Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 3: Do you think the sixty forty let's say stock real estate portfolio is going to be the new sixty forty stock versus bond because the bomb market has blown up the last two years and I mean, I'm shocked. Can you tell me why. I know a lot of international companies pour their money out of our bonds, but I never thought obviously the bomb market's flaps this fast. Do you think that sixty forty real estate and stocks will be the new replacement for the next twenty to thirty years.
Speaker 4: You know, real estate's one of those finite resources as well, so it's as much as everybody would love to own. So it's very hard to own real estate and desirable places where you believe the value is going to go up. Now true, I'm obsessed with these like government landwatch, foreclosure auction things that come across the internet all the time. I get a newsletter that and it's trying to sell me property in places that it's just not viable. So you could be, like, buy a bunch of houses in Arizona. I don't want to pick on Arizona. I'm from New Mexico. But there might not be any water there in twenty years, so that's not such a great idea, right or buy You know, you see these houses for sale and Queen's by the Bay, they may not be there in twenty years. I'm sorry, we've already had sandy. We've seen what happens when the water rises Miami. Right, everybody wants to live in Florida until you live in Florida, right, But Miami is having problem. So it depends on where you're buying what you're buying. Now, if you follow the smartest money in the world in real estate, it's Blackstone right. See Schwartzman donated the public library, multi billionaire. What is he buying warehouses? Where's he buying them everywhere he can? Why? What do we use warehouses for data storage? And Amazon storage? When you drive on the highway? What do you see Amazon trucks when we're doing this? What's going on data storage? Right? So smart real estate is buying things that they can use, not just buying houses in college towns, which isn't a bad thing to do either. But you got to think about where you're buying and what you're buying.
Speaker 2: JIP, I wonder from an investment standpoint and from a professional standpoint, the landscape for what you do. Your thoughts on open AI and chat GBT as far as finding companies that are leading the advancement in it and you know, putting money behind it. Because I mean, it's not going anyway, and it definitely would be part of the future. So what are your thoughts around it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's one of those things that chet GPT in general's kind of scares me. It's either going to be the worst thing that ever happened to Investipedia or the best thing that ever happened to Investipedia. And I'm gonna believe that it's going to be the best thing. Why because even though it's really smart and it could tell you what is pe ratio or what is compounding or how to invest ten thousand bucks, there's nothing like the personal touch rashad. You're in a you're a former advis you're an advisor, you know what that's like. The relationship is everything, and there's a way to speak to people that it will never be able to do, and there's brand authenticity. We've been around twenty three years, hopefully we will be around another twenty three years. So it scares me. That said, it's also one of those things that I know it's important. I know it's gonna help a lot of industries, healthcare, education, finance. I think it's gonna be very useful in all those industries. But you guys know this well, and every era and every few months there is a new thing. And if you change your company name like Block to Square or Square to Block, or it used to be cannabis, or it used to be crypto. If you play AI in your name right now, your stock's going up ten twenty percent. There's a hype around it as well. We haven't exactly seen the practical applications that will be widespread and change markets forever, but they're coming. I just read something by Bill Gates of all people, on his medium jog about why he thinks it's so important, most important, A ton of things I didn't.
Speaker 5: Know, so we asked some other stuff that he was going to talk about. But Ian, I think, let's let's talk about those. Let's let's let's talk about the same topics, but let's have if you want to stay on? Can you want to stay on?
Speaker 4: I'd love to If you're having sorry for yes, dominating them?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, I love it. So now we'll just go back to the regular format and then we'll just have everybody chiming, including yourself. So TikTok's current CEO was grilled by Congress last week based on his commentary is it time for America to be in TikTok or did he make a case that the app is safe? So TikTok is on the fire, has been on the fire for a long time. What is the current, what's your what's your guys thoughts on what happened and the future of TikTok.
Speaker 3: I don't think that the CEO did an amazing job of giving the lawmakers feeling of safety. I don't think he came off as a threat. But when the grilling was over and still I don't I don't think anyone came to a conclusion of Okay, we can trust him, we can trust this company. Here are the things they're going to do to mitigate any espionage fear that we may have, like a red down.
Speaker 5: Kind of event.
Speaker 3: I think a little bit of the things they are worried about are being done by American companies at scale. I think that a big tech company maybe pushing lobbyists too to push some of these narratives, how do you guys like to be doing? Like But even though they've been demonized, he didn't do a good enough job to make even American parents be like, Hey, I'm gonna protect your children but here's the funny part. After that, I saw more kids be excited about TikTok and say I'm not going to use Instagram as much as result or it's not going to use the Instagram more.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 3: I think this was really Estellemach. I don't think they'll go eventually ban it, even though that's a great talking point. But he didn't do a great enough job to convince us.
