Speaker 1: Looking for a mortgage bank to help you make your next major mortgage move, whether it's a refi or home purchase, regardless of whether it's your first one or one of many, consider our friends at Stockton Mortgage, but don't just take our word for it.
Speaker 2: Stockton Mortgage has over seventy thousand five star reviews and counting, just like this review from Joshua, who says this about his experience with Stockton. They were super professional, always answered my questions I had, and streamlined the process. I could not ask for better people to help me and my family get our first house. I feel blessed to be able to go through them. Be like Joshua or the sixty nine nine hundred ninety nine others just like him, and get started with Stockton Mortgage today by going to Stockton dot com and get started. I've even used Stockton Mortgage myself on my own home loan. For your home loan needs, Stockton dot com and click get started Stockton Mortgage MLS eight two five nine, Equal Housing Lender NMLS, Consumer Access dot Org.
Speaker 3: Welcome to our of Kentucky Sports Radio presented by Stockton Mortgage. Now Here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 2: All right, Welcome back our number two, Ryan Drew and Shannon Matt will be back on Monday. So this is the last show without him before he returns from his fellowship over in Amsterdam. Kind of anxious to hear all the stories, and we've seen some pictures he's posted. Kind of went to a wild street party. It looked like the other night he was at.
Speaker 4: The darts one of the world Darts I don't know what they call it. That looked like a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: Went to street party, was like an arena for darts.
Speaker 4: He got a media credential. I wonder if her name dropped ESPN and got back there to.
Speaker 2: Cover darts place was going crazy.
Speaker 4: Of all the things that he's gonna come back and tell us, I'm most interested in the darts event. That's something I would have done if I were over there.
Speaker 2: I mean they were going crazy like you do at a soccer event over overseas in Europe. So makes kind of hear all these stories and talk about I don't know what he can and can't talk about the fellowship part, but even hearing the stories about that, it'll be cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're over there making sure he's hiding all the secrets like the Denver Airport and things like that.
Speaker 2: Uh, okay, before we go back to the phone lines, I got a couple questions for you for me, you and Shannon.
Speaker 4: Okay. Uh.
Speaker 2: Google apparently released like their most asked question in every state, most searched athlete in every state, things like that. So what do you think was the most asked, most googled question in the state of Kentucky for last year. For twenty twenty four, the most googled question?
Speaker 4: M M, it's a tough one. You got any guesses? Shannon?
Speaker 3: I'm sure it has something to do with Kentucky basketball. So is Travis Perry goanna play to night?
Speaker 4: Where does Mark Pope live?
Speaker 5: That's a good one.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to get something Pope related.
Speaker 2: It's not UK related related, it's not Arkansas related. Is it sports related? It is not sports related?
Speaker 5: Wow, I don't know what.
Speaker 2: There was a big event in twenty twenty four involving a couple of politicians.
Speaker 5: Oh well, you know the election?
Speaker 4: Yeah, the election election?
Speaker 2: The most Google question? Where is my voting booth? Where's my voting Okay? Sense and way off with the no. But I'm one to present with you guys. I didn't think it could be anything like that, but apparently that was the most googled question in Kentucky. Where's my voting location? All right? Who do you think was the most searched Kentucky athlete last year in twenty twenty four?
Speaker 4: Like, they're at Kentucky the school or they're from Kentucky is pretty broad?
Speaker 2: Could be either or Uh, I'm.
Speaker 4: Gonna say Dan Issel because that one guy tried to kill him off.
Speaker 2: Trent Noah sand you got a guess.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go Travis Perry again, doubling down.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll give you some hints. There was a big, huge worldwide sporting event.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, okay, uh Sidney mcglaughy.
Speaker 2: Yes, Sidney mcglock was the most googled athlete, the Connor from Kentucky because she played one year here.
Speaker 4: I like Shannon's. Is Travis Perry gonna play that had been?
Speaker 5: That's a question we get all the time.
Speaker 2: Now here's another one that blew me away. The most googled sporting event in the state of Kentucky in twenty twenty four chicken fighting. That's a good gift. That's a real good gift.
Speaker 5: Most googled sporting event.
Speaker 3: Uh huh, I'm sure it's way off. Like it's not Kentucky basketball, It's not Kentucky football derby.
Speaker 2: No, that's what I would have thought. That was my guess.
Speaker 4: Kentucky baseball.
Speaker 3: No, was there like a Little League World Series or something.
Speaker 2: No, it wasn't just in the state of Kentucky. This is the most googled question. It was like almost every every state. The Olympics wasn't the Olympics either. I think this is going to surprise you too. It's surprised the heck out of me. That's why I wanted to bring it up. The Logan Paul Mike Tyson fight. Really, Yes, that's embarrassing, and if you remember, probably a lot of it was because is it They had technical malfunctions like it stopped broadcasting a lot of money, and I've bet a lot of people were probably getting online about that trying to complain about it. But yeah, that was like in almost every state. That was the most asked, most googled sporting event.
Speaker 4: What's uh, what's Ryan's most recent or most googled question? Let's do it.
