Speaker 1: All right, So it's Bethany and Brynn and this is mo embarrassment. So we were in the pool this weekend and we were chatting, soaking up the final rays of summer, and I was talking to Brent about a couple of things that happened, and I gave her my perspective because I know it all, and then she gave me her perspective, and I was kind of shocked by her perspective on some things that I think are clear as day. So I'm going to tell you a couple of things that happened that I've talked to you guys about I've talked about on TikTok. People have really related, moms have related, moms of tweens have related. And then Brinn's going to give me her perspective on the topic, so you can see what a tween is thinking. It's sort of like a she said, she said. So last weekend, I was invited to a party by a friend of mine who I know in the Hamptons, who lives really close and they have a daughter who Brinnan notes she happens to be in her class and they're friendly. But it's not like one of her BFFs. So the friend didn't invite her. The mom invited me and said, if you and Brynn want to come, there'll be a lot of kids her age. Also, there'll be a lot of adults there. We'll have drinks and food, et cetera. So what kind of in fairness was for Brinn to be invited because there would be a lot of kids her age, but also I was invited. We were both invited, but they were letting me know that while it is a kid family friendly event, a lot of parents will be there. And they're a family that goes all in. They do candy trucks, and they do carvel and pizza and bouncy houses and slides and phone pits, and it's insane, it's amazing. It's like something to look forward to. Brynn would never miss it now. So I was tired that day and I was going to look cute and go with her, but instead I said, I'm just going to drop you off because I don't need to go, and are you going in? And she said I'm totally fine going in by myself. And when I dropped her off, we made sure that there was actually like there were actually people there we got there a little bit late, so she didn't feel like she was awkwardly walking in alone. And she was told some of her friends were going, but she didn't necessarily know for a fact. So I didn't want her to walk into this party U solo, I mean, without knowing that she was going to feel safe. So I dropped her off. She's I said, just I'm sitting here outside. Just text me that it's okay. So she texted me, She's like, it's fine. So I left. So I went home. I took a nap, and then I woke up, and I thought, let me get dressed. Let me put on my cute Labor Day whites, because I wanted to get in all my white dresses over the weekend and jam in twenty white dresses.
Speaker 2: In two days.
Speaker 1: And I show up and I walk into the party and I see the adults and I say hi, and they're like, oh, you're looking for Brinn. You're looking for Brinn. And there was another mom who had another Brin and oh, Brin's here, And like, parents, do they want me to know where my child is. I'm in a big house, big outdoor. There's a lot going on. Just wanted to connect with my own child at the party. Make sure she's okay. Just say hi, I'm alive. I'm here too if you care, just so you know. So I finally find her and she's in a bathing suit in the pool. Now I see her in the corner of the pool, and you would have thought that she was discovered in the witness Protection program. Like I didn't do one thing. I didn't have snot running down my face. I had a beautiful dress, like a really beautiful dress. I had a cute hat. I had really cute beaded shoes on. I had some makeup onon it did my makeup. I looked fresh and pinky and cute mom vibes. And I was doing it for myself and for my own people at my own friend's house down the street. And I saw her and she saw me, and the face that the face that she made was effectively like like like she was making a face like she was internally convulsing. And I go up and I'm like, hi, briand Hi, oh hy briand and I'm like, okay, did you go did you go do any of this stuff? Because I'd seen everything. I saw the ball pits of the phone, Pitts said the thing there was a bungee job. Hey, uh, did you do anything? Did you go?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Did you do the did you do the the bungee thing? I didn't. Oh you didn't do that. No, No, I didn't do it. I didn't. I didn't do anything yet, Mom, like, okay, all right? And then I said what did I say to I.
Speaker 3: Said, I did half of it? You really did you do everything? Oh?
Speaker 1: I said did you do everything? Like?
Speaker 3: No, I did like half? You didn't do that?
Speaker 1: I was like no, no, But what was your face like when I said did you do everything? That was? That was a trigger point. She was like, I were just gonna.
Speaker 3: Say like hi, and then I don't know what you're gonna do.
Speaker 1: So I asked the bad question of did you do everything? Because she felt that I was like being like she was a two year old, like, let's go do the bounty?
