Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roebliss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jerrel Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Panya, and Bobby Canavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: Welcome in Episode one ninety three, what's right with Nick Wright? Huge show, such a big show. I damn near forgot to tweet out the link. I'll do that as we speak. We have Monday night football game. We're going to do an NBA roundup on today's show. Uh. At the end of the A block, we have a aim to play. I had a great gambling weekend. Demanse not so much, unfortunately, but we persevere. Demonse, how are you this morning?
Speaker 3: I'm doing pretty good. How you doing feeling pretty great? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I'm you know, I'm doing People think that I root for the downfall of certain teams or players. It's just not true. I do root to be correct, to be vindicated, and for everyone to eventually get on the page I've been on. We will discuss that in just a moment, but first, what missed the cut? Here's what missed the cut on today's show. Aaron Rodgers turning by mid December. I'll believe it when I see it. John Harbaugh, Jim Harball, pardon me? Suspended for three games? And Kelsey and Swift steal headlines during the bye as she just it with total jubilance, runs into his arms. And I've got to tell you, I don't want to be hyperbolic, but I don't know if any team in NFL history has had a better bye week than the Chiefs. Let's go through it. Saturday, the world's biggest or second biggest pop star embraces our goat tight end. Sunday, the Bengals lose, the Chargers lose, the Jaguars lose, the Ravens lose. Monday, Patrick Mahomes goes on the Manning Cast. They're like, Hey, Patrick, how do you think this drive is gonna go? He's like, well, they're gonna run it on first down, run it on second down, then do a play action pass on third down. Check check check. Hey Patrick, how do you think they're gonna defend Josh Allen here? Oh, I think they're gonna do shell coverage with number forty two being the spy check check. And then the Bills lose in excruciating, franchise altering fashion. And by the way, Stefan Diggs's brother is like, Eh, maybe he needs to leave, which we'll get to in a moment. There it is right there. So if you're a Chiefs fan, pretty good week where you didn't even have to show up to work and you damn near locked up the one seed. Let's get into last night's game, Demansey.
Speaker 3: Yes, last night's game was obviously terrible. The Bills started the game off with two back to back turnovers. The turnover thing is obviously a huge problem with Josh Allen. How do you, as a Bills fan, think that this guy can take you to the super Bowl if he's turning the ball over so much?
Speaker 2: Well, listen, I we just have to be honest about who Josh Allen is as a player. We don't have to act like, oh my god, the guy's trash. Oh, do the Bills have a quarterback problem. They have an expectations problem. The media has a false equivalency problem. But there aren't six quarterbacks in the NFL you'd rather have than Josh Allen. The problem is he had been being discussed and the Bills operated as if there are not any quarterbacks you would rather have than Josh Allen. And the guy leads the league interno in interceptions this year. He has the most interceptions in the NFL since twenty twenty two, the most interceptions in the NFL since twenty twenty one, the most interceptions in the NFL since twenty twenty, the most interceptions in the NFL since twenty nineteen, the most interceptions in the NFL since twenty eighteen, he has the second most since twenty seventeen, and twenty seventeen he was playing at Wyoming, so that simply is who he is. The Bills built a team assuming that they had superman quarterback. They don't. They have a guy who has superman moments and a guy who has Ben Solac said this weeks ago, and I will reiterate it. He plays every game like it's the divisional playoff. Game against Kansas City where you have to score on every possession where you're going to lose. How many times this year have the Bills been in a position where if they just take care of the football, they'll win, and Josh doesn't let him do it. Game one of the season, Aaron Rodgers goes down, Josh throws three picks. A month ago, you're playing the woeful Patriots, who are coming off getting annihilated in back to back games. You throw a pick to start the game and give them hope. Yesterday, you're playing a Broncos team that, even though Russell Wilson is playing alright, the coach clearly doesn't trust him and wants to be as conservative as possible, and you give him great field position the entirety of the game because you're just addicted to turning the ball over. Those are three games you win if you take care of the football, and then you're still a flawed team, but you're instead of five and five, you're eight and two and in first place in the conference. If you can beat Zach Wilson, Mac Jones and the Denver Broncos, and in those games you have eight total turnovers by the quarterback, forget the rest of the team. That's not a sustainable model. So can they win a super Bowl one day? Maybe? Yeah, if you have a really good quarterback, you're gonna be in the mix. Can they win a super Bowl with this collection? No? And this is the drum I've been beating that, folks. And this is where I get a little irritated at times, I will admit, because the commentary that I got from friends, colleagues, children fans when discussing the Bills last year was that, Oh, you're threatened by them. The reason you're down on them is because it's Chiefs Bills. Bills Chiefs is because Alan Mahomes Mahomes Allen, and you're trying to tear him down to prop up your in your team. And the answer was no, I just see a guy who is the absolute epitome of a roller coaster quarterback, and I don't think you have a good enough infrastructure around him for that to be championship caliber. And folks tried to sell me on, oh, but they have so much talent, No, they don't. On offense, they have two aside from Allen, they have one excellent players, Stefon Diggs. Their offensive line is mediocre. They're running backs are mediocre. They're Knoxes, Knoxes above average. No, he's better than mediocre. He's above average. The Gabe Davis is a below average number two receiver that playoff game against the Chiefs, notwithstanding and knocks by the way hurt. Unfortunately, now defensively they've been ravaged by injuries and maybe that put a ceiling on their team. But even with those defensive injuries, they're eight and two if their quarterback doesn't turn the ball over. And they're now to the