Speaker 2: Okay, here's my last Uh, well, I can do all of them. The last one. I just googled Cincinnati Reds because I wanted to see if they won last night.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: And then there's mycarepack dot com. That's how I funnel money to my kid. It's in jail Recent alien sightings, because we're gonna have an alien topic today segment today KHSA scoreboard. I don't know why that is so high on Mike. I haven't looked at that in a while. UK Baseball, Mavericks, UK Men's basketball, NBA Playoffs, John Scott, UK. So my search history is not too bad. Yeah, that's probably what it's from. I actually had to do show prep.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm looking at mine. It's mostly Transfer Portal people, Fernando's Food Truck, and Lexton. I had to check out their menu used today.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: PGA two K twenty five Standard edition. You know, a wild day for me yesterday? It must have been things up. I was hoping i'd have something a little more a little more entertaining, But I guess I'm a pretty boring googler.
Speaker 2: Shannon, what about you?
Speaker 3: So is this just Google? Because I don't know how to pull up just Google. I'll just tell you. I'll just share my my history of websites I've been on. I've checked my email today. I got body dot com, my beach body stuff I do. College football makes rule change about the you know, the injury of the fake injury. I googled this morning Kentucky Wildcat basketball. I guess I was looking at the roster because we were talking about that on the pre show this morning.
Speaker 5: And then DeAndre Liggins and all the places that he's played.
Speaker 2: Because we had him on the show yesterday, we got all the show prep we've done. That's right now. The question is if we did this next week after Matt's here, I guarantee our search issue is gonna be a lot different. We're actually trying to research stuff you get ready for the show today this week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And speaking of Wiggans, I spent the day just doing more DeAndre Leggins, just videos, memories. I said on there, I enjoyed that interview, but I just had like a whole DeAndre Liggins appreciation. Afternoon after the show, I had forgotten. Someone reminded us that after they beat West Virginia the second the year after West Virginia talking about he was yelling do the John Wall Now. Yeah, watched that Yeah, I found lots of old DeAndre clips. That was a good blast from the past. Having him on yesterday and going back down that timeline, I'd forgotten a lot of that era.
Speaker 2: Sadly, well, you'd posted him hitting that big three against North Carolina that time.
Speaker 4: We all remember that, but some of the other stuff too. But I was great hearing from him yesterday.
Speaker 2: You could look like Coach Pope and a couple of the guys were in Glasgow yesterday yep uh doing the room and cutting for the Boys and Girls Club in Glasgow.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 2: Kelly Kraft I think was there and Coach Pope and a couple of players.
Speaker 4: Trent Noah and Brandon Garrison. Pope. Man, he just doesn't stop moving, Hyle. You know some people on Twitter were like, well, shouldn't we be looking at the portal wise at this if the Crafts want you to be at the Glasgow opening, you were gonna be at the Glasgow because we were portaling with the Craft's money. So I'm glad he went to that and hearing from people in that area, it's a big deal having him there. I don't know if Travis and Brandon Garrison spoke or anything, but it was cool that they made the trip to.
Speaker 2: It's just good to see that connection come back to the fans, you know, doing some little things like that to get that connection back with your fan base. After our previous coach, it was kind of fractured for a couple of years.
Speaker 4: And I assume he took air travel and that was a quick trip and they didn't didn't impact recruiting. If anything, it was not positive for recruiting.
Speaker 2: The joe Craft helicopter or the plane or the plane going down there. So and I'd also want to mention this is over on your side of the state. I didn't realize this until I got a note last night McClain County. The flooding has been so bad over there at the school. They're not even back to school yet, they've had to cancel all their sporting events. Had whole idea they were still suffering that bad over McLean County.
Speaker 4: I didn't know that either. Sadly, I hate to hear that Phoenix is from McLean County who was on KSRO last week, And then that's pretty close to owens Bro. It's kind of in between us there, so we both know that area very well well.
Speaker 2: Apparently it's so bad. The schools are a lot most of the schools are still out. I had to cancel all their sporting events, so they're really trying to struggle and pick things back up. It's kind of gone unreported, I think a little bit. They're still struggling so bad. We think of the flooding in eastern Kentucky, but it just has been bad in western Kentucky over this last round.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you know, Frankfurt Louis will get a lot of the headlines being the bigger cities and Buffalo Trace being under but there are a lot of small communities still dealing with it, like McLean County. Yeah, I hear that.
Speaker 2: I did a registery on Buffalo Trace there. They're getting back to their productions hasn't been in stalled, but that whole backside at mud Slide they lost, to think, couple some offices and things. They they're still really dealing with that over there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the waters down, there's still a lot of damage. That was to me stood out because I had just been there a few weeks before, and then like the the Blanton's bottling building right going there and they're doing it by hand. I had just been in there and then you see in the water is above the entrance. That was a kind of surreal sight.
Speaker 2: Well, they're lucky it didn't wasn't worse than it was. You know that hill slide. That much life starts falling down here, it's a wonderstanding that more of it didn't fall down into the river. It kind of got lucky.
Speaker 5: The other I think could have been.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it could have been a lot worse, but still really bad. In Louisville, there's houses that are just like on the side of these big like I don't know if you would call them a cliff, but basically there's houses in Louisville that are just feet away from falling into a river. So we're dealing with that even here in louisill from the flooding just a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 2: So here, you know, you, life kind of moves on for most of us, but a lot of people still dealing with it. So if you can find a way to help out these people, I'm sure they would very much appreciate it. I gotta tell you this, join Jody Dimmling, first time man weave after his name on this show in a while. Okay, let's join him, Join Jody Dimmling and other racing experts at the sixth annual eight forty Whas Derby Betting Preview Night, presented by Twin Spires. It's this Tuesday, April twenty second, from seven to nine at My Cleaning's Restaurant on Cane Run Road in Louisville. Tickets are just twenty dollars in advance. But seeing is going fast, so visit wh As dot com to pretty sure tickets today before they're gone. The Derby's coming up faster and we really what is it two weeks from tomorrow?
