Speaker 1: Welcome back to Unplugged today, joining me my brother Ulysses Jesse the third in the city. So people think your mental name is Ulysses. For real.
Speaker 2: We're gonna rock with it.
Speaker 1: It's worth cool. Spurs, Yeah, Spurs. They took Game three well, by the way, good job holding down unplug while I was gone.
Speaker 2: I appreciate anytime job.
Speaker 1: I was able to check it out. But your Spurs got they got winning the Guard last night. Trump was bad luck Knicks lost. But Joah, I feel like this series game and this could very easily be two to one San Antonio. But it's two to one Knicks. You predicted the Spurs will win the series. What do you make of it? No one's ever come back from two to oh uh in the finals. It was the first two home games. Do your Spurs have a chance. Yeah, because games still gotta be played. You know, That's how we always look at it.
Speaker 3: They still gotta Knicks got to stat of go out there and get a job done. My thing was I wanted to see the adjustment they.
Speaker 2: Made for for Game three.
Speaker 3: And knowing the environment hosta environment bent on a road, having a young team, you know, I didn't know what to expect. But the game plan that they came in with was what I hope, keep Winn being the post more, keep him in the paint more, let him try to demand some of the demand of presence in the post.
Speaker 2: Because the younger guys got the wing, they got.
Speaker 3: That taken care of, they need some type of post presence on offense from him, and I think he gave.
Speaker 1: That last night.
Speaker 3: I think they gave them a different energy, a different look on offense that the Knicks wasn't used to.
Speaker 2: And it also they guarded the Knicks different.
Speaker 3: You know, they kept one man on the Brunton up top and basically went into his own to keep Win being the post. So the adjustments they made better adjustments is what I'm saying. They may better adjust with game three, But I still think.
Speaker 2: That the Knicks beat themselves.
Speaker 3: I really think the Knicks beat themselves a lot of the turnovers brought. And you know, even though we don't agree, but I agree with what Stephen they said. Brunston played that game like he was playing to b MVP of the finals instead of playing to win the game. I agree with that because I know how he played, I watch him play. You know, that's his brothers that I know why he played with that team. He didn't play like that last night. But if the Spurs can make another adjustment, I think this is gonna be the hardest game of the season, winning game for New York. But the adjustment they made last night was a good job by the coach Staffands.
Speaker 1: Knicks have been off the slow starts all three games. San Antonio's come out the gate swinging and it has thrown the first punch in all three games. I think san Antonio's youth and inexperience is showing at times, and I think that's why they're down two to one instead of up to one right now. I think the X factor for the Knicks is Cat. I think when Cat plays like a dog, and I still think I don't think he took enough shots last night, but I think before last night he was averaging near like eighteen or nineteen and ten, nineteen and eleven. But I feel like Cat is so skilled when he doesn't settle. I don't mind him taking threes because I think he's one of the best big shooting bigs in the game being able to shoot, but he's been getting downhill physical on the glass when they're putting smaller people on him. He's taking advantage that. So it's hard to say that like a star is an X factor, but I think he's the key. And then I think on the other side, Dearon Fox. When Dearon Fox plays well, and he didn't necessarily play well last night, but he had the big shot down the stretch, and you can think about Jack he was clutch player that year in twenty twenty three for the Kings. He's the only guy on that team who's been who's led their team in scoring in their career. You know, he's a twenty five and six, twenty five and seven guy in Sacramento, you know in Sacramento. And I think when he plays well offensively, it really helps because you've got two dynamic young boys in Castle and Harper who are absolutely incredible. But Fox is that steady guy that doesn't turn the ball over. Those young boys have had some issues turning the ball over. Although the turnovers are down in the finals, I think Fox is the key, especially down the stretching that in Game two when obviously Wimby had the turnover, but I felt like Wemby's not yet to where he's the best player of the team. But he's not an ISO scorer yet. I don't feel like the defensive trunk up and he'd really have too much. But boxing, somebody can get a shot off on anybody. So I think Cat and Fox are the keys to their team's success. Winby had a tough game too. He was able to rebound last night. Jack the second youngest player to have what thirty five and five? Yeah him in Magic.
Speaker 2: Yeah you said something about Cat. I want to touch on all.
Speaker 3: I've seen something and I've seen I've seen it similar in the Detroit the Detroit series when Donald Mitchell didn't want to switch on k at the end of the game.
Speaker 2: He was calling for a double team.
