony.
Speaker 5: But you know what's sad is is most families, if they have any type of relationship, they kind of know.
Speaker 1: But yeah, he's been on announce with it. Oh I know, but then it was, hey, we patched it up, and now I guess we're not. I mean, he's just California weird, you know, so remember weird. And then there's that don't don't forget his longtime feud with younger brother Jordan, who was on the Bachelorette. Yeah, and does SEC football now and does that. Yeah he's pretty good.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So so they're on the aul and did the UFL game though.
Speaker 2: All that Steelers help. It looks weird on him. I don't know why, but it does. He didn't like it.
Speaker 1: I know why he didn't like it.
Speaker 3: It's weird.
Speaker 2: It's weird on it.
Speaker 1: It does it weird and uh so, so okay, I know he's from California. Rick I got it saying he's California, right, I got you. You're right, You're right. Speed they really we don't have the same thing of that. No, I mean, he's just he's just weird. And I think you're right on something. Rick.
Speaker 5: When he was younger, and you know, he didn't have all the drama. It's almost like the drama was buried. Yeah, and and his his athleticism and his pilots on the field, that was the story I don't even remember has faded and we've had injuries, we've had the jets, and now.
Speaker 1: All the other has kind of come to the forefront. Yeah, you're right. I remember when he was young. I can't even can't even remember that the weird was ever even able to push through and get in the head. That's right.
Speaker 5: Now, he have a good steal if he has a great season with the Steelers. Now, the weirdness is going to fade again. It's going to be about how great he is.
Speaker 1: I want on record right now because it'll be harder to do it right now. We haven't seen anything. Yeah, just is our notion that he's gonna have a good year or is it just gonna be another disappointing what happened if he's gonna be a flop, but I don't think it's gonna be great.
Speaker 5: My prediction is if he can stay injury free, and that's you know, now I'm not heard, I don't whatever.
Speaker 1: He's gonna have a really good year, but that's if he if he stays healthy, I'm going to average. It's not horrible, it's not great. So when you're Aaron Rodgers at forty one and and you probably should have won more superbows than you did. As a Packer fan, I thought we should have done better than that run, but hey, you know we got one. Okay, So but there's no way you go anywhere and say I'll help with the young guy and I'll be the backup. No, so he starts, Oh absolutely, okay. Yeah, you ever wonder something you ever wonder sometimes if at forty one, I'm the backup and let me help the young kid would be more beneficial to everybody. Yeah, then let's put the old guy there and see if he can find just some flashes of glory. I hate I'm gonna bring this up. And I wasn't even a huge fan. I just have great respect for what was accomplished in football, not in life. In football. Tom Brady was able to do things older that some of these guys I just don't think can do. It's that weird day and go adler.
Speaker 7: So is it possible that Aaron Rodgers seemed normal because everyone around him was wearing like cheesehead hats and stuff.
Speaker 2: And it's like, if that's going on all around you, you seem pretty normal.
Speaker 1: Careful, you know, careful going after packers. Don't forget when he sat in the dark for how many days? And weird stuff.
Speaker 5: It all started when when the packers and that kind of ended, and then he started holding out and where's it when sitting in the dark? To your point, then you go to the jets, largest market in the country, and then now everything's a boy of him, and then you had hard knocks and then he gets hurt. It's it's just been drama filled and then you have his ex girlfriend, some of them saying that it's the worst time of their life.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 1: It doesn't help. Then his family, doesn't They they're all splintered. It's just a He's just a weird dude. I'm afraid that Aaron Rodgers is one of those people that has yet to consider it might be him. Yeah, right, but here.
Speaker 5: But here's what's so confusing about him. I haven't seen a ton of them, but I have seen a lot of clips and reels and all that. Then he gets on Pat mcfeinn.
Speaker 1: He looks like he's just chill and hanging out, and you're like, why kind I like dang with that guy. But then you hear all these reports about how weird he is. Would you say, he's the only person ever went on record that says I'm playing well because I went off on an island and did drugs. He's only he's the only one to ever openly say that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, hanging out with Joe Rogan. You know, that's why your circle is so important. It is circle of friends.
Speaker 1: Rogan seems to be showing inklings of coming around. But he's come around politically, Yeah, but he'll jump back. Yeah, he might come around spiritually. I think we're probably moving a little faster than he really is. You know, he's just kicking the tires.
Speaker 2: He did admit that he's been going to church.
Speaker 7: Yes, he has to his big time Lib buddies, and that's that can be a hard step for you, you know, if you if you've lived in Lib liberal atheists, you know, cool world, the cool comedian world. Admitting that you are going to a church regularly with your family, that can be a big step, a big social step. And he did admit that they gave him a little bit of grief, and he said, man, that they're just people trying to trying to be better people. They're just they're just nice people trying to be better people. That's all I've seen so far. And evidently he's taken a break from drinking as well, so that you never.
Speaker 1: Know, No, you don't. And by the way, look, look I'm sitting here, I'm an example of it. I mean, if you're willing to be transfer formed, the power to be transformed and the process of continuing to be transformed is available to you in the person of Christ and in the power of the Holy Spirit. No question, you know, you just have to go. And you're right about what you just said. What I respect about a person like Joe Rogan. It looks like he finally came to the conclusion which we've always been saying. If you want to get to the bottom of the truth of everything, why are you not pursuing this? Go investigate it? You know, we do believe by faith, but our faith is also based on a huge body of evidence. And I've watched him interview people, and he's considering the evidence. There's no doubt he is because it is there, right. And now you're never going to get down a road that at some point you're not going to run into faith. I mean you're going to, but you can go gather all the information first, you know, and apply that to your pursuit, which I think he's doing, so I respect that. And I talked to someone yesterday that I won't name, and they said, what you just said, if you want to work. See, he's gotten to the point now where it doesn't affect his work because he's got his own thing. He's no longer held hostage to you. Better keep your mouth shut about your spiritual pursuits if you ever want to work in Hollywood again. And this person was telling me, when it comes to politics and when it comes to you know, your spiritual convictions, if you want to work in Hollywood, you're really better off just to keep your mouth shut, sadly, yeah, and not not really come down. Unless you're gonna come down on the left, then you're allowed to do that. But if you're if you're a conservative, or you're you're a Christian, if you want to keep working, I mean in Hollywood, you know. He said you just have to kind of keep your mouth shut.
Speaker 7: And I quoted Joe saying, uh, from what he sees, they're just people trying to be better, be better people. Somebody commented, Jesus doesn't make people better, he makes people whole.
Speaker 2: I totally agree, that's right.
Speaker 7: I was quoting him Joe Rogan's kind of elementary view of what Christianity was.
Speaker 2: I wasn't saying that's what Christianity is now.
Speaker 1: What he was to be careful for you jump on the home keys. What Adam was trying to point to, which we all need to understand, is that we think that people that know nothing about this that they understand are phrases. They understand this language that we use. They have no idea. And what Adler's trying to point to you is a guy who's seeking That's how he sees it. Now, that's all he was saying. And it's important to know that so you can correct that, you know, as it goes forward. But if he starts out that way, whatever's come on in and sit down and we'll walk with you, you know, and as time comes along, we'll answer your questions and we'll even correct that point of view. Really, as the person pointed out, really we're all a bunch of beggars just trying to show you where the bread is. We'll be back, Rick Burgess show unscreen phone calls, go ahead. Yeah, I know. This goes the way back when I used to you know, the butt naked Friday. Oh my god, what if you went to having free ball Friday? What what is that?
Speaker 2: Thank you Sarah so much.
Speaker 1: It was what we covered, how you so we covered in the meeting yesterday. How about this? It was even on the board. Uh yeah, so how about that? That that what you just asked me to do, sir was Rick, Why don't you return to the time before you were redeemed? Go back to being a lost Rick? And so I just you know that that that that that old Rick is not even on the table anymore, you know what I mean. But it's you know, it's pretty funny look back at some of it. But uh, if you think that was something offensive, then can you imagine how offensive that would be? At sixty? All right? Right, yeah, we continue Rick Burgers show unscreen phone calls go ahead.
Speaker 7: So I know we just had Father's Day and I'm a new up and coming stepfather.
Speaker 1: But wonder what kids spent Father's Day with? My goodness, I mean, everybody is on the.
Speaker 5: I don't think y'all, man, did you say the first time this is this is the unscreen phone calls this hour for the first time.
Speaker 1: No, No, I did a long time. I did it once in the back of it. Actually, I mean I mean months ago, and it went really well. Yeah, and guys not so well today, right, you know, we're talking about having New Year and all that. I think we can let Father's Day go. It's Tuesday, right, right, done? Right? You know I have to keep wishing everybody happy. Five been a minute, yeah, And I know, I mean, it doesn't hold that much. Yeah. And and I want to say this. I know that I know what it's like out there, and I know that I know the world we live in, okay, And I know that a lot of y'all out there, y'all want blood and guts, okay, But but you know there's there there's things going on in people's personal lives connected to this show. And we're not gonna come on this platform and jump into people's personal lives. Okay, no matter how it may or may not be. If you have anything that you ever want to talk to anybody involving the show about their personal lives, you contact them directly. You don't come on this platform and start mouthing. Okay, that's that's not how we handle things. Okay. All of us spend a lot of time together, and that doesn't mean that things don't happen that but but the bottom line is there still needs to be a respect for that person and their private personal life, Okay. And this is not the platform to come on here talking that kind of trash okay. And I know there's been a couple of other attempts to do that. Uh, And I'm and we're we're not gonna get on here and disparage the guys that we worked with for that amount of time. Some of y'all want that, by golly, bo golly, we want you all to dope, And we're not gonna do that. Now. If they choose to do it, that's their own business, but we're not gonna do it. And and I'm not going to tolerate that. Top of the hour, I mean, show some respect, man, Yeah, for the for especially for his family. We'll be back. More of the show coming up right after this. Greg, You've got to be thrilled, and we just want to say, Man, we're happy for you. We really are. We're so excited for you. What's that Joey Chestnut. Yeah, he's fact he will compete in Nathan's Hot Dog eating Contest. One of the most disgusting things on this planet.
Speaker 7: We do.
Speaker 1: It's pretty bad. He was forced to miss the twenty twenty four event, but he says he will be back. Ratings must have been down. You remember then he had his own battle on a Netflix against Kobeyashi.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that was the big show.
Speaker 1: He blew him out. He did not. Do you think he's He's just he's really moved ahead of Kobe back in retirement now right. I mean I applawed both of them, trying to make something happen. Yeah and net Yeah, I think they did say the mill or something. I don't know. Not nothing quite as disgusting as a Nathan's Hot Dog contest. It's it's it's.
