Speaker 1: NFL Game Deview is a production of the NFL in partnership with iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Everybody Welcome to game debut, delivered by Little Caesars, the official pizza up Super Bowl fifty eight. Patrick claiboun here with Greg Rose, Withal and Cynthia Freeland. As we wrapped up the regular season picks and Greg won the contest. But it's a whole new season, okay, so nets look at the standings, disregard the lesson.
Speaker 3: Okay, I like because we.
Speaker 2: Got dual crowns Cynthia and Greg bothfore and Tula.
Speaker 4: We're actually missing the real winner. Who is your son? That's Walker went one to Oh.
Speaker 3: Jess, Walker is one and O I would not have picked the Texans with Adhams. Here is the reason.
Speaker 4: I'm up winner and happy belated again Walker.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Walker made it.
Speaker 2: Congratulations because you're Houston Texans and the Ravens kick off the divisional round. These teams have met way back in week won the first ever game for the number two overall pick. This is his first career pass. He took it to him. Well, if you don't support yourself, who will?
Speaker 3: And this is the game I watched in the very first window, my number one draft pick of games and now here it is the divisional round right there.
Speaker 2: You go, there it is, and you'll always remember CJ. Shroud's first completion. Also playing in his first game was Zay Flowers, the twenty second overall pickout of where.
Speaker 4: Cynthia Boston College.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he got twenty one yards there.
Speaker 2: He's also first game for Todd Munkin, who saved me because you know, I like to change at that point.
Speaker 5: JK. Dobbins fourth year out of Ohio State. So glad to have JK. Dobbins back.
Speaker 2: It did not last long because on this catch in the red zone he tore his achilles was out. For the remainder of the season. It would be Justice Hill and Gus Edwards. For the rest of the year. It was Justice Hill on the very next play got a two yard touchdown. The Ravens led fifteen to six after getting a two point attempt fourth quarter, Now Texans trailing twenty two to nine.
Speaker 5: CJ.
Speaker 2: Stroud looking for a promising first game comeback win. It did not work because David Ojabo we didn't see a lot of the rest of the season, strip sacked him. Michael Pierce recovered it a Jabo.
Speaker 5: Coming off that Achilles tear CJ.
Speaker 2: Strout finished with twenty three of thirty eight passing two hundred and nine.
Speaker 3: Yards had some times though.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the rest of US rookie season was underwhelming. Just kidding.
Speaker 2: It was one of the best that we've ever seen. The Texans in Ravens square off Saturday afternoon in Baltimore. Raven's looking to get back to the AFC Championship for the first time since twenty twelve.
Speaker 5: Do they do it? Grick?
Speaker 3: I think they do. I'm not going with the Texans again, even though they did me well. I don't even have them staying within nine and a half. I have the Ravens winning twenty eight to seventeen. I think the mismatch is when Lamar Jackson and this Ravens offense has the ball. I think you need to be a special defense right now to stop them. I don't think the Texans are there, and it's because of the way Lamar finished the season. All these highlights were seeing weeks fifteen to seventeen. It's when the offense fully came together. If you take away the short pass, he'll go along. You take away the deep stuff, he can go over the middle now more than he did in the past. Even and you've got likely, You've got Justice Hill. I know Mark Andrews isn't there. You have Odell Beckham in the red zone, especially when you get near the goal line. They have so many different answers. They're still one of the most effective running teams in the league. I haven't even gotten to Lamar Jackson running the ball himself. So whether it's in structure or out of rhythm, they always find answers. And I think the Texans defense is very good. I don't think they can mix it up enough for four quarters to keep this Ravens offense down.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm going to thread the news. Oh go for it, a nice little here we go. Twenty six to nineteen. Is my score? Just a one touchdown win for the Ravens. I want to point out something I saw in this last week's matchup for CJ. Stroud, because we remember the Browns defense, especially their passing defense, in many metrics, were the very very best in football. And I was watching and you know how much separation all of the receivers had lots a lot, like a whole bunch. If you're gonna man me up I'm just gonna have Nico Collins run across the back of the formation and you know, tip it off to my quarterback, who, by the way, we know he's accurate. We've been talking about that since Ohio State, ladies and gentlemen. So if you're talking about an opportunity here to take advantage of the fact that Marlon Humphrey isn't playing, there are down some pieces, you know, in that secondary. I think this is where you'll see the Texans keep it close. CJ. Stroud, He's gonna be your O Roy and then of course Lamari you'r MVP. So I think a nice seven point win seems about right.
Speaker 5: Nine points feels overly optimistic to me. Surprise, surprise, I'm taking the Baltimore Ravens. Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, I think the defense makes place, especially justin Mattabek coming through making plays in the game. But again, as Greg mentioned, the Houston Texans run defense is not what the Texans would have liked to have had, and I think that stresses things. So the point that the Ravens receivers will make plays, and it's something that's been building up for years where they've needed more out of this group and they get Zay Flowers in the draft, Odell Beckham Junior comes through Nelson haigilar I.
Speaker 5: Can make plays as well.
