Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios. Podcasts. Radio.
Speaker 2: News.
Speaker 1: The Stock Movers Report. Your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market. Harnessing the power of Bloomberg data. Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. I'm Tim Stanovick along with Lisa Mateo. We're joined by Bloomberg News equities reporter Arvelis Bonilla-Ramos.
Speaker 3: Arvelis, welcome. Welcome. I'm guessing NVIDIA is where you want to start.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course. I mean, the big picture there is that it's getting harder to really impress investors. The immediate reaction right now from the market was negative. I believe, I'm a little bit on the blind, but shares are down more than 2%, or it might be a little bit up now. They're really just fighting a little bit in post-market trading. It was a bit in a race. They had a really strong earnings, second quarter earnings, that surpassed expectations. And the forecast for the third quarter is also in line with what analysts, at least those compiled by Bloomberg, are expecting. Worth noting that the stock was up just about 12% here today, as of today's close, but they were down during the day in intraday trading.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it seemed a little bit of bouncing around in the after hours, down four-tenths of 1% as we speak. But like you said, it was bouncing around. NVIDIA, NVDA.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get to Crash Strike, CRWD.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at them on the upside, up about 11% in after hours.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shares are about, you're right, about 11% in post-market trading. The company, this is, again, another bid and raise company. And this CrowdStrike and Salesforce, which we get to a little bit later, they provided a revenue forecast for the full year that also exceeded analysts' estimates, which shows a lot of demand for AI. So the big picture here across these three companies today is AI and the forecast and how analysts are sort of like digesting everything that's happening there. The revenue for the quarter will be as high as $ 1. 53 billion, and analysts on average were estimating $ 1. 52, I mean, and also, again, according to estimates that we compiled here at Bloomberg. Worth noting that the stock cross-strike has risen as much as 62% or about 61% this year as of the market's close.
Speaker 3: I was just looking at that. It's pretty remarkable. Still, we should note it's off its all-time highs from just a few months. I mean, like close to two weeks ago at this point, down about 17%, 18% from those highs. But yeah, remarkable run so far this year for CrowdStrike.
Speaker 1: And then cybersecurity, a big point for them too.
Speaker 3: Totally.
Speaker 2: And I mean, if we can flip now to Salesforce, because cybersecurity and just like... That sort of conversation too, that sticker CRM. Shares for Salesforce are up about 13% in post-market trading, or at least that's where I left it again. My worksheet here not working, but that's after, you know, the software company gave also a very strong revenue outlook, which sort of like shows that expansion and deepening to also their partnership with Anthropic, which they had, it's something called Cloud Force, a partnership that's sort of like going to integrate a lot of the cloud, Salesforce, and Slack into their systems.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, shares up in the after hours, you're right, by just about 13%. Notable too, because so many people were concerned and have been concerned about this being a one of the casualties of the so-called SaaSpocalypse. Going into this print, Salesforce shares down about 22% this year. But I mean, that kind of hides the damage that you've seen in Salesforce stock, not just this year, but really over the past couple of years. This was a stock that in 2024 was trading at $ 363 a share. It's now down to $ 205 a share. Not the move in the after hours today, notwithstanding.
Speaker 2: And that partnership with Anthropic, too, to kind of integrate its products into cloud, that's a big move there. Yeah, it's also very much like you were saying, like, what was happening a couple months ago, it was a lot of IT servicers and all these companies were very much in that AI trade scare. And there was a lot of, like, what we were sort of, like, watching. So this sort of, like, shows, like, maybe this sort of, like, integration is another page for these companies to sort of, like, pivot into to bring those numbers up.
Speaker 3: Our release, Bonia Ramos, equities reporter for Bloomberg News.
Speaker 1: The Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street. And for the latest market-moving headlines, listen to Bloomberg Radio Live. Catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg.com, and on Apple CarPlay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.