Speaker 4: Now'd you fill out your credential application?
Speaker 2: I didn't because I don't want to go there.
Speaker 4: You go, you're gonna you're gonna sabotage your credential process.
Speaker 2: Fill out a credential request. You don't have to go.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm gonna remember that next Amsterdam.
Speaker 4: That won't love you saying that when he when he says, you have your credential.
Speaker 2: Always supposed to be going into a show there again?
Speaker 4: Have you not been checking your email?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: No, well you should check your email.
Speaker 2: Do we have a show at what on Oak Oaks Day?
Speaker 7: Again?
Speaker 4: I don't know if we have a show. But our bosses at I Heeart emailed us and said fill this out. I saw that, and I didn't feel you just didn't want to fill it out.
Speaker 2: I just thought that they were stop everybody that's gonna have to work. I know we're not doing any shows there.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't think they just sent it out for fun. If they they said fill this out, I think they meant to fill it out. I'm a big company man, I'm busy that day.
Speaker 5: Okay, you're visit, you having party that day?
Speaker 4: Everybody remember that on Monday. I've warned him.
Speaker 2: I didn't see it. I would if if he knew we were doing a show there, it's different. But if we're going there just to watch and hang out for twelve hours, I got other things to do that day. Well.
Speaker 4: The the subject line of the email is three exclamation points. All caps important, three exclamation points. So I just thought it seems like it's pretty important. Yeah, and it says each of you should have this or already have this, and you need to fill this out. So I just when I saw that, I thought, oh, I should probably fill this out.
Speaker 2: So Shannon, when I saw it, I'm thinking to myself, this is for the people who are actually working, you know what. They probably think we're all supposed to be there doing a show, but we're not. So I don't have to fill it out.
Speaker 3: Don't feel like you're alone, because it's the exact same thing, and that I thought. I hit delete because I mean, it's for you know, if you want to have a credential, you know, there's your option to get creidential.
Speaker 4: Exactly important, all caps with six exclamation points around it.
Speaker 2: Important if you're going, If you're going, you gotta fill it out by last night, I think was the deadline.
Speaker 5: Oopsame's Shannon and.
Speaker 4: I will be I can't save you all on Monday for short.
Speaker 2: Sorry, we'll take our break, come back, go back to the phone lines eight five nine two O two two eight seven, Ryan Drew and Shannon will be right back on Kentucky's Sports Radio. This is lazy Tuesday.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 2: From the archives.
Speaker 4: That's the best part.
Speaker 2: So that song was swept the country when it was first released, kind of got tucked away and the archives Corey Price found it dug it up of course, legendary song.
Speaker 5: Is that a song?
Speaker 3: Because after I hear it now, I probably could have left that in the podcast.
Speaker 5: I don't even think that's a song.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you good. They're just talking.
Speaker 2: They're just talking for riding.
Speaker 5: Listeners.
Speaker 6: Let me give you a t don't manchine the words Duke bad memories talking balcon Tucky basket ball, love Kentucky basketball.
Speaker 4: We love Kentucky. That the basket.
Speaker 2: Back, Tom Leech Leech Leech Bill.
Speaker 4: That's at the beginning.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: Now it's very co there's videos over the internet. We got TikTok, it's very normal. But in the early YouTube days, you know, there wasn't a lot to to to watch. And this is one that went viral around here and we put it on ks R. Now it's not uncommon at all to see someone making a music video, but this was. This is one of the originals.
Speaker 2: Fun to go down memory lane with that song.
Speaker 4: It is so there you go, Collors, Jimmy, Little Jimmy I think was the name. Yeah, now he can hear part of history.
Speaker 2: Teach little Jimmy about the lazy day.
Speaker 3: I'm not referring to that as a song now, that was just spoken spoken word.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: Somebody sent me a picture of Calhoun, Kentucky, which is McLean County. My goodness, I had no idea. I mean it is completely underwater the river, it's completely flooded it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I seen there. I didn't know either. I actually feel bad that I didn't know, being close to my home county. But that looks awful. I hope they can get back back to normal soon.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that's, like I said, been under reported. I don't think the rest of the state we all realize that it's over there in McClain County. You know. Still the guy said the schools out until further notice.
Speaker 4: I'd say, Son, that's a pretty pretty bad site there. What you show me that aerial of view. So we'll thinking of them. Hope, hope everything gets better soon.
Speaker 2: We'll tweet that out. Also, I tweeted out the picture of my gold Mustang, but we'll tweet out that picture of the Calhoun UH. Two former UK baseball players, Johnny Hummel and Nick Lopez, have joined the Savannah Bananas baseball teams. Probably maybe one of the they play against each other.
Speaker 4: Maybe now they're on different teams, but it's the Banana League now because there's more than Savannah. They're not on the Savannah team, but I think one might be in Texas. Okay, there's been a lot of copycats, I guess the original ones. But it's banana ball.
Speaker 2: Banana ball, but they play against the bananas every game, right, Yeah, and they travel across the country. So two former Cats playing in uh, well, they're playing banana ball, is what they're doing.
Speaker 4: Lopez especially, he he kind of feels built for He was kind of silly over here, even though he was good. He had the big rolly fingers mustache and had a lot of personalities. So hey, I think he has found his calling in the Banana League.
