Speaker 1: This is the Meat Eater Podcast coming at you shirtless, severely, bug bitten, and in my case, underwear listeningcast.
Speaker 2: You can't predict anything.
Speaker 1: The Meat Eater Podcast is brought to you by First Light. Whether you're checking trail cams, hanging deer stands, or scouting for el, First Light has performance apparel to support every hunter in every environment. Check it out at first light dot com. F I R S T L I T E dot com. Okay, everybody, joined today by h Avid Angler, Outdoorsman, adventure hiker and I even understand you've done some acting a little bit, rob Low.
Speaker 3: Of all people, I'm a better fisherman than I am actor.
Speaker 1: That's great, dude. When I started hearing that you were a fisherman, because people will because I like to fish and we do a show and sort of the criteria of coming on the show is that you do interesting shit but also like to hunt or fish or whatever. People will be I'll get messages to be like, did you know Robber little fishes? Oh that's so interesting And I didn't know. And it was the thing one of the things that caught my eye and uh karna actually resurfaced. It was you talking up to someone how you were going to bring him some mahi? Yeah, but I was like, he's an actual fisherman. Yeah, and the mahi you got a filet knife and everything. Well in the.
Speaker 3: Mahi, I spired it. Really, that's yeah, so it's free diving those those The last time I got a bunch of mahi was Look, I have to give credit where credit is due. It's my I got my kids into fishing really really really young. One didn't want anything to do with it, and the other one has leaned into it. So he actually has his commercial fishing license. Really yeah, my son, Matthew. Yeah, he's he's the only one of the few people I think with who passed the bar. So he's got his law degree and his commercial fishing license.
Speaker 1: Oh man, he's uniquely suited.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he really is.
Speaker 1: He's got He's got it covered from both directions.
Speaker 3: He's the one who's all like, we were out last weekend looking for bluefin Oh really we literally you guys.
Speaker 1: You guys are like you guys are into the technical efficienccene.
Speaker 3: Yeah we oh yeah he is, and I come along for the ride like I'm down to clown, Like he wants to do it.
Speaker 1: I'll go how old is he?
Speaker 4: He's just turned thirty.
Speaker 3: Okay, So we we literally drove from Channel Islands Harbor down to Palace Verdes, out to San Clemente back to Anna Kappa and then it was like eighty five miles. Like I'm on a car, that would be a long way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right alone on the boat.
Speaker 3: But yeah, the mahe was a spirited those That's what I really love to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how long you been into that scene?
Speaker 3: For probably about twelve Well got longer fifteen years when he started.
Speaker 1: When he started, okay, got me into it. And then, oh, you know, I want to change the subjects of something. I really want to ask you about your mom. I didn't know this till this morning. Our our producer, your krin. Your mom studied under Faulkner. Yeah, she took she said so wild.
Speaker 3: Well she yeah, he was the guest whatever, you know, for a semester. And where would it have been, she.
Speaker 1: Wanted, Paul.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's right, sick right, Oh that's crazy, man, I know she could be like you know, when I was talking to William Park, you know they call him down south Fakner.
Speaker 1: Faulkner, what apparently sounds like your goofing on him.
Speaker 3: Apparently she had a moment where she raised her hand in class and was like, I just wanted to ask you about the symbolism of the scene that you wrote with a such and such and the that, and it's really a throwback to the unconscious works of like man, I just wrote it.
Speaker 1: I'm grad I'm glad you like that part. Yea. So uh, what's what's did you specifically get your kids in the outdoors as like a parenting strategy. They just happened to do it in spite of you.
Speaker 4: No, I got it. I got them into it.
Speaker 1: I mean it.
Speaker 3: You know that's just handed down. I think a lot. You know, my dad is a loves fishing, canoeing, skiing, outdoors. I you know, my generation grew up out. You know, summer would come around and you'd take your shoes off. That was when I was a kid. It was like summer was here when your shoes came off. And that tells you everything you need to know.
Speaker 4: About like how I grew up.
Speaker 3: So it's like you'd get some tough ass feet. I grew up outside outside. I'm outside all the time. I hate being indoors. So when my kids were old enough, we would hike and fish and ski and and if it was outdoors we were doing I love I love it.
Speaker 4: I can't be indoors much.
Speaker 1: And you grew up around some squirrel hunters.
Speaker 3: Oh, I remember vividly the day I came to my Gabor's house and walk through the kitchen and there were philade squirrels out on the table. I remember, I remember that like it was yesterday. The Fugate family. That's that great Appalachian name.
Speaker 1: What was the name?
Speaker 4: The few Gates.
Speaker 1: I bet you some of them are listening right now.
Speaker 4: There are a few gates out there.
Speaker 1: That's my squirrel.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the few Gates, Yeah for sure.
Speaker 1: So when you had kids, how did you how did you approach it? I mean like, were you trying to you know, what do you got kids into it? Were you get what do you wo? Do you want to introduce your boys? Was it that? Was it that this is what I want to do, so you're coming along because this is what I want to do and I want to also be a dad, So this is the plan? Or were you trying to present to them a sort of uh, you know, a sort of split or dichotomy you know between your life as an entertainer, and your life is something with that's more visceral and real, like you know, like house, your t worry about it.
Speaker 3: Well, first of all, they had no idea I was an entertainer or anything that. Because I moved them out of LA immediately and we moved to Santa Barbara. You wanted to shield them from it, Yeah, I should say shield. That's a little aggress Yeah. I just didn't want them raised in a company town. You know, LA is like you know, there are company towns. Washington is a political company town. Detroit was an automotive company town. This is a company town. So I got them out of LA and Santa Barbara I live is. It's the kind of place where you can fish for three hours, have lunch, go on a hike, come back, go to the zoo, and then go home and you can do all of that in one day up there. So for for kids, it was just super easy to introduce them to being outdoors and we just would adventure. We just adventured, so it wouldn't be unusual to go, hey, today we're gonna go We're gonna set up lobster trap. You know, it's a lobster season. Let's go see what we can get, you know.
Speaker 1: Whatever it was. Yeah, do you do a lot of cooking. Here's the thing.
Speaker 3: I'm a horrible cook and don't cook. I can eat, I'll eat the hell out of anything, but like, I'm not, I'm not. I'm not a It's the one thing that's never probably because I have so many good cooks.
Speaker 1: In my family. Yeah that I'm just an audience member. So what what's the flow? What's what's the flow in the in the low household where you get it?
