Speaker 1: Welcome to We Talk Back Podcast, the production of iHeartRadio and the Black Effect Network Talk.
Speaker 2: We're just two unapologetically black women with an opinion who talks.
Speaker 1: What's up y'all? Thank you for tuning in for a new episode or We Talked Back, a show dedicated to you niggas and.
Speaker 3: You hosts and.
Speaker 2: Dreamers and chasers.
Speaker 1: Is your co host aj Holiday? What's up? Big Tam Bam, y'all.
Speaker 2: I love y'all so much. Keep your chin up today, chins high, be optimistic. All good things are.
Speaker 1: Good energy period, chin always high.
Speaker 2: That was your weekend.
Speaker 1: I ain't do nothing this weekend, Like for real, I didn't. I was supposed to go to this Harlem nice party with my significant other and I just didn't he went through.
Speaker 2: Why didn't you?
Speaker 1: Because the ship was in the fucking country and already know it's gonna be fucking country. That's why I ain't gonna.
Speaker 2: That's the country. I love country shit.
Speaker 1: No, man, I know country shit. Gonna have some good food. Hopefully they would have something for me to eat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, I just it wasn't up to it.
Speaker 1: You know, I've been needing to know things. Okay, if you want me to do something, you need to tell me about it a month in advance, then two weeks in advance, then a week in advance, like I really have to mentally program myself. That's too much. If I'm not mentally there, if I haven't seen myself there in my mind, I'm not going. I ain't coming again.
Speaker 2: That's fair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I ain't coming again. So I ain't do shit this weekend, child, And.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 1: Shit, just preparing for the week.
Speaker 2: Guess what I'm doing. I'm walking in my boot.
Speaker 1: I finally that ship was off. No, girl, was that not two weeks ago? You said you had two more weeks? Just over two weeks ago that I had.
Speaker 2: I had to not walk on it.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now I'm walking. Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, that stepdaddy, both that nigga foot broke and his knee right now for falling down.
Speaker 2: Damn mm hmm. That's wild and I hate that. I know, that's what I'm saying. It's dumb. I've been in this ship. Oh, I ain't had to shoot on the right foot since August.
Speaker 1: Your foot little?
Speaker 4: Is it skinny?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a little, the whole leg little.
Speaker 1: You would walking outside on it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, not like walking like long distances, Like I'm just walk instead of being on the scooter, I'm actually walking to the car.
Speaker 1: We're going to be able to take it off.
Speaker 2: Well, I go back to the doctor next Thursday and they're gonna do new X rays to see is it healing right and what the next steps are. Literally, I feel like.
Speaker 1: I feel like that shit been off about three months.
Speaker 2: Dogs, it's been nearly three months, except well two months September and October, the whole September, the whole October into November, so it's been eight weeks. It's it feels like longer than that, but it's only been eight weeks. Yeah, but I was supposed to, you know, been walking on it at six but it wasn't healing.
Speaker 1: So so is it healing better? Now?
Speaker 2: When we do these X rays, put your ass in the cast, they like, that's what they say. If it doesn't heal. And when they have like really walking on it without the boot, if it gives me pain, then they're gonna have to put a screw in it. So I'm hoping that that does not happen. So y'all keep me prayed up. But I'm going to Paris on Friday, they said, I can walk Thursday, I'm leaving. I'm walking to a plane, y'all walking over the plate, bitch, I'm going.
Speaker 1: You go to a vacation.
Speaker 2: Yep, I'm literally going. I'm gonna leave on Friday. I'm coming home on Sunday. I know I'm going with a girl. This is a girl's crib, you know, gay, Like I ain't that gay. I'm only when I'm like kind of drunk. And That's been a long time since I've even been like that.
Speaker 1: It's like that means something to me. I'm going, like, what.
Speaker 2: Girl? Go to hell? Let's get into scene.
Speaker 1: So did you watch Maggie Stallion documentary because.
Speaker 2: You can? Yeah, I really, And it's pretty much a redemption story. It goes from her, you know, talking about her beginning, how hard it was losing her mother. We really get to dive into that relationship and what that looked like for her and how sad that was that we dive into that, and then she goes into the Gail King conversation that I think we've all seen go by.
Speaker 1: That's the clip I side, yeah, where.
Speaker 2: She basically admits to being dishonest about her sex life with Tori, and she was like, I ain't know the bitch was going to.
Speaker 3: Ask me that.
Speaker 1: She literally called Gail a bitch because she is a bitch for asking that. Like, Okay, you can't conflate the two, right, We're here to talk about this man assaulting me and shooting at me. Yeah, but you.
Speaker 2: No, there is a butt. The butt is you have to assume that this interviewer, Gail King, is going to ask the dynamics of the relationship with you and the shooter. Why would you assume that they're not gonna ask that.
Speaker 1: So does that negate him shooting at her? No, absolutely not whether she had sex with him or not.
Speaker 2: It does not negate anything. But she shouldn't have lied.
Speaker 1: I just feel like it shouldn't have shouldn't have should not have been asked.
Speaker 2: If you do this interview, this was a This wasn't just about being shot. This was about the relationship with this person. This was an interview about the whole happenings. I'm not surprised I would have been prepared for that question.
Speaker 1: I think her people told Gail not to ask that shit, and Gail asked it anyway, because to send her in a line of fire like that and her not be prepared because she was clearly like, yeah, she was taking it sexually like she was not expecting her to ask that, and neither would I really, noah, because it doesn't matter. So now what's happening now? Because Meg Stallion lied about fucking her, which we all knew it was a lie. We knew that was the reason why her and her friend was beefing. We knew the nigga was a problem. So rather she told Gail that or not, we knew the truth, right. But now what the public gets to do is say, see none of the bubble. She's a liar, and that's why it's okay for her to get shot at.
Speaker 2: It's not okay, but she should have been honest. If you're gonna come on that interview, you can't tell half truth. Yeah, tell the truth. This is what happened, This is what it is, and this is and he deserved to be in jail because of this. She don't have to catch me on.
Speaker 1: Two drunk nights. People I thot that they like twice and each time he was catching me drunk. So I think she did have a drinking problem. I think that she contributed to some of the things that happened.
Speaker 2: To her that night. Absolutely mm hm shit everybody most of us allow wing shit pop off. There was some intoxication involved, in drugs involved. He wasn't in our clearest mind. Absolutely No. I done called a body dronk before you know what I'm saying body, I ain't really was supposed to catch.
Speaker 1: You know, I ain't never catch and want drunk. I caught a body that I had done had before, and I ain't got no business fucking on and I'm doing it because I'm drunk. But I never just caught a stray body because I've been drinking, not.
Speaker 2: A stray body because I would you think she considered him a stray body. No, she knew him. That was cool. It just kind of happened stray body.
Speaker 1: I mean like first time dick drunk.
Speaker 2: You ain't never had first time dick drunk.
Speaker 1: No, never, It's intentional. If I fuck on a nigga, it's not like I fucked him because I was drunk. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, no, okay, I'm about to say, damn you get all your big sober.
Speaker 1: It's boring and we talk about that. Absolutely, not like well back in the day before I started like experimenting with the weed, Like, yeah, I probably had a lot of sober sex, but it's intentional. If I if I fuck on a nigga rarether I'm drunk or not, it's not gonna be I'm not. It's never gonna be a blaming on an alcohol type situation, is what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: But it would be like I've I call this body earlier than I intended, dude, because.
Speaker 1: It might as well keep sucking you go together. Yeah, So, I mean, I can see why she should have told the truth truth. I just I hate now the public opinion. It extends even further right right now because people think they got an AHA on her.
Speaker 2: She put the doc.
Speaker 1: Is it a lie if you eventually tell it.
Speaker 2: You yeah, still, Ali, we know you lying though, I know. But that's that's what made it worse because everybody was like.
Speaker 1: All the men were like that, mm hmm. But I rather or not she fucked this man or not. He had no business shooting at her. And then the next thing is, oh, she you know, people are saying that he shot her. He didn't shoot her, right, but he definitely shot at her and caused her harm m.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Period. They showed the fragments in her foot on the documentary and then she goes on to you know, talk about her relationship with the homegirl and how that dissolved. And I don't know if between me and you, I don't know if she took as much as accountability as I would have liked it. You know, but you know, because it takes my grandma said, it takes two links of the chain for the chain of rattle, one link care rattle by itself, So you know, you gotta own your ship too.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I'm gonna watch it. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I like, I.