Speaker 3: Is that what it was? I was like no, like noah, I just like didn't know to.
Speaker 1: Say, so, why was the sight of mate?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: It was kind of just because I didn't know you were there. I was, I thought, so my friends were like calling your name, No, not your name. My friends were like calling you're like brand your and I thought you were going to pick me up and it was only like six and it ended at seven, so I was like, why is she here right now? So that kind of caught me off guard too.
Speaker 1: So you thought that I was coming and gonna be like pulling you out of the pool and saying we have to go, and you were a embarrassed or just not ready to leave, like I don't know. So you see me I come up to the pool, true or false? Your face was like horrified and terrorized. Yeah, I was scared, But what were you scared of? Exactly?
Speaker 3: No, because like you weren't supposed to go, and then you went and that was like not.
Speaker 1: It was jarring. Yeah, but there were like fifty parents there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: But still so you didn't let's be honest, did you not want me there?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I thought it would be okay there. I shouldn't know, like you were hunting. So it kind of like was like whoa.
Speaker 1: It was kind of like whoa? But what was So when I said did you do everything? And you were like no, but you were like no, like kind of like you were saying like go away.
Speaker 3: Yes, but no, because then when we were by the other pool when I was like in the hot tub. Later you came up to me. It's like, wait, were you gonna ask me when I was in the hot tub or were you asking me?
Speaker 1: When? Did I ask you about food or not yet? I didn't ask you about food yet.
Speaker 3: I don't know. But you came up to me in the hot tub and you asked me something. Would you ask me like maybe?
Speaker 1: I just wanted to say hi, like or like you like, did you eat anything? Did you eat something?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And I was like over there and I thought no, because when you came up to me while I was in the hot sbubs like I thought because I was like, okay, first, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: First, at my friend's house, she was in the pool and I came up to her and she looked horrified. Then we were in the hot tub.
Speaker 3: I was in the hot tub.
Speaker 1: You were in the hot tub, and I saw your friends and I said, oh, cute matching bikinis. Was that planned? Did that annoy you?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: I didn't really care about that. Okay, we were going.
Speaker 1: Wait, you were in the hot tub and I came over and I talked about the girls bikinis.
Speaker 3: Yes, And then I thought when you were coming over. I thought, oh, no, is she mad at me because of what I did in the pool? Because I was like away, because that's oh, I thought you were mad at me. So I was like, oh, cute shoes. Oh my god, that's the one. We got a love shit.
Speaker 1: Okay, So what happened what she's trying to describe is, at first I saw her in the pool and just asked her a basic question like did you do all the fun things for kids? And that was bad and that was horrible, and she was very mad at me. So I apologize for that just at my own friends. I was asking a very basic question. She was very mad. So then we get over to the jacuzzie and she's got a healthy fear of me. You're a little scared, well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I thought you're gonna like yell at me.
Speaker 1: And I was like I don't know why, I why have I ever yelled at you?
Speaker 3: Because you like call me and you were like come here, and I was like, oh my god, cute shoes. Oh shoes.
Speaker 1: So now we go over to the jacuzzie and I see her coming out, and I see her and I talk about her friend's thing, and I said Brinn come here, and she is trying to distract me, and she's going, oh my god, such cute shoes, which was very weird and suspect because because we bought them together, right, but you've seen them a million times, so it felt like kiss assie and weird that you would say cute shooes. And she told me why did you and why did you do that?
Speaker 3: Because I wanted to like distract you or like make you like think like, oh, now she's being nice for that when she was maybe I shouldn't yell you guy, thought you were calling you to like yell at me soon.
Speaker 1: When have I ever yelled at you in a public place, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Never you've like been like, I don't know.
Speaker 1: You thought I was mad at you, Yeah, And I was gonna sort of reprimand you quietly, yes, And then I.
Speaker 3: Would have been like, it's not quietly, but it's like not gonna be quiet anyways.