Speaker 2: The Texans are going to have to devote so much attention to Lamar and the run game.
Speaker 5: Isaiah likely. I think that there will be space.
Speaker 2: We saw, especially in those Browns highlights all the free releases for the Houston Texans receivers. I think Baltimore's receivers have a lot of opportunity and this group can take advantage of that. So we're all on the Baltimore Ravens meme away. But let's play this guy or that guy in this round here.
Speaker 5: Greg c J.
Speaker 2: Strout tossed three touchdowns last week. Lamar threw five the last time we saw him. Which quarterback is more likely to throw multiple passing touchdowns, Lamar or c J.
Speaker 3: Stree? Well, you know, I gotta go with Lamar Jackson, the MVP of the league the season. We've waited forever from him, because it doesn't have to just be about their running game. It's all those weapons that I talked about, and I think the Texans run defense, which has been really good in parts of this season, is going to be so focused on stopping him, that there will be available receivers. Rashad Bateman quietly had his best game of the season in Week seventeen before they started resting guys, and again, it's more options, they're gonna score more points. You think about this team as a defensive team, but one of the best offense in the league, one of the best red zone teams in the league, despite having sixty eight trips to the red zone. They're there all the time and they capitalize, all.
Speaker 2: Right, Sothia, Nico Collins and Zay Flowers both lead their teams and receiving. Who's more likely to have over five catches on Saturday?
Speaker 4: To me, this is Nico Collins. Not because I'm not liking Zay Flowers or something crazy like that, but there's just too many options there. Isaiah likely there, Odell Beckham Junior is there. There's just different ways that they can be while Nico Collins seems to be the primary focus for CJ. Stroud in this offense. So I like the opportunity here for both of them to have five, but I think the more likely one to have over five is going to be Nico Collins.
Speaker 5: All right, I'll take the last one.
Speaker 2: Who's more likely to have over thirty five receiving yards, Dalton Schultz or Odell Beckham Junior. I will take Odell here because I think they're both getting thirty five yards, especially with the attention that's going to go to Ni Collins for Houston. But I think the attention to the Ravens run game leaves Houston vulnerable.
Speaker 5: In the run pass option game. We see Odell.
Speaker 2: I think he gets you sixty yards, so thirty five should not be a problem.
Speaker 5: From OBJ coming up. Beating the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: In Dallas has Jordan Love firmly in Aaron Rodgers footprints. But can he do something twelve never could keep the forty nine Ers in the playoffs.
Speaker 5: Our picks for that game in the NFC coming up next week.
Speaker 3: I'm watching and he's getting annoyed at this compared.
Speaker 6: He's like, I'm gonna say something crazy.
Speaker 5: It's time for pizza.
Speaker 2: Pizza pregame predictions delivered by Little Caesars, the Official Pizza Super Bowl. Fifty eight Packers and forty nine Ers meeting for the tenth time in the playoffs. San Francisco has won four in a row, but Jordan Love and the Packers are on a roll.
Speaker 5: What happens this week.
Speaker 3: I think the role continues for the offense, but the defense turns back into the Joe Berry defense and the forty nine ers score enough to win thirty three to twenty nine. So I'm threading that needl way under nine points. But the reason the offense can get it done for San Francisco not just CMC, but also the passing game with Brandon Ayuk. No matter how good you think Brandon Ayuk is, he's better. He is just a ridiculous receiver, maybe the most efficient receiver in the league. Second in the league in completions over ten yards, in terms of yardage, in terms of efficiency. Basically, he's the second best deep receiver in the league to Tyreek Hill. Like this combination between him and Purty are excellent. The last three years, he's eighth in the league in yards over expected after the catch. So he can do it at the catch point, you can do it after the catch. He can get open. He doesn't need to get one hundred and seventy yards every week because he's got Debo, he's got Kittle. But he is that good. He is as good as valuable as those two guys and I have a feeling this week against a thin Packers secondary, he gets it done. I love that.
Speaker 4: I actually think brand Yok's really good. So I'm just trying to decide how good I think he is now. But whatever better better than even better than that? Okay, Well, I have twenty seven to twenty one in this matchup for San Francisco, so I too am threading the needle here. But I want to talk about how Jordan Love has accomplished what he's done. He's been well protected. You look against what happened when teams have flitzed him, which obviously the Niners they rush for a lot. They don't blitz a ton, however, But when he has face the blitz, what's he done? Since Week nine? Oh, just had the most passing yards in the league and forty two if you're keeping track at home. That does include last week as well. But I think that all of the different ways that San Francisco can try to pressure you, I do know that coach Lafleur has an answer for many of them. That will he be able to keep that going for the entire game? I don't think so. I kind of agree with you. I think it's actually the Packers' defense that lets them down. But I want to give some love to Jordan Love because that was really incredible. And also the coach working with the O line, working with the run game, where all these things working together is really amazing. And the fact that they had three quarterbacks in a row that now, look, this guy just seems like it's a cheat code. Are you cheating? What's going on?
Speaker 2: I also have d forty nine Ers winning twenty four to nineteen, but.
