Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio Our two on this Thursday.
Speaker 2: Good morning, those watching on Peacock or listening on our radio affiliates around the country. Jim Nance will join us a little later on Hello friends, We're a week away from the Masters, a tradition unlike any other. I just wanted to be on the broadcast just so I could say that, welcome, Welcome to Augusta. It's the Masters on CBS, A tradition unlike any other. But Jim, you know he's gonna hog the microphone there for a while in Augusta, and I'll never get the opportunity.
Speaker 3: Age seven to seven three.
Speaker 2: DP show email address DP at Danpatrick dot com, Twitter handle a DP show. We have a poll question here. Warriors Lakers coming up tonight. Got some over unders courtesy of DraftKings. Also the potential college basketball championship odds. Let's say Duke plays Florida. Duke is going to be favored by four and a half. If Duke faces Auburn, Duke is going to be favored by five and a half. If Florida faces Houston, Florida would be a one and a half point favorite, and Houston would be a one point favorite against Auburn with all the different scenarios with college basketball. By the way, the early Masters odds Scottie Scheffler, then it's Rory McElroy, John Rahm back in the picture, Ludwig Oberg and Colin Moore Coowa. Those are the odds. Speaking of gambling, the Gambling Podcast a little bit later on Shayan Irving Bad Larry Dylan the graphics guy, and that'll be available at Danpatrick dot com. NFL Draft will be there at Lambeau. You can join us. You can be in the studio, the studio audience, I guess I should say. It's at the Bar on Homegren Way, about three blocks from Lambeau and first come, first serve. You show up and we'll let everybody in until we can't let anybody else in. So that's Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Also have a meet and greet on Wednesday night from four to six at the bar, and all the dan Nets will be there with yours truly, taking questions from the audience and just saying hello, getting pictures whatever you would like, and be careful, Fritz, he will be hugging your girlfriend and or wife Seaton Poll question from hour one, would we be going to go with an hour two?
Speaker 4: Yeah, hour two. I don't know if I'm allowed to do this one or not. Oh but if you could only have Jim nance call one football, basketball or golf golf, that's it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I like listening to it, dude, football and basketball.
Speaker 2: I think he does a very underrated, understated job because he's got a Tony Romo is out on the ledge and then he's got to bring him in and to be able to do that and still call the game and do it in a way that you're keeping up with the cadence the rhythm of the game. I think Jim does a wonderful job. But I just think Jim. I think golf. Hello friends, we've gotten used to that. What else do you have seen?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 4: It does kind of feel like Jim is an invented modern day golf broadcasting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true. I think that's fair to say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And you know he's got his signature, you know, catch phrase at the end when somebody wins. The Masters are a big, big major, and he got something that feels like it's a headline.
Speaker 3: Yes time even iron.
Speaker 6: Eagle, I know Jim's got a lot more years in experienced on him. But you could you know NFL, college basketball, NBA to do so many different sports that well, where it's hard to pick one is something to be said for that. Obviously, he's the one that replaced nanc in March Madness.
Speaker 2: But I thought you'd be said, are you saying Jim does a good job time.
Speaker 5: I'm saying, oh, Jim does a wonderful job.
Speaker 6: And it would be hard for someone like for us to pick for Jim or I and what one sport would you want them to do?
Speaker 5: That's what makes it a good poll question.
Speaker 2: I guess it feels like you're trying to single out Iron Eagle I was talking about Jim.
Speaker 5: I have one. Irons payroll is going to be sending me a few bucks of mentioners. Now.
Speaker 2: Stat of the Day brought to you by Penini America, the official trading cards of the program. The movie Wicked is streaming now on Peacock, which is where you can watch this program. Six years ago today, Last show in the Man Cave, Wow, six years ago today, last one turned out, the lights, cut down the nets, some tried to cut down the nets. Todd couldn't use scissors.
Speaker 5: It wasn't lefty scissors.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course, end of an error. Yeah, that was it. Error e R O R end of an error error. Okay. So the Dodgers are undefeated.
Speaker 2: Padres are undefeated, quietly undefeated, and the Padres have scored more runs in one fewer game than the Dodgers. Dodgers winning in dramatic fashion last night with a walk off from Showhyo Tuning.
Speaker 3: The Braves are winless. I got I think I have the odds. Let me see if I have? Where is that? Where is that? Okay?
Speaker 2: The Braves are minus two point thirty to make the playoffs despite an zero and seven start, So there's still hope. The Lakers and the Warriors coming up tonight. I got the over unders courtesy of draft Kings Steph Curry off that fifty two point performance. How many points over under Steph Curry tonight Marvin.
