Speaker 1: You are listening to the Daily Best of The Rick Burgers Show. Hey, catch the entire show wherever you get podcasts, or watch us live and archived on YouTube. And subscribers can watch the Daily Best of the Rick Burgers Show on Blaze TV. Thanks for watching and listening, and be sure to follow us on social media for more from the whole gang at The Rick Burgers Show. America, are you ready? Washington, DC? Is ready? I see, Virginia is ready. Many America Health is ready. The teachers out for summer are ready?
Speaker 2: What are you doing?
Speaker 1: North Augusta, South Carolina ready? G NH Tow and Die ready said, We're here every day. Everything that's like, Paula's ready, Pine Ridge is ready. Well, Pennsylvania's ready. Look at the Gulf of America.
Speaker 3: Everybody down there's ready.
Speaker 1: Somebody say, I'm ready. It is showing one hundred Union City, Tennessee, Union, Mississippi, Jasper Alabama says, hey burchs, Hey Burge, I'm ready. One hundred shows on New Day The Rick Burgers Show, celebrating and grateful for the past, but jacked and excited about the present. In the future, Uh so we will, I mean, we haven't finished show one hundred, but the day is a show one hundred. So I'd like to say to my brothers in here, happy one hundred, Well, thank you, Rick, happy one hundreddyler O, happy work, happy one hundred.
Speaker 2: Thank you man keeping it one hundred up in here.
Speaker 1: That's right, one hundred percent, happy one hundred, mister Chen.
Speaker 4: And I see that we all dress like one hundred year olds like the kids do on day one hundred.
Speaker 1: You know correct.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I feel like I'm a thousand years old.
Speaker 1: Sure.
Speaker 2: My bones sound like a rocket chair bone my bones.
Speaker 1: You know, the days are running so hard us We've got a lot going. Let's face it, we're the hardest working men in the business.
Speaker 2: We work hard.
Speaker 1: We're the hardest working men in the business, really work hard. How about yesterday? Of course it's sixty, a little different than when I was running this heart at thirty. Uh yesterday, I made the decision I've never had this happen before, that I was too tired for rehab. You don't have it, by the way, I'm sorry, share, she says, Rick, please start calling that physical therapy. Yeah, yeah, right, You're not in rehab okay anymore anymore? Uh So, uh the uh uh I did? I called in. I said, I'm canceling, Like, what's up? I said, I'm just too tired. You can't do it. I can't. I can't give you two hours, can't hold my shoulder. I got to get home, and then of course now I wish I had gone. But that's fine.
Speaker 3: Hey, Look, physical therapy will it is depending on what they got you doing.
Speaker 1: Two hours it is like a workout. It's too long. You could even hurt yourself. None of it is absolutely and there's nothing fun about it. It's be different than somebody says, how about a two hour Swedish Massan, But that ain't what that is. Sweating and ground. Oh, it's horrible and everybody. Everybody's hurting. You everybody's hurting. So we we do have a lot to unpack today. Vox seats will feel Burgess Ball Battle. I'm actually wearing the Burgess Ball T shirt. I love this shirt.
Speaker 3: It's a good shirt. So it's of course the red and shouts at you.
Speaker 1: That's good. Speaking of that, somebody just asked on the text if I wore the same shirt every day, I will do that, but I have more a lot this color you have of the similar, different shirt similar. I have like five of the four or five of one style that I wear. There are different colors, so they're right about that. But your colors are not extreme enough. Your colors are too close.
Speaker 2: You're going blue, gray, light red Cobault.
Speaker 1: Now this is what the least a bunch of shirts. Now, this is this is the older one, by the way, that's underarm.
Speaker 3: I need a spreadsheet because sometimes don't. Sometimes we'll get behind it on laundry. But then sometimes, buddy, let me tell you something, depending on the schedule, we'll we'll we'll turn around quick and I forget what I wore.
Speaker 1: I do too, like what wait a minute, why is this? When did I wear that? At two thirty? And I'm looking in the claus and I really don't care. I just that's clean. Uh are you surprised?
Speaker 2: Thirty pm?
Speaker 1: Really that's a good point. I've never seen you care ever, I've never I've never once saw you care what you had on like some tied because if you do care, we got to talk about your care. Yeah, yeah, if you're if you were excited about that, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Here Aaron wants everybody to know.
Speaker 4: My wife wants everybody to know that she does occasionally buy me nice clothes.
Speaker 2: But I keep picking up the Wolf shirt. It's on me. It's my fault.
Speaker 1: Did you wear that again?
Speaker 2: I wore the wolf shirt this week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Smoothie King. He pulls out shirts when he brings out a Smoothie King. The first time I saw it, I thought, why would he tattoo Smoothie King on herself?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Shirt?
Speaker 3: When you wore the Wolf T shirt, I remember, I think it was two days ago, because you were holding court nearing the break one time, and he had he had his hands under on his hips and he was, I mean, was just bringing it.
Speaker 1: I said, there, and he's wearing he forgot he had a wolf shirt.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna step up my I'm gonna step up my game.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna pick up one of these bad boys right here.
Speaker 1: Similar to that shirt. And I can't seem to get the cut of our T shirts right. Once I got one of my thoughts. They run a little small. Apparently this one runs a little big. But that's okay a little bit. Yeah, I was gonna got you sleep shirt on. I can't get it right. We have the same Did you give me that size? Because I haven't. Mine's here, No I want to. I went up the size and I shouldn't. The stone, I haven't put it on yet. It's news stone. But then you can.
Speaker 2: Yeah we got here.
Speaker 1: You want your mind? That too big?
Speaker 3: Well, it's comfortable, dude, like y'all like y'all did with the kicker when you talked.
Speaker 1: About that looks a little big? Is okay? Just a little big.
Speaker 3: It's a little big washed yet like the sleeves.
Speaker 2: It sleeves a little pee wee football.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, pee wee football. And I don't like the neck. It looks a little about What about this? What if I wear yours on the show? But I take this home and wash it and then yeah whatever that one? Yeah? Oh wow, a lot of in you know. You know when they win the Super Bowl and they put the T shirt over their shoulder pads.
Speaker 5: Like.
Speaker 1: Passing executive. That's saying I'm putting a black T shirt on I'm wearing for the podcast. No, it's I wanted to wear the Burgess ball shirt so bad to you. That's it. That's wait, are you serious?
Speaker 2: Are you looking a serious video podcast today?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: But you're gonna wear their Burgess No, No.
Speaker 1: I got another shirt. I was gonna wear this for the show and that for the podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the show, Rick, explain what Burgess is.
Speaker 1: And then here's right. Do you know the reason why I didn't do it? Because it's about the book. Men don't running the rain. I've done well, I've done a lot of them, and which I'm I'm grateful that anybody. Everybody cares. Absolutely, But in the in the book continues to just be great.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: But I thought to myself, I'll wear it because it's about dad, who is Bill Burgess. And people did say that his style of football was Burgess Ball and the Burgess Boys. But then I realized it has a basketball, and that's and and that's going to confuse the guy who's interviewed me. So this is so tired on him.
Speaker 3: Hey, by the way, I just went out to the truck to get that for you. Why does it smell like breakfast outside?
Speaker 1: I don't know it?
Speaker 3: God smells good? Can you smell? Can we smell edgars from here?
Speaker 1: Do you think? You know?
Speaker 2: I wonder if we could smell the restaurants.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but it is it smells Rick.
Speaker 2: Family showy Family.
Speaker 1: Shirtless show is not scared of going shirtless, and he went total naked. But that was different. Let's see. Yeah, hey, Greg says, say that was too little tight? Rick, A little tight? That is better? Yeah, you go better get your arms up seeing run the faders. That is better, isn't it? Yeah, it's better. Does look better?
Speaker 6: You know what?
Speaker 1: Like you just one f C Championship game, I can tell you and I got problems. I'm sure. Hey, look, I'm sure you didn't get to watch the documentary. Don't put that kind out on me. On me fire, what if we.
Speaker 3: Just yeah, I asked to throw it back to buttonnked Friday.
Speaker 1: Rick, you took your shirt off. Now that's old school baby show one hundred celebrate right, the same shirt I wore all week. It's the same color. Quit beating me up. By the way, if we all don't go shirtless on one hundred, who are we? Damn we'll be right basket, good point.
Speaker 7: This is the Rick Burgess show.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what, The fight's not over. The fight's not over.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: Look we think, hey, we hey conservatives, anything we want to do we're doing. Look, hey Trump, Oh that's great, exciting, but it's not over. The Left's not just gonna lay down and say, hey, y'all come, we can come one out. Y'all got us. They're gonna this is where they're they're gonna throw temper tantrums and rolling the floor and all kinds of stuff. Blaze TV exists to be sure in this world full of noise, that there's a stronghold for bold voices, free thinkers, fearless commentary. The helps make sense of all the chaos. The Left loves chaos. So you've got to have a place at steadfast and that's Blaze TV. Investigative reporting documentaries that shed light onto the deep State. And it's available to you own demand on any device. It starts at eight dollars a month. So why don't you go right now use the promo code Rick at checkout because you need Blaze TV now more than ever. BlazeTV dot com slash Rick. We're gonna get you twenty dollars off the annual plan. BlazeTV dot com slash Rick, Blaze TV, Unfiltered, unafraid and on demand. Thanks for being with us today, America Box seats come up a little bit later on. Looking forward to that. Yeah, that's gonna be great. Uh, first, they won't see speedy very long. But that's a for two hour and then I'll slide out.
Speaker 3: I'll slide out catch it all right, So Bil, first time Jayc's flying, We're good.
