Speaker 1: There was a problem.
Speaker 2: We're taking mud.
Speaker 3: We have done it. We've resumed Two Cool Moms.
Speaker 1: I am Joe Gatto, I am Steve Burn and two Cool Moms is back.
Speaker 2: We are back, baby.
Speaker 3: Hello, how are you? I'll see you.
Speaker 2: It's great to be back in the co pilot chair with you.
Speaker 3: This is fantastic. Yeah, it's been too long.
Speaker 2: Look at the ambiance. Where are we, Joseph.
Speaker 3: This is so beautiful. This is Look. You've got this.
Speaker 2: We've got this. We got here, we got a little of that.
Speaker 3: This guy's here. These weren't arms. We borrowed these from somebody that.
Speaker 2: Oh you know, you told me, hey, Steve, bring some things from yes, to decorate the set, bring something significant, something from home. I toiled with this.
Speaker 3: Oh I did.
Speaker 2: I spent quite a bit of time.
Speaker 3: Okay, oh, a fancy for to take a look. Okay, let's see.
Speaker 1: Let's see now that this is authentic, Yeah, authentic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's been a fairly family heirloom. Can you take the tag off? We've had the fair that's a family heirloom. We've had that in the family guards. Yeah. So my mom got that when she first came to the States, obviously years ago.
Speaker 3: Did you want to keep the tag for it then, just.
Speaker 2: In case, I'll return it. Yeah, and we're just like you know, whatever they see where these go?
Speaker 3: You know? Oh and this was you told me your grandma that brought this over.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, that's what she came over from. That's authentic.
Speaker 3: The price tag. She even get the price tag on it.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: I can't believe you paid twallet for this jail.
Speaker 2: Keep the receipt please, thank you. And that that's also here on set.
Speaker 3: Good good, You really dove into the duck theme.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: Look, I didn't just go in the store and go to one section. I went through the whole I went through the whole store. So there we go.
Speaker 3: Okay, and yeah, I got some tick tacks. Yes, in case you want to stay fresh.
Speaker 2: Oh, and that's we're kicking it off.
Speaker 3: There's no receipt. Okay, it's no receipt.
Speaker 2: God damn it. I just want to keep it minty.
Speaker 3: Fresh, a MINTI fresh set look good, bring a.
Speaker 2: Good vibe and energy to the room. By the way, feel free to dig in.
Speaker 1: I uh, I asked you to do one thing.
Speaker 3: You don't.
Speaker 1: You don't schedule it, you don't edit it, you don't even open the emails.
Speaker 2: I ask you.
Speaker 3: Excuse me, I'm speaking.
Speaker 1: I ask you, and I toiled with asking you to be like, hey, you know what's gonna be a fun set?
Speaker 3: Brings some stuff? Got ya?
Speaker 1: That's what I can open the text. Got ya, that's what you said. Okay, got ya. So you went We're in Times Square, obviously, and you went to the Times Square duck hut.
Speaker 3: I guess the New York duck cut. I'm assuming you spend forty seven dollars. Uh.
Speaker 2: By the way, not far off forty five really, And when he was ringing up, I was like, motherfucking But at the same time, I was thinking, well, this will be fun.
Speaker 3: For this would be great. It's worth a joke. You didn't want to did you forget to bring something? Yes? That was right, right? So okay that's what it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I think gotcha. I'm not sure if you know, but okay. So the night before I flew here, I was doing my show at Zany's. Yeah, and it's a CrowdWork show. So I do the series Steve Byrne versus New York or Nashville, right, Villa will punch up bluff, it doesn't matter, And so doing the show, and these guys read Clinch Red Clay Strays. Their tour manager reached out and said, hey, they're gonna come down. And they're a phenomenal band, phenomenal country like just root, classic roots, no production, huge production, just like bass, guitar, drums, vocals. These guys are amazing. So they come and I'm like excited. I'm like, oh, it's pretty cool. They're going to spend their off day coming to see me. This is very flattering. And then before I got there, and mind you, I haven't had a drink in a month. I've been keeping it nice and clean. I'm not vegan, but I've been keeping it nice and clean and keep it in check. And then I get a call from Joe DeRosa who's on a tour bus with Bert Kreischer, and they say we're coming in tonight, be ready, and be ready means hydrate. So anytime Bert's around, it just goes off the rail. So the night just kept happening. Surprise a surprise, I do my thing. Chris Kirkpatrick from en Sync is there. I bring him up with Bert or he just came. He came in and we met at a Steeler's function well from Pittsburgh.
Speaker 3: Greg. He comes down.
Speaker 2: We sing a country song together on stage, which is hilarious. It was a lot of fun. And then I do my set. Chris Kirkpatrick came up for sausage party, and then I go over the door. I'm like, you guys want to surprise tonight. I open up the door, I go des DeRosa comes out, DeRosa introduces Kreischer. Then Kreischer in use is Nate Barghetsi and now all of us are on stage together. And the night just took right off. So we had multiple drinks that evening. I got as I'm coming home, my flight got bump back, which I told and then I was like, all right, I'm just gonna I was gonna pack when I got home. I'll just pack in the morning. So there's a long story.
Speaker 3: Hence the ducks. Hence the ducks. So the ducks names of Bert, Joe, and Nate. Yes, that's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the title of this episode. Hence the ducks hens the ducks. Yeah, So I apologize about that because you did tell me. And I set aside things in my office to put my suitcase to bring to decorate.
Speaker 1: I can't wait till next time when you bring everything or have the excuse story to tell me why you didn't bring them, because that's likely what's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: But I'm excited about it.
Speaker 1: I actually got the direct Chris Kirkpatrick in a little short film written by Brian Q quinn and Savakanda Cold Pinky Poketo Bendido is Dead.
Speaker 3: And I did it in two thousand and four.
Speaker 2: Really yeah.
