Speaker 1: Welcome into the Ravens Press Pass Podcast. It is Sunday, September twenty second, and the Ravens got their first win of the season at twenty eight to twenty five victory over the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Massive win for this team early in the year. And afterwards we heard from head coach John Harbaugh, but.
Speaker 2: I'm proud of the guys got the victory and we started getting ready for Buffalo.
Speaker 3: What question do you had, John, How was kind of the atmosphere in the fourth quarter when things you had that big lead and then it started doinding a little bit.
Speaker 2: I thought everybody really got locked in on trying to get the job done. Everybody understood what needed to be done. You know, we're trying to get stops and we're focusing on that. And then when we got back out trying to end the game with the offense on the field, what did.
Speaker 4: You see from Lamar Jackson on that final drive? A big throw and then run.
Speaker 2: Obviously, Yeah, I thought Lamar was just phenomenal throughout the game and then took over the last drive, and I thought the big throw at the end, the big catches at the end. You know, Zay made that huge catch. Bait Bait had a big catch. We had some big runs at the end too. We ran the ball well at the end, and uh, to finish out that way was really important, you know, to win the game on offense at the end, and that's what they got done. So that's what you want to do that in that situation. Didn't really want it to get to that situation, but it did, and they came through a.
Speaker 5: Lot of the talk all week was about offensive line. You never said definitively there would be changes, but it was brought up a couple of times. What made you stick with that group and how are you How pleased were you with how they performed that.
Speaker 2: I was pleased. I mean what made me stick with it was they were doing so well, you know, run the ball, pass protection, everything was really was really they were doing really good job of blocking. They took care of their pass rushers, especially Micah did a great job there. So I just felt like it was not no reason to make a change there. We had we had the possibility of rotating some guys in, but those guys were playing too well, I think to do that.
Speaker 6: Because did you view this as a must win type of game?
Speaker 2: Well, we kind of look at every game. That's a good question. I'm sorry, yeah, I mean, you know, yeah, I mean, well, no, I mean we consider every game we must win, you know. But if you don't win a game, your season is not over. It's a lot of football to be played. And this is a very good football team. You know, you saw it out there. They're very capable, they're very tough team. It's a tough environment to play in and I just prout of the way our guys handled it. You know, we're trying to get a win every week. We're trying to be one to know the last week doesn't matter, the next week doesn't matter. It's this week that we're focused on. Lamark preaches it to the guys all the time. Proud of those guys. But you get the running game going the way we did with Derrick Henry and Justice and the offensive line playing the well where they did have two hundred seventy four yards rushing, and have Lamar take over the game the way he did. To me, that's that's that's our identity, that's our personality, and we just got to keep building on that and then keep doing everything better, everything better. I mean the penalty is are a problem. Too many, too many penalties. Joe, you're gonna ask that question, go ahead, I was going to ask you said for week.
Speaker 1: To we get a little different as far as who steps up.
Speaker 7: I mean today Charlie Cole had place we did Nelson Agalar.
Speaker 1: Is that kind of what you.
Speaker 2: Credit?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Is that what you envisioned offensively for?
Speaker 8: It is?
Speaker 2: I mean you see Nelson made the play, you know, down the sideline. I ran all the way down to the one, one or two yard line. You see that Charlie made the play in the boot rather the gates that Lamar hit him on.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 2: That we want to use all of our guys. You know, we want to spread the ball around. We want to make it tough. We don't want any they we don't want to zero in on anybody. Uh, we want we want everybody to to h to take part.
Speaker 10: John, you mentioned the penalties. Why do you think that you've got.
Speaker 2: I think we need to eliminate the penalties. That's what we need to do. And they're hurting us. They're costly. Whether you think they should be called or not. I'm sure we'll look at the tape. I'm sure there's some questionable ones. You guys might know more than I do. It doesn't matter. We've just got to we've got to eliminate the penalties.
Speaker 6: Joan, what do you think.
Speaker 11: Click to set up Derek's game is break out?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, what do you think.