Speaker 5: I want to distribute some love as well, and not just to the quarterback.
Speaker 2: But I think the reason that they've been on this run, it's Aaron Jones.
Speaker 5: Aaron Jones since.
Speaker 2: Week sixteen has had five hundred and thirty seven rushing yards for his career. He's over one hundred and twenty five yards from scrimmage against the forty nine ers. And this comes on the heels of two years of people saying, hey, well, you know it's time to get rid of Aaron Jones. We can't invest in the running back position. He's one of the best players on the team. We saw him make an incredible blitz pick up against Micah Parsons for a touchdown. What more do you want from Aaron Jones, maybe he could play some defense.
Speaker 5: Meme away meame away.
Speaker 2: We are all on the San Francisco forty nine Ers, but again both and I chose Packers players to highlight.
Speaker 5: We think the Packers are.
Speaker 2: Good, we just don't think they're better than the Niners in Santa Clara. So not only do we all like the Niners this week, but Cyndia's model has them as big time favorite. Rude almost fifty percent to win the NFC Cynthia.
Speaker 4: Forty nine Ers forty nine percent. Oh, conspiracy theorists, you can better gather around. This discrepancy between number one and number two is the largest that I've done since I've been coding in this way, which is like ten seasons now. So you're welcome the Cowboys fans. I'm sorry you gave all your love to the Niners.
Speaker 5: It all works out in the end. Somebody's going to be one hundred percent eventually.
Speaker 2: Let's talk more or less exactly player props for the Packers and forty nine Ers. Jordan Love had three passing touchdowns against the Cowboys last week.
Speaker 5: We'll we have more or less than one and a half this week.
Speaker 3: More uh sneaky fact about this forty nine Ers defense. It's not as good as you remember. It's still very good, but they can get got sometimes. And one of the things I like about this match of four, Jordan Love is tar various words, very often takes away the opposing team's best receiver. But there's so many best receivers on the Packers that there's room for all the secondary guys to step up. And Jordan Love is playing like a top five quarterback right now. I'd take them over just about anyone in terms of the level he's at, including the opposition. Brock Purty, come at me, brock Purty supporters, I think he's busy.
Speaker 2: Frock's a little busy today, all right, He'll be busy handing the ball off to Christian McCaffrey. Will see himc have one hundred and twenty six yards from scrimmage.
Speaker 4: The pillow says more, and so does the math. Why because if you look at the most vulnerable part of this Packers defense since week thirteen, they've allowed nine point three percent of passes to the middle third of the field to be completed over expected. That's the largest in the NFL over that time span. That is where Christian McCaffrey catches those passes and also where he likes to run the football, So it just doesn't bode well for that area of the defense.
Speaker 3: I feel like rest was in important for this team, especially, but more than anyone. Christian McCaffrey was a little banged up, and I just if he.
Speaker 4: Was liked percent of snaps right.
Speaker 3: If he was this good, you know, week after week after week with two weeks of rest, he might go two hundred and twenty six yards.
Speaker 2: One thing that Cynthia loves to say is sometimes Kyle Shanahan will say some necessarily remember before the season, it was like, hey, you know, forty nine ers may not give the ball. He led the league carries and rushing. Did seem see I'll take Deebo Samuel. Will he have more or less than fifty eight receiving yards against the Packers. I'm gonna say Deebo has mode more despite the fact that he's played the.
Speaker 5: Packers in January twice in his career.
Speaker 2: He's never had more than fifty eight receiving yards, but he also ran for forty yards a game in those two wins. This time, he has a better quarterback and again the best running back in the NFL now, I think Christian McCaffrey gets some of those carries, more opportunity for Debo in the passing game, and more on brock Perty's.
Speaker 5: Passing totals coming up later on in the show.
Speaker 2: Coming up, the Lions haven't made the NFC Championship.
Speaker 5: It's always thirty year.
Speaker 3: Now it's a new new stat that they haven't done. And I guess that's what happened.
Speaker 5: Well, Jared Goff have Cynthia in Detroit.
Speaker 2: Fans popping bottles on Sunday are picks for Bucks Lions right.
Speaker 5: After this break.
Speaker 2: Back on game deview before this playoff matchup in Week six, Let's go back Jared Goff against Baker Mayfield. The Bucks were coming off there by. They were leading the NFC South in the first quarter, first and ten at their own eight and Mayfield's passes tipped by Isaiah bugs Will Harris picks it off. They party in the end zone. They kick a field goal. After that they lead three to nothing. Second quarter, game tied at three. Jared Goff looking to David Montgomery on a screen pass.
Speaker 5: He gets nineteen yards.
Speaker 2: Problem is Shack Barrett lands directly on top of him. He would stay down after the play. There was no Jamier.
Speaker 5: Gibbs, he was out that day. He was looking on.
Speaker 2: So it would have to be Craig Reynolds for the remainder because Montgomery would not return with a rib injury. Seven plays later, Jared Goff hits Aman Ross, Saint Brown evades tacklers, and we mentioned Craig Reynolds. He blocks like three people there and Saint Brown gets in the end zone. He finished that play with a touchdown, finished the game with twelve catches, a career high for him. Another look at Craig Reynolds taking out the entire Bucks team.
