Speaker 1: Big Fox Entertainment.
Speaker 2: Please, I'm the Rick Butcher's Show with Speeding Greg Butchers, Edie Van Adam and Rick Butchers America.
Speaker 3: Here we go.
Speaker 4: It's time for another Rick Birders show. Catch Nation all saying I'm ready. Good morning, Fallas from Mississippi. Ready for another show. Hello Alabama, the new mister Chen is ready. Oh Sheen just got fucked. Titusville, Pennsylvania, Detroit Rock Swing, Hello Mississippi. The bruit boy say, it's the last day of stirn. What's our bunt? Pittsburgh is ready, Big Jay's ready. Columbus, Mississippi and all paps ready, Pop Tart is ready, Itala's ready, Heartsill's ready, Let's come.
Speaker 3: We see you.
Speaker 4: May Field, Kentucky Ready, Let's get ready. See hey rd j Rge. We all ready for and we will unpack another one. Thank you for being here today. Speedy Greg Adler all here. Thanks to all of you texting saying you are ready for another show today. We have a lot to cover. Uh, let's just kind of do like we do. Here's what's Here's What's ahead. Updates on what in the world was Denzel Washington upset about yesterday? We have that up update today. The Pittsburgh pirate fan that fell out of the stands. A lot of you were saying, if he's under age, why was he drunk? Well, now there's some legal questions on that as well. Today we'll update you on that story. We have the interview a week ago today when we sat down and we were on location at the celebrity pro am at Beautiful Graystone there in Sweet Home, Alabama. Adler's putting the interviews up and he put up the interview with coach Sabin and Charles Barkley that has made sports news because we asked Sabin would he now be the person to don the mascot heads since Lee Corso has retired. His answer made national Sports News yesterday, including the clip that Adler posted. So we'll talk about that a little bit today. We do have updates on a number of things. Speedy's anniversary, a little update on that today. How did Speedy and Adler fair last night with their crazy dogs? As I did not hear any of the storms that came through. They've been coming through all over our listening and viewing audience. Some more came through Alabama last night affecting the SEC Baseball tournament a little bit as far as having to move some games around. I didn't even experience any of it where I live that I knew of, And I wondered how you guys fared on your dogs, because I know it did come through Greg, I know you you you heard it where you were. Yeah, we had a little we got close to the polygon late. Yeah, somebody said that has already sent me a video of Span saying that this front was hanging in there like a hair in a biscuit. He said that during his broadcast that'll hang that hair gets touch it will I don't know the first person who ever said that. I'm kind of tired of that statement. Lizardly Yeah, yeah, every time we had interview, Yes he did, he did. You loved it, Greg, Whatever happened, Whatever happened to the lizard Leak people, I don't know. I don't know they still do it anything. Yeah, I see where the Duck Dynasty are making a comeback. Are they really be able to?
Speaker 5: You know, he's stayed in touch with us for a little bit. I don't I guess he's maybe just still running his record company, maybe just doing his own thing.
Speaker 4: I don't know what happened. He over used that phrase. Of course, Greg is okay. Greg of course pointed that out. He had a lot of interviews. I get it.
Speaker 3: So the show ran just that. Maybe they've had spin offs, but the original show ran from twenty eleven to twenty fourteen, four seasons.
Speaker 4: That's good. You know, these reality shows. When I was watching The Honey Booboo maybe the other night when they were he what you just said? Yeah, I'm just gonna give you boy. They were at their peak. They were getting ten grand a chef. Wow. So Adam, did you say each person or just a family? I guess Adler, So it seems like it. Gosh, guys, you realize that means that's it. We haven't even talked to that guy in over a decade. Yeah, we know.
Speaker 5: After that he stayed in touch a little bit through texts then had probably wasn't more than That's what I would say. Twenty fifteen in the most Yeah, I got by quick ten years.
Speaker 4: We hadn't been in studio several times.
Speaker 5: We did, we did, Yeah, we did, you know, and our our audience is so thoughtful, so thoughtful, and thank you to all the folks that emailed me and I'm getting just now some of them. And I see the text about hope your mom and dad are okay in Huntsful. That's just that's just kind something probably we wouldn't do. We'd actually sit down and go they speed, we're praying for your parents and yeah, could you see yourself sitting down going speed, I'm praying for you and your parents today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, probably not, but you know I was no, yeah, yeah, I no, no, no, no better statement will stop? I did better statement, you know I will not. I was, Okay, that's a better didn't even know if people if you know somebody's in the buying, absolutely you'll pray. Yeah, but but praying, Look, you're doing pre prayer. I'm not sure about that.
Speaker 5: Well say okay, but thank you to those of you that did not Greg, but thank y'all.
Speaker 3: Yeah other people, Yeah, all right.
Speaker 4: Text nations also telling me that Norm from Cheers went on it. Yeah, George went, we've got yep that when it George George went, yeah, I get that right, you did. Oh that's a that's rare for me. Oh that guy, because I thought he'd argo what you know, I know he follows only seventy six. Let me tell you something. How I better hear from you. Yeah, if I don't see something from you, yes, but you know, and y'all think you got a little age on you, Yeah, I'll put you down.
Speaker 5: I've used norm a lot, and like if somebody frequents the place a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, oh sure, no doubt. Oh you're here again. So also Wednesday Bible study back today this study of job always just man, I'm just getting so much out of it. And thank you for all the emails and comments for those of you that are joining us on the journey today Job fourteen. So that be noon Central one o'clock Eastern on the Rick Burgess Show YouTube channel, which is an active little channel, and then it'll be archived soon after to the podcast and YouTube channel. If you want to catch it on your own time. Let you know a lot of you do that. So in Camp House talus from the Camp House episode three coming this weekend to the YouTube channel, The Burgess Bass Battle and I mean, we're all fully miked, we all have our own camera person and there's a drum so concerned George went fact, do you know Jason Sedikas is his nephew? No, Greg, that's great that's a good little fact there it is. I remember that, and I couldn't remember exactly who it was. I had to look, but I knew there was an actor. There was ken to him and it comes one time. I was like, oh, really, am I seeing things? Or has mister Chin moved into a bigger home?
Speaker 3: I have to move him still? But I have is all y'all are talking yesterday and I tried they brought it. I tried to claim that fish only have a three second memory, and it turns out that may not be true.
Speaker 4: You were so confident on that too, like you had like you had first hand knowledge because you worked at a pet store once.
Speaker 3: You know, I still think that. I do still think PR. Just for PR. I'm gonna move mister Chen and I worked a good bit yesterday on setting up this shot here so that we could see mister Chen.
Speaker 4: And that's a good shot. That is a good shot like that like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that'll be hopefully we can use that during the breakater you call him cam Chen Cam.
Speaker 4: Yes, I love it. I like the Chin Cam. Okay, so we have a lot to do, guys. Yeah, we got a lot of unpack and we'll work through it. Of course you can reach text Ronnie Shirley. Did you see that up date?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I want to say, how did you see the sad update? Yeah? Oh yeah, yeah that's what I thought. We covered that. Or wait a minute, you're right, so this this has not been last year a long time. Yeah, I actually talked to him.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, you reached out to him and y'all had a conversation rick of him working through that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, unless it's happened again. But no, the Ronnie Shirley's son and what happened to him that was years ago. That wasn't last year, unless something's happened again, because I remember actually ministering to him through that. Yes, yes, i'd forgotten you reached out to him. I forgot about that. Yeah, okay, so well we'll come back. We got I mean, there's so many hay burgess. Now, we won't do them all today because I know we sprinkle everything. But I've got enough hay Burgess the last couple of weeks. But I'll get into some of those today, and of course your phone calls will do some phone segments as well. It was twenty twenty two. Yeah, really, okay, we'll be right back now.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 4: Well you'll you'll hear pretty quick today on the program that the fight is not over. What fight am I talking about? I'm talking about ideology, political fights in our country. You know, where the country should go, How should we spend our money? Should we be taxed? What about our place in the world. Obviously there's different political views. And if you're conservative right now, you're feeling pretty good. Uh, but do not relax if you you think the left is just gonna lay down, They're not going to They're gonna they're gonna fight, They're gonna claw. And so we need Blaze TV and Blaze Media now more than ever. It's available on any device, it's available on demand. These are the conservative voices that are bold enough to tell it like it is. We're honored to be part of it too. An hour of our show is on Blaze TV with your subscription and also our new podcast, Strange Encounters. Uh. This is the home on Blaze TV for the strongest voices in conservative media, people who are not afraid to to say what needs to be said. Investigative journalism, which at one time was a given, it's not anymore. You know, you've got documentaries that say, here's what's going on with the deep state, here's the overreach of your government, here's how they're stealing your money. Boy, we're getting finding that out more and more, aren't we. But you're not going to get this on mainstream media. You're just not so. Blaze TV is a great option now more than ever about eight dollars a month, but we're going to save you twenty dollars right now off the annual plan when you subscribe at BlazeTV dot com slash rick BlazeTV dot com slash rick twenty dollars off the annual plan and then you can stay informed Blaze TV, unfiltered, unafraid, and on demand. All right, we're back. Thank you for being with us. So let me run this down for you real quick. If you're out there and you are someone that you love and you're helping with, they've gotten to the point where the step over tub dangerous, dangerous. As a matter of fact, I'm urging Greg to get one of these. So this is we're talking about a brand new sponsor. And if you've got a little anxiety about this, this is the answer. Safe step walk in tubs. They're they're right here in sweet Home. No, not Alabama, Tennessee, Rocky Top. So they're in Tennessee. I'm in our area. And I started saying sweet Home, and I thought, well, that's only applied to Alabama. They're rick Heure, Tennessee folks. So we know them. Good Southern folks, dependable, honest people. And not right now because you are a fan of this show, or even if someone's forcing you to participate in this show. Either way, if you'll mention the show, you get sixteen hundred dollars off. That's substantial. Here's the number to call for safe step in, safe steph walk in tubs. And they can even take a current bathroom, current situation and convert it into you know, a step in tub versus a step over tub. So this is not a bit a lot of times. They can get it done one day, one day. Okay, they've got some great you know, bells and whistles too. If you wan't so, won't you ask them about that? When you call this number one eight hundred nine five six twelve twenty one eight hundred nine six twelve twenty hey also get the sixteen hundred dollars off by mentioning the show, but also ask them about the free shower package. Okay, there's no obligation. They'll give you a free consultation to kind of come look at your situation and take away this anxiety that somebody's gonna fall having to step over the traditional tub. Also find a link at Rick burgesshow dot com under sponsors. Okay, Adler, am I am? I correct that we're about to move Chin to a new home. Do you have any fish facts for us again today? Yes, watching you and Speedy discuss fish. You think you're an expert because you worked at pet store. Speedy thinks he's an expert because he had fish for a decade.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and a big tank back in his player pad. I know what I'm talking about. Did you did you take fish into marriage ever? Did you take fish in the marriage ever? Speedy? Uh?
Speaker 5: But no, Okay, yes you did, yes, just for a short period of time. We had a fifty five gallon good night.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's twelve by four probably twelve by four.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so that's a you know that Don Juan.
Speaker 5: I gave Don Juan de Marco my fifty five gallon fish with the stand and every it's quite the mood Center.
Speaker 4: Greg. Yeah, I don't want anything to do with because the cleaning, you really don't that hard to clean. Also, if you remember, if you remember Greg, when that anytime anything speedy from his single days was given any one, we said, the ghosts come with it. Yeah, no ghost in that, ghosts in the water underwater, man might in the water.
Speaker 3: That's a that's a that's a real move.
Speaker 4: Did you have a trans by the way, a quarium on that list of things that look fun but aren't? I, as a kid, I wanted one. I like the idea of it. I do not want one. Remember we want of those birds and we got them and they crept on the wall and their cage was nasty, and like, I don't want these like childhood memory.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just like anything else. If you stay on top of it, they're not bad. You let it get nasty, though.
Speaker 4: But staying on top of it robs me of my life. Yeah, it's not that bad.
Speaker 3: It's really not bad.
Speaker 4: Why you have one now? No? I mean I grew, I outgrew it. I had a family and you had a family, which means you couldn't have it because I just I just didn't want it to have time for kind of fish. I just didn't want to What kind of fish did you have? What is that? I don't know?
Speaker 3: African ciciclets, beautiful, I.
Speaker 5: Get I'd get some well way, I'd go grab some goldfish, but it wasn't to have they chop them up.
Speaker 4: Rick speedy, you know how you say sickly like he was sharp sickly, He asked, what kind of back in the day I'm talking about I'm not talking about now, I'm talking about pretty aggressive.
Speaker 3: There's two So there's two lakes in Africa, once tangent the other.
Speaker 4: Here he goes the caution fit fish facts.
Speaker 3: There are these fresh water lakes in Africa that have these these fish that just look amazing and beautiful and cool, and they're mean. So you can, like you can put like a little tiny fish in there and they're ripping the pieces.
Speaker 4: It's great. What are you standing on?
Speaker 3: I'm standing on this box because I'm about to move mister Chin. I thought we were gonna do it now.
Speaker 4: So tell the audience about about what where, where we're moving Chin from and where he's moving to.
Speaker 3: Everybody was crying and everybody was whindering about his his thing being too small, which I explained, these comes from these from you.
Speaker 4: Just joined, if you just joined us. Not speaking about.
Speaker 3: Himself, No, No, I'm talking about this fish, my children, children, just like you stood up and you've been sitting down, and so you would fall. I look I fell, by the way just now with mister ten in my hand. The box I'm on went cuckoo.
Speaker 4: I was like, let's not forget. He's got water hovering it over boards.
Speaker 3: Yeah, equipment school Blaze is gonna help us out with some new stuff anyway, So let's just pour it on, you know, but maybe not today, Okay, So I'm gonna move him, and and Speedy said that Speedy was worried about being acclimated, and I'm like, it's good, it's fine, We're fine. Same temperature, that's the main thing that shocks them. And really you can go from uh from a little colder to a little bit warmer. You can't go from a little bit warmer. It's a little bit colder. If you go to cold, that shocks them and they're like and they die.
Speaker 4: I don't know that. Do you remember when my pond turned over? Its exactly one.
Speaker 3: Oxygen oxygen you're talking, I'm talking Tempe. But I'm going, I'm going.
Speaker 4: Oh, really, are you gonna let him sit in the net? I didn't know before you released it. I didn't know. Here comes expert.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna let him sit in the neck. He's in the way. I had to bend. I had to bend it because this this the top of this is to let me have. But I think he's getting, he's getting.
Speaker 4: He can't catch Chin.
Speaker 3: I can't catch him.
Speaker 4: I got an idea.
Speaker 3: You got him, I got him here he goes.
Speaker 4: Let him sit in the net for a little bit.
Speaker 3: No, we know the next scratches him speed. He just let him go.
Speaker 4: The battling of fish facts between you two and don't want to get out. Likes the net he's killing, which he's killing? Chin got him. He's free, like he's doing well, he's great. He's not even trying to swim.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's like he's like he's gotten. You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: No, we don't, don't, don't, don't. There's something weird.
Speaker 3: The fish equivalent of oh, really, he's pumped up.
Speaker 4: That's a fish fact. That's a fish fact. I really won't know how you came up, And I'm not sure how you see that. He's happy. Changed his name to Willie Rowl. All right, Look, he's trying to get out's going to the tops him, He's going to the top. He's upside down. This is what you're worried about. This is what you're worried about. He was scared, but the cyclic kid warned you about this.
Speaker 3: He's happy. Click, he likes his new house. Guys, everything's good. We got everything speedy.
Speaker 4: He looks like that doesn't look good. You like rick, he's sucking for auction at the top.
Speaker 3: No, he's not speedy.
Speaker 4: I think we've killed you.
Speaker 3: You're the one sucking, right.
Speaker 4: You just called us children. Now you're doing it. That's so rude. How long is his memory again?
Speaker 3: Three seconds or so.
Speaker 4: We found out that fish fact was not a fact.
Speaker 5: Like these animal facts. I skeptical of. Yeah, he's got a new yard to play in. He's so free.
Speaker 4: He's looking a little better now back to the top speed he's going back.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, thank you God.
Speaker 4: I can't see him all you can see it. Look, you can't fix it.
Speaker 3: I'll fix it.
Speaker 4: I think she's in trouble.
Speaker 3: I think he's saying.
Speaker 4: I think if he was enjoying itself. You'll be swimming around, not sucking prayer.
Speaker 3: And he didn't leave it in the net long enough.
Speaker 4: I scratches him out sound trying to check my fishbacks this entire segment.
Speaker 3: You don't agreage you.
Speaker 4: You're human. You had a mad fishback yesterday.
Speaker 3: I still stay by that.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess show in the world that embraces mediocrity. They are thriving the Wick Burgess Show.
Speaker 4: Here we go America. Mister Chen has been moved from his uh apartment into his home, and so there he goes Adler successfully moving Chin. Let's see how he does. He seems to be we think adapted. So he did. He swam down to the vegetation down there and got any he got away from the top. Okay, good, today he's aid Chin move. Dedicated to the memory of George went norm On cheers.
Speaker 3: Norm On cheers, right, we could have named him.
Speaker 4: Can I tell you that character norm very funny, funny, very really funny. Trying to think about anything else he did that I enjoyed. I know there were some things.
Speaker 3: Some Mash what Yeah, as I was reading.
Speaker 4: I don't remember, but I didn't watch Mash for some reason, they were making a big deal that he was in the Michael Jackson video for Black and White. Oh he was, you're right.
Speaker 3: I forgot about that.
Speaker 4: I forgot all about it. And he was also in Fletch. Remember he was the guy, Yes, the guy at the beach. I remember that fat Sam or Oh yeah, yeah, you know. And and he pretty much stuck to being heavy as Intarcaric and really fact honestly a heavy person. Going to seventy six, pretty good number. Yeah, that's a good number for a heavy not bad.
Speaker 3: He was also in Man of the House with Jonathan Taylor Thomas and Chevy Chase.
Speaker 4: Don't remember that, Chase, Sorry, don't remember that at all.
Speaker 3: Little rascals. That's another one from my childhood.
Speaker 4: Did Yeah? Was that reading correct in the story? He did? He pass away in his sleep? You know what. I haven't even looked at the story. I just knew that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: He His very last TV appearance was on The Masked Singer, And you don't want to see it.
Speaker 4: I don't like, I can't figure that show out. It's just weird, weird feel. We haven't dealt with it much on the air, But The mask Singer infuriates Greg and drives him crazy. I don't understand.
Speaker 3: I don't understand it is.
Speaker 4: I don't know what we're trying it all.
Speaker 3: Is it for people that have like brain problems? Like, what is that show? I don't understand why it's even a show?
Speaker 4: Speedy, you are correct. He died peacefully in his sleep. So there you go, and he uh, there you go and he yeah. Back to the masked singer, which I didn't know he was on there, and I wish I hadn't ever known that. But the concept is that they dress in these bizarre costumes, I mean elaborate costumes, and they come out and have to sing through some hole in the mask, and then they do all these hints and the panel has to figure out what famous, semi famous person or famous person is singing and who this masked costume person is. I know, is that their voice or do they have a fake voice? I've never reritten. It is their voice. But when they talk and they tell themselves the panels things about them, they put them in a weird voice. They do that. Yeah, it's it's it's weird. That would be fun to guess who was under there? Would you enjoy that?
Speaker 5: That would be kind of fun if you're in that world, that entertainment world, and all the judges are so you're trying to figure out Okay, I know this person.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, George went sang. I thought he was on like maybe a guest panelist.
Speaker 3: He was a was a moose.