Speaker 1: I flew in because they their director fell off and they needed somebody. They had everything lined up in the head Kirkpatrick and they said Joey, you know, and so I said, off flying home and I did it and I directed it for them, and I got to direct Chris Kirkpatrick and Sal and Q in this short film which we'll never see the light of day. Really, Oh, it was horrendous. I think it came. I think it's one of those things that didn't you know, just age weird. I forgot even what the storyline was. It was on about like no, it was Q and Sal's and I think they've put it in the vault somewhere. Q might have it somewhere. I should talk to him to see if I'll release it. But it was like they were on a date and booths together with separate girls, and something happens when somebody goes to the the girls go to the bathroom, and then they start fighting with each other.
Speaker 3: A full feud. Yeah, it was funny.
Speaker 1: I just remember, but it was we were young in our careers and we weren't very savvy seasoned.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but uh, it was fun. I remember. I remember that. I haven't thought of Chris since that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have weird even during Trolls.
Speaker 3: The trolls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, every every kids movie that comes out. You were at the premiere of it, and I'm like, me and my kids are just going to go to a normal movie theater and rubbed shoulders with the stars, all of them.
Speaker 3: Man, I can get you a list.
Speaker 1: That's my favorite thing to do, hands out, going to movie premiere is my favorite thing.
Speaker 3: And my daughter's got the bug.
Speaker 2: Now, best movie premiere you've ever been to? Excluding jokers, because I'm sure that there's some that was mentality to serious hated wait that's your your movie is coming out.
Speaker 1: But it was so like the network put us like in the lobby of an AFC all. It wasn't even it was just everybody's crammed. We were allowed twelve people each, like it was so stupid, and my son had COVID, Like it was just it was like a thing and this is just yeah, just star pandemic.
Speaker 3: We didn't know it was COVID.
Speaker 2: Then you were you were one of the last.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my son was the outbreak.
Speaker 1: Monkett started the lockdown Nation zero.
Speaker 3: You were you were at the premiere? Yeah, yeah, yeah, you didn't come.
Speaker 2: Wasn't invited people. I never I never get invited any premieres.
Speaker 1: But premiers are great, I said, I would say my first, like big one was Wonder Woman, right and what a which was such a cool one because it was such a big deal.
Speaker 3: But I remember I've probably had gone.
Speaker 1: To some before that, but I remember Wonder Woman being one and for my plus one, actually I think I brought Justin.
Speaker 3: I think Justin was my plus one.
Speaker 1: The kid was our Hey DJ, Hey DJ came out and he and it was such a really, really cool premiere. But I had been able to visit that set. I saw the movie, and then I hung out and met Patty Jenkins after I had met her before, and then just met and hung out and had so much fun at that premiere.
Speaker 3: That was a big one for me.
Speaker 1: I know you guys are friends, yes, yes, great. And then the other one was Spider Man was unbelievable. Tom Hollands first Spider Man Wow, which was And those Marvel ones are are crazy. But I did get to steal my daughter to go to see Boss Baby two. And it took her like a date. And she was only like four, I think when it came out and we had time to kill right, and so we went and we got there and because we got into the city earlier, and we went and had sushi across the street and I went on like.
Speaker 3: A little date with my daughter. Oh that's great. Really, Now me and her to do all this sort of stuff together, which is so fun.
Speaker 2: Is she finally or she's obviously old er. Is she at the age now where she's starting to put it together? Like this is pretty cool. This is like a lot of kids don't.
Speaker 3: Get to do it.
Speaker 1: He takes the experience and I don't even know if she's comparing herselves with other kids, but she takes the experiences in which is great. Like we're going to Columbus, Ohio in two days ago see AJR the AJR brother Concert Oh that's great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I was supposed to.
Speaker 1: Go here in Connecticut and I had to have hernia surgery and I wasn't up to par to travel just me and her.
Speaker 2: So I was like, all right.
Speaker 1: I was like, I'm not gonna be jumping around this concert three days after getting stitched up in the bellies and I was like, I'm fresh. I still got this, you know, I guess still got the stitch in. And I was like, I can't do it. So we're going and I'm actually flying with her. We're gonna go stay over in Columbus and then go to the concert.
Speaker 2: And do you remember the last show we did together?
Speaker 3: Oh so funny.
Speaker 2: You were wrap old Joe Gaddle comedy tour. I couldn't believe you even did these shows. People don't understand you were in serious pain prior to and as soon as you were done with the show. You're the most jovial human being. Nobody hides. You're so good at compartmentalizing. Yeah, you could have a devastating personal thing happened to you and nobody would ever know. And you know, every show we'd ever do, you'd walk in. You're gracious to security, You're gracious to the people, run in the house, the sound guy, whatever. You're so kind and sweet. That was the only time I ever saw you where you were like as soon as the show was over, you got back, you pulled your pants down, get an ice bag. You look miserable. And I took a picture of you into the scale. One of my favorite pictures I've ever had of you, because it's because you're looking dead at me, but you're so honest. It's just like, I've never seen him like this.
Speaker 3: You know what, the worst you have, the show you have, the you have.
Speaker 1: That's so funny because you sent me we should put up aside by side of the picture. After my first set ever, Oh yeah, dad was not a comedy, right, I did it And.
Speaker 3: It's from Appleton, Wisconsin, because you're with me.
Speaker 1: And then the last show, Yeah, and I look withered. I look I was at the first one. I'm like, I did it, and the seconde like I did it.
Speaker 3: I just got out.
Speaker 2: But it's interesting because you know, you take a picture some of you, Oh you just you know, most people just smile. You put on a smile in that picture. Though, backstage in Wisconsin, that picture I did capture it's not just you smiling. You can see there's some resonance of like pride in it. Yeah, you took forty five minutes on stage for the first time ever going solo. And there's a different smile in that picture. Because we've got thousands of pictures together on tour.
Speaker 3: That but the crown in the other.
Speaker 2: My god, but to be there for the first and then the last, I got to put those side. I'll send them to you. Ye oh, my god, they're great.
Speaker 3: It's so bad. So you can see it on me. No, theres no hide in it.
Speaker 1: It was so funny because we didn't even have if you I don't know if you remember, we didn't have an ice pack.
Speaker 3: So Shae was with us and I said, Shay, she goes, what do you mean?