Speaker 2: Awful, so much just wet bread, yeah.
Speaker 1: Bread, how about this? I don't even like for my sandwich, just a little bit of it to get wet, no off. Yeah, yeah right, I'm nothing that I can't I can't do that.
Speaker 2: Is there anything worse?
Speaker 7: When you take the ketch up and you forget to shake it up, gets all over your bun.
Speaker 1: We got to shake it, you know when it happened. I tell you, the one that's the hardest. Ketch up seems to be pretty easy to get the water mixed back in mustard mustard.
Speaker 2: That water is just straight up vinegar mustard.
Speaker 1: You gotta fight mustard, you know. So move back up, Yeah you do. Yeah, speaking of that, of course, Adler, you're not here yet, so you're your kids are just too tiny for this. But one day you'll face this. Have you ever noticed that your adult children greg maybe not as much for you, since yours are all married, have their own families. You may not You probably don't experience this as much anymore. Yeah, but this thing where adult children swoop into your home and your wife lets them carry your stuff out with them, like they'll go. I'm sitting there and I'm like, uh, so you know, big love comes home and and uh and I'm like, hey, I'm gonna tell it. I'm gonna do today after church since it's still is Father's Day. You know, I know we did some stuff yesterday, cooked out the burgers and and all that. And I said, but you know, I love to come catch that straight a burger on Sunday the next day. And she goes, oh, no, that that's not yours. And I said, what are you talking about. She said, well, well, Brooks asked me to make an extra one that he could take back to Atlanta with him. I'm like, the extra hamburger is Brooks, not mine? And she goes, no, it's not yours. And then I thought wow, and so uh, I said you order an extra burger. He goes, oh, yeah I did. And I was like, so I was cooking a burger just for you to take back to Atlanta. Yes, sir, thank you.
Speaker 2: Is this Sun's Day?
Speaker 1: Or nobody told me what is this? And and then you would to cook too. It's not over. It's not over. I look over there and he said he's loading up slaw. And I'm like, hey, that's that's the next day, Slaw. And he's like yeah, Mom said I could take it home with me. Let him take him home?
Speaker 3: What do you do?
Speaker 1: And this to be quite about that. And I was like, he's taking the meal, he's taking the leftovers, and then hamburg And then when I thought it couldn't get any worse, Oh, I am out a mustard. Can I have this mustard? Yeah, baby, you take that mustard. I'm like, well, what he's got our mustard? I said, now we've got to go get mustard. She goes, how hard is it for us to get some more mustard? I said, how hard is it for him to get his own mustard? Yeah? I know where he lives. I see the grocery store across the street. I've been there. Yeah, doesn't he go get groceries? Well, he does, but he that way, he's got some mustard. He took my mustard. He took my extra hamburger, he took the extra slough.
Speaker 5: I think if the refrigerator is easy to load up at times, my wife would just let our boys take the refrigerator home with the whole thing put in the back of the truck.
Speaker 2: Just load it up, Just take the whole thing.
Speaker 1: So everything in at yours told you. And by the way, all your dad's clothes, take those two. He'll get him back at some point. Yeah, all the food that we cooked while you overshot it. Yeah, I didn't get to carry any home there between they split. It's still happening to you even with families. Yeah, Greg, I thought I thought that yours would be so well established that might be over for you because I had so many over plus that. But I mean I thought, did you not end up with any of it?
Speaker 3: Can?
Speaker 5: I ask you all question back to hot dogs? If you if like mustard, I know that that's ridiculous for you to be like, hey, this was a good meal. How many hot dogs would it take to like really fill you up?
Speaker 1: Like? Is it three? Says that to me? I don't like to have a meal that's just hot dog, just talking. But if you did like a hot dog and then a burger, probably you think no, all right, so what are we talking about?
Speaker 3: What I want?
Speaker 2: Friend?
Speaker 1: Better? Right? Kind of like my dad takes My dad texted me and it was yesterday.
Speaker 5: I think he goes, Hey, by the way, yesterday, I forgot to tell you that on Father's Day, you mom woke up and said, hey, what do you want for lunch?
Speaker 1: You know, whatever you want? And he said, I chose hot dogs. I said, what you chose?
Speaker 2: Hot dogs?
Speaker 5: He goes, I want three hot dogs, and I thought that he you know, the three Is that a good number? That's what I was gonna ask you, guys.
Speaker 1: If I did that, it would probably be through. Spiral dogs are so delicious and they're not that feeling I can get out of hand. I'm talking about completely out of hand, right, I don't know what it is. I just I never Here's what I do every time on spiral dogs. Now, this is no doing better Rix being frankly reckless. He's eating until he's full. He's gonna try to do better tomorrow. Okay, not even today because he probably want to eat again. I'm gonna go with three bun spiral dogs, and I'm gonna do another no bun for some reason. I mustard before Brooks took it. I'll dip it in mustard, and that's just a little special for me. I'm gonna do so four total weenies, three full hot dogs. I get it. That's not.
Speaker 3: It is a lot.
Speaker 1: I would go three hot dogs, one bundless. So that's the way we're the same. Yeah, Yeah, ain't that a good feeling? Because I'm I'm gonna go I'm gonna eat one just by itself, and like, are you gonna put up some extras if your kids won't get them? Put up a few extras, and then all of a sudden, next thing, you know, you got something on around six pm on Sunday and you got a hanker for one more without a bun. Of course, then again, and I regret it later when I want one, I'll eat a few while grilling. Oh yes, a couple of the later. I'd kind of like to have that. If I go connect a sausage. If I go connect with sausage, then I've got it on the top the top rack. No one may ever see them, No, I know, absolutely. Yeah. Everybody's like, well, I thought you had connecta I did? What was it for me? While I was cooking? I was cooking, and I don't count it towards my total that I ate for lunch. Why is that never counted for me? If that's if it's out there, everybody's how much you eat today?
Speaker 3: I leave that out.
Speaker 1: And somebody said, didn't you eat some stuff on the grill? All that doesn't count? I didn't count. I was grilling. I don't know how it doesn't count, but it doesn't. I'll tell something word about me. If I go hot dogs, you know, I like fries. But if I'm gonna have fries with hot dogs, it has to have chili on it. But I'll go chips with with hot dogs and instead of I'm okay with that. I'm okay with that. But if I go hamburger, I want fries. But if we're cooking out, how about this. I just know if we're cooking out, we don't do fries. It's always chips. Same, what's I never have found a good frozen fry. Yeah, and I don't like that big bucket of grease you gotta send on your counter all the time that you use the fry. So I'm baking French fries? Are you kidding me? Sometimes we'll do tater tots with some cheese on.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 2: I'm starving and these air frier people say they're just as good. It's it's not as good.
Speaker 1: Somebody needs to take the air four people and tell them to settle down.
Speaker 2: I got enough, I got Air four people.
Speaker 1: Y'all settle down a little bit. Yeah, y'all have not solved all food problems.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, okay, you're not from the future.
Speaker 1: Let's say spiral dogs and an air fry are good, you tell you I have. I've got an air fry and I've never used it carefully, I never used it. I'm stealing the box.
Speaker 2: I'm still in the box.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I'm with you. I think I've got one, and I keep saying I can't commit to it. I keep saying I'm gonna use that air for I can't commit to it. People asking about the connectas sausage or whatever brand you use of that kind of sausage versus just your standard beef weenie in the hot dog, I like. I prefer to have it out there as a warm up on the grill and have it be its own thing. Now, if I'm at a random somehow, I end up at a ball game and they've got the CONNECTU polish dog, polish Dog, I'll go for it, you know, if I'm tailgating. But I'm not gonna do that at home. By the way, I like them. I like them.
Speaker 3: I like this on the brock.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like him. What are you yankee?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: I like them crisped up like a spiral dog, not like a spiral dog.
Speaker 1: That's you know, you know, the broad thing that's a Yankee thing. That's fine, But you also like roundabout.
Speaker 2: So what in the world that's oposed to them? I'm not opposed brot.
Speaker 1: Going through the roundabouts. Make a list. I gotta trouble you with it on my home before I have to hear about them. How you think all these other enlos got in here about you? Believe me? I need those little folders. I put things in. I separate the emails seventy eight no.
Speaker 2: Greg what called filing Greg?
Speaker 1: What like yesterday? And plays from the Wishbone yesterday. I downloaded and printed some of the more provocative and intriguing strange encounters emails, and I made me a Manila folder. I put sharpie on the outside strange encounters at because hear me out hear me, wait a.
Speaker 7: Minute, Wait a minute, you're printing listen and putting them into at me.
Speaker 1: They still made they Let me finish before y'all put me in memory care. Okay, let me finish, okay. Is I just like an e book or a kindle? I would rather hold it, you know, I want to read a book. I don't like reading a book on a computer, and I don't like reading emails on a computer. If they if they're intriguing, I like to print them and then hold them in my hand. Circle things, underlining things so that when I if I read them on strange encounters, I've got to hear in front of it. Off my phone, is what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 2: To get read them off my laptop. Have a blood letting to cure yourself of disease.
Speaker 1: After that, R thank you, So I keep two leeches wild even to yourself. I want to get Manila folders and I'm gonna get some number two pencils. I should I shouldn't have that to myself. You print the hay Bird emails, Yes I do, and off my phone because okay, yeah, I get what you're saying. It means a lot of folks have a filing system, Greg. Apparently you don't. And boy, you keep up with things. Let me tell you're organized. I know where everything is.
Speaker 3: Do you do?
Speaker 2: I'm disorganized? Yes, you are disordered.
Speaker 1: Let me say this to you. You will be happy to know. And Speedy just saw it. Okay. Because we're doing a little you know, updating and cleaning up a little bit and all that, we get a lot of email, poor boy, so you will notice I do have mailboxes on my computer or I put things and hold them and I file them there too. But if I'm gonna read something on the air, I prefer to print it. What's wrong with that?
Speaker 2: There's nothing wrong with it now. The fact that you're printing the early putting on the Manila envelope, right, that's the right what it is on that town I brought.
Speaker 7: I brought my account I brought my accountant receipts in a seafood bucket.
Speaker 2: You got nothing to say, okay, so I can't say anything understanding. I was like, look, here's a seafood bucket of my receipts.
Speaker 3: Keep it to you.
Speaker 2: So I can't say anything.
Speaker 1: Well, I bet you they love you on that.
Speaker 2: They love me. Here he comes, you know what, I care.
Speaker 1: My all my stuff to my accounted INLA folder.
Speaker 8: There you go.
Speaker 2: They appreciate that, like that better than jammed into a bucket. So of course I'm not even folded.
