Speaker 1: Second date update. We got an email that was kind of vague from a guy named Adam who says he went on a Sunday patio date. It lasted a little over an hour, they did not leave at the same time, and she ran out.
Speaker 2: Oh that's not a good sign.
Speaker 1: Again, I'm not sure what that all means. That's all I know, but it leads me to conclude that he probably flashed her at the end of the meal and that's what caused her to run.
Speaker 2: I was thinking she had food poisoning.
Speaker 1: Well, I only say that because that's what happened to me three.
Speaker 2: Times someone flashed you know.
Speaker 1: I sorry, I mean I did that to other people three times and ran out of you.
Speaker 2: So you were arrested yet, No.
Speaker 1: I'm very fast, so Adam, Am, I close with my guests there.
Speaker 3: No, that is the right answer, Adam.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you're direct with that.
Speaker 4: Adam.
Speaker 1: Well, if you tell me the story, then let's start at the be getting what's this girl's name.
Speaker 3: Her name's Jessica.
Speaker 2: Okay, you guys met on a dating app. I'm just assuming, yes, we met on Tinder.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, what else do you assume, Brooke?
Speaker 5: I don't know that it was his idea to go on a patio date. By patio, I'm guessing you mean like at a restaurant, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we met at a restaurant. It was a Sunday. It was like close to noon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, on the Lord's Day.
Speaker 3: No, we didn't goot brunch. We did beer and pizza.
Speaker 5: Actually, oh that's early early right, Yeah that's not really okay.
Speaker 1: Okay, tell us all about it. How did it go?
Speaker 3: Well, that's I'm not quite sure because well that's not good. Yeah, if I need your guys opinion on this, because I was talking with my roommate about it. He thinks it was a scam.
Speaker 1: What Yeah, you were scamming her. She was scamming you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she was scamming me.
Speaker 5: Okay, wait, so start from the beginning. Did everything seem normal when you showed up to the date.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, everything seemed fine. I showed up. I was there first, and then she came in and I recognized her immediately.
Speaker 2: Okay, so she looks like your picture.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she actually looked better than her picture. Oh yeah, So when she walked in, I noticed she was carrying a laptop back.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, maybe she was going later to work or something.
Speaker 3: Well, hang on to that because it comes back in a little bit later. So I give her a hug, and we sit down and order our food and our beer, and we're having sort of like normal small talk conversation, like the getting to know you out.
Speaker 1: Of the way, What do you do for work? What's your Social Security number? A?
Speaker 3: Well, on my profile it says I work in it. And she brought that up. She goes, well, you work in it, right, And I'm like yeah, she goes, well, I have my laptop here. No, I've been having problems.
Speaker 5: No, She's like finding dates on tender to fix things.
Speaker 2: Do you think that that's what she was doing.
Speaker 3: I don't think so, I don't. I don't think so no, because like we're sitting there talking the entire time, and we're still getting to know each other.
Speaker 2: While you're working on her computer at this point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, for basically like the next hour, I was working on her computer while we were okay.
Speaker 2: So you yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean it'd be one thing if during the date he said it, they talk about it and she's like, oh my god, my computer at home.
Speaker 2: I'll bring it next time.
Speaker 5: Totally this is she shows up expecting him to do something.
Speaker 1: Brook. I'm not going to jump to any conclusions here until I hear the very end of this.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Sometimes things just work out in the way you told us.
Speaker 2: She ran away right at the beginning. So and your friend's the scams.
Speaker 5: How did that happen?
Speaker 1: Did she leave her computer when she ran away? We don't know all the details.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, well you go. Well, no, So I finished working on her computer and I got it to work like a little bit. But I told her, I was like, you know, it's not quite six percent. You can probably do some things on it, but you should go get it looked at by somebody else, Okay. And so I gave it back to her, and then she put it back in her bag, and then she just that she had to leave. And the way I'm looking at it is just maybe she didn't plan on spending the entire hour there. Maybe she had other plans going on.
Speaker 2: Well, like you held her up staying on her computer too long.
Speaker 3: That's kind of the way that I feel is that I was I was keeping her occupied.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: He sounds super kind and nice.
Speaker 1: I will say that absolutely, But there's some unanswered questions here, like who ate the pizza and we drank the beer?
Speaker 3: I got like one piece, okay?
Speaker 2: And who paid for it?
Speaker 3: I did? I didn't drink any.
Speaker 1: A sober pizza day that you paid for.
Speaker 2: Do you want to pull her back? Yeah, that's a good question. Is why why would you want to get a hold of her again?
Speaker 3: Well? I talked to my roommate about this, and he sort of put this bug in my ear that it's a scam, and I don't think it is, but I need confirmation.
Speaker 2: You know, maybe it's not a scam. Maybe we're being cynical. Maybe maybe you're just really ugly.
Speaker 1: Well I'm giving other.
Speaker 2: Reasons, yeah, like she's just not interested.
Speaker 1: No, something else kinder hopefully.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not ugly. I'm a decent looking dude.
Speaker 1: Eliminated the bottom of it. That is what un attractive people do say. But I believe it.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: You know, I've seen your pictures online and I really can't say the same thing.
Speaker 1: At least we agree on that absolute. How about we take a quick break and then when we come back this whole room full of ugos, we'll call your guests and we'll try and get you another or at least a concrete answer on what's really going on when we do your second ate update, next second date update.
Speaker 5: You're in the middle of a second date update update, and we're gonna find out how the couple is doing right after you here.
Speaker 2: Part two?
Speaker 1: Would a woman ever try to purposefully take advantage of a man's kindness to be interested in him, just to use him for something that sounds awful?
Speaker 2: It sounds great.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's not very nice.
Speaker 2: It's very nice.
Speaker 1: I need to know.
Speaker 6: Where everybody stands in this room, because Alexis it sounds like you're pretty sure this was a scam from the very begun. Obviously, obviously you seem pretty convinced too, Broke, Why is it?
Speaker 1: Why do you think you're so sure that this is all like a setup?
Speaker 5: Because she called and found out how much it was going to cost to get it fixed at a shop, and so she's like, I got a better idea. I mean, he advertised that he was it on his dating profile.
Speaker 1: Well, the whole, the whole thing that happened, if you missed it is our listener. Adam met Jessica on Tinder and they had a patio, beer and pizza date thing planned where ultimately he ended up just fixing her laptop the entire time because she brought it along with her.
Speaker 5: He didn't even get a beer, Like, she didn't even buy him a beer, fixing her laptop slice of pizza he paid for.
Speaker 1: And got the laptop working. Then she grabbed it and said how sweet he was really quick before running off. Oh man, we're gonna find out what's really going on here, Adam. How are you feeling, man, I'm feeling okay.
Speaker 3: I just I just want to make sure if it was a scam, like, why did she do this?
Speaker 2: Well, and it'd be good for you to know so you could prevent it in the future, right.
Speaker 3: Right, But but but if she does like me, I would like to see her again and not have to fix her laptop.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I mean that was an hour race. You guys could have been talking.
Speaker 5: Maybe I can set up her st speakers and go to others.
Speaker 1: I'm hopeful for you, even if nobody else in the room is. It's okay, I'm.
Speaker 2: Hopeful, bro.
Speaker 3: Thank you. Yeah, let's put some positive vibes out.
Speaker 1: Let's give you a call. Here we go. Hello, Hey, we're looking for Jessica.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is Jessica.
Speaker 1: Hey, Jessica, You're on a morning radio show right now called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. Hi, Hi, Hey, this whole room full of us here, and we're really hoping that you can help us solve kind of a little mystery that's going on. Okay, because the other day you went out on a date with one of our listeners named Adam.
Speaker 4: Oh, oh god, oh god?
Speaker 7: Did he tell you about it?
Speaker 4: What is this?
Speaker 1: He did tell us? This is called the second Date Update. So the details that we heard were that you met up for some pizza and beer at this patio thing. Yeah, and that you asked him to fix your laptop.
Speaker 5: And he was so earnest, like he just is real hopeful that you really were interested in him. He sounds really nice and kind, so.
Speaker 1: It really help him get some closure because he's been really bothered by what happened. He hasn't heard from you at all since then, right, and.
Speaker 2: You just like left.
Speaker 4: I don't really want to say, but if I'm being one hundred honest, I got food poisoning?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 6: God, come on, you predict you're saying, literally within two bites of a food, do you get food poisoning?
Speaker 1: She ate the whole pizza.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm serious. Actually, we just went out two days ago, so I literally have been in bed since then. And yeah, I kind of ate a lot of pizza, so I was feeling sick from that.
Speaker 2: And hold on, are.
Speaker 5: You just saying this because Jeffrey said, I mean like you opened it up. Jeffrey said, well, what happens sounded kind of sketchy, Like I understand if you're defensive right now, but were you just looking for somebody to fix your laptop?
Speaker 4: I know it sounds like I'm lying, And honestly, if I heard him describe the date, I'm sure it would sound like I scammed him or something. But I'm not lying.
Speaker 5: But here's here's here's the thing. Like you didn't even thank him for fixing your laptop.
Speaker 2: You didn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the bringing the laptop to the date was the part that was a little bit strange. It's weird. I don't think my laptop a lot of places.
Speaker 4: I was coming home from work, so I had my laptop with on Sunday morning. Yeah, I work on weekends.
Speaker 2: Okay, she works overnight on her laptop.
Speaker 6: People have different work schedules, yeah, j okay, what else?
Speaker 4: Just well, so, yeah, I was coming from work. I had my laptop with me. We were chatting. I told him that I lost a bunch of work materials suddenly and I didn't know what was up, and he offered to help. He was very nice, he was very selfless, and I actually would like to see him again.
Speaker 1: So this is a big relief to us, but it's probably especially a huge relief to Adam, who I need to tell you, Jessica has been listening on the other line this entire time.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, I just I just want everybody to know that I told you I didn't think it was a scam, and I'm just glad that it's not a scam.