Speaker 5: The Lions led ten to three after that third quarter, now lines up ten to six. Third and ten, Todd Bowles.
Speaker 2: Blitzes Jared Goff's Like I Got You hits Jamison Williams for.
Speaker 5: The forty five yard touchdown.
Speaker 2: After Jamo finally finds the ball, He's like, where is it?
Speaker 5: What it is?
Speaker 4: His mouthguard isn't it either?
Speaker 3: The whole idea of like you Gotta Blitz Jared Goff make him feel uncomfortable. His numbers against the Blitz this season are fantastic. Blitz at your own peril. He got God Bowls.
Speaker 2: He has three fifty three and two touchdowns, leading us to winning moves presented by Into It Turbo Attacks. The Bucks in the Lines meet again Sunday with a trip to the NFC Championship On the line, Deep Breath Cynthia Baker Mayfield against Golf, a battle of former number one overall picks.
Speaker 5: Does your team come out.
Speaker 4: On top by four points twenty six twenty two? That's what the math says. I'm very scared. Why because when I went back and watched the Bucks game from last week, I saw Yack, I saw lots of Yak. I saw Mike Evans with Yak. I saw Kate aught and with you. I saw a lot of yards after the catch, which is an area that the Lions need to shore up. Dj CJ please come to my rescue. I'm very worried about some of these one on one matchups. And by the way that you went to we're going back to conspiracy theories. The tight end coach from the Bucks is from Okamus, Michigan. It scares me very.
Speaker 3: Much, ridiculous.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you none of that stuff matters, but the math. Listen, I'll go with the math on here. Four points. I'm gonna be there.
Speaker 3: I'm very Kada and highlights. This is the first Divisional round game in thirty years. You're gonna be there and we're watching Kada and highlights during the Lions win prediction. Come on, yes, this is ridiculous. If you're not gonna talk about the Lions, I'm gonna talk about Lions, and I'm gonna have them win by more than four and a half points. There were six and a half points, ten mint. I blew it and you should be crowing. You had prime number named Dan and now you.
Speaker 4: Gotta get a dog named Dan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you promised you would name your second dog Dan.
Speaker 4: I know Hel's on board too.
Speaker 3: I have more faith in them now though, because this is the matchup you want. I think points are going to be a plenty, and I think the Lions defense will be sneaky good, good enough in this matchup. So Ali McNeil returned from injury a couple of weeks ago. He's made a difference. Garter Johnson you mentioned, is out there. He's made a difference. They actually activated James Houston for this matchup. And you have a really good defensive coordinator in Aaron Glenn who I think get even better in the playoffs. They threw some things at the Rams that yes, they ended up moving the ball well, but they could not get it done in the red zone. And Baker Mayfield, we're seeing some of his struggles from Week six. He's had about five or six games this year where he's been fantastic. He's also had five or six games this year where he's not been good at all, where he's been the old Baker Mayfield. I promise I watched those games. One of them was against the Lions. That's gonna happen again, Cynthia.
Speaker 4: All I have to say is keep your grubby paws off my coordinators. Whoa Ben stay, Aaron stay. I'll get them marketing deals. I'll tell Little Caesars that they need to be in commercials.
Speaker 3: I mean, she's come on, scared, she's getting possessive of It's a lot right now.
Speaker 4: Grubby paws off my coordinator.
Speaker 2: It's passion and when it means something, you know you try hard. And that's why some people think CJ. Gardner Johnson is going to make Baker Mayfield trying hard. And what I think was actually a compliment for Baker because he said, if you give him a good quarterback, the guys are great. And then he said the guys were great, which would mean that anyway. I've got the Lions in this one as well. Twenty seven to ten to twenty three because the first time these two teams played a Week six, I'm on Ross Saint Brown had fifteen targets fifteen all week long. Been dissecting the eagles lack of a plan against the Blitz. But Ben Johnson and Jared Goff have seen it all. They had those two games against the Flores Vikings, we saw them play against the Buccaneers. The personnel isn't the same, but the sun god arises this weekend. Twenty seven, twenty three Lions. Yes, we all believe. Wow, every single one of us. Wow, even if a couple of us didn't last week. Catch it all with the NFL Plus stream the NFL playoffs and Super Bowl fifty eight on phone or tablet Plus. Stay connected throughout the offseason with special content of the NFL Scouting Combine, NFL Draft and more. Go to Plus dot NFL dot com and sign up today.
Speaker 5: Tom for quick picks.
Speaker 2: Let's take a look at all the games this weekend starting with the quarterback we think will pass for the most yards, and you like Jared Goff here, Cynthia, I do.