Speaker 11: Click to help set up Derek's breakout game?
Speaker 2: I think we blocked well, and I think Derek ran really well. And I think Lamar caused a problem for him too, because they had to defend Lamar as well. And you saw Lamar getting out and then going the other way. He read all those plays really well. Some of those plays are read some of them Mark. So this combination right here that's sitting here in this room is a tough one to defend.
Speaker 6: John, do you think that I don't know the kind of men you've run places you called for him, but it seemed like he had some zone run the place where he could bounce it, bang it. I mean, do you feel like you wanted to give him more of those kind of runs?
Speaker 2: Well, we had, we had, We've we've been running those all year so far, but if we had an opportunity, I think to run more because we were having success and it was pretty We kept him off balance from a run defense standpoint for sure, and Lamar hit some timely passes, play action passes. Lamar kept him off balance. Derek broke tackles a couple of times. We had inside runs, it bounced outside because of his vision and speed. Those are the things that you know, that's what we want to do.
Speaker 5: Jean, There's gonna be a lot of tension on the fourth quarters, is there? Do you do you think about maybe sticking being more aggressive at times late in the fourth corps.
Speaker 2: We called Blitzer. We did call Blitzer in the fourth quarter, So I just we just to kind of define it. We call Blitzer in the fourth quarter. It wasn't that we were just playing coverage the whole fourth quarter. I don't know how many I bet we called four or five blitzes. You know, offensively, be more aggressive. Oh you know what you know, I think you can look at that. But we were running the ball pretty darn good. And we did throw some play action pass We had a boot in there. You know, you get away from something that's clicking, you know, then it's like why why are you getting away from something that's working for you too? So uh La, Mark and beach in all kinds of different ways, you know, and uh, he did that today in the fourth quarter. I understand what you're saying, but I think you can always look back and say maybe a play call here or there you want to have back based on the outcome of the play.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 2: But I don't feel too bad about it. We probably got a little conservative. I agree with that. I think it was for a reason. With a big lead like that and we're burning the clock, you know, I didn't go for a fourth and one and a half. I could have gone for it. I know the MA wanted me to do it, but we punted him down in there. We stopped and they went back to us and went down score a touchdown.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 2: So we kicked a field goal. You know, we could have gone for the fourth and three, but we wanted to go up four scores and we missed it, you know, And that's that's not going to happen too often. So you know, sometimes you got to play that kind of game as well.
Speaker 10: To Don on the on the touchdown, I think it was the last one or second last one that looked like Ropewan and Marlin we're talking was was there is that like a coverage situation or what happened there.
Speaker 2: I'll see the tape. I have to have a better answer for you on Monday, John.
Speaker 6: Is it concerning for you that two straight weeks now you've basically forced the opposing offensive descripts where they only have to pass and you haven't had a had a lot of luck and actually stopping them third quarter or fourth quarter.
Speaker 2: We want to get those stops. We definitely want to get those stops, no doubt about it.
Speaker 1: Quarterback Lamar Jackson, who came up with a stellar drive at the end of the game to seal the victory, also talked with reporters.
Speaker 3: Minds knowing, yeah, twenty two point lead has twinning down and you guys had a chance to finish.
Speaker 2: Uh, just we need to get a first down.
Speaker 12: Coach, they was making good plays on opposing team defense, you know, uh getting short games here and there, but we was getting positive yards, like I believe, like four yard first one one yard here, with two yards here, and it was like, we gotta gotta make something happen.
Speaker 7: And coach caught a good play.
Speaker 12: Thought the day they made a great catch because they was calling it wasting their times out and we the rest of the system.
Speaker 4: Report that you huddled out the guys at the ends of the first half and and really told them we need to we need to finish. Can you just talk about that? What's spread that on? And and then you know, obviously you guys finished.
Speaker 2: It there at the end and on offense, Yeah, we got a finish man.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 12: I didn't like how things were going like we were getting off the field. We I believe we shouldn't be putting tuck on the field around that time. We should have been punching the clock in right there. We up twenty eighty six.