Speaker 4: He dresses a moose and came out and sang a few songs. Yes, I didn't know this. He looks old too. And back to what you just said, wish I didn't know that was last year. He's got quite the goozle.
Speaker 3: Well he lost some weight?
Speaker 4: Did he did drop some.
Speaker 3: A little bit? Maybe he just got old in at the same time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, a couple of updates today. Also, the New Orleans jail break tonight is going to be a break somewhere in this town. Don't go by the way then, Lizzie, uh, the fifth inmate has now been captured. Remember they called four pretty quick? Yeah? Now did I say one was on Facebook posing with this print? That is correct?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 4: What a genius? What a genius? Let's go ahead put him back up. Yeah, so five of the ten have now been captured, are recaptured because they'd been captured once and they got out Uh. Corey Boyd briefly spotted last Friday, hours after the jail break, taking into custody.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 4: He is nineteen. He's accused of killing Brandon Fees. Of course he innocent. Uh. Yeah, during during a car of Berkeley and Burke. I can't say that word. A carjacking, No.
Speaker 3: Say, yeah, carjacking.
Speaker 4: Some of them probably to burglary. There we go. They got out there and have no where to sleep, nothing, nothing to eat. Yeah, but half of them back in. Yep, we got fifty percent back.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 3: Well, you guys are on the run. Where are you going?
Speaker 4: Where are hiding? Have I just where am I escaping from? Am I in Louisiana? When did I escape?
Speaker 3: You guys are one of the crew that escaped from New Orleans. You're from New Orleans? Where you're going?
Speaker 4: So I am from there. I'm familiar with the area. Yeah, probably the zoo. You're going to the zoo and just blend in. You're going to the zoo to blend in. Well, you're not. You know lots of your tours, But that clothes you got on is gonna hurt a lot of things in the wood woods in Louisiana. Yeah, I'd be more. No, honestly, if you ask me the honest question, which I hope, I'm never in this situation. I'm getting out of the state as quick as I'm getting I'm jumping on a train.
Speaker 9: Train train.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I hate to say it. I do whatever I have to do to come into a vehicle. Yeah.
Speaker 5: And if I mean, if I'm in jail, I probably know I'm gonna lay on the top of an eighteen wheeler.
Speaker 4: Like this good, You're gonna lay on top of it? M m okay.
Speaker 3: A camera's a lot of overpasses. People are gonna see that.
Speaker 4: Why why don't you just jump a train. I'm gonna try to find an eighteen wheeler.
Speaker 5: It's got a bunch of cars on the back of it, and then like get in the back seat, lay the seat back and go to sleep.
Speaker 10: Nice.
Speaker 4: That's that's not Yeah, I don't have probably a lot, but you don't have any usually you don't have any real way. Now, have I been able to communicate with somebody on the outside that's like waiting on me?
Speaker 3: Oh that's good.
Speaker 5: Well, that's true. They're probably on that though. They're probably looking at everybody that you like.
Speaker 4: Facebook, guy, I said, what I'm not gonna do is pose with my buddies on Facebook. Look, I'm out. I know. I'm not calling Greg to come get me because it'd be like what, by the way, yesterday Greg and I returned Mom's car fixed and ready to go. That's what I say. Yes, we did broke a record how quickly we got it and got it where we're supposed to be. Another update, man charge giving with giving booze to the underage Pirates fan who fell onto the field. Yep, guys, we basically had that when we saw that other angle. Yep. So he just jumps up in there and his weight gets forward, hits about mid thigh on the rail and that just flipped him. He fell because he was drunk, because he couldn't keep it because he just jumped over and he overdid his jump. He did got top heavy. A twenty one year old has been charged with providing the alcohol to his twenty year old friend who fell from the stands onto the field. Cavin mark Wood is the twenty year old who fell, and now they are taking Ethan Kirkwood and they are now charging him as someone who was of age by one year furnishing the alcohol for the one who was not of age, who then was so drunk that he broke his neck clavical and back, falling out of the stands, simply excited about something the pirates had done. And he couldn't hold us ballots balance and says he can't sleep because of all the pain he's in. Uh, and so he's he's struggling. But everybody kept good questions in the audience, going, how did could someone be in trouble that this guy's not of age? Now we all pointed out that no one sold it to him. But if you sit down, I think Speedy, you were the one who maybe brought that up, as if maybe you knew and you said that that, you know, if you're just sitting there in the stands, people you know or anyone could bring you alcohol. You know, didn't have to be an official employee of the stadium, grab grabbing beer and bring it back right here you go, Bud, there you go, Here you go. Greg, there's really no way to police somebody who goes up. So I'll have two beers and he brings one back from himself and one for the underage, correct, don't you know that? And going, I mean, obviously he should have been that situation, but just not even going that far. If I'm excited, maybe just high five of my friends instead of jumping up there right because I'm high five everybody in fist pump and to celebrate something that that I like without diving onto the right. The bigger picture, which you never think about, is don't overdrink this close to the edge of anything. But really, you're right. Even if he even with just a little bit of drunkenness, if he just simply went with the high five, he'd still be he we watched. Some lawyer will contact him and they'll say about the rail up behind that, Well, you had been on that from day one, people, Rick, you have been on this. You won't tell me people ain't gonna try to do thathing. No, I agree with you one hundred percent. You know so that that will But you really have. That's been your that has been your topic. So when that happens, right, you can check it right again.
Speaker 3: Well, I found the footage synced up from both angles.
Speaker 4: Oh really, let's see it.
Speaker 3: Here he goes, here, he goes, won't what why.
Speaker 4: In the world he's pushing hisself on the rail like yeah and over he goes, yeah, watch his friends.
Speaker 3: And life changed forever.
Speaker 4: I wonder who Who's that great?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 4: There's one little attempt to grab from the girl sitting next to him, and I don't understand why in the world he would.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he pushed, he was jumping up, and when he jumped up, he went. He landed on his on the thighs on the rail and he just sent him over.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my goodness, and and and and I'm shirtless and I'm top heavy. Yes, of course I'm shirtless. I'm shirtless, right wow.
Speaker 5: And the latest edition of How Alcohol Has Ruined My Life?
Speaker 4: Right there you go.
Speaker 3: It's easy to ruin your life real quick.
Speaker 4: By the way, it is, Rick forgot about George Winn being one of that the Bears got. I know, how did we not bring that up? Beard Bears?
Speaker 3: Orge?
Speaker 4: Way, that was a great, great skip. We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm excited about tomorrow, I mean, sorry, Friday. Friday is the release the twenty third of May, and it is going to start showing up on you know, new movies in your local theater. And the movie is called The Last Rodeo. It's from Angels studios. Man, they're putting out some great stuff right now. Great movies, entertaining movies, great dialogue, great stories. They look great, the stories are great. They've got great actors. And The Last Rodeo is the latest one. Now, this is a great movie. Not something you know, Hey, I'm going to the movie and I wonder what I'm what kind of nwdity's in here, what kind of none of that. Don't have to worry about all that. But it's also a really good movie. This is the same studio that brought you Sound of Freedom, great movie, King of Kings, the animated feature that came out at Eastern Homestead. Another great movie from them. This is the Last Rodeo. So it's gonna this is action pack. It's about a retired rodeo legend who is forced to go back for his grandson. He's doing it of his own free will, but he thought he was retired. Now he comes back and becomes the oldest rodeo you know, uh, writer of his time, and he's gonna risk everything to get out and ride one last time for his grandson. And all this it's around. It it's got the it's very raw, it's it's heartfelt. You know, my little misty eyed parts of it had a chance to see it. You're gonna love this movie.
Speaker 7: Uh it.
Speaker 4: Go to Angel dot com slash Rick right now to grab your seats for the last Rodeo in theater starting this Friday. Okay, that is Angel dot com slash Rick to see a great movie this weekend, the last rodeo.
Speaker 1: Do you have your Rick for just shows swag? Check out our store grig Birgersshow dot com and click shop.
Speaker 4: A lot of you grabbing that Rick Berger's show swag. Now. I see you out there. Got some great ideas, some things to come, and as matter of fact, I have an update for you, mister Adler, and an update for the audience. So I did some checking at the store, talk to our folks at fund the Nations who run our store, and I said, let's talk patch and challenge coin. Is this a possibility? The answer a resounding yes. They said, we absolutely can do a patch, sent me some samples. What and we can do a challenge coin as well. Really okay, they said, Larry wants the Larry and Gary patch. Well, we're not gonna do that. Oh no, Yeah, I think I think he'll be fine with the show patch.
Speaker 3: That's not the patge I wanted.
Speaker 4: Everybody can do Larry. Now noticed, everybody can do Larry. We've all in practice, right and it is the woman from Monster Incorporated. It is it is. Yeah, so that's their version, right, that's there. That's great. Sounded just like her. Yes, so so that I'm not saying that that's available now, but I'm I'm checking price points and and all of that to see. But they said that that many people want to patch. I wondered about that. Who shows patches on anything? I remember when we were in school back in of course the eighties. Do you remember people were like a blue jean jacket with patches all absolutely, yeah, like Motorhead something like that. Of course that that got Adler's attention. But so so that is one thing that we always have to think about. You know, it can't just be a few people kind of want to patch. It's hard seeing a big rush on patches. I don't really want to see the invoice come in and they say, good news, we've got two sales we sent. We sent one to Dublin, Georgia, and looks like Adler won one. So we actually yards that one back to you.
Speaker 5: You know, I've got a good idea. Why don't we just send Larry the sample Rick?
Speaker 4: Okay, wait, was it.
Speaker 3: A sample that's like actually of the show?
Speaker 4: Or I could get one?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I could get one an example, he said.
Speaker 4: These would probably be he said, because of the audience and the kind of the low hassle factor, and most people probably would display it versus put it on something. It would be an iron on Oh yeah yeah. And then the the challenge coin looks pretty sharp. Not the great I don't know, right, but the challenge coin if they're not too bad some way, I'm not going like something that would be you know, the government would give you if you went to the White House.
Speaker 3: Yes, right, yeah, nothing crazy.
Speaker 5: Se I like this one right here from the city of Pederal, Mississippi. And see like you can just put something like a drink on it.
Speaker 4: You know everybody's saying to a velcrow patch, what do you think about that?
Speaker 3: Well, you can add your own velcrow. We're just making the image. We're just making the patch. You can sew it on, you can iron it on, you can vel throw it on everybody. We're not in charge of everybody's attachment methods.
Speaker 4: Wow, it down. He's on a roll down. He's just he's just gonna put his in the frame, right, that badge. But the uh.
Speaker 3: Speed he uses it a coaster. That's a good call.
Speaker 4: It's not bad. Idn't get I didn't get much out of it.
Speaker 6: That's fine.
Speaker 3: I wanted to come back to that.
Speaker 4: Mister Chin is a different fish. I just realized it.
Speaker 3: It's a different fish. That's the same fish, different clearly the same fish. If if I change them out, I'll be very very no, I'll be very obvious about it. If I have to change them out, I'll be obvious.
Speaker 5: So now that someone is saying here that the velcro patch allows people to stick them on their tactical bags and book bags that they have that on the outside of them.
Speaker 4: They can pop them on there.
Speaker 3: Got that, Just add your own.
Speaker 4: Just sell the anger, little man. Everyone uses velcrow.
Speaker 3: Now sell your own velcrow on there, your custom making it anyway.
Speaker 4: People say that, People say the vel crow would sell better. One guy's even threatening to kick the box out from under you.
Speaker 3: I don't have the box anymore. I'm standing on my own too.
Speaker 4: Things. Just to stand up you were sitting there, Okay, I'll talk to them about this, but somebody else on Text Nations said true, I think the way the store is set up now with with fund the Nations, who I called Feed the Nations for the first sixty days of the show, I think they can do the Let's put it out there, let's see how it goes before we before we commit. Okay, yeah, yeah, so let's like it.
Speaker 5: Everybody's saying to the vel Crow, every every single everybody. There's not one person says, don't do it great.
Speaker 4: I don't know that we have the rights to do a big boy challenge coin. I think if we use his image that could be I don't know if they'll let us do that a big boy. And on that note, you keep mentioning the patches. This was a you know, you never you know, not really sure how things go, and you know some there's some things people love and there's things that people do not. And it will range. Like we watch on Text Nation, we look at our emails. I'm telling all of you out there, when you doing what we do, you just have to kind of go sometimes with the with the vibe of how it feels. We will do things and there will be two text or emails one right after the other, I laughed so hard or that was one of the favorite things I've ever heard in the history of all entertainment. And then the next one says terrible, y'all shouldn't even be on there. Yeah, and don't ever do that again. And you're like, gosh, it's hard to so let me just throw this at you in an email. I won't do the intro and everything because I just want one email because it's on this topic. From Liberty University in Beautiful Virginia. From Shane hey Bird, Hey Bird, staying a day late. As a show podcast listener, I just heard the call from patch man Larry, and as always it was radio go. I love all you guys, but Larry and Carolyn have become my new favorite part of the show. How about that? Since day one when he left the voicemail and then his first call, I have been hooked. Nothing perks my ears up more than to hear that familiar voice that sounds like accommodation of Fauci and Rix's aunt Martha. I vote we give Larry one full segment a day, all right, at the very least once a week. Maybe it needs to go before the court. I'm not sure it requires a box verdict, but just throwing it out there. And I would also nominate the same for Gary because he too all caps never disappoints Larry love the new show. Well again, I know sometimes we have to look after the audience. I know you would like to do a segment a day. I think that's strong. Larry, just on normal organically is going to give us at least two to three a week. Yeah, because anytime we go to a phone segments, he's gonna give it a shot most every time. But I think you love him because of the temp how often he's coming on right now, you can go too much with this same thing with Gary. Hey, you know, and I ain't got to be on there and it ain't nothing, But I mean I don't really, I got things to do. I'm too busy because everywhere I go people keep saying, when you know, joking, show up right, but so good. I think he's better than Gary. I think so too. No, No, let me tell you, I'd like to put this before the panel. I think Gary's tried to change his voice since I start doing it. Oh, I think he's trying to talk different. Have you pictured that.
Speaker 5: When Greag comes in and voice guy every now and then you'll do that.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, you'll come in and have asaboy. I ain't never done that. If you have, you got something you a little bit serious about and you want to make it, well you'll go. That's that the vibe, right, It's kind of how Adler gets when he when something political flips. It's a different it's a different deal. Yeah, but that's all right. I mean it's one day you said, you get to hear it out, and it's kind of like we all, I think we all do anything normal to change your voice based on what you're doing. Yeah yeah, yeah, or you go to a high pitch for effect. That means you serious talking about me when he hurt yourself. Yeah, I agree, it's from there. Yeah. All that then, just like just like we talked about okay, just all we talked about it. Now here here's text nation. I think I can only take Larry about once a month, see say, and then you've got people that want him every day. You got people want him every day, So let's just do what we want. Well, well, here's what we know he we we know that, we know that he works and people like him, so we just we think we have to now do our job and know what the proper amount really is. And as we go forward the top of the hour, thanks for being with.
Speaker 11: Us, stuff.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burtish Show.
Speaker 12: Well, welcome to the Rick Birs Show, Broadcasting from the rig World.
Speaker 13: With Speedy, Greg Adler and Rick Berges.
Speaker 14: Buckle up, America.
Speaker 3: It's time for the show.
Speaker 15: Welcome to the rig Birdest Show, broadcasting from the Rig Word with Speedy Greg and learn Rick Berges.
Speaker 3: Buckle up, America.
Speaker 4: It's time is a brand new hour on a brand new show. Thanks for being with us, America. We'll get to some of your phone calls and some hey bird, hey bird from emails coming up today too. After our discussion last hour, everybody says on the text Nation, which I agree. I think it's a nice little something to remember on so many things except one I can think of that less is more, unless is always more. I've tried to tell all my tattoo friends this, less it's more, you know, with things like you Gary's and U Larry's, you know, less is more keeps you craving little things like that. We try to do a lot of things, but not overdo anything, and sometimes that's not that easy. It's not that easy. So thank you all for that and your feedback. So we have Speedy Greg Adler here. We have an update from Speedy's anniversary yesterday coming up. He even has a video to go with it. I do, so we'll have that coming back. No, what, it's just us to do it with that?
Speaker 3: What was that?
Speaker 4: I know the Burgess Boys made icontact. I was I was looking at the over this way?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what was with that pregnant pause?
Speaker 4: It was just I was thought Speedy might inform us a little more. I didn't know it would be an awkward paulse Art.
Speaker 5: Well, if that's where we're going, I can get getting into it.
Speaker 4: Not yet, what did that details? A couple of updates A look at You, Look at You trending yesterday on our YouTube channel. He put up the video of our interview with Nick Saban and Charles Barkley one week Aldgo today it happened. It came to the YouTube channel yesterday. More more to come on some of these other interviews. Well, it didn't take long for the sports world to you know, anytime we interview Saban, it seems to be Saban more than anyone if we interview Saban because of his popularity and the mobs of people that that adore, some of you have come in a little hot on Saban. He's just a man.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 4: There's always you've got to be careful for every little thing you do when talking to Saban because the Saban nation, you know, and it is sometimes it is interesting for you know, college football fans to refer to anyone else as a rube or or or an inbred. That's always weird. But anyway, there's there seems to be a certain amount of people that don't want us to ever interview Saban. I don't know why they just don't. I actually thought the interview was you know, it was not. I didn't goof off with him as much as last year, but I also don't didn't get overly serious to the point that it annoys him. I thought it kind of landed where it should have. It was a great conversation. Some people say they could have listened to it all day because of them, not us. But the big question when Sabin asked him what it was like to work with Corso, thought that was appropriate with his retirement. Saban, of course gave accolades to Corso and then I said, will you now be the person who will have to don the mascot head? Will you be the mascot head person, to which he was like, you know, laughing, cutting up, saying well, if it was up to me, no, But one thing he did say, it may not be my call. Now that I noticed, I'm not reporting that part of it because here's the headline and this was all over sports yesterday. Nick Saban shoots down possibility of taking over Lee Corso's mascot heead tradition on ESPN Game Day after Well done because the show got super a lot of pr that I will credit all the sources. They credited our show with the interview of it, and I forget So is this the point when he did it? Have you cued it there? You're just throwing something up from it because he's he did say he was if it was up to him, he wouldn't do it. But he does say if ESPN made him do it, it might be different because he said it may not be my call. Yeah, So so here here's Saban.
Speaker 3: I'm cuing it up real quick.
Speaker 4: Okay, give me I like Greg leaning in the background, hanging on the tenth greg So. You you on these live things being in the background owns me. Hear y'all. I know, Okay, don't get mad about it. The interview, Sorry, buddy. You were doing the game day working with Corso and being his last year. What was that like?
Speaker 8: Well, Leak Corso is a phenomenal person. He was a real professional. It's been a part of the show and the tradition of the show for you know, twenty some years, and we're all going to miss him. But you know, I think that, you know, it was his decision to do that. He's going to be on one more show with us, which we all look forward to. But just a great guy, and you know, great for the game of college football and has been great for a lot of fans for a lot of years. And I think tradition of him, you know, putting that mascot helming on at the end of you know, every show is something that everybody looks forward to.
Speaker 4: That's not going to be your job now, is it.
Speaker 1: I hope not.
Speaker 4: I mean, Son, I just don't see you in that role.
Speaker 8: I don't think that's probably not my decision.
Speaker 4: My decision about the goal post in the background. Love love the new setup that's such a better shot.
Speaker 3: Speeding buddy.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 3: I'm actually enjoying editing these videos more because of how good it looks. Because you moved the tent.