other part of it. Another thing that I pointed out when it happened, and folks thought I was trolling. I don't think they are well coached. And the Canarian the coal mine was last year to Monsey when if you remember, do you remember when Ken Dorsey in the booth was breaking things and throwing things and having a full blown melt down and folks were like, oh, it's the passion of the moment. He cares And I said, oh great, he's not even on the sideline. He's not a player. He's a grown ass man in the booth. I need to keep his head together and he's breaking things. That makes me feel like the job's too big for you. Anybody this is I don't care what job you're in. If you are in response to things going poorly at work, breaking or throwing things, that either the job's too big for you, or you're a little unstable, or all of the above. I don't care what you do for a living. If you have a boss who, when think you get a bad sales report, picks up his coffee mug and throws it across the room, that means there's either something wrong with that person or they know the job is too much for them and it's getting to them. I don't think there's anything wrong with Ken Dorsey. I think the job was too big for him. It's not I don't feel the exact same way as when like Dable the previous Oh just mother f's everyone on the sideline, because that's kind of like accepted in football, but it's like adjacent to it. But when you are a coordinator removed from everything, that to me was a legitimate, significant warning sign. And then this offseason when Stefan Diggs shows up to work and then leaves and nobody knew it was a big deal until Sean McDermott, the leader of the team came to the press conference, looked a deer in the headlights and goes how concerned, my very concerned, very concerned. And then the next day was like, why did everyone makes such a big deal out of it? I don't know what the problem is. And then the next day they canceled practice and we were told no, no, no, nothing to see here. A there was something to see there, as evidenced by the fact that Stefan's brother didn't make it through the season before saying that his brother's got to get out of there. That's first of all. Second of all, well, even if it's a five alarm fire, it's McDermott's job to make sure that stays in house. So there's that. There's the fact that this team that has not sniffed a Super Bowl in thirty years put in their practice facility a giant Panoramics Lombardi Trophy banner, as if that's our next step. No, your next step is getting back to where you were three years ago. Three years ago you made a conference championship game and got blown out by the Chiefs. Two years ago you played a wildly exciting Round two game. One year ago you got dog walked in your building in round two. It's a downward trajectories I've been saying. And now you're five and five. Now you have the same amount of wins as the Raiders, and the Colts bully for you. That's who the.
Speaker 3: Bills are all well.
Speaker 2: And then to get back to McDermott. But also demondsay to get back to McDermott. And then we'll get to the Josh Allen piece of it. You have twelve men on the field, on the field goal or you win. You win the game despite doing everything you can to lose it. You win the game. That's coaching. And then the coach me and Jeanie says this all the time, and it's a smart point, which is with parenting or with coaching, you have to be very careful on the behavior you reward or you give ada boys for because if it's a bad decision that ends in a good result and you pat them on the back and say well done, that affirms that behavior and then you lose the right to get upset when it goes wrong, when it goes poorly. So many of the plays that the Bills internally and the sports world externally have applauded Josh Allen for are bad plays, but they've worked. It has been oh my god, how did he fit that football in there? And now it's listen, there are certain times you've got to do it. It's third and long, you're down four, it's late in the game, you gotta take your shot. But a lot of those things plays are happening in the first quarter of one pm gickoff games where the Bills are eight point favorites, and it's like, holy look at the throw. All right, but if that's what you're rewarding, then don't get upset when at at the end of the first half last night he tries to make one of those throws to the sideline and you give the Broncos three points. And it's why people are like, oh, he's the modern Brett Farv man. Yes, Farv had a lot of this with him, but Farv also had a five year run where he was undoubtedly the best quarterback in the league, went to back to back Super Bowls and won one. So if you're like, oh, he's Brett Farv without the rings or the MVPs or you know, the alleged welfare theft scandal set that aside. Sure, but do you know what Brett Farv without the rings and the MVPs is Dante Calpepper. And I've been telling you that. I've been telling you he is not a modern day Brett Farv. He's a modern day Dante Calpeper. And there's nothing wrong with that. The what's wrong with is how we've been discussing it. And so yeah, and the other part of this is the Bills took their shot man. They they are not in a great cap situation. Von Miller was barely on the field last night. That's unfortunate, and it's bad luck that he got hurt. But when you sign an aging player to a six year, one hundred and twenty million dollar contract when he's coming off an injury, that's the risk you run. And now they're up against the cap. Josh's contract is kicking in. Their only other really good offensive players seems unhappy. What do you do? You kind of start over around Josh and that clock gets ticking and then one other point that and this is why the most when people were like, oh, mahomes Allen, it's the latest Brady Manning, it always irritated me. Right now, there is no rival for the Chiefs and Patrick Mahomes. Everybody thinks they're the Chiefs rival. I don't know who the Chiefs think their rival is, but people say, oh, it's the Bengals. Well, the Bengals right now are in ninth place, so they need to worry about making sure they don't miss the postseason, and then we can see if that rivalry can be reborn. The Bills at least had made a bunch of postseasons in a row, but they're now five and five. The point, the reason I'm making this point is, right, demanse, if the playoff standings hold quarterbacks who have played in consecutive postseasons, Mahomes is at six, it will be at six. You know, at the end of this year, if these standings hold, who do you think will be at the second most. I'll give you a hint. It's not in the AFC.
Speaker 3: It's not in the AFC. Yeah, would it be Stafford?