Speaker 2: The game is not over.
Speaker 12: We hadn't been in those situations years in the past when we go up and have time come back and we lose and we up like thirty five fourteen, stuff like that.
Speaker 2: And I believe we just gotta keep doing we doing, you.
Speaker 12: Know first half, you know, just keep putting our guys on the petal, keep the defense guessing, and I believe we won't be in these situations.
Speaker 10: Well, Mark, did you take us through that final play your your run there and what you saw on that and think.
Speaker 2: It was a yeah it was a RPO. It was a RPO.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 7: Jay did what he was supposed to do.
Speaker 12: He carried out the fake well I believe, you know, to uh keep the defense on him, and I just had to make a good read in the whole office line at a tremendous job giving me a lane to get that first down.
Speaker 4: And you seal the game?
Speaker 3: Well you know you do because that you had a two minute warning. Did you know if you guys hit executed that play, the game was gonna be over on that.
Speaker 12: Yeah, no doubt, no doubt. You know it was out of timeouts and we just had to get that first down. We we go through these situations and practice and for it to come up in a game, we know what we supposed to do.
Speaker 6: Mar Did you hear the cowboyst crowd erupts as I said, it was tackled like ten.
Speaker 8: Years behind you.
Speaker 12: Yeah, but I heard flowed nation in the building too, So I wasn't really worried about the Cowboys. Man base had all hats off to them though, cause they did a good job.
Speaker 4: A a after the two start, suw up how big this win is for you guys in that locker?
Speaker 12: So Beyonnest run every every every game is a big game for us, man, cause we tryna get somewhere. You know, we we gotta win these games to get to the playoffs. Man, win these playoff games to get to the super Bowl. But it start with the games that's in front of us. So the the O two start, we didn't want that to happen. You know, it's obviously as the football league everyone's good. We can't look at no point and they think we can go in there and just roll 'em over.
Speaker 7: Like this high school or.
Speaker 12: Something or college we planning on playing walk on guys. Everyone's a fire start believing in the NFL. So we just go into games noring. We just gotta give it all all cause every time a team play us, we might see something on field film and it might be different when we play. You know, they gonna play they hard out against us like it's a super Bowl. So we just gotta go out there and do what we supposed to do.
Speaker 5: Lamarro, You interjected Daniel five lay Let's game. Were you aware of some of the crisis and that he's been getting in the offensive line and how big was it with what that group was able to do both from past protection run.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course I've seen it.
Speaker 12: You know, I see a lot of things when they be tweeting and stuff, but you know it's that's just social media. But at the end of the day, he's getting paid to do he's supposed to do, and he busted his behind each and every time. It's not like he's trying to, you know, mess up. All of us made mistakes out there on that field, you know, but he he came in clutch for us today. And I want the same people who was giving him that doubt to get praise him, you know, give him that credit, you know for what he deserved.
Speaker 6: What was it like for you to watch Derek Henry to do his thing today? Oh?
Speaker 7: Man, I expect that from him.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 12: You just gotta give him lanes, just get him, just hold up and just let him do his thing. You know, he'd be buzzing behind each and never practice. That's a guy who don't like to make mistakes, you know, and it shows out there when he we made those runs. You know, he felt like he could have got more yards and he probably could have scored. And I'll be right with him, cause I'd be like, you probably could have scored right there, you know, But he he showed off. You know, he did he did what King Zoo Kings do you know they're here.
Speaker 1: We also heard from running back Derek Henrick, who put up one hundred and fifty one yards of rushing in this game as well as a pair of touchdowns. He had a monster day. It was his first one hundred yard game as Raven and he talked about it afterwards.