Speaker 1: Just feel like it's something that didn't need a documentary for.
Speaker 2: I watched you because.
Speaker 1: Not you, the mic bitch.
Speaker 2: I'm tired last night. Yes, I was get into that watching the election, but I only watched that documentary because reasonable doubt the season ended, so I ain't got nothing to watch.
Speaker 1: Everybody but on that reasonable doubt shit, boy, every bitch I know has been watching that shit.
Speaker 2: I'm so glad because season one didn't get that much love as it should have. But now it's like everybody's like popping. Yeah, happy to hear that. So what else happened? Speaking of being tired, did you stay up for the election last night?
Speaker 1: Actually I was at a watch party. So I attended a watch party last night. Senator Dionne Ted Teddor you know what I'm talking about. He he's I think he lives in Columbia. Actually he's in Charleston, but he had a watch party last night. I actually went to two different places for watch parties. We ended there though, that's where more than more professional people would have been, and we came in there with Jordan's on and ship. But yeah, I watched the election, and yeah, I like the results. You know, a lot of people are upset about it. But the thing is, to me, right, I would not have I'm seeing a lot of people online like crying and stuff like that if Kamala had one, if Kamala had won the presidency, right, I would not girl by it's a curse. I would not be sad this morning because regardless of what my life is going as still, I'm still gonna be optimistic and move forward like no matter who the president is. And that's what I want to see black people do, right, I want to see black people get out of the victim mentality a little bit and just realize that we are responsible for our lineage, We are responsible for our futures. Nobody else, nobody else is, no matter who the president is. One thing, one takeaway, and I'll let you go. I do not like seeing the divisiveness that's happening online between black men and women, because most black men voted for Kamala. So for for different I unfollowed the one last blog I was following. I unfollowed them this morning because they were putting up like tweets and nasty videos that black women were putting up talking to black men about having not voted for Kamala, and it's just not true. Seventy nine percent of black men voted for her. So where y'all getting this number? From y'all now allowing whoever whatever, social era engineering, big machine divide us even more, and it's just fucked up. That's the part I don't like about this election.
Speaker 2: I agree, I'm not happy with the result, but you know, the American public has spoken and this is who they saw fit to be our next president. I think if you're angry about it, what you need to do one is pick your chin up. You know that is first and foremost. We are descendants of the people who have survived Jim Crow, slavery, the Middle Passage, what have you. So we'll survive this. You know. We are resilient people and we are the dream of our ancestors. So this is just part for the course. As far as I'm concerned, and I think if you're upset, then what you should do is get more involved in your low as littlement get more involved in the classrooms, get more involved in your church, get more involved in state houses, local houses, your municipalities, all the things. That is what needs to be done, you know, So moving forward, I mean that's all you can do.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: You cast your vote. You know, everybody's entitled to their vote or to not vote. That is also their right, you know.
Speaker 1: So people getting attacked for not participating in the system.
Speaker 2: And that's their right too. So you know, chin up, Chin up, buttercup. That's all I can say.
Speaker 1: I think collectively, also black people, we need to refocus. Me and my homegirl, we have been doing this thing every day, refocused, refocused, right, we need to refocus and decide what is most important among us, right, I think that we focus on a lot of bullshit we don't focus on education enough, we don't focus on financial literacy enough. Them even being able to use entertainers to appease to us in a selection, to me is like a slap in the face. We have a lot of intellectuals amongst the Black community. Why not engage those people? Right? But I think black they know we love to be entertained. We love to laugh, we love to play, and this is what happened when you just love the laugh and play.
Speaker 2: But I think they tried to reach out to everybody, all the voters, because there are voters who just want to be entertained. You know, there were one the intellectuals. There were platforms and forums for that too. You just had to go look for those. You know, you had to bear a witness to those. And if you were one of the ones who were looking for Glorilla to give you god, it's she was there, you know. So, I mean it just was all one thing. I will say. You know, my hat goes off to Kamala. She had hundred days to campaign and she still was able to get close to half of the Yeah, a lot of marketing, Yeah, she did exceptional. I wish that we had picked a democratic candidate a long time ago, instead of waiting for Joe Biden to drop out with one hundred days left. Absolutely, you know that was the mistake that was made if we had a clear cut candidate that we all could get behind, because that was the failure as far as I'm concerned with Democrats in this election, But I agree also, I.
Speaker 1: Also want to also just try not to pick sides. For real. You gotta be able to see what the fuck is going on on both sides of things, right when you when you pick sides, you neglect to see the side you think you on. You neglect to see what it is that they're doing, and a vice versa. Right, So try to stay in the middle so you can see all points of view because there I'm not a Republican, nor am I a Democrat, nor am I an Independent or Green Party or none of that shit I'm going to do would make sense for me, right, so if there was a Democratic candidate who would because you know, a lot of people, this is the other thing I'm seeing, like people are saying like, oh, she's a woman. This is why they're blaming black men for Kamala not getting into office. And they're also saying like they didn't want to vote vote for it because she's a woman. That is not the case. I feel like if Michelle Obama would have ran for president, half most of the country plus the world and who else want to be involved in US politics would be behind Michelle Obama. So it had nothing to do with her being a woman. Absolutely not. So I feel like just the it's just weird. Like you said, get involved, I plan to get involved.
Speaker 2: Yeah, me too. I'm more motivated to get involved than I've ever been before after this election, And I hope this election encourages us all to be more involved in our local our local government, you know, Okay, that's.
Speaker 1: What matters most, That's what matters most. So I I mean, I know in this particular election, abortion was one of the biggest things. Right it's now on a state level. If you don't agree with your state's abortion liized, you need to make sure you get to the polls when the local elections come up, because it's in the state's hands, which I think personally that's where it belongs, right, So you can still do the things. You just have to be informed on what it is that's actually going on, especially on a local level.
Speaker 2: But what I really feel like, now this might be hear me out, y'all, we really have the power if we collectively stop fucking, we could demand whatever we shyraq the man, whatever we wanted, if we could all collectively decided we're about to in humanity, because that's what essentially would happened. If we stop having sex, we could end humanity, right.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's a group of people who may be trying to do that, and it has nothing to do with if there's already an attack on women, right, So I feel like there's already an attack like to end humanity, and people may not see it because there's an attack on women from all sides, right, from all sides. So for me, you can't mention abortion and the black maternal mortality rate and the same sentence. It just doesn't make sense to me, because one we're talking about wanting to keep life right, and there's this mechanism and these evil people in place fucking with it right, right, And then the other one is a supposed choice, right, you're choosing life or you're choosing death. I think everybody should try to choose life. Black women period, we under attack, yes, from all sides. We just we just are.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I agree, and that's why the odds were stacked Kyli against Kamla, and that's why I just think she did an excellent job with what she had. You know, I mean, one hundred days in your black woman, Black Indian woman, you know, it's stacked against you.
Speaker 1: But okay, we're going to leave race out of it, okay, because there's a lot of there's a lot of things out there that beg to differ, right, and then now that's also like that's a thing that they've been using to push the divisiveness. Right, what is black? I think black people need to establish what it is to be black now in America?
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: I think we do need and we should keep a little bit, I think, and you know, and that's important the conversation we're going to have a little earlier, I mean later in the episode, because I think we need to be freedmen. Let's let's define blackness. Let's define what black is in this country for sure.
Speaker 1: So that's enough on the election, y'all, y'all listen, I don't got some real life hate mail, okay, And I really be holding back. I feel like on we talked back and I've had to block a few people, but I definitely screenshot your fucking name in your face so I know exactly who you are because I have to smack your ass in real fucking life. So there's that part. But anyway, y'all, fuck is home. Bit ch'all told y'all, niggas, I told y'all, niggas.
Speaker 2: You said that I was definitely about to sigga.
Speaker 1: It's crazy having a ride a scientist and gets some dick.
Speaker 2: I know, I was thinking about her, like I know her pussy door.
Speaker 1: People hating that girl for not going to work. What I'm about to go work on this dick? Okay, y'all will be marr.
Speaker 2: And I just I think that that trial was interesting because Woody was the reason they got jammed up and.
