Speaker 1: The second date of dates. Most women have their own unwritten rules they set down for a first date. Now, Alexis might not agree because these rules I found online were written by men, but I think they're still pretty good. Like that, you think that number one always be willing to pay for half? Should I stop there? Or do you want me to? I didn't even get to don't drink too much? The best dates of sober date Man?
Speaker 2: Why find this? Why would Alexis want to remember?
Speaker 1: Anyway? We have a woman on the phone, Nam Katrina, who has her own unwritten rule for dates that she brings someone along on her first one every time. Wow, Katrina, welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: I think I'm more amazed that you can find someone to come with you every time, you know, like once or twice as a friend. Then I'm like, girl, I am not going on your eighth first date.
Speaker 2: Don't even want to go on their own dates?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Well, if you would pay for half of the meal, then people would be more than excited to hang out with you. And if you have a third you can triple it. You can split by three. There you go, But uh, we want to learn about you and your dating life, Katrina, so tell us. Who do you like to bring along on your dates with you? Like a friend?
Speaker 5: Honestly, I like to ask my mom to come.
Speaker 1: Oh god, why psychok No, hold on before you say anything. I love moms.
Speaker 2: If a girls shout up with her mom on a date, I'd be so happy. No, you would not. That would give me a hug.
Speaker 1: I'll get your approval.
Speaker 2: For a first date. Why would you do that?
Speaker 5: Well, I have my mom kind of creep in the background. It's not like she's sitting with us or anything like, just to make sure that, like the vibes are right and that I'm safe and you know, you never know.
Speaker 1: Some going to make sure your form is right on the kiss too, so some moms in You mean, she's just like a random person at the bar. Do you introduce her to your dates?
Speaker 5: No, spot on, She's just a random per it's not at the bar.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's better.
Speaker 2: It's better, it's better, that is I mean, it's okay. I'm sorry, girl, I'm glad you're here. I'm glad you listen. That feels unhealthy to me.
Speaker 1: Really, Brooke doesn't want to let her children leave the house until they're thirty years old.
Speaker 2: I mean, I say that, but I don't really want that to happen, just.
Speaker 1: Like you know, Brook is definitely going to be on the first dates with But hold on, let me just cut a steak really quickly, and then you guys continue.
Speaker 2: So I'm guessing the mom went on this one.
Speaker 1: We're being so judging here. We haven't even heard the date yet. Tell us about what what you guys did. And this guy that you went out with, Well.
Speaker 5: To start at the beginning, this guy Jeremy, I met him on I know you're gonna roll your eyes. I met him on gender.
Speaker 1: But that's way better.
Speaker 2: Than the first thing you started this.
Speaker 1: We're gonna try not to judge. Keep going. You met him online, all right, Well we got.
Speaker 5: On gender, and honestly, we hit it off pretty quick, but like it kind of seems stagnant, like it wasn't going anywhere. Like we talked for a few weeks, but most just talked about food, like we're both just big footies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, nice, Okay, so yeah, but it felt like it was kind of stalling where you say.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like I sort of just had to be like, hey, are we going on a date or are we just going to sit here and like talk about food that we're not ever going to keep together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, some guys do need that. They need that extra push to be like, hey, ask me out already.
Speaker 5: Right and after a matter of week, I'm gonna say something like I am that girl.
Speaker 2: So assertive and then bring your mom. I love it the first part.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know. We do this segment to find out what things you love and what things you don't. We got to figure out what Katrina did for her date here. Okay, So Katrina, where did you and your mom go?
Speaker 5: Okay, well he suggested sushi?
Speaker 2: Love that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I chose the restaurant because I knew where it was my mom and I've been there before, so that was also helpful.
Speaker 2: And so you're excited about this date.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I'm all in. I'm ready to go. And so I end up carpooling there with my mom and we get there like a little early, obviously because I don't want to get busted, But I have mom posts up at the bar and he and I meet up and everything's pretty normal at this point.
Speaker 3: Can I ask, like, when you're separated from your mother, are you guys like secretly meeting in the bathroom at any point are you giving each other signals.
Speaker 2: On the date?
