Speaker 1: I won't like spoil anything, but like, let's say an antagonistic force meets their demise, Like it's such a nothing moment, like it should be like, wow, we defeated.
Speaker 2: It's like you want narrative force. Uh, may I recommend transformers one. Those motherfuckers have thrusters on the bottom of their feet. In some cases they can go sub orbital wild.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean, like Rosie and I walked out of there just giving a ton of notes to each other. We're like, all right, I should have put this. I don't know why, Like, what was the point of this character? Like if it if it meant nothing?
Speaker 2: You guts sound fun to go to the movies with.
Speaker 3: We always you know, look, you were insufferable industry people.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I'm gonna say I think that's how all of LA experiences the movies, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: You walk out and you go. I would have done a better job.
Speaker 1: They should have given the script to me.
Speaker 2: Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three point fifty seven, Episode three of Dally's Guys Day production of iHeartRadio, where America's only Undecided podcast. We haven't made up our mind on the election. Come interview us to the new York Times. This is a podcast where we take a deep dive into America's shared consciousness. That it is Wednesday, September twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: We got a lot of days today. It's National Open the Magic Day, No idea what that is. Here's what I do know about Cay Sadilla's Lobsters, comic books, and one Hit Wonders because it is national. Those days also National Dense Breast Day, which is all about awareness because we are in Breast Cancer Awareness Month all of or no about to be, We're about to get into it. And another one was I feel like there's so many like industry based ones that's like national, like why don't you call a handyman from this company day? And I'm like, no, we're not. We're not gonna acknowledge that. So anyway, lobs, this case of d is dense Rests, comic books, and one hit Wonders, Favorite one hit Wonders, Class Wonders.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think for me it's yellow. We were recently talking about the people who may.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, speaking of Jeffrey Jones, Yeah yeah, mine is probably mimes. This is why I'm hot. I love that song. I thought that I thought Mimes was going, this is why I'm hot, this is this is why I'm hot. Now he's I think he's in the tech world or something now, but anyway, shout out to me, what about you?
Speaker 1: I had to google one hit Wonders because I don't really know which ones that's fine. Take on Me? Is that considered a one hit wonder? I guess it is.
Speaker 3: It is in the US.
Speaker 2: I think they're much bigger in other in their homeland.
Speaker 3: Aha.
Speaker 2: Ah, I was trying to think of their name. Aha, I've got it. That song is wonderful. There was a podcast called Punch Up the Jam with did eBay where they would like and me, l yeah, and they would pull songs apart and like, just listen to the stems and all the various strands that make up the beautiful quilts that is the song, and that one like has never left me. The take on Me just like the isolated vocal tracks, like everything about it is just.
Speaker 3: Like so beautiful.
Speaker 2: Oh wow in the video in the videos, yeah, truly you could because it's animated. Well, my name is Jack O'Brien aka in the spirit of anagrams on the discord provided the following for me. We got Cabin Joker. We got Ai rock Burn, which is going to be a product jock Burn. They'll eventually release Ace Boink Junior is a lot of fun. Yeah, n j Bryce Okay, like an aggressive person talking about a prank. They did, you know, I did the New Jersey bries prank. Okay, yeah, Brice, yeah, I put some ice in or Bra it's the it's the New Jersey did the Old New Jersey Briese, Banjo Eric And finally Justin, Justin, could I get a drum roll?
Speaker 3: Please? Finally we have I Jack Boner, Oh wow, yes, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yes you did. But by the way, Jack Boner, jesck Boner is a specscript. I was working on hit some headwinds when I Framkenstein tanked.
Speaker 3: But when I am.
Speaker 2: Saying yeah, you did do well, mine was about Tarzan offering to give you a hand job, and oh god, it didn't do quite.
Speaker 3: Jack Boner, Jack Boner, That's it's like a down and out Tarzan in like the seventies. He got hooked on Heroin cruising Sunset with a sign Jack Boner for fucking cheap man.
Speaker 1: Oh ship should start saying kind of like jack o Lantern. But so you do like Jack Dash oh Dash Brian, especially during the Halloween.
Speaker 2: I could move the eye from the beginning of eye Jack Boner to the middle, so it's like Jack eye boner Jack. I like my middle name is ignacious or something.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean, ignacious Jacky Boner, Yes, squire as your service. Eric is also pretty Eric. It's banjo Eric bro.
Speaker 2: I just I could never the finger dexterity that is required yeah to be a banjo player, until I got a tune that into all bar chords.
Speaker 1: That's my favorite one hit wonder.
Speaker 3: Bear Yeah, Ripped Doling Band.
Speaker 2: Anyways, I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host mister Miles Gray and Miles Gray Ship. I'll hit you with a couple of anagrams, one of my favorites.
Speaker 3: It's Miles Gray aka air my legs aka misery gal aka gay Smiler aka grimey elsa I'm in the building. And also shout out maniche because those are also much moniche joints there. And one more I've got because I was just talking about that Uno and here we go aka reverse for that chuckle skip fold your face, draw four because you thought you were cold. Hold this way.
Speaker 4: Oh no, now how you feel Captain Bold, don't care that your seven years old? Ask your grandma if it's too cold, wipe them tears away.
Speaker 3: It won't go when I play this.
Speaker 4: That's called you dumb fold fall from Cloud nine back down to home anyway.
Speaker 2: Shout out Held for that wonderful rendition.
Speaker 3: Oh no, that's the most deaf Pharaohmonde featuring Nate Dog Rest in Peace. I was for the first half of that.
Speaker 2: I was like trying to work the lettering out to be like, how is this an anagram of Miles Gray? Same same, I do just from from Minisia's list of Miles Gray anagrams. I do have to shout out one that you skipped over that Justin also, uh, Justin, I had the I was about to say the same thing, Superris and Justin came in.
Speaker 3: The came in the chat. Gary Slime, Yeah, Gary Slime and Manjo Eric. Folks, you're dialed.
Speaker 2: In the show a couple of dirt bags.
Speaker 3: Slime is a fucking dude, stay away for we should be a smoking Rerisen around a tra can fire. Gary Slide, Yeah, fucking Banjo, Eric in my van full of whale juice kids, put your garbage bags on. It's Gary Slime coming to take you home.
Speaker 2: Well, we are thrilled to be joined in our third seat by a very talented writer, stand up comedian, and co host of The Bechdel Cast, one of the great film podcasts. They also happened to have a master's degree in film and the most anagrammable name in the English language, in case you were wondering why we're so focused on anagrams. So if you've given their if you've been given their name in a handful of scrabble tiles, you may know them as Lauren D. Titanic or nine Tit Dracula, But to us they will always be Latin dancer Uta. I'm sorry, sorry, sorry, Caitlin Dorante, I'm.