Speaker 4: Thank you know you said it's awesome. It looks.
Speaker 3: It looks it's just a blurry background show Greg leaning on the tenth By the way, I had to tell Greg to move.
Speaker 4: I know I wasn't paying attention camera listen. I love the fact that I'm I just now found out Greg is just trying to get close enough because you want to stare what saving Yeah, you know it would disrupt the whole place.
Speaker 5: But if we had speakers what used to have to and then we used to have them and then they turn them down.
Speaker 4: I think we can find somewhere in the middle. Just give a little something. I think if you can, we'll upgrade that next year. Well. I noticed that when I when you when you and I know you don't care. When I was on with Fine Bomb about the book, I noticed if you're not I couldn't hear that good that in course o TV that don't let you have headphones and Paul's a little bit of a low talk. I couldn't hear. I was on stage, you know, and I couldn't hear a little bit of a little little a little bit of a low talker, you know, and he's asking the questions, but I don't have headphones on. At least on the radio, we have headphones. So anyway, that that was good. That now was all over. I saw I saw it on just about every sports platform yesterday, So good job that was getting that out. So uh, look, it looks like I'm working security.
Speaker 3: If I had stayed with this shot for two more seconds, you'd see Greg shake his head because I go, hey, buddy, can you move please? And I even did like the please can you move? And in the shot goes, Greg goes. And I almost kept it in the cut. I almost kept it in the cut, but it was distracting. And you know how now I.
Speaker 4: Don't believe that Rick Burgs and his cast the buddies that they rank high enough to be interviewing shaven rude to ask you about the current condition of the program.
Speaker 5: But anyway, either when you were trying to get his attention, he couldn't. He didn't see you. So he I got his attention and I told him to look at you, and and he was like.
Speaker 4: What Okay, that like, why bother? That's not that big a deal at all. But you know what, I'm walking everywhere. It makes sense now, I didn't know what you were doing. You know, look at look at the signal. Look at the signal that Adler was doing. Can I here's what's bad. I thought, like a little kid, I thought, look at Adler, God love him. He's hungry, he can He must not have time to get food now, because he kept doing this, and I thought he was going, I'm hungry, And I was like, how you get Adler some food? Yeah? Greg? God, that almost made Greg, Oh, I love you louder, or get some speakers, or I'm gonna do it again.
Speaker 5: Okay, hands in his pocket, legs crossed, leaning on the hand.
Speaker 4: We could have a cup of coffee.
Speaker 3: Hey, by the way, you mentioned somebody commented something about inbred on the video. Somebody commented that it's spelled inbred wrong.
Speaker 4: I'm just I think that's two years in a row that the same guy who calls me an inbred keeps miss spelling. You're spelling it wrong, buddy, Yeah, two years in a row.
Speaker 1: What this is The Rick Burgess Show, God Fearing and America Loving the Rick Burchis Show.
Speaker 4: Thank you for being with us today America. Wednesday. Bible Study back today noon Central, one o'clock Eastern on the Rick Burgers Show YouTube channel archives soon after the live is noon Central one o'clock Eastern. As I mentioned that, but the archive comes out not long after that. A gets that gets that out pretty quick to the YouTube channel and the podcast channel, usually within an hour of the show should say the Bible Study ending. A couple of things opportunities for you. Have you gone to Rick burgesshow dot com and check contest for the Alabama road trip to coming up next hunting season and beautiful Sweeten Home, Alabama. You can get the ultimate North Alabama hunting road trip to Willow Oak Lodge. It's going to be a fifteen hundred dollars value. It's a two day free range hunt, a beautiful Willow Oak Lodge which you'll love, a top spruce pine mountain, gorgeous area of North Alabama. Winning also gets you all your meals and your lodging included speeding. Willow Oak manages several thousand acres of land for free range hunting, giving hunters all types of opportunity for the buck. Of a lifetime. You are responsible if you win. To be sure you got all your license, you must follow all the hunting, fishing, game rules and laws of Alabama while you're here, and it's non transferable and you must do it within a cap under year. So go to Alabama roadtrips dot org Alabama roadtrips dot org, or you can go to Rick burgesshow dot com right there under the sponsors or the contest button. So a couple of updates from yesterday. What was the deal with Denzel Washington? We did this story yesterday about him getting the headline is a little misleading because we really don't get any new information about why he was upset with the photographers. The story really is telling us he was upset with them for the things we could obviously see. Grabbing at his suit, then grabbing at his arm. Says. It does appear the photographers don't know that he's as serious as he is. That's why they're all laughing, because he's an actor. See, that's the problem of being an actor. Even when you're being mad, they go are you acting mad? Or are you really mad? You know? But what they're trying to update it song is why he was not at the film Festival's event after and the press conference because the story glory he got out that well, he was so mad about what happened with these photographers, he skipped the press conference with Spike Lee. Well, everybody's saying, and the people with Denzel Washington, all his handlers are saying, is that Denzel was never supposed to be at the press conference, and everybody at the festival knew that because he had already he had to leave quickly because he was involved. He's doing what is it he's doing? Is it Othello that he's doing right now? And they said that because of that, that everybody knew beforehand that he would not be at that press conference. So you shouldn't read anything to the fact that he wasn't at the press conference because the festival and the studio neew weeks ago that he would not be available for the press conference due to the commitment to the play Othello, So he had to get back, you know, to America, and everybody knew that. So they're just saying, yes, he got upset on the red carpet, had nothing to do with him not being the press conference, you know. And they said, it's if you want to know why he got upset. He's had a long history of being upset with photographers that are rude and can't seem to call themselves. And he said that in this particular instance, you can see that that one grabs his suit, which we showed yesterday, and then the other, that same guy grabs him by his arm when he goes to turn away. Again. That was bizarre, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And one a few years ago he got into it again with them because they, to your point, Ricky, they're rude and they interrupt everything he's doing it, and he's basically saying, I'm gonna come over to you.
Speaker 4: Just just give me a minute.
Speaker 5: Quit being so rude, and when I have conversations and things, just quit screaming my name and hollering at me and pulling on me.
Speaker 4: They just hang on. The story says he has a long history of tense interactions with photographers over the unit. But the story is saying people are trying to say, well, he was so mad, he just said I'm out of here and didn't even go to the press conference and that the studio was having for the movie that he was there promoting. They're saying, no, weeks ago he was, he'd already said I can't stay for that. I got to get back because he's doing Othello. So there you go. And then sweteer, you gave me the story from the from the storms yesterday. My goodness, now which one now?
Speaker 5: The one from from London Kentucky that that is from friday? You know, they they were hit so bad. You know, we talked about what nineteen deaths and Kentucky twenty eight overall. North Alabama had severe weather last night. But this is a couple there, well, their house was hit with it. We talked about this on the show yesterday. The forces of nature.
Speaker 4: You know, if you want to feel small as a human being, there's all kinds of forces of nature that make you feel real small, real quick. Two of them to me that are in the top, and that's wind and water. Wind and water will humble you so fast, so fast. What they can do is just so devastating and so overwhelming. And if you want to know the power of some of the wind that comes with these tornadoes, here is the headline. Couple lost opposite arms while holding each other as tornado ripped apart their home. They lost their arms. Their arms are gone Paul, and they were holding hands during the storm, and the doctor said that they, as Rick said, lost opposite arms because they were holding on to each other. Well, O, speedy, did you read the headline of the person that would have been you who ran over to help. Here's a quote you never you never wanted to hear. I need help. I see an arm down the hallway. Oh goodness, A little word to help it. Being the opposite though, they can work together. You think about it if they both had lost like, no, no, no, I'm not being you went there a little quick.
Speaker 5: The neighbors didn't know that they were trapped until they heard, uh, miss Gail screaming that they needed help, and then they go over there and then uh the quote that Rick said about the arm down the hallway. Now she's still in critical condition. He's getting better.
Speaker 4: Okay, So they're not out of the woods yet. No, No, that's a night so that so so when I.
Speaker 5: Mean, I will say this in a very in a very sweet kind of way, this is not me making fun. At lest they both know they wouldn't. Neither of them would let go love each other. They let they would not letting go of each other.
Speaker 4: I will say this to be able to hold on, course, something had to give, and it did. Trying to hold on like that and that kind of wind.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think about the power of love hanging on. I'm not letting go of you.
Speaker 4: And then so I'm so, I'm so the the arm that stayed, or the two two they were holding each other with, and they lost the ones that were not secure.
Speaker 3: I know, it's almost like they were.
Speaker 5: One lost their yeah, yes, me, and you're holding onto each other and then it, you know, and then all of a sudden, according to the doctor, they wouldn't let go of each other.
Speaker 4: So what then? And then did just the rest of their bodies fall back into the home? I guess I see what you're saying. So that they were both airborne. One was airborne, the other wasn't. And they're like, and they ripped that arm off and ripped the other arm off. I'm trying to see how it happened. I can twist it. They need something to strap them down.
Speaker 3: That wasn't real Speedy, don't don't be telling people that.
Speaker 4: You would think if the wind was strong enough to do that, it would have, i know, send them flying. Wow. But you make a point, Greg, if they both survive. I mean, really they can work together. And now, yeah, just the arm you need or the guys in the arm I need you go or their house is a mess. Man, They're lucky alive.
Speaker 3: I mean yeah, walls missing.
Speaker 5: Everything, everything, just devastating stories coming out of that.
Speaker 3: But you're talking about when you don't feel good. I mean, when these big winds come through our town. I've got a big front window and a bunch of big trees right out front, and I just look at those trees waving, and I'm like, well, there's really nothing i can do except praying. Go in the basement. You know, It's just you just feel so ill, like somebody's granddad.
Speaker 4: I said, why do you have to use that voice.
Speaker 16: Power?
Speaker 4: That's I know this is not because my heart breaks for them, but I gotta tell you, I need more details.
Speaker 3: I would like to know how it went down. I'd love to hear their story. And I'm so glad they're okay, and I wish me a good recovery and all that.
Speaker 4: Hopefully they'll survive and be fine and get one hundred percent, and we have them on the show. We'll be back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Get a signed copy of Rick's new book, Men Go Running the Ring for Father's Day by going to Themanchurch dot com.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you want to sign copy for Father's Day. And thank you all for the feedback on the on the book, Men Don't Run in the Rain, Great great emails, great comments on social media. Thanks for those that are doing reviews on Amazon and different places. And we're you know, we were just talking about when the show started. Today, now we're starting to get all kinds of stuff as a family and as a show from a lot of Dad's former players. They're now discovering it and now they're going out telling teammates to read it. And this thing is really really rolling. So on the sign copies, I'm going tomorrow to sign another stack that we're shipping out. So if you are thinking, you know, we're going to get them to you by Father's Day, that's not really an issue as long as you don't put this off. So let me remind you again if you use you can. The only way to get a signed copy are the links that we provide on our websites. That's Rick burgesshow dot com, Themanchurch dot com or Burgessministries dot com. But even when you click that link, there's still two options. One just to order the book, because you'd rather just order it from that source and you don't care about it being signed. The other is a red link that clearly says click here for signed copy, and then we know that you want to sign copy, and it goes into that stack, and I'll be signing another big batch of those tomorrow. So if you go, hey, I think I'd like to go ahead and get mine signed, then get it done today and when I get there tomorrow, yours will be in the stack. So auto pen used, no, autopin used. No, it's no good speed, that's really And the audio version is available everywhere on all the auto audio platforms except for Audible, but it is coming to Audible and we had a call about that yesterday. Greg, would you be interested and singing the song seminole win for me boo blows m and O win right, so you heard, you know, speaking strange speaking of the show, will making better than George straight though, Yeah, so goodness. Uh the uh by the way, on text Nation, I have I have one uh to answer that question you just had here in a moment when we do uh, hey bird, Hey, burd So, Greg, I'm actually going to be first Baptist church, and I talked to Tommy Tuberville about this a week ago during the show. Uh, I have the honor of going to Seminole, Texas and Greg Boo blows coming up on June seventh and eighth the men. The men's event will be on the seventh at four thirty and uh and then I will also be speaking the next day for their church service. On the eighth. They have two services then at nine and ten thirty. Speak. I see something on here that don't look right. But I'll what are you talking about? Oh, I see what it is. I'll tell you them minutes. What are you looking at? It's mine. It just says, oh, you're looking at that. It says four thirty on the seventh and four thirty on the eighth. That right there is wrong because.
Speaker 5: That's the that's the length from beginning to end. So that's the full time you're going to be there. Oh, I say, yeah, yeah, okay, am I there that long?
Speaker 4: Yes? That's okay, okay because it says last service ten thirty. Uh So anyway, but but it doesn't matter. That's not a big deal. H So seventh and the eighth, and if you want to get details on that, go to the Manchurs dot com and look there under events. So based on the the text nation that I see, I think this question, I'll get to this email so and hay Verge.
Speaker 3: Hey Verge, couple couple of things for hire.
Speaker 4: Okay, so let's take a look at those. And we're getting a lot of these, a lot of these in emails. People are really really wanting clarification on Dad's statement that is the title of the book, and that is that men don't run in the rain. Hey bird, Hey Burge. Can a man run in the rain if there is a tornado coming? Okay? All right, s yeah, right, I answered back that we never Dad's statement was a big broad statement. It's not to be taken that literal. There's nothing wrong with a man running in the rain if there is a tornado, you're running. You're running from the tornado. You're not running running in the rain. Okay, So you are perfectly okay with picking up momentum if a tornado was coming. There's nothing You're not violating any rule in that one.
Speaker 5: That was a discussion yesterday with Hobie as we were trying to do a little bit better. He said that he was at a ballpark and just like any Alabama storm that we've all been in. At the ballpark, it comes out of nowhere, there's stuff flying everywhere. Everybody's saying clear the field. Well, his dad, who is he He's uh, he's disabled in the face. He's got he's got a walker, and and he can't get around that much. And and he left his dad with an umbrella to try to get his his boys to the car, who are under the age of ten and get them secure and then run back and get his dad. And he said he was sprinting in the rain and he wanted to know if that was okay.
Speaker 4: Is it a storm? Yeah, Oh, it was a good one.
Speaker 5: He remember the sidewise, I mean winds blowing the rain sideways. His dad's dripping wet, it's lightning. He's trying to get his kids in the car, and he's running back to get his dad. And I mean he was sprinting all over the place. He's like, and the whole time, I'm thinking I'm running in the rain. But I think your dad would probably say common sense is take care of your family.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, we're to me is you're out on a normal day and you're walking from your vehicle and then else in the bottom drops that we've all been there, and you just keep walking, no responsibilities, just you by yourself. I'm gonna clarify this because this will solve it. And you're saying, right, Greg, if you are running from something other than the rain, if there is lightning, if there is a storm, if there is a tornado, if people are in danger, what you can't do is just be frantic and just the rain. I just don't want the rain to get I don't want to get wet in the rain. So I'm gonna run like like like some woman or some kid trying to get out of the rain. Dad was talking about being steadfast, being steady, don't be frantic, as I said this, running from danger is different than running in the rain. If it's if it's rain and it's just wet, and you're like you said, Greg, and then get you can't be frantic about that. If you're running from tornadoes and thunderstorms, that's different. I mean, danger is different. It's about the steadfastness of not letting something as silly as rain be a big enough problem that you're being frantic. What's gonna happen when you face something that's really a part of it? Be steadfast and and don't be pa AnyKey about things. It really is a version of you can't worry about that. Yeah, there's too many important things. Next one, getting a lot of these two hey birds, Hey bird, Hey, justin Given the recent revelation about Speedy, I just want to ask an uncomfortable question. I think I know the answer, but I really would like clarification. Does Speedy have a driver's license? Yes? Yes, he does, game have ad it he does, you'll being rude. Yeah, he does have a drive he does have. He does. Had tough time on my essays when I was growing up, A struggles about it. Hey bird, hay bird, overcame it. A lot of these, A lot of these too, Greg, thank you. I hate to keep bringing up this George Straight thing, and I hate to bring it back to life, but I like to shed some light on the subject that Greg may in fact why he may dislike George Strait, but yet he doesn't mind when he says that someone covered in his songs when it's about him. Because y'all may not remember this is from John his good friend and nemesis, Gerald Cats sung him a song a few years ago on it made a best of c D and uh and it was him using a George Straight song singing about Greg's baby blue shirt. Is that George right now? That's what he said, baby blue? Yeah, he was sing a little George. He's not afraid to sing a little George. Hey Bird, Hey Burde. This is from Kara. I have a couple of questions. Okay, uh, these are about baby brother. First, how did Greg avoid the lifestyle you were living in the eighties. I'm scared arguing to the assumption that just keep my mouth Yet, how's about say, Caara, are you under the delusion that, to my knowledge, was responsible for part of Rick's problem? Right? He was involved in that lifestyle. He just he just like I say, doesn't I think Greg said it perfectly. He keeps his mouth shut. Yeah. So Also, secondly, I remember back on the Rick and Bubba show, Greg was constantly teased about being an underwear model. Is that right? What is the story was Greg got an underwear model? Yeah? That's true. I was a I'm a podcast listener all five hours every day. Loved the new show. Uh, Carol Greg. At one time it was a little something different Wakefield. Uh it was. It was in the local newspaper and an insert, and there were people that that they that they had their pictures made. Greg was one of the models. That's not true. Forget wearing some stylish briefs, some styles. The we got that going for some reason. I can't remember why. Back to your pole climbing pile of days. Trying to humiliate me. You're wearing your till nothing but you till bell. Yeah a minute, yeah, so so there we go. Okay, so it was it was a long time ago. It was. Did you know the department started back, you know in Caphoun County when when I was there the other day, did you know that there is still a Wakefields?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I didn't know it was still. I mean that's the classic go department store still rocking. Yeah, that's great. Hudson's is gone. I forgot about Hudson's gone. I forgot. Now, you didn't do any modeling for them, No, Rick, there's strictly waitfood. He did one too where he was shirtless and jeans.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess show. The man who informed Gipping DUTs that they were not, in fact the Ice Queen of the Future. Rick Birches.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's go America. Thanks for being with us. We've we've knocked out a lot and you've been, uh, you know, piddling around and got to the show today. Don't forget about the archives. Archives available every day now every day, so you can grab those on our podcast channel or on our YouTube channel. Episode two of Strange Encounters also out this week. That is our new podcast with Blaze TV and Blaze Media about spiritual warfare. And thanks for all your feedback on that. Love it. There will be no new episode this weekend. We'll do another one ord willing next week, but go catch up on the two if you haven't gotten those interesting headline here when Speedy's handing out all the stories and Addlers getting all the videos together. It's always interesting the headlines. This sounds a little bit like I think you probably flip the switch with Adler and Greg and their their love of the movie Used Cars with Kurt Russell. That's a good one. Dolly Parton's sister, So there you go. Not Dolly, pardon Dolly Parton's sister, uh is angry at kid Rock her sister not Dolly, but her sister. I didn't. I didn't even know she had a sister. I didn't either, smoking Mountain families, I bet they ten. No, you're right, you're right. I remember watching color Coat of Many Colors to bring a teary do glass. Well do you do you squall when you watch Coat of Many Colors? Yeah? It makes get a little lump in my throat. Poor, we know you don't squall.
Speaker 17: No.
Speaker 4: Uh. Dolly Parton's sister is angry and responds to kid Rock. Now that right there had me the minute. She's mad at Kid Rock, mad at Kid Rock? And listen, was she talking about bud Light again? Listen, you're gonna love what she's mad about because I didn't know Kid Rock said this. Okay, like what like her? Okay? There they are wow in a lot of ways. And where's the makeup? Adler? Do you know why she's mad at Kid Rock?