Speaker 3: His team and you know with this offensive one, did you feel out there that did you feel when you were doing things that you were finally getting into that comfort zone with this team?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I think the officer line allowed that to happen. Came out with a mindset of, you know, moving guys off the line of the trimmage, being physical and playing the Raven style of football. And I think they did a great job of that today. So for me to have success, you know, I told him before the game, I said, you know, when you all go, I'll go. So you know, we all tied it together. So hats off to the officer line, Ronnie, Andrew, Tyler, Daniel and Pat and you know, those guys did the great job. So hats off they didn't for them to do my job, even fullback, part riccard receivers, even tight ends man I appreciate all of them, so they made it made my job easier for sure.
Speaker 4: Now that it's done, was there any extra good good vibes for you? Good feeling doing this in Dallas? Have your first hundred yard games.
Speaker 9: I mean, you know, uh, you know, I hold myself to a high standard, and you know, I definitely wanted to come out here and be able to have an impact, to give us a chance to win by the way I played. And you know, I feel like the first you know, the first two weeks, you know, kind of got going a little slower. But like I said, we all tied end together. You know, we all just want to come out here and execute and be able to win. When we did that today. But being in Dallas, and you know, uh, this is what the off off season is while I spend you know, most of my time in the off season.
Speaker 7: You know, it felt a little good today. So yeah, for sure, Eric, we you.
Speaker 10: Know, Lamar just said that he was aware of the criticism of the old line. How much were you aware of it?
Speaker 4: How much?
Speaker 10: What was it talked about with you and or them during the week we saw you over there practice to think of one day, you know, doing warm ups and stuff. I mean, how much awareness was.
Speaker 13: There of it?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, I mean we all see it. I mean, you can't miss much of anything nowadays.
Speaker 4: You know it.
Speaker 9: It's gonna be right in your face whether you want to see it or not. But at the end of the day, you know, we all got to sit together, we all got to go out there and and and do a job. We all got to change the narrative what we want to. Have started off on the right foot, and you know, you know everything is just going to way we wanted to. But that's not how you know it started. But you know, you find out you know who you are in tough times. And I feel like you know, we you know, accepted a challenge knowing you know what was being said and everything that was going on. But as long as we sit together and believe one another and you know, we'll be right where we want to be.
Speaker 6: How do you feel you and Justice Hill are confident.
Speaker 9: In each other as if you have Well, I think it's a great man. Justice is a great guy. He's very smart. I think that's the underrated thing people don't know about Justice. He's really smart, really intelligent, and you know he got that extension which is much deserve because he's you know, one of the heart and souls of his team and you know, very happy for him. And I think we compliment each other well, you know, I think you know, as far as teammates know, he's a he's a great teammate, and we got great chemistry, you know when we when we're out there on the field and you know, uh, you know he's uh, he's dynamic and in his way and can't wait to get keeping back. Still got got rashine, So who got a good group of rbs that you know we have in that room?
Speaker 5: We haven't Building off Brian's question earlier, he asked, you've got going over with the offensive line early in practice and run stuff. So I don't know that I've ever seen a Ravens running back do that? Is that something you've done this year at all? And why did you feel like it was time to do that?
Speaker 9: Yeah, you know, like you said, I mean, it's a lot of criticism, you know, and I just letting him know. I believe in y'all, you know, and you know, we gotta do this together. It's not an individual thing, you know, we all we're all tied in and together it's not gonna be perfect. You know, I'm gonna make a mistake and be wrong when they did their job right and vice versa. You know, it's a it's a long season, so it's gonna be adversity. But as long as we sit together and leave one another, then we'll be good.
Speaker 6: You had two games with tomorrow already. But to have a game like this where you guys roll up two rushing yards, how easy? You know, can he make your job? And how which how he can make his job when you guys are rolling.
Speaker 9: As you were today, Yeah, I mean we got rolling, but like Lamar said, we felt like we could have done more. And there's still more, you know, out there for us and still still one's more in store. We just gotta stay locked in, keep working, keep making each other each and every day.
Speaker 7: And yeah, we feel like it's it's still more out there.
Speaker 9: I mean, it's a great winning today, you know, glad to be able to get this win, but definitely ready to look forward to next week and get better next week and and and put it put it together again next week.