Speaker 3: Thirty two and a half, Todd thirty four and a half, Paul.
Speaker 7: Twenty seven and a half, Seaton twenty nine and a half, twenty.
Speaker 3: Five and a half. Over rated.
Speaker 2: Lebron James over under tonight against the Warriors, Todd.
Speaker 5: Twenty six and a half.
Speaker 7: Paul twenty four and a half, Marvin twenty three and a half.
Speaker 3: Blue Blue, Blue Blue.
Speaker 2: Let's see Jim Butler over under Thomas Jim Butler, Yes.
Speaker 7: Paul, Jim Butler is five and a half points, Jimmy Butler is twenty four and a half, Marvin.
Speaker 5: Nineteen and a half, Todd twenty and a half.
Speaker 2: Seaton Jimmythy seventeen and a half, eighteen and a half, eighteen and a half. The Warriors are getting one tonight against the Lakers over under three pointers for Steph Curry according to Draft Kings Marvin seven and a half.
Speaker 7: Paul five and a half, Todd six and a.
Speaker 3: Half, Seaton eleven four and a half.
Speaker 8: Come on, you're disrespecting four and a half three pointers for Steph Curry.
Speaker 2: So that's coming up tonight. All right, we have a new pole question for hour two.
Speaker 3: Seaton.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're gonna put up there the Jim Nance pole question. Okay, let's see we also have up there, should Win Gretzky travel to all of Alexander's at Ovechkin's games. That's seventy six percent say yes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Wayne will do the right thing.
Speaker 2: He'll be there and he just such a great ambassador, so he'll be there. It's good for him too, because we've kind of rediscovered the greatness of Wayne Gretzky eight seven seven to three DP show email address Dpadanpatrick dot com, Twitter handle at TP show. Yesterday it was reported that ten investors are looking to partner up with the NFL and do flag football, so there is interest with a professional flag league. According to Commissioner Roger Goodell, it's going to be in the Olympics. They want to, I guess, try to spread the word about football through this in other countries internationally, and they're going to include flag football as an Olympic sport. In twenty twenty eight, according to the National Federation of High Schools, about five hundred thousand girls ages six to seventeen play flag football. That was in twenty twenty three. That's a sixty three percent increase since twenty nineteen, so one of the fastest growing sports in the United States. The NFL counts more than seven hundred and fifty thousand participants in its NFL Flag Football League nationwide, and all thirty two NFL teams sponsor their own leagues. It's here, it's happening now, what's it going to look like in the Olympics. I know that the NFL players some may want to play. You don't need brute force to play flag football.
Speaker 3: And there are a.
Speaker 2: Lot of people who are professional flag football players who wouldn't be able to play in the NFL, but in flag football they're stars. I don't know what this looks like around the country, around the world. I should say the NFL seems to be all in on flag football participation. I don't know if this is sort of their way of pickleball of let's get a lot of people involved in this, let's start him young. Maybe there's a senior flag football league. There probably are, but I think this is the NFL trying to expand globally with you know, just another tentacle of the NFL. But you're going to get celebrities. I think Serena Williams and her husband are going to have a flag football franchise. Feels like this is that new well Drew Brees and Lebron James. I think they invested in, you know, the professional pickleball League.
Speaker 7: Yeah, pulling amongst the investors are Serena Williams. As you said, ice Cube Michael Strahan has a team that's putting together an investment. They had a panel yesterday that was co hosted by Serena Williams, Caitlin Clark, and Eli Manning to put forth this initiative.
Speaker 2: Okay, if you fall in love with the sport, you get out and you play the sport. We all grew up playing flag football.
Speaker 3: So I'm fine with it. It's good. Yeah. See.
Speaker 4: I almost wonder too, if people are looking at things like every you know, sort of like the Olympics, that for a couple of weeks a year, we can get really invested in sort of niche sports, things that we don't normally care about, but then for a couple of weeks we absolutely can. They did that with that thing called the Soccer Tournament where it was seventy seven and like year two, like Pat McAfee was in it. All of a sudden, all of these people for a couple of weeks got really into this one mini soccer tournament with a bunch of random JJ Watt was in there, all of these people, and then it goes away. I almost feel like you could do that with flag football, say where for a couple of weeks I could get really into flag football and then that's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it might, but being an Olympic sport and you get to choose these sports that you want to.
Speaker 3: Introduce.
Speaker 2: If you're hosting the Olympics, then I don't know how many sports they allow you to introduce with the home country. But yeah, feels like the NFL is all in on flag football.