Speaker 1: Didn't know that. So that'll be happening today. But another thing people are asking, since all your stallions close, your wife has those ready to go. If you don't make it, will Terry Wilburn be the hot person for the stallions.
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: When we left the break, going to break, I said, she's got all my clothes, like she's gonna wear them and be the person, the stadium person.
Speaker 1: I think she might could pull it off.
Speaker 2: Stallion show me your little link.
Speaker 1: Oh, we don't do that.
Speaker 2: Do that and we don't do that.
Speaker 3: That's a connect a sausage that was an old promotion from this year.
Speaker 1: Understood that. You know, when you're trying to make something fit right, they're a big advertiser. No, I'm just saying, he's kind of funny. I show us your link, little lamp, and then we hold up the kids.
Speaker 2: You hold up your kid.
Speaker 1: That's one of those. I don't know how you got out of the conference, run right, you know, So if you're just joining so he really want us to say that to the p A. And we're gonna be holding her kid kid, So your kids your link.
Speaker 3: But there's some firsts in this as I try to move on. I've never been to a hockey game, not an NHL hockey game. Jac's never flown. It's Memorial Day weekend.
Speaker 1: There's a lot, there's a lot there.
Speaker 3: But the goal is we fly to Dallas, see the Stars play, fly right back. And I told them, I said, so this is going to be like I mean, we're going in for a mission. You might not even known if you weren't going to a Stars game, you wouldn't even know what city you're in. We're going from the airport to the hotel, to the game, back to the hotel, back to.
Speaker 1: The airport, and we're home. We're not even gone twenty four hours.
Speaker 3: I'm in touch with that emotion. Yeah, And so I'm like, that's the way we got to think. And so that's the plan. I've never it isn't in this weird. I've never really used uber.
Speaker 2: I've never not goodness if y'all or no.
Speaker 3: I mean, I've gone places, but I've just never had to use Uber or lyft or anything like that. So I got into Adler, I would like to my work place best friend, Uh, yesterday he actually took the time that he didn't have and showed me a little bit about about Uber and and you know, logging.
Speaker 1: In the conversation was building questions.
Speaker 3: Just the conversations all I'm gonna stop talking to y'all.
Speaker 1: Uh and and and.
Speaker 3: Just he he kind of you know, just building the profile and kind of how it works, what's going on there. Uh and and so uh that was very helpful. So I we'll we'll just we'll just use you know, Uber, not having to rent a car because we're there so short period of time.
Speaker 1: Uber Uber runs pretty smoothly. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But I went ahead and I said, Okay, Terry, this is what I'm wear into the Stallion's game, from shoes to t pants to the Stallion's shirt, even to my credential. And I said, it's all hanging on right here minus the you know, and the shoes are right here in case, in case you need to be the stadium person, be a little bit big. But we were we were talking about trying to drive, and she's like, well, why don't y'all just let me drop y'all off and pick y'all up. I'm like, well, that's fine, so she'll have that in case it gets delayed and I just have to go straight to the stuff.
Speaker 1: Let me, let me give you a heads up on this. Don't have a fire arm. Yeah, I don't have any. I thought about that. I don't have any cryptin. Don't have any kryptin. That was toothpaste.
Speaker 2: Big toothpaste tube will get you too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just worry about brushing your take the later.
Speaker 2: Bring your You have to bring a smaller tube.
Speaker 1: You're not going to be gone rush size get you man dragging breath.
Speaker 4: And I used to use like spray powder. They don't like those. Like a can't compressed air. Nothing crushed air. No hair spray.
Speaker 1: They hate all that. And you know I always has this hair spray. No no issue for you. None another ball me. That guy forgets to take his belt off, that's got you written. Oh no, got a big old belt buckle. Things huge. I'm not taking field.
Speaker 3: Look, we're going such a short period of time. I don't have to take my field of greens. By the way, I can get home and take it.
Speaker 2: You can take it in the morning and then the next day. Take it in that.
Speaker 1: Sweet Did you ever give Santa Claus his belt back? Buddy? You remember he wore that? Yeah, I got it at the buckle, sure that it was right. You're gonna just look maybe you'll make it. Well, we'll see. I don't know. Y'all worried me to death about it. No, let me tell you what is going to happen.
Speaker 3: Somebody just sent a picture looking out at American airlines, at the airports that have have.
Speaker 1: The faith, it's gonna be a beautiful day. Program positivity, Greg that he's not on the junior program. It's just the smaller planes. Shut your program. You got Delton, you got Delta Express. But this is the this is the American Eagle, right, which is the same thing the smaller. Aren't that good? You're not you don't do that the U And let me tell you what's that? What was gonna bother you the rest of the show? Okay, it is every time. The apps now are game changers on flying. But they'll worry to death, they'll they'll they'll app you in a second. Yeah, update you're like, please don't James my flight. Yeah, and then you'll click on it goes your applight is in two hours.
Speaker 3: Hey, speaking of that, look the notification American Airlines right there.
Speaker 1: Well, it's just it's just let's see.
Speaker 3: Oh it's the boarding pass, which I've already got in my Apple wallet. But all right, so JC they were asking why Jase have a passport but he's never flown stupid COVID. All right, so he graduated in twenty twenty. I thought he has both. But but why he even has a passport is back in twenty twenty when he graduated from high school, they were going to go on a cruise and whatever, and they ended up having to have a passport. So we went through the process of getting them a passport and all this kind of stuff, and then COVID hit and the thing was canceled.
Speaker 1: They never went.
Speaker 3: So's he's had a passport that he's never used, so that's in the safe and he's got it.
Speaker 1: But he also has a star ID.
Speaker 4: Oh man, I was gonna say, I've never been on a cruise, so at least he's got.
Speaker 2: Me there, But then the cruise was canceled.
Speaker 1: Poor guy. Yeah, I know, my goodness, it's awful. And on the cruise thing, I've never been on a cruise.
Speaker 2: I trapped on a boat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, trap bad? Do you get off and have different excursions and stuff? Now you have some fun days at sea? You do? We just traveling. Yeah, that's that's tough. Let me tell you. Cruisers are like hotels. You got your holiday and Express, you got your Marriott, Hilton Garden, and then you've got kind of your five star hotel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, your night's in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 3: We're going to land at lunch in Dallas, Lord Willing, and I'm wondering any good places to eat in Dallas. They say it's a good steakhouse at the airport. I just don't want to eat the airport.
Speaker 1: I would like to, Oh, get out of the airport. It's a good airport. Yeah, it's a big one. Yeah, but you need to it's a big city. But that's where Uber makes it simple. Hey I want to Hey this looks good. Can you take us to this restaurant? You know what? Uber guy says our lady usually guy, Yeah, sure, no problem. They drop you off, you go in right before you get out, you just pull Uber up again. They need to be picked up. Okay, they pick you up. You go now, it's not free. They do charge this? Do they? When? Do you tip after after.
Speaker 2: So they won't know if you didn't tip.
Speaker 7: Used to tip. This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: Speedy, Will you do me a favor on this little trip with you and your son? Graduated college? Congratulations to j C. Will you please don't be tight when you get to Dallas. If everything works out, don't don't make him go buy some number three at the fast food restaurant. Take take him out. You're in Dallas, go to you know, ask the uber person, do some checking around. What's a great restaurant, What's something that my son and I will always remember. He's never flown. Make this memorable. Don't don't go till you went way back there. Don't go cheap, don't cut corners. Come on, I mean, well, look, if you know, if you see, almost had to sit up in the rafters if I hadn't been here. That's not true, Thank you, j That's not true. You're welcome. We're in the lower bowl. We're in you are, but you're up high enough to see it. Don't get too low now.
Speaker 3: It's hockey, no, not unless you're up in the up against Come up a little bit. We're at the top of section one oh five perfect, so just below the two.
Speaker 1: When I saw Speedy click to buy those tickets yesterday, I thought to myself, you know we're doing the new podcast Strange Encounters. I thought for myself, I just saw a miracle. This was supernatural. I couldn't believe he clicked it. I think you fet pressured by me to get better seats. So again I said to jac you're welcome. Yeah, stop looking at it. It's fine. No, well no, I just got another notification. Boy, they'll send you a notification. All right, It's fine. Every time there's a notification, I think, oh my gosh, I like to see y'all have some Dallas brisket. Yeah, we're gonna have a good time with it.
Speaker 3: I know he wants this is gonna he wants me to get He wants me to get a hat.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, you know, I don't know if I want it. He goes, Dad, you gotta have a hat. What are you talking about? You gotta have a hat.
Speaker 3: And he said, Now, it's gonna be about sixty degrees in there, he said, our upper fifties to sixty degrees. He said, So you know in these arenas you know everybody he goes, you kind of have to dress warm going in or have some different layers because when you get in there, depending on how close you are to the ice.
Speaker 1: I said, he's it's pretty.
Speaker 3: Cold, and so your yeah, well we'll grab a hab and they'll have a good time.
Speaker 1: Just go ahead.
Speaker 3: We might have some time to kill, So I Want'm trying to figure out how much do I want to try to squeeze in because if we land, if we land at one and then we could possibly have about four hours to kill. What times of game it's at seven oh and so I'm sure he'll want to get there early and go that.
Speaker 1: You got to get there earlier than that. Don't come in last minute. No last minute. You got to get in and settle. Yeah. No, for this experience, we're going to go early. Excuse me, miss concerts. Excuse me, mister misconcert I.
Speaker 2: Did miss break Stuff from the Biscuit. Biscuit opened with break Stuff?
Speaker 1: Who thought they would open with breaks And you were late, weren't you? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I walked in as break Stuff was playing. Okay, by the way, Limbiscuit sucks. I'm just making I was there for Metallica, the real artists.