Speaker 1: When he got out, that boy, shit, man, he's the worst and he's like man, I told all type of Liyes, that makes the little truth with the with a lie. We talked about twenty fifteen a long time ago.
Speaker 2: He don't seem like the brightest crown in the box, so can we more than that from him? Yeah? He said the demons had a hold of him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And a.
Speaker 2: Lot of people have demons. You know, they're battling demons. You know, I pray for everyone.
Speaker 1: I just don't know what young Thugs now is supposed to do with the rest of his career for real, now, I don't know rap about nothing.
Speaker 2: Butterfly in that's high.
Speaker 1: You gonna go ahead, keep going.
Speaker 2: I can't go twice. Its highly.
Speaker 1: Read their ray hole.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's gonna have to talk about.
Speaker 1: He better can start being like Kendrick Lamar. Okay, you your music gonna have to have substance.
Speaker 2: This is well it should it should should.
Speaker 1: You need to hold people at higher standard. I think, like we talked about in another episode, like that Drove rap, shit is dead. These people are coming coming for them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I think about it. It's just the sound. It's just so terrible. Like there's a rapper from here, a little Dicky. I'm a fan of his music. He dope, but the song that like, we got to listen to the things that we're promoting. Like it's like so casually talking about killing each other is crazy, Like.
Speaker 1: It's a whole curse. It's a spelling. You're just saying it. You're just saying it every day while you're working out, walking like you just quoting the words, like just saying like, come on, man, you gotta have some self awareness and realize, like it's not just words, it's not Your.
Speaker 2: Tongue is a wand it's a powerful wand and what you speak is it can be a curse or bless us. Be mindful of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'm I'm happy that. And I'm not going to say young Thug is just like the super innocent dude, because I heard he was indeed the boogeyman, Okay, but the way in which they rail rolled him the last two years was really disgusting. I did see Fanny Willis was reelected as state prosecutor in Georgia, but I just I don't know, man. I feel like we talk about luncheon and hanging and all this stuff when it comes to black people, but it's a lot of black faces doing it now. White people no longer have to do it because they have now put these frontmen into place who look like us, but they ain't us a lot of the times. And I'm not saying like she shouldn't clean the streets up, but I feel like they were trying to take that nigga house. They want his assets. That's more of what it was about money. It was more about money than actually cleaning the streets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the only thing. I want, a safe place for our children to grow up in. You know, I want the music. I just hope there's a paradigm shift before we have kids that are grown where the consciousness is just so different that the music.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's enough elevation, it's coming. New Earth is definitely on the way. I feel it. I feel it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And and women, we gotta have the baby to have a future.
Speaker 2: Right or stop having babies until we get our demands met. No, not even about the babies. Stop fucking yeah, stop having sex period. I'm telling if we collectively stop having sex and said no more, our reproductive rights are under attack. We can't have sex. I can't have sex at a time like this. If all of us said that, we could demand watch Iraq, that's what that movie was about. Yeah, yeah, exactly. We could demand whatever we want. We could demand a.
Speaker 1: Lot of these niggas like Bookie. Now, okay, they ain't even studying.
Speaker 2: They would have to if we did that.
Speaker 1: They're already doing it. Okay, we just front men for some of them. A beard for some of these dudes.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you how the world would be in up or if all the pussy closed down. Talk about the stock market crash, the pussy crash.
Speaker 1: You remember the pussy crash the four That was a wild time. I mean, there was no pussy to be found.
Speaker 2: It was rough. It would be a history stupid yo.
Speaker 1: All Right, y'all, But listen, today we have I'm calling him congressman. Okay, even though he was not elected, I did vote for him. Okay, mis Marcel Dixon. We have him, and we talked that. We talked back this week. We're talking uh, reparations because that is one thing we did not see on the ballot.
Speaker 2: And that's what we deserve and that's what we're old. Stay tuned, y'all. This is a really good conversation. Stay tuned.
Speaker 1: Okay, So y'all, today we have a truly inspiring guests joining us. He's known for his fierce advocacy and unwavering commitment to justice. He's a dedicated educator, activist. He's South Carolina native South Cakilaki stand up. He's a passionate voice for a perative justice and economic empowerment within black communities. He's fears fearlessly champion causes that matter with a focus on uplifting and inspiring change. His insight and authenticity resonate within with with people across the nation. So welcome to the show, Congressman Dixon, because we be manifesting and we talk back.
Speaker 4: Okay, welcome, thank you all for having me.
Speaker 1: How you doing this evening? What part of South Carolina are you from.
Speaker 4: I'm from a town called Ridgeland, which is down by Charleston and Savannah, Georgia.
Speaker 1: So I'm Charleston.
Speaker 4: Oh really, Okay, yeah, I'm from Ridgeland. Then, so right by you Ford, South Carolina, Bluffton, South Carolina, and Savannah, Georgia, right on the border of Chatham County, Georgia. Yes, yes, but.
Speaker 2: There's a prison there.
Speaker 1: That's what I do know.
Speaker 4: About, infamous prison.
Speaker 2: Yes, hit originally hard too.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, well, rwers get hard by a lot of catastrophes like flooding when the tropical Storm Debbie, Hurricane Heleen. We always get a lot of bad flooding. But yeah, it's a very small town that's not far from Savannah, Georgia. Youford, South Carolina, yep?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, se y'all.
Speaker 1: I wanted to have mister Dixon on and talk about reparations because this is something that's very important for most black people. It should be anyway, right, because we need our coins. Okay, this is the longest overdue bill in history, and this country has been built on the backs of black people, and we've literally been saying four hundred years for the last worn years. So when we don't get our gust too. So I came across, not even came across, because I've seen you on I'm on Twitter Ax a lot, so I've seen a lot of your spaces on Twitter. And then one of my one of my good friends, he sends me your content a lot, and I'm like, the last video you had out went viral in regards to reparations. So I wanted to have you on a I have a little brief chat about it.
Speaker 2: Okay, can I ask a question before we get directly into reparations. You seem like a fairly young black man. You could have gone and played sports or done a lot of different things. What made you choose politics?
Speaker 4: Not not really that young any longer, but and I gotta suck at sports, but thank you, I didn't really choose politics. I feel that it trols me. I was very unhappy and I still am with a lot of the candidates that we have running for office nationwide, and a lot of people are you know, you look at Congress. Congress has like an approval rating of thirteen percent. And in my district for the US House of Representatives, James Clyburn is my representative. And you know, I found out that South Carolina District six, which is still a majority black district, it's the sixth poorest district in the United States of America out of four hundred and thirty five districts total, and yet it's almost the poorest place. It's almost the poorest place to live, and yet Congressman Clyburn has been there for thirty two years. So I was very unhappy with the representation we were receiving. And when I confronted him then I asked about reparation and things of that nature. I didn't really like his response, and I kept saying to myself, if we as Americans or whatever background, we're so unhappy with the people we have in office, why are we not trying to run for office ourselves and replace those people we have? In office. Very few people step up to do that, and I decided I didn't want to be like the average person. I said, I'm going to run for office. I couldn't find a better option, so I say, well, I'll be the beat option anger in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we all need to get involved, for sure, because you know a lot of people politics is like a big thing. People talk about it, but a lot of people don't get involved. They just sit in the background, oftentimes with the opinion and yeah, so you know that's something I'm interested in the future too. Maybe I can back you up, we can collaborate and.
Speaker 2: Do something nice, and I'll vote for you because I will not participate.
Speaker 1: I can't be on the front lines now, but I'll be in the back, like you know some low yeah fighting people in the.
Speaker 4: Background, putting yourself out there. Trust me, it's unnerving. I kind of thought a lot about the ramifications of the decision I was going to make. You know, your life will be out there, your face will be out there. My volunteers, they've sent out on maybe twenty thousand flyers this election. I ran last year, last election season, I'm running this time. So just this election season alone, prosing out twenty thousand flyers. It's probably been like sixty thousand text messages. I've been on commercials, I've done interviews. Obviously it's a little unnerving when you know your face and your name is out there people are looking at it. But I really had to consider those things, and my attitude is there's no way I can lose. See when I started off, I had zero supporters. It was really just me. I woke up one day. I'm a school teacher, never ran for politics, never voted before, never really got involved in politics. Like you said, I had an opinion. I had a strong opinion about a lot of things, but I was never really a political never really wanted to be. So I went from one extreme not being involved at all to the other extreme being completely involved. But even if I don't quote unquote when the election, what I'm proud of is that I've helped educate people about the things about wish. I'm passionate why I feel the way I do, and why I feel that my stance on issues is the stance that we should have, and reparations is one of those premier issues. It is the premire issue of my campaign. Like you mentioned, justice, my slogan is justice for all or justice for none. We can't have it both ways. We can't do reparations for all these other groups that we have done it for, and we're doing it for now, but we're not doing it for the group that has really been through the most, and that are those who are freemen or the Black Americans who are descendence of the emancipated.