Speaker 3: I'm trying. Actually, I'm not trying anymore. The UFL.
Speaker 2: I feel like I'm getting enough football that I don't need to watch football with the Spring League. And this is different because I when the USFL started, I was in New York covering the USFL. I was at the press conference for herschel Walker. I was at the press conference for Doug Flute. When Doug Flute was signed by the New Jersey Generals. Got to go cover some of those games, but they were getting marquee names. The UFL is not in competition with the NFL. The USFL was in competition. They were signing these guys. They were taking them away from the NFL. And this is similar to what happened in the ABA. The ABA would or the AFL, they'd go out and sign these players and keep them from the NBA.
Speaker 3: Or the NFL.
Speaker 2: But the UFL, there's there's not a there they for me because I'm getting enough football now twelve months out of the year. I don't need to watch live football. Like I'd rather watch a spring game. If you said Colorado was playing Syracuse and Dion tried to do this, I'd watch that because now I'm seeing something, and then what's it going to be in the fall. I'd be interested in that. But the UFL, they're trying, but I'm not interested. They're trying. I'm not buying, but it's I don't need live action like that where I go. Man, I've been jones in for some football. I mean, we just had the Super Bowl at at the end of February. Here, we are, just got through March, we got the Draft coming up. Then we're gonna be getting ready for you know, OTAs, and then all of a sudden it starts. I mean it happens that quickly with the NFL. But I'm I don't know. The numbers aren't good at all for the UFL. But I don't know what is must s TV with them, the tune in factor. I don't know if there's a novelty to it that maybe I'm missing there just to be fair to them, but I see the promos with it, but just it's not grabbing my attention.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Poling, Yeah, back, like you said, when the USFL started in eighty three, you could watch as a football consumer maybe two games on a Sunday and then Monday night football. Now we have multiple options, league, pass, red zone. There's a lot of football to be consumed. You don't miss it as much in March and April, I don't think.
Speaker 2: But I don't know what's the must sy TV about the UFL because we've had these leagues and there's some gimmicks to them, like he hate me, you know, we still remember him, But you're still watching your go what's the quality of football that you're seeing? And I love that you're getting players an opportunity to showcase their talents and then maybe they can join a team, maybe they can get on a roster by showcasing their talents right now. But I don't know, Marvin, are you interested in the UFL? Are you jonesing for football? No, not one bit, Yeah, Todd.
Speaker 3: I'm not.
Speaker 6: I think they would have to add some kind of incentive, which I don't know how you would do that, like someone that does a certain thing in one of those games gets an NFL contract. There has to be some kind of gimmick for the Wow. So this guy could end up on my favorite team next season, But they can't really do that, I guess.
Speaker 3: Seeing you interested, No, but I would be.
Speaker 4: If I lived in a smaller city that didn't have a football team, then I would be super into it. But even that though, there's a lot of these are like places that have tons of sports options. Yeah, so I don't really understand, you know, why you would put a team in a place that already has a team. You know what, does Houston need another football team? Before I get that there's a lot of football there, but there's already a lot of football there. Put it in a place that doesn't have anything, and then maybe you get some.
Speaker 3: People to go, well, uh, take some phone calls.
Speaker 2: Coming up each seven to seven to three DP show Jim Danson An hour from now is we get Ready for The Masters? Coming up in a week from now. Week from today, The Masters gets underway. Take a break back after this Dan Patrick show. Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot Com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 9: Hey Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together We're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Why should you listen to Covino and Rich.
Speaker 9: We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world. We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss. And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together. I mean that says something, right.
Speaker 3: So check us out.
Speaker 9: We like to get you involved too, take your phone calls, chop it up. As they say, I'd say the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the most interactive show on planetar. Be sure to check out Cavino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific, and if you miss any of the live show, just search Koben on Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media that's Covino and Rich.
Speaker 3: Show.
Speaker 10: Hey.
Speaker 2: Otani's walk off home run gave the Dodgers a six' five win over The. Braves they're now eight and Oh since joining The dodgers last, Season otani has two walk off home, runs tied for most In Major League baseball twenty go ahead home, runs second To Aaron judge is twenty four get. TWO a couple of phone calls in Here adam In La, Hi, adam what's on your mind?