Speaker 1: Changing my name the Latin dancert. No, actually, Lauren Lauren D. Titanic would hang out with Banjo.
Speaker 2: Eric and yeah, Lorn D Titanic for sure, Yeah, Lorn D Titanic will is a debutante at one point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Ninet Dracula would be like a bit we would do on this morning Zoo show. It's like, oh, we got Ninet Dracula calling in. What's going on? Nineted Dracula. Yeah, but Lauren d Titanic fucking Banjo, Eric and Gary Slime. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: Wow, well I have a couple of new ones.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: These are These are courtesy of a Zeit gang member by the name of Mark Romano. And let me just place the disclaimer here. They're pretty They're pretty nasty.
Speaker 2: These Carty are slim exactly.
Speaker 1: The letters of my name will spell things like you're in taint, tit kunt you know.
Speaker 3: All these click cool. They will do that sometimes that. Yeah, I don't know why they go.
Speaker 1: Blue all the temple. One of them is I tried cunt anal.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, Mark.
Speaker 3: Settled down, yo, Mark works clean man. That's one of his sons, the twins.
Speaker 1: Another one is red clip in a tuna okay. So, and then finally we've got red Italian cunt.
Speaker 3: That could be a porn search term, yeah, or like a derogatory named of like a Italian communist or something. Holy ship. Wow, something Tony has called somebody? Yeah, yeah, exactly. Yeah. Like if Meadow suddenly like she came back, She's like, Dad, I've been reading a lot of Marx and Engles. She's like, ah, here we go. Red Italian cut.
Speaker 2: Wow, Well, what what a full day of anagram we've had here today. Children, This couldn't just be a children's podcast if we just like cleaned it up a little bit, you know, anagrams, word jumbles. What a blast, Caitlin. We're thrilled to have you, as always, always, always. We're going to get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, we're going to tell the listeners a couple of things we're talking about today. Donald Trump got like this is the most cultie I feel like I've ever heard him be.
Speaker 3: What's up there?
Speaker 2: Sounds like he's trying to hypnotize the women of America in some ways.
Speaker 3: So we'll talk about that.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about another key figure on the right who murdered a dog. Goddamn, you can't stop the right. Cannot stop murdering dogs. Is where we're at right now. Can't stop addicted to killing ky nines, addicted to the pup blood. We'll check out with Mark Robinson, checking with NATO, the National Association of Theater Owners.
Speaker 3: Wow, what did you think we were talking about? Stay out of theaters.
Speaker 2: And we'll check out with billionaires, see what they're doing with all their new money. They've their wealth has grown by eighty eight percent in the last four years, so they got a lot of new and they already had too much money to begin with. It's grown by eighty eight percent. So it's always fun to just make sure they're doing okay.
Speaker 3: And if you work in a trade, if you work in a trade and ever work on a billionaire's home, sabotage it somehow. So when we have to fight back, we can just hit a switch and all their acs go down or something.
Speaker 2: They're not doing well. They're not doing well. Yeah, anyways, all that plenty more. But first, Caitlin, we do like to ask our guest, what is something from your search history?
Speaker 1: Okay, I googled dunk a Latte? Have you heard about these?
Speaker 3: I can I almost infer where it's from and what it might be about.
Speaker 1: Friend was like, I've been hearing about these dunk altes. Let's go get one, and for.
Speaker 3: Very kind of Jamie not the same my friend at it.
Speaker 1: It actually wasn't j but it was our mutual friend Bryant who he Jamie and I are in a group chat together called wait for it, all of Garden Friends.
Speaker 2: But so you're at the Olive Garden. But at the Olive Garden you're not friends your family, So what's going on with you guys?
Speaker 1: That's the thing. We're very it's we're very subversive.
Speaker 2: Okay, we kind of edgy in that way.
Speaker 1: It's like when we're in oll of Garden, we're friends, is how feel about it? So group chat together and we were making because it's right now, endless like limitless pasta at the Olive Garden, and so we were trying to figure out when to go, and then Bryant was like, well, I also need to get a dunk a latte. And so if you don't know, apparently and this is this is what I learned upon my internet search. It is a latte that is made from espresso and then something called coffee milk. And you're like, what's coffee milk?
Speaker 2: It is cereal milk. I've not heard of coffee milk.
Speaker 1: Coffee milk is a blend of whole milk and coffee extract.
Speaker 3: Coffee extract Okay, yeah.
Speaker 1: So I guess they mix that together and that's the milk and then they put espresso in that and that equals a dunk a late huh. Now I know.
Speaker 3: You have you tasteested it?
Speaker 2: I have not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have not. Well, we've made grand plans to go to Olive Garden and then go to dunkintonus.
Speaker 3: This is or whatever it's called. I mean, but a latte is a so with the steamed milk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but this is taking it one step.
Speaker 3: Further espresso with steamed coffee milk. So it's just adding like a redundant coffee layer to this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's just extra coffee. I guess.
Speaker 3: Oh, so is it like higher caffeine because there's like a coffee extract. Let me, let's find out. I'm on it, Miles. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So we're looking at it like thirty eight milligram's total for the small duncallette. That do anything for old Banjo Eric or not? Yeah, I mean that's not bad, that's pretty good. That's about as much as a you know, drip blonde roast of Starbucks. But you know, drip coffee is actually more highly caffemated than people give it credit for. And espresso less caffeine because it's so little, right the amount sure, sure, sure, okay, huh, but it's a it's a solid amount of caffeine. I did this all feel like, I don't know when something goes viral from Duncan or like what Starbucks are, you know, one of these coffee chains. It's usually they're doing way too much, right, it's like a rhino corn thing that looks like cotton candy or some shit. But this just feels like they've invented something called coffee milk and are doing a latte with coffee milk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and in fact, I'm surprised it doesn't already exist, right.
Speaker 3: You know, Yeah, well they they.
Speaker 2: Made coffee milk, so of course it doesn't exist. That's cutting edge technology. They use the large hay drunk collider to invent coffee milk precisely, and.
Speaker 3: They got Kristin Wig this like whole They really launched this whole dunkin Dunk a lot. But they're like you can get and the sweatpants.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you're gonna want to dunk a Lotte. Yeah, I think so that's cool. And I'm trying to imagine wanting a big, creamy Dunk latte after a bowl of endless pasta and I can't. I can't get there. Yeah, but I'm sure, I'm sure it's possible.