Speaker 1: So let's get into that a little bit about freedman. So educate our listeners a bit about because this is the type of history I like to get into the history of self for listeners who don't know exactly what freedmen are? Can you can you let us.
Speaker 2: Know before you answer. I just want to see this. I think I got all sixty thousand of your text messages.
Speaker 3: I think they are really Yeah, away from him, listen, I'd be responding back to them text messages because I'm gonna say you on myself on Bill in a minute.
Speaker 4: Yeah, people do respond. Some people just troll and they say thing. You know, you can tell they're just trolling. But people do respond and interstic responses.
Speaker 2: I just had to say that free men.
Speaker 4: Freeman is pretty much a political status, a status or it's like a class. For example, if you are a veteran, that's a status. That's a special class you belong to. From the perspective of the federal government, if you're a disabled person, that's a status like they have the Department of Veterans Affairs. They have specific programs set aside with people are disabled. We all the best example are Native American tribes. You know, we have the muskoge or the Creek. We have the Seminoles, they have the k Alcohols, they have the Cherokees, we have the Catawa. Those tribal names are really statuses, and Native Americans get special programs that are just for them based on their status there. They don't get just one large program for all of them. It depends on their status. For example, not Old get this, the Cherokee get this, the Seminole get this. So if you are a black person in America who is a descendant of a person who was emancipated from American slavery, you have a special status called Freeman. And they passed legislation for us in eighteen sixty five, the Freeman Bureau Acts. They did one and then they did two, and it's set up an office called the Freemen's Bureau. I'm sure if we do our research, a lot of us have ancestors. We will file the Freeman's Bureau. I have found countless relatives who receive services from the Freemen's Bureau. In order to receive services from the Freeman's Bureau, which was an agency of the government, you had to be a freeman. You had to have that status. Now, of course they did away with the Freeman's Bureau, but the Freeman's status was never rescinded, so we still have that status now, it's just not one we've been using. People think reparations is erasing, it's not. There's no such thing in America that would be constitutional as reparations for black people. Because maybe if this was back in eighteen hundreds, all the black people in America were black Americans, were people who were either formerly enslaved or had just been emancipated at the end of the Civil War.
Speaker 1: Now, so you don't subscribe to the notion that black people already existed in America and that potentially the people who were already here were then enslaved as well. Because even with Freedman, a lot of people, because I mean, for my studies. I know that slavery was predominantly in the South, right, So Twelve Years of Slave is a perfect movie, right. I don't know if y'all ever seen it.
Speaker 2: There was a plage there.
Speaker 1: He was a free black man with family, white friends and all of that, and lived up north. He was tricked into slavery and ended up in the South for twelve years until a white guy came on the plantation and he told this guy his story, and then he went back up north and told his white friends and they came down and got him right. So he was tricked into slavery after slavery basically was supposed to have supposedly had ended in the South. So do you not subscribe to the notion that, you know, everybody may not be descended of slaves. And maybe that's why they always say reparations has to be studied.
Speaker 4: You know, well, I do believe that black people have always been here in this land mass. You know, when I was in school, they used to teachers that black people were everywhere, and even though I never thought much about it, it kind of hit me one day, a like, so we were everywhere. That would include North America as well. But the cool thing about the freeman's status. It doesn't matter if you are a descendant of a person who was a ready indigenous to the land, or you are the son of a person who came over on these slave ships as a result of the Transatlantic slave from the coast of Africa, whether it's the West coast or Central Africa. What matters is that if you were here before, well at the end of the Civil War, automatically you are a freedman because when that ended, you were old a debt because you went through American slavery, you then went through or the danger of being enslave. So yeah, it really doesn't matter if your ancestors a person who's indigenous or your ancestors a person who came from the continent of Africa. More than likely, I think most freedomen we have a mixture of both. We'll probably have native blood and we probably have blood of people who came over on the slave ships. But what is the most important thing is that your ancestor was in this nation at the end of the Civil War, because it was then where America should have paid us for all the labor we did in building this nation and defitting this nation and they did not. Instead, not only did they not hate us, they actually continue to terrorize us. They did black holes, which would become Jim Crow and their cobs racial massacre. They used imminent domain to take our land, and when that didn't work, they were burned down our black wall streets, or they will flood them, or they will put railroads through them or highways through them. They did medical experimentations on us. I mentioned my great grandfather in the video that went viral, how he was a World War two vet. He just died like last month, and yet he never received his portion of the GI Bill. The GI Bill was a bill that was given to World War Two vets that helped them to become homeowners, helped them become college educated professionals. They receive pensions. It's pretty much credited with building the modern day American middle class. Only I think. I think at the most six thousand and black American World War two vets receive benefits of the GI Bill out of like millions of US that actually fought, whereas fifteen million white American World War two vets receive the giveils. That means they were able to acquire wealth that they passed down to their loved ones. I've always said if people can inherit wealth, people can also inherit the debt. People who are against reparations, I say to them, Okay, so if you've inherited anything from your parent, whether it's homes, whether there's whatever kind of asset, stocks, bars, property, cars, maybe even a bit of position of business, you need to give all that up. Okay, Because you're saying that I do not have an inheritance for which I should receive. That means you should not have it either. So it's not just the fact that we did not get our debt paid immediately at the end of the Civil War. Is that this nation continued to terrorize us. And when I hear, especially some white people I speak with, they'll say, well, I'm a poor white person. So it's not that i've here in white privilege. It's not about it's not saying that white people don't have issues. It's not saying that any other group doesn't have issues. It's not even saying that America hasn't done other groups wrong. But I'm not focusing on these other groups right now. Once we have to focus on ourselves and the question to ask if you have problems in your life. Is it a result of the American government depriving you of your constitutional rights? The only group that can actually say yesterday are those of us who are freemen, because all these other groups Native Americans, Japanese who are interned, the downwinders, for those who know who the downwinders are, those are people who are exposed to radiation as a result of America testing nuclear arms, and they received They have physical elements, and their kids and grandchildren have physical elements, so they are still getting paid today. The Guamenians, the Iranian hostages, even today, you know Simone Bows, the Olympic gold medalists, even she's about to get reparations. Some other young ladies because they were sexually abused and the FBI failed to investigate the accusations of sexual abuse that they made, so they're about to get paid reparations. All of the groups get paid compensation for the wrong that the federal government, not any Pherson, but the federal government is done to them except us. So we can actually look at our dada and say we are old. We have yet to be paid. You've done it for others, now you owe it to us too.
Speaker 2: Why do you think the federal government is keeping freemen from reparations.
Speaker 4: Well, for one, this government has a long history more than any the group going after us more than any other group. So it's just something that's embedded in this nation. You know how they like to say that slavery was this country's original sin. Well, the issue of slavery was always built on the concept of us being inferior of the fact that you know, slavery was beneficial for us. Remember, they even tried to do that way, it was beneficial, you know, with Jim Crow. They will tell us that it wasn't that bad or that was a long time ago, even though Jim Crow and those of us, because I think y'all are in South Carolina as well. Okay, in South Carolina, Jim Crow did not end into the nineteen seventy My mother and father, like I said, told me in the seventies, Jim Crow was still going strong. Even after the federal government structed down, states like South Carolina still fought and were slow to do away with Jim Crow completely. Some people, let's take the Holocaust survivors, White Jews went through the Holocaust. They're still getting paid right now, and we get told never forget the.
Speaker 1: America is paying them, ready to do with it.