Speaker 4: The indoor cat is going to indoor cat it up. I think this is a high scoring game. I think this is an opportunity for Amanase Brown to be a target quite a bit. And I also think you don't run against this Todd Bulesy defense. So just go with the thing that makes the most sense, and that is Jared Goff throwing the ball behind this awesome O line. And by the way, the decibels at Ford Field last week were over one hundred and thirty three. I think like let's go for Hopefully Jared Goff's passer rating is right around there as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I know we got to respect the Bucks in all, but it's a divisional round game and you get to play against the team that should have probably lost to the Panthers two weeks ago. That's a good matchup. That's a good match stop.
Speaker 2: No, I think the Brock Party is gonna throw a lot of those short passes that are going to turn into some long games. Let's look at the running backs. Though I'm the only one not picking Christian McCaffrey.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and that's because I think you're wrong.
Speaker 2: As previously stated by the very astute, very knowledgeable Cynthia Freeland, it doesn't take much for Jamiir Gibbs to break a long one. And I think if if the blitz is going the wrong direction, if they if they bite too much on play action, it just takes a handful of carrys for the home run hitter to hit a home run. We haven't seen it yet in the playoffs. I think Jamiir Gribbs is gonna have a couple against the Buccaneers.
Speaker 3: I just I yes, I hope so are we only are we getting more Jamiir Gibbs later, We'll have to find out and write this down. The one thing that worries me though he only had nineteen snaps last week, It's like, what was that all about? Get him out there a little more.
Speaker 2: Detroit has a lead, maybe, you know, thanks starta let's get Cynthia fired up and Greg. Absolutely no common ground between the three of us on who will have the most receiving yards.
Speaker 5: But you were going with the Packers rookie.
Speaker 3: Ye, yeah, I know, let's go totally off the board. Jaden Reid gets it done this week. You want to know why because he had no yards last week. Somehow the leader and their receptions for the season. And I do like the matchup over the middle of the field. I think that's where you can get at San Francisco. Yes, the linebackers are great, but I'm talking about the safeties the way that they can use them. You just never know what's gonna happen with this Packers team. Who's gonna step up? And so it's gonna be Jaden Reid from my guy Jordan Love Patrick.
Speaker 4: You took ayukraight? Yeah, okay, So which is funny because didn't Craig just get finished telling us that as good as we think, you get better.
Speaker 5: I think that Brandon Ayuk is the best in the league this weekend. So how can it be better? Greg? How can it be better?
Speaker 3: I'm stuck because Jordan is gonna have to throw sixty five fastes because Joe Berry's defense keeps up sixty five points.
Speaker 2: There It is a score fests, maybe a little Temple Bill God Baha.
Speaker 5: The Chiefs and the Bills.
Speaker 2: Patrick mahomes three and two in his career against Josh Allen, including the playoffs, but the Chiefs came in, losing three on their last five despite Taylor being in attendance. Josh Allen thirty three total touchdowns this season, fourteen and two in December since twenty twenty. And that's why he's like, I got a December win record to hold up. Pile drives his way into the en zone for get off me six yards. Theory flexes Bill's lead fourteen to ten. But here comes KC. Mahomes looks short to Cadarius Tony and Cadarius Tony drops it. And that's the only mistake he would make in this game.
Speaker 3: It's not true.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's that's not true. He took his eyes off the ball.
Speaker 2: Chiefs league leading thirty third drop but not dropping one was the rookie Rahi Raye's four yard touchdown.
Speaker 5: Chiefs cut the lead to three.
Speaker 2: Mahomes finished twenty five of forty three two seventy one and that touchdown.
Speaker 5: Fourth quarter. Now it's tied at seventeen.
Speaker 2: Josh Allen can't find anyone and he's sacked by George car Loftus.
Speaker 5: They lose four yards, but there is.
Speaker 2: A flag on the play. It's a legal contact. Good call, Rank says it's a good call.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm curious if Carloftis is a big factor in this game against this good O line.
Speaker 2: So they get a first down in a field goal. But here come the Chiefs. Patrick Mahomes hits Travis Kelcey, who sees out of the corner of his eye Caadarius Tony in the wild card that is, Travis Kelcey makes one of the greatest players of all Remember it forever because.
Speaker 5: It didn't count.
Speaker 2: Kadarius Tony was lined up off sides and then offensive off sides was called excessively for the next couple of weeks. Unfortunately, that scourge is over. But also that game was over as Patrick Mahomes was upset at the call. And they're now tied all time, three and three, crazy and the rubber matches. The Chiefs head to Buffalo for a rematch Sunday night. Patrick mahomes first true road playoff game gave Davis, Christian Benford, Taylor Rapp already ruled out for the Bills. Cynthia, do you think they win despite that?
Speaker 4: Well, I did a bunch of Matthia, and we're getting to the tipping point here, so it could switch on Sunday, But twenty four to twenty three bills is what I have right now. If they lose many more players, it could flip. I have twenty five to twenty three if that should be the case. If we see some of these guys who are on the potential question list or whatever, I don't know, they're not doubtful, they're limited or whatever. If they don't play, that's going to be a big problem. I do want to talk about Josh Allen though, and Josh Allen's legs. I don't know if you guys know this, but I love the movie Pitch Perfect, and nobody talks about the fact that Josh Allen is dating the girl from that Hailey Steinfeld. Really we only talk about out the other one dated anyway.