Speaker 1: I say, I say, need ice, And she just went we had done the shopping right whether she went and got like the snacks of the green room and she had a plastic bag and she went and asked him that had ice, And she cracked ice trays into the plastic bag from like shop right or whatever it was. And I just saw a plastic bag of house ice inside.
Speaker 3: My hates.
Speaker 2: Great show biz.
Speaker 3: Oh that's biz. That's a biz.
Speaker 4: Baby.
Speaker 1: I was driving here and I thought of something and that it was interesting because I was like, I've never seen this, I've never done this, and I wanted to ask you. I saw a girl crossing the stree where I'm sitting in traffic in New York City, right. I saw a girl across the street and she was just full blown crying in public, crossing the street by herself, and I was like, Oh, that woman's going through a lot. I was like, but also like, I don't know anything's ever happened to me that I would just continue my day and be.
Speaker 3: Crying, like in my commute and just walking.
Speaker 1: She wasn't even on the phone riding, she was just crying walking yeah, and pardon me. Wanted to be like, oh, I should ask her if she needs anything. So my question for you is, if you're that person that's crying in the street, do you want a stranger to.
Speaker 3: Come up to you and be like, Hey, what's the matter, or are you like, leave me the hell alone.
Speaker 2: I would assume that person's like leave me, leave me the hell alone, because obviously, if it's tapping into something that's resonant within your soul. That's that's bringing up that emotion. It's so personal, right, and you don't want somebody you have a complete stranger. And here's the thing about like in New York City, if she's hot, like every guy in the city's gonna be like, hey, you need some you know, And if you're not, it's just like she's just crying, which is which is sad because it's still just a human being that's going through something. But I think that's the instant natural thought that a guy would have in a joking kind of way. But have you ever I wouldn't want to bother someone, but you have such a you break barriers immediately. So I think that full shot a shop. First off, a complete stranger coming up to you and you're crying and going, hey are you okay? You'd be like wait what, But then you add the second layer, which you're so used to they put it together. It's Joe Gatto, What the fuck is going on here? Right?
Speaker 3: Did you say anything?
Speaker 2: Or no?
Speaker 3: No? I was driving and she was walking, so I was made things.
Speaker 1: But then I was like, I don't know if I've ever had and I've been through some stuff, but I don't think I've ever had a walking crying thing?
Speaker 3: Have you ever had a walking crying thing? I actually just remembered it.
Speaker 2: What do you mean?
Speaker 1: Have you ever been in public and just started crying? And I just remembered I had a walking crying thing in Manhattan.
Speaker 3: I just remembered it.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, I would I would never do that, but I did.
Speaker 1: I was seeing a girl and I had just moved back from la This is two thousand and five, and we had gotten together and I put together this whole thing, and I had gotten a hotel room and we went to see a play or whatever, and I went to Tiffany's and I had bought like the standard do you remember, like back in the day, there was that heart right that everybody you got, verybody I bought and then I you know, we we spent the night together in the hotel and then I gave it to her and she just was like, I can't accept this.
Speaker 3: It's I don't think we could be together. And I was like, and I.
Speaker 2: Sing, you guys hung out the night?
Speaker 3: Did yeah?
Speaker 1: And I started crying. She had just started seeing somebody. I think it was something and I had start because I just.
Speaker 2: Moved back from laure and she and I.
Speaker 3: Had started crying and I was singing, Oh God, I was singing my.
Speaker 2: Girl, Oh my God, thank you. I quit. I don't know this person. I don't know this person. This is a stranger. Show me your identification. I don't know you. You were singing my girl in the.
Speaker 1: And then I had to walk to get my car, and I was crying still waiting in the vallet.
Speaker 3: I'm just remembering. I was this woman.
Speaker 2: Here's what's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: Nobody asked me if I was okay.
Speaker 2: As soon as we're done taping, you can see a half Asian crying walking to DeRosa's apartment going I can't believe in Prontal with that. I did see. I did see a woman cry one time in the street walking and I did. I did approach because great, I see that appening. You have you have therapist vibes. Well, I was in my young twenty you know, you don't know any better. So I was just like, oh, that's somebody's in need.
Speaker 3: I go over.
Speaker 2: I go, mister, you do you need anything? She goes, I'm okay. I'm like, okay, if you need anything, just I'm right here. She's like I just came from a show called Fresh Towels.
Speaker 5: I can't.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, that's your I just put that together.
Speaker 3: Tickets available, Ticket's always available. We got Jiggy with this. Now we have a jiggycam, which is amazing. Mark your guards.
Speaker 5: You're always on a mic too. I got so much flak on tour, like get a mic for the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah yes, but now people can visually see you. And my favorite line, my favorite line when I go on tour with you guys is my opening line. You know, I love it. It's my favorite line. I go ladies and gentlemen. How about it for Jiggy? Keep up with him on social media and that's Jiggy spell with an N.
Speaker 3: And my fit part is that normally there's two people like that in the audience at LAM and he goes ah, they get it.
Speaker 1: I you know, Marked your Guardian is now officially signed up for my new tour. I don't know if you saw the artwork. It's the let's get into a tour my new tour with Joe Gallice. Well you're there, but then Marked your Guardian, Yeah, Mark, Mark's big deal.
Speaker 3: Maybe be size eight nine. I pumped up to a nine because your name.
Speaker 2: Is so long, it's a crazy name. I still don't know how to spell it. Yeah, I've been friends with you for quite a few years now, and I still have no idea.
Speaker 3: I don't I know if I know your middle name Edward. Oh, Edward, that's right. Mark.
Speaker 2: It took me a year to learn to even know how to say it Edward. I mean, uh Ji, Guardian. It took me forever to put it all together. I was like, I don't know how to say it, so I just said, fuck it, I'm not gonna I'm not gonna learn it.
Speaker 1: He also has forty seven emails that are still active. I don't know if you it all so and I type, I just type J I g in my like to say, like emails.
Speaker 3: I'm not even kidding. There's like nine emails.
Speaker 2: Coming back, a lot of email.
Speaker 5: I am very consistent with keeping Gmail, but I have like five different Gmail against you know, over the years. You're like, but they're dating by I've.