Speaker 1: I don't know in your house, it must not have been. My wife would not let our kids say that word all the time. You say it all yeah, it need to go with you said that word all the time. Okay, yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh I wouldn't say that from my mom.
Speaker 1: Right. But listening your.
Speaker 2: Points all legitimate, legitimate, and.
Speaker 1: What a bad example for your kids. No, you're gonna have a little as saying it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I am concerned about something. It has nothing to do with what I'm with the flight or anything like this. I have just found out that Larry has informed the tubers today that he's in search of more aloe because he's starting to blister.
Speaker 1: That's a visual, So we might need to check in with Larry.
Speaker 3: See how say if you missed that he Larry's spilled hot hot coffee on his lap uh a few days ago and had to go to the merch.
Speaker 1: I'm going to warn you people trying to pull you into touristy things that tourists do when I mean, I mean it's just a road. I mean, we've got to see history. It's all been released. Everything they tell you there, all the stuff has been released. It's all lies.
Speaker 4: But you brought up for the rest of his life, and you can for the rest of his life. People will be talking about Jeff game. You know, I've been right there.
Speaker 2: You can do that.
Speaker 1: It's a sports trip. If you're going to see the playoffs, it's a trip. It's a sports trip. It's not a let's go over here and get all sad about what happened to JFK and plus all the information is wrong. Now, I mean, don't go over there, and there'll be.
Speaker 4: A lot see this and you can stand there and be like C J C. This is where the government and the C I A and the mob and the mob all work together to kill the president.
Speaker 1: Here you see the two exit what you want to. He doesn't even know who Jeff's the problem. Our kids aren't taught history. You need you need to let do the things that the locals. If the local rolls their eyes, they're going. Now that's what visitors do do. What do stuff that the locals know is cool? Yeah, go eat where they say what I'm thinking about just splurging a gentleman lunch. That's funny. I'm thinking, thank you, uncle Greg. This is a joke, one of my size. What about this what about I was thinking, you a bunch of one dollars. You're You're awful. You have such a this is show one hundred. I'd like to have one hundred and one.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is great.
Speaker 1: He'll drop a couple of quarters.
Speaker 2: Please start throwing change, sir?
Speaker 1: Why the land out of your pocket? There's people slipping.
Speaker 2: This isn't this isn't a fountain at the mall.
Speaker 1: Stop throwing change, sir. Please, maam, do you take venmo?
Speaker 8: So?
Speaker 1: I don't know it. Now I'm in it and I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Is this is horrible joke?
Speaker 1: This is? This is how I feel Joe sometimes in here and you tell me about this, and I've understood it in a different way. Is this how it feels to be alone? Yes, you know the show's happening. You're not even well. I just I got pulled in it.
Speaker 3: I was I was embarrassed by what they said, and then before I knew it, I was off the aquarium.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: I was thinking about maybe splurging for lunch and letting him upsize his order it in and out.
Speaker 1: A threat away to go would be here's what we're going, jumbo to go. Here's something, here's a special day, and you double cheezberg. If you want here, you don't worry about it. Do something around the Cowboys, you know, don't go you got us going Darling Dilley Plaza. Yes, go to go to there's some of the cowboys facilities or something. Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 2: All right, where do this Dallas Stars play?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 1: There downtown dar Arena? What's in the American Airlines Center? I even asked where you are staying right by it? Right? Yeah, we're about about maybe three quarters of a mongo. Che no against cheap. I'm telling you cheap in this Those aren't two words to get know what I'm saying. I'm proud of you. Now. Of course you're going now have your other sons asking what trip they're gonna get to go on. But I'm proud of you.
Speaker 3: Well, you know the last so when when we went over to Dallas. The last time I've been to Dallas is when Tyler was with jack Jacksonville State and they played at Dallas Baptist and we did we did some running around, We went to we went to Yeah, we went there and then we get done.
Speaker 1: It was just me. It was just me.
Speaker 3: But then we did go to an in and out too. And I gotta tell you it was okay.
Speaker 1: You are it was okay in and out? So what now?
Speaker 4: You are one mile the the the arena is is like less than a mile from Dally Plaza.
Speaker 1: Oh, then we're going. Yes, can you walk around downtown? Uh?
Speaker 2: Yes, you can look around?
Speaker 1: Can you walk around sometwntowns? You can't. You venture off a block or two and you're.
Speaker 2: Look, look, here's Daley Plaza. To watch out, here's plaza. You stopped by Where here's Daley Plaza?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: And then here you can stop by the aquarium, stopped by the holocaustmus and then go to the game.
Speaker 1: Just just let the CBS pharmacy run that in too. Yes, just let your hotel be home base and just kind of work from there, okay, And don't get I'm good. You can't go to Arlington's too far away, too far.
Speaker 2: You're all right, all right by everything you got there.
Speaker 1: You're not by Arlington.
Speaker 2: I don't even know where that is.
Speaker 3: And I want to thank a friend of mine, Ron Herring, because he's the one that got jayc all fired up about the Dallas Stars because his son, his son is a former teammate of j C's and.
Speaker 1: They're all in it now. They've all adapted the Dallas Stars. Wow, look New Orleans. You gotta go there. Look there's the X right there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you gotta go.
Speaker 1: The trees have grown.
Speaker 2: I was depository, however you say it.
Speaker 7: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: All right. So you have you got plans for the weekend, I know, Memorial Day weekend. Come in up. Let me tell you what would be a great idea. Go see The Last Rodeo, The Last Rodeo. I'm loving this. It's it's about you know, Hey, I'm an older rodeo guy and I gotta do one last ride. Gonna be the oldest guy to ever do it. Got gotta help my grandson out. It's a great movie. It's from our friends at Angel Studio. They've cranked out some good ones. Sound of Freedom was fantastic, Homestead, King of Kings. Now it's the Last Rodeo. If you'd like to go and get your tickets, and tickets are selling fast. Let's face it, it's hard. When's the last time you saw a really good movie that you didn't have to feel like wish that hadn't been in it? But then you have people going, hey, it's a great movie. It's family, family friendly, and then you go watch and you're like, that wasn't very good. This is actually a great movie and it's trying to win your support on its merit and you will love it. It's raw, heartfelt. Not even call you because you get a little misty. Maybe, So go to angel dot com slash Rick get your seats now for the Last Rodeo in theaters starting today today, today, today in theaters now. So that's Angel dot com slash Rick. This weekend, go out and see the Last Rodeo. You'll love it. And let me tell you this. On the one hundredth show, I got no issue with just randomly letting somebody spend the wheel in a phone segment. Oh what right? So this weekend look for episode three Tells from the camp House, The Birth the Burgess bast Battle coming out this weekend. Probably be there sometime tomorrow. You don't have to ask. So Mandler's supposed to young Brodrick, who is having a birthday today, but big day for the Suns today and the kids on the show Brody Burgess twenty four. He's one of the many May birthdays in our face so many May birthdays twenty So Brody is twenty four years old, birthday, bud, and does it like all a lot of attention. So bring him in. Let's be sure and make him as uncomfortable as possible. Today. Yeah, let's tell everybody wish you happy birthday if you see it, Happy birthday, buddy. Uh, Brodie's You're a blast. Happy birthday. Looking forward to going to see him this weekend. Uh, probably not today, but we'll see him this weekend. What you doing, buddy? Huh? Well, I mean today's celebration today. You know he's got saying what you get, what you're going to do? Well, we're going to uh, we're going to go to the lake. Oh uh, to the lake the in laws. Brodie's in laws have a have a lake place. Hey, and let me tell you it's down there at Lake Mitchell, and the Thompsons have a great, uh beautiful place that's been in their family and we're all going to go celebrate Brodie's birthday there tomorrow. Okay, so looking but today probably he and his wife will do the lake.
Speaker 7: Huh.
Speaker 1: Well, you know me, I'll you don't let me tell you. I'd rather be I'd rather be someone's guest at the lake than to be hosting. That's true. So I like that true.
Speaker 3: Thankful for them for the Greg's going me to Dallas, he said, changed.
Speaker 1: Speedy's already got a gate change. It's on now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is, it is, and we're getting I'm getting eight Hard Barbecue and Terry Black's Barbecue. Those two places are at the top of the list on where to eat downtown traffics and traffics a nightmare. Well, I'm hoping we can get close.
Speaker 1: And I also do uh do self guided tour if you're going to go over and watch where a president was shot in the back of the.
Speaker 2: Head hard not eight hard hard eight It doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: But what if you bring up Texas. Here comes mister Texas. Say you know he went and bought his van there too. Don't forget what I say.
Speaker 2: You said eight hard, it's hard. Eight it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's that's those are two important, right. Listen, when you're dealing with Speedy, that's nothing great. I mean inverting eight. Greg eighty van Adler, better known as the man that has refuted the phrase Everything's bigger than Texas. That's that's right.
Speaker 2: But Dina is coming. Small back.
Speaker 1: Unscreen phone calls. Here we go America. The number is eight eight eight, the number six big vox. All callers must say one hundred and if not, you'll be immediately done away with. Okay, I like it, hey, little person will play. That's the thing. Here we go. Let's go to unscreen phone calls. Hello, you're on the Rick Burgess Show. Go right ahead, one hundred, pretty good, pretty good country version. I like it. Go ahead.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 9: I never thought i'd say I'd be jealous of Speedy, but as a Dallas Stars fan, I am jealous of you, Speedy, buddy.