Speaker 1: I just like it's a it's a pairing that makes that makes perfect sense, refined enough palate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not there yet, Okay, Yes, what is something do you think is underrated?
Speaker 3: Caitlin?
Speaker 1: I think being able to fall asleep easily is very underrated and for the people that this is true for, because it's certainly not true for me. You don't know how good you have it because I lie awake for hours every night trying to fall asleep, and sleep does not come easily. So for anyone who you Because I talk to people all the time they're like, oh, yeah, I can just like lie down anywhere and three minutes later, I'm asleep, no matter what time of day, no matter where I'm at, blah blah blah. And I'm like, that is a gift and.
Speaker 3: No matter what time of day. Yeah, I think they might have narc Yeah that sounds like like narcolepsy. But shit, if you have that kind of super sleep power, fuck yeah, shout out to you. I do think for people who just.
Speaker 1: Like they're like, yeah, it's nighttime time for bed, and then they you know, their head hits the pillow and a few minutes later they're out.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Question, tell me how you feel about this thing that I'm about to bring up to you about school. Did you like like most people falling asleep in class, like during puberty, right like junior high, high school. I feel like it's like a pretty like widely shared experience. Were you like, were you a foller a sleeper type kid in school or no, have you never even done that?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: I know that was a thing. I was so because I was saying at the front of the class, being like, I know the answer, and then I guess everyone behind me.
Speaker 3: Are you looking at those schools? Yeah? I used to put a I would put a paper eye over my eye and sleeping class whoa like this? Like I'd have my hand like this, but I'd have a piece of paper that looked like an eye on the back of the class that it worked a few times, but everybody in class would laugh so hard. The teacher would be like, what the fuck is going and they would be like a asshole, go to the principal, Wow, like what do you think this is?
Speaker 2: But you take a nap and the principle, why are you so mad at me for being sleepy?
Speaker 3: Sorry, dude, I'm fucking fifteen, dude. And nine eleven is about to happen.
Speaker 2: Relax, And you did know that ahead of yeah, yeah, and no one listened to me. Nine to eleven was an inside job with mine, not even yeah, I can't that.
Speaker 3: That was so.
Speaker 2: Uncomfortable, just like feel it being hot in class and like not being able to keep your eyes open, And it was the worst feeling, but maybe not as bad as sitting wide awake, not to you.
Speaker 1: Try it being two am and you're like, Wow, I wish I could fall asleep, but instead I'm having these anxious, racing thoughts that no one will medicate me for.
Speaker 3: Oh, so you have. So it's anxiety that it's not necessarily like you when you start to want to wind down, your mind just starts kind of racing and keeps you up.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But even on nights where I'm like I've been able to keep my anxiety at bay, I still don't fall asleep easily. Even if I have like a clear mind, I'm not anxious about anything, I'll still lie there for at least like sixty to ninety minutes before I fall asleep.
Speaker 3: Wow, And I just ask have you tried those like guided sleep meditations? Those don't work.
Speaker 1: I've tried every yeah, yeahamn thing I've oh oh, weed gummies, oh magnesium all this?
Speaker 2: Uhe wit You tried weed gummies and you stayed awake. Yeah, pilegrams usually about three.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well if I take more than that, I have a pan the attack and that keeps me.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, yeah, you don't do that. Don't do that. Don't do that, Okay, shame them for.
Speaker 2: Taking Yeah, anxiety, I'm like, you.
Speaker 3: Can get with three milligrams. Yeah, but anyway, I'm a I'm look, I'm I'm Gary slime. You know I mused a different obviously on this show. Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, I just put a little mask on, put the feather directly above my mouth, and then start hunk showing just perfectly.
Speaker 3: But he puts the scream mask on. I do put the stream mask, my scream mask.
Speaker 2: I do have to fall asleep next to my wife when she is wearing some of the scariest skin care masks that you've ever seen. There's a red infrared one that is true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. What is Caitlin? Something you think is overrated?
Speaker 1: I think that expiration dates on food items are overrated and not to be trusted. Yeah, and I go by the smell test, rather than the arbitrary number that they make up to the body to get you to throw away food and buy more.
Speaker 2: Try big food.
Speaker 3: What's a little botulism? Baby, I'm afraid afraid? What do you what? Specifically recently, are you're talking about milk, because I feel like milk is always a thing where it's like, bro, this shit went bad a week ago. I'm like, no it didn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I don't buy dairy milk anymore. I have a baby Like eggs, I'll be like, man, this date, I don't know about Just.
Speaker 3: Do the floating test.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly. Yeah, I mean, obviously some things do go bad, sure, eat, etc. But like you know, I'm just like, I'm also I'm kind of like gary slime and the way that I'll be like, oh, these strawberries are mostly rotten, while I'll just eat around the rotten parts for the.
Speaker 3: Best soft parts. Sometimes they're the sweetest parts.
Speaker 1: And I just hate food.
Speaker 3: I want to get that.
Speaker 1: I'll make myself sick in the interest of not throwing Oh my god.
Speaker 3: I don't do that, but I get it.
Speaker 2: Give the bad eggs smell like I guess rotten eggs, right, yeah, yeah, Okay, I don't think I've ever had that experience.
Speaker 3: Maybe I'm just fucking wolf so wild. But you can tell. If you put an egg in a glass of water, you want that ship to stay low in the cup. I rarely do that. It floats. I've because there have been times like I've taken like a trip or something and then I forget I had like a dozen, or like, you know, there's some fail bags that were like three weeks even before I left, and I'm like, I ship, just check them in there. If they're like bobbing at the top, I'm like, okay, all right, maybe I can ditch these, but if they're still closer to the like an ice cube, you can't. Yeah, yeah, yeah, exactly got it. Okay, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Eggs are the one thing that I've never really had to throw out, and so I feel like I was just gobb dozens.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: He's like Rocky just right out of the henhouse near my own.
Speaker 3: I go to the henhouse by the elementary school where they're raising him for a project. Just snag a couple, eat them right there like a fox. All right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back, all.
Speaker 2: Right, so this is we check in every once in a while with what Trump is saying, and oftentimes it's some Trump jazz where he's just like riffing off to the side about something he'saw on TV. This feels like a concerted effort to hypnotize the women of America. Oh no, yeah, So during time campaigns stop in Pennsylvania. First of all, he suggests that he doesn't believe that he's not doing well with women voters, claiming that women are less safe now and much poorer than ever before.