Speaker 2: Had the same email forever.
Speaker 3: I just had.
Speaker 1: I just did this thing where I signed the emails for my children because we got an Apple Watches and you had to send their iCloud. And I was like this is going to be their email for life, like thinking that, but I they could easily change it. But I'm like, this is a big moment, right, So I had some fun ones lined up and my wife was like, no, we're gonna use the name idiot, not gonna be silly Hampster twenty two.
Speaker 3: Cloud dot crop.
Speaker 5: You have numbers in your in your email, which is like a very Aol move of yeah, like that's very amateur, amateur.
Speaker 3: Well that's because there's a lot of Steve. There's a lot of Steve Burns.
Speaker 2: It's me blues clothes.
Speaker 3: Mark your guardian. I guess that's fair.
Speaker 2: But I marked your guardian one and no one would be like there's no two?
Speaker 3: Why yeah, why.
Speaker 5: Why stop giving away my emails? There's Mark Georgent one, two three. I have seven of.
Speaker 2: Them, seven emails and still tickets available. That's how pathetic it is. My son, by the way, is tapped into something. He you know when you got timing, right, you get timing. My son the other day, he uh, he leaves his cereal milk on the table all the time. I go, can't grab your milk, put in the sink and pour the milk out. I've told you a thousand times, go do it now. And he picks up his bowl milk and he looks at me and just goes.
Speaker 3: I've been up bed boy.
Speaker 2: And I fucking lost it, dude. I just bent over and I just kept crying laughing. And now he knows, he knows that's the thing. So I heard my wife yelling at it.
Speaker 3: Cat, I told you stop putting the towels on the ground.
Speaker 2: It's got to dry.
Speaker 3: Poke it on the hook.
Speaker 2: And I just hear I've been up be Oh my god, it is just brilliant to pull that out of the eighth after seeing it on a Looney Tunes cartoon. Oh my god, it's so funny. The best being a dad is best, So the best.
Speaker 3: That's great, man.
Speaker 2: But we are two cool moms and we're here to help. We're here to help. I want to ask you a quick question. Okay, do you remember that Kansas City chiefs kicker.
Speaker 3: He was Frank Dogado.
Speaker 2: Oh I forget. He was in the news like a month ago, and this made like the rounds, and there were people that are furious at him. But he was basically saying, you know, he was He was speaking at a Catholic university. He's Catholic, obviously, and he was saying, the greatest job a woman can to have is being a mother and a wife. And he was explaining that and then he said, you know, I'm here with the Chiefs. You know, I won a super Bowl, but the greatest job I've ever had is being a father and a husband. And I was thinking, and when you hear it in context, I was like, absolutely, you know, I've I'm a comedian, I've done fun things most people would.
Speaker 3: Be countless films, television shows, countless can take it, still ail ticket, still a al punch up live.
Speaker 2: But I was listening to him and I'm like, this guy professionally has has hit the crescendo.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: He's on an air defining team, he's a kicker, he's got a Super Bowl ring maybe one or I think two, maybe the peak of his profession. And he's still saying, take us out all that being a father and a husband is the greatest job in the world. And I was like, yeah, that I agree with that, and I think my wife would agree with her greatest role as being a wife and a mother. And it got taken out of count and just it turned into a news story, you know, And I was just curious if you had come across or anything just as a parent. I think anybody who's a parent could could hear that and hear it and go yeah, one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you know that the the title of that probably didn't say all that. You just said that's why. So that's why people get in feared, right. The title of the news story wasn't yeah, explained to that one.
Speaker 2: It was his picture and he's blown off on Twitter, like he tells he's basically telling women to get in a to make a sandwich. And it was like, I thought it was actually a really sweet sentiment.
Speaker 1: I think it's insightful if you're if you are, especially if you've concentrated a lot on your career like I had, and then shift your focus back to fatherhood and then realize the benefits of both. And I was like, you know, so I think that's that's a valid point. I would say, you know, fatherhood is probably the most rewarding thing.
Speaker 3: Sure, yeah, even more than you know.
Speaker 1: It's hard because like you think about everything that you've done and all that you've achieved, and I think that even if I can't eve imagine because we do like our jobs.
Speaker 3: But I can't even imagine people like that hate their jobs. Right, and then they're like.
Speaker 1: But at least I get to be a father, right, because there's that side of the coin too.
Speaker 3: Of course, people like that's the only enjoyment they get. You know, imagine if you if you go for two I mention if you hate kids and you're a real dumb fuck kid, just and like, daddy, I want to eat chalk. You're like, shut up.
Speaker 1: Just banging his head and he's like, you know, he's like, I've been a ben boy.
Speaker 2: I really had.
Speaker 3: He's not doing he's not doing it with he's not doing it with comedic timing. He's just been like I've been whoa, whoa she has a bow and arrow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like it could be that could be like a they're over to this.
Speaker 3: Oh man, that's in existence. Nobody wants.
Speaker 2: No, those people end up on dateline, yeah for sure. Yeah, it's always the hut.
Speaker 3: And then they become famous.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well we're here to help, right, We're here to help, and that's as as two fathers, we once again have given been given great maternal advice from our moms, and we're here to help you guys. So before we kick it off, two cool moms. Pod at Gmail is where you send all of your queries, an your dilemmas. You can even send us a video.
Speaker 1: Now we're going to video submissions, video submission, say, you can send us a video as well.
Speaker 3: We're really updating everything here.
Speaker 2: It's we're pumped. We weren't coach before. I wouldn't even say that. When we first started, we were with Spirit Yeah, and now we're Delta in the executive lounge.
Speaker 3: Comfort plus comfortless. Yeah. Okta.
Speaker 2: Here we.
Speaker 5: Head to the first question. All right, this one comes from.
Speaker 3: Also Yes, I'm sorry, who's speaking this is?
Speaker 5: This is Jiggy kadd.
Speaker 3: Pat and bending.
Speaker 5: All right, so this one comes from Alex who hit us on the Instagram. Good evening, Cool Mommy's my name is Alex. I'm in the Air Force, so he's in the.