Speaker 1: I can't wait. This is gonna bella Star fan. By the way, let me tell you this, sir. Your phone is fantastic. You sound great. He's a Stars fan landline in the office. So that's great man. Thanks buddy, and hopefully Speedy will take it all in. We continue Rick Burgess Show. Unscreen phone calls, Go ahead, one hundred, had a way to go? What's on your mind? What's on you?
Speaker 8: So?
Speaker 9: I've got the best place for Speedy to eat in Dallas. Actually, ones is the DFW Airport. It's called Papasitos. It's the best Mexican around. There's several in Dallas, and the best dish is the plaid del carm It is fabulous.
Speaker 7: It is.
Speaker 9: It's a sister restaurant to Papa Doze, which is there in Birmingham, so you know the quality.
Speaker 1: Can I ask questions because Speedy wants to ask you so bad? How much you costs?
Speaker 9: It's pricey, But the plaid Del Mar you know, two people can eat it. My husband and I do, and we have leftovers.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm going to do not eat Mexican food on it. He's uncovered that they're going to Taco Bell. No, Chris, Hey, you do not put airport Mexican food in your body on a trail like this. No, you can't take these chances. Greg, Yeah, you might want to send an Apple. We continue, unscreened phone call. You're on the Rick Burgers Show. Go ahead, one, go ahead?
Speaker 6: Hey, I just wanted to call it.
Speaker 10: Hey, guys, love the show, Love new show.
Speaker 3: I've been listening to you all for twenty years now.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 6: I love everything you do.
Speaker 1: Thank you man so nice. We cantinue you unscreen phone calls. You're on the Rick Burgers Show. Go ahead. I'm loving it people, Go ahead, what's on your mind?
Speaker 3: You got your slogan's Burgers bawl battle.
Speaker 5: You got old Larry dealing with burns.
Speaker 3: I got a new slogan for a shirt, just freakballing around.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: What a day, Thanks man, what a day?
Speaker 1: Had a good one? Rick Burgers show unscreen phone calls, Go ahead, Hello Rick, Larry. You didn't do it. You didn't say it.
Speaker 5: One hundred.
Speaker 1: Now you gotta sing it. You gotta holler it. What bread?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 4: One hundred?
Speaker 1: Larry? How's house? The lamp?
Speaker 5: Right now? I'm covered in blisters, all right? And it hurts good bad terroist fiction, breakfast acting breakfast. You got to go to Walmart and get some medicine.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, Larry, let me tell you we're gonna do for you because you're struggling. We're gonna have you a spin on. We're gonna spend the way for your blistered lap and you're injured crotch. Here we go. It's we're gonna spend it for you, Larry. Yeah, So who do you want to spend it for you? Larry? On show one hundred? Now about you?
Speaker 9: Wreck?
Speaker 6: Oh wreck?
Speaker 1: And is that is hav an honor. He's gonna let me.
Speaker 3: Okay, hang on, hang on, Larry. Uh, he's going over. Hey, Larry, if you would, would you say?
Speaker 1: Wow? What a will? I mean? What is it? No? It will it's will to me.
Speaker 5: Okay, go ahead, No.
Speaker 1: Say it's will to me. Say that.
Speaker 5: Please will to me.
Speaker 1: You saying the wrong thing. All right, I'm in Dallas.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Around. Let's see what le me get some ointment. Let's see what happened, Larry, Larry, you almost won five hundred dollars. But you do get a signed copy of Men Don't Run in the Rain, which my dad will tell you right now, quick complaining. Yeah, so d we have Larry's addressed. Yeah, I'll just send it to you. Hope you get your feeling better, buddy. Congratulations the books on the way, and I hope some out of eras on the way. And watch those blisters.
Speaker 5: Thanks, Hey, you have a pregnant to ask you right right?
Speaker 1: What is what?
Speaker 4: How long have you guys been married?
Speaker 1: You se show one hundred? Thank you for being with us today, Gang Speedy, Greg Adler with us, Speedy leaving late in the show. Today, he and his son celebrating his graduation from college, going to see the NHL Playoffs, the Dallas Stars against Edmonton the Oilers, right, aren't they the Oilers? So in Dallas, So he'll leave late in the last hour of the show Today, box seats are coming in and they'll visit with us today. Looking forward to that Burgess Ball battle coming up this weekend episode three of Tellus from the Camp House on the Rick Birdes Just Show YouTube channel, So enjoy that. And also we have this weekend another episode. As we're celebrating the present and excited about the future, we're also enjoying and grateful for the past. We've got Rick and Bubba's greatest hits in Radio Gold the podcast a new episode this weekend as well, so enjoy that on your travels over Memorial Day weekend. As we say thank you to those who have paid the lease on the freedoms we enjoyed and continue to enjoy with their lives. So remember that over the weekend and be thankful, obviously for their sacrifice. So we'll talk a good bit today about a number of things. We got phone segments. We'll do some of that. We've got other things to cover. Here's one thing starting the hour that you know sometimes things throw you a little bit. The story that Speedy laid out today, the optimal time to drink coffee isn't when you normally have it. I don't want to hear we're all in trouble here. I'm tired of you seen this. I'm tired of these stupid studies. All right, so change, Thank you, buddy. They don't stick to it. Hey for Larry to hear this. Do you think Larry was before the heartbreak hit him in a terrible time. Do you think that Larry was asking all of us how long we've been married to our wives?
Speaker 3: I think so, because I don't think he thinks we're married. I just think he wants because I maybe because I just I just celebrated twenty five years with Terry and thats been a conversation.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's that's what he was asking. No, honestly, if I if I, if I I don't, But if I play for the team, I could do better than Speedy. Uh So anyway that the show is me, I mean, what kind of what kind of shot is that? Well, I'm just saying what somebody take care of you, treat you right by the way of all things to be offended by this isn't one of them, but you find yourself kind of defending out you. Wait a minute, Yeah, you too good for me. Look you want a good man behind you? Actually, no, no, I don't.
Speaker 2: He got behind every great man.
Speaker 1: He's a great man. This guy right here, I'm pointing this speedy. Is he not gold on how he tries to speak? I mean he delivers on speaking. So many got right there, Show one hundred. You want to look over your shouldern. No I'm there. No, No, I don't know. I really don't. So you're back. You've been married twenty five years, speeding Greg, you've been married thirty six. Yep, he's not bragging it. I've been married twenty nine years and we're not three months. We're not going mon okay twenty nine Adler.
Speaker 2: And I'm nine years nine years.
Speaker 1: I'm twenty five years and three days. So I hate to do eight hours. I hate to do this delivery. To talk about coffee becauselet's face that, he didn't want to hear it. No, no, man, I wish you wouldn't talk about coffee. So uh we can say lap.
Speaker 2: He said.
Speaker 1: Optimal time to drink coffee isn't when you normally have it. Maybe coffee doesn't need to be the very first step in the morning routine going on for years. While it's often associated with wakefulness, experts claim there may be benefits to holding off. Experts on that cup of coffee for a different time of day. Greg, There is a stress hormone. It is called cortisol. It's a stress hormone. It's highest in our body right when we wake up. According to somebody, a registered dietitian who I'm sure enjoys the ship. She said, this cortisol a stress hormone. It begins to decline naturally throughout the day. Caffeine, Greg is a stimulant. Yeah, so if it's consumed when cortisolt is high, that can increase stress levels that are already high at the beginning of the day. I didn't seem to do that. You're feeding that stress hormone. I don't feel stressed in the morm Anywow, excuse me, I don't feel well sressed. So this is just the way you are when you're not well. I'm just saying I think they're full. So they want you to wait, Rick, they want you to wait. What's a good time then, cortisol decline is different for everyone, but typically occurs one and a half to two hours after you wake. Hold off, Rick and I drink one then too, that's the best time for coffee. I do both. So they want you to have a sleepy drive in and then have some good correct, let's do that. That's safe. Correct. There is no specific time that's best to drink coffee. It's based on when you wake and your natural rise and drop in the cortisolt all whatever. So you need to I know, Greg, you've been very concerned about that all these studies and you you've been wanting to know that next year when I wait a minute, we looked again. Cortisol is killing you. I mean no, coffee's been one of those things like eggs that they batted around a little bit. Yeah, they can't quite seem to land on it. Here we go, now what hundred to the people we go? Emails coming in by the mobs every day. If you'd like for years to be considered for the show, put hey Bird, hey Birge in there and offer something interesting or give us a little encouragement. Always helps. Hey, this is from David, Hey Bird, Jay Birge. I need the opinion of the men of the show, Speedy, Greg Adler and you. Here's my situation. All right, all, are y'all paying attention? I am My daughter is getting married in October. I have three children, two sons and my daughter, who is the youngest. Okay, all of my children have turned out to be wonderful young adults, but my my daughter holds a special place in my heart. As they usually do. My daughter and her fiance have chosen to have wait for it, a western style barn wedding cowboy hat. Not just a barn, but a western style barn. All the men will be wearing western attire. Interesting. I got no problem with this, but Rick, I appeal to you. I want you to know because I can picture Greg looking at me. I look like an absolute clown and a cowboy hat. Oh no, he's got to wear a cowboy hat. I've explained this to my daughter and she says, I don't I don't have to wear a cowboy hat. But I'll be the only man not wearing one. Walking your daughter down the isle wearing a cowboy hat. Gregg, it's a western I'm not saying not do it. I believe she really, deep down wants me to wear one, and I think I'm kind of ruining the day. So then here's the question I would like to ask Adler Greg Speedy, and you do I wear the hat and look like a goofball or not be a team player and not wear the hat. Now you wear the hat? She picked the Western style wedding. Yeah, I get it, not that into it either. Got understand understood. But if my daughter wanted me to wear a stupid cowboy hat, I'd wear the stupid He.