Speaker 3: So I just want I just want to see you not showing up, show up on Sunday. Let's go hey, because they.
Speaker 4: Just don't put on the screen as much, right so maybe we should get like a little a cappella going anyway, Long story short, Josh Allen's ability to run is being game changing if you look at what's happened since Joe Brady took over and they had their by he said at least two designed runs in each game except their blowout win over the Cowboys, so that has been a difference maker. And none more sticks out than that fifty two yarder last week, which happens to be like the longest in Bill's history, second longest in playoff history. Just absolutely decimates you with this. Likes.
Speaker 3: I gotta admit, like my head, my heart are in different places with this. It's like it's it's hard to pick against Patrick Mahomes and one of the best defense in the league, certainly the best defense he's ever had in yet I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna pick the Bills. I believe in you. I've said all season they're gonna respond from this six and six and maybe go all the way. And it's because of that support Josh Allen's getting not just from Haley style Seinfeld, but from Khalil Shakir and from Cooks and from Dalton Kincaide and the offensive line. And it's interesting, We've always wanted to see like Patrick Mahomes with it with a better defense and maybe a better offensive line, and he has that now, and he doesn't have the weapons, and now Josh Allen is the one with a good offensive line and the weapons, and so even if Stefan Diggs gets taken out of this game a little bit, and he did the first time they played against le Jerius. See, we have seen that the secondary players and I know Gabe Davis isn't there, but Shakir and Cook and just this whole group is really coming together. And I think the offensive line cannot be lost in this because the Chiefs have a very good defensive line. That's where they win up front. And I think the Bills, who have been very healthy upfront all season, give Josh Allen the protection the blocking they need, and he goes hero mode and he gets to win twenty three to.
Speaker 5: Twenty goes hero mode.
Speaker 2: And I guys, there are some certainties in sports, especially in sports discussion. If you haven't done something before, then in sports discussion that means you can never.
Speaker 5: Possibly do it.
Speaker 2: And Patrick Mahomes has never won a true road playoff game because they're so good and they end up playing at home and they end up winning. I've got the Chiefs winning here in Buffalo. This is a twenty seven to twenty six win because it's just too much. Bill's no Christian Benford No Taylor, rapt Rel, Bernard Razul, Douglas's gonna be game time decisions during the Bills win streak. I don't want to show these guys getting hurt. I want to show the plays that all of these guys have made because Buffalo, as Greg pointed out, as Cynthia pointed out, the odds were not in their favor, but they just kept doing it week after week after week. Football is not fair, and these guys got hurt at the absolute wrong time. It's a short game because of the snow. It's just everything has worked against them. I've got to take Patrick.
Speaker 5: Mahomes and the Chiefs to win in Buffalo by a point. It's time for this guy or that guy.
Speaker 2: Mahomes had one touchdown last week, Josh Allen toss three. Who's more likely for multiple scores through the air.
Speaker 3: Greg, I'm gonna Mahomes, and it's difficult to say either. It was more likely when Josh Allen is the guy who scores to such on week after week after week. So I think they both can go over. But to me, Mahomes is a better pick in this one because he's more likely to be throwing the ball where Josh Allen liking that first matchup could be running in for a touchdown, and that first matchup is the game where we really saw their offense consolidate. That it's all Kelsey and all RACEI Rice. It was the same last week. They're getting all the targets. That's all you need, really, Raci, Rice, Travis Kelce, Patrick Mahomes is the guy.
Speaker 4: If you had to say which one's more likely or is both the most likely? Which one would you pick of those three options, I'd go.
Speaker 3: Both because I just like touchdowns and I like sports.
Speaker 2: We're also fans of touchdowns and sports. Spoiler alert on this Sheldon.
Speaker 4: Great quarterback to run touchdowns and sports.
Speaker 2: Run for more than sixty two yards. Isaiah Pacheco or James Cook.
Speaker 4: So I have James Cook in this matchup, partly because of the weather, and also you got to keep Josh Allen from the situation where things get dicey and you're looking for your second third read without Gabe Davis, there are some of those deeper question marks. So for me, run the ball, leverage the opportunity to take James Cook on early downs and make him effective. That to me just feels like just run right behind Spencer Brown. He's like seventy five feet tall and he's a right tackle. Run right behind him. He is the best run blocker of any alignment this year so far.
Speaker 3: So do that I hate to get out like old school football, but it does feel like which team can run the ball here, and more than like which offensive coordinator can take the gamble that the other opposing coach is gonna give him, They're gonna dare them to run. Steve Spagnola did that the first time around, and the Bills kind of took that bet and they did run the ball well. Andy Reid in big spots, Willy actually stick to the run easily, doesn't.
Speaker 5: We've seen things go either way. As we all feel this game could last.
Speaker 2: One more likely to score a touchdown For me, I'll Rashive Rice or Stefan Diggs. Really, I'm picking which defense is most likely to prevent the other guy from scoring the touchdown. And I think Rashi Rice going up against this injured Bills secondary and team, because remember those linebackers having to cover Rashi Rice running all of these crossers over and over again, so much action in the backfield, and the Andy Reid offense, I think Rashi Rice makes his way into the end zone, but still looking forward to the game.