Speaker 1: Just stuffed right yet, not even trying to organize. No, tell him to accounted. This is what you get paid for.
Speaker 3: Figure it out.
Speaker 2: It's not good.
Speaker 1: Are you know where you'd security card?
Speaker 9: Do you are?
Speaker 1: You still hold a book and read a book guy. Do you read these books?
Speaker 2: Yes, I know, I'm I'm a holding book guy.
Speaker 1: It is different. I'm holding I'm trying to.
Speaker 2: Read a book on my phone or even an iPad. It's just doesn't feel right.
Speaker 1: And Greg, it's already been on record he doesn't like audio books because he just want to listen to a book. He wants to read it. I'd rather read it as much as you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would be nice.
Speaker 1: I might try. And I tried one one time. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I know what you do.
Speaker 1: You find yourself your mind's wondering. You're like, I miss half exactly. Just said exactly that. To back it up, text Nation said, next thing I'll do is I'll start printing my text.
Speaker 4: I might.
Speaker 5: I will say this within your email. I didn't see this. Do you have a Strange Encounters folder in addition to printing them? You can drop them in there.
Speaker 1: That's a great idea. You got that.
Speaker 7: You don't need drag it into that thing, Rick, Then I got to go in and try to find them. No, just drag it into the folder. When you see when when they come in and you get them and you say, oh, that's a good one.
Speaker 2: Drag it into the folder. Then they're all.
Speaker 1: Click I'm reading, all right, click out, click again, as opposed to I like holding them. Well, I'm sorry as far as the podcast goes, print the ones you want for the podcast. But you can as a as a safety net.
Speaker 2: You have a folder and you can also facts. Rick, he loves that.
Speaker 1: I don't. By the way, I never liked facts. I didn't get on the facts wagon. Never liked it. Didn't think it was where we needed to be.
Speaker 3: I can tell you.
Speaker 1: I can say that I was waiting on the next thing. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, we got a hay birds coming down the Morse code line here, guys, Okay, all right, I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: I tell you when within the notes app on the phone. The fact you can now scan documents on that that changed everything. That's big because you don't have to have a scanner. No, that is big, said, Look you see, he looked too black.
Speaker 1: He didn't know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Searching searching your photos for a keyword.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, that's become huge for me because I'll do a screenshot of like say my whatever, my my confirmation number or something like that, and then you can search the name of the airline or whatever.
Speaker 3: And there it is.
Speaker 2: That's been huge.
Speaker 5: Yeah, y'all have facial recognition for y'all, so I can search, you know, like Adler, you a rig.
Speaker 2: On one of your guys. Yeah, I'm one of your guys.
Speaker 5: Of course, I'm giving Greg a name I'm not I can't say on air, and all his faces.
Speaker 1: His face comes up when I type that in.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've learned. I've learned to figure out all the Greg's passwords. It's always something derogatory about us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, I know one of his past words about speedy.
Speaker 1: Yes, it is speedy. It's the same back at me. So I kind of share that, right, I remember we having a serious conference. Hey, speed, what's my password? Oh, I'll tell you what. I got it with an exclamation point, somebody said, next, I'll be screaming. I just want to watch Channel three. I've gotten more tech savvy I got. I'm a long way from where I was. Uh. Yeah, I'm terrible. I'm just like I'm making fun of you. That makes sense, right, I just didn't know they still made them photos. You didn't a spiral notebook to go with it. You don't think I don't take notes in them in illegal pad. I was on the second. Now I'm not in the spiral notebooks. Now my wife will write in a spiral notebook in a second, but I'm usually legal pad. And of course you know you've already correctly, by the way, identified that with my Colonel Lyttleton folk with that thing I write in you think I think I'm sharp with you, that that leather. Yeah, I love Colonel Lilton stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love writing.
Speaker 1: Colonel Lilton wallet at one time.
Speaker 2: And I like your new trapper keeper, Rick. I don't remember traffic keeper. Traffic keeper.
Speaker 1: I ain't nothing but going to school and being real sad. I like to talk to me in about handy things. Yeah, and things we fix and build and repair and speedy. I were in there working on breakfasts and I was like, I was telling you know some things I've been fixing repairing, and I understand you did too. Yeah. Well, I thought about you yesterday.
Speaker 5: I think about y'all some you know, like if you know somebody saying something to me and I get root in traffic I think of Greg, you know, and little things like that, I.
Speaker 1: Have a stomach attack. I think of you. That's good, that's good. Yeah, Yeah, Adler.
Speaker 5: If if I think about working out, you know, at the house, I'm wondering, should I get mine towear?
Speaker 2: Should I think about you?
Speaker 1: So you think about Adler and something. But if I ever want to get handy, I think about Rick, of course, And yesterday was one of those days. H fact filter needed to.
Speaker 2: Be changed out.
Speaker 1: That's tough. Yeah, First of all, you got to have the right filter. You got to know what size. You know, there's so many face the right direct there's so many different arrows.
Speaker 7: And.
Speaker 3: It is out there.
Speaker 1: I forgot twenty twenty by one. You know, just so much out there. Oh, I got one. You can't find anywhere. I have to go to like air condition people to get it. I can't just walk in the store and get It's tough job. You got to find where the filter is. Thirty Having used the flashlight function of my iPhone to help me, it's all about you. Just like now, this is handy. I don't use those because it's kind of like, you know, email, I like to have a flashlight. Yeah, And of course, even though my phone's got a flashlight, when you hold it, it holds awkwardly. I got to have the real deal. I don't know if y'all like me.
Speaker 5: Even after I've done something like that, I have to announce it as I walk through the room to Terry.
Speaker 1: Of course I do taking the dirty filter out. I could taken it out, just finish changing it. I tell Sherry all the time. You know, you remind me. I did something handy on Father's Day. Oh, it's actually the Saturday before Father's diad. I went out to the grill handle a little loose. That's a baby. We got to lose handle hill on the grill. I'm on it.
Speaker 2: And security doesn't need to be brought into that at all.
Speaker 1: Actually, Rick, And what I did is I made sure it wasn't hot. I said that before it gets hot. I said, oh, let me turn it down because I'm preheating, because I need to take care of this. And actually I took the handle very loose, dangerous, and I lifted it up and I reached up under there, and I realized that that the bolt had a loose nut on it. Oh, and I went righty, righty, righty, righty ready, righty, righty, righty righty, And then it's fine, righty.
Speaker 2: Ready, righty lefty ty.
Speaker 1: Now you know how we have fun with you about the handy stuff?
Speaker 8: Do you?
Speaker 1: And changing out the front of me is so easy? I thought to myself, See, Rick would think this is handy. That's that is handy. Did did did something?
Speaker 8: Need?
Speaker 2: Would?
Speaker 1: Would that air conditioning unit work like it was supposed to do with a dirty filter? It was? Right, can't breathe. That's called maintenance, and right, I think I think.
Speaker 7: Normal maintenance, though especially incredible, incredibly basic maintenance like that is that doesn't fall in handy.
Speaker 2: No, like Greg, But that's I'm not. I'm not. That's not an answer you're saying, just do it.
Speaker 1: Yes, like Greg yesterday he kind of was handy around the house. He put mulch out boy, and hey, that's just miserable. You know your that is that's punishment. Yeah, it's like looks like you're struggling. Yeah, he he did this. Oh no, you don't know you do it? I do that when you And keep in mind, guys, I'm doing all this with a rotator cuff. It's injured. Oh there you go a lot, just righty, righty, righty, rabbit. You can get tennis elbow doing that. Your back gets hurt, and I see it major little heel today. Your not hurt, little sore, but you got muscles. You're making noise and you don't know it. I do that anyway? How much? How much different? How much molch twenty bags finished? Why didn't you finish it because I ran out?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 1: I bet you put I bet you put that out real, Nate, you.
Speaker 2: Get deliver pick them up, Greg delivery, or pick them up?
Speaker 1: Pick them up?
Speaker 2: WHOA, So you had to load it? They help you loaded?
Speaker 1: Loaded?
Speaker 3: How much?
Speaker 1: How much? Tell you how many pounds a bag? I don't know? You know know it didn't say pretty heavy? Yeah? Now did it say on on the bag? Pretty heavy?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Ok, if you were a dishonest person, they don't even check. Nobody comes out there and like her, are you getting to ride them out? They don't even look.
Speaker 5: I've never encountered one person back it up the honor system. Throw them in there and then walk in there and give them a number.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, you take a picture of the Barcoe going there and just say you can go. You have check out with it. Put it this way. If it wasn't for the moral part of it, I'm saying that ahead of time. If it wasn't for the moral part of it. Speedy would take much and go would Hey, yeah.
Speaker 8: You would.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't do it because that'd be a more every trip. He would add a couple. Yeah, he wouldn't just do it like I went the whole load, like if he paid for twenty twenty three.
Speaker 2: Greg, that's not me. He's brought this up.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't do that because it's immoral. But I'm saying, they come out old man here putting stuff out of You have no convictions, and you could get three fee. I said, if I said if you didn't have any convictions, you do have a conviction, right, you wouldn't.
Speaker 3: Do that us.
Speaker 1: They're probably watching. You don't even know it. You don't speak to coworkers at church, but you're pretty solid man. No, I'm telling they've never I've never encountered anything. Probably a camer on, and you don't know it. I am looking at it. I don't know. I went in and went through self check your license plate number and said, hey, I went through self check out and paid for it.
Speaker 2: Ever since my criminal past of us, we know about you and that key chain.
Speaker 7: I go above and beyond to make sure that people are scanning all my stuff I'm like, hey, who whoa, y'all forgot one rover here.
Speaker 1: I frankly, you've paid your debt to society and you're continuing right.
Speaker 7: And I'm sure I'm trying to, you know, make a new start, fresh star. And for some reason, if I have an opportunity to, I'll say my soul ain't worth that, and like point to the bag of mult or whatever and get a laugh from people around me.
Speaker 1: You'll say your soul ain't worth that. That's how you declar you're not gonna steal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and my soul is word more than that bag of multa and they'll get it. I'll get a laugh. People love it.
Speaker 7: Also told the lady. Also told the lady that she had a break light out yesterday. She was like, thank you, sir in the weird van.
Speaker 2: To talk to women now, only if they need it.
Speaker 3: I try not to.
Speaker 2: I don't try to just spark up a conversation. I'm not honest on the trow in public in the last week.
Speaker 7: I don't want to talk to women. I really, I'm being real here, okay, but if they need it, good news.
Speaker 1: I don't think they're over excited about talking to you.
Speaker 2: They don't want to talk to me either. You coming either, creepy, creepy, take my money, just go away, don't hurt me. So I figured out that I pulled up next to old lady. Her break light was out, and I.