Speaker 5: Not necessarily. I mean there was one point when like I got up to go to the bathroom and like I definitely did just one quick check in with her.
Speaker 1: Okay, you guy's risky.
Speaker 2: I look so much like my mom. If someone saw me talking, you know, a million.
Speaker 1: Percent totally, Yeah, the date would probably leave you for your mom because it sounds like if you only checked in with your mom once, the date must have been going pretty well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean we were making quick work at the sushi menu. We did it all, from sushi to sashimi to seaweed salad. We had a little bit of everything.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're leaning in on the body connection, you guys.
Speaker 5: Have, yes, definitely, So like it was pretty chill.
Speaker 1: How does a mom date end?
Speaker 2: Like does she watch you?
Speaker 1: Guys? I'm being serious.
Speaker 2: Because he can't walk her to the car because it's her mom.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so like my mom has the keys, Yeah.
Speaker 6: Right now, Well.
Speaker 5: We went outside and yes, I have to get in the car with my mom, so like I have to finesse this. So im like, hey, this was great, and I like gave him a big kiss, but like he kind of did seem a little surprised by that.
Speaker 1: You initiated it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, again, I am that girl.
Speaker 2: That's rare in front of your mom.
Speaker 1: Was it in front of your mom? Did you see?
Speaker 5: I mean yeah, she was like lurking in the background, lurking.
Speaker 2: Okay, and what do you mean? He seems surprised by the kiss. How so?
Speaker 5: I don't know, Like I kind of just threw it out there. It was quick. He was kind of like, looks like he was reeling a tiny bit.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 6: We did just eat a bunch of sushi.
Speaker 5: That could be on me.
Speaker 1: Maybe it was weird for him because his dad was also there juke box. The mom's over by the bar. Yeah, the grandparents are in the car outside. Everybody's watching.
Speaker 2: It happens. I will love it so hard, honestly.
Speaker 1: I really hope not, but maybe it will. If we come back, they'll call Jeremy for you and try and get your second date update right after this.
Speaker 5: Thank you hold on.
Speaker 1: Updates if you're just joining us for the second date update. We're on the phone with Katrina, whose first date would be an absolute nightmare for most of us in this room, but for her, it's totally normal to bring along her mom as the third wheel, just make sure that everything's going right. As far as we can tell, her date, Jeremy did not know that her mom was even there the whole time, watching, peeping in on their first kiss. Katrina, did you hold your finger up to give mom a count down so that she knew the kiss was about to happen? It would have been kind of romantic.
Speaker 4: Well, I think.
Speaker 5: Everyone was caught off guard by the kiss, Mom included.
Speaker 2: For some reason.
Speaker 3: I just imagine your mother in the window of that sushi restaurant just banging on it, saying, wait.
Speaker 2: To go, honey.
Speaker 5: Well, thank god that didn't happen.
Speaker 1: Okay, But after the date, your mom did approve of him?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, definitely okay, and.
Speaker 2: We never asked either.
Speaker 3: Have you talked to him since I know that you said the kiss took him off guard?
Speaker 2: But maybe have you heard anything?
Speaker 5: Eh? No, That's why I'm calling you. It's been awkward.
Speaker 1: I don't know what's up, weird, and hopefully we can help smooth things over. We're about to call your boy here and hopefully turn Katrina and Jeremy into the power couple. Katrami got a nice ring to it.
Speaker 2: Did we need to dial her mom in on the other line.
Speaker 1: I'm sure she's watching through one of the windows of the studio. I'm gonna dial him right now. Let's do it.
Speaker 4: Hello.
Speaker 1: Hey, is this Jeremy?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Who's this? Uh?
Speaker 1: We're we're a radio show. We're called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: Hey, Jeremy, how are you doing up?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 1: Quite the talker.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So a tough nut to crack, jeff maybe.
Speaker 1: But hopefully we can because we're trying to help out one of our listeners with this segment we're doing called a second Date Update. Basically, you went out with a girl named Katrina the other night to a sushi restaurant, and we're trying to kind of pick your brain about it.
Speaker 6: Uh, yeah, that was a scam.
Speaker 2: What what did you say? Scam?