Speaker 4: I just like sports sports.
Speaker 3: This is the perfect last game like this is how the hard.
Speaker 5: Let's look at some over unders for the Divisional round.
Speaker 2: According to fan Duel, the Packers and the forty nine Ers have the highest number at fifty and a half. Right behind them the Bucks, the Lions, then the Chiefs, Bills, Texans, Ravens rounding things out. So let's talk about some of these matchups here in the divisional round as we get to over under and what we think. Starting with the Texans and Ravens at forty three and a half, I don't think forty three and a half is enough points.
Speaker 5: I've got the over here, especially.
Speaker 2: Because I think Baltimore gets you twenty six easy get for the Texans to clear that I've got the open.
Speaker 3: I do as well. I'm going over. They made these hands just for me, number one, and the picks we're number one, thank you. These two teams are more explosive than you realize. A lot of big plays from the Texans so that short drives, long touchdowns. Ravens can do the same. We're going over.
Speaker 4: I just think that in order for CJ. Stroud and this Texans offense to have a chance against the Ravens, they gotta go big play right away, just like we saw with Nico Collins two games ago.
Speaker 3: Oba.
Speaker 5: All Right, the highest.
Speaker 2: Total and maybe the most for us to kind of contend with here the Packers and the forty nine ers fifty.
Speaker 3: And a half.
Speaker 2: I think that's a lot of points and I'm going to take the under and less things get super out of hand. I think late after the forty nine Ers get ahead to the lead, they ice the ball, they run the ball, and the Packers forced to throw over and over again turnovers.
Speaker 5: I don't think it happened.
Speaker 3: See, you're wrong, Patrick, because we live in an offensive world. In a defensive league, all the numbers say these are the top two quarterbacks, and basically every stat in the second half of the season the best two quarterbacks numbers wise, going against each other, we're going way over.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna get defensive here with you, and I have forty eight total points in this matchup. I actually think we saw a buster, a tendency buster from the Packers last week, playing a lot more zone than we had seen, and I think they'll try to create some sort of nonsense this.
Speaker 2: Week too, Oh we love nonsense. Are the Bucks and the Lions total again kind of high? Forty eight point five. I don't think that's high enough because I believe in Jared Golf, I believe in the Lions, and I think the lines will make several big plays in this game. The Bucks will have to score some points late to keep up. I think that gets you north. I got fifty points in this week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have fifty as well, the same and so I'm just over. And the reason why this game is different than the other three this week, and something Todd Bowles pointed out this week, the plans up the game is indoors, and so there's been a lot of controversy. Is it indoors? Is it outdoors? It is going to be indoors. Points indoors, you know, news alert.
Speaker 4: The Ford Field's been indoors now since they made it. I only have forty eight points, which is just half a point under. So if I'm going with my gut, Tommy says this, Math says this. Tommy says this, Math says this.
Speaker 2: And again, if you're a news reporter that's forced into covering a sports press conference, sometimes you don't.
Speaker 3: You don't necessarily happened to ask you a question, So I need a Also, it says going on, I want to I want someone to make a little video about.
Speaker 2: Uh the Chiefs of Bills over under his forty five and a half. I think we get a score fest here. I got points because I'm looking forward to this game. I think they go up and down the field and the Chiefs win in a last second Harrison bucker field goal that they hits the over.
Speaker 3: This is my one. I'm going under. I think these two defenses. Sean McDermott has just been outstanding, UH since he got called out for some questionable motivational tactics a few years go, really misguided, his defense and his coaching has been outstanding. So I think these are two really good defenses we're going under.
Speaker 4: I'm going over in this one. I have forty seven total points. I think it's going to be a close game. This one's the most likely to go into overtime for me, which means the potential for more points is even better. Also, I like the snowballs being thrown, so I.
Speaker 2: Need to see more of that, especially when before the game the fans are told there will be no throwing of snow, and then we all celebrate the fel.
Speaker 4: Like I'll be asked with you. They probably reminded people they could throw the snow like you're like, don't do.
Speaker 2: It, don't do it, but definitely not an end zone target. Like somebody almost hit George Pickens.
Speaker 5: Don't do that.
Speaker 4: Let's get some just throw it like in the air for fun.
Speaker 2: Tom to get some more quick picks. Let's give the tight ends some love, starting with George Kittle. Greg Will George Kittle score a touchdown this weekend?
Speaker 3: Okay, so I ran it through my model. George Kittle six touchdowns this year? There were sixteen games. Divide six by sixteen. That's no, that's no, that's what that is.
Speaker 5: Unless unless they play play the game seven more times.
Speaker 3: Or if they played the Packers every week, would he only have six touchns. Don't point out these inconsistencies. I just I'm feeling I you can CMC, That's what I'm okay, Okay, fine.
Speaker 4: It's going to do some out there. But you just said you're feeling it. It's fine, model you and your model.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I think the Niners get some points and George Kittle red zone target after play action towards CMC.
