Speaker 1: Hey, they're folks. In this episode of Amy and TJ. He can fly a commercial airliner, he can run a marathon, but for some reason, the brother King find love. Welcome to this episode of Amy DJ. Yes, Robes, Now those things. I listed a lot of people who are certainly fans of the Bachelor. Bachelor Nation folks will immediately know who we're talking about. But before we get into Piley, Pete, what do you think about that idea? The idea of flying a commercial airliner is wild to me and for most people they think that running a marathon is impossible. Finding love? What has been the most difficult for you?
Speaker 2: Wow, you really know how to tee it up. That is a tough question. Are you a journalist? Yes, that I think is the hardest of the three. I really actually do think that really well. I do think my parents will tell you they got lucky in love, and I do think some people do, and kudos to them. But I think for a lot of us that it might be the hardest thing. I figured out my career pretty quickly. I fell in love. I actually feel like climbing mountains and running marathons is far easier than navigating a lasting and true relationship really nice. I do think that.
Speaker 1: So it's not just the finding of the love, it's the maintaining of the relationship that's the difficult part.
Speaker 2: I think we can all find love in the honeymoon phase of things, things great. Aren't all of those habits just sweet and cute and not annoying? And then time starts to weigh on you and things get i don't know, uninteresting or not exciting, and things actually become serious. And that's the hardest part of it, right, I don't know.
Speaker 1: But I've only been a relationship with you for two years now. It sounds like you expect a very short honeymoon period.
Speaker 2: No, no, no no, but it is inevitable, just like death, and just like taxes, that kind of intensity cannot last. And I think we all get hooked on the excitement and the feeling of it. But the actuality of a relationship that last, a partnership that lasts, isn't that the hardest thing to find?
Speaker 1: And with that, Peter wanh wah wah, I mean, what the hell? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think I think Peter feels validated, validate all right, Peter Webber in the studio, my man, good to have you.
Speaker 1: Of course, uh, pilot Pete as he's been known as for so long, but of course a big, big part of Bachelor Nation for so many years. And yes, an actual pilot who is still flying planes. He might be you might hear his voice at some point on one of your planes. That is actually possible. He's also running the New York City Marathon, his second one, that's coming up here in a couple of days. My man, good to have you a studio. How are you brother so much?
Speaker 3: Yes, it's good to be here. I'm excited. It's fun. If you guys have any love advice, I could definitely.
Speaker 2: Use it, because, oh you want advice from us?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would love it what you guys got.
Speaker 4: Actually, oh, I will say, Oh, no, I will. I will say I have fallen in love and my first love was fine. I'll be oh, yeah, I was lucky to find it from a very early age. You know, the love with another person. The aspects still work on that.
Speaker 2: But do you think it's so funny you say that because I have actually said the same thing. I fell in love with my career. I loved my job. I loved what I did in a way it allowed me to have relationships that didn't need to rise to that same intensity because I had that isn't that isn't that. I know, I've done some major therapy and some analyzing of myself, But I wonder if you compare the feeling that you get from flying and the feeling you get from your career to what you may expect from someone in a relationship, and if that is attainable.
Speaker 4: That's a great question. I mean, yeah, I would definitely say that I feel.
Speaker 3: I really do.
Speaker 4: I feel extremely fulfilled from what I do and from flying and just the passion that I feel that's been instant for me from you know, the first day that I saw an airplane and going on my dad's first flight. You know, it's it's actually kind of interesting because you guys are just talking about the honeymoon phase and it kind of like fading out naturally. And I've you know, obviously I've had relationships in the past, and I know what you're talking about with that. But one really cool thing about my career and I tell people this all the time, and I think why, I just am so in love with it and who knows. Now, now you're getting me to think, really like, maybe this is my struggle and why I'm comparing too much the love I feel for flying in my career so with another person. But when I'm flying, every single time I take a runway, I swear to God and I put my hands on the throttle when we get our takeoff clearance, and I feel that power go up and the throttles go up, and you just feel the roar of the engines. It is a high that never diminishes, and it's the exact same high every single time. There is no honeymoon phase that like has ever ended for me, and you know, throughout the flight there's just amazing you know, sequences and the approaches and the landings. It's actually interesting how to think. I am so used to the honeymoon phase, not ever fading with that. And it's different though with a you know, a personal relationship.