Speaker 4: And yet America has done many programs. And I'm not saying these people do not deserve justice. They do. I feel if you are wrong by the federal government, any government, you deserve compensation. I can say that only when it comes to us. Can people not say that? But the Holocaust lasted for about a decade, okay, and yet we're told never forget. You cannot say a single bad thing about white Jewish people who went through the Holocaust. You cannot deny the Holocaust. You will immediately be called an awful person. You know, there are Holocaust deniers. The point is, though, look at what they went through and how they're getting compensation for their tragedy. Okay, And yet we went through centuries of governmental oppression, okay, centuries That was like a Holocaust that lasted three hundred years. So this country is built in the foundation that somehow our issues were a long time ago it has been resolved. Just because you stopped terrorizing someone on paper, that doesn't mean you made up for the damage that was done to them as a result of your terrorism. But another thing is we haven't demanded it. I'm not trying to blame the victims. I'm not, but we really have not demanded it. We have all these black faces in Congress, and let's look at some of the things they're fighting for. Whether you agree with abortion or not, I believe that we should be pushing to help strengthen black families. That means, you know, married couples having children. They push on us abortion that seems to be the only thing they feel we deserve. Abortion. Let's say, well, I don't know how you may feel about immigrations, but the point is most countries don't allow people to fly in through the nation illegally, and if you fly in through the nation I legally, they show us Hell's not going to reward you for doing so. In America, that's happening. You have people like James Clapburn who sees the freedmen in his district, people whose fanis have been in this country for centuries. We are struggling. We are among the poorest group in America. That's just irrefutable fact. And yet he's seeing that he wants these illegal immigrants to have a pathway to citizenship. They didn't wrong, and you want to reward them. We have wrong done to us, and you refuse to speak up for what is old to us. So some of our representatives, the white ones, yes, but especially the ones who are our own, supposed to be our own people, they do not stand up for us, and we reward them by still voting for them to be in office because we think that this is routine. It's very routine, especial Unfortunately with us. We're the only group of America that votes for one party all the time, no questions asked. It's starting to change a little now. The Black Americans still buy and large we're gonna if we vote, because a lot of us don't. But if we vote, it's gonna automatically be for the Democratic Party, and we do that without demanding anything from them, specifically for us. So it's a combination of this country's historic neglect of us, which this nation is accustomed to doing. Two, we have not held our representatives accountable for standing up for us. You have people in this country illegally who have the auDA to demand things. They go in the streets and they protests. They shouldn't even be there. But look how bold they are to demand things from a country in which they do not belong. Yet we don't do that same thing. We don't demand things that'll offer to us. And when our representatives don't stand up for us, we don't make them pay by not electing them, by refusing to vote for them, and running people against them.
Speaker 1: So do you think immigration is being strategically done? Because I feel like this isn't the first time. I think when we're talking about talk about Native Americans and stuff like that, and we talk about exactly who those people are, because I identify as Native American. I'm an American, Okay, So I don't like black. I don't like the black African American. You know, you're tying yourself to another place. So this is our land, right, So I think that this has happened before. This isn't This isn't a new play. And I think that black people may not believe that immigration is our issue. It is an issue of us.
Speaker 4: It's a big issue for us. Death. It's happened before. Frederick Douglas Booker, T. Washington, WB du bois. These are civil rights icons of the past who knew that immigration was being done to target us. It was a way to try to replace us. During that time, it was white immigrants coming from Ireland and Italy. You know what's funny, We sometimes helped these groups when they came over here, and those groups turned against group, and they turned against Some of the worst race riots in the American history were done by Italian and Irish immigrants. Now we have people coming here from all over, but a lot of from Latin America and Asia, but nowadays increasingly from the African continent. Of course, we have people coming from the Caribbean. We sometimes have this attitude where we want to show solidarity with all these other groups. They don't reciprocate and do that for us. In California, for example, I'll give you two examples. A lot of black freemen have left California. They're moving to Texas, they're moving to up to other places in the South. So now you have these Mexican gangs who are targeting black families and running them out. Sometimes these families are freemen. Sometimes these are other black people from Latin America, from Spanish Speakan countries. They're targeting them and trying to run them out. In California, the largest civil lawsuit in California's history were fouled by Black Americans by freedmen who were being harassed on their jobs by Hispanics. But they were being harassed by Hispanics on their jobs, being called the inn wards, having bananas put in their locker rooms. A number three California. Again the group of Mexican American representatives. Y'all probably remember. This happened like two years ago. They were in a back room, it was recorded.
Speaker 1: I remember.
Speaker 4: I remember, just like some white Southerners in the Jim Crow South about how they wanted to deprive a Hispanic woman. Yep, it was a Hispanic woman. Two men. They want to deprived the black voters of their political power. One guy said, f that guy, or one lady, F that guy. He's with the blacks. So these but we think these are friends. Though we think these are friends, and then.
Speaker 1: You know he's allies.
Speaker 2: But yeah, we can't speak for a whole group of people, right.
Speaker 4: No, you can't.
Speaker 1: But my thing is this the ones in position of power.
Speaker 4: Exactly if you don't like me on the street, I don't care. You have individuals who make decisions, and that's their individual decision. But you can look at how people move as a group. As a group, we as freedmen, whether you know we have African ancestry or Native American ancestry. We tend to stand up for other people when we fight. We tend to always try to think about other people. And that may be a good quality we have, but it's problematic because these other groups don't do it for us. Point out one group, one group, ethnic group, or as a political group that when they stand up, they fight for us. Point out one group that's going hard for reparation.
Speaker 1: Not right now, but in history. So this is why I had such a problem with the they eating the cats and eating the dogs. And I mean we we say things about another group that your cat might end up missing, right, not necessarily hations, but I know for a fact Haitians fought alongside us during the Galla Geech You Wars and things like that. So those are those are our people as far as I'm concerned the Caribbean Islands, I'm not really talking about across across, but at least the islands, at least I believe that we are usually on the same page for the most part, Black Americans and Caribbeans.
Speaker 4: We well, here's what I will say. I will say that we have allies from some of these different groups. You have the same. We have individuals who are not for us, who have individuals who have been for us. The Galla geech, you wars and the connection. I'm not familiar with that, but that's something I can always look up because I do love history. But what I can say is when groups come here one thing. Other groups have the position, they have the ability to do that. We for some reason, have laws, they have the ability to advocate for themselves. You can google right now Haitian American organizations. You will find hundreds of them. Now if you just google black organization. This is why sometimes saying black is a problem. You will find organizations that were started for us, but we include everyone, and that's a problem. If these other groups can do things specifically for them. We need to get to the point where, hey, this is not hate, but this is specifically fuss And I'm not apologizing for it being specifically fussed. And that's why I've been embraced encouraging us to use the term freedman. Yes, that still doesn't mean our race is not black. Yes, but black is not gonna get us anywhere legally, because the moment we try to do legislation for black people it's gonna get shot down. You could not do legislation based on race in America, it will be a violation of the thirteenth Commitment. However, you can do legislation based on status. That's why they have policies and programs for immigrants, because that is a status. That's why they have policies and programs for people who may have mental illness. That's a status. That's why when the Intern Japanese who received reparations in the nineteen eighties, they did it for them, not because they were Japanese, but because they were the status or the class of Japanese people who are formally in turn. I mean, I speak about that real quick. A lot of people like to say, well, the reason they haven't done reparations for freedom is because the people who went through the wrong are dead. They've been dead for a long time, and we are their children, great grandchildren, great great children. But that's a lie because when they did reparations for the Intern Japanese that happened in the nineteen forties where they were thrown into concentration War two, right World War two, reparation for them did not happened into the nineteen eighties. Nineteen eighty eight, and they didn't start paying them until nineteen ninety two or something like that. A lot of them had died by then. Do you know what happened with the money that was old to them? It went to their children, remember I mentioned it.
Speaker 2: More. Furthermore, the trauma and the debt was passed down exactly.
Speaker 4: We inherit the trauma and the debt. The downwinders, the people who are poisoned by nuclear radiation, they're collecting checks right now. Their children gets it, their grandchildren gets it because, as you said to them, they have found that they have inherited physical defects, physical elements of the radiation poisoning. Well, if they can inherit harm from things that were done to them, so had we from things that have been done to us for three hundred years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the ability not to unify and galvanized like that. They literally have us that divided because of slavery.
