Speaker 1: I'm a homegirl that knows a little bit about everything and everybody, you know, if.
Speaker 2: You don't lie about that, right Lauren can. Hey, y'all, it's Laura l.
Speaker 1: Rosa and welcome back for another episode of the Latest with Laura L.
Speaker 2: Rosa.
Speaker 1: I'm host Laura Rosa, saying that three times it's crazy all in a row. But this is your daily dig on all things pop culture, entertainment, news, exclusive news in the conversations that shake the room.
Speaker 2: Baby.
Speaker 1: So we are back with another episode, and y'all know we do the behind the scenes of the grind checking and today I am feeling energized and organized, which is a great thing because there's been a lot going on as far as things I'm taking on, things I'm not taking on, and just you know, setting schedules around, and I'm learning a lot more about that. But I think I got a downpack, y'all. You know, it's it's a new space, new levels, new devils. But yesterday I figured out we have an announcement here on the podcast that you know, I need to do more of, like a scheduled pop in to court because I also want to make sure that I'm president at the Breakfast Club, and I'm present and available here for you guys at the podcast.
Speaker 2: So we figured out all.
Speaker 1: These things, and within figuring that out, I can now officially announce that we will also be doing an exclusive report with NBC New York here in New York at thirty Rock, which is so exciting every Friday when I leave court. So I'll be in court throughout the week, but every Friday, you guys will get to see me on NBC here in New York in addition to hearing me on the podcast and in addition to hear me on the Breakfast Club. So shout out to me for you know, getting my logistics together because baby Girl been moving and grooving and it's just important because I want to make sure that as I'm burning my candle, all these ends nothing suffering, which is not always possible, but balance is important. Now up first, in the latest rapper Silento, you guys will know him from the song Whip nine got sentenced to thirty years in prison after he pled guilty to the killing of his cousin. Now, this shooting happened back in twenty twenty one, and this is just a little bit background on the story before we talk about the sentencing. So back in twenty twenty one, Silento's cousin was found on the scene of a shooting. There were multiple gunshot wounds. There were you know, a ton of bullet casings found in the scene as well too. But then police found surveillance footage that later showed Silento leaving the area. He was in a white BMW. So eventually investigators were able to use the ballistics those shell casings that were left at the scene in a gun that they found in Silento's possession to link him to the shooting of his cousin, who died from the shooting. Now, ten days later after this was you know, all this happened and he was linked to it, and you know, he was taking in tucussody. Silento eventually confessed to a slang but he said that a lot of what happened was because of a mental health crisis that he suffered from since he was a child, and it was reported that in twenty twenty he.
Speaker 2: Tried to take his own life.
Speaker 1: But despite you know, claiming the mental health crisis and all of the things, there was a judge yesterday that still thought that thirty years behind bars was the proper punishment. So it was a Decap County District attorney who announced that Silento, twenty seven years old, had pled guilty to voluntary manslaughter, aggravated assault in possession of a firearm during a commission of a crime, as well as concealing the death of another which is his cousin, Frederick Rooks the third. So I received exclusively a statement from Silento via his rep in a statement from his rep about the incident, and what his rep told me was that she had spoken directly with Silento and that he would like to extend his heartfelt gratitude to everyone who has reached out with prayers, words of encouragement and support during this incredibly difficult time. Now, according to this statement and what I was told, Silento really wants his family, his fans, and his support is to know that he is deeply sorry for the pain and the disappointment that he has caused. Now, this part of the statement comes directly from Silento. He says, I will continue to make music and work on becoming the best possible version of myself. I can't reverse time, but I can serve the time I've been given lawfully and strive to positively contribute to whatever my new environment may be. I entered this industry as a teenager, often without proper guidance a direction. While that is not an excuse, it is a part of my truth. I pray for growth, evolution, and the ability to find forgiveness for myself and for my entire situation.
Speaker 2: God bless y'all. Now know.
Speaker 1: One of the things that the rep told me was that they wanted this statement to mark a step toward healing and much needed closure for everybody that was affected, and they're asking that the public continue to pray for all parties involved, including Silento as he continues to you know, deal with this and now having to serve this time and the severe mental health challenges that he deals with now. When I posted this story to my ex account, I'mlaura la Rosa. Everywhere into my Instagram, a lot of you guys were commenting, so you know, this kind of takes us outside into the streets, in the tweets, outside, we outside, we outside, outside every page because a lot of you guys had opinions on this. Somebody commented via my Instagram Laura l Rosa and said, focus on her sentence, King, We're going on the music right now. People were commenting with a lot of the same sentiments of prayers for both sides of the family because they're you know, it's two lives lost. There were some people who didn't feel bad for him. Somebody said, you know, he so he did this to his cousin, and we're supposed to feel bad for him. And another person commented that I thought that this was interesting. I'm stuck explaining these crimes to my kid. These artists need to get it together. When you get fame and a few dollars, get the help, you really need to get situated. To get situated, there are people looking up to you now, y'all, something like this is such a seri unfortunate series of events because you know, taking someone's life, you have to do the time for that.