Speaker 5: Cynthia.
Speaker 2: Let's go to another tight end. Talk about your boy, Sam Laporta. Does Sam Laporta get in the end zone?
Speaker 4: Yes, Sam Laporta gets in the end zone. He's kind of my like X factor in this one. Although can you be an X factor if you're so well known? I don't know about that, but I do think he gets in the end zone. And listen, Greg may mock me about having a.
Speaker 3: Model, not mocking, that was my model six divide by sixteen.
Speaker 4: All right, fine, my model, says Laporta, end zone and all of you agree. Your model agrees with my model.
Speaker 3: Here, I mean her the graphic Sam Laporta is a is a model rookie tight end? Oh there we go, second team All Pro.
Speaker 4: I have to pay me every time you say the word modeling. Okay, I've trademarked it. I will.
Speaker 3: You know, like a lot of the all time greats as rookie tight ends, Yeah, they weren't second team All Pro. It didn't really happen. This is one of the best seasons any rookie Titans.
Speaker 2: Ever had, and also the first time the Bucks played the Lions back in week six, Sam.
Speaker 5: Reporter get eleven targets.
Speaker 2: We talking about Ama Ross fifteen they were feeding Sam Laporta, so I think they have a chance to do so again. Last one, does Travis Kelce get into the end zone for the first time since week eleven?
Speaker 5: You guys both say no. But what I presuppose with my pick your models? Kelsey does I don't have a model.
Speaker 2: I've got like a pro Tiva from nineteen ninety six with a twenty eight eight modem, so it doesn't run anything. But again, the Bills defense is hurt right now and one of the most difficult things to do.
Speaker 5: It's not like it was.
Speaker 2: Go back and watch twenty eighteen Travis Kelce. He's insane. He's impossible to cover. This is not that Travis Kelce. But he still has a connection with Patrick Mahomes and they do fun stuff towards the end zone, and I think he scores one of those touchdowns.
Speaker 4: Your model is actually more recent than the last time the Lions won home playoff game if you think about it. Oh yeah, so your model is actually pretty recent in terms of that. I keep telling everyone this week, like I keep getting text messages from friends and family about the lines. We couldn't have done this the last time they did it. I mean they were like seven where we were like young kids, but you know it didn't exist. There was no iPhone.
Speaker 3: We'll get tell them like it's not the first since ninety one, it's the second win since fifty seven. That really does it.
Speaker 4: Right, Like we're there fart, that's a little extra with TV all black and white.
Speaker 2: Then very fortunately that those seventy years of Lions aren't playing this weekend, so none of that actually matters. It's time to write this down as we get some predictions for the divisional round that you must take note of.
Speaker 5: Start as software.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for once, I'm the best dressed person on the set, and he gave me some little Caesars merch and I think I'm rocking it right now. You know what else is going to happen this weekend? All the favorites are going to win. And you say the NFL, Oh, so many surprising things happen every week, Like you never know what's going to happen in the NFL. Maybe the most surprising thing is that nothing surprising happens. All four favorites, line them up, pick them and I'm not talking about they win by at least nine and a half. I'm just saying forty nine Ers win, Ravens win, Lions win, and then Bills connect. This four team matchup, however you want to think about it, and it all comes through and we get a great championship weekend.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like a square.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's all it's all connected, it's all connect.
Speaker 4: All connected.
Speaker 5: Interesting Cynthia.
Speaker 4: Okay, I love me some rushing numbers, and I think the Josh Allen is going to have at least forty four rushing yards. I also think Patrick Mahomes is going to have at least twenty seven rushing yards. So if you're looking at a game and you're saying, hey, Bill's Chiefs, what do I look at? Just look at the rushing numbers for the quarterbacks and say.
Speaker 3: Lots lots of lots of lots of lots of lots, cots of pizza, but lots of lots of I want lots.
Speaker 5: Of lots of pizza. Pizza.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Little Caesars, the official Pizzo Super Bowl fifty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know our show.
Speaker 2: On the show, we've celebrated a particular Detroit lion who went to the University of Alabama, who makes big plays and I'm gonna do that again.
Speaker 3: But it's not that guy.
Speaker 5: It's Jamison Williams.
Speaker 2: I think he will have over thirty five receiving yards against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. We saw Jared Goff hitting for that bomb touchdown again. We know Todd Bowles is going to be blitzing.
Speaker 5: It only takes one and I.
Speaker 2: Think Jamo can get you that one and get more than thirty five receiving yards again. Is Sam Laporter gonna get eleven targets? Those other targets gotta go to someone if they give I'm on Rod fifteen again.
Speaker 5: Jamison is going to be the.
Speaker 3: Cynthy'll be there watching do it for sim Field for talking out with me on Sunday.
Speaker 4: Elwood Burn Grill, Yes.
Speaker 2: Thanks for a lot of game debut delivered by Little Caesars, the official pizza sponsor, The should be the Field.
Speaker 1: NFL Game Review is a production of the NFL in partnership with iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts.