Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Ketty arm Strong and Jettie and he Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 2: Listen is that President Trump is going to become the first sitting president to attend the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Every time the cuts to tell us swich he's gonna lean in? Like, also, I'm here too, Hi, Mama Kelsey, Hi, I just saw Travis Kelsey asked, doing those media appearances all week long would be hard to do while you're preparing for the biggest moment of your life all week long. But Travis Kelcey was just asked, do you know what Taylor's gonna wear to the game? Yeah? Did he punch them? Why didn't he punch them? He laughed, and he laughed, and he said, I'm sure she's gonna wear red. There you go, that's a charmac. Yeah. Man.
Speaker 3: So who could forget this charming young woman? Catherine Mayer, she was the This was just before she became the CEO of NPR for.
Speaker 4: Our most tricky disagreements. Seeking the truth and seeking to convince others of the truth might not be the right place to start in fact, our reverence for the truth might be a distraction that's getting in the way of fine and common ground and getting things done.
Speaker 1: That is so insane as somebody who is allegedly a journalist.
Speaker 3: She is not a journalist. She is an activist and a propagandist. And she is with her blonde hair and her straight white teeth and her lovely shape and her soothing voice, trying to explain this hole seeking the truth thing.
Speaker 1: That's an interference with our goal, even outside of journalism. And tell me a realm of life where you like that, any any any anything where you like the the truth is getting in the way. When when is that ever a thing? Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, when does that ever not turn rancid and and and and infected in a relationship. I'll just keep these secrets. He's better off not knowing. Yeah, nice attitude. Play that one more time, Michael. It's so incredible.
Speaker 4: For our most tricky disagreements, seeking the truth and seeking to convince others of the truth might not be the right place to start. In fact, our reverence for the truth might be a distraction that's getting in the way of finding common ground and getting things done.
Speaker 1: That's like, Wow, dangerous lenin Stalin sort of crap right there.
Speaker 3: I mean just gonna say Hermann Gerring is in hell saying, Wow, she's got it down?
Speaker 1: Is she still in charge NPR? I believe she is? Wow? Yeah. So anyway, do you remember their name? Uri Berliner?
Speaker 3: He was the guy who it was like ten months ago he wrote an essay for The Free Press in which he explained why he was resigning from NPR, where he'd worked for twenty five years, and he said much more in sorrow than anger, having they lost the trust of a large segment of the country. Once curious, open minded, rigorous, if liberal leaning, public radio news had evolved into a doctrinaire source of what I called one story after another about instances of supposed racism, transphobia, signs of the climate apocalypse, Israel doing something bad, in the dire threat of Republican policies. In twenty twenty alone, we dismissed the very possibility of a COVID lab league in China, and our then managing editor refused even to cover Hunter Biden's laptop, call it not really a story, and he reminds us of some of the things he said. But now the crisis is in at hand. Republicans control Congress in the White House, and they seem serious about what had previously been ritualistic GOP threats to cut public media. And indeed, Catherine Mayer, the delightful woman we just heard from who called Berliners free press essay disrespectful, hurtful and demeaning, Oh my god, has been called before the House Subcommittee on Delivery on Government Efficiency, that's the doge fellas as soon as early March.
Speaker 1: So do you have the numbers? I saw some numbers footing around the other day. That's about a half a billion dollars five hundred million dollars. It gets spread around NPR and PBS outlets around the country. So it's not going to happen to have that, and it's not a ton of money, but you know, it's a half billion dollars more that's being spread around to stations were on of taxpayer money to not to have as many commercials or higher better reporters or whatever you want to do with it.
Speaker 3: And if you have state sponsored propaganda media for the domestic audience, the sides of the budget isn't the issue. It's just it's very existence that is going to be absolutely terrible.
Speaker 1: I personally, I know though a number of very smart people who you cannot convince them that NPR is not didn't know they're straight down the middle, didn't They have no reason to be biased because they don't have to take advertisers. I know, and I've actually said to people before seriously, and because I don't want to get into a fight with people that I'm friends with, but sit down anytime for a half an hour, let's listen together. I'll point out all the places where it's just insanely biased. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, as I've said a million times, I'm thinking of getting it tattooed on my forehead. Intelligence and wisdom are two completely different things and practically unrelated.
Speaker 1: And if you just.
Speaker 3: Never get a perspective, you might be both intelligent and wise, but not realize because you hadn't seen the other side of it. And I think a lot of people haven't. But anyway, Uri Berliner, the point of his piece today is he suggests a series of questions to ask the head of NPR, both Ms Mayer, who would have been an absolutely outstanding Nazi propagandas gandist, and Paul Berger, CEO of PBS. Can you provide examples of NPR coverage that criticized or questioned progressive narratives on crime, immigration, youth, gender, medicine, or climate change. Ms Mayor you said, regarding your previous role as the CEO of the Wikipedia Foundation Wikimedia Foundation, that our reverence for the truth might be a distraction that quote we just heard. What exactly did you mean? Do you still believe it? And if so, how is such a view compatible with leadership of a news organization. Another question, The immediate past CEO of NPR, the late John Lansing, declared that diversity, equity, and inclusion is the north star of our organization?
Speaker 1: Is it still?
Speaker 3: If not, why and if so, please explain how DEI influences NPR's hiring, training, and coverage. Love this, especially because all that's illegal. In twenty twenty one, his next question goes, I found eighty seven registered Democrats among NPR editorial staff residing in DC, where the network is headquartered.
Speaker 1: Eighty seven.
Speaker 3: There were zero Republicans, along with forty four registered with no party. Is NPR doing anything to address this seeming lack of diversity of viewpoints, such as hiring journalists from conservative media recruiting military veterans or seeking candidates who attended religious colleges and state universities.
Speaker 1: Here's a question I'd go with, do you realize that latenax is stupid and that Hispanic people don't like it? And it's only over educated white women that ever even came up with this stupid term and keep using it, But you use it all the time on PBS and NPR.
Speaker 3: In fact, are you aware that LATINX people hate LATINX more than anybody else?
Speaker 1: It's stupid? Are you aware of that? That'd be my question be a good question.
Speaker 3: Do you have regrets about how NPR dealt with the Hunter Biden laptop story, the Lablaku theory, or more recently, President Joe Biden's apparent cognitive decline while in the White House.
Speaker 1: Love these questions.
Speaker 3: NPR says it gets one percent of its annual operating budget directly from federal funding. A larger portion, though reportedly around ten percent, flows indirectly to NPR through member stations that acquire NPR programming with support from the Corporation for Public Broadcasting. Would you be open to a new financing structure that lets local member stations keep more money.
Speaker 1: In which case you would what probably end up with super left leaning NPR versions in San Francisco, which you already have, but maybe more moderate or right leaning NPR stations in you know, Oklahoma City, May I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, his next question is kind of hint at that very thing. It could happen, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, because well, how would we feel about that. I'd never thought about this before, but I think that'd be fine for public radio if it more or less reflected that city area's beliefs and things. If you're gonna have bias at all, as opposed to the way it currently is, it's like insanely biased every every example in the country.
Speaker 3: Well, and this is the problem with right yeah, obviously. Uh, this is the problem with government media in general. Is once you step onto that that twisty, slippery road, you're gonna find yourself in really uncomfortable places without good answers. I mean, for instance, I could absolutely make the case that NPR ought to be studiously carefully run by an ideologically diverse, you know, board that makes sure every issue looks at both sides in a fair way, steel mans each other's arguments, as the saying goes, But then you run into the problem. And actually lefties bring this up. They bring it up in ridiculous ways. But all right, what if the question is should child molesters be allowed to get child porn?
Speaker 1: Or you know something truly horrific, that's a good one, that's a that's a great ethical dilemma.
Speaker 3: Or or you know, like confused adolescent girls ought to be fed sterilizing hormones and have their healthy breasts cut off if they decide one day, under pressure from an activist teacher, that they admire that.
Speaker 1: They're a boy.
Speaker 3: I don't particularly relish the idea of having somebody make that case because I find it repugnant.
Speaker 1: So you just you find yourself in a place you don't want to be, right, hmm, Well, what we got currently is ridiculous and it's laugh out loud funny regularly. Oh yeah, their attempt to be the news.
Speaker 3: Well, and they're how every story or eight out of nine is who is the victim of something somewhere on earth?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: I mean, if there is a painter in Afghanistan who no longer can get the blue paint because the US is embargoed something or other, they will spend ten minutes on the bitter sadness of this poor Afghan artist who can't get blue paint.
Speaker 1: There was a horrifying school shooting somewhere in the world the other day. Where was that Sweden someplace? And I was listening to the NPR version where they went at length about how we've exported this culture to the country. So we're to blame. Gun owners are in the United States are to blame for school shootings in other countries. Let's make that clear. Because nobody has any agency. They're all just victims of what ugly conservatives do. That's it whole. In the Palestinians who have no agency, that's victims. That's that weird mindset that you're always talking about the oppressor oppressed if you buy into that mindset. So whoever's got power is the reason for all bad things happening. So United States says power the biggest economy and biggest culture and everything like that. So any shootings around the world, it's our fault.
Speaker 3: And anybody who's a victim or has less power is automatically good and virtuous and right, no matter what their opinion is. And a lot of people listening are like, dude, you can't oversimplify it like that.
Speaker 1: No, that's actually the philosophy. I've said more than once.
Speaker 3: If my dog has spoused that philosophy, I would kick him for being that dumb.
Speaker 1: And I am not a dog kicker. Oh my god, But you got people.
Speaker 3: Graduating from quote unquote, I might vomit elite universities who spout this nonsense all day long and think they're wise and educated.
Speaker 1: Man, if they're going to finally look into the funding of NPR radio and like get to the brass tacks on it, I would love that. I'll watch that on c SPAN. More on the way.
Speaker 2: Diplomatic shock waves are reverberating across the Middle East after President Trump unexpectedly announced plans for a US takeover of Gaza that would include forcing Palestinians out. The idea was quickly rejected by Jordan and Egypt, countries the President says would take in displaced refugees. Saudi Arabia also denounce the proposal.
Speaker 5: The Ministry of Foreign Affairs affirmed that the Kingdom's position on the establishment of the Palestinian state is firm, steadfast and unwavering, and that this firm position is not subject to negotiation or outbidding.
Speaker 1: Hmm, do they feel that way behind the scenes. I don't know. Time will tell.
Speaker 3: I speak fluent Arabic, I can translate that we have been getting by by paying lip service to the Palestinian people while doing nothing and letting them continue to die.
Speaker 1: We would like to continue that plan. So it's Oscar season. We've been talking about that trans movie that got so many nominations. But some movies are in the news. There is a new list out of best movies of all time. It's compiled from like a whole bunch of interesting sources IMBD and Rotten Tomatoes and all these different things that people vote on. There's like ten different examples. They compiled them and gave them a score and came up with the fifty best. That's as good as any way to do it off the top of your head. What's your favorite movie of all time?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: For years I've said Unforgiven Clinic Western. Would that be different than if I ask you what's the best movie of all time? Or would it be the same question. It's it's sure similar. And I was looking at this list and wondering, has anybody watched Paths of Glory or Seven Samurai who didn't take a film class in college. I mean, do people watch that? I don't even know Paths of Glory. I think it's a young Kirk Douglas, but it's a World War One trenches movie. Truly good? Huh. But I mean it's black and white and dark, and you know, you know, those kind of movies hard to follow. But I just wonder does anybody ever watch those movies? They often make your list. One thing I like about this list is Citizen Kane is not I don't even know where Citizen Kane shows up on? Here is it on? Does it make the top fifty? It's not, certainly not in the top ten. My favorite movie of all time, I think is Apocalypse Now is at thirty four. I almost went with Saving Private Ryan. But here's your top ten. It's lost to Shakespeare in Love for the Oscars. By the way, never forget, here's your top ten. And this has got a lot more to do with people watching them and liking them more than critics. I guess number ten pulp fiction, And whenever you do a list like that, you know it's going to tend toward recent. Nobody's taken there, nobody's on the gay Hey, kids, I rented Pads of Glory. Then we're gonna watch seven Samurai tomorrow night. Now they're black and white, silent film. That's right, nobody watches that stuff, so there's a presentism bias. Number ten pulp fiction. Damn good movie. I'll watch it just recently with my high school kid. It's a heck of a movie. We did skip a scene or two so much buggery. Yeah, exactly, I didn't really need that. Uh number nine, you know what, We're down to one minute, and I don't want to rush through this because I think I can't wait. But seriously, who watches those art films? Does anybody? Unless you've heard about it so much you're curious enough go out and watch Citizen Kane? Are you having date night anything? Unless you got a really weird boyfriend or girlfriend, do you do that? I just don't think they do. And this is true of music to some extent. Too innovative isn't always enjoyable. Right, broke new ground paved the way for this style. Doesn't mean I need to see it now or hear it now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it turned into something that's a lot more enjoyable, comfortable for most people to watch. But the early innovative stuff. Sometimes it's it's just just tough.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna ask you, Katie and Michael, also, what's your what's your favorite movie all time? When we come back, among other things, and we'll get to this list, and we got some other stuff. I have plenty of good stuff. It's gonna be all It's gonna be a bang up half hour. I'll tell you that if you missed a second to get the podcast. Armstrong and Getty on demand are Strong and Getty. We are gonna fight this fight.
Speaker 3: I am gonna stand with you in this fight, and we will win.
Speaker 1: We win. We will win. We will win. We will win. We will win. We will win. We won't rest. We won't rest. We won't rest. We won't rest.
Speaker 4: They are those that have said that we made face a constitutional crisis.
Speaker 7: I want you to.
Speaker 1: Know that the crisis is here.
Speaker 8: We will not take this from Donald Trump and Elon.
Speaker 2: Mus We have got to tell Elon must nobody elected judge.
Speaker 1: So yeah, a lot of we are a war hit the streets. Sounds like you're inspiring and inspiring an insurrection to me, But I'm guessing on this one. This is completely guessing. But I think they're on the wrong side of this by a lot. I think the majority of Americans are loving this digging into these various programs and finding stuff that's a waste of money. It's just in the lunch room and a guy getting coffee in there, one of the top salespeople around here saying how many thousands of dollars for Politico subscriptions? That story you brought us earlier where taxpayers were buying Politico subscriptions for some agency in DC, And I brought up the yeah, well, that's about the same as the eight million dollars for the trans play in Ireland or whatever. I've had a number of people bring this up to me in real life. This cutting this just insane stuff that condoms for the Tally banner whatever the hell?
Speaker 3: Right, right, Yeah, I just I think it's desperate flailing.
Speaker 1: They don't know what to say. Oh yeah, the idea that Elon Musk is evil for trying to get rid of that stuff. All right, we'll see how this plays out. So I brought up the it's Oscar season. Been talking about movies. There's this new list of the fifty greatest movies of all time where they compiled a bunch of online thingies and took their average scores, and this is what they came up with. So I did. I just noticed in Uh, I'll go with the top sixteen because at number sixteen is the highest ranking Star Wars movie of any kind. Well, first of this, Michael, what's your favorite movie of all time or what do you think is the best movie of all time?
Speaker 9: Well, for me, I mean it's Araplane, the comedy movie way back when. So I have a fond memories of watching it with my dad. And also it taught me you know what comedy was, I mean, you know what crazy comedy was, and that's I was.
Speaker 1: Then you spent some time in a Turkish prison. No, that was handy. That is a great movie if you're gonna talk about like influence or people know it or references or whatever. Yeah, rank way up there. Anyway, Katie, It's.
Speaker 10: A toss up between two from Sawshank Redemption to Life Is Beautiful.
Speaker 1: Those are two of my all time beautiful too fine choices both. Yeah, Shawshank Redemption ranks very high in this list of what I could about to get to it quick reveal, I've never seen that movie really, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Right up the Gladiator. It's it's it's every bit as good as you've gotten the impression.
Speaker 1: I believe it. I just I've never been in the mood for it. Every time I think of it, I think I should have seen it at the time when it was hot. Yeah, it's it's not a light comedy. But I'm not a Star Wars guy. So the highest ranking Star Wars movie is Star Wars Episode five, The Umpire Strikes Back from nineteen eighty Did you say Empire Umpire?
Speaker 3: Just because if you said Umpire, I think you're confused about the plot.
Speaker 1: It's Empire. Ah, So the only Star Wars movie they got in the top sixteen is that one? Why are you shaking your head like that? Katie? Know that I your friend and colleague, huge Star Wars fan, But would you have but would you choose a different one? If you're gonna have one of the Star Wars movies from the whole franchise break into the top fifteen, would it be that one?
Speaker 9: Fine?
Speaker 1: Okay, that's as good as they get, but a whole bunch of Lord of the Rings. We just don't like wookies, do you, Katie? And nailed that three three Lord of the Rings movies make it in the top fifteen like the greatest filmmaking ever made. They are extraordinary. I don't dig that sort of thing at all. I just I'm not into fantasy that sort of stuff. But the movie making part of it is just freaking amazing. That's Peter Jackson stuff. Is that right?
Speaker 10: I have such a hard problem escaping from reality with those kind of movies. I just picture that director call cut and the Hobbits going off and having a cigarette or something.
Speaker 1: I can't at their hairy feet. Interesting problem that is anyway.
Speaker 9: Soon as are Hanson's movies are Smoking in the Bandit Blazing Saddles and Doctor Schafhoga, Oh Blazing Saddle.
Speaker 1: It's quite the spanning the globe of kind of movies. Hell of a film Festival eleven. I do like Smoking the bat Okay, I don't even know Grave of the Fireflies from nineteen eighty eight at thirteen. The Dark Knight is a joker vehicle? Is that correct? Batman? Batman is twelve? Number eleven the highest ranking Lord of the Rings movie. Okay, now at top ten I mentioned pulp Fiction number nine. Well, what's the highest ranking fellowship The Lord of the Ring is the Fellowship of the Ring from all one Yeah, first one, Yeah, okay. Number ten Pulp Fiction. As a mention, that is an amazing movie. Number nine The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. Happy to see that on the list as a guy who's a big fan of that kind of movie. I tried to watch that not terribly long ago, did not enjoy it. Really. I love that movie, but if you're used to the modern pace of movies, right, it is so slow compared to the modern world. I tried to watch it with my kids and it was just killing them. It's like a punishment for them. And that's from nineteen sixty six. Number eight Spirited Away from one. I don't know that movie. Spirited Away, No, okay. Number seven The seven Samurai, which you have to watch if you take a film class from nineteen fifty four. Fine, good for you. Congratulations to Samurai. Too long. Five would have been playing five samurais plenty of Samurai. How many Samurai do we need? Uh? Number six Good Fellas Give me a break, right. You can't hardly get better than that movie. The Godfather Part Two at number five. Schindler's List at number four, do you feel like you're being mean if you don't put Schindler's List at the top. I like Schindler's List. I just don't get bad being an anti semi from the Seinfeld episode, you fell asleep during Schindler's List number three, Shawshank Redemption number two. Twelve Angry Men Again, I think ten Angry Men would have been plenty. You get two of the angry Men with a couple of samurais, go have their own movie, and uh, it might have been a good, good film. Twelve Angry Men. I'm not sure I've ever seen that. Oh goodness, second best movie of all time. I've seen one of the it was a very very famous play for a long time. Sure I've seen some version of it. It's a jury movie, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Essentially eleven to one bigoted jury is going to convict a black man of murder, I think it is, and one loan hold out. It's very uh to kill a mockingbirtish in its.
Speaker 1: Themes and what they have is the greatest movie of all time The Godfather from nineteen seventy two, which is an amazing movie and I think ranks up there with the Lord of the Ring stuff in terms of like movie making. I mean that whole backyard wedding scene and all that stuff. It's just incredible, just incredible. But I just thought it was interesting that this list. I don't see Citizen Kane anywhere, which used to be Like if you ask critics, they always put it number one or two. Whatever. Good for you, congratulations, you're smarter than me. You like Citizen Kane. Give me a real movie. Let me look through the top fifty three of anything jumps out Amadeus. Oh loved it. Alien number forty oh, one of the great suspense movies ever made. Yeah, Lawrence Arabia is cool movie making, but again very slow, very slow. Can they speed up old timey movies? Just like the way we were talking earlier about listening to podcasts at one and a half time speed or if that would work. You take Lawrence of Arabian, you put it on one and a half time speed. Maybe my kids could enjoy it in some fashion whatsoever?