Speaker 2: You know what's interesting, Pete, I just heard you describe everything that was in you your control. It was in your hands, and when you're in love or you actually are vulnerable, you have no control. And maybe that's what's scary. I don't know why too deep.
Speaker 3: This is groundbreaking here.
Speaker 1: I know we're going to get here at this and you didn't know you were being charged three to fifteen hour for this.
Speaker 3: This is some good advice. No, but you know what, that's a good point though, not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but do you make And she's always made this point about folks in our industry in journalism, like you're chasing some type of high a thrill and if you get it here and this other thing doesn't live up to that in some way. So what is your expect How have you found in your relationship then that honeymoon phase, the hand on the throttle, that rush, that that never goes away there in your experience? How how long has it taken for it to go away in your personal relationships?
Speaker 4: Really, I would say probably, I don't know, probably around that that year year and a half I think naturally for me is one I've I've kind of noticed that. But again, I'll be honest that, you know, maybe this is just a fault of my own, but I haven't really had too many relationships that have gone past that. Like I would say my longest relationship with ever having a break or a split has maybe been a year and a half, like approaching two years. Not necessarily something like I'm proud of it. That's just like the truth and don't I guess really know exactly why that is. But you really do have my wheels turning here because I think maybe that's some internal work that I could do on myself, and no, seriously apply that to my life, because I think, yeah, maybe I have expectations that aren't necessarily obtainable, and maybe that comes from a place weird enough, from a career.
Speaker 1: A lot of people can't see, but they can't see you right now. Your wheels are spinning. I can see it. Everybody in this room can see. Oh yeah, I'm not kidding this. Yeah, your wheels are spinning. As your wheels are spinning. Is it possible to go back and now look at those relationships you're on the spot here, some previous relationships through a different lens. Is there any chance that some of those previous relationships could have another shot if you started to look at and think about those relationships differently.
Speaker 3: No, No, I don't.
Speaker 2: Think that's a good answer. That's a good answer for me.
Speaker 3: The ones that have ended, those are done.
Speaker 4: But I can definitely take this moving forward and just you know, keep that mindset and keep it in the back of my head for sure.
Speaker 3: But yeah, not looking back.
Speaker 2: And you're all just want to make it clear. You're talking to two people who have four divorces between them, so we know what it's like to have believed and then realized and then made a mistake and had to own up to it and then say, what can I learn from it? I actually am somebody who believes that there is no thing there's no such thing as a mistake, because if you learn something from it, you could apply it to the next phase of your life. Then that's what needed to happen, because you were on a different playing field than maybe someone else.
Speaker 3: Is necessary you could be.
Speaker 2: And I do, like we do, relate to loving a career and to finding your passion there and then comparing everything else to it. And actually, but I believed at a certain point that nothing else could live up to it. So I'm curious, what are you looking for when you're looking for love? Like what would be? Could you describe the perfect mate?
Speaker 4: M That's a great question, you know, actually, real quick you just had me thinking here something also with with you know, my career and relationships too, And I think the expectations I've kind of put on myself, I've also like compared myself with also you know, lots of my parents, my parents being a pilot flight attendant, having that.
Speaker 3: Relationship and the way that all grew up.
Speaker 4: I've almost like wanted to like kind of mirror that in a way, and I like thought, just like the world of it, and you know, what a beautiful story and all that, And I think, maybe you know, that's some pressure I've put on myself that you know wasn't necessarily fair. But you know, in regards to what I'm looking for with someone, honestly, the biggest thing is someone that I could just be completely one hundred percent comfortable in myself with and someone that I can have fun with, someone that I you know, obviously they share the same values and you know, a lot of the same beliefs and all that. But at the end of the day, it's it's not not this crazy answer that I have like fabricated in my mind.
Speaker 3: Just like that that level of peace that you get.