Speaker 1: It would have been like a subtle, like intense reprimanding in front of friends. And you thought that I was gonna do that for the way you spoke, the way you were at the pool before. So you cut me off at the past by complimenting my shoes, which was total bs because you know those shoes and like, I know we bought them together at Love Shot, right, but explain to them how you did it. Go tell them how you like.
Speaker 3: You were like came here and I was like okay. So I was like slowly going out, I was looking at you. I was like, what's cute about her outfit? I was like, oh, this is the shoes we got a love Shock. She's like, oh my god, mom, cute shoes. We got those together? Because I just wanted to be like you.
Speaker 1: Wanted to kiss my ass and make may not be me and to you, Yeah, got it?
Speaker 2: Okay, I understand.
Speaker 1: So she is now saying fake things to me about my shoes and also I actually do like this sho No, I know you like them, but that's not just it just wasn't truthful in that moment. And then she also was like backing away from me and wanting me to leave, and I could tell and I was like come here, and just like what I'm like, come, She's like what. I'm like, you have something on your face? You have something on your face? Do you want me to yell that out to the whole party? Buy your nose?
Speaker 3: Maybe you have a buggy.
Speaker 1: Coming out of your nose in the pool. Would you like me to announce that?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: But even though you said that, that was kind of relieving because I thought you're gonna yell at me.
Speaker 1: Hold on, I've I'm gonna yell at you. Well, I thought you'd even reprimand you thought i'd reprimand you. So you'd rather me say to you loud you have a boogie coming out of your nose, and recommend.
Speaker 3: You no, because I thought you were gonna do both of them quiet, but like, I'm glad it was the like.
Speaker 1: If you could have a boogie or reprimanding quiet, you'd rather have a book. I'd rather have a boogie. Yeah, all right, so we took boogie. I wouldn't have bet that. I would not have bet the boogie would have bet reprimanding in my lifetime.
Speaker 3: Because I think it was a new boogie. I didn't think it was like old.
Speaker 1: I don't understand that sentence at all.
Speaker 3: What if they just got there?
Speaker 1: It was a very new like yes, it was like a watery non and yeah, I'm gonna throw up. I may throw up. But I don't know why you if I said you farted, you wouldn't have a problem with it, but reprimanding you you'd find embarrassing. Yeah, well that's weird.
Speaker 3: Well I wouldn't like No, that would be extreme. I would like to reprimand more.
Speaker 1: So reprimand boogie, then reprimand then than than fart than pastcast. Yeah, okay, so that's good.
Speaker 2: To know, all right.
Speaker 1: So then we are at this party and they have Eddie's Pizza, which is a pizza truck, and I go over and I want to taste the pizza because I also want to do a TikTok. And I'm sitting there sort of by myself and just whatever. So I go to get the pizza and I order it out of the truck and it's a whole pizza. They make a whole pizza. I don't know why there's so many people there, and maybe I don't know why they don't just do pizzas and then you can share them, but you order your whole pizza. And so we were leaving five minutes later, and I just wanted to try one piece. I didn't know brendad Eaton yet because she acted like she didn't do anything pizza right, But I didn't know that because you didn't talk to me, and you didn't you didn't tell me anything. So I go, I come over to her with the pizza box and we're about to leave and I say to her. I come up to her and I say, what do I like? What do I do? Do you want to be?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, No, I had pizza. I had. I'm like, okay, I just wanted to know if you wanted a piece of pizza.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: I had pizza, and I was like okay. And then I later said, what am I going to do? And I was like talking about I go for one second, by the way, I said, what do I do? I don't like to waste and this is a whole pizza, So am I supposed to bring the pizza home? Like no one else is eating my pizza. I had one pizza. Pizza you don't want to be I said no, no, no, no no. And I'm like, I'm just talking to you. I'm just speaking to you, like I'm not on the microphone at a party. I'm just talking about the pizza. That was a no, no no, because you.
Speaker 3: Started like rearranging the table and putting the pizza, like figuring out where to put the pizza on food table.
Speaker 1: I was like no, because there was a main food table over there that had like food skewers and things like that, and so I was just gonna put this and make it like it was like group party pizza, so someone would just come up and get a slice. So I didn't just waste a pizza that was not Why was that not allowed?