Speaker 3: The other night the Big you know how, the Big interchange, he was trying to switch Wimby on Cat, and Womby didn't want to switch. And I've been seeing every time Cat get the ball, he attacking Winby, you know what I'm saying. So it might be something there might he might be mentally in Winby ahead. Bro, it looks it kind of looked like it to me.
Speaker 1: I just feel like Cat is so fucking talented, Bro. He's a good shooter, but when he's going down. He six ten, six eleven, and he's strong too, Like I really see him on I've seen it the most, like on the offensive glass and when they've at times you can hide, not hide, you can guard Cat with smaller players. He's taking advantage of that now. And to your point, he's in that attack mode where he doesn't fear Wimby. He's going downhill at Wimby, he's putting that shoulder on him, getting them off him. So Cat's been playing really well. I think he's the key to this team. Brunson obviously is their guy, clutch as can be, but hasn't really shot the ball well. This is up thirties from the field and thirty one percent from three. But those clutch baskets Jack is where he hangs his hat at. You know when it will come five minutes and under. He's going to start really doing a thing. But I think that three year last night was huge.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Gil said when he came on the show a couple of months, but he's the closest thing in the clutch since Khobe.
Speaker 1: He's clutched. Yeah, he's probably is he the most clutch player in the league right now? I would have to say up there. Okay, yeah, but it's it's a close one too as far as being clutched. But but I like, I like New York's role players have played really well. You look at Shammitt, I think he's average double digits OG. You wouldn't think OG with the number the money he makes as a role player, but he's been playing a lot better. Josh Hart hasn't shown up in the score last night, He's scored well, but he's always been doing other He was Game one, he was have a one for six from the field and was plus twenty two, you know, with fifteen rebounds and six assists and four steels. So he's done a lot of the stuff that doesn't show up in the statue. Bridges has to be a little bit more consistent for them, I think, you know, for them to be good. But you know, I think one thing that Wenby has shown that he's not a pump. And I think throughout the playoffs, teams have been taking shots of them in physical and I like that what New York's doing too, Like every time they cut, he cuts, they're putting that old school four on them how we used to do. I even teach our aau team, like nobody runs through the paint free and the Knicks are really packing that shit in. And every time he's hitting somewhere right here you see him son Brunson, which is crazy, but I like it though.
Speaker 3: Gotta be love with that though, because that started fuck up the whole series and get him started.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. He can get kicked out of something like that.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, see it. He got to control his emotions, especially around it.
Speaker 3: Like now he's not from here, so you know what I'm saying, Like that stuff like that, it probably rubs him different than us, you know what I'm saying, Like, see Jalen, like anybody else, that wasn't a start. If Jaalen didn't understand the magnitude of the game and who he was.
Speaker 2: And what he means to his team, somebody.
Speaker 3: Would have got knocked his ass out, you know what I'm saying, A regular guy. But this is somebody Jayleen understands the moment. But somebody like me or anybody else would have laid his big ass on.
Speaker 2: His back pockets. That right there, he got he can't, he can't.
Speaker 1: He got through it. He got to know when to do that man, that that worked out for him this time, but next time it might not work out for him, and he.
Speaker 2: Can hurt the team.
Speaker 1: And if you're saying that, you obviously see something. Oh yeah, because we didn't have our emotions out there on our sleeves the whole time. We thrown out for that though they're not even looking, they're not even trying to. They're going to read because of our background. But you know what I'm saying, No, but it it's he's I kind of see because not the teams are taking cheap shots, but teams are getting shots on him and he's getting fouled a lot, and they're not necessarily calling it. So to your point being able to understand that, where's there, Matt Barnes, though, where's the Steve? I've said they needed a Wimby protector? They got to throw somebody out there. Definitely need a Wimby protector. I think that's something free agency. They need to go out and find a three number three.
Speaker 2: What's the number three names?
Speaker 1: Six? Man of years.
Speaker 2: He's trying, he's trying, but.
Speaker 1: That's not his game, that's not in his DNA. He seems to be like a good guy. You need someone who's an asshole to naturally to do that Mbambo and Plumb.
Speaker 2: I think the OK series, Yeah, Heed.
Speaker 1: They don't fly. Yeah, they don't get a chance to play. Yeah. If they can get Yeah, it's not someone to they're not. You're not going to get a type of but like a Jalen McDaniel's style of player. He's not going to get someone as good as him. But if you have someone that was ready to swing on anybody but also a lockdown on Dan can knock down threes, I think that's what they need. As I mentioned earlier, no spur or no team has ever come back falling down too ho after losing the first two at home. Every game has been close. This could very easily be a flipped series the whole. The Road team has won every game in this series thus far. Jack Game four tomorrow night, to your point, biggest game of the series. What do you expect from San Antonio?