Speaker 3: Twich goes without.
Speaker 2: Saying, pretty fucking rich coming from the guy who was instrumental and overturning Row and has been found libel for sexual assault.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, also just not true.
Speaker 2: Statistically, women are doing better economically since twenty nineteen.
Speaker 3: Well, what stats are you looking at, because I'm looking at the ones that agreed with what I said. Now you're saying you're on research. Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: Here he also told women. This is the part where he gets whird. He told women, I am your protector and with me, you're not going to be in danger any longer. You will no longer have anxiety from all of the problems our country has today also created.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Also, you will no longer be thinking about abortion.
Speaker 3: What Yeah, let me just play this. Hearing him say it is like mind blown because the first part when he starts, he's like, they say I don't do well with him, and you're like, he had no shit, you fucking creep, what are you talking about? But here's this is like the beginning part where he's like, I don't know, they say I'm bad with women. Here's Trump all right, so.
Speaker 5: We have to talks.
Speaker 3: I always thought women liked me.
Speaker 5: I never thought I had a problem. But the fake news keep saying women don't like me.
Speaker 3: I don't believe it.
Speaker 5: I think I think you know why they like They like to have strong boarders.
Speaker 3: They like to have safety. Yeah, okay, anyway, this is the guy who like had that like meandering press conference a couple of weeks ago, and then in the seventies, I think the art of the deal came out. I'm making out with this woman. We became intimate, right, but she she wouldn't be the chosen one. This is mister. Sometimes they aren't hot enough for me. But anyway, this is the part where he says, I will be your protector and this is where it gets to like you are getting sleepy territory because I am your protector.
Speaker 5: I want to be your protector as president, and I have to be your protector.
Speaker 3: I hope you don't make too.
Speaker 5: Much of it.
Speaker 2: I hope the fake news as it go.
Speaker 5: He wants to be their protector. Well, I am as president.
Speaker 2: I have to be your protector.
Speaker 5: I will make you safe at the border, on the sidewalks of your now violent cities, in the suburbs where you are under migrant criminal siege, and with our military protecting you from forearmed enemies, of which we have many today because of the incompetent leadership that we have.
Speaker 3: Okay, so he's not addressing anything specifically women would think of in terms of like their healthcare or anything like that or reproductive right. It's like, I'll keep you safe from the immigrants, I'll keep you, say, from the freaky Antifa people. And that's sort of like his tack that he goes on. And then yeah, he gets on the abortion thing where you're just like, well, and you'll forget about this whole thing.
Speaker 2: Man, just not going to be gauger any longer. You will no longer have anxiety from all the problems of our country has today, you will no longer be thinking about abortion. That's like straight abuser psychological manipulation, where he's suggesting that women are crazy for caring about reproductive rights, right, and the real problem is loneliness and abandonment.
Speaker 3: Is what he says elsewhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, which can only be which can only be fixed by voting for him.
Speaker 3: True dictatorship, you know what I mean. And only I can be the solution to the problems I was the cause of.
Speaker 1: Like he's basically like, come with me if you want to live.
Speaker 3: Yeah, shitty terminator, Yeah yeah, yeah rights terminator. Yeah, your fosters have been killed to live. Yeah. I don't know this is It's like he's just getting sleepy.
Speaker 2: Well, everything's just getting weirder and weirder.
Speaker 3: The closer we get somehow, like when he said he was gonna put serial numbers on immigrants, like it's the fucking Holocaust or some shit he said that last week. He's just it's just like now that I don't know, man, it's not this motherfucker cook and I let him the pulling. The polling looks bad in terms of support from women, so let's just march him out there and have him do this like act where he's like, and I'm your protector and your greatest threat, but I can be either. We'll see anyway, I love you, and yeah it doesn't. I don't know. Well, I don't think this is going to do much. But here here he is giving at least a SoundBite that he is a protector that everyone likes.
Speaker 2: He definitely sounds like he's a cult leader who is going to be like, and I am all of your husbands as well, and right, you know, like it feels like that's where this goes.
Speaker 3: I'm your protector.
Speaker 2: And then yeah, just rather than claim that his abortion stance is more reasonable than they assume, or that they should vote on the basis of other issues, which is like what you how you would expect him to address the abortion thing, he basically is just like, you're crazy. Once you vote for me, you'll stop being crazy and everything will be cool.
Speaker 3: You'llknock off the crazy shit and you'll come to your senses.
Speaker 2: Well, speaking of crazy shit, so the people the right, specifically the MAGA movement, has been trying to project their penchant for pet murder onto immigrants. With you know, right, the stories about people from Haitia in Ohio as jad Ben, but obviously we know who is actually just unable to keep themselves from killing beloved pets. Of course, first we had Christy Nomes's story in her own book about bumping off her dog and like how it was like kind of a tough decision, but not really. She was using it to illustrate that she's just like a tough leader willing to do the hard stuff. Yea, including murdering a puppy.
Speaker 3: I'll shoot a puppy in front of my kids. Man, that's the kind of leader I am. You know what I mean, I can do the hard work. Okay, thank you.
Speaker 2: But now there are allegations that Heritage Foundation president and Project twenty twenty five architect Kevin Roberts repeatedly bragged about murdering a neighbor's dog, like and this one is not yeah, like Christy Nolmes is obviously horrifying, but this one is just I don't know, it's like it's true, truly like criminal psychopathy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he says it a lot, apparently, like multiple people are like yeah, when he was working as like a professor, like we heard him tell this story, like in the hallways and like at a dinner party, like like to people that he murdered a doll.
Speaker 2: I only could he not stop himself from murdering his neighbor's dog. He couldn't stop himself from bragging about it too.
Speaker 3: Other like this is when he.
Speaker 2: Was a history professor, and he was just like telling other history professors. Roberts allegedly bragged to colleagues that a neighbor's pit bull was barking and keeping his baby up, so he killed it with a shovel. Yeah. The professor said that he overheard Roberts telling the story in a hallway, and two others. Another professor in her spouse claimed that they were told a similar story from Roberts at a dinner at his home.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, that's that's Hannibal Lecter shit right there. Yeah, oh my god, you guys loving your Salisbury steak.
Speaker 1: Well, guess what it actually Yeah, and.
Speaker 3: You probably noticed the distinct lack of pitbull barking this evening, because I killed our dinner with a shovel. Enjoy. It was just keeping my baby up. I guess that's what he That's like his justification. Yeah, baby up and so he murdered it with a shovel. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yah yeah yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: So when his baby keeps him up night, right, you know what.