Speaker 3: He's thank you for I have to say that, right, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Out of all of them, they get to fly around, did the best, they get treated the best, but thank you for your service.
Speaker 5: My wife is afraid when I get out of the Air Force and become an airline pilot that I'm going to be gone for long stretches of time. How do I calm her nerves for being gone for about fifteen to twenty days a month. Thanks for the help and love you both.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nobody's going to be shooting at you, honey, like nobody's gonna be trying to take my plane down and will active war.
Speaker 3: So that's the plus. I guess you start with the pluses pluses.
Speaker 2: Here's the negatives. I would just start sending pictures of hot stewardesses. Don't worry, I'll be well to take care of Jetty gets hungry on the road.
Speaker 3: All right, it's seriousness, let's see.
Speaker 1: So well, the biggest thing is a career change, right, so you're gonna you have to deal with that, which is what we've been through.
Speaker 3: I'm sure stretches the time apart is tough.
Speaker 1: So you're just gonna have to make sure that the time together is spent together, or that you're in the moment while you're there. I think that was a pitfall I had had at one point, was when you were present, you were there, but you weren't you know, there physically, and you're not there emotionally or mentally, or you know, just be there in the moment.
Speaker 3: That's going to be the most important thing. I think.
Speaker 2: Yes, two guys that travel a lot, we've had discussions about this as well. And you've lost a lot of weight. Yeah, you normally would like push that. You can't even push it out to be funny. No, not. You look fantastic, Thank you, But I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: What the hell is that has to do with day for Sorry?
Speaker 2: Sorry, I was just looking at it. I was like, wow, you look great.
Speaker 3: You don't look like an airline carrier anymore.
Speaker 2: But no, I agree with you. That was something you had said. And Billy Gardell, a good friend of mine, told me years ago. He's like, because you had mentioned it, you know about everything whatever. You've been pretty public about things. Yeah, you know to a degree. But but like when you're home, be home, and like I make sure to spend as much time as I can with my children, but I also do everything I can to be like, all right, just why don't you and I go to lunch today, or let's let you and I take a walk and just you know, feed the security for her because those days that I am gone, you know, she's by herself. She's spinning so many plates. And also you know, there's I'm working in Vegas all the time, I'm boozing it up. I'm out till three or four in the morning, so I'm still checking in with her, But I want to do everything I can to provide her with a sense of security. That's this relationship that you're attacked.
Speaker 1: I think you neverled it on the head because insecurity definitely creeps into when time's apart on both sides of it, Like when I'm away and like if I call and she doesn't pick up the phone, like I'm like, what's what's happening?
Speaker 3: What's going on? Or I'm like, you know, what is everybody okay? It's like, you know that's addiblely you go through the houses on fire, the dogs bright and everybody right, you know.
Speaker 1: But I think that's that's a part of it too. So to help blanket all that and bubb will wrap those moments. It's like to make sure the time spent together is reassuring there's love there and and you feel like you have a partner in the moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, security, I think is the insecurity is what is where I think trouble stem from. Right the minute, it's just like there's question there's whatever. I don't know why I'm thinking about. Billy Gardell one time told me a plumber came to his house one time and he and it's during the day and he's like, oh, we've got a plumber. I didn't know we have a plumber. I guess there's some issue. There was an issue, and it was like five grand with the plumbing stuff. Okay and uh and and he said the guy was kind of good looking, you know. He comes in, it's a good looking plumber. He writes a check for five grand, and his wife is kind of like a little twinkle in the eye. He's like, Okay, that was weird. And they're like three weeks later, he's coming home and he sees the plumber and he goes, five grand. Please tell me my wife that's great. Rather but to the to the to Alex, I believe the Air Force pilot a thank you so much for for what you do. And then as two frequent flyers, thank you very much for keeping us safe in the skies, especially with all these crazy videos you see. Sure of everybody on the airlines, I've never seen an incident like that happen, but I'm sure it must be a common occurrence because it's always in the new stuff.
Speaker 3: For as much as we fly, I've never seen it back. I never had one.
Speaker 2: Hup, Yeah, never seen it.
Speaker 1: Oh we said it out loud though. Now watching Forget it's gonna be awesome. Yeah, yeah, for sure. And you're flying next, so let me know, get back to Nashville. How that goes. Yeah, I would just say, spend time together and uh, you know, re sure. And also be in touch when you're on the road. Yes, be in touch on when you're on the road, that's very important.
Speaker 3: Be able well out.
Speaker 1: Don't answer while you're flying, put it on the do not to stare it while you're in the air. But because you don't want to, you don't want to come over yell you about the life.
Speaker 2: But don't they just flip in an autopilot. That's what I hear they do now because the computers are so good, they're there to help ascend problem. But once you're up there, you just kind of flip a switch and you're just kind of yeah, but what do you think they're doing?
Speaker 1: End I'm playing angry birds like they look at beat boops and things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they gotta make sure you get it. The beatpoops and all right, yeah, all right.
Speaker 5: Next question comes from Celeste. She says she believes that honesty is always the best policy, but I'm not sure people always want to hear the truth. If you ask me a question, I'm going to give you a totally answered, honest answer. Is there any time when honesty is not the best policy?
Speaker 2: Well, I'll tell you this right now, there is not a human being on the planet that is better at being honest than you. You are, so you cut to the bone so quick, there's no bs and around you. I and there's another good friend, a mutual friend of Vince Vaughn. He's the same way. He just let's get to the truth right now, what is the truth? And I will tell you the truth, so we're not sugarcoat in this and bullshit. And those friends I feel are better to have than the one that kind of pussy foots around it and is going to be sweet and kind. Yeah right, And then it takes you like four weeks or even four years later to go, why didn't you ever say anything? You know, I think those of the situation, the paradigm of that relationship. I'd prefer to have the blunt force instrument as opposed to the sugar coated you know friend what is That's that's what I really appreciate about your friendship. So you are as honest as the day is long.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I don't know how how you took to it in the beginning.