Speaker 2: No, because they missed last year and they're not.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah they did, they did.
Speaker 2: The answer is, I'll tell you the number. Dak at three, Jalen Is it will be at three. Trevor Lawrence brock Perty and Gino Smith will be at two. No one else, no other quarterback will have played in consecutive postseasons other than Geno Perty and Lawrence two in a row, Dak and Jalen at three in a row, and then Mahomes every year he's been the starter. The point, and listen, Josh Allen is at four in a row. But right now they're pacing to miss it. Joe Burrows at two in a row, they're pacing to miss it. I Herbert got to one. They're pacing to miss it. Cousins was it one, and now he's hurt, so he wouldn't be playing this year, even though I think they are going to make the postseason. The point is there, there is no team or player that right there. There is no Peyton Manning to Patrick Mahomess, Tom Brady. Maybe it'll be Burrow. Maybe, but Burrow's got a lot of catching up to do, and we'll talk about it this week. And his couple interceptions in the fourth quarter this week made it a hell of a lot more likely that his team's gonna be on the outside looking in in the postseason.
Speaker 3: All right, next, all right, I'm disgusted, So party in the Prince based disgusted because I faded Rock Party for the first time, I feel like off season and that came back to bike. But because this Prince guy is spoke, supposedly got this pedigree and he's better than Rock Party because he went to this college and this one middle school. So how did how did his pedigree help him in this game versus brock Perty He were obviously coming off the longest wind streak in the NFL. Niners lost the three. What happened?
Speaker 2: So what you said at the end there might have been what happened, But I'll get to that in a second. Listen, Trevor didn't play well. There's no ifs ans or bots about it. And Trevor didn't play well and he needs to play better now. Last year this was the exact time he turned his season around. They were three and seven and then they went on a run and he went on a run. This year, fortunately they're six and three. But statistically speaking, there's no denying it. He has not been the guy that I thought he would be this year. I thought he would be right alongside Mahomes as the leading MVP candidate, and he's given you what you know. He's averaging one passing touchdown a game. He has not been as good as I thought he would be, as good as he needs to be. Fumbling has been a problem, the interceptions hadn't been a problem until this week. And the team right now is six and three, which you would obviously have taken before the year. But his play has not lined up with their overall record in spots now. I think the touchdown numbers are a little misleading because they are a They've had turnovers in the red zone problems, which is some of that's on him. They've had a lot of bad fumbles, some of that's on him. Also, they are running the ball into the end zone disproportionate to how they're moving the ball down the field. And prior to this week they had had a lot of leads at halftime, so they're running more in the second half. But Trevor needs to be better. There is no denying whatsoever that Trevor has not been thus far this year the level of player that I said he was going to be. Now, do I still have faith that he is that level of player. Yes, to mention him for the second time on this, Bin Solak for the ringer is putting a lot of this on Press Taylor, the play caller for the Jacksonville Jaguars. That may or may not be a part of it, but Trevor needs to be better. So there's the Trevor piece of it. Now to the Niners piece of it, I folks, I think. So let me be very clear here. That was a really good win by the Niners, a really good game by brock Party. There is no denying it. If folks want this to have some massive impact on my opinion of brock Party, I'm sorry it doesn't. We knew that when he's got all the Avengers there and they're playing from ahead, he looks great. Now. I did not think they were gonna be playing from ahead. I thought Jacksonville was gonna put up more resistance, and I thought Jacksonville's offense was gonna be better. So that's not what the game turned into. But the questions that I had about Purty that reared their head during the losing streak of oh, if you're not dominating an opponent, are you able to be a force multiplayer for your team? Those questions still remain in spades now. Dominating the Jaguars makes the Niners as a team look even more formidable. And I said before the game that if the Niners won, they would be able to tell themselves and tell everyone, Look, when we are healthy, we're the best team in the league. Now do I believe that? I don't. Do they have the resume of it. They do. They're not only beating people, they're blowing people out when they're at full strength. But we knew that Brock Perdy could play that type of game under those circumstances. Reminded me a lot of the Cowboys game, where you're playing a tough opponent that's got a good defense, you get out to an early lead and you are cooking, and he was cooking. The throw to Kittle now, the first touchdown, Kyle Shannan said after the game was the worst decision he's made since he's been a Niner. It ended up being, you know, working out for him at the across his body into the end zone. His coach for don't take my word for it, his coach said, was the worst decision he's made. Brock said, was bad decision. The second touchdown, the pass to Kittle was unbelievable. He can't even set his fees. He's got a pass rush and he launches it. So I give him, you know, credit, but does it change my opinion of him? It does not. All right, next to.
Speaker 3: Mansej Stroud taking the league.
Speaker 2: Before we before sorry, before we do that?
Speaker 3: They wait, yeah, sorry, go ahead, Yeah, no, you you gave you gifted some tailgaters in Jacksonville or Duval five hundred buck yeah for some costume egos. And they tweeted out yes, so little shout out.