Speaker 3: Happened to that baby? We still don't know. We still don't.
Speaker 1: He's not bragging so much about that one.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, not at all. But yeah, this is like a really like I mean, like not a it makes sense, I guess for someone who is like, you know, in the driver's seat for like this like Christian nationalist agenda for twenty twenty five and a second Trump administration is also someone who will dispatch an animal because it's inconveniencing him and also thinks that people around him are of a similar mentality, you know what I mean. Like it kind of encapsulates sort of what these people think, where they're like, yeah, and I'm gonna come out here with a really backwards take and.
Speaker 2: People a lot of people don't agree with me. That's they're just pretending not to agree with me. They're faking the outrage. They're all secretly murdering their neighbors dogs, and they just they're just looking for an excuse to make fun of old Mark right or Kevin whatever.
Speaker 3: The fuck is name?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it just feels like I mean this is like real like dangerous criminal, violent criminal, like predictive behavior like that if Trump wins, he's going to have just a menagerie of sickos around him to compete with. Like, I mean, this is what like Hitler's cabinet looked like, is like a lot of people with just like really creepy backgrounds and beliefs and all sorts of just horrifying shit.
Speaker 3: But even like even Hitler was a dog lover. Yeah, these German shepherds, like it's even wild to think it's like even a bridge too far for Heinrich Himmler and Gebels like a pit bull with other like what the fuck is wrong with you? But I don't know. This is just yeah, like again part and parcel of like the psychology of the people who want to be in power for a second Trump administration or have a influence over a second Trump administration. It's people who are like, yeah, dude, I'll kill a fucking dog and you know what, guess if like I'm like life is not even meaningful to me, Like if it's in my way, it's it's fucking trash. I guess how I can apply that to fucking everything.
Speaker 2: Roberts denies killing a dog with a shovel. Okay, but didn't bother to explain why so many people say that he told them that he did. I feel like you need a little bit more, a little more to go to go along with your alibi if you're gonna.
Speaker 3: Be like what a dog?
Speaker 2: No those people anyways, I'm gonna leave now right right.
Speaker 1: People are like, well, so we heard you killed a dog, and he's like, no, I did not kill a dog with a shovel. And they're like, we didn't see say anything about a shovel.
Speaker 3: I didn't kill my neighbor's pit bull when they were asleep one night. Yeah, okay, hop over their fence wearing my wife's hosiary over my face like an eighties bad guy and do that. What the fuck you're talking about it? Straight up?
Speaker 2: Robert Durst ship Yeah, yeah, yeah, of course. Wait, sorry, how many dogs did you kill?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: Nothing? Nothing? All even known? Christine Home took credit for all.
Speaker 2: Right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back.
Speaker 3: And we're back.
Speaker 2: We're back, and NATO wants to improve your movie going experience. No, wonder Biden was so reticent to drop his bragging about NATO. You know, NATO's about to do big things. They're planning to put two point two billion dollar investment into Oh I'm sorry, this is the National Association of Theater Owners. I love that they are just sticking with that. We're actually the more famous NATO. So yeah, everybody should just shut the fuck up. And if we're that NATO, ask them if they're that na NAT, because they're not.
Speaker 3: We're not. We are that NATO.
Speaker 2: They're gonna invest two point two billion dollars in movie theaters to fix problems that I personally didn't notice movies having. But yeah, Kaitling, you go to more movies than I do, Thank you so much. Are you ready? Are was this something you're asking for? They're like asking for They're like, well, I had bowling alleys and video game arcades like nineteen eighties shit, better air conditioning and better projectors, and I don't come line down to where the movies are played.
Speaker 3: It's dope, it's fresh, it's cinema arcave, all right, work.
Speaker 1: Great reference. That was wonderful. Uh yeah, I don't want any of that stuff necessarily. What I do want is honestly more air conditioning, bad idea. AMCs are too cold, freezing, oh my freezing, and so like lay off the AC honestly, and they're too loud.
Speaker 2: You need to pack for mountaineering to like go to an AMC. It's fucking freezing there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, so this is so NATO, right. They represent the likes of AMC cinema regal cinemas and they control about like seventy percent of the market. So they're talking like we're putting two point two billion, like twenty one thousand screens basically, And I think ever since Barbenheimer summer, like the industry has been really positive, Like the theater industry has been really positive, like that the movies are fully back. But now they want to evolve in order to compete with like smaller chains that offer premium experiences like IPIIC or Alamo Draft House, and we're like, how do we get in on that? So again it's like Arcades, it's bowling better, better sound systems, Caitlin, better seeding, improving concessions and like all this other stuff. New signs, revamped carpeting, which you're like, okay, But they also said that the competition the quote competition for consumers hard earned dollars is fiercer than ever. But I'm like, is making the movies a more premium experience the way like if you acknowledge the hard earned dollars part, but then make the move like, then make the movies easier to go to, rather than be like, well now you got recliners and shit this year forty five bucks for a.
Speaker 1: Ticket, right, And the thing that gets me to see so many movies is any is like a pass a movie, pass the amc A list, because yeah, movies are inaccessible price wise, right for most people unless you have some kind of thing like that. The reason I go to AMC's is because I have the thing. So they need to like incentivize people that way, right, not by being like we have a bull now and it's like, well, I'm not I'm going to see a movie. I'm not gonna go I'm not going.
Speaker 3: To your fast bowling. I get that they probably see an opportunity with like families and shit like that, but like to your point, Caitlin, like, if the point like if I think the emphasis should be on ease rather than like so there's more friction as it can. So for example, I saw Beetlejuice Beetle Juice the other night, and when her Mazine and I were looking at tickets, we based our decision on the price. You're like, how come to fucking Grove is like ten bucks more than this other theater that's like closer? Like fuck all that, Like I'm gonna pay fucking thirty dollars to be disappointed in a movie. I'll pay I guess twenty to do that. So like I get though, too, like on a premium experience is nights for like a date night. But I just like, if I get the itch to see something, I don't want to pay more and be like, well I need all this other shit Like I've I've always been fine with a dark theater that has a functioning chair that isn't dirty, and it's reasonably temperature controlled, and that's fine. I don't need to fucking write like I don't think the reason I'm gonna sit down and sit through Sonic the Hedgehog seven is just because I get to eat pizza in a suede recliner. Like, no, mo, you're gonna go for the film Glory. One of the characters is called miles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they do have those, like what are the what's it called? I think there are a few different versions of this, but they basically you watch a movie ever heard of it?
Speaker 3: And please.
Speaker 1: It's an existing movie, like one that came out probably ten twenty years ago, but it's like a beloved movie, and then they design a menu around it, and then they bring out so like, for example, this is the thing with Shrek, So you buy a ticket to this like Shrek experience where at certain points of the movie they bring out food, like the food that they're eating on screen, and they're like, oh yeah, a little eyeball cocktail and you drink that, but it's whatever apple juice or some shit. So I would pay more money for like a fun immersive experience like that, but that's only like something I would do once every six months or so. Yeah, so something like that, I get it, but don't upgrade your like shitty theater and sticking an arcade that I'm not going to go to and use that to justify higher ticket prices.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, exactly, like we this is going to entirely be passed on to us the phone doers, like whatever.
Speaker 3: Two point two billion dollars so much fucking money. Well, and what's crazy is it's because they've made so much money from raising their prices over the years too, that they're like, man, we got a lot of money we can play with right now. And that's kind of like, all right, next phase, make it more expensive, right.
Speaker 1: It's also like, don't spend. Don't give Nicole Kidman twenty five million dollars to make a commercial for the theater that I'm already at, Like, like, make your concession prices a little lower, because then I'll buy a popcorn. But I'm not gonna buy a twelve dollars popcorn.
Speaker 2: No, well, Caitlin, but you can't recreate poetry like Nicole Kidman saying. And we go to the movies because.
Speaker 1: Here to come to his place for magic. We come to his place to laugh, to cry, to care because we need that all.
Speaker 2: Really hit that last line where she's like because here it is like it's the fucking best line that's ever been written.
Speaker 3: It's like it is feels good in a place like this.
Speaker 2: You sick, all right, So I'm a weirdough I mainly go to the movies because of the movies they are showing there.
Speaker 3: What ah, I'm a I'm a sick.
Speaker 1: Of banjo, eric a banjo. Come on.
Speaker 2: The two pitures I've heard that are actually I think would benefit and make like movie theaters more solvent. One is the one that you always talk about, Miles. Do you want to pitch your.
Speaker 3: Idea, Yeah, being a smoke weed in the movie. Yeah, you can smoke weed in the theater.
Speaker 2: You can or at least vape weed in the theater, or have like designated smoking shows.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and like sell weed and like it's basically a glorified like weed cafe anywhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because half these places got a little mini bar like out front. So just fucking burn up whatever. Okay, all right, all right.
Speaker 2: One. The other one is like doing the thing that you said Kaylan about like having the like locally programmed, basically replacing there. There used to be this thing at video rental places where you would have people who worked there who had the same taste of movies as you, and they would have a section of like movies that they were picking. If you create because the other thing that we're lacking other than like independent cinema right now is commune.
Speaker 3: If you make theaters a place where people.
Speaker 2: Can like have Like we're all fans of Banjo Eric's taste in movies. Let and like he shows here every like Wednesday and gives a little speech before and then like everybody comes and like watches like his great movie selections for this month. Like I feel like that would be cool that and you know, especially if it's a place where people can like have drinks and smoke, like that would actually and local theaters do that, but like, I don't know if you're gonna invest in like making this a really cool place.
Speaker 3: Like it would be great.
Speaker 2: If people could just pay to Like right now, you can rent to theater and screen a movie, but it has to be like one of the movies that's out right now. It'd be awesome if like you could just be like, yeah, like I want to show this movie from the eighties, and like if I let you know, a month and a month and a half in advance, like you know, the fucking public library can get.
Speaker 3: A book for you.
Speaker 2: That's like rare, Like why why shouldn't they be able to just like get a digital print or like a print of the movie. And I feel like people would pay for that. It would be a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me and my friends want to see Dunstan checks.
Speaker 3: In, Oh yeah, a thematic menu, Yes, Baby's day Out, fuck you, and we get on the same page here. Yeah. But yeah, it's just like it's just so funny like what they perceive as the friction, you know, to getting more people in the theater. They think it's oh, this thing has to cease to be a movie theater with affordable prices rather than like, I'm sure so many these like you know, movie passes are becoming like huge parts of their business and realizing, oh, maybe like it should just be that it's easier to come to the movies, and that through having more affordable prices and I'm sure you're gonna sell you'll offset the amount of empties you have by having seats that are just reasonably priced. But again, these are mostly publicly traded companies, so line has to go up. And now they're like, yeah, they're gonna love these two point two billion dollars you put into like new seats or whatever. Like I feel like we're at the peak of the cinema experience right now. Like I don't know what else you need to add for people to be like, oh god, there's such a gaping hole in the offerings of what a movie theater is giving people. And I don't think they just don't. I don't see it.
Speaker 1: People are craving that four D experience where that splash water in your face.
Speaker 2: With water make it smell like someone farted on me. Yeah, you call me a dirty, filthy banjo, Eric.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, all right.
Speaker 2: Should we check in with the billionaires because we are always concerned about the billionaires. Over the past four years, we were worried, you know, like Bernie Sanders got a little bit of heat, you know, he got some attent national tension, and we on this podcast were like, Okay, that is dangerous. What is going to happen to the billionaire's wealth now?
Speaker 3: Because what if I become a billionaire?
Speaker 2: Yes, good news for those of us with a growth mentality. Billionaire wealth has grown by eighty eight percent in the last four years. Fucking percent is so wild after the scene Trump left office, it's grown by eighty eight percent because the pandemic was really good for them. Because basically every event it turns out in our current system is really good for them because they will take any opportunity to manipulate the rules to be better for them, and we live in a society where that is entirely possible and will not stop unless they are stopped. So billionaire wealth way up, staggering amount of money that should never be accumulated by a single person.
Speaker 3: Right, But if they're not, like, if they're not on burdening themselves of this wealth by buying Nazi memorabilia, Yeah, because.
Speaker 2: That's apparently not allowed anymore.
Speaker 3: Shout out Harley Crow. So what do they do then? Where do you take your ill gotten game?
Speaker 2: Well, so the problem with having that much money, we're learning it's bad for us who don't have that much money, also bad for them because they go a little bit crazy and they get very scared of us. When you get that much money, you start to be afraid of all the money you have because it is a unjust just irrational amount of money that you have, and you turn into Gollum and you start just wanting to be isolated from everything around you and treating everyone around you like an enemy combatant. And so that brings us to Indian Creek, which is a island that is private incorporated by billionaires in Miami's Biscayne Bay. Jeff Bezos recently bought in bought like three homes on this island. It is essentially a military fortress.
Speaker 3: At this point. Okay says guns and stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, oh well it has so it has basically a cop for every person.
Speaker 3: Who lives there.
Speaker 2: Not quite, but they have nineteen cops and I think like sixty something people who live there. So if New York had the equivalent citizen too cop ratio, it would be it would have like six point five million or something like that.
Speaker 3: It's crazy. But they all.
Speaker 2: Also have private security for it, like Elon Musk travels with twenty travels with up to twenty bodyguards at a time. So this Indian Creek place, it used to be just, you know, a place where rich people lived. In Miami, there is a publicly funded bridge that goes to the island that is part of the Miami like city municipality, And it used to be a thing where like people like this. One guy said, who lives like on the other side of that bridge, on the Miami side of that bridge, said the security is very different from how it used to be, and then recalled a time in the early nineties when he could bring his college friends to Indian Creeksgate and get permission from the police to give them a tour of the island. Now, if he approaches the bridge, the cops start flashing their lights and order him to back away. Approaches, approach, roaches.
Speaker 3: The bridge, not even on get the don't even fucking approach this.
Speaker 2: We can tell what you're thinking. And no, don't even fucking come close.
Speaker 1: You're visibly too poor to be anywhere near here.
Speaker 3: Yeah oh yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, threat threat identified. Threat identified.
Speaker 2: The community on the other side of the bridge is called Surfside, and people are like, uh, and on the island they call it surf with an E surf Oh my. So, but if you if you want to approach it or just like be in the same bay as this island, that's gonna be a bit of a problem for the billionaires who live there, because the trees all have AI equipped cameras that watch every boat that passes basically between the island and the horizon and is attempting to determine if it's a threat. People who like run tours out of Miami Bay are like, yeah, like you will just see a red light, like lock onto your boat and just follow you across the entire bay, and then if you come within a certain distance, the they will basically the security force will come out meet you and probably give you some bullshit ticket for like creating too large of a weak or something. Basically, it's just stay the fuck away from our island Lebowski. And yeah, so I don't know, like a lot of the surveillance technology and weaponry comes from Israel. So that's another kind of detail. We'll link off to the article. It's worth giving it a read. But in case you're a person who lacks empathy and wants to know why you should care about Gaza and the West Bank from a self interest perspective, it's because the wealthy want to do what Israel does to Palestinian people to all of us, and that is where they're headed. The extremely wealthy want to watch you and monitor your every move in the name of their safety. YEP, I just want to read a couple paragraphs from this article. It was on MSN. I think it was originally written by Business Insider. It says multiple billionaire security professionals I spoke with described an increased interest in security among their ultra high net worth clients. Some are shelling out millions on highly trained bodyguards or deploying high tech surveillance dronth Elon Musk travels with up to twenty bodyguards at a time. Others are building bunkers to wait out the apocalypse in Indian which we've covered before on Everygreen episode. If people want to go find that in Indian Creek, if you somehow evaded the island wide surveillance dragnet that Bezos and his neighbors have amassed through public funding, you'd still have to contend with the formidable private dragnets guarding their individual mansions. And then they speak to somebody who's an expert in this, and he says security has become a really big concern for billionaires now because there's never been more talk about the divide between the haves and the have nots, says Brian Daniel, who operates the Celebrity Personal Assistant Network, a company that connects billionaires to security staff. So basically it by pointing out that they have too much money for the successful operation of a civilization, we are forcing them to arm themselves to the teeth and in invest in military technology to you know, aim at us. When we're taking a boat by their private island, their private military fortress island.
Speaker 3: Oh man, I look.
Speaker 2: I also Tom Brady lives here, so it's everyone from Tom Brady to bezos.
Speaker 3: Baby, I don't want to have killer drones, you know, It's the last thing I want. But I'm sorry. Pours the increase in class consciousness. It's kind of freaking me out, I gotta admit. So now I have to arm the robots with weapons because yes, oh man, I just heard about like proletarian revolution. I don't miss it. It's just like freaky, stop this freaky stuff. So we're gonna go to this island and you will fucking die if you get near the bridge.
Speaker 2: How's that every time you point out how much money I have, another gun gets cocked behind me. I'm not even looking back there, but you're gonna hear it, and just know that you're making me nervous. And when I get nervous, somebody else shoots you.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, why I can't more billionaires just like go in those suns looking for the Titanic wreckage and.
Speaker 2: That really yeah, it's really the greatest. It was like the best we could hope for.
Speaker 3: Can't like sea level rise just consume this island or something too, and just render it fucking non like non operational at some point, I know, I mean, like maybe not in the immediate future, but I know that is a huge obviously concern in Miami. Yeah, yeah, Miami especially.
Speaker 2: I mean it was originally dredged from the bottom of Biscayne Bay, and so it was like man made I believe that's what that means. Originally just a place exclusively for white gentiles, that where they would not allow any non white or Jewish person to live. And the way they enforced that is all electricity was dulled out by the local country club. So if somebody moved there and was either not white or Jews, which they just couldn't get electricity.
Speaker 3: So wow, But.
Speaker 2: They they've come along and now they're super woke billionaires who will kill you for not having a high net worth. God make these fuckers sweat more, please, But I don't.
Speaker 3: Know, but this is it's interesting how this like the increase in awareness around the absolute greed of these freak billionaires. It also like manifests and how like different political campaigns are elevated or how discourse is controlled because yeah, they're like, no, brute, we need to stop with this like conscious shit, Like we we need more ignorant people to like completely ignore the fact that I exist and I might be the architect of a huge portion of climate change or whatever, or inequality or lack of access to certain things. Please just shut the fuck up or else, you know, more of us are gonna have to vote for Trump unfortunately.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, it is interesting that they the people who have access to, like all the information about like what they're doing to fuck up the world and to keep the proper amount of resources from the rest of the world, they are like, we better arm ourselves with fucking radar on every tree, Like we we better treat it like a military bunker, because when they find out what we're doing, you know, like it's very telling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're preparing for a violent backlash from people, and.
Speaker 1: So we should do it.
Speaker 2: We should, like resolution, you're forcing our hands. We're gonna have to put missiles next to the radars now, because Yeah, I was telling my friend about this. He was like, why have a bridge, Like why why do they even have a bridge, And the answer is because they have hundreds of laborers coming out because they're all like Jeff Bezos just bought three property and he's like building them into one giant mega mansion. So there's tons of blue collar workers having to go onto the island every day. So just just a note, Yeah, what we need to do.
Speaker 1: We need to learn a trade, we need to become masons or something, get hired electricians. Yeah right, and then we're like, yeah, we're here to work on your house. And then we do something bad.