Speaker 3: Part oftown?
Speaker 7: Do you work out in city?
Speaker 2: Pown? Do you work out in Uh?
Speaker 9: It's kind of like near downtown on the south side, south side of Lamar.
Speaker 7: Yeah, sentence fit. We want to get work out in come a little bit.
Speaker 1: In the locker room. We heard from a number of players, including some on the offensive line. Let's go to left tackle Roddy Stanley.
Speaker 14: Yeah, a lad awake Lamar, who says, hey, Lisen, but he also takes it upon himself to actually help you guys finish.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 15: I mean, it's very important to have a leader, especially at that position. And you know, there's no one I'd rather be led by than Lamar. So when when he, you know, decides he wants to do something, you know, well we are behind him on it.
Speaker 10: You gotta shart out the ball back for two and a half to go crowdest, you know, rackets at that point.
Speaker 7: It's the type of game.
Speaker 10: You obviously knew what we had to do, but it was a conversation in the huddle of those plays.
Speaker 15: Conversation was just to execute and make sure we're communicating properly. Everyone's on the same page. Uh No, stupid penalties aware for no different movements is just really disciplined football.
Speaker 11: At that moment in the game, you know, we really.
Speaker 15: Want to be on point you know, one one miscue here, can you know turn a big first down play into tow York game and we really need those first downs in that in that critical situation. So just making sure we were all together on the same page.
Speaker 7: Was that Lamar saying something in the middle saying that.
Speaker 15: No, no, that's just the whole line. We were just talking to each other and you know, reminding each other.
Speaker 4: There's a report that Lamar Uh at halftime kind of got everybody together and talked about finishing. Can you did Were you part of that?
Speaker 7: Can you talk about that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 15: I mean it was just pretty much everything you can kind of see on the sideline. You know, it's it's him just you know, reinforcing the fact that you know, our fate is in our hands, you know, especially in games like this when we really can you know, turn the ties and make the separation the gap even bigger. And you know, I think he just he wants it, wants us to want it just as much as him. And I think he just wants and everyone to make sure that we knew this game wasn't over and we had a lot of time on the clock and we need to keep getting yards, keeping on points. You know there's no time to you know, take it easy.
Speaker 5: Well click to get the one game?
Speaker 2: Guy, What do you think that does for this offense?
Speaker 15: Very before, I just thought we got in a good rhythm. You know, we started off fast, We didn't have a slow star, starting getting some yards you know, early on, and just kept building a rhythm and just kept you know, keeping that going, and I think that helped us.
Speaker 1: We also heard from right guard Daniel Pla. He came under heat and scrutiny this week based on how he played in the first two games, but he was back as a starter in this game and played well as the Ravens put up two hundred and seventy four yards of rushing in this game. Here's what he had to say during his tath reporters.
Speaker 16: Just not over setting stage square, trusting secondgue, trusting my length, and.
Speaker 11: Yeah, just understanding the blockingest game and what's happening. What doesn't it do for you, you know, first starter to walk away with such success against I like micro curses.
Speaker 16: Just a lot of more confidence in myself and and in my ability and knowing that I can and uh, yeah, just keep getting better from here.
Speaker 11: Big break out your game for Derrick Henry, but also everyone else.
Speaker 13: What do you feel like it's different for you guys this game that got it going.
Speaker 16: I feel like we were all just leaning on each other more, trusting each other, living each other, and.
Speaker 11: Yeah, just trusting ourselves.
Speaker 1: What's next to come?
Speaker 16: Just next week, just focused on being want to know and yeah, we just go from there and get better practice work and what we need.
Speaker 7: To work on.
Speaker 13: A big is it to have that dug under your bela now?
Speaker 16: Uh, it's a big relief first one as a starter, and.
Speaker 11: Yeah, just just happy.
Speaker 1: We also heard from center title.
Speaker 11: Talk this week about what's you're often but identity.
Speaker 5: Do you think that's what we saw today getting downhill with the wrong game and when you're you know, successful with your path?