Speaker 3: He little some of the same thing. I think they understand that they take care of the ball on the road, they gotta get a great chance. I think I know what Mintioned, what Pop always taught, I know Midget teaching.
Speaker 1: Them same thing.
Speaker 3: We just want to be around in the fourth quarter. That's all we care about. We don't care about you know, none of that. In the fourth quarter. We want to be in and reach to win the game. And I think that's the that's they that's their attitude, Matt. Just like last game, they wanted to play around. They don't want to make no mistakes, keep winning being the paint. You know what I'm saying on both ends, and we'll go from now. And I think that worked for them. As the hostel is gonna be a host environment New York. You know, Jaylen Brown's gonna come back with it, big game cat gonna play better.
Speaker 2: He's only took four shots in the fourth quarter last.
Speaker 1: Game, so Hilly took ten shots total. He needs to be in that team to sixteen seven point I mean Jayleen Brest and shooting twenty seven shots a game and averaging twenty seven points.
Speaker 2: He's playing like he wanted.
Speaker 1: DNVP get back to playing like Jalen with the team when y'all won thirteen games in a row, and I probably and then I guarantee you it'll be a different series. Second year man Stefan Cassel monster game three late free throws a big three down the Stretch twenty three five and five, Eightril fourteen, from the field. Does he remind you of anybody pastor present?
Speaker 2: He reminds me of two people. He reminds me of Derek Rose.
Speaker 3: Offensively with them hot steps and all that, and defensively, he kind of reminds me of a He kind of reminds me of Baron.
Speaker 1: On defense, he picks up a lot.
Speaker 3: He's not afraid to guard the toughest guards. You know, he takes on the challenge every night. You do not know about Baron Davis, y'all to know that he took he wanted to guard the best guards and took the challenges every night with a hurt me and all that. And that's that's the similar because Baron the full court. You see Castle getting a lot of steels and stuff going from steels. So I just like the heat. I coached him in the overson game, and I didn't see this guy, you know what I'm saying. I knew he was gonna be a great college player, but I didn't see them player. He turned into like a something switch where he's super competitive and he.
Speaker 2: Taking on everybody. I love to see it. Bro I'm just happy to see him coming into his.
Speaker 1: Own competing on both ends. Shadow Dylan Harper, you know, a rookie averaging fifteen, not scared of any moment, gets down yeah, gets downhill with the best of them. I was talking with I had some people over watching the game last night, not to the extent and probably the scoring click because I remember what James was doing. I wasn't really paying attention to people's numbers because I was still playing at this time. But you remember those young OKC teams that had Westbrook and Harden, but down the stretch who was running the pick and rolls down the stretch. Harper is running the pick and rolls for San Antonio. He's a monster, has been three level score, tremendous bounce. I really like what he's doing, stepping up in the moment. So this is he get a consistent jumping man. It's gonna be dangerous. He's gonna be a problems, he's gonna get it consistent everything. But what I like about these finals, Jackson, is their competitive Like these games could have gone either way with a few players, you know, a few different plays here and there, so Game four should be no different. Obviously, Trump, you know there's a there's you know, the rumblings over Trump going to the game and security and secret Service and no watch parties and all that other ship. And he fell asleep during the game, which we knew that was gonna happen.
Speaker 2: But I liked it.
Speaker 1: They didn't really make this. It was a little bit of a rumbling, but it wasn't They didn't make this the focus, like motherfuckers don't care that he's at the game. To be honest with you, I love that there was still good basketball played and it wasn't the focus that the cameras always trying to pan to him and figure out what he's doing. He was there. It is what it is. Adam Silver says some weird shit about why he was there and why he should be there, and and I saw the team, excuse me, the ESPN cast were kind of just like, Okay, they weren't really they weren't really rolling with it. But it is what it is. But again, I'm glad it wasn't the focus of the game. The basketball was the focus of the game. And oh, one thing I wanted to touch on, bro, did you see the Knicks fans after the game beating up people in the.
Speaker 3: Strategy like that was, this is my thing, bro, Like I understand, Like I guarantee you ain't gonna get none of that San Antonio, because because a lot of the people just drunk from having a good time at the game and they go home. But like when it gets to the point, like it says a lot not only about the fans, but about the people in New York because we know, like, like even it's a lot of people that's from New York that understand how good for basketball would be good if the Knicks won a championship. You got people that's not even from New York rooting for the Knicks just because of the long the long drought, you know what I'm saying. And even though people not from New York, a lot of people are Knicks fans. Like it's one of the it's like the Cowboys, it's one of the biggest organizations.