Speaker 3: You guys get a cool fish, Yeah, you get a lobster. So that's matt. Then I turn it over to Matthew. Matt my son, Matthew is.
Speaker 1: He does, He processes and freezes.
Speaker 3: That's I'm a catcher and an eater and anything between that is handed off.
Speaker 1: But at eventually want eventually comes around and winds up on your plate. But you're not going to touch it, for sure.
Speaker 4: It's not that I don't want to touch.
Speaker 1: It's just a cook.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and nobody ever told by the way, I was taught how to do all of the stuff that I know how to do, but nobody ever taught me the other stuff.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Like my grandpa who taught me how to fish taught me and snook was our big thing. Down to the golf right into Florida, snook fishing was our big thing. His nickname was mister Snook.
Speaker 1: You're yeah, that's it.
Speaker 3: You're in a lot of the like I said, I use the word technical, but a lot of the catches stuff.
Speaker 1: It's hard to catch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean just interesting.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: I never did a lot of my like bass lake stuff because I I just it was all ocean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not like catching bluegills off your grandma's dock.
Speaker 3: Now, although I did that too, but yeah, no, it's you know, game fish and all that stuff. But yeah, I never really learned the I mean like I can got a fish, I have to, but I ruin half the meat.
Speaker 1: Probably. How's your when you guys do what do you guys do with the lobsters?
Speaker 4: Eat them?
Speaker 3: I mean, here's the one thing I won't do. So Matthew. Today, today I was on my way and because dad, lobster season is I guess it's like in a week or something. And he's like, so let's take out. We have a boat, and he goes, let's go out. Let's go and I'm like, wait, so I will not dive at night and catch a lobster. It freaks me out. For some night diving is a thing. Yeah, it's a very acquired taste. I'm not adverse to a night dive, but I don't want to do it in the cold. And I got to be honest picking up a live lobster? Is it gives me the shivers or night? There's something Yeah? Yeah, no, for sure, there's something about it. I'm sure once I did two or three of them, i'd get over it. But I'll throw the trap down and do that.
Speaker 4: But I'm not.
Speaker 3: But he wants to go into caves and ship at night? Yea at night when I've done that. What what I've struggled with is you take for granted how much you can see around you. And then when I when.
Speaker 1: I dove at night with a light, how uh if you scent something somewhere, how long it takes to identify it? Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Where especially underwater where your whole entire existence is shrunk down to this little circle of light. Yes, and just the just the delay, and then things seemed creepy that wouldn't be creepy like I was diving at night one time in Hawaii and dove down under a under a ledge like a reef ledge, and there was a big turtle with a unicorn fish or sure, yeah they had there's a Hawaiian word for my conder.
Speaker 3: Mother tell is all the Hawaiian words sound alike to me.
Speaker 4: I hate to say it. It's really frustrating.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I got some friends will take great offense at that.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 3: All my Hawaiian brothers are like, you know, but it is like, oh yeah, it was a homahama homa.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's like ulu.
Speaker 3: By the way, my son does the Hawaiian pronunciation when he's over there too, and I make fun of him because he's not doing it on purpacly go for Matthew, that's a good fish went to come on. Nobody do calls it.
Speaker 1: But I dove down and there was this thing is grooming this fish is grooming a turtle's head, you know. Yeah, and even that seemed like, yeah, it seems like you're staring through someone's window or something, just seeing something like intensely in.
Speaker 3: The daytime night it's disturbingly. You guys, get a room. This is intertecies. Oh you know, I gotta I gotta tell you. Uh, so tell everybody about the tell everybody about the Quis show you're gonna be doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So this is very interesting.
Speaker 3: It's super cool because if you like trivia, which I know you guys do, and I love I.
Speaker 1: Got to introduce some people to you. But yeah, yeah, I got tell them what you got going on.
Speaker 4: So it's called the Floor.
Speaker 3: It will be on Fox, uh sometime next year, and you have eighty one contestants that stand on the floor. It's next year, it will come, it'll be out in after post January. I see, we shot it now, but it comes with Jane and each of the eighty one contestants are experts in their individual areas of trivia. So you get everything as identified by how as identified. And this is why I wanted to do because it's everything that you would you know, some of them are things you'd expect. I'm an expert on United States presidencies. I'm an expert, not me.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, that's interesting, but no.
Speaker 3: So it's everything like one guy. One guy was like eighties, one hit Wonders, another was car decals. Another might be species of animals, another might be you know, it's everything from the like obscure to the fund to the interesting to the intellectual. And once you you go head to head and if you beat somebody, you get their space on the.
Speaker 1: Floor and they're standing on a space that is that is identified with their expertise.
Speaker 3: That's right, Like Star Trek is a space, but literally you name it and we have an expert on it. So if you But then here's the thing.
Speaker 1: I was looking at the trailer for it, and I can see the spaces, and I was very intrigued by the space. Yes, a wide variety like wildlife. How I can't put wild animals child actors. So let's say you're the wild animal dude and you're next to the child actor dude. At some point, what's that it's so.
Speaker 3: Bad your area of expertise be I would do well in wild animals. Okay, but here's the problem.
Speaker 1: So but then I got I don't want That's what I'm worried about.
Speaker 4: You got to battle. Let's say you got a battle.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 3: You got to battle them in their category.
Speaker 1: That's what That's where I find that this whole setup is like you get your you're gonna it's good because you're gonna find what's that called someone that knows everything? A polymath?
Speaker 3: Yes, polymorph, you're gonna find one of them. Yeah, in the end, it's.
Speaker 4: Super, It's it's super.
Speaker 3: And then you get into the sort of like the board game risk, where you're like, I'd rather go back to the floor and not compete and stand my ground and then potentially face when you win, you inherit that category, and then you have to defend. Then you have to defend that over extend your so you might you might win. But now we're defending a category you really don't know anything about.
Speaker 2: And it's a rare trivia show where it like carries over to the next episode, right, Like, isn't it like all later episodes build to one winner.
Speaker 4: That's exactly right.
Speaker 1: It's time for me to make an introduction. We have a trivia show, but it's all outdoors amazing and it's on the same feet as people are listening. No, this show comes out what mondays Mondays Wednesdays is media Trivia's This is a trivia hole Spencer new Heart. I want to introduce you guys. You guys built talks, some shop yet how to property Conductor Quiz show. Yeah, and Spencer has. Spencer has some So we have a board game coming out the hold the thing up.
Speaker 4: I saw it when I walked in.
