Speaker 1: If your football team had one option in their playbook, the results probably wouldn't be great. The same could be said for your investments. Cibo index options like SPX and xsp can help expand your investing strategies with cash settlement and potential tax advantages. If you're ready for a more dynamic game plan, head to Better with Options dot Com. Cebo life is better with options, Your investments could be too. There are risks associated with Cibo company products. Review the disclosures and disclaimers at cbo dot com slash us Underscore disclaimers.
Speaker 2: Welcome in episode one eighty one, What's Right with Nick Wright? In this episode of What's Right with Nick Wright is brought to you by the McDonald's App. I love the McDonald's app because I can order my favorites anytime I want and to have them delivered to me whenever and wherever. Ordering on the app is so easy. I'm gonna do what I've done a few shows. I'm gonna place an order right now to be delivered to me before this show is over. So let me open up the McDonald's app. There it is. Let me go to my favorite breakfast meal, which is the two burritos, hash browns and orange juice. It knows where I'm at because this is why I delivered last time boot boop, a little Apple pay option. Done and done. All right? See that easy? Now I can focus on the show. McDonald's gonna bring us that food right before, well, at some point during the show, before the show ends. So now into the show. Demonse, was, you know, working hard last night? Texted the group chat guys, I'll take care of the rundown tomorrow. Dame Lillard traded, that's the A block. That's all my work for the day. Demonse, your look right there was like a look of fear like you were supposed to do something you hadn't done that you thought I was being that I was about to say something there. I could just see the deer in the headlights, look like you were like, what was he going to say that I did? Because I didn't do anything. What is he talking about? And did I read your facial expression correctly? Is that right?
Speaker 3: Sort of? Sort of?
Speaker 4: I just when I thought my face is more so when you were talking about I said that I had it taken care of in the a's because these guys obviously know how to do these rundowns better than me, I was being sarcastic in the group chat.
Speaker 2: No, of course, no, but your instinct was right that even for our regular gambling show, we are going to start with Dame. So here's the way I think today's show is going to go. We'll do like fifteen ish minutes on Dame. We'll then run through the other stories in the A block and then have a nice, meaty gambling segment, which up to this point in this year, the segment of been good, the picks of been mediocre. I'm a game under five hundred on the picks, Demante's a game under five hundred on his teasers. We're us a middling team right now. We're like, let me find a good example. Yeah, I mean, I'm trying to find an NFL team where it fits right now. We're kind of like the Chargers Jaguars, you know what. I like that one better. We're like the Jaguars, amazing potential, really high hopes, but you know, substandard performances thus far. Unlike the Jaguars, we are not going across the pond to England to try to break the streak. However, we think we're gonna be okay, all right, here is what missed the cut on today's show. Taylor Swift is gonna attend the Jets Packers game. I'm sorry, the Jets Chiefs game here in New York. Aaron Rodgers saying the Jets need to grow up, and JJ Watt reacting to the tush push or what they now want to call the Brotherly Shove, also reacting to that is the end. The Brotherly shaw is actually a cool name for it, but I think Peter, I think Peter Schrager came up with it. Here's I don't know if you saw our little clip on the that the Philly quarterback sneak is one of our most shared viral clips ever because Eagles fans are so mad at me and hate my opinion on it so much, and you even Demonse caught a fair amount of strays from people who, uh don't typically watch the show, aren't familiar with it, and don't know who you are. And a few of the comments are like, and who's this guy just laughing about it? Why doesn't he speak up? Never even seen this guy before? It doesn't Nick just got a yes man to work with him on his pod, So none of that's great, Philly fans really upset. All right, Demonse, Let's get to the A block and what we're starting with.
Speaker 4: All right, so we're obviously in think of the NFL season, but Damian Lillard just got traded to the Bucks, so he's obviously teaming up with the Honest. Now, is this more about Dame finally going to a contender or is this more about the Bucks trying to please Giannis?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean this happened because the Jannis put real pressure on Milwaukee, and I give credit to you. Listen, it is very in vogue for NBA stars at different points of their career to criticize or take shots at how Lebron has conducted as business, and then when the Rubber meets the road to conduct their business in the exact same manner. There's a great tweet from Kevin Durant a few days after Lebron signed with Miami where he's like, what's up with everyone wanting to team up? You know what happened to competition? Let's go at each other. And then five years later, when things are going a little tougher, j Ran of course goes to Golden State. Honest, in the worst fashion possible. Giannis was, you know, mister loyalty, mister Milwaukee, mister you know, I don't want, you know, a super team, and then all of a sudden, you get the taste of the sweet nectar of a championship. You have a couple disappointing postseason runs, and you're out here telling the New York Times. I don't know what I'm gonna do. I'm you know, Let's see how committed they are. Let's see if everybody cares as much of a championship as much as I do, which is a very lebron move of I'm going to put my boot on the organization's neck and say I don't give a damn about a ninth grader to be named later in the form of a twenty twenty nine draft pick. I want stars around me. I watched other people hoist the title. I watch someone who I believe I'm better than, Anikola Jokic be universally, nearly universally regarded now as the best player in basketball. This is bullshit. Get me better players, and they did. And I know there is some instant demand's galaxy brain. Does this actually hurt Milwaukee? No, it doesn't. I am first team member of card Caring member of Drew Hollidays underrated. Drew Holliday contributes more to winning than Kyrie Irving. I've been saying that for years that Drew Holliday's two way impact is almost second to none if you consider offensive defense equal parts of what he does on the you know, at the guard position. One of the greatest plays in NBA Finals history was I think it was Game four against Phoenix. It might have been Game five, I'm not sure, the Drew Holiday steeal with less than thirty seconds left. Yeah, the stealing the lob Drew Holliday. If you remember the year they won, that year when they won the title, the game three against Brooklyn, when they're down two oh to Brooklyn and that game is coming down to the final moments, Drew Holliday had the game saving defensive play. They go on to win that series. Drew Holliday has been a great player. Okay, he also is not as quite as impactful defensively as he once was. It's fourteen years into the league. I mean he's he's only in his mid thirties, but he came in so young. He just got baptized in the playoffs by Jimmy Butler, who was just mother fing him up and down the court while doing it, and offensively in the postseason, he at times has been a lesser version of himself. So I love Drew and will get to Drew in a bit because I still think he can help a contender in a major way. I'm not denigrating him, but Damian Lillard averaged thirty two points per game last year, and other than Steph Curry, who obviously not available, I would argue this, Demons, tell me if you agree.
Speaker 3: What was that last time?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, Well, I'm gonna I said. Other than Steph, I would argue the following. There is not a superstar in the league that better fits with Giannis. There is not another guy whose game they complement each other better than Yeah, than Jannis and Dame. Because what's Dame's biggest weakness as a player, Demonse?
Speaker 3: Who is the defense?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the defensive side of the ball and where yeah? And where will you where? What is Giannis arguably the best in the league at Yeah, Giannis will cover that up there. When teams play Giannis, what do they try to do? Pack the paint takeaway spacing. Well, when you've got a guy who can hit from forty feet out with relative ease, you have instant spacing. So it is a hand and glove fit that instantly makes the Bucks the Bucks. The last few years have been great defense, average offense. They take a slight or they take a hit defensively, but now they can be a very good offense. And I would argue for Yannis now, his biggest utility for Milwaukee is not necessarily to try to win League MVP, to try to win Defensive Player of the Year is to have the lion's share of his energy be on that end. Yanni's Pruss Blook Pruss Pruss plus Brook will give you a good defense baseline no matter what, and Dame can be bombs away. So I for Milwaukee, I think basketball wise it's great. I also think there is this element of it. I don't think this guarantees Yannis signed some an extension. I think it raises the likelihood. But you know, Dame is under contract for four more years, Yiannis under contract for two more years. I think Gianni's is gonna see how these couple of years go and make sure Dame's he's healthy and that Dame ages the way people hope he ages, and if not, he could bounce. But still Milwaukee is doing everything they can do to keep their generational player happy. That is exactly what they're supposed to do. And for Yannis, Yannis gets it that. There was discussions two years ago after he won the title. How high can Yannis climb on the pyramid? Can he jump Durant? Can he jumps Steph? Can he jump Shack? Can he jump? A team that then stalled out for him. He then saw Steph win another title, and then all of a sudden, folks are wondering, hold on a second, what if Jokic wins this year? Does Jokic then jump yanis the answer that's probably yes, And so there's it is. So Yannis felt real pro sure put that pressure then on Milwaukee. They responded, And I think they're the favorites now. I just think they're the clear favorite. They're plus three to fifty to win the title right now. Yeah, And as far as a gambling perspective, I there's not going to be good value betting the favorite almost ever, So I don't think i'd bet them at plus three fifty, but I do think they should be the favorite. All right, what other follow ups do we have? Jimmy Butler claimed that there was some tampering. Uh, does anything seem fishy with this to you? Okay, so I don't think there was tampering, but there are a few things that are at least worth noting. One is shout out to Rob Burrez, my pal worldwide wob on Twitter, great Twitter follow for immediately tweeting out this video that I had forgotten of this past year's All Star Draft? Did you see this floating around the internet yesterday? To Monsey, it's great. So in the All Star Draft, oh, Lebron and Yannis are the team captains, and Yannis has the first pick, and Lebron and for the reserves, and Lebron says, oh, I know who you're picking here, Yannis, Like we all know because Drew Holidays on there, and Yannis picks Dame Withdrew on the board, and Lebron says, Ley has a rise, smiles like, oh, I see what you're doing there, And this is something we had seen Lebron do in the past, picking Anthony Davis for the All Star Draft. And then there were real signals being put out there Chris Haynes reported that Jannis and Dame have talked about teaming up for a couple of years. Both wanted the other person to come to their city. Okay, that's not tampering, so that I don't find fishy. Here's what I do find fishy. I While I think Dames should be thrilled from a basketball perspective, we all know he wanted to go to Miami, and everyone's like, oh, Miami's offer stinks. You Windworst reported that the eight Nurkice trade was that they got the parameters of it a week ago. So you have to look at the Blazers getting eighton as a separate transaction almost, which means for Dame what they got was Drew Holiday, a second round pick this past year, and a first round pick in two swaps. I don't think that's a great return. Now you're gonna get something for Drew, and I know. Dan Levitard reported this morning that the Heat believe Portland was simply going to take the best offer that was not from the Miami Heat, that they were pissed that Dame tried to force their hand. Didn't like the way the Heat and Dame were doing business on this and that they were simply not trading him to Miami. Flatly, if I were Damed, that would piss me off, not because they sent me to a bad situation, but this is less than ideal for Dame in this regard. For the first one is obviously lifestyle. Whether Miami versus Milwaukee are pretty significant differences. But set that aside. If your Dame as a basketball player, if you believe you can win a title in Miami and you can win one in Milwaukee, I would understand why Dame the basketball player would say I'd rather do it in Miami, where a lot of people will say I was the best guy. Nobody's gonna say you're the best guy. When you're on Gianniss's team. It's like a different former Blazer. Clyde Drexler, the best Blazer in franchise history, went to two finals, lost one to Detroit, lost one to Jordan, and the Bulls couldn't quite get over the hump. Went to Houston, teamed up with the Keem who had already won a title without him, and won the championship. And he was the second best guy and was awesome. But everybody knows that was a Keems team. I get why Dame would have preferred Miami, and I'd be a little pissed if Levittar's correct that the Blazers simply were not going to trade him to Miami. I'd be a little pissed about that personally. Go ahead.
