Speaker 1: Best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 2: It's a listener, Q and daytime.
Speaker 3: We're Morgan in a show member answer almost all your questions.
Speaker 1: Believe in you. That's what's right.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna leave that at the beginning.
Speaker 2: Good morning everybody, it's Morgan and.
Speaker 5: See here on the listener Q and A. Yeah, Scuba, thank you for that introduction.
Speaker 4: It was lovely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, basically saying I don't think I can get it in twenty minutes, but we'll see.
Speaker 5: I believe in us, but that means us starting right away. And we do have a lot of compliments. Every time you come on, we get lots of compliments.
Speaker 1: Oh that's nice, Okay, cool.
Speaker 4: So that's what we're gonna start with.
Speaker 5: Aaron from Nebraska said, you are just awesome, both of you. Thank you for doing the job you do. Are you gonna cry?
Speaker 1: What's her name?
Speaker 2: Aaron from Nebraska, Aaron, And she said where she's from?
Speaker 5: Aarin.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna cry. Just because you put where you're from. That means the world to mean that you listened and you told us where you listen to till.
Speaker 4: He gets sassy.
Speaker 1: I love it though.
Speaker 5: Cayleab from Virginia said, you're doing a great job on nineties iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: Oh, thank you, Cayle. I appreciate it.
Speaker 5: My favorite part of the show is when Scuba is laughing in the background. Cara from Iowa and Alyssa from Louisiana both sent.
Speaker 1: Double take from two different sides of the country feeling the same thing.
Speaker 4: Okay, right, we love it.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: Pass in Rhode Island really really loves the vibe between us on the best bits.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, cool, So we appreciate that.
Speaker 5: And lastly, Hayley from Iowa City, you are her favorite guest. You have the most entertaining stories and always bring unique perspective. She appreciates your realness.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I really appreciate that. Thank you so much for showering me with compliments as we begin.
Speaker 5: You're welcome, and thank you for listening to positivity in the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah heck yeah. And then thank you for listening and taking the time to do that and comment. So that's really cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, lots of effort this morning. All right.
Speaker 5: Tyler from Kentucky wants to know when you're getting when we are not you, when we are getting more scream o content whenever.
Speaker 1: They want it.
Speaker 2: That people want it.
Speaker 1: Entucky is a yes, So it sounds like they want it. There's one I guess you got to be a little more vocal about it and let them know by then me and the show, and you want more of it because I'm down to bring it like a scream o game, like where like we'd scream lyrics and you have to guess it. Me just doing more scream of songs? I could do that too.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I was gonna say, do you have any interest in pursuing like a scream of song kind of like we have Abby who just did her original song?
Speaker 4: Yeah, do you have any interest.
Speaker 5: In doing an original scream of song and putting it out?
Speaker 1: It'd be fun. Again, it comes down to I think this is my overarching theme, is my schedule and time and trying to fit everything in, and I would love to do my own original song. At the moment, It's much easier to take something that already exists and it exactly or amplify would already like with the Hardy song, for example, like it already had the elements of a harder part at the end right there, and I'm like, oh, it just add a little screaming to it to kind of amplify it. That's much easier than having to like start from ground one and write the music and write the lyrics and then go record it and record it and then I'm a perfectionist, so I'll be in there all day long, all week long, all month long on one damn thing. So it's like I would to do it, yes, but this is like I guess my dipping my toes in the water off starting it by doing this version of it.
Speaker 5: That's fair, and it doesn't probably rank very high on your important list at this moment in your life.
Speaker 1: No, because it's really fun and I enjoy it, but it's not something, yes that I would. I need to focus on so much right now. I will probably do another one before the end of the year. I was thinking about doing something with Jelly Roll or like Brandley Gilbert, something of that already that space, Oh yeah, we're going, we're going really weird and finding something like Landy Wilson and the screaming with Laney Wilson.
Speaker 4: That could be strange, but I love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. I guess anyone has any suggestions too, I guess let Morgan.
Speaker 4: Know, Yeah, let me know.
Speaker 5: Scoop up in the DMS, not that he's probably very great about checking.
Speaker 1: Him wow, Not that he's pretty great at checking him. He basically said he sucks at checking his DM more.
Speaker 5: I imagine that you're not because your dad.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's where myside thousand percent correct.