Speaker 3: I've no idea.
Speaker 4: Oh you're gonna love this. I know. Speedy and Greg no, because they saw they pulled the story and they saw it. Are you ready for this? America? Are you ready for this? Because Kid Rock is blaming America's current low birth rate on ugly liberal women think about it, ugly think about it liberal women. The exact quote, Yeah, they asked him this question. By the way, the full quote is that unattractive, deranged liberal women are to blame for America's low birth rate. Had all pardon? Dolly's sister seventy six is very upset. Apparently this happened. I guess what was she take it first? I didn't realize there was a video of it. I guess this happened. When he was chatting with Jesse Walton, waters Is said a lot of things on this. Oh gosh, we have it. Okay, can we play this?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 3: He mentions a barn animal, but I think that's.
Speaker 4: Nobody's like that. That's an animal. It is, you know, even again, I got you, stubbornness. Okay, yes, okay, stubborn animal.
Speaker 3: Play your concerts. Do you ever see anybody with blue hair? Armpit hair, female armpit hair? Some of these people were looking at kid.
Speaker 4: I don't know, man, Listen, I was just watching your clips, and you know, we have this low birth rate in America, and it all made sense to me.
Speaker 3: It just hit me right now, because who's going to sleep with these.
Speaker 4: Ugly ass broke phrazy derange TDS liberal women. All right, it was more harsh than I even realized that for some reason, for some reason, this is angered Stella. Well why does Stella take it personally? Yeah, she's a liberal woman. Well, she returned with this, one liberal women means she must be one. Don't sleep with stinky, nasty, dirty, poor hygienic men babies who whine and disrespect them, all right, he added him.
Speaker 3: He added another sentence to this towards the end.
Speaker 4: I want this.
Speaker 3: That might be causing some issues too.
Speaker 4: So what he's just said now doesn't well, he added to it, But should I play this is his helf color? Now, well, don't ask them? But why do I ask you? And Greg back anything being off color? Y'all's call factor is almost is a little a little higher than mine.
Speaker 3: It could be upsetting people range TDS liberal women. I mean, you look at these rallies.
Speaker 18: It's like a bunch of women that no guy wants to sleep with and a bunch of dudes that want to sleep with each other.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, Okay, a lot of sleeping, A lot of sleeping sleep, so he didn't have problem with it. Look a lot of sleep talk?
Speaker 3: Oh kid, there that might have upset people too.
Speaker 4: Probably he really Stella doesn't She's not really responding to that one.
Speaker 3: Oh and Stella, I thought it was Rachel Rachel Parton.
Speaker 4: How many is that? Is that our twins? Maybe that's a difference. It's actually Stella. Stella is the one that's.
Speaker 3: Okay, don't say twins when you're talking about.
Speaker 4: They they they got upset. Someone says, the last time I checked, doesn't kid Rock only have one kid? So okay, Well that's debatable. I'm sure the road well one that he claims, you know. So so there we go kid Rocking, Stella Parton, and Mad each other today. Jalen Hurts says, I keep telling y'all I wasn't available for the visit to the White House. Jalen it's called a little flat uh for not going to the White House with the Eagles. And he keeps saying, you know, I couldn't go because I actually had a scheduling conflict, and that's what I was talking about. He's he never really answered the question when he was asked directly, and and now he's sticking to the story that he had scheduling conflicts. I wasn't available. I don't think that's pertinent. Everyone who went uh and was available, they seem to enjoy themselves. I didn't go because I wasn't available, and so he said, and those who went, they're they're free to go and and and I'm free to go or not go. But I had I had a scheduling conflict that that. Don't read anymore into it, even though there is something everybody's reading into it, and the way he keeps answering it makes us read into it right.
Speaker 3: Clearly, he didn't want to go, and just who cares own up to it. I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't think nobody should be required to go. How about Jalen Hurst can do whatever he wants, But he also has to kind of realize that if I make this decision, some people won't like it, and then if I go, some people won't like it. You know, these are the decisions that we all make every day. There's things that we do that make some people happy and other people not so happy. But you have to make those decisions. Also says Stella, Parton's.
Speaker 5: Man, he turns around, hands the ball to uh.
Speaker 4: He he loves the administration. He went.
Speaker 5: They had a good time, but they still are teammates.
Speaker 4: But just get past it from from text Nation. I know I've heard this too that had something to do with this honeymoon. But here it would be an easy answer, but never says that though. Yeah, that's the problem. In this interview, which is in the story, all he has to say is I was on my honeymoon, But he doesn't say that. He keeps saying I had a scheduling conflict, and people can go if they want to, and people cannot go if they want to. All he has to say directly to the question is I can't go because that's what my honeymoon is scheduled. And people say that that was the case, and you're saying it again text Nation, But he's not saying that in this interview now, and so I don't know why he wouldn't just say that. That would kind of put everything to rest. I would maybody would understand that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean we're talking honeymoon. We're talking like dermatologists appointment, you know, one of those things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, or even you know, I was attending something that was important to my family.
Speaker 3: You know a lot of the table guy was coming to the house, right whatever.
Speaker 4: Right, I'm sleeping.
Speaker 1: This is The Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 4: Listen up.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 4: You gotta find.
Speaker 1: The voice of reason in an unreasonable world. The Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 4: Thank you America for being with us. It is a brand new hour and a brand new day. Berger's Show approaching this Friday, our one hundredth show. Wow, that went quick, So we'll celebrate that on Friday and then send you into a long weekend. Hopefull of you have a great Memorial Day weekend coming up. We'll guide you there. Come on, okay, So as we start the hour, the gang all here, Speedy, Greg and Adler. Yesterday we celebrated old Speedy and Terry's ewenty fifth anniversary com We got to hear from Terry Wilburn. What an honor that was. Speedy took on. What you know, it's difficult, especially with the hours that we keep and all of you been there before with your own things. You try to keep up with the dread weeknight anniversary. Do you go to the nearest weekend before or after? Do you push it into the deeper into the summer of vacation, Especially when you hit a biggie like twenty five.
Speaker 5: Yeah, twenty fives, a big one, twenty twenty five is a big one. Twenty five is a big one. Got home mid afternoon, she was wrapping up from work, and then the discussion broke out. Hey, hey, let's let's go grab a bite to eat. I know it's it's a week night. Can't really get too into it as far as going out and doing a bunch of stuff, but lets we could at least to celebrate today. First thing she thought of, let's go to Costco.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, well, she gets excited about going there.
Speaker 5: I don't know what it is about the place, but she just lights up every time she goes. And so we always try to pick out a day and out works, but we decided against that. Instead, we decided to go get a bite to eat, and we we.
Speaker 4: Thought, you're trying to do free samples at Costco.
Speaker 5: I thought, oh, I thing, you'll go for that.
Speaker 4: I don't go to Costco. Maybe I'll go for free samples. Never depends on what it is. Yeah, I know, if it's chicken, you're all in. Oh yeah, especially for sausage.
Speaker 3: Especially, Yeah, if it's something I'm thinking about buying. Because that's the thing with Costco, you got to buy fifty of them if you want to buy one of them.
Speaker 4: That's true.
Speaker 3: So you don't want to get a bomb steer, So I'm thinking about buying. I'll get the sample you.
Speaker 4: Asked me though, Do I get samples anywhere if they offer samples, right, because I don't go to Costco?
Speaker 5: Yeah, samples in general. Like somebody standing there and I hate you want a sample of this? I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't know what all have been all off in it? So people, you're always worried about somebody's you always wear people skin or gloves? Was I long had the same of gloves? Exactly? Somebody walked up in the parking lot and just said, hey, you want you know you ever seen somebody with gloves?
Speaker 5: And then they touched their phone and difference at all. It's like, well, what are you doing at that point? So you didn't do Costco and so we know we didn't. We didn't do Osco. We decided against that. But we did decide to go destination to go grab uh some dinner and chose a place and they had a little outside sitting area and so we're sitting there enjoying dinner. Uh And yeah, I posted on the on the story Terry sitting there at the table, just saying, hey, get an anniversary dinner date.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: And we look up and this happens while we're having dinner.
Speaker 4: Take a listen, I'm joining our dinner.
Speaker 3: Date on an anniversary.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, Wait a minute.
Speaker 3: Who is that?
Speaker 4: It's Hobie that's going to celebrate anniversary. But I'm like, you're kidding me.
Speaker 13: You're kidding me.
Speaker 4: There's Hoby.
Speaker 3: So you didn't invite him?
Speaker 4: It was a cooln No, we were blocked from his house. Uh.
Speaker 5: And he was coming through and stopped buying. Said, hey, he was running errands. And but but I'm like the likelihood that we and we look up and Hoby is standing. It's It's just that was hilarious. Terry couldn't stop laughing.
Speaker 4: Workout Huh, No, we didn't know. I cannot believe Hoby came to your twenty fifth anniversary. Well he didn't come.
Speaker 3: Terry was wondering why you told the hostess up? Well, three party of three?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so what she says, all the places that Speedy could have picked, he picked something near Hoby. Yeah, wasn't. It was a really good, good place. I showed you that yesterday. And wine. Oh, that looks good and chance you might say, Hoby, well that's exactly, but listen to what she says when she goes, well, we were, i mean joined our dinner day on anniversary. Wait a minute, Wait a minute, who is that? It's Hoby? Hoby did you join us?
Speaker 3: Literally, y'all, happy anniversary. It's not a dinner date without Hoby.
Speaker 4: It's not a dinner date without a hope, without.
Speaker 3: Your your best buddy showing up.
Speaker 4: All right, the Hoby, that's what I got ready for you. Yeah, okay, that's my channel. Okay, I saw the Hoby said this.
Speaker 3: Hobby said that.
Speaker 4: Oh it's good.
Speaker 3: He's the sharpest fella. You can't debate that.
Speaker 4: Oh hey, holy how you doing around town?
Speaker 13: Your words always spring it all back to, you know what, Hoby's all right.
Speaker 5: So we're at this place and it's a really cool little area. You're sitting out by the street and everything and having a good time. And they had some outside speakers. When he left, this started playing, and this was his theme song when he was an intern song.
Speaker 4: No you're making that, No, that's not true. We're screams.
Speaker 5: Yes, that was the theme Scott, the theme song, and just as he left that came on the speaker.
Speaker 4: You're making that him not? Is that not the weirdest thing? What is this thing with you and Hoby?
Speaker 3: This is, by the way, Hoby's just a dude, everybody. Everybody needs to really understand. Hobi is the dudist dude of all.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, well he's married, has three kids, very happy. It's called a friend. Nobody's text Nation, everybody, what are you brand games? Yea, the bestest buddies?
Speaker 5: Well you used to look yesterday we got to laughing and working out, and Hobie even said, see what Greg's missing.
Speaker 4: I'll be there next week.
Speaker 3: All even worked out yesterday.
Speaker 4: Yeah wow. Yeah.
Speaker 3: By the way, so speak for people who don't know Hoby is Speedy's best and only friend.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's not my best and only friend.
Speaker 3: I'm just explained to the audience.
Speaker 4: Who were the best his friends? That one in there?
Speaker 5: Well, so they would hit the alarm on us a lot when Greg was in there get a good time.
Speaker 4: That hit the alarm like we're too loud. The text Nation is asking another question I think is legitimate question. Does Hobe have you on lie three sixty? No?
Speaker 3: No, no, are you sharing your location with hobi, are.
Speaker 4: You no no errands?
Speaker 5: And in that area there's a lot of shops. You get out, you walked in that and then.
Speaker 4: There he is in trendy part of town. Hope he will be trendy. Oh yeah, that's his area. But what I'm saying, if you were hunting, where do you hunt where you think they'll be? That's right. I was celebrating Toby. He knew his habit, Sure he did. It worked. So y'all think I chose to go eat to see him, not be with my wife. I think you thought maybe, just like what happened, he wouldn't eat with us. But maybe I want to speak to I want to spend some time with my beautiful wife twenty five years and tell how much I love her and maybe get a bonus hobby moment. Yeah, because it calms me when I say, yeah.
Speaker 5: So Greg's done with working out with y'all, Yeah, some time true transparency.
Speaker 4: He did.
Speaker 5: He did mention a couple of restaurants that were pretty good and we're different. We go and and the one he he said, uh, hey, it's somehow you.
Speaker 3: Got some kid assist fight without asking somebody permission.
Speaker 8: My no.
Speaker 5: Have y'all ever do y'all have y'all's areas where and I, Greg, I know you do where you kind of you frequent those restaurants.
Speaker 4: A lot, and that's kind of the one to go to.
Speaker 5: Maybe you're five or six and you and I was just looking for something different and through casual conversation with.
Speaker 4: With with who no we have we started out with help saying I needed to help me heby pick a restaurant. I'm gay and I've never you Just you like that voice because he calms you. It's almost like it's almost like there's a bromance life coach relationship with Hobe.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Like one of the textures is right, I don't I don't hang around you because they freeze me out. They're so just anno they want to do so now there's not so much that friendship. I would use the word dependent. Yeah, co depend Well, we miss you, Greg, wish it. That's right. He doesn't need any help. He's got this. Did you a need a restaurant to hope? He suggested.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show, Don't Forget the Wednesday Bible Study. Today at noon Central Time on the Rick Burgess Showed YouTube channel.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll be in Joe fourteen today. You can't catch it live. I don't hit the arch out a little bit later. All right. When you go to leave your home, you probably think about if you're engaging your security system, you think about, I'm locking up. But if you're someone like those of us that are ready to be in the modern technology of security, you're not just locking up, You're unlocking peace of mind. How you like that?
Speaker 8: I like it.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 4: I like a lie well because because it is the latest and the greatest. Can technology be scary, Yes, yes it can. But can it be beneficial if you correctly? Why? Yes? And so with the new cameras and some of the AI technology, with the active guard outdoor protection, where you know, it's one thing to respond, you know, to something that's already happening, it's quite another to be proactive and stop it from happening in the first place. And that's what active guard outdoor detection can do. These AI powered cameras have monitoring agents that are watching the property in real time. Eh, oh, what are you doing here? Goodin who are you? What's your issue? I'm just delivering a pack. I'm just livering a package. Okay, all right, we'll come on. I'm just door dashed Rick. Rick loves us. So but if not they stop it from happening, you think about what else would be good? Rick, I'll tell you what else? Carbon monoxide poisoning. God forbid. They can catch that a fire, a flood, they got a pot burst, minimize the damage, get help there quickly. So why don't you go right now to what about a medical emergency? And you don't live near Speedy simply safe dot com slash big vox fifty percent off. Also there's a link at Rick Burgess show dot com under sponsors. There's no safe quite like simply safe dot com slash big vox.
Speaker 5: Hope you said his system gives him a peace of mind.
Speaker 4: The way I called Speedy trying that like that hobe, he had not told him something and I ain't fairly admitted it. Oh no, it was credit it. It was giving me the history of the restaurant. And I said, now, who told you that?
Speaker 19: Well?
Speaker 4: I talked to some of the people at the restaurant. I said I did, And I said, now who else, how did you? Well? Hope you told me. All right, so let's go to it. Just when you're feeling good about yourself. We refer to this it's our own statement that we made about it, and that is what we call the mouth ults syndrome. Yeah, why am I listening to things or watching things that annoy me? Just like why do I keep sticking my tongue in a mouth aulter when I know it's going to hurt, but I can't leave it alone. This is the experience of watching the View. Yeah, don't bunch. I don't think I can watch it on time, but if I if there's a clip from the view, I'm always kind of interested to see what these ladies are going to do. I know it's hard, it's it's the mouth aultterer. If I was Whoopy Goldberg, I would never make this statement because of how foolish it would make me.
Speaker 13: Look.
Speaker 4: Here is never stopped her before. Here is Whoopy Godberg. Here's her statement about the things we're finding out about Biden while he was president, involving his mental and physical health. Here we go.
Speaker 20: It has always been a mass trust trust issue because politicians media nobody does what they're supposed to do.
Speaker 4: Now, I say for me, listen.
Speaker 20: He's eighty three, so he's a little stumbling he's a little rumbly.
Speaker 3: I can't point.
Speaker 20: To anything that he's done as present that he did that for you. But but I'm saying, I want not you, but I want somebody to tell me.
Speaker 3: Well, when did you know it was bad? If you knew, why did you wait?
Speaker 4: He said that it was after he moderated the debate.
Speaker 20: Yes, but that's I'm sorry, baby, that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about. If you're telling me the hundreds of people people knew knew that he was not able to do his job, then where the.
Speaker 3: Hell was everybody?
Speaker 4: Okay? Who? He said? She didn't see anything that gave her any indication.
Speaker 3: Well, she's blaming politicians and the media for not being forthcoming. We all knew, everybody knew, and you all helped cover it up.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Bud.
Speaker 5: It is frustrated. It does make you go to that voice. I don't blame you for that.
Speaker 3: She's outraged with the media and the politicians that.
Speaker 4: She and they they are furious about the Biden book that uh that Jake Jake Tapper is putting out, and they're furious with CNN for hoking it. Meghan Kelly is upset for a different reason. She's saying, but you were part of the people. You you were covering it up, and now you want to tell us about it.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, there's the interviews of Jake Tapper and uh, I think one of the Trumps. I forget who it was, is it? This is ridiculous?
Speaker 3: This plays it so Meghan Kelly's gonna call him out, and then they're gonna flash back to a clip of remember Jakes Tamper trying to cover it up? Remember the stutter? Yes, how dare you make fun of his stutter?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: This is what that is.
Speaker 21: You cover the Biden presidency aggressively throughout the four years, and you didn't cover mental acuity hardly at all.
Speaker 3: I mean time and time again.
Speaker 21: When issues came up, you seem to be running.
Speaker 4: Cover for the president. Seem interested.
Speaker 21: Well, I mean we'll start with the Laura Trump issue that you referred here. It is this happened in twenty twenty.
Speaker 18: Like that, Jake, Joe Biden, as we all know, his work to overcome a stutter. How do you think it makes little kids with stutters feel when they see you make a comment like that?
Speaker 22: First and foremost, I had no idea that Joe Biden ever suffered from a stutter. I think what we see on stage with Joe Biden Jake is very clearly a cognitive decline. That's what I'm referring to. It makes me uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: You are, I think that's so amazing.
Speaker 22: You're trying to tell me that what I was suggesting was I think that you were mocking his stutter.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think you were his stutter.
Speaker 18: And I think you have absolutely no standing to diagnose somebody's cognitive decline.
Speaker 22: And it's very concerning to a lot of people that this could be the leader of the free world.
Speaker 3: That is all I'm saying. I'm genuine thank you.
Speaker 18: Sorry for Joe, I appreciate it. I'm sure it was from a place of concern. All we all believe that. Laura Trump, thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you a question. Yeah, did anybody ever confirm that he was a stutterer?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 4: I'm just curious. Did Tapper respond to that?
Speaker 3: She goes, do you want to apologize? And Tapper's had to go on this apology tour as he's hawking this original sin book talking about Biden's mental decline that Tapper's putting out that CNN is relentlessly pushing.
Speaker 4: Opportunity and is his line.
Speaker 3: Tapper's repeated line has been, Look, I'm I'm not going to stand by journalism that I've already apologized for, or journalism that I don't think was good. And it's just it is a cop out after cop out, and it's just so frustrating, and there's no integrity amongst any of these people, and there's share you trying to divert you into saying, oh, you're a bad person for making fun of his stutter, and that's evil, that's wrong, that's corrupt, and so much of the establishment media participated in that.