Speaker 2: Like, I don't think that there is too much empathy.
Speaker 1: You know that is given or not even empathy, But I don't think that anyone's debating that. Like I didn't see too much conversation about like, wow, thirty years or anything like that, because there's a person who now is not living and breathing because of the decisions that were made. But a lot of people felt like Silento is so young and he's gone through these mental health issues. It's just sad to see because he had a whole career ahead of him and now his life is going He's spending the rest of his life behind bars.
Speaker 2: So weigh in.
Speaker 1: Let me know how you guys feel, what you think on either side of this, Are you sending you know, any empathy towards Silento because of the mental health illness that he deals with. I know they brought up his team, brought up the fact that he was young and navigating the industry and different things by himself most of the time. Or is it just a simple thing of it. It's sad to see on both sides. But you do the crime. You gotta do the time. We want to hear from y'all, so let me know, and y'all don't hold back online, so you know, don't hold back in response to me.
Speaker 2: We want to know how you guys feel.
Speaker 1: Here at the latest with Lauren le Rosa now in other news, because y'all know, I love taking you out of court a.
Speaker 2: Lot of take you out of court.
Speaker 1: Yesterday we talked very very very briefly about Diddy and what's been happening on the stand. I'm actually running late, but on my way to court right now. Not well, not right now, because y'all know sometimes I'll even do do the podcasts in the back of a uber because I got to make sure y'all get the episodes. But after I wrap this podcast, I will be headed to court. Jane Doe is still on the stand. She's going, you know, through her cross examination, which's where Diddy's team continues to ask her questions, and again the government is painting this whole picture of trafficking and coercion through her testimony, saying that like, you know, alleging that she was under pressure because she was so in love, and you know, Diddy was and still is up until now, paying you know, for things financially for her. But on the other end, Diddy's teams painting the picture that this woman was, you know, just a scorned you know, allegedly a scorned woman who resented Diddy because she was in love and didn't get what she wanted. And that's what we're witnessing and seeing in this testimony. Now, there has been some points made right on both sides. So on the government side, you know, they had Jane testify about a time where things got physical with her and Diddy, even though they alleged that she slammed his head into a marble counter. But what they tried to do was they tried to show, you know, in exchange basically what their physical exchange was, to show that there was some physical like there was a physical angle as far as reaction or retaliation if you want to say, an alleged retaliation when it came to this relationship, Like it wasn't all just emotional and feelings and jealousy. There were physical elements, which is, you know what the government has been painting through a lot of their testimonies when it comes to Diddy. So this is no different that in that matter, and that physical incident that they talked about or that they alleged they alleged happened after did he went on a trip to Utah with his family. He came back from Utah and allegedly Jane Doe was upset because she thought that he was on a trip with another woman, and she alleged then the other woman was really young, so she called Diddy a pedophile allegedly, and things just escalated from there and turn physical with both of them being physical with each other. But they showed, you know, photos of a door being kicked in because she alleged that did he kicked multiple doors in her house and and drugger around the house by her hair allegedly and punched her over and over, they alleged all of the things, following her slamming his head into a marble counter allegedly. But they also again are still talking a lot about the free calls. And one of the things that they pointed out with the free calls was that, you know, the government is saying she did not want to do the allegend she didn't want to do these free calls, and she was she was coerced to do so because of her love and because of you know, she felt like she had to play her role in order to keep up her lifestyle and because she loved her partner.
Speaker 2: Allegedly.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: But Diddy's team missing.
Speaker 1: But you enjoyed the free calls, that's what they're alleging, and that you use these freak calls allegedly because you you yes, you love this man and you still love him to this day, allegedly, right, But you use them to be in power or control of your own and they brought in the conversation that Jane had with Diddy after she saw that he was on a Valentine's Day trip with Young Miami, and you know, in testimony came out that after she saw this, right, she shot over these you know, she hit him up and she's like, yo, she dangled to freak golf in front of them. And when she dangled the freak golf, he ended a trip early and came back her way and the trip was with Young Miami, and that was This has been a consistent point of both sides of the testimony, both the government and Diddy's team. They're just using it for different reasons to point out different things, but it has been very consistent with this Jane Doe that she would see him with other women and be jealous because she wanted more to the relationship that she never got, including when she you know, saw the alleged when she saw the Cassie beating video and she says that she was with him that they did that released and then she let she didn't see him for like a month after that, and then that's on that physical altercation went down in Utah. But there's also conversations on the sand like audios that they're playing. Uh, you know, once everything dropped with Cassie, him reaching out to Jane Doe and having to yo, I need your support right now, I needs your friendship. And in these audio recordings you hear him say or you recorded me, he's also like not really trying to talk, so he knew things were about to get real.