Speaker 4: How devastating is I mean, how devastating is this for the Heat fans?
Speaker 2: I mean, let alone, doubly devastating. It's not just they didn't get Dames that the Bucks did so, it's that. I think one of the reasons the Heat we're not putting all their chips on the table for Dame was their belief was just made the finals without him, Like, if we don't get him, were still okay. But then when the team with the best player in the conference, in the conference, maybe the league gets him. Now you're now you're in real trouble, you know what I mean. It's the It's right. It's it's one thing to be like we don't need Dame necessarily. It's another thing to be like, we're not gonna get him, and our single biggest competition in the East is gonna get him. I don't think they thought, well, you know, Toronto was in this. If Toronto had gotten Dame. I don't think the heat or panicking. They're like, all right, it's a bomber, but whatever, but Milwaukee gets him, You're in real dire straits. All right. Now to the part of this go ahead.
Speaker 4: Just kind of seems like these days that like these these teams on paper, they look crazy, but they don't work out, is what I've been seeing more often than not these days.
Speaker 2: But so let's stay there. Wait, wait, wait, let's stay there for a second. Teams created out of thin air have not worked well over the last fifteen years, unless Lebron's been involved. Okay, the heatles were created out of thin air, but you have Apex Lebron as the focal point. The calves were created out of thin air. You have near Apex Lebron as the focal point. Those worked. The clippers created out of thin air to disaster, the nets created out of thin air disaster. This is not a team created out of thin air. This is the Milwaukee Bucks trading out Drew Holiday for Damian Lillard, much like the Golden State Warriors traded out Harrison Barnes for Kevin Durant. The Los Angeles Lakers traded out Lonzo and Kuzma for Anthony Davis. You see what I mean. It's a different situation than all of a sudden, this is the the created out of thin air super teams worked for the eight Celtics and for Lebron's teams. Everyone else it does not. But I don't look at this as that. I also want to look at this as super team. I look at this as two awesome players. Like I think you've got to have three awesome players for it to be a super team. I look at this as two awesome players. And so, but go ahead, I know you want to talk about Drew.
Speaker 4: So which contender should trade it, should trade for Drew Holiday?
Speaker 2: Well, I'll tell you, but you go ahead.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I think if the Celtics trade for whoever and end up getting Drew Holiday, I don't think there's a game that the Celtics will play the Bucks and loose.
Speaker 3: I think the Celtics would be really good with Holiday.
Speaker 2: I think you would trade Broadden, who they've been wanting to trade. You trade some picks, and you listen, the Celtics are gonna be involved. The Knicks are gonna be involved, Okay, the nick I don't know that. I mean, maybe he does, maybe he doesn't. I the Lakers are gonna call and say in December we can give you. We gotta wait because we signed these guys. We can give you a pick d Loo who's not that useful, and Ruey, who would fit well. The Lakers will call. I'm not saying they'll get him. There's other there's Windy talked about. And I really don't want this to happen. A three team trade demonse involving the Warriors, Blazers and Team X, where Chris Paul goes to Team X, assets go to the Blazers and Drew Holliday goes to the Warriors. Now that would be scary. Drew Holliday on that Warriors team would be a scary situation. And so I hope that doesn't happen. I'll tell you another thing that I would monitor, just a monitor, A three team trade involving the MAVs, Blazers, and Team X, maybe the Lakers, where Kyrie goes to Team X. Call it the Lakers, assets go to the Blazers and Drew goes to the MAVs. Drew is a better fit with Luca than Kyrie by a mile. Phils, you know what I mean. That's another one of those things that fits really well. My buddy that used to run the MAVs, horalbos Vulgaris, who made I don't know maybe a billion dollars by being my guy heard Let me, did you know anything about Horalbo's Vulgars. I would tell the audience a quick story. Horalbos Vulgaris basically has lived out my life stream like my alternate life. He was the world's greatest NBA better. He fifteen years or twenty years ago, developed his own proprietary algo on NBA totals for over unders and NBA sides, and was the most successful NBA better ever by a decent margin. Made millions and millions of dollars betting. The NBA famously had the eight seed Warriors beating the one seed MAVs before the series has it just had made millions of dollars doing it. Also as his hobby, Demanse was what I would call a semi professional poker player, so living living good. He doubled I don't even want to say double down in the midst of that was a early and I mean early adopter of bitcoin and held so got you know, started buying bitcoin when it was less than one thousand dollars a coin, some less than one hundred dollars a coin, and bitcoin at one point was sixty five thousand a coin. So he had all this money from gambling invested in crypto, and I think has held a lot of the crypto. And then in the midst of it ran the Dallas Mavericks briefly or kind of associate ran the Dallas Mavericks. He wanted them to trade for Drew Holliday, they ended up going all in for Chris STAPs instead. He then left the MAVs, cashed out some of his crypto, and God bless him, bought a yacht and a soccer team in Spain and owns this soccer team, CD castlon is using his same like algorithms you know tweaked obviously to evaluate players that he used in the NBA. On soccer is it had an amazing first season. Hangs out on his boat with his awesome dog, occasionally stops by LA for big time poker games, and goes to every major NBA game best seat in the house. Like if you look at the picture of the uh okay, well, I don't care I'm telling a story, So go to hell and so uh and so. The reason I even thought of it was because Drew Holliday was the guy he pinpointed that the MAVs should go after Paranacks Toluca years ago. So I wonder if they'll be involved. But the question for the Blazers is gonna be are they gonna hold him until December when everyone who signed this offseason is available? Are they gonna trade him immediately?
Speaker 3: Go ahead?
Speaker 4: Do you think there's any chance that he's playing for the Blazers in like the thick of the season.
Speaker 2: No, not in the thick of the season, but maybe the very beginning, because anyone that signed this offseason can't be traded till like the middle of December. So if you there will be more players available and more trades available, then all right, now we can get the football. Go ahead, let's do it, all right.
Speaker 4: The Dolphins are coming off a seventy point offensive performance, but they are underdogs in Buffalo who just lost to the Jets a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 2: Is the right team favored here? James favored? This is I knew we could go a little longer in the pre on the Dame stuff because I don't This is a confusing game. I don't yet have a pick for this game. I'm just telling you these two teams. The Bills defense looks unbelievable, but pardon me, that's been against Zach Wilson, Jimmy Garoppolo, and Sam Howell. The offense looks unstoppable. The Dolphins' offense looked unstoppable against the Chargers and the Broncos, but was kind of held in check a bit by the Patriots. The Dolphins obviously aren't gonna look as good as they looked last week. And here's the other kind of interesting factor for this game. Josh Allen is going to go in this game feeling like I've got to be Superman because of the team we're up against. Right, he might be able to be the problem for Josh is he's in games he doesn't have to be Superman. He can't turn it off. The problem for Josh is not when he needs to be Superman. He can't get to that level. So this is a really tricky one. What I'll tell you is this for Miami's super Bowl chances, sneaky huge game. Because Miami's super Bowl chances, I believe involved, as we've talked about not having to play multiple, maybe any playoff games in freezing cold outdoor conditions, and they would have certainly the inside track to winning the AFC East and maybe the one seed overall by winning this game. But this is not gonna be one of knicks picks, And I don't have like this is the best game of the weekend, but I don't have a good feel for it at the moment. All right, next, all right.
Speaker 4: So the Chiefs have yet to beat a team with a winning record this year. Between this week when they play the Jets in November, Kansas City's opponents have a combined two wins. If Zach Wilson beats your Chiefs, will you get your tattoo lasered off?
Speaker 2: If Zach Wilson beats my Chiefs, guys, stop it. This is gonna be a massacre. It's gonna be I didn't promise a masker against the Bears. I'm promising a massacre in this game. Then here's it, and here's okay, we'll get you know what we're gonna do, Chiefs, Jets. It's gonna be one of my picks. The Chiefs have to cover, have to win by ten? How many points do they have to score to win by ten? Fourteen, thirteen, twenty one, twenty one. Yeah, twenty one guarantees they win by ten.
Speaker 3: I see the Jets going thirteen in this game.
Speaker 2: Well, then twenty one wouldn't win by ten. I know, like we gotta twenty one would not. They'll do it nice.
Speaker 4: I predicted the score yesterday. I feel like it's gonna be thirteen, like thirty five.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a massacre. That's and it's not a massacre of it. Thirty five to thirteen is not a massacre. Win by twenty two points. Okay, listen, we're gonna talk more. We're gonna talk more Chiefs Jets in the gambling segment next.
Speaker 4: Uh So, the battle between the oh and three Brocos and the OH and three Bears might be a pretty bad game, a snoozer.
Speaker 3: If you will.
Speaker 4: Whichever team falls OH and four would have the potential pick for the first pick. Meanwhile, in college football, Kaleb Williams and the Trojans are gonna go to Boulder and face coach Prime, which has the potential to impact williams legacy more USC versus collar or Denver at Chicago.
Speaker 2: Denver at Chicago, listen the and hit listen here is because I think Chicago's got a really good chance of having the number one overall pick. This is this is the path forward for Chicago with the number one overall pick. You take Caleb. With the number three overall pick, which you might have thanks to the trade with the Panthers, you draft Marvin Harrison from Ohio State, and this offseason you fire your coaching staff. You hire Ben Johnson from Detroit, their offensive coordinator, have him him come in and work hand in glove with Caleb Williams. I will tell you this, if Chicago wins this game, I'm going to start to become quietly nervous that Caleb is going to be coming to the AFC West. If Chicago wins this game, Denver might turn the entire ship in the tanking direction. And I don't want that. I do not want I thought the Raiders were the team in the AFC West we were gonna have to worry about getting the number one pick. But if Denverse, you know, if their season goes, you lose to Jimmy g and the Raiders. You then blow a three score lead to Sam Howell at home. You then lose, you allow seventy points and then you lose to Chicago that has won one time in the last three hundred and seventy days. That's a big problem. And so everyone's like, oh, Caleb should want to go to Chicago. Well, we'll see, Like if they get a new coaching staff and they all already have the Panthers pick, you have Marvin Harrison, that goes a long way to remaking your team. All right, let's go to Thursday Night football.
Speaker 4: All right, the Lions face the past todight in an early NFC North showdown. Chicago and Minnesota's season already seem over, So you got a fifty to fifty chance of your Packers Division winner bet being right at plus three fifty. The Lions embarrassed Kansas City, So if green Bay beats them, it.
Speaker 3: Would definitely mean something.
Speaker 4: Would all win versus Detroit proved green Bay is ahead of the schedule or if they just had easy games?
Speaker 2: Well, no, I mean if they win there one thousand percent ahead of schedule, and I you know, the producers wrote the Lions embarrassed Kansas City. They won by one point. The game the Chiefs didn't have their second to third best players. Like, I understand you guys are just trying to irritate me, but you there should be some accuracy. Might as well say, really said that he was embarrassed. He was embarrassed because he's embarrassed every time he loses. The Chiefs were not embarrassed by the Lions. There's a distinction there. There's a distinction thereship embarrassed. I'll getting this is fine, So listen. I I think the Jordan love He has not played quite as well as some of the numbers suggest, but his fourth quarter comeback against the Saints was exemplary, and that Saint Stephen's is legit. This is I think this is gonna be a great game, a great game tonight. The winner of this game should be the favorite to win the division. And in fact, right now, let me I mean, I'm I know Detroit's the favorite to win the division, but I wonder how big of a favorite they are. So I'm gonna look real quick. Hold on, one second, I apologize, I had it up and then I closed it out. So let me just click here. Divisions right now, the NFC North, it's plus one hundred to plus one fifty, so it's pretty damn close. If Green Bay wins this, they become the favorites to win the division. I obviously picked them to win the division. Now there, they've been very banged up, but they get some of those guys back today in you know, for at least limited snaps, and then hopefully they're much more healthy when they play ten days from now after the mini bye. I lean Green Bay in this game. It's not gonna be one of my picks. And speaking of my picks, I want to get to them. We've got it. We've got our gambling show. This is the heart. Listen, this is a hard week. Vegas. Vegas did a did pretty well on these lines this week. I guess they do every week, but almost nothing just jumped out to me. But I found five games I feel really good about. We'll do those next. What's right.
Speaker 5: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roblasts, who defined every xb to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon, MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jerrel Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Panya, and Bobby Canavalli. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: All right, welcome back in in this episode of What's Right when mcgright is brought to you by the McDonald's App. How many times you've been in that situation where you've had a really long day, you're hungry. Last thing you want to do is cook a meal or leave your house to go pick something up. I don't want to exaggerate here. I've been in that situation hundreds of times, and my saving grace often has been the McDelivery option. In the McDonald's app, we're talking about getting McDonald's delivered right to your door, just like this. During the first segment, orders the two breakfast burritos hash Brown's meal. My guy Jake answered it. When the delivery I came to the door and boom, it's right here. The orange juice. I like McDonald's coffee's great, but some I don't know. I've said this before. The minute made McDonald's orange is the best, and now every time you order McDelivery in the McDonald's app earned you points towards free food, and everybody likes free food, so there's always a reason to order in the McDonald's app. Donald McDonald's app Today app participating McDonald's delivery prices may be higher than a restaurant's delivery, and other fees may play. Copyright twenty twenty three, McDonald's All Right, demons, another less than an ideal week for you and I. It was just like week one. You lost your teaser. I went two and three in the picks, so I'm not dead, but it's not great game under five hundred. I also had a team that lost by fifty in my picks. That probably should count as two losses. I had a team laying not eight and a half points that lost by twenty outright, that probably should be two losses. So however, the New England pick was money. The Steelers pick was money. So we went two and three. What are we starting with this week for picks?
Speaker 3: Uh, we're starting off with your picks with.
Speaker 2: Your What is my first pick? You've got Pittsburgh is two and a half at Houston?
Speaker 3: Did you bet?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Exactly. I got Pittsburg matter two and a half. I pick Pittsburgh every week. Here's the thing, I think they're still undervalued. I think Houston right now slightly overvalued because of how good they looked against Jacksonville. But Houston in this game could be on a backup offensive lineman and three third string offensive linemen. Their offensive line has been decimated by injury. With that being the case, going up against this Pittsburgh front, I think CJ. Stroud is gonna have his first really bad game, and so Pickett has not been favored a lot in his career, but he's four and one a straight up and against the spread. As a favorite, He's ten and five in his career against the spread. Now, Tomlin is a far better underdog coach than favorite coach. But it's such a small number, and I think Houston is right now maybe a little overvalued because of the Jags win and those injuries on the old line. I just like Pittsburgh in the spot. I think Pittsburgh's a good team. You guys know, I picked them to win that division. They're still very alive for that. So I like Pittsburgh minus two and a half in this spot. Go ahead.
Speaker 3: Tampa Bay plus three and a half at New Orleans.
Speaker 2: Did it look like you wanted to say something about the Pittsburgh game? Did do you have any.
Speaker 4: Take the Pittsburgh You said it just looked it still looked good for them to win the division.
Speaker 3: I don't think it really looks good.
Speaker 2: Why.
Speaker 3: I mean the record by show otherwise.
Speaker 2: But I think, Oh the Ravens, Oh I forgot your beloved Ravens. Just lost to a backup quarterback, lost to a backup quarterback. Couldn't couldn't move the ball consistently. All of a sudden, Lamar is just running again. There are a lot of concerns about the Ravens. We'll get to them in a second. Tampa plus three and a half at New Orleans. This is I mean, the concern here is is Tampa going to be able to block New Orleans? That is a legit concern. This New Orleans defense is awesome. However, I'm getting Jamis Winston and Dennis Allen as the quarterback coach combo against what I believe to be a good defense. You have Baker, I think, frustrated after the performance against Philadelphia, and Mike Evans probably frustrated after he did have the one amazing catch, but he had some drops where he left some meat on the bone. And this just feels like, in either direction a three point game, And so if I'm getting the three and a half, I really like it. This feels like a twenty to seventeen game in one direction or the other. All the trends seem to like me on this. Winston is eight nineteen and one against the spread in his career, Dennis Allen is one of the worst covering coaches ever thirty nine percent against the spread, and Alan is five twelve and two against spreading divisional games. And the Bucks, who weren't that good last year, swept New Orleans last year. Go ahead, de Monte looks.
Speaker 3: Like Bays Definitely.
Speaker 4: I think Tampa Bay is gonna win that game, by the way, And also I think if New Orleans ends up winning the game, the Jets are going to be really sick.
Speaker 3: That they didn't call Jamis Winston a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 2: Well that listen, that is a great point on the Jameis Winston thing, because now with Carr hurt, Winston's not available, and if they had called him right when Aaron Rodgers got hurt, they probably could have gotten him. I know, I think that is a really good point, and he would have been one of if not my first phone call. All right, what's the next game?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Cleveland minus two and a half versus Baltimore.
Speaker 2: All right, you hate this pick? I know you want to go ahead and tell me why you hate it.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't. I don't. Necessarily I don't. I don't hate it.
Speaker 4: Obviously, if you're gonna bet against Baltimore, I don't love it, but it's it's that's fair. But I think this will be, like I said a couple of days ago, I think this will be a very good test of our strength. We've obviously got a few injuries going on, and Cleveland's got that great defense, so it'll be.
Speaker 2: This good template. Listen, I don't believe in Cleveland's offense at all, but this defense has been unbelievable. They've allowed twenty one first downs all year, They've allowed one touchdown all year. You have a banged up Ravens offensive line and a Ravens running back room that's injured once again, and I just think Cleveland at home is going to be able to beat the hell out of Baltimore, a Baltimore team that's already beaten up. I only have to lay two and a half, so a field goal wins enough. Now, am I afraid of DeShawn Is screwing this up? I absolutely am. But that defense thus far has been the best defense in the NFL by far. Now, part of that is who they've played. I get it. You play an injured Joe Burrow, you play Ryan Tannehill, you play oh, gosh, what's the other Cleveland game? Oh, the Steelers and Kenny Pickett. I understand you're not playing great offenses, but Baltimore right now, their offense is a work in progress. Again, I'm laying less than a field goal, and especially with the fact that Ronnie Stanley and Tyler Lindenbaum are either gonna miss the game or not be one hundred percent, I like Cleveland minus the two and a half, all right.
Speaker 4: Next, we got Kansas City minus nine and a half at the Jets.
Speaker 2: Okay, so the Chiefs are not great at covering big numbers. In the last six times they've been favored by a touchdown or more than one in five against the spread. And I'm pretty sure that the one was last week against Chicago. This is a different type of situation though, because the Jets are not going to be able to score more than ten points. They're just not. So are the Chiefs going to be able to score twenty plus? Obviously, has the Jets defense up to this point been overrated, Yes it has. It is a league average defense or slightly right around league average or worse across the board, rush defense, past defense, total defense, points, all of it. You have a little strife within the team. You have the fact that Kansas City, I think right now what you're going to see is a great defense really putting the Jets in negative field position and in very difficult spots throughout the football game, and the Chiefs being a dominating time of possession, having the ball in Jets territory all night, and even if they don't have a dynamic offensive performance, twenty four points will be more than enough, pardon me, more than enough to cover this spread. And they they scored thirty four points in the first half last week. So I tend not to include the Chiefs and Knicks picks, and I certainly there has not been many times ever that I have included them as big favorites because I know they tend not to cover big lines. They play down to the level of their competition somewhat. This is not one of those spots. It's national television, it's it's Sunday night football, and it's against an opponent that I think is ready to fall apart. So I like the Chiefs laying the nine and a half.