Speaker 1: But I don't know if like someone had also told you, and the question answers like Stephen never responds to his DMS.
Speaker 5: That's more of an a sumption of being someone who utilizes social media.
Speaker 4: It's my job to understand.
Speaker 1: That you know what demographics are. My demographic doesn't check DMS very often.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I guess, yeah, yeah, yeah, hit either one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hit me with your best shot.
Speaker 5: Ashley from Tennessee do you regret the vosectomy?
Speaker 1: I do have some moments when I see larger families and I'm like, oh, it'd be so cool to at least have the option to have the fourth child. I guess that's the one thing is you you take away an option, it's always the grasses greener type effect, and it never is greener. So that's how I've coped with it. I'm like, you always take you on more. You think you want something different than everything, but whatever you have, right, now in front of you. Is in that aspect. I guess it's just fine.
Speaker 5: I think his answer is yes, and he's scared to say it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. Yeah, I mean I guess like with any decision you make, there's parts of you that look back on and go, crap, Yeah, I wish what would have been like if I didn't go through it, or I did, or I went the other route or the other direction. So there's always going to be that loom being thing of like what if I wanted a fourth kid, or like whenever one of my kids is like oh, you know, they'll make a comment about another sibling or a brother or something, and I go, oh, that's never gonna happen because because it just can't happen anymore right now.
Speaker 5: The dreaded what ifs. Although technically can't you reverse the pcomy?
Speaker 1: You can, but it's not successful like the percentage of the success rate, and also with how much pain you'll go through reversing it. For me, it's just not worth it, got it? They would tell me that it's especially the longer you wait, the less likely the factory. As you put it, my doctor will restart back up. He goes, if you do within the first six months or so, there's a pretty good chance you'll the surgery won't hurt as much. You can get it back in gear. He's like, but you hit a year, two years, three years, he goes, it's almost like you can't do it. But it's like ten percent, fifteen percent odds.
Speaker 5: What about a possibility of adoption? Is there any of that conversation?
Speaker 1: There is, Yeah, because I even thought about that a long time ago, when when we were first getting together of like, hey, there's so many kids here in America that are like just don't have a support they don't have the family. Something happens like with Eddie for example. You know he had that I don't know if it was a friend of his or someone he knew. I forget the connection because I wasn't here during that process, but I know that he had someone that he knew, or there was a connection, or or they got involved in a foster Do you know what it was?
Speaker 5: His wife was the one who really wanted them to foster. No, I'm not sure where that came from for her, but she was the reason that they started fostering.
Speaker 1: Gotcha, Okay, So and it turned into what they have now where they adopted the kids. But yeah, it was one of those things where you know, the kids had a mother that was hooked on something, and we have that's a huge problem in America, especially with what's the.
Speaker 4: One that I was on now, ozempic.
Speaker 1: No, no zempic. That's where you lose weight or diabeas now, so the thing's super dangerous. If you're on the zebic right now, I'm not judging you, but please consider stopping it because it is a huge effing problem. I'm worried about the long term effects that we don't know about because it's so short. That's a product that I guarantee you in three to four years, a lawyer will pop up on your screen and say, did you take a zembic in twenty twenty four? Call now to get your law Morgan and Morgan for the people circle back, I know, I know, circle back. So we were talking about oh, oh oh, what's it called? Not profofol, Well, it's not that Mac Miller died from and a lot of Jilly Roll's friends died and Struggle Jennings friends died from it. Oh my god, are you ef FFing kidding me?
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I'm not super familiar with Struggus, fentanylt.
Speaker 1: It got fentanyl. There's a huge fentanyl epidemic, so there's a lot of people that are now being affected by that. There's going to be a ripple effect from it. There are like Jelly Rolls, Jilly Rowl, and Struggle Jennings I think alone have lost thirty forty people from fentanyl. So think about all those people and if they had kids, and if their family is also addicted. So that makes my point is the foster system is probably flooded with kids with this most recent epidemic, and then you had the pandemic people dying from that or getting sick or can't afford children anymore. So to answer your question in a very long form answer, not keeping us.
Speaker 5: The twenty minutes from to ozimpic to fentanyl and I'm not sure what's happening anymore.
Speaker 1: I know where I'm following the circle. We just came right back around to. I bet the foster system is probably flooded. To answer question about adopting children, I.