Speaker 4: From another human being and that comfort and just being able to wake up every single day and just be so grateful and thankful to have them in your lives. Just looking for that feeling and I and I'm confident and I know that I'll find it, and I'm never gonna like rush it or pressure that at all. But I think if they're if I you know, obviously we all have flaws. I definitely think a flaw of mind could be relinquishing that that sense of control. I've always you know, felt that obviously being a captain for an airliner, everything's in your hands and like you make all the calls. Obviously, crew resource management, working with your team is is important, and you know no one person is perfect all the time.
Speaker 3: You need to rely on people.
Speaker 4: But relinquishing that control and not feeling that need is definitely I think something that could apply in my personal life with relationships and something I could work on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and.
Speaker 1: What do you think about the idea of finding love on a reality show?
Speaker 3: Well, you want to know why I did it the first time? Sure, for the first time, I.
Speaker 2: Guess we love to know you did it twice? Right?
Speaker 3: Or yeah I did that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, technically two shows, but I remember so I had seen an episode or a season.
Speaker 3: Actually, it's funny going back to career.
Speaker 4: My freshman year of college at Baylor University, and I me and my roommate we had just made friends with these two girls who were really like, you know, Bachelor Nation really into the show. And Jake Pavelka, he's an airline pilot ten years prior to when I was gonna then do it, you know, ten years later, his season was airing, and so they had invited us over to watch the season with them. We do every Monday night in the dorm rooms watching the whole season, and I thought it was so cool. This guy's like living my dream. He's an airline pilot and he's on the Bachelor. I've never seen this show and I get introduced to it. I'm like, oh my god, that's so freaking cool. Never in a million years thought that would be me ten years later, but it was a really cool introduction. And then I think I was like twenty six. Twenty seven is when I had gotten like a DM from a producer for the show to like apply, and it kind of just like went with it. I'd just gotten out of a relationship and I'm like, all, this could be kind of perfect time. And the main reason though that I decided to say yes and I wanted.
Speaker 3: To do it.
Speaker 4: This may sound crazy, but I just thought that it would have been such a like obviously reality TV can be odd and can be tough, and there's a lot of behind the scenes stuff that maybe isn't super super organic like a normal relationship. But I thought, how cool would be Like the hopeless romantic to me was like, how cool it be to have your love story? Hopefully it works out and it's successful, but if it is, how cool would it be to have that entire story documented and now have for you know, long after I'm gone and generations way after me and everything be able to look back and watch that love story, how it developed, how it progressed, and what it became from that one moment, and you know, all the generations after me could be able to like enjoy that and appreciate that.
Speaker 1: That's really sweet.
Speaker 3: It didn't happen.
Speaker 2: You did it for the grandkids that never happened.
Speaker 4: I kind of thought it'd be something cool to do, and yeah, sweet, that was That was honestly the main reason. It's not like I was like completely convinced of his reality TV that's how it's gonna find my person. But I'm like, that's a really unique kind of cool opportunity, and I wanted to take advantage of it.
Speaker 2: I'm curious, and I'm you sound like you're really good at giving honest answers. So I love this knowing what you know now. You did it twice. You saw the good, the bad, all the headlines, all the fodder. People love when you put yourself out there to take their shots and have their opinions, and they're not always nice or kind. Would you do it again?
Speaker 4: I like, meaning like currently another season in the future now, No.
Speaker 2: If you could go back, would you enter and be a bachelor, be a bachelorette contestant, and then be the bachelor?
Speaker 3: Yes? Yes, why I would go back. I wouldn't do anything moving forward.
Speaker 4: I won't do any like love type reality show moving forward, but just going back if I could, if I had my entire memory or race of what it happened or everything and the outcome. I'm just the eternal optimist kind of person and always just expecting the best thing to happen tomorrow kind of thing. And so if I would have gotten that opportunity to present it to me again with never having done it one hundred percent, I would have jumped on it just the excitement and I just would have been convinced that this is gonna work for me, and I can't wait. It's gonna be the adventure of a lifetime type of thing. And I'm never scared of putting myself out there and taking chances, and I never will be. So Yeah, I definitely would do it again if I had the opportunity.