Speaker 1: Let's sick. So we have a board game coming out now. First, our Trevia show deal is that it's the only game show where conservation always wins because the winner always gets to make a The winner makes a donation on our behalf. That am I putting that right? Yeah? The winner makes a donation on our behalf to the conservation organization of their choosing, and so proceeds from the board game all go to support conservation organizations while they have conservation orgs.
Speaker 2: No one dollar per board game that's sold.
Speaker 1: Per board game that sold great, So how's that going with this? Oh, he Spencer is gonna pull some never before seen by me film questions. So the collision of film in the outdoors.
Speaker 4: Let's go.
Speaker 2: So we have we have eight categories in the board game, hunting, fishing, conservation, cooking, woodsmanship, gear, wildlife, and natural history.
Speaker 3: Amazing some of those I bet, Yeah, let's go, let's throw down, man, and some of us are like, oh, I'm screwed.
Speaker 2: Well, so I went through the questions. There's eight hundred questions in the game, and I pulled five of them that are related to cinema. Let's go, that's what.
Speaker 1: We're gonna ask. All right, ready to serious the deal. I want to ask a couple of questions.
Speaker 3: So excited, Spencer told me, I want very competitive about this. Spencer wants to play me on these games.
Speaker 4: This is our favorite thing that we do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is the main This is doctor Randall Williams. He's got a pH d in history.
Speaker 4: I've never brought it up. Steve brings up all the time. Wow, that's really cool.
Speaker 3: So he's here because he's he's a son Matthew, Who've been talking about a lot. He's military history major.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 1: I would seriously consider if you guys go into a second season on the show floor, I would seriously consider putting doctor Randall on the.
Speaker 4: Child actors square.
Speaker 3: That would be Adam Rich. I was seriously consider putting in on that floor. He's going to have a lot of little squares. Yeah, so Spencer warned me. Spencer said he thinks that I would know all the questions, but I haven't seen him.
Speaker 1: But one of the problems is, and here's I just want to set this up to. I want you to see why you're at a disadvantage. All right, So we work together on a lot of different projects, book publishing stuff, video stuff, podcast stuff, audio projects. So over the course of a lot of years. We've been working together for how long five years? So even though we haven't conspired about the questions, we just have a lot of the same input.
Speaker 3: So it's a little unfair, I understand. So if it doesn't work out for you and later, are we playing against each other?
Speaker 1: Is that what's happening? No, not really.
Speaker 6: I just want to point later, if somebody like one of your buddies is going to come to you, and and maybe one of your buddies is coming and be like, oh see, like you got beat in those questions, you'd be able to say, well, here's the deal.
Speaker 1: Those guys all work together, and they all like.
Speaker 4: They're in a mind melding.
Speaker 1: They're in a little.
Speaker 4: Group thing exactly. It's a hive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so I'm just laying I'm just helping you out with.
Speaker 4: How fucking hive mentality?
Speaker 1: I came up again? You got it? You got it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Sorry, cut that out. So when he uses his friends, it was surprised.
Speaker 4: It was a good phrase.
Speaker 3: Hive mentality.
Speaker 2: Now, before we play the trivia, I was going to suggest introducing you today because I had this assumption that you were at one point named one of the sexiest men Alive by People magazine.
Speaker 3: Man, well you've you've gone right to my Achilles heel.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I wan't view that like a very strong heel. Now, So I was certain of it, and so I googled that. I google robb Low sexiest Man Alive, and it turns out he hands it made it. But but he has been on Let me read you this article.
Speaker 3: I'm saying, he says top ten guys says not the sexiest man, top.
Speaker 2: Ten guys who were surprisingly never named sexiest man alive.
Speaker 1: Oh that's better. Good. So you're on that Lis Sleeper sexy man. Do you want to know who else is there with you?
Speaker 2: Ricky Martin, John Stamos, Robert Downey Junior, Justin Timberlake, John Hamm, Leonardo DiCaprio, Will Smith, Ryan Gosling's top Rich.
Speaker 3: That makes me feel so much better.
Speaker 1: Who's the sexiest man alive? Right now? Is it still a thing that it kind of gets like it's a real thing.
Speaker 2: Do you still think you have a chance, could you do it?
Speaker 3: I've decided what they're gonna do now, is that that that bullshit thing they do where they give you the oscar where you're really really old.
Speaker 1: And something life a lifetime of sexiness.
Speaker 3: I'm going to get the sexiest man alive when I'm like seventy.
Speaker 1: That'd be great.
Speaker 3: Though they've waited this long. There's no reason to give it to me now, huh. So they're gonna wait till I'm not clearly not sexiest sure, and then be like, see what we did?
Speaker 2: We we we give it.
Speaker 4: To an old guy?
Speaker 1: Are we cool?
Speaker 3: And that would make online dating just so easy. It's just it's like sexiest man alive.
Speaker 1: Literally, there's my cars. Just there's nothing, there's nothing more needs to be said.
Speaker 2: So I was ready to introduce you that way, but but instead you're one of the top ten sexies.
Speaker 1: So you fact checked your own who has never.
Speaker 2: Been one of the sexiest men alive?
Speaker 1: Do it one of the ten.
Speaker 3: It simply won't be forced one of the ten sexiest men who was not recognized for that.
Speaker 2: Sexy That's right, it's a good list, all right. Here here's the first question. There's five questions he's are all related to cinema, but still with time. We have a time limit here. I just whenever you come up with the great see you.
Speaker 4: Guys, I love it.
Speaker 1: I'm like that. So what's that? What's on that screen there?
Speaker 5: You?
Speaker 1: I don't know if this work.
Speaker 7: Screens off, Steve, I promise.
Speaker 1: Typing in and it's like even they might have.
Speaker 3: Some headphones curve from the Golden State Warriors here.
Speaker 1: That's good. I don't think you've ever heard that one.
Speaker 7: You feel not a basketball guy, I said, but I knew it was basketball.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Golden State Warriors, they've only won four titles. It's great any resemblance.
Speaker 1: Totally.
Speaker 2: All right, This was question seven O seven and no one, no one's ever heard these questions before. This is the first time. Well this is for I haven't heard the question if Steve, If you guys want we're conversing, sure, we'll see how competition not a contest?
Speaker 3: I think we should have the competition. What's the okay a question? I have produced two network game shows, So can I just say here's how I think we do this.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he's rank.
Speaker 3: We're playing together against each other.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's it's a race.
Speaker 3: To answer first. But once you answer first, that's your answer, and the who and the other guy who maybe hasn't gone first, has as long as he wants.
Speaker 2: And I got to stop reading the question as soon as one of you is like you know the answer.