Speaker 2: So we go check them out. I wish did you go in there in Louisville? No, I didn't.
Speaker 4: It seems like something you'd want to do.
Speaker 2: I wanted to go, but I couldn't go out of town that weekend or something I don't remember. But maybe they'll do another pass through and play and play here with these UK guys. I think they could get a good crowd. They came through Kentucky again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I couldn't go to Louisville either. Those were like getting Taylor Swift tickets. You had to be on and get them, you know, in seconds. But I hope they come back through to I'd love to see that live.
Speaker 2: Channon, did you go?
Speaker 5: I did not? Uh uh no, I wasn't able to get tickets in the lottery.
Speaker 2: I mean, oh, they had a lottery for tickets.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, it was crazy. Yeah.
Speaker 3: You can't just go out and buy tickets at the ticket box ticket office. You have to like win a lottery to get the tickets.
Speaker 2: Well, if you've ever went Quick, they had like a thirty for thirty or something on the Savannah Banza. Have you ever watched that documentary? It's incredible how this is just blossomed into this entity that it is today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we see the clips that go viral. Well it makes me wonder, you know when a guy does a five minute dance and walks up and gets a hit, like, how often do they actually get the hit show? Like how many times do they miss and have to do a retake. That's why I want to see it live and see what it's really like, not just the you know, twenty second clips we get online.
Speaker 2: Eight five nine two two eighty seven. That's O phone number if you want to call and get on board. So let's get another caller, Shannon, who we got Tyler? Tyler, go ahead, Tyler.
Speaker 8: Hey, morning, guys. I apologize I missed the first hour, but I don't know if this came up, but I was at the engineering lunch yesterday he tell us all about just wanted to say, what does say? I really appreciate Ryan coming out. Oh that's the thing. He's right in the middle. He's right in the middle of five hours of technical presentations, so very dry, not a lot of humor. So I think everybody really appreciated the energy he brought in to lunch.
Speaker 9: So I went back.
Speaker 8: I'm a podcast listener usually, so you mentioned you talked about it. I went back last night and listened to all of it. I think you guys prepped him well, you know, you got him set up, got him a little maybe had a little nervous energy. But I think everybody loved it. We even had to basically cut him off for a time, like he filled the time a lot of and more, and I think it even stretched a little further to get us to the next session in time. But no, it was great. Let's sign you up for.
Speaker 5: Some more show ry.
Speaker 2: I didn't know where that was going, but he has not been one of the guys I was throwing there. You didn't throw the protractor at me when I was in there.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, Well appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 5: You're so good.
Speaker 3: You can now do seminars for people on how to do public speaking.
Speaker 2: Well, I do work for Ezechi Train and we sell training services, so I could probably be the training and trainer guy that does public speaking.
Speaker 4: You need to get a website for speaking engagements, not just say yes to emails, you know, like celebrities. They have a site ten thousand dollars for me to come speak at your conference. You already have two very good endorsements from people who intended day attended yesterday. So why don't you turn this into a business.
Speaker 2: I mean, I did get this free T shirt.
Speaker 4: We got coach up on your business acumen. You need money, not free T shirts. Free T shirts are great, but you can now put a price tag on this speaking since it went so well yesterday, Like you said, you went the full thirty minutes. They had to play the wrap it up box so for you to stop talking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the gal who was leading it kind of got up from her table was standing beside the podium like okay, I knew I was about out about up.
Speaker 4: I looked.
Speaker 2: I looked at She's getting ready step on stage. I got. I said, I gotta tell one more joke. So I told my group full of time out joke. At the end it with oh place went nuts. I mean it was like, you know, going crazy.
Speaker 4: Ryan Lemon dot Com five grand to speaking Engagement.
Speaker 2: Who's next? Shannon?
Speaker 5: Full lines are empty?
Speaker 2: Full lines empty eighty five.
Speaker 3: So let me tell you about DraftKings bea because you've set me up for that. I asked you not to forget. You forgot, you.
Speaker 5: Went to squirrel on me.
Speaker 3: So let me tell you that the eighty two NBA game grind is done.
Speaker 5: We're ready for the playoff drama.
Speaker 3: Get in on the action of DraftKings sports Book, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. DraftKings has been the home of NBA player props all season and that continues all the way through the playoffs. It's super easy for first time ers get started. You can try betting on something simple like picking a team to win. Make your pick and it's that simple. And here's something special for first timers. If you're new to Draft Kings, sign up with promo code KSR bet five dollars, get two hundred dollars in bonus bets.
Speaker 5: That's with promo code KSR only on draft kings.
Speaker 3: The Crown is yours gambling problem called wanting one hundred gambler eighteen plus Kentucky only.
Speaker 5: Eligibility restrictions apply. Do customers only.
Speaker 3: Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue its. For additional terms and responsible gaming resources, see DKNG, dot co slash audio.
Speaker 2: Appreciate it, Shannon, I should have mentioned, and we're talking about UK baseball. They're at Tennessee this weekend. That starting, Yeah, it starts tonight, right, yep.
Speaker 4: Got to take down the vaults. SEC slate's been pretty tough, don't have many series wins. It'd be nice to steal one down in Knoxville.
Speaker 2: And it's Gonnessee Baseball. Their fans are such a joy and delight to be around down there.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I mentioned this ear of the week. I had a friend in Knoxville invite me down. I said yes, and then the next day I'm like, wait a minute, I don't want to go to Knoxville and be around all of them. I'll watch it on TV, but I hope they get a win.