Speaker 17: Yeah, I think it's you know, by any means, you know, whatever it takes to win a football game. You know today is just you know, being efficient in the run game. You know there'll be other weeks or you know, we've got to be able to throw throw the ball, drop back and throw the ball.
Speaker 11: But you know, certainly, you know you want to be able to run the ball efficiently.
Speaker 7: Because that you know, that opens up a lot of other things.
Speaker 11: So yeah, what what do you what do for you for a team?
Speaker 14: He kind of be the crunch time on that final drive, makes that third down pass to say and then makes that run. What what what does it mean for to have a leader that not only can say, hey, let's finish it off, but actually goes out.
Speaker 7: There and and can do that.
Speaker 17: Yeah, you know and crunch time you want to you know, a a ten. So you know, it was a big first down conversion on third down to and then you know, obviously him getting that first down to seal the game. So you know it's certainly not you know, the finish that we wanted, you know, obviously going to a half time and then going into the second hand, you want to score more points. But you know it's a situation that we found ourselves in and we gotta find ways to win those situations, you know, Proba of the team, proud of you know, continue to fight, continue to fight, continue, continue to do whatever it takes to try to win that football game.
Speaker 8: And you know we did that.
Speaker 7: Today.
Speaker 2: We were asked about people.
Speaker 17: Wouldn't think more so, well today, yeah, I think, you know, just just staying at it, you know, staying you know, knowing what we're capable of, you know. And it's you know, it's it's not easy to run the ball in the NFL, so you know it takes you know, you gotta have all five guys in the tight ends fullbacks working together.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 7: I think we did a good job today, you know.
Speaker 17: Just trying to sustain and finishing blocks. You know, you known't perfect, but you know certainly you know got the job done.
Speaker 4: Would you see from Daniel over of course, in the past couple of weeks and you know, there's been some tough place, there's been a lot of criticism on the outside.
Speaker 7: How have you seen him handle that and continue to grow?
Speaker 17: Yeah, like you just said, you know, continue to get better. That's the one thing. You know, every week someone's gonna have an opinion. But it's our jobs, you know, to come into practice and try to get better, work on the things that you know we need to work on. And you know it's it's no all five guys working together, you know, it's not just one guy, you know, And he's continuing to get better and better and better, you know, and he's not even scratching the surface on what he's capable of doing.
Speaker 11: So I'm excited for him.
Speaker 1: On the defensive side of the ball. We also heard from outside linebacker Ada fail Away, how we get.
Speaker 2: Between different momentum going into it.
Speaker 7: Oh, it was really big.
Speaker 8: We needed it. Like I said, he wasn't trying to little three. We weren't gonna we weren't gonna let that have it. And now we have some good momentum going into like another big Dogs and the Bills too at home Sunday night, so we'll be.
Speaker 11: Ready, you see.
Speaker 5: And Dafe a different team this week in practice and Kyla Hamilton said, you guy said extra meetings and people talked about the detail.
Speaker 11: Oriented practices and everyone be more focal.
Speaker 5: Could you sense that this week that are performance like this specifically for three plus scorers was building?
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I mean we're usually are always like pretty detailed and laser focused, but this week in particular, just cause we knew it was a stick and then you know, just you know what the message was trying to clean up you know, the little details and self means that we had. So you know, I I I respect the leaders of the team and uh zeo, you know, advertising extra meetings and then you know, just paying attention to little details doffa.
Speaker 4: I I don't want you to get fined, but did did you get any explain any explanation?
Speaker 7: Uh from the RAF on the field about that quo?
Speaker 8: Nah, he was just smiling at me the whole game, to be honest, like whenever I would ask him for calls and you know, stuffing like that, we just smile at me, you know, and just I'd give me a little weird smirk that he knew what's going on. But you know, that's the nature of the game. Just gotta play through it. I find a way to, you know, put 'em down a little bit more generally. But yeah, we'll see how it goes, if they find me or not.
Speaker 4: Duh.