Speaker 4: John's John Stewart calls him on it in video three. We can get this in. I love when John Stewart goes nuts over stuff you.
Speaker 3: So here we go, and to set this up, this is the Daily Show is playing highlights of Tapper hawking his own book on CNN, and then Stuart is going to respond, He's going to pause, He's going to be shocked, just so you know that this little silence of what he does after the highlight montage of Tapper.
Speaker 18: In a brand new excerpt from my upcoming book with Axios is Alex Thompson. It's called Original Sin. I'm not sure if you've heard of it. It's on Biden's Decline. It's called Original Sin. I'm sure you've heard. On May twentieth. That's Tuesday, Original Sin. That's coming out in three weeks on May twentieth. That's just nineteen days away from one week and one day. Coming out in just a few days, comes out Tuesday.
Speaker 3: You will not believe what we found out.
Speaker 4: They staring at.
Speaker 3: They're still staring at the game.
Speaker 4: Don't use people have to tell you what they know.
Speaker 3: When they find it out.
Speaker 1: Yes, is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 23: Okay, are you ready to bring something to the table? Call no and get on the show. One eight eight eight six Big Fox.
Speaker 4: All right, America, it's time to chat with you. Here's the number eight eight eight, the number six Big Vox. That numbers eight eight eight six two four four eighty six nine. Same number. You can text on Text Nation as well. But now we go to phones. These are unscreen phone calls. We open up all ten lines that you can fire in here and then we just kind of screen them on the fly. So dial up now and we'll get you ready to go. You're gonna hear just ringing, and when you hear ringing, no, okay, I'm in and I'm standing by and I am ready. Things to be aware of, don't forget a couple of things that are going on. If you go to the YouTube channel, you'll see that it's gotten a lot of news stories. Yesterday. Adaer has posted the interview last week a week ago today with Sabin and Charles Barkley. Enjoy that episode two of Strange Encounters on the podcast channel and the YouTube channel, so that's available to you. And then coming up this weekend episode three Tales from the camp House the Burgess Bass Battle. So those are some things that are going on to be aware of. We'll start with let's see where we're headed here here all right, there we go. You're on the show, Rick Burgess Show. You got to unscreen phone calls. Go ahead, morning guys, How are y'all?
Speaker 6: We're good?
Speaker 4: I hope you're okay good.
Speaker 24: It's just two things real quick. First, I want to say thanks. She'll almost got me in trouble with my wife.
Speaker 4: Sorry, what do we do?
Speaker 24: She was talking to me about a person that she knows who is very ill and possibly, you know, could pass away. From it. But because the person's name, I almost cracked up because the person's name is Robert.
Speaker 4: Oh, well you can't, Hey, Hey, praying for you Robert Hey. Okay, Wow, okay, Greg, Well you don't. That's not a time to make one of those jokes, now, Adam not then two serious? Heyer and you can't. Can you blame us for lack of discernment there? So that's on him. We continue Rick Burgess Show, unscreened phone calls. Go ahead, horse, good day.
Speaker 9: So we were in Australia for spring break. I know y'all have mentioned the kangaroo that was loose Interstate of wall Back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and.
Speaker 9: And do you remember that segment? Y'all were talking about kangaroos and such, but most Americans don't really give a hoot or a thought about it, other than Steve Irwin crocodile dundee. But I just got to say, going to Australia hitting the pettic kangaroo peta koala, you know, feed them in such at one of their wildlife parks. Yeah, I wouldn't want to tussle with one, but the they do taste good too. You can actually eat the kangaroos over there as well.
Speaker 4: So yeah, there, their numbers are staggering.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 4: Andy Andrews, who told us when he was here and he's he returns next week. He told me that he was off the air when he was talking about that, right, I can't so that a lot of them have those brush guards on the front of their vehicles, but they're for kangaroos and he had just run. I can't. I can't remember if he was on the off air, but it might have been. Remember that he asked the guy how many kangaroos have you hit? And it was in the hundred hundreds, Yeah, hundreds. He said, Oh, hitting your kangaroo in Australia is nothing. They jumped right out. Uh it makes our dear population look like nothing.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 4: We continue Rick Burgess show, unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 19: Go ahead, Hey y'all, how you doing, first time call the Love You Show?
Speaker 4: Thank you very much.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah.
Speaker 24: On that Joe Biden thing about his stuttering, you know, in his earlier videos he didn't about, you know, with his interviews and stuff, he never stutter like that.
Speaker 4: Well, there was definitely a decline. Uh he's before the decline before in the past. Well, that's true. I mean you never saw any signs of a stutter before he had a cognitive decline. You're right, sir. If he was a stutterer, he would have been studying stuttering his entire political career, and he never did.
Speaker 5: Right, or if he had, he didn't stutter. That was the way the media was covering for for his decline. And don't forget also, Jean Pierre whatever she was trying to say that there was deep fake videos of him stumbling and fumbling all over the place. They weren't real.
Speaker 4: They actually that's what was when they actually were real, We're just real.
Speaker 3: It's just we all were saying it, and whoopee Goldberg to be like, no one told.
Speaker 4: Us, I didn't know there's anything but well, Jake Tapper, as John Stewart just pointed out, and it was hilarious. Jake Tapper is saying, as a journalist, if I know something, you have to pay me in order for me to tell you about it. Because when I know about it, when it's for free, I won't tell you. Rick, you ain't gonna believe it. But if I put it in a book that you.
Speaker 3: Have to buy, I'll tell you never get That's what we found out.
Speaker 4: So even Jake Tapper is telling caller admitting that when he said that that Joe Biden was a stutter, he knew he was lying. We continue rebird your show, go right ahead on screen.
Speaker 3: Phone calls, Hey, Rick.
Speaker 7: Thanks for taking our call. I'm here with my brother and a good friend of mine that we take to school every day. You want to say, hey, what's up?
Speaker 18: Hey?
Speaker 19: Hey, So this is our last day.
Speaker 7: Of school and we have listened to y'all every day since the very first day of school. So we just wanted to call in and say thank you for an awesome year of fun and good times in this car.
Speaker 4: A great So what what? What great? Are you finishing up? Like graduating or just the year.
Speaker 7: I'm finishing my junior year, my brother is finishing freshman year, and our friend is finishing his sophomore year.
Speaker 4: Oh great, Well and enjoy the summer and continue to listen. I know you may not want to get up as early, but don't leave us stranded. At least at least catch dark out. Okay, you'll have a great rapper.
Speaker 7: We will definitely stay listening.
Speaker 4: Thanks, appreciate you very much. Hope glad you had a good year. Let's continue Rick Burder's show. Unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 19: Go ahead, Hey guys, did you'll see you on?
Speaker 25: Jesse Waters the other day his on the street God Johnny went up to James Comey, the ex FBI guy, and asked him straight up, why did he wanted he post a picture of the Shews on the beach?
Speaker 4: No, no, I've seen that.
Speaker 25: Oh my goodness. He was at like a book signing and he had a book and everything and went straight up to him and laid the book down, and it was like, hey, buddy, come on, you knew what you were doing. And he just totally like, uh, do you want your book signed? And he was like, yes, I'm a book.
Speaker 4: That's no, I haven't seen that. Adler's got it. That's great. So here here is this it right here? Okay, here we go. Second to investigate the investigator, Thank.
Speaker 6: You, turn to how are you?
Speaker 4: Thank you?
Speaker 3: Jesse Waters from Fox has a question, why do you want an eighty six Trump? All right, Awkwards.
Speaker 4: Director, I'm not taking questions like that now. Why why would you why would you post that's still standing there? Yeah? How do you want to be with the Secret Service? Oh? Yeah, do you want the book? Signed really absolutely, okay, you got it. See to features this that you're going to do? You find a cammalacyshell eighteen six forty seven.
Speaker 6: That's a politically charged.
Speaker 17: So now they.
Speaker 4: Finally come to get him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's fantastic.
Speaker 4: What are you sign my seatshell?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 4: What kind of beach do you find? Those kind of seats is so uncomfortable? Oh that Speedy didn't like it? No, I know I liked it. He was just uncomfortable. Course one man, of course it was. He wasn't sure what to do.
Speaker 3: Please look at the guy that that canted him out, Look at the guy that kicked him out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you used to have those.
Speaker 3: That's what that would be me if I never worked here.
Speaker 4: Because you had, you had the little starters in there. You know, we say you had. You're welcome. Yeah, thank you, largious show unscreen phone calls go ahead.
Speaker 17: Yeah.
Speaker 19: With all the graduations going on and Speedy teaching people how to bark and all that have y'all heard from mullets Speedy bustard ear drum Oh oh oh.
Speaker 4: Ah, sorry speaking made Gregg's day. Oh he done now Greg.
Speaker 3: My niece, my niece, Lily graduated yesterday as well. My brother barked at her graduation. It's sweeping the fire situations, Lily by the way, way to go, kid.
Speaker 4: A lot of people in the hearing, Yeah, Greg, so many, so many, many many. I just want to think, oh, oh God, thank you, thank you. And the way the way I found out there couldn't have been a better way.
Speaker 6: Oh no, that was.
Speaker 4: We couldn't designed it any better. I love the detect nation. Rick Burgers saving the world one Adler at the time. That's that's so good. We continue. Welcome to the Rick Burgess Show. Unscreen phone calls. Go ahead, Hey, Greg, I was gonna tell you.
Speaker 19: If you and legally have free time this weekend on Amazon Prime, you can watch the hit movie Pure Country starring George Straight.
Speaker 4: By the way, people keep asking about this, I don't know that I want to watch it, I know, Greg, two emotional things. So they're saying the documentary Untold the Fall of farv Yeah, that hit and tonight I think though tomorrow night it's Turnhart document or tomorrow whenever I can find it. You're gonna watch that? Can you go through it emotionally?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 6: Sure?
Speaker 4: I don't know that. I don't know that I want to see the fall of farv I know that I want to see that.
Speaker 3: I don't think it pizza in a good light.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's gonna be a lot about what he did on the field. Evidently, Sorry, Brett, I'm Bred's come. I mean, you can't hold the old stuffs people forever. They're gonna hit some of the news to I'm interested because it shows him like when he was in high school. And I guess that's pretty sure. But it's people are saying, Rick, don't watch it. I don't think I will. We'll be back.
Speaker 1: Is the Rick Burgess Show. Sure he played a little ball, Rick Burgess.
Speaker 4: Thanks for being with us. On another edition of The Rick Burgess Show. All right, somebody with go one. There's text nation Rick, do not watch it. Hey, it's rough. It's the classic build him up then tear him down. Someone said, because somebody please watch this for Rick. And when they show Brett Farb hunting to see if we can see Rick on a tree stand in the background like we see him in the background with Steve McNair on The Music City Miracle, all right, it could have happened. Okay, So yeah, I don't know Also the NFL I was trying to see. I thought they were going to vote on whether allowing this. You know, they change the rule where you can aid the runner, the tush push, all all this. I thought they were going to make a decision on that yesterday. I haven't seen anything about it, but I do see a story breaking right now that they voted to allow the NFL players to participate in the Olympics if they want to in flag football and flag football. Should we have flag football on the Olympics. I don't think so. Flag football is not a sport. It's really not. It's it's an exhibition. It's a good backyard fun thing. Kids get injured, and the girls, girls, good high school girls. That's fine entry level to football for boys. I think that's great fun for you know, frat rats to do the college campus, you know. All right, So from the tornadoes that have been devastating so many people this time of year, and you know, it's just so much out there. So we've got some footage today in our in our video audios, and this one is this is right up your alley, Speedy, because I know you love the movie Twister. You've made that really really Cleol video eight Adler. So this is when you say Athens. Is this Athens, Georgia or Athens, Alabama?
Speaker 3: Uh, this is Madison County.
Speaker 4: I believe this is Athens, Alabama. Yes it is. Yes, they got so he So here here is tornado footage. This is a storm chaser and speedy. This is right out of Twister. It says that he's going to shoot a censor by an air cannon into the violent vortex of the tornado.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 4: This is this is right off I mean right out of Twister.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and this is actually from that guy read Timmor. We want to give credit where credit's due, and I'm not going to show it full screen, so our broadcast does not act as a substitute for his content. If you want to see what this content really looks like, you have to go to him. We are not a substitute for his contact.
Speaker 4: This is the guy, right, Yeah, No, you're right. This should we even play this well, if.
Speaker 3: We keep it real small as far as I understand, it will be a review the content and not stand as a substitute for the content.
Speaker 4: But you can search and follow him and see it.
Speaker 3: Yes, and I'm a fan of Retimber and I liked him until he really really hurt our channel. He's he'll go after folks, which I understand. He's risking his life to get this tornado content that I understand. You don't want people stealing revenue or money from you, No, of course not. But when we put a video out that is like promoting a charity line on how you can donate, and we didn't monetize our video. It hurts when you come after us for showing four seconds of your footage anyways.
Speaker 4: Wow, okay, now you made me rethink this whole second. Yeah, yeah, I don't want to show it now.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well I thought the air gun was so cool, and then the tornado just like striking up right in front of them.
Speaker 4: There is amazing.
Speaker 3: There's the sensor. They're gonna shoot it.
Speaker 4: And watch this right here you go out it does They're in it? Yeah, they are in that torn Oh something happened to the window.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, that's a ten thousand pound storm chasing vehicle called the Dominator as far as I understand. Wow, and that was read Timber and will Clay the storm chasers, and courtesy of.
Speaker 4: That that footage all that yeah, uh huh So so so there it is.
Speaker 3: But I had a lot of people in the listening audience send us this many many emails.
Speaker 4: This morning of that, of course, and I can see why, Yeah, I want to send that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but that area did get hit pretty good last night. Yeah, in North Alabama.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you know all week they were they were talking in southern Tennessee that that could happen. Okay, some other things that we we can hit that we haven't gotten through so far, and and this is you know, there's a lot of stuff involving you know, what happened with Jake Tapper. I think we've kind of covered that, but the way they're acting on this cancer thing with with Biden is just bizarre. But I think maybe HAKEM. Jeffreyes, we still maybe want to hit that one because we're just this weird world that we're living in, this fake where people I guess they're just banking that we can't think for ourselves or see things that we can plainly see, or no things that we can plainly know, and then they'll just do a reverse on you and suddenly like they're bringing you something while exposing themselves at the same time, just hoping you can't work it out. I don't know, But here he is exploiting the Biden's cancer diagnosis.
Speaker 3: So here we go, and it's just like the stutter move. They just like, you couldn't talk about Biden because of the stutter, Now you can't talk about Biden because of the cancer diagnosis.
Speaker 4: I all strateag you.
Speaker 26: My expectation that President Biden is going to meet this moment with the courage and resilience that he's consistently shown seems to me entirely inappropriate. That at this moment in time, when President Biden is dealing with a serious, an aggressive form of cancer, there are Republicans who are peddling conspiracy theories and want us to look backward at a time when they actually are taking health care away from the American people. No, as House Democrats were going to look forward. They literally are trying to take health care away from millions of Americans at this very moment in the dead of night.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's not accurate either.
Speaker 4: By the way, what is he even talking.
Speaker 5: He just said he just gave you their playbook and that this is the whole reason they did it is the whole cancer thing. Takes away from the dementia, the cognitive issues and all this. You can't talk about that anymore because now he's been diagnosed with cant through.
Speaker 4: That's their whole playbook.
Speaker 3: Yes, and now they're exploiting Biden's cancer to protect themselves.
Speaker 4: Yep, it's and they're just kind of hoping. You can't put it all together. That's what's so weird. And I guess many times if you're saying, well, I don't know, it's it's just a strange place they're in right now. And I'm glad because they don't seem to really being able to figure out why they lost so big. And I hope they continue and that there's some people within their own party that are trying to wake them up, going we have to examine why we lost so bad. We can't keep going down this playbook, and hopefully, for the good of the country, they won't learn it and they'll continue to, you know, to play this game. Also another one I think we can get well, no, I don't think we can. You know, we've all been asking about do you remember when we all got excited about the release of all these documents and we're all just going to be jumping up in and then nothing happened, and like we were supposed to find out about the Kennedy and then it's like nothing happened. We do have Tim Burch is it birch Heet out of We're not gonna play right now. We'd have time at out of Tennessee that it is finally coming out and saying based on what was released, we relied to about it, which's that's not overly surprising. But so we'll play that when we come back, and then we'll get into some other stuff too. Hey, also, don't forget some of you have been asking this question and you've been emailing this to me as well, wanting to know about what is going to be going on with the with the book that is out. A lot of you are said, hey, this thing with Father's Day. Are these things going to make it to us by Father's Day? The answers yes, but I wouldn't delay it. And the sign copy thing is going to be like a Father's Day promotion only so just if you use the links on our website, that's where you get the sign copies, but be sure you see the right link. And then those you keep asking about Audible, Yes, it will be coming to audible. It's just not there yet. Top of the hour.
Speaker 14: This is The Rick Burgess Show, broadcasting from the Real.
Speaker 4: All right, everybody, put your hands together, let's go. Are you ready?
Speaker 3: It's time full The rig Burgess Show. The game's all here. Who's ready?
Speaker 17: America?
Speaker 4: Our number is eight eight eight, the number six Big Fox, same number. You can text text Nation. We covered a lot. If you missed it, catch the daily archives on our podcast and YouTube challenge.
Speaker 15: Are you're ready?
Speaker 3: It's time full The rig Burgess Show.
Speaker 4: Greg, I know you're loving. That sounds a lot like George Strait sounds a whole lot of like. So the hour starts. I mention last hour. Then we'll move on to something else. But we've all been waiting. They released the Hey, they are going to release. What you see on the Assassination of Kennedy will shock you? And then hey, what we release on Aliens from another Planet will shock you not so much? Not so much. But here, here we have Tim Burchett. I hope I'm saying his name right.
Speaker 3: He says it a little quick, Yeah Burchett, Yeah, he says it.
Speaker 4: Quick, Tim Burchett, Tim Burchante, you know him in Tennessee. He is a Republican. So the Tennessee folks are screaming it at their TVs, at their radios. Whatever it may be. He said it. He finally says something about it about the assassination of Kennedy.
Speaker 27: Here we go, Hey, everybody, Tim Burchett returning from a oversight committee. We were talking about the John F. Kennedy President Kennedy's assassination in nineteen sixty three. Just some incredible testimony from uh, the attending physician in the emergency room.
Speaker 18: And the.
Speaker 27: I mean he told us the way the bullets entered, where they came from, and they came from two dead gum different directions, and there were four bullets fired.
Speaker 6: It just it was just incredible.
Speaker 4: Anyway, pick cover up. Of course, when we get to the bottom of it. Probably not the person.
Speaker 27: You always got a patsy, and and it's obviously Lee Harvey Oswald was a patsy. He might have pulled the trigger on one of the bullets, but they don't think on all three. And that would have been a bolt action, which is a man Laker car being it's an Italian car being I got one somewhere. It's was written up and UH magazine one time. It's the only gun that never won a war. Oswald could have walked into a Westernauto and bought an end one with a scope for under fifty bucks. At that time, there's just literally a Westernauto. Everybody chose a mail order Italian carbon.