Speaker 3: Does have a soft belly for his daughter and his grandchildren, Yeah, he does. I think what you do is you just try to find the hat that makes you look less goofy. Just try to find something. Don't get the ten gallon, No, you just go to the store and put try on about five or six and then your wife go that one right there.
Speaker 1: Of course, cause let me tell you. Let me tell you what's gonna happen, cowboy dad, Let me tell what's gonna happen, Marshall Dylon. What's gonna happen to you if you don't wear the hat? And I agree with the men at I hadn't heard you get you in the same place.
Speaker 4: Here, excuse it's an excuse to wear a cowboy hat and a bolo tie and some boots.
Speaker 2: Let's go, let's boots, scoot and boogie this wedding. Let's do it.
Speaker 1: Here's the great part, especially if you look goofy in the hat. There's gonna be a lot of pictures of you in.
Speaker 3: It, and you get to see him, and then you can take it off like you're being respectful.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, let me warn you there, because here's what's gonna happen. Then you gotta do a little answer. It's like this, you don't do you know, Yeah, yeah, you don't do the hat. Your daughter is gonna pretend she's okay with it while deep down being hurt. There's the reason she picked the Western right. And then when the pictures come out and you don't have it on, then here comes the wife will start drafting with the daughter, of course in there all these pictures. Of course Dad didn't have the cowboy hat on because he refused to wear it because he thought he looked goofy. Kind of ruined the set up. But it's okay, Dad, I didn't want you to feel goofy. Yeah you're gonna hear that for the rest of your life. Now here's it from the picture. Wear the hat. Here's what you do. I think you flip the script.
Speaker 3: You get all into it, and you call your daughter and you go, I want to father daughter afternoon.
Speaker 1: Let's go. You go with me and let's pick out a cowboy hat. I can't wait to do this, and you help. She's there and she goes, Dad, I like that one. Look less goofy than doing that right? Right? And maybe you don't just go with it. Maybe you don't look as goofy as you think you embrace it. I don't know, though I'm not in Cowboy hats are so cool. If you think you look goofy in it, because most people look goofy, you think they don't. If you think you look goofy in it, she must be goofy. It must be because I'm with Adler. Any excuse to put on the cowboy heads kind of especially a black one with a big trench.
Speaker 3: And you find the most honest member of your family to go with you too, so they're they're not saying, oh no, that looks good, dad, and it doesn't.
Speaker 1: Know how about this? Put the put the cowboy hat on that? Greg said, it shockingly. That's what your daughter shows, and she's excited about the cowboy wedding. But what you want. You can't have the number one guy at the wedding, second only to the groom, not in a cowboy father daughter. Afternoon, y'all go pick out a hat, have fun, eat lunch. I try tell you lover enough to wear the hat. That kind of thing. Yeah, let's talk about John Thomas and Living Hope, South Africa. I have the email. Okay, A lot of you have been saying, hey, is John and the folks in South Africa that you've come to know and love on this showed?
Speaker 10: Hello, Hello everyone, Congratulations from John Thomas on one hundred shows outstanding work. I love it, so does AFRO. As a matter of fact, Happy birthday, Brodie.
Speaker 1: Oh oh wow, just leave it there. Stop. That's just weird from a dead standpoint. He's married, but let's not begin into that, okay. So John Thomas says, thank you for checking on us. We're doing okay. He's been battling some health issues, but he says, as far as what's going on with the farmers and the government, Living Hope is going well thanks to the wonderful donors, like all of you, We've not been affected in any way by the withdrawal of funding or the grabbing of farmland. We learned to not depend on governments back when Barack Obama withdrew all of our funding. That's when we started the DAD funding, which is still going well. But we are doing great. We're thriving thanks to all of you, and have been unaffected by the chaos that's going on right now. So there's the update from you. Okay, let's take a look at this add This is coming out of Costa Rica. You know the this is a paddle that looks similar to the pickleball thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's this game called paddle. Have you heard of this.
Speaker 1: Speech I have not. I mean, once I say it, maybe it's one of the things.
Speaker 4: It's it's like kind of like tennis pickleball kind of vibe, but it's in a room, like a glass room, where you can actually play off the wall, so if like the.
Speaker 2: Ball gets past you, you can still play it off the wall. And evidently evidently it's like racquetball.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it's called paddle and it's evidently one of the fastest growing sports in the world.
Speaker 2: There was a fight and.
Speaker 1: We've got paddle. Yes, yes, they're gonna start fighting and using the paddles.
Speaker 2: But we got a kick through the there's a kick. Look at the middle aged men.
Speaker 1: Okay, there they are. No, somebody's just somebody with a paddle. Yeah, the guy using the paddles for weapons. That the guy. And then come, what the hell? The break in blue shirt said, let's fight like a blue shirt, Light Green shirts down. Your blue shirt is not good at this.
Speaker 2: This guy is a big trouble maker and blue shirt stinks it fighting.
Speaker 1: I can't believe that lime green hits somebody with their paddle. Blue Shirt, you are way out. Your body's too far forward. You got your weight out, over your feet, Come on over your skis again.
Speaker 3: You had a good bass hand hand raised here. Yellow shirt, now we got we got a blue shirt. We got a royal blue shirt, a gray shirt, a black shirt, light green shirt, and a yellow shirt. All right, these are all the people. So yellow shirt he's seems to be trying to be the peacemaker. He's in between everybody, and he's talking to green shirt and shirt. And then when whenever blue shirt gets past yellow shirt, watch yellow shirts face. He's like, oh, come on man and you can tell see now we've got paddle over yellow shirt and then now we'll watch yellow shirt.
Speaker 1: He's like, watch yellow Shirt. Oh, but I gotta blame Lime Shirt. Lime Shirt, he's the one that escalated this whole Yellow Shirts talking to Blue Shirt getting him calm, and Lime Shirt comes over the back of yellow Shirt with his paddle after one one miskick and hits him with the pad.
Speaker 3: I think Blue shirts got some fight in him. He just gets off ballance. Yeah, he's he's trying to go after old green shirt here, and Green Shirt wants to hit everybody with his paddle.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a nice slip.
Speaker 4: By the way, green Shirt did have a nice slip of that punch because the Blue shirt went down.
Speaker 1: My good Blue Shirts.
Speaker 3: Comes yellow Shirt again, trying to calm everybody down.
Speaker 1: Yesh. We've watched a lot of fight videos, and I've come to the collusion sadly that we've raised an entire generation of men that can't fight nice. I didn't see one person that look like that knew how to fight. I think the four of us could beat up all of them, and like, maybe you go have lunch and be fine. If he tried to kick you would y'all have just stood there. No, I grabbed his footage.
Speaker 7: He was the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: From the text Nation, Fighting in violence isn't always the answer, Burgess. Well, no, you're right, it isn't always the answer, and it should be avoided. It should be avoided at all cost. I totally agree. But I but we also don't live in a world where fighting in violence is never the answer, or maybe the better, the better way to phrase that is the response somebody, somebody kicks you and hit you in the head with the paddle, I'm sorry, Yeah, I mean it's it's I feel bad for the guy that tried to throw that haymaker with and it's video and it's gonna be a lot of people like us gonna keep showing it. Yeah, I mean his intention was good. Yeah, Sometimes it's a great deterrent. It is because you know, if the right person had been around Lime Green Shirt, Lime Green Shirt for the rest of his life, would never kick anybody and hit him in the head with the paddle. Again, if it was handled right, beca's idiot. If it was quick and decisive, right, you know, the way he kicked you could have run right up on his leg dumped him to me fighting in violence, which should be always the last resort. But you know, you're protecting yourself, you're protecting your family. Those kind of things. You don't want to be involved in that. You hate that. But if you ever get in that situation, I think it should be like disciplined, it should be swift, it should be decisive, and it should it should be it should have impact. I mean, if you're going to go go all in. Yeah, right.
Speaker 2: Also, the distance management from all parties is terrible. You're what are you doing? Standing rain? Nobody can my goodness, what are you doing?
Speaker 4: And then also, uh, you know, I do jiu jitsu said.
Speaker 1: It's good to hear from little Hannity the.
Speaker 4: Best the best self defense is a solid forty yard dash. Because I am on, I am anti fighting. Truthfully, what is in this situation like, because you don't never know if somebody's gonna pull out.
Speaker 2: A night, it should be avoided if possible, exactly.
Speaker 4: But in this situation, these guys are all in their athletic gear. We just got done playing. Nobody's got a weapon the paddle game. You know, nobody's got a weapon. So if I'm gonna fight I am going to fight in this situation because I'm like.
Speaker 2: Let's go, We're on a sports court. You don't have a night, I'm about to put you to sleep.
Speaker 1: Well, that would be your first going for the sleeper.
Speaker 3: Yes, you also kind of wonder you're playing this paddle game. How did escalate to where you're that mad at all?
Speaker 1: Now, don't be surprised by that. We have we have men, and we have competition, we have paddles. That's not I'm just saying. I mean, good night. I'm surprised. I don't think you always got a hot head in a bunch. Hello, yeah, yeah, no paddle.
Speaker 4: Hey, So this paddle game is it's kind of like pickleball in that it has like rules to make it easier, like you have to serve it below your waist and all this stuff. And so it is for people that aren't maybe ready for blew and tennis or like past that point in their life they want to play.
Speaker 3: But so largely popular, huge, So lime green guy, Okay, he kicks through an opening in the in the I guess what, the the glass window area. There's a little walk through in mid court and and and he he kicks through it. So obviously he's standing with some kick kick and then yellow Shirt tries to separate him and he wants to kind of sneak a little hit with the paddle over the show.
Speaker 1: He's a bit he needs his A. W Well, text Nation has you're all over this, sir, ma'am. You can tell that lime Green has been No one has ever whipped that a for him, and he needs it. Yeah. It really you're loving him by whipping him because he's to stop going around with in life kicking people on him in the head with a paddle. Somebody's got to break his desire to do that.
Speaker 2: It's not gonna be blue shirt.
Speaker 1: That's blue shirt shot our guy. He turns a couple of black shirts. Didn't do a thing. I will say, blue shirt shirt out over his skis. You know, it's kind of you ever watched Great References before second Hand Lions, great example. You know Robert de Vas tried not to cause trouble, but some of these younger men just need to be taught a lesson, and he had to teach him about things. I'll give him blue this as goof is he looks when he whiffs he was coming. He was the minute it started he didn't. He was he was far. But like you say, he's got to get his You can't lose your coup and you can't be you can't just be out of control. He needed to get a good base, you know, and and stand down and let Lime come in from one more paddle hit and just just right on the nose.
Speaker 3: So Adam, let me ask you a question. If your blue shirt royal blue shirt, and you like I'm going in instead of trying to run and swing, are you trying to just form tackle him and get him on the ground.
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, any double legs, single leg takedown helpless.
Speaker 2: Look how helpless he is when he falls on the ground too.
Speaker 4: By the way, buddy, I mean if your if your buddy doesn't bail you out, you're taking a couple more paddles to the head.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Lime Shirt is hitting a man on the ground with his paddle. Yeah, grown man, he's hitting him with the paddle. Shows you that can't see it?
Speaker 4: Can I show you all sweet takedown on your if you are, are you taking down Greg Speedy?
Speaker 1: Speedy? All right?
Speaker 3: What you have to be taken down because you're the one, You're young for a fly, You're the youngest fly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's not gonna hurt you, he declared, fingers. Okay, what are you speedy? It's all over again.
Speaker 3: You hear me.
Speaker 1: That was a horrible saying. I've never seen it. Guys, that was a horrible saying that I could not. I know what he didn't want you to do.
Speaker 2: Somebody's still standing up.
Speaker 1: Stand just please stand up. Stop stop stop trying to smother him.
Speaker 4: You're on the ground and say you're gonna get stumped or something like that.
Speaker 7: The boy getting stumped.
Speaker 1: You gotta get to his legs.
Speaker 2: Geto that ankle, into that ankle.
Speaker 7: You can swing your body.
Speaker 2: Around like that.
Speaker 1: Don't bring his leg Those legs are the tiny. Don't break. Do not break to kill meat ankles. Look, Adam took him down. Here we are again.
Speaker 3: But where we started down there, I ended.
Speaker 1: Up on top, well sort of it was on top first, sort of were together. I didn't know what you were doing.
Speaker 2: I didn't know he laid down, like come to me all of a sudden.
Speaker 1: Of all the things that I would say on Show one hundred, I was hoping that we'll that wasn't ment.
Speaker 4: So y'all saw that, sweet ye We continue the momentum to stay on top.
Speaker 2: I let you get that.
Speaker 1: At the end, I didn't know what I was doing. That was good. Uh. Vacation vacation nightmare. Guys, we keep hearing there. Hey, I'm gonna have to tell our I'm gonna have to tell our audience stopped going to Costa Rica. Yeah, stop going to Costa Rica. Costa Rica nearly killed Gene Homan. Costa Rica just had these guys fighting with paddles. Vacation nightmare. Twelve family members diagnosed with the fungal disease because they simply explored a Costa Rica cave. An extended family of six adults and six children brought back more than souvenirs from Costa Rica. They went into a bat cave and they toured it. And now the family has has they're spread across across three states, Georgia, Texas, and Washington. They nowur back home. They feel sick from the vacation. Uh. And they have the the CDC is involved. Huh. They believe they've got contracted something from this cave. It's so long, histoplasmosis something like this. Oh Gray, you were talking about that the other day. I bet yeah. Uh And and they're saying that they that every twelve of the thirteen that went all have come back with this. Uh it it affects the lungs. Is that what? And breathed it in this might you think it's what Homan got that near took in Costa Rica, right, he was rafting, rafting, Guys, you can't go to Costa Rica. There's stuff everywhere. I'll stop it. There's stuff everywhere.
Speaker 2: I mean, bats will carries them.
Speaker 4: They kill a lot of bugs, but buddy, they also carry some stuff.
Speaker 1: Well, you know when you go, when you go, when you leave the you know, when you leave the country, sometimes you forget that you're no longer in the United States of America, and you just forget that and you think, well, these are the things that are available for us on excursions. Let's all do it. And they're not going to take that time talking about that's usually how you say it. For instance, you remember the time Speedy that I was in Prague. Oh yeah, you like to gott in a bind and we all nearly it wasn't a disease, but the crowd. It was the Christmas tree lighting, and the crowd converged on this downtown small you know old classic you know, progs full of everywhere you look you want to take a picture, right, And they all converged on this Christmas tree lighting in this little town square area. And for some reason, the Prague Heites thought, well, there's too many people coming in, so let's block all the entrances in. What they didn't realize they also have now blocked all the ways out. Everybody's stacking up. So everybody was stacking up and they begin to panic, and we had people get knocked down, you know, nearly trampled. And I honestly, and all of a sudden, I thought to myself, normally, I'm like, let's all be calm, that everybody worked this out. And then it hit me, wait a minute, I'm not in the United States of America. I don't know how this is going to go. You don't even speak whatever language. And I was trying to One woman got nearly got trampled, we got with the family, all got separated, we had children. It was a nightmare. You yeah, boy, that's day the heck got abroad. When yeah, when you travel abroad, I mean there's enough trouble here at home, but when you get out in these other countries. It's it can be, it can be risky. Yep. And I'm sorry, I'm getting too many bad things out of Costa Rica. I'm crossing through that. It's not worth that. Too many germs, too many germs. We'll be back more of the Rick Burgess Show coming up on day one hundred and we're going to do a Burgess ball battle today and we've got the box seats are full. So Speedy reach into the little red hat that Greg's holding and draw out the two numbers that will battle each other for a chance at the wheel. Okay, uh, and Speedy will go over to the court, get the get the court illuminated, and get it ready to go. So Speedy, tell us which lucky Vox seat people are going to play each other in the Burgess ball battle.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's see the number seven was drawn that Sarah Cooksy.
Speaker 1: Sarah Sarah Cooksy.
Speaker 3: Sarah is taking on number ten drawn here Cohen Hurst, Cohen hearstay.
Speaker 1: Okay, do they know what you're like?
Speaker 8: Huh?
Speaker 1: You're dating or dating? Well? Oh he looks like a ball or two you So watch out. I want you to fast forward to the future. So what happened with you? And Cohen. Oh well, it was great till he was a jerk and Burgess ball battle. It was never the same after that. Uh soll y'all come on, here they go. They're battling each other, all right, speedy go edition of a very uncomfortable Burgess ball battle. It is all right, so we're gonna turn this on here again.
Speaker 3: You each have your own lane. Okay, don't get too close to each other and start flirting during this. Al right, so you got thirty seconds first, twenty, it's two last ten. It is three points. Okay, I'm gonna get this going here. We're gonna wait, all right, get ready and wait and go.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go.
Speaker 8: It is on.
Speaker 1: It was on right now. We have got Cohen ahead of Sarah.
Speaker 3: Four nothing, six nothing easy here, Cohen, it's easy, Cohen. It is eight nothing okay, eight two, okay, it is ten to four right now, Cohen over Sarah.
Speaker 1: It is ten to six.
Speaker 2: Oh, very smart, very smart.
Speaker 1: Cod it's ten tens. It's twelve to ten.
Speaker 6: He's going.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, it's fifteen to fifteen. Oh my gracious, that's five seconds left.
Speaker 3: Cohen is over.
Speaker 7: Oh, twenty one nights.
Speaker 1: Here's twenty twenty one. There's a time, there's the first ever come, there's the.
Speaker 6: First ever comes?
Speaker 1: What all this is amazing? Twenty the Cration twenty one to twenty one. Oh, it's like the it's like the athlete and uh, it's like the athlete. And Cohen couldn't come out. It's like he's like, I gotta come back.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna do what we got to do it again? Well, it's a time. What I was thinking now or what is this? Woell? They each get three shots and then whatever those three shots produced, the other has to beat it and that'll be that'll be sudden down. Okay, all right, so all right, Sarah's gonna go first.
Speaker 2: Cohen?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, hang on, Cohen, settle down? Can you can you keep score? Speedy?
Speaker 3: There you go?
Speaker 1: So just three shots, three shots, three shots.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna turn come over here if you don't mind, Cohen, and then whatever she let you go, no heckling or anything.
Speaker 1: And these are all two point shots. It's the best of three. Here here we go, all right, all right? Short, that's okay? Rim there all right? So much pressure, so much pressure made the second the second one. There's two okay, made the sund I made one of three. Alright, so three Cohen. All you gotta do is hit two shots and you'll go to the wheel, all right, Cohen, here, come on, Cohen. Interesting. Cohen is a lot of Okay, my god, you missed it. Miss pressure. There's so much pressure. Gracious, well play the well play. That's a smart dad. So Sarah is the winner. Don't come here. Sarah is the winner. Let's see what you all right, So Sarah goes to the wheel. He must really hey, you know what, he really likes her, He really does. He really likes it's gonna work.
Speaker 9: What if they've done and.
Speaker 1: He thinks it's gonna work. He feels good about it.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Hold up, we have to make sure we're ready. Money, money, all right. So Sarah, here's the deal. You must say it is will to me, and you have to say it loud, almost in your one hundred voice, it's real to me. And then and then you spent it, and then let's see, let's see if the will produces today for Sarah. It's will to me whenever you're ready, all right, get it? Okay, Oh my goodness, come on, Sarah, Come on, Sarah, Sarah, Sarah. Here we getting Hey, hey Sarah want a turkey call it? She doesn't know she should clam or not. Sarah doesn't know what to Hey, hey, little Sarah, if you want to, you know, I'll send you a turkey call and take you you can god but godbin and bring up in the big goblins and bring it in. I mean, they's got a little Glenn down here.
Speaker 3: Let me meet you, all right, So now I'm just going to offer something up and celebration of the hundredth show.
Speaker 1: Why don't we let him spind too for a real spin?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Okaycounting, No, no, no, I got it. I think it's not. Let me tell you this, I get it. If we hear the money music, it's a yes. If we don't, it's a no. Okay, Okay, Yes, I'm going because the show one hundred and because you clearly let her win, We're going not. I don't think he let her win. Hey, do you agree? I don't think he let her win in the real battle, right, but he let her win in overtime. That's it. That's smart. That's smart, smart man. So this is a legitimate spin. Yes, this is legit. Yeah, Okay, all right, do you know what to say? All right, say it loud and give it a rip.
Speaker 8: We go.
Speaker 1: Let's say this is a this is a legitimate spin because it's the one hundredth show. And Speedy asked, I just know it's good. I'm with you. I know I'm with you.
Speaker 3: Kind of had a meeting on there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not thrill. Come on, let's gonna get five.
Speaker 2: Let's gonna go.
Speaker 1: So Cohen, you just won five hundred dollars. Oh Cohen? Wow, well done? What a good height now you got? You got five hundred dollars in a nice look, cute turkey call for you, little lady. So there you go. Oh that's good. Five hundred dollars, five hundred dollars. So yeah, me too. I almost surreal. I forgot I had rottor co I got, I got it. I got excited. Are you okay in there?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: Huh? Did you even speak? So you were good? You were good? That was Goodney Cohen? How's that feel? Five hundred dollars? You know the beauty of that too? You you won't even get taxed on that. Yeah, we wondn't have to do a w nine. Wow, I said, do you realize that during the game that ended up a time her comeback. You were down by ten. It was really good. It's impressive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was impressive.
Speaker 1: Behind run. Once she settled down, she got a pretty good shot. Yeah, she really does. So some reason Cohen started missing. I don't know what's up with that. Well, I will tell you it worked out in overtime. He uh, and it worked. You See when you do when you do the right thing, it pays off, doesn't it. It does pays what I came back to you. All right, we'll come back. We have a very special message, uh special message today. Speed. I didn't want you to miss this before you, you know, leave us.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: So I'll just let Adler, you know, kind of set it up and then I'll pot it up and get it ready going on here, Sola, you now have control of the ship.
Speaker 2: Check check Oka, there is there. Okay, all right, So we have a very special message.
Speaker 4: It's Show one hundred and we we've heard from this friend of the show before, but I think it's just because it's the Show one hundred.
Speaker 2: They want to congratulate us.
Speaker 1: What an encouragement.
Speaker 2: Here is the great Oh my goodness. Oh yeah, here's the Great William Hung.
Speaker 8: Okay, Hey Rick, Ruth, Greg Special, Speedy, and Bay Adler. Is William Hung, congratulations on one hundred episodes. Even though you guys have cake granola and Yoka foot break least, I'm still proud of you. Tell Larry to collect more patches. And tell Gerry. I said, Hey, Richard, here is a song for you and stupid.
Speaker 11: Be what you want to be, do what you want to do, be true yourself, and just do it. Be what you want to be, do what you want to do, because he's all up to you.
Speaker 1: What did you can I just hear his intro again? Sure, because when he runs it list Yeah, I noticed he said big. I think you said. That's what I'm after.
Speaker 2: That's what people call me outside of the show.
Speaker 8: Hey, Rick, Ruth, Greg Special, Speedy, and Big Adler. So Jesus, William Hung, congratulations on one hundred episodes. Even though you guys have cake, granola and yogur foot breakfast.
Speaker 1: I'm still proud of you.
Speaker 8: Oh my good patches. And tell Garry, I said, hey.
Speaker 1: Rachel, trying to Gary up there you and do it.
Speaker 11: Be what you want to be, do what you want to do, be true yourself and just do it.
Speaker 8: Go be what you want.
Speaker 11: You're still going do what you want to do because he's all up to you.
Speaker 5: There we go.
Speaker 1: How many times you think he sung that trying to say hey Robert.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he meant to say hey Robert, Robert.
Speaker 1: Richard, Okay, got it, Robert. He said that was rude, Greg, right, not ruth, Greg, that was Ruth. It's still not quite. You would think this far down the road, let's just call it. You would think this far down the road he would be speaking better English. You would, I mean, this far down the road, he's kind of like Arnold, like you said, getting over.
Speaker 3: I know that's how we all stay away from his last name, his second Do you think I would?
Speaker 1: You know by the way people are tying, people are tying us meeting the vox seats, they're saying that a George Straight song just lived itself out here. I think he's got something by checking yes, did he have one called check yes? Yes?
Speaker 2: His check yes or no? You guys don't know that song, and you know how you know.
Speaker 1: We how we would probably not know it the fact we've never listened to his music.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, then why do y'all hate him?
Speaker 1: Somewhere. I don't hate him, Greg Hat. I'm just not interested the music video.
Speaker 2: He'sn has little kids in the school and they're handing notes to each other.
Speaker 1: I thought, what can we hear? Like three seconds? You'd love to get an archooal want nice? That's it? We didn't. We didn't.
Speaker 2: Third grade.
Speaker 1: But you know, I like he's tapping his boot. Oh no, oh, I like that.
Speaker 5: Look.
Speaker 1: Look he's just great. Look the new book that Greg's got coming out. We just got a framed copper.
Speaker 3: And get it out from behind the mics trying to say something.
Speaker 1: He's trying to say, hold it up. There we go, there's Greg's new book. Men don't listen to George Straight. By the way. I love when the text Nation said a George Straight song just lived itself out on the show. Make fun of that, Greg, okay, which he will do? Well? Come on, I see your son j C here. You don't think he loves the Dallas Stars. He's ready to go first first time before, first time to fly. That's all right, Dad, you're gonna be sitting next to you. Bro, I wis I wish you were on a bigger plane. I'm just gonna be on come to the big boy Mike right there, right there, he's shout out, I got a job. Now got hey, interesting choice and shoes they're comfortable. Okay, we're gonna be doing a lot of walking. Okay, that's right. You're planning on going to a compound somewhere.
Speaker 2: What's wrong?
Speaker 1: That's walk for walking? Why they're terrible walking? You gotta have some support. And this is his way of getting new shoes. I guess I'm his new shoes. We're gonna have a lot of time to walk around and find shoes. Yeah, we get there. What is it? What is it like though? When like you're you know, with your dad, and you know, most most kids, this is not why he came up. Wells, most kids have a hope that they might get a souvenir. You know that's not gonna happen. Yeah. So, I mean no, I had to bring my own graduation money because I know he ain't gonna get me anything.
Speaker 3: It's not true, buddy, I mean you're going okay, I'm putting Uncle Greg on you.
Speaker 1: Now, are you excited? I'm so excited. My roommate went to the game two days ago. He said it was so fun, So he had a good window. How many fights were in it? Three? I like any sport, lets you fight? Yeah, you know, how are you liking new job? It's fun? I said, you're taking a doubt a little quick. I mean what you put into harmins he worked to days. They can be at everybody's out of the office. You may have a future in radio that kind of well, I hope you'll have a great time. I'll kidding decide straight up. Yeah, we're gonna take plenty of videos, so I should document that on the little story. Yeah, let us know what's going on. We want to see what's now. You don't here by two pm, he's gonna forget I left. Well, but I remember when you send me a video Tuesday, I'll come back. Go. Man, we have fingers. Where did you go? Man?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 1: You ready, you're about to go? Yeah, okay, stars, all right, let's go go. Start my hand the whole time. We'll come right back. Stay closer. How about this, raise your hand. If you hit the snooze button most every morning, oh, every morning, twice, every every every hive if it's every okay, yeah, why why not? That's part of the routine. That's why I got my clock fifteen minutes. Fast stand by for a Debbie Downer. Oh, here we go. Most Americans hit the snooze button every morning. Here's why it's bad for your health. It ain't bad for your hell, Greg, Fox News done got a coffee story.
Speaker 2: Order, Katie and rhythm, Greg, Oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: More than half of sleep sessions in with a snooze button. When people sneak in an elect an extra eleven minutes? What have y'all got? Y'all set on? Mine's ten? I guess it's ten. I don't know why would it be eleven? I don't know why would it be nine? How weird is that?
Speaker 2: It's just that's what it does on the iPhone.
Speaker 1: Okay. A new study says this may not be a great idea. I'm about tired of these, Greg. They have actually tested more than twenty one thousand people globally. Okay, three million sleep sessions have been tracked. Fifty six percent use the snooze button. Oh yeah. The heaviest users of the snooze button who used it more than eighty percent of the mornings. That's me, including the study up an average of twenty extra minutes. The heaviest snoozers were also shown to have more erratic sleep schedules, and if they used the snooze button less often it seemed to kind of calm the sleep schedule, it made their sleep schedule more erratic the snooze button.
Speaker 2: Yep, I think I gave myself narcolepsy by snoozing too much as a kid.
Speaker 1: I'm serious, did you hear this?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 2: I'm serious?