Speaker 1: You got it, bro You were right.
Speaker 3: Brooke. You need to let up on her.
Speaker 8: Brook.
Speaker 6: Don't you feel bad, don't you You don't feel guilty of Jessica.
Speaker 2: It's just still hard to believe.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: Hang oh well, Brooke, hang on there, all right. Just take it easy. You're steeling a lot of negativity over there, and we don't need that kind of negativity over the air.
Speaker 1: That's pretty for the course and laughing.
Speaker 5: You know what, if you like it, Adam, and that's the excuse that you like justice, that's.
Speaker 1: Great if you like it, you're into that. It's very patronizing, Brook, I.
Speaker 2: Mean someone's going to fall for the scam.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jessica, I don't normally throw my co host under the bus on this show. That she was one hundred percent certain that you were a terrible person looking to take advantage of a nice man for his kindness kind of It takes one to know one sort of situation. She recognized the evil right away. That was Jessica.
Speaker 4: You know what, it's people like you actually who make rush judgments like that that make the world the worst place.
Speaker 5: Jessica, where so like does that check out for you?
Speaker 2: Adam? That she works till Sunday around.
Speaker 6: Did you hear her laughing at you while she talks to seven am?
Speaker 5: And right hecktop does it have a work it to help fix her work laptop?
Speaker 2: Adam?
Speaker 1: Can you believe that you called into this group of people for help and now they're bashing you and your potential.
Speaker 2: Future and Adam, Adam, I'm asking if that all checks out for you.
Speaker 3: You know what doesn't check out for me is the shame that you're bringing to the show.
Speaker 5: Right This is why I can't stand up for men I'm trying to protect you, Adam, to shield you.
Speaker 1: Calling his woman a terrible person.
Speaker 4: I am a good person and he's a good person. And I don't know who made you like this, but you cannot stop.
Speaker 3: Us from.
Speaker 2: Is that that means you're so excited for the next date?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 4: She said that, Yeah, you know what. I am excited about it as long as you're not involved in it.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, that case, let's really rub it in Brook's face and send the two of you out on a second date. You guys can take a photo together and we'll post it on the Brook and Jeffrey website over Brooks face on the website. She hates love notoriously not a fan of couples getting together, talking about and honestly, apparently, what do you say, Jessica, let's stick it to Brooks say yes.
Speaker 5: Yes, I feel like you guys are going to end up in a thirty year marriage just to spite me.
Speaker 1: As long as Adam also agrees to go on this date.
Speaker 3: Adam is still in absolutely.
Speaker 2: I mean, sometimes all it takes is a common enemy. And if that's what I need to be brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: That was quite the contentious phone call from months ago.
Speaker 2: I cannot believe they actually want to be on the show again. Yeah, like, I'm still here.
Speaker 1: Do they know it's true? Adam Jessica are both back to give us an update. How you guys doing.
Speaker 7: Hi, We're good. We're good. It's going honestly, very well.
Speaker 1: Smile, don't say it so skeptically.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm just wondering if she was talking about her computer issues or her relationship.
Speaker 1: Okay, Adam, are you there?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm here, Okay, good. I just want to make sure is Brooke right? Is she happy because her computer runs well?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 7: I know Brooke is not going to like to hear this, but we are still going very strong.
Speaker 2: I actually love it. I think it's darly.
Speaker 1: You don't have to roll your eyes when you say that you can't see that.
Speaker 2: You don't need to call me out.
Speaker 1: Jessica, you sound really happy, Adam. How are you feeling about it?
Speaker 3: Honestly, it's been great. This relationship is awesome. I feel like I finally found the right person for me.
Speaker 8: And I feel super appreciated. All of her friends and family come to me with all their tech issues. I help everybody out, and I feel like I am, I am doing the best.
Speaker 4: Look.
Speaker 6: That's people worried about you on the text where they wonder if you feel like taking advantage of everyone.
Speaker 2: That's his love language. His love language is.
Speaker 3: I T.
Speaker 1: That's a new one, the secret six love language.
Speaker 7: I mean it's true. No, it's true, Like you can joke all you want, but he's my best boyfriend and haters are gonna hate, but we know the truth.
Speaker 2: It's talked specifically to me. Are okay, I just worried about him?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that sounds like you guys are getting pretty serious.
Speaker 7: Then yeah, I will say next month we are launching a computer repair company together.
Speaker 2: Is it called love Bites?
Speaker 3: But like b y t E.
Speaker 8: That's a.
Speaker 1: Brook wants to invest now in your company. Actually she's going to buy you out. It's crazy. That's awesome.
Speaker 7: You too, Thank you, thank you, and thank you Brooke, because sometimes it just takes a little pressure for the best parts of our relationship to shine through.
Speaker 3: So thank you for that.
Speaker 1: Pressure makes diamonds. We'll keep us updated. Congratulations. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.