Speaker 2: And she's just like she's hurt.
Speaker 1: She's hurt that again you know, have to see him with another woman in any instance. But she also keeps going back to she didn't want to do the free calls, right, She's not. The conversation is so like you got to read in between the lines because Diddy is isn't really letting her talk freely because he keeps saying I shouldn't even be talking on these phones. He even goes as far as to say, when you need me called Kk's phone.
Speaker 2: Who is you know?
Speaker 1: The woman that has been referred to so much in this case because she was working so closely with him. But he says clearly on this audio, like you even brought me a videotape on my birthday to tape the things that we were doing.
Speaker 2: I thought you enjoyed the nights, And you.
Speaker 1: Know, she's trying to point at and get to this was consensual, and she's like, you know, I've been crying for days and you might feel that way, but I really don't like that. It's that conversation where you know she's having to tell him, you know, you look at things one way. I look at things a different way. But I think with this, it's with her testimony. The biggest thing is going to be how does the jury already feel about Diddy? Because if the jury already hates him or despises him, or feels however, they feel about him negatively because of all the other testimony, all of the other things, her testimony is only going to add to that, like, we don't like this man. We don't believe that, you know, this was a scorned woman who was just in love. We believe that this horrible person in their eyes, right, this, this electorable person, did these things and manipulated and took over this woman.
Speaker 2: Now, if the if Diddy's team is doing.
Speaker 1: Their job, the jury will look at it the other way and they'll say, wait, so she was enjoying these allegedly right like to the point where they brought up one conversation she was having where you know, she referred to one of the like the escorts that they used to do the free Costs with. She referred to her Diddy and him as like the trifecta, like Kobe, Michael Jordan and Shaq. The escort was Shaq, Diddy was Michael Jordan and she was Kobe. Didy even talk about at one point how she went out and brought matching shorts for them to where during run of the Free Costs. But again, the government is going to bring this in and have a conversation about it a little bit differently because the government is like, Okay, well you might have done that, but you know, they allow her to say I was just playing my role, doing what I had to do to get by.
Speaker 2: I didn't want to do them. Diddy's team is going to come.
Speaker 1: Right back in and say, no, that shows you had power, That shows you had controlling this. That shows you how an option, That showed you wanted these things to happen, and you had influence over him because you knew that these sexual explortations that he liked to do was just that and you use it to your benefit. So We'll have to see how this whole thing plays out. I mean, we are coming to the end. Yesterday in court it was announced that the government will rust the case by the end of next week, so either Wednesday likely Friday, they will rest their case and then Ditty's team will have until right up before right up until July fourth to present their case and bring witnesses on the stand. The biggest question here is will Diddy take the stand. It has not been set indefinitely that he will not. I think it's unlikely that he will, but I'm trying to figure out who will Diddy's witnesses be, like, what will be powerful enough to turn the other coin on so many of the things that we've heard.
Speaker 2: And seen up until this point. So I'm headed to court, y'all.
Speaker 1: I will be bringing y'all the latest as always, and we'll have some bonus content for you guys as well too, as I'm making my court videos and just different things. I love hearing from you guys. Please make sure you're tweeting me at Laura l Rosa, you're reposting the podcast on Instagram at Laura Rosa, and leave a review wherever you're listening to this podcast, leave a review, give us some stars, give me your honest feedback on the podcast. I went and looked at the reviews yesterday and I hear, y'all. I'm listening, and we shaping and we learning together. We're along this brown girl grinding journey. And guy, Brown Girl, Brown Guy, the people, the Lowriders, We're along this low rider journey together. The podcast is my first baby, and you guys have been all welcomed to all the birthday parties in the holidays.
Speaker 2: That's what this is giving.
Speaker 1: So thank you guys for tuning in, all one million plus of y'all.
Speaker 2: I'm Laura La Rosa and at the end of the day, there's.
Speaker 1: Always a lot to talk about, and y'all could be anywhere with anyone talking about it. I appreciate you guys being right here with me. I will see you guys in my next episode.