Speaker 1: Like you scammed her?
Speaker 6: No, No, I think she's got some kind of operations is running.
Speaker 1: Can you please elaborate because we have no idea what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: She did not allude to any sort of scam when we talked to her.
Speaker 7: It was a date, right, Well, all right, we went to a sushi restaurant, We ordered a ton of food.
Speaker 6: Okay, so at the end, the bill came, and you know, I have a policy. I'll pay for the first day usually more than that.
Speaker 4: I just think it's the right thing to do. Although, I mean, we had a big night. We ordered a lot of food. So the guy came and she put down her card too, and I would say, all right, thank god that one I don't have to pay for this all. But two that that's nice of her to, like I said, I'd get it. But then she threw out her card, so I was like, all right, that's cool for birth Yeah, that's.
Speaker 1: Really considerate, Alexis. It is a nice thing. Guys appreciate that and like that about women.
Speaker 3: Whatever.
Speaker 1: I mean, consider it for next time.
Speaker 2: Get my card, Jeff. She says, oh, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: So sorry, Jeremy.
Speaker 4: Keep going, well, but hold on because the bill came and I got my card back, and I saw I had still been charged for everything.
Speaker 6: And I had a quick moment of what's happening. And then he turned to her and said, and here's your loyalty card.
Speaker 2: What oh, so that's her.
Speaker 1: Favorite sushi play?
Speaker 2: Wait, so like she threw it down.
Speaker 3: So like, if you order ten rolls to give the eleventh free or something like that type of deal.
Speaker 2: Is that what you mean?
Speaker 6: She was getting some kind of like reward points for all the money I just spent.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, that's a scam.
Speaker 2: Like why wouldn't she throw it down? Like you're eating there? You don't have a loyalty card.
Speaker 1: It's weird that she would get all the benefits from their meal together that he paid for. She should have said, hey, here, if you want, you can join.
Speaker 2: Someone buys me Starbucks. It's so hard for me not to put my rewards, are right, I don't know that that's a scam. I bet she just didn't even think about it.
Speaker 1: How much was it? How much was the bill that you paid? She has got to be a hundred or so.
Speaker 6: I think it was closer to like two hundred bugs.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I.
Speaker 6: Say it's the scam because I just suddenly got a flash of her taking like every internet guy to this one place and like racking up art.
Speaker 2: I'm racking up the free California rolls and nobody.
Speaker 1: Even knows you're gonna You're creating a little monster in our studio.
Speaker 2: My friends right now. I'm sorry. That is a big accusation.
Speaker 1: It is weird that none of that came up when we talked to her so much.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you she doesn't even think about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she just takes money from guys and gets the rewards for herself. Okay, we need to clear this up and actually have Katrina on the line. She is on the phone already, by the way, Jerry, wanting to talk to you.
Speaker 2: Does it feel less scammy?
Speaker 6: What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's how this segment works. We have them listening quietly and then have them jump in.
Speaker 2: That feels normal.
Speaker 5: Okay, sir, respectfully, what are you talking about? Like I'm running. You suggested sushi. I suggested the restaurant.
Speaker 2: Oh, she got you.
Speaker 6: Wait a minute, wait, you just said you picked the place.
Speaker 5: You picked sushi. So what I was going to talk to you for weeks on the off cans you would land on sushi even though I told you pick absolutely anything.
Speaker 6: Wait wait a minute, just answer me. Yes, you have you taken other Internet dates to that same place?
Speaker 5: Oh? Quite frankly, that is none of your business. And you know that's where my mom and I like to go. It's our favorite restaurant, she and I.
Speaker 1: So yeah, because you get all the free food there comes on you guys, Jeffery, you really think that she is going to spend hours talking to men.
Speaker 3: Then hours going out on terrible dates with them, like it is not worth Like I can't imagine all of that energy being worth whatever you end up getting.
Speaker 1: I guess I do, see, Brooks, you can be running a tighter scam than this to get them in. Maybe you need to like streamline this.
Speaker 6: Six thank you.
Speaker 2: The reward is not worth the efforts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, maybe I'm to buy some gift cards too. Next time you're there.
Speaker 6: You keep saying it's not worth it, then why would you bother putting down your card.
Speaker 5: You offered to pay, I said thank you because that is the appropriate response, And then I brought my loyalty card down. I'm not going to let one hundred and sixty bucks, like one hundred dollars bill go without like just putting points on my card like you're paying for anyway, Like why not it?
Speaker 1: So you said you and your mom go there? Did you use the loyalty points from this date on the next time that you and your mom went an ate there?
Speaker 2: Why would it matter?
Speaker 1: I'm just curious.
Speaker 5: I always use my loyalty card when we go and eat there. And yeah, we went there like a week or so after the date that he and I had, so like technically probably, but I had a lot of points on that card.
Speaker 1: You paid for several meals.
Speaker 2: You guys, you bought her mom dinner. Yes, I don't know why he's.
Speaker 3: So upset about this. Still, I totally you don't see an issue with this.
Speaker 5: Here's the thing, after hearing the way this man feels about me because I'm apparently a scam artist, let me just pull the curtain all the way back. Let's get real right now. Sure, the week or so after when I went there with my mom was not even the most important time that I went there with my mom. I think the most note for the time is the fact that my mother was there when we were on the state in the first place. She was at the bar.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't know if Jeremy knew that that's not a real bomb you think it is.
Speaker 5: Sure she was just watching to make sure that I don't get I don't know, murdered.
Speaker 3: And then.
Speaker 1: Jeremy, you gave off Do you feel like you maybe gave off some murdery vibes when you matched with her online?
Speaker 2: Her mom was going to save her.
Speaker 6: You thought I was going to murder you in the sushi restaurant.
Speaker 1: Maybe not in the restaurant, but maybe in the parking lot. Probably, Yeah, after you pay the bill, ob Yeah, they need the loyalty points.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think the more important point is did you hear that her mom was there?
Speaker 6: I don't even understand your mom is chaperone your days?
Speaker 5: Your Yeah, because there's a bunch of weirdos on the internet, so you have to be careful.
Speaker 1: People the internet weird you. Well, it's so romantic at this point, I just have to ask if you two would like to go out on another date. Moms and parents all invited, and Jeremy, we're going to pay for it this time.
Speaker 2: We'll give you your own punch card. Yeah.
Speaker 6: What do you think, Jeremy, This is like more twisted than I even imagine.
Speaker 1: There's no scam here. We'll pay for everything.
Speaker 6: Let her go out with their mom. I'm done, but they would.
Speaker 2: Like to do that.
Speaker 1: So the royalty points are running low, though, So who's going to pay for that?
Speaker 6: You guys? Will You already said you were going to give me a guest card.
Speaker 1: No, you're running a scam on us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I don't know. She's really good at it, though, I'm still okay with that.
Speaker 1: I know, four hundred.
Speaker 2: Freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: Wow, it's been a while since we've had fireworks like that happened between two of our callers, and this time it was all because of using a loyalty card on a date.
Speaker 2: Wow, is it really that bad?
Speaker 1: The whole time I recently was on a date and they asked me ify the loyalty card. I was like, I don't know, look up my number and it was a whole process and they did, though they found it. The bad part about it is that she didn't say she was using a loyalty car. Yeah, she made it seem like she was going to pay for the date, but then was like, oh, by the way, you're paying for everything and I'm taking all the points. She should have just been like, hey, they have a loyal program here, I'm a part of it. If you want to, you know, you can sign up.
Speaker 2: But scam artist over a loyalty card.
Speaker 1: I don't know, jeff we get why Brooke is so offended by this because she's a staunch advocate of loyalty card. Yeah, I got thirty seven in her purse right now. It's not everyone.
Speaker 3: If I know that I'm going to go back there in five years, I will still keep my loyalty number.
Speaker 1: Is that really loyalty?
Speaker 6: Brook?
Speaker 1: If you have every single grocery store.
Speaker 2: If I'm gonna save ten cents, it is worth it, Touning. I love a good coupon.
Speaker 1: Remember you can listen to all of our second dates wherever you get your podcasts at Brooke and Jeffrey, and you can always email the show. We'll call that person who's not calling you back.