Speaker 2: That he was not a threat to our democracy. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. You might seem boring the safe plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association member FDIC.
Speaker 3: Earners.
Speaker 2: What's up You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like. The checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just think about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. Agree with you. I don't think he made a case that the app is safe, right, So what's the issue. The issue is saying that TikTok can threat in national security and user privacy and can promote pro Beijing propaganda and misinformation. That's the case, right. His defense was No, he says that the company which they're saying that they have other storage and other data is actually going to be stored in a US user database that is maintained by the giant software company name Oracle American Base.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: The other part which is interesting, uh, is that during this five hour grilling, he brought up some some pretty uh, pretty big investors that are part of the TikTok investment group that you may have heard us black Rock and Sacoia Capital. And so it's like, when when your backs against the wall and the American government is coming after you, let's remind him who's invested in this company. And so they reached out to black Rock and obviously Seqoia Capital and K and KKR. Nobody had a comment. So do I think he made a case to show that I was safe. No, But he also put out a reminder, Hey, these American companies are also part of this. The other part with that I found this is like the number one deleted app. You know what the number one deleted app is right now, I'd face Instagram Instagram.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Interestingly enough, most people may ask what is the app that they want to delete? It's it's Instagram, And so it goes it goes into that that level of defiance. What we can't do, we want to do more, And so it makes sense why kids would want to be on something that they're saying that their parents or the older folk are saying you shouldn't use, you shouldn't use. No, this this is ours. It treated like it was the same way when Facebook came out, was like, oh, this is for us. Your parents aren't allowed to be here. So it's interesting. Do I think he made his case?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: Do I think it will be banned. I'm gonna monitor it closely. It's it's it's interesting. It's especially the government when we were talking about by partnership there there's some things that they're never going to agree on. But it felt for that five hours that this is a topic that everybody's on the same page with.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think you might be right, And I think what we also learned is how little lawmakers understand modern technology. Yes, that part that was crazy, but that said, remember, uh, you know I'm dating myself, but Napster, right, that was against the industry, and the industry railed against Napster, but Napster found its way, you know, into the people that really wanted it, and then it's spot off all these other things that became the way we stream music ultimately.
Speaker 3: Apple Music and Spotify.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly. So it's one of those things that may go wonder but it's going to come back as something else because people that like it and people that use it, and creators and tech enthusiasts and really smart people know their way around this. So even it gets banned, people are going to use it right, and then it's going to come up as something else and it's going to be probably even more dangerous. But he didn't convince anybody, and not that anybody would ever believe even if he said to our faces, no, your dad has one hundred percent safe. We're not doing anything with it. Of course they are.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I think TikTok is, don't. I don't believe in TikTok.
Speaker 3: I don't believe though.
Speaker 5: I don't believe it's as strong as as is made out to be, as the eye test is not. I have a very good post on pop culture current events. And I'm not convinced with TikTok. But social media at I think social media as a whole is kind of falling apart. You can block, you can buy blue checks on Instagram. Now you can buy blue checks.
Speaker 3: Which is smart for the business.
Speaker 5: It's bad for the It's bad for the brand. Exclusivity is always is always a major part of any marketing campaign in any type of you know, you want to be in the club that nobody else is in. It's bad for the brand. I think you can't reach your full audience. That's always been an issue. The algorithm, it's so much nonsense. It'll be interesting to see what the next iteration of social communication will be. Maybe it's something with you at GBT, maybe it's something with AI. I think that that it definitely will be in that and I think it's actually smart that Meta at least is trying to try to be the Fourfront. I don't know if they will capture that audience or not, but I think social media it doesn't have too many days left. When I say days, I mean like years, Like you know, they still they're not going to fall apart tomorrow. But I think it's on its downward. Yeah, there's too much nonsense happening on social media period.
Speaker 4: I got teenagers and for them it's Snap all day long.
Speaker 5: Yeah, kids is communicating on snap snap. My son doesn't even send regular text messages a Snap group chat. So Snapchat is still very viable. As far as the communication, it's scattered. It's all scattered. They're using Snapchat to communicate, They're using TikTok to find restaurants and recommendations and dances. And then people are on Instagram for their news and celebrity gossip. They're on Twitter. So they're just using different platforms for a variety of different reasons. So social media is and shambles. But we'll see what happens. We'll see what happens. But I'm just not a believer in the long term viability of TikTok. My graduates from my school being forced bad and drop.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our c MVP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 3: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.