Speaker 10: Today, hey good, MORNING. DP i want to wish my dad a speedy recovery at surgery. Yesterday in regards To, LEBRON i do think as A lakers fan being woner, championship even though it wasn't a, bubble it does. Count still breaking, records still doing this, thing definitely. Deserving the number will be retired hanging up in The raptors way more so Than Nick collinson for the. Thunder that's kind of crazy to. Me Will Kevin durant's number be hanging up next to his In Oklahoma? City it's my question for. You and then start of the day on this day in nineteen eighty. Five Wayne gretzky of The Edmonton oilers set AN nhl record with his thirty fourth career hat trick as The oilers unfortunately beat The. Lakers THANKS, dp you guys have a great day or the best beat The.
Speaker 3: Kings beat The. Kings thank you for. That, yeah you.
Speaker 2: Know Nick collison is one of the first and a fan favorite Of Oklahoma city And. Durant if you want to Retire durant's number In oklahomas, LIKE i don't, care it's up to the fan.
Speaker 3: Bases anthony In La, hey y.
Speaker 11: Bet, yeah good morning.
Speaker 12: Guys Longtime lakers fan and a guy that always comes to. MIND i know The lakers have kind of standards when it comes to retirement and jerseys and things like. That But Derek, fisher you, know.
Speaker 11: He was a guy That kobe looked up.
Speaker 12: To he's probably one of the Few lakers that you, know he listened to when when he was out. Here he's got all five rings With, kobe AND i think as a fan, favorite you, KNOW i think everybody would kind of enjoy seeing his number up.
Speaker 3: There, yeah all, right, right.
Speaker 8: Is Robert orry's jersey going up? There Marvin, NO i don't think. So, OKAY i just want to make Sure i'm just a.
Speaker 2: Travesty, yeah but he didn't win all of those titles with The.
Speaker 3: Lakers it's also With Houston.
Speaker 4: Rockets his, name his numbers should be retired across the. Board, oh just Like Bill. Russell, yes across the board for. Greatness, Yeah, PAUL i still.
Speaker 7: Am mazed that people bring up this fact that The lakers title twenty in the bubble is somehow tainted by it being in the. Bubble what would be the reasoning behind that The lakers Were if you don't Like, lebron, right if you don't like The Lakers, lebron everyone was in the. Bubble it wasn't like The lakers a special bubble that they were in and the other players. Didn't you could actually make the case that The lakers were the first in The, west, right so they didn't get to play home court throughout the. Playoffs they had to play neutral site throughout the, playoffs which means they didn't get the benefit that they earned in that. Playoffs it's a weird, Criticism, YES i, AGREE i don't get. It it does come.
Speaker 2: Up, well one of those titles was in the, bubble like everybody was in the bubble like they didn't get any kind of advantage.
Speaker 3: There, Yes, marmon.
Speaker 5: It's not like there was a worldwide pandemic going, on one of the crazies.
Speaker 3: The, pandemic if you know WHAT i.
Speaker 7: Mean but what would be the following line if you said to, someone what's the, criticism what's the.
Speaker 3: What's the? Asterisk, Yes, ton.
Speaker 6: Did The lakers have more practices in a bubble atmosphere that we don't know about in previous years leading up to? That what would be the advantage there is. None they're all the same exact situation.
Speaker 2: That was a long time, ago but not that long ago where you just were watching And i'm it was like this ultra ultra universe or.
Speaker 3: All that cardboard cutouts to. People Joe ellenbid scheduled for.
Speaker 2: Surgery uh, man here we go.
Speaker 3: AGAIN i don't know if he plays.
Speaker 2: Again philly, Tried philly's had some really bad decisions that they. Made and we've seen the best of Joellenb and keep in mind those first two years that he came, in he didn't even, play but he was had that much, potential and then we saw some of that. Potential then we saw him be AN. Mvp BUT i don't. KNOW i don't know if we'll See Joe ellenbiid. Again Uh Josh, Nebraska Hi, josh what's on your mind?
Speaker 3: Today?
Speaker 13: Hey thanks for taking my. CALL a couple of weeks, ago you gave me some of advice about deciding when to propose to my. Girlfriend he said that we should take a road. Trip, well we're taking a road trip this. Weekend we're going To South, Bend, indiana and she is A Notre dame. Fan SO i thought maybe this weekend would be a good weekend to kill two birds with one. Stone so my question to you, is do you go completely? PRIVATE i try to go to the to the grotto On Notre dame's. Campus do you like buy her a cup of coffee and handle the ring? TOO i don't know. HOW i just was curious what your your thoughts. WERE i don't really have a plan, yet BUT i do have the.
Speaker 3: Ring and does he does she Know, josh that you're going to give her the? Ring does she? Know, no she does not.
Speaker 10: Know she.
Speaker 13: KNOWS i think she knows THAT i have.