Speaker 6: It is it disappointing if you guys, you'll find yourself situations where the offense knows all they can do is pass, and yet you can't get the stops as.
Speaker 11: Easily and as we opinion you did. You know, I guess even a week one kind of late in that game.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean, it sucks, but obviously they're good. They're a good offense as well, so you know, you know, un it's the NFL, so there's gonna be sometimes we're rushing. We win, he gets the ball out fast. Uh we rush, we win, get the sack, or we don't win and he's holding it. So it's just gonna happen sometimes. So I think we just gotta do a better job of staying consistent and know I win. Back up.
Speaker 11: Thanks, thanks specially funny.
Speaker 1: We also heard from full back Patrick mccarr.
Speaker 11: The driveway in the second quarter. You kind of feel like this is that was your offense?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 11: You know, yeah, yeah, that's we have a big lead like that, Like we want to be able to run the ball and keep moving the ball, get first downs, kill the clock, and get points. Unfortunately, we didn't do that that the points part. That's where we got to keep stack and keep building on the run game, especially in that part. And that's something I pride myself because I feel like we have the guys that do that. We have the games. We just got to do it and that's something we can keep working on. What do you think is having you guys better?
Speaker 10: It's kind of been a consistent finishing, finishing, finishing, because some guys did it, you know, whatever it was.
Speaker 6: But what do you think is starting?
Speaker 11: I think we just don't play off of each other in terms of like defensive, offense, special teams. I think we can all do a better job like offense. You know, we had I think it's a three and out or something like that. So I take, I don't I don't care what the defense does, what team does. It's for me playing an offense is what we do. So we have to own that, and we have to move the ball and get points, especially at the end of the game to close it out.
Speaker 6: Just what does it do for this offense.
Speaker 4: Though in totality run the ball the way that you did today.
Speaker 11: I think it just builds confidence on players. You know, we have three offensive linemen who didn't really start a whole lot last year or in general, and you know, a new back and Derek, So I think it's it gives it gives guys confidence that we can move the ball and that we can run the ball. And yeah, I have a lot of pride in what we do and running the ball. And I think we had a lot of yards today. We just want to you know, when it's four minute, but it was you know, whole fourth quarter. We should move the ball consistently down the field like we were earlier in the game. Patrick, there's a lot.
Speaker 5: Of negativity around the team this week, but you guys also thought you had the most detailed vocal practices all year. You know, you were messing with horriball with the T shirts and Kyle Hamilton said you had extra meetings.
Speaker 11: What was the response for the team to, like, I mean, when did someone step up and suggest some of those things or how did that all that come about? I think in our walkthroughs especially, we were more focused. You know, we were less joking because you know, we want to have fun, we want to joke around with each other, but you know, when we're going too it's like, guys, so we didn't really lock in. That was the big phrase for us, locking in and making sure we're detailed, hearing the whole play, the whole call, in detail to what we're supposed to do, and I think guys are just the focus was just higher and it needs to stay there for the rest of the season.
Speaker 5: What was the part in that because some of the guys are saying that he was.
Speaker 11: Even I mean, he's been very vocal this year, but yeah, I mean he's the number one guy that wants to win the most for us, and we want to win for him. So when he's like getting on guys that I think it puts even more fire behind them of like, Okay, I really got to make sure that I'm focus on the play. I hear the play, I know what I'm doing, and I'm gonna go out there and execute it. I don't know. I gotta go see the doctor's right for this to see what it is. This is a little cut. I'm fine, though I thought I broke my nose almost my whole face. Max just crash in on me and I see Dark running the ball. I'm like, please score because I don't know what's going on with this, and he did, so I had some time to get it cleaned up and fix.
Speaker 7: What's it like?
Speaker 11: It's a dream like He's just he's such a beast like and it feels me to like really like make sure I hit my guy and I move him so he can get a little bit of space to hit the hole. Full speak is when he has a full steam my head, it's really hard to bring him down. And that I've played with so many great backs here and it's been a privilege and honor and to have someone like him, and I've admired his game over the years and to actually be with him and run the ball with him and be in the locker room in the huddle, it's like it's it's amazing.