Speaker 3: No? It was just like you can't move it around, just like.
Speaker 1: Well, I didn't move anything I put it.
Speaker 3: It was just like back away from it.
Speaker 1: Why why am I supposed to back away from it?
Speaker 2: Just waste the pizza?
Speaker 1: So you're not embarrassed, yes, but why were you embarrassed with me puting a piece of pizza?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: It was just like not mm hmm, but why what were you feeling inside?
Speaker 3: I was just feeling like no, because you're rearranging it. I'm like, no, No, this is not what happened. Is not what's happening.
Speaker 1: What was I rearranging?
Speaker 3: You're like rearranging the table and moving I did.
Speaker 1: Not rearrange one thing. I put a box down.
Speaker 3: On the side, I know, but that was rearranging.
Speaker 2: It was not.
Speaker 1: I just put a box down on a table at a red and white checker tablecloth.
Speaker 3: I know, but I was like pretty caught off guard by that.
Speaker 1: Why why live your life? I'm living mine.
Speaker 3: What you were talking to me? And you were like, let's go leave, and so.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh no, by the way, another news splash a boy my child, which is not gonna fly. She's an overstayer. The imitation said till seven. It was like seven o five. She was like, I don't know. I'm like, get your ass, we're moving, we're leaving. We're not that no, And so at that point I was like, what do I do to mom? Do not tick the pizza?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: But but I was right there. It wasn't like I was walking through the front door. Someone says it was an outside but at the end.
Speaker 3: You pulled up your phone on Instagram to take a picture.
Speaker 1: Oh hold on, back up, No, no, no, there's a sunset behind me. It's the most gorgeous beautiful night ever. I said, let's it wasn't Instagram, It's just a regular camera inst Okay, no, because I thought.
Speaker 3: You were gonna be like, hey, guys, me and the peanut at a party. Look at this beautiful sunset.
Speaker 1: So I said, take a picture of me. No, that's when that that's when it escalated. I go, will you take a picture? Like nom no, no, no no. I was like, brin, I'm a grown ass woman who has to take a picture with my daughter.
Speaker 3: That was very extreme, though, because I thought it was none of this is extreme.
Speaker 1: That was very Oh that was extreme. Like putting a box of pizza on a table. It wasn't extreme. Where did you want me to put the box of pizza?
Speaker 3: I don't know. You're supposed to leave it and walk away nicely, but I don't know.
Speaker 1: She didn't let me take it and it went in the garbage. That piece of pizza. No one, it's a whole pie that it went to the garbage.
Speaker 3: I don't know to tell you, mom. But when we were doing the Instagram like photo, I was like, I thought you were gonna be like doing like an Instagram video.
Speaker 1: You thought I was.
Speaker 3: People were like looking, my friends were near, so I didn't want to be like.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, so do you am I embarrassing?
Speaker 3: No, it's just like the fact that.
Speaker 1: Just tell me truth of all the parents, what.
Speaker 3: My embarrassing parent are not? No, I don't think so.
Speaker 1: But you're embarrassed at me?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like exactly. That's how it works.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Wait, on a one to ten, you don't have to name names, but you have other or other friends parents embarrassing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I like embarrassing parents.
Speaker 1: But just not your own.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So on a one to ten, the most embarrassing parent being a ten and the least embarrassing parent being a zero.
Speaker 3: What am I You're like a six and a half seven.
Speaker 1: So fairly embarrassing.
Speaker 3: No, but like, because that's just going from my perspective, like I don't have to ask my friends how embarrassing anymore?
Speaker 1: Well, when I wanted to bring balloons to your concert, that.
Speaker 3: That thought, Oh my god, that was not You sent me a picture of it beforehand. It was like a smiley faced gift basket, your balloons coming out of it, and like comes Betty. I was like, no, it was very bad. It's like that was It's worse than flowers, and no one brought flowers.
Speaker 1: But what about the fact that I asked you ahead of time?
Speaker 2: That was nice?
Speaker 3: That was good. I was happy with that. I know I would have literally if you came in with the basket, I would have walked away.
Speaker 1: Pretend you don't know.
Speaker 2: Ye