Speaker 4: You know, I think we unite pretty well, but we don't. We can do it better. We can unite better, and I don't think we unite around the right things. For example, I go back to this, how we automatically vote for the Democrats. I don't think we should automatically vote for anybody. I don't care. It was the Republicans. We used to be mainly Republicans, and then we left the Republican Party because we felt they were not doing right by us. And now we're doing with the Democrats what we used to do with the Republicans. We'll automatically voting for them. Even though it started to decline, and I think that's a good thing. We are starting to say you don't deserve my vote if you want it to earn it. I think we unite pretty well because when you look at how freeminting the vote, a lot of us don't. Sometimes like fifty over fifty six percent of us will not vote at all. But when we vote, it will usually go to the Democrats. That's us uniting, but for the wrong reason. Now we can unite like that and vote for people who are going to look out for us and fight for us. We can do pretty well. And you know, we would not have survived this nation if we were not unified. Think about it, this nation. After slavery ended, they tried to wipe us out. They felt there was no need for us any longer. And yet in spite of them constantly terrorizing us. In spite of them doing all the horrific, inhumane things they did to us, we were able to build not one, not two, not three, not four, not five, but multiple Black wall streets. Even though they were destroyed, we built them. We were able to start organizations like the Black Panthers that are now iconic worldwide. So I think we have united in spite of the facts that they do maneuver to keep us divided. Like one thing they try to do that I don't like. They try to do this whole gender divide all the black man versus the black women.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's real prevalent right now, you don't feel that way about never mind, it's real prevalent exactly.
Speaker 4: And I don't play those games. I feel that we need to unite over common interests. If y'all were two white ladies, I can care less if y'all were down for me getting reparations, and y'all felt that because I've talked to white people, white Southerners, y'all know, white South Carolinians. Some of them are, you know, the ones that we have especially down and not right, the good old boys. But I've spoken to some of them who were vehemently against reparations. But once I sat down and I showed them that one America has done it multiple times again, Interi, Japanese, many many, many Native American tribes, the Waymnians, the Iranian Hostages, the down Winders. When I sit down and break it down for them like that, I said, now tell me why have they not done it for the freemen? And some of them say, well, because all the ones who went to the wrong right dead. I'll say, no, they've done it for the descendants of other groups. Why have they done it? Fuss?
Speaker 1: Do you think it's a situation where you have to correct your status? Because I think about US census, right, the options on there. They just took Negro off in early two thousand or two thousand, right, but leg Negro was stolen in the US centenus. But now it's black African American freedman isn't on there no right? So where would how would somebody correct their their legal status in America? Because we talk about sovereign citizenship, would we need to correct our status to be freedman in order to you know, try to organize a bit to get reparations because we're not a.
Speaker 4: Nation so freedman is not a racial ethnic identify, but we can make one. We can say, like I've pushed for a term called American freedman, because freeman, whether they have them cences or not, we're still freemen. They still can't take that from us. If the Freeman's Bureau, if they were to break back the Freeman's Bureau right now, which is something I've spoken with of our FK Junior, the one that's running was running for office, but he since dropped out. I've spoken with people from Donald Trump's team about that they can bring back the Freeman's Bureau right now. And if they were to do that, those of us who are freemen, we will qualify for programs. So the freeman's status exists, whether they put on the census or not. However, you do make a good point. We do feel that's an issue, like they need to have a way to delineate us from other black groups, like you'll see on there they may have Haitian, you know, they are black Puerto Ricans. There's black Brazilions, black Panamanians. We need to have something that says that, hey, we are the descendants of those who are emancipated for American slavery. We absolutely do need that. And the other thing I want to get back to how I speak with white South Carolinians when they realize that America spends trillions of dollars all the time, a lot of it on foreign nations, taking care of the legal immigrants on the Pentagon, the military budget, bailing out corporations. And when I tell them, look at some of these immigrants, legal and ilegal, they send billions of dollars out the country to other nations, their homelands. Freemen, we are Americans. This is our country. This is our country here, this is our home land. We're native to the United States of America. When we get money, it goes right back into this economy here. A lot of them will say, you know what, I can't argue gainst anything you have said, so a big like what we're doing right now, A lot of things that need to be done on educational and guess what we need to do with our people. We need to have a massive educational initiative because I do think a lot of our people agree reparations. And I do think our allies, like our brothers and sisters, who are true brothers and sisters, because you may have fam members you don't mess with. I have fam members, I don't mess with. You know, blood is not really thicker than water. Actually, I have FAMI members. I don't mess with. I don't claim. But to our family out there, who may be from Latin America, the Caribbean, the African Continent, Europe, even other parts of the world, to the other black groups out there who are truly our brothers and sisters, they will support it as well. But I've had people who are aging white people, people who are Native American who have now since supported reparations or they don't argue against it anymore, and they were strongly against it when they first heard it. Because the same way we have misunderstandings about reparations. You can imagine like a white person probably watches like Bright bart or Fox News all day. Even so, there's a lot of educational work that has to be done.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this. So let's say the federal government decided to give Freeman reparations, what would we ask for? What would that look like?
Speaker 4: In your opinion, so it would be direct cash trayments. That's the main thing that a lot of people say. Every money. A lot of people like to say, well, it should be free education. It should be That's.
Speaker 1: Why I lean towards because we don't have the financial literacy yet.
Speaker 2: That's what I was about to say. We give them the money, and then I got a truck full of new ports. Baby.
Speaker 4: Let's say I get my reparations and I spent all on new clothes. It's my money. Maybe you won't like it, but it's my money. Because let me tell you what didn't happen. When they gave the Holocaust survivors who still get their checks today, no one sits down with them and says, tell me how you're going to spend this. They just get it and they spend it. When the intern Japanese got their money, no one sat down with them and say, well, how are you going to spend this? They just spent it. When the Native Americans get their tribal budgets, and some of them get money directly from their tribal governments, no one asks them how they're going to spend it.
Speaker 1: Some of them immigrants right now getting them big checks, and somebody, and.
Speaker 4: I'm not saying I condone that, but even if a black person freeman gets their money and they spend all the new ports or Hannessy or whatever technical stuff. And our people say, that's their parents, that's their money. Because you know what happens. I've seen white millionaires who have died and they've left millions of dollars to their poodle. Okay, you can reclick. Lady left millions of dollars to her poodle. Okay. People, you know who's the worst people with money? People who have money already when the economy of America crashes. We don't run these airlines, we don't run these banks, we don't run these major housing firms. And yet look, every time the economy crashes is usually because those large corporations have misappropriated and misspit money. It's not black people doing that. Those are usually white Americans who come from families that have good money. So if anyone is terrible with money, it's usually people who have a lot of it. The people who have been best with money have usually been freemen who have had the least amount of it for a old the most. And here's proof to that, y'all can go right now, Black Americans, freemen, we are the biggest savers with the most rug with our money. I'm not saying we should have to be in order to get our reparations. Even if we were bad with money, we're still old. But the data shows we save more than almost any other group. And you know another thing I love about us, We are the most charitable. This is proof Black Americans are the most philanthropic. Of all groups we give, we have the least and yet yeah, at the air studies show we give the most of our money to help other people. That's a good thing. That's what I love about us.
Speaker 1: Church. Church.
Speaker 4: Yeah, study excluded the church, and I thought that too. I was most of that is the church. But one study actually excluded tithing tithes, and it actually so even outside of that, we still give the most. But I also want to say it should be money. But if people say, well what about land, what about free education, what about tax price, give me all that too. Yeah, it should be it. Give me all of that money, and it's going to be in shortance.
Speaker 2: Give us back all the black wall streets as we do all that.
Speaker 4: My plan calls for a direct cash famous in the amount of two point eight million dollars per recipient. It calls for bringing back the Freeman's buo. You know, I I'm conservative in the sense that I like small government. So if we had our own small government that could respond to our needs. Like Native Americans have their tribal governments that are for their particular tribe. We are almost like a tribe. We are a special class in America. We need to have our own quote unquote tribal government. So I want to bring back the Freeman's Borough, which will be staffed by US, and the people who are in that part of that agency, who are running it, they will be held accountable by us. My plan calls for bringing having Freemen's Banks, Freeman Hospitals, Freeman Post Office, Freemen's schools. Like listening to Clydburger, which forth we should have Gulagichi schools all throughout the low country. That's something that Kyle Wernk is easy to make the Galla Gichi or put forth legislation. It may not pass, but you know what you fight for, what you really want. Even if those five times, I'm gonna try five more times, I'm gonna keep trying five digital times. We'll have our own Freeman schools. I call for us to have. I have a Black Wall Street program in mind where I would like to incentivize us to move back to the South, because the South is for those of us who are freemen in America. The South is really like our cultural homeland. And we will get back to farming because we need to be able to feed ourselves. That's not the only thing, you know, Like look at Ridgeland, look at you know, yah, I see a porky Taligo. A lot of the small towns right in South Carolina. We can make these small towns, we can shake them in our vision. A lot of us leave them and go to places like Atlanta, Charlotte. We can take these small towns and make them into our vision, make them into the black wall streets. That's what our ancestors did. If they can do it in the eighteen hundreds, we sure can do it now in the twenty twenties. I also want to say, on the point, on the point of money, we start more new businesses than any other group. When those stimulants checks came out, re first of all, was a very small amount of money.