Speaker 1: So you have to like it somewhat, you know what I'm saying. Everybody's rooting for y'all, but when y'all do stuff.
Speaker 3: Like this, it's like that's the weakest shit you could do.
Speaker 2: Jump on people.
Speaker 3: Now, just imagine if they got a game in San Antonio and they do that to y'all fans.
Speaker 1: Some of y'all got celebrity fans. You see what I'm saying Like that that that that's real tacking on the Knicks. Behalf, bro, And it's not like I mean, not the organization, but the fan. Excuse me, it's not like this hasn't happened before. But it's just on camera now and it's just it's just out of pocket, pointless. You're attacking people just for wearing another jersey. And none of y'all getting paid by the Knicks, none of y'all. They're not gonna come bail y'all out if somebody died, they're not gonna put them in on y'all funeral. You're doing all this for nothing. Just enjoy the game, bro. That shit is tacking. I think Game four is gonna tell us who's gonna win the series. I agree, it would be crazy to San Antonio get two in New York and then now it's tied up headed back to San Antonio, so it's okay. See at home. I think role players have been key. They gotta be key, you know, and they always say, you know, you know, you normally know what you're gonna get from your stars, what are your others or what are your role players gonna do? Knicks role players been playing well. San Antonio's role player has been playing well. Man, So I'm excited for game four. Do you got a prediction of what you make a prediction after Game four?
Speaker 3: I mean, I still got the Spurs winning the series, but uh, I think the Spurs win by five.
Speaker 1: Some NFL news cooking blockbuster trade between the Rams and the Browns, Miles Garrett.
Speaker 2: Man, I've seen that ship.
Speaker 1: Player of the year traded to the Rams for a young star Jared Versus. I hate his name in the future, first in the end, second and the third round pick. There's also rumblings that Aaron Donnell, one of the greatest defensive coming time, could be coming back to He's still working out every day.
Speaker 2: Dumbest y'all could have done Cleveland, y'all got one of the best.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, now, Garrett to the NFC West Stafford. You know, coming down to the final chapter, looks like the Rams are going all in. And like I said, you know there is rumblings.
Speaker 2: Step is still one of the best quarterbacks.
Speaker 1: In the league. No question, there is rumbling about Aaron Donald coming back, so that should be really interesting.
Speaker 2: Didn't win n P MVP. Who Matt went the last year?
Speaker 1: Yeah he did? Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah the Rams now or never, this.
Speaker 2: Late in your career to win the MVP. That's how you know. You calding them off, bro, that's how you know is.
Speaker 1: The late twenties. He's probably really even for a minute, how does mouth here?
Speaker 2: Eight years?
Speaker 1: Thirty?
Speaker 2: How many years the league?
Speaker 1: Nine years?
Speaker 2: Nine years?
Speaker 1: We could talk about how they rob ze Fever rob Z in Mexico, Nah, the little point guard. But they let off Fever in scoring and was number one in the MVP voting and didn't even make the type of fever top five.
Speaker 3: But my vote when I hit the vote, it went to seventy five percent, so my vote went to save Proper.
Speaker 2: He should have won that.
Speaker 1: Fifty but they just done it. But I think it was a great experience. It's just the team is that it's crazy. You know. I was he we got the twins dual citizenship. Carter was hurt. Isaiah went out there and played. But they don't like Mexican Americans out there in Mexico. They don't like it's crazy. Like the team, the parents, the media, the refs like who's Mexican?
Speaker 2: What you meansky?
Speaker 1: Their mom is, Yeah, that's that's how they got dual citizenship. Yeah why not Glory's miskan. Yeah yeah that's how that's right, like real niggas. Yeah no, so yeah, that's how they ended up out there. But it was I think it was a great experence, you know, being able to play on that feeble level. I turned the day.
Speaker 2: I'm not joking. Call you paid nigga, you meskan for real.
Speaker 1: That's what people are like, why why are you out there? Why is your playing? Just like because of their mom, bro, their mom. It was a ready spirits, you know. It's not a lot of young talent. They're set out to Canada. Canada won the championship. They beat us A by two. But just a great experience. He was out there for a long time. But just a level of play in Mexico is a lot different than it is out here. But no, not even close, not even close. But great.
Speaker 3: Some caso, I mean that's the case, some avocado, fresh avocado and all that.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't get know that some caso dip that was fired with some terreso in it. Tacos Britos appreciate you guys ton in this week. Make sure you check out the Finals Game four tomorrow night, and we'll see you guys next week.