Speaker 3: Figured out I got to point back.
Speaker 2: Wow, I rolled down my window and I pointed back to her car that way.
Speaker 7: She knew I wasn't because if you just say roll your window down, if you point down, yeah, if you point down and like say roll your window down, they think you maybe just want to like shout it up.
Speaker 2: With the line like I'm a creep you know, point back.
Speaker 3: Well, you were.
Speaker 1: You were in a black van, pointing towards the back of the van.
Speaker 2: Toward the back of her car. Look, thank you, sir, thank you, grown man, Thank you sir. She said that you grown man. I said, you're welcome, man, get in the back of the van now.
Speaker 1: So tall was pointing in my car. Hey, by the way, take the nation. Come on, somebody through something out there about you know, the the lint vent and the drier. I mean, I do that maintenance every week. That's me bragging. I don't want to start talking about like every day I've done something handy.
Speaker 7: Wait, are you talking about the one that you have to like unscrew and the one in the back? Are you talking about the normal one and the normal one in the front.
Speaker 2: You do that every load. Everybody knows that.
Speaker 1: But I reach in there with the hurt shoulder and pull it put it back. That is not man, I'll say sharing drivers.
Speaker 2: Ready, Okay, hey putting the pot in the dishwasher?
Speaker 1: What do you how do you view that?
Speaker 2: What do you consider that?
Speaker 1: That's women's work, that's gregor rickburgesshow dot com?
Speaker 2: I think everything you've mentioned is all in that same category.
Speaker 7: Rick, I'm sorry, is helping handyman's in It's like me helping ladies at the intersection.
Speaker 2: They don't really care for him. Who does quality control?
Speaker 1: And you're putting out mulch Lisa.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is the Rick Burgess show.
Speaker 1: You think about. I did forget one thing. I thought about you.
Speaker 5: The clippers out and clipped the bushes around the outside unit in the backyard. I made sure they were cut back far enough, and so I thought about you.
Speaker 1: Well, you basically repaired the union. Yeah, because it lot about you and then we can move on. But I did I forgot that well, we had a scary moment yesterday at our house involving handy stuff. And I told Sherry it was it was you know, it's tough stuff. Some of this stuff is dangerous. And so she came to me and she said, hey, there's there's something up with the light fixture in uh in the bathroom. And I said, we're having a problem with illumination. And that's what we say, you know, in the handy circle. And she said, uh yeah, she said, I think something's gone bad. And so I walked up to the light fixture and I looked at it. Got a stool that I could get on. I didn't think it called for my ladder and uh, I said, baby, I think oh uh oh, And she goes, what what what? I said, I just want to warn you this is doublemination two bulbs uh.
Speaker 2: And uh and so uh so I said, uh uh, I'm sad right now.
Speaker 1: This is not a onesie you need to you get I need two light bulbs, not one. Double illumination. I said. That means I'll have to have to remove two, not one. Uh, danger level a little higher. I said, let me first get up here and remove the light covering. I said, that's this. This is where this gets tough and uh, lefty, lefty, lefty, lefty and uh. And then it has the little decorative washer, that's what we call it inside the handy world. And and I pulled that off, and then I took the very dangerous glass covering, lowered it down for first first the cap lefty, lefty, lefty, and then I pull that down, hand it to Sherry. I take the washer, don't lose that. We're gonna need that. Without that, it won't be it won't be secure. And then I take down the dangerous glass part easy, easy, and I hand that down to her and I said, I said, did that. Let me remove these to light bulbs first. This is a double elimination set up. And I went up to the eliminate the illumination that had failed and screwed two of those lefty lefty left out one at a time. Don't ever try to do both. You'll drop one. Don't handed it down, honey, of you got that other stuff put down, don't lose that wash and now I'm gonna need that. You say things like that to people that aren't that handy. And then I went over to the other on the other side of a double illumination fixture, lefty lefty, lefty, lefty, and I took it out and I handed that down. Okay, and I said, are we clear she's holding a lot? I said a week. I said, be sure, be sure that switch is not on makes it extremely dangerous. And she said, no, the switch is off. I said, okay, I'll take one. Don't hand me both of them. And she had to be one light bub righty righty, righty, righty, righty, righty, righty snug. I said, I'll take another one over snug, righty, righty, righty, righty right you're right greg righty right, don't strip it stuck. We hope watch it right there. That should be plenty baby. At this time, I said, hand me back everything that I have taking apart, basically, hand me back the glass first, throw the dome, the dome, hold the dome. And I said, now this is where it gets tricky. I've got to hold the dome in place with my left hand. Hand me the washer. So now you've got to get the washer part on the decorative washer, and you've got to Now you've got to hold the glass part and the washer while you're waiting for the cap. How do you do that with your shoulder? It wasn't easy. And I did that with the left and I said, hand me the cap and I said, let me line this up. I said, now this is where it's crew. You've got to make sure it's lined up. Baby, don't just throw it pair recklessly. If I'm ever not here, righty righty, righty, righty, righty, righty righty, you may now throw the switch. Illumination fixed. Yep. Wow, I don't know how.
Speaker 2: You did that.
Speaker 1: That one was a little You got that globe off. That was and you did it right right there in front of her too. She saw it. Well, that explained all the attention I got later. But uh so it was, uh it was something to behold. And at this point of course I'd come out of work clothes and you know, I had my have my handy shorts on and a T shirt. You okay, baby, brother, he's something. Having started video where people can video exaid, I'm doing it. We can help others.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 2: He's been known for I don't know my stomachers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did do it injury too. Thank you for noticing that, Tennessee. So he have you ever seen anybody bounce back. I don't know if you ever got back to where he was quite like Jimmy Swagger. You know when when when Jimmy Swagger had a pretty good heel to climb there, when he had a downfall, you were like, Okay, he's got an uphill climb. Yeah, but I noticed at one point it looks like he has like our head, has his own cable channel. Yeah. I couldn't figure out looking at replays. Yeah, now it looks like it's is it nothing but Swaggert's I see I see sun swaggered on there and a lot of singing. Yeah, it's some cable channel that seems to be it's nothing but Swagger. It's twenty four seven, Well, America's longest running I didn't know that TV evangelists. I thought he had passed. I'm sorry, Jimmy Swaggert is in critical condition. Well you may, you may get you may be no Already, Greg and I talked about this earlier. I told to you, well, I had thought he had passed. I'm sorry. I wouldn't sure right now, so you'd ask me, Jimmy Swaggert is in critical condition. I hate that after a cardiac episode, said it was during a Sunday service Swaggert's son, So that's Donnie. You know, I see him a lot, asked the congregation to pray for his dad. That's saying only a miracle could extend his father's life at this point, and he asked him that on Father's Day. So apparently this has been a massive cardiac event. But you know he's still how old he is? It saying here how old he is? By the way, the scandal was eighty seven was wow. So according to this.
Speaker 2: Article, he's ninety right now?
Speaker 1: Man, okay, wow. You know they don't have his age in this article. That seems odd.
Speaker 2: He was born in nineteen thirty five, so.
Speaker 1: Jimmy Swaggert apparently clinging to earthly life. So but you know, it seemed like that he was able to be restored and came back and did a lot of ministry after after that. Do you remember the big repentance, the big thing on TV when he was crying about that squalling Greg That was yeah, he did, but that maybe that was the signs of a repentant heart. We'll be back Mary. Oh, yeah, I remember it. I can see it right now. I got it.
Speaker 3: I got it.
Speaker 1: So uh ToIP of the hour coming up next hour, we're gonna we're going to go live from Israel. So be with us for that. This Matthew Perry thing, speeding and I were just talking about this in the break, So I did not know. I mean, I knew he had, you know, drug and alcohol problems. I didn't know that the doctor that was providing Am I saying this right? Is that ketamine? Is that how you pronounce it? Key? Is it mean? Okay? Ketamine to Matthew. Matthew Perry in the month leading up to his death is going to plead guilty to multiple charges, according to documents that have been obtained by Fox News Digital. So Carrie's a sentence. Maximum sentence doesn't mean that's what he's going to get. But the maximum sentence forty years in prison on four counts of distribution of ketamine. H interesting development in that. So they they have I didn't realize they arrested five people after Matthew Perry died and charged them with multiple counts and connection to his death. Did you, I mean, I guess, I don't know. I didn't realize. You know, you certainly want to hold people accountable who you know, when someone has drug addictions or alcohol addictions and they're they're not helping. They become part of the problem. But I didn't realize it was to this level. They were bringing it in him paying them cash mm hm. And so what is ketamine?
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 1: Uh? Is it is this?
Speaker 7: It is medically used medically for anesthesia, anesthesia, that's hard for me to say, depression, pain management. But I know that there's a lot of celebrities that are like almost using it recreational, recreationally Michael Jackson.
Speaker 1: This is not the Michael Jackson kind of stuff, is it where that.
Speaker 7: Hates it's also hallucinogenic, like it makes you it makes you freak out or you know, it impacts your perception of reality.
Speaker 2: And they evidently it's called special.
Speaker 1: K And I have heard that.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 7: I have heard that there Okay, yeah, that's that was Yes, it was not and it is it's being used a lot by recreational drug users.
Speaker 1: Wow. Okay, So so there you go. And uh and when I see this headline, SHARE's son, So is the only son she has, the ones she had with Greg Almond. She didn't have any other kids other than you know Greg. I know you've been well other than Chaz, I believe that's it. Which is that to me, that's an unofficial son. But but living as a son, but living as a son. But Greg Almond and Cher had a son, and that's who this is. Yes, has been hospitalized. There we go with drugs again for a raticrat uh and and drugs found in the residence of where the he lived. So that's that's not good.
Speaker 2: And to see this guy's physical.
Speaker 7: Appearance fall off, it just it just shows you how drugs just absolutely ravage you and take everything.
Speaker 1: Oh just for the life right out or sporadic behavior.
Speaker 5: That's that's the kind of a kind of way of saying, acting a full just losing your mind, going nuts, Yeah.