Speaker 2: Is reality TV reality.
Speaker 3: You're gonna get me in trouble here? I mean, it is, it is.
Speaker 4: There's Listen, there's obviously a certain level of production that goes into it, and that's just the nature of the show and being produced and all that. But no, for truly, like there is, I can't put any type of blame or anything on anyone for how stuff may or may not have happened. You know, I'm insanely grateful for, honestly, the whole experience, the good and the bad and the bad. Honestly, maybe even more than the good, I'm grateful for just because I think the strength that I've gained from that, the growth that I've been able to gain from that. I think one of the biggest things for me going into the show that I didn't really realize it was like the biggest just mirror for me and like reflection point was I was such a people pleaser going in and I don't think I really understood it until kind of like the end of this whole part of my life you know, came to be. But it like it was just insanely just draining and exhausting and like just definitely like was a wake up call for me that I you know, you got to be able to say, now, you got to be able to like really just you know, do put yourself first in a lot of these situations and and and not just people please so much. That was like probably the biggest, biggest piece of growth that I took from the entire thing.
Speaker 1: You talked about the reasons you've signed up for the show, but in your experience, I know you talk to plenty of people who've been on the show, not just your seasons. Yeah, you are certainly a community. What what are some of their reasons are?
Speaker 3: Are?
Speaker 1: What are the reasons sometimes people go on shows because it doesn't seem to be authenticicularly trying to find love, that it's an opportunity. Now, I mean a lot of people jump around. I can't believe I'm watching love al and this dude was on that show, and this girl was on that show, and you know what I mean. So it's almost a career for some of these folks. So what what were some of them? I'm curious as an insider, what are some of the reasons you heard for why people were there?
Speaker 4: I mean, you're, yeah, you're, you're, you're spot on For me specifically, obviously it was it wasn't the career move.
Speaker 3: I was never gonna leave flying. It was just going to be an addition.
Speaker 4: But a lot of people they were cool leaving their job, and they were cool seeing where this jump and this leap of faith would kind of take them. Hopefully, maybe it would work out in a lasting relationship and you know, everlasting happiness with your person. But if it didn't, obviously, you know, the benefits and the rewards that can kind of come from putting yourself out there on reality TV and the opportunities that come about are are pretty incredible for sure.
Speaker 1: Doesn't it feel like that now? It seems like everybody's there for themselves and an opportunity versus love. I'll root for love all day long, but I'm watching these shows and really, folks don't seem to be in it for that reason.
Speaker 3: I wish. I wish social media.
Speaker 4: I know, I think social media kind of ruined it. Unfortunately, if I'm just being one hundred percent honest, it definitely I think was a lot more authentic before this whole thing, you know, the whole influencer world, and it's great, and you know a lot of people are very successful on it, and you know, I'd partake in that as well, you know, kind of like as a side hustle. But unfortunately, I don't think it's possible to. I think we're just too far down in the whole social media out in the rabbit hole to kind of ever get back to true authentic just looking purely for love and no other ulterior motives.
Speaker 1: And instead at the beginning here how difficult it is. Right, you can fly a commercial airliner, you can run a marathon, but the love might be the hardest. But still go for me and explain just how hard is it to run a marathon.
Speaker 3: It's very hard, extremely hard.
Speaker 4: I ran my first marathon three years ago when I first moved to the city, and I've never been a runner. Like before I've moved to the city, I was never a runner. I you know, swim in high school. I was probably the best sport. Football is my favorite. That was what I enjoyed the most, but it was never really into like long distance running. And so I moved to the city looking for friends. I know too many people here and one of the guys became my first, one of my good friends. He had challenged I'm very competitive, right, and so he had challenged me to America. He's a firefighter, and he had challenged me to a race, and I was like, Okay, hell yeah, I can do that, for sure, You're on. Meanwhile, I wasn't training at all. I took this on this bet, and I just said, I'm going to show up race day.
Speaker 2: Wait, I'm sorry. What can you explain for those of us who spend five months training and sometimes still don't complete marathons? How what was your plan? What did you think?