Speaker 2: One, OKAY i would do something. PRIVATE i wouldn't do something having. Coffee you you need to pick the spot where you will always have that spot you don't want to. Go, yeah we got engaged At Joe's. Diner you want To maybe it's the. Grotto hopefully you get some nice, weather BUT i WOULD i would do something where you. Go whenever we go back, there we'll always know that that's where we got.
Speaker 3: Engaged. Josh, okay, yeah, no, no, no, no, Okay, hello you're going to hang.
Speaker 7: Up, okay you're going to hang up.
Speaker 2: You, no, no you hang up AFTER i give you the. Advice i'm doing a show, Here, josh good, luck give me take a. Picture. Uh in that, moment we're all counting on.
Speaker 9: You.
Speaker 3: Josh, YES i THOUGHT i didn't like their.
Speaker 5: Advice let's wait and say. THIS i was hoping you were going to say something.
Speaker 7: Else that's not WHAT i want to do.
Speaker 2: It, yeah great. Advice. Uh jenna In, Denver Hi, jenna what's on your mind?
Speaker 3: Today hi?
Speaker 6: There i'm just calling it a birthday the love of my, Life Josh, Allen just, Kidding Corey.
Speaker 14: Hill he loves you every single.
Speaker 15: MORNING i don't, necessarily but thank you and the dnnis for always starting our day off.
Speaker 10: Right but just happy, Birthday.
Speaker 2: Tory so, Wait, jenna you want me to wish your boyfriend a happy, birthday but you don't like the, show.
Speaker 3: Go bill By, yeah thank?
Speaker 15: You.
Speaker 4: HUH i Think jenna is tired of The bill's disrespect that we show them on a regular basis by not, mentioning you, know maybe like we just had a caller yesterday that was. Upset we didn't Include Jim Kelly. Moore Josh. Allen we ignore him a lot when talking about great. QUARTERBACKS i don't think we Ignore Josh allen if you're A bills. Fan of, COURSE i didn't know that we were building up enemies In. Buffalo oh, yeah, NO i don't want to.
Speaker 3: Know, yeah really, NO i don't.
Speaker 4: Know But bill's fans are occasionally, like OH i ever heard Of Josh. Allen we were, like, dude, Okay.
Speaker 2: Josh allen gets a lot of, CREDIT a lot of, credit a, lot, yes.
Speaker 3: Dang.
Speaker 7: Yes when your team, underachieves it's easier to be mad. Outwardly that's the psychology on that. One she seems to be, like the media doesn't back us if The bills have almost like teams in the.
Speaker 2: Sport what AND i can't give your boyfriend a happy birthday, Greeting jenn if you don't like the, show, like what are you?
Speaker 3: Doing at least lie to? Me wouldn't be the first woman to lie to? Me yes to?
Speaker 5: You gonna actually hated the, church she, SAID i don't.
Speaker 6: Necessarily it was a light way of, saying you, KNOW i could take her to leave.
Speaker 3: It, Yeah cory loves not.
Speaker 2: Necessarily, yeah but you want me to wish your boyfriend a happy birthday on a show that you don't. Like, uh let's See ernie In South. Carolina, Hi, ernie what's on your?
Speaker 9: Mind?
Speaker 3: Well, Hurry i'm. GREAT i got.
Speaker 11: TOO i know It's i'm. Common BUT i got two shout outs before the REASON i called for the, braves but two shout OUTS i want to give to all the boys and girls out in The south dot the hall or for all the hard work we've done after the Hurricane Leen and it's been a it's been a. Booger it's been a. Booger and the other things AT a shout out is to all the nurses and home for the N See nick you in the. Hospital you nailed.
Speaker 10: IT i can.
Speaker 11: Remember i've been, there done it and GOT t shirt AND i it's you can't say enough of the, nurses.
Speaker 2: All, Right, ernie thank, you and yes we echo those sentiments. There it's the great people that you don't notice until you have to, notice and, firefighters police, officers first, responders, nurses, doctors all of those. People and then when you know it affects you and your, family you're, like oh my, god they have to do this every. Day it's, like you, know my daughter works at an animal hospital and just see the vet and you know they have to put down, dogs animals every, day people bringing in their animal AND i just can't imagine doing that every single, day or two or three times a day and seeing you, know the, doctor the vet who has to do this and how it you, know we'd love our animals and just those, ways you, know being a, vet we're, like, man what a great. Job and then there's those other moments where you, GO i couldn't imagine not taking that home with me every single. Day michael In South, Bend, Hi, michael what's on your mind?
Speaker 3: Today?