Speaker 1: And I love the freesture for you too, because you and I, you know, we established a friendship for real after like we were just we were friendly and whatever. But you and I we're righty to die now. But you in the beginning, I don't know if you knew how to take I like it though, yeah, because I think I think you got there because they're like, oh, that's just how he Oh, that's how he is. Like yeah, I think it's It's interesting, right, I think it's interesting. You have to you know, there are levels of honesty with you are with different people, Like I'm very honest with you, very honest with the boys.
Speaker 3: You know. I'm honest with you.
Speaker 1: You know, I have other friends that I'm honest with, but maybe like I won't say as much sure or as quickly, you know, right, I think there are But I do think always honesty is is pretty it is important, but also not at the expense of people's feelings, and I think that's where the blawings get blurred.
Speaker 2: You're you're a very emotional, intelligent person, Like there have been one or two times where I may have said something on stage or went went the wrong way. And you're you're a leader. You're smart enough. You've been in situations where you're leading where you you just say, hey, can I talk to you for a second, and you you're you're smart enough to go, let's not do this in front of everybody. Yeah, no, need to Let's do it here. You know, some people want a grandstand. Some people want to like, hey, I'm going to go around and stuff. It's just like it's ridiculous. So I you know, something is easy, Hey, where do you want to go eat? I don't care, let's go. You're like, you know, if I say, hey, let's go at sushi, I don't want sushi, It's like okay, we know, because you could end up with somebody who didn't really want sushi, but they're gonna sit there and they go along with it. It's like I didn't really want to go. Well, why didn't you say anything?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: And I think that's that's why I prefer to have somebody who's right there so you understand the dynamic and now there's no there's no hard feelings one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: I think there's certain things where the number one thing if your feelings get hurt, say something, because no one knows how you're feeling unless you say it. You could and then you get yourself upset because like, well they should know I'm upset. They don't, So let them know the way that they're definitely gonna know you're upset and have a chance to correct something.
Speaker 3: Right, And we've had this conversation a bunch.
Speaker 1: Is like, if you say it to them, they know you're taking out off the table.
Speaker 3: The people not knowing because you drive yourself crazy.
Speaker 1: Right You're like, oh, I wish they you know, I wish they knew, Well why don't Why don't they know?
Speaker 3: Because they just they don't know, right, you know?
Speaker 1: So I think that's a big when when honesty comes into play, Be honest about how you're feeling to people.
Speaker 3: I think that's number one.
Speaker 1: And people can't handle it, then they just maybe it's not supposed maybe it's not for you, But.
Speaker 2: I've come to you for advice. You recently I called you about a situation where a friend of mine and you know, again, it's just like that person thinks differently than you. Isn't that amazing? It's like, oh yeah, yeah, of course they operate differently. So it was, you know, it's good to get those reminders of a different perspective at times. But but I believe you are one hundred percent correct. Honestly, is the best policy. And it's something even with my wife, I think we're I.
Speaker 3: Was just gonna ask you, would you tell jess Youdan like her outfit?
Speaker 2: There have been occasions without her prompting it. She always asked, though, She's like, do you like this or this? I'm like, I like that? God, you know, because I just know, you know, but half the time I don't care.
Speaker 3: Me and Bessie just.
Speaker 1: Went to a gala, uh two nights ago, I think it was, and and she was like, and she just had and I went, oh, no, not for you, and she started laughing. She goes and then she goes, yeah I didn't. I wasn't sure. Oh I'm sure this is not a good dress.
Speaker 3: We gotta try someone else. We got, I said, what else? We got in the hopper and that was what she.
Speaker 1: I mean, because we've been together so long, she gets it. But the same thing with me, Like she'll be like those shoes. But I think I bring that out in her because we allow it, Like we allow the honesty in her house.
Speaker 3: And even my daughter and son. I see them now.
Speaker 1: My daughter, like she'll get dressed and she'll like, you know how everybody's like, look how perfect my little princess and whatever? You know, my doos got great style. She just loves it. And she'll be like that and I'll be like, I was like, is that the jacket we're gonna go with? And she's like, I have another one? Should wear that one?
Speaker 3: Like she like talking about it, like look how pretty my princess is. You know.
Speaker 1: It's like, you know, you want to show them that there's options and different things.
Speaker 3: It's not like you're not going to hit home run every time.
Speaker 2: But it's great again to go back to security. Your daughter has security. She's cure in herself, and I think that's so important. The other day, I was walk up with my son somewhere and I was ribbing him. I was just giving it to him, you know, in like a funny way, like I was saying something about something he'd like his appearance, and he just laughed it off, and he laughed along with the joke instead of being like, do you really not like that? And I was like in that moment, I was like, I didn't realize until he was laughing, but I was like, am I being a little hard on him? But then I was like, he's rolling with it. He's so confident in himself. He's laughing at it. He's not saying, Daddy, you hurt my feelings or something like that. And I just thought, boy, that's a great what a great trait that is, and something I wouldn't have even thought about or put together unless I had that moment, you know.
Speaker 3: The best thing to do is like, like, I'll get that.
Speaker 1: Like with the jacket thing, she was like, she's like, she's like, should I wear this jacket?
Speaker 4: This?
Speaker 3: Check? I said, what, Jack, do you think you were right? I'm not going to tell with the way, what do you want? Which one do you think you like better? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And then she'll put that one on and she's she's like, how does it look? I said, do you like it?
Speaker 3: Like? That's it? Like?
Speaker 2: Yeah, great, good, let's go what makes you feel better.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it doesn't. I would have put the other jacket. She looked like shit, but I'm not going to say that.
Speaker 1: So I was like, you know, you picked that jacket, you picked the wrong one. We're going to go out in public with it this.
Speaker 2: I'm We've been to so many restaurants, right, so many restaurants. The water's like, how's the food? Jes like, that's okay, I know, don't ask me. It's I've never seen anything like it, like like and then they go okay. But like most people I think would just be playing, go it's great, thank you so much, and you go back to it. It's like it kind of sucks, but you will always always always be honest.
Speaker 3: Well I'm not in polite.