Speaker 4: You can't interrupt. Can you interrupt with your answer or do the minute you think you know it? You can do it.
Speaker 1: I can tell you something. This is going to seem metaphysical now, and then he'll be reading a question and he won't have something will visit me. No, it's not that I know it. I just I know that I know it.
Speaker 3: I know I know I that. That was when my wife and I play charades.
Speaker 1: Okay, she'd be okay.
Speaker 3: It's a movie, and I'll but you know, you're like whatever, that's what I know, because you'll be like an aquifer and I'll be like, it's because it's only it's only like as ever heard of, right, And by the way, the fact that I've not heard of that at all makes me feel like I've set myself.
Speaker 4: Up really radical.
Speaker 1: We tried to get you out of it.
Speaker 7: I know, I know I.
Speaker 4: Made this way harder on myself than I needed to.
Speaker 2: So it's it's whoever answers first between the two of you is going to play as well. Okay, if not speed.
Speaker 4: Speed answers give me a bit of anxiety.
Speaker 1: That's why I put it in here. Doctor Randall needs to be in it.
Speaker 3: By the way, the only reason I think I have a shot is because they're film related.
Speaker 2: Sure, this is very deliberate.
Speaker 1: Okay, good, Yeah, it's not like awkward for questions. Okay, is everybody ready?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: This is question seven oh seven? Who portrayed Jeremiah Johnson? I think I just said, did you even understand what they said?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 7: That was.
Speaker 3: Can I tell anything before you started the question? And I'm not kidding. I almost said Jeremia john I.
Speaker 7: Literally said you.
Speaker 3: I literally almost did before he started any question, because when you think of wilderness and film, yeah, Jeremi john j Johnson.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the next thing he's gonna do is go deer runner even the easy careful?
Speaker 2: Now did you even hear what their answer was?
Speaker 5: I was.
Speaker 4: Engineer. It was very clearly clear.
Speaker 2: Was it all three of you were in on that?
Speaker 4: I wait, wait, here's our judge?
Speaker 1: Okay, No, I I said no, I just made it. I went like this, which wasn't what you're supposed to do?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I didn't make it. I didn't actually came out with the full question.
Speaker 2: Who portrayed Jeremiah Johnson in the nineteen seventy two film Jeremiah Johnson, What do you Got the Cards?
Speaker 3: You know the answer Robert Redford, he said, he said Jeremi, you said Jermy, and I was on it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, gets a point. Seen that movie a thousand point.
Speaker 2: There you go, He's he's winning one to zero.
Speaker 1: You know what I like about that? One of the many things I like about that movie. I tried to explain to people.
Speaker 8: Your favorite movie, right, Well, can we just it's very it's very dated, oh like that, but but not not within context of its genre.
Speaker 1: Mates. Oh interesting, So it's dated, yes, but not if you line it up with Charlton Heston's The Mountain Men, right, then it seems like it was made in this tuture. Yeah, so, uh it is. But there's a part of that movie. I try to explain that there's a part of the movie that's like deeply sad. When he in the end, you know, Jeremiah Johnson's he's gone this killing spree, He's uh, and he winds up meeting his old mentor barka bear claw Chris clap clap, you know, and they're trying to figure out what month it is, Yes, and you enjoy that. Oh, it's just so sad man. They look so defeated and sad. And you would happen to know what month it is, would you? It's great caculator, like I don't know, March.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's a great moment. It really is a great moment because you think, because you know, you just it has that ring of authenticity. Of course they wouldn't, of course.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And just how withdrawn, like how withdrawn they've become, ye, to have lost track of the calendar alone and withdrawn Now.
Speaker 2: The role of Jeremiah Johnson was supposed to be playing Clint Eastwood, but Eastwood didn't get along with the director, so he decided to make Bertie Harry instead. Rob, you were just a boy when that came out? Do you?
Speaker 4: I saw it in the theaters though?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 4: Sure? Yeah? Absolutely remember it?
Speaker 1: What else? Back up from one Cotton Pity again it.
Speaker 3: I've never heard this, the Clin east Wood thing. Yeah, here's it doesn't make sense. Redford directed Jeremia Johnson.
Speaker 1: No Sidney Pollack director Jeremo. Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Okay, see I got screwed.
Speaker 1: You're right, make that one of the questions.
Speaker 2: But I think I think before Clint East would it was supposed to be somebody else even but no way, that is.
Speaker 3: The most Unsidney Pollack movie ever made. Oh yeah, it was just a freak out wire.
Speaker 1: He made that movie. It was a freak outlier for him.
Speaker 4: Really, no kidding.
Speaker 1: Not Jackson Pollack.
Speaker 3: Sidney Pollack would have been I would have believed Jackson Pollock.
Speaker 1: I really would have.
Speaker 2: What else would have you been seeing in the movie theater at that time?
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, I was on a big red f I saw Butch Cassidy in the theater. That's I think sixty nine. The first movie I ever remember well other than kids movies, Like the first movie ever saw was like the Aristocrats are Chitty Chitty Bang Bang in the theaters. But the first like movie movie I remember seeing I think was Goldfinger.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's going back there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's great.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: I want to back up for a minute because now now I need to live with thinking if he had got.
Speaker 2: The part, if you would liked it more or less?
Speaker 4: Well, I think it would have been equally as good.
Speaker 3: That's one of the rare ones where you go usually go, I would have been bad, but like I go, oh, I see that that would have been good.
Speaker 2: Dirty Harry would have been different.
Speaker 1: He said.
Speaker 2: He made Dirty Harry instead of Jeremiah.
Speaker 1: J Well, he sort of played Clint Eastwood sort of played that a very similar role when he did the So the author of The Educational Little Tree, who as we now know as it became this wasn't revealed until the nineties. The author of The Education A Little Tree had written Wallace's Segregation Now Segregation Forever speech, but had this like wrote novels under a pseudonym. Clint Eastwood bought the Outlaw Josie Wales was written by this Wallas segregationist speech writer under a pseudonym. CLINTE wouldn't even know it wow when he bought the Clines Wood wasn't aware when he did Outlaw Josey Wales. But Outlaw Josey Wales was has the same tonality to it. So it could have been that if he had done Jeremiah Johnson, it wouldn't have like changed. But you gather I don't really know, I haven't I feel like when you watch Jeremia Johnson. I feel a little bit like I sense an ad libbing quality to it, that it was, that it was maybe a little bit on the fly. I don't know. I don't really know if that's true, but I feel like he would in some way made it.
Speaker 3: Redford doesn't strike me as an ad lever.
Speaker 1: Oh he's not, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Doesn't strike me as one.
Speaker 1: But he says about three things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm cold, What day is it?
Speaker 1: That's that's your best that's your best? Tidbit? Ever, what do you call him?
Speaker 2: That was the first question. We're gonna give Rabbed the point.
Speaker 3: Okay, so now we've learned something about the rules.
Speaker 4: Huh on that?
Speaker 3: Do we do ding which you did, or just yell the answer like I did. I would prefer that we go dang, okay, let's do that.
Speaker 2: Okay. That gives the ability, ready to say clearly ready for the next question. This is question to fifty one Phil You.
Speaker 3: I just both of her hands up over a fake buzzer.
Speaker 2: Now, I know Steve and Randall are very competitive, and and Rob you've announced that you're competitive, So this is a good.
Speaker 1: He came in hot mix. Yeah, he came in hot.
Speaker 2: Here we go question two fifty one. What two thousand and seven Cohen brother.
Speaker 4: Oh boy about No Country for Old Men?
Speaker 2: That's right. Wow, here's the full question. Everybody can hear it.
Speaker 3: It's happening about because this is Owen Brothers.
Speaker 2: What two thousand and seven Cohen Brothers movie opens with Llewellyn moss Blood trailing a pronghorn.
Speaker 1: There's no country for there you go?
Speaker 3: I was, so, I also have a sweet spot in terms of years.
Speaker 2: Okay, hm hmmm, fall outside of that.
Speaker 4: And this falls.
Speaker 3: This falls outside Obviously I've seen No Country for Old Men multiple times. But it's not that, you know what I mean. It's like I'm got the things, I'm raising kids.
Speaker 1: I'm good.
Speaker 3: It's not like Jeremiah John's. I was like, wow, I'm all of ten years old.
Speaker 4: Wow, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna watch that four times.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So do you think you would have come up with No Country Frilled Men when you heard two thousand and seven Coen Brothers movie.
Speaker 3: I would have to do the math, which is my least. I'm horrible at math, so that I'm a two thousand and seven okay, So that would have been.
Speaker 4: But it's over too slow. But I would have gotten that, for sure, I.
Speaker 1: Would have gotten it. Here's the fact I hit me with the factor. Then I want to hit you with a thing.
Speaker 2: No Country Frilled Men is set in Tarrell County, Texas in nineteen eighty. I couldn't find any animalt harvest report for Texas in nineteen eighty, but I could find one for nineteen seventy nine. That year, there were only thirteen hundred anelope tags given out and hunters had an eighty nine percent success rate. Now Llewellyn doesn't recover his antelope, so that means he would have been in the eleven percent of Texas hunters who didn't fill their.
Speaker 1: Tag that year. Yeah, I thought about that often. He just forgets about the goat it, just like it didn't even happen.
Speaker 4: When I watched that movie.
Speaker 3: That was what my takeaway was, that guy at the beginning did not.
Speaker 4: Fill his quota.
Speaker 3: He and I to do his other problems being hunted down by Anton Sugar, yeah, and other you know, being hunted by down by like a sociopathic uh.
Speaker 2: Huh killer and all that breaking Wanton ways to having.
Speaker 1: His wife just killed so bad that the killer needs to like inspect the bottom of his boots afterward. Uh. In addition to that, he would have been the efficient game would have been after him for wanton waste. It could have been a totally different movie where a game warden is also on his trail. That would have been amazing.
Speaker 4: That's actually an amazing like.
Speaker 1: I think we should write in a sociopathic game.
Speaker 3: Or just not even or just like a nerd game where it's like a total like rules following. He's like noments and stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, at that time, the antelope tags were only distributed to landowners and then the landowners could do whatever they wanted with those tags. So in this situation, Llewellyn was hunting on private land that he would have been given a tag. There were three hundred and fifty landowners that were given tag in nineteen seventy nine, so he would have received his tag from one of them and then went out and gut shot a prong horn and then not recovered it.
Speaker 1: That is horrible because the thing is I always celebrate Corant McCarthy for how sure tight, how tight everything.
Speaker 2: Is, and this was in Terrell County, which does not have a prong horn season today. So that's when I went back to nineteen eighty.
Speaker 3: Well, what you haven't explored is this that Llewell and Moss doesn't give it shit.
Speaker 1: No, Lluell and Moss wants to hunt. That's a good he's gonna hunt, you know. That's that's not like he's like whatever.
Speaker 2: Observations like, yeah, all right, So that point was for Randall.
Speaker 1: Here we go, doctor Randall.
Speaker 2: This is question forty one. Hands on your buzzers. What nineteen ninety movie that stars Tom Selick follows a sharp shooting American cowboy? Okay with Steve, We're giving it to Steve.
Speaker 4: I know what it is?
Speaker 1: Quickly down under? Hy right? That's right.
Speaker 2: Here's the full question. What nineteen ninety movie that stars Tom Selleck follows a sharp shooting American cowboy who goes to Australia?
Speaker 1: Why does he go to Australia.
Speaker 4: Because he wouldn't be down under?
Speaker 1: Does he put out it would be the title?
Speaker 2: Right? Does he put out an ad to go to Australia? Does someone in Australia put out an ad that draws him? I don't remember what it is.
Speaker 1: I see I saw a clip because I don't know. I remember we did a spoof on We did a spoof on a clip and there's like there's a clip where there's a clip in which I.
Speaker 2: Think I know where you're gonna reference. Let me read my factoid. Oh. In a twenty thirteen article, Field and Stream declared that Quickly down Under had the worst firearms related scene of all time. Here's what David Petzel said about the movie quote, the worst gun related scene is in Quickly down Under where Quickly takes his sharp's fifty cal and, after an elaborate ritual of doping the wind and adjusting his sight, shoots a bucket way off on the horizon. Offhand. Give me a break and sell it in real life is a serious hunter and devoted gun nut. Shame on him. Is that what you're going to refer to?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he like takes a thousand yards shot.
Speaker 4: This is the hive mind.
Speaker 3: Here, this highline was happening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is a class example. Because we filmed a spoof of it.
Speaker 3: Was it that scene you spoofed?
Speaker 1: Well, but I was. I was there for part of the spoof, but I wasn't in the spoof. But it was like a guy makes a big pitch about a gun it's this that thing. Okay, I haven't seen that movie.
Speaker 2: How does that rank? And you're like, oh, you haven't seen it.
Speaker 1: I've never seen it.
Speaker 5: You know what.
Speaker 1: You know what I confuse it with is the man from Snowy River. Oh that yeah, yeah, guy that rides the horse down hill real bad.
Speaker 3: And you know what, I confuse that with the Gray Fox.
Speaker 1: I don't even know that one.
Speaker 3: Oh, Richard what's his name?
Speaker 4: He's the one.
Speaker 3: He's in the Natural, he's the assistant coach. And then Richard Farnsworth Gray Fox. No, that's a good one for you.
Speaker 1: There's there's horse riding in it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a lot of rooting and tooting in it.
Speaker 1: No, excellent, So we go. There's another I want there's another movie that I just thought of. No, no, that's the same. Yeah, not a movie. What was magnum p I that's a TV show series that was top seller.
Speaker 3: Yeah, mustaches quickly mustache if I'm not mistaken as a like a big handlebar mustache.
Speaker 1: You ever get sexiest man Alive? Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah, probably five for sure.
Speaker 4: He's I think he's he's hey, otherwise he'd be on that list.
Speaker 1: They only they.
Speaker 4: Only give it to you once apparently.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's the only man I've ever met that had a hair of your chest in me.
Speaker 2: Celig was selected as the sexiest man in the nation by a more than two to one ratio among those polled. But I don't know if.
Speaker 3: That's not a magazine thing, that's like the people, that's the Oscar.
Speaker 4: Nobody must have won, mister baseball.
Speaker 2: Well, so he was voted the sexiest actor alive, which I think is a title that you've held before, right.
Speaker 4: I don't think I've held any of those two.
Speaker 1: Really, Okay, sexiest act.
Speaker 4: Well, you're bringing up a lot of sore points here.
Speaker 1: Sorry about something that he did get.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jesus, I want to I won the Golden.
Speaker 1: Hair Award, just dude, just like rubbing in all the stuff you haven't gotten exactly. So, yeah, you know, you know you didn't have the best actor. I don't believe how many oscars you got. I think it was none.
Speaker 3: Then, and talk about the first oscar you want?
Speaker 2: All right, we have each of our players with one point.
Speaker 7: It's a good game.
Speaker 2: This is question one seventeen. What nineteen seventy six novel became a nineteen ninety two movie that heavily featured fly fishing in Montana. We had brought un that is correct, Rob takes the lead.
Speaker 1: For some reason, I was ready to slap down on uh true grit interesting Charles Portos's novel Becoming U.
Speaker 2: I thought of all the questions that I wouldn't have to get all the words through, this would be one of them. You guys need every word.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was I was so far down. I was so far down to Charles Portous.
Speaker 4: True can get out of that hole.
Speaker 1: I just was waiting to be verified. Yeah, and then the fly fish and shit caught me by surprise.
Speaker 2: Yeah, runs through. It was filmed in nineteen ninety one and was set in Missoula, Montana. I have some Robb Blow trivia now. That same year our guest Robb Blow was filming a movie with a co star who was born in Missoula, Montana. Who what film was Robb below filming in nineteen ninety Give me a se that start an actor who was born in Missoula, Montana. There's a chance Rob may not even get this, do you know the answer?
Speaker 1: I know, give me a minute, cause I know that I know there's an actor.
Speaker 4: I know it's JK. Simmons, right, No, I never worked with him. J.
Speaker 1: Simmons from Zoom. Do you know the answer?
Speaker 3: I know what I was working on then, and I'm thinking.
Speaker 2: Okay, Steve's gonna try to come up with an answer and then we'll let you take a stab.
Speaker 1: I just know that Missoula has a no no, no no. I'm thinking one of the dudes from Pearl Jam was from Missoula.
Speaker 4: He's from He's from Big Sandy.
Speaker 1: Okay, he went to school.
Speaker 4: Movie.
Speaker 2: So in nineteen ninety one, while A River Runs Through was being made, Rob was making a movie with someone who was born in Missoula.
Speaker 7: I know David Lynch is from Mozilla, but he's not much of an actor.
Speaker 1: That's who I was trying to think. Yeah, he's great, but.
Speaker 3: He's like Tarantino where he puts himself in his own movies. He does dude, he's he's in that that great Spielberg movie last year. He's Fablemans. Oh my god, he's the best thing in the movie.
Speaker 1: Yes, I don't know. He plays outward.
Speaker 2: Okay, do you have an answer? I do? What is it?
Speaker 4: Dana Carvey?
Speaker 2: That's right, Dana and Dana Carvey lived there.
Speaker 7: For three years.
Speaker 2: He was born there, he lived there until he was three and then moved away.
Speaker 1: Good on your Rob.
Speaker 2: I'm very impressed he was Canadian. Very impressed that you got that. Yea is basically Canada.
Speaker 4: Same thing Dana seems Canadian. Doesn't know.
Speaker 2: How how did you come to the conclusion that it was Dana and that it.
Speaker 4: Was because Wayne's World ninety one.
Speaker 3: I knew I did ninety I knew I did Wayn's World ninety one. And I'm thinking Mike is obviously famously, famously famously from Toronto U and so could it be Dana?
Speaker 4: And I'm like, well, I don't know that he wasn't born there.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 4: So I'm going good on you, Rob.
Speaker 2: So we only got one question left, only have one question. This is the last question. I don't even have a tiebreaker if we need it.
Speaker 1: You don't have a tie break.
Speaker 2: I don't have a tie breaker. Well, Rob, will just get it right and then it'll be it'll be done.
Speaker 1: You better come up with one.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll think about it.
Speaker 1: You probably got a whole stash.
Speaker 2: Of Yeah, we can get to that. Crack open the board game, all right, get to get your hands on your buzzers. Here we go what nineteen ninety six movie has a character named Norm Gunderson played by John Carrol Lynch, who gets second place in a duck stamp painting competition.
Speaker 1: Steve Fargo.
Speaker 2: That's correct, Fargo is right, God damn it, Norm Gunderson.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It was the director's to be wife, Francis McDorman. Francis mcderman's husband was a duck stamp painter.
Speaker 2: You're saying the in the movie. In the movie, yeah, Now, Norm Gunderson loses to Hotman, who is a real life artist and one of the winningest competitors in the duck stamp competition. Here's Norm delivering the news to his wife. Can we play it so good? I don't know where it's gonna show.
Speaker 1: Up at.
Speaker 9: Amazing They announced it, they announced it. Yeah, so three cent stamp your mallard.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's terrific.
Speaker 9: It's just a threecent. It's terrific. Hofman's blue wing teal got the twenty nine cent. People don't much use the three cent.
Speaker 10: Of course they do whenever they raise the postage. People need the little stamps. Yeah, when they're stuck with a bunch of the old ones.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I guess.
Speaker 10: It's terrific. I'm so pretty norm. Heck, Norm, you know, we're doing pretty good.
Speaker 1: It's like watching Chester and his wife and Fetter.
Speaker 11: I'm gonna say this is how I feel right now, down one to both of you.
Speaker 3: That movie is absolutely spectacular, but yeah.
Speaker 4: Just unbelievable.
Speaker 1: The the two things I like most of that movie is when.
Speaker 3: What's his name he's out, Yeah, yeah, he's like he's.
Speaker 1: A bit of an outdoorsman. When william S Macy gets shot and a little down feather, down feather that comes out of his jacket, it's just so it's like so upsetting that right over his heart.
Speaker 4: Really upsetting.
Speaker 1: It's a little flustered down.
Speaker 4: It really is amazing, isn't it.
Speaker 1: It's so it's like you could have it be like, you know, Quentin Tarantino would have had to be like gallons of blood, you know, but just this little down feathered somehow more it's just more devastating, you know. And the other think is when that dude's trying to mark where he's got this money hidden, it's just his never ending highway. He takes that a little stick and jets that stick of.
Speaker 7: Ice scraper or whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that what it was, and he's like, he looks, He's like Jesus, gonna be hard to find.
Speaker 2: So we had Steve and Rob tie with two points each. Randall does not get to go to the top.
Speaker 1: Doctor Randall.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now in the game, when you go think about a guy like doctor Randall over here.
Speaker 4: I was impressed.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm very impressed with.
Speaker 4: Doctor ran We have a lot in common. Yeah, we neither of us is one sexiest man.
Speaker 2: Now no, yeah, I'm gonna hand I'm gonna hand these whiteboards to Steve and the white boards. We are going to a tie breaker. This is going to be a numerical question. Whoever is closest between the two of you to the correct answer will be declared the winner. Here's the tie breaking question.
Speaker 4: Oh wait, do I wait?
Speaker 1: Hang on, what's happening here?
Speaker 2: So you're just going to write down over and then you will wait to reveal until okay.
Speaker 3: So we don't write it down.
Speaker 2: Now we wait, you write it down and then I'll tell you explained Hi, because they might want to use this on the floor.
Speaker 1: Explain how this goes.
Speaker 2: No one's ever thought of this before. Americal question, whoever is closest to the correct answer between the two of you will be declared the winner.
Speaker 1: Okay, great, don't want to get on that game. You put in a word for me, will let's go?
Speaker 4: Do you know anyone I got you do it?
Speaker 2: Here is the question what year was Jaws released in theaters?
Speaker 1: Really? Whoever is close? Answer?
Speaker 9: Rob?
Speaker 2: We don't need Steve cheating. How confident are you Robbed that you have this close to the correct answer. Don't give out any hints.
Speaker 4: I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm pretty.
Speaker 2: Sure, pretty sure, Steve.
Speaker 4: How do you feel about it's one of two years?
Speaker 1: I'm within, I'm within for sure, it's one or two, I'm within, I'm within.
Speaker 2: Four, within four? Oh thanks, he's within one or two?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Can I tell you something real quick? But you know you got a story about what was your what's your about? Like an early film experience going to a movie but you Cassidy? Yeah, Goldfinger. So I remember going to where I grew up in Moskegon County, Michigan. We had a theater. I don't think it's the anymore, called Harbor Theater. It was right on like Miskegan Lake, and I remember, you know, like this is a very very early memory mine. I remember go pulling up with my family at Harbor Theater and Empire Strikes Back was playing, and I remember saying looking at the billboard the Marquee and saying, that says Empire strikes Back. And my brother's attacking me, saying, you can't read that. You just know that that's what that says.
Speaker 3: That's a good memory. That is though, that's when you're not gonna forget.
Speaker 1: I mean, it was like so little that I like, I was at that like very precise moment when you can't read but you recognize words.
Speaker 4: Yeah, wow, yes.
Speaker 1: Yeah I could.
Speaker 4: I can cut you to your core.
Speaker 1: Machine with me stamped you stayed with me before. You just know what it says.
Speaker 3: See your body hold shame, it holds it.
Speaker 1: Which I could totally picture my kids like I could picture my kids attacking one another about something like that, just like making sure everybody's putting.
Speaker 11: What would your reaction if you heard one kid say that to the other at this point in your life.
Speaker 1: I would say, do you is it really necessary? Just like always do just everybody has to be put in their place every morning over breakfast?
Speaker 2: And then what would they say?
Speaker 1: They wouldn't take that on They wouldn't wrestle with that one.
Speaker 2: Steve, how many times have you seen Jaws?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 3: I don't think I've seen it more than once? Probably what because it's so it's just so escapable. I mean to sit down and watch it through.
Speaker 2: No, I like your chances, you're Rob. How many times do you think you've seen it?
Speaker 4: Fifty?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Okay? But how many times did he watch through to the end to see what you hear?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 3: And by the way, I'm now one d per certain I have it right.
Speaker 1: Oh I have to you might need SD.
Speaker 2: Okay, go ahead and reveal your answers. We have Steve saying nineteen seventy now.
Speaker 4: Not even way off.
Speaker 3: We have what's your answer? I thought you couldn't read nineteen Oh you know. That's the thing is, No, you know what year he and that's.
Speaker 4: How he did it?
Speaker 1: No, No, not Jaws, Rob. What is your ant here? The correct one, which is nineteen seventy five.
Speaker 2: The correct answer is nineteen seventy five.
Speaker 1: I'd like to revisit this because when I say you, I said I was within four years. This is also that's true. So you take your shot, you take four years off. It puts me right at the right eighteen eighty.
Speaker 7: So weirdly, that wasn't the question what you were striving for.
Speaker 3: Well done, Rob, to see that you're keeping it in my sweet spot a right, you start getting into like in nineteen ninety seven, I'm like, I'm done too many other interests.
Speaker 1: Thanks for playing good ear.
Speaker 3: Yeah all right, so I think I acquitted myself.
Speaker 1: Okay, no, dude, and listen, I'm way excited. I know it's a little it's a little early to call this a promo for your show, but I'm very excited for the show.
Speaker 4: It's fun. It's really really good.
Speaker 3: It's like great play along. You can watch it and just have a blast.
Speaker 1: You can compete with your family. Yeah, totally more competition. Maybe we should have a viewing party, doctor Ry.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that'd be a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: Now this be the board game is yours, Rob, you have one of the only ones in the world. This doesn't come out until November. Then no, those those that stage extra, but that is yours sealed. And all those questions you just heard are actually from the board game. The only question you have a spoil that's right, right.
Speaker 3: I've done just so you know, kids, I've done three of.
Speaker 4: These, uh huh.
Speaker 2: Sadly, now, I think you've heard almost all the cinema questions in the game. It was it was worth it.
Speaker 1: Those are good.
Speaker 4: Those are good cinema questions.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Any of them would be worthy of the floor.
Speaker 4: All of them.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's the kind of thing.
Speaker 4: That's the flavor compliment.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 3: I think the I think that uh, the the duck one might be too. I don't know, you can't. You got to hit the right thing, like it can't be too obscure. M And if they're obscure, they have to have the aha at the end of it, like or like where the viewer goes. I have no idea, I could I could guess for a thousand years and not have an idea and then when they hear the answer, thing of course.
Speaker 4: Like that's the sweet spot.
Speaker 1: What Spencer is it? Like Spencer doesn't like trick questions. Me neither, And he doesn't like questions that A lot of people submit questions and they think like here's like here's one no one will know. It's like that's not hard, that's that's not hard. You know, like how many hairs around a dog? You know, it's like where.
Speaker 11: Did I catch my first fish.
Speaker 1: All right, uh, Rob Low, thank you very much, Thank you appreciate coming on the show man, thanks for playing your board game, and and and and good luck with the show. And I will be watching in my email for for for my invite for me and doctor Randall to come down to participate. And I'm gonna want to have a lot of input on what squares are there though, tell it, Tell the producers it's gonna wind up being just there's gonna be a couple of squares.
Speaker 4: Love it. You want to have a home field advantage.
Speaker 1: Instead of wild animals, there's gonna be a square of mammals. There's gonna be a square like invertebrates.
Speaker 3: Rates invertebrates would actually be really amazing.
Speaker 11: I'd like to meet that guy whoever occupies the invertebrate square.
Speaker 3: I'm for the invertebrates.
Speaker 11: Yes, you just know how you right, I'm sure you assembled quite a cast of characters.
Speaker 4: Oh for sure.
Speaker 3: I mean, by the way, all you listeners you gotta watch listen to my podcast. I want, I want all you got to be listening to literally literally wherever you get your podcast. All I mean, got everybody in the world on my show. If you like this, you'll hate it.
Speaker 4: No, I'm kidding. If you like this, you'll love it.
Speaker 1: Tell people even more, like, what if you're gonna hold out an episode as being a shining example? Yeah, who would you suggest? And kind of knowing a little bit about our subject matter, who should they go? Listen? Oh?
Speaker 3: Boy, Chris Pratt is great.
Speaker 1: Oh Chris fish together?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we fished together. He's Oh, he's really he's.
Speaker 3: Super into I mean, he has his own farm, is you know, go, this is the lamb off of my farm. You know, we have Thanksgivings together and he has all the meats.
Speaker 4: You know, it's he's really really into it.
Speaker 1: Okay, So go to Rob Lows literally, Yeah, you pull up the Chris Pratt episode and dig in. And then when you finished listening to that, wait a year or so when you can watch the floor. And then in two years you'll be able to watch me and doctor Randall clean that floor up.
Speaker 4: They're gonna the floor already. I'm already salvating it.
Speaker 1: We're gonna be standing together on a little square.
Speaker 4: In the end we can go back to back on the same square and just so good.
Speaker 2: I gotta tie up a loose end real quick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 2: So here's the headline, says Rob Low named sexiest Actor Alive. Oh, there you go, but has a retraction says, this story seems to be false. It doesn't say that I did right here comin It saysn't read that. This guy's like an up date and the update is from today, which I don't even understand. How like if I feel like I'm being played here, it says from September twenty sixth, twenty twenty three. This story seems to be false.
Speaker 3: This is probably some weird Well, first of all, let's let's just take a second and unpack. Uh huh, this story seems to be false.
Speaker 4: What that really means?
Speaker 1: Are you seriously show the screen?
Speaker 2: It says, I'll read you the words. Rob Low, fifty nine, has been dubbed the Sexiest Actor Alive by Glamours magazine in its October twenty twenty three issue out this week, and then right below that before the rest of the thing continues to says update, this story seems to be false. Do you mean like a weird like, uh this, I feel like this is gonna give me virus?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like a weird Oh yeah, I'm gonna get i'mnna get viruses from this website, from that virus.
Speaker 1: We're gonna get.
Speaker 11: We're gonna get you to in one of these I've always you know, I've had the the PhD thing hanging over my head in this podcast realm. Yeah, but thank god it's not the sexiest man.
Speaker 1: I mean to have to like withstand the criticism about your PhD is a lot is preferable to yeah, to not being you know, dubbed. I don't want to say anymore.
Speaker 4: Heavy lif This seems to be false.
Speaker 3: So somebody, I think they clearly were like, I'm not gonna let go of this anytime easily. Somebody was like, no, no, that can't be right.
Speaker 4: They took a look at me.
Speaker 3: That can't be right.
Speaker 4: We can't disprove it, but it seems highly unlike see that's yeah.
Speaker 3: That's the only takeaway I can get from that forward to link over.
Speaker 4: We can parse this probably for for quite some time.
Speaker 3: I gotta I gotta get the phone to Glamour magazine.
Speaker 1: I had a friend who used to work there.
Speaker 3: Actually, Uh, Genevieve, Well, I will just say listen. At the end of the day, I'd rather win it from glamour than people glamor.
Speaker 4: Glamorous.
Speaker 1: Ye know, it's a good it's a good association.
Speaker 4: People is like, you know whatever, they'll do.
Speaker 1: Anything for a buck.
Speaker 3: Alright, go trivia champion. Oh yeah, maybe next year you can come to our World Championship.
Speaker 4: We're gonna have to.
Speaker 2: Like Rob's showedn't come out yet, come out?
Speaker 1: Who won your show?
Speaker 3: I can't that.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't that be just for the worst if you mentioned it? All right, let's wrap it up. A ride on.
Speaker 5: On the seal, gray shine like silver in the sun, Ride.
Speaker 1: Ride on alone.
Speaker 10: Sweetheart, were done, beat this damn horse to dad taking a new one. Ride We're done, beat this damn horseday, So take your new one and ride on f