Speaker 2: You got to update on your play or another dress rehearsal, or when you're gonna find know your lines.
Speaker 4: I haven't focused on the lines yet. I'll get to that. Got a busy Easter weekend with family visiting, so not any real new updates, but I'm looking forward. It's it's a week from today.
Speaker 2: I've had a lot of people ask they want to come watch the play? How do they do? How they get tickets?
Speaker 4: You go to the LExEN and Children's Theater website. It's called the Curtain Call. It's there. The price of the ticket all goes to charity. It's this is you know, we're doing this for good will. There's a lot of kids in there's summer programs and they travel the state and to put on the productions they do, they need a little money. So this is a fundraiser. If you buy a ticket, and then if you're there there's auctions and fun games, live auction, salient auction. I think you can bid online. So if you're interested, check it out at LExEN and Children's Theater's website.
Speaker 2: Is it a thing where if it's so successful, you might have a second night the next night. They should have more than one night I agree.
Speaker 4: I'm willing to tour the state if they want to. But it's a one, one off thing. But if it goes well, I might ask them if I can pursue other opportunity within the organization.
Speaker 2: How did they get you to do this? Anyway? I don't even know how that had started.
Speaker 4: Guy named Kevin who was in here at the bar yesterday. You just missed him. You had to rush out here. He invited me, and I had just been singing the Greatest Showman around my house, so he caught me at a great time kind of thought. I was already on Broadway when I saw the email, so I was a quick yes. And then a few days later I started getting the information and I'm thinking what if I signed up for? But it'll be here next week.
Speaker 2: Here we go drewing on the stage. We'll be right back. Alien topic coming up here.
Speaker 1: Can take a sports radio TJ Smith, personal injury attorney called TJ. He'll make them.
Speaker 3: Pay now more Kentucky Sports Radio presented by Stockton Mortgage.
Speaker 5: Here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 2: The long awaited Drew Palooza Alien segment is about to happen. So who is our alien segment? Sponsored by Drew.
Speaker 4: UK Federal Credit Union. They understand that home is where the heart is, but it's also where the equity is. With the market leading home equity line of credit, you can improve your home and take advantage of rates as low as six point five percent APR plus. They're no annual fe no closing costs, and you can draw your funds only when you need them. So measure twice and apply once for a home equity line of credit from UKFCU. Visit UKFCU dot org or visit one of these seven local branches to see how a he lock can make your home improvement dreams a reality. APR percented No, I guess I wasn't supposed to read that Federally Ensured by NCUA Equal Housing Lender NMLS number four nine.
Speaker 2: If there's one thing UK Federal Credit Union knows, it's aliens. And I know you wanted to do an alien segment when you hosted Drew Paluza last week, but you were so much going on, Yeah, didn't get to it. So before Matt gets your Monday, I thought we got to give you your chance to let you do your alien set.
Speaker 4: Well, Shannon, I said, we can't just I can't just create a a alien fan. I need some stuff in the news. But luckily five days ago there was some news. Right, So I'm just gonna read you the news story, your opinion, okay, and then Shanna I will give our takes. But this is as of five days ago.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: If I didn't have this, I don't really know what I'd be saying. Have you seen the declassified Cold War era CIA files?
Speaker 2: Nobody tell me about it.
Speaker 4: It's a big deal. A lot of people are talking about it. Uh years ago. This has dug up from a two hundred and fifty page KGB report that is recounting the events that happened about a flying saucer over the Ukraine. These Soviets claim that a ship I guess we'll call it it had five short humanoids with large heads and large black eyes. Don't laugh. This is news. This is on actual news sources. This isn't me on Reddit, This isn't me on all the weird websites I go to.
Speaker 2: This is news classified documents.
Speaker 4: Yes, several news outlets covered this, all right. It said it fell to earth and these five short humanoids with large heads and large black eyes came out and when they escaped the debris from their ruined ship, they huddled together and merged into a single object. This is according to soldiers in a CIA document that was recently declassified. Are you sticking with me?
Speaker 2: With you so far? They merged in and made one big alien.
Speaker 4: I guess I know what you know. I'm just reading it straight from this document. They even uploaded the actual document, so this isn't just people typing crap on a blog. This this exists, at least the documents claiming we're not to the crazy party.
Speaker 2: It's crazy.
Speaker 4: So after these five little fellows with big eyes turn into one yeah, yeah, transformers, twenty three soldiers who had gathered around to watch the phenomenon, they were all turned to stone. So there you go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's how Stonehenge became a thing. All those rocks they used to be soldiers.
Speaker 4: So in short, see I a document about some Russian KGB. So soldiers they're watching this thing fly around. It wrecks, hits the ground hard, maybe as hard as Katy Perry's ship did the other day. They all come crawling out. Jeff Bezos open the door and let them out, and the soldiers are gathered around twenty three of them, and these five things merge into one and then turn them all to stone.
Speaker 2: So where are these twenty three own soldiers now that the stone enge h They put them on top of each other and put it down.
Speaker 4: I didn't I didn't read that part, dude.
Speaker 5: Here's a quote here.
Speaker 3: It says in just to kind of follow up on what you said, either in a few seconds, the spears grew much bigger exploded by flaring up with an extremely bright light. At that very instant, twenty three soldiers who had watched the phenomenon turned into stone poles.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's not possible, but why would it be in a CIA document that was just declassified.