Speaker 1: You're never like, hey, listen, this was great, but the mashed potatoes they were a mess.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah. You know, there's been desserts that have come to our table, like, hey, how was the cheesecake and they're so proud of which I was like, it was okay, Yeah, it.
Speaker 3: Was okay, you know, but you know what, the sherbet was fantastic or.
Speaker 2: I don't like it. Yeah, one bite into a meal, I don't like it. Give me something else to take this. Yeah, I mean most people picture this. I just I'm not gonna put myself.
Speaker 3: Through eating this. Give me the penny, you know.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna sit here and be like, oh I should have got the penne No, I'll get the Yeah, I'm not gonna do it.
Speaker 3: Why life's too short. I got honoies to clog get into it.
Speaker 2: But it is one hundred percent the way to live if you can. I can't bring myself to be as confident as you are to be that honest. But but I'm telling you, you just you you shortcut so many other things. People know from the jump this this is gonna be what he wants to get this done. Otherwise you know, you're just wasting time.
Speaker 1: I will say honesty is a great policy, but also be mindful of people's feelings. Yes, don't be mean about it, like if you know it's like you know.
Speaker 3: These people like, I'm just honest. If you can't take it, you can't take it. That's not my approach.
Speaker 1: I'm not like right right right, because I don't put myself in situations where I'm just like, oh, you look, you're so stupid.
Speaker 3: Like I'm just being honest.
Speaker 1: You're stupid, right, Like, that's not for something that doesn't help anybody.
Speaker 3: That's not right, right. You know, I could think you're stupid and you wouldn't even know it ever, But I wasn't. I was just looking to you for the next question. Don't be so stupid. I love you.
Speaker 5: All right, we'll have to we'll do a fun question.
Speaker 2: This one's a fun one.
Speaker 5: This one's from Yeah, these are all This one's from Grace, which is particularly fun. I don't know if this is a question from the internet, but I loved it. Uh Is the kool aid man the jar or the juice?
Speaker 3: Oh? Oh yeah, that's a great question.
Speaker 4: Night.
Speaker 2: He's got to be the jar.
Speaker 3: He's gotta be the jar. So you're just saying, if you pour out the kool aid, is he dead? Is he got empty? Is he an empty boss?
Speaker 5: Is he talking from within the jar? Or is he the jar himself?
Speaker 2: He's like he's like Frosty. He's like frost Frosty.
Speaker 3: Melts right, There's no, he's a puddle. The puddle's not talking to you, so he's not.
Speaker 2: This is a quest.
Speaker 3: Okay, So that's a great that's the right way to go down it.
Speaker 1: So if the frosty the snowman melts, the puddle's not talking to you.
Speaker 3: The snowman is gone.
Speaker 2: He's gone.
Speaker 3: Got it. So now if the juice gets poured out, he's gone. He's gone.
Speaker 2: That's what I would. So he's the jew And then I thought that the jar is him because he's got hands and legs. Right, he's got it. Does he have a little spoon, Well.
Speaker 5: Here's that when he comes when he blasts the wall. Yeah, but when he blasts through the wall, his face doesn't juggle in the in the juice. Yeah, if he was the juice, he with his face would juggle a round.
Speaker 2: Wait, all that all that mortar and brickshit was that would get in there too. I'd be like, you gotta clean it. You can't drink that cool Yeah, you can't drink it. Nobody's drinking that cool aid.
Speaker 1: I don't care how big the cult is you if you're if you take the kool aid man and you grab him by his grabbed by the scuff of his neck, and you tilt him over like a teapot and pour everything out, is a kool aid man and you stand it back up?
Speaker 3: Does the jaw go? Why do you do that, does the puddle go? Why am I out here? That's that's the conundrum.
Speaker 5: It's a real conundrum.
Speaker 2: I think it's gotta I think I'm going I'm going with my Frosty thesis.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: I think if Frosty meltz, there's no Frosty. And I think if the kool Aid is drunk, he's kool Aid, he's kool Aid.
Speaker 3: It's kool Aid man.
Speaker 2: It's the it's it's the product. Right, he is the kool Aid. He's not there to sell you a jar. He's there to sell you the powdery.
Speaker 3: So you are equating the vase to the magic hat, right, because if he's in the vase, he becomes alive to become this person.
Speaker 1: So once to put a Frosty the cap on a snowman, he becomes Frosty the snowman. So if you take the hat off, Frosty unfrostified. And if you break the vase, cool Aid's dead. So I would say, I think we're all We're all on team.
Speaker 3: It's the kool Aid.
Speaker 5: What do you think I always thought it was a jar.
Speaker 2: Oh, so you're on the opposite side of the fence here.
Speaker 5: I think it's the jar because the face does he move?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're dumb.
Speaker 5: The face doesn't move, like every time he walks, his face doesn't.
Speaker 3: I see. I get the nou sloshing thing.
Speaker 5: I think that the kool Aid creates the man within the jar.
Speaker 3: The kool Aid is the man in the jar. It needs to be in the jar though, so there won the symbiotic.
Speaker 5: I think biotic thing. Okay, I think the jar comes alive.
Speaker 2: Get out.
Speaker 5: It comes alive with the Jews.
Speaker 2: Dude, I mean there's there's a part of that frosty element. Then, yeah, that's the analogy. But you're on the other side of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're you went you went left?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, you know, we don't want to be devisive here on two cool moms and Jiggy.
Speaker 3: Apparently it's cool.
Speaker 2: You're also mega you want the pizza hat on instead Pizza Gate.
Speaker 5: We had time for one more.
Speaker 2: By the way, Jiggy is the only comic I know that always wears his own merch. It's a cool hat though, that's the Well, that's why, that's why I like that hat. Yeah, I really do like that hat, and I still have mine. But it's the white with the it's the white with the black mesh and the I wear other.
Speaker 3: I wear other people's march all the time. Do you I love that? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I do that. You and sal do that a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I like I like to promote other people's stuff, and I also like to be comfy.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm I'm promoting this uh little known band called Oasis.
Speaker 3: Oh, I thought you were talking about you promote you promote the desert. You're like, I love the Sahara.