Speaker 4: Do you go with discussing this so like black and white, like this, like this is happening, this is happening. This is this is like a yes, no thing. There's like a fact, not an opinion.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: You got a lot right aga Listen, the Jets. You have the worst quarterback in the league. They have the worst quarterback in the league, and their backup is the worst quarterback to ever make the NFL. So I mean, until Trevor Simion gets activated, they're not going to have a pulse at quarterback. The Chiefs can cover nine and a half if they I honestly think the Jets will not score more. I would the absolute maximum is thirteen. I think they're the likely outcome is ten, and I think there's a chance they don't crack seven. So covering the Chiefs, they have it, there is a possibility that they score. The Chiefs score seventeen points and cover this spread.
Speaker 4: All right, next, all right, you got Seattle plus one and a half at the Giants.
Speaker 2: Okay, So Daniel Jones obviously is a historically bad primetime quarterback in night games. He's five and eight against the spread, one in twelve straight up, zero to five right up in home night games. Now, I do actually think Daniel Jones gonna be able to move the ball. Seattle's defense has not been good. Now they've been banged up, they should be getting healthier. I don't think he's gonna be able to move the ball. But the problem is that Giants defense is not going to be able to slow down what I think is a potent Seattle offense that people just still refuse to believe in because they don't want to believe in Gino. So I'm getting what I believe to be the better team, the far better quarterback, and I'm getting a point and a half. So I mean, twenty one to twenty Giants. Somehow I win. I win with getting this point and a half, but I think Seattle wins outright. I understand that this is probably more of a square bet. I think a lot of the Sharper money's on the Giants, but I am I do not think the Giants defense can stop Seattle. I've been very unimpressed with the Giant defense all year. First game against the Cowboys, second game against the Cardinals. In the first half, they let Josh Dobbs roll all over him, and obviously the Niners did whatever they wanted, even though Purdy was wildly inaccurate in the first half of that game. So I liked the Seattle a lot. Here Seattle plus one and a half. So my five picks for the week Pittsburgh minus two and a half, Tampa getting three and a half, Cleveland minus two and a half, Kansidy laying a big number of nine and a half, and Seattle plus one and a half. All right, now, demons, let's go to your teaser. Last week, your teaser, Like my picks, two of them were just bad. I guess Baltimore wasn't Baltimore the only one that was. No, you're right, you're right. So you had Baltimore Tea's down to minus one and a half. They lost in overtime, so that one wasn't bad. You're correct. You have the Chargers plus six. They won out right, that was good, and then the Jags might as well one and a half, which made you lash out at Trevor Lawrence unfairly. What are you doing for your teaser this week?
Speaker 3: All right? Man?
Speaker 4: This week we got a three team six point teaser at plus one forty.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 4: I don't know what you guys's lines are looking like at home, but mine was Houston plus three. We're teasing them up to plus nine, Green Bay at plus one and a half to plus seven and a half, and then Chicago getting nine and a half from on.
Speaker 2: The screen it says Arizona. But in the dollar you had Chicago. Oh no, no, no, no, so Arizon.
Speaker 4: It is Arizona. That's my mistake. Initially it was Chicago. We took Chicago out. It's Arizona from plus fourteen to twenty.
Speaker 3: I could. I could not pass that one up.
Speaker 2: I had to take that getting a full twenty, yeah, full twenty with Arizona against.
Speaker 4: The game, and if we get a touchdown somehow, we're up twenty eight twenty seven.
Speaker 3: So hey, I like it.
Speaker 2: All right, listen, this is as far as value goes. I'm gonna give this a B plus Houston. The plus three to plus nine is obviously oddly, it's like a better teaser leg if it were plus two and a half, because then you're buying the three and but that's it's fine. Green Bay is a great teaser leg, a great teaser leg. And Arizona you're doing the sharper thing, which is most people when there's a huge spread, they tease down the favorite. You're teasing up the underdog, which I respect. I am a little nervous for you. On the stomach punch loss on Houston. Yeah, and by that I mean Houston is down six, there's twelve seconds left, they're on their own thirty and all of a sudden, it's just Scott Van Pelt would say the pitchy pitchy woo woo lateral play and you and now TJ. Watt is recovering a fumble and walking it into the end zone. I could I could see that coming to screw you for some reason. But I give this a B plus. I think there's some real value there. I think it's sharp. You're not teasing across any zeros. You're getting some key numbers. I like it. I like this for you. By the way, how are are you? How are you making these bets? Because you're not making them with me? And you know what, don't answer this question because California, you can't do it. So don't even answer these questions. If I find out you're doing like late midnight runs to Vegas, I'm gonna be partially proud and partially concerned. But I'm sure you've got I'm sure you've got someone else. Okay, all right, good for you.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: What are we doing this week? For the offer?
Speaker 4: So we're headed back to the casino this week. You've you've only went one for three on slots last week, so let's hit the tah last week.
Speaker 2: By the way, though, on the player prop, I initially said, Jimmy g to throw a pick. We couldn't find the odds on it in time, so I didn't do it. He threw three and then I landed on Isaiah Pacheco anytime touchdown and he scored the other ones. I did not win, but I did very profitable thus far at the casino for the offer. Go ahead.