Speaker 4: The whole thing's just crazy. Wow. So there you go. So he's said second shooter for sure, are multiple shooters, whatever the case may be. That's the party said. We haven't been told the truth though, right, And Oswald was arrested and they just said we'll hold him responsible for all of it, and he probably was part of it. He's just saying he wouldn't the whole thing. So there you go, different directions. Yeah, and there's so many Greg I know I can already and we always want transparency, but at this point, I mean, what we relied to about we're not any under any danger from it. Is anybody all that alarmed? Even the things we see now pandemic, what we see now with this thing with Biden are tell me this is not the first epiphany that the government will hide things and lie to you about stuff. Yeah, I mean, I think we've got back. We kind of know that, don't we. I mean, it's and and if you find out, you're like right now, they say, well, tell you one thing, the Cubans were behind it. No, okay, the mob was behind it? All right? Yeah? Are we going to go around these people up now? And I mean it's uh, I mean, it's interesting, but it doesn't really impact life a whole lot because it's so long ago. I mean, what is it going to really do?
Speaker 5: I think I think just on the fact that the Kennedy family needs closure on it. They need to know how he was killed.
Speaker 4: Do you think they know?
Speaker 5: Though, I don't know who knows, right, I mean, good night? Sure so by And in the American people don't like being lied to. I mean, that's that's tough. But you're right, Rick, I mean, there's not a whole lot we can do about it, but I guess maybe it helps gives us closure on what happened.
Speaker 4: If you're dealing with politicians in a giant central government and you're bothered about being lied to, you better learn to say it up. Yeah they make it right. Yeah, No, it doesn't make it right. I'm just saying it's not shocking. Does anybody They not shocked? But I don't like it. No, I don't like it either, but it's not gonna it ain't gonna stop. So you find out what you can when you can, and you need to learn to discern for yourself because some of it you go, well, I know that's not true, or I know that this is likely the scenario, don't you think Sometimes, even like with this, if you go back and look at it, usually the most logical answer is usually the right answer. There's exceptions, but most of the time, you got all these people want to kill Kennedy. I mean, there was a lot stand in line. The way everything played out, it looks like some of the things that we had before us that they were more than one shooter, and probably they wanted to get the job done. They probably wouldn't have leaned on one guy, you know, and you know, you could have logically probably walked that out. But then everybody kept coming back saying, now, I do I do think Leah Harvey Oswald shot him, but he just apparently maybe wasn't the only one.
Speaker 5: You know, Adler that that video he played, remember that day he ended the show with some just jall dropping video you played about somebody inside thatation, and then we just ended the show and moved on to Trags day that was that was unbelievable.
Speaker 4: That's the one that recording of his dad or somebody else.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, yeah, and it's like, what in the world now, I do think it's And again, everybody involved might not even be here anymore. But if our own government had a part in playing the assassination of a sitting president, that's that's something we ought to know.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, it's a big deal.
Speaker 17: Really.
Speaker 4: Of course, all everybody involved probably not there now. Yeah, that's what you said, that's what. But the c i A and I mean, look what just happened with the fb FBI. Look what look at the attempts on to destroy Trump and destroy his presidency. I mean it's all still going on today. So it probably went on the end too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, in an amazing that all these people were all conspiracy theory and all this, you know, during you know, COVID this, that and the other. Neck comes out that a lot of folks were right, but they would call craz.
Speaker 4: Again, it was logical that it came from the Wuhan lab because that was logical, as John Stewart pointed out, it's on the sign. Yeah. Uh And then the thing we said about she or she or how you say his name, you know, walking around with a Walgreens mask on, even though I'm sure they don't have Walgreens there. Maybe they do, but you know what I mean, just your cheap everyday mask that you would put on, like if you wanted to cut the grass. And he's walking around in the wet market where a worldwide pandemic launched from, and he's the leader of China, Like that's gonna happen. That's not gonna happen. I mean, that's all logical. You'd hey, if I walk in a restaurant, I'm contagious, but if I sit down, I'm not. I mean, come on, man, I mean this stuff was insane.
Speaker 3: And speaking of of all that, the new director of the NIH, doctor Bodicharia, he was he was recently speaking to UH the NI H NIH employees and after suggesting that COVID nineteen may have originated from the Wuhan lab and that the NIH helped fund it, which they did, dozens of NIH staff stormed out saying how could he say that? How could he? How could he say that? And Badacharia responded, well, it's nice to have free speech, everybody. You're welcome, you guys. Will also want to point out that a lot of the people that were leaving had masks on. They were wearing masks.
Speaker 4: Still still so why why would anyone think it's unreasonable looking.
Speaker 6: Caused by research conducted by human beings?
Speaker 3: Here's bob charism.
Speaker 6: Possible that the nih par at least sponsor that research.
Speaker 3: And if that's true, there's people walking out there.
Speaker 6: It's nice to have free speech. Welcome you guys.
Speaker 3: People walking out with masks on.
Speaker 5: Final lass, you walked in that walking it out walking out doesn't make any less true.
Speaker 4: What are he's saying?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 4: You can walk out all you want, but it's still true. I think. I think if you don't think that it got out of the Wuhan lab, that's the unreasonable place to be. Saying it came from the Wuhan lab is the reasonable place to right. You know, understanding that wearing a mask for a virus versus something that is bacteria based doesn't work. The vaccine. I saw how Howie Mandel trying to claim that they never do you see that, trying to claim that they never told us that if we were vaccinated, we wouldn't get it anymore or past it.
Speaker 3: They never said you wouldn't get it. They never said you wouldn't.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, of course they did. Remember give it you don't get it for your neighbor. Yeah, you know why because we remember. Oh, like I told you, I had gotten a disagreement one time with people that I like a lot because they were claiming that Sherry and I didn't love people because we wouldn't get the vaccine.
Speaker 19: I'm like what.
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Wow? So when it got like that, And remember anytime that kind of narrative starts, it's always trouble every time, because that's how you get heard of people to do things that they logically wouldn't do, if you can somehow find an emotional tie to it or scared them. Fear and emotion is always the way that the tyrannical people and governments get people to do things you know you shouldn't do through fear in your emotions. Every time, y'all.
Speaker 3: Remember Tim Walls sending the I believe it was a National Guard or police officers down the streets of the Minneapolis Twin cities with paintball guns, shooting people on their front steps because they had to be locked down. In their home. Ye crazy, And that was a Clifton Carter, by the way, that Cliff that we sent that was the former executive of the DNC, associate of lbj's saying that LBJ knew about it and maybe even hired someone to kill.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we leave.
Speaker 1: That is the Rick Burgess Show. In order to truly benefit from this show, you must have a sense of humor. So like enough, facist and enjoy the Rick Burtis Show.
Speaker 4: That's good, We're back. Thanks for being with us today, America covering all we can. We've kind of run the gamut today. You can catch the archive. How about energy drinks? There you ever Goeta worried a little bit about that part of the Make America Healthy Again campaign. Mike Lindale All has gone all in and has developed an energy drink called Rev seven. Now, this is something that gives you the energy you're looking for, but it doesn't have the stimulants and some of the things that can be negative in some I mean at times I'm not exaggerating, I mean dangerous energy drinks that are out there. We do the stories here, we hear it. Rev seven Energy Drink. You can get it right now at MyPillow dot com slash big vox no stimulants. Uh, it will be You know that what was that that you were telling me about. You were teaching me Adler about the go b HB go b HB. This is all the rage now, yes, yes, and this it's what it's that's that's the power. It's no caffeine, no sugar.
Speaker 3: Right right, there's no sugar spike, there's no caffeine shakes and jitters and all that. It's more of a clean energy.
Speaker 4: So go get yours now my pillow dot com slash big vox for as low as nine ninety nine, saving you thirty percent with the code big vox. Lynde elsa in a little bit of everything. So I've noticed, you know, we talk a lot on the show about our lives and and you know, being husbands and dads and now two of the men on here are granddads and all the all the different aspects of that, and we've all we've all been married for a long time. Speedy, you and Terry yesterday twenty five years had a great dinner together with you and Terry and Hoby and so it went well as been married, the least amount of time. But he's been married a long time. Now, how long have you been married?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 4: This will be nine yeah, and then there you go, Greg, you're thirty five, thirty six years. I'm twenty nine and some change, it'll be thirty this year. So you kind of learn each other pretty well, you know, back and forth. Well, I have been accused of this. I don't know, man, I've been doing this show a long time, doing radio a long time. This show, for you know, almost one hundred shows on Friday, you know, spent thirty one years on the Rick and Bubba Show, and then you know, the Morning Extravaganza before that, and of course they all request show you'll might remember that, and of course even on the air on AM thirteen ninety. Over forty years, I've been at this and Cherry says that I have a tendency to rant. Have y'all noticed this?
Speaker 6: Ran?
Speaker 4: That I will get on rants if you don't. Have y'all noticed this? And so you got to find Yeah, I just I don't know. And so so she's developed this new defense mechanism. If she feels that a rant is coming, and she's she's established the phrase, She's established the phrase hush it hush it. Hu'sh it, hush it, like, don't don't get going these building hush and can we do that? No, no, only my wife can say hush it, uhlh it. So, so you ever had this, you know, middle of the night. You know, I'm old enough now that I'm gonna go to the bathroom at least once in the middle of the night, probably twice, yeah, okay, and but definitely once. And I drink a lot of water. You know, we drink I drink water for five hours and then continue to really drink it a lot throughout the day. So usually when I'm going to bed, there's a lot of liquid's got to go somewhere. And and then you and then you get into the you know, if you're on any kind of cholesterol medicine or anything like that, those tend to be there. They're like they have a little diretic uh angle to them as well. So I guess Sherry thought I was getting up for the day. I guess it was like one o'clock in the morning, and I was getting up to go to the bathroom. So when I come back, my pillow's gone, and it is in my pillow lit room, and so it's dark, so I'm trying to dell. I couldn't find it. So I'm trying to find it. Well, now I'm half awake, half asleep. So according to Sherry, I don't know it's true or not. She says that when I'm sleepy, that I that I that I tend to be ill. I don't know where that came from. And and so she goes, oh, and God forbid that you be ill and sleepy, you know, sleepy and hungry. She goes, it's here impossible and and so so I'm now half awake, half asleep, and I don't like it. I can't find my pillow. Now's you just went to the bathroom. It's dark in there, and my pillow's gone, And can you give me somewhere around the time, maybe one one o'clock, one one fifteen, somewhere there. And I start going, where's my pillow? Where's my pillow? She said, kind of angrily. Uh, And I'm like, where's my pillow? You got my pillow? Who's got my pillow? As if there's another just there's another option, and uh, Mike, Linda goes, I got it, And all of a sudden, it's big. Can all of a sudden, from from the from the darkness on the other side of the bed. Because I can't see her, I start hearing, hush it. And then I've got your pillow. I'm giving it back to you. Where you're going to be grabbing somebody's pill trying to and that and that's and that's the middle of the night. Now get my pillow out you You can't grab somebody.
Speaker 15: And uh and.
Speaker 4: So I don't know why she grabbed it. I don't know she I can only walk now that I'm awakening. I wanted to snuggle with the pillow, and what she's already got to him yours. But I think head so I think what happened was she thought. I mean, now that I'm awake and I can reason, I think she probably just got confused and thought he's up for the day, he's going to work, so now I can come into his pillow too, And maybe so, But apparently I was. I was ill about it because I got out of the darkness a hush it. But at one time it's completely middle tonight and all you hear in our room is to get somebody, I mean grabbed. Somebody's grabbed. Somebody's grab somebody's pillow, can't grab it, and I think she thinks that hush it pushes it back. Yeah, it's like you remember when Mama, when you were a little bit of a smarter when you were put the words, and my mom would take her hand and try to put those smarter words back in your mouth, you know, with a little pop on your little front lips back in your mouth. I put their arms so long. How did she reach all the way back there? And I don't know. It's it's almost like they had some sort of ability to dislodge their shoulder joint and make their arm und. I don't know how they did it. I thought, I did you know whay Mama could have No way Mama could have pushed those smart mouth words back.
Speaker 6: In my own?
Speaker 4: How did you do that? And still driving? Yeah? So so anyway, when I get home, I will tell Sherry I was sleepy and you know, didn't know what was going on. I realized now you probably thought I was up for the day. Just a common mistake. I've never heard you ran around here, But let's say you were to do it one day. What could we say if we see one coming, Y ain't gonna let y'all just yell hush it at me?
Speaker 3: What about all right?
Speaker 4: Okay, they did, don't do.
Speaker 3: Don't do it when people start making bald jokes meaning you can yell hush it and we all say short jokes to.
Speaker 4: Me, Are we gonna do it? Are we gonna a dupt that here?
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. It's like you plunge at the cool table.
Speaker 4: Right, thanks for being with us today, America from Taxtonation. I thought you guys already had op loopa. Now that that that's a misuse of oopalopa. You can't stop a rant with oop loopa. Oopa loopah is when somebody's saying something that you thought, hey, let's keep that down home. We don't need to share that opa. We don't share that. That's a little bit different. You'd hate to use it for another reason. Then that would cause confusion. Oop loopa needs to stay in its pure form, and that is when someone is saying something that you don't want them to say in front of someone else. Thought we thought we'd agreed to keep that on the download, right, that's what.
Speaker 3: That is, emails roll and then but we ain't turning back here, he goes in the house. We're turning in it loud. The Rick Burgess Show was the answer slow email stack time, but we're rolling about.
Speaker 4: Bergs on the mic, no time control.
Speaker 3: We're answering them all. Hey, hey, what's the word today?
Speaker 4: Big flocks in the studio or here? So this is from Josh, Hey Bird, Hey Burge. If you want to email, go to Rickburgersshow dot com.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 4: You can see the option there. If it look where it says the team, you'll see all of our pictures. You can see how to follow each individual member of the team on Instagram, on x or to email us. And if you're emailing me and you want it to be considered for air, Hey Bird, Hey Birge, I found myself. And this is from Josh imagining Greg's worst case scenario today, and I believe it would be an assembly of some sort where a child prodigy played their instrument weirdly well for their age along with the military band, while accommodation of puppets and cartoon characters interacted with them on a screen with a pithy dialogue. Conversation would have to include a claim that an item on the stage was the oldest known example of that item. So Greg could question the authenticity of that claim. The dialogue would go on long enough that Speedy's secondhand embarrassment would kick in to a very deep level. But while Speedy would want to evaluate the area, Greg would just get more and more angered by the spectacle itself. The song they would sing would be one of George Strait's well known hits, and George would come in for the second verse, stand so still that it would only reinforce Greg's point of him being mistaken as a statue at his concert. I fear this would be so overwhelming. The only thing that would save Greg from absolutely losing it in this situation would be an unexpected bag of dot days slightly over roasted peanuts. Listen, I to whoever whoever came up with that right there? I know that's that's Josh. That's the president. Josh. Yeah, it's not Josh. And I can't just deny any of it. I mean, he's on. Have you checked on Don Dade to see is he coming today?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 4: You know, he said back, but he hasn't been. He hasn't been to the Wednesday Bibble study in yeah weeks. Yeah, oh yeah, he don't have to make peanuts no more.
Speaker 8: Have you just to do that?
Speaker 4: Are you feeling better to come here and joy? Have you checked on him? I don't know how to check on. Do you want me to send him? Send you his contact, and you at least be at show some gratitude. You did that last year you gave him, Yes, I did. No, Yeah, because you had this one day when you may just stand where you do not care about doing stuff. Rick, give me your stuff. He needs to worry about healing, not worry about peanuts. Thank you, Greg. You almost sounded like you meant that I did. Hey bird, Hey bird, ran This is from Wesley. Hey bird, stay with me. This is not that long, Wesley. I can handle this one. The one before you was actually longer. I got a good story about a friend of mine that reminds me of y'all no nonsense old school guy. He was a charter bus driver for a local bus company. He traveled all over the country. As he got older, he slowed down a little bit and started driving locally. He would go to a so called bus stop, pick up some of the local people, take them to the chicken plant to work, kind of like a school bus. One day he had some routy passengers. They were smoking on the bus. He pulls the bus over and says, I'm going to have to ask y'all to put out the cigarettes or get off the bus. Watch it. They said, we ain't getting off the bus, but we will put yo fat blank off the bush. About that, He simply, then, being old school, reached under the seat and produced his nine millimeter and said, oh, yeah, eleven of y'all are getting off. Needless to say, they dump their cigarettes out and never cost any more trouble. Wow about that, Now that's old school. Yeah, Greg, No, don't do that. What I saw you put your meter up like you weren't sure that was a straight up story. Nont belve you don't believe it. I believe it.
Speaker 3: Where's your meter at? Greg? Show us visually?
Speaker 4: Where's the show where? So you're not completely So that's a true story. No, seventy five percent not true? Is what I just saw the meter? I did to seventy true? Oh seventy five So where I had the meterback roun I'm looking at the wrong way you have to be looking at from his point of view.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Greg, No, you're you're you're you're reading the meter wrong.
Speaker 4: Yeah you are, buddy. If if it's pegging over here, that's normally your meter of where's the is this lie over here? And then this is not a lie? No, that's that's zero.
Speaker 6: What do you do with it?
Speaker 4: That's no concern? No, look where you are looking? Okay?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 4: I got you, Greg.
Speaker 3: We've been reading the meter wrong this whole time.
Speaker 4: This whole time. My goodness, it was just like barely. You don't know how to read meters, and that thing like this is.
Speaker 3: This is all the way up? Is what I thought like a speed omitter.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if I'm looking at it, if it's not, if it's not, if it's not a Southern Company meter, he can't read it. Oh yeah, did you read meters? Do you ever have to do that?
Speaker 22: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Well you did? You have a run at horble? I hated that job. Did you hate reading? How luckily it wasn't long you had to build over you know, your seniority for you got to move into the How long did you meet to read? I don't remember about a couple of years, bro, whoa really and hated it? Yeah? A lot of dogs, dogs people, They just told me some stories about that. Well, now do you know how people feel, and they don't like your dogs. I know by the way you do. You what do your dogs do? Do they bring you anything?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 4: Nothing? Okay, mister buddy. Does I like him? Do you you enjoy that? Do you enjoy that dog? Yeah? Okay, he's a good companion and he'll get after people if they come up. Lets me know that they're Are you and speedy? Okay? After more storms last night, Franklin.
Speaker 3: And thanks to y'all, I was ready for it. So I had got Franklin drugged up. I had a and going and I ran the dryer and it was well, I did have clothes in it, and it was just an empty dryer.
Speaker 4: Yeah you go. Okay. Did Franklin get through?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you have no no problems on it.
Speaker 4: Did y'all have a bunch of lightning thunder over there?
Speaker 3: I didn't have any issues.
Speaker 4: I never woke up. I didn't. I got about well, Lisa woke me up miss weather watcher at about eleven thirty because we were in the Polygon. Well we actually weren't, we were just outside of it. Yeah. And he finally made the statement, he said, Jacksville, if if you're in Jacksonville, you're fine, and I said, going back to bed. It was it a little too late for you? Then there arue were you over at that point? I didn't go back as much as I'd like to now, and Lisa said, it speedy.
Speaker 5: Your dog Jack, he just went I just he's going he's going outside. That she's going outside. He's going outside. In about ten thirty, I guess, is when it was thundering and lightning enough to wake us up.
Speaker 6: But it was fine.
Speaker 4: It wasn't anything intense. Did you lose sleep at all? Just a little, about fifteen minutes. That's not bad. Both of our dogs were under Lesa's car in the garage, so that ain't bad. Don't bother me. Hey bird, Hey birds, this is from Wyatt. That's hilarious.
Speaker 2: Greg.