Speaker 2: I think these Russian soldiers may have told that story by that they they had too much Russian vodka that night. I don't know.
Speaker 4: So you're blaming y. No part of you believes that five little fellows with big heads and big black eyes or the.
Speaker 2: Big black eyes. No, not at all, not even a little bit.
Speaker 4: Do you? As someone who who believes there are things out there, I have a hard time believing it. But I mean, this is these are new sources sharing it. This isn't some wacky dream or some guy I met on the street with tinfoil on his head. This is this is in document. You can read them, two hundred and fifty pages.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of reading, Shannon, What do you.
Speaker 3: Think, Uh, that seems a little far fetched, Like why haven't they come down and turned all of us into stone?
Speaker 2: If they can do that, that's true, if they had that capability. Yeah, Why is it just these twenty three Russian soldiers.
Speaker 5: The wrong place at the wrong time.
Speaker 2: You got a picture of the stone Russian soldiers.
Speaker 4: Well, this is they they fired these missiles. There's there's a few photos there they are with their missiles. They're not stone yet, and then we're the next photo shows.
Speaker 2: The objects who took the picture.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I wasn't there, but it says Universal History Archive.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 4: And then there's there's the thing where they were shooting at it, and then there's the documents.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think there's way too much partying going on that night. And they came back and they tried to ce ya. They came up with this ridiculous story how they got so drunk that they didn't do that what they were supposed to do, and they turned into they said they munths or their guys turned into stone.
Speaker 4: Well they're still stones, so they didn't come back and anything. There were two soldiers who were not turned to stone. They're farther back. Says they were in the shade and they weren't exposed to the luminous explosion.
Speaker 2: They were the two survivals, the two that verified this story. Yeah, those are the.
Speaker 4: Two are calling the KGB O liar'll get you.
Speaker 2: I'll call those two guys drunk. That's what I'm calling her. Those two guys, Now I can get. I can go along with, like there's recent reports about foreign planets having water on it. Maybe there's some life in this wall. I can't. I can agree with there's alien life out there as far as like maybe in the water, in the soil, but there's not big eyed, little five foot green men that morph into one big guy.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, when they get here, you better look out. I'm gonna be like the two guys hiding while you go check it out. It says the aliens possess such weapons and technology that go beyond our wildest assumptions. They can stand up for themselves to attack. So don't don't be shooting down any uh any crafts if you see him in the air well.
Speaker 2: That's another thing, Shannon. The state of Michigan has reported like this unbelievable resurgence of uf UFO sidings, like just in the past month or so, like all over I don't know what it is about Michigan, but they're like all over Lakes. They want the lake is That's what it is.
Speaker 3: Possibly, I think that now you're so knowledgeable that you could go do like your own alien research luncheon and you could speak on it for twenty five to thirty minutes.
Speaker 5: What do you think you think you can go do that now?
Speaker 2: No, okay, but I did when we I did a late game post game show one time. It went like one o'clock in the morning, two o'clock in the morning, and we switched over to the alien Show in the middle of our post game show just to hear what they were talking about. And of course it's just ridiculousness, little green men and things like that. But like I said, I do, I can be talked into having life out there somewhere, just not little green men that turn people into stone.
Speaker 4: What about when we went to Roswell to the UH, I guess it was a museum, and they had actual evidence of these. There's been some crashes that photos. I mean, you were there, you've been you take the ground zero of all this. That was no part of you. You believed it at.
Speaker 2: All, total photoshop bull crap as well. All that was out there. Tourist trap is what that is.
Speaker 4: I'm already nervous talking about it on the air because I don't want them coming after me. Then more of the KGB, neither one of them. I don't want aliens or KGB on me, but you downplaying it. I'm worried about you.
Speaker 3: Well, and Ryan doesn't come on the show Monday because he's turned to stone. We'll know what happened to him over the weekend.
Speaker 4: Or if he's not at our Oak show on Friday, it's because I warned him to fill out the email and he didn't.
Speaker 2: Okay, here's something. I'll give you this. And just in the last month, there have been UFO sidings in Michigan, California, New Jersey, Florida, all documented reports of unidentified flying objects flying over their land.
Speaker 4: So you're saying that, but you're also not believing it.
Speaker 2: I think those are drones. There's some sort of drones or China sending over like spy stuff on us.
Speaker 4: Would you rather it be China or aliens?
Speaker 2: Well, if you're if your alien can turn me to stone, I'm taking China.
Speaker 4: All right. It's Ryan's thoughts on aliens. I don't necessarily leave the stone thing, but it is. It is reported everywhere about this document. I guess the document could be made up, but this isn't just uh Me being crazy and makeing some up for radio. It's on a lot of websites this week.
Speaker 2: So there is the Drew alien segment from Drew A little carry over rivity good stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there you go, everyone.
Speaker 2: I do want to tell you a text I just got on the a Vision Glass text quession. First of all, there's a picture of Andy Basheer that leads to the text message, and it says, Hey, Leslie, Andy Basher here, Governor of Kentucky and vice chair of the DGA with an important message. This message is only nine sentences long, so I need you to read every single word. That's as far as I'm Gettinglie get. I get messages for Leslie all the time. I don't know where they've got that at, but they think I'm Leslie have.
Speaker 4: You any more random pizza deliveries at your house like you had a couple weeks.
Speaker 2: Ago, got totally messed up. That was if, like I said, he had paid for the pizzas, it might have been funny, but he totally wasted those guys money, wasted those guys time. That is not funny.