Speaker 4: Uh, so we're gonna play parlay poker today. Your goal is to pick a hand that you're going all in on. Also known as a parlay out of the cards, out of the cards dealt. So I'm pretty sure I'm going to show a graphic up here for those watching on YouTube here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so this's like video poker, all right. So my hand that I have been dealt is the Chiefs money line and the Niners money line at minus four ten and plus nine fifty. Okay, all right, go ahead, and now what do we have? The flop as they've put it up, there is Dak plus two and a half touchdowns at plus one forty, a Field's interception at minus one thirty, Miami over twenty six and a half at minus one ten. I gotta be honest, I don't like any of those Dak over two and a half touchdowns against the Patriots defense. I don't like Fields to throw a pick. I don't know how often he's gonna throw the ball against Denver, and I'm laying negative juice and Miami over twenty six and a half feels like I almost like the the under more in that spot, but I would stay away, all right. The turn is the prince that was promised over two hundred and forty two point five rushing yards or passing yards pardon me. I really like that one, so we'll do that. And then because the Trevor Lawrence in London, back on his home turf, you know, in the Sunday morning game by the way to Montay. Are you gonna get up at for six thirty in the morning, la time to watch that Trevor Lawrence game. Probably not.
Speaker 3: It's got no reason to watch Trevor Lawrence at six in.
Speaker 2: The morning, Okay, all right? And then the last one Baltimore minus six and a half at plus two seventy five. I'm obviously not doing that because I took Cleveland minus two and a half. So here's the deal. There's only three. I like the Chief's money line, the Niners money line, and the prints over two hundred and forty two hundred and forty two passing yards. That's it. That plays that pays plus one point fifty seven. I like that. The Niners are not gonna lose, the Chiefs are not gonna lose. So I'm really getting plus nearly one sixty odds on is Trevor going to throw for you know, at least two hundred and forty five yards in the early Sunday morning game live from London against the Atlanta Falcons. I like that. I like that a lot. We're gonna go ahead and take that. We will answer your questions in the chat next. What's right? All right, welcome back in Demon's I gotta get to the TV show. So let's just pick a couple of these questions. Start with Vincent's question up top, Let's go there.
Speaker 4: Vincent Pennsylvan Pensyvan asked, what makes this team better than the Brooklyn Big Three? Milwaukee just lost their best guard defender. I understand the move, but I'm just not but it's just not a home run as everyone else thinks it is.
Speaker 2: Okay, so a million things different than the Brooklyn Big Three. One is Milwaukee has proof of concept that they can win with a team built around Giannis. Brooklyn had no roof of concept. Durant had won, but Durant had only won in Golden State, so that's first of all. Second of all, Yiannis is better than any player Brooklyn had. Durant's awesome Giannis is better. Third of all, Dame is a far more reliable and dependable player than Kyrie Irving, so it and the idea comparing the two to me is ignores what Kyrie has been over the better part of the last decade versus what Dame has been over the better part of the last decade. And you're not microwaving chemistry all of a sudden between all these different hardened Kyrie Durant guys who had never been together. It's just you're just adding one piece. And Damian Lillard. Now, there is obviously question about the new head coach, Adrian Griffin, like there were questions about Nash, but the odds are I mean, he would Nash was in over his head immediately. That the hope is and the belief is Griffin won't be And Terry Statts is there who coached Dame for damn near a decade on the bench store that to me is not concerned significantly. All right, let's do Herbie Husker Demonsey Herbie Husker thirteen.
Speaker 4: With all the talk about TUA, what sort of performance will be needed from Mahomes this year to.
Speaker 3: Be respected as MVP? Oh repeat it as MVP, sir.
Speaker 2: Well, it's just very very early, guys. We're three weeks in and I would just like to remind the audience and again, I think that the Dolphins have been awesome, and I think Twuoa has been awesome, but it does weren't mentioning that last year. And this is what is so surprising to me. Last year, TUA in Week two had a six touchdown game. TUA last year through three weeks the team was three and zero with victories over New England, who was coming off the playoffs, Baltimore and Buffalo, and two add eight touchdowns, two picks in a one to eighteen rating, and people were like, I think two is the MVB. And now last year obviously he got hurt which derailed it, but there's just a long long ways to go. Also, be very ready for people if Miami loses this game, because there is nothing the media likes more than just consistently putting the cart before the horse on Josh Allen, be ready for the Josh Allen MVP talk to get going. And if the Niners annihilate the Cardinals, get ready for someone around Wednesday of next week to say this, hey guys, why isn't brock Purty getting more in the MVP discussion. But it's a long season, so the I'm not that interested in the MVP stuff right now. Mahomes will obviously be in it in the discussion all year long, and I think on Sunday Night football, when he lights up the Jets, he'll be in He'll be in really strong position. As the calendar gets ready to turn to October. All right, we got a run. Demon's say, great job. Enjoy this weekend. I'm gonna call you repeatedly. I might even do that little thing where I make your phone start pinging like you lost it right when the Jags game kicks off to wake you up Sunday morning.
Speaker 3: You get that'd actually be really rude to you to do.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna well, I guess we'll wait and see. Talk to you guys on TV today at three o'clock. What's right, cho