Speaker 3: I didn't have a plan?
Speaker 1: You show uperic.
Speaker 4: I literally showed up, and my friends like they the entire time, they thought, there's no way in hell I'm going to finish this. We went to carblow the day before at this Italian restaurant, and then we went back to my apartment and they showed They put on an episode of How I Met You Mother, and it's the episode with Barney when he takes the bib over from Marshall, I believe right, because he gets hurt and so he's like, yeah, I'll take the bid, like I'll go run it with no training whatsoever, just like mister confident. And then he runs the entire marathon and he's just plugging along and everyone's like, in disbelieve, how's this guy doing it? And then the end of the episode is he's on the subway and sitting down. He tries to get up to get off at his stop and he just falls over. Working like that's gonna be you tomorrow.
Speaker 1: And and that was me the next.
Speaker 2: So what was your first marathon? First? Let me ask you this. What was the farthest you had run before you ran the marathon.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna believe this.
Speaker 4: Three weeks out, I will say I did some training. Three weeks out from the marathon, I was like, I have to do something, and so I got out of my apartment. I was living in Midtown East and I ran down the East Side on the river there and I ran, I was gonna run six miles total, and I was gonna go from my apartment near the United Nations down to one.
Speaker 3: Of the bridges back.
Speaker 4: It was about six miles and I get down to the bridge and I am just gassed, and I'm like.
Speaker 2: This is I kidd six miles you were guessed?
Speaker 3: No, that was three miles, because it was six miles round trip. Three miles you were got And I like, how to stop?
Speaker 4: I remember I sat down on a bench. I'm like, this is not good. This is really not good. And so I sat for like ten minutes and then I pushed myself to go back three miles. And that was the only prep I did for the entire New York City marathon.
Speaker 2: Okay, jaws are both completely dropped, because, first of all, anyone who's runner knows it's not like riding a bike. You can't just pick it back up. Even if you have run a marathon before, it doesn't mean two years from now or a year later you could actually do it again. We all know this is something that requires like NonStop training. So you had a difficult time with three miles. What was marathon day like, twenty twenty one?
Speaker 4: So yeah, I mean this is just you guys are just gonna like think this is ridiculous. But so I show up again, I have no idea what I'm doing, no prep don't even have the proper shoes.
Speaker 3: I didn't even have running shoes.
Speaker 2: Wait, what shoes did you have?
Speaker 3: I know, I don't know.
Speaker 4: It was Nike like trainer shoes, like lifting shoes. I swear when I say I was so unprepared, I was that unprepared.
Speaker 1: And I was to trust him to my plane.
Speaker 3: I had no idea what I was getting in. I truly had no idea.
Speaker 2: It was the confidence of only a pilot. That's what I would say.
Speaker 4: So what happened, and there's a great ending to this whole story, But truly, I'm so grateful for everything, how it happened. So I remember taking off. You know we're starting. We're going over the Arizona Bridge.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, high on life. This is insane.
Speaker 2: I can't believe you're there.
Speaker 3: I feel so good. I'm like, oh, this is gonna be so easy.
Speaker 4: Why was everyone so worried about taking pictures? Like look with the Freedom's Hower in the background. Oh yeah, it was incredible.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: And then even when my buddies so we'd all started, He's like, dude, calm down, slow, don't blow down slow, because I was just ready to Oh wow. The New York City Marathon didn't know what they were getting with me, so I was ready and and then I remember, like four miles in the top of my foot started to throp and it started to get some really bad pain in the top of my f and at that point, that was the forest I'd ever run in my life for miles without ever stopping.
Speaker 1: And it's twenty two to go, oh yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: Sorry, but you know, I'm feeling good. And it's the energy, you know, you are feeding off of it. And the crowd is great, the crowd and.
Speaker 2: Signs shine, it's great.
Speaker 4: But you know what I like too, is it's just like it's this dichot or it's like this division here where I love feeling the energy from the crowd, but I also run with music right with air pods, and I love going that balance of back and forth of like feeding off the crowd everyone yelling and all that, but then also just being in between my ears and just like focus, like in a meditative state. And I'm a song repeater. So I listened to one song the entire marathon.