Speaker 16: Hey dan just Heard josh From nebrasa is calling one two calling to give him some advice as A South bend. RESIDENT i propose to my wife At Notre. Dame so first and, foremost go on A, sunday go to The, basilica take her to. Church that way you have an excuse towards dresses up and it's not. Obvious or take you to a nice restaurant on campus and then after that take your time go through, campus go for a. Walk BUT i agree with what you. Said the grotto great, spot but be discreet at the grotto it's obviously need to be quiet respectful, there so can't be too. Loud the other PLACE i would recommend is there's a nice cross paths right in front of The Golden. Dome that's WHERE i proposed to my. Wife beautiful. Backdrop but, YEAH i just wanted to call in and give my two cents and that's the bluck to.
Speaker 3: You, josh did you get, Married? MICHAEL i.
Speaker 16: Did i've been happily married for two years now and have a beautiful. Daughter.
Speaker 2: Awesome, well congratulations and thank You michael for that. Update for those wanting to get, engaged a does In South bend At Notre.
Speaker 7: Dame, yeah pull one, issue, though you're going to spend the whole day walking around and waiting to do, this going to different spots with that ring in your, pocket in the little. BOX i would be paranoid the entire, time padding my, pocket you, know checking to make sure it's.
Speaker 2: There, well weather's probably going to be a little, cool so you're going to have a, jacket so you could always put it in your, jacket make sure you zip it up. There it'd be weird, though you, know you hug your girlfriend and all of a, sudden she, goes is that a box that in your your coat? Pocket, yeah Milk dud's nothing to see. There let's See patty In, California, Hi, Patty.
Speaker 11: Hi, Hi, Hello.
Speaker 3: HI i have a.
Speaker 14: Suggestion, OKAY i want all The Major League baseball teams to use torpedo bats On Memorial day to celebrate all of our wonderful service.
Speaker 3: Spens, OKAY i will pass that.
Speaker 2: Along torpedo bats to celebrate the military On Memorial. Day they might want to use them other, days but, yeah thank You patty for the phone. Call mike In, Connecticut, Hi, mike what's on your mind? Today we got a lot of random topics share with our. Callers, Hi, Mike, Well.
Speaker 15: Hey how are you guys doing? GREAT i was SO i was listening to like what would you watch for spring? Football AND i was just thinking, like why wouldn't now that college is very, professional why wouldn't there be like AN sec alumni team.
Speaker 10: Or league or at Their big ten alumni.
Speaker 15: Team and they could, play you, know the guys that didn't make, it they could. Play and maybe if they're associated and you, know you get to call up like three players like my quarterbacks to play in the alumni league for the spring so they get ready for the next.
Speaker 2: YEAR i would be fine with a flag football alumni league with THE sec and The big Ten pac.
Speaker 3: Twelve heck, Yeah i'm all for.
Speaker 2: That, look if they can show, cornhole they could SHOW sec alumni flag. FOOTBALL i would be okay with, that and you might recognize some of these quarterbacks or wide.
Speaker 3: RECEIVERS i would be fine with. That be.
Speaker 2: GOOD i have found myself watching. CORNHOLE i, have and in FACT i got. Caught my wife was, like what are you? Watching AND i said cornhole, championship as IF i had to legitimize it with. Championship and then she, goes, wait so they televised. THIS i go, Yes and then people watch. THIS i go, yes they, do, yes ton where do you.
Speaker 5: Draw the line though this?
Speaker 6: Tag there's people playing like the old hockey game where you're moving the knobs that actually was ON.
Speaker 5: Tv there's got to be a line.
Speaker 3: Somewhere.
Speaker 2: Okay if your son or daughter came home and, Said i'm going to do this for a. Living professional flag football, player professional, gamer professional, bowler professional, darts which one do you, Go i'm really proud of you or that's, Great.
Speaker 8: Marvin depends on how much money they. Make let's say the money is all the, same and what would that money be one hundred thousand? Dollars, Oh i'm.
Speaker 5: Super proud of.
Speaker 3: You but which? One, hey?
Speaker 8: Whichever oh, yeah, Okay, TODD i know which One i'd be least proud.
Speaker 3: Of which one?
Speaker 6: Is that would be the gamer because you're not getting an exercise and you're just kind of sitting there playing video games and.
Speaker 4: Cow that's not as opposed to, bowling where they're really at least.
Speaker 3: Dards, man you, are mister exercise as.
Speaker 6: At least to go bowling and make the effort to get to the bowling. Alley i'm not saying you're jogging, there but you're sitting there doing really.