Speaker 1: And not many black people tapped into it. Is like like people like to say, we did not get it.
Speaker 4: We got no. We received the least amount of the stimulus money. However, those of us who did, and there's cost, there's plenty of studies into us. We started more new businesses than any other racial ethnic group. So we are still our ancestors' children. We have just forgotten and to some extent, fighting for something that answers has fought for. Our ancestors knew that this mass immigration was not good for them. They knew it, and that's why they fought against it. That's why Coreta Scott came. You know, people have don mansw King drip of coredit. Scott came is an icon her own right. She was against mass immigration. She wrote a letter to Congress saying that it would bring down the quality of life for Americans, especially black Americans, said would bring down their wages. Barbara Jordan of Texas, she was against mass immigration. Our ancestors knew, and these aren't answers, these are just our parents, our grandparents. They knew, and this is the eighties and nineties, that mass immigration was not good for us. Our ancestors knew that we had to be self interested. We can help out these other groups if we choose to. But if they weren't helping us, hell with them. But first and foremost, we had to help ourselves. We have to get back to remembering those things. We cannot be tricked into this whole. We are all one because we're not. These other groups are not saying that. We're the only ones saying that here we are to the bottom half the least. It ain't no one checking for us once they get theirs right.
Speaker 1: How do you feel about FBA in their rhetoric.
Speaker 4: I use that term. I use that term quite often. It's pretty much a social term for pretty much saying that you are a descendant of the people who aren't slaved. It's some of the people who built America. So I agree with that and pretty much.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry to interject, but can you define.
Speaker 1: What were the letters foundational foundational Black American?
Speaker 4: Okay, yes, to subscribe to that. It's pretty much what I'm saying now is just a social term. Freeman is a legal term that's legally recognized. We don't use it a lot. We're getting back to it. You know what's funny. South Carolina is the state that had the first Freeman's Bureau outside of d C. South Carolina is also the state that had the first Freeman's mak Right there in Beuford, not far from me. But foundational Black America is pretty much the same. Philosophy is just the social term, you know, it's not a legal term. And what we're saying is we have to delineate we are not as much as I. You know, I have friends from all over. As much as I may like Casians or Jamaicans or whatever, or Trinidadians or Beijians or Ethiopians or Nigeria's or the NaNs or you know, Puerto Ricans or Cubans, they're not me. You may be black from those countries, but you're not black like me. We are different. I am a freeman. You are not. I am old a particular debt payment from this nation. You are not. If that bothers anyone, then that means you are a problem. Because why I would never go to Cuba and say that Spain owes me something, because of what they've historically done to Cubans. I want to go to Rwanda right now, Rwanda, the Democratic public of Congo. They're saying to Belgium, Belgium, you owe us. I will be extremely out of place if I went to Rwanda and Democratic public of Congo and start saying how dare y'all. Y'all are divisive? Belgium owes me too. No, I don't. I'm not a Rwanda. I'm not a citizen democratic public of Congo. Even though I moved there and I physically look like some of the people, I still don't have the same claim that they have. Namibia, another African nation, Germany, they're pushing for reparations. They're like nine tribes in Namibia. Two tribes are pushing for reparations from Germany. Germany paid it to the government. Now the tribe is finding the government saying that money belongs to us. No one's calling those tribes divisive because they didn't think about the seven other tribes. No, because they acknowledged this tribe went through something in particular and they have a special debt that's old to them. So what foundations Black Americans are saying unapologetically is that we are the people who were crucial in building this nation. We are old by this nation, and we are not going to be forced team and just having a generic black identity, what is black? You know that we're not all black the same. We used to get offended when white people would say, oh, you're just one Nigro, all Nippos. All you see one Nipper, you've seen them all. Imagine that's offensive. Imagine going to a Chinese person saying you're no different from a Korean person. You're no different from a Chinese person. You're the different a Filipino. They will be offended. So a why do people think it's okay to go to a freeman, a black American and say, oh, you're no different from a Haitian. You're no different from a Colombian. You're no different from a Jamaican. You're no different from a Cameronian Cameroonian. That is offensive. We are not all the same. That doesn't mean we hate each other. But I'm not apologizing for acknowledging that we are a unique group, what a unique history.
Speaker 2: Period and basically, you beat our ass, give us our cash.
Speaker 4: As far as the Haitians go, because I talk with Haitian, they'll say, oh, well, the Haitian revolutions set it all all. I have to correct that that's not true. You mentioned the Gola Geeche wars. I'm glad you mentioned that. Aging we had free settlements here in America before the Haitian Revolution. We had the settlements in Florida before h revolution happened. That's why people from South Carolina were running, were escaped, went down to Spanish control Florida, and we set up free settlements there. That caused people from South Carolina and Georgia to start feeding down the Florida and that's what led to the yama See or the Gladichi wars. So we are a group that's always stood up and fought for what's old to us, and we've always realized this is a special debt old to us. And that's what financial Black Americans saying that this is our nation. We built it, and we have a special claim that's old to us, and we love our our allies. What you're not going to do is come here and then you can dictate to us how we are to operate. That's not going to happen period. Right, So.
Speaker 1: This is one little question. You don't think it would be easier if we start from like Jim Crow Negro laws redlining. If we start from that period alone, it would probably be easier for us to put your reparations no going all the way back to slavery, because I think the having to try to calculate who gets reparations is going to continue to be the issue. And if black people don't know who they are in America, we're never gonna get all these niggas on one accord to do that.
Speaker 4: Well, I would say, look at what's going on with the surviving the survivors of the Tulsa Wall Street massacre. They're still alive right now. We know those people went through the Wall Street, Black Wall Street massacre and Toast Oklahoma, and yet they're refusing to pay them. Okay, like literally, these people survive the bombing of Black Wall Street and there are many Black Wall Streets, that's the most popular one in tolds to Oklahoma, and they're not getting paid. So I would like to say that it would be easier, but we already have examples right now. We have My mother and father went through Jim Crow went through red lining. I'm sure y'all, there's tens of millions of Black Americans right now, freemen who went through Jim Cored red lining. People know who they are. If it would be easier, they can pay them right now. But the funny thing is slavery was really not that long ago. I don't know. I have a commercial called Nana. If you follow me on ax, I posted it like last year, you could even just go to my Twitter account and type of Nana. I did a commercial for my nana. Nana Steam Washington Brown, my great grandmother. She died in twenty fifteen at one hundred and one. She was raised by a man who wasn't slaved. His name was Willie Simmons. He was enslaved in Beaufort, South Carolina. Okay, he died like in I think the nineteen twenties. He wasn't slaved. He helped to raise Nana. Nana helped to raise me. Nana just died fifteen, one hundred and one. So I literally grew up in the same house with a woman who was raised by a man who wasn't slaved. So when people like especially on white people, say, oh, that was a long time ago, it really wasn't. We literally have some people right now, old elders who were who literally grew up at a time where they were surrounded by people who were just formally enslaved and just coming off the plantation. But on that note, there, you know jd. Vance, the guy Trump picked for vice president. He probably won't admit this now, but In an interview, he said that he saw how white people in his area, you know, those former coal mining areas that are kind of economically depressed. Now, he said, he has seen how the government can cause harm to entire groups of people. He said, so lately he's been thinking more about reparations that black people, and his words have been calling for, he said, for Jim Crown redlining. So if people want to say, well, let's do reparation for Jim Corn red lining, Okay, yeah, let's do that, I'm still gonna just say that. I'm still gonna fight for the ones from there to slavery. But I'm not gonna stop though, with the one of slavery. You know why though, because the debt began with slavery. So people like to say, well, black immigrants should be a part of reparations because some of them were here during Jim Coren red lining. Okay, yeah, but they came after the debt was already old. The moment slavery ended in America was the moment America should have paid us. The moment they did it right away, that's from reparations. That's when the debt was old. They just made the debt compound because they didn't pay us. So people So when some people say, well some black immigrants were here doing germ core in red lining, well, first of all, they chose to come, second of all, and number two deaths. They came, but the debt was already old to us. They came after the debt had already began and it was just starting to compound because America has yet to pay us. I mean, I say, one more thing we gotta lose. This defeats mentality too. That's another reason why yet we people say that ain't never going to happen. Anyone who says that they are freemen, you are an embarrassment to yourself. You're an embarrassment. They told our people slavery will never They said, this is how it's going to be. Slavery's not going to end. Get over it. And we fought back, and slavery ended. They said Jim Crow would never end, and Jim Crow ended. We're still going to the legacy of Jim Crow. But it did end. So any freeman out there saying we're never gonna get reparations and you are of the lineage, that's an embarrassment. You ought to be ashamed. Of yourself. So what do we do?
Speaker 1: What is the solution now? What do we do now, just even just starting with the three of us, what do we do now to push reparations forward for the next election.
Speaker 4: Well, what we do now is we educate people. Like we've been like having these conversations. People think that that doesn't make a difference. It's a victims I thought. My thing is, we do need to run for office, or find people who will run for office. We do need to support those people. That means help fundraise for them. That means knock on doors for them, call people for them, mail out flyers for them. We have to have people in power who are going to actually write the legislation and fight to get it passed. People may say it what, it's never going to pass. No, it's never going to pass. We have even bringing up the pass. We have to get people in office in power. But my mother told me, and my father told me too, you're skipping an important step. You have to educate people. And at first I thought, Okay, no, no, no no, somebody just gotta run for office. I gotta win and I'll get up there.
Speaker 2: And I do it.
Speaker 4: They were right, before you can even get to that part. You really do have to educate people. So the first thing is educate our people about what we're old. Who it goes to. It can be done, because it has been done before, is being done right now, and for how the people in power right now can do it, but they're choosing not to, and that's why they need to go. Number Two, we need to consider running for office, or at least being on teams of people who are running for office and pushing them in the direction whatever going to stand up for us. Number Three, if people are not standing up for we need to call them out. You know, one of the things that put me on people's radar originally before I even thought about running, was I confronted James Clyburn. I confronted him about his majority black district having the highest eviction rate. North Charleston has the highest e victory rate in America. Black women are the most likely to be put out on this street. James Clyburn's district has one of the lowest wages in America. It has one of the highest percentages of people making just seven dollars fifty cents per hour to almost any other place in America. We have issues with clean water in North Charleston. Again, Florence, South Carolina didn't mark South Carolina places that have issues with water quality his district. We all know about the Corridor of Shame where I live. That's a network of poor, majority black rural communities where the quality of education is awful and the level of poverty is sky high.
Speaker 1: And at the prison in the middle of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we got a lot of prisons. But James Clivern the most powerful members of Congress. This man has power. He gets Republicans to sign on to legislation all the time that they did not like. He's able to make deals. He can make deals for everyone else. The Cataba Native Americans, who are a tribe in the mountains of South Carolina and North Carolina. They were former and slavers. Not only were the Kataba Native Americans former and slavers, they were also slave hunters and they were bruted. James Cliburn when he first got into office, he had a reparations bill passed for them, and the bill says for them to get special protections, recognition, justice, and rights.
Speaker 1: Exactly want I got to google what they look like? Is I bet you they don't look like?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Right now, right, he haven't see Native Americans who look like us here. They get nothing. Those poor damnagon naive Americans have to go to the beautif Town Council and stuff and fight like hell all the time just for basic recognition that they still don't get. So James Cliburn can do all of this for other groups. He's up. They're stumping hard for illegal immigrants. Okay, when that shooting happened in Atlanta, that was really some weird guy going to some ASI and he was sitting there calling for that Asian hate crime Bell. They'd like to say it wasn't just an asient. Yes, the hell that was. That's who they did it.
Speaker 1: For, and they got money in that package. Is We actually talked about it on.
Speaker 4: This but when the shooting happened, James Clapper didn't say a single word about hatred of black Americans and how it's been done for Central media to hate Crime Bell. So you see you say that he gets away with it. How we are not running up on hell and I'm not advocating for balance and may be very clear because he will play that game and they will play that game. But we need to be running up on these people. We need to be saying, Hey, hold on, how dare you advocate for aging to get special protection but your own people have been a lynch gun now and mascolized nation for centuries and we don't have a single bill specifically for us. How dare you advocate for the Gataba navor Americans who are forming enslavers to get reparations but the freemen and yes they are, Yes, there are. How did he do the video with viral and someone is not that account is seriously got banned from Twitter, so I started this one that I have now, but the video is still floating around. He pretty much responded with some emotional language about these are my ancestors too, and don't you dare question that these are my answers. Emotionalism. You know how they say what lawyers do when they're losing an argument, They pound the table, they get emotional to try to distract from the fact that they lost the argument. That's what he did. But I wouldn't let him do it. And I kept pressing them about how his record of advocating for all these other groups but not advocating for us, And I pressed them about how desperately poor his majority black district is, which is why a lot of black people are leaving his district.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think a lot a lot of the older people need to go ahead and step down, and a lot of the new ones, a lot of the new younger politicians, they don't really want to make you give this. They just want us close up proximity to white power.
Speaker 4: Inact, they want to be able to take photos. It's go on Instagram and talk about how successful they are. They do it to flex on us. You see the problem with some of our people, if you want to call them that, They don't advance in power for us. They advance in power to look down on us. They advance in power so they can have lunches with a person of this elevated position. They advance in power so they can be able to get access to the areas where they formally did not have. They do it for them in their own advancement. They don't do it for our advancement. And that's the problem right there. I haven't gained a single thing from this. Matter of fact, I've suffered some backlashes, but I'm finding back obviously. But I knew even who it was going through it, even when I have had. My MO was a discouragement that I'm not doing it for me. I'm doing it for us. And let me be very clear, I can't stand a lot of us. I'm going to be very very clear, but it's not about whether I like us or not. It's about love of the justice and what has not been done for us. And I can't say I truly love justice where my own people have yet to get it, and I'm going around here looking out for myself. That's not right.
Speaker 1: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: Amen? Amen?
Speaker 1: Who this was really good.
Speaker 2: This is an excellent conversation. I learned so much. I can honestly say I was very apprehensive about having a politician on. I'm like, oh, this nigga about to come and say that's how I feel. But we got to protect you at all colors. Okay you do. I support everything you're saying, and I appreciate you so much.
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you so much.
Speaker 4: We thank y'all so much for having me here, and y'all take care.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, don't leave yet. But want you to plug yourself. Tell people where they can find you, tell people where they can learn more, where they can support you.
Speaker 4: Well. My website, Marcel, which people spell difference. I'm just gonna spell it mr Cel for Congress dot Com. It has on there. If you want to leave the nation, you made the campaign that's coming to us in But you know, right now, I'm really doing a big push to try to get people out there because visibility matters. I'm running third party. I'm running with the United Citizens Party, which was a party founded by Freeman here in South Carolina in the nineteen sixties. So visibility is every day. So I'm trying to get the word out so if anyone belaves the nation, I'll be great. But also on Twitter, which is Marcel the number four Congress, and you can find a lot of my videos on there before I ran for office. Now that I'm running for office, you can just see a lot of my advocacy and a lot of my educational work, because truth be told, that's really what this is. This is really an educational work. You educate people, to motivate people, to activate people.
Speaker 2: I love it. It needs to be on a T shirt.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I really does.
Speaker 1: Aren't y'all vote for future Congressman Marcel Dixon.
Speaker 4: Y'all?
Speaker 1: If you enjoy this episode, y'all tune in every Thursday on the Black Effect iHeartRadio app. Oh why but the fuck you get your podcasts that? This is your co host AJ Holiday two point zero on Instagram.
Speaker 2: Kick it Tam, y'all, It's official, Tam bam. I love y'all so much. Remember speak now.
Speaker 1: And never hold them checks us government, never hold your vote that part. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts or whatever you listen to your favorite shows