Speaker 2: What's the song.
Speaker 4: It's Kids in Love by Kigo. Chigo's my favorite artist, So it's it's different.
Speaker 1: I know you're going to do that the same song the whole marathon.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, what yeah, I just it's weird. It puts me into like a trance type state.
Speaker 1: And four hours same song. Yeah, but I know we came around with I'm so interesting, a little bit different.
Speaker 2: I know, I'm okay. So you're four miles. Then you've you've gotten past the furthest you've or the farthest you've ever run, but it's not stopping.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you've already in paint that.
Speaker 2: But you had twenty two miles to go? What did two point two?
Speaker 4: And and then you know, like miles seven, I started feeling the pain kind of shift to like my shins and like.
Speaker 3: Then and then I'm like, god, ship, this isn't good.
Speaker 2: We're only laughing.
Speaker 1: Those were runners, man.
Speaker 3: So but then what was crazy is that then the pain completely.
Speaker 4: Went away right nine or ten, and then it came right back like double is bad. And then I went through these cycles where it would go away again and then triple is bad, Like, oh no, this is really not good.
Speaker 2: Wait did you stop? Did you walk?
Speaker 3: Did you you made it to?
Speaker 4: And I was so proud of myself because I'm just winging it here and I made to thirteen point one, right before the little bridge, yep, uphill, and I had never stopped yet at that point, I just went thirteen point one.
Speaker 1: That's amazing, Wow, a half marathon.
Speaker 3: Stop him. Then I stopped a little bit to walk up that bridge because.
Speaker 2: It was the very that would be the Queensborough No.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, right after the halfway, and then I was good. I ran and then the Queensboro Bridge obviously I walked up that point. And there was moments for sure, like on first ab that I was walking at like miles seventeen, I like definitely stopped for like thirty seconds, which was a horrible mistake because my legs started.
Speaker 3: To cramp up and I gotta keep going.
Speaker 4: And then at that point it was pure My body was just like obviously saying no, but it was purest determination and will power to get it done. I was knocking, and I'm tracking my buddy too, Like I had like a good lead on him. So I was like, okay, that that boost of.
Speaker 2: Common you were ahead of your buddy. Yeah, had he trained?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Wow, okay confidence.
Speaker 4: So that was making me feel good and I'm like, all right, I got this little buffer so I can afford to walk a little bit, but I was tracking him, and I think that just competitive aspect kicked him anyway. So then I get to Central Park, you know, we're coming south down and then it's like the narrow corridors.
Speaker 3: That was just a great boost for energy for me.
Speaker 4: I love that I fed off that, and then I ran my fastest mile I think like a seven and a half mile, like on mile twenty four whatever.
Speaker 2: That's impressive.
Speaker 3: I don't know what, like a boost energy kicked in and I just like let it go.
Speaker 1: Because you know that shit was almost over.
Speaker 3: Yeah, God, a forger is coming to an end.
Speaker 4: And then I crossed that line. And this is where I'm saying, like I'm super grateful for it all happened. I know it was super dumb of me right to go and try to think I could conquer this with no training, Like not smart.
Speaker 3: I don't recommend that to any but you did it.
Speaker 4: I did it, Yeah, but I don't recommend it still, And I know I could have hurt myself and I was very lucky I didn't. But the mental place that that put me in crossing that line was a place I'd never been into my entire life, and I was so fricking grateful for And it was again you talk about like just a high that you're on and just a level of just being able to truly like in yourself you believe you can achieve anything, like if you truly want it, nothing's going to hold you back. That's the feeling I got right after that the last said no joke for me for about a good like month month and a half, Like I was on that level, that frequency, and it was I was applying that to so many different aspects of my life, and I just I was just compounded it and just it was.
Speaker 3: It was great. And I had never really felt that.
Speaker 4: Level of accomplishment and just like success on something because it's hard. It's hard as hell to finish one. And I that was the main reason why when I got you know, approached this, you know a couple months ago with Fabletics to you know, support me and run this marathon and with New York road Runners, I was like one percent, Yes, there's no way I'm saying no. This time, I'm gonna train, I'm gonna actually see what I'm capable of, and I'm just gonna have the time of my life, have fun, go with it and and do it again.