Speaker 4: I think I gave myself because I can fall asleep anywhere we are. We are critically sleep deprived.
Speaker 1: Just don't you think that has something to do with in the job that we have. Don't you think that has something to do with it.
Speaker 4: It's kind of always been this way, and I used to on Saturdays, I would set my alarm for like an hour and a half early and snooze like eleven times because I because I liked going back to sleep.
Speaker 1: It was like, oh yeah, but you take that sleep boom, but now you're making it weird.
Speaker 4: It was weird, And I think I gave myself narcolepsy because I can fall asleep like that. I can fall asleep anywhere. I could sleep in traffic, I can sleep anywhere I want.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, sleep please don't sleep in traffic. Unfortunately, Adler, the snooze alarm disrupts some of the most important stages of sleep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I believe it.
Speaker 1: The hours just before waking up, our rich and rapid eye movement sleep. Hitting the snooze alarm interrupts those critical stages of sleep, typically only offered light sleep in between the snoozes. Not doing you any good man, whatever, Just like this morning, you said we were drinking coffee at the wrong time of the day. I didn't say that. Research your study the next year they'll tell you the complete opposite. Scientists can detect junk food consumption and blood and urine test now, of course they can. They're detect no longer just for drug the ultra processed foods. Now, this scares me a little bit that they would do a headline like this. Look, I'm all about trying to do better. But every just a little bit of this make America Healthy bunch again spooks to me just a little. There's a line, there's a I mean, I'm all about it's doing better. I'm read, I'm all about I'm all about researching problems with Alzheimer's and and and autism. I'm all about all that. Let me tell you, I'm not about giving me a blood test to see if I've been eating ultra processed foods and then taking me into some sort of concentration camp. I am not for That's why are we having it? Why do we care? Why do we need a blood test to find out what people are eating? We know what we're eating. You don't have to tell me. Why why would you need to detect it? Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Are you it's like a fail directs? Am I doing? So I'm not allowed to do? Yeah? That already scare you right there home.
Speaker 2: You know I'm a personal freedom guy.
Speaker 4: I'm with you, should be educated, an educated consumer.
Speaker 1: Also, why would I need a Why would everybody need to test me to see what I've been eating? That's for what reason?
Speaker 2: I don't think anybody's going to test you.
Speaker 1: Why we got the test?
Speaker 2: Well, they have the test for what reason? For science?
Speaker 1: For science?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, RFK Junior Truck said something about it, but I had no idea what he said. Boy, stand by for this, stand by for this. See if this goes with my narrative. Everybody ready, half a dozen more steaks banning soda, Banning soda, banning junk food purchases with food stamps. If you're going to get your food stamps, you can't to eat healthy m h an. If you thought something, didn't you, I could tell that little chuckle. Yeah, I'm just thinking about if it's bad enough now you can't eat good stuff. Great, don't be like that. That's not what this is. To keep people having a hard time. Before you know it, maybe we may. We're not just banning it for food stamps. We're banning it for everybody, protecting, protecting us from ourselves. Well, the job, electual government. Let me make decisions for you and tell you what you can and can't do. Yeah, you gotta.
Speaker 2: It's a slippery slope.
Speaker 1: It's slippery because before you know it, we don't like your religion. But we don't. We don't like, we don't like all this Jesus stuff. We're gonna put you away too. You can't talk about that either. I don't like the government decide what we can and can't do with good Let's keep it, let's keep it inside the law. Let's not be reaching out.
Speaker 4: I think the big complaint was, like snap and Wick, people were buying uh, you know, tons of sugary things, and that has we we do see that. Like, you know, a lot of fat kids around. There's a lot of fat kids, a lot of kids with diabetes.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of fat kids. You know how you feel, you know when you feel when people talk about short people, right, that's how I feel right now?
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, y'all talk about short people all the time?
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, are you saying tough up, Chubb?
Speaker 4: But there's also I mean, there's examples of like you can't you can't buy cigarettes with your snap money and things like that you know you shouldn't be able to. But let's talk about what things you should and should not be able to get with government.
Speaker 1: Hello, work government. We're giving you government money, which, by the way, is our mind, and so we get to tell you what you can and can't do because you're you're coming to us for for help. Yeah, okay, that I got it, slippery, But.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's but let's talk about it.
Speaker 4: Let's not go crazy, all right, you know, let's use let's use a steak knife, not a chainsaw or whatever you know, see them.
Speaker 1: It's an analogy, like to think all of you that say, my red shirt makes me a little like kool aid. Thanks, that was a nice of them. Oh yeah, that's actually Gene Simmons Rick. I don't know. Uh, wildly popular gas station BUCkies. Oh yeah, anybody have I got Bucky Fever. It's it's a little much, isn't it. Six flags over convenience store. It's a lot to take in. There's preparing boots to beef jerky. I believe if you know, if you, if you're ever watching stuff, you remember the time I was the one that pointed out that I thought Barney was dangerous. Remember that? And uh, and I got some flags since he was appearing at the local mall. And I didn't know that on the radio station I was working on, and the salesperson who sold it not thrilled. But but I'll trash there right well, I started. I was just pointing out that purple has six letters in it, Barney has six letters in it, and he had six spots.
Speaker 2: But the by the way, Barney is definitely a brother. That dude can dance.
Speaker 1: He can of course, he's also rip somebody off on the song. It's still somebody else's tune and change the lyrics. Not a big not a great songwriter. No, just steals other people's stuff.
Speaker 2: A lot of nursery rhymes.
Speaker 1: I noticed. Yeah. Uh, BUCkies is now going to start opening in locations in New States this summer. So some of you that thought BUCkies was not available to you, you're about to get some BUCkies. BUCkies is taking over the world. The popularity of BUCkies worries me a little bit. Uh, it seems almost cultish, so many gas pumps in my life. It's overwhelming. It's overwhelming, it's large. People seem to be into it more than they really should be. It's okay to enjoy it, but you ever met people like they're really into it. I'm talking about like not just hey, cage, not just hey, here's a Conmnian store. It's got a lot of stuff and a lot of pump let's all go. Should be fun. That's fine, But some people had like it's it's it's BUCkies or nothing they're going to do. I was I would found myself someone who doesn't like busy things. I was overwhelmed by it. Well it's clean bathroom, though, a very clean bathroom. I wish they had more of them. All right, So yeah, I mean they got a ton of them too.
Speaker 2: It looks like there's sixty over sixty BUCkies locations already.
Speaker 1: Well, guess what, Virginia, you're getting one. You probably didn't see that coming. So Virginia is getting one. H and they're expanding out into other northern places. So that'll be good for our Yankee that's here in the Golden ticket seat or the box seats today former Golden ticket seats. And she seems thrilled by that. You know, she says that we talk and don't move our mouth. Has she told you this year? I get accused of that. Yeah. Also looks like I thought we already have them in Mississippi. Uh, but Mississippi looks like you're in here. The first ones were in Texas, and that's the first one I ever went to. Yeah, and then we got three in Alabama. I think Georgia you're getting one about looks like about five hours below five hours southeast of Atlanta wherever that is. So, so there's there's more BUCkies coming. It seems to be expanding. Well, look, they I applaud them because you talk about some of this figured it out o the branding. Oh, Sheddler has the Bucky shirt where is it. It's a marketing dream. It's a marketing dream. I applaud you. I fear you a little bit, but I applaud you.
Speaker 2: And they put out a good product.
Speaker 1: They do. Now I start getting some Rick Burgess show merching your locations. Suddenly my narrative changes. Okay, we'll be about beaver nuggets. I knew you'd get that in.
Speaker 7: Here is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: We continue, Rick Burgess Show. Unscreen phone calls Hello.
Speaker 6: Well, good morning, rich have to one hundred. That's the bird this show. Happy, Happy, happy day.
Speaker 1: To you and yours beautiful.
Speaker 6: And I'm so proud of you, and I'm just so glad I got to get in and tell you how proud I am. All yea, I will give you a big old kiss on the cheek. But your faces are so furry.
Speaker 1: Thank you, miss kay. That's so good. I feel that feels. That feels so good to hear from little while, ain't you?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 6: Well, what are y'all doing for memorial that?
Speaker 1: Well, you know we're going to go, you know, down to some friends place on the lake, you know, and eat some delicious food and say thank you to those that continue to pay the least for our freedom.
Speaker 6: Well, I think that's so wonderful. We should give them the credit where they do. They many have given their lives for us. Yes, that's wonderful. I think I'm gonna take a dip in Alabama shaped swimming pool. Oh yes, with my two piece bikinis.
Speaker 1: Oh and maybe do a cannon ball right on Dothan. There you go.
Speaker 6: Well either the bad or I can't open a nil aniston.
Speaker 1: That's great, miss kay. I hope you enjoy that. And you heard mister Tuberviulle's announcement today, didn't you.
Speaker 6: Yes, I did. What a wonderful man.
Speaker 1: Okay, you've you've had you know you're out of terms, So I mean, I guess he'll he'll need to take the baton from you.
Speaker 6: Well, I'll be glad to pass it on to women. Everybody vote for wing Nut.
Speaker 1: Hey, Rick here from the Rick Burgess Show. Hope you're gearing up for a wonderful Memorial Day weekend coming up on Monday. It will be a Rick Burgess Show replay. Each hour will be taken from some of our past one hundred shows, So enjoy that and also have a great weekend. And thanks for listening to the Rick Burgess Show. You just heard the daily best of The Rick Burgess Show. Catch The End Tire Show wherever you get podcasts, or watch us live and archived on YouTube. And subscribers can watch the daily Best of The Rick Burgess Show on Blaze TV.