Speaker 1: All over the road, and like talked about a lot of these drugs make you know that you leave all reality. Yeah, it would explain why the left you can't seem to find it, I guess, but but yeah, but that's yeah, So that's sad. But you know, I saw Greg Almond it's been a while, you know the show on Access yeah TV interview Dan, Yeah, struggling, he struggles dance. Dan's a little a little old for these interviews, but I find the interview content and the guests to be intriguing. Uh. And I don't know when they were firmmed. I know they're not. I don't think they have any current ones. But I don't either. I'm not sure Dan rather, like you said, he's doing new ones. Yeah, but they have so many. Maybe he is, I don't think so. But I saw him interview Greg Almond. And you know, we've said this a long time on the air, back through the three decades of doing Rick and Bubba. When somebody seems to keep having a problem and the only constant is that person. There's a lot of other people rolling through, but you've been the constant. And Dan rather basically took Greg Almond to task a little bit. It wasn't mean about it, but he said, now, how many times have you been married? And I can't remember the number? Was it seven? It's five, five to seven somewhere in there, And and he was asking him about, you know, what seems to be the problem, why can't you stay married? And ultimately Gregan said, Almond said, well it has to be me. I mean, you know there's all these and they he said, well, you're most you know, the one that most people knows when you married Cher. And he said, well, now that one, he said, you know, I'm from Georgia, and he said, and you know, Cher wanted us to live in Beverly Hills. And he's like, I can't, I can't live in Beverly Hills. And she had no interest to go to Georgia and live, you know, in small towns and whatever, so that that became a bone of contention. And he basically said, I just ain't gonna live in Beverly Hills. So that was it. But then he and then he said, which, guys, We've talked about this one a little bit, but you got to know this. You know, it sounds unfortunately it was a very immature answer. He said, all these women seem to fall in love with me because of the way I am, and then I marry them and they keep telling me, now, I can't be the way I am and uh. And he said, so I'm gonna be the way I am. And I thought, well, that way, that way to be giving.
Speaker 3: H but but.
Speaker 2: Where to be on everybody?
Speaker 1: The bottom line is he's like, I'm gonna do what I want to do and the way I do it. And if you want to go along with that. We can stay married. If you don't, then I use the end of them. So, but he did acknowledge that it was him. He said it must be me and and so that was kind of yeah, but it was. But when he said that about the share thing, that was interesting. You know, when you have a celebrity marriage like that. He was like, I didn't even think about that. You know, me the Greg Almond of the Alman Brothers from Georgia that I'm going to be living in Beverly Hills.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so I guess you got to add where we want to live to the Yeah, probably some god religion, children, all the money, where you want to live?
Speaker 1: No, you brought up one in us dealing with this conflict right now. It's always interesting when someone like is uh, you know, they they they make the claim and I don't know what Jesus said, we'll see of being a Christian and then they'll marry someone who's like a Muslim. And they said, hey, this has really been a problem. Yeah, I bet it is.
Speaker 2: You know, some friction.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like h he wants our kids raised his Muslim. I want them Raisist Christian. Y'all never thought about that that would y'all didn't think about that? And then the whole that, the whole dating process. I bet that is a biggie uh so, yeah, stuff like that, like did of course, you know, probably sharing Greg Almond never ever thought about anything other than we're in Lovelets get married. I love you, yeah, I love you yeah. And then and then before you know it, you want to live in Beverly Hills. Grant you that shock you?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Do you want kids? Will they be allowed to eat bacon?
Speaker 1: Like? What do you?
Speaker 2: What do you think about that?
Speaker 1: Right? We'll come back lie from Israel, Nick, us all across America. Our eyes are focused and there have been many many times on the Middle East, and of course usually Israel, the center of the universe. Uh So we back in the Rick and Bubby years, we introduced you to an organization called my O's Israel and h we we actually have Shannie Ferguson, who is here with us today to update us from Israel. Welcome to the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 10: Thanks for having me, Rick.
Speaker 1: Well, uh, here here we are again. I know, I know if you're going to live in Israel, you know this. This comes with it those of us that have a biblical worldview, and certainly you and your husband, Kobe do. We've talked with Kobe many times on the show. We realize that this is part of it, but it doesn't make it any less scary or any less serious. So can you just kind I'm just gonna kind of give you the platform. Can you give the people of America just kind of an update on where we are right now in Israel? And then then I want to get to the things that we can help with.
Speaker 4: For sure.
Speaker 10: There's, honestly, there's so much to say, so I will try to summarize where we are today. I think the number one question that we've been getting from overseas is why did Israel attack now? And it seems like it's out of the blue for a lot of people because people aren't following what's going on here. But you know, today is actually fifteen years to the day that the stucksnet virus was discovered and took out a significant part of Iran's nuclear program. That was a virus that we installed, didn't admit it till much much later. We worked with the US to do it, and that was essentially our peaceful attempt at shutting down the nuclear program. Which they have said over and over that they're doing it specifically because they want to wipe us off the map, and that didn't work. So that was fifteen years ago. And now we understood, through intelligence that we've been building for decades, that they were very very close. They were weeks away potentially from a nuclear bomb. And if you can see what they've done ever since we did a preemptive strike, you know, several days ago feels like forever ago. It was only five days ago. They've been firing on our civilian population on purpose. Tel Aviv is tel Aviv metropolitan areas about half of our country's population, so they know what they're doing. It doesn't matter to them that there's Arabs there, that there's Jews there, that there's foreigners there, that the US embassy building before they moved it to Jerusalem is there. So they don't care. And if they had nukes right now, they would be using those nukes. And so there was no other option other than to go in and do this. I know the world doesn't necessarily appreciate it, but they will thank us eventually for it. I will also say that we're not trying to topple the government. What we've gone in is taken out military, military people and nuclear scientists, and so people saying that we're targeting civilians over there is not correct. Hamani, who is their supreme leader. That is something the Iranians are going to have to decide to do, because this is something that also a lot of people in the westone understand. You can't just topple a government in the Middle East and expect things to go well. This isn't a Hollywood movie. You create a vacuum, you can have a guy who's even worse step in, and so that's not something we're looking to do. We're looking to get rid of the threat of people who want to nucas, who have said they want to nucas, who have spent tens of billions of dollars creating bombs so that they could nuke us, and that's what we're trying to get rid of.
Speaker 1: It's been.
Speaker 10: Miraculous the level of success that we've had. I've got some of my staff have been called up in the military for this round. I've got staff that have been in the wars since October seventh happened, and they've been in the Air Force and they've been out in the field and they've gone into Gaza, and we've got spouses of our staff members, so we're very very much involved in what's happening on the ground. And there's a lot of amazing stuff I can't share. My daughter's also in the military. She's up with the Iron Dome and it's very very dangerous, but we're very proud of what they're doing.
Speaker 1: So Trump and Rubio f the G seven early everyone in America says, this means something else is about to happen. I know, you probably can't comment on that. Is there anything you can say about that?
Speaker 10: The only thing I can say publicly is that China has also asked that their civilians citizens leave the country. The only way you can leave the country right now is by boat or by cab if you want to go through Jordan and Egypt. Yeah, that's about That's about as far as as I can go. So, but I do it's been very entertaining to watch the kind of media game that the US has been playing with Israel, and so for some people who are just flaring up every time Trump says this, and Trump says that, and Ruby is saying this, and why are they you know, contradicting each other. Just enjoy the noise and just watch the show because the one thing that I can tell you is that Israel will be here at the end of the story. It is very painful what we're going through right now. I have friends who who's we've lost apartment from the bombings that have been going on the last few days. It's definitely a threat. I have teenage kids who are very restless and they want to go out and you know, not sitting bomb shelters all day long. But it's it's definitely something that we are going into a knowing that we will win, because that's staying alive apparently is something that Jews have done very well over the centuries.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes you have. And so what are some things that America can do? I know we have Israel needs me dot Com and and you know, we those of us, especially followers of Christ, we stand with Israel and others may for for other reasons. But what are things that we can do well?
Speaker 10: I definitely, first of all, very much appreciate how much Christians have gotten behind Israel during this war. I think if you're in that community of Christians who really understand why they need to be supporting is on a moral level and a religious level and a spiritual level. That's incredible. I think they have a hard time understanding why there's other Christians who are incredibly against Israel and see it as they're calling to somehow support the Palestinians or cause or whatever. I would encourage therefore, for people to use their voice to be as loud as they can. I know it feels sometimes like your little voice and your little circle of people. It matters your people at work, the people at church. There's pastors that literally have no idea why Israel's relevant. And you know one thing that I would say, I woke up this morning and I saw these videos that were coming out of Gaza, and it made me so sad because essentially, because all the attention is now in Iran, Gazen's feel like, you know, they need to do more acting, and so they have these fake videos they put out and they're screaming massacre and whatever. And it just made me sad because I was thinking, all the support that the world is giving is enabling this indoctrination that you need to be a victim in order for people to care about you, when nothing is bad coming out of Gaza. Nobody cares what's happening to them, which is why I say israelis care more about Gaza's than all these pro Palestinians together. But obviously the Israel needs me is the war efforts that we've been doing, the people that are homeless. There's hundreds of people that are homeless, there's people that are wounded, there's buildings that have been destroyed, and people aren't going to have a place to live for months, if not years coming ahead. So it definitely I think one of the things that we want to offer first of all to Christians is the voice that the inside that we can give from the country. This is what's happening on the ground where an organization's been here fifty years. We have the best financial scores you can possibly get, because that's important to us that people trust us and that what we do matters. And yeah, really the people overseas are our voice. We can only do so much here. We can't even fly out right now, but you matters.
Speaker 1: That's what I would say, Israel needs me dot Com. All the information you need is there, and Shannie, thank you for taking time to update us. I know you have your hands full. Know that you are all being prayed over. Uh there there, and I know that's that's one of the most important things we can do because of the power of prayer. We we know those of us that, as you said, that have sound theology, and we understand the word of God. Israel's not going anywhere, and always be at peace knowing that. Now sometimes God allows things in that process that are not pleasant, but at the end, Israel will be standing against all who oppose her. So thank you for the update. We appreciate it very much. And thanks Rick and tell Kobe we said.
Speaker 10: Hello, Oh well, he loves listening to you guys every day.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much. Israel needs me dot Com. All the information is there. There's your update from inside of Israel and something big is coming. Uh, so being prayer about that. We'll be right back. So Adler had to go. Adler, I didn't even want to discuss this, y'all. Y'all just I didn't even want to discuss it because it's one of my favorite bands.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: And then yeah, well now I can't. I can't get into the horrible details. And of course you don't know what's true and not true. And we need to stay in that vein. But you know, we were coming off the Michael Tait thing, you know, with news with Newsboys, and you know, formerly with with d C Talk. And you know, the reason one of the main reasons that d C Talk has never had a successful reunion is they can't get all all of them on the same page. And I will say this, I know Toby Mack as an acquaintance, not as a close friend, but certainly we have talked away from the show and spent time together, and both of us have have had to bury sons and and that's that's opened up some conversations when the two of us. He was there for me and and I told him that I would I would always be there for him when he went through it.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: But I don't know Michael Tate well other than he made an appearance and we took the interviewed him a couple of times on the show. Uh, in the Rick and Bubby years. Never have I met the other DC Talk guy. And he seems to be really a strange bird. But one thing, you know, Michael Tate, I ran I had a string of probably maybe three or four concerts where I am ceed different events and they were the newsboys. They were a big part of each ticket, and so I got to hang out with him, always a nice time. He was extremely kind.