Speaker 2: NOT i can drink WHILE i play, DARTS i can drink WHILE i. BOWL i MEAN i don't know if it's you're not getting. Outside they're professional gamers that may make a ton of. Money, yeah, Yes Paulie.
Speaker 7: FRITZ i think if you did, gaming you'd be in a full sweat by the end of a. SESSION i guess.
Speaker 6: It's intense because you're being, competitive BUT i think it's got to be something remotely. Athletic you, know maybe it's you, know you're working out your thumbs and your poems and YOUR i.
Speaker 3: KNOW i don't think you're aware of just how big pro gamers.
Speaker 6: We, said if all the money is the, same which One i'd be least excited. About if my friends and family, said what's your kid up? To he's from the couch playing video? Games you, know obviously stipid it and he made six point four million dollars beating everybody in the.
Speaker 3: World what about you see the.
Speaker 5: TOPIC i don't.
Speaker 4: KNOW i, MEAN I i don't really agree with like the premise of the, question because if my kid can find a way to make one hundred grand a year playing, Darts i'm, like hell, yeah, dude hell, yeah that's.
Speaker 3: Awesome this is a Todd.
Speaker 4: Fridge you, know if it was a professional flag football player making one hundred k a.
Speaker 7: Year it'd be, like, dude that's.
Speaker 4: Sick go, ahead, man do that for a few more years and THEN i don't, know see what.
Speaker 2: HAPPENS i kind of like, darts you, know it seems like that's something you could do the rest of your.
Speaker 7: Life, Yes, Paul, Yeah i'm going darts it ON tv and the production and the crowds are. Awesome and PLUS i could go watch my son or daughter practice darts at a pub And i'll if he's sitting there at the bar with my pint watching.
Speaker 2: Them and the best dart player in the world is like eighteen years of. Age seventeen years of. Age all, Right we'll take a. Break more phone calls coming up back after.
Speaker 1: This be sure to catch the live edition Of The Dan Patrick show weekdays at nine Am eastern six Am pacific On Fox Sports radio and The iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Wap The braves are owen, seven their second oh and seven. Start in the last ten, years of the twenty eight teams to start a season oh and seven since nineteen oh, three none has made the. Playoffs oh, yeah just out of the, Day Braunchy Mypanini. AMERICA i saw Where Ben roethlisberger thinks That Aaron rodgers is secretly holding out to play for The Minnesota. VIKINGS i don't think it's a. SECRET i think he wants to play for The vikings because if he wanted to play for The, steelers he'd played for The. Steelers say he's holding out for. SOMETHING i don't think The vikings are holding out For Aaron. Rodgers they've SAID jj McCarthy is their. Guy BUT i saw Where Ben roethlisberger talking about maybe What Aaron rodgers is up to or what his game plan, is and that's why he's not in a hurry to do.
Speaker 3: ANYTHING i think you play this.
Speaker 2: Out see what happens in the, Draft see what happens when you get to, OTAs when you start to have training, camp and if there's an, injury then Maybe Aaron rodgers would, say, yes that's a team That i'd like to play. For and you're starting to get more opinions, now and it feels like more information about the draft, is you, know three weeks. Away what's happening up top still feels like Cam, ward what are The browns? Doing are they going to go Abdul? Carter what they go shud Door? Sanders what about The. Giants feels like The giants may be leaning away to a from a quarterback that they do Have Russell wilson And Jameis, winston and maybe they would go With Travis, hunter and maybe they would go for a quarterback later in the. Draft but you're starting to hear a little bit more of you, know the over under For Shaudoor sanders where he's drafted is eight and a. Half that seems a. Lot it was five and a, HALF i, think or that's our. Bet paulie AND i had the bet does he go before five or after? Five AND i thought that he would go after. Five but you're starting to look at what teams are going to do or it feels like they might be a little more locked in, now but that would be you, know should Or sanders could be sliding right. Now at least that is the feeling you're getting from some of these. Reports and if you're The, giants you need to win, now if your, management you're the coaching, Staff and Does Russell wilson give you a better chance than Should? Sanders and the answer is, yes you, know in the, moment but you still want to have that rookie. QUARTERBACK i just get the. Feeling maybe it's The New Orleans saints and they're at. NINE i don't know if The. Raiders The raiders could Use Shadoor, sanders The Tom brady relationship With dion And, shador but it feels like they're Taking.
Speaker 3: Ashton.
Speaker 2: Genty now you do Have Geno, smith but you're looking for the quarterback of the.
Speaker 3: Future gino is a two year. Guy.