Speaker 3: Right, instead of having Lawrence gaze out on the desert sands for thirty seconds, just have a quick one second that he looked at the sand for a bit and then it comes.
Speaker 1: To the next scene exactly. My favorite movie of all time. I think is Apocalypse Now and that's number thirty four. Spider Man Spider Verse at thirty two. That is a great movie. MM Silence of the Lambs. I like my Lambs. Noisy Casa Blanket twenty six, Cuckoo's Nests.
Speaker 3: Back when you could present a serial killing madman as a transgender person.
Speaker 1: Is the shining on there? Oh yes, please it is. I saw it in here somewhere.
Speaker 10: I just saw a movie with Jack Nicholson's son, and oh, my gosh, it is Jack Nicholson Part two, really really facial expressions, his mannerisms, the way he laughs.
Speaker 1: Oh it's so great. Huh yeah. I think the only Jack Nicholson thing on here is uh Cuckoo's Nest, which I do really really like that movie. Psycho. I've always felt that's overrated. It's fine.
Speaker 3: That's again of its time, influential and important and enjoyable or different questions.
Speaker 1: Saving Private Ryan is number twenty two. That's a pretty damn good movie. Got a bunch of art films all right. I feel like they throw those into the list just to make them to give their list some credibility, Like if you don't have Semon Samurai and Harry Carey from sixty two, which I've never seen, and Pads of Glory, which nobody wants to watch. If you don't have those Modern Times from nineteen thirty six with Charlie Chaplin, I feel like you we're gonna make a list. We gotta put these five on there. Let's spread them out and then get the real movies on their people care about.
Speaker 3: I'll watch Modern Times by Charlie Chaplin if you change the title to old boring Times, gotta be accurate.
Speaker 1: I demand that when people had nothing else to do Times, it should be the main of the movie.
Speaker 3: Let's pop that list up on Armstrong and Geddy dot com.
Speaker 1: Animal House is not on the list. Noo also a very very good movie. The like we've mentioned before, the Twitter follow of seventy Sports guy or what is that called. That's a super seventy sports super seventy Sports and he has a tweet that he regularly puts out that mentions Judden Nelson from Breakfast Club and he says Bender's character is more memorable and more amazing than tons of Oscar winners, and that that's true. It's kind of like you mentioned of the movie Airplane. If you rank it on a like influence in your life, you remember it, it had an impact on you. The list is completely different than if you get into some of the fancy stuff.
Speaker 3: Right right now, Katie, you're not like a super girly girl. And I mean that is neither a compliment nor an insult. It just would you say that's more or less accurate?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Okay, So is it like it is with guys?
Speaker 3: To the extent that you've observed it that there are a hand a pretty good handful of touchstone movies that everybody knows the catchphrases from for their generation. Does that happen with women the way it does with guys?
Speaker 10: Somewhat like the more recent comedy stuff like step Brothers, I know, you know, like the do we just become best friends? Like throwing those type of lines around that it's not like a real big point of our conversation.
Speaker 3: Now, Yeah, I've been a golf freak freaks since has a little kids, So it's prejudice. But to me, Caddyshack has launched more catchphrases than any film in the history of mankind. Such a great movie, and for that reason alone, it must be on all best of lists right exactly.
Speaker 1: That's kind of what I'm saying that if it has that sort of cultural impact, that there ought to be some list for that, or it should carry some Nobody's going around in the office today quoting from Pads of Glory, which might be a silent film now that I remember, it makes it difficult to have quotes. But you see my point, I do. We will finish strong next.
Speaker 11: Gambling is illegal at Bushwhit, sir, and I never slide.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 7: Do you know who won Best Country Album of the Year for the twenty and twenty got Grammy's Last?
Speaker 6: Not Prdy, no mar No hell Agree, no, uh Riley Green, no, Luke Holmes, no, Allie zimmern uh Ty Whims. Now, what's your name? Megan Morny?
Speaker 1: No, Jimmy tell you sure? Beyonce?
Speaker 8: Oh my god, he's nine in Huntry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's funny. That kid could name a lot of country artists. My kids could have too when they were younger, for the Mouths of Day because it is the only miss music we could listen to. Even though it's probably they're going to be lifetime alcoholics, they've they've they were drenched as children in NonStop whiskey drinking is the answer to everything. But didn't have any bad words, so let's have some good news. Come on, good news to end the show. Michael twenty five, Roll It, Baby, Roll It.