Speaker 2: We're these guys pretty awesome.
Speaker 3: Okay, well more.
Speaker 5: Final question comes from Brandon from the Instagram says, my brother is dating a girl that's clearly manipulating him, and my parents won't do anything about it. What should I do?
Speaker 3: Oh? That's tough.
Speaker 1: Uh So he's got his brother's got a girl and he doesn't like it, basically doesn't like it, doesn't like the way that's going into you know, other people's business is tough, though.
Speaker 3: Manipulating the parents though, that's how.
Speaker 5: I think I read it with the wrong emphasis. Girl the girl dating girl is clearly manipulating him, and my parents won't do anything about it.
Speaker 2: Oh, gotcha?
Speaker 3: So that changes the whole question. You want to try again? Yes, try it again, jig Hey.
Speaker 2: Dumb, dumb.
Speaker 5: My brother's dating girl that's clearly manipulating him, period, and my parents won't do anything about it.
Speaker 3: Oh, inflection changes the question.
Speaker 1: He's waiting for the parents to do something about it, got it. He should be waiting for the brother to do something. Hey, dude, what's his name again?
Speaker 3: Brandon?
Speaker 2: Hey Brandon? Why don't you get laid and not worry about it? Dude, whyn't you stop being jealous of your brother because he's crushing ass? Oh? Yeah, you want a fresh one from your older brother or from uncle Stevie. Hit the streets, find a girl, go to Dave and Buster's at Happy hour, make it happen.
Speaker 3: Christ lose to for one ski Bols.
Speaker 2: No, he's looking up for his bro. That's really sweet.
Speaker 3: That is sweet. But I mean that's the to your pointers. You can't do it. You can't do it.
Speaker 1: I mean, I didn't you know, if you don't like somebody, they end up, you know, getting married, having kids. You're the godfather of this kid that you hate, this hateful child.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know you know that's it. I mean, it could be it could be a very nasty road. Yeah, you know what you know.
Speaker 1: Then all of a sudden, you know, he gets sick, passes away, and now you got take care of the wife because she's got an injury from the big accident they were in.
Speaker 3: Her legs don't work, and now you're pushing the wheelchair.
Speaker 1: And now you're stuck with this woman that you were like, I didn't like you back in the you know, twenty year five years ago.
Speaker 3: That could be tough. You don't want to put yourself in that situation.
Speaker 1: Why on your business you really paint a picture? I'll tell you, because that's the thing that can happen. Let's say HM and a girl, they get together, they get married, Okay, and now that's the end of life. All this is the in law. You go and you spend the holidays and you want to Thanksgiving passed me the turkey. We don't eat turkey. We need toe furkey. We're trying to say the turkey. So fuck you, bitch, I want turkey. You can't have turkey. You ruin in my life. You say all this at Thanksgiving, you walk out, you don't talk for twelve years. Your brother has a devastating accident, he ends up passing away, and now that. She's like, you know, I, if you ever want to see your nephew again, you're gonna come and have te furkey. And he's like, ah, fine, I have t Ferky. You go there and have toll ferk. You get locked in the house, it gets taken over by strangers, and now you're in a hostage situation.
Speaker 3: The only way to save our life is to kill the nephew.
Speaker 1: Now you kill the nephew, and now you have to marry the wife.
Speaker 3: And now she's your wife. And now if you said something twenty five years ago, she would hold that against you.
Speaker 1: Dadda, Yeah, wow, you really I think about these things.
Speaker 2: That is absolutely part of the multi verse. Is you you you doctor stranged it for us?
Speaker 3: I did? I did? Or you could just you know, say I don't like your girlfriends like me. Neither got.
Speaker 1: God you said something to get it. Get in people's relationships is tough. I always try to step back. I made the mistake once of telling one of my very good friends that I didn't like the woman he was with, and uh, they were still together for multiple years after that, and it was very awkward. Oh man, Yeah, and he didn't he didn't appreciate that, and then I was like, I think that open my eyes to be like some things you just don't need to make your business even though if you feel like you were doing the right thing for your friend, which I did feel like I was doing. I was just telling him I don't think this is the right one for you. And he did not receive that.
Speaker 2: Well, right, but there they are still together.
Speaker 3: And no, okay, I was right, but I don't put in his face.
Speaker 2: At the end of the day, you were right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, at the end of the day, I was right, but I don't like to rob it in his face. But he knows.
Speaker 2: Is he sitting in this room, No, he's not.
Speaker 3: I was looking at the camera because he watches and you know so.
Speaker 2: Also so this just the little clues we get in the emails. It's like he's reaching out to his parents to do something about it. He seems young. The brother's obviously young. It's a fresh relationship. So what's his name again, Brandon?
Speaker 3: Just know this.
Speaker 2: There's gonna be a thousand girls that are going to be interested and dating and maybe not and all this there's only one one. They would say, Oh, I'm looking for the one. There's only one one. Sometimes there's two ones, sometimes there's three ones in a lifetime. So odds are if this young relationship is going to ride it out, they're going to learn experiences from it and make the next relationship even better. So just I know you care about your brother, just shut your mouth, write it out. You can't do anything about it. Mommy and Daddy can't do anything about it. And mom and dad are a little more experienced than you are, and if they ain't doing shit, then you shouldn't either. But it's great that you care about your brother. That's the win.
Speaker 1: Eventually, your brother is going to be walking the streets holding a Tiffany necklace.
Speaker 3: In his hand that she gave back and crying, and somebody's gonna.
Speaker 4: Say, my bro, well, that's been too cool obs.
Speaker 2: Great job, great job, buddy, too great to be here in this new space. So we just keep upgrading the pod. Yes, but folks, please submit video queries, your dilemmas, any issues, interesting questions you want us to solve anything where you're about Too Cool Mom's Pod at gmail dot com. Not to be confused with Jiggy sixty eight seventy five Socks Forever at gmail dot com.
Speaker 3: Yes, don't want to mix them up. We'll follow our Instagram.
Speaker 1: It's at two Cool Moms Pod and uh yeah, subscribe to all this stuff.
Speaker 3: We love you.