Speaker 4: Had to give you a hard time because we were on a we did.
Speaker 1: We did, we did, But you know, I'm really good at I can bring it right, bring it around.
Speaker 4: Answer your question.
Speaker 5: Actually he does regret them.
Speaker 1: Yes, I could see myself fostering children a long source short.
Speaker 4: Yes, love it.
Speaker 5: Okay, we're going to break and we'll be right back. All right, Brandy, she did not put where she's from.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, but she did put her name.
Speaker 1: That's fine, Brandy, least put your name.
Speaker 4: She did.
Speaker 5: She wants to know your best parenting advice.
Speaker 1: Wow, I think it's what I've learned, is I guess? I'll give you two answers. One answer is not to be judgmental against other parents unless they're doing something that's completely unsafe. Then you're like, oh, then you need to be judgmental and probably step in in some way. But if like, but parenting styles in the way some things are or what they let some kids get away with and some kids and how certain kids act. I've noticed with having kids in three different personalities that having perspective on it, you can you should never judge another parent where someone's like, oh I could never do that, or I would never do that, or they shouldn't do like the whole thing of judging parents like it is what you don't know what they're going through, and you don't know how that kid is like or what their things take. You just don't know. So my point is, never judge another parent.
Speaker 4: Love that great advice.
Speaker 1: Disclamor less are being dangerous.
Speaker 4: Okay, yes that was your part one.
Speaker 1: Was part one too. Then my part two would be my advice about parenting, like with the kids that side. So when I want to give advice to parents, don't judge with the parents. It's not cool because we've all been there where we're like, we have the best day and then someone catches you on day seven and it's the worst day and they're like, Wow, what a terrible parent, they can't get their kids in line whatever. It's like, no, no, they were good for six days, and so are we. You just caught the worst moment, like either they're hungry or they have to go pee, or they're tired or whatever. The situation is. Never judge another parent, super important. It's not worth it.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I don't think you should judge other people in general in general.
Speaker 1: But parenting I've noticed in that space they are judgmental on another level.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think that's the time we're at in society. We're just judgmental across the board.
Speaker 1: Yes, so get people grace. Give people grace, you know, I like it. Give people grace. You don't know what they're going through, and if anything, help them out. I feel like they need some help help them versus hurt them.
Speaker 4: Love it.
Speaker 1: Yes. Part two, Yes, And I did that one first to try to stall and give me an idea of part two. Part two. I just put myself up for a part two that's okay, well no, but not I have one now because I challenge myself within a conversation. I then came up with a part two. And actually, to be honest with you, I didn't have a part two, and I said I had a Part two was lying. I was stalling even more to figure out all My Part two.
Speaker 2: Was you're hurt my brain and now I haven't.
Speaker 4: Are we sure?
Speaker 1: No? So what's gonna happen is I'm just gonna say something and that's gonna be my advice.
Speaker 5: Why we go, Honger, It's been the twenty minute threshold.
Speaker 1: I know, I know.
Speaker 4: So if you don't have something, just say IM porkin.
Speaker 2: No, I don't have another thing, but.
Speaker 1: Morgan, I want to say thank you so much for buying me more time to think of another idea that I still haven't come up. He is also give your kids grace because leading into like not knowing what they're doing. I've noticed that my kids are usually one of three things. They have to go pee, they're hungry, or they're tired. And one thing that I've noticed when trying to get their attention, yelling never works. It didn't work for me. It always put a pit in my stomach. Here my parents yell because they argued a lot, so it's a different kind of yelling. And when they yelled at me, it was like an angry from the depths of their soul, I hate you kind of yell and you're like, oh my god. So when you yell, you're not going to get the attention of your kid. Never. It ain't gonna happen. So what I have to do is I have to get on my knee and get at their level so they're not infuriated of me. Because when you stand there, you're six foot tall. They're looking at but you they're like, you know, three feet tall, and they just feel no matter what if your voice changes to a stern tone, that's how.
Speaker 4: I feel all the time, but go on, oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get you're short. Yeah, maybe actually get that on my knee. I'm not gonna propose you, but I'm just gonna be getting to eye to eye to you so we can have a conversation. You don't feel inferior.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's weird, but yeah I can.
Speaker 2: I can relate to the kiddos.