Speaker 2: And we make their good their stone fireplace ugly? Yeah, not as good.
Speaker 3: What's the new Daisy Ridley movie that's coming out.
Speaker 2: A New Days ridd Daisy or no, which one is it? Is it?
Speaker 3: There's like some movie where it's like activists take over a thing and then it's like it's like all about like it's sort of painting activism, like these like Boogeyman type characters. Oh yeah, I mean that's coming for no, but I mean like it's funny again. How then you're gonna see like movies made that are kind of sort of being like, well, these people suck, because you know, I'd love to see a movie that was about kind of what we're describing Kaitlin, where it's like working people being four steps ahead of billionaires in this race to the end, So like when they think they can close up shop, it's like we had the keys the whole time.
Speaker 5: Yo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know that's what.
Speaker 2: The Ministry for the Future covers. If people We've talked about that last year. That's a cool novel that talks about like potential ways to activate some manner of change. But it's also I feel like, if you want to actually sell a movie in Hollywood, that shit's not going to resonate with the studio heads and the people who are approving the movie. The thing that's gonna resonate with them is like, man, it's poor. People are like getting scary, right, Yeah, that's why I do.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It feels like now more than ever a phrase that I love to say, do we're ripe for a resurgence in independent film because right, there's better technology that people have access to, and also the studios are just making dog shit. But I also feel like we're kind of in a sticky situation because distribution is now being kind of controlled more and more by the big companies.
Speaker 1: But by NATO.
Speaker 3: Yeah, by NATO exactly.
Speaker 2: So I don't know, Like I do hope that there's a resurgence in people making movies that actually are from the perspective of people who don't have a billion dollars.
Speaker 3: That's on that.
Speaker 1: Note, I highly recommend the movie How to Blow Up a Pipeline. Yeah about like activists who I mean, just watch the movie.
Speaker 3: This is what's This is the synopsis for the movie Cleaner, which is an upcoming British action thriller film starring Daisy Ridley. When activit just take over an energy company's annual gala held at the Shard in London, some more radical members of their group try to take the guests as hostages, and that's where Daisy Ridley's character enters to to help.
Speaker 2: She's the cleaner. She's like, I take care of problems. Knuckle cracked, knuckle crack.
Speaker 3: She's like apparently a soldier with a secret type of character in the building. It's like, I actually do have a such special set of skills, and I don't know why these people would attack the people who are destroying the earth with their energy. I don't know. I don't know what exactly the tone is, but that just sounds when you're like what the tone?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah right, this billionaire is actually fucking cool.
Speaker 3: Oh I'm sorry, just because we're making the earth uninhabitable. You think you can like resort to this kind of extreme shit. I don't think so, honey. Shout out Las.
Speaker 2: Culturistas, Caitlin Durante. What a pleasure having you as always on the daily Geist. Where can people find you? On folly?
Speaker 1: You can follow me on Instagram at Caitlyn Dronte. My website Kaitlynderonte dot com has like info about my upcoming classes and sometimes comedy shows when I do them, that is. But yeah, I think I'm actually doing a show in Boston in not till November, so it's a ways off, but hey, never too early to start plugging. But yeah, and check out the Bechdel Cast, the podcast I host with Jamie loftis one of my Olive Garden friends, and uh yeah we talk about movies through an intersectional feminist lens.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, amazing. Is there a work of media that you've been enjoying?
Speaker 1: The substance the movie Slim, Yeah, it's the de Me more Margaret quality body horror movie and it's awesome, okay, and the end miles.
Speaker 2: Where can people find you as their work of media you've been enjoying.
Speaker 3: Uh, find me on Twitter, Instagram at Miles of Gray. Find Jack and I on the basketball podcast Miles and Jack Got Mad Boost as we continue to break down the upcoming seasons for the different teams and their conferences. And also, if you like ninety day Fiance, I'm on four to twenty day Fiance. A tweet I like, it's actually we're talking about the loss of community and this has been a thing that I think a lot of people have talked about in just like not even as a joke previously, about how like bowling alleys used to be like a huge space for people to have community. And this tweet kind of sums it up. This is from at Lauren Underscore. Wilford tweeted bowling and is bowling is an undefeated, casual mixed group paying freedom to mill but forced breaks in conversation for your turn, opportunities to cheer on excellence in others and graciously accept one's own fa failures. The general the general convivial vibe of a bowling alley and connection to a shared past. Yeah, and that's like last year I went bowling for my birthday because I was like, yeah, this, I missed doing this and I love the pressure of having to throw a gutter ball in front of your friends. Because I always I always rise to the occasion. I can always throw a gutter ball when needed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my knees start shaking uncontrollably when I get up to the line, and then I go oo and then the.
Speaker 3: Ball just kind of bar you. I got out from my hands looking like that one animatronic robot in the Haunted Mansion.
Speaker 2: A tweet I've been enjoying. Christopher Malta Santi weighs in on current events at Malta Santis Thoughts tweeted a picture of Christopher and Tony eating out of the bottom, eating outside of the bottom bangu or no, what's the place the bing sat Alleys Satrialies eating outside of Satrialiti's and he says, I thought Moodang would be a cow tea on account of the moon.
Speaker 3: In her name. That's just hell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm looking forward to having more Christopher Multasanti thoughts. You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O'Brien. You can find us on Twitter at Daily Zeitgeist. We're at v Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram. We have Facebook fan page and website. Daily zeikeist dot com, where we post our episodes and our footnotes for link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode, as well as a song that we thank you might enjoy. Miles, what song do you think people might enjoy?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: Just some you know, classic Brazilian vibes, but but from again an artist who it's like a contemporary artist. This track is by an artist called Roge r Oge and it's called Existima Voles and it's a dude. It's a great track if you like sort of old school Brazilian music like George Ben that kind of stuff from like the sixties and seventies, like latter day Sergio Men kind of stuff. This is sort of super down that ali and it's nice to listen to, and it's groovy and melodic. So yeah, this is the track by Row And don't make me say the name again because what was it saying you want me to say? It's it's called exist Wuma bulls e x I S T e U M A v O S.
Speaker 2: Got it that that is trapped in my brain and not going anywhere.
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 2: All right? We will link off to that in the footnote for Daily Zeitgeist does a production of iHeart Radio.
Speaker 6: For more podcasts from my heart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio ap Apple podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That it is gonna do it for us this morning, back this afternoon to tell you what's trending, and we'll talk to you all then.
Speaker 3: Bye bye bye