Speaker 4: I would love to just sit and read your phone sometime with all the stuff you get.
Speaker 2: Well, this number, but Andy Sheer is just now getting blocked because I'm not Leslie two eights. Have we got any collar, Shannon.
Speaker 5: Uh, yeah we do. Let's talk to Russ all right, Russ, go ahead.
Speaker 9: Hey guys, greeting from Vanderberg County. But I'm actually down here in loving Fort Walton Beach, Florida and a little spring break. Uh hey, if there would happen to be green little people, would Ryan have to go up and touch them just to make sure that they they are real like you get at the Devil's Tower and stuff, and uh, real quick, okay, and real quick. The Gilmour player that's coming back to Kentucky from Nebraska. I know that in the past years, uh, things were kind of getting a little wax and uh, do you think uh. You know, with him being dismissed the Nebraska team, that will time to maybe have some people thinking, Okay, are we going to tighten the ship or are we just looking to get the players that can help out our team this year. I'll hang up on this and thanks, guys. Have a good week.
Speaker 4: Kid, appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Russ, have a good time down there in Florida. I think that's the big question. If you're gonna take this kid on, who's like on it. It's not just a second chance, but a third chance. After he got kicked it. He kind of got dismissed from Kentucky. Now he's been dismissed for Nebraska. Now you're bringing him back. It has to be a zero tolerance policy with this guy. You can't let anything slide with him. I think it's the only way it's gonna work. Drew.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And like he asked, you know, they're out of him because they want to win football games and the receiver room needs some bodies. I mean, that's the reason they're doing it. But it could be the case, you know, he fell so far realized if I'm gonna reach my potential or have any kind of career about this I gotta straighten up and get serious. Maybe he needed to goof up to learn his lesson, but we really won't know it's all it all plays out.
Speaker 2: Well, that's what the message I got yesterday. Like he's a good kid, he just makes some really stupid bad mistakes. Well now's your chance. I mean, you make one more mistake, you may be forgotten forever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that'll be zero tolerance for him the summer, und I would expect.
Speaker 2: I got a textbatch for go to the break. My father in law is a retired Air Force pilot. He says, you can't find a military pilot anywhere that hasn't chased something in the air that they can't explain.
Speaker 4: Yep, lots of those out there. They all have stories, They all have rins just here dismissing it like they don't know what they're talking about.
Speaker 2: But they don't say anything. It turns somebody into stone.
Speaker 4: Okay, I agree that one's a little far fetched.
Speaker 2: You know, the Don Franklin Spring Event is happening now. Choose from over six thousand new and certified pre owned vehicles. No matter your situation, Don Franklin has tools and the experience to help you find your perfect vehicle to fit your budget and lifestyle. Don Franklin has the largest inventory of new, used and certified pre owned vehicles in the state with over six thousand vehicles with twenty seven dealerships all across the Bluegrass. That Don Franklin Family is here to serve all of your auto needs. Plus. Don Franklin's ten year unlimited mile power train coverage is a well for most mark makes and models, so you can hit the road in a safe, reliable car. Don Franklin has a huge selection of new twenty twenty five models. And you heard Drew, Yes, you say them all yesterday Don Franklin. Steer your way over to Don Franklin dot com. Don Franklin, Donald Driven by Family. We got one more segment. We'll take our last break. Come back, Ryan, Drew and Channing Here Kentucky Sports Radio. Welcome back, final segment of Kentucky's Sports Radio. It's our final segment actually without Matt, who will be back Monday for show. We got some We got some good stuff planned next week, so be sure to tune in next week for his return. We're gonna do our DraftKings segment. Here there are the playing games in tonight in the NBA. We got two of them, Heat Hawks and Mavericks Grizzlies Heat Hawks. What's that play look like?
Speaker 4: Drew? The Heat are a one and a half point favorite in Atlanta. You like the heater of the Hawks.
Speaker 2: There, Tyler Hero looks so good the other night him and Banned both looks so good for the Heat the other night. And what Trey Smith has like some Trey Young, Tray Smith. Who's Tray Smith? Tree Young?
Speaker 4: You've been on fire with the name.
Speaker 2: We had a little controversy in his game the other day and threw.
Speaker 4: A ball at the ref.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I can't be doing that the ref to Uh.
Speaker 4: So I'm gonna I'm gonna go the Heat, going with the Heat as well siding with the Cats.
Speaker 5: Yeah about you, Shannon, All right, let's make it three. We're all going with the Heat.
Speaker 2: Going with the Heat tonight Adams spread one and a half cover that, and then the late game tonight the Mavericks a d PJ. Washington at Grizzlies John Moran.
Speaker 4: Uh, Memphis is a six and a half point favorite. Whoa, I'm going with Cats to cover that. I don't know if they'll win. Davis and Washington with the MAVs. But that's I think they'll cover the six and a half. We'll have a close game.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of points.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 2: I would lean the MAVs. Mas may not win, but I think they cover that. So I'll go to the MAVs to cover.
Speaker 5: I'll take the MAVs to cover and MAVs to win. Who little money line money line with the MAVs.
Speaker 2: So we're all all going together, all you know.
Speaker 4: I'm going to parlay the heat and the maps. We got two cats on each team. Be fun little Friday night.
Speaker 2: Who have you picked to win the NBA? Who's who's the the finals? It's a play in game, no, But I mean when we get to the NBA Championship, who's in the finals. Uh?
Speaker 4: I mean they're the favorite. But Oklahoma City has been so good. Yeah, I'll say, Okay, see Shay gets to the finals and then it's gonna be probably Calves or Celtics. I'll say the Celtics experience get some over the Calves, even though the Calves have the better regular seasons.
Speaker 2: You say Celtics thunder? Yeah, okay, who you got?
Speaker 4: You so kind of a lame pick, but I think that's what it would be.
Speaker 3: Well, I gotta go with my Celtics, and I think probably would you say thunder, Yeah, yeah, I kind of agree with that.
Speaker 5: I'll go I'll go Nuggets. Just to be different.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, well, I don't want to take a pick their four seed. They're a sneaky four seed. Jamal Murray wants to get hot. We all know what can do. But if Murray has a.
Speaker 2: Good post, I'm going Celtics Nuggets, I think for the NBA Championship. So there's your expertise. Draft King picks go to Draft Kings where a DK partner. So we're proud to support them as much as we can.
Speaker 4: Get on d okay horse and do some Quenlan. That's what I'm gonna do this afternoon.
Speaker 2: Kentland will be crazy this weekend. It's Easter weekend. Today's good Friday. People are off of work. The weather's supposed to be spectacular today.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty mad at myself. This is the third straight Keenland meet I'm gonna miss. I gotta get back out there. Yeah's been too long. Usually I try to go a couple times to meet. I've been too distant. The last couple of years.
Speaker 2: Well, if you feel out your question Achill like they want you to for the derby, you can go anytime. All right, It's go back to the phone line. Get a couple calls. Where we get out here, Shannon? Who we got, Miles, Miles, Go ahead, Miles, you gotta be quick.
Speaker 9: Hey, Hey, so.
Speaker 6: Call about aliens. I'm actually I live up here in Alaska. And if you want to see some kind of spooky things or hear about people disappear and get some real evidence of aliens, this is kind of the place you want to visit, Bud.
Speaker 4: Yeah, have you seen anything firsthand?
Speaker 6: I mean you go out in the woods and you see weird lives, things flying over, stuff like that. I mean yeah, I mean you could definitely see a lot of things here that and I've seen some things that this was like could be explained by aliens.
Speaker 2: There we go, Well, apparently that's it's Michigan's not the hub of alien activity. It's Alaska.
Speaker 4: A lot of what's going on in Alaska.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, Shannon, who's next.
Speaker 5: Let's good to Jimmy.
Speaker 2: Jimmy, what's the odds? This is another alien question? Go ahead, Jimmy, what's up boys?
Speaker 10: Not actually an alien question, but I've been meaning to call in for a couple of days now, and now that we're on dumb ways to die, this is the perfect time to do it. I got on the wrong side of TikTok the other night. Have you ever seen cave diving?
Speaker 4: No tell us about it?
Speaker 10: Well, it's certainly a full proof way to cross the rainbow bridge. With the fact that you go underwater in a cave system that's already cost your phobic So I want to if you want to waste some needless time, go over to TikTok and search cave diving. My only other thing was what's your top three Tyler Childer songs going into the weekend? Thanks?
Speaker 2: Boys, appreciate it very much, white House wrote, my favorite it will always be my favorite song. I just sang it out there for Mario one of our videos.
Speaker 4: That's what you were doing outside. I wonder why you all stepped out there. Uh, I've been singing that. Uh, I will wait for you song A lot? Is that the name of it?
Speaker 2: Is that the name of the sign?
Speaker 4: Yeah? That's been in my head a lot. I like Lady May Vergie. Lady May's my other right house, Roads Good Feathered Indians is one of the first ones that put him on the map.
Speaker 2: Take me back to Virgie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's been NonStop Childers around my house for a couple of weeks, so a lot of them in my head.
Speaker 2: And you got any more now?
Speaker 3: You guys are the Tyler Childers fan So I think I'm probably the wrong person to ask.
Speaker 4: But in your love, that's the one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all, let's get one more calling before we get out of here.
Speaker 5: Who is Steve?
Speaker 4: Steve?
Speaker 2: Go ahead, Steve.
Speaker 7: Yeah? Did you all mention Verden Hnton about the married players.
Speaker 4: But somebody sent it to me. I didn't get to add it, but go ahead tell us about it.
Speaker 7: Yeah. His his wife passed away while he was a player at USK. She suddenly died and then.
Speaker 10: Yeah, right, yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm glad i'd forgot that story, but you're right. Yeah, they were married and he's a U. Katie's wife passed away tragically.
Speaker 4: And we talked about him last week when we were doing our history lesson, but he passed away just a few weeks ago too.
Speaker 2: Shannon Cash Daniel about to make his OVW debut. Where is it.
Speaker 3: That's gonna be one week from tonight and it's gonna be at the Appalachian Wireless Arena as a part of Hillbilly Days. So Hillbilly Day, Yeah yeah, So make sure you get out there. He's gonna be wrestling Superior Tony Evans and it's gonna be a big event for for OVW and especially for Cash Geniel making his OVW debut in his hometown.
Speaker 4: I think Tony Evans got made Cash look seven feet tall in that video.
Speaker 2: Well, Cash is a big guy, and I think all the mountains will show up and support him making his OVW debut a week from tonight in Pikeville, which.
Speaker 4: Will be on Monday soon.
Speaker 2: We're gat it'll be great fun, all right. Drew Poluza and Ryan plues is over. Matt PLUSA starts on Monday. We'll see you then. Goodbye.