Speaker 4: I'm reading your book right now and I love every page of it. Your father is someone that I wish I could meet and have coffee with, just one time to hear some of those legendary quotes. He yes, he did. As I was reading, I started wondering if your dad was as stoic as a kid as he was as an adult, or if he morphed into the most manly man of all time. As he got older, did he give some of those legendary quotes to kids in high school or did he develop such wisdom on his own. Thank you, and I mean long you know later in life. Thank you, And I love listening to your show. And I'm encouraged by the faith you guys have shared on many mornings. Well, thank you. As a kid, he was he was a bit of a From what we can gather, he was wild. I don't mean like in a sinful way. I mean just rowdy, like for the pictures that have been painted by our grandmother. Uh and our grandfather was basically kind of like a little kid with no shoes on, hunting and fishing and staying in the woods from the time he got up from the time with the bed, bringing various animals in, yeah, killing various animals really uh yeah. Like he was a just like a I mean a kid that was on the move. Yeah, and seemed to be a bit of a little bit of a handle. It seemed like he got a letter one time. I think it's after he had his heart surgery and all that, and it was his cousin who was younger than them, talking about how he looked up to him. And I think one of his examples where he jumped into the creek and killed a cotton mouth with a hammer. Yes, stuff like that.
Speaker 6: He was.
Speaker 4: He was every bit as tough and rowdy as a boy as he was as a man.
Speaker 13: He was.
Speaker 4: He was fearless, completely fearless, and as far as the wisdom, no, those he dropped those quotes on us in high school and high school players too. It didn't. It wasn't later in college. He had those quotes as long as I could remember. It made the one Greg and I got to laugh, and I guess what we were doing on a mom's car the other day. We got to laughing at the little things he would say to us. And we were little boys, Okay. At one time he asked us to help him move his boat. Yeah, tell them that one. We had to pick it up on each hand. I think me and you were on one side and he was on the other. And of course I was a little bitty kid. I couldn't. I was doing the best I could. We finally got on it. He goes, that's good. That's a good boy. Now, Greg, he's getting waiting room. Good job, guys getting no Greg good. I was really fall almost. I mean I lost it, almost missed the.
Speaker 3: Whole thing, the whole thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I didn't help Greg want me to kill me, But no he was, Uh he was. Those quotes were around, you know, as long as we knew it from thements. His kids used the son as his players. Yes, we heard them all, we heard them repeat, and they never got old. He told him, just as bashing as he did the first time. He said, Yes he did. We'll be back. It's fifteen minutes to the top of the hour. You got the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Shows.
Speaker 4: Here we go, thank you for being with us, America. What a day, What a day, what a day, having a blast. And we'll try to get some of your more of your phone calls in before we're done. As we move forward. This is funny, by the way, this is from a mom. Well, I have all my boys listening to the show show. They're three, six, and eight. The rich and argument is them arguing amongst themselves over which one of them is the bird. They're all claiming to be the bird. And I haven't told them yet because I think they might take away that bird is just short for your name. I'm hoping the argument comes up in public, so everyone knows we're pro common sense. But right now her three boys are all claiming to be the bird, the bird, I'm the birge, I'm the bird. Hey birds, hey bird, let's uh, let's hit a couple of other things. You got to get that on a tag. I bet you that's available bird. You know vanity time. I know how you are with those you love them. I'm so upset about the way we get taxed on tags. In no way, birds, I won't pay one cent more, not a cent. Speaking of this, are y'all getting this weird thing? I shouldn't bring it up? Yeah, I know what you're gonna say. I got one. Should I bring it up?
Speaker 16: No?
Speaker 4: I don't know the way you're going to. But you don't even know how to explain it. Well, I kind of do because I talked, Yes, I talked to Big Time I talked to Big Time Rush yesterday. Yeah, that's it. And so uh, never mind because you filed jointly as it made out to both of you. Yeah, same with men. So uh, and it's claiming something that didn't happen.
Speaker 1: I know it's weird.
Speaker 4: Were vague. Yeah, anyway, let's leave it alone. Look how much great cares. Let's just leave let'sten Hey, let's let it lie. I don't care it. Optimus spots from Tesla. I fear them. I think one day they'll take over the world. But today they may have won me over. Okay. I don't know if Adlert's dad wrote a song about it. Comedians have talked about it. Men and circles everywhere have always talked about it. I don't know. I don't see it in the Book of Genesis, in the in the original creation of man and woman, it's not there. Somewhere along the way, women think that all men were signed taking the trash out. I don't know where this came from. I don't know what happened. I don't know how that got put on us. But it is yeah, clearly, uh except so here is an Optimus spot learning how to take out the trash this now?
Speaker 6: Is this?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's how they get I know. I bring them in there, they're their friend them. They're taking some burden off of me. Next thing you know, they're choking me in my sleep.
Speaker 3: Give me batteries, feed me our brains and batteries.
Speaker 4: You scared of the Optimist spot.
Speaker 3: I am, yeah, picking up the trash.
Speaker 4: That looks like a person it is putting the trash out. Didn't here, it is a full trash. The same bunch did it went nuts on the other week.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 4: That was in China.
Speaker 3: That was this is tesla.
Speaker 4: That was in China.
Speaker 3: They're not the outside.
Speaker 4: Where'd you get China's for that? Just think it's a China. Well it looks just like you mean you, Greg, This will say Chinese people. That's what I said. Hey, what's all there a couple of China's in there. Garyonare I'm just saying that's the same bunchet went crazy themfus robots. You gotta watch it. You've seen that when the China and one person with a mullet in there, there's a white guy.
Speaker 3: There was a white guy.
Speaker 4: He was great. He was in clean, Greg. Greg. When you get when you have to get to this kind of brilliance, you ain't gonna find a lot of white folks. That's true. Okay, let's just call it no no. When it comes to kind of stuff, the Asians rule. The Asians are great, and man, let's call them that, Greg, Not China's.
Speaker 3: They can open cabinets.
Speaker 4: I mean, I know my own cabin What about the trash. I'm interested in what they're doing with the trash, but I know, like you said, greg Rick, don't let them in that creepiness they watch. They're raking up some crumbs. Are they cooking? That's a personal story. I'm sorry that China.
Speaker 3: Were they doing dishes? Yes? Yes, So what what they're doing is they're training the menial task. They're training these robots by literally, you know what, we can watch something on YouTube and learn how to do it. They are showing these bots YouTube in order to learn things, guys, and all these tasks are done by a single neural net.
Speaker 4: Scary. But if I see one learn the crush a wrench and the Philip screw driver, I'm out of work.
Speaker 3: Trash one though, this trash one put.
Speaker 4: The trash in there attempting to get the well, he's not really handling that real way. You're making a mess. You're missing one.
Speaker 3: They're like a baby.
Speaker 4: And I'm the only one that can't get rid of the last line when you're scooping with the Yes, I always take that last line and just wreke it around. Yeah, opportunity. It's tiny, wreck it around. I'll go and I'm impatient with it. I'll probably go a little quick, so you said. Elon Musk weighs in on this.
Speaker 8: He does.
Speaker 3: He talks about who, He talks about Tesla's ability to make them and the demand that he expects for.
Speaker 4: What's that lizard.
Speaker 16: The only company or the ingredients for making intelligent humanoid robots.
Speaker 4: At scale is Tesla. This is a super big deal.
Speaker 16: Like, my prediction is that on this front is that Optimist will be the biggest product of old time by far. Nothing will even be close.
Speaker 4: It'll be.
Speaker 16: I think it'll be ten times bigger than the next biggest product ever made.
Speaker 4: Guy, he's confident on these options robots. Great? What if he was I didn't and he took it all. Yes, I think he's a lizard, a lizard.
Speaker 3: I wasn't convinced I wanted one of these until I saw the trash thing. Guys, and it really hit me last night. Like I've always envisioned myself in my old age, like just me and my wife in our home. But do I need to start envisioning me my wife and a robot in our home?
Speaker 4: No, give us some prophecy. Carl, Yeah, what are you doing in there? And why have you locked the door? I'll rip it from its hinges. That's my woman backbubs again. She belongs to me. You gotta watch it. What hold on?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 4: What if he said, I got Franklin, don't worry you. I love you coming.
Speaker 3: This is my robot's name, Carl.
Speaker 4: I lost Franklin.
Speaker 3: I'm bigger than you, little man.
Speaker 4: They are strong, y'all, and they are big. I'm scared of them. No, they're trouble. They're trouble. They got one if one, look, I took care of Melly. Mm hmm. There's advantages. Hush ship, Oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh hush, hush ship. I don't know what you said.
Speaker 4: They're learning to talk the robot. The robot doesn't have to put space in yet, right, They just that though phrases that like crazy and so this isn't good. Okay, we're gonna look up and they're all gonna be marching down the street. I always saw that movie Scary, And they're gonna bear off to every door. Here they come tagging over.
Speaker 3: You know, when their eyes turned red that we don't want I don't want it.
Speaker 4: When they start looking like they're just people with face shields on. That's when you got trouble and they're getting there.
Speaker 5: Your clothes give them all like Gary Rick.
Speaker 3: Hey, you need to hush it.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 4: Listen up, you know like you gotta find.
Speaker 1: Broadcasting from the world The Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 4: Thank you for being here in America. Brandy Iwer and we're glad you're here and likes to cover including your phone calls. We will drop that. We'll see what's going on with you this hour at eight eight eight the number.
Speaker 3: Six Big Box.
Speaker 4: Our website Rittmurgersshow dot com. It's the show live or archive. All the options are there for you. We thank you for being here where the gang is all here Speedy, Greg and Handler and we got a couple of number of stories still to go if you missed in the show, Like I told you, Kitchen on the archive, I know the Golden Dome. If you're looking at headlines and things going on, that's a biggie.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 4: Just by looking at it, I kind of figured out and my assumption would be right that this is our version. I guess we're talking about of the Iron Dome that Israel uses, and we've assisted them with that. As a matter of fact, we actually played a role in raising money for that back on the Rick and Bubba Show, having on people that were raising money when they were trying to put that together. Uh and so Pete is it? Heg Seth as he says, yep, I'm always that name always pauses me for just a minute. Huh, saying that that it's going to be the next generation, a game changer, came changer for the American citizens, for the homeland, that we're going to start working on a construction of a golden dome missile defense system that will protect us from people shooting missiles in here on us. Really golden dome, golden defense system. You ready for the cost on that one?
Speaker 17: You got?
Speaker 4: You ready? The President announced the one Big, Beautiful budget being discussed in Congress will include twenty five billion and initial funding for the project twenty five bill a renos.
Speaker 3: Do you want the White House studio about it?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 4: Maybe it tries a bronze thome. Yeah, so he says he. Now, this is what I don't get, is it? Says but he, which he expects will cost one hundred and seventy five billion, overall, so initial funding twenty five bill, final invoice one hundred and seventy five bill. A renos it's kind of important, well it is, of course we're in debt, right Well, I mean, hopefully we can cut other waistful spinning and don't we get missiled a lot from other countries of these these are one of these things where you don't want it until you need it, and you right, well, why do we have it?
Speaker 3: Fire extinguisher type scenario?
Speaker 4: So how many countries do we have that can launch missiles long enough to hit us? In Russia and China? Pretty bigth carea I cbm s they claim? Sure, yeah, but I'm just a pretty big just having a hard conversation about about you know, you asked, suddenly do you know those you heard of China and Russia?
Speaker 2: I have?
Speaker 4: Okay, they haven't shot anything at us, not yet. They haven't. Of course if they do, we just shoot back and we all die. Right, Well, how about they shoot at us, we don't die? Maybe? How about how about us we're getting ready to protect ourselves. We completely collapses in economy we have and it doesn't matter anyway. Yeah, so we've been hitting with that bomb, right, and everything costs so much and none of us can to afford it, and we're starving. We're like, somebody missile us to put us out of misery. No, I'm just I'm just saying Devil's advocate, That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 5: But no, when you think about you fishing down at the farm, you know they're pulling the one ends.
Speaker 4: Do you hear about what happened? What happened? Wow, they shot one as dom got it though, right, I mean, no doubt that would be a good feeling. I just wish the don wouldn't hundred seventy five billion. Yes, now we.
Speaker 5: Stop, let's let's start giving that to illegals and let's put it towards them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I will. I wish. I wish that we were a little bit. I just I just wish we would do better as a country on our spending. I'd like, say, just do better. Well, yeah I don't. This is not wasteful spending, probably not the area to cut, right. Well, what I'm saying is we got to cut somewhere. We do, And so I'm like, I'm for prioritizing all about it, but we can't do this and everything else. Yeah, hunting trans mice in Peru. Let's cut that trans I'll tell you one thing I'd go to. I'd go to the lizard Man and I would say, bring me back the savings from the from the doge bunch. Y'all go out and go find all the waste like you're finding. Now, bring me one hundred and seventy five billion worth of waist and then let's do the dome with that money. All right? Do you want to sit here? Do you want to? Not really? But but no I won't.
Speaker 5: You'd have to sit through it. Okay, And I'm looking at you while this happened, right, you know, you know my news fuse is short, but I will we cover it so well.
Speaker 4: I know we're on top of it, fair and balance. I'm just gonna casually mention going by that president here, maybe you hear something in there to protect their homeland. You want to hear it, not the whole thing. Probably, as we're making.
Speaker 28: Historic announcement about the Golden Dome Missile Defense Shield, we will truly be completing the job that President Reagan started forty years ago and threat to the American homeland.
Speaker 4: The One Big, Beautiful Bill will.
Speaker 28: Include twenty five billion dollars for the Golden.
Speaker 3: Dog generational investment and security.
Speaker 4: Of America, and America is a bold aggressive All right, we're good.
Speaker 3: Why is the music so loud? You can't mix bad at audio with the too loud of a bed?
Speaker 4: My goodness, So paying his hair is already turning gray excess. I would like to see it. Would you call it? Heggspeth? Okay, what's his name is? But he already trying to be sharp like that lady with the street and.
Speaker 3: Maybe from her trauma in the war. She doesn't diet.
Speaker 5: Maybe here's what I'm thinking her name is. He was on Fox and Friends and he was an anchor in probably colored his hair, and now he stopped.
Speaker 4: Just wondering. Lot of stress, I said, Man, jumped him quick, Greg, And now let me tell you go into that world. It will stress down. And I want y'all know that I'm struggling with. I want Tuberville to run for governor state centered.
Speaker 3: So I just that's over here, that clip coming too social media hopefully today.
Speaker 4: Okay, talking with tubs about it. Uh, let me here's here's what I'm also concerned to be. We we do the big beautiful bill Okay, uh, we get we get the funding for the dome. Certainly understand makes a lot of sense to to not being the to leave the world of if y'all shoot at us, we're going to. I respect that opinion. I mean that truth is not in how do you test that though? But the way our elections are and I'm glad there every four years, but sometimes when you got something going, I mean, four years is not a long time show. And then the Democrats you're gonna find some way to win. They're just gonna trash whole thing. It's gonna be wasting. That's fact. That's the fact, because we just we can't get it. And the Americans, you know what, we'll swing from one way or the other. We will. We'll claim me like what we can't quite seem to do those minor adjustments we say one I'm shutting the dome down. We'll hear that you're right wasting dome this and then we'll go back to that we could. We'll all be at peace by making everybody like us. And that's worked so well. Yeah us, you know what I'm saying, But how about winded everything? You know what I'm saying? You got it? But but I understand hashpath. But no, if you're gonna get me to spend money, I'd rather spend money on defense. And yeah that's high priority.
Speaker 3: Yeah it is, Yes, defense, not needless wars, not you know, lining every everybody else pockets. Not I like get three estimates, not feeding up, yes, not feeding the military industrial complexant go to it.
Speaker 7: Not that.
Speaker 4: I would like to see three estimates.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 4: Speak baby speak, spitting.
Speaker 23: America sleeps well every night, you just knowing these four men are on the air.
Speaker 4: The Rick Show. Thanks for being with us today, America. A lot to do going forward on the program. Before we even done, we will get to some of your phone calls coming up, so make a note of that. Probably do it next segment if you want to get out on some unscreened phone calls.
Speaker 20: Uh.
Speaker 4: If you're out there, you've probably been paying attention, you know. The we're hitting our one under a day mark of the Rick Burgers Show, Lord Willing on Friday. Okay, and look, it has been a wild early run here in the first one hundred days, you know, getting on our feet, celebrating what we did for thirty one years on the Rick and Bubba's show, starting something that is new but still enough of the old, but also a lot of the new. And we have had a blast, we really have, and we're continuing to have a great time and loving what we did in the past, but excited about what we're doing now and excited about the future. And as you're noticing it's really started that well, we can really feel the momentum picking up and you can hear, you know, new sponsors being added, new marketing opportunities, new products, new new new shows, the new podcasts, all of this. If you want to be part of that. If you're out there thinking to yourself, man, I think I would love them, I'm sold on this now. I was you know a lot of you. I love when you say, you know, I wasn't sure this was going to go. But not only am I enjoying it as much as what you guys have done in the past. In many ways, I'm even enjoying it more, And thank you for that. So if you're out there and you say I'd like to get a marketing plan with you guys, maybe it's nationally. If it's nationally, then you just go to Rick burgesshow dot com. Or if you want to, you know, under contact or if you just want to email Syndicated Solutions directly, you can Rick Burgess Show at Syndicated Solutions dot com. But that is on the website and you can talk to them about I want to do a national campaign with you guys, and they'll talk to you about all that works. And we even combine, you know, with a travel show that we work with to the carries and we kind of combined the two to cover the entire country. So that's one thing you can do. And if you need anything on the local affiliates, you can always contact us and we'll get you with the sales folks there too. So find all that at Rick burgesshow dot com and put us to work for you. And we're thankful for those that have been with us for a while and all the new ones that are coming on. It's exciting. Okay. One thing, how many of you love when you get a heads up from people who know you know it. Heads up from people who may not know not doesn't hold as much water. But when you go, now, what this person says, I'm putting a lot of weight in because they know what they're talking about. If I told you that an air traffic controller is saying, there's one place I'd never fly to. Would you go listen, I'm gonna take a note on that one. It's got me. So I'm like, Okay, I'm going to New York at the end of June to see my son and daughter in law, Sherry and I are going and I'm gonna look, I hope we're not. I don't think we're going enter out of this airport. But here is a thirty nine year old controller who works for another airport, and so they get they're responsible for doing the traffic coming in and out of this airport as well. Yeah, Newark, do don't go. You stay away from Newark. That's the one. That's that's the one. And you know they're reducing the flights there. Now, I wonder if this has something to do with it. They're reducing the number of flights they have there in Newark. This anonymous air traffic controller says she will never fly out of Newark Liberty International Airport says the ongoing operation issues may soon cause dire crashers.
Speaker 8: Hee.
Speaker 4: You know, Hobi flies a lot, and he was mentioning something about that. She said their system blacks out often. It has been blacked out for as much as ninety seconds, with planes getting no instruction and no way to monitor them. That actually happened to Hobi one probably did. I knew hob he would find his way in this conversation. Since Speedy started talking, She estimates there have been at least a dozen technological malfunctions within the last ten months, including a radio outage that occurred Tuesday. So you know, I heard them talking about some of this, not this particular one, but you know, outdated equipment stuff. Hey, listen, I think we ought to make out a priority. Maybe dipping some dumb yeah from something. Let's get this all this updated. That's pretty important. Here's what she wrote in an essay to The Times to let everybody know anonymously. Do I think it's safe to fly from or to the airport? Let me put it like this. I deliberately avoid it when booking flights, even if the alternatives are more expensive and less convenient. I ain't going in and out of there, and I know.
Speaker 17: Not to.