Speaker 7: A Trump commitment on the campaign trail became the latest executive order today.
Speaker 11: The war on women's sports is over.
Speaker 1: Effective immediately.
Speaker 7: The new order prohibits biological males from competing against biological females for sports teams at schools at any level that receive federal taxpayer dollars.
Speaker 11: Have you let men take over women's sports teams or invade your locker rooms, you will be investigated for violations of Title nine and risk your federal funding.
Speaker 1: There will be no federal farm Huh any school at any level that receives federal funding. Would that be practically every school that's not private in America and many that are.
Speaker 3: Yes, one hundred percent, Yeah, and the fabulous under the Armstrong You Getty show.
Speaker 1: Riley Gaines, commenting in twenty eight, m.
Speaker 8: Dog to see President Trump's decisive action. There was a campaign promise of his issue number seventeen on his platform, no men and women's sports. So to see him deliver in the way that he did that visual that you saw him signing this executive order with I mean dozens of young girls surrounding him. I mean, I can't even tell you what that visual means to me. Man, I just feel vindicated and I feel this, this overwhelming feeling of gratitude.
Speaker 3: That was Riley Gaines who was forced to her metaphorical.
Speaker 1: Needs nees for a way.
Speaker 3: That sentence was just a train wreck, forced to her knees metaphorically speaking to dress and undress in front of a fully intact six foot four inch mail and say that's a woman. Can you imagine the humiliation and the soul deadening nature?
Speaker 1: Then? How is it an applause level event to do something this obviously needed to happen a long time ago? How did we even get this far down the road? It's crazy, Palm strong, and good to you. You have disappointed me for the last time. These are your final thoughts. I have a final thought about that. Here's your host for final thoughts, Joe Getty. Let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew.
Speaker 3: It's an ensemble cast, Michael Angelow, what's your final thought?
Speaker 9: We've had some people on Facebook asking about this. Yeah, the cheese dip. Recipe for your football party is on Armstrong Getty Radio or Armstrong Getty dot com.
Speaker 1: How long will it take me to make this? Thirty minutes? Cool? Yeah? All right, Katie Greener esteemed to Newswoman as a final thought.
Speaker 10: Katie, I just realized today February sixth is my second Armstrong and Getty birthday.
Speaker 1: Hey, now show for two years? Really kidding, congrats, I feel like you just started ten years. I'm aging like a president. Oh my god. Jack. A final thought for us, how many schools across the country, at all levels are happy that Trump that so that they've got an excuse for no longer allowing this. And I'll bet a bunch of schools where they were letting dudes, you know, win the track competition or whatever. They're gonna pretend they don't like it, but they're gonna love the fact that we can't do that anymore. We'd lose our fund. I'm so sorry. A lot of good teachers, a lot of good coaches. Yeah, absolutely true. My final thought, I always feel like trapped.
Speaker 3: And cheated when when forced to name one of the best of something on my favorite of something.
Speaker 1: But that's silly. I take everything too seriously.
Speaker 3: But I should throw in a clockwork Orange, which I've watched so many times in my life.
Speaker 1: Good one me Drew Kis taxi driver wasn't on that list. It's one of my all time favorites. It's a good one. Armstrong and Getty wrapping up another grueling four hour workday, so many people, thank etc.
Speaker 3: I hope you can go to armstrong a getdy dot com to grab some hot links or drop us a not if there's something we ought to be talking about. I'm telling you the hoodie pick it up.
Speaker 1: See tomorrow. God bless America. I'm Strong and Getty. This is a message for the people of America. Creak was over fifteen minutes ago. Match wow wow. I got nothing for you on that. So let's go with the bangs. What's the John Denver song? I don't know what is the John Denver song? You know? With the thank God? I'm a country boy. OH got me and my pipe? I got me Old Phil. When the sun's coming up? I got cakes on the griddle. How can you not fall asleep with the lifestyle. I want to thank.
Speaker 10: You all very much.
Speaker 1: Bye bye, Armstrong and Getty.