Speaker 1: So I get on a knee or get at their level, like crouch on whatever, and then i have the eye to eye conversation and I'm like, yo, look what's wrong with you? Are you okay? I'm like, do you have to go potty? No? Are you hungry?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Are you tired? And then I get my hug and you're like, yeah, I'm tired. And I get my hug, and I'll pick them up and I'll hold them and I'll kind of like just like rock with them a little bit and like try to console them and just I've noticed that that is as much as my parenting and the parenting before that would be like you're a woos, but I've noticed that actually works better with humans is the connectivity and the touch and the communication. It's huge. You'll see such a and then you'll see a difference in your kids life because then they become more secure in their relationship with you and other relationships because because you were more hands on with them and you broke down the barrier and didn't do what your parents and previous generations did, and you kind of just treated them like another human because you wouldn't want to be streamed and yelled at or or talk to or whatever. It's better to just grab that attention that way. So I get on the knee and talk to them, and if I have to compee, I'm like, oh, it's a good potti right now, Like it's all good. Just next time, trying to use your words and let me know what's wrong. They're still not going to every time, but when you get on that level, then they're more willing to open up and speak to you and give you what you want. And then you do whatever one of those three things in or the wildcard four. They're like, well, I want gummy beers. You're all right, whatever, gummy bears. Who cares like it doesn't really matter. Give a pack of gummy bears. So you have that sanity for the next two to three hours. And once you do whatever one of those three or four things is then you're completely fine, then life is easier, and then you go on with the rest of your day and then you tackle the next problem. So that'd be my advice. I like it, so I came up with it. I knew I just had.
Speaker 5: To find something, give grace and be on your knees. Got it exactly? From California. Wow, that sounds at all furnace.
Speaker 4: If I summed it up, that.
Speaker 1: Would be that'd be it. Yeah, totally get down on one knee.
Speaker 4: And intentional will be taken another way that you were going.
Speaker 1: No, you were going that way. I wasn't you left? I left your laugh.
Speaker 4: I giggled as it came out of my mouth. As I was summarized, I realized, yeah, m hmm. Anyways, from California.
Speaker 5: I would like to know how you proposed to your wife.
Speaker 1: How Emily from California? Ship were in California. It's a pretty big state. Oh sorry, Emi, what city girl? All right?
Speaker 5: But anyways, I didn't know they needed to have city.
Speaker 1: Now, we'd be nice that they would tell me geographically where they're at. The State's fine, but I want to know where from the state, because then we may have a connection.
Speaker 4: Here told you guys. He was sassy, like.
Speaker 1: She's like, oh, San Francisco, Oh my god, I can tell you about this and you'll know, Emily because you live in San Francisco, or like, oh, I'm in Baker's Field. Oh the story I'm going to tell you it's actually anyways, so it happened in San Francisco. The first date that my wife and I had was at this place called Tunnel Top Bar. It was like two blocks from my apartment. It's on the corner of Stockton, right at the end into the Stockton Tunnel and I think it's I forget post maybe maybe Anyways, Tunnel Top Bar. That was where our first day was, where we first met, where we had like a six hour conversation and like three or four drinks and just kind of laid our hearts out and explained everything. He fell in love, fell in love almost immediately. I did, at least, but her maybe it took a couple of dates. But so when I went to propose to her, what I did was, of course, I went to her family, went to her mom and her sister and her brother. That's like her immediate family, doesn't her father's not here. If you want to know about that. Listen to other episodes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we've talked about it before.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So so I went to them and I was like, hey, here's my plan. I want to propose to your daughter slash sister, and this is my whole thing. And I kind of like, poor, I won't give you the whole things. We're trying to keep this twenty minutes. But I talked to them and gave my best intentions, my everything, and my compare like everything that I wanted to tell them, I gave it to him. And they were so receptive and they were so happy, and they were and they wanted to do whatever they could to help me out in this process. And I was like, all right, so here's my plan. So I want to do this at the place we met, Tunnel Top Bar, but I want you guys to be there as well, but I don't want you to be there until we do the moment. I want to be a surprise. So she just thinks we're going to the city and grabbing drinks and that's it. She has no idea. We're just because we do that often, we would go to the city and do that. So we're like, we're going to a ton of Top Bar, and maybe she called. I never asked her if she if it, if it clewed her in because we're going to that spot because we hadn't been there since our first date. So maybe if she's pretty smart, she probably like, oh, he's never proposing to me. It's gonna happ right now, it's totally happened.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, she knew.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get her because she's super smart and very intuitive. She must have been. She may have been feeling it. I don't know. I never asked that's a good question to ask her. I just came up with myself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I will get you follow up.
Speaker 1: Yes, so yes, so yeah with top Bar. And then we come in. And I also I emailed the guy in advance and I say, hey, I'm coming in, and I told I sent him for my work email, which was I worked for the JV show at the time, while then four nine like the biggest morning show, the biggest station in the Bay, and so I had a little bit of cloud and I was like, hey, man, I met my wife here, you know, one of my wife. I met my girl here like a year ago. It was a year and a half, a year maybe two years ago. I said Hey, I want to propose to her here at the bar. You know, is there a way I can come in there, like right before you guys open or or something like that, Like I don't want to be crowded. He's like, yeah, man, no problem, of course, and so we set it up. I call him and I want him to play a song. Hunter Hayes is the song because that happened to be playing. Yeah, it happened to be playing when we first walked into the bar.
Speaker 4: I wanted I think, yeah.
Speaker 1: Make you feel wanted. Yeah, So that song was playing right when we walked into the bar, either when we walked into the bar, or we were leaving, or maybe there's a moment where I was playing and I was like, I think it was. I was like, oh, I love this girl and that song was on. We talked about that song a little bit and then so so I was like, Okay, I want you to play the song when we walk in and then we're just gonna grab a drink. We're gonna go upstairs because again, no problem. So we get there. It's not even so maybe she knew because like it was like twelve o'clock, bar open is like four.
Speaker 5: She might have gotten the realization as you guys arrived and that's happening.
Speaker 1: And I had them get there before us, and they got there and they hid like somewhere like in the back area. So the guy who owns the bar was very instrumental in a major part in this and was so helpful. And so we did all that. We get in the bar. Song comes on. She's like what I was like, and we grab drinks the similar drinks. I had no old fashion. She had her vodka one and tonic with lime, kind of one voka tonic and line.
Speaker 5: I like the listening details right, scuba steep yees.
Speaker 1: So I had our drinks. We go upstairs, the songs playing, and we're just kind of reminiscing for a moment, and I was just kind of like, get down on one knee and I just professed my love for her and my intentions, and she's like, and she's just on cloud nine ride at that moment. Her mom comes up and her brother and her sister, and then she's even more like, oh my god, and they get pictures and stuff, and then we propose, and I propose, and then then we're off. We're off to the races, and yeah, you can see that picture that day. It's on my Instagram. You just gotta go down a little bit Scooba Steeve Radio.
Speaker 5: But the day, like, is there a picture of you proposing or is it after the proposal?
Speaker 1: I believe it picture of the proposal, but for sure after the proposal it is a picture of her, like's the ring and a picture in front of tunnel top bar.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a really cool moment. It was really special and it was just there was nothing that was difficult about it. It was super smooth and easy and it was the only nervous part was was getting the hand in marry, like asking for hand in marriage, Like I know they would say yes, but it's just really nerve wracking going to someone and saying, hey, I want to marry your daughter, or hey I want to marry your sister. I know she means everything to you, and but now I'm taking over kind of that's just a lot because I have daughters now and I'd have a really hard time allowing that myself.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, it's it's just an emotional like transition of time and somebody really where that emotion is coming from, letting go and a new beginning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, that was super.
Speaker 1: Sank you Emily from California. We don't know where in California, but you just had.
Speaker 4: Lunchbox.
Speaker 2: I just kidding, I'm nailing the coffin.
Speaker 4: That is like so shoved in.
Speaker 1: You can't pull it back, you can't know it's there.
Speaker 4: Okay, we'll be right back.
Speaker 5: Thank you for being vulnerable and sharing your story.
Speaker 1: No problem, all.
Speaker 5: Right, we got Lauren from Virginia. Don't yell at our No city wants to know your highlight of your time on the Bobby Bone Show so far.