Speaker 2: H he was very very nice. Don't look at anyone.
Speaker 5: I mean, it wasn't It wasn't an in depth it was just backstage how you do and you know, very very cordial. It wasn't like we Does it feel a little different together? Does that feel at different?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: It does it does. I'm not no seed. If you look speedy, guys, I said he was nice to me. I didn't say that we went to dinner.
Speaker 2: I mean that we did.
Speaker 1: It was a green room. We did eat together. That's good. Did he spend a lot of time with you? Yeah, at times he did. He did, and he was very he was very kind. That's why this news was it hurt. That's that's tough. Well, you don't see anybody. No, it's horrible. It's terrible. All the confusion that causes. Yeah, uh but you two or something. So nobody I did nobody sleep for an hour. You perked up, said anything trying to say a bit of a magnet. But nobody says anything. None of us have said live but the so then in the other d C Talk guy. He's so strange.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: I think he was the reason they busted up the first time. You're talking about Kevin Max, Kevin Mack, what a weirdo. So so then, so that's why that's never happened, because Toby seems to carry himself with a certain amount of spiritual integrity. If he didn't feel like everybody's got their act together, he will do it, and which is why the band broke up to begin with. But anyway, what I stumble?
Speaker 3: What if I fall?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 1: But anyway, so, now, just when I was reading from that need to breathe, Now, I.
Speaker 5: Didn't know about this, y'all, y'all, y'all really y'all my feelings. It's ugly discussing it. I'm a big need you g l y.
Speaker 1: So I didn't realize that there were two brothers in the band. I mean, I didn't know that, but I didn't realize the younger brother left the band in twenty twenty. Obviously had some drinking issues, he said himself, And it's not me doing rumors. He said publicly that he's an alcoholic. But then when I started reading that, and he was, you know, since he'd been out of the band for five years. I thought, well, you know he's coming forward. Good for him, hope he's getting his that together. And then it just kept on going. Yeah, and then he started making out of gations against his own brother from this terrible things.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you've got you've got Bow is the older brother, and excuse me, Bear is the older brother, and Bo is the younger brother. I did not know that Bo had not been in the band for five years. I actually I interviewed these guys when I back when I was a hot rock and DJ and actually was trying to b spent some time with them several times, h and they were always incredibly kind guys. They have had some lineup changes throughout and man, it's just sad to see these guys going through this.
Speaker 1: Well, when he talked about and you said, the older brother has says, well, yeah, both of us unfortunately were abused by counselor when we were young. But now the younger brothers pulling the younger brother in saying that he abused him too. Yeah, and the older brother, by the way, is denying that, saying, hey, man, the other stuff went on, but I don't know why he's pulling.
Speaker 7: Me in this and I did not want want to address this publicly, but just for my family's sake, I do need to address these things that were said. And that's why I'm even commenting on this. I want to repair my relationship with my brother. Is what Bear said about his younger brother BeO right.
Speaker 1: Well, I think sometimes when someone first of all, it is and I don't know what happened, and I don't pretend to know. We're only saying the things that have been made public. Okay, that's all we need to talk about. But I do know if somebody has trouble with any of those things, alcohol, drugs that make you, that affect your mind, and maybe we know that they'll cause you not to think clearly if you have that problem, and you've acknowledged that publicly. That's not my accusation. You said that then some of your recollection and some of your comments on other things. I'm always it's always suspect to me, you know, because if you've ever been around drug addicts and alcohol alcoholics, they don't always get everything right because they drift in and out of reality, you know. So, and I don't know what happened. I have no idea, but I just hated these two stories came out back to back. And you know, of course this happens anytime that you rightfully so you put Jesus' label on what you're doing. Sooner or later, these things are going to come to the service if they're going on, you know, and that doesn't mean you should question. But remember this goes back to what we said back when the Michael Tate thing came out. Say I got the same answer. Focus on the truth of what scripture is saying. If these songs are scripturally sound and they're being sung correctly, then focus on the perfection of what the songs are about, not the people who are singing them, because the other will always let you down. We're all imperfect people, but some of this stuff is beyond Hey, I had a rough time a rough days.
Speaker 2: It's tough to see.
Speaker 1: And I think sometimes when this Christian music gets starts getting so big that you're packing arenas and things like that, man, that's always that's a tough tough place to be. Human beings usually don't handle that very well, so and kudos to those that do. But you know, this is this is unfortunately not all that surprising. These things happen now. Some allegations are surprising, but just the trouble amongst people and Christian bands is sadly nothing new.
Speaker 7: And speaking of packing stadiums, out Bear from Need to Breathe is now touring as the name Wilder Woods and he's opening up for Red Clay Strays on their upcoming tour.
Speaker 1: Did not know this top of the hour, Well, the gang is all here, and so are the vox seats there they are settling in for another hour. Two of them will awkwardly play each other and the birdgess ball battle. Could the will produce a bundle? Could it produce just a bit? They have to enjoy but secretly or disappointed our will it produced bucks straight cash homie. So we'll see what happens a little bit later on the program. But welcome to all of you. Think enjoy the rest of the show. Still in the vapors of Father's Day, I know Greg has shut it down that we can't speak of Father's Day anymore because we're now two days from it. Well, let's move on. But there was a few things Adlers sort of excited about this This is it a video and or what exactly is this? You have something here.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I just recorded a special just recorded a special video message for my dad.
Speaker 2: You know I did you a get a little bit emotional? Sure, but do you guys want this special video message that I've recorded? Yeps is definitely me.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's have a look here.
Speaker 2: I am talking about my dad.
Speaker 9: When I think about being a dad, I think about him because of what my dad meant to me.
Speaker 1: You look like Tom Brady. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I know I'm not as good as dad to my kids that my dad's been to me.
Speaker 9: Greg and I use them as my example as to how to keep a family together and to care and to support and to love.
Speaker 11: And we want our kids to be happy. I want them to be respectful of people. I want them to be kind. I want to make the world a better place. Boy, I think maybe what I'd wish for my children is to find something they really love to do like I have. But I think I've taken it to an extreme too. You know, there are imbalances in my life.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 1: I hope they don't take things.
Speaker 11: As far as I've taken them.
Speaker 1: Look at.
Speaker 3: I had a boat.
Speaker 11: I want them to experience great success in whatever they do. But there's a torment about me that I don't wish upon them.
Speaker 1: That that was. Okay, I love your dad, you okay, I love you Ruby, all.
Speaker 2: Right, I love you.
Speaker 1: I didn't know y'all were Patriot fans.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'll never forget when we took the boat out into Miami Bay.
Speaker 1: That's a family and Giselle.
Speaker 2: I mean Aaron's was standing next to me, voices y'all, how crazy is that?
Speaker 1: Tom Brady?
Speaker 2: My goodness, just Tom Brady letting it fly.
Speaker 1: I remember, Tom Brady, how good was that? Though?
Speaker 3: I thought that was good, that was.
Speaker 1: Slinging's not here, Bud great.
Speaker 2: I wish you had a heart.
Speaker 1: I remember. I'm trying to remember. I think my dad, you know, chose his work over my mama too, just like I did. Just trying to reflect it. Yeah, don't you know his dad's like, wait a minute, don't pull me into this stuff.
Speaker 2: Did uh so?
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, okay?
Speaker 7: Unexpecting that, but no, no, I know I'm not as good a dad to my kids that my dad's been to me. That's a hard sentence to say. I never want to you know what I'm saying. I never want to say that for you. I know, No, that's not I can get Tom Brady to say it for me. I'm just saying, when it comes to living your life and a life of regret, I would much rather not say that sentence than have all the Super Bowl rings.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: He got, he got, he got, his priorities messed up. He messed that. Seven is a lot. Seven at a lot.
Speaker 1: A lot you can take you. You've got a lot of ways you can over come to trauma you put on your kids. But every day I am trying to be No, it's not the right thing.
Speaker 3: You can leave.
Speaker 1: Each one of them won of the ring.
Speaker 2: Here's a ring for you, So yeah, I still have some left twenty left over?
Speaker 1: Wow, remember none of your childhood. But he hears a ring, which one are you? Yeah? I know visiting mom is rough, but Dad decided to pick one more worthless. Year of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers over your mom.
Speaker 2: A new boyfriend, and I trash them all the time.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe if I had won another championship. Maybe, but we didn't. We didn't make it to the SUPERO.
Speaker 2: That is not where I want to be in life.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 2: Priorities, Greg, you wouldn't know about it, Okay, you wouldn't know about priorities. Family.
Speaker 1: You can get Aaron Rodgers away in on it. Yeah, can you imagine Aaron Rodgers? We want you to do what. I don't know what you're talking about it. Yeah, I spoke my dad in years.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, speaking of dads, did y'all see the dad Dude the dad life wrap?
Speaker 1: You know, wear you on this kind of thing. Greg, I know you're you're gonna hate. He's secondhand embarrassment on you slightly if it's if it's well done, though, I'm fine. It looks like trouble.
Speaker 2: This is one of the better ones, one of the better This is one of the better ones.
Speaker 1: Okay, I's to get want to hear it. We're fine, Okay, he's taking care, he said on a new record.
Speaker 7: We haven't had an issue in a long time. As long as we don't play the Eagles, we should be fine.
Speaker 2: My goodness. Don Henley, Oh, Don.
Speaker 1: Henley, he's he's always looking for then, got a lot of wives. All right, here we go.
Speaker 2: Here's this is for you. Greg, make fun of this.
Speaker 3: He will, he will.
Speaker 12: Chickley still rocking the tops, tall socks and cross got some great and the go call.
Speaker 1: Me Silver Fox got that port on Middle's baby steaks on the weather ten years later looking beta that ever, I'm a.
Speaker 7: Middle classing it comes to saving money, I'm a plus Tata boy.
Speaker 2: Then I can grip on that dumbostat and from leading the house, I'm gonna creak it.
Speaker 1: Up to eighty.
Speaker 12: I don't spend the time on those name brands. Spent the last ten years in the same pants' hit that meal plan. You know, I'm saving the punch proud, begging for the fam every day.
Speaker 2: For lunch, sit what honey, dude list and a honey done. I can flip my half back in a half days.
Speaker 12: I'm in the zone.
Speaker 3: I'm on my grind and I only had to use you to four time.
Speaker 1: Tad Life, Dad Life, button down, plaid Life.
Speaker 2: What you know about Dad Burger flipping Dad Life, telling chokes.
Speaker 1: Diet coach.
Speaker 3: It ain't a bad life.
Speaker 2: It's a dad life introduction.
Speaker 1: There you go, Okay, it's not bad.
Speaker 2: You don't care about the new dad Life dad like that was?
Speaker 1: That was all great? What you think should done yesterday? But yes, well we didn't have it.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, Greg, we're celebrating fathers year round, right.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute. That's what you took from it. Should have had it yesterday. Well, I'm just saying, how'd you do speaty on second hand? Embarrassed? I was fine with it. Okay, it was okay, it wasn't bad.
Speaker 2: What Craig you said it wasn't bad? Then you said stupid you We we can hear you whisper. You're bad at whispering.
Speaker 1: If you ever. He's an easy target. Today he met little man sleep because he had to put mulch out yesterday. Uh, he came in with a little ill. Yeah.
Speaker 5: If you want him to like interact on anything, it has to be in his will house. But if you want to get him going, he's ready. You want if you want to get a rant.
Speaker 1: He'd has no filter today. Sure he's ready to get He come here a little bit of like to got like they got in over his head with me wanting to know.
Speaker 2: Again somebody brought some doughnuts.
Speaker 1: I get him out of some peanut butter cast role I've never seen it looks good.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 1: At one point, like he's gonna take the bull by the horn. You know what happens in that's he's going to give them anything. Yes, I don't know why you're only but I tell you what he's doing. I know what he's doing. Push push, He's trying to get something. If y'all want to do some keep doing father today stuff. We can do it to the end of the week.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 2: Another thing we should have had yesterday. Y'all see at the US Open, JJ Spawn's big win.
Speaker 3: Yeah we did well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, today we saw it.
Speaker 2: You had some He had some dad stuff to deal with too. We can cover that a day. We can cover that a day late right after this for you.
Speaker 1: Come on, man, is the Rick Burgess show, speedy. I don't know that Greg and I and he's in a mood today. I don't know what you're talking. And this listen the mood he's in. You mean to tell me in the mood he's in, you're gonna try to do some sports update sports man, I can't crank him up and get him going.
Speaker 2: We can talk us open JJ spawn being a dad.
Speaker 1: Uh well about update Dad. It's not JJ spin, it's not James Span Greg James yea. By the way, why is James Son madaddim? Yeah? What was he mad about? So this is me If y'all don't know.
Speaker 5: This is me trying to educate the Burgess brothers and sports nobody cares about.
Speaker 1: He'll ask us about it. Sports stories we don't care about. But should no people care?
Speaker 2: Y'all morey'all don't care.
Speaker 5: There's more to life than college football and eighties rock music. And so I'm just trying to disagree. And all I'm doing is that Let's say you are I don't know, out in public. You're you're walking through Walmart, Greg trying to find some more mulch, and somebody comes up to you and you're just small talking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, maybe you can bring up them things and talk to him, you know, besides helps, besides how's how's the tide going to be?
Speaker 7: This?
Speaker 1: If you want to keep his attention, you better get to a seven foot five woman real quick. Well right now, that's j J Spawn won the US Open j SPA. Yes, I have never heard of this first was that that teenager that follow You don't have to squint like you're looking in the sun. How many people know who JJ span is at? It's one went to San Diego State, he won his first I didn't known what to San Diego State. I should have remembered that, yeah, I follow everything they do. That ass tags a pretty good. Is that right? You call him first name? Well, I just said to normally you call Heart Junior Dale Devi Junior would like to know that I got an email from a member of Dell Arnhart's family. It's a huge fan of the show. Really really, we're never going to get through this if y'all keep in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're not talking about I care about like three.
Speaker 1: There's a number of the there's a number of things to get to. But anyway, so he wins.
Speaker 7: Yes, he's a son, he's a golfer, Greg, he's a golf He won the US.
Speaker 1: Buddy that that's yeah, he's on a golf course, Oakmont, big deal. Anyway, James Spen's son playing in the US. So he for you know, the Major, had four has four rounds.
Speaker 5: So he wakes up Sunday morning, it's Father's Day, all right, His wife and kids are there with him.
Speaker 1: Make fun of that. And and you would think that I wake up fourth round.
Speaker 5: I'm in the league. You know that there's a lot on my mind. But you wouldn't think he would open up the day like this. He was in a press conference and talked about the fact that one of his kids was sick and he started his day by going to CVS pharmacy trying to find something that would relieve a tummy.
Speaker 1: Yate, It's pretty funny. I mean, think about that.
Speaker 3: Here is you have that?
Speaker 2: I do, but I have it in order eleven A B.
Speaker 1: So are we going all into golf for three years?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 2: I thought we were just doing sports.
Speaker 1: Go ahead real quick, all right.
Speaker 2: So he had a huge setback. He's on number two. He'll watch what happens. He's on number two. It hits the flag pole.
Speaker 1: Watch what a good line? HiT's the flag flack stick?
Speaker 7: Flag stick rolls back sixty five yards away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wasn't good. Look at his face and he's just looking it's still rolling back.
Speaker 1: What that face is? I'm going to get that virus my daughter has. Yeah, yeah, that's terrible. Yeah, he bogied. I think out of the first six holes and he bogied five of them.
Speaker 2: Things aren't going good.
Speaker 5: But but after you see how he started, you realize what his morning was like. Yes, but this is how he capped it off. He wanted he didn't have to sink this to win. He's had to tea putt, but he actually.
Speaker 2: Want Hey see, this is all's fault that Rick and Greg.
Speaker 13: What Speedy just did is y'all's fault because you're jumping all over us and you're sitting on the jumping.
Speaker 5: All over I mean, I feel like I'm walking you around in a pool and you're on my shoulder.
Speaker 2: This is the longest put of the whole weekend, and he sinks it to win the US Open. I wish y'all care.
Speaker 1: They don't care.
Speaker 2: Still roll, they care more about it. It's still it's still rolling, and you watch it disappear, and.
Speaker 1: Then that's poor and rain. It's like the guy running with the umbrella. That's his caddy.
Speaker 2: That's his caddy.
Speaker 1: Let the rain hit him.
Speaker 7: That's his that's his keeping. Essentially, that's like his center. He's the quarterback.
Speaker 2: Does that help you know?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Well, here's his first This is.
Speaker 1: All I care about right here? Al, that was good stuff. Man, I've never heard of this guy.
Speaker 2: That's what most you don't follow.
Speaker 1: You just won his first major. I want you to be happy for starting the first name.
Speaker 2: Here's here's his dad life that morning before the us O.
Speaker 1: Your more Father's Day stuff, two days later, here we go.
Speaker 6: Well, today I was running the CVS in downtown because my daughter had a stomach bug and was vomiting all night long.
Speaker 2: So I was just like, okay, Like my wife was up at.
Speaker 10: Three a m.
Speaker 6: And she's like violence vomiting, although she can't keep anything down, and so it was kind of a rough start in the morning. I don't know, I'm not blaming that on my start, but it was just kind of like you hit the mold is going on the chaos. But my daughter always asked me every time dad goes golfing, She's like, were you the winner today? And I'm just sometimes like, yeah I was, and she's like, where's my surprise? But so today she's like, you're the winner today, Like she she got to see it, like she didn't have to ask me. So that was a really fun moment.
Speaker 2: Makes one of that Greg and.
Speaker 1: It's how soon he start throwing up too? Yeah? Oh today right, And everybody who interviewed him like we're all he wanted to give it more when he's talking about her asking him if he's the winner, they didn't give him. So I'm a fly through this.
Speaker 5: We've only got a minute and there's no way we'll get through it ready. NHL Stanley Cup Finals, Game six tonight, Florida leads three too.
Speaker 1: It's at Florida. NBA Finals last night, okay se won twenty over the Pacers. They leave the series three to the College World Series. The Arkansas pitcher throw a no hitter nineteen k's make fun of that. Great yeahrs those times, first first no hitter since nineteen sixty third, only the third in the World Series.
Speaker 3: Here's his no hitter and here yeah two, So he threw.
Speaker 1: A no hitter.
Speaker 5: He only had two three ball counts the entire game. Eighty three of one one hundred nineteen pitches were strikes, and he almost had a perfect game in the eighth. Then he was a two to two count and he accidentally hit the back foot of the batter, and so he didn't get a perfect game.
Speaker 1: Also, Caitlyn Clark returned. Y'all didn't see how she was going nuts? People say that they a love to WNBA. She came out and her first three threes were just inside half court.
Speaker 2: I mean from the logo, she's dropping bombs.
Speaker 1: This was this we should have done yesterday. It was the day before, but it's just some sports stuff y'all might need. We never got to see the seven foot five girl. Well, heck, y'all have so many questions we couldn't get hardly anything. James Fenn No, Uncle Greg has drawn two names. If I call your name, come on up. Okay, you gotta go to the Burgess ball court in seat one. It's Lindsey Jordan. Lindsey huh okay, yeah, that's sure.
Speaker 3: Here we go.
Speaker 1: What's your name, Brody?
Speaker 2: It's Brody.
Speaker 1: So it's Brody Jordan. He's gonna face Walker Gan. Let's go watch.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 1: Brody has been practicing. For those of you trying to visualize, Walker's to the left and Brody is to the right. You each have your lane. You've got thirty seconds, first twenty seconds. It counts as to the last ten seconds. It counts as three.
Speaker 3: So don't give up.
Speaker 1: We've had some folks come back and win. Okay, I hang on, I'll tell you when we gotta get it to the two players here here, here we go, there's that, there's that way and go and we're off, and we're off. We got Brody and Walker right now.
Speaker 2: Walker's up four to two.
Speaker 1: It's four to four. Now it's four four. It's four four. Now we've got Brody. He is now scoring. It's eight to four Brody over Walker. Here it's eight to four still fifteen seconds leapt sixty is ten to six six Trody over Walker, fourteen to eight, ten seconds left, it's seventeen to eleven.
Speaker 2: It's twenty three fourteen Brody over Walker.
Speaker 1: It's twenty six times.
Speaker 8: It's twenty nine to twenty three, and Brody has won. He's been Walker, all my chritious, all.
Speaker 1: All right, wow, now we illuminate the wheel. It does have money. It's bundles, which means it's some sort of prize. It's a bit, which means we must do a bit on command.
Speaker 2: Or it could be bucks.
Speaker 1: And that's the money. So here's how it's going to work. The loser has to spend first. Now, Brody once the grown man who you beat. Once he spends, you better be paying attention. You're gonna have a decision to make young man. And if you can keep the prize, he's spun for you because you're a winner. And or you can say I think I can spin, I think I can spend on my own and do better. Okay, you got to decide. Okay, all right, So and how old are you, Brody? He's twelve, and how old are you? Grown man?