Speaker 7: Do you notice it wearing down the defenses?
Speaker 6: Is the outside toss to Justice?
Speaker 7: I think?
Speaker 4: And you were pulling out in the front that Cowboys defender.
Speaker 11: Yeah, he like he was like on the sideline almost and he like completely avoided me and I just try to like get a little piece of him, and Justice just hit it. But yeah, I mean you can feel like late in the game when defenses start getting tired and it's time to really start steamrolling them. And you know, I thought we did that a little bit, but we could have been better.
Speaker 1: We also heard from running back Justice hill.
Speaker 11: Line and then Lamar just made sure to shout out floodlights performance and what did you see me in the progress he has made?
Speaker 18: I mean, honestly, all I know it wasn't nobody in the backfield. So I hadn't watched the film or anything. I know h individual one did. But I mean, as Oline, you gotta be together as unit, and so we was able to run the ball, pass the ball effectively, and so I mean they did a great job.
Speaker 2: Up front in general.
Speaker 16: You know, Lamari's speaking out in support of how much has you and that guy that's trying to keep your spirits up through these past two games and what's on.
Speaker 13: Yeah, m I mean you have ups and downs, but you know that's that's life and that's the game of football. I mean, you keep moving forward.
Speaker 18: You can come out, you have a good game, you build your confidence and you gonna keep moving forward.
Speaker 13: And that's what you gonna do.
Speaker 18: Man, he's a strong dude, a powerful guy, and you know exactly what he needs to do to keep doing nothing.
Speaker 13: So proud of the whole lot today and we go keep getting better.
Speaker 11: Offense is a whole had good performance.
Speaker 2: On the ground.
Speaker 13: What do you think for me that click to a.
Speaker 18: Just sticking with you and then just getting our feet wet, and I mean it the first week, you gonna have some make ups, you go have some some things that you gonna work through, and then we're here all week three and then you just gona continue to get better every single week. And that's all you can really ask for it just continue the progression. And so that's what we did today. Came out, he was able to run the ball of favor, league. We gonna build on that next week.
Speaker 11: I'm sure you've seen Derrick Henry and say, heyday, what was it like to see him do.
Speaker 13: His think to that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Man, it's crazy. Man, It's like see a superhero in real life.
Speaker 18: So, uh, it's it's dope to be in the backfield with him, see him do his thing and be able to come out there when he gets all those guys tired and make a little splash myself.
Speaker 13: So it's it's dope.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you guys gonna get all like going to have and going to Lamar, going.
Speaker 2: To your thing. Well, was that kind of what you imagined your book like when they signed him?
Speaker 15: Uh?
Speaker 18: I mean yeah, I know they for sure. I mean whatever they was gonna call up, I was gonna be ready to run. And uh you know it's it definitely been a U A a great trio duo or whatever you wanna look at it.
Speaker 13: So, uh yeah, it was a great game, funk game and we go get better.
Speaker 7: For next week.
Speaker 11: Where did it feel different to you from the first three.
Speaker 13: Orners of this mound? Not much anything. It's just we wanted to aks you as well, but uh, it's part of the game.
Speaker 18: Everything you can't go your way on song, but uh should we won the game and it's been it's great.
Speaker 5: How important is that to get finally at that win?
Speaker 18: Sure, you gotta stack wins and then in order to get to the number two win, you gotta get to the number for number one.
Speaker 13: So uh, that's what did they got?
Speaker 7: Number one?
Speaker 13: You know you'll close the number two.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Ravens Press Pass podcast and you want a full breakdown of everything that happened in this game, head over to the Lounge podcast feed. Clifton Brown and I do a full breakdown into this victory and what it means for the Ravens. Hit that subscribe button here on the press Pass feed as well as the Lounge feed. Thank you so much for listening. We'll be back with you tomorrow.