Speaker 2: So I'll go through this. So the these guys, uh done, and Andrew pardon me? They they're they they do some media with Jacksonville. They do a podcast there. They're massive Jags fans that cover the team, and they do for home games. I've seen it on social media. They do these Cosamigo's tailgates where they spin Cosameigo's bottles and they drank and you know, it's probably a little you know, maybe a little a little over indulgence, but whatever, it's good fun. It's football. And I saw that they were asking for donations for it, so I tweeted to him, how much are you all trying to raise here? And someone and uh their official account done, Andrew, I said, done, Andrew done, Andrew pardon me? Wrote you throw five dollars, will be grateful. So yeah, so I venmoed them what I thought would take care of all the cosamegos they needed, like bottles, so I sent them five hundred bucks. And then I, you know, because I'm damn near forty years old, I was like, please, you know, don't nobody get alcohol poisoning. I don't need that on my conscience. And then I said, reminder, kids, the paying for the Cosamigos and the Royal Trumpeters on first things first is free if you bet on the Jags plus three. Now that didn't work out for me, who's five hundred bucks. Then there's the Trumpeters cost, which they came just to mock me and I lost the bet, so that part didn't work out. This part was very cool though, however, which is they had this giant poster of a guy in a jag suit with my face and an actual jaguar on a leash and they were bringing it around the tailgate. So I listen. I still think the Jags are a good team. I do. I think they're the chiefs. No. Do I think they can look eye level with every other team in the AFC. I absolutely do, including your beloved Ravens and the who will talk about in a moment. But this was a rough game, but I'm glad they had a fun before the game. All right now, CJ. Stroud.
Speaker 3: So, c J. Stroud's obviously been great this year. He led another game winning drive versus the Bengals, and through nine games he's leading the leading the league in yards per game. So Stroud continues this, do you think he's a lock for a Rookie of the Year.
Speaker 2: Oh, there's no question he's locked for Rookie of the Year. It's almost more like Gret was already a lock for Rookie of the year. Great the greatest rookie quarterback season ever. The candidates are RG three's rookie year, Cam's rookie year, Herbert's rookie year, and Marino for half of his rookie season was unbelievable, absolutely unbelievable. See right now, CJ. Stroud is outpacing all of them. And I am not ready to talk about him as league MVP, but he is four seeing his way into the conversation. They were without half a dozen starters this weekend and they're playing a desperate Bengals team, and he outplayed Burrow. Now, he also had his single worst play of the entire year, that pick at the end up ten, but he you know, recovered from it and he drove him down for once again another game winning drive. Now the reason I'm ready to go MVP yet is because fifteen days ago he got out played by by Bryce Young in a fifteen thirteen slugfest. But he's been awesome and I am ready to say he like I've seen enough from him to say we have another excellent quarterback in the league. The AFC once again has another great quarterback. Where the NFC, you know, the Panthers in the NFC. Of the one pick, they take Bryce Young, the Texans of the two pick, they take CJ. Stroud. He's clearly the better of the two. And then the guy, another guy who might be better than Bryce. Anthony Richardson was the Colts pick, but he got hurt so before I didn't see this coming. Before the draft, I said I didn't love any of these quarterbacks, but I would take Richardson one, probably because of the upside. CJ has been absolutely spectacular. The Bengals, on the other hand, are in real, real trouble now. The Bills loss helps them. But here we'll talk big picture in the kind of smaller picture. With the Bengals, big picture is this, it's not just that they're five and four, it's that all of their losses are conference losses, so they're not gonna have the tiebreaker seemingly with anybody except for teams they've beaten had to head, and of teams competing for that last playoff spot, the only team they've beaten had to head is Buffalo, and Buffalo might be playing themselves out of it. So big picture, they're in real dire straits and they play the Ravens on Thursday night, and it's kind of a playoff game for Cincinnati. Now the game itself, I understand folks are making the point that if Tyler Boyd catches that pass, they probably win the game. First of all, I'm not certainly win the game, because that would have put them up four with a minute forty five left, giving the ball back to CJ. Stroud, who has shown you in that scenario he can drive down the field and win. But second of all, is this, Yes, that the Burrow made that play at the end, but the fact of the matter is Burrow had a really rough outing and they scored a touchdown on the opening drive. On their next six drives, they gained thirty two total yards and had two first downs. Then in the fourth quarter, on back to back drives deep into the Texans territory, he threw brutal picks, uncharacteristic brutal picks, and that is to me as much of a reason why they lost as the boy drop. So the Bengals are in real trouble, and they had they won that game, they're sitting there at six and three, playing the Ravens on Thursday Night with a chance to take over first in the division. Instead, they're at five and four. You know, the five win teams in the AFC Vegas, Houston, Indie, Buffalo, Cincinnati, and the fact that Houston has the head toad tiebreaker with them, to me, is really concerning.
Speaker 3: All right, Next, you want to do your NBA roundup?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, go ahead, yep, exactly right, So go ahead, yeah.
Speaker 3: So we're three weeks into the NBA season and some storylines are starting to emerge. What's stuck out to you the most around the NBA?
Speaker 2: All right, So I'm I'm gonna go I'm not gonna go through every team. But I'm gonna try to rapid fire this in order of the standings. Okay, so we'll start in the East. Philly. I mean, they lost the opening night to Milwaukee. Since then, they've won eight in a row. MAXI totally unlocked, fifty point game. Embeid as good as he was last year. I said it a week I'll say it again right now. They look like the best team in the Eastern Conference. Boston is right there with them that, but Philly did just beat Boston had to head. Boston is, as advertised, a dominant defensive team with a ton of offensive talent. I think Jalen Brown he's played a little bit better, but I think he will. Those two teams have really separated themselves from everyone else. The story of the Pacers, story of Tyrese Haliburton, who continues to be one of the most underrated to me at this point, an unquestioned top twenty player in the league, one of the best true point guards in the league, but can also drop thirty any given night. The heat. You know, after the bad start, they won five in a row. Sneaky team, man, you know they're gonna be there at the end. They also still have all those assets they didn't trade for Dame, and you wonder if they have a move up their sleeve. Milwaukee a wildly disappointing six and four, a team that you have questions about. That's the other thing about Philly, real quick. Nick Nurse is the best coach Joel Embiid's ever had. You can see it showing up. And if the best teams in the East are supposed to be Philly, Boston, Milwaukee and Miami, two of them have great champion coaches Philly and Miami, one of them as a rookie head coach and Adrian Griffin, who the early results are not great. And the other one is Joe Missoula, who the year plus results are not great from a coaching standpoint. The Hawks are one of the better stories, but they're a team I don't really take seriously. And right now the Cavs are getting Garland back, they should be able to get it together. I with the Orlando the story is Paolo and Franz and I like that one two combo. The Knicks of the Knicks. I know Knicks fans want me to be excited about them. We know exactly who they are. The other story there are two other stories in the East. One is are the Bulls gonna blow it all up? And is DeRozan and or Levine gonna become available? And the Washington Wizards being the most hilarious basketball team ever put together. I mean every night. Last night they allowed a twenty two to one run to end the game, twenty two to one run in the final seven minutes of the game. I mean, they are the Jordan Pee stuff is just high comedy and it's just better than anyone could have ever hoped for. All Right now to the West, Denver looks to me like the best team once again. And I listened. The Jamal Murray injury is concerning, and hamstrings are tricky, but right now it does does feel like the only thing that's gonna stop them for making the finals again would be injuries. Joker is as good as he was last year. I mean they lost on Sunday. He had thirty six, twenty one and eleven. And they've been the best team and there go ahead, I mean they.
Speaker 3: Had I mean no, no, I said no, I said man, I said, Okay, we'll get to.
Speaker 2: Them in a second. Uh No, I was gonna talk about Dallas before that. Dallas looks Luca. Look, I'm just going down the standings. Luca looks unbelievable, and Dallas is satan to Denver, saytan too, I'm just going right down the standings.
Speaker 3: No, I was. I wasn't saying like, of course, like you're going over to Luca. I was just saying, cot, I got you.
Speaker 2: And Kyrie, after a slow start to the year, has played better as of late. Uh. Their rookie Derek Lively is playing pretty damn well for a rookie like the Dallas right now after a disastrous season last year has to feel great. Particularly, I mean, Luca is right now a top three MVP candidate along with the guys who have won the last four m vps and Joker and Embiid or the last three MVPs, pardon me with Joker and Embiid, and then the Minnesota Rudy Gobert looks healthy and dominant defensively again, ant Man is a superstar. He is a superstar and so much fun to watch and maybe our best hope for one day once again, the best player in the world being an American because Jokich, Luca Jannis, there's oh Embiid, embiid Wimby if he you know, years down the road. Shae is Canadian like we the so yeah, we'll get to them. The Rockets Emo O Dook is a great coach man, He's a great coach. Wilde's guys. Shingoon has been awesome. They've won six in a row and they're a real team. Now. I beat the Nuggets and Shingoon, you know, did some work. I fred. I don't obviously like Brooks, but they're well put together, grown up team. Now, okayc all this talent. Chet's only gonna get better. They're really scary. Sacramento stabilized after the brutals start, and now get Fox back. They should be as they were last year. Golden State is really right now, living off Steph Curry's singular greatness. I mean, Steph is somehow maybe as good as ever at thirty five years old, not supposed to happen, but a step slow, but he's still getting in the basket. He's so good man, he's so good. Clay looks a year older, Draymond looks a year older. The young guys haven't left like Golden State. I mentioned those top three MVP candidates. Steph would be right there after that. Speaking of guys who shouldn't be this good at this age, you have Lebron having another unbelievable season and the Lakers getting this win on Sunday against the woebegone Blazers. Was it the Blazers, No, it was the Blazers, but it wasn't Sunday. Maybe that was Saturday, whenever that was Uh, it was Saturday. I think that was Sunday. No that yeah, the yeah, that was Sunday. That's right. Lebron missed. Ad was excellent in that game, and the Lakers stabilized as well after a shaky start. And by the way, the Lakers upcoming schedule, they could rip they Memphis, Sacramento at home. Lakers haven't lost at home at Portland, home for Houston, home for Utah before an awesome home matchup against Dallas, like they really should be able to win four of their next five. After the Lakers is Phoenix. I don't believe in that team. I don't trust that team. I don't know what's going on with Devin Booker's injury. Kdi's been really good. The rest of it doesn't make sense. They are to me, they are on play in alert. The Pelicans after a great start lost five in a row. Zions like, I'm doing my best to buy in.
Speaker 3: That's not great.
Speaker 2: I didn't love that. And then listen, the Grizzly season is over. It's over before it started. Shocker, the twenty five games suspension from John Morant plus the Steven Adams injury. You can't sustain it, you know what I mean with that said? They did just get a win because they got to play the Clippers, and the Clippers I said it before they lost. The Grizzlies are going to miss the playoffs. And I'm not gonna address the old Clippers, you know, the Lou Williams clip like, oh, we heard the bubble ring wouldn't count that much, so we took our foot off the guests. Give me a break. You were up every one on the Nuggets and you had twenty leagues in all of the games that you could have. It was just terrible. It's just such excuse making. But that team does not fit, does not work. They're gonna get rolled by the Nuggets tonight. And then what do you do if you're the Clippers. You'll be oh and six since the hardened trade. Oh and five when he plays. You were down fourteen in the fourth quarter of the Grizzlies, you made a comeback with Harden on the bench. You then put him back in with two and a half minutes left because you feel obligated. Russ got pissed. You took him out and Harden air balls a three. I mean you him your building. Yeah, no, of course, and Russ is playing for the league minimum. I think we lost my connection here, Demonse. You got to carry us. Oh, oh, we lost my camera. But they can hear they can they could still hear me. Evidently, I don't know what's going on the camera.
Speaker 3: Oh crap, point up in the air.
Speaker 2: You're fine, buddy, I got it. We'll take a quick break. Come back. What's Right. Welcome back to What's Right with Nick Wright, Episode one three. This episode of What's Right is brought to you by the McDonald's app. I love the McDonald's app for mcdlivery. I love it because it's perfect for every situation. Let's say it's pouring rain. You don't want to go out to get your delicious mcdouble. Well, that's what mcdelivery' is for. Let's say your team's playing you don't want to miss a single second. That's what McDelivery is for. Let's say it's been a long day. What better way to fix sitting and then getting a delicious double quarter pounder with cheese and a large fry delivered right to your door. I personally love to order McDelivery and I'm watching a game or hanging out with the family, I don't want to leave the house. And now, every time you order mc delivery in the McDonald's app, it earns two points towards free food. And who doesn't like free food? So there's always a reason to order in the McDonald's app. Download the McDonald's app today. At participating McDonald's delivery, prices may be higher than at restaurants. Delivery and other fees may apply. Copyright twenty twenty three McDonald's All right, welcome back in episode one ninety three, What's right with Nick? Right? Just so you guys know, I'm only seeing myself, so I can't see Demonse's face. But I'm sure you guys will fix that in a moment. Uh, there we go, now I see everybody, Uh demands some breaking news during the break. Who could have seen this one? Coming. What's the breaking news?
Speaker 3: Breaking news, Offensive coordinator Ken Dorsey has been fired. Apparently the guys, the high ups have been listening to the pod and use the judgment call and got them out of the building.
Speaker 2: I mean, so here's the thing. I'm listen. I'm never having somebody lose their job, So I'm not gloating about that. I'm not, no, no, no, I'm being very sincere here. Having one of the worst things about having a public facing job is the world finds out moments after you find out you've been let go. It'll happen to me one day, you know what I mean, Like bep, like ah, you show got canceled, Like you know what I mean. So I'm legitimate, like I'm not reveling in that in any degree because I don't think he's a bad guy. It My satisfaction in the moment is coming from the fact that sometimes but there there are certain things that folks try to act like are meaningless but I ain't deep down they know or meaningful. And I'm gonna go back to that freak out in the booth. That was a meaningful moment, That was a meaningful HM. Put a pin in that and remember it moment, and it to me was indicative of a team and a culture that is unable to stay even keeled. And two weeks ago when the Bills were, you know, on teetering on the brink, when all of a sudden you hear Josh Allen talking about, you know, I wanna I don't want to get too high, but I don't want to get too low. I'm trying to stay low positive like it's a team that is not does not have its day to day emotions in check. Now, I do think it's fair to ask this question if if they don't have twelve men on the field, on the field goals Ken Dorsey fired this morning, Probably not, and that's not his fault, but that's that's that's on the specie coordinator. But it's but it's really on the head coach. I mean, that's you know what I mean, that's actually on the head coach. And so, you know, is there a little bit of ass covering by Sean McDermott here, maybe, But you can't have Josh Allen once again being a turnover machine. And I do think there are folks that are saying, man, the one time in his career where it looked like he had the turnovers in check. Brian Dabele was here, but before and after that, he didn't you look confused about something? Go ahead?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was like Brandy fans that might be wondering. Maybe it's a stupid question, but how does an extra ban even end up being on the field someone?
Speaker 2: So it's very So it's this regard your field goal block defense and your regular defense. Some guys are on both units. So there's certain guys that come on for field goal and go off and someone who was supposed to go off thought they were supposed to stay on. That's how it happens, you know what I mean. So just you had seven come on and only six come off, and that's what happened. And the problem is this. It was Yes, it was a rushed operation because the Broncos did something incredibly somewhat audacious, which is run a play, have the clock run, and then kind of do a fire drill thing there. But the Bills had taken two timeouts in the plays leading up to that, so you knew this drive they were taking knees and the Bills were taking timeouts knee bills, time out. You knew it was ending in a field goal. You would think a well coached team would be very buttoned up on who's on and who's off the field. But Ken Dorsey out as the coordinator for the Buffalo Bills, go ahead.
Speaker 3: Sure, Trayvon Diggs is coming at John h Allen, and he tweeted, uh, he didn't even start going off until he until he got until Bro got there. So it's it's just an all out Oh wow, Yeah, I mean that is I don't know what type of like, uh, what type of like is that? What isn't that pretty bad?
Speaker 2: Well, here's the thing. Yes, it is now theoretically stefan like you're not accountable. So here's the thing. Let's put it like this. And I know these are two brothers and we're a father and son, but let's say, let's just say, for the sake of this discussion, you didn't work at Fox. Okay, if you tweeted, man, wild sucks, it's ruining Nick Show, and just say and work at Fox. Because of the relationship that we have that you and I have, it is a stinging indictment on what I think of wilds right in that scenario, because people know you and I are close, you know, you and I. You and I talk. If if your mom's brother, who I like a lot but I talk to maybe once every couple of years, if he tweeted something about the show and then people are like, yo, this guy, I think I'd be like, hey, listen, I mean that is family. But he and I, you know, that's just what do you want me to do? That's his opinions. Nothing can do about it. I think Trayvon and Stefan are very publicly, very tight, and that's why it's a problem, you know what I mean, Like, it's not like Stefan can be like, man, I don't even mess with that dude. Like they are publicly right, but not. But my point is, not all brothers, not all siblings are close, right, these two guys are publicly close. So you're not like accountable for things other your significant others or whomever says, but you are to a degree if everyone knows you guys are close and you talk and you know what I mean. And so that's why that's why this is a bad one. That's why it's gonna be weird one.
Speaker 3: Like what's gonna happen next week? Like you got a game? Your brother just publicly said like your quarterback has only started a bloom once you showed up. Like what, yeah, you put your brother in a bad situation. Uh, correct, it's but right.
Speaker 2: No, I agree put them in a bad situation. But so here's here's the thing to again use the analogy. Let's say you did tweet something. You tweeted something super negative about one of my coworkers. All right, the the reaction could be, Man, Demonse is really putting Nick in a bad spot. The reaction also could be Nick wanted him to do that. Nick needs a little bit of plausible deniability, right, But Demanse's not doing this unless you know. And again that's where I don't know the full details of their relationship. But like, you know what, I'm gonna go ahead and put myself. I'm put my career in your hands. I'm telling you guys this right now. If Demonse ever tweets something really sideways about Bruce Haard, it came from me. He wouldn't do it without me asking him to, like me. So I don't know about Trayvon and step On it. And again it's different because where father's son is supposed to brothers, like, it could be that step On was like, no, man, don't do it. He's like, man, screw that. The world needs to know I'm doing it, so you don't know. But it doesn't make things easy at work. Maybe a better example than you and me would be your mom. If your mom all of a sudden was tweeting stuff about my job, it would look bad upon me. Even if I was like, man, I don't what do you I can't control her, what do you want me to do? People would still be like, eh, but what are you saying? Even if even what are you saying? That led her, you know what I mean, led her to led her to say it? All right, let's play it quickly. We've gone late today. I apologize. Uh, let's quickly go to the game.
Speaker 3: Time for a little all in her fold today. First off, we got the Patriots after an embarrassing loss in Germany to the Colts, where mac Jones has been benched for the third time this year. New England is going into a buy at two and eight. They currently have the number three pick in the draft. All in her fold, it's better for the Patriots to lose at this point in the season.
Speaker 2: Uh, I mean, it's obviously all in yes, Winning the Giants game would be disastrous for them. Like they've gotta they've got to try to get a top two pick. They've got to try to lose out. There's no question about That's honestly.
Speaker 3: What it seemed like was going on last night in the Bills Broncos game. It seems like the broncoser they were both trying to fight for a number one, number one pick of the.
Speaker 2: Yeah, except they're both in the playoff ring, right, I mean it is Demanti after the bye, It's Patriots Giants one of the worst games ever. It's gonna be I mean, Tommy DeVito and Mac. I mean, my god, all right.
Speaker 3: Next, Yeah, Kyler Murray. After tearing his ACL a year ago, Kyler Murray returned to the field and led a game winning drivers the Falcons. Great for him, but horrible for the Cardinals. If they wanted Caleb Williams all interfold, Kyler Murray should be the Cardinals franchise quarterback, not kayleb No.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you get if I don't think they're gonna get the number one pick. If you get the If you get the number one pick, though, you gotta draft Kala. I listen, I'm still rolling with Caleb. I understand that the team hasn't won, you know, lately, or is only one once lately. I get that. Still, I don't think Caleb's the problem at USC that that game, though, almost went exactly what I was saying it needed to, where Kyler shows flashes, but they find a way to lose if they had just missed the field goal at the end. But the I listen, they might end up with like the fourth pick and the twentieth pick from the Texans and just have no choice.
Speaker 3: Just good, get some pieces, yeah, yeah, gets around him.
Speaker 2: If you're the Cardinals, I would say maybe there are some Cardinal fans that really like Kyler and are like, man, if we could just get the third pick and draft Marvin Harrison Junior, get him a stud receiver, use the Texans pick on a defensive player, and just get going. All right, next, all right?
Speaker 3: The Lions proved once again they are one of the scariest teams in football. Is their offense kept rolling against the Chargers in a forty one to thirty eight win. With Golf playing some of his best football and Gibbs finally getting involved, they look pretty unstoppable all in or fold Detroit has the best offense in the NFL.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna fold that they're the best offense in the NFL. They might be, but I'm all in that this is a very legitimate contender. I'm also all in on the fact that all the anti math, anti analytics Charlatans were awful quiet after a game where the team's two teams Stali and Dan the Man Campbell WI combined eight fourth downs, they got seven of them, including the Lions doing the audacious butt correct, we can kick the go ahead field goal on fourth and two with a minute forty left, or we can recognize if we get one first down, we can make sure that Herbert doesn't get the ball back. They went for it and got it if they had if they had gone for it and not gotten it, they would have been killed. Dan Campbell didn't care, and for Staley, if Staley had done something like that not got it, they probably would have fired it. But so shout out to the Lions for doing it and for both teams being so aggressive on fourth downs.
Speaker 3: Next, all right, Josh Doabbs came out with another great performance, so lead the Vikings to another win. They are now in the longest winning streak in the NFL all in her fold, Dobbs will lead the Vikings to the playoffs. Who think the Vikings have the long winning streak.
Speaker 2: I mean, they're definitely going to the playoffs. I mean, here's the thing, Like you look at the NFL standings right now. Philly, Dallas put him in. Detroit put him in. Winner of the NFC South, call it. The Saints put him in, even though I don't think Saints are gonna win the division just because they have the best record. Niners, Seahawks put him in. That's six after them. The Lions are I'm sorry. The Vikings are competing with the four win Commanders, the four win Bucks and Falcons, the three win Rams. Like, no, the Vikings are gonna make the playoffs. All right, quick break, I'm back answer your questions. What's right? All right? Welcome back in What's Right with Nick? Right, and it's episode one ninety three. In this episode of What Triy is brought to you by the McDonald's app. I love the McDonald's app for mc delivery. It's perfect for any situation. It's pouring rain, you don't want to go out and get your delicious mcdouble McDelivery. Say your team's playing, don't want to miss a second mc delivery. Let's say it's been a long day. What better way to fix that than getting a delicious quarter pounder with cheese and a large fry delivered right to your door. I personally love to order McDelivery when I'm watching games, spending time with my family. And now, every time you order McDelivery in the McDonald's app, it earns you points towards free food, and who doesn't like free food? Always a reason to order in the McDonald's app. Donald McDonald's app today at participate in McDonald's delivery. Prices may be higher than a restaurant's delivery, and other fees may apply. Copyright twenty twenty three McDonald's. All right to Montay, let's quick we go through a few questions here.
Speaker 3: All right now, my actual name asked. Do you think the Chiefs defense being really good actually hurts the offense because they're always playing with the lead and Andy gets safe with plays.
Speaker 2: I don't think that hurts the offense. I think it might hurt their stats. Yeah, I mean I do. I think the Chiefs offense could be more explosive this year if they had to be Yes, there's only one game all year where they needed to be able to move the ball and couldn't, and that was they moved the ball in the Lions game. They just dropped passes the Broncos game, and that was like a stinging indictment because it's like, oh my god, this Broncos defense is horrific. It allowed seventy points. But the fact of the matter is that Broncos defense since that seventy point game has been solid. The Broncos defense allowed seventeen to the Jets, nine to the Chiefs, force four turnovers, and twenty two points of the Bills. Broncos even's been a lot better. I think the Chiefs offense is gonna be fine, and I think that the I mean the Chiefs are by Thanksgiving might have the one seed damn near locked up, depending on what happens this week, if the Bengals beat the Ravens all right.
Speaker 3: Next, Jonathan Park asked, is Dobb's the best quarterback named Josh?
Speaker 2: He's having the best season, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: Next, Chad Are asked, when do we get to stop pushing putting Josh Allen in the top group of quarterback.
Speaker 2: Well the listen, this was on our First Things first call. Somebody was like, do we want to have the is Josh Allen elite conversation? The problem is we don't have a universally agreed upon definition of elite like the if. In my opinion, right now, there are there is one quarterback that has like transcended criticism, and it's Mahomes. He's clearly the best player in the league. There are then two quarterbacks that have that fairly have the claim we're next the next best, and that's Burrow and Hurts. Then there's a group of.
Speaker 3: Lamar Jack go ahead, probably want to make that like a three the little three leg tier or whatever. Mahomes and then three legs at the bottom.
Speaker 2: I don't think. I don't think Lamar is on the level of Burrow or Hurts. I don't I think Lamar's on that next I think that well, I just I just haven't. I haven't seen him come through in enough big spots. The numbers this year are not overwhelming. I would have Lamar on that next level. That next level is Lamar. I you know, I would like to say Trevor's there, but he's not no, Uh, Trevor right now hasn't earned it. But Lamar Josh Dak that kind of grouping of guys Herbert maybe maybe I don't know, you know what I mean, Herbert's probably won the next level below. So like, what is what is elite? What is great? I don't know? All right.
Speaker 3: Next, Matthew Quintero asked question for Nick, why is Kelsey the tight ing the tight end goat over? Gronk is better than him?
Speaker 2: No, he is better than him. Listen, Gronk is the greatest red Zone tight end ever.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: But Travis Kelcey the longevity of it, the fact that he was dominant with Alex Smith, not just with Mahomes. Like, all I love Gronk, but Travis Kelcey has has surpassed him.
Speaker 3: All right. Last one, Dusty said, need that trenchitty demonte has on? Are those sold in the shop?
Speaker 2: We might be sold out, Dusty, but I'll find you. I'll find your one, and I'll give you a five percent friends and family discount. All right. I gotta get to work.
Speaker 3: Yesterday.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, shout out Dussy. I gotta go do the herd and then do my show. Should be a fun day. Talk to you as later. What's right, Hey, it's Nicker right. Thank you so much for watching. Please do us a favor click subscribe. It helps my ego and Demonsey's got a financial bonus writing on a number of YouTube subscribers, so help him out. And also click the bell. I don't know what the bell does, but they tell me to tell you to click the bell. And your audio listeners, people that have commute strives, whatever it is, subscribe to the podcast as well. Wherever you get the podcast, same show, just you know, just in your ears instead of through your eyes. All that check it out, Appreciate your