Speaker 3: Thirty two?
Speaker 1: Thirty two?
Speaker 3: Live with that.
Speaker 2: The rest of the day Walker is thirty two.
Speaker 1: You should have warnd up and he was. He was practicing so much. I think the youngest we've had when is an eleven year old one one thousand dollars. Okay, so what you say is it's not will to me. It is not will to me. Yeah, and then give you to spend because oh smooth spin went with English. Yeah, went with English. I'm gonna see here, Oh this is going to hit out. Oh okay, all right, So Brody, here's the deal. That means you get to come back on another day and your vox seats are guaranteed. You don't have to go through this. I'm trying to get online. I'm waiting when Speedy gonna put them out there. You automatically have two seats to return. You can keep that or you can take another spin and see if you can do better your spin, I say. Then you say it's well to me, don't spit again. Okay, then your spind allright, Brody, go, Brody need even has a tag. He's so excited, has a tag. All right, let's see what happens here. I really hope it's something good. Somebody's going to college.
Speaker 3: Thousand.
Speaker 1: Wow, Brody has done it. Brody goes down the hart. My goodness, the horse watch.
Speaker 2: Lights share.
Speaker 1: Share. I'm I'm like Brody. Jordan Brody, Geordan Brody A thousand dollars. Brody. The first time I've ever seen somebody get more excited in the winter. I think that was his mother. I know. I mean, oh man, he'll he'll be introduced to ten ninety nine. But I mean that's all right, little little that's all right.
Speaker 2: Uh, oh boy, you got to I stepped out for a second.
Speaker 1: What happened?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's every time right. The horse a thousand bucks, a thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: So Brody, Jordan's let's talk to Brody. We got Lindsay Brody and Jonathan bring mama, lay right with them to the big boy microphone. Here, come to Jordan's here they come. Wow, it's paradise for him today. Lindsay Brody and Jonathan Jordans all make their way to the big Boy Mike. Mama, how does it feel?
Speaker 3: Oh, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: See I knew he would do a good job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's very that's fantastic. So Brody, how does it feel to win one thousand dollars? Feels pretty good? Plans for that money? Maybe? What what do you think about? You would do with one thousand dollars? A couple of new fishing rods? How about that? Beast pro I'm coming for you? For you? That's great, good Jonathan, what do you think I mean, that's just a it's gonna fais. Doesn't feel good for mom and dad to ask you if you got five bucks? So do y'all have any shout outs your questions? Since y'all now get your chance. I mean, y'all, y'all being celebrated right now. Doesn't get any better than this, see anything else? No, he he actually was one of the first kids that ever spun the wheel back in the old studio, was five years old, and so we have.
Speaker 2: He's loved the wheel ever since.
Speaker 1: Fell in love with the will the wheel when I was a little boy. And I've come in here somewhere between the boy and the man, I've spun a thousand dollars. There came fast pro. I'm coming for you, Adam, Will you get your rowbone jury? Speedy Gray, I'll join you on the jury.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: The judge has called the court to order, and this and man this the person will have to remain anonymous. So Judge, when you're ready, I'll present the case before you and and the jury. Have you got your wig on? Yes? Okay? All right?
Speaker 2: So are you begin?
Speaker 1: Okay? Are you all right? Are you ready to hear?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: This is mister Chin's first time seeing the judge in here.
Speaker 1: This okay.
Speaker 7: The hammer scares him a little bit, that's fine, okay, he just worth it for justice.
Speaker 1: I would like a ruling from Judge Eagle and the jury. You don't have to do that every time. Are you ready? Okay? How do I stay happily married and pull this off? Rule on what whether I should do this or not? My wife's a great cook, canke the best cakes and cookies I've ever tasted. However, she struggles in the realm of brownies.
Speaker 3: What weird? I love?
Speaker 2: I love a good ooey, gouey.
Speaker 1: Chewey brownie, especially right out of the oven with some Bluebell vanilla ice cream on top. Come on, here comes the problem. You're gonna it's ugly on the first line. About seven or eight years ago, I dated a girl in high school. Oh no, what she go you're reading this? She had the greatest Ma fron scratch brownie recipe ever, second to none brownie. He's done. I cried and we broke up, mainly due to the fact that I was leaving the brownies. They really were that good. Right, This recipe was her own and cannot be found on any website or any cookbook. And here comes the ruling. I need to know. No, should I or shouldn't I? My wife knows I'm not the biggest fan of her brownies because she can read like a book.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that happens to me too, you can hear you.
Speaker 1: I have recently thought about ruling please. I've thought about discreetly reaching out to my ex girlfriend no and asking for the recipe via social media, then nonchalantly presented it to my wife and requestions she make her brownies this way. Is that a good idea? I'm not worried about some old flame being lit or anything like that. It would never happen. I love my wife dearly. I just want the brownies. Do I try to get this recipe or not. How good are these brownies? He says they're the best. He's capitalized ooey, gooey delicious.
Speaker 7: I don't know, man, A lot of memories in those brownies, A lot of memories in that battery.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's a good idea. No, Greg, You're ruling is do not attempt this. Really? How many times you're gonna eat brownies? I mean, Brownie's is not like some of you cook daily. There's only certain occasions even get them? Is it worth all the the crap's gonna come with it? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Who are you gonna be thinking about when you're eating those brownies?
Speaker 1: Or you gotta act like you don't like them that much? Neither are Okay, I guess you know too much acting? Yeah, not enough joy. I'm just saying to potential. It may go smooth, too dangerous, it may go smooth, but there's potential here.
Speaker 2: The wife needs to know.
Speaker 1: I'm not I've never read those brownies. I've never eat those brownies.
Speaker 2: Your vote is no.
Speaker 1: I would say no. I just don't think it's a great idea.
Speaker 2: Sustained.
Speaker 1: No, you don't do this, No, because every time you take a bite. You're thinking about her.
Speaker 3: You don't do that.
Speaker 1: What do you do when there's some rookie don't mess with the No, you cannot do this.
Speaker 2: I tell you what you do.
Speaker 5: You get in there with your wife and y'all make brownies together and figure it out.
Speaker 2: That's hearsay.
Speaker 5: I mean you get you get a family recipe or something. I mean, I'm not the brownie maker.
Speaker 1: But is it that hard? It can't be that hard. I've made brownies of the greatest brownies ever had.
Speaker 5: If you're that hurts now and you don't want to secretly do it because then your wife's finding out.
Speaker 1: You know, you got to keep your mind in that house. You can't beg And why why is your X on your Look at these women, look at the women at social media. You're not going to actually have to meet them or anything, right, she said, no, No, I did, look at it. I'm I'm just looking at both ways. We're trying to get the gas said a minute, I'm trying to get the guys in brownie. Listen, look at the face. Look at the face of every of the two women in this room. Look at their faces. They are furious, they're mad at the thought of these brownies. Yeah, and here's one thing that list you better not like them too much. Overpowerate with Bluebell. Yeah, we're going to have we're gonna have unanimous ruling. And I'm gonna tell you why. He needs to think about what he just said about his wonderful wife. She knows me and reads me like a book. She's gonna read it. She's gonna know there's something wrong with this brownie recipe. She's gonna sense it, and you're gonna dive and she's gonna be like, Wow, you really took to those brownies. Whre did you get this recipe? And then that's going to enter into all kinds of where'd you get brownies? There are diverse enough that you can make it good enough brownie, not get the middle all that crap. Yeah, just make you on brownie, Like he said, put a lot of that ice cre Hey, watch your language in the court by all right, Sorry, Hey, let me tell you something. It won't be long out of what we're doing a podcast right now on strange encounters. You got to be careful what you're letting your house. Yes, oh yeah, you let you let that old brownie recipe come in there. And let that flame. I know, he says, the flame won't like, but he bites it in the brownies. He's gonna remember one thing, and one thing on the woman who made them.
Speaker 7: They say that memory is most closely tied to our senses. In one of those senses is smell.
Speaker 1: Thank you, buddy, I appreciate that you smell those brownies.
Speaker 2: You start thinking of all right, being back in that kitchen, his bad.
Speaker 1: Very list it looks good. Listen, I'm gonna go this far on behalf of the court, and I don't want to get I know, we got to stay in order. Yeah, have you lost your every loving mind?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Look, you're you're you're a you're too young, you're a rookie husband. This is a like you said, Speedy, a rookie idea. It's a horrible idea. It's a terrible idea. If you if you let those brownies come in that door, it's gonna turn your marriage up side now, yes it is. Then brown can't come in there. And to all wives right now, this isn't us asking. I'm not asking. Okay, I wouldn't.
Speaker 2: I would.
Speaker 1: It's like, we're not responsible for I'm not responsible for this email I won't go terrified reading some like you said their their wife slapped him in the arm because they're we're reading this story this week.
Speaker 2: This is not us.
Speaker 1: Another person sent this in. We don't have anything, No, no brownie house, are fine. I had some Terry's brownies.
Speaker 8: Sure.
Speaker 13: Yeah, he's trying to have his brownie. He's trying to have his brownie and eat it too. He is, and we we the jury double jeopardy.
Speaker 2: Brown Yeah, jeopardy.
Speaker 1: It was Father's Day weekend. I had brownies twice. So let me say this. Okay, let me say this. Let me say this, are ruling as the you know, the foreman of the jury. We rule unanimously. He should not do this, of course.
Speaker 2: Not that's right, inception nobody.
Speaker 1: That's that's how you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what, that's the law.
Speaker 1: Speeded you marvelous rookiness. I know, I can not believe he even wrote it, because what does she listen to this show? He said, don't mention my name. But she's gonna smell this just like brownies.
Speaker 2: She's gonna smell it out, all right.
Speaker 1: They know when someone else is brownies.
Speaker 2: Comes in, hey can sniff at anything.
Speaker 1: You They know, I don't know how they know, but they know you don't want anything coming in there that you're gonna have to not tell the truth about. Yeah, because she's gonna get brownies. You just ada'll be through some brander recipe in front of me. See when people get hungry, they get desperate. Yeah, we need to check on mister Chen. You've been beating that thing.
Speaker 2: Doway guilty.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Rick here from the Rick Burgers Show. Gathering here tomorrow. You never know what's going to happen. On The Rick Burgess Show, Speedy, Greg and Natlier return will break down the stories of the day. We'll chat with you America on a brand new Rick Burgess Show. You just heard the Daily Best of The Rick Burgess Show. Catch the entire show wherever you get podcasts, or watch us live and archived on YouTube. And subscribers can watch the Daily Best of The Rick Burgess Show on Blaze TV.