Speaker 4: All of us. Do not go in and out of Newark. Nope, we all went in and out of it back, Yes we did. And I have been in and out of it. But I mean literally, I'm having to fight go into my email right now and pulling up my flights to New York at the end of June. I'm doing that direct flight out of Birmingham. By the way, I was thrilled when Birmingham got a direct flight to New York and went back to that. Yeah, so I don't think that would be going there. I think that's probably the Guardia Legwardian Are you flying out of La Guardia?
Speaker 3: This is from PBS. Air Traffic controllers at Newark. Newark Airport again lost contact with planes on Monday. According to the FAA. It's it's the fourth such incident at that airport in less than a month.
Speaker 4: Good no wow.
Speaker 3: A guy, a guy on MSNBC is being interviewed and he says, oh, it's it's Secretary Sean Duffy. He says, as we work to address the telecom issues at Newark left to us by the last administration, will be taking steps to reduce the number of flights in the airport in the short term.
Speaker 4: I knew they were cutting in flights. I saw it, and there's a reason why anybody right now, after these warnings and the things we just said, would you still fly into Newark today? And to say, I would say, odds, you may have to. Why do I got to get up there? You've got to get up there because you've got to get to a wedding. Oh, it's Jac's wedding. It's Jac's wedding, and that's the only airport. Yeah, if you're going to get there on time, Yeah, I guess I am. Yeah, you have to yea all the way that cross your fingers. Don't know why he is getting married in New Jersey to.
Speaker 3: More questions about it, it's really close to the airport.
Speaker 4: This is a somebody, somebody he met when the you know, the bank he's working for now, it's not here. They meet when they go on conventions and things like that. They're communicating with the whole group. She's got family, she's got family, and that's what they want to ask. Where are you going? That's what happened. Thank you for learning mother's dreass You've got me there. Literally you got to go and that's only And then the person you're talking to them, you're trying to get it booked, and they said, we can get you there and plenty of time and there'll be no stress. But you got to go into Newark, and I gotta take mister Chan with me. You got to take mister Chan. Who're allowing time for you and you to settle. You gotta have time to settle. Oh, I cannot stand not to have time to settle. We know that spinning hour even settled. We went to be on ESPN this week and it.
Speaker 2: Was a warm room.
Speaker 4: We thought it was. We did find a shady breezy area. We did.
Speaker 5: Is there's something about the shade in the breeze on a hot savior. Well together, you can walk ten feet to the left, be in the sun and miserable. Yeah, we found we found the hilaria.
Speaker 3: I'll stand in the shadow of a power pole, like with my arms by my side. If that's what it takes to be in the shade, my goodness, I can't. You gotta be in the shape.
Speaker 5: The volunteers at the region's Tradition Celebrity program are all scattered out all over the course and they sit and and like a lot of them are at driving distance, so if you hit a ball in the rough or whatever, they can let you know, hey, it's here or whatever. We came up on some and it was towards the end of the day and they were sitting in a chair under a tree and it was shady in the in the breeze because.
Speaker 4: There was a storm rolling in. And I looked at them. I said, how are you a right now? How are you awake? And they're like, it's it's rough because I mean, you know the gallery, everything had slowed down. It was towards the end of the day. How do you how you awake? Well, I got to make sure everything goes Why come up on me, I'll be up.
Speaker 3: Where's my ball go?
Speaker 4: It's getting Uh, it's getting humid where we are now, which is now we get a break on Friday. It's gonna go back and be nice one day. It's gonna be your day. Yeah, that's hot. Uh, well he's doing I was doing a little bit better yesterday. We're training to shine and there's outside and he loves outside. I did yesterday, and I did all my stuff, was set up in the shade of a true and sure walked out, and of course the other man had a little son on. It took was like, you want to switch me easy? I got this Matt, Matt hot to touch. Let's see if she knows, Yeah, don't don't. Hey, Jesus, sweaty mass. When it's over, you're like doing Okay, Big Papa needs this shade. You don't know how much she's she's young, or she's smaller, she's five. She ever mentioned I offered about three quarters away through the work, I said, hey, you want to switch my masts? Three quarters? So what meant?
Speaker 13: I ask?
Speaker 20: So?
Speaker 3: Men don't run in the rain, but men do stand in the shade. That okay good because we've been working hard, because we've learned our family.
Speaker 4: Remember, you get rest if you earned it.
Speaker 15: Right.
Speaker 4: We're going to come back and take unscreen phone calls. Here we go America. Right after this.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. Don't forget the Wednesday Bible Study today at noon Central Time on the Rick Burgers Show YouTube channel.
Speaker 4: Here we go today we continue on the Wednesday Bible Study Joe fourteen today. Can you miss it on the live opportunity to catch the archive later today on the YouTube channel or the podcast channel if you so desire. So the phones we go on screen phone calls. All ten lines available. Here's the number A day eight six Big Fox eight eight eight six two four four eight, six nine, And if you dial it right now, you'll get in all phones ringing. So when when you hear ringing, that just means okay, they see me. I'm on the board.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 4: And we'll get to you as quick as we can, and we'll screen those babies on the fly. Hello, you're on the Rick Burgess Show. Unscreened phone calls are underway and you are first.
Speaker 17: Let's go, Hey is chucking Cincinnati? Hi, Chuck, I come in. Hey, guys, I call it into to defend Greg. I know he gets a lot of flag for his Tim Tebow impersonation.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes he does.
Speaker 17: I listened to Tim Tebow the other day on the Sean Ryan Show and it was a super serious subject. I'm not making little late make.
Speaker 4: It light, oh yes, very serious. Shadow show him.
Speaker 17: Did not sound like normal Tim. Tim had a deeper voice I saw. I meant maybe maybe, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it could be that that he would get hyped, you know, when he was getting fired in for a game. But boy, the stuff he's doing now is so difficult and important. Maybe it's now given him kind of a little different approach.
Speaker 17: Maybe it must be, because otherwise I don't want to I'm want to give Greg all the credit, but it may have got you know, who knows. You never know.
Speaker 3: It's a different tone.
Speaker 4: We'll take credit for that. Greg may have had something to do with it. We continue, You got a new tone. Rick Burgess Show. Unscreened phone calls. Let's go, gentlemen, how are y'all? We're good?
Speaker 24: Hey, yesterday on the whoever had the question about the top five gay band members or whatever?
Speaker 4: Correct?
Speaker 19: Yeah, I'm surprised Greg didn't say George Street.
Speaker 4: You know he's in enough trouble already. Don't start that.
Speaker 19: Secondly, A secondly, has Greg, have you seen a thousand.
Speaker 4: Pound roommates yet? I have not only had a one thousand pound show. I'm afraid to try to watch two of them. There's one called thousand pound Roommates. Oh my goodness. Lines are available now so you can join us. Eight eight eight, the number six big Vox. We continue, unscreened phone calls. You're on the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 19: Go years ago, I was told there was a black minister on the courthouse steps preaching, and he said there won't be no kupres is in hell.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's when, oh my goodness, I found thousand pound roomies. Oh no, Greg, let's see. Oh Greg, no, like you got my pillow? Oh god, it's trashy fragle. That's that fig that's that feeling when that guy comes and says, hey, go down to that end of the pond. The fish are hitting goodness in.
Speaker 3: The bathing suit shot, it was not necessary, Okay, underwater, I'm just gonna stay with it. Why would they get a waterproof camera and do that?
Speaker 4: Oh the water? Hey, waterproof cameras are supposed to be going to give us a beautiful shot of all the wonderful life that's under the sea. Not that you know.
Speaker 3: I've heard it's like a whole new world under there.
Speaker 4: But my goodness, goodness, I won't know how they got them in and out. And if they stay in the water long enough, they'll form a new core reef show. Here on nine screen phone calls go.
Speaker 19: Ahead, Greg, Yes, why is James crying?
Speaker 4: They just got dunk on. That's why every time that comes up. We can't. Now I'm gonna start doing it, Greg. That but you know what, now that your two ton sisters have lost weight, maybe you need to shift to this show. I like this the red neckness better than I did the white part. Okay, you know, okay, how do you see that's an important We know that? Great? A little white trash? Oh yeah, Rick Burgess show unscreen phone calls, go ahead, show.
Speaker 2: I love the sorrow.
Speaker 4: Hey can turn the rain now because this new crag sleepy, he sounds sleepy. Favorites Greg because he makes people mad.
Speaker 3: My favorite gay band is Rock and Roll City.
Speaker 4: Hello, Rick Burgess show unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 11: Hey guys, I'm going back aways here. But somebody was talking to me about a video game from way back called Leader Suit Larry and the Land of the Lounge Lizards, And I had a vision of Larry the patch guy standing in front of his patch wall in a leisure suit with a gold chain, with his wife standing next to him in an orange pantsuit.
Speaker 4: Oh boy, I don't remember this video game.
Speaker 1: Bill.
Speaker 3: You don't want to remember it.
Speaker 4: Greg.
Speaker 3: It's a dirty game.
Speaker 4: I got dirt dirty game. Yes, yes, Greg, would would just ko white be better to you if you weighed nine hundred pounds? I saw that in text Nation, Would it or No? The pounds doesn't mean as much as much to use the white trash? Yes, there's no tap dancing if he weighs nine hundred, but does he has to have the tap dancing? Are you saying you would watch these sisters if they weren't one thousand pounds sisters? I don't know to say how they said that just in their neckness. Yeah, because if you go by just looking at this giant person trying to lose weight, you're going to watch a few episodes. But if the like I say, these on thousand pounds sisters, I mean, it's it's the cast is why I watch it, And they're all there's one boy and four sisters. Oh my Rick Burger's show. Unscreen phone calls, go ahead, Hey, I wanted to talk about Greg too. Wasn't he the one that pulled up the Mother's Day song?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yes, yes that's what it was. Yes, yes, he started that chairs mother.
Speaker 9: I cannot tell y'all how hard me and my husband laughed at that song.
Speaker 24: It was so funny, and he was talking.
Speaker 10: My husband was saying, how Greg set it up so well because Greg never shows his emotions prepared.
Speaker 17: You're an emotional song.
Speaker 19: It was so funny.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wanted to take ahead of tear jerker. Yeah, thank you. If you're a mother, there is no other and do me a favorite treating a right.
Speaker 27: Right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, what is the sound? Welcome to unscreened phone calls. When I was you, you're on the Rick Burgess show. Go ahead, Hey, Rick, I.
Speaker 10: Got something sad and mad. You're only stolen. Yeah, So I put mine out in the cardboard like Speedy does. But I started my truck. I don't know about an isle before of the stone and turn the radio on and I went back checked on it during the stole papers.
Speaker 9: Hell, they're still asleep.
Speaker 4: Okay. I had a dog that was causing me trouble, and I called a new company called dog Gone. Then all of a sudden, problems, all of a sudden Rick problem solved and and they left a nice letter with a picture of the wonderful farm where they now live. I'm telling you that that really would be a good service. So this is the thing. You You show up when nobody's there. Well, somebody had asked me. Some people try. Some people ruined it by trying to talk about the legal side of it. But if the owner, one of the if one of the owners books me to deal with it, and they've given me permission to remove the dog, Am I done anything against the lass. Who is anybody in trouble. He's in trouble with his wife. Once she finds out, she doesn't know, right, But you never know. I mean, have I done anything illegal?
Speaker 3: There? No, you're giving that dog sufficient habeas corpus for sure.
Speaker 4: Okay, thank you, judge. Yeah, I mean, but boy, you don't don't don't you like there wouldn't be gone? Of course you have to be in an unmarked car, can have it all over you van. Hell don't know. Yeah, you just relocate. Got a dog that you know, the kids wanted it. Everybody got excited about it. You know, we liked it as a puppy for a little while and now it's kind of become my dog. And you know, every time we got to do something on the thing I asked is always what about the dog? Yeah? This one we're here. Yeah, I'm going to take the family to the beach. I'm going to take the dog to the kennel. Okay, got it? Uh, you want to let me know where that is. Yeah, I'm going to take it to the kennel and I'll give you the address and you meet me there. Okay, sounds great. We'll take care of it and know that your dog will be in a better place. M I mean that's you might have to have code words. You can't just come on out with dog like you know.
Speaker 3: Say, like pizza or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hey, we gotta oh you code words, deliver the pizza, deliver hot dog. Yeah. So if somebody hears you, hello, hot hot dog, we're here to help you. Yeah. I'd like to order a pizza, would you? Yeah? Would you like it to go? I would? Okay? Would you like for us to meet you to give you the pizza? Yes? And here's where yeah, yeah, you want thin crust?
Speaker 3: Or ask a question in your business model? What's what? I know that there's the idea of the farm and the acres and the rolling hills.
Speaker 4: Yes, we all sell that one.
Speaker 3: What is actually in the in the I'm asking honestly, what in your mind is happening to the.
Speaker 4: Dogs Greg's house. We let them out, okay, let let them make sure, make sure they're pregnant.
Speaker 3: Yes, you preferred that way.
Speaker 4: What we do is we make sure there's unwanting puppies as well. Yeah, and then we release them at Greg's house. Yeah we know, we know he'll feed them. Yeah, no problems, Lisa will play something after she's background checks on everybody. All we're doing is making sure that dad gets his life back. That's he just wants his pizza. And we give you a nice pretty picture of where we'll tell you they're going. But where are they going to Gregg's house?
Speaker 3: I've said that that's not a sustainable business models.
Speaker 4: You know what sustainable business model would be. I do take them to the train stays. If you watch The Yellowstone, you know that's it. So let me ask you this animal shelters. You know there's a time, there's a ticking time on those as well. Yes, and no, while because it's not sustainable.
Speaker 3: Famm or your pets.
Speaker 4: Sometimes people have to do what's right. Difficult, they're hard decisions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not easy. It seems kind of easy though for you.
Speaker 4: But but the clients are thrilled. They are yeah and there and they got their life back and the kids get like a moon bounce out of it. You got more than two dollars one dog at each house? Can you order multiple pizzas?
Speaker 3: You can't.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show. He doesn't have c D. He just likes things to be a certain Rick wurshs.
Speaker 4: We're back thank you for being with us today, America, and thank you for all your participation. For a lot of you, we're wrapping up some time together. We covered a lot. Don't forget the daily archive today either on our podcast channel or our YouTube channel for any part you may have missed or you might want to go back in here again. Wednesday Bible Study is at noon Central today one o'clock Eastern for the live opportunity Joe fourteen and then of course archive available not long after that, and you can go get it on your own time on our YouTube channel or our podcast channel. Headlines, headlines, headlines that we didn't get to. Here's one. President Donald Trump has issued an astonishing defense you never guess the name I want to say next of Joe Biden wow, claiming a shadowy network of it by took advantage of the eighty two year old's cognitive decline in the White House and wreaked havoc on the country. What Donald Trump is saying I remember the first time I heard it, it was a comedian. Unfortunately, he was talking about Ronald Reagan at the time when Ronald Reagan might have been getting in the early stages of dementia. Late in his second term, not to the level that we saw here. But I remember the comedian's analogy, and it was a great one. Even though I love and revere Ronald Reagan, he said, blaming Ronald Reagan for what's happening right now would be like blaming Ronald McDonald for a hamburger. You didn't like it McDonald's. He had nothing to do with it. And I think this is what Trump is saying, You're blaming the wrong person. Biden did not wreak havoc on this country. It's those that took advantage of him and were really running the country, which is a smart play on his part. Smart play, smart play. Yeah, and I think I much more more accurate than being upset with Biden about it. Yeah. Ooh, this one hurts a little bit. This one hurts. What you got anybody out there and involved in the now, the conglomerate that has become Ascension Healthcare, they'll buy up your doctor. We used to you were around here until they were a sentient for UAB bought them out right. We had a bunch around here. Uh huh where we all go? Yeah? Right, like this got a data breach, data breach? If your healthcare is with any of the conglomerates of Ascension, four hundred and thirty thousand of you, your records have been exposed. Can't even have records. I mean, you can't even have an Ascension. I hope nobody reads my blood work. The state of cybersecurity in the healthcare industry worries me a lot. Healthcare organizations, whether nonprofit or for profit, collect an enormous amount out of data. And it's not just your phone number, it's your address, your emails, sensitive information, medical records, insurance details. This data is extremely valuable on the god forsaken dark Web, and it makes it a prime target for hackers. Ascension, a Missouri base based Catholic healthcare system with one hundred and forty two hospitals and one hundred and forty two thousand employees that they have now let their patients know that their personal and medical information four hundred and thirty thousand strong has been compromised.
Speaker 3: Kid, wow, Greg, I did not know that Saint Vincent's in Birmingham used to be Ascension Vincent. Now it's UAB, that is correct.
Speaker 6: Did not know that?
Speaker 4: You didn't know that?
Speaker 3: I don't know nothing.
Speaker 4: I was all over that they said that the breed they said the breach was twenty twenty four December. So maybe yeah, maybe maybe we're all okay, So what we will see? Uh this one while this headline Dicey Dicey, Dicey Dicey, a Chicago priest that was accused of being inappropriate with children, is claiming that Pope Leo turned the blind eye to what was going on when he was in Chicago. Yeah, I saw that. Uh, you know this term for something, it's uncomfortable. Again, maybe this is this is an okay term. It's in the article. But am I the only one of this uncomfortable saying the term a defrocked priest? That's an uncomfortable term? Yeah, I know, but it's a really really gets your attention, doesn't it really? You know, right after the white smoke came out and they named uh Leo Rick, Uh, there was a story I saw that day that said, I think some of them in the Chicago area that they had been the other priest that he was I guessunder his watch yep, and he turned his head. Now I'm not saying that happen, but I do remember seeing a story that there were some people that were claiming that Pope Leo, now named head of the Vatican earlier this month, has been has been has been accused of turning a blind eye to the church's sexual abuse scandal in Chicago when he served as head of the mid West Province of the Catholic Church. And that is from someone who was accused of being a problem and and a big problem too. You see that terrible, horrible, horrible stuff. So don't know, Frock, thank you, Greg, don't know of any validity of that. That is a story today and that'll be controversial, no doubt about that. The term defract means removed, right, removed from that place of power, all power removed. Greg, that's not that's he's not But thank you. I officially called it. That's on me for trying to answer that question from text Nation.
Speaker 3: Do you want to hear it pronounced just to make sure we're saying it right.
Speaker 4: It really it makes me very uncomfortable, but sure here it is. That's terrible, terrible. There is no other from text Nation, and you know it's okay, it's okay. I don't want to over talk about this, but I do want everybody to be informed. Text Nation different topic, how do I order a signed copy of the book Men Don't Run in the Rain. I'm sorry, I must have missed that. I thought it was in the online store. Well you're close, but it's not actually in the Rick Burgess Show store. This is the publisher is running this. We don't have them in the store. But the link that you see on Rick Burgess Show dot com right there at the bottom of the page, or right there on the homepage at Themanchurch dot com. If you click on that link, you'll see the option to get a signed copy. That's where you get that done. So I understand where you would think, we'll let me go to the store. Maybe it's in there, but you actually need to use the link that goes directly there, which is at the bottom of the page on both of those websites, and also at Burgess Ministries dot com. So any of those three just use the link that is there. Should I expect you to do the Mister t Mothers Song periodically on any time? Yeah, and keep on dropping that in. I don't want that to stop. Okay. Experts have identified ancient propaganda praising pharaoh who may have been the pharaoh that challenged Moses that headline should go the other way. I think Moses came in and challenged him. But anyway, so let my people go, Let my people go. They've uncovered which they believe is propaganda, just like all tyrannical people and governments have always used. There was reporting pharaoh and basically talking about how wonderful he is and no one should challenge him. And they believe this is the Pharaoh that Moses faced. So there you go, top of the hour. If you're leaving us, we have a good day.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.