Speaker 1: So it's been your longest training run this.
Speaker 4: Time fifteen miles, so definitely put the training in. Yeah, well, not winging it like last time. I've had an amazing trainer coach Lance Parker, I've been working with and I've been working with a mindfulness meditation coach Megan Monahan as well. So try and take care of the body and the mind and everything and really see what I can do.
Speaker 2: I love that, and runners know we always say I mean, I always say I want to finish uninjured. That's like the always the goal. Do you have a time goal?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: So the first one I did five hours seventeen minutes, and this one I'd love to break.
Speaker 3: Four and a half hours. Nice, So that's what I'm going for if I could do.
Speaker 4: If I'm feeling good, I'll try to go for the four four hour mark, but I don't know four and a half.
Speaker 3: I'd be really happy with.
Speaker 4: What she used this time, Hoka, not the trainers yet.
Speaker 2: I'm curious, what was do you remember your hardest mile in the last one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was that seventeen. I think seventeen eighteen mile one is what always stands out to me. It's like that's you know, gradual incline on first ab there and that's where I stopped and I actually sat down for like thirty seconds. That to me was like the biggest wall I felt like I had to push through.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's interesting. That's coming off of the Queen's And so when you so for me, it's always once I get through the Bronx and I'm going up Fifth Avenue, you're technically going downtown, but you're going uphill for a very long that didn't bother you. That that was the toughest stretch.
Speaker 3: For me always has bothered me.
Speaker 4: But I would say for sure the first huge wall that I was like if there was any doubt that crept in, I'm like, can I actually finish this? It was at seventeen eighteen and I really had to push through and be like no, like we were doing. You know what's really cool is Megan, who I was telling you I worked with for the whole mindset meditation aspect. You know, she said something to me and so true. It's like when you feel like you when your body is telling you you're completely gassed or no, sorry, when your mind is telling you're completely gassed. And you are done, you have about sixty percent left in your body. Wow, And it's it's really it's a beautiful thing when you can like know that and realize that that your mind is just playing these tricks on you and it's it's trying to get you to stop. But you have a lot more left in the tank. And yeah, I think all that combined is just why push yourself. I love this whole the whole experience.
Speaker 1: Well, man, we will see you out and the time you're going for we might all be crossing together. We might, but that is what we're We will see you for sure there on Sunday as we get ready to do this thing. But man, it is an absolute pleasure to have you in studio. It's one thing. Look, we've we've done a whole lot of Bachelor stuff in our day from our previous days with ABC, so we we've always been even if we didn't watch the show, we're fans of the people we got to know over time, and you were certainly one of them. And it's so it's appreciate. It's really really great to have you in sto studio and be able to have this kind of fun conversation again. A little therapy here from robot.
Speaker 2: We just launched into it. We actually don't even know what we're gonna say when we say it, but I think that's.
Speaker 1: One of the fun But we're working on that ropes, aren't we.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I need to have a better filter sometimes I had. I had such a filter for my entire career for almost three decades, and now my filter gets to like go up a little bit. So I apologize for getting too are sold too quickly, But I do think there are so many things about career and even like choosing things like running marathons. People think you're crazy, right, but it all feeds into a larger scheme of our life and what we're trying to accomplish and what we all want, which is to feel to feel that we can do hard things right. And that that includes relationships, that includes marathons, that includes well, I can't even imagine plying a plane, but we're grateful for people like you who can. Yeah, that's the easy part. But Pilot Pete, I guess are you okay with that?
Speaker 3: Are you? Like?
Speaker 2: That's your Instagram handle, right, So you've embraced the whole thing, and I love that about you too. Some people try to deny where they came from, but you're like, I'm Pilot Pete and that's okay, and we'll be rooting for you and running alongside you comes Sunday, so good luck, and I'll tell you congratulations ahead of time because you're gonna do great.
Speaker 3: Awesome you guys at the finish line, it's that
Speaker 2: M