Speaker 2: Probably you, know If Shadoor sanders is around for The steelers when they're what twenty, one do they take a quarterback even if you Take Aaron. Rodgers, yes if it's the guy you, want that's why you don't take a. Quarterback you take your, quarterback the guy who you know is going to fit in with what you want to. Do there has been AN nfl trade and we're going to play THE nfl trade.
Speaker 3: Game you, Ready, yeah.
Speaker 7: You're the, contestant the only contestant we all. Know, oh The New England patriots are trading backup quarterback At Joe milton.
Speaker 3: To blank To, Blank Joe milton to The.
Speaker 7: Browns, No Joe milton played At michigan for three, years then did another three year stint At. Tennessee people are fascinated by his arm. Strength i'll give you a hint as we'll get. It he was traded to a team that likes, shiny fancy, things.
Speaker 3: The. Cowboys Joe milton has been.
Speaker 7: Leader, Yes Joe milton has been acquired by The Dallas. Cowboys Adam schefter report it, Okay fune fifth round compensatory pick For Joe.
Speaker 2: MILTON i Like Joe. MILTON i think that's a good addition for The Dallas. Cowboys although you, know wasn't there that report a reporting quotations That dak was going to be Traded AND i was, thinking nobody Wants dak thirty two come off an injury making sixty. Million there's nobody waiting in line for. That, Yes, Bully.
Speaker 7: Yeah The cowboys Lost Cooper rush and free agency to The. Ravens that was their. Backup Trey lance is a free agent as of right. Now So Joe milton is A.
Speaker 5: Cowboy.
Speaker 3: GOOD i like.
Speaker 2: That let's See tory And. Denver, Hi, tory what's on your mind?
Speaker 10: Today first?
Speaker 17: Time long? Time this Is jenna's boyfriend six foot, one one hundred and eighty pounds.
Speaker 2: Pull voltare, Okay So jenna called in wanting us to wish you a happy. Birthday but then she said she doesn't like the.
Speaker 3: SHOW i, mean.
Speaker 17: She loves Her, bills BUT i have seen enough coverage Of Josh.
Speaker 3: Allen, yeah but does she think we're Anti Buffalo? BILLS i don't believe, So.
Speaker 18: Phil.
Speaker 17: Saans Phil sans. RANTED i went to The Bills ravens playoff, game AND i don't want to offend Any it was, amazing BUT i am here to provide content for the.
Speaker 3: Sports, emmy do you love the show? More or Or jenna? More the Joke.
Speaker 17: Jenna, unfortunately BUT i am a proud member of THE tvc club or.
Speaker 10: That dads club got two of those?
Speaker 2: Shirts all, Right, well how about we Wish tori a happy? Birthday don't Like?
Speaker 3: Jenna? Uh thank, You, tory thank you for calling it? Contentness?
Speaker 5: King?
Speaker 3: Uh scott In? Iowa Hi, scott what's? Man wild calls? Today? Random Hi? Scott what's on your mind? Today? Hey not?
Speaker 18: Much? Dan.
Speaker 10: Uh i've had it With.
Speaker 18: Jerry i've been a cowboy fan Forever, landry all these. Years the only thing he did good was Hired jimmy and he wants to run a big top.
Speaker 2: Circus, okay it's, wait what pushed you over the, Edge scott that you're now no? Longer you just Got Joe. Milton isn't that enough to stay as A Dallas cowboy?
Speaker 8: Fan?
Speaker 11: No, no.
Speaker 18: Let's get a real damn. Well keep him out of The.
Speaker 2: It ain't, happen it's, gone that's not. Happening good, luck, though good luck this upcoming. Season whoever you hit your wagon To.
Speaker 3: Shawn And. Oregon, Hi, Sean, hey thanks For kate taking my. Call.
Speaker 19: Dan you, KNOW i feel bad for these Disgruntled bills fans, sometimes you, KNOW i look at The. Cowboys, yeah they're the number one valuable team in THE, nfl and then The bills are like bottom of the, barrel AND i think they know, that and they kind of think themselves like A cinderella and they kind of get kicked to the.
Speaker 10: Curb but you know What jerry.
Speaker 19: Does jones makes The cowboys, relevant and he made them the most valuable team in THE, nfl and people, like would you rather be The bills and nobody talk about? You at least The cowboys got something going on And jerry tries to. Win nobody cares about football more than anybody Like Jerry.
Speaker 2: Jones all, Right thank. You sean running out of. Time would you rather be A bills fan or A cowboys? Fan is that What shawn's. Asking, wow didn't think i'd get that question. Today Jim nance will join us coming up about twenty five. Minutes final hour on the way