Speaker 1: I was trying to try to do lightning around with these and you can still do it. I'll leave you, Okay. My greatest time with the show would definitely have to be when Eddie and I did the walk from West Virginia to Tennessee. That was such a unique experience because I've done a lot of things in the studio with guests and bits in the show with different shows that I've worked for and worked with, But that was so cool because we were out, we were not in the studio. It was it was an unknown thing. It was planned, but also we're kind of making it up as we go. Yeah, like it was it winging it, But we did it. We made it happen. There was a good cause behind it. It was a charity element. It was cool to see Eddie pushing himself no matter it was pretty difficult, like seeing him walk and then he's bleeding and all kinds of crazy stuff. And then we're running into listeners and and program directors. Family members were out there and came and visited us. Tommy Chuck's parents from Virginia. They came out like it was just a really cool neat experience. And then Rod and Gator met up with us who work here with the company that are higher ups. They met us midway through and then and then it was just it was such a cool experience. And there's a million and one stories from it, but just the whole thing was just such. It was unique and nothing like it. I think nothing will ever top that, at least in my career as far as doing something with a show like that was so so cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and the charity tie and the profound impact of that definitely helps the impact I bet it had on YouTube.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, definitely. Yeah. And then you talked about earlier the foster kids and all that. It's just like, this money is going towards something huge. It's going to help a lot of kids and a lot of families, and a lot of kids get into families. It's like, this is and we raised close to I think it was a quarter million dollars. It was like two fifty six or three hundred thousand. I was like, and our goal was I think just ten thousand. That was unbelievable. Yeah, it was really really cool. And then also to see America, speaking of Virginia, we saw Westterroat. I mean, he saw places I'd never seen before, driving through roads that I would never ever touch, and it was it was really cool.
Speaker 2: I love that, really cool.
Speaker 5: Patty is concerned with you doing the iHeartRadio nineties show. Well, she wants to know what'll make me leave the Bobby Bone Show.
Speaker 1: Patty is concerned. Well, Patty, you have no concerns because I don't even know. I don't know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: You have no concerns.
Speaker 1: How there you be concerned with my choices? I know, I know, I know I have no idea what the future holds true. All I know is that it's something that I wanted to do and I asked to have my own thing, and then I and it worked out. I'm not sure what the long term thing is, at least in the company's eyes, but it's something fun for me to do. I used to do it in Bakersfield when I was doing Ryan Seacrush show as his executive producer. I'd get there early in the morning and i'd record that midday show for a Bakersfield station, which is funny because I used to go up against not really hope against, but you know, Bret Michaels from who's one of our affiliates in Bakersfield.
Speaker 5: Brent.
Speaker 1: Oh, I love Bret. It's amazing. So I knew him before even all this because he was in that market and he was a staple and so I knew who he was because I did my research on it and I went to Bakersfield and was a part of it and immersed myself in it, and I was like, oh, I'm going up against Brent Michaels, and and then this whole thing came up and I was like, oh my gosh, Brent Michaels, like our past kept crossing. So that's a really cool and special relationship. And I'm going off on a tangent and dang it, we're not doing lightning round. But my point was I did Middays for about three or four years and I and I was really really I had a really good time with it and I did really well, Like the social numbers were the highest they'd ever been. I really I had increased that engagement on Facebook and Instagram and Twitter. And then the show it was just a midday show, but I was doing it kind of the morning show a light that it did so well that it had to it created some changes in that station, and I won't get in all the weeds of it, but it was really cool and it was fun. And then when I came here, I couldn't do it anymore because this was a new job. It was this was like this is ultra full time and I needed to make sure that I was successful at this, and so I was, I don't have any free time for anything. I had to fully fully dedicate myself to this. And then the COVID pandemic happened, which meant I even had to you know more so I just had to walk away from it. But now that it's back, it's great and I'm enjoying it. That's that's where it is right now. That's that's all. I'm not looking for anything at the moment. If she's worried about that.
Speaker 5: I'm continuing exploring different opportunities and thriving because stagnant is no fun exactly.
Speaker 1: And why not there's an opportunity and why not jump on it exactly? Box you're gonna burnt out? La da da. It's not about the money, it's not about anything. It's about me having my own thing that is for me. Like you have this, this is your thing. It's like your creative out. It's your piece of you, and it's nice to have that outside of something else. Like like Bobby's even said to himself, he's like, I'd be hypocrite if I said you shouldn't pursue something like this, because he's like, I do ten million other things.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it gives me your individuality exactly.
Speaker 1: So so yes, thank you for being concerned, but gop and.
Speaker 5: Lastly, yeah, this you can do lining around. I believe in you. Your best career advice from Kate in Indiana.
Speaker 1: Dang girl, Kate in Indiana not a city, but I will say you're from Indianapolis, Indiana or Fort Wayne, No, Fort Wayne because our boy Randy. Yeah, Fort Wayne and Randy was up dude anyway, So as if he's even.
Speaker 2: Listening, I don't think it all right.
Speaker 1: My best career advice, I would say is jump, and I learned that from Steve Harvey. I was watching one of these things that were posted on TikTok.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, but you're on TikTok.
Speaker 1: I know, but I don't even really do anything with it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that last one day on YouTube.
Speaker 1: Like maybe he was like fifteen years ago and he was doing one of those things. He was hosting a show and in between takes a lot of times sometimes the whost will come over and say, hey, studio audience, so thanks for being here, and they'll do they may just like just show appreciation. If they're a comedian, they may tell a joke like Steve Harvey, but he always does motivational things in between takes when he has a moment, and one of the ones was he's like, you gotta jump. He's like, if you don't jump, he goes, you'll never know. He's like, he goes, sure, he goes, if you jump. It was a little bit longer. I'm trying to paraphrase it. He's like, sure, if you jump, you're gonna fall, you're gonna get scrapes, you're gonna get hit some rocks, So you know it's not going to feel good. He's like, but if you don't, you'll never know what it feels like to do something that you want to do and be happy because you never took that risk and that chance, and you always wonder it's the what IF's, basically, and basically also letting you know that it's not going to be easy. Yeah, but the things you want in life usually aren't easy, but the payoff is always better because you grinded through it and you took the chance, and because you went through the process and the pain and everything, then it becomes you are more grateful for it, I guess because you're like, man, that was so difficult, But now that I'm here and I've accomplished it, this feels so freaking good because I went for something I wanted it, it was not easy, I learned a lot, and now here I am on the other side and this is fantastic. That'd be my biggest thing is And it's not for everyone though. Not everyone wants to do that, and that's fine. You may not be able to because your situation. You know, some people just like to be worker bees and they like to do just the nine to five and they're fine with that, or or they have a career path they want and they don't want to think about anything else. That's fine. Not everyone wants to. But if you're somebody who's even thinking about it, I highly recommend it sounds like maybe she is. I highly recommend that you take the leave of faith and just jump and love do it.
Speaker 5: I agree, And I'll add to that that you should make all the connections. You never know who you're going to run into and who you're going to talk to. It doesn't matter if it's a job that you don't think you want. Yes, you should talk to any and everybody and just keep making connections. The human connection is how we interact with the world, but it's also how you interact in your professional world too.
Speaker 1: Exactly. Yeah, that's great. That's another great piece of advice. It never never, yet, never turned someone down from a conversation, if someone you see someone you're at an event or whatever. If anything, it's also just another great person to have on your team.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you can always have people rooting for you. That never hurts anything. They'll know, all right, Scoob, what we did it? Not really really seven and a half minutes over.
Speaker 1: Well it's pretty damn close though.
Speaker 5: Okay, tell people where they can hear you, find you all that good stuff.
Speaker 1: They you find me at Scoob see Radio, Scuba, s TV, ur Idio on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok. Don't check it, but I'll be on there if you want, and then you can listen to me on the Iheard Nineties channel on iHeart Radio. It was Monday through Friday, but by popular demand they've added a Saturday, So now Monday through Saturday one to six p Eastern, twelve to five Central, eleven to four Mountain, ten to three in the Pacific, and if you're in Hawaii, especially if you're in Hawaii seven am to eleven am. I believe is what it is. My brain, dude, My brain is sharp.
Speaker 4: It's so many numbers, but.
Speaker 1: You know, basically one the six Eastern and where you're at you can do the math. But I helped you out though you did, Yeah, yeah, you did.
Speaker 4: Go listen to this.
Speaker 5: You can follow me at web Girl Morgan on Everything and of course the show at Bobby Bone Show.
Speaker 4: Thanks for hanging out with us. Y'all.
Speaker 2: Bye ye.
Speaker 3: That's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend. Go follow the show on all social platforms.
Speaker 1: Bobby Bone Show and follow ed
Speaker 3: Web